- A bar owner? I'm so embarrassed.
- Ben hater/Anderson&Ben denialists melt down in 3.. 2.. 1..
- Stupid piece. Says it is in Chelsea but it is 30 blocks north.
- Wow. Anderson has the audacity to wear a New Orleans PD shirt...classy.
- Not exactly an A-list group of celebs. Every one would go to the opening of an envelope.
And Alan Cumming really needs to dress for his age.
- I hate Ellen Barkin!
I hope she gets punched in the face really hard!
- More whores overrunning Hells Kitchen.
- Which bartender did Andy Cohen end up taking home with him?
I guess we'll know soon - if the fuck was any good, the lucky winner gets to tend bar on WWHL this week...
- So many bitter bitches here angry that they will never be invited to an event like that.
- Alan Cumming is adorable.
- Who are these people and why are they being photographed in that trashy looking tavern? Is this what passes for New York glamor these days? Gauche.
- The bitterness and jealouy is almost tangible by now.
- I don't understand why people are so snarky with Andy, who's out and proud, when there are so many closeted gays to be snarky about. Hello, Kevin Spacey.
- Kevin Spacey is A list. These other clowns and only one step above reality stars.
- To me a closeted case like Spacey is an old clown without balls. These two are men.
- Heterosexual Whoopi Goldberg has an Oscar!
- Whoopi is fun. Mark Consuelos is so gorgeous. I will say the pic of Andy and Anderson is a good one as far as their faces are concerned.
- Ben's new bar Atlas Social Club is starting out with a bang. I don't recall any gay bar ever getting that much press, nor having so many celebs show up for its opening. It looks like ASC is going to be another big success for him, so of course the usual DL cunts are full of bitter jealousy.
Here's a few more pics from the private opening in the New York Times:
- Do you hear that odd sound in the backgroud? That's the bitter bitches and Ben/Anderson love-haters sobbing and gnashing their teeth.
R18, cute pic of Andy and Ben. And I really like this one too:
- R19, they posted a lot more pics from that private party on Atlas Social Club's Instagram. Aside from all the celebrities, the decor of the space is very unique (no taxidermy this time for Ben), and the crowd looked very hot. The Ben/Anderson love-haters are not going to like this!
R1, I'm sure Little Gloria is quite thrilled that her son is with someone who owns 3 successful bars and who's obviously quite smart and creative (on top of being hot).
- Nice pic of Ben and Kelly here. All of AC's famous friends seem to love him. There's another pic in the New York Times slide show where Ben can be seen talking very closely to Ellen Barkin.
- No sean avery sighting?
- The place looks pretty good indeed. And a house decoration obsessed person like Gloria of all people would certainly appreciate that her son's partner has a knack for this as well.
- R21 Awwwww!
- Link to ASC's Instagram:
- This will make some heads explode:
[quote]Atlas Social Club, the buzzy new Hell’s Kitchen bar being opened by nightlife heavyweights Josh Wood, Pablo Raimondi, Benjamin Maisani and Asi Mazar, had a soft opening for friends and family last night and quite a few recognizable names stopped by vintage fitness-inspired bar. Anderson Cooper, who’s dating Maisani, canoodled with the co-owner in the back while Whoopi Goldberg and Alan Cumming were spotted chatting in a separate corner.
- AC and Ben, still together after more than 5 years, celebrating the opening of another one of Ben's incredibly successful bars with their famous friends, yep, that's gotta piss off some people around here BIG TIME, lol!
- It looks like a good bar. Let's hope it will attract a little classier crowd than HK has lately. I've noticed a trend for HK's gay and straight bars to bring in the mooks.
- I congratulate them, but everyone knows they have an open relationship. It's common gossip in Chelsea. Whatever works for them, I guess. The sick obsession some of you have with their every move I'm sure doesn't flatter them one bit, though. Some of you don't come across as being wrapped too tight, to put it nicely.
Any pics of Anderson and Ben actually posing together at this event, BTW?
- Yes yes, and we all know how reliable Chelsea gossip is.
Anyway, Anderson and Ben with Whoopi.
- My favorite line from the comments section:
"Rome fell because of these same things."
- Did Mark Consuelos jump up on a table and strip down to a thong?
- R30 You can choose not to believe it. The fact that you've been nothing but hostile in this thread over something as trivial as a bar opening shows who the angry one really is.
Tone it down a notch. Really, it's not that deep.
- R33 I don't believe anything based on gossip with no shred of evidence to back it up. If that is your thing, suit yourself.
And as far as I have seen only a few people here, including me, have had anything positive, non-hostile to say about the bar opening. The rest has been bitter bitchery. Problem?
- I can't figure out why it's relevant if their relationship is or isn't open...it's still obviously a strong relationship.
- r35, an "open relationship" by definiton, is not a strong relationship. A "strong relationship" necessitates fidelity, monogamy, and trust. How can you and your partner, despite having an understanding, really trust each other when you're out there whoring around?
- R36, that's your opinion. It's not a fact.
We're ten years into a monogamous relationship, but my previous 20 year relationship was open. There are and never were trust issues.
I know of monogamous relationships where there is plenty of mistrust, and open ones where there isn't any...and vice versa.
One thing doesn't follow the other.
- I also don't see how an open relationship would lead to trust issues. If both are open about what they do on the side? Besides, a relationship needs to be pretty strong to be upheld when one or both are having things on the side or there would be no need to stay with our "main" partner in the first place.
Having said that, I don't care if Anderson and Ben have a monogamous or open relationship, I am simply not interested in unfounded gossip. If someone can present any evidence of Anderson being out and about with a number of men I'd say, fine, whatever, but there is a glaring absense of this kind of material.
- r36 a lot of partners in closed relationships get cheated on. Open relationships normally have rules and limits set by the couple who may not actually have sex with others very often (in some cases they do it less than couples who have agreed to be closed) and may have agreed to only have sex with others together as a threesome. It's not a black and white, closed = monogamy and trust while open = sodom and gomorrah without trust thing.
Also, people need to know themselves and be upfront about what they are looking for. Someone who wants the companionship of a partner but doesn't feel willing or able to stick to monogamy should be forthright about that and come to an agreement with someone looking for the same thing. That's a lot better than screwing over partners with lying and cheating.
- [quote]an "open relationship" by definiton, is not a strong relationship. A "strong relationship" necessitates fidelity, monogamy, and trust.
R36 is dead-wrong about this. Open relationships actually require a great deal of trust between the 2 partners. I really don't understand who's posting such negative, judgmental comments on a gay site. I think monogamy is extremely overrated, especially between 2 men, and frankly, it takes a lot of maturity, communication and trust for a couple to decide to be open. But judging from r36's post, she doesn't have much experience when it comes to relationship.
- Probably R36 is a frau.
- why aren't there pictures of AC with BM? They still won't be photographed together
- Probably, r41.
[quote]I congratulate them, but everyone knows they have an open relationship. It's common gossip in Chelsea.
So what? Even if it's true, what exactly are you trying to say R29? That their relationship is less than good because they're not feeling particularly tethered to the strict rules of monogamy? Oh my, two gay men who aren't respecting the sanctity of fidelity, pass me the salts, I'm about to faint! Welcome to the 21st century, doll.
- R42 Yes, they totally won't be photographed together.
- [quote]why aren't there pictures of AC with BM? They still won't be photographed together
That's not true, there are several pics of Anderson and Ben together on ASC's Instagram.
- Lol, you beat me to it, R44.
More pics of Anderson and Ben together at the link below:
- Just my opinion but Ben doesn't look healthy.
- There are a lot of jealous bitches around here.
- That's a good pic of AC at r45, although wearing a police/fire dept or military tee in order to demonstrate how tough and masculine you are is very 1999.
- R2, 9, 12, 19, 23, 24, 30,34,38, 44
You know you're a freak? Right?
- R49 He got that shirt from the cops in New Orleans when he reported from there and he's been wearing it for years on random occasions. Stop making up random interpretations about what he supposedly wants to express with it.
- R50 Ah, a bitter bitch. Felt addressed, huh?
- "I don't believe anything based on gossip with no shred of evidence to back it up."
The pics of Ben kissing another man are evidence.
"The rest has been bitter bitchery. Problem?"
That statement speaks for itself.
- How come there aren't any rumors out there from gossips like Michael Musto, Brian Moylan, Perez Hilton or Page Six, Confidential and other folks who you'd think would know something about AC and Ben having an open relationship? This is why I doubt that they do. Something should've gotten back to the gossips by now if there's all this knowledge about an open relationsip. I know they'd jump at a chance to imply it, but no one has ever done it. Look at AC's face in those pics, he is SOOOOO happy. This doesn't look like a man who needs to play around.
[quote]Wow. Anderson has the audacity to wear a New Orleans PD shirt...classy.
I guess he's making some kind of statement. He's said he's friends with some of those cops down in NOLA, I guess it happened during Katrina, I just HOPE he's not supporting the bad ones. Anderson's kind of conservative when it comes to cops/military and he seems like one of those big law and order types who'll back the police no matter what, he probably supports "Stop and Frisk" in NYC.
- [quote]Ben's new bar Atlas Social Club is starting out with a bang. I don't recall any gay bar ever getting that much press, nor having so many celebs show up for its opening.
Well Anderson has a lot of connections and Ben's friend Josh Wood does too, they know how to get press attention and how to drum up interest.
- Ben and Anderson obviously have an open relationship. So if Ben's "mistress" is the guy he was kissing in the park, who is Anderson's boy toy on the side? I just hope they play safe.
- R53 I am aware of the pics of Ben. I want to see all those pics of Anderson being out and about with other men. So far nothing.
- Been really does look quite sick. Anyone know what the deal is with that?
- Co-owner Pablo (Ben's ex before he moved over to Anderson) is hot!
- [quote]Ben and Anderson obviously have an open relationship.
What makes it obvious? They seem to be pretty monogamous and committed.
- If that is the case, whatever works for them r43 but then his fans really should lay off the exaggerated perfect oh so in love fantasy they are always pushing. I believe this is what makes so many here on DL turn on them.
- The guy Ben was kissing still reminds me of Josh Wood, they are close. However, I don't think those were new pics and I don't think AC and Ben have an open relationship.
- Wow, I never realized how short AC and Ben are. Look at those pics of them next to Andy Cohen, whom I've met and who's barely 5'2".... AC and Ben are the same height?! Never seen AC or Ben in person, are they really that short?
- Just my opinion but R47's bitter jealousy doesn't look healthy to me.
- I'm embarrassed for all of them. That's the best Anderson Cooper can do? How sad.
- Welcome to an Anderson Cooper thread, home of the hatemongers. Hatemonger R2 jumped right in to announce upcoming hate accusations. If someone says Anderson looks better in blue shirts than black shirts, the hatemongers will announce that you're an Anderson hater. If you mention that Ben might look better with a darker tan, you'll get accused of being a jealous Ben hater.
Has there ever been an Anderson Coooper thread that isn't filled with accusations of hate, jealousy, bitter bitchery, love-haters, bitter bitches? How many hatemongers does it take to ruin a good thread? Two? Three?
- I don't think Anderson is very tall, he says he's about 5'10. To me he looks long and lanky but people have said he's a bit short.
- They're all UGLY!
- I wonder if AC and Ben use those bars of his for some afternoon delight when they're closed.
- R66 Oh, don't worry, the bitter bitches ruin every Anderson and/or Ben thread all by themselves.
Apropos, where is the bitter bitch that claimed Anderson and Ben broke up only shortly ago?
- R66 AKA the obnoxious smug one is back with us, posting her usual rant.
[quote]Apropos, where is the bitter bitch that claimed Anderson and Ben broke up only shortly ago?
Give her a couple of days and she'll return with another similar claim. She goes quiet whenever there's a new sighting, but if a few days go by without a new pic or a new mention of them being seen together somewhere, she'll start posting her break-up BS again. Mark my word.
- When there used to be interesting gossip on AC several years ago here, someone posted that AC's boyfriends knew that they would have to accept that he wouldn't be monogamous because it just wasn't something he was capable of or interested in doing - they had to take him or leave him. I think AC meeting Ben and REALLY falling in love changed everything and caused him to finally want to fully commit to a relationship. Game changer.
- [quote]the obnoxious smug one
Smug? Is that the best you can do? No hate accusation?
- This time, it seems Ben is the one not interested in being committed R72. And who can blame him? You're around good looking men all day and night.
- Ben is super-hot and lives in a city in which even the average-looking guys eschew monogamy because they can get plenty of dick. You do the math. So, no, it's unlikely they're monogamous.
- We know they're not monogamous. Why is this empirical fact still being debated here?
- If they really aren't monogamous (still not sure if I believe that) it's VERY strange that there isn't any gossip about it outside of DL. If a more legit source were to say it, I'd be more inclined to believe it because people can say anything here. Having said that, there HAVE been things said here first that have been accurate about them, so I can't completely dismiss the idea that they are open.
- R76 Because there is a puzzling, total absense of Anderson being seen or photographed being out and about with other guys. One would think in a city where he can't even clean the sidewalk, drive his bike or use the subway without someone taking his picture there would be something, anything after five years?
- Who is "we" R76?
R78 is right. No pics, no rumors, no open relationship.
- Most-recently Ben's bar was Vintage restaurant.
- There are published photos of his longtime boyfriend messing around with another guy. What more do you need?
- I need a date for when those photos were taken. They may have been published last year but they may have been taken long before Ben and AC got together. We keep going over this and not getting anywhere. There is no real proof that is definitive.
- We've been over this a million times. The pics of Ben kissing his trick in the park were obviously taken recently, well after he and Anderson became a couple. The paparazzi wouldn't have cared who Ben was and snapped a compromising photo of him unless he was already dating Anderson. And I'm sure Anderson was livid when the photos were published...not because Ben was with another guy (they have an "understanding," so Anderson could care less whom Ben is fucking is on the side), but because Ben was so careless doing this all out in the open.
- The only way they couldn't have an open relationship is if Ben had been doing this while they were "on a break."
- [quote]Because there is a puzzling, total absense of Anderson being seen or photographed being out and about with other guys.
You're puzzled, R78? Do you really think Anderson and Ben didn't learn a lesson from Ben out and about in the park with a trick last year? Give it a rest. Anderson isn't going to be posing with his tricks on the Staten Island Ferry. Do you really think he would be stupid enough to get caught with other guys when these threads go for weeks without any pics of Anderson with Ben? You act as if you think he doesn't have the intelligence to keep a secret. He's not stupid!
- I am familiar with the situation. They are not monogamous. They usually bring in a third for threeway play, but Ben does have a "friend" on the side in the city. Anderson has "friends" in New Orleans and Brazil. In of story. Nothing shocking or scandalous.
- R85, why are you so invested in this? You spend so much time and energy arguing and debating it as it was a matter of national security. Ever heard the expression Get a life? You need to.
- R85 No pictures of Anderson of that kind before Ben cheating/with sidedish, no pictures after. None at all. Not even any sightings apart from the usual "there are rumors in Chelsea". Please. Unless he has always been booking guys from a super descreet service that delivers them to his backdoor there is no way Anderson Cooper picking up tricks would go unnoticed. Not to mention one could sell photos like that for quite a bit.
- R86 Off to fantasy land again, making up random shit?
R82 You need to get over this. Paparazzi taking pictures of Ben before he met Anderson makes zero sense, it's absurd. Of course the pictures were taken when they were already together. He either cheated on Anderson or they have an understanding and Ben has something on the side once in a while.
What I want is pictures of Anderson with other guys, anything, just a little shred of evidence of all those supposed tricks this always at work guy is constantly picking up according to the vivid fantasies of some people here.
- R89 is right, but the people who insist that Anderson has a side piece have only their intense desire to counterbalance those pics of Ben kissing another hot dude as evidence for their claims. They can't accept the fact that AC didn't kick out Ben after the pics were published, so they have to invent imaginary lovers for their precious Coops to save face, because otherwise they'd have to admit that Ben is the one calling the shots in the relationship.
- I think R90 might be on to something here. It's interesting how those who are always claiming that AC has many guys on the side are the same who clearly don't like Ben and are constantly trashing him. They probably hate his guts even more when there's all this evidence that Anderson is completely wrapped around his fingers.
On another note, here's an interview from the Huffington Post with Josh Wood about Atlas Social Club:
- so r86,you are clarifying they are not madly in love, secretly married, or planning on getting married and they are just a rich man and his current playboy. I agree, this is not a shocking or scandalous situation.But it is a convenient arrangement from two men who do NOT want to commit.It is a deliberately casual, convenient relationship that leaves remains open to relationship with others. A perfect situation unless one happens to fall in love with the other.
I do hope Anderson's security is monitoring datalounge for the stalkers who had such a complete break from reality that they not only monitor Anderson on social media, but also his friends, his boyfriends, his friends' businesses, and his friends' friends' social lives and business adventures just to feed their obsession. Fandom crossed over to a potentially dangerous obsession a couple of years ago for some.
To be fair, I'm sure there is only one person doing this who then pretends to be one or two other people and agrees with herself. The style of writing, illogical suppositions, irrational justifications, and the smug attitude are too similar for it to be more than one person.
- They can't be "madly in love" and fucking other people, too? That's silly.
- You would need photographic proof from someone who has been extremely private regarding their dating life up until a year ago? And who didn't even mention his longterm partner until this year?
Should we then assume that Anderson has only ever dated two guys in his entire life? Because the only people he's been photographed with are Cesar and Ben, so I guess he's only been with two men? Well, then he really hasn't much of sex life, now has he?
It's a GOSSIP board, kids. You don't have to believe what is posted here, but you're no more of an expert on this than anyone else. So stop saying it's bullshit when you don't know. And if you don't like what someone posts, ignore it.
You trolls have taken all the fun out of this place with your nonsense. Constantly looking for fights with posters (R2 came right into the thread looking to start trouble) and arguing over trivial nonsense. How many threads can you argue over the same tired shit?
Cough up the eighteen dollars and start your own thread where you can post to your hearts content about how in love and devoted AC and Ben are. There's your solution. And leave the rest of us alone who want to gossip.
- What's your problem R87? Did you not know this is a gossip site? Do you have so much invested in maintaining only one line of thought that you can't deal with someone asking a few questions?
[bold]IF[/bold] you're really wanting to know why someone is "so invested in this," why are you not asking that of the person who posted at: 2R, R9, R12, R19, R23, R24, R30, R34, R38, R44, R51, R52, R57, R70, R78, R88, R89 ?
You really don't have to answer that. It's very clear who you are.
- I love it when people on DL say they know who another poster is, like R95 just did. Ooooh, I'm so scared now that you've unmasked me!!! Pray tell me who I am then, I'm very curious to know who you think is making fun of you for being so invested in arguing about all this.
R90 is quite right. How else to explain the fact that after more than a year, people on DL are still talking about those pics? The freaks with the love/hate thing for AC have a real hard time accepting that he hasn't broken up with Ben, so they keep bringing this up and create fictional bfs for Anderson. Very odd indeed.
- R95 One can always tell when you are feeling addressed the moment you start getting really invested, go crazy and collect all comments someone has made, you bitter obsessed bitch. :) Either present some evidence for your claims or admit you are just fantasizing and projecting your fiction onto AC.
- R97, since someone wanted to know why someone is "invested" in this thread, it was very easy to point out the person who started off the "hate" accusations at R2 and continued on with a very active investment, more than anyone else.
Of course, there's no doubt that you're "feeling addressed" regarding your over-the-top investment, since you are R2 as well as R9, R12, R19, R23, R24, R30, R34, R38, R44, R51, R52, R57, R70, R78, R88, R89 and R97.
When it comes to presenting my "claims," it's not "fiction" that troll-dar easily displays your investment. Countdown to your twin arriving back here with another defense or accusation. 5 - 4 - 3 ...
- I think they are monogamous, there's no evidence that they aren't and they seem absolutely, perfectly suited for each other, with a great deal of respect and admiration between them. If there were some real gossip about them NOT being monogamous and if it wasn't just coming from this place, I'd be happy to believe it because I LOVE some good AC/Ben dish or just plain AC dish, but so far, no one has proven anything. If you say there aren't going to be any pics of AC/Ben and the third man, what do we have to go on? We're just supposed to believe it? I want to hear it from more sources, but there are approximately ZERO people outside of DL even implying it.
- [quote]there's no evidence that they aren't
There certainly is evidence that they aren't.
- I guess Ben is glad Josh Wood can do these interviews because it saves him from being asked about AC.
- R100, no one knows when those pics were taken.
- I find it interesting in the two photos of Anderson and Ben on the Atlas Instagram sight - there is a third person in both. Andy Cohen is standing between them in one and Ben is behind and between Anderson and Whoopi in the other. Anderson posted the photo of himself and Andy Cohen on his Instagram site. Now that Anderson is out and has mentioned Ben as his partner at the Glaad awards, why won't he pose for or post a picture with the two of them on his Instagram site. If there weren't pictures and mentions of them as a couple all over the tabloids and papz sites, I would understand it, but it's not like their relationship is a secret.
Regarding the photos of Ben in the park kissing another man, there was someone who tweeted a couple days after the photos appeared that he witnessed it. I don't think those photos were old at the time.
I have no idea what Anderson's relationship with Ben is like, but I would not be surprised if it were open. Neither strike me as the settling down/getting married type. What works for them is all that matters and it only matters to them.
- Hey R95/r98, I'm still waiting for your big revelation as to who I am! Come on, I can't wait to hear who you think is posting anonymously and pointing out your bizarre investment in debating all this!
- [quote] there was someone who tweeted a couple days after the photos appeared that he witnessed it
If this could be confirmed then we'd really be getting somewhere and would know for CERTAIN that they have an open relationship.
- Except that anyone can tweet saying they've witnessed it, r105. It doesn't make it necessarily true, does it?
- Josh Wood said Madonna was nervous before she went onstage at the GLAAD Awards for AC. MADONNA nervous???!
- J.D. Ordonez.
- [quote]Which bartender did Andy Cohen end up taking home with him?
Mark Consuelos, obviously. BTW, do we know if he's cut or uncut? When he was a stripper, did he go all the way?
- Mark needs to ease up on the bronzer.
- Maybe Consuelos is AC and Ben's "third man". He sure does hang out with them A LOT. Do straight guys really hang out that much with gay dudes? What's up with him?
- Hey R104 I'm still waiting to hear why you have a problem with someone asking a few questions yet are willing to ignore the over-the-top "inventment" of your hall monitor twin at R2, R9, R12, R19, R23, R24, R30, R34, R38, R44, R51, R52, R57, R70, R78, R88, R89, R97.
- why are the words friends and family written in quotes in this piece?
it says...'friends and family' ....makes me think they are trying to hint that some of the famous guests are 'family'; ie., Ellen Barkin and ??
- Jamie Hendrix @Jamie_R_Hendrix 1h
OH!! The new Atlas Social Club in @HellsKitchenNYC was AWESOME last night! @AndersonCooper showed up looking 10 shades of sexy.
If AC wanted to play around, he wouldn't be spending so much time with his REAL man.
- Anderson went to Ben's new bar twice this week. He must be so proud of his bf scoring another success in NYC nightlife. This is sure to piss off some of the usual bitches around here.
- You must be a miserable person R115. To project such a nasty attitude over something so trivial.
Is this all you have?
- Have they abandoned Bedlam? ASC seems pretty cool. I wonder how long it will be before they know it's s real success.
- Was Coop's stalker there?
- They didn't seem the least bit worried about some stalker.
- Does anyone know if Don Lemon or Thomas Roberts and his husband were invited? I know that AC and Don aren't the best of friends, and that Don hasn't invited AC to some parties he has given, but I wonder if he was among the CNN colleagues who were invited. Is AC friendly with Roberts and his husband?
- Oh here we go again with who couldn't care less more. Look, AC is not close to Don or Thomas and none of it matters. End of story.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The bitch at R115 has already bitched about "usual bitches" who will be pissed off that Anderson went to Ben's bar twice this week. (Yes, he really thinks people will have a problem with that.) We need several people to pretend they're upset about it so that R115 can announce that you're Ben-haters. Don't let him sit up all night unable to bash someone as a Ben-hater. Let's get organized people!!!!
- " I know that AC and Don aren't the best of friends, and that Don hasn't invited AC to some parties he has given,"
Yeah sure you "know" this.
- R122 is such a tiresome broken record.
And yes R123, I love how R120 is still trying to convince anyone that she knows anything. Poor dear.
- J.D. Ordonez
- Just ignore R123 and R124. Its not worth it anymore. They can start their own thread. Its that simple. They don't contribute anything anyway.
R120 Lemon and Cooper do not get along. I'm also curious as to where Kathy Griffin was. I don't think Anderson and her are as close as they used to be. I wonder if they had a falling out?
- Kathy was on the last of ACs daytime shows and was supposed to have taped a pilot for CNN with him but I haven't heard about them being together since.
- 9th bet 50th & 51st is not Chelsea. Oh. Dear.
- [quote]Just ignore [R123] and [R124]. Its not worth it anymore. They can start their own thread. Its that simple. They don't contribute anything anyway.
I'd love to know what you think you so valuably contribute, r126. Hint: being crazy doesn't qualify.
- Ben retweeted that tweet @ R114. He is proud of his sexy bf.
A.S.C. looks like a big hit already.
- Does anyone actually believe that Ben, with his beautifully sculpted body and elephantine cock, constantly surrounded by beautiful boys with similar physical features, finds ANDERSON sexy?!?!? I've experienced first-hand (and the hard way) that the only way these types of looks-discordant relationships work is if the less attractive one is loaded. Instead of the tee shirt he wore to the opening, AC should've just worn one that had "ATM" as the logo.
- [quote]Was Coop's stalker there?
One of them is in jail. R2 - R87 probably couldn't get in.
- Pot meet kettle R129.
- R130 How do you know "Ben" re-tweeted that? Ben is one of four partners so there's no way to know which is doing the tweeting or posting photos to their Instagram page. Could be any one of them or all of them.
This is what turns people off on AC DL threads anymore. It's not all about Ben. Yes, he's partners with two others in EB, one other in Bedlam and three others in ASC - they are not "Ben's bars" as some here like to state. Ben is only one of the players in each establishment.
I hope the bars do well, I hope Ben and AC are happy in whatever kind of relationship they have, but this storybook romance, successful businessman scenarios are a little over the top. It's not how the real world works.
- Ben's new bar ASC sounds like a huge success right off the bat. There are a lot of people tweeting about it already, saying that they had a great time there and the place is beautiful. It sounds like this one is going to do really well.
- R134, why do you care so much about how other people chose to discuss Ben and his bars? Stop being such a control freak who tries to dictate what can be said around here. You're the real reason why people are turned off by what goes on the AC threads around here.
- (128) Aren't the real estate people pushing Hell's Kitchen, which is what 9th between 50 and 51 is, as Clinton, or Chelsea North? All a bunch of BS. Hell's Kitchen used to have some character...not anymore.
- No one that I know calls it Clinton even though the city has been pushing this term for years, it's always been referred to as Hell's Kitchen. It's sort of like 6th Avenue being changed to Avenue of the Americas, or 7th Avenue being called Fashion Avenue. Never gonna happen.
I never even heard the term "Chelsea North", must be a real estate invention, lol! But given how gay HK has become over the last decade, supplanting Chelsea as the prime gay neighborhood in the process, I can see why someone would refer to it that way.
- [quote]why do you care so much about how other people chose to discuss Ben and his bars? Stop being such a control freak who tries to dictate what can be said around here. You're the real reason why people are turned off by what goes on the AC threads around here.
YOU certainly seem to care R136. You were the control freak bitching about "usual bitches around here." You were the one predicting that people here would be pissed off because Anderson was at Ben's bar twice this week at R115. [bold]You're the real reason[/bold] why people are turned off by what goes on the AC threads around here.
- R134, it's Ben who posts on that account. Look at his replies with the excessive exclamation points. He tweeted the same way when he came back from a vacation with AC and he did it on the Instagram account talking about how sexy Kelly Ripa is. Josh Wood and Pablo have their own accounts on Instagram. It's Ben tweeting.
And thank you R136!
[quote]Does anyone actually believe that Ben, with his beautifully sculpted body and elephantine cock, constantly surrounded by beautiful boys with similar physical features, finds ANDERSON sexy?!?!?
Yes, because I find Anderson sexy and so do MANY others, check Twitter and see who finds him sexy. Men and women of all ages and races. Get over your jealousy and maybe you could see things clearer.
- Girls, girls! You're both repellant.
- There was once a BIG thread on DL with New Yorkers arguing about what part of the city is what. Why can't they agree? It should be definite.
- [quote]YOU certainly seem to care [R136]. You were the control freak bitching about "usual bitches around here."
No dear R139, I wasn't "bitching", I was making fun of people like you who are getting so worked up over Ben's new bar.
[quote]You were the one predicting that people here would be pissed off because Anderson was at Ben's bar twice this week at [R115].
Thank you r139 for demonstrating how accurate my prediction has been. The fact that my simple comment was enough to trigger you into a rage (so much so that you now posted twice about it) amply shows that you are quite pissed off about all this. Go take your meds, the fury will subside soon once they kick in.
- R138 "Clinton is overrun with whores" just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
- [quote]The fact that my simple comment was enough to trigger you into a rage
Heh! You've got me in the wrong group. I figure Anderson goes there to scope out the men available to Ben in their open relationship. It's perfectly natural for him to check out the men while enjoying free drinks with his partner. As we've heard from others, no doubt Ben has a choice of hot numbers that he meets in the bars. It appears that Ben and Anderson are tight in their open relationship and they deserve many more years of this type of togetherness that keeps things fresh.
- " 'Clinton is overrun with whores' just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?"
But that doesn't make it any less true.
- LOL R144.
- LOL R146!
- [quote]It appears that Ben and Anderson are tight in their open relationship and they deserve many more years of this type of togetherness that keeps things fresh.
It's really eating you up that they're still together, isn't it R145? As I said before, the success of Ben's new bar and the fact that your precious Anderson has been coming there twice this week is pissing you off big time. I'm looking forward to many more angry contributions from you in the coming years as Anderson and Ben continues to be successful and happy together.
- Ben is loving his sexy, sweaty bar. Must get him and AC all worked up.
- Ben is following someone named Roberto Reyes on Instagram and his account is private just like their other friend Leo Neves. AC love for Latin men was well known at one time. It's POSSIBLE that they bring in other guys for fun...
- He and Ben have an "understanding," as do most high-powered, attractive gay male couples in Manhattan. There's just too much premium dick to be had to commit yourself to one man, no matter how attractive he is. Do you actually think they keep their bodies in tip-top shape solely for each other? They trick around. A lot. How do you think THEY met each other??? I'm not judging them, just stating what is reality. It seems to be working for them, so bravo to them. I wish them much success.
- They all look Asian. They need plastic surgery.
- R152, your comment at R36 seems to be down on open relationships and you call Anderson unattractive in your reply @ R131, so how can you call him attractive in @ R152? You're all over the place here.
- [quote]I'm not judging them, just stating what is reality. It seems to be working for them, so bravo to them. I wish them much success.
Really R152, you're not being judgmental? Wow, you could have me fooled, given that you posted this earlier on this thread:
[quote]an "open relationship" by definiton, is not a strong relationship. A "strong relationship" necessitates fidelity, monogamy, and trust. How can you and your partner, despite having an understanding, really trust each other when you're out there whoring around?
You keep bringing this up like a tired broken record, claiming that it's all perfectly fine and that you don't have a problem with it, whatever works for them, etc..., when really what you're actually doing is condescendingly judging a relationship that you obviously disapprove of without actually knowing anything about it.
- Good catch R154 and r155! Just my opinion, but R152 sounds like an uptight moral-majority type pretending to be open-minded so she can discuss the disgusting practices of the decadent homosexuals.
- [quote]the fact that your precious Anderson has been coming there twice this week is pissing you off big time
Following the thinking of an AC-Ben stan isn't always easy. He thinks people would be jealous because Anderson went to the bar twice. He was desperate for what he calls the "usual bitches around here." to react in a jealous manner. It didn't happen so he's busy twisting anything possible to fit his prediciton. He keeps tossing out additional accusations. The fact that he keeps upping the accusations to "rage" and "fury" means, like the R2 hate stan, we need to be prepared for the "Ben hater" accusation. He's unable to comprehend that nobody cares how many times AC goes to the bar. R155 - R136 seems unable to comprehend the fact that people are sick of the thread monitors bashing anyone who doesn't go with the stan story as "usual bitches" and "Ben haters" and "Anderson haters." To use his stan style: His head explodes every time someone posts a message that doesn't fit his storyline.
- [quote]an uptight moral-majority type pretending to be open-minded so she can discuss the disgusting practices of the decadent homosexuals.
I read this in another thread, but it sounds right for here: Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she.
- R139 you make great sense, but it's wasted on the posters who are only here to attack.
Tune them out. I'm glad a number of people are tired of Anderson and Ben discussions ad nauseum. Scarily obsessed over people they don't even know. Let them get their own thread. Let's move on and discuss Anderson's career, which is lot more interesting.
Anyone know if Anderson will be co-hosting Kelly when Michael is out? Now that he doesn't have a talk show of his own, I wonder what he is going to do?
- Anderson only showed up and had his friends show up is because he is heavily invested in the club. Does anyone think trashy Ben has any money to start up these clubs? Anderson has sunk a fortune into a Bedlam and now this mess. What will happen when CNN kicks him to the curb and all the cash dries up. Antoine will be on to a brand new sugar daddy. This is the oldest, trashiest story in the book. Maybe Thomas Roberts will do a piece on gay men who give away all of their money to shady characters.
- some of you care too much about these two z-list celebs.
- "Trashy" Ben has made a good amount of money from his first two bars. Anderson will be just fine financially and AC isn't getting "kicked to the curb" by CNN R160. You keep coming up with this doom and gloom nonsense that never happens.
There are a lot of sexy guys who must come through A.S.C., I have to admit, it must be tempting but we don't know if AC and Ben are done with that kind of things.
- In spite of the boxing theme in ASC, I bet no one was watching that Mayweather/Canelo fight there.
- Ben is mad:
[quote]Atlas Social Club @atlassocialclub 2h @michbergs sorry u didn't like us, but do u have a problem with gay people? What do u mean by referring to us as "gay hell"? Not cool
[quote]michelle @michbergs 14h #atlassocialclub is basically hell. Thanks for taking over my favorite #nyc bar and making it awful
- R164 Guess Ben can't read too well? Where does the tweet refer to ASC as "gay hell"? All I sse is the words "basically hell".
- Wouldn't surprise me if she was a homophobe.
- R166 - I wouldn't be surprised either, but she didn't exactly tweet what Ben/ASC quoted her tweet as saying. Whoever is tweeting for ASC either can't read or is overly sensitive when it comes to criticism. Not the best way to win customers when you own a business.
- Well they don't need her business anyhow, they're doing great so far. I don't think they want a lot of women invading their manly space.
- r165 Earlier, she posted an Instagram photo of ASC with the hashtag gayhell. Though both the tweet and photo have been deleted now.
- R165 / R167 is an idiot.
- She sounds like a homophobe to me.
- [quote]Antoine will be on to a brand new sugar daddy.
You can't land a new sugar daddy at 40.
- [quote]There's just too much premium dick to be had to commit yourself to one man, no matter how attractive he is.
Yep, that's what it's all about.
- Someone tweeted that AC and Ben are married. Neither one is looking for a daddy.
- Ben could still land a daddy if he wanted one, but he's already got one and won't find a better one.
- Ellen Barkin?! Is there a more annoying cunt anywhere else in the world?!
- She's got balls, I love her R176.
The "gay hell" woman has made her twitter account private. I guess she never thought ASC would respond to her nastiness.
- I read that woman's tweets before she deleted them, and she did use the hashtag "gay hell" next to a pic of ASC's sign that she posted on her account. It sounded pretty homophobic to me, and I'm glad Ben got back at her. The fact that she immediately made her account to private and deleted her tweets after he called her out shows that she realized she had gone too far.
- Interesting that R165/r167 was so quick to jump to conclusion here (even though she hadn't read the offensive tweet because the woman who wrote it subsequently deleted it), and blamed Ben for being unable to read the tweet in question, or for being overly sensitive to criticism. Color me shocked that she would immediately assume Ben was at fault and defended the homophobic cunt who hashtagged #gayhell#.
- [quote]Color me shocked that she would immediately assume
Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she.
- I didn't realize they made such a big deal about it opening. I stopped by there on Saturday - it's fine, okay crowd, but at this point not much to distinguish it from other bars in the area, and the neighborhood is absolutely saturated at this point - Therapy, Industry, Vlada, the new Boxers, Posh, and Flaming Saddles are all within one block of it, not to mention Barrage, Bartini, the Ritz, Hardware, FairyTail, XL, etc... the list goes on and on in Hell's Kitchen (which really will turn into gay hell if they keep on cramming these bars and clubs here...) And yeah, that article is off, because 50th/51st and 9th is nowhere near Chelsea.
- [quote]Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she.
I agree, but I wasn't referring to a gay man as she. I was referring to R165/r167, who's obviously a frau. Nice try r180.
- [quote]who's obviously a frau.
Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she. What makes it even more pathetic is when it's followed by a blatant lie for the usual nastiness such as "obviously a frau."
- Nothing says "I'm a homophobic frau" better than your post, r183. The fact that you attack me for pointing out that R165/r167 immediately sided with the clueless cunt who hashtagged #gayhell# on Twitter against Ben shows that you're just as bad as her. Go fuck yourself.
- LOL, It was a given, R184, that you would try to cover complaints about your nastiness by linking it to a totally bogus accusation... again! It's your standard, M.O.
Your constant bashing of other posters, totally in keeping with that stan at R2, is what's being called out. It has nothing to do with any message to Ben or from Ben. It's you. It's you and your nastiness. Your "Go fuck yourself" temper tantrum has nothing to do with any tweet. It's because you are being called out for your gay bashing of other men in these threads.
- No tantrum here r185, but let me break it down to you since you're a little slow: first you accused me of being bitter because I referred to another gay man as she, which is something I never do, so I corrected you by pointing out that I believe the person who I referred to as she (r165/r167)) was not a gay man, but in fact a woman. Then you accused me of lying for saying that I believe that R165/r167 is a frau, which doesn't make a lot of sense since that's exactly what I think she is. And now you're ranting about me making "bogus accusations" and accusing me of "constant bashing of other posters".
If not having any tolerance for straight women who come to DL to defend a tweet that I find homophobic in the first place, and for pointing out that they immediately sided with the clueless straight girl on Twitter instead of the openly gay guy in this argument means that I'm "constantly bashing other posters", then so be it. I'd rather be on the side of my gay brothers against the gay-hating fraus who regularly post here, you included r185.
- BRAVO R186!
- Preach R186!
I wish R181 would come back with more ASC details, like how was the crowd and the music, was it a packed house? How big is the place, it looks cramped.
- You can go on day and night about some clueless female on twitter but this isn't about that incident. This is about YOU and your gay bashing of gay men on this thread. Trying to weasel out of your gay bashing with the blatant lie that you're addressing a female won't work. You are a gay bashing liar and continue to prove it every time you attempt to point things in a different direction.
- Please provide an example of my so-called gay bashing, r189. I never did anything of the sort, and you know this quite well. I do go after the obnoxious fraus who post here pretending to be gay men in order to spew their homophobic bullshit and who side with other anti-gay females like the one who called ASC a gay hell. I repeat my question, how exactly does this make me a "gay bashing liar" as you claim? You're not making any sense.
- [quote]If not having any tolerance for straight women who come to DL to defend a tweet that I find homophobic in the first place, and for pointing out that they immediately sided with the clueless straight girl on Twitter
Again, more twisting of the truth. Anyone following this thread knows that R165 - R167 was NOT defending that woman for her tweets. He was reacting to what was available at the time he posted. He had no way to know that the woman had deleted her tweets that had been aimed at the bar. You choose to ignore that fact because it doesn't fit with your lies.
There was nothing to indicate that 165 - 167 was supporting any gay nasty tweets toward the new bar. You want it to seem that he was supporting that woman because it takes attention away from your gay bashing. We've got your lies and gay bashing to prove that you, once again, fit in with the stans who will lie about and attack anyone who doesn't fit with the "happily ever after" novelization you're attempting.
- So Anderson bought his hooker boyfriend a bar. They're both SO classy.
Is this bar as sleazy as the other one?
And couldn't they get at least one B list celeb to show up? C list?
- [quote]I do go after the obnoxious fraus who post here pretending to be gay men i
How noble of you. Now please explain your proof of the gender of R165 - R167. There is no proof. You're desperate to convince everyone that he's a female in order to fit your bashing.
- The pictures do a public service in that they negate the stereotype that all gay men are sexy and good looking. See, some of us are really homely, too!
- [quote]Anyone following this thread knows that [R165] - [R167] was NOT defending that woman for her tweets. He was reacting to what was available at the time he posted. He had no way to know that the woman had deleted her tweets that had been aimed at the bar.
Anyone following this thread knows that R165/r167 is always criticizing Ben, and all I did was pointing out that she (becomes yes, I'm sure that the poster we're talking about is a female, you won't convince me otherwise r191) immediately sided with the homophobe on Twitter by assuming that Ben can't read (?!?) or that he was being overly sensitive.
The fact that you're still defending R165/r167's premature reaction of judging Ben before getting all the facts and of placing the blame on him indicates that you're also a gay-bashing frau, r191.
As to your accusation of me being a "happily ever after" stan, you can let that one go because I never say such things. As a gay man, I support Ben because he's a great out and proud gay man who has been very successful in creating fun, sexy gay bars for us to enjoy and be ourselves, away from the judgmental eyes of uptight shrews like you.
- R191, why are you so determined to defend R165/r167, who was shown to be wrong when it turned out that the woman on Twitter did post the hashtag gay hell, and that Ben was perfectly justified in busting her gay-bashing ass? Do you really want to go to bat for a homophobe? It sure raises some suspicion around here.
But then again, given your posting history, this isn't all that surprising, is it?
- I love when a thread falls off topic and gets littered with angry, name-calling posts from individuals who feel it is appropriate to needlessly fight with complete strangers with no end purpose.
Why do you do this? Please exercise some self-control and have some dignity.
- Nice attempt at deflection, r197 (cough cough, I mean r189/r191/r193 and half the posts on this thread).
- I went Friday night. Anderson and Ben were both there as well as Perez Hilton.
Place was crowded. Music, I honestly didn't even really notice, so I guess it was fairly generic. Decor was dark with pictures on the walls that looked like they were taken at a 1920s gym. There was a dancer in the middle of the bar along the wall. Layout was fairly similar to Eastern Bloc, but with couches in the front. I'd go back, but it wasn't anything special, to be honest.
- Sounds totally uninspired.
- J.D. Ordoñez
- Thanks for your report, r199. Glad to hear the place was crowded. What were Anderson and Ben doing? Did they talk to Perez Hilton? I can't imagine them wanting anything to do with him. I wonder if he'll talk about his visit on his blog.
- [quote]why are you so determined to defend [R165]/[R167], who was shown to be wrong when it turned out that the woman on Twitter did post the hashtag gay hell, and that Ben was perfectly justified in busting her gay-bashing ass? Do you really want to go to bat for a homophobe? It sure raises some suspicion around here.
Anyone reading this thread can plainly see that NOBODY is saying Ben didn't have a right to bust that woman. It's clear to anyone with a modicum of intelligence that R165 - R167 was not defending that woman. He based his two comments on the information that was available to him and thought Ben had made an error. It was all very simple until you decided to create a scenario of homophobia on the part of the guy who posted at 165 - 167. It's the nastiness and lies of you and your ilk that create an atmosphere that actually invites gay homophobia, when it's you who bashes other gays with your lies, twisted scenarios, and nasty accusations.
You are determined to twist those posts into someone's defense of homophobia. It's a blatant lie on your part and is clear to anyone following this thread. Your gay bashing places you right in the same level with the woman who tweeted Ben.
Again, where is your proof that 165 - 167 is a "frau." There is no indication of that. It's simply a display of your misogyny that goes along with your bashing of gay men who don't go along with your plans for AC threads. Show us your evidence that 165 - 167 is female.
- R203, anyone with a modicum of intelligence can plainly see that you won't let this go, so once again, let me break it down for you. Mind you, I'm not R196, but since you're replying to him to go after me, I guess I have to speak for myself. Here's what R165/R167 posted:
[quote][R164] Guess Ben can't read too well? Where does the tweet refer to ASC as "gay hell"? Whoever is tweeting for ASC either can't read or is overly sensitive when it comes to criticism. Not the best way to win customers when you own a business.
Sounds to me like R165/r167 immediately jumped on the opportunity to attack Ben, questioning his reading ability and his business sense, without even having all the evidence in her hands (yes, I still think she's a woman, you're going to have to let that go too, dear).
Now here's a question for you, why are you spending so much time and energy trying to get the last word on this? Why are you so invested in this again?
- R203 is unreal. What a nasty and exhausting piece of work!
- Fuck off r203 we know its you silly Frau.
- Ben is trash and the longer he hangs out with trash, the more trashy Anderson becomes. He is now totally enmeshed at that tavern world, which is the worst.
- Now here's a question for you, R204, why are you spending so much time and energy trying to convince people that R165 - R167 was defending some woman's homophobic tweet when it's cear to all that it's a lie. Do you think people looking at this thread can't comprehend the truth and will buy into your fiction?
Another question for you, 204 why are you spending so much time and energy trying to convince people that R165 - R167 is a female? Where is your proof? Why do you keep ignoring this question: Where is your proof?
- This thread has become boring.
- R207 makes it boring.
It would be nice if there was actual gossip instead of constant accusations and arguments.
- Yes, people like R207 and r208 always ruin those threads.
- Anderson's always following random guys on Twitter, he follows them for a while and then unfollows. This guy is some kind of gay military dude.
- Anderson liked one of the pics that Ben posted on ASC's Instagram. He seems proud of his bf's new success.
- Are Ben and AC on grindr or scruff?
- ASC's Instagram is pretty cool. There are a lot of amazing pics on it.
- I doubt it R214.
Anderson may be working on a story about gay soldiers. One of the random Twitter guys is a gay soldier and AC's also following a NYT writer who's written about them.
The ASC couches have a lot of likes, more than some of the people pics.
- these threads freak me out- you queens get so worked up over the thoughts and actions of someone you will NEVER know, and couldn't possibly have any inkling of what or what doesn't drive them in their personal lives.
- [quote]Imagine a gay Bruce Wayne’s home gym, which isn’t far from the truth: the design is highly evocative of the 1906-era home gym in the quasi-Victorian West Village firehouse-turned-townhouse Mr. Maisani shares with his boyfriend, Anderson Cooper, the 46-year-old television personality. “Except we don’t have ‘Pumping Iron’ running on our televisions all the time,” joked Mr. Cooper.
AC can talk like this now that he's out, he wasn't even doing it a year ago, but he's happy and proud and very much in love with Ben and his bars.
- I think that's the first time that Anderson is quoted for an article about Ben and his bars, and also the first time he talks about the firehouse as being not just his place but the home he shares with his partner. Things sure have changed from the time AC would never discuss his dating status and living situation. He wasn't talking much about his relationship with Ben last year when he came out but now he's free and willing to do it. This is quite a change from what those of us who have followed him for years are used to. He can relax and be who he is, with who he loves.
- Being out gives him this freedom, but it did take him a year after coming out to mention Ben. The floodgates are open in a way, but he's still mostly private. I don't expect him to tell all.
- ASC sounds really interesting and it looks like a lot more has gone into its decor than most gay bars. Ben has a pretty sophisticated aesthetic, as can evidenced on his Instagram.
The article also shows a photo of AC and Ben together without anyone else in the pic. I'm sure r103, who was so concerned about the fact that in the other pics that have been published so far, AC and Ben were shown with a third person (Whoopi or Andy Cohen), is going to be immensely relieved now.
By the way, Andy Towle was at the opening, I wonder if he's going to talk about this on Towleroad.
- AC acknowledged Ben as his partner at GLAAD, then he mentioned on 360 that he wasn't sure if he wanted "his partner" to be exposed to the media and now he's talking about the home they share. Things really have changed. I wonder if he would've done the same with his other bf's had he come out publicly years ago or is it just Ben who gets the special treatment. We'll never know. He did thank Cesar in the book before he even came out though.
- Ok, maybe this needs a separate thread, but my question is about the business itself. Will it survive?
It is obviously going for a more "adult", establishmen clientele. Sort of a new Splash for those of us who actually visited Splash before it was SBNY.
It has been a very long time since such a club even opened.
What do you think?
- R223, given both Ben and Josh Wood's track records, I would say their new business venture has every chance to survive, even to thrive. Ben is now on his third bar after two highly successful ones, and Josh has produced some very popular gay parties, as well as major events (like the AmFAR galas), so if anyone can succeed at this, it's those guys. The space looks cool and very unique, the bar is getting a ton of press, and the location in the heart of Hell's Kitchen is perfect, so everything points to ASC becoming quite successful.
- R223 I think the bar will do well. The Location is good and since there's been a lack of a bar that is aimed at a more adult crowd they've carved their niche. I've been once so far and it's an okay place. I'd go again.
- R225, when did you go? Did you see Ben there?
- You bitches are jealous 'cause you don't shine in society the way Anderson and Ben do.
- R226 Ben was there. I suppose in the first few weeks he'll be there a lot just to make sure that their new bar is running smoothly.
- Ben's bars always do well and now that he has more muscle behind them and bigger connections, ASC cannot fail.
- I'm sure ASC will do really well, those guys know what they're doing. Josh has a huge promotional machine behind him that will serve them well. I think it was a great move for Ben to get him on board: this is the first time that Josh is actually involved in a bar, but he has a lot of experience in gay nightlife as a promoter of very popular parties in various bars and clubs in the city. His mailing list alone is priceless, so there's no doubt that ASC will get a lot of visitors.
- Are those fellas still spit roasting Kelly's husband Mark all the time? Someone should record that shit.
- It'll be packed the first few weeks and then die down fast, just like every other gay bar in HK. There are too many bars in the neighborhood and not enough people to support so many. Just look at XL. That place was packed when it first opened and, even though it's one of the few places where people can dance, it's a ghost town now.
- Or maybe ASC will take all the gay bar business in the area.
- Gay guys are gross
- [quote]It'll be packed the first few weeks and then die down fast, just like every other gay bar in HK. There are too many bars in the neighborhood and not enough people to support so many.
The difference may be Josh. They were smart to make sure he's a part of this venture. His promotional experience could result in a steady business that doesn't drop off. At the same time, Ben is becoming a well-known "name" in the gay bar business so that's a plus.
- Dey EEEAT da POO POO
- I went there twice this past week, and I really liked it both times. The first time was Saturday, the place was packed with hotties (a really good-looking crowd, even for HK), the music wasn't your typical gay dreg and was a lot of fun, and the staff was uber hot. I came back yesterday during happy hour, it was more chill, still fun but in a different way, more subdued. ASC is exactly the kind of gay bar that HK was missing, it has an edge and a vibe that's found nowhere else in that part of town.
I think this place will do well, much better than XL because it has a more central location (51st and 9th Avenue is really in the thick of Gayville, NYC as opposed to Siberia where XL is located), and because the space doesn't need a huge crowd to make it feel warm and welcoming (unlike XL which is cavernous and has as much personality as an airport terminal).
Thomas Robert was there yesterday, chatting with Ben in a corner. I didn't realize how tall Robert was!
- Honestly, the to-the-manor-born, award-winning journalist and the opportunist, slutty saloon-keep from the wrong side of the tracks! Sounds like the premise of a bad sitcom.
- Is the 'saloon loon' officially a troll now?
- R237, thanks for giving us your impressions of ASC, sounds like a very cool place. I have been hearing that they don't play a lot of top 40 stuff there.
- Is ASC a good spot for an older gentlemen to interact with some trade? Are there go-go boys there?
- [quote]Hot spot: The Atlas Social Club officially opens September 20 and has been described by the owners as 'a cross between a gay speakeasy and a vintage gym'
- Just the name "Atlas Social Club" sounds like a '70s bath-house. You won't catch me in there. No thanks...
- AC said "We" the ultra private AC is no more. For years I studied him how as famous as he was that he would comment on his private life, dating situation or rumors he was gay. Now to commenting, to mentioning his partner and that he shares his huge 4.3 million dollar home and other homes with him. One bad thing I see from this his work. His reporting is not like how it used to be. He went from traveling traveling the world and finding these great stories and keeping people honest, risking his life and limb to a ultra comfortable news anchor who just reads teleprompters and has cynical guest to spew whatever nonsense. Those who wished he opened up got their wish, sadly other's like myself lost a good reporter in the process.
- Can't blame him if he has something more to live for than work R244. He doesn't want to risk his life now that he's got someone who loves him and wants him to stay alive and well. Priorities change. I liked when he used to go all over the world and report too but I can understand why he may have wanted to slow down on that a bit.
- I finally tried to read an AC thread. I lasted 60 posts.
- [quote] the place was packed with hotties (a really good-looking crowd, even for HK)
So how is it that Ben and AC manage to resist the eye candy at this place? They must have a really strong bond.
I didn't know Thomas Roberts was friendly with AC and Ben, surprised to hear he was at ASC.
- That's ok R243, I doubt anyone at ASC would want to see you there either, you sound really bitter.
- [quote]51st and 9th Avenue is really in the thick of Gayville
That is the epicenter of the male whores who inhabit HK. ASC needs to be careful it doesn't end up as a hustler bar. Although NYC NEEDS a hustler bar (ever since Stellas closed down), it wouldn't be good for AC and Ben to be associated with it.
- Sounds like you're more likely to be judged on your intellect here more than your looks.
- ASC is off to a great start, and it sounds like a very fun and unique place, quite different from all the other gay bars in HK. Ben strikes me as someone with a very distinct, personal approach to the way he designs his bars. They all have a very strong sense of thematic integrity and character.
- [quote]AC said "We" the ultra private AC is no more.
Yes, it's a first for Anderson to say "we" in an interview while discussing his living situation. He really has changed quite a lot and opened up about his private life since meeting Ben. I think it all speaks to him being in a happy place at this point in his life.
- A.S.C. doesn't seem to be very diverse, it looks like there's just a bunch of white hipsters there but I guess that's exactly the kind of bar they intended to create for themselves and their friends.
- I've heard nothing but bad things about it. I will most definitely not be going there.
- Lance Bass, Kyan Douglas, AC and Andy Cohen are at ASC tonight.
- Ben and Josh Wood in a short YouTube clip talking about ASC.
- Cute clip. Ben is very sexy.
Last night sounded fun at ASC, a lot of people tweeted about it. Anderson and Andy Cohen were there again, and Lance Bass came too. I think it's going to be a smashing success.
- Lance Bass would show up at a Taco Bell opening.
- Ben is hot, smart and creative and has a nice accent. AC was very lucky to find him.
- R253, there are very few Blacks in HK, so naturally it would be mostly white. AC and Ben are very open minded about race. Especially Ben.
- I see plenty of black people on ASC Instagram, both patrons and in the pics they use to decorate the bar, so R253 is really projecting here.
- This might end up being the hottest gay bar in NYC with Josh Wood behind it.
- Between Ben's track record and star power, and Josh's promotional machine behind it, ASC is definitely the hottest gay bar in the city right now. That's a very successful formula right there.
- AC was in Ohio today after partying at ASC last night. I wonder what this El Ring thing is that ASC is hosting tonight.
- Anyone here been to Bedlam lately? Was just curious how it's doing. Haven't heard anything about it lately and Ben seems to have quit promoting it on Twitter except for the occasional re-tweet. It seemed to get a lot of publicity and people tweeting about it the first year, but not so much any more. Just curious if anyone had any firsthand knowledge.
- R260 sounds like he's an insider.
Bedlam seems to be well established and probably doesn't need a lot of promo anymore.
Can you post a link to Ben's twitter account?
- R267 Ben seems to be the one that tweets on the Bedlam Twitter account and posts to the Bedlam Instagram account.
- Some guy tweeted and said he tried to take Anderson's pic at ASC tonight but he ducked out of the way and said he didn't want to be on the guys FB. No ones going to get any pics of him there unless they can do it sneakily.
- Hmmm... wonder why AC wouldn't want to be photographed at his trick's club? Makes you wonder about a lot of things.
- R269 That's interesting. There are photos of Anderson in Cleveland, OH tonight as the keynote speaker at an event.
- Trick? Just stop it.
- He probably did the Ohio thing and flew right back to NYC.
- AC and Ben have a lot of eye candy to check out at A.S.C.
- I guess they couldn't keep out all of the women.
- No real scandal or gossip has ever come out on AC from his ex's or hook-ups or whatever, maybe he's got some really frightening lawyers - so it's interesting that the kiss pics of Ben were ever released - it had to be someone he knew that did it and AC and his lawyers and people were blindsided, never saw it coming.
- There's a big pic of Anderson and Ben in the current issue of Next Magazine, taken at Atlas Social Club. This should please the poster who was concerned about the fact that some early pics of the opening didn't show them together unless there was a 3rd person. Between the Wall Street Journal last Friday and Next, we now have two different pics of AC and Ben together with no one else, identifying them as a couple. I'm so relieved this can finally be put to rest!
- Is that an online mag? Someone needs to link it.
- R278, Next Magazine is NYC's main gay nightlife rag. The link below takes you to this week's issue, where you can click to turn the pages. The pic of AC and Ben is on the 4th page.
- Cute pic R279, they look so happy and content. Ben is more publicly touchy-feely than AC though.
- Wow r279 you have to admit that is a shocking picture of Anderson and his interracial gay lover!
- A photo of Anderson and Ben posing together at the opening of his new gay bar, identifying them as a couple by both the mainstream press (in that Wall Street Journal article last week) and the gay press, this would have been unthinkable only a few years ago. Ben really is the game changer.
- AC said he was always out to his friends and family and had partners and never dated women prior to coming out publicly, but apparently none of those partners ever affected him enough to make him make the big move of coming out. Ben is the only one who managed it. Game changer.
- I went to ASC with a group of friends, we had a great time, totally fun place! There's no other gay bar like this in HK, the decor has a lot of character and lived-in touches, it's very cool. I loved the music the DJ played (whoever that was), it was a good mix of familiar stuff with more obscure tracks. The staff is super hot, I think they have the most attractive bartenders in the neighborhood. I'll definitely come again.
Bonus point for not being invaded by too many straight women, which is getting rare in HK. No offense ladies, but sometimes a gay bar is more fun with boys only.
- AC, Ben and Mark Consuelos were at the Madonna Secret Project revolution.
[quote]Stefan Mreczko @stefanmreczko 3h Anderson Cooper's bf Ben Maizani and Mark Consuelos just went in. #SecrectProjectRevolution #Madonna
[quote]Stefan Mreczko @stefanmreczko 2h Anderson Cooper just arrived. #SecrectProjectRevolution #nyc
[quote]Bonus point for not being invaded by too many straight women, which is getting rare in HK.
I think that's the main reason they wanted to create this type of bar, to prevent straight girls from invading it. I've heard Bedlam attracts a lot of straights/straight women.
- AC and Madonna. Need some AC/Ben pics from this.
- I guess AC was stuck for a minute.
[quote]Stefan Mreczko @stefanmreczko 3h They're not letting Anderson in. He's being made to wait outside. Madonna is in control! #SecrectProjectRevolution
- Bonus point for not being invaded by too many straight women... R284 That's what I like about it. So far there're not many straight women in there and the ones I've seen don't act like they're at a zoo or bachelorette party. With all the publicity it's getting, that might change though. I already had female workmates asking me, what it's like and if there're any cute bartenders.
- Thank you for your report R284, ASC sounds like a great place.
[quote]No offense ladies, but sometimes a gay bar is more fun with boys only.
Preach! Gay bars are for gay men. Straight women can to any other type of bars they want, why do they feel the need to invade our space?
- In other news, AC and Ben's crazy stalker was just found to be...crazy by the court.
[quote] After, Lori Hausner, 62, said her son was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 12 but is not violent and believes he was commissioned to protect the popular CNN anchor. The problems have manifested into a fixation on the journalist, who Alex Hausner believes has talked to him through TV. "He's got these psychiatric problems. He believes people are telling him to protect Anderson because people are after Anderson," she said of her son’s obsession.
Doesn't that Hausner nut sounds just like some of the deranged posters around here?
- So what's this EL RING and why doesn't this Marco person ever include Ben in his tweets and Instagram photos about Atlas Social Club? He lists the other three partners and it's not like it's a secret Ben is a partner. Does Ben work at Bedlam on those nights so he's not at ALS or what?
- R286: there you go, Anderson, Ben and Mark at the Madonna event.
- How does Ben get biceps like that? Genetics or steroids? Either way, I want to furiously lick them.
- And a link to a bigger version of that sweet pic of Anderson and Ben at the bar opening.
- Nice pic of Ac and Ben. Ac doesnt seem to care for PDA, neither do I. I guess when you were learned to be so discreet in your life about being gay it's second nature to not show PDA. I'm out to family and friends like AC has been since high school and I still will never show PDA with a date. Still got to be protective, lot of nutjobs out here who want to kill gays
- I'm a body language expert. In all of Anderson's photos with Ben he is pulling away or seems oddly positioned. That is a sign that Anderson is more than likely subconsciously frightened or repulsed by this man. These are indicators of a relationship on shaky ground.
- That's fascinating, R196. Where did you get your degree in body language expertology?
- R296 What? Are you smoking?
- R296 did you not see pic from R286? AC and ben standing straight right next to each other, smiling.
- R295 There are pics and a video of Anderson and Ben showing PDA. I guess Anderson only does that when he is in a private situation, not for the cameras.
R296 Anderson is a WASP in official situations but in private, not so much. Video of Anderson and Ben showing PDA:
At a Madonna concert I
Ben bodyguarding Anderson's butt, hurr-hurr (since a crazy person here claimed he was just Anderson's bodyguard).
- Even in that photo R303, it appears that Anderson is trying to "get away". Anderson is clearly not all in regarding this relationship. There is a fear and/or mistrust in the way he stands.
- And a Kelly/Anderson/Ben sandwich. Anderson clearly has a hand on Ben's leg.
- R304 LOL Please watch the video. And remember you are talking about a guy who would rather die than dance in public because he is so uptight.
Interpretations like that are ridiculous. Reminds me of all the bullshit people have speculated about Victoria Beckham never smiling when photographed at events/by paparazzi. She explained why that is the case but needless to say self-appointed bodylanguage "experts" made up all sorts of interpretations depending on what they wanted to believe or see.
- Ben and Anderson are clearly in love. Anderson is not pulling away from Ben in those pics. They obviously have an "arrangement," but that doesn't make their love any less legitimate.
- R306, In the 90s I saw Anderson Cooper many times dancing the night away in NYC's Roxy.
A bar opened, a rather nice bar- I checked it out with a friend last Friday night. It belongs to AC's boyfriend.
Bars in NYC have often had celebrity owners and/or connections- for obvious reasons- restautrants too.
The bitchiness of this long thread kind of baffles me.
- R308 Good to hear and confirms my impression of him being very reserved and uptight about what he shows of himself in official situations/the media and much more relaxed in private situations.
- Reminds me, I remember that one article about the bar opening said that Ben and Anderson were seen, what was it, cuddling or something? And that they had actually kissed at some event some time ago. Can't remember which one it was. There is probably some kind of unwritten law that as an event photographer or guest you don't publish pictures of guests showing PDA as long as they didn't do it for the cameras.
- R306, the body language in that video in addition to the photographs of Ben, shows a man looking for his break. His mind is constantly working, looking for new angles and opportunities. His manner suggests someone who is going through the motions and not completely invested in any one thing, because he wants to do it all. It is clear that he is probably the more passive partner in the relationship.
- I'm happy for them, but what poor Gloria must think. Her son and a saloon-keep!
- R311 *facepalm* Sounds like cold reading bullshit combined with what we already know about Anderson by looking at his career and reading and listening what he says about himself. Duh.
R312 We are glad you have realised a bit of variety in life can be refreshing and fully welcome your change from calling Ben a rentboy and trashy barkeeper to calling him a saloon-keep.
- Regardless of PDA or weird comments about AC "pulling away" or allege "arrangment. AC and Ben ae together, live together, AC has said so. So with all of the wacky beliefs going around is just really nonsense. I think so people on here are just deranged social outcast in their own lives. Sad.
- Aaaaand we have a new troll - the Anderson "body language" troll! Welcome!
- R315 Haha, maybe it is just one of the regular trolls with a different scheme?
- Point taken, R316.
- No evil plot or anything r316. I've been reading body language for about 6 years now. It is clear that Anderson is unsettled and fearful of either the relationship or Ben. I would doubt that it is Ben, but it obvious that this is the last stop on the train for Mr. Cooper. As for Ben, he has a drive. A clear determination, but he's not content either. Two personalities, not content is not good.
- R318 LOL What a load of crap. Good to know that you have been arrogantly projecting your belief or wish about the character or relationship of other people onto them for six years now.
- I thought this was a forum to share gossip and opinions. Looks like that ship has sailed when it comes to these AC threads. Anyone voicing a different opinion or gossip that doesn't fit with a certain agenda pushed by some on here is attacked and labeled a frau or a troll. No wonder anyone with first hand knowledge has vanished long ago.
- Anderson's a reserved person, he's said it himself and you can't expect that he's going to be feeling up Ben in public. Ben's more open about being affectionate, but it's not AC's style. They were "canoodling" at the ASC opening, but he's reserved, very much in love with Ben, but very much reserved publicly.
AC and Ben are wearing the same suit at the Madonna thing, but in a slightly different shade.
I wonder if Consuelos has any straight male friends?
- I like AC and Ben gossip R320, but no one has posted anything that has a ring of truth to it yet. There USED to be gossip like that on DL years ago but nothing recently. I think the people who know something about them don't talk here but not because no one believes what they say. Why should that matter anyhow? If you know something, just say it like they did in the old days. No one cared if people argued and didn't believe them, they just told what they knew and that was that.
- R322 In the old days people didn't used to get attacked and called fraus and trolls for voicing a different opinion or a piece of gossip that didn't fit a certain agenda. All the fighting turns people off.
Someone posted about attending Ben's birthday party as a plus one and when they posted that it was obvious to them that although AC and Ben were a couple that Anderson was getting sex somewhere else they were attacked. No more posts. Just one example of what the AC threads have turned into and it's sad.
- Well I hope it's not just one person we have to rely on for inside gossip if it's REALLY inside gossip R320 since you are so thin-skinned. This is DL, you have to be able to deal with what comes at you.
I remember that plus one post, it was interesting but I wasn't sure what to make of it. It could've been the guy's interpretation of what he was seeing was off, he may have been right that something was going on, but I wasn't really clear if he was or wasn't. I'm open to possibilities but it does seem that AC and Ben have a strong commitment - maybe there's some arrangement that's a part of that too but I tend to believe it's not. I wouldn't mind being persuaded otherwise. I love dish!
- R324 Who said it was only one person? Your calling me "thin skinned" has proven my point. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion you resort to name calling.
Sorry I checked in today. It's still the same old garbage since the QT boards closed down and all those crazed "fans" basically took over DL.
If you all need to live in an Anderson and Ben make-believe world to get your through your day, have at it.
- I didn't SAY it was only one person R325, I said I HOPED it wasn't just you since you are very touchy.
I'll say it again. I like gossip and I wish people would just say what they have to say without worrying about what others are going to say about it.
- R323 The plus one person did just post pure speculation and that was it. There is never anyone who really saw anything or knows something concrete so no reason to complain when this kind of gossip isn't taken seriously. Gossip can also based on actual events and evidence but when it comes to Anderson and Ben there rarely seems anything to it.
- It's also funny how with every new pic that shows the two being affectionate someone comes up with a more desperate attempt to trash talk them. I swear if we got a picture of Anderson and Ben kissing someone would claim it was a sign of Anderson being terrified and only let Ben kiss him because he was paralized by fear or some crap like that.
- [quote] if we got a picture of Anderson and Ben kissing
If only that would happen. They'll never be caught at it.
- [quote]I've been reading body language for about 6 years now. It is clear that Anderson is unsettled and fearful of either the relationship or Ben.
I'm still laughing about that one! I wonder what that means r318, do you believe the reason why AC has been in a relationship with Ben all these years and has acknowledged him publicly as his bf is because he's "unsettled" and "fearful"?
Seriously though, the body language troll is just the latest attempt by the same ol' folks who are constantly trying trying to find fault any time a new pic or sighting of AC and Ben together surfaces. Funny how r323/r325 who appears to be so sensitive about other posters' agenda doesn't seem to mind such obvious "contributions".
- This recent pic of Anderson and Ben together at an event should reassure the body language "expert" (with her 6 dedicated years of avid practice!) that Anderson isn't as "fearful" as she believes. No doubt she'll feel a lot better now!
- Speaking of body language, in some of those old Eastern Bloc photos, Ben looks a little too chummy with the staff, and frankly not at a level that I'm comfortable with. Mind you, I don't begrudge Ben his flirtations, but those pictures telegraph more than just an employer/employee relatioship. I know one of the former bartenders there. He's Israeli, gay, and hot, and is an ex-go-go boy. Essentially a whore. Ben would have to have had am amazing amount of restraint to resist his overtures.
- R332, remind me why you are so concerned about what might have gone on at Eastern Bloc several years ago?
- Lots of hot guys at ASC too but AC and Ben are going strong.
- Ben is around beautiful customers at ASC and beautiful porn stars/escorts at Davy Barton. No way he's not getting some tail on the side.
- R335, why are you so concerned about whether or not a hot gay guy like Ben living in NYC is sleeping with other hot gay guys again? I'm still unclear why you're so determined to speculate about this.
- Really R335, that's your opinion, not fact. How do you know the value he places on his relationship with AC or the respect they have for each other? And don't come at me with those kiss pics because that's a load of crap. What we know is that AC and Ben are together and clearly in love.
- It never fails: every single time a new pic of AC and Ben shows up, the freaks are out in full force making all sorts of unwarranted speculations and assumptions. They really can't stand that those two are still together after all these years, so their only way to get back at them is to post their bullshit. It's always the same routine.
- R331, why would you link to that picture? Anderson looks annoyed and over Ben. Ben of course looks smarmy.
- Projecting much, r339? Anderson certainly doesn't look annoyed nor does Ben look smarmy in that pic. But of course, you cannot help but post a negative comment when faced with a pic of those two together, can you?
- Yeah so "over" that they're still together now!
- It's really entertaining to see how much any new evidence that AC and Ben are still together is pissing off some people around here.
- AC and Ben must've seen this bad Yelp review that I was reading a couple of days ago of ASC because he mentioned how his partner owned bars in NYC and that those kinds of reviews can destroy a small business, but ASC seems to be doing fine so far.
- That negative review is suspicious because it's the only review that the person who wrote it posted. which on Yelp is often a sign that something is fishy. Compare it to the other (positive) review which was posted by someone who has written 180 of them.
- Yep R344 and I think that's why AC brought it up on his show. Even the comments here about ASC have been mostly positive and DL's not shy about going after AC/Ben.
Strange moment on AC360 Later when AC said he was 46 and never had a prostate exam and Dr. Drew said sort of sarcastically "I think you've had one". I think AC was slightly pissed off about that because it was sort of a gay sex joke by Dr. Drew and AC told him that he thinks he'd know if he ever had a prostate exam. Anyway, he'd better get himself checked out.
- R345 I can't believe Dr. Drew said that! LOL Nice one. Anyway, yes, he better get himself checked out because if there is something wrong with the prostate and you just ignore it it can easily be too late when the symptomes are more noticable. My father nearly killed himself with this kind of ignorance.
- Anyone else think that AC and Dr. Drew make a really cute couple? They look almost like bookends, and they're both educated and articulate. I'm sure that would make Gloria happy. I know AC is fond of Ben, but I can't help but fear that he's throwing his life away for bulging biceps and a big dick. I worry for him.
- [quote]Anyone else think that AC and Dr. Drew make a really cute couple?
No. Dr Drew is smarmy and an attention whore. Besides, he's straight, so I don't see your point.
[quote]I know AC is fond of Ben, but I can't help but fear that he's throwing his life away for bulging biceps and a big dick.
By all accounts, there's a lot more to Ben than bulging biceps and a big dick. He's a successful bar owner, is very creative, and quite smart.
[quote]I worry for him.
Why are you so worried about the personal life of someone you'll never meet? Anderson has been with Ben for over 5 years, during which time he has finally come out of the closet and has for the first time acknowledged having a partner, so all indications are that he's at a very happy time in his personal life. Why are you worried then?
- R348 Not to mention that AC has cut back on his suicidal war and desaster correspondent assignments in the last couple of years. Maybe having a relationship that really matters to him help him realise that him risking his life actually affects his loved ones.
So if R347 is really worried about AC he/she should thank Ben for minimizing AC's self-destructive tendencies. Now Ben just needs to drag him to a doc to get his prostrate checked (professionally, hurr hurr) and R347 can sleep well at night.
- Get your head out of the clouds R348. Ben has no substance whatsoever. He's a nobody, trying to be a somebody on someone else's dime. He's an incubus.
- R350 Getting desperate again? Jealousy and bitterness are such ugly emotions. Here, have that cute pic of Anderson and Ben at the bar opening again to warm your frozen heart...
- This should bring r351 down to earth. The way they are clasping hands tells it all.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fJAYOeKgiWc/UCkn19sqSoI/AAAAAAAATg8/R6w3yD249CM/s640/anderson cooper boyfriend cheating2.jpg
- The photo at R351 is another example of Anderson pulling away from this man, either through some subconscious fear or unexpressed loathing. The half smile betrays a since of discomfort when around this man. Again this all on a deeply subconscious level for Mr. Cooper. The photograph of Mr. Maisani also reveals a man who is working the room and looking for his next opportunity. He is a man unsettled. A man not ready to commit to anything permanent. His left being opened wider than his right eye, reveals a hint of untrustworthyness. The way his hand rests on Mr. Cooper's back also revels someone who is trying to, again subconsciously, push this man away.
Nothing to do with body language, but guys never allow yourself to be photographed with a beer or any alcoholic drink for that matter. It sends a message, and not a positive one.
- R350/r352, it's obviously killing her that Anderson and Ben are still together after all these years.
[quote]Ben has no substance whatsoever. He's a nobody, trying to be a somebody on someone else's dime. He's an incubus.
An incubus???? Are you Amish, r350? Time to take your meds, sweetie.
- The Body Language troll is my favorite of the AC/Ben troll! Please keep posting your hilarious nonsense R353, but keep in mind that all this projecting of yours won't change the simple fact that Anderson and Ben are still together after more than 5 years, despite all your predictions of doom and gloom, lol!
- Why would AC stay with Ben all these years, thank him in a public speech, and bringing him up on his show like he did last night on 360 Later when he mentioned that his bf owns bars, if he was as unhappy as the Body Language troll claims?
- It's obvious to me, r356. AC is recently out of the closet after spending years hiding. That would play a number of anyone's self-esteem, not to mention emotional growth. Those feelings of self-loathing and being emotionally stunted never quite go away. So of course he wants to put his hot, sexy, musclebound bf on display to prove to the world, and himself, that he can get a good-looking bf. This feeds his self-image issues and the lack of emotional growth (i.e., caring only about shallow things like looks and not what a person is like inside, which is what really counts). Now that he's growing emotionally, I think he's beginning to realize that the muscles and beer-can cock aren't enough to satisfy him. He needs something deeper. You can tell by the pics that he is starting to pull away from Ben. Body language doesn't lie.
- The photo at R352 is fascinating. It is the first time in a photograph that I've seen Mr. Maisani look at peace and comfortable in his own skin. The interlocking of hands signals that he wants to commit to this man and give him everything. That he wants to interlock his life with this gentleman. It is clear that there is great love between these two men. May I assume that this is an old photograph of an ex boyfriend/partner/lover? You can tell from Mr. Maisani's head tilt that he is deeply, passionately in love with this young man. From either one, it is very clear that this was a meaningful, powerful moment. Can someone post other photos of these two gentlemen. I would love to understand why they broke up, when it is clear that they are so in sync.
- R353 R357 R358 LOL Best comedy and most original Andeson/Ben troll in a long time.
In case you are being serious, please get help.
- R359, I was about to post the same thing. Masterful!
- I miss AC going all over the world, he's not that interesting in the studio. He seems to have been a typical evening news sit down, read teleprompter news reader now. He stopped even doing "Keeping them honest" Not liking this new format of AC360. Ac has seem to lost the fire to cover really hard and new stories. I guess now just look forward to seeing new pics of AC and Ben, I miss seeing them riding bikes in tight tees. A
- I think he's interesting on AC360 Later but I do miss him traveling. He's not going to take too many risks now though.
The Body Language troll is cracking me up, it's so completely illogical and hysterical.
- Ben is in love with Kelly Ripa:
[quote]Atlas Social Club @atlassocialclub 2h
“@KellyRipa: I finally figured out how to change my profile pic. Taken at @atlassocialclub” Love this amazing, sexy, smart lady so much!!!
- Ben likes Kelli because she's rich. If she was a Gristedes cashier, he wouldn't give her the time of day. Clearly this is a pattern with him. Some people notice pretty eyes when they first meet someone. Others may notice full lips. Ben notices diversified portfolios. Wake up, Anderson.
- R364 LOL So desperate.
- r357 Anderson was not in the closet. He has been out to friends, family, and co-workers since his adulthood. He just didn't speak about his sexuality to strangers/the public.
- I guess AC didn't do his shows live because Cher was at ASC and no 46 year old gay man is going to miss that.
- Uma Thurman was there too. I guess ASC will be a star-studded place.
- Both Cher AND Uma Thurman at ASC on the same night? That bar has had more celebrities in a week than most bars in their entire run. ASC is like the hottest ticket in town right now.
- They have the connections to keep the stars coming too.
- [quote]Atlas Social Club @atlassocialclub 1h
“@PageSixEmily: @cher smoulders at Atlas Social Club with Ben Maisani Best night at ASC so far, love u @cher!!!
I hope he means this was the best night aside from the friends and family soft opening because won't his friends and family be hurt that they were upstaged by Cher?
- You guys are so mean. Don't torture the Ben haters with this. They so want to believe that ASC will tank, just like they wanted to believe that about his other two successful bars.
- Lol r372, you know it's killing them that ASC is such a huge success right out of the gate. With visits from Cher, Whoopi Goldberg, Uma Thurman, Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, Andy Cohen, Lance Bass, Ellen Barkin, Alan Cummings, and of course Anderson, ASC has hosted more famous people in its first week than any other gay bar in history.
- Yes, I'm so angry. I long for the day when I can interact with z-listers the likes of Ripa/Consuelos, Cohen and Barkin at yet another gay saloon that eroticizes the male form that is owned by yet another roided-out whore. What a cliche! Yes, I'm livid. Absolutely livid. The only person I feel bad for in this mess is AC. To be reduced to this because of massive pecs and a fat dick.
- Thank you r374. Oooo sooooo many -Z list stars. Whoopi is the only one on that list with any cred. And besides who wants to go to a club populated with a bunch of 50 and 60 year olds.
- Cher and Uma were brought to the bar by Josh Wood. Cher's record launch party last night was one of his events and Uma Thurman attended and he took them to ASC afterward. Just like he did with people from the BrazilFoundation event last week. He's posted pictures for both events and then the after event at ACS on his Instagram page. It's Josh with the connection to the celebrities through his event planning business. Not like these people just happened to go to ASC.
What I find interesting is that one of the other partners was in the b/w professional photo with Ben and Cher, it is posted on their Twitter feed, but Ben cut the other partner out of the photo when he posted it to Instagram. That seems a strange way to treat your partners.
I hope the new bar is successful, but it seems like Ben has abandon promoting Bedlam on social media. Wonder how it's doing and how long it will stay open with all the focus on the new bar?
- R374 You must wear tons of make-up to cover up that bright green skin tone of yours, honey. :D Jealousy, bitterness and irrational hatred has a tendency to turn people ugly...
- R376 Josh said that Billy cut him out of their pic with Cher. Seems to be a typical effect she has on her male fangirls. LOL
The bitter Ben haters here must be in hell right now.
- [quote]The bitter Ben haters here must be in hell right now.
You know they are! They're probably busy writing another fake negative review of his new bar on Yelp to make themselves feel better right now...
[quote]I hope the new bar is successful
No need to "hope" R376, ASC is already successful, just like the other bars that Ben owns. But given that you were siding with the stupid twat who sent an anti-gay tweet about ASC up thread, it doesn't sound like you're really hoping for that bar to be all that successful. Your faux concern for how Bedlam is doing these days is just as transparent, dear.
- R379 Wow, you must have a crystal ball, one good month does not a successful business make. If so then what are so many bars/clubs/businesses in NYC closing?
There was no anti-gay tweet up thread. Apparently the anti-gay comment was made by the person on their Instagram account and later deleted it. That comment was never posted up thread, but discovered by another poster. I was simply replying to the tweet that was posted up thread. No anti-gay here. I've volunteered hours to lobby for gay marriage, have you? You sure assume a lot and you know what they say about people that "ass"ume things....
- No crystal ball is needed to figure out that r380 isn't exactly rooting for ASC (or any of Ben's bars) to be successful! Poor thing, it must suck to be so invested in this.
- [quote]Anyone voicing a different opinion or gossip that doesn't fit with a certain agenda pushed by some on here is attacked and labeled a frau or a troll.
Or a "hater." You're right on the mark with your observations R320. Just like the AC stalker, Hausner, who was arrested, they think they're here to "protect" Anderson Cooper. It's very easy to see in any thread that mentions him.
- R382 Yeah, only that Hausner harbors an irrational hatred for Ben, just like certain trolls here and alternates between love and hatred bordering on dangerous aggression for Anderson. Which is easy to see in any thread that mentions him.
I wonder if the poor guy still got internet access.
- Thank you R383.
- [quote]Doesn't that Hausner nut sounds just like some of the deranged posters around here?
You're right R290. You can see the ones described by R320 as wanting to push their agenda and keeping everything else out of here. They actually demand to know why others are posting in this thread. They think it's their duty, like Hausner, to protect Anderson Cooper.
Look at R333 saying "remind me why you are so concerned about what might have gone on at Eastern Bloc several years ago?" R333's agenda seems to think gossip must be confined to a specific time and date in this thread.
R336 demands to know "why are you so concerned about whether or not a hot gay guy like Ben living in NYC is sleeping with other hot gay guys again? I'm still unclear why you're so determined to speculate about this." Is R336 unclear about this thread being in a gossip forum? Maybe talk about Ben and other hot guys does not go with the agenda R336 is pushing like some demented control freak.
R348 demands to know "Why are you so worried about the personal life of someone you'll never meet?" It's a sure bet that R348 has plans to meet up with AC and Ben to let them know about all the awful people they'll "never meet" because he's protecting them.
Then there's R354's claim of "it's obviously killing her..." Typical of R320's description of the control freaks in AC threads who push a female label on anyone who doesn't follow their agenda.
R290 is completely right about "deranged posters around here."
By the way, R290 is also Thread Monitor R333, R336, and R354.
- Why so angry R385? Are you such a control freak that you can't stand other posters expressing a different opinion from yours? You sound really worked up over this.
- Not one bit angry, R386. It was fun to agree with R290 about "deranged posters" and then illustrate a few "deranged posters" and control freaks trying to keep everything in line with their agenda. Obviously you are more than worked up over my fun, as illustrated by your silly accusation of being angry.
Oops! I see why you're so tremendously upset. You are R290, the self-appointed Thread Monitor. One thing for certain, you really take your work seriously. Have you provided AC and Ben with an update today?
- I still don't understand why R387 is so invested in all this. She's extremely sensitive to what other posters who don't share her peculiar views about AC and Ben have to say on the topic, and has a strange paranoid fixation about what she perceives as other people's agenda. Very curious psychological profile. I have a feeling a therapist would have a field day with her.
- Was AC too hungover partying with Ben and Cher last night to work tonight?
- I think it's interesting that R387 is so touchy about the label "deranged posters". I have a feeling that she has been called deranged more than a few times in her life, hence her overblown reaction. Welcome to the Internet darling! If you sound like a crazy person ranting on an anonymous board, chances are that other people will call you deranged. If you don't like it, then how about not talking like an angry nut for a change?
And R388 is right, she does sound paranoid. Poor Anderson, why does he attract so many mentally unstable people?
- OMG! R388 is falling apart at the seams. This is too delicious!!! Losing all self-control, there was no way the control freak couldn't fire off a "She" and "her" accusation. What's next? Will it be a Ben-hater accusation? Or Anderson-hater? Too funny! It's always a delight whan an AC Thread Monitor gets pissed at people who won't stick to the agenda. They don't want people to mess with their investment.
- Define agenda, r391.
- I just want to shake Anderson and make him realize what he's gotten himself into, but he needs to figure it out for himself. It may not be tomorrow, next week, or even next month, but he is going to have a "dear god in heaven, what have I done?" moment and realize that this Ben person and his corrupting party lifestyle are not for him. I just hope it won't be too late, and that he hasn't been so sucked into it by the time he has this revelation. His missing broadcasts is quite troubling, if you ask me, and a sign that he may be too far down the road and unable to extract himself from this debauched lifestyle. It may be premature right now, but if this goes on he may need some sort of intervention down the line.
- I think R393 is a parody post. At least, that's what I hope.
- [quote]I still don't understand why R387 is so invested in all this.
Hitting troll-dar on R388 reveals who is "invested in all this."
- Stop yer sobbing R393. AC is happy and fine. All due to Ben.
- I love pearl-clutchers like R393 who are so outraged at the sight of their precious AC being "corrupted" by evil Ben. Nothing is more entertaining than hearing them getting so worked up over Anderson and Ben's relationship!
- I haven't looked at that pic of Ben and his park squeeze in a while... damn, that dude is rather gorgeous.
- That guy looked like a drunk bum R398. Ben made the right choice when he dumped him. He has the best now.
- Still waiting for R391 to explain what exactly is this mysterious agenda she keeps talking about. I'm very interested in conspiracy theories!
- Fact: Anderson is has a lot of money tied up in Eastern Bloc and Atlas.
Fact: Both clubs cater to an older clientele and aren't really considered hot and happened by anyone under the age of 40.
Fact: Ben sponges off of Anderson and uses his name and money for these "ventures".
Fact: Ben and Anderson have an open relationship. Anderson has a couple of boy toys. Ben is a well known slut.
- It looks like R391 has cleaned up her cookies so as to elude troll-dar, so I doubt you'll get your answer, R400.
Here are some more facts for you r401:
Fact: you hate that Anderson is involved with Ben.
Fact: you don't know squat about what's considered hot and "happened" (oh my sides!) by "anyone under 40" in NYC.
Fact: you keep making shit up about AC and Ben.
Fact: you're not convincing anyone with your so-called "facts".
- Poor R401. I guess writing in proper English can be so challenging for some people.
- I love going to places that are "hot and happened"!!!
- Don't be mean, guys. I'm sure r401 has been to a lot of places that are "happened"!
- I wonder if the mysterious agenda that R391 is so paranoid about is considered "hot and happened" too?
- So while Ben is in NYC (we know from last night's pictures of him with Cher), who's Anderson vacationing/partying with in Las Vegas? You know he's not alone....
- [quote]Still waiting for R391 to explain
Beg, Hall Monitor! Get down on your knees and beg! You can do it! You really are fun, HM. Issue some more demands. Make some more accusations. Light up the thread!
- If AC was really in Vegas yes he could've been alone and if he wasn't, it doesn't automatically mean he's cheating on Ben.
- Two guys who don't like ASC. Well you can't please 'em all.
- Coop plugged Ben's new bar openly on his CNN show the other night.
- That's fantastic publicity, R411. Not many new bars get a mention on national TV.
- R385 always gets really defensive and close to another melt down when his/her similarities to Hausner are mentioned.
Anyway, always entertaining to watch the Ben haters in anguish.
- R413 clearly failed 4th grade reading comprehension since the post at R385 has no defense of anything. Instead it demonstrates that R290's history in this thread paints him as a Hausner-style stan.
It's funny that R413 finds the post at R385 to be "really defensive" since it's pointing out the various stans similar to R377 who slams people with silly accusations like "jealousy, bitterness and irrational hatred." Did R413 read those irrational accusations?
R378 can't hold back from the Ben hater accusation and R383 tosses out troll accusations. (Does 383 ever check his mirror?) Did R413 note the Hausner-like accusations at 378 and 383?
No doubt R413 is certain he's doing an excellent job in protecting Anderson from "irrational hatred." The only thing preventing him from being a Hausner twin is that he has a different view of Ben.
It's going to be fun to watch his head explode when someone explains to him (reading comprehension problems) that he's also the AC stan at R377, R378 and R383. Can he resist a reply with a "she" or other frau reference as explained by R320?
- The "Ben haters". Oh dear. The Cooper fraus are really nuts, aren't they? Michael Jackson had less looney fans!
- This thread (or what it's devolved into) is why I'm not coming out.
- Why are you displaying all that anger, Colton? You must be a Ben hater.
- Can you cheat on your mistress? An open relationship based on the need to remain free of physical and emotional commitment means Anderson is not really "cheating."
The Benderson stalkers appear to have more fun by insulting long-time DLers and yelling out for "facts" and "proof" on a gossip site rather than actually discussing any news or stories Anderson works on. Another reason for Anderson to mock his fans.
Of course, they're not really fans, just obsessives who don't want their fantasies of Anderson befriending them shattered. It's all about protecting as R414 said.
I would imagine Vegas could be like Indy when AC was the Grand Marshall of the Indy 500 and checked into a hotel suite with a thirty something man who was not Ben.
It was all business, I'm sure.
- Anger? I just don't want my DL threads to devolve into two camps sniping at each other.
- I should never have read the new posts here before going to bed last night. When I found out that AC was all by himself in Vegas, a shiver went up and down my spine. I had this image of AC, all alone in his hotel suite, on the phone with Ben saying good night and telling him how much he loves him and how proud he is of him, with Ben on the other end trying to rush off AC off the phone as some PnP whore lubes up in the background.
I was tossing and turning all night, unable to get that image out of my head. Worst night's sleep in a month. Now, mind you, Ben could've gone home from ASC alone last night, and he probably did, but the fact that our thinking defaults to Ben taking home another guy the very moment AC leaves town speaks volumes about the type of person we know Ben to be, based on his history. And if WE are thinking that, I'm assuming that Anderson is as well. He really has a dilemma over this. His attraction to Ben's physical attributes is now overriding his distrust of Ben. But I have no doubt that that distrust is simmering, and like most repressed feelings, will certainly bubble over eventually, leading to a dramatic confrontation between the two. I'm literally filled with anxiety over this approaching day.
- [quote] I should never have read the new posts here before going to bed last night. When I found out that AC was all by himself in Vegas, a shiver went up and down my spine. I had this image of AC, all alone in his hotel suite, on the phone with Ben saying good night and telling him how much he loves him and how proud he is of him, with Ben on the other end trying to rush off AC off the phone as some PnP whore lubes up in the background.
I think we both know what AC needs: YOU! Run to him! Run to the firehouse!
- R413 Melting down and freaking out again, eh? Always getting so angry so quickly and feeling addressed.
R420 LOL Brilliant comedy. :D
- I assume R420 is a parody post, but on these AC threads, one can never be too sure. However, I hit troll-dar to double check, and R420's history shows that this isn't meant to be a joke.
[quote]I was tossing and turning all night, unable to get that image out of my head. Worst night's sleep in a month.
If the thought of AC and Ben's relationship is really affecting you that much r420, it's time to see a shrink, stat.
- Get yo' life r420
- [quote] Ben on the other end trying to rush off AC off the phone as some PnP whore lubes up in the background.
Your image is partially correct. Ben doesn't pay for whores, however, he gets it free from his bar patrons. Especially a certain dark-haired compact built guy with a slight accent and round bubble butt (yes, I know who you are).
- And we all know who you are, r425!
- Be careful R425. R426 is ready to explode with accusations aimed at you and he'll refer to you as "she."
As someone posted a few weeks ago: [bold]Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she.[/bold]
- R427, can you explain to us what your paranoid obsession with a nefarious agenda on these threads is all about? TIA!
- [quote]can you explain to us what your paranoid obsession with a nefarious agenda on these threads is all about?
Keep begging, R428. It's always fun to see you down on your knees.
What you probably can't comprehend --- at R385 I ridiculed your Thread Monitor attempts at demanding that people explain why they would post things that don't fit your views on AC threads. R333 and R336 are examples of your obsession with controlling this thread.
It would take a modicum of intelligence to realize that anyone who is familiar with your trolling isn't going to reply to any request from a control freak. But please don't stop begging. Intelligent fans of Anderson and Ben like to watch one of the bizarro Thread Monitors beg.
- R429 It's always you freaking out, melting down and obsessively rumbling throw threads to find various posts and then write angry rants where you include your comment collection. You are so invested in this and always feel addressed when someone compared you to Hausner style stalkers. Why?
- It's very difficult, almost impossible, for crazy people to explain the persecution complex that they feel deeply, r428.
R427/429 is most likely completely unable to explain what she means by agenda, yet the strong sense of paranoid persecution around her feels very real to her, so she keeps referring to it over and over in rather vague terms. She feels very strongly that she's dealing with people who are out to trick her, who are covertly trying to pull the proverbial wool over her eyes, and her paranoia leads her to believe that there's a concerted effort by those she calls "AC stans" to gang up on her.
- Lol, I'm not begging you R429, I'm making fun of your crazy accusations of agenda, but you're too unhinged to see the difference.
- Talk about ME, you obsessive bitches!
- Yes, R431, that persecution complex is really difficult to deal with. Imagine being called "she" by a Thread Monitor. I'm crying as I type. And the horror of being attacked as a "Ben hater." Too horrible to imagine.
- Lol, you're right R434! Poor r427 can't deal with being treated so badly by those evil AC "stans" ganging up on her with their corrupting agenda.
- [quote] I'm crying as I type. And the horror of being attacked as a "Ben hater." Too horrible to imagine.
Given how much you whine about being called a "she" and a "Ben hater", it does sound like you're crying as you type, r429/r434. What's the matter sweetie, your paranoid persecution complex is making too hard for you to breath? Blame it on the "stans" and their agenda!
- [quote]Given how much you whine about being called a "she" and a "Ben hater",
Once again, you do not have the mental capacity to comprehend R436. It all goes back to you. Being called "she" and a "Ben hater" is amusing and funny considering the source.
Every time you attempt to bash others who post here, it doesn't look bad for them. It's a reflection of YOU. It's you who has been described as a source of the nasty attacks and the frau/troll/hater labels. Pointing out your attacks upon others is part of the discussion. While you attempt to claim I'm upset over being called those names, the fact is that you can't even comprehend that nobody (not me, not R320) is complaining about being called any names. We're complaining about the name caller - the deranged Hausner-twin who is bashing people who would like to post about Anderson Cooper --- YOU!.
As R320 explained clearly: [bold]"Anyone voicing a different opinion or gossip that doesn't fit with a certain agenda pushed by some on here is attacked and labeled a frau or a troll."[/bold]
Now, it's time for you and your ilk to pretend, you don't understand that "agenda" once again.
- R437 Anger management treatment, sweetie. Anger managment. And Hausner hates Ben and love-hates Anderson. Doesn't sound like R436 to me. Reminds me of certain trolls here, though.
- R436 sounds exactly like a crazy stalker. Becoming unreasonably angry because someone disagrees with your fantasy of a celebrity is mental illness.
As much as much as you try to control the Anderson Cooper threads (and run off DLers who have aren't crazy),it is easy to see that you are a step away from trying to control Anderson yourself.
It bears repeating: Anderson will never befriend you. He needs a restraining order against you.
- [quote]And Hausner hates Ben and love-hates Anderson. Doesn't sound like R436 to me.
R436 as a Hausner-twin has been covered, R438. Please, try to keep up. No doubt your temper keeps you from comprehending what's been said. Try some deep-breathing before you continue.
No need for you to add to 436's drama or the poor thing will go knocking on the door at the firehouse to hand in the written report on the protection provided to Ben and AC.
- R440 - right on target!
- R440, Hausner hates Ben and love-hates Anderson. R236 shows no sign of that, unlike certain trolls here. You freaking out and feeling addressed all the time no doubt keeps you from comprehending that.
Like I said, anger managment, honey. And R439 could need some as well. :)
- R441 LOLOLOLOL You agreed with a comment you made yourself! Forgot to delete your cookies, eh?
- (R440)- right on target!
- Heh! That should have been R339 is right on target but I certainly agree (since I posted it) that my post at 440 is on target, too. As R339 pointed out to R436 "it is easy to see that you are a step away from trying to control Anderson yourself." He sums it up wonderfully when he tells the Hausner twin that Anderson needs a restraining order against the stalker at R436.
And once again, R442, since you were unable to comprehend previously, this thread covered the Hausner twin comment. Apparently your limited command of English makes it difficult for you to understand: [italic]No doubt R413 is certain he's doing an excellent job in protecting Anderson from "irrational hatred." The only thing preventing him from being a Hausner twin is that he has a different view of Ben.[/italic] Since it's such a slight difference -- both irrational stalkers, both think they're providing protection to a celeb who doesn't give a damn about them, both maniacal fans, - they're twins!!!!
- OMG, r443 is right, R440/r441/r445 was trying to pretend to be someone and was caught red-handed agreeing with herself!!! In her defense, I guess it's hard to keep track of the last time those cookies were deleted while posting non-stop in order to have the last word in every single argument, lol!
- R446, Nothing says "I'm old and bitter" better than referring to a gay man as she. Thanks for continuing to describe what you see in your mirror.
- You sound like a broken record, R447, you said this 36 times already. I wonder why you haven't already posted another comment agreeing with yourself again. What's the matter, you can't figure out how to delete your cookies this time?
- Obviously, you're the cookie expert. Can't imagine why that would be.
- What a cutting retort, r449. Or as you would say, pretending to be another poster (which you wrote not just once but twice!):
[quote]([R449])- right on target!
- It's tight in there.
- I went just to see what all the fuss was about. The crowd is way too old. We were there 15 minutes and then left.
- [quote]([R452])- right on target!
- I think they want an older, smarter crowd there and not your typical gay bar crowd.
- That tweet makes it sound like ASC gets really packed. Not a bad thing for a bar...
- Having Cher turn up makes people notice.
- OMG, R453 is too funny!
Poor R440/r441/r444/r449, how embarrassing for her to be caught agreeing with herself and tripping all over her "right on target" posts! Seriously, who does that?
- Me and my friends went to ASC tonight. Not impressed, so we hopped a cab down to G, which is more are upscale style.
- Yeah, none of Ben's bars are any good. EB had this funk smell to it. ASC is another non entity. I'd rather party in Brooklyn.
- Is AC still in Vegas? Ugh, I just hope Ben has the common decency not to fuck his tricks in the bed he shares with AC.
- According to my sources, they have separate bedrooms R460.
- Let me fix this for you r460:
According to my imaginary sources,...
- The posters saying they've been to ASC and hated it are lying.
- [quote]The posters saying they've been to ASC and hated it are lying.
Yes, it's rather obvious. Almost as obvious as our "Right on target" friend!
- [quote]Yeah, none of Ben's bars are any good
Yes and this is why they're all out of business right now.
- R465 Lets face it, the more successful Ben gets, the more often he gets to hang out with Madonna, Cher and the like, the more desperate, angry and bitter certain trolls become. To the point where they can't even keep track of deleting their cookies and accidentally agreeing with one of their own comments. What a desperate and embarrassing meltdown on the last couple of pages.
- What kind of person deletes their cookies to pretend to be a different poster agreeing with themselves? Why would anyone do something that pathetic? For R449 to resort to such tricks just to get a point across shows how desperate some people are around here.
- [quote]For [R449] to resort to such tricks just to get a point across shows how desperate some people are around here.
Yep, the whole thing is pretty pathetic and demonstrate the length they'll go to in order to win the argument. Talk about being way too invested!
Or as R449 would say:
[quote]([R467])- right on target!
- Guess who's working at ASC. The guy in the photos with Ben in the park. Yep. Shady.
- ([R469])- right on target!
- OMG r469. Oh no he didn't!
- [quote]Guess who's working at ASC. The guy in the photos with Ben in the park. Yep. Shady.
Guess who's posting this fake rumor? Is the "Right on Target!!!" faker desperately trying to play tricks on us again? Epic fail, lol
- The "Right on target!" is the new AC thread meme, lol!
- I know R473!
- Notice how the "Right on target!" faker has suddenly gone into hiding after being exposed. She's truly pathetic.
- Anyone go to ASC last night? Was Ben on the prowl, since AC is still in Vegas?
- [quote]Anyone go to ASC last night? Was Ben on the prowl, since AC is still in Vegas?
He was all over that porn star, that's fucking Marc Jacobs - Harry something or other. It was really a sad display. Ben was at their table. Probably went home with them. Anderson can't turn his back for five seconds.
- Some really enthusiastic liars on DL.
- Yep, r478. And they sure love to delete their cookies, don't they?
Just like "Right on target!" herself!
- R479 LOL He/she will never live that one down.
- You're right R480, "Right on target!" will always be remembered for resorting to pathetic tricks in order to back up her crazy comments by pretending to be different posters agreeing with herself. How desperate is that?!
- R470 was me. I started to quote R441 then I got called away from the computer and didn't finish my post. If you will check trolldar,(another one of your obsessions) you'll see that I'm telling the truth.
R445/R441 explained to you that he got the reply number wrong and that's why it seemed as though he was agreeing with himself. I don't know why you can't accept something so simple.
And why are you calling me a "she"? Is that supposed to be an insult? Does Anderson know how much you hate women? I wonder if he and Ben would approve?
I don't know anyone who deletes cookies to change internet identities except you with your predictable writing style and hysterical tone. I think you are projecting more than you can comprehend.
There are apparently quite a few here who disagree with you. You are an obvious troll--making it bad for the rest of us who want to discuss AC. Eventually the Anderson Cooper threads will be shut down because of you.
- Blah blah blah, R482. You're protesting this way too much, Mr Right on Target! It's pretty sad that you are pretending to be different posters to push your opinions around here, and downright embarrassing that you got caught agreeing with yourself. What kind of person is so invested in scoring points on an anonymous board to resort to playing such silly games? And all this for what exactly?
- R482, R470 wasn't you, unless you deleted your cookies. Which you seem to do all the time.
And sure, R441 just got the numbers wrong. Because the number 440 and 439 are so easy to confuse. Also, funny how R441, in best cookie deleting fashion, doesn't show up on trolldar the days before he/she made a whole bunch of posts, including his/her embarrassing cock up. It's as if he/she deleted the cookies afterwards, just like you, and now you defend him/her and feel the need to explain to us what happened. Hmmmmmm...
- Yep R484, R482 is pretty obvious.
Or should I say:
[quote]R484- right on target!
- [quote]I don't know anyone who deletes cookies to change internet identities except you with your predictable writing style and hysterical tone
Please R482. You spend all your time doing just that.
- [quote][R470] was me. I started to quote [[R441]] then I got called away from the computer and didn't finish my post. If you will check trolldar,(another one of your obsessions) you'll see that I'm telling the truth.
Actually R482, you didn't write R470 as you claim, because I did (hit troll-dar if you don't believe me), so here you go again tripping all over your lies, lol! "Right on target!" indeed, lol!
- I don't know how to delete cookies. I don't need to. I have no reason to pretend to be someone else.
"What kind of person is so invested in scoring points on an anonymous message board to resort to playing such silly games?"
No one but you. There are no other trolls in this thread.
Your quest to lie in ambush and attack everyone who disagrees with you is disturbing.
I'm sure Anderson is secure and mature enough to take any internet criticisms with a grain of salt. Why do you feel the need to safeguard your assumptions about him?
I doubt the man cares what any of us say. Do you think he would be impressed with you?
I would guess an intelligent man like AC would agree you're mentally ill.
- OMG R487, you're right! Once again, R482/r488 got caught lying again, ha ha ha!
By the way, people who complain about troll-dar are the ones hiding something. There's a reason why that option is available on DL.
- You sure are protesting A LOT, R488.
- Can we have a thread about AC that doesn't mention "deleting cookies" please! It's getting old.
- Threads about AC make me toss my cookies.
- These kinds of discussions are annoying, but I do love AC/Ben gossip. There just isn't any to be had.
- I think you should twitter Anderson or Ben and invite them to look at this thread, R489 and R490.
Your responses (and lack of them) will be something for them to giggle about.
- Speaking of things that are getting old, I wish some people would stop playing games and pretending to be more than one person agreeing with themselves, r491.
- [quote]I think you should twitter Anderson or Ben and invite them to look at this thread, [R489] and [R490].
Only a crazy person would think of doing such a thing, r494. I don't use Twitter to try to get attention from Anderson or Ben. Sounds more like your kind of thing.
- No, I don't follow either one of them or any of their friends. I'm sure he has plenty of nice followers, but I'm not one of them.
- [quote]I'm sure he has plenty of nice followers, but I'm not one of them.
r497-right on target!
- R498 is too funny!
Poor R497 will never outlive that blunder, lol!
- Busted, link to the photo of Ben with Marc Jacobs and his porn star boyfriend. Watch the Benderson's explode!! Haha!
- Link's not working R500, better fix it before webby shuts this thread down.
- Gotta try better than that R500, your link doesn't work, lol!
- [quote]Busted, link
That's about the size of it.
- R500, right on target!
- AC is in Kentucky giving a speech and he said it again:
[quote]Being gay is the biggest single blessing in my life.
[quote]From the time I was a teenager I was proud to be gay I NEVER WANT TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION IM HIDING SOMETHING -AC
Ben hasn't been posting much on ASC. I wonder if they're on vacation after this Kentucky thing.
- Apparently he/they were in Brazil over the weekend. Either they're planning a wedding there or buying a home. He goes there too often for it to just be a mere visit.
[quote]But I will say that he flew to Brazil this weekend and planned to come straight here but instead stopped home in New York to watch Breaking Bad because he would afraid someone would spoil it.
- I remember reading that AC and Ben are buying property in Brazil. Maybe they went there this past weekend for that purpose.
- Anderson saying he's been proud to be gay since he was a teenager is going to make some heads explode around here. Get ready for a meltdown, lol!
- I tried to repost the picture, but it has been scrubbed from the internet. Hmmmm... Interesting. Obviously the cover up continues to keep Ben's cheating under wraps.
- Oh that's convienient R509!
- Yes R509, Ben is so crafty that he has mastered the art of making that picture DISAPPEAR from the Internet! Imagine that! He's truly worse than the Antichrist. Is there any limit to his evil powers? I wonder what he'll do next, shut down the New York Stock Exchange?
- Haha I love R511!
- *****BREAKING******................ DIVORCE ! ! !
- Do we know how many of these tawdry little saloons Ben plans littering the city with? It must be so tough for AC to face Gloria these days. He is devoted to her and is a slave to her approval. I personally know that she wanted so much more for him than this. A common gin jockey!
- But Anderson left town Thursday evening - he taped both of his shows for CNN Thursday afternoon. There's photos of Ben at Atlas Social Club on Thursday night with Cher. If Anderson went to Brazil, Ben wasn't with...
Where's the link to the comment he was in Brazil? There was a Twitter sighting of him in Las Vegas Thursday night.
- Maybe they've already bought the place in Brazil and have just been going there to fix it up, decorate it.
- Was Anderson on TV tonight?
- No he was speaking at a university in Kentucky.
- While AC is in Kentucky....
- While AC is in Kentucky.....
- Poor R520 is really upset that Anderson is still with Ben after all this time, lol!
- Wow, I did need to bathe my eyes in lysol for a week, to rid them of the sleeze they've seen in those pics at R519 and r520. How embarrassing, but what else can you expect from a Dalton grad.
- You do realize that Ben might be with AC in Kentucky.
Posting ancient pics of Ben and other guys is meaningless.
- R523 Ben may be in Kentucky with AC, but wherever AC was this weekend, Ben wasn't with him. Ben was at ASC and he posted the proof of that himself.
- [quote] Ben was at ASC and he posted the proof of that himself.
And you know this how exactly?
- Look at ASC's Instagram page - there are photos of him with Cher there on Thursday night, when Anderson has left town. Then he posted other photos to the page from locations around NYC all weekend.
- There aren't any photos from locations around NYC all weekend, where did you get this notion r526?
- He could've posted those pics from anywhere R526. They're just some of the pics hanging on the wall at ASC.
- AC is suddenly following someone on Twitter named "A", who has protected tweets. It looks like some kind of boy band on this A guys Twitter page but I don't recognize them. Maybe a Vegas act? Anyway, I find who AC suddenly follows very interesting.
- "A"'s profile pic is actually a shot of Times Square with a giant promo pic of AC's "Anderson" show in the background. Oooh, a mystery!
- R527 and R528 - the photos aren't of locations around NYC but were posted from locations around NYC - Ben's old apartment, DB Gym, the firehouse, Bedlam, etc. If you click on the "somewhere" a little map comes up and you can see where the photo is posted from...
The attached article says he said he was in Sao Paulo looking into a story he's interested in. Doesn't say anything about buying a house. Perhaps it's a 60 Minutes story or perhaps the reason he gave is a cover for why he was there.
- Interesting how r526 conveniently changes her story when it suits her. Earlier in this thread, she posted this:
[quote][R130] How do you know "Ben" re-tweeted that? Ben is one of four partners so there's no way to know which is doing the tweeting or posting photos to their Instagram page. Could be any one of them or all of them.
And now here she is swearing that Ben "posted other photos from locations around NYC". So which is it r526? Sounds to me like you choose to believe that Ben does the Instagram for ASC when it suits you, and not based on anything else. I fail to see your point though: even if Ben has been posting on Instagram all weekend, it doesn't mean that he was necessarily in town then. You see, the beauty of Instagram and other modern social media tools is that they can be done on the go anywhere in the world where's an Internet connection. It's almost magical, isn't it?
- After several jumped on me stating it was definitely Ben that was posting to the ASC Instagram page, I started following the location the photos were posted from. And I came to the conclusion that you were probably right since many were posted from the Firehouse and one from Ben's apartment. Now you are the one twisting things around when what you said before doesn't fit your agenda.
Oh, I understand the magical Internet connection, but I also understand the feature on Instagram that shows where photos are posted from; something that seems foreign to you.
As Anderson would say, facts matter.
- Well he sure isn't going to tell them that he's looking for a house in Brazil or decorating one he just bought. I hope if he is doing a story there, he'll talk about how the black Brazilians are starting their own civil rights movement against the minority community that is rife with racism.
Ben's still got his old apartment on W. 13th? I'm sure there are many, many wonderful memories there of him and AC when they first fell in love!
- R509 Haha, how convenient for you, you lying piece of crap.
The trolls are becoming more desperate by the day and "right on target" is not literally tripping about his/her lies left and right.
- Got pretty quiet around here. People trying to wrap their heads around the fact that AC went to Brazil without Ben?
- AC went to Cannes without Ben earlier this year too and they were soon reunited and together as usual.
- Which of Ben's bars is the best? I want to visit one on my trip. What neighborhoods are they in?
- Welp, another bad Yelp review for ASC:
[quote]Let's see....boring jaded guys staring at their phones- check. Indifferent bartenders- check. Monotonous music- check. Overpriced drinks- check. This latest, greatest HK hangout maintains the gay New York nightlife status quo, unfortunately.
This could be another phony review, but who knows. It's probably doing pretty good overall.
R538, maybe you'd better try Bedlam or EB!
- R536 Yes, very difficult to wrap our heads around Ben leaving his newly opened bar alone and going with Anderson on a trip where he apparently did research for a story.
R539 My impression so far is that the guys that don't like it (or pretend to not like it) are butthurt because it targeting mature guys who can pay for an expensive drink and rather would like to chat than dance and shout all the time. Looks like it is quite the hit with that crowd.
- You know who got pretty quiet around here, r536? Our friend "Right on target!" after being caught lying one time too many, lol! Funny how this happens all the time: a troll is caught playing stupid games, and then suddenly disappear, only to be quickly replaced by another troll playing similar games, etc... Try to wrap your head around that r536.
- Exactly, r541. I find it interesting that R536 is pretty quiet about the pathetic tricks of "Right on Target!", yet complains about imaginary agendas around here. Why would anyone pretend to be several posters agreeing with themselves (which is exactly what the Right on Target troll was shown to be doing) if it wasn't to push a certain agenda, r536? Isn't that exactly what you've been complaining about on this thread? Then why are you suddenly so quiet when someone is exposed for doing just that? Enquiring minds want to know.
- I was at ASC last night, and I saw Ben flirting with a guy who kind of resembles the guy he was caught kissing in the park. It wasn't the same guy, but it telegraphs to me that Ben has a certain type that really gets him going. AC does not fit that type, which makes me wonder what exactly Ben sees in AC.
- R543, don't you get tired of posting these same fake sightings over and over? How many "I went to ASC and witnessed Ben doing this and that with such and such guy" BS posts are we going to get on this thread?
[quote]Why would anyone pretend to be several posters agreeing with themselves (which is exactly what the Right on Target troll was shown to be doing) if it wasn't to push a certain agenda, [R536]? Isn't that exactly what you've been complaining about on this thread? Then why are you suddenly so quiet when someone is exposed for doing just that?
Of course R536 has no problem with Right on Target's antics because they happen to share the same agenda.
- [quote] which makes me wonder what exactly Ben sees in AC.
R543 is always saying the same thing. What Ben sees in AC. You are right R544. This is how you know her little excursions to ASC are all in her head.
- Geez, I hope none of AC and and Ben's true friends or family come into any AC thread. I come here ac threads to loom at new pics of AC and Ben and skim through a bunch of distrubed and creepy, deranged individuals. You guys are seriously deranged and many need to be locked up along with AC's stalker, whatever his name is! Super creepy, back and forth about if Ac is alone, or what Beb is doing while AC goes to speaking engagements... AC and Ben are together, live together Ac has admitted it alright? You guys are nuts. Ac has been "out" since high school, to his friends and family and coworkers! That is the definiton of being "out" Please many of you seek professional help for your serious mental illnesses.
- No birthday party for Kelly Ripa? Ben loves her as much or more than AC.
- Well what if he IS going to Brazil so often to see his side piece?
- Neil Patrick Harris was at Ben's new bar last night:
[quote]@AndrewWerner: Nice seeing you at @AtlasSocialClub, @actuallynph! #NYCnights #nyc #NeilPatrickHarris #AndrewWerner…
- ASC is becoming THE spot in NYC for celebrity-watching.
- R549 Niiiiice! Do you hear that funny sounds in the backgroud? It's the Ben-hater troll(s) crying in a corner.
- Ben with one of his buddies at ASC. Ben has huge arms.
- Any celebrity sightings over the weekend, or has the fad passed? Was AC back from reporting duties to keep an eye on Miss Kitty and her trashy muscles? Who's running Bedlam and EB these days?
- How many porn stars have been there?
Has DVF's husband visited?
- Josh Wood can bring in celebrities when they need them. I didn't hear of any celebs at ASC this weekend.
- [quote]“Bottoms up!” is definitely the rallying cry at the Atlas Social Club—a new gay bar in Hell’s Kitchen, which these days is equivalent to a new dumpling restaurant in Chinatown. But what makes it different is that Anderson Cooper’s entrepreneurial man, Ben Maisani, is a co-owner, and also that the place is done in a brown décor dotted with pictures of boxers, old physique magazine covers, and hanging gloves. It’s all very macho kitsch—or as another owner told me, “It’s like you’ve been bad and been called into the dean’s office.” Ooh—punish me, Ben. I’m picturing a four-way with you, Anderson, me, and Shirley Jones.
- ASC is nominated for Best New Bar by Paper Magazine for their 2013 Nightlife Awards. Congrats, Ben!
- I wonder if Ben or Pablo still go to Bedlam? The Paper nod obliterates those negative comments on Yelp. AC must be so proud of Ben.
- Ben truly loves AC. But it is one way.
- Oh my, The Paper Magazine. How incredibly impressive. Ben must be thrilled down to every artificially enhanced muscle in his body. What's next? An award from the Pennysaver?
- I saw Copper's boyfriend on a bike the other day... without a helmet. What a moron.
- If R559 is saying AC doesn't love Ben, that does not appear to be the case.
R560 hasn't got a clue. About anything.
- Nothing spells bitter jealousy more clearly than r560's desperate attempts at sarcasm. It must suck to be so invested in the demise of someone as successful as Ben.
- Considering that Ben posts a daily hot beefcake dude photo on the ASC Instagram everyday proves that he and AC still like checking out other guys (real, art, old-time beefcake or whatever).
- This Ben's full name is Antoine Benjamin Maisani. Why doesn't he go by his first name? Something shady is going on with him.
- R565 sounds shady to me.
- Nothing "shady" at all. It's a name. If there was something going on with Ben, don't you think AC, of all people, would've had him checked out and investigated and looked into by now? He TRUSTS him completely.
- Actually, he doesn't go by "Ben" either. That's just what the press uses. He goes by "Benjamin".
- That's what Anderson called him at the GLAAD awards and he introduced him to Madonna that way and also someone here posted a couple of years ago that they saw AC at the gym and he was introducing him as "my boyfriend Benjamin". It's just easier to type Ben here!
- So AC and Ben went out last night with their very best friends Kelly and Mark or at least I think it's them.
- And Anderson's in San Francisco today?
R570 Caption to the picture you posted says Anderson and Kelly Ripa. It looks like Mark next to Kelly and is probably Ben on the other side of Mark. Since Anderson is in a suit coat and carrying a backpack, he may have met up with them after work.
- San Francisco? Huh? I'm dense today.
- R572 see twitter link attached. Some New Yorker is in San Francisco and tweeted she spied Anderson at the Four Seasons there. It's a very nice hotel. I've been there.
- If he is in SF, it's a place he rarely goes but I don't know why that is because it is a beautiful city and lots of gay life there. It's also my hometown, so I'm biased!
- He was definitely in San Francisco for something or other.
- [quote]After several jumped on me stating it was definitely Ben that was posting to the ASC Instagram page, I started following the location the photos were posted from. And I came to the conclusion that you were probably right since many were posted from the Firehouse
Good detective work, r533. After reading your comment, I checked the location where the photos for ASC Instagram were posted from, and it turns out that you're right, the vast majority of them were posted from the firehouse Out of 120 photos, 87 were posted from that location. Incidentally, this confirms what used to be the subject of a big controversy around here, which is that Ben does live there with Anderson.
- Good point, r576. Not only that, but given the many pics he posted from the firehouse, Ben seems to spend a lot of time there (more so than at his bars). So the people who claim to have seen him there flirting with various people are full of shit. He seems to be more of a homebody than a party boy. I bet he and Anderson spend most of their evenings quietly at home.
- A long while back, when there wasn't much info about Ben and the nonsense about him being bad for AC was going around, someone posted that he was actually rather "bookish" and didn't really go out much - I still remember the bookish comment because he does seem that way.
- Yeah, I remember that being said about Ben too R578, and it does sound true. I really don't think Ben is the big alcohol-and-drug-using party boy that the demented AC stalkers around here are trying to portray. His art history background and his rather sophisticated taste in interior design, be it at Bedlam, at ASC, or at the firehouse, suggests someone who's a lot more cerebral than what they claim. The fact that he's been posting so many pics on ASC Instagram from the firehouse shows that he spends most of his evenings quietly at home and belies the party boy rumors.
- Ben a homebody? Cerebral? LMFAO. He needs to get naked to count to 11.
Yes, I stole that line from the GG...totally applicable here.
- No R580, he seems pretty smart and low-key like Anderson - both of them may have a wild side somewhere, but it's probably not anywhere near what people like to say here.
- R580 needs to explain why she has such a low opinion of Ben. It would be interesting to hear her reason for making such baseless claims for a change.
- I also would like to know why R580 holds Ben in such contempt. He hasn't done anything to warrant such a characterization.
- You do realize that when Ben is posting the photos from the firehouse in the evening that Anderson isn't home, he's working at CNN or sometimes out of town....
- And your point is, r584? I don't think anyone expected Ben to post those pics on Instagram from behind AC's desk at CNN. What the location where those photos were posted prove is that Ben lives at the firehouse, and spends most of his evening there. This fact flies directly in the face of those who paint him as a relentless party boy flirting with various people at his bars.
- I was replying to R577 "I bet he and Anderson spend most of their evenings quietly at home."
I've not doubted that Ben lives with Anderson. I don't believe that Ben stays home every night either. ASC is open from 4pm to 4am, 7 days a week. I wouldn't expect him or any of the owners to be there all the time. Most bars get busier later in the evening and I'm guessing that's when he goes in, though I'm sure he has some night's off. There are plenty of pictures of him at the bar, so to pretend like he's a homebody who rarely goes out isn't entirely accurate either.
- R586, most of the pics that Ben posted on ASC Instagram originated from the firehouse (88 photos), whereas only 16 were posted from the bar, so there's ample evidence that he in fact spends a lot more time at home than anywhere else. That makes him a homebody. Coupled with the fact that he's been described as bookish, it seems logical to conclude that the out-of-control party boy persona created by a few dedicated posters on DL is nothing less than pure fiction.
- Can't argue with that R587, most of the pics are posted from the firehouse.
- He may spend a lot of time at the firehouse, but who's to say he's not PnP-ing there? There is a lot of rooms in the house, so he might have a trick or two or three stashed away in a bedroom when these pics are being shot. I think it's propaganda from Ben to make us believe that he and Anderson are a happy monogamous couple. It's in his best interest to do this. Anderson is forced to go along with this charade.
- You. People. Are. INSANE.
- [quote]I think it's propaganda from Ben to make us believe that he and Anderson are a happy monogamous couple. It's in his best interest to do this. Anderson is forced to go along with this charade.
If r589 is being serious with this (and given her other contributions to this thread so far there's no reason to believe otherwise), this is the most compelling evidence that the level of sheer insanity of the Ben haters is unmatched by anything else posted on DL. So now we are to believe that Ben is posting most of the pics on his new bar's Instagram from the firehouse in order to convince us that he and Anderson are a happy couple??? Do you realize how crazy this sounds, R589? Probably not, you're obviosuly way too far gone at this point.
- Wow, R589 has REALLY gone over the edge!
- Yep r591, that's a pretty nutty theory indeed. Don't forget the part where R589 claims that poor Anderson is being forced to go along with this charade!
- AC360 and its pundits are just hammering Obama and the affordable healthcare act and its website. The show sure has changed since primary season last year.
- They were wrong on Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS scandal and they'll be wrong on ACA too R594. They just chase the latest Fox News talking point because they're hoping they can get some of their viewers. They won't.
Looks like Ben posted his latest pic from a non-firehouse locale.
- FYI R595, the last pic that Ben posted actually originated from the firehouse.
- Usually it shows the West 4th Street Courts location on the map and it's somewhat different this time around. I don't know NYC so I couldn't tell.
- That's odd, because it shows the same location on the map as all the other pics posted from the firehouse.
- Kathy Griffin being interviewed by Michael Musto:
[quote]Do you want a threeway with either Anderson and Gloria or Anderson and Ben? Talk about Sophie’s choice! A threeway with Anderson and Gloria, if you mean Vanderbilt, that’s twisted. With Gloria Steinem would be a more cerebral affair. That would be the threeway!
- I never thought I would see the day when Ben's name is casually mentioned as AC's bf in an interview without this being a big deal. I wonder how Cesar feels now that Anderson is finally officially out and has been very open about the fact that he's in a relationship with Ben. It must be a bitter pill to swallow for him was never acknowledged during the entire time he was dating AC. I guess Anderson didn't feel as strongly about him as he does now for Ben.