‘Project Runway: All Stars' season 3 contenders revealed
• Jeffrey Sebelia (Los Angeles, CA) - Season Three, Winner
• Mychael Knight (Atlanta, GA) - Season Three, Fourth Place
• Korto Momolu (Little Rock, AR) - Season Five, Runner-up
• Irina Shabayeva (New York, NY) - Season Six, Winner
• Seth Aaron Henderson (Vancouver, WA) - Season Seven, Winner
• Ari South (Honolulu, HI) - Season Eight, Third Place
• Viktor Luna (New York, NY) - Season Nine, Third Place
• Melissa Fleis (San Francisco, CA) - Season Ten, Third Place
• Christopher Palu (Massapequa, NY) - Season Ten, Fourth Place
• Elena Slivnyak (San Francisco, CA) - Season Ten, Sixth Place
• Daniel Esquivel (Austin, TX) - Season Eleven, Fourth Place
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - "Project Runway All Stars" returns for its third season with several new faces among its judges and mentors, as well as a whole new list of old faces returning to do battle starting October 24 at 9/8c.
Alyssa Milano will host the third year, Lifetime has confirmed. She will be the competition's first host who isn't a model ('80s pinup calendars don't count) after Season 1′s Angela Lindvall and last season's Carolyn Murphy.
Also, Marie Claire senior fashion editor Zanna Roberts Rassi joins as the new mentor. She replaces the magazine's editor-in-chief Joanna Coles, who mentored the contestants for the show's first two seasons.
Designers Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman will return as judges with Abigail Breslin, Gabourey Sidibe, Kristin Chenoweth, Elisabeth Moss, and Michael Urie among Season 3′s guest judges.
Damn, Jeffrey and Seth Aaron have already won. Why were they allowed back to get the prize again?
Even though I will be happy to see Seth Aaron designing again.
I wish Korto would win, she was an incredibly talented designer that hasn't already gotten a Project Runway winner's prize.
Competition looks exceedingly fierce this go-round with three previous winners in the mix. See the full list of returning designers below:
• Jeffrey Sebelia (Los Angeles, CA) - Season Three, Winner - This self-proclaimed "God of Chaos," known for his grunge and punk style, made his mark on Project Runway by surprising the judges during Fashion Week, making him the season three winner. Since his win, Jeffrey has developed a successful high-end kid's line called La Miniatura.
• Mychael Knight (Atlanta, GA) - Season Three, Fourth Place - Season three's fan favorite Mychael has made a big name for himself since his appearance on Project Runway and is hoping to make it to the end this season. His labels include Mychael Knight, Kitty & Dick (female and male lingerie) and MajK (unisex fragrance), and his designs have been worn on the red carpet by celebrities such as Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Rowland and Queen Latifah.
• Korto Momolu (Little Rock, AR) - Season Five, Runner-up - Throughout her season, Korto was known for embracing color, diversity and her African roots into her designs. Since her time on Runway, she continues her success by selling her collections and keeping things eco-friendly with the garment line "Green Love," and has designed for Leila Lopes (Miss Universe 2011), the President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, and for the Walton Family (Wal-Mart).
• Irina Shabayeva (New York, NY) - Season Six, Winner — Being the season six winner and never receiving any low scores by the judges, Irina has what it takes to win again. She started a bridal line after Runway and has designed for many celebrities, including the butterfly dress worn by Selena Gomez for the 2011 People's Choice Awards and the dress for Grammy®-winning singer Carrie Underwood in her album cover Blown Away.
• Seth Aaron Henderson (Vancouver, WA) - Season Seven, Winner — This self-taught designer already proved once to the world he was the best, and knows he is capable of winning again. His designs are inspired by music, specifically New Wave, Punk and ‘80s Goth, and he is committed to a sustainable future, so his designs feature organic fabrics and recyclable plastic bottles. Since winning Project Runway, Seth has done red carpet commentary for E! and served as a part of the fashion judging panel for past Runway seasons.
• Ari South (Honolulu, HI) - Season Eight, Third Place — Wildly successful fashion designer and fan favorite Ari South (formerly Andy South) is ready to reintroduce herself to Runway fans and win the competition. Ari feels that living her life as an openly transgendered person gives her ability to impact not only who she is as a designer but also others. After Runway, her first collection was picked up by Neiman Marcus in Hawaii and has been carried there ever since.
• Viktor Luna (New York, NY) - Season Nine, Third Place — Being a photographer, as well as a designer, Viktor gains inspiration for his fashion from nature's overlooked oddities. His collection is geared towards woman who is empowered, elegant and edgy, and some celebrities who have worn his designs include Ciara, Carly Rae Jepson, Big Boi and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
• Melissa Fleis (San Francisco, CA) - Season Ten, Third Place — From growing up in a tiny town in Michigan to competing on Project Runway, Melissa knows how to make a big impact on the fashion world. She designs for "independent, savvy girls who like to wear black" and is inspired by the Dada and Bauhaus art movements, wanting to give women a feeling of strength and edge. After Runway, Melissa has been creating custom leather jackets and clutches, and one day hopes to create a lifestyle brand that includes interior design and furniture.
• Christopher Palu (Massapequa, NY) - Season Ten, Fourth Place — Although he didn't win his season, Christopher is coming into this All Star season with the most challenge wins among his fellow competitors. He has training from the Fashion Institute of Technology and his speed gives him an advantage when it comes to designing. Christopher is excited for this opportunity, since his last season gave him courage, strength and confidence.
• Elena Slivnyak (San Francisco, CA) - Season Ten, Sixth Place — Futurism and luxury are the key influences for Elena's designs. When it comes to fashion, shoes and accessories are musts and her icon is Lady Gaga. Although Project Runway was one of the most stressful things Elena claims she has done, she is prepared and ready to compete for the win.
• Daniel Esquivel (Austin, TX) - Season Eleven, Fourth Place — Project Runway's most recent alum and best team player, Daniel, is ready to show his more competitive side this time around. His styles root from upbeat happy music and are described as free, modern and sexy. Since Runway, Daniel has returned to designing for elite clientele in Austin.
I loathe Jeffrey Sebelia. I hope he dies in the first episode.
I can't remember Melissa at all, and she was just on a couple seasons ago.
Irina won the weakest season of all - I didn't like her. Or Jeffrey. And Irina vs Elena should be interesting. Oh, I wish Dimitry would come back (with a wooden stake & silver bullet).
Why bring Irina back? Daniel was a bit of a Dynasty designer, but his final collection, which didn't make T3, was one of the best made. Except that it was all black. I just hope he's on some medication that will help him with the drying. Oy!
Kortu for the win? I looked at her website after her first season and she had designed some fantastic jewellery.
It will be fun to see if the Angry Peanut has changed his winning personality like Kate has tried to change her bitch edit this season.
But no Joanna Coles in the workroom? Yhat's a real tragedy. She was outgunning Tim. Maybe she was too good?
[quote]But no Joanna Coles in the workroom? Yhat's a real tragedy. She was outgunning Tim. Maybe she was too good?
She doesn't work for Marie Claire anymore, and yeah, that's too bad for the show.
oh, and for the easily confused, such as myself: "Ari" South is Andy South, the ethnic Thai guy who used a lot of Japanese pattern book designs.
So she used to be a guy who used to be Thai?
Yes, she used to be Andy, a very femme guy who lived with his family on a farm in Hawaii. Tim went to visit him when he was in the top 3.
I'm surprised to see that 3 of them were past winners. I agree with r2, they've already won and shouldn't be back.
I hated Jeffrey then and I'm sure I'll hate him now. He was just so nasty. Speaking of nasty, Elena was too. Imagine if they have to pair up for a challenge? I'd love to see that. lol
I'm glad that Viktor is back. I thought he was robbed of the title his season.
Glad that Korto is back as well. I always liked her designs.
Christopher lives in my hometown so I'm glad he's back as well. I liked him during his season but he actually turned out to be pretty bitchy towards the end. I'll be interesting to see how he act on the All-Stars.
I'm really going to miss Joanna Coles. I wish she'd get her own show.
But Gabby Sidibe as a guest judge? I'm thinking it's a challenge for dressing Big Girls...
Thanks, r12. I saw the name Ari South and I was confused because I didn't remember a former contestant with that name. I had no idea that Andy had become Ari. But I guess it makes sense since I recall that he was very feminine during his season.