- Luke can I have you back now?
- Yay! Welcome, Wenty! Always good when someone comes out.
I hope it inspires some of the closeted people who post here.
- Nice that he came out. Not my type but good for him. Maybe he can be more free and happy now :)
- Story in the NY Daily News...
- Only 7 years after DL got bored of discussing his gayness. YAWWWWWWN.
Besides, I haven't seen him in anything since 2009.
- That's a great way to come out! Welcome to the family, Wenty.
- But is he still fat?
- As usual, come out when your acting career is over and when you're old and lost your looks.
- He's sold a bunch of screenplays. Like 5 or 6 I think.
- Terrific. Finally! What career?
- Who is next??
- Obligatory link to one of the (many times) he fervently denied he was gay.
- His dad is a Rhodes scholar - can you imagine the family he grew up in? So what about him and Luke - I guess that's confirmed now...
- Datalounge gave the 411 on him a long time ago and regularly, so not surprised.
Congrats to Wentworth.
- [quote]He's sold a bunch of screenplays. Like 5 or 6 I think.
So what? He waited until after his acting career was over and until he was out of the spotlight. He wimped out and waited until his career moved "behind the scenes" before coming out.
So tired of people who wait until their heyday is over before they come out.
- OMG...my heart be still!
- DL meltdown in 3...2...1...RAINBOWS!
- Any day anyone comes out is a good day, R15. ESPECIALLY using it to draw attention to the horrible situation in Russia.
You can be 'so tired' and cynical, I will be happy.
- Ricky, are you ever happy? Ever?
On a different subject, who IS attending the film festival when they should be boycotting it?
- Which of the three threads on this topic should I use..hmm
How far down on the poll was he for next celebrity to come out as gay?
- Ugh, what a loser r12.
- He deffinetly lied during the hayday of Prison Break, but don't they all. Who's next? Renner? Cavill? Diesel?
- [quote]So tired of people who wait until their heyday is over before they come out.
At least Anderson Cooper came out while he was hosting 360, a talk show, and assignments on "60 Minutes." He didn't wait until his heyday is over.
- As long as they keep making F&F movies Diesel won't be coming out r22. He will come out someday though.
- Everyone knew already! He's got one of the biggest gayfaces of them all.
- This will be Henry Cavill in 10 years.
- I can't believe that people are giving him a pass after lying & saying that he wasn't gay & that he wanted to find a girlfriend & have kids. Fuck him.
- Life is too short to hold a grudge, R27. Save it for our real enemies -- the Republican Party.
- And, in other news....
- Wow, this last week played out like every gay man's dreams - Cher released a new song, Aleksander Skarsgard showed his dick on True Blood and now Wentworth Miller decided to crawl out of the closet!
- Too bad Luke has moved on.
- I love me some Wenty.. and guys.. many of you took the same route denying your gayness til you really came out. Let it go. At least he did come out, not like the thousands of other celebrities who chooses to stay in their cobwebbed closets until they die. And he did it classy too. Denouncing the GLBT oppression going on in Russia. Great for him and all of us too!
- Was Went the BI about the actor waiting until after his movie (Stoker) to come out?
- Damn. Terrible week for MY marriage prospects.
- What took him so long? I mean - what if he didn't get the invite at all? Or Russia did not adapted the anti-gay policy?
- Alex S. is uncut, not unexpectedly.
- R35, he wroted a screenplay that were produced for the picture shows.
- I HATE gays like Ricky aka R15 . They are so fucking judgmental. Dont hate because you couldnt hide the fact that you were a Judy fan at the age of 5 and couldnt escape going through the ridicule during high school.
- Jesus, R38. Judgmental? Take a look in the mirror, bub.
- Why should anyone have to hide r38? You sound like a self-loather.
- [quote]He's got one of the biggest gayfaces of them all.
lol, he has a beautiful face. I remember the never ending threads on him here, he got fat and we abandoned him. Is he still fat?
- So considering his confirmation, who else is he outing with the news?
- His career Wenty thataway.
- r42 There are still people who doubt Luke Macfarlane's gayness.
Would Vin Diesel come out to promote Riddick, or will he come out if it flops?
- Does he have a boyfriend?
- Now he has to come out as black and I'll be happy!
- Damn, so who else has the DL been right about? How can I ever doubt it again?
- lol r46!
- R46, it's all over IMDB that the boy is mixed-race. Give it a rest.
- [quote]Now he has to come out as black and I'll be happy!
He's always talked about being half-black. Why do black people always want to claim mixed folks as being all black?
- r50 Barack Obama is white. His mother was a white woman.
- Good for Wentworth. People should come out when they're ready.
- Hollywood will be silent because China and Russia are 2 countries that are the biggest international market for American movies.
- "He deffinetly lied during the hayday of Prison Break, but don't they all. Who's next? Renner? Cavill? Diesel?"
All those guys are so far in the closet that they're practically in Narnia. None of them will be coming out any time soon. They are clinging to the closet too strongly.
- [quote]Why do black people always want to claim mixed folks as being all black?
We don't, necessarily. That's just the way mixed people are seen. Not to cowtow to the "one drop" rule, but when you look at President Obama for instance, although he's light-ish skinned, you automatically think 'That's a black man.'
- This is the big question....
- R57 But the point is that someone said "Now if he'd just come out as black" when Went has said many times that he's half black. But for some black people that isn't enough and they want him to act like he's all black and totally ignore his white side.
- Does anyone remember the straight fangurls who troll here, insisting that he was straight and that any woman he was photographed with was his girlfriend? I wonder how they are taking the news...
- Okay...and here's a big FUCK YOU to the many posters who insisted that he was not gay even though he was often pictured with Luke.
- Did Matt Dallas ever come out?
- It was a joke,r49,r50!! I could care less what his race is.
- R60 Probably the same way the fangurls took it when Ricky, Clay, Lance, Neil, and all the rest of them came out. It's the same old story: Straight fangurl can't accept when the star of their wet dreams is rumored to be gay, so denies it vehemently until the celeb announces it themselves and then the fangurl moves on to obsess over the next closet case.
- He did r62. He's engaged or married.
- R62 Yes, earlier this year. And like Went, after his heyday was over and he had nothing to lose.
- [quote]Actor Luke MacFarlane Comes Out - April 16 2008
- He's a cutie.
and YES, Virginia, the stigma is FINALLY going away.
- [quote] Does anyone remember the straight fangurls who troll here, insisting that he was straight and that any woman he was photographed with was his girlfriend?
There was a fangurl on IMDB who was so determined to prove Wentworth is straight that she showed one of the pictures of Went and Luke together to her psychology professor to get his professional opinion. He told her it was possible that the two men in the photo were just friends, which she took as expert confirmation that Wentworth is straight. Wonder what she's thinking now?
- Glad to have him with us. He's hot.
- [quote]Okay...and here's a big FUCK YOU to the many posters who insisted that he was not gay even though he was often pictured with Luke.
Yes, I did...I DID insist that Wentworth Miller was straight. But, you don't have to be a bitch about it!
- "There was a fangurl on IMDB who was so determined to prove Wentworth is straight that she showed one of the pictures of Went and Luke together to her psychology professor to get his professional opinion"
I remember that! I bet the psychology professor was laughing behind her back.
- Nearly three hours since the news broke and this thread only has 72 posts. It's either Primetime or you bitches have *seriously* disappointed me. Once upon a time Wenty coming out would've crashed Mediapolis's servers...
- Clearly he was straight before he spent all that time in those prison showers.
- He needs to do a remake of "Imitation of Life." Oprah can play his mom. Or Viola.
- Honey, it's not Prime Time. The problem is that Wenty isn't really A list and probably has been. And behind the camera is calculated to generate much less interest.
-  read the post again - don´t you get the irony?
- [quote]I can't believe that people are giving him a pass after lying & saying that he wasn't gay & that he wanted to find a girlfriend & have kids.
Perhaps he wishes he *could* find a girlfriend, but can't because he doesn't find women attractive. Believe me, I know the feeling. I love women.
- Great for him.
- I'm proud of Went!
- The thing is that he was supposedly always out in his private life, but lied and lied as soon as he got the series.
CRETIN. He could have been a brave pioneer. now he's just a pathetic footnote. "Also comes out".
- R78. Does Kevin still have his new hair?
- [quote] but lied and lied as soon as he got the series.
When and where, exactly, did he lie? Weren't the interviews where he said he wanted a wife from obscure foreign publications? Is it possible that he never actually said the quotes that were attributed to him? Are there any audio/video clips of him claiming to be straight? In most of the (admittedly few) interviews I've seen with him, he avoided talking about dating and relationships altogether.
- DL is always 100% correct in its consensus on these things. Crowdsourcing provides the answer.
- Audio/video clips? This isn't a matter of national security r83.
The magazine was Germany's In Style. They're a rag, but he also didn't deny the interview.
- While it's an axiom that nature ignores a vacuum, I hope no queer pinko like Johnny Weir rises to take his place at the festival.
- Good for him to take a stand
- I don't believe it!!!
- [quote]While it's an axiom that nature ignores [sic] a vacuum, I hope no queer pinko like Johnny Weir rises to take his place at the festival.
Good work by proving you're an idiot twice in one sentence.
- Yes, let this episode be further proof that the ones we always called gay here - Jake Gyllenhaal, Seann William Scott, Henry Cavill, and Bradley Cooper - are indeed gay.
- I'm tired of the cynics and negative Nancy's tearing somebody down when they finally come out.
Yes, I'd love it if they would come out at the height of their fame or just be out from the beginning, but I'm not going to bitch about it when they finally do...especially when they do it like this, to make a point of standing up for LGBT rights and especially those who don't have a voice.
Bravo, Mr. Miller, and thank you.
- DATALOUNGE made him gay. His heterosexuality was no match for the fevered speculation, wishful thinking and merciless shade-throwing of this worlwide coven of spiteful queens.
Are you bitches happy now?
- I think Luke Macfarlane turned him gay. Went was 100% straight until he became friends with Luke. Luke introduced him to the gay lifestyle and his theater queen friends from Juilliard, and pretty soon Went started taking it up the butt.
- It's not that just didn't come out at the height of his fame. He also blatantly lied about not being gay and is now pretending to stand up for gay rights. When he lied about it before, did he not care about gay rights? When Prop 8 passed, did he refuse to go to California? He's presumably a smart guy(Princeton graduate) from a smart family(his father is a Rhodes Scholar who went to Oxford), he knows what he's doing and what really matters to him, and it's not gay rights. It's fame and attention. Or IDK maybe he's trying to right his past wrongs. Maybe he feels bad about lying and the current state of the world.
- Finally! Now come fuck the shit out of me Wentworth!!!
- Sorry R96, he's a dedicated power bottom.
- [quote]is now pretending to stand up for gay rights
Pretending? He made a major stand for gay rights with this announcement. It's not a "pretend" event. It's a real film festival. It's really Russia that's going after gays. He spoke out in a public way against Russia. It's not pretend. It's YOU who is pretending to have an intelligent thought, r95. Fail!
- Even Wikipedia has now officially allowed Wentworth to be listed as a 'gay actor':
- Chill pill r98, go have one.
- So he lied in one interview to a German rag in 2007 (but not in any interview since then)? And therefore, we're supposed to hate him forever? Meanwhile, other gay celebrities have bearded and pretended to be straight for years, yet they get a pass?
- [quote]Too bad Luke has moved on.
Did Luke break up with Went because he wouldn't come out? That was the rumor at the time.
I remember all the photos we discussed here of Went & Luke out together on a date.
- R99, they fail to list him as a sloppy bottom. Five demerits.
- [quote]Weren't the interviews where he said he wanted a wife from obscure foreign publications? Is it possible that he never actually said the quotes that were attributed to him?
Yes, I was following his career at the time, being obsessed with Prison Break. Except for a few crazies on IMDB, most of his fans, even the straight girls, accepted he was gay pretty early on and it was widely accepted that the Australian publication that quoted him as saying all that crap didn't sound anything like him and sounded like something submitted by a publicist, at best. There is no audio or video recording of Wentworth ever saying anything like it, nor has he ever repeated it. Of course he didn't address the quote (until now, I guess) - it would have brought more attention to the matter which he didn't want to do.
All other quotes that followed, including the German InStyle, were taken from the Australian interview, either directly or indirectly.
A few years ago, just after Prison Break was over, everyone on a few fan message boards speculated Wentworth would soon retire from acting for the most part and become a writer, something he had suggested he wantd to do for some time. I think he's probably much happier that way.
And, of course, I wonder what Luke thinks about it all.
- They DON'T get a pass r101. Take notes next time.
"Matt! I mean Timothy! Um, no,... sorry; Went!"
"Luke, I've come out; we can be together!"
"Um, until 4:30? I kind of have a thing."
- But R104, if it was such common knowledge that Wentworth was gay, why didn't he come out earlier? He was even photographed out on a date with Luke MacFarlane and was outed by Perez Hilton, and yet he waited until now.
Some reports even say he lost his relationship with Luke because he wouldn't come out. Seems to have taken quite a while to go through with it.
- [quote]Chill pill R98, go have one.
At least there's the possibility of getting a chill pill R100. Sadly for you and your pretending, you can't get an intelligence pill.
- Since when do print interviews not count? Knock if off with the audio/video shit, and stop being xenophobic. Foreign publication doesn't equal made up.
- Has anyone see the reaction from the fangirls?
- [quote] Even Wikipedia has now officially allowed Wentworth to be listed as a 'gay actor':
The same Wikipedia that banned anyone who tried to list Luke Evans as a gay actor (even though Luke Evans himself had said he was gay in an interview with The Advocate).
- R110, here's the link to IMDB:
- A few are coming in R110; ain't pretty.
- Miller is never going to fuck you r108, so no need to keep figuratively sucking his dick here. I didn't call you any names, and I'm not stupid because your jack-off fantasy partner is capitalizing on current events for some good publicity.
- Not made up, R109. As with the case with Neil Patrick Harris' publicist, many publicists do speak for their clients and get overzealous to the point of homophobia and closeting covering for the gay ones. And some interviews you read, especially in smaller magazines, are Q&As emailed back and forth between the actor/ the actor's people and the journalist - this is very common.
If you read that original interview, it gives almost no description of physical space at all and it's quite lengthy, so it's very likely, IMHO, that it was the case there. I recall people from Australia at the time saying the publication was a tabloid and not considered that credible, but it's been years so I don't remember. Maybe an Aussie can chime in.
[quote]if it was such common knowledge that Wentworth was gay, why didn't he come out earlier?
Well, he hasn't been very relevant for a long time and I think he's just been living his life quietly since Prison Break. He was openly gay on set the entire time he was on PB, that much I know for a fact. He's never bearded, either. Everyone I know who's ever interviewed him has said he's incredibly shy and soft-spoken. I think he's just not comfortable being in the public eye at all, and that's why he avoided drawing attention to himself.
You can (and some do) argue that he had an obligation or moral responsibility to come out right out of the gate, but I can't imagine being in his shoes and being such a shy person.
- Congratulations Wentworth!
And I hope he's big in Russia and that this news has all his russian straight fans twitching.
- The fangirls on IMDB must be devastated.
- [quote]Miller is never going to fuck you R108, so no need to keep figuratively sucking his dick here. I didn't call you any names, and I'm not stupid because your jack-off fantasy partner is capitalizing on current events for some good publicity.
Sorry R114, but I'm no fan of his because of the lies he told in the past. OTOH, he came out in a way that blasted the Russians for their homophobia.
It's the same with you. Just as he lied, you found it necessary to create a tale that he's "pretending" to stand up for gay rights. You're a liar. His announcement did show that he's now standing up for gay rights. His message to the Russians is doing more for gay rights than anything you ever have or ever will do for gay rights. So come down off the pedestal you're trying to claim with your high and mighty bullcrap about "pretending."
- Went, call me!
- [quote]He was openly gay on set the entire time he was on PB, that much I know for a fact.
Well then wouldn't it have made sense to have come out once the photos of him with Luke MacFarlane were taken?
- Ha! We got another one!!
- Fuck him. Coward.
Nobody gives a shit anymore.
He's essentially retired as an actor, and has nothing to lose (roles) and everything to gain (PR) from doing this.
- He's black. Not interested.
- half black r123....we are sort of interested therefore
- He's multi-racial.
- If Went had come out several years ago when Prison Break was still on, this thread would have had hundreds of replies by now.
- [quote] Well then wouldn't it have made sense to have come out once the photos of him with Luke MacFarlane were taken?
He and Luke were just walking around together in the photos I saw. There was nothing about that which particularly cried out to be publicly addressed. It's not as though they were making out or anything - and there are gay celebrities like Latifah who have refused to come out even after being snapped making out with their partners or in compromising circumstances.
- It was a different time. Wasn't that like a decade a go?
- even Luke wasn't out back then.
- Luke came out shortly after that.
- Lots of articles about Went tonight.
Mostly supportive comments, but quite a few anti-gay ones below:
- I'm glad he did it, but his past flat out denials are disappointing.
- There no real reason assume that Luke coming out was related to the fact that he had been photographed walking beside Wentworth, r130.
Gay celebrities don't normally come out just because they are snapped walking beside someone of the same sex who the internet speculates they are probably fucking.
For that matter straight celebirites don't usually make an effort to come forward with declarations about their relationship status just because they are snapped walking beside someone of the opposite gender. If they make a statement re such photos it is usually after being badgered and the statement is frequently some variation of "it's none of your business" and/or "we're just friends" (regardless of whether they are fucking).
- OK, so he didn't come out at the height of career, but he's still fuckable and that's what really matters
- [quote] He and Luke were just walking around together in the photos I saw.
Walking with Luke Macfarlane = gay. About a year or so before the photos of Luke and Went, there were photos of Luke walking with TR Knight, which led to speculation that TR was gay. Then Luke was photographed walking with Went, which led to speculation that Went was gay. Even though Luke wasn't very well known and hadn't yet come out himself, anyone seen walking with him was (correctly) assumed to be gay.
- [quote]I think he's just not comfortable being in the public eye at all, and that's why he avoided drawing attention to himself.
LOL, that's what they ALL say.
- Didn't Dominic Purcell also say in an interview a few years ago that Wentworth was straight, R132? It seems like there was an attempt by those on the show to hide it at the time.
- He's ballooned quite a bit. When he becomes skinny and hot again then maybe I'll care.
- R135 is correct.
Remember the other link to this story: the reason people found out about Luke being gay was because TR Knight came out after the fight on the set of Grey's Anatomy with Isaiah Washington.
Then once TR was out, they realized Luke was gay when they were seen together. And then they figured out Went was gay when he was seen with Luke later on.
- R135, Luke truly is the people's Jasmine Guy House of Bearding.
- [quote] anyone seen walking with him was (correctly) assumed to be gay.
The odds would suggest Luke has walked beside straight people in public during his life.
- Look at Zimbio's headline tonight:
[quote]Wentworth Miller Confirms He's Gay: Is His Boyfriend Luke MacFarlane? (Pics)
- I love the shit out of that letter.
- r139 celebrities seen in a pair in public routinely get speculated about. It doesn't mean they are necessarily fucking, and even if they are fucking photos don't usually result in the celebrities announcing they are fucking if they were just papped in the street casually hanging around.
- Luke MacFarlane in bed wearing skimpy black undies, legs open:
- Here's the .pdf of Wentworth's letter from the GLAAD site:
- If Wentworth had come out at the peak of his career, then maybe he, too, could have been banished to Canadian television.
- Perez outed Went & Luke back in 2007:
- Wentworth eating liquorice . . .
- Now that Luke and Went are both out, maybe their sex tape from 2007 can finally be released.
- Fangirl meltdown!
[quote]OH MY GOD this is such hard news!!!
[quote]I'm shell shocked... speechless... I guess I always had a feeling but NEVER wanted it to b e true as a fan... MAN, why did he have to do this to us? He could have gone ahead with his life without making it public. I feel betrayed:( I know I have no right over him but just... *beep*!!!
Please say something to make me feel better! I'm literally depressed now!
- Very sad but frigging hysterical r151!
- CONGRATS. Better late than never.
THANKS. If there's a thing I detest is when people say that coming out is no longer important, because it's "so 80s and out of fashion" when in reality the horrible situation we see in Russia is the rule in the great majority of states.
R84 GLAD DL is almost always correct
on these things. Sorry, fraus.
I'm not giving him a pass for his lying - I'll remember it - but I think that visibility is far more important than grudge.
- This is why I can't wait until Cavill comes out. Or Robert "RPatz" Pattinson. Or Taylor Lautner. I missed if there were any fangirl meltdowns when Bomer came out, there were already pics of him out with Simon and his kids before that so it shouldn't have been so "shocking".
- Is he Toothy Tile?
- no r155
- I'm looking forward to those guys coming out, R154. The magnitude of it on the fangirls will be far, far greater than Wentworth Miller.
- Yes, fraus prefer lies to honesty. Sad but true.
And they don't care a damn about gay rights and the situation in countries like Russia, they just want to keep on with their wet dreams.
- someone at Zimbio really likes Luke MacFarlane considering there's 3 pictures of him in an article about Wentworth Miller.
- Back in the summer of 1993, he always had a girl with him and never showed any homosexual tendencies. As someone who knew him years ago I would have to say he is most likely not gay at all. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:10, 22 December 2007 (UTC)
so now he has officially said he's gay, are you all going to take perez hilton a bit more seriously?! and realise that just cos a man has a girl on his arm, does not make him straight!! (not logged in, username tqfan) 188.8.131.52 (talk) 23:07, 21 August 2013 (UTC)
Hearsay is not valid, even if it's a multitude claiming for it. He saying it is the only valid source here for a living person. It is a good policy by the way.You could add (and reference the source) of how he himself denied being gay in that German magazine In Style, with proper encyclopedic language. --Magnvss (talk) 00:19, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
Now you know why no one is out until they're out.
- R158 most guys here would prefer to believe all hot male celebrities are gay or at least fucked some guys on a casting couch or something, so I'm not sure we're really in a position to get holier than though. Besides, how many women actually care about Wentworth and his sexuality at this point aside from some LGBT-supportive ones who will be interested mainly from a political perspective and a few crazies? As everyone has been pointing out, he doesn't look so great and he hasn't been on TV for years.
- Well, there's sure a lot of activity on his IMDB board tonight, R161. Did you check the above link? There are even a few fangirls there have meltdowns as we speak.
- [quote] There are even a few fangirls there have meltdowns as we speak.
r162 that would be the "few crazies" I spoke of.
I count one person on his imdb board who had anything that could be described as a meltdown. The other posters male and female look to be a mix of supportive, who cares?, chatting about the repercussions of coming out in Hollywood, and joking around. The "devastated" thread was started as a joke, and a gay supportive joke at that.
- Sad thing is this kind of coming out says wait until your acting prime is over and come out.
It's why Quinto and McFarlane deserve more support.
- Yeah (R164] He should have just kept lying and went to Russia to accept the award.
- Went & Luke:
- Why does every coming out threads have to be all about their fangurls?
- Interesting that this dating website has had Wentworth pegged as gay for quite a while:
- [quote] It's why Quinto and McFarlane deserve more support.
There are other out guys who deserve support too, not just the hot ones.
Focusing only on the hottest guys minimizes the contributions out gays are making in the mainstream arts, the successes they are having, and the diversity of career possibilities. It also short changes guys who came out publicly comparatively early.
- Wentworth Miller in "Popular":
- R163, you should see some of the comments on TMZ:
[quote]Wentworth Miller is GAY... Im totally, utterly D.E.V.A.S.T.A.T.E.D No offence to gay peeps, but Im one lady that wanted 2 love that man. Im so heartbroken, but I wish him the very, very best. I'll mourn silently that there will be no mini Wentworth's running around. :-(
- She's just a heartbroken wishful fangirl, no harm. You queens are heartless.
- r170 some of us don't think Quinto is hot AT ALL. He is however someone who came out playing an iconic role in a huge franchise and took a risk. Can't you acknowledge that? Or do you have such a hate-crush on Quinto you're bitter about it?
Instead of being so hostile and argumentative why don't you do something positive like say who's deserving support?
- r172 have you looked at TMZ comments prior to this? The people who comment there are all pathetic freaks or trolls. Nobody there can be expected to have anything rational to say about anything ever.
- What is so rationale or mature about making fun of the heartbroken fans, it's normal for someone in love but discover that the person she's in love plays for another team...let them mend their ways and you childish queens are no better trolls.
- 1. What R32 wrote.
2. I'll take Wentworth, chubby or not.
3. Why didn't I ever watch POPULAR? That clip (and another I watched) were hysterically OTT (and Wentworth was so much fun playing that role).
- You think it's normal for someone to take it personally that they can't be with a t.v. star they don't even know?
- r174 my comment was in no way saying Quinto was undeserving of support. I just said others are ALSO deserving of support who are ignored all the time out of superficiality which is bad for the reasons mentioned. Maybe you weren't influenced by superficial factors in singling out those two guys alone, but if you weren't you are a rarity on this forum.
- You think it's normal for someone to take it personally that these handsome stars have opposite sex admirers R178?
- No surprise coming from TMZ, but what an idiot. She doesn't realize that gay men can have biological children?
R176 is a troll or a dimwitted fangurl.
- 'MORA' on TMZ:
[quote]oh wow.... I didn't expect this. I was aware of the rumors of him being gay, but I didn't believe them to be true. My gaydar usually functions really well- this one just blew my mind.
- [quote]Why didn't I ever watch POPULAR? That clip (and another I watched) were hysterically OTT (and Wentworth was so much fun playing that role).
I wonder if Wentworth has that nasty, bitchy side in real life? When you read the letter he sent to Russia today, it kind of has those snarky undertones . . .
- r167 Because many DL posters see women as competition(or at least the enemy), and they see the coming out of hot male entertainers as a poke in the eye of women.
- [quote]is a troll or a dimwitted fangurl.
If you are so smart then why are you so invested with his fangurls more than himself coming out as one of your family?
- [quote] You think it's normal for someone to take it personally that they can't be with a t.v. star they don't even know?
As opposed to someone going over the moon with glee about strangers they don't know even by face or name being possibly maybe crushed at the thought of the impossibility of being with a tv star none of them know personally?
- r186 LOL !!!
- Oh, come on r186, don't be a spoilsport.
- That fat old cunt Elaine Kaufman once said gays "are a thankless lot."
After reading this thread, one wonders....
- [quote]Wentworth Miller On Ellen Interview (2006)
- r184 lives own their own planet
- Just gonna repeat what I said in the other thread.. glad he came out, although I wish he had come out sooner. Typical of him to wait until he basically has no career. That said, better late than never. Good for him!
- Is it actually worth watching r190?
- coming out is so gay
- Depends on what you get out of it, I guess, R193.
In the clip he talks about how he got a rash from hugging Dominic Purcell and getting his makeup all over him.
And then at the 2 & a half minute mark or so Ellen jokes about his dog & cat allergies and that women who want him will have to get rid of their pets. . .
Just kind of interesting seeing a gay man and a lesbian talking about his appeal to women and most of the cheering chicks in the audience being none the wiser . . .
- r179 appreciate the balance, thanks ... that said Quinto came to mind because he is the highest profile star to come out, and when his star fades as most straight and gay stars do, there will be people who say his coming out kept him from being a bigger star.
McFarlane came to mind because he's all over his thread.
I was making a quick post, not a strategic list. Sam Barnett and Ben Whishaw are actors I admire but there are people who find them attractive too -- but they didn't leap to my mind because they're not Americans who made a choice to come out in the midst of a big Hollywood turn -- it's not what they're interested in.
The truth is this is less of an issue with actors who are not stars, who would rather be out than lie for a career. Quinto is a good test case, like McKellen (but without as much proven talent) -- but he's in a big Hollywood franchise and has a chance to do well. If he succeeds it debunks the claim that being closeted means success.
- R166, wonder if they'd still be together if he had come out sooner. They were obviously dating, and rumor has it they were serious too. I know Luke came out for personal reasons. His father died and he just wanted to be honest. Gotta admire that. Went on the other hand wasn't ready/was too scared to come out. It costed him a relationship, but it was his decision.
- [quote]Quinto came to mind because he is the highest profile star to come out,
- Neil Patrick Harris:
[quote]Well done, Wentworth Miller. Bravo.
- Luke didn't have a career when he came out. (and remember how he tried to go back in and was reouted once the Sally Field Program picked up his option)
don't worship false idols!!!!!!!!!!
- Thanks for posting that, R151. I just have to ask.. are the fangirls totally clueless, in denial, or just plain stupid? He was seen out and about with Luke, who came out. What did they think they were doing? How can they be this clueless? Did they just ignore all the rumors (that actually had some truth to them, compared to all the other gay celebrities here on DL), did they just ignore him hanging out with Luke? I'm baffled. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who has eyes, yet it comes as a shock to these girls. Damn.. no wonder Hollywood closet people all the time, and are successful at it too. Truth is people are dumb and will believe everything they see and hear. They just can't think for themselves.
- DL is almost always right on these closet cases and I don't understand why fraus come here to comment.
- He has a pretty mouth.
- for years my thread that he he majored in English therefore he was gay lingered on IMDB. The abuse heaped at it was amazing. It is gone now sadly, they only go back a few years.
- Don't you want the fraus know what DL think of their crushes R202?
You mindless frau-hater.
- Wentworth Miller was trending earlier on Twitter. Lots of discussion about him tonight.
And as I linked above, Neil Patrick Harris sent out a congratulatory Tweet.
If you read r205 you can understand why fraus - not women - are not well accepted on DL.
I think it's a mix of "totally clueless, in denial, or just plain stupid" and add arrogant and rude like r205 and you obtain the right portrait of the worst kind of frau.
- [quote]I wonder if Wentworth has that nasty, bitchy side in real life?
I don't know about nasty, but he definitely can be sarcastic.
I tend to think of the fraus getting hysterical and gnashing their teeth and wailing because an obvious and long-rumored gay dude has come out as the Internet equivalent of those mouth breathers on the nightly news who rush in front of a camera to give their unsolicited melodramatic opinion on the latest drama for 30 seconds of media attention.
None of those women are losing any sleep tonight over Wenty, I guarantee it. But they got a little more attention on the Internet tonight than they otherwise would have, thanks to him.
- Someone's talking about "rude"...
- [quote]He has a pretty mouth.
Do you think Went is a good cocksucker?
- I think better late than never. So good for Went.
I also think it's worrying that anyone - gay, straight, fangurl, fanboy, frau - gets so heavily invested in a celeb that they'd take that celeb's sexuality as a personal crisis. That doesn't stop me laughing at the meltdowns though. Mea maxima etc.
I can't imagine the future being rosy for coming out though. Not when a movie's gross proportion is 60-70% international and growing and the level of anti-gay noise from so many countries is also growing (together with the purchasing power in those countries).
- Ace Showbiz tried to out Went & Luke in this article back in August 2007:
[quote]Wentworth Miller Goes Public with His Gay Boyfriend
August 28, 2007
Wentworth Miller and his reported boyfriend Luke McFarlane have been spotted spending a romantic day together over the weekend.
What is happening in Russia and other countries is more important than the incomes of closet gays.
- R213 - of course it is!
I didn't mean to imply otherwise. What I meant was that the pressure from the studios and assorted moneymen to remain closeted will only increase as the proportion of income from films from anti-gay countries grows. As we all know, moneymen only give a shit about money, not about gay rights, gender rights, racism, religion or anything else.
- R213 - here's an example. Pacific Rim, which I have read being decried as a flop on many US-based boards. It's much LESS of a flop outside the States. Box Office Mojo is saying 75% of its income is international. In that environment, do you think pressure on gay actors to keep quiet will ease or increase?
- But isn't opposition to gays going down? Just look at all the changes that have occurred in America since Bush's re-election in 2004.
- [quote]Twitter search 'Wentworth Miller NOOO' is equal parts hilarious and depressing
- Look at this article from The Guardian in 2007:
[quote]Will someone please marry Wentworth Miller?
[quote]Prison Break's Wentworth Miller reveals that he's keen to settle down with a family.
Perhaps having had a sneak preview of Iain Duncan Smith's report on the marvels of marriage - and the fiscal benefits that should be rained down on those entering into, and remaining in, wedlock - Prison Break's Wentworth Miller reveals that he's keen to settle down with a family.
"A wife and kids is definitely something I'm looking forward to experiencing in the very near future," he says of the prison-plans body tattoo and voice so lovely it makes you a bit warm downstairs.
As rumour has wreathed around Miller in the manner of Hollyoaks actresses and Manchester United footballers, this admission of his marital aspiration is something of a relief. Most of said speculation has concerned his nipples and how spooky it is that they were exactly where the drains were in the prison, and so could be flawlessly incorporated into the tattooed schematic. Some, though, has focused on his sexuality.
Happily, then, any thought of man-on-man action involving Wentworth is but a figment of fevered imaginations and can be banished to the darker corners of the internet where slash fiction festers. IDS will surely be delighted that Miller wants to experience a wife and kids. Of course, the question is, whose?
- r 202, plenty of posters, not all of them fraus (fat or otherwise) are jeered at for their "wishful thinking" when speculating about an actor's sexuality.
- said the frau
- I suspected that Wentworth was gay, and I'm glad he felt that now is the time to publicly come out in opposition to those draconian and inhumane laws in Russia. Yes, it was an open secret that he was gay, and he said things in the past about a heterosexual lifestyle, but give the guy a break as it surely was something he HAD to say.
I think overall, the response has been great, but the comments from homophobes, silly girls/women who delusionally felt they had a chance with him, and holier than thou gays who tear down anyone who doesn't walk the earth with a Pride flag, have all been their usually cruel selves.
I wish Wentworth all the best, and I wonder if he and Luke are still together.
- He didn't HAVE to say those lies, he chose to do it.
- He has a warm, moist, hairy, slightly salty and delightful anus
- [quote]Didn't Dominic Purcell also say in an interview a few years ago that Wentworth was straight, [R132]? It seems like there was an attempt by those on the show to hide it at the time.
Yep! Dominic even said he was trying to find some women to set Wentworth up with! LMAO!
- Musky scents waft from Wentowrth's anus like the aroma of exotic spices from a blue-tiled Morrocan bazaar.
He WAS definitely lying.
- He wrote Stoker, which I loved. Apparently he also had some sort of prequel screenplay about the character Charlie that he has also sold. Hope it gets made with Matthew Goode in the role again.
- I can't stop reading this site! To think I stumbled over it at about 11:30pm EST. Yay! I've been online for a good chunk of that time.
I was dying to find a place to converse with intelligent, hilarious bitches (all from a good place mind you). I haven't laughed this hard since my friend introduced me to 'Mommy Dearest' and some stellar good wine; all at noon, no less. Thank God for the gay man, without them life would be so fucking boring.
- Oh wait...I thought he was fucking MiMi? He was so not-gay in her 'We Belong Together' video.
- He didn't give the interviews, his publicists did. It's part of the old Hollywood game. Is it right? No. Should he have come out sooner? Perhaps. But his coming out now is still significant. Think of where Hollywood was 20 years ago and where it will be 20 years from now. It's all progress, and I'm not going to fault him; rather, I'm going to congratulate him and celebrate the environment this will hopefully create for future generations. It's time the world stopped acting as if being 'gay' is such a big deal that it warrants this much derision and attention. Homosexuality exists. Let it.
How do you know it was his publicist? And even in that case, he agreed with him so he agreed with the lying.
- Wake me up when a film actor comes out!
- Someone needs to do some photoshops of Putin having gay sex and post it all over the Internet. That would be tremendous!
- R231, did you miss the part where I said it was part of the old Hollywood game? Of course publicists give the responses to questions such as that.
- R233 people like you and those who send dildos in the mail make gays look like perverts.
No wonder Russia thinks gays are all and only about sex.
- But was he also responsible for that or not? Was he part of the game or not? You can chose, that's my point.
- Then you don't get the meaning of my post, R231. Yes, he chose. It was probably felt by him and his managers that his as well as the jobs of maybe a few hundred people depended on the secrecy. By coming out, even now, he helps break down barriers that will hopefully dismantle those old Hollywood games. Look at actors from even 20 years ago who were rumored to be gay, but have never come out. Hell,, look at the ways guys such as Chad Allen got dragged out. Now we have some pretty mainstream actors standing up. To me, that's progress. It should only get better, maybe even to the point where you don't have to play the games.
- Wenty's attempted kissing scenes with Sara Tancredi should have been proof enough. I can't believe the fan girls thought that was realistic. Much hotter were his scenes with Dominic Purcell, Peter Storemare, the Hispanic guy, and even T-Bag.
- Next one will be Matthew Rhys. Mark my words.
- r221 Yes! Thank you! I am with you 110% on that! How can the negative nancys' in this thread expect anyone to embrace and accept the gay community when you cannot do it yourselves with all of its successes and struggles? And to think of how many straight people support the GLBT community when some of you bash how others come out! Many people lie about their gayness.. I am sure many of the critics here have as well. Get over it. you expected everyone in your life to do just the same when you came out. I need "pirin" tablet now.
- Let's be honest: fraus are so aggressively in denial about Hollywood actors because, outside of Hollywood, 90+% of hot men ARE straight. When a straight woman goes to a bar with "her gays" she can rest assured that any hot guy there will be checking out her, not her gay male friends. That is the context for how straight women view the world.
Only in Hollywood is there this high concentration of attractive gay men.
As I said in one of my previous post.
"CONGRATS. Better late than never.
THANKS. If there's a thing I detest is when people say that coming out is no longer important, because it's "so 80s and out of fashion" when in reality the horrible situation we see in Russia is the rule in the great majority of states.
[R84] GLAD DL is almost always correct on these things. Sorry, fraus.
I'm not giving him a pass for his lying - I'll remember it - but I think that visibility is far more important than grudge"
But that doesn't change the fact that he lied and he was responsible for it.
- [quote]my comment was in no way saying Quinto was undeserving of support. I just said others are ALSO deserving of support...
Names R179! Give a list of a dozen or so names who aren't getting support. Give us a chance to show our support. Many of us will be willing to do so. Just give us a list of names.
- Coming out is so passe',
- said the snob frau
- It was obvious. I am glad he came out and wish all the best.
- Glad he stopped denying at last.
It was so silly!
- [quote]He didn't HAVE to say those lies, he chose to do it.
You don't know if he was pressured by agents, manager, p.r. directors, etc. to pretend to be straight, r222. We may have to wait for his bio in 20 years to find out about that.
It could have meant the difference between having a high-paying job and being unemployed or in a job with low pay.
Reactions from some of those silly fangurls clearly show why his people would have wanted him to deny being gay at a time when the money was rolling in.
He's out now, and it offered him a great opportunity to bash the Russians while standing up for gay rights. It's a good thing.
- [quote] It was obvious.
- R248, i disagree with you. Read my post R242.
- R235=Russian dumbass. You'd never believe it, but at one time Americans thought of Russians as smart people. Since Putin came along, it's been clear that Russians are dumber than your average dog.
- As much as Perez Hilton sucks now, back when he actually gave real gossip and outed people, he outed Wentworth back around 2007. This is just one more example of how Perez was NEVER wrong about any of the people he outed.
He also outed Henry Cavill (before Henry was well known and before Perez started "inning" people), and the fact that once more a person Perez said was gay has indeed turned out to be true makes me believe HC really is gay.
- R251: there is NO need to insult your average dog!
- R151 One more reason to stay away from IMDB - the fangurls are DELUSIONAL!
- R251 you do know putin is growing russia's economy and making the country a better place right?
Russia is an orthodox country so lets just be happy gays can live without arrest like in islamic countries.
And yes, antics with dildos are embarrassing and show gays have no class or self awareness and is making things worse for gays in russia.
- R256, what the fuck are you talking about? They are advocating arrest.
- Dumb ass [r3] who gives a flying fuck if he's your type?
- [r15] We're taking up a collection for the surgery to remove your head from your ass.
- Does he have a boyfriend?
- [quote]antics with dildos are embarrassing and show gays have no class or self awareness and is making things worse for gays in russia.
Gays in Russia were sending him dildos, R256. How awful that they would take part in a protest against the leader of that great nation.
Let's all send flowers to Vladimir Putin today and, there's not the slightest doubt, tomorrow he'll repeal the draconian laws that subject gays to arrest and prison in Russia.
- The gays assembled when Putin visited the Netherlands. There were Pride flags and colors all over Amsterdam.
- R261 I half expect that picture to break out singing, "Wilkommen, bienvenue, welcome ..."
- [quote]Of course publicists give the responses to questions such as that.
Yes publicists will often give those answers. You're right. But the question is why are they doing so? That's what people don't like. They feel the actor should step in on an issue like that. It's not just some minor issue about a publicist confirming the date of a movie premiere.
- That assumes, R264, that actors aren't commodities. They are.
- As an actor, he had a responsibility to the people who earn their living by working with him. Coming out to fans is way down the list of responsibilities. His coming out at this time and in this manner is a nice slap at the homophobic Russians.
- But when publicists go too far, the actors can step in, R265. That's what Neil Patrick Harris did a few years ago when his publicist denied NPH was gay. He corrected the record and said he was!
- Anyone reading IMDB tonight?
'Ice Wine', one of the most prominent IMDB 'Went is Straight' posters, is having a meltdown and posting page-long rants about it. Here's one of them:
[quote]My Statement About Went
Feel like I should make a statement about Went's coming out!
Yes, my sources told me he was straight. Yes, all my high profiled people said he was into women. Clearly he was lying to them or maybe to himself for awhile.
Some of the trolls and gays here are gloating. Sure their "guess" came true, but that was all it was - NOBODY here ever had any REAL proof he was gay, nobody here knew him or even knew people who knew him - it was all gut feeling or guess or gaydar. So in this case, their guess came true.
Big deal, no need to insult the fan girls. The fan girls mostly believed him.
I believed my sources - plenty of whom have been texting and emailing me - and i've been away the last 2 days for an event and kept getting soooooooooooo many messages telling me of Went's news and ALL who got in touch with me were shocked despite some of them knowing and meeting Went. Clearly Went is not honest with a lot of people. I can't help that. None of us can.
Also, I don't agree that he should punish the St Pete's film fest - this is very wrong and narrow minded of him. Sure, by all means, admonish Russia, make a statement, whatever, but he didn't have to punish a private film festival who had nothing to do with Russian laws. As someone who works in events management, i find this move revolting and short sighted of Went.
Finally, yes him coming out will affect his ACTING career - i don't want dummies pointing out his writing career which will remain unaffected - and unless he wants to do comedy, he won't get a leading role in anything non-comedic.
Then again, Went isn't really leading role material - he's a B lister at best, sliding fast and furiously into the D set. So i think his decision to come out now is because he knows he's not gonna be leading man stuff. Seems to be disappearing into the background so maybe that's why he thought it was a good time to come out.
In any case, he's so invisible the last few years that really he has put his career into a tail spin all himself, way before he came out this week.
- Is Wentworth still dating Tyron Leitso?
- I wonder if he's slept with a black man before.
- R268 thanks for the good laugh.
At least she's honest, unlike other fraus that when an actor is in the closet say that the rumours are unfounded and then when the actor comes out, they say they already knew.
They don't want to admit they've been fooled.
- I don't know if she's being honest as much as acting like a woman scorned who all of a sudden turns on the object of her affection. She rakes him through the coals. What happened to all the love?
I'm only sorry I wasn't part of the discussion groups she claims simply took a wild guess on Went's sexuality, because no one knew him or knew for sure. I knew him from his college/singing group days, and I could have set her straight (pardon the pun).
Very proud of him and she can go finger herself.
- R270, Miller is part black.
- Why do so many fraus and teenies hang out on IMDB?
Most are fucking crazy!
- What does that have to do with sleeping with a black man?
Anyway, that fan girl is a hoot, R268. You just know she was adamant about his straightness, and now she's probably angry she wasted her time. It should be a lesson to her, and others, about investing time in complete strangers.
Hoenstly, though, who could not see the gay is strong in this one.
- R274 I don't know, but it's scary how delusional they are. I quit going to the boards on that site because it's so creepy.
- r273 just because he's part black doesn't mean he's had a black lover.
- r277, at first I thought you had written "just because he's part black doesn't mean he's had a black all over" which would have probably been funnier.
- Exactly R277. Being part black means that he's probably hung like a mule
- But when I fantasized about him I actually FELT him. We had a psychic connection. He may not have known what was causing that buzz in his pants, but it was the energy from my heart and frenzied Vaseline fingers with my pillow as the conduit. My clit is the telegraph button to his soul.
- R275 I agree with you. I'm always surprised by the amount of time and feelings these fraus invest and waste on a total stranger (especially a closeted one who's always "acting"). I can understand the silliness of a teenager but a grown-up woman? No way.
- lol @ the IMDB frau!
What a complete looser. Servers her right for being such a cunt over the years.
IceWine and her frau-friends have shit-pies in their faces now.
- Wow, IceWine is as homophobic as she is clueless
- Ice Wine is psychotic, and always has been. At least she's getting the punch in the cunt she's always deserved with this news.
- R83, he most definitely lied about it. There was a video clip of him on E! Canada where he said, on film, that he "wanted a wife and kids some day." He became more glass closeted after Luke, but he definitely lied about it beforehand. He’s come out now when his career is behind the camera, and will not be negatively affected by him coming out. Better late than never, of course, but this is hardly courageous.
- Oh my sides!
Ice[cunt]Wine keeps insisting she had real "sources" telling her he was straight.
- [quote]There was a video clip of him on E! Canada where he said, on film, that he "wanted a wife and kids some day."
He meant a MALE wife and kids.
- Fuck Wentworth. He is a total hypocrite! He has given so many interviews about characteritics he likes in a 'woman'.. honesty.. integrity and he has none!
I notice he took the money and set himself up before he came out. He is so brave to do it when he has a fading acting career and little to lose because he is a screenwriter..
While I appreciate that it is his business, to full on lie when he knows he does not like girls and called Perez Hilton a liar is bullshit.
I wonder if he is going to acknowledge calling Perez a liar?
- Did he really called Perez a liar?
- I don't think Miller ever actually referred to Perez directly, but his "wife and kids" comments effectly called Perez a liar when he was telling the truth.
- [quote]Fuck Wentworth. He is a total hypocrite!
Aside being out, what are your contribution for the cause? Fuck YOU.
- r292 I'm not famous fuckwit so you can get fucked!
And it does not change the fact he is a hypocrite. He has only come out now he has nothing to lose.
He is only making a contribution at his convenience, not that he is putting himself out and coming out to make a stand and a pro-gay statement. It is no great sacrifice for him. It suits his agenda, NOW.
Whereas before he vehemently denied has was gay.
I don't need to make a contribution to see a hypocrite. I don't have to make a contribution to prove a point to slow minded people like you.
I believe if you don't want to tell people your business you are entitled to your secrets and privacy. BUT, Don't lie about what you are and then expect people to run and embrace you when you were hiding your sexuality all along so you could get fame and wealth. He clearly was not gay and proud when there was money to and career aspirations to be had.
- it's possible that he had to lie because of a morals clause in his contract. and now he doesn't have to.
- Who says non-famous don't need to make a contribution? Still fuck YOU.
- r293 you're right that could be the case, however, he was happy to sign and deny
Like when mariah carey denied she had any black heritage to oprah winfrey. vehement denial, then when she wanted to change direction and get in with the black audience.. all of a sudden she was proud to announce she did, in fact, have black heritage...
I won't buy her music.
- If that were the case, R293, he could have come out when Prison Break ended. Four years ago.
- r294 okay. let me spell it out to you because you clearly are retarded and do not understand sub-text.
I do not need to make a contribution to the cause to make my comment right. I did not say I have not or will not.
Is that clear enough for you?
- He's out finally, so fuck you.
- No thanks, I prefer people with an IQ larger than their shoe size. So that rules you out fucktard!
- Girls, girls, you're both a pain in the ass.
- r301 just not wents ass ;)
- Shut the fuck up r292. Are you saying you would like Wentworth if he didn't come out? You can't have it both ways you jackass! Your kind are the reason it takes these guys so long to come out. You are a hateful bitch that shoots down any progress in the gay community. I hope someone plays a reel of all the hypocritical statements you have made in your life, not that anyone cares that much about you. I bet you were one of the main trolls that bashed him for not coming out when the threads on him were popular here.
- r302 BING BONG Betty time for your meds...
- What is r266 going on about? Wentworth had the responsibility to hide his gayness so he and his costars would remain employed?
- "Ice Wine" sounds less like a delusional fan girl than a vindictive PR operative who has seen all of her -- his? -- hard work defending Wentworth Miller's "straightness" go down the the tubes. She doesn't express any affection or concern towards him, except to sneer the insult that must come from every agent and PR hack in Hollywood when an actor threatens to come out: you're plunging straight to the D-List, baby!! Of course, she's furious with him; she's the one who who had to go out there, day after day, and "lie" for him, assuring the masses that he was straight. And so she (or he), in that creepy, clever PR hack way, now harps on how Wentworth was the dishonest one, lying to "her," deceiving the public about his sexuality. Notice how quickly that idea was picked up by DL; for all we know she came over here to push it. After all, if your job is controlling how the public perceives actors (maybe they call it something like "public sexuality management"), you can't have them coming out whenever the hell they want, can you? No, you can't; a little punishment may be in order.
- Beth, why are you providing a link to this vey thread?
You may be up to something there. She always came across as a pitbull, very defensive either way. She could easily have been one of those PR plants that IMDB is famous for.
Well that's what she gets for being such a bitch!
- But he DID lie, r305. How can you deny it?
- [quote]But he DID lie
Oh please, so did Elton, Ellen, Ricky, Sir Ian, Richard C., Jodie, and many others at some point in their PUBLIC careers, in order to continue their enterprise and those affected by it operating, I suppose. Hopefully there will be less and less of this as society becomes more enlightened, but give it a fucking rest already! EVERY PUBLIC FIGURE, from CEO's to politicians, from celebrities to journalists, lies at some point. It's a sad fact. The guy is out now, end of story.
- [quote]But the point is that someone said "Now if he'd just come out as black" when Went has said many times that he's half black. But for some black people that isn't enough and they want him to act like he's all black and totally ignore his white side.
r59, Very few people of any race would refer to Wentworth Miller as "black" because of his appearance . It is right for people like Barack Obama and Halle Berry to self-identify as black because that is how a stranger on the street would describe them without checking their genetic history. Wentworth, on the other hand, looks mostly white with white features (skin tone, hair, eyes). Unlike Obama, he probably doesn't have stories of people crossing the street to avoid him or being followed around in stores. So, I'd classify him as "white", culturally even.
[quote] "My father is black and my mother is white. Therefore, I could answer to either, which kind of makes me a racial Lone Ranger, at times, caught between two communities"
Be that as it may be, he's played mostly white roles because of his appearance and that's how he's seen by the public.
- [quote]Yes, let this episode be further proof that the ones we always called gay here - Jake Gyllenhaal, Seann William Scott, Henry Cavill, and Bradley Cooper - are indeed gay.
Add John Travolta, James Franco, Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron, Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney. When Gyllenhaal comes out, this picture will bumped as "couldn't you tell?" evidence.
- [quote]"Ice Wine" sounds less like a delusional fan girl than a vindictive PR operative who has seen all of her -- his? -- hard work defending Wentworth Miller's "straightness" go down the the tubes.
Hadn't thought of it that way before, but it may be true.
- R311, that one pings off the charts, explodes fireworks, and starts a 3-alarm blaze.
- R295 that is completely false! Never happened. Mariah was known to be mixed race from the moment she hit the scene and NEVER publicly denied it. Not to Oprah or anyone else
- So sad. You know, every gay person has lied or misled or omitted regarding our gayness at some point. We do it for our protection and safety, and possibly, our livelihood.
Miller deserves support and maybe even praise for coming out. At the very least he deserves compassion. Everyone is not the same. We're not all strong enough to weather instant rejection from family, friends and colleagues. Let alone the real possibility that ALL of your professional prospects could disappear.
Some of the comments here are so lacking in decency and empathy that it makes me feel like I "want a wife and kids" someday, too.
- A fangirl admits she was wrong about Went:
[quote]I know many of you are having a good laugh at my expense with this news
My gaydar must be made in China because I was totally punched in the chest by this shocking news.
I was shocked because Went always came across as an honest man; a unicorn in Hollywood. He clearly stated in several interviews that he wasn't gay.
I sympathize with the pressures he must have faced to establish and protect his career. He is free to be who he is and share or retain info about his private life. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Having said that, I feel like a COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOT. Having jumped to his defense on various boards and attended church services at the FCOWM during work hours no less (the old-timers know what I'm talking about...lol), I feel like a loser fool. I don't regret the drooling over his looks and admiring his talents, but I do regret the time wasted over the years and long, unpaid hours as a "rumor patrol" debating with "trolls" who maintained that he was gay. Turns out, my fellow defenders and I were the real trolls.
I want to apologize to all the people I blacklisted on this board because they kept harping about his gayness.
Let this be a lesson to me ----> Never let your guard down or make an exception for any celebrity by putting him/her on a pedestal. We all have secrets (celebrities just happen to have more due to the nature of their business). There is no such thing as a perfect hetero man. That species only exists in female minds!!!!!!!!!!!!
- What about Hugh Jackman, John Travolta, Ryan Seacrest, Bradley Cooper, Leonardo DiCaprio etc? When are they coming out? Wentworth is a nobody!!!
- [quote]James Van Der Beek
[quote]I kind of love Wentworth Miller schooling the Russian government on how real men respond to discrimination
- JVderB is a happily married man and a father to boot.
- Liam Hemsworth better be next. Drag Miley out of the closet with you.
- miley is bustn herself out the closet.
- If Hemsworth is gay, he ain't coming out anytime soon. His career is at its outset.
Maybe James Franco?
- Thanks R316, that's another good laugh.
Nice to see that this frau realizes what "a complete and utter idiot" she was.
- [quote]Wentworth Miller: I'm Gay, Russia Sucks (VIDEO)
- The current reaction on Twitter:
[quote]Wentworth Miller from prison break is gay and I'm completely heartbroken and that's a understatement
- [quote]Wentworth miller is gay.... my life is over
- [quote]I cried when I found out
- LOL, He sucked my dick and I sucked him and ate his ass at a party in the Hollywood Hills back in '09.
- Details please, R328.
Describe his cock.
How did his ass taste?
What kind of party was this? Who else was there?
How did the evening end?
Thanks in advance.
- His poor fans are rather pathetic. I do not know whether they realize that he isn't married to them and no, the fact that he has tried to revive his non-existent career by casually "coming out" now that he is completely irrelevant, doesn't mean that he has been cheating on them with every man who crossed his path. He is an actor, girls. He gets paid to play roles (and lie for the sake of publicity). The only time he makes sweet love to you, is in your dreams.
With that said, I don't get why we should welcome him with open arms into our community. He constantly denied being gay and always tried to distance himself from anything that had to do with homosexuality. His coming out is just as opportunistic as Ricky Martin's, who curiously decided to "be honest" about his sexuality days before his autobiography was going to be released. Apparently, coming out is every washed up former heartthrob's way to give his ailing career a second wind.
Opportunistic liars aren't exactly what we should identify with, to be honest.
- Thanks Miss High and Mighty R331, you who is out to every living being who crosses your path and has never told a lie.
- said the frau, who doen't want her dreams being spoiled by coming outs.
- Here's the piece from 2007 by Perez Hilton outing Went & Luke. He sure turned out to be right on this one:
Very very good sources reveal exclusively to PerezHilton.com that Prison Break hottie Wentworth Miller is dating fellow yummy actor Luke McFarlane.
Many of you may remember McFarlane from his brief stint as T.R. Knight's boyfriend or from his role on the ABC show Brothers & Sisters. And you know Wenty, of course, from your wet dreams.
"Wentworth and Luke have been secretly dating for almost six months now," says an impeccable source close to the pair.
"They've been very quiet about their relationship, obviously, as Wentworth is not out of the closet." Things between the pair are so serious that the couple are talking about moving in together, we hear.
"They spend a lot of time at each other's houses," says our mole. "Wentworth has been pretty reclusive since he's become famous and he's been even more of a shut-in since he started dating Luke."
The pair are so close that McFarlane has even accompanied Miller to Asia to film some recent commercials and adverts, our source tells us. "Wentworth's become very difficult to work with," a Fox insider adds. "He's been cutting back immensely on the amount of press he's doing for Prison Break. He's very nervous about reporters asking him if he's gay."
Don't be afraid of the truth, Wenty. It shall set you free!
P.S. Don't they look like they could be brothers? Gay men - such narcissists.
- I miss the old, good Perez.
- [quote]Add John Travolta, James Franco, Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron, Leonardo DiCaprio and George Clooney. When Gyllenhaal comes out, this picture will bumped as "couldn't you tell?" evidence.
Please don't hate me, I just don't think Leo is gay. John Travolta, James Franco, Zac Efron.. all possible. Taylor Lautner is obviously gay. George Clooney.. maybe. But Leo? Heck no. He's a womanizer. Just my opinion.
- [quote]So sad. You know, every gay person has lied or misled or omitted regarding our gayness at some point. We do it for our protection and safety, and possibly, our livelihood.
Miller deserves support and maybe even praise for coming out. At the very least he deserves compassion. Everyone is not the same. We're not all strong enough to weather instant rejection from family, friends and colleagues. Let alone the real possibility that ALL of your professional prospects could disappear.
Some of the comments here are so lacking in decency and empathy that it makes me feel like I "want a wife and kids" someday, too
It is a popular way to make one feel good about him/herself.
- [r292] He didn't have to come out now at all. What you seem to ignore is that he came out with a purpose by sticking it to the Russian Government.
- Are there any pics of Wentworth's father? I;m assuming the father is only half black himself.
- [quote]Please don't hate me, I just don't think Leo is gay.
I honestly don't think he is either (and I'm a gay male with good gaydar that is almost never wrong).
- He's not still with MacFarlane, is he?
- [r340] The point is whether you believe someone is or isn't no need to turn it into a strident mission to prove it one way or the other. Unless Leo is a close relative or friend it's all academic. If he is 'twould be a great thing for him to come out. If he isn't, well, then he isn't. It's not as if he is about to ask any of us out ;)
- Funny how Dominic Purcell is now talking about "how proud he is" of Wentworth coming out even though he also took part in Went's lies while he was in the closet. He used to say he was trying to find women to hook Went up with *roll eyes*.
Just goes to show not to believe any of this Hollywood shit.
- What a hypocrite.
- R343, why so bitter, Miss Perfect?
- He's not bitter, he's just stating the facts.
- This may all be a publicity stunt, a la Anne Heche. Two years from now he might say he was just "confused" and is actually straight.
- [r347] Anne is certifiable.
- R343 raises a valid point. Have any of the reporters asked Purcell why he claimed Wentworth was straight?
- Yet another new thread at IMDB today:
All jokes aside, Wentworth Miller revealing that's he gay really shocked me to the core. I was left utterly speechless because I've loved this guy since he was in Prison Break. He was one of the only reasons I watched that show and I was in high school at that time. With the buzz cut hair and beautiful sea green eyes. He was dreamy and a talented actor.
He's been keeping a low profile for a couple of years and I always wondered when he was gonna make a comeback, but not like this. This destroyed my perception of him because I never would've imagined in a million years that this guy was gay. I still like him but I'm sorely disappointed.
I know we live in a nation that promotes gay marriage and rights, but you gotta wonder sometimes if being "gay" is like the new trend or some kind of force that's taking over. He's like the umpteenth actor to come out as a homosexual.
Although I don't agree with the lifestyle, I'm not homophobic because I have a gay cousin and I've been around gay people. But today if you're against homosexuality, you are automatically labeled a "homophobe" and seen as some kind of heretic, which is totally unfair and prejudice in my opinion. But that's how America is.
Now, I'm just waiting on pins and needles for other actors like George Clooney to come out as gay...because this is definitely not the last of it.
- The post quoted in r350 is pa.thethic.
- And you have to be a dumb fuck not have suspected Miller was gay. He always comes off a little prissy in everything I've seen him in - Popular, Buffy, Dinotopia etc.
- Of course [r352] prissy = gay
What is gaydar based on, if not stereotypes? Yes, there's also the in-person experience (eye contact etc.), but stereotypes are a big part of it.
- All those women on imdb saying that they were shocked when they heard that Miller admitted to being gay are incredibly stupid. Judging from the comment quoted by r350, some are quite homophobic too, but are so clueless about their anti-gay prejudice that they don't even realize it.
- WTF is that idiot on about, R350? The sad thing is that I saw many comments like that when Lucas Cruikshank came out too. People said he's confused, that it's just a phase, or that he's gay because it's popular. Like WTF!? Yes, I'm sure people want to be gay so they can not have the same rights as straights. What a dream!
It's silly but hormones fuck up people's perpsective. If they had no sexual/romantic interest in Miller or whoever, they wouldn't fall over themselves with their rationalising.
- R350 Is exactly why I hate fangurls. They're the biggest reason so many actors are scared to come out, even though they don't stand a chance with any of their wet dream fantasies in the first place.
- R341 No, they broke up in early 2008.
- [r354] you have just qualified for your vapid queen card
- R352, I was attacked on a gay message board because I said Wentworth was gay. They even defended the fact that he was straight! They couldn't fathom the idea of him being anything other than straight. I tried to tell them about all the rumors, Luke etc.. but no. They still defended his straightness, and this was coming from gay men!
- [quote] you have just qualified for your vapid queen card
Now who's invoking stereotypes.
Was it the Gay Helen Kellers Board?
- No more talk about his dick size, shape, bent direction if any? Cut, uncut?
Did the people who said that they fucked around with him get him while he was hot or was it during his fat phase?
- R328 needs to get his ass back here with details.
- Which gay board specifically, R361? That sounds like complete and utter fiction.
- I agree that R328 was wrong just to post and run. If he had sex with Went he needs to tell us what his cock looks like at least.
And R361 it's surprising that gay men would have insisted Went was straight, since most of us figured out the deal a long time ago, particularly after the pics with Luke came out.
- No, it's not fiction at all, R366. I'm sure you're familiar with the message board. They're a bunch of bitter queens, kinda like here. At least they admitted they were wrong about Wentworth. But still.. they looked like complete idiots. lol
- Are you able to say which message board it was? Does it have a name or a title?
- The thing is, R369.. I really don't want the board to get run over by fangirls. DL is bad enough as it is.
- r350 - That almost reads like a parody post, haha! Are we sure one of us didn't write it? Just in case it isn't, I reported it as hate speech, not that imdb is all that responsive when it comes to anti-gay posts.
- [quote]I reported it as hate speech, not that imdb is all that responsive when it comes to anti-gay posts.
It sure takes a cream-puff to consider that to be hate speech R371. It's just the ramblings of a stupid female. Do you also hit the "flames and freaks" flag at DL if somebody doesn't like your favorite movie star?
I hope imdb doesn't delete what she wrote. By allowing it to stay, it clearly demonstrates the stupidity of fangurls for all to see. Just as it was posted here at R350, I hope it gets copied to other message boards to provide additional coverage to the ignorant bitch.
- [r362] The queen part is good. Being vapid not so much.
- Back to what I care about.
Will Went stop eating his feelings? Will he slim down and get in shape or will he become one of those jolly gay men?
- I'm pretty sure he's already slimmed down r374.
[r374] The queen part is good. Being vapid not so much.
- r372 - I got a message that she'd already been reported a number of times. From her additional replies, she is not open to being educated. And no, her post doesn't demonstrate the ignorance of fangirls for all to see since she's probably quite typical of them. They are legion.
- [quote]no, her post doesn't demonstrate the ignorance of fangirls for all to see since she's probably quite typical of them. They are legion.
You're wrong. Her post [bold]clearly demonstrates her ignorance[/bold]. Her ignorance is typical of fangirls. Ignorant fangirls are legion. You seem to be right up there with them.
- There's no reason for anyone to expect fangirls to know the score when the object of their affections is lying and obfuscating with the best of them.
- A few hours ago a fangirl on IMDB started a thread called "Childish Queens", lashing out at the gay men who were right about Wentworth being gay.
After several posters protested, the thread has now been renamed "Childish Men".
- Fraus don't want to admit they have been fooled.
Many of these fraus have vehemently denied he was gay, trolling every board to prevent people from discussing the subject as if it was
a matter of national security.
They have invested so much energy and time in their fangurling that it becomes tough for them to admit that putting on a pedestal a person you don't know nothing about is madness.
But I have to say that I like the honesty of those who admit they feel conned. I hope it's the first step in recognizing their gullibility and being more open minded when discussing life and work of an actor.
- [quote]for years my thread that he he majored in English therefore he was gay lingered on IMDB. The abuse heaped at it was amazing.
What sort of reactions were directed at it, R204?
- Full photo set of Went & Luke in 2007:
[italic]Light the corners of my mind[/italic]
[italic]Misty water-colored memories[/italic]
[italic]Of the way we were[/italic]
- Quite a few websites are trying to link up Went & Luke again:
[quote]IS RECENTLY OUT ‘PRISON BREAK’ STAR WENTWORTH MILLER DATING ACTOR LUKE MACFARLANE?
- TMZ & Harvey Levin comment on Wentworth Miller coming out:
- Wentworth & Dominic on 'The View' back when it all began . . .
- Wentworth & Sarah being interviewed:
- Anyone following any of the IMDB threads about Wentworth this weekend?
A lot of arguing and activity going on!
- Good for him.
- : )
- That idiot Ehrenstein insisted Keanu Reeves is straight, completely ridiculous.
Some gay men seem to prefer their fantasies be straight. Maybe because their fantasies turned them down?
No.The thread is too long. Please, can you tell us what are the most interesting points?
- Has he lost weight and hot again?
- R394 Not exactly.
Recent picture of him:
- Sorry, this is the correct link:
- He looks pretty good to me. He's not fat. He's just not as skinny as he was when he was playing a prisoner.
- What do you make of this long post someone made on Wentworth's IMDB board tonight? I suspect it might be 'Ice Wine' herself posing as a gay man since this person just coincidentally signed up to IMDB today and seems to be saying the same stuff she is saying but from the perspective of a 'gay man' wanting to speak to his 'brothers':
[quote]Are my brothers supportive or out for ruthless vengeance?
Let me start by saying I'm a gay man with a loving partner and (at the risk of showing my age) am in a committed and devoted partnership for 15 years. I therefore am not interested in competing for Wentworth Miller or jealous of him in any way. I only wish him the very best in his personal and public life, and am very proud to call him a brother in arms in this changing world that is a little more accepting everyday.
I've been reading this board (plus the Cavill and Pitt ones) on and off for the last 6 or 7 years, but I have never registered or participated because I never had much to contribute about Mr. Miller/Cavill/Pitt, and also didn't want to air my opinion that I always felt Mr Miller was gay because the ladies on this board seem to really believe Wentworth Miller was straight.
Can you blame them though? For years I've read interviews with both Mr. Miller and the Prison Break cast, swearing up and down, that he was straight.
Which brings me to my question: Why are some of you showing vengeance and vindictiveness to these ladies?
You're acting as if Wentworth coming out is some sort of victory for you to use as a smack down against them. Hate to show my age, but I think you have a lot of growing up to do if you think this is an eye for an eye situation. The ladies didn't buy Mr. Miller being gay not out of vindictiveness but because he kept confusing them with his denials. But you are being vindictive now, and just for the sake of this victory you feel you got. I find this childish and very immature.
The level of maturity is all the more alarming when I see posts asking for the ladies to apologise! Mm, what? Why do you feel personally hurt because they were confused by Mr. Miller's constant denials? Are you related to Mr. Miller to take that so personally that you need an apology? These types of very immature and outlandish comments alarm me. Please conduct yourselves better my brothers.
Also, I've seen a couple of comments about the ladies not showing support for Wentworth Miller. This isn't correct. One glance at the board and I already can see a few threads showing support.
Thanks for Boycotting Russia, Wentworth - HerExcellency
Awesome - HKFans
Aw, Good for Him - Nyxie
Respect My Wenty - Pink_the_doll
People suggesting a 'better' time for him to have come out - b_bluesky
It is sad that I can't see many supportive threads from my brothers. Instead, glancing through, I see threads asking about Mr. Miller's favorite and possible sexual positions, discussing how hot he is, how everyone already knew he was gay, how angry the ladies are (along with 'I told you so' threads), his ethnicity, his ex-boyfriends, his current boyfriends, his ex-girlfriends, Perez Hilton and plenty of discussion of which actor will be next to step out of the closet.
How are these topics supportive or congratulatory to Mr. Miller's announcement?
So maybe if you happen to live in a glass house, you shouldn't be throwing rocks, my brothers. Live, and learn.
- Why is some cunt ho posting things from imdb? You don't have guts to fight there? To all who make fun of the imdb posters - FUCK YOU QUEENIE CUNTS, you deserve all the teasing and hurt and pain you got because you're showing no heart or humanity now! You are a BUNCH OF ANIMALS, you fucking cunts, bitches and whores.
- R399 = Ice Wine
- R398 and 399 IMHO, is someone like Icewine.
I take back the credit of honesty I gave her/them in my previous posts.
After these two posts I think she (and the other who admitted they were wrong in trolling the boards stating Miller was straight) is like the other fraus who can't admit they've been fooled because they invest too much in a person they know nothing about. What we see, especially in closeted actors, is a public persona that doesn't exist. The product of a PR strategy to hide their real personality and taste. A fake to attract gullible women. That's one of the point of our discussion. Why grown up women can be so out of reality, and so on.
- R339 - Wow. I'm all for everyone having their say, even the nutsoids, but are you SURE you should be out in public sans supervision?
- [r402] did you mean [r399]?
- What's the most recent picture of Wentworth?
- There is definitely a lot of truth to what you are saying. When celebrities come out it isn't just that they are gay people find shocking, it is realizing how much of the entertainment industry is complete bullshit.
There are a lot of people who just don't accept how fake show business can be. It's the massive lying which is one of the real reasons it would be hard for a closeted A-lister to come out.
They would have to reveal how much of themselves has been a lie and how people they have dated/married might have been in on the con.
- He looks like he has a naturally heavy body type due to genetics. I wonder what his parents look like.
He was probably eating next to nothing back in the day.
- I bet he only date white dudes.
- [quote]It's the massive lying which is one of the real reasons it would be hard for a closeted A-lister to come out.
It's nice that you're so understanding.
- Of course he only dates white.
- r409, lets not go there gurl.
- Oh but Wenty's been "there" many times("there" being white cock and ass).
- R403 - sorry, yes.
- Most recent pic (Aug 12 '13)
He's all wrinkled! (ok, just his shirt and pants)
- Why don't rich people take their shirts in to be done? I don't get it. If you don't have a housekeeper to do your laundry and iron your shirts...good lord! What's the matter with these people?
- Why does no celeb come out the height of their career? Kinda sad. Don't be ashamed or worried about who doesn't like you. If they can't accpet you than you don't need them anyway.
- R415...for much of their career, they (the closeted gay celebrity) doesn't like you. You, being an openly gay man, is their worst nightmare.
- R414 Mary!
- R413 Thanks for that picture. He looks exactly the same.
- [quote]Why does no celeb come out the height of their career?
Your comment is silly. Neil Patrick Harris, Zach Quinto, Matt Bomer all came out when they were as popular as they have ever been.
The only real thing we hardly ever see see is gay actors who are just open about their sexuality from the get go. Jonathan Groff is a good example.
- R419 The only real thing we hardly ever see see is gay actors who are just open about their sexuality from the get go. Jonathan Groff is a good example
Um idoit the people you mentioned where not out from the get go! Dumbass...
- [quote]Neil Patrick Harris, Zach Quinto, Matt Bomer
Nobody cares about them. They are not movie stars/leading men. Nobody knows who Matt Bomer is...except for Datalounge.
- I didn't even know who Quinto was.
- R421 You're really ignorant, then
- Of what?
- What's your point R421? The poster claimed no gay actors ever came out when they were popular, but those guys definitely did.
No one ever claimed they were A-listers or the most elite guys in hollywood. But they are very successful actors who came out at the current height of their career.
And R420 your post is so retarded I thought it was satire.
- Am I the only one who finds Lucas, despite his queeniness, hotter than Wenty? Ok then.
I just think Wenty looks old and haggared. I'm sorry, but he's just not good looking anymore. His weight is an issue too. He's not as fat as he has been, but he's still not slim.
- R425, you're right.
Lucas? Do you mean Luke?
- R425, they don't have much of a career, but, they still came out in *a career. I agree. I wanted to include that. You are right, however. They still came out. I agree.
- R428, no.. Lucas Cruikshank. He came out last week.
- I admire all the actors who have come out and I sincerely appreciate their sacrifice, because I believe it is a sacrifice but they felt compelled to do the right thing.
Good for them.
- [quote]Quinto came to mind because he is the highest profile star to come out
Is that so?
- [quote]I admire all the actors who have come out and I sincerely appreciate their sacrifice, because I believe it is a sacrifice but they felt compelled to do the right thing.
Completely agree. This i why I don't have much sympathy for closet cases, and why I admire the brave out gay men so much more!
- Is it just me or does Wentworth look sad a lot?
- [quote]Is it just me or does Wentworth look sad a lot?
Kind of hard to look happy when you're in the closet and hiding a big secret. Maybe now that he's out he'll be happier.
- [quote]What do you make of this long post someone made on Wentworth's IMDB board tonight?
[quote]I've been reading this board (plus the Cavill and Pitt ones) on and off for the last 6 or 7 years, but I have never registered or participated because I never had much to contribute about Mr. Miller/Cavill/Pitt, and also didn't want to air my opinion that I always felt Mr Miller was gay because the ladies on this board seem to really believe Wentworth Miller was straight.
I question this IMDb post. Unless the site has changed in recent years, I believe one is unable to read the message boards unless one is registered (then again, I may be mistaken. Perhaps one can't post unless one is registered; however, I was certain that it was the former).
- What happened here? This thread was so active, then the discussion just completely stopped! oh well..
- [quote]Of course he only dates white.
And on what do you base that? Luke Macfarlane? That's the only guy we know he's been with, so until we know his other boyfriends, how can you jump to that conclusion?
- This thread is useless without (recent) pics...
He dated Tyron Leitso too. Maybe he only dates white Canadians.
- If you're tired of constant PrimeTime, having to pay to post, threads getting deleted for no reason, and whimsical banning, click below.
Our WM isn't a stupid nazi cow, and we might one day have again what DL used to be.
- Your spamming is annoying.
- It will stop when all the PT/pay-to-post/banning bullshit ends.
- [quote]He dated Tyron Leitso too.
Was that verified? I know we had a thread here a year or two ago with photos of them out walking together somewhere, but was it proven that they were a couple the way it was with Luke?
- I watched Wentworth on "Popular" in the late 90s. My first impression of him was that he was incredibly gay. I only ever thought he was gay even though he convincingly played straight characters later.
- [quote] I watched Wentworth on "Popular" in the late 90s. My first impression of him was that he was incredibly gay. I only ever thought he was gay even though he convincingly played straight characters later.
I thought the same. His acting in that Buffy episode sealed the teal. He wasn't a screaming queen. But it was clear, especially as he was cast as a jock.
- The zetaboards asshole is worst than the DL wm, that is all.
- I dunno. He looks hawt in older pictures. Then I saw some fat ones where his hair was too long. I think he might be one of those guys that can look good on TV but you wouldn't be into if you saw him in person.
- Wentworth is not gay; i don't know what you bitches are talking about!
- [quote] I dunno. He looks hawt in older pictures. Then I saw some fat ones where his hair was too long. I think he might be one of those guys that can look good on TV but you wouldn't be into if you saw him in person.
Your post makes no sense. You say yourself that he was fat in some and had unflattering hair.
- [quote]Of course he only dates white.
He is, for all intents and purposes, white. He looks white, talks whites, his friends are white, dates white ... he is a white guy.
- Do we seriously not know of any exes or love interests other than Luke?
- There was Mark Liddell, the photographer...
- He does not consider himself white. He considers himself multiracial and said so at the time he was cast as the biracial character in "The Human Stain". He can relate to being a black man as well.
Here's a picture of him with his family
- Beautiful pic. Can you give us some details about his family?
- Is that Wentworth's brother?
He's not too shabby. . .
- From left to right: Mila Jasey (WM's aunt), Rhena Jasey (WM's cousin), Leigh Miller (WM's sister), Wentworth Miller and Jason Cox (WM's cousin). Pictured at a gathering of descendants of Dr. Green Forte Pinkston of Memphis, 2007. (From 'Memphis Commercial Appeal' newspaper).
More information and a picture with his father here:
- So the hot guy is Went's cousin then.
- That's a pretty racist blog you linked to, R459.
- Wentworth used his coming out to make a positive statement against the homophobia in Russia.
He could have asked a friend to write and publish his coming out message while flying nearly 5,000 miles to hide from the press on a private yacht, but that type of coming out had already been done.
- R462, thank you for putting it into perspective. To be rigorously, deliberately, intensely closeted for years and then to come out like 'what's the big deal?' It was under-handed.
On the other hand, Wentworth was brave.
- [quote]To be rigorously, deliberately, intensely closeted for years and then to come out like 'what's the big deal?' It was under-handed.
It worked out very well for him. GLAAD anointed him Sheriff of all gays six months after he departed the closet. What will GLAAD do for Wentworth Miller?
- Yes, Anderson was indeed a bit sneaky about it all.
- What precisely was racist about it, R461? That they dared to discuss Miller's rather varied racial identity.
This is why legitimate cases of racism are widely discounted. Growing up, did your mother ever tell you the story of the boy who cried wolf?
- What's going to happen when the Russian govt finds out that Ed Snowden is gay?
- His cousin is really cute.
- There was nothing brave about what Wentworth did.
- If you can't understand why it's racist r466, then you're a dimwit. Why don't you click on more entries? This guy is obviously all about WHITE POWER, whether you see it or not.
- I wonder what r466 the asshole thinks of this
- Or this
[quote]To live in an urbanized region teeming with millions of people can be psychologically distressing, in certain ways — especially when those millions are of diverse ethnic-cultural-linguistic-religious origins. (Thus, ‘Bowling Alone’). Trust declines, civic activity declines. The feeling of special connection and pride in the region from which you come, your ‘Heimat’ feeling (as the Germans say), is unable to properly develop. And how can anyone, or any group, know where it is going if it does not know from whence it comes?
And that other guy deleted any comment that disagreed with his bullshit entry on mixed race couples and children.
- R466 is a twat. Don't take the bait. We had a tiresome discussion of Wentworth's racial background years ago.
Now, he's not black or white -- just GAY. That is how he will be viewed from this moment on. Wentworth is a stand-up guy, unlike Mr. Cooper.
- Good for him.
Others. like George Eads, are still lying......
- George Eads is married to a woman. Let it go.
- I heard George Eads punched a pregnant lady in the stomach three times in a row... pow pow pow!!
- Probably, R475 is a fat cow in denial from TalkCSI.
- I'll give Wentworth credit for doing the right thing. I'll never forgive him for the screenplay of 'Stoker'.
- Wentworth Miller needs to do a full interview about all this one day soon.
- Will Wentworth get a GLAAD award for coming out or is a $5,000 donation needed to get on the award track with that group?
- LOL that's funny, GLAAD the pointless PC cash cow probably only gives awards to people who donate or media whores who have rich parents like Chaz/Chastity Bono.
- Why the GLAAD bashing? They're certainly not perfect, but they're more good than bad, surely?
- latest pic
- He looks good in that pic at R484, especially for someone who's 41. He looks like he's barely aged in the past decade.
- Wenty has lost weight!
Hopefully that will shut up some of you bitches who claimed he was fat.
- He looks great and is still really hot. Lucky guy who gets to cozy up to Wenty at night.
- Apparently he lost 40lbs.
- Where did you hear that, R488?
- I can't believe he was 40 lb overweight. Really? Anyway he looks perfect right now.
- he spoke at a UCLA event yesterday
- Here's a short video of the UCLA event I saw on Instagram. Hopefully the link works.
- Voici l'article (mais c'est en français, je le crains):
- Why does he keep his hair so short all the time?
- How come it's being covered in French, but not English?
- Prison Break was much more popular in France than here in the states.
- he is so cute
- I'd like to see him in a singing role.
- Amazing. It's like when he came out some kind of switch flipped and the weight just dropped off him. I guess those were 40 lbs of self-loathing he divested himself of.
- Didn't he only put the weight on when he switched to writing?
- R500 - No. His fight with his weight started while filming the first season of Prison Break. You can see the slow but steady increase as he became more famous and started having to lie about his sexuality in public. The weight battle continued during the following four seasons, and by the end of the show he'd porked up considerably.
Once he gave up acting (or realised it wasn't going to work out post-PB) he pretty much gave up fighting the fat entirely, and now, of course, self-respect regained, he's dropped it off nicely.
But yeah, the weight was related to the lying to the public, absolutely no doubt about it.
- Oops - *following THREE seasons...
- [quote] Amazing. It's like when he came out some kind of switch flipped and the weight just dropped off him.
He was starting to lose the weight long before he came out. He was only truly fat for a brief period of time. The infamous photos where he looked really flabby -- the ones that DL'ers always link to as evidence that Wentworth is fat -- were from three years ago.
- He had more a fro during the flab time, right?
- His hair was longer, then, yes.
I always thought at least part of the weight gain might have been medications.
- Wendy looks stunning in blue. I'm also rather tickled by that no doubt ironic hand/wrist gesture of his. Wicked.
- Oops sorry - I meant 'Wenty'. I Hate Auto-correct...:(
- I really like this picture.
- Does anyone know if Wenty is dating anyone?
- OMG R506! Wenty looks fantastic.
Come back to us Went...
- Love the widow's peak. We never hear much about Wenty anymore now that he's stopped acting.
Actually isn't that Loft movie supposed to come out soon? I guess we'll see more of him when he's forced to promote it. Some interviews maybe?
- I like this one.