Looks Like a Total Lock (On Paper and If She Actually Ends Up In This Category):
1. Meryl Streep (August: Osage County)
Very Good Shots From What We've Seen:
2. Oprah Winfrey (Lee Daniels' The Butler)
3. Lupita Nyong'o (Twelve Years a Slave)
4. Octavia Spencer (Fruitvale Station)
Sight Unseen. They Look Very Strong:
5. Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle)
6. Margo Martindale (August: Osage County)
7. Cameron Diaz (The Counselor)
8. Amy Adams (Her)
9. Naomie Harris (Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom)
We've Seen Them And They Are Great, But Will It Get Too Crowded?
10. June Squibb (Nebraska)
11. Sally Hawkins (Blue Jasmine)
Could Easily Be In The Mix (We Really Know Nothing):
12. Vanessa Redgrave (Foxcatcher)
13. Kristin Scott Thomas (The Invisible Woman)
14. Cate Blanchett (The Monuments Men)
15. Maria Bello (Prisoners)
16. Viola Davis (Prisoners)
17. Jennifer Garner (The Dallas Buyers Club)
18. Laura Linney (The Fifth Estate)
19. Catherine Keener (Captain Phillips)
20. Carey Mulligan (Inside Llewyn Davis)
These bitches are just lucky that I don't have a movie coming out this year.
Before 12 Years showed up @ Toronto Film Festival Oprah was a frontrunner. Not anymore though! I put the girls from 12 Years A Slave ahead of her. Octavia Spencer had a good shot, but again after Toronto I imagine Kidman is in.
Also Lea Seydoux from Blue is The Warmest Color. Ever since Cannes i have peg her to be in the top five for sure.
Alfre Woodard - 12 Years A Slave
Oprah - The Butler
Lupita Nyong'o - Twelve Years A Slave
Nicole Kidman -The Railway Man
Lea Seydoux - Blue Is The Warmest Color
Next in line will be:
Meryl Streep - August: Osage County
Carey Mulligan - Inside llewyn Davis
I see no one else coming close to a nomination, maybe one of the girls from Springbreakers...This is the easiest category to predict.
How strong is the advance buzz for Streep's performance?
The Railway Man was panned. Has not picked up a distributor. No to Nicole.
Streep is back to best actress.
Academy is in love with Jennifer Lawrence.
Oprah will get in for her campy performance in The Butler, but that film is a hot steamy mess.
I'm looking forward to seeing Carey Mulligan in Inside Llewyn Davis the most, so I hope she deserves and then gets a nomination.
If The Bling Ring had been a hit I could see Emma Watson's name being thrown into the ring.
Patty Duke should have had that Meryl Streep role in August County!
I forgot that Snowpiercer does have some buzz behind it. Tilda Swinton
But when are we going to see this film?
I predict her if she's good as the critics say.