- Looking forward to Gisele's return. She always has great snacking ideas.
- Is it 11 teams that they start out with?
- It doesn't say but I'd guess actor, producer, director and voice over artist Rowan Joseph (the chubby guy) might be gay. He compared himself to: "Eric Stonestreet from “Modern Family,” Lou Costello from “Abbott and Costello” and Nathan Lane."
- I'm glad the cast looks pretty diverse this time.
- Amazing Bump.
Will the show be starting on time on the East Coast or are there any sports which may run overtime?
- R1 I adore Gisele and look forward to her return.
OP from the other thread that was an error on my part.
- Running about 17 minutes late. 60 Minutes just started here 6:17 PM in Central Time Zone.
- Introducing the Racers...
- Tom is going to quiz me on tonight's game, so ill have to watch his "bulge" instead of Phil's.
- On time in FL. . .and the "Afghanimals" are easily the most obnoxious, self-satisfied team ever.
- Bumping to ensure this is the official thread.
- Enough with the "I'm doing this to be a role model for my children". Bored already.
Switching over to the game.
- Love how the road block was written as a trick, forcing the partner who was trying to avoid the task to hang glide, leaving the partner who volunteered with, "I'll do it" to essentially go for a nice cab ride. Ha!
- I already hate the obnoxious cousins.
- Hi Gisele. Miss you!
Me, having a turkey sub from Which Wich
- The snow plow king has a great ass
- Where are the ordinary looking women? This is the worst season ever for casting only beautiful women. Where is the outrage? Having one team for eye candy is okay, but all of them makes it hard to relate to any of the teams, except the Oklahomans.
- Hunky football players - I'm in love!
- Oh God.. we have a KC Royals wife. This will not end well.
- Are Chirna and Myrna racing again this season? God, I love those two.
- Team Rural Illness FTW!
Team Aghanimals enthusiasm is infectious.
Glad the drag queens finished top 3. It's satisfying that the doctors had to pay for their carelessness, but why with the exes?
I would love to see team AmerInd get another chance. Their narrative of whether the daughter could wrest herself from her fathers control was the most compelling of the competitors and I really would've liked to have seen the dad in next week's sexploitation challenge.
- There is a lot of eye candy on this season for both the guys and gals.
Rowan is the type of gay I imagine so many DL posters to be haha. Flying Nun references? Check!
No loss about the Indian family coming in last.
- The Afghan cousins are pretty hot, and they remind me of the twinnies from last fall.
- R15 - hugs and smooshy kisses!!!!
Ps - Breaking Bad is good so far, but I hope the cup of tea isn't too obvious.
- Oh my! Greater Tuna flashback.
- Did the Beekman Boys season win the Emmy? I'd hate to think Amazing Race lost because of anti-gay attitudes by the voters.
- This was the least thrillin' premiere in a while. Asking the car for the location of the first destination was a real letdown after the hair-raising pre-airport challenges they've had recently.
- Can we have some non-swishy gays for once?
- The black doctors didn't read their directions card correctly. They are the product of affirmative action in America.
- Well, R30, when the Harvard lawyers didn't read the "take a cab" clue way back when, was that also about affirmative action?
Begone racist asshole.
- [quote]Rowan is the type of gay I imagine so many DL posters to be haha. Flying Nun references? Check!
Add about 25 years and you've nailed it.
- Really unappealing group this year.
- A couple of cute guys racing this season. Too bad they're all "straight" though.
- Anyone know where they started the race from? Was that just a movie studio set?
And do the Afghans really think they have a chance with the ice princesses?
- Jeez, they have the same couples year after year:
Black educated couple, check
Goth/Edgy/Punk Scary looking couple, check
Cheerleaders with big fake boobs, check
Ex pro sports guys, check
Hicks from the sticks, check
Modern Family type swishy gay couple, check
Bro/dude/brahs/could be secretly gay couple. check
The only mystery is which one of the straight couples will be the wife beating couple.
- Some blacks do go to college. Exhibit A is the President.
- I stopped watching a few years ago, and tuned in again last night.
BORING teams. They need a new casting director.
Once team who should be cast is Mia Farrow eldest twin sons?
Or how about a professional skating pairs team?
Or a B list actor and their sibling?
There is no one interesting to root for.
Won't be watching episode 2
- [quote]Anyone know where they started the race from? Was that just a movie studio set?
To judge from the routes they were driving, that appeared to be one of the many western movie sets in the mountains north of L.A. such as the Iverson Ranch.
- How come TAR is exempt from CBS' fascination with bringing back former contestants every season?
- They do on occasion, R40.
- They should do a season with all the pairs that got eliminated in the first leg.
All those teams were much more interesting then the groups this year.
- But not the douchebags who were eliminated first last season before they ever left L.A. Good riddance.
- They have done All-Star seasons, but have they ever brought back random contestants to compete like Survivor or Big Brother? I don't think so.
They should do a season splitting up former pairs and making them team up with other former contestants.
- R44 they did that once with the first All-stars
Eric and Danielle, who wound up winning.
- How many times have we had 2 wives of pro-athletes, 2 former NFL players, 2 queens, 2 hairy guys from a swamp somewhere, 2 hicks from Alabama, 2 ex-boyfriend & girlfriend ? That show is OVER
- [quote]Anyone know where they started the race from? Was that just a movie studio set?
It looked like the ranch where the Manson group hung out... Is that one still there?
- R46 they have never had a Ice Dancing Pair, Ballroom Dancers or Skating Pair.
- What an unremarkable cast. No one out the gate that you instantly love or loathe.
- Not a single team worth rooting for.
- I agree, R49. Nobody truly distinctive. I'm probably going to skip over this season.
- The problem is, you have to be available for close to 2 months to compete, and most folks with day jobs can't take that much time off. Hence the "wives of" and mactors and odd combo teams trying to make their mark in reality TV. The first few seasons there really were more average types, and it made the show more lovable.
- [quote] The problem is, you have to be available for close to 2 months to compete
The unemployment rate so high, you'd think their would be a larger pool of people to choose from.
- Yeah, I can't stand when they have a not famous famous team like the beauty pageant girls, football players, Globetrotters, Big Brother couples, etc.
- Every single football broadcast runs over. I wish they would schedule an extra half hour for the game so people who watch on DVRs don't get fucked.
- I'm not interested in any of the teams this season. I'll watch next week to see if it improves, but I may skip this season.
Why can't they always have hot gay teams like the Chippendales from 2 seasons ago? That season had one of the best casts ever.
- [quote]They should do a season with all the pairs that got eliminated in the first leg.
I was thinking the exact same thing during the introductions last night. They could do first leg losers and a truncated "celebrity" season for charity.
Let's see "Speidi" take a break from whoring their tired asses to anyone with $200. They can try hauling/rolling some 200 lb. cheese wheels instead. I'd also like to nominate Kirstie Alley and Kate Gosselin as a team, just to see how many legs it would take before one of them killed the other.
Eliminated Dad was already getting his bitch on. When his daughter picked him up he was complaining, "What took you so long? What was the delay?" Um... flying is faster than driving, Pops. Go figure.\t
- The dark-haired Chippendale from two seasons ago was not gay, r56.
- [quote]I'd also like to nominate Kirstie Alley and Kate Gosselin as a team
I'd rather see Kirstie and Leah Remini.
- Mia Farrow's twin sons should sign up!
- R56, not one of the teams have anything like the charisma and sweetness of the Chippendales. Just a lot of show-offs on this season.
And I'm not crazy about the re-tooled opening. It's garish and sort of cheap looking.
- Mmmmmmm, Brandon and Adam!!
- If it was a team with Jon and Kate, I'd tune in to see that.
- on CBS, new premiere lows for The Amazing Race, The Good Wife and The Mentalist for a second consecutive year.
- [quote]The dark-haired Chippendale from two seasons ago was not gay, [R56].
The dark-haired guy is gay, too, but he didn't want to come out publicly. It couldn't have been more obvious. Neither one of them came out on the show, if you remember.
- I loved the Chippendales.
- r37, he's only half.
His white mama
- r26, that was my immediate thought as well.
- The blond Chippendale,Jaymes, gave an interview with a gay publication as his season was about to air. Jaymes pretty much came out in the interview, but seemed to regret it later. As for the dark Chippendale, he has a girlfriend, or at least did a few months ago.
- I sent Jaymes $25 for his sick father (remember he wanted the million for his father and they had collection site for him?) Bitch never sent a thankyou Email or a pair of his used underwear to me as I requested. And Discover wouldn't let me cancel the payment.
Has his father died yet?
- The dark-haired Chippendale may have/had a girlfriend, but like all trashy gay-for-pay porn stars and strippers, will have sex with anyone.
- Jaymes' father died early this year, r70.
- I don't care. I want my $25 dollars!
- Though they were probaby die-hard Republicans, the cowboys, Jet and Cord, were a fun team and would make a great addition to an All-Star season.
- R67, I'm not sure what country you are from but here in the US if you are half-Black, you're Black.
It's a matter of perception, not your parentage. If you are one quarter or one eighth or one sixteenth Black and you look Black, you are Black in America.
You may use the standard "try to hail a cab and see" or "drive through a rich white neighborhood and see" measures if you wish.
- R74 The Cowboys were already on the "Unfinished Business" all-star season.
- The snow-blower husband seemed really gay to me. Maybe just extremely metrosexual but in their "casual" scenes together he came off more like her gay best friend.
- R77 I've dubbed him "Mr. Plow."
- Instead of Mia Farrow's twin sons, I would like to see Woody Allen and his wife Julie Chen.
- IMO, the best looking guy this season is the ex (with the woman with the pink streak in her hair, hereby known as "Pinky"). The dater from Boston isn't bad looking either.
- No, R47. The Manson family hung out at Spahn Ranch and that looks nothing like where TAR began this season.
- It's 7:38 and the Dallas/Denver game just ended.
- Hot men in bathing suits.
- I'd say Jason is lickable, but a certain someone is Skyping with me right now. He's all pissy because he can't throw a fucking ball in the rain.
- The chick with the pink hair is a bitch
- The theater queens need to go.
- So far I'm rooting for the football players and the ER doctors.
Sad to see Bingo go but they seemed to screw up every task in one way or another. They were sweet though.
Pink hair bitch needs to be knocked down several pegs.
- It took a lot of salt to float that huge hunk of beef. He looked mighty fine stripped down, huge pecs bobbing in the water.
Pink hair is la diablo!
- Come on, guys, I can't be the only one lusting after little hottie Oklahoma boy. The cutest kid since Colin. Though we didn't get much coverage in swimwear, there was a nice ass shot as he put together his shoe cart. Will take what we can get, ha.
Go, Team Danny Boy!
- None of the guys I wanted to see stripped chose the buoyancy challenge. Now I'll never see Bingo semi-nude.
- Team 9/11 frightens me every time they let loose their "yi yi yi!!!" I picture the hijackers storming the cockpit whenever I hear them.
- Long hairs need a haircut but Brandon the tall one has a really nice face.
Jason the snow plow driver looked great in his bathing suit.
- Sorry for team bingo but that fuck up I'd why I watch this show!
Por mi madre! Por mi padre! El diablo!!!
- I love it when a team thinks they're outsmarting everyone else but they wind up screwing themselves.
Jason and Tim (the ex of Pinky) looked nice in their swimsuits.
- I wonder why two models demonstrated the buoyancy challenge while Phil narrated instead of having Phil narrate from the tub? It would've been a great opportunity for the camera to zoom out from a close up to reveal Phil in a speedo.
- 24-hour bus ride...now there's something to get people nice & frazzled & sore.
- That poor shoeshine guy! I hope he was compensated in some way for losing business.
- R91 What exactly makes them "Team 9/11"?
- That "she's the devil" line sounds like something Charla and Myrna would have said. Too bad they've been eliminated and won't be giving us any more gems like that.
- [quote]I'd rather see Kirstie and Leah Remini.
Throw in Miley Cyrus and Sinead O'Connor and TAR will be back to a fabulous show.
- I am not millionaire I am young woman!
- Are the bingo actors a couple, or did I miss something?
Who are the secret gays?
- I think this season has some promise. We have a bitch and some hot eye candy and a couple of gays. Too bad they are gone. The Afghanimals are really annoying. I actually kind of like the Ice princesses. the baseball wives seem pretty sweet too. Phil was really dressed to the right in one scene. Did you catch it?
- [quote]Anyone know where they started the race from? Was that just a movie studio set?
For you, R35
The location is called Meloday Ranch, in Newhall,CA not too far north of L.A. It's about an hour (or + much more if traffic is bad) from LAX, a straight shot down Interstate 5 and then the 405
- Don't talk to me, you're using my air!
- Pink NJ lady is a lesbian, yes?
- The female ER Dr and pink hair are both bitches
- [quote]I love it when a team thinks they're outsmarting everyone else
Morons. When you're battling for last place, STICK WITH THE PACK.
The Afghanis are working my last nerve. Annoying as fuck, and I will never root for a team that gives themselves a nickname.
- Well, team Dirty Hippie seems to have a lot more on the ball than they showed in their intro. And it was both funny & frightening to watch the NFL guys lift the huge boulders of salt over their head and SMASH them on the ground.
- [quote]Phil was really dressed to the right in one scene. Did you catch it?
Yes, when he was describing the shoeshine challenge.
- [quote][R91] What exactly makes them "Team 9/11"?
To R91, brown skin = terrorist.
- r111, that is so not right!
- [quote]Don't talk to me, you're using my air!
When he said this I thought, Who are you, Sandra Bullock?
- How can someone not know how to ride a bike?
- Why was that woman having such a hard time on the bike? I didn't understand that.
- Jason has great tits.
- I'm only watching to see the Okie duo.
I suspect they make it to the final three. When they get eliminated, I'll stop watching.
- [quote]How can someone not know how to ride a bike?
Ask Phoebe Buffay.
- It's seems nearly every team has someone who's speaks Spanish fluently. I think that's why this season us starting out a bit boring-always fun to see the frustrated,'ugly American' come out!
- I'll watch just to see Pinky get tortured.
I can't wait until after they use the Express Pass and hit a U-turn challenge. That bitch is toast.
- Pinky reminds me of a less crude but still obnoxious Gina Marie from Big Brother.
- Why do people hate the ER wife? Just because she couldn't ride the bike?
- " I think that's why this season us starting out a bit boring-always fun to see the frustrated,'ugly American' come out!"
Wait a few weeks. Soon they will be in countries that don't speak English or Spanish like China, Russia, Italy and France.
- R114/R115 I think it was harder than most people are used to because she was lugging around a backpack while trying to ride an unfamiliar type of bike.
- [quote]always fun to see the frustrated,'ugly American' come out!
What have been the "ugly American" moments so far?
- [quote]Why do people hate the ER wife? Just because she couldn't ride the bike?
Other than having Grade-A Bitch-face and just not coming across as a pleasant person?
- The Afghanimals are the worst this year. Their penchant for doing the high-pitched ululation is particularly unfortunate, since I always associate that with how many Muslims celebrated the 9/11 attacks.
- FF for the bigot at R127 and R10.
- R114 / R115 it seemed like she didn't fix the gears. If you ride a bike in the wrong gear it can be tough lol
I actually like the casting because most of the teams are bitchy. The 2 nice teams got eliminated early.
The ice princesses already HATE Jersey girl and now Jersey girl has made enemies of the baseball wives. This is going to be good. We're in for some catfighting.
What I'm hoping for is a huge blowout between the Jersey exes and the Boston "alpha" couple. That seems like a real possibility down the road.
I would spread my legs for Jamal, the long haired cousin of the Afghanimals. Yes, they're a bit annoying but Jamal is hot to me.
- btw too bad Jamal didn't go on with his brother instead of his cousin. Khald Zadran is HOT and with a BODY:
- Oh, piss off R128.
- Nice, R130! It's obvious little Bro Khalid is gay and he has a FINE body!
I'll take Khalid over the cousins, any day. He sure loves to work out, doesn't he? LOL.
- [quote]What have been the "ugly American" moments so far?
For one thing, the way the Bingo queen said "arrrive!" with a Spanish accent and rolled r to try to make the ticket clerk understand, during the whole clusterfuck about what time the bus would arrive vs. depart
- I liked the Docs at first but her drama queen freak out on the bike put me off.
If you can't ride a bike at a competent adult level, you really shouldn't sign up for the Amazing Race.
- Well you should also know how to drive stick shift, swim & not be terrified of heights, but there are plenty of contestants who think that won't matter.
- I give a pass on the bike fail. She was up since before 4am, and trying to ride a bike in the Chile with huge pack on her back. If you haven't ridden in years, I can see how it would be difficult.
- Por mi Madre! Por mi Padre! is too funny for words.
Best line in a long time on TAR.
- Tu es el Diablo r137!
- Yeah, apparently the bad guys these season are the Afghanis, so say Rowan and Shane
- When drama queen ER Doc, told pink hair that she should get the other free pass becasue it was her birthday, I hated her
- Are the cardiac MD and his daughter still in it? Observed their behavior in a European restaurant a few months ago during filming and I hope they fucking lose.
The football guys and the resident gay guys were sweeter and friendlier than words can express.
- I can't be the only one watching this.
Thank God Tommy won today. He hid and cried in the bedroom closet last week. His tears ruined some of my silk thongs.
- Cannot stand ER doc. She's a bitch. Almost as bad as Pinky.
Wish I had some of that black raspberry chocolate chip ice cream..
- I like the ER docs. I just can't stand the ones with the Express Pass. I hope they use it not knowing the football players are still stuck in London.
- I really like the (doomed?) football players!!
- I have a feeling this might be a non elim episode.
kcguy, having a very small piece of See's chocolate walnut fudge
- I like the football players too
- So that sexy stud hate fucks his pink haired gf, right? Pulls her hair out, slaps her till she's bruised?
- R146 - a small piece of fudge?? Sack up and snack up!!!!
- Well I guess I was wrong..... they were philiminated.
Now on to The Walking Dead and Homeland.
- Off to The Walking Dead thread.
- Gosh, I hope I can find that Breyer's Black Rasberry Choc. Chip ice cream here.
- I really liked this episode. I like the airline flight selection strategy actually paying off, and in this case it did. They didn't bunch them after they arrived in Lisbon. Hurray. Football guys did the stupid thing of doing something on their own. If you're gonna do something like that, make sure there's one other team doing it with you.
The baseball wives kissed each other on the lips. That's the most lesbianish thing that's ever happened on this show. Isn't that sad.
- Is Marie the most horrible person on reality TV? I wish the racers had been able to shoot arrows at her
- Next week looks good with the female ER doctor threatening to withhold information unless she gets the Express Pass. Not a good move.
- It's a Cunt-Off!
- The NFL player with the goatee (not sure which is which) has gorgeous eyes.
- [quote]Is Marie the most horrible person on reality TV? I wish the racers had been able to shoot arrows at her
She's a Big Brother GinaMarie clone.
- The NFL guys were screwed by the Chilean travel agent. They were in FIRST FUCKING PLACE when they left Chile.
And what a juxtaposition to see the ER doctors coming in first, while the NFL guys came in last. This really should have been a non-elimination round because that travel agent fucked those guys over.
I love how the baseball wives got the best of the pink haired bitch. FUCK. HER.
At this point, I'm actually rooting for the Okies, even though I hate rednecks. They're so out of their element, it's good that they experience the world. It might make actually expand their minds.
I wouldn't mind seeing the baseball wives win, either.
I wanna go to Portugal!
- [quote]The NFL guys were screwed by the Chilean travel agent. They were in FIRST FUCKING PLACE when they left Chile.
They were not screwed by the travel agent. How do you figure that? NFL didn't have to take those flights, but they did, their choice. That flight after flight was delayed was certainly not the travel agent's fault.
NFL said themselves that it was a big risk, they admitted knowing that connecting flights is never a good idea on The Amazing Race, let alone two connecting flights. But they chose to do so anyway.
So, if you must place blame, the blame lies with the team that knew they were doing something highly risky.
- R160 never watched the show.
The travel agent felt so bad about the screw up that SHE created, that she actually phoned them at the airport, to try and fix her mistake.
Watch the show again, before opening your big stupid mouth.
- Oh well fuck you if you aren't capable of making yourself clear, you dumb fucking prissy asshole.
- ER doc is not a bitch? Where do you get this? I actually like the pretty girls this time. They seem pretty cool. Usually they're entitled bitches.
Pinky Marie is a bitch but she is good TV. I kind of love to hate her. Love the hippies and find myself rooting for the Okies. The cute one seems sweet.
Can't stand the Afghanimals, what a bunch of dorks. I'm not really against them though.
- That ululation of the cousins reminds me of Midnight Express and 9/11, too. I don't have good associations with those sounds, and since this season is already filmed, the guys won't see themselves on air and maybe dial it back a bit.
However, them being college-eduated Americans, they should know how something like that could be perceived by the viewing audience.
And, of course, it's the producers who choose to include it, so what the hell do I know?
I know it's a cultural thing, but still...
- I'm only watching for the Okie guys. The minute they get eliminated, I'm turning off.
But I suspect they get further in the game, because they are barely featured.
- Last night The Amazing Race (1.8/5), was down 25% from its October 6 show to a series low.
- This really is the worst set of racers they've ever had on the show. Just a boring, nasty group of people. The previous two seasons were so good, so I can't understand why they picked this group?
- Ratings are tough on programs when there are football and baseball games on.
- I thought Jamal-the taller and handsomer of the two "Afghanimals"- and Tim, Marie's partner, both looked very dashing in their knight costumes.
- I agree that this cast is weak. Not much to root for. The hick friends are probably my favourites and I know very little about them.
- Did the Chippendales win last season?
- R171 No, they were first runners-up to the Beekmans. So if the Beekmans are ever able to fulfill their duties ...
- What did the Beekmans do with the prize money?
- I admit, seeing the knights in armor challenge had me longing to see a cameo of Charla toppling over.
- I wish the guy on the mat with with Phil had taken his helmet off, he looked hot.
- Magellan was hot, and his eye-rolling was priceless....
- I agree r175.
- Phil tweeted nice close up shots of Magellan and the greeter. They're both quite handsome.
- How is this the worst cast? It's a group of big personalities who started fighting on the first leg of the race. That's fantastic. The last couple seasons were mostly boring.
I LOVE that the female doctor is going to go toe-to-toe with Jersey girl next episode. The Jersey couple is supposed to give 1 of the express passes away-does anyone know if there's a time limit for them to do it? How long can they hold on to it?
I can't stand Jersey girl but she makes for great tv. I'm waiting for the Boston alpha couple to get into a fight with the Jersey couple. If both survive the next few legs, it's bound to happen.
I want the OK farmers and the Cali hippies to lose next because they seem relatively boring.
and can we not bring up those fucking attention whoring Beekman cunts again? They're annoying as fuck.
- For YOU R179. Not everyone feels that way. They were brought up in the SHOW anyway.
- Remember that chick who got hit in the kisser with the watermelon?
- [quote]The Jersey couple is supposed to give 1 of the express passes away-does anyone know if there's a time limit for them to do it? How long can they hold on to it?
Aren't they supposed to hand it over to another team by the end of the fifth leg?
- r182, yes, that's what Phil said.
- Yes R164, because EVERYONE should kow tow to the sensitivities of white America!
Good grief, get over yourself.
- I think it's weird the way the Jersey girl was giving the Bunnies a hard time for doing...EXACTLY WHAT SHE WOULD BE DOING! It's a race, y'know. Everyone is racing not just the people from Jersey.
- If "white America" is the main audience for this show, then yes, r184, I believe they should kowtow a bit to its viewers.
- What's in store for Sunday?
- I find something that annoys me in most of the racers. With the Afghanimals, it's their arrogance and their ululations. Get over your own PC self.
- I hate the Afghanimals and their "Race wives" schtick. It wasn't cute or funny when they first did and it certainly isn't either now.
- This show should have more racists among the cast.
- Gisele, I recommend dipping some chocolate covered pretzels in Skippy peanut butter (or your preferred brand). Delish!
- Gisele, I recommend Nutella Chocolate Spread and peanut butter on a lightly toasted bagel.
Broadway Legend Barbara Cook, singing between bites
- Constance and Barbara
That's what I had for breakfast. I think I'll go more savory tonight.
- Aren't we due for a non-elimination leg soon?
- 30 minutes late although it was worth it.. The Chiefs won!
Spent the afternoon at the ballet Bernstein/Robbins "Fancy Free" and caught the last 30 minutes of the game..
now on to Gisele, Amazing Race and Walking Dead.. oh, and Homeland!
- Gisele, you'd think I would have learned by now--- don't eat during this show.
That being said, I hope they have a food challenge and Pinky Bitch has to eat something really gross.
- Sorry - been watching but haven't been posting.
Pinky is working my last nerve.
- bet this is a non elimination.
- Beards was working it tonight, funny as hell.
"Can't find the clue!! i don't know where the clue is!!"
"Oh never mind it is in my mouth."
Made me laugh out loud. Very cute.
- I swear to God that if I'm ever on the Amazing Race, I won't make WOO-HOO noises or yell YEAH BABY!!!
And the world will be a better place.
- A Ford Truck Challenge?
- Danny from Okie is stunning. One of the top 5 all time lookers alongside Colin, Brandon, Jon with redhead girlfriend, Freddy, who else? Oh, the cute brothers who wrecked their car, loved them too.
So damn cute.
- I love Brandon. Did you see him with his shirt off?
- Here is Jason's company.
(Its located in the industrial park where Aaron Hernandez...um...did absolutely nothing.)
- Disposable girlfriends aside, I loved angelic Brandon (and, yes, have paused the DVD on his shirtless moments a lot) and Colin too, my favorite season ever I think. Named a cat after Colin since I loved him so much (he got a bad rap but was really a great guy, just yelled at times which is no sin. I can relate).
The Best casting of all time was probably the next season with Freddy, Kris and Jon, the wrestlers, Hellboy and his girl, all fun, all bickery but a blast. Dull these days,.
- Ooh! Double leg...shame they didn't get to party with the Vikings.
- In your face, pink hair!
"Do you want it or not?"
And millions of viewers shouted "YES!"
- Damn, that was a good leg...really interesting challenges, gorgeous scenery, costumes. Great quotes from dumb blondes & Okies.
- Looks like we get some bare arms from Danny at the very least next week. Hopefully more. Hot hot hot.
- And looooove that pointed look from doc wife at the end. Perfect "fuck you". She's growing on me.
- The Express Holder left the gold at the finish under the rock. Next week they are going to have to use their express pass since they won't be able to go back and get it. Hopefully they get U turned.
- What a fun eppie. I looove when they have to keep on racing past the pit stop. And it'll be hilarious seeing them have to deal with the jet lag and challenges once all of Norway is wide awake with activity.
I read that next race is an all-stars and the pink haired girl and her sap will be back:(
- I like the ER wife. Sure she seems like a no-nonsense, almost bitchy, type of person, but I like that she doesn't take shit from that Marie. (The bearded guys also seemed like assertive type of guys).
And this season, I like most of the teams.
I like: The bearded guys, the ER doctors, the young couple, both girl girl teams (and in their credit, both teams are composed by women who seemed to glide on on life easy and by their looks, but the women on both teams are really stepping up to the challenge, without complains, extreme meltdowns, and even a cheery face), the guys from Oklahoma (just because they seem like they need the money the most).
I only dislike the NJ exes (only she), and the Afghanis.
- No, they took the gold coins but forgot the destination clue. They have no idea where to go from there.
- The beards sinewy body was a shock to the eyes. He almost looked emaciated. I was disappointed they didn't follow through with stripping footage of the rest of the guys.
- Hammer of the Cods. Cute.
- This group is growing on me. Beard guys are not assholes, and actually seem to have a lot of good skills for the race. ER couple are highstrung...but hey are ER doctors. The Bunnies and the Ice Girls are SO dumb...but comic gold "Are there bugs on me?" "The cod is caught in my hair!" "It was in my mouth!"
I suppose we'll start seeing some angst when they head into Asia and killer fatigue & jet leg & teeming masses really start to have an effect.
- The sexy cowboys are also slated to run their THIRD time next cycle. Wheee!
- LOVED the scene of Jason getting into the wetsuit.
- PLEASE let Myrna and Charla be on the all-star season!!!
- Now that they keep on racing, what leg will they be on? What leg does pinky and punk have to get rid of the extra express pass? I hope they get confused and forget to give it away in time and get penalized.
- Why the fuck did they advertise Ford Rangers, they stopped making them for the US market.
- Where does Marie keep Tim's balls?
- So the supposed cast for the all stars season for the spring was leaked. Not very happy with the choices.
- What list?
- Horrible, horrible choices. Wow.
- They will never make the pitstop unless they give up the express pass. I love blackmail!
- "You really know how to beat your meat."
"You're the beat meater."
- Myrna and Charla were already on a previous All-Stars edition.
Why were the Ford Ranger steering wheels on the right? Norway doesn't drive on the left.
- Amy's boyfriend Jason is HOT! Damn, I'd love to hit that.
- [quote]No, they took the gold coins but forgot the destination clue. They have no idea where to go from there.
I hate the Express pass team. Are they too stupid to just follow the Doctor's? They were going to the next destination. Duh.
- UUUUGGGGGHHHH can they just Shoot Rachel and Bradon now? I cannot stand to watch another thing with her on it. They just ruined the Amazing Race.
- They'll still get penalized for not having the complete clue.
- Joey and Meghan both have big "projects" coming out, and they both postponed the releases until January, presumably to cash in on the publicity of the new season.
- Last night was so boring, I fast forwards thru almost all of the scenes.
- There is absolutely no reason for Rachel. The only thing I can think of, is she has photos of Les Moonves fucking a donkey.
- When will someone from the Hantz family be on TAR?
- Those bearded friends are growing on me.
- There is a need for two of the Farm Kings brothers to be on TAR...soon.
Yeah, not really feeling the All Star teams this time.
- Looking at the contestants on the upcoming season, I'm wondering if the cowboys are g.a.y. because in the recent Canadian edition (yes, there is a Canadian edition with entirely Canadian contestants racing through Canada only, sorta lame) the cowboys couple was gay. As in so stereotypically gay that it was a caricature. Cringeworthy.
- I would rather see Rachel's sister Elissa from Big Brother on All Stars..
- [quote]Looking at the contestants on the upcoming season, I'm wondering if the cowboys are g.a.y.
g.a.y. as opposed to gay? Are you asking if Jet and Cord are a gay couple? In case you hadn't seen them in their past appearances on TAR, they're brothers from Oklahoma.
- [quote]Those bearded friends are growing on me.
- r224, it's not unusual for brothers to be gay. I know more than one family with gay siblings.
- I meant r244.
- I'm happy to see more of Joey.
- They would be the perfect two to post in the "what makeup do guys wear" thread.
- r228 - Well, they could still just follow the doctors to the pitstop without giving up the pass.
They may or may not have to go back for the clue. The team who was penalized on a past TAR for going to the pitstop without a clue had missed the clue box location entirely. On a really early TAR, a team lost the clue but were still allowed to check in. This is somewhere in between. They did find the clue but left part of it behind.
- To pick up on R250 point. All clues must be returned to the production staff at the end of each leg.
I guess they don't want them sold on eBay.
- That is correct. We are not allowed to keep anything. Otherwise I might be a rich person instead of just a poor person running this race. Please, friends, I am not a millionaire. Send your messages to CBS so that my friend Charla and I can return to your television screens. My greatest thanks to you from a poor person.
- Mirna I thought you were a lawyer?
- I am a lawyer R253 but not a rich lawyer. I am not a millionaire. Only a girl with a dream.... and a dwarf cousin who slowed me down on the race.
- The Afghans set themselves up right from the beginning when in the opening introductions they themselves they wanted to show they were just like average everyday boy-next-door Americans. Then in the first 5 minutes while running to the car they're ululating - just like every boy next door from Kansas, Idaho or Maine.
- Is this the first time they have changed the music during the credits to make a joke?
That was hilarious, and I can't recall them ever going for humor like that...
- Looks like it is a new thing now. To have different music at the end of each episode.
- I love the female ER doc. I'm glad she doesn't take Jersey girl's BS.
I'm loving this season and things will get VERY fun with the double U-turn.
I love the all-star picks. Think about how much fighting will happen with the Twinnies, Brenchel and the Jersey exes?
- What music did they have? I watched but didn't notice.
- At the very end, they played a song about fish heads. Cracked us up.
- Sunday's Amazing Race (1.9/2) was steady with last week’s series low.
- Marie isn't a lesbian?
- [quote]Marie isn't a lesbian?
I hope not. We don't want her.
- [quote]I love the all-star picks. Think about how much fighting will happen with the Twinnies, Brenchel and the Jersey exes?
Agree. Good times a comin' I can't wait to see Rachel take on Pinky!
- Yawn. The last few years of TAR have sucked and the "all-star" picks are the final nail on the coffin. All the worst teams from their seasons (except the cowboys... I still want Cord deep inside me). Will pass.
- R265 wow no taste! The Cowboys are not hot and were boring. The other all-star picks are great.
- Future All Star Joey is involved in a little dustup with a neighbor over where Joey parks his car.
Joey is pulling in about 200 thousand per annum from his Youtube vids. Who knew?
- I mistook Joey for that bizarre guy with the shit-eating grin who lost during a surfboard challenge while still holding an express pass. They have similar hair.
- No, that was the guy he was friends with. And I knew Joey was making that much. You can make a decent amount of cash doing YouTube.
- Ugh, he's such an insufferable POS, r267. And is he still a closet case?
- He still hasn't claimed to be gay or straight. He made an "Are You Gay?" video a few months back, and at the end he said it doesn't matter so stop asking.
- I don't understand how you make money on You Tube. Do they pay you for posting videos?
- Ad revenue, r272. Also you can sign a contract with YouTube saying you won't post videos on any other site.
- I've never seen an ad on Youtube. I use Firefox as my browser and I have AdBlock Plus.
Suck it Youtube!
- Can't stand Joey. So glad someone rightfully called him out. People like Joey get "youtube famous" and then think they can do whatever the fuck they want with no regard to anyone else. It should be common sense to anyone that blocking someone's driveway is not only rude but could also result in having your car towed.
- r274, AdBlock does cut into the money they make. Someone I know posts on YT (not professionally like Joey, just as a hobby), and she said only about 60% of the total views actually make money because of it.
So I turn mine on and off depending who I watch. Joey is one I don't watch ads for. Some people on YT are actually creative and hardworking, but Joey isn't one of them. He's also become more and more of an entitled asshole the past few months. Including asking his subscribers (mostly teen girls) to donate $100,000 to a kickstarter so he could make this jank CW-reject webseries.
It's a shame, because I actually liked him on TAR. Her and his teammate felt like the only ones who really appreciated the experience rather than just the competition or potential money.
- Just exactly WHO are the people watching Joey? I watched about three minutes of that video where he babbles on and on about his car and I wanted to shout, "SHUT THE FUCK UP, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT" But apparently people do, I just don't see why.
- His viewership is mostly girls between 12 and 17. Basically the same group that keeps 1D in business.
- C'mon, NFL...play fast. Let's get this show started on time tonight!
- R279 - that's adorable!
- I bet tonight Gisele has pizza and for dessert, a chocolate ice cream sundae with marshmallow sauce.
- Double U-turn tonight!
- No game delays on the east coast. Oklahoma boy doesn't want to dress as a girl. (he loves doing that at home)
- Pinky bitch is such a bitch! Cannot wait to her tangle with Rachel on All Stars. I wonder who will curbstomp the other one?
Pizza from Minsky's is dinner
- R281-WRONG!!!!!!! I wish.
When Tommy wins, he gets to pick dinner. If not, he gets all whiny. (eyeroll)
- Awwww... sorry Gisele :(
- I went rogue! I flushed the tofu down the toilet while Tommy complained.
- Looked for that Breyer's raspberry choc. chip here. They don't carry it.
I wish someone had u-turned pinky Bitch. I wanted to see her go balistic!
Those cousins Leo and Jamel are really getting on my nerves... smarmy obnoxious.
- It's probably a non-elimination round this week. But the jerks forgot their coins last week.
- Breyer's Black Raspberry Chocolate.
Get some balls and ask your grocer to order it.
- Shut up all of you. My favorite team was eliminated tonight and I'm in no mood.
- I'm running out of teams to root for. Every week a team I like is sent home... the NFL players, the gay theatre geeks, the bearded backwoods dudes...
I only have the married docs left
- It was kind of hot seeing Jason and Tim dancing together.
- I did Gisele. He said it's not a regional flavor for Breyer's here.
- Why did the chubby one send the one in the dress on the eating challenge knowing he was self conscious about his appearance? That was mean.
- That was a tight 1-2-3 finish at the mat.
- R294 - then contact Breyers. Or move to Massachusetts.
What really happened to Tommy's hand?
- Interesting that three male-male teams in a row have been eliminated.
- Do you think it was smart of Tim and Pinky to use the Express Pass or do you think they should have held onto it for a future leg?
- R298 - bitch tried to take my Eggos.
- On Sunday CBS saw delays in a number of markets on the East Coast due to NFL overruns. So, with that tentative ratings knowledge in mind and the combo of MBL and NFL on Fox and NBC, 60 Minutes (1.5/4)and The Amazing Race (1.7/4) were down. The reality show fell 11% to a series low.
- I expect the ratings to fall even more now that the Beards out of it. They turned out to be one of the most fun teams from all seasons. I'm going to miss them.
Way too much drama with the girls's polka costume from that guy. His partner should have whispered "1 million dollars" into his ear at some point.
Loved seeing the two big guys enjoying a polka moment at that enormous apartment house. Before the dancing, Tim said to Jason: "You look hot..what's your name?" And a-one and a-two..
6,000 neighbors? Oh hell no!
- The Beards were repulsive looking, though. They're one of the reasons I checked out of watching this in the first place. That and the other teams are boring. Nobody comes close to the entertainment value of the Chippendales, the Globetrotters, etc.
- WTF is Gisele?
- There is still a lot to like, you have the obvious villian, the pink haired chick who is a total see you next tuesday and her milk toast ex. The er doctors who the wife seems pretty manipulative. I was really intrigued by the iowa? guys where the one was pissed he had to wear the dress. He kept saying how humiliated he was. Uh get over it, it does not make you gay.
- I don't understand getting all upset about the contestants. I watch for the locations. Lisbon! Arctic Norway! Who knew Gdansk was so beautiful?
Just, please... no more Calcutta or Dhaka or Accra.
- The backgrounds are fascionating but the people in the foreground, not so much.
- [quote]Just, please... no more Calcutta or Dhaka or Accra
I agree. Gisele and I can barely eat our dinners when the constestants are in those places.
No, I am not the partner. I just love Gisele and the dinner choices
- Not enjoying this cast.
- R305 - eye roll.
R309 - I once ate a whole bowl of Royal chocolate pudding (the whole box) with half a tub of low-fat Cool Whip and crushed macadamia nuts while watching "Salo:120 Days of Sodom" (the uncut version). The streets of Calcutta don't bother me.
- I was really sad to see Brandon and Adam- the beards- leave. They seemed like such nice, cool guys. Oh, and I don't consider Brandon/Adam to be repulsive looking! Brandon, the taller one, looks to have a handsome face underneath the heavy beard. I thought brandon looked like Wes Bentley.
Of the seven teams left I think we can rule out Tim and Marie as the winners, since they are apparently on the next all-star season. Why race again so soon after winning?
- I'm surprised people aren't enjoying this season. I think it's hilarious. This cast doesn't play nice and it's great to see.
The biggest surprise was the Okie boys u-turning the Afghanimals when they didn't even need to. Hopefully that will result in a feud between the 2 teams.
I'm glad the hippie Cali beards are GONE. They were nice but so fucking boring, not to mention repulsive-looking.
In the previews it showed Jersey stealing Boston's cab! YAAAAAAAAASSS!! I've been hoping for a Jersey/Boston feud and this bitch move could set it off.
- In the pictures of All Star contestants, there are only nine teams.
That leaves room for the Muthafuckin Chippendales!
If Phil knows what's good for his package, he will bike over to the production offices and insist on the Chips.
- [quote]I once ate a whole bowl of Royal chocolate pudding (the whole box) with half a tub of low-fat Cool Whip and crushed macadamia nuts while watching "Salo:120 Days of Sodom" (the uncut version). The streets of Calcutta don't bother me.
OMG! I can't imagine.. THAT had to be one of the sickest movies I have ever seen.. it doesn't take much to gross me out...well snakes maybe but that movie did.
Dinner friend in the midwest.
- R313 Oh, I am enjoying this season too. It just took me some time to warm up to some of the teams.. The hippies, a case in point. I ended up really liking them.
And as much as I hate her, I do enjoy watching Pinky bitch..
But what do I know? I watch Big Brother too ;)
And it's gonna be late again tonight..which means bum the recording for HOMELAND to 10 PM so I don't miss delayed Race or WALKING DEAD at 8 PM. I will be so glad when we finally get Google (apt building and each unit has been wired just wating for that call) and can DVR 8 shows at once.
- I'm in tears with the singing.
- Amy got it wrong. 'The Sound of Music' took place in Salzburg, not Vienna. I was from Vienna.
And ELEANOR PARKER as "Baroness"
- THE Baroness, r318.
- How come there has not been a non-elimination round yet?
- And next week they are in Aba Dada??!
Carlton Carpenter and Debbie Reynolds
- Laura didn't seem to know shit about how to play this game. Rupert didn't teach her so well.
- I wasn't paying very close attention tonight, but was there a Detour? Was the mask thing a detour where the teams all chose the same option?
- I felt sorry for the big pink guy, he knew that his bad singing led them to being eliminated and he was embarrassed about it. His partner let it be known that he was still his best friend and they did pretty good for themselves.
Pinky's piece was embarrassed by what she did, taxiwise. He is too cowed by her to try to sway her from being Pinky. He needs to sack up. Prepare to have your asses kicked because you have pissed off your ex-friends.
Doctor man sang that shit. Very impressive. I like that team.
- The citizens of Vienna appear brittle and judgmental. Over all this episode was an abortion given the fast forward snafu and nobody choosing the chandelier challenge.
- It was bad enough the cherubic guy cost his team the race he also had the humiliation of having to have his bare butt blurred by the CBS censors.
- The two Oklahoma boys said they loved each other. I never knew straight male friends who ever said that.
[quote] Laura didn't seem to know shit about how to play this game. Rupert didn't teach her so well.
wrong show, this is Amazing Race, Laura and Rupert are Survivor
- Where's that edit button when you need it?!
- There were five male-teams that started this race and four are gone already. The two female-teams are still in it.
- R330 Yes, and we lost them all in succession: The Bingo-gays, The NFLers, The Beards, and now The Okies. Is the race designed this season so as not to give an advantage to so-called alpha-male teams?
Pinky's meltdown next week looks epic.
- re: the singing teachers. The blond guy was cute. I wonder if he was Austrian. Obviously not all the teachers were from the area unless the one was Asian-Austrian.
- Okie team had too much anger. Sayonara!
- The choir's opening of the song sounded like opening up Windows.
Some of those singing coaches were cute(ish).
[quote]The citizens of Vienna appear brittle and judgmental.
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion? You sound bitter and judgmental. There was no interaction with any "citizens", just people doing their jobs like the waltzing couples, singing coaches, taxi drivers, and the cute bungee guy. None of them otherwise were in the least brittle or judgmental.
- Danny from the eliminated team looks very familiar (as in from porn). Has he ever been on Sean Cody or Corbin Fisher?
- [quote] It was bad enough the cherubic guy cost his team the race he also had the humiliation of having to have his bare butt blurred by the CBS censors.
I thought for sure this was a non-elimination round.
How in the fuck can you run a race based on someone's singing ability in a foreign language?
Like honestly, it's hard enough to make them sing in a foreign language, but to make them learn music and then VOCALIZE that music?
This challenge was rigged. I think that Amazing Race is under pressure to have another all female team win (hence Phil's comments at the pit stop).
I hate when producers interfere with results ---> ala Alison Grodner and Big Brother.
- Danny may in fact be gay, both members of the team went out of their way to talk about what chick magnets they are back in Oklahoma and Danny says his proudest achievement is his daughter.
- The challenge wasn't about how good of a singer you are-it was more about pronunciation. The baseball wife couldn't sing at all and finished the challenge second.
YAAAAAAAAAS. The Boston/Jersey feud is ON. I want to see "Providence Amy" come out. East coast accents really lend themselves to anger. Hearing Jason/Amy/Tim/Marie arguing at the finish was glorious and I hope it continues in future episodes.
- I've officially checked out, now that the Okie boys are gone.
- I'm so glad that Pinkythecunt isn't going to win. I feel sorry for her ex-piece but happy she's being so thoroughly humiliated. I hope it continues in the All Stars season.
As someone born and raised in Boston, I will vouch for the relentless viciousness of a Providence bitch. She will get Pinkythecunt if it's the last thing she does. Looking forward to it.
- does anyone know what part of Boston Jason is from?
- [quote] As someone born and raised in Boston, I will vouch for the relentless viciousness of a Providence bitch. She will get Pinkythecunt if it's the last thing she does. Looking forward to it.
Haha, not only that, but Amy Diaz is a former pageant girl, and they are the MOST vicious of all.
Amy has been in every pageant imaginable, in her attempts to win a national title. Now THAT is relentless.
That said, I actually like Amy, and I hope she gets even with Stinky Pinky.
[quote] does anyone know what part of Boston Jason is from?
Are they from Boston? I know that Amy has actually represented Rhode Island in her pageant history, so I'm wondering if Jason is also from Rhode Island.
He does have a Boston-ish accent though, and every time I hear it come out, I get SO turned on by him. Jason is my perfect man.
- Just looked-Jason is from Attleboro, which is in southern MA and not far from Providence. I thought they said they live/work in the Boston area now though.
- The taxi drama was strange. In a way I understood Pinky's reasoning...
no backpacks = unclaimed taxi...
so win the race or go for drinks after the show?
The taxi driver took out the backpacks, which suggests that at that point it's anyone's taxi. Why would he do that, and then later say "Oh my. I'm driving the wrong team. You're not my team." Why would he remove the backpacks if he wanted to be sure of keeping his taxi reserved for the backpack's owners?
Sure, it's taboo to hijack another team's taxi, but the taxi driver sent a message by removing the backpacks: "First come, first served."
- As another team demonstrated, it was entirely possible (as well as preferable) to see and understand the taxi driver's "message" and go find your own fucking cab instead of stealing someone else's.
- If that was the driver's message, they did nothing wrong. "Here's a taxi. It's available. Let's go."
- It's too bad cute Oklahoma raced with clod Oklahoma. Cute could have earned a spot in the choir. They ought to change the rules to allow one good racer to team up with a Kaplan brother midrace.
- I think there's a rule that one team cannot touch another team's backpacks. And apparently when the Baseball Wives were trying to get a taxi and saw the J/A's packs in the taxi, they implied as much to the driver. So the driver removed the bags hoping to attract another team.
- I wished we could have seen more of the cute blonde Austrian guys. The bungee jump operator and the singing coach were hot(ish).
I thought it was strange that a vocal, singing competition played such a big role in this leg of the race.
If it was a singing contest, I would still be stuck in Austria.
- It was NOT a singing contest...the baseball wife couldn't sing for shit but made it through easily. It was about pronunciation and attempting the right key. She mimicked the song well despite being tone deaf.
The Okie guy just sucked. Such a typical hick. Had it been a country song in English, he would have been sailed.
- That driver didn't even know who his team was. He probably thought he was helping the team by taking out the bags. His dismay that he had the wrong team in the cab shows he didn't mean to take someone else.
- Tim has a crush on Jason.
- Does he? I'll have to watch more closely.
- Wish the bungee jumping event hadn't been 'cancelled'. The local instructor who told them it was too windy was cute!
- stop defending Jersey. They're typical scum. They are examples of why that state is called the armpit of america.
- [quote]I'm so glad that Pinkythecunt isn't going to win
And how do you know this??
- Just a guess R356 but she's on next season's ALL STARS and all of the other teams lost in their seasons.
- Starting on the East coast (Philly)
- Culture clash!
- We should be due for a non-Philimination.
- Pinky is a disgusting human being.
- Just leaked on Twitter that the Afghanimals will be on All-Stars in the slot the Chippendales should have gotten.
- Dates stuffed with cream cheese are disgusting.
Saw those at a cocktail party once..
- Pinky is a bitch. She should be on Big Brother
- R362 Wish it were James and Jaymes.
- Wow, Travis is amazing.
His wife is quick with "we are human" when SHE fucks up. He's a saint to put up with her.
- Dates stuffed with almonds are yummy!
- That fucking pink haired shrew is going to win and it's going to be depressing.
- Nice try at damage control for Pinky and the No-Brain. We ain't buying it. She is making a fool out of you by the way she talks down to you and overrides just about everything you say or do.
But, if that is how you two interact on a normal basis, then you need to take your handsome ass and get as far away as possible from her. She is only going to get worse. Pitiful.
Had to be a non-elim. A so so episode.
- Several times men have commented on what a turn on a bossy woman can be. Gay equivalency? The bossy bottom?
- No mention of a speed bump for the Bunnies. Have the rules changed, or do they get an exemption cause they're pretty?
- damn, I miss my Okie boy, Danny. My type times ten like I invented him on a slab.
Now all that's left to amuse me is that weird pop up in the credits when a still of Boston hottie boy moves up behind his girl and suddenly the mouth moves to a smile. Fuckin' creepy!
- Though they clearly believe otherwise, the Afganimals' 1st place finish had nothing to do with their heritage while racing in the UAE. There was no advantage evident at all, and it seems as though they were the only ones, especially including the locals, who were saying "Salaam alaikum"
- Due to the fucking football game, my DRV cut out just as the guys hit themat, so who was elimanated or was this a non-elimination stop?
- Kinda embarrassed with the Afganimals jubilant reaction to going to Abu Dhabi "the Motherland." Afghanistan isn't a Middle Eastern country, nor is it Arab. My guess is that Arabs would consider them hick cousins at best.
- Whats with the baseball wives kissing (gotta love that KISS when they found out they weren't getting tossed out) and calling each other sweetie....Good thing it was a non elimination leg otherwise the honeymoon would be over and they would have to go back to their hubbies.
- Awwww!! I want to see James and Jaymes again!
- I think it will be interesting to see the sorta sexist Afghanimals deal with the Sri Lankan Twinnies. I have a feeling they won't get along haha.
I think the all-star casting is great actually.
- [quote]I think it will be interesting to see the sorta sexist Afghanimals deal with the Sri Lankan Twinnies.
Eh? I didn't see the Afghanimals listed as part of teh All Stars. Is there a new leak/spoiler?
- r374, the baseball wives were last but it was a non-elimination round.
The Afghans came in first, and the Boston couple came in second and were disappointed that it was the fourth time they placed.
I don't remember the order of the next three, but the last-place baseball wife started crying, but when Phil told her they were still in the race, they (the friends) kissed on the lips.
- Set your dvr to record thirty minutes or one hour past the end of the show.
- There are never football delays in the Pacific Time Zone (fortunately.)
- [quote]WTF is Gisele?
An idiotic, running joke here that wore out its welcome years ago.
Welcome to DL.
- Also, giseles are a thin, anise flavored confection prepared in a waffle iron, popular during the holidays.
- The baseball wives are more couply than the actual couples.
- No mention of Tim in the white muscle shirt (wife-beater as they're called)? He looked trashy but hot.
- On time on East Coast.
- Tim and Marie could not find their bag of coins in that challenge yet they were able to open the car door. FIXED
- Phil bulge!
hangin' to the right
- I cannot stand Leo and Jamal.. what pricks!
- [quote]Tim and Marie could not find their bag of coins in that challenge yet they were able to open the car door. FIXED
They had the coins but didn't have the clue / directions to that leg's pit stop. Remember they traded with the doctors, the express pass for the location of the pit stop.
- Very nice bulge on Phil at the Detour.
- Afghans threatened to murder! HA! Those boys need to go home and sit in a corner and think about what they've done.
- They're getting progressively creepier, R394.
- That water rafting challenge was designed for tall people. I did enjoy the baseball wives having to swim across the channel, only to be swept away by huge waves every ninety seconds.
- I'm tired of the doctors always coming in first. I'd slip the Afghanimals a knife if they're serious about their threat.
- Yay for someone finally getting a decent prize for coming in first.
Seems so weird to be getting vacations in far away places while you are racing around the world to some exotic locations. I know it's because Travelocity is the main sponsor, but it's nice to see some other reward for a change.
Give them more cash!
Pink's partner is getting more and more attractive as they race. He seems to be losing weight which is sharpening his cheekbones. Nice.
I loved the white camel too.
- I need more shirtless Jason. That man is hot!
- Has Jason fucked Tim yet?
- The challenges that involve animals are the best.
- Who is Jason?
- [quote]Who is Jason?
Isn't that his name? The tall dark drink of water with his girlfriend, the former Miss Rhode Island USA? That isn't his name?
- This season is even worse than the family edition.
- Jason is part of the Boston-accented team.
Tim is part of the the pink-haired girl team.
- CBS’ Sunday lineup, buoyed by an NFL overrun last Sunday, was down across the board. As expected, 60 Minutes (1.7), which immediately followed the game last week, suffered the most dramatic ratings swing, down 45%. The Amazing Race (2.0) was down 9%, and The Good Wife (1.4/3) was down 18%.
- Did Jason's accent come out on the last episode or was it always so pronounced and I just missed it? e.g. "I could go for a beeh", "I knew the detour would involve wah-tah". Nothing beats the Cowboys' "dee-ter" though.
- We need more of Phil in khakis.
- i hate the afganimals.
and i hate that italian chick gina marie.
- Why the fuck did no one uturn the Jersey idiots? It was funny that the Afghanimals finally got a taste of their own medicine, but I wanted Pinky to suffer as well. She's such a fucking bitch. Boston had the chance but they're too nice.
- I think Pinky and the No-Brain finished their task and left before Boston. Even though the former got lost trying to find the tower, the latter probably assumed they were still ahead of them so it would've been a waste to use the U-Turn.
- I like that the Afganimals were U-turned, (not that it made a difference anyway) but the smugness and self-righteousness of The Doctors in their reasoning was off-putting.
Just leave it at "game play" or "strategy". Phil on the finish mat, like Jeff on Survivor, was fishing for the very answer he got and knew the answer before he asked he asked the question.
- I'm glad the Bunnies are gone. Not a braincell overtaxed among them.
- It looks like the Doctors face off against the Afghans next week and get a taste of their own medicine.
- I'm still laughing about the Afghanamils saying that they were currently covered in chicken blood but would soon be bathed in infidel blood.
- It's hard to believe Tim and Marie were ever in a real relationship.
- Which ones were the bunnies?
- The 'bunnies' were the baseball wives with the sapphic overtones to their relationship, r417. Their names are Nicky and Kim.
- Gisele- Happy Thanksgiving week! Hope you have plenty of turkey xox
And tonight's Race is on time!
- R419 - kisses!! Hope you eats lots of turkey and sweet potato pie!!
- Holy pink hair is a BITCH CUNT FROM HELL!
- the Afghanimals think they are so witty and cute. They are not.
It's like they are auditioning for their own comedy show.
- No comments about the ER docs being Jesus freaks?
- I am not a fan of the Afghanimals but I'll take them over the Jesus freak SCUM anyday.
- LOL R423- I was going to say something but got distracted by my pizza from Minksy's.
- I hope the Docs or the Afghanimals are the next to go.
- Wow, I wonder how their kids and Jesus is reacting to the way she tried to copy off the work that the Afghanimal accomplished. The way she was chasing after him was embarrassing. So much for showing her kids how to play a game. Doctor hubby was amused.
Loved the elephant crushing the melon with his foot so he could eat it more efficiently.
That Afghanimal needs to learn to keep his hands off of other people even if they made him happy.
Pink is insufferable. I bet (hope) he runs the other way after this race is over.
- The docs are tedious, smug, judgmental and have no self-awareness. In other words, the perfect portrait of today's American "Christian."
- I've never been a fan of the doctors and knew there was something not quite right. I'm on the Afghans bandwagon, especially since they annoy the doctors so much.
And WTF is with Jason and Amy helping the doctors? They may have just sealed their own fate.
- Love the Afghanimals. They're fun, full of energy and know hypocrisy when they see it. I love the ululating too.
There. I said it.
- Nicole has the body language of a woman who is terrified of her husband
- Even though I don't usually like longer hair on men, I think Jamal is hot (and I like his hair, too!)
- [quote]Nicole has the body language of a woman who is terrified of her husband
That's exactly what I was thinking, too.
- Travis is being raked over the coals over at TWOP.
- Those docs are sanctimonious shitheads.
- R431- Agree. I see some domestic violence in Nicole's future. The emotional abluse is already in place.
- Darn.. emotional abuse
- If he felt like he should do a musical challenge (because he actually sings & plays instruments) then he should have taken it. The whole blaming her and "she'll just have to live with it" might have scored him passive aggressive points, but it nearly cost them the race.
And as awful as Pinky is, demanding that her butt boy do it because he knows more about music than she does was the sound decision.
I actually don't have any problem with female ER doc looking at what another contestant was doing...it's within the rules. Hypocritical, yes.
Still hoping Jason & Amy can keep it together. I was very surprised that a beauty pageant contestant was so damn nice to a competitor.
- Maybe she won Miss Congeniality.
- CBS’ Sunday lineup was down week to week... The Amazing Race (1.5, -25%)
- Nicole got mad at the kid judges because they laughed the first time she presented her musical instrument. I thought it was hilarious when the judges gave enthusiastic cheers to all the others who completed their task, but when Nicole finally got it right, the kids barely cheered at all.
- Eh, Nicole sucked hard at that challenge. It was irritating to her husband and he took it far too seriously. It's not always "abuse" (shriek, clutch) when a couple fights and it's hysterical to think so. She's an educated woman with options. I'm not worried about her.
Anyway - fuck both of their hallelujah asses. I am especially disgusted with people of science who still blow hard for Jebus.
- Yeah, the whole sanctimonious Jeebus thing really put me off the doctors. I had been warming up to them but that killed it.
The Afghanimals are both growing on me and annoying me.
Pinky and the No-brain have got to go but I'm afraid they won't.
Team Boston for the win, which means they won't win because I never predict these things correctly.
- Marie needs a serious POUNDING. Not sure if Tim is the man to do it. But it's obvious they have a lot of affection for each other. She just can't really show it directly and he's obviously crazy about her.
- Sanctimonious Nicole and Travis, so smug and full of themselves. So much for humility.
- Tim is crazy about Marie? I don't see it, or see how. She is toxic.
- Tim should just go ahead and get it over with by replying to Marie, "yes Mistress." "You are always correct Mistress." "Thank you Mistress"
- Pinky's outburst in the taxi was that of a truly disturbed person.
So, she's tired of him shouting her down until she submits to him so that he can always get his way. She's tired of being victimized by his aggressiveness.
After her "I want to punch you in your face!" why didn't Phil say anything about that on the mat, a la Johnathan and Victoria?
- I wanted to see more of the stilt-walking monkey!
That would have been a cool task... "The monkey can do it, why can't you?"
- i find Travis's wonky eyebrows offensive. I hate him.
- That sanctimonious cunt thinks I'm going to show her and her dickhead husband the way?
Fuck dat shaaaaayeeeeet!
- It would have great if the little boy, after Nicole brought up her musical instrument and it was judged to be wrong, would have said to her "where's your Messiah now?"
- You guys don't really understand how relationships work. Sure, it's nice when people are nice or have a fun chemistry that is engaging to others. But the alchemy is that Marie is working out her unresolved issues with her father while Tim is working out his unresolved issues with his mother and together they will help each other work through these things, Marie will soften and Tim
will grow a pair and they will both grow and mature together. That's how relationships work - by accepting each other. They have the required stickiness between them.
It's not that Marie doesn't love Tim. She obviously pays attention and knows a lot about him. Their best moments were when she called back to his burgeoning musical talents - singing, piano and guitar playing - and said, "You should do this." And he trusted her and in his own words "smashed" it. She recognised his potential to achieve and he fulfilled it.
You guys deal too much with the surface of things. There's always more going on underneath. This race will bond them together. Wait until the either win or our eliminated - then they will have to define their relationship for themselves. She wants him to say "I love you despite your faults," she wants him to take care of her and when he proves he can, she will soften. I'll bet any money her father abandoned her and her mother.
On another note, Amy was stupid to help Nicole. It's a race. It will come back to haunt her.
- Sure, R453, until Tim strangles Marie.
It's all fun and psychotherapy until someone gets killed.
- I don't get the vibe that Tim and Marie were ever a real couple. She's his hag.
- I can't stand the garanimals. First we see this monkey being tortured for entertainment, then animals caged in a zoo for entertainment and see people live like in medieval times and cart around their food and know that all of them want us stoned to death and then this horrid cacophony of sound comes on with their wooden jamboree and I'm thinking who can stand this shit? When the garanimals start bouncing around about how beautiful it all is and how melodic the music is. It was like being transported back into the stone age.
- You should read a book sometime, r453, instead of watching so much reality TV. You waste a lot of analytic energy on such trifling matters. Very sad.
- I'm surprised at all of the anti-doc posts on TWOP. They seem tailor-made for the majority of that audience
- r453, how does the part where she says she wants to punch his face in fit into your little scenario?
- Not a word of thanks to Amy from either Nicole OR Travis when they got to the mat....no gratitude at all.
Haven't liked them from the beginning - hope they go SOON.
- Dr. Phil @ R453 doesn't understand that Tim and Marie don't have a relationship.
There is no justifying her hostility and demented view of the world with some "daddy" story psycho-babble gobbeldygook.
- Thank you, R461, I wanted to punch Phony Dr. Phil-ina (aka R453) in the face.
She doesn't even realize that Pinky and the No Brain broke up years ago and are NOT in a romantic relationship. They are toxic to each other. The qualities that are pushing them through each leg of this television show are the same qualities that are total relationship killers outside of this game.
Why is Barbara Bush's Beautiful Mind even reading this thread @457? It's too ~trifling~ for her towering intellect.
- Marie seems like a soft-butch lesbian to me. I wonder if that is why she and Tim ended their relationship? Do any lesbian Amazing Race fans think Marie is a lesbian? As for Tim I sometimes think he is gay, then there are times when I believe he is still in love with Marie.
- During the first two episodes of the season I didn't think much of Travis and Nicole. I thought Travis boring, and Nicole a shrew. Then they grew on me a lot. After these last two episodes, I'm starting to root against Travis and Nicole again- first the sanctimonious attitude towards Leo and Jamal for U-turning the Beards and not owning up to it. Now Nicole was a hypocrite by trying to cheat during the roadblock. Travis and Nicole have seemed to be getting a winners edit, but I hope that is misdirection.
Does anyone agree with me that Travis and Nicole should give Jason and Amy their express pass? I'm sure that if Travis/Nicole would have been eliminated if Amy had not helped Nicole.
- R464 Travis and Nicole used their Express Pass last week (which was the deadline for using it before it expired.)
- [quote]Do any lesbian Amazing Race fans think Marie is a lesbian?
WE DON'T WANT HER!
- I'm cheering for team Boston.
R460 yes she hugged Amy and said something. I don't hate the doctors but they don't need the money given their jobs.
As long as fucking Jersey doesn't win, I'll be OK. I want to see how Marie behaves if she gets this far but loses lol
- [quote] After these last two episodes, I'm starting to root against Travis and Nicole again- first the sanctimonious attitude towards Leo and Jamal for U-turning the Beards and not owning up to it. Now Nicole was a hypocrite by trying to cheat during the roadblock. Travis and Nicole have seemed to be getting a winners edit, but I hope that is misdirection.
I don't think they'll win. What I love about TAR vs Survivor is that Survivor really gives the fundie hypocrites a platform to spew their bullshit, thanks to Mark Burnett and Miss Probst.
On the other hand, TAR has always been a little bit cheeky in it's editing, and they REALLY didn't go for all the religious bs posturing, and went out of their way to illustrate the hypocrisy of the "very religious" Travis and Nicole.
The best part? SERVING up a nice slice of humble pie to the two doctors. And it was DEEEEEE-LICIOUS!
The only ones left who deserve to win are Amy and Jason and the Afghanimals. Both teams are decent people who are enjoying the race, as opposed to miserable New Jersey and doctors.
Sad to see the blondies go, because they seemed sweet and also took in the whole experience.
- R468 the ice girls were stupid as fuck though.
I can't stand Marie but at least she's not a moron.
Amy and Jason should be the fan favorites.
- [quote]WE DON'T WANT HER!
Speak for yourself!
- Show's starting at 8:50pm on the East Coast...nearly an hour late.
- It's scheduled to start at 8:30 so it's 20 minutes late.
- Damn, they have to eat cobra! I could not do it!
- Finale next week!
- Kentucky Fried Cobra
- r453 reeeeally needs to get laid.
- I'm sure Marie's had worse things in her mouth besides cobra.
- He's know gay, r463 - he's "metro".
- Travis is one fucking creepy dude.
- Like pussy, r477?
- How can someone NOT know how to boil eggs? Even if you're not sure if the time, you have to know the eggs go IN the boiling water.
- Indonesia is very beautiful.
- I've boiled hard boiled eggs before but I thought being in those hot springs would be a lot faster. Isn't the water hotter than you would have boiling on your stove?
- Dammit...non-elim leg. I can't stand the Afghanimals.
- Fuck, how hot was Tim tonight? Like one of the all time Top Ten "Racer" boys.
Still miss my Okie hottie Danny though.
I for one am glad Marie is on the race. She's great TV. In fact, it's turned out to be a pretty non-dull cast this year to my surprise.
- Both Tim and Jason made beautiful brides.
- Funny how he described eggsactly how she was trying to boil the eggs by holding them over the water. She only had to make one trip too.
"I've got cobra stuck in my teeth!"
How I loved the Afghanimals waving the white flag at the workers in the field and trying to get them to understand what they were saying.
Makeup judge was cute as he could be. Loved the little smirk when he told them it wasn't good enough.
- If that bridal consultant spoke better English, he'd have his own reality show on Bravo or Lifetime.
- I liked how Tim said he tried to pick up Jason.
- This seems to be the third cross-dressing task they have had this season -- the one with the dancing and one other I don't recall offhand.
- R483, at sea level (and not under pressure), boiling water is always 212 degrees Fahrenheit, regardless of the heat source.
- No one watched the finale? I'm glad team boston won.
- It was discussed in a different thread, R492.
- I guess I now officially believe in an afterlife, since this thread was deleted and dead, but somehow has been resurrected.
- Welcome back, thread!
But you're a little late. It's three days since the finale and I already can't remember any of the contestants.
- Since this thread was resurrected I'll post here: Does anyone know for certain what teams will be on "All-Stars" next season.
- I think the spoiler thread on TWOP probably has that information, but I don't really want to go there because they also include race spoilers.
- I hope James and Jaymes
- Since they showed previews of the next season at the end of this one, I bet it's on CBS's website, or at least the trailer is.
- [quote]Since they showed previews of the next season at the end of this one, I bet it's on CBS's website, or at least the trailer is.
Those weren't previews of the next season. They were scenes from previous seasons showing some of the more popular recent teams. It was a teaser: "Tune in to find out who..."
- It's kind of amazing that for the early seasons this show was always on the verge of being cancelled and now it seems like a permanent resident on the CBS schedule.
- Amazing Race 24 All Stars:
Read 'em and weep!
The All Star teams are reported to be.....
Margie & Luke (mother and son) from Amazing Race Season 14,
Herb & Nate (Globetrotters) from Amazing Race Season 15 & 18,
Jet & Cord (cowboy brothers) from Amazing Race Season 16 & 18,
Brendon & Rachel (married Big Brother contestants) from Amazing Race Season 20,
Mark & Bopper from Amazing Race Season 17,18.
Nadiya & Natalie (twinnies!) from Amazing Race Season 21,
Caroline & Jennifer (country singers) from Amazing Race Season 22,
Joey & Megan (YouTubers) from Amazing Race Season 22,
David & Conner (father and son) from Amazing Race Season 22,
John & Jessica (engaged) from Amazing Race Season 22, and
Leo & Jamal (Afghanimals) from Amazing Race Season 23.
- So basically, they're letting the cowboys & Globetrotters race until they win something?
- We're back BITCHES!!
- That's a good cast. Can't wait for Margie and Luke and those Twins. They were fun. I wish they would bring back Charla and Mynra!!
- Any gays on that list other than Luke? (He's the deaf guy, right?)
- Joey, r506, of Joey & Megan (YouTubers)
A fag and his hag.
His flames can be seen from space.
- Joey is not gay.
What a sd, pathetic cast. I'll be skipping next season.
- r508 = Cheryl
- I can't believe they're bringing back John of ("& Jessica"), possibly the stupidest person ever on the race He's the ONLY person ever to get eliminated WITH AN EXPRESS PASS IN HIS POCKET.
- I thought someone here insisted that bitch Marie and Jason were going to be on the All Stars.
- Why would Marie team up with Jason and not Tim?
- I fucking hate those cowboys. HATE. Wonder why the Ja(y)mes' weren't cast. Weren't they pretty popular?
- Why don't they ever ask ME to do the Amazing Race?
- Oh no! Margie and Luke! I hated them. Most of the all-stars are from the most recent seasons. I wish they could reach back a little further sometimes.
- OMG, Brendon and Horror.
- When are they going to increase the prize money? I know they had a season when they were giving away 2 million, but no one actually won it. TAR has been on over a decade and it's still a 'measly' 1 million dollar prize. I'm sure they can afford a little more by now.
- Ugh at the cowboys being back. I find them annoying.
Double ugh at the country singer girls being in the cast. They hardly qualify as all-stars.
- [quote]Oh no! Margie and Luke! I hated them
- r508 - I don't believe Joey isn't gay. He is a POS though so I am happy to ignore him.
- Just saw the lady Dr. on "Tales From the ER", TLC program
- OMG, R521, I KNEW I'd seen her before.
- 4 teams from Season 22?
[quote]Mark & Bopper from Amazing Race Season 17,18
I could have sworn they were from the Brenchel season. And they were already on two seasons? I don't think they were ever an All-Star before.
- The Afghanimals? They're the reason why I didn't watch this past season. Twinnies will make up for it, maybe. I hated them at first, but actually grew to love them. Luke was a bitchy crybaby.
- So is Tim gay or what?
- Is Tim fat? He looks fat in the face but when he was shirtless he wasn't fat at all. He is so much hotter than beaknosed Jack-in-the-Box Jason. He looks like a mix of Jeff from Big Brother and Patrick Warburton.
- I read somewhere that Jamal is now engaged or married .... JAMAL! Ditch the bitch and make the switch!
- R521 what was she like on there?
- Yes, r527, I posted in the other Amazing Race 23 thread that Jamal was engaged while taping season 23, and is now married.
- Thank heavens for marriage equality!
- Did Marie return Tim's balls after the race?
- She only returned 40% and kept the other 60%.
- I'm only now catching up on this season (a bit late, I know). I can't believe they actually went to Norway.
- Wait, wasn't Mark and Bopper on the same seasoning as Brenchal?
- Yes, Bopper and Mark were on season 20, which were also Brendon and Rachel's first season.
- For some reason, they really want a male team to win.
- Is anyone going to watch the new season? There's at least one, possibly two gays, on the new all-star. We have the cute gay and deaf Luke, and then there's the closeted youtuber Joey Graceffa.
- I need Rachel to die.
- The first episode was so-so. Not sure if I'll continue to watch next week.
- R539, I'm confused.. has the new season started already?
- R539 Uh, what? Are you watching last season now?
- I'm going to start a new thread for Season 24.
- Thanks, R542, I appreciate it.