All Threads by Date
'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Meet The Cast (and twists revealed!)
Jeff Probst already announced on Entertainment Weekly Radio that the next season of Survivor —subtitled Blood vs. Water — would feature returning Survivor contestants playing with (or, rather, against) their loved ones. Then, yesterday we revealed that one of those pairs would be Survivor: One World’s Kat Edorsson and her boyfriend, Big Brother season 12 winner Hayden Moss. Now the rest of the cast can be officially unveiled. And that cast will be playing in the most twist-heavy Survivor season ever.
Among the cast of Survivor: Blood vs. Water —which filmed this past May and June in the Philippines — will be a contestant from the group that started it all, as season 1 player Gervase Peterson returns to compete along with his niece Marissa. He will be joined by three million dollar winners — Tina Wesson from The Australian Outback (who will be playing with daughter Katie), Aras Baskauskas from Panama (with brother Vytas), and Rupert Boneham, who has never won in his three previous outings but did collect a million dollars as the winner of a special fan voted prize given away during the All-Stars season. He will be joined by his wife Laura.
In a surprise, the new cast also features three players from One World — which is generally considered one of the weakest Survivor seasons ever. Joining Kat will be Monica Culpepper (and husband Brad) and the controversial Colton Cumbie (and fiancé Caleb). Rounding out the cast are threepeaters Tyson Apostol (with girlfriend Rachel) and the former Candice Woodcock (now Candice Cody, with husband John), as well as Laura Morett from Samoa (with daughter Ciera).
Survivor host Jeff Probst gives credit for the loved ones concept to Survivor casting director Lynne Spillman. “It’s something she brought up for years,” Probst told EW.com. “But this year she pitched it and she said, ‘I think I can pull it off. I think I’ve found the right amount of couples.’ And once we started talking about it and talking about who would play, it went from something we thought about doing next year to something we were going to do this season. It was one of those moments were I left and went ‘Oh, everything’s different.’” As if having returning players playing against their loved ones was not a big enough twist, there are several other smaller changes, some of which could dramatically alter the way the game is played. Here they are:
*For the first time ever, the game will not be 39 days long, but rather 39-and-a-half days, as the couples will begin the game the night prior to day one with a new twist titled “Day Zero.” The 10 pairs will be sent out at sunset to 10 different locations to live by themselves for the night. They will then all meet up to be officially welcomed by host Jeff Probst and start the game the next morning. “The whole idea was to try and get them thinking and maybe believing that they would play as a pair,” says Probst.
* Just minutes after congregating, the returning players and their loved ones will be split into two different tribes, with the returning players making up the yellow Galang tribe and the newbies comprising the red Tadhana tribe. “Suddenly your partner becomes your adversary, your competition,” says Probst. “And that was the whole premise of Blood Vs. Water. How is that going to play out in a game where only one person can win?”
* First impressions can be key in the game like Survivor, and that will prove true here as just moments after meeting each other, each team will vote one member off their tribe. They will later be informed that these people have not been voted out of the game, but rather will be sent to Redemption Island, which makes its return after having been absent for the past three seasons. There they will battle to stay alive and reenter the game at a later point.
* Confused yet? Well, it gets even more confusing! Jeff Probst will then immediately offer each of the loved ones of the two people voted off the opportunity to trade places with them, meaning that if, say, returning player Tina is voted out of her tribe at the start, her daughter Katie can opt to take her place at Redemption Island instead, and Tina would then join the tribe of newbies.
* As mentioned, Redemption Island is back. Anyone voted out will be sent there and will then compete in a three person duel. The last place finisher in each contest is out of the game for good, while the top two remain. However, if someone’s loved one is still in the game they can take their loved one’s place before a duel. (So if, say, Monica is at Redemption Island but her husband Brad thinks he would do better at a duel involving strength, he can swap places with her, electing to do the duel while she takes his place on his tribe. They could then swap again at the next duel if it is a contest better suited to her strengths.) “That puts blood and water to the test,” says Probst. “And we’re gonna do it at every duel. So the first time early in the game, somebody may say ‘It’s just too early.” But as those duels increase and they get closer to what they think might be a merge, their strategy is going to start to change.”
* That’s not all when it comes to Redemption Island. The person who finishes first in each duel will also get to give a clue to the location of a hidden immunity idol to any person from either tribe that they choose. “There’s all these things you can do,” says Probst. “Because for a moment, even though you’re on the outest, furthest part of the game, you have a little bit of power.”
- They should go back to unknowns.
- I fucking loathe that ogre Rupert.
I'm pulling for Tina.
Glad to see there is no Hantz in that line-up.
- They've brought back Rupert! Please not him again! This is the first time I've may have lost interest in watching survivor. Not to mention they've brought back Colton and Candice. Do they want me to just hate the entire cast from the get-go? Ugh.
- They should have gotten Lisa Whelchel and either her hot brother or gay ex-husband.
- Fourth time for Rupert. .... So DONE
- I hate myself for still watching this.
- I really, really dislike Rupert. He's such a blowhard.
Besides, no one should be given 4(!) opportunities to play. Probst needs to put his man crushes aside.
- Fucking Rupert AND Colton?
Skipping this one.
- Will Rup be bringing that fucking tye-dye shirt with him again?
- Do you even have to ask, R9?
- Tina's daughter also has a big chest.
- Redemption Island sucks!
I thought that was the general opinion and that's why the stopped after doing it for a couple of seasons.
Now they've made it so convoluted that some of these dummmies are going to need the producers to walk them through how it works when they get sent there.
- Well since Time Warner is blocking CBS this might be a perfect time to break my Survivor habit. These new twists sound like a mess and none of the returning players interest me.
- I've stopped watching seasons that I didn't enjoy, but I've never not started watching a season. But this will be that season.
- All of those twists = we can change the game however we want to get the final three we want.
- Colton = I'm boycotting the show. No fucking way will that troglodyte light up one pixel of my television.
- They are clearly desperate for any attention at this point. Wasn't last season the lowest rated ever?
- Good thing the gays are wearing pink so we can pick them out of the cast photo. Otherwise, they'd just blend in with the other men. Not.
- Why not Russell and his nephew?
- We all know Colton was very popular.
- The best couple would have been Colton Cumbie and his family's black housekeeper.
- First day folks voted out will be Colton and Kat's Big Brother winning boyfriend.
And Kat will spend the rest of the season crying.
- I can't believe that we escaped having a Hantz AND Boston Rob on this show
- A spoiler on the CBS page says . . .
The real content is hidden in this sentence so you have to want Colton quits to read it to see it.
- God, Colton? Really? Colton?!?
- Add me to the list of people who would never watch a show with Colton on it. Truthfully, though, I haven't watched Survivor in years.
- r25, it could have been worse.
Russell, Willie, and Brandon Hantz
- My first response is to echo what was said in another thread: They really couldn't find 16-20 new people to play Survivor?! Sigh for all the Survivor fans who CBS is ignoring.
However, since this season did happen here are my thoughts: So far I am rooting for Tina and her daughter, along with Aras and his brother. I'm rooting against Rupert and his wife, and really rooting against Colton and his fiancé. On the fence about Candice and her husband and Kat/Hayden. Mostly neutral about Tyson and his girlfriend and Monica and her NFL husband. Totally neutral about Gervase and his niece. I had forgotten him.
Some of these feelings may change once the season is airing, of course.
- Ugh. I hate Aras. What a smug, pretentious twat.
- [bold]Jeff Probst:[/bold] Now that our [italic]Survivor: Reunion[/italic] special is nearly over, and we have crowned the wonnier of [italic]Survivor: Blood vs. Water," let us show you a preview of where [italic]Survivor[/italic] will go next.
Join us in [italic]Survivor: Taiga[/italic], the most natural area bordering the pacific, where some of your favorite Survivors will have a Second Chance.
That's right - a second chance at winning the game.
And [italic]second[/italic] deserves emphasis here as 20 of our No. 2 vote-offs will come back to play [italic]Survivor[/italic] one more time.
Watch B.B. from [italic]Survivor: Borneo[/italic], Kel from [italic]Survivor: The Australian Outback[/italic], Jessie from [italic]Survivor: Africa[/italic], Patricia from [italic]Survivor: Marquesas[/italic] ... along with 16 more of these unforgettable No. 2 cast-offs.
Tune in on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 for the premiere [italic]two[/italic]-hour season premiere of [italic]Survivor: Taiga[/italic].
- Is BB even alive?
- Although I would have preferred a season with an unknown cast, once I knew this season was going to happen I was hoping we would see one of these guys from last season: Eddie, Reynold, or Michael. For those of you who have already forgotten Michael was the openly gay guy who Corinne was so eager to have as her friend/ally! Anyway, I should not be surprised those guys were all missing- none of them is a favorite of Jeff Probst. Poor Michael had such a weak edit that very few viewers would have picked him as one of their favorites from Caromoan!
- R29,Aras was a rather controversial contestant during Exile Island, which aired in the winter/spring of 2006. Many viewers really liked Aras; many others found him pretty annoying. Whether one liked Aras or not he was a pretty good player who did not get enough credit for what he achieved. Then executive producer Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst were big fans of Cirie- Exile Island was her first season- and military guy Terry Dietz. So the editing gave them both Cirie and Terry more credit than they deserved. In any case this is only Aras' second season, not third or fourth!
- Gay Republican Colton is playing with his Gay Republican Fiancé, Caleb.
The DL meltdown should be epic.
- A match made in Log Cabinette heaven!
Italics no more.
- May Colton or his fiancee be the first person voted out this season!
- i'll watch one episode for my man hayden.
this show is so over.
- Which was the last season when they didn't have ANY returning players?
- The last Survivor season with no returning players was One World, which was Colton's first season, r40. One World aired in the winter/spring 2012 and the winner was Kim, who was pretty deserving.
- What a shitty cast.
Colton is disgusting. Ugly, racist and classist. Please, please let him be out early (again).
What a shitty cast. Do we really need Rupert for a 4th time?
Or Candice and Tyson for a 3rd time?
Or those phony, fake-titted conservitive hags Laura and Tina?
Monica, does anyone actually remember her?
Aras was one of the worst winners, IMO.
Kat is very annoying.
The only one that is somewhat interesting to see again is Gervase from season 1. It should be interesting how he plays this time because the only one from his season that had a clue how to play the game was Richard Hatch.
Hopefully their relatives are more interesting or at least likable.
- [italic]Survivor[/italic] is in its twilight period. (There may be at least one poster who would write that the show is much further along that [italic]that[/italic].) Now that [italic]Survivor[/italic] has sunk so low with its incessant returns of middle- to lower-tiered "participants," — as if even a significant fraction of them were truly "memorable" — it is hard to picture the CBS series being able to survive past this decade. Have fun predicting exactly which year it finally sign off!
- It's also not helped that Probst has taken over creative control of the show. He's a great host but terrible when it comes to twists and what he thinks the fans want to see (like returning cast members every season, especially his faves). He totally dismisses the fans negative feedback, no matter how constructive (or correct) and has gotten very bitchy of late on twitter and in interviews.
- "This is the first time I've may have lost interest in watching Survivor"
Really? It jumped the shark for me about season #2.
- Colten and his fiance could be twins. They look alike.
- Fourth time for Rupert...I think we have a winner.
- YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HIM, SO WE BROUGHT HIM BACK, PLEASE GIVE A BIG SURVIVOR WELCOME TO [bold]RUPERT![/bold]
- The reason Jeff brought back Redemption Island for this season was, of course, to protect his favorites. Does he not remember that this did not help Ozzy win during his third season?
- At least no Hantzes.
- Can you imagine having sex with Colton? The horror ... the horror ...
- At least you'd have the pleasure of shutting him up.
- Redemption Island has always been a huge fail with the returnees getting booted again after re-entering the game. Of course it was done to give the 'strong' players who get booted early for whatever reason a chance to return to the game. Probst HATES when strong players (alpha males, especially) go before he thinks they should.
- Redemption Island is stupid.
- I think Aras and his brother Vytas are so hot!
- I guess the Hantz family was busy this season?
- I hope one of the twists is instead of buried Immunity Idols, we have buried firearms with live ammunition.
- Laura and her daughter Ciera are homophobes. Stupid bitch is proud have been a teenage mom.
Jeff on Ciera:
"Ciera is not someone that anyone is going to walk over. She has several guns, she votes against gay rights."
Jeff on Laura:
"Laura can also rub people the wrong way. Like her daughter she has some strong opinions about a lot of things and she won’t waver on them."
- Colton deserves to be back, he had to leave early last time because of health issues. So it's only fair that he gets another shot it and he makes for great tv!
- Is Colton the cryer? Mary! Man up bitch!
- Ugh!! I wish a shark would eat Rupurt.
And why the hell did they ask Candace back? She is one of the most loathed contestants ever
- OMG, Colton gets nasty next week!
- Who went home?
- I hate Colton and his crocodile tears. He's being manipulative just like before.
- Who else cheered when Colton threatened to hit Kat 'with this fucking paddle'.
Fool couldn't control himself through one episode. And next week reverts to his old behavior.
Good choice there, Survivor !
- Who got voted out?
- SPOILER ....
Candace (returnee) and Rupert's wife were voted out. Rupert switched places with his wife and he and Candace went off to Redemption Island to await their first battle.
At the immunity challenge, Gervase practically died while playing, but the puzzle players on the team ended up pulling out a win...... and then Gervase (of all people) got all supercocky about the win (Whoo Hoo, that's how it's done..... Yaaaaa Yaaaa Yaaa)
Pissed off the loved ones, who voted out Gervase's niece.
I must say, there's a bit more eye candy this time around. And I totally have a crush on Aras' brother, Vytas .... who is a 14 year clean heroin addict/now a yoga instructor who spent a year in jail for robbing a woman at an ATM. I hope both of them make it far just to see how their strained dynamics play out.
- I know I'm in the minority but I have always rooted for Rupert.Love that guy.
- ...loved ones
How many fuckin' times are they gonna use that phrase each episode? Tonight it was about 147 times.
Also, the doctor dude (who is probably considered hotish) that's married to Candace is a crying pussy man. He's runner up in that department to Colton.
- This has to be fixed. How could people not immediatly vote out Colton?
- I hate that queen Colton with the heat of a thousand suns. Doesn't say much for his boyfriend either, there must be really slim pickings in Bumfuck Alabama or wherever hellhole they're from down there.
- They look EXACTLY alike,r72! I'm surprised anyone can tell them apart. And Colton is The Devil-that 'lets play nice/Queen of Redemption'act lasted about a minute! How can his boyfriend out up with that?
And why does my gaydar go off when Vytas and Candice's husband appear? But I love Vytas,too r68-he and Aras have great,yoga toned bodies.
And Monica's husband the ex footballer is nuts! But I do like her.
Hayden seems pretty tame here,more than he was on BB. I wonder what game play he has up his sleeve? He may just win Survivor as well!
- How did the black girl get on everyone's radar to be voted out first when she had nothing to do with the puzzle challenge collapse?!! The black girl got voted out first the last two seasons as well-so predictable..,
And you know Gervase would have been voted out first if his tribe hadn't won immunity!
- they said they voted her out because Gervacve taunted them when the lost so they wanted to get back at him.
- In what universe would that initial blind vote not be for Colton? Do these producers ever consider NOT manipulating the game?
Aras looked like he got rode hard since the last time he was on the show.
Rupert and his voice are already annoying. His "nobility" for saving his wife? Yawn.
- [quote] How did the black girl get on everyone's radar to be voted out first when she had nothing to do with the puzzle challenge collapse?!! The black girl got voted out first the last two seasons as well-so predictable..
Agreed. I'm done with this season.
That girl did absolutely NOTHING to deserve being voted off, besides being the wrong color.
That bald "daddy" (as he was described up-thread) immediately decided that she should be gone, and as they voted her out, the rest of her tribe sat there, looking so proud of themselves for doing so.
Ugh. This was SOOOOOOO predictable.
The minute I saw her - alone in her blackness - on that tribe, I knew she was a goner. Survivor has become an anachronism. A throwback, to a long-lost era.
Instead of calling it "Survivor," it should be called "Woolworth's Counter: Circa 1950." That's how obvious the racial divide is on this show. Jeff Probst is absolutely clueless.
After this initial episode, I'm done. Tired of this shit.
And indeed, how ironic that this first episode of Survivor was followed up by the absolute WORST, and most RACIST season of Big Brother ever.
I mean, they even had to issue a racial disclosure at the beginning of the finale, to excuse themselves from airing some of the most vile, racist programming on network television.
Honestly, if you have to post a "disclosure" statement of how racist your show is, doesn't that say something about it? Thanks Miss Lesbian exec producer Allison Grodner. You make this country proud! *rolling eyes*
CBS is seriously in the shitter with this type of programming. I won't watch another day of it, and I encourage people of CONSCIENCE to boycott these shows.
- lol, Survivor is still on, who watch this crap?
- Hayden is nothing without Enzo.
- There was a time when I was happy to see some of the returning players, not anymore (Colton is a prime example). I prefer new players every season, but the rating must say otherwise. Sad.
- Hate him or not but, Colton deserves another chance at Survivor since he had to leave the game early before.
- [quote]Colton deserves to be back, he had to leave early last time because of health issues.
[quote]Hate him or not but, Colton deserves another chance at Survivor since he had to leave the game early before.
I took it from Jeff's voiceover that Colton's "health issue" was fake.
Caleb is hot as hell.
Gervase's niece gave her tribe the look of death as she was being voted out.
- Colton and Caleb must be the only two gay guys in their town cause Caleb is way to good for him
- Candice and her husband are a hot couple.
None of you would kick Culpepper out of bed.
- Does anyone remember or know why Candace was so reviled?
- Thank you, R84. I also came on here to comment on the hotness of Candace's Dr. hubby and Mr. Culpepper.
You should google pictures of Culpepper - he was obese and gross looking when he played in the NFL but he lost 100 lbs. and is now fine as hell (cue the Melting Marys screaming "but he has those Hiddddeouth Tattooooooothhh!!!)
Hate, loathe, cannot stand fat ugly fuck Rupert. His voice makes me violently ill. Colton is just a national embarrassment. I'd feel pity for his seemingly benign boyfriend but it's not like Colton's baggage is a secret.
- Colton makes me throw up...the sweater tied around the neck, the hands fluttering around the mouth, the diva tears. He's an embarrassment to gay men everywhere.
I've always been curious why Probst decides to call at least one or two of the male contestants by their last names, but not others. Mike Skupic was "Skupic" and last night it was "Culpepper". Weird.
- CBS loves their flamers.
- Culpepper's 'hotness' went out the window when he opened his mouth,r84,r86. But I get what Monica sees in him-dumb jock ex frat boy who's probably a good fuck-they've been married since 1992 and have three kids. But he was wrong to target Gervase's niece so soon-he came off like a typical southern cracker!
- With a few new twists on the formula, Survivor: Blood & Water took a real tumble compared to its Season 25 September 19, 2012 opener.
Marking the show’s 400th episode, last night’s 8 PM to 9:30 PM Survivor fell 19% from its last fall premiere. That makes last night the show’s lowest fall debut in its long long history.
Compared to its Season 26 opener on February 13, 2013 The Mark Burnett-produced show saw an 8% rise among the key demo over its 90-minute Season 26 debut. With a 2.5/8 rating CBS won the night among adults 18-49, but NBC topped the night in terms of viewers with an audience of 9.203 million.
- Did anyone notice that Caleb helped Colton out of truck as if Colton is a girl?
- [quote] Did anyone notice that Caleb helped Colton out of truck as if Colton is a girl?
Yes! And it was quite amusing.
- Colton is the reason straight people in flyover land hate us. He is horrific. It's a shame he wasn't voted to Redemption Island immediately.
Culpepper is so fucking hot. He's dumb, but that just heightens the fantasy of getting fucked by a dumb jock.
- R89, fwiw, Culpepper finished undergrad in 3 years, won an award as the nation's top scholar athlete, and graduated law school with honors. You might find ways to poke at all those achievements, but he's not just a total dumbass jock.
- [quote]Tina's daughter also has a big chest.
Tina didn' have a big chest until after her season finished filming (but before the finale aired), as she knew she'd won.
Poor, poor, stupid Colby.
What good is "being a nice guy" when you just handed someone $900k?
- [quote]Jeff on Laura: "Laura can also rub people the wrong way. Like her daughter she has some strong opinions about a lot of things and she won’t waver on them."
Strong opinions = cunt.
- I hope Gervase took advantage of his last 14 years of unimportance to learn how to fucking SWIM!
I've never understood the shitheads who get accepted for Survivor but don't bother learning to swim, fucking retards!
At least Gervais had the excuse of being in the first season, so nobody knew what to expect. But anyone playing after that? No excuse!!!
- [quote]I know I'm in the minority but I have always rooted for Rupert. Love that guy.
You're NOT in the minority, R69, not by a long shot.
Why do you think the fans awarded Rupert that $100k (or whatever it was)? Cuz they love him!
- [quote]That makes last night the show’s lowest fall debut in its long long history.
The love is fading, baby.
- I can barely stand watching with Colton on it. In fact, I hate myself for watching.
- I can't believe Colton found a partner.
What does he have to offer ? He's spoiled and pampered out the whazoo. He's chubby and unattractive. He's a nellie cunt with a definite mean streak
- I didn't see Colton's first Survivor season so tell me this. Is he the type of queen bitch who talks shit and as soon as someone gives it right back at him twofold, he starts the sympathy cry.
Damn CBS! Between Big Brother's Andy and now this nelly bitch queen on Survivor, can you please consider the more butch, attractive, and less bitchy gay male. I mean, damn!
- I think Culpepper was hot to get rid of Marissa once she called him out during the intro when he said he'd feel bad winning challenges for comforts that Monica wasn't getting. Marissa jumped on him pretty hard and I don't think he stopped feeling threatened once he was exposed that way.
He moved fast to set up the all man (plus Caleb, as he so nicely put it) alliance and then Gervase's behavior gave him a reason to target Marissa and get her out.
- Candace has terminal bitchface. Besides being unlikeable, she's flipped on her tribe twice, once abandoning Yul after being in alliance with him, and on HVV, she flipped on her tribe to make an alliance with Russell of all people. She's a mega cunt.
I laughed when Culpepper made his alliance of "4 guys and a gay" and then took a sensual shower with Candace's husband.
- I`m so glad our Colton is back. He is great TV.
- So much for Colton's nice guy act. Did anyone catch him shrieking at Cat in the boat?
- What happened to Jenna Lewis?
- Pretty lame excuse,r103. So why did the rest of Marisa's tribe vote her out)
- How many Republicans does this edition have?
Gay Colton and his gay boyfriend - Republican
Mr. Culpepper - Republican (Monica - don't know)
Tina and Her Tennessee daughter - Republican
Rupert and his wife - Republican (yeah, he was the Libertarian nominee in last year's Indiana gubernatorial election -- Libertarians are Alternative Republicans; check mark Republican)
[italic]By the way:[/italic] How many editions have [italic]Survivor[/italic] given us where a tribe's first Tribal Council resulted in their vote-off an African-American?
- [bold]Does anyone remember or know why Candace was so reviled?[/bold]
Candace/Candice (however her first name is spelled) is a major turn-off because she has no [italic]feel[/italic] for the game. It's like a person who has no judgment. I don't feel anything personal against her; it's just that it reveals just how twisted and fucked - and desperate - TPTB are at [italic]Survivor[/italic] to have cast Candice/Candace not once, not twice, but now three times.
- Stick a fork in this show.
- Culpepper and Candice's husband got it on.
- I hope Rupert wins Redemption Island.
- Can ANY of these reality shows EVER feature a gay or lesbian who is not the most obnoxious sort of stereotype? It is almost as if they go out of their way to find the most repugnant gay people they can find.
- There's a good variety of gay guys and gals on Project Runway and Top Chef.
But yes, they are few and far between.
- R114, shut the fuck up already.
There are a huge variety of gay people across reality TV. Survivor is the reason nearly every competitive reality show has a gay contestant.
On top of that, reality TV shows cast people with big personalities. Are you so unsophisticated you can't grasp that simple concept?
- R16= licks dried gobs of goo from gloryhole walls.
- Rupert is another Boston Rob. CBS loves him and will have him on as many shows as possible. When Rupert loses the first redemption challenge to one of the women, CBS will probably do a Big Brother and have a former ousted member back on the show.
- Colton's boyfriend already looks like no other gay we've seen on Survivor yet.
So far, I have no idea why this guy is with Colton.
- r119, he's a little chubby with a normal voice. Yes, unusual for a Survivor gay!
- R118 is right .... when Rupert stepped forward, Probst and the producers must have stopped filming to try to talk him out of it for hours. Rupert probably told them "Don't worry about it. She's my wife, she'll tell me to go back and play the game."
I anticipate an upcoming announcement of their pending divorce.
- I just can't imagine why Colten's boyfriend is with Colten.
What kind of magic did Colten do to snag this guy?
- I would imagine that the magic came from Colton's wallet
- [quote][R114], shut the fuck up already.
Why tell him to shut up? The poster is right.
- Thump for tonight!
- For all we know, Colton's relationship could be a sham cooked up to comply with the "Blood vs. Water" format.
- I'm actually crying as I'm typing this, Colton is so vile!
- Next week's preview of Colton crying and running to sit on Caleb's lap like a crying little girl would do to Daddy....stereotypicaly the gayest thing I've ever seen.
I'm usually against that sort of thing but I'm for it if Rupert comes back.
I love Rupert and he is nothing like Boston Rob
- Good god. Why do they bring these people back only to make even bigger fools of themselves? Colton is just embarrassing on so many levels.
- Nice bromance of Tyson and Aras embracing by the fire-so hot!
Hate the Culpepper guy-he really showed his true colors by knocking not only Gervase's game but his looks as well-typical country hick.
KKKolton is a hot mess. The Bitch Is Back! Glad people seem to be onto him. And that may be true,r127-how he snagged that guy is a mystery! Just proves without a doubt that there's someone for everybody!! And the way KKKolton confronted Kat with Tina was revolting!
But I do like Tina's daughter and the other young girl on her tribe-they seem to be playing the game stealthy...
- [quote]Nice bromance of Tyson and Aras embracing by the fire-so hot!
I thought that was weird, like they were lovers or something. I first thought I imagined that, but it's real!
- I know r133. I was watching and thinking wow a showmance already, and then realized that the person on "top" was a man!
Is it love?
- [quote]Hate the Culpepper guy-he really showed his true colors by knocking not only Gervase's game but his looks as well-typical country hick.
huh? What did he say about his looks? (missed that)
- Yeah, that Tyson/Aras thing when they were all gathered around the fire at night listening to Colton bitch about stuff made me pause the show for a second to check if I was seeing correctly.
At first I thought the night vision lens was playing tricks on me and Tyson was some chick.
But nope. Tyson was sitting on the log and Aras was sitting on the ground below him, but leaned back against Tyson between his legs with his arms spread so that his pits were resting on each of Tyson's thighs. And Tyson had his arms wrapped around Aras with his hands clasped across Aras' chest.
- regarding Tyson and Aras, I was also doing a double take on that moment.
Tbh I was surprised Tyson had a girlfriend.
- Hayden made one of those leary/weary mistakes tonight.
When he was talking about John being secretive about the immunity idol, he said...
"John’s kinda hiding the idol clue, not really filling everybody in. We all know he’s looking for it. It makes you a little weary."
Makes me understand how he and Kat can probably have conversations on an equal level.
- Kat: Do you have any appearances at clubs scheduled this weekend?
Hayden: Nope. How 'bout you?
Kate: No. I'm on my way to the gym.
Hayden: Okay. I'll be watching the game. Drinks at Boogie's new place in Hollywood tonight?
Kate: Uh, sure. See ya, babe.
Hayden: [while reading a text] Okay.
- Tyson and Aras both ping to high heaven, am I right?
Aras has some model girlfriend, and Tyson grew up Mormon.
- Even straight girls pretending to be bi don't cuddle as romantically as Tyson/Aras.
- Right on,r141! They way Tyson and Aras were locked together got me so aroused-I've always had a crush on Aras and he pinged for me even back in his first winning season! Hope someone can link a gif of the lingering moments...
- It seems we're not the only ones who've noticed-they've been dubbed 'Arson'-Ha!
- For r135:
“Is it just me or is Jarvis as stupid as he looks?” Said Culpepper
- Russell Hantz is not amused that Aras compared Colton to him:
- To be fair to Aras, it seems easy to mistake Tyson for a woman.
- No one giving a big "Whoot! Whoot !" because Rupert got kicked off Redemption Island ??
- Has Tyson ever made it to the final four?
He keeps on saying he is the greatest player in Survivor history.
- Does anyone else see the obvious crush Jeff has on Cullpepper? I think he calls on him more than anyone else, in tribal or in competitions. It reminds me of when Probst interviewed Hugh Jackman on his talk show. Jeff was two seconds away from blowing Hugh right there on screen.
- Tyson was the one who was Coach's minion, right?
I can't believe producers let Rupert go so early.
The preview of Colton whining and running over to sit in his bf's lap like an impudent child was hysterical.
- There are always one or two guys each season that Jeff gushes over.
- I don't believe that is true at all...
- Jeff's play by play commentary during the challenges is getting more and more insufferable. "You do NOT want to go to tribal council tonight!"
- My continued viewing this season is contingent upon Colton leaving next week. I just don't find assholes like him entertaining. I felt the same way about the Hantz fuckers and passed on their seasons. Survivor has usually taken the high road, but contestants like those sink the show to an irritating cable reality level.
And I was glad to see Rupert go! All that lovefest bullshit between him and his wife was gagging. Screw the papa bear act! If my spouse had to take some ridicule and punches for a million bucks, have at it! If all he was going to do was get all weepy over how she was being treated he should have left her home.
- John Cody is achingly handsome.
- I like John Cody's body but not his face
- I don't think there has ever been a reality show contestant, on ANY show, where I disliked them sooner than Colton.
Almost instantaneous and it only grows with every second the asshole is on the air.
- On EW.com, Probst comes out and says that Colton faked the medical emergency that got him airlifted out of the show. He also hints that he didn't want him back on the show.
Tyson likes to fuck with people which may be what his "bromance" with Aras is all about. This is a man who LOVES attention.
- I have to agree on Probst play by play. It is borderline moronic and taunting. I remember last season when they re did the teams and all of the young people were put on one team. During the challenge they of course ran away with it and Jeff just belittled the older tribe. If I were on survivor and he started that crap I would stop doing the challenge look at him and say "shut the fuck up or I will rip your dick off"
- You would think that after being so publically shamed that KKKolton would have changed his ugly ways-apparently not. And I guess being with him makes his boyfriend look super butch to those bigoted southerners.
And Aras's brother Vytas came to win! I like him.
- Survivor posted a 2.3, down 12% from last week to a series low.
- God I hope Colton is gone soon, his presence actively subtracts from my enjoyment of the show for every minute he is on screen.
- Watching next week's show, Colton's bf has to embarrassed by the way he's acting like a crying Mary running to him. OMG!
- Glad to see Rupert go. Just a blowhard.
I think these psychos that CBS has been selecting harms their shows and it shows in the ratings.
Aaryn and Amanda were uncomfortable to watch, not fun. And so was Andy, for different reasons.
Now Colton is behaving badly (again) and the ratings are in the toilet.
Mental illness and bad manners to not necessarily translate into eyeballs watching.
- I agree with others about Colton. I said to my partner last night that if he is not voted off within the next couple of episodes, I'm through with watching. He literally makes me sick to my stomach. (I was very pissed when the newbies lost the immunity challenge last night, just because I knew Colton couldn't be voted off.)
- R114 said "Can ANY of these reality shows EVER feature a gay or lesbian who is not the most obnoxious sort of stereotype?"
The 2 guys [red team] that came in 3rd on Capture were great and so was Clay Aiken who came in 2nd on Celebrity Apprentice 5. He was surprisingly good and not at all flamboyant. He deserved to win over Arsenio Hall.
- R114, I was going to point out that Ami Cusack from the Vanuatu and first of the Fans vs. Favorites seasons was a reasonably well adjusted lez. But then I found this on her wiki page:
"Cusack's Survivor: Vanuatu bio states she was dating a woman named Crissy. Her girlfriend also appeared on the show. However, in an interview, Cusack stated "I'm not gay. I never was gay. I'm just very openhearted. I was very much in love with Crissy, but things just didn't work out between us. I still love her, and she's my closest friend today." In a 2008 interview with AfterEllen, Cusack also said: "Oh gosh, I don't know. I don't know if I would put a specific label on any of it. I mean, if I met the woman of my dreams and fell in love, I would stay with her, and if I met the man of my dreams and fell in love, I would stay with him. Like, I don't know. "Bisexual" doesn't really seem to fit me, and "lesbian" doesn't really fit. I don't know. I don't know what I would classify myself [as].
Does that make you feel better? I kind of liked her but maybe she isn't well adjusted after all.
- "Can ANY of these reality shows EVER feature a gay or lesbian who is not the most obnoxious sort of stereotype?"
Have you ever BEEN to a gay bar?
- R168, don't assume we all go to gay bars. I don't drink nor am I promiscuous.
- The gay guys and gals on Project Runway and Top Chef are a pretty good cross-section.
- I didn't watch but Colton is looking hot 'n trim in his portrait for CBS. I think he really learned a lesson from his first time on Survivor according to that season's reunion show.
- Colton's true personality is coming out. You all are about to witness a repeat of the most toxic gay to ever appear on reality television.
EVERYTHING he says is negative. He's bitching about his tribe mates bonding with each other. There is nothing that man won't try to tear down with negativity. And he is correct about one thing, he thrives on chaos.
- [quote]Mental illness and bad manners to not necessarily translate into eyeballs watching.
Agreed. The viewers want a Lisa Whelchel type to root for.
- R171, you are 0 for 2 in your uninformed observations.
- Actually, R171, I was unduly harsh in that comment. He may look good in that photo and he may have seemed contrite in the reunion show. But the episodes this season have quickly revealed that he's still a hateful, miserable, out of shape fatass.
- [quote]Agreed. The viewers want a Lisa Whelchel type to root for.
I'd rather have Lisa than Colton any day.
- Colton makes me think of My Little Pony villain, Discord, as they both want to create chaos.
- Well 165, I'm on the opposite end. I'll continue watching as long as Colton is on and I hope he does stir up trouble, makes great tv. Once he is gone, I'm done with Survivor.
- We have references to r165 and r171 YET we only have 150 posts. ODD
- Dude, refresh your page. You're R179.
- Colton's boyfriend seems a bit dimwitted but I am in love with him.
- I think Probst is fairly tone deaf as to what the viewers want to see and continually brings his favorites in over and over. Fourth time for Rupert??? Really?? Even if you loved the guy, do you want to see the same person play the stupid game 4 times? I'm frankly surprised that Coach isn't back again.
- If they royally fuck up the finale like they did on the last installment of Survivor, expect them to sit all the contestants in the audience with the exception of a ten minute segment devoted to Rupert.
- Survivor 28: Hantz Island, featuring Rob Mariano, with Special Guest Star "Coach"!
Sound tempting, folks? THIS IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT!!!
- And the thing is RUPERT WILL NEVER WIN SURVIVOR!!!! It's never going to happen so stop inviting back people who have no idea how to play the game even after SEVERAL attempts! Are they saving up the good Survivor players for their next All Stars? I think they must be. The rumours of an all winners season seem about right.
- They should do a Survivors: Male Hotties season.
The players could be Colby Donaldson, Kel Gleason, Silas Gaither, Hunter Ellis, Rob Cesternino, Burton Roberts, Shawn Cohen, John Kenney, Nick Stanbury, J.P. Calderon, Adam Gentry, Kenward "Boo" Bernis, Erik Huffman, Shannon Elkins, Chase Rice, Mike Chiesl, Pete Yurkowski, Carter Williams and John Cody.
- Colton rocks! Go Colton!
- Are Boston Rob and Rupert officially tied for the most [italic]Survivor[/italic]s?
- I'm not sure R188, but I lead in the only category that matters.
- R189 true, sandra is the best player and for some reason most unsung player of all time. Played twice and won that shit twice, then disappeared with no fame whoring. Amazing.
That's because, despite being on nearly 15 years, there are many people who don't understand [italic]Survivor[/italic].
- So true R190. People who don't understand Sandra's gameplay don't understand Survivor.
Do we think they'd have enough players for an All Winners season? Sandra, Rich Hatch, Kim Spradlin, Amber, Danni Boatwright, Paravati, Todd, Fabio, Tom and maybe 1 other from a recent season would be my guess. That's only 10. A lot of them don't want to come back or can't or have played too many times already. I'm wondering if they'll do a Winners team and a Final 3 team. In which case that little Hantz bitch will get another run and stink up the place. It'd be a good excuse to get people like Neleh & Kelly Wigglesworth back. That could be an amazing season actually.
- Ambah doesn't seem to want to play again.
- I want to see a SURVIVOR season made up entirely of the first contestant voted off.
- I do too r194!
- Oh me too, R194!!
- On the next Survivor, its just going to be 12 weeks of Rupert. He will be the only contestant, because that's what people want to see.
However, he still won't win.
- I am surprising liking the twist with the family members this season, I thought I will hate it but it does make the voting more interesting.
Still hate redemption island, it just seems like it wastes screen time. I rather have more crazy/hilarious commentaries from Tyson. I also like the reward challenges more.
I am happy Rupert is gone, I liked him on his first season but afterwards he just got super annoying.
I kind of want Candace to come back.
I'd meet you in the middle on this if you were to say you like the family members … "[and] want all returning players immediately gone, as [italic]Blood vs. Water[/italic] changes course and takes viewers on a journey only with the 'loved ones.'"
- I would die to see a season of new people with simple rules.
- Agreed R200 but they've said there will be returning players every single time now. Amazing location, great cast & exciting challenges is all they really need.
- I want to be the middle of an Aras/Vytas sandwich.
- Colton is going to leave tonight.
- Poor pissy sissy Colton. Worst player ever.
- Colton Cumwhore is OUT!
- That John is one hot man.
- Which one is John?
- Glad that's over! What a whiney mess, typical self-centered queen. If I were Colton's boyfriend (well, that simply would never happen) I'd be humiliated witnessing a meltdown like that! I mean, I really can't fathom another person sitting there watching that spectacle and thinking "Yup, that's my guy" without immediately thinking "and what the fuck have I been smoking." But having said that, they may be two peas in a pod back home. Although, he seems like a big wussy pushover on the island.
- [quote]Poor pissy sissy Colton. Worst player ever.
I'm so glad the Wicked Witch is gone, now I can finally enjoy the show.
- BLINDSIDED! I'm starting to dislike the tattoo guy, he's ugly.
- Well I was jealous. Who wouldn't want the lap of their cuddle bear to retreat to when blue skies turn stormy? And you get to keep your souvenir buff as well.
- Probst claimed Colton really quit the first time as well. There apparently was nothing wrong once he was examined after he left Survivor. May have been harsh for Probst to say it on national TV, but Colton is an adult.
Why in the world did he go back on the show?
- I cringed with Colton flopped into his bf's lap. What a ridiculous drama queen.
Douchpepper needs a big does of STFU. I so wish his tribe had the balls to vote his ass out. However I may actually begin to like Candace if she does indeed flip him off.
- Culpepper would have been a better blindside. I hope John tells the group next week that Culpepper knows all the clues to the immunity idol.
- I hate the fact we're calling him "Culpepper".
- Colton has a deluded idea that he can "run the show" which he mentioned in both seasons. But he doesn't seem to be able to do that if people don't cooperate with his way of running the show. So when he figures he might get voted out, he quits.
And it was an awfully neat way of getting his boyfriend on Survivor.
- Colton stood no chance of pulling his shenanigans, especially with vets. Tina, especially, is no dummy. Watch her hitch her wagon to Aras.
- The editors are finally getting a bit better. I wasn't sure if John had found the idol, if he would use the idol, if they would vote Culpepper instead.
Disappointed that some of the eye candy left, but maybe he'll do okay on Redemption.
Also glad Colton is gone and am hoping Tyson's injury doesn't cause him to pull out of the game.
After Vytas tried to push off Aras while they were supposedly retreating to neutral corners.... I'm not such a fan anymore. Poor sportsmanship. Glad Aras kicked his ass.
- I don't even remember Aras and I've watched every season. odd.
- I want Hayden to fuck me silly with his big cock.
Am I wrong for that?
- I fantasized that each castaway would get a chance to slap some sense into Colton a la the movie Airplane
- How lame did John have to be not to find the immunity idol with two clues. Hantz found several without any clues (granted the producers were probably handing them to him). The thing is, there is so much down time where all that goes on is sitting/laying around and bullshitting. If we're me, I'd be looking 24/7 for an idol until it was found. It's not like the others don't know what you're doing. Hell, I'd even be out there with a torch in the middle of the night looking. Unless Production is telling players when they can and cannot leave camp, which would suck.
- Now that Colton is out, there is no reason to watch the rest of this season. I'm done!
- R224 must be Colton.
Does Vytas ping to anyone else?
- a little r225....he did mention Aras' best body award
- LOL R226. I just found his yoga website. Do all male yoga types have to be this boring? Take a look at his sleep-inducing philosophy page.
- There is no Survivor without Colton. He's replaced Rupert as America's sweetheart.
- John pings,too,r225
- [quote] Colton is an adult.
Why in the world did he go back on the show?
Why did they ask him?
- Is Hayden the Big Brother guy with the blindingly white teeth?
- r220, he looks different than he did then. Much older looking and ridden hard.
- Jeff's pissy zings toward Colton were priceless.
- Jeff doesn't like people who quit.
- [quote] Colton deserves to be back, he had to leave early last time because of health issues. So it's only fair that he gets another shot it and he makes for great tv!
Oooooh... sorry, Colton. But Probst just blasted that LIE out of the water. LOSER.
[quote] I've always been curious why Probst decides to call at least one or two of the male contestants by their last names, but not others. Mike Skupic was "Skupic" and last night it was "Culpepper". Weird.
Don't you know, bro? It's bro code for I'm totally down to suck your dick, bro. Hey bro, I'm totally masculine and work out all the time, but bro, that doesn't mean I can't suck your dick and you suck mine... right, bro? Besides, bro, you have a super fit body and you're MASCULINE like me, bro, so you know... we're not gay or anything... u know - bro?
Bro, we're totally not f***. We're just bros who like to be with other bros. Bro.
- [quote] Jeff's pissy zings toward Colton were priceless.
Jeff Probst should never have been given creative control over Survivor. He's a dimwit.
And he's a bossy bottom.
- Hayden is as annoyingly dumb here as he was on Big Brother.
- John looks like Superman.
What happened at Redemption Island? And who was blindsided?
- More importantly, was there any lovemaking between Tyson and Aras?
- r223, I hope you are not that naive as to think Russell found anything on his own without producers pointing him in the exact direction.
- Hmm... maybe Caleb has a chance now. That boy is cute, but must be a famewhore to hitch his rusty wagon to Colton's Pumpkin Carriage.
- How has Probst been so successfully on the down low all these years?
- Did anybody notice Hayden's reference to "pandora's box" on last night's episode?
- [quote] I hope John tells the group next week that Culpepper knows all the clues to the immunity idol.
Culpepper already told the group about the clues when he was trying to convince them to vote John out. So they know he knows, plus they know too!
- Any shirtless pics of Colton and Caleb?
- Did you know this? According to Wikipedia:
[quote]Survivor: Philippines castaway Roberta "RC" Saint-Amour and her father, Craig, were originally cast and traveled to the Philippines with the other castaways, but were pulled from the game the day before filming began due to Craig having high blood pressure.
[quote]They were replaced by Candice Cody of Survivor: Cook Islands and Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains and her husband, John.
Isn't working out so well for Candice and John...
- Shirtless (but ascoted) Colton
- Doesn't that belong on the Porky Pig thread?
- I don't understand why most of us here on DL can't support our own. On Big Brother, it seems most were against Andy and now against Colton. At least Andy won and Colton should have won too.
- To borrow a phrase from our Jewish friends:
Is he good for the gays?
- [quote]Did anybody notice Hayden's reference to "pandora's box" on last night's episode?
Yeah, I thought it was funny. Hayden should realize that Survivor isn't Big Brother.
I don't know if I like him this season, he's been pretty quiet.
- [quote]Now that Colton is out, there is no reason to watch the rest of this season. I'm done!
- I must have missed a season because I have to recollection of Aras...
- "I don't understand why most of us here on DL can't support our own. On Big Brother, it seems most were against Andy and now against Colton. At least Andy won and Colton should have won too. "
OMG, you are pathetic...Both are embarrassing
- [quote]I don't understand why most of us here on DL can't support our own. On Big Brother, it seems most were against Andy and now against Colton. At least Andy won and Colton should have won too.
Please tell me you are trolling. Do you think Colton should have won because he's gay or that we have to support our own even when they are the most vile and weakest player out there?
- R249 Has got to be trolling. I never watched Big Brother this summer, so can't comment on Andy. Colton is not likeable in any way. Bitchy and whiney on both seasons and oh so transparent. And then there was his racist and classist comments and actions on his first season. He's a silver-spoon brat who has never grown up and probably never will. His boyfriend Caleb seems like a decent, likeable guy, but there has to be something wrong there to be with someone like Colton.
- He couldn't win or even compete so he just quit. That's like a football game where the score is 21 to 7 and the losing team just says "let's go home."
Unsportsmanlike and pathetic. Not somebody you root for.
- On Wednesday CBS’ all-veteran lineup held steady. Survivor (2.6) rebounded nicely from last week’s series low fast national, up 13%.
People tuned in to see Colton quit!
- Probst covers well with his uber manliness, despite his obvious hard on for Culpepper. On his short lived talk show he interviewed Hugh Jackman...it was like watching a 12 year old girl ogle Justin Bieber. I swear at some point I thought Probst was just going to blow Jackman right there on camera.
He is in the same under cover gay boat as John Stamos. People never ever seem to believe the gay stories.
- So there are no shirtless pics of Caleb and Colton anywhere?
- [quote]On his short lived talk show he interviewed Hugh Jackman
Yes, hon. You told us at r149
- Didn't Probst break up Mark-Paul Gosselar's marriage?
- Caleb and Colton on the next Amazing Race!
- Sorry Hon didn't know you kept tabs on 300 posts about jeff probsts...how do you have time to feed your 30 cats?
- Caleb doesn't seem to want to take off his shirt.
- I love how Culpepper counted him - We have four guys and a gay guy...
- So Caleb and Colton have never taken off their shirts on the show?
- Why not?
- Is the Ozzy troll now obsessed with Colton's moobs?
- That otter Caleb can do waaay better than Colton.
- Jeff Probst is straight, and I'm just the dame to prove it!
- On the other hand, people like R259 simply cannot believe some men are entirely straight.
- Culpepper only voted off John because he rejected his advances at the waterfall.
- Aras won his season basically because he let Cirie strategize for him. He was also hugely jealous of challenge king Terry.
Douchepepper is playing an extremely stupid game. He's doing nothing but painting a giant target on his back. If he makes it to merge he'll be one of the first voted out unless he wins immunity.
- Thanks for the laugh,r271 about Tina's tits!! Ewww..but she seems to be circling the winners drain again-no one is paying attention to her until its too late-just like Sandra!
- Even though I hated to see Colton leave, I don't blame him for doing so. He knew the others were conspiring against him and were going to vote him out at the first opportunity, so he beat them to it and didn't give them the satisfaction. Good for him.
- Right now, there are two people I consider wanting to see win: Colton's boyfriend, for enduring; Rupert's wife, just for the irony of him being on four times, overly appreciated, and that it would be hilarious if his wife were to win with her first try.
As for the returning players - fuck them!
- [bold][italic]Impressions (so far):[/italic][/bold]
Aras and his brother - Immature and unhealthy
Tyson and his girl - Doomed
Rupert and his wife - She seems somewhat smart about [italic]Survivor[/italic] (unlike her husband)
Candice and her husband - Dumb (both)
Monica and her spouse - Losers
Gervase and his female relative (whomever she is) - He's still as dumb as he was in 2000 (and, as unfair as that is, it's crushing her)
Laura and her daughter - Too soon
Colton and his man - I feel for the man
Kim and her boyfriend - Wait and see
Tina and her daughter - Stay tuned
Perhaps this edition will be won by a woman.
- I so hope Caleb was just using Colton to get on Survivor. What could any man see in such a panty waist?
- Probst's line to Colton should become a classic...
"You're the one who should have never got up off the couch."
Caleb seemed surprisingly (or not?) removed from his lover's melodrama. Here we go again...
"If you need to do this, then do it. You know me, I don't care."
Caleb's seen it a million times and now just wants to get through the melodrama for some peace until the next one.
- R278, you forgot Hayden and Kat. I'm for Laura or Caleb for the same reasons as R277 and also throw Hayden in there.
- [quote] He's a silver-spoon brat who has never grown up and probably never will. His boyfriend Caleb seems like a decent, likeable guy, but there has to be something wrong there to be with someone like Colton.
I think you answered your own question. It's all about the money, honey. Caleb is probably poor, and hitched his wagon to Colton, who's probably part of his small town's "elite."
I'm guessing that the pickins are mighty slim in Alabama, and Caleb feels like he's with a Hollywood STAH.
Poor guy. I hope he gets famous from this show and dumps Colton on his WHINY ASS!
- In a "secret scene" we see Caleb and his tribe's reaction to Colton quitting the show.
(the video begins after the 1 1/2 min ad)
- From an interview with Colton:
Q: Would you play Survivor again?
A: They'd never ask me, but no I wouldn't, ever. I'm over it. Please forget me -- lose my number.
- Miss Probst must be LIVID after reading that interview, R284.
She honestly think that her show is the end all and be all of television.
Poor, deluded Probst.
- Colton's "breakdown" almost made me physically ill. What a piss-poor example of a gay man. Fortunately, Caleb evens it out, but like probably every person watching, all I can think is "why is Caleb with someone like that?"
And, of course, was unhappy seeing John voted off. He was the only guy on either team who was remotely sexy. Forget the others.
Pretty homely bunch.
- Brad doesn't seem to realize it's important to take numbers into the merge. He orchestrated the ouster of his tribe's two strongest women and now its strongest man.
His alliance will be picked off one by one after the merge.
Brad may be the "leader" on his tribe, but he doesn't understand how the game is played. Plus, he's an ass.
- Which one is Brad? Culpepper?
- I did laugh when that angry girl screamed, "FUCK YOU, BRAD CULPEPPER!!!!"
I mistakenly wrote [italic]Kim[/italic] when I meant Kat. Sometimes I can screw up when a name I am thinking starts with the same initial.
[quote]Kim and her boyfriend - Wait and see
[bold][italic]Kat[/italic] and her boyfriend - Wait and see[/bold]
Sorry about that!
- I agree r276, Colton didn't stand a chance, they were going to get rid of him the first chance they got.
- Just found out that Cochran and openly gay Rafe Judkins are both writers for tv shows now-for We Are The Millers and Marvel Agents of Shield, respectively
- Anyone know where I can view episodes online that also works with iPhone and is free? Thanks!!
- Did Colton give away the winner in r284's link? Sure seemed like it.
- What are the chances that Probst will allow Colton to appear on the finale?
- I can't get over how Aras pings to high heaven for me. Vytas pings to some extent too, but I've thought Aras was gay since seeing him on his first season in 2006. In fact, I remember a lot of the Survivor community thinking the same thing. Apparently, he has a model girlfriend, which doesn't help his straight case. I'm not sure if a closeted gay guy would be comfortable cuddling another guy (Tyson) on national tv though. It's just that Aras is someone on my "I absolutely can't believe his straight" list.
- Here's Aras and his girlfriend. I'm just not convinced.
- R295, it may depend on how well Caleb manages to do.
- I went back and read Colton's interview. He MAY have given away the name of someone who went far in this season, but not necessarily the winner. The big question is did Colron do it in purpose, or by accident?
- The most any contestant can possibly know is who the finalists are.
- In case anyone has forgotten what it takes to be a great host.
- R301, I'm a dummy. Is that for real or photoshopped? I'd have thought he'd have a nicer house by now.
- So per r284's link,Colton did all of this so that his boyfriend could go far in the game? Bish,please!! There's not an altruistic bone in his body-well,maybe just one-lol! But he really is a sociopath,isn't he? Aras and the rest of his tribe were on to his mind games so he packed up his toys and refused to play anymore! I wonder what issues Caleb has to put up with someone like that?
- It's pointless to give any serious attention to anything Colten says or does.
His Mammy didn't raise him right, bless his heart.
- Mammy Watkins?
- "The most any contestant can possibly know is who the finalists are."
Mostly agree. But, last season, the jury must have know that Cochran was going to win. They had a lot of time to talk at Ponderosa, and only Cochran received any winning votes.
- R302, what makes you think that's his house?
- [quote]Anyone know where I can view episodes online that also works with iPhone and is free? Thanks!!
The CBS app?
- Colton is dreamy
- Am I missing something? Who did Colton suggest made it far in the game?
- Colton was unfairly targeted by his tribe.
- And Colton is clearly posting on this site
- Brad Culpepper is lucky that he is on a team with people who have never played Survivor before. More seasoned players would have voted him out when Brad said he was not going to vote John out himself (up to the others to write John's name down).
- I want Culpepper inside me quite deeply.
- Anything over seven inches and someone is going to get hurt.
- [quote] Who did Colton suggest made it far in the game?
- I don't like Colton at all, and I'm not disappointed he quit.
But I must say I don't totally sign on to Probst's belief that he faked an illness to quit the first time. Or at least it's not that simple. As Colton notes in the interview - last time around, he was calling the shots in his alliance and was well positioned to go far. I'd like to hear Probst's response to that.
That said, Colton will never be on this show again, and that's just fine. He seems like a real mess.
- Colton would have been axed shortly after the merge
- Colton was tired of roughing it. I totally think he got on just to get his BF on Survivor.
- I assume Colton will get fan favorite this season because of all he had to suffer.
- Thump for John Cody!
- [quote]I assume Colton will get fan favorite this season because of all he had to suffer.
Is that a joke?
- My daddy says Colton will get fan favorite because no one's gonna vote against a queer.
- Does anyone know if Colten's boyfriend can speak or not? Is he mute or just quiet?
Love you Caleb ... One of the best moves ever.
Monica .....Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You just know Culpepper is going to let the little woman take his place. ugh.
- Caleb bring the drama sans tears.
Way to go, Big C.
Now that is how Survivor is played!
- Second spoiler ,,,, funniest bit was Culpepper leaving telling everyone he was okay and saying he made a bad move.
Yea ... That was last week when you told everyone you wouldn't be voting for John in the blindside.
This week you just added to your lack of trustworthiness. Fun to see Probst call him out.
- Hello, I'm Jeff Probst and I'll never be photographed in anything other than a blue shirt.
- Next week has Culpepper's wife begging to bring back her husband back in the game. Can they do that?
- If she does take his place, he doesn't go back to his team but replaces her where he will be low man on the totem pole.
- Will they auction off Jeff's blue button down shirt when Survivor ends?
- I still want Culpepper inside me quite deeply.
- At least Jeff gave up the cowboy hat he wore a few years ago.
- R332, we are so fucking tired of you and your "quite deeply" schtick. Can't you come up with something new?
- If Monica does take her douche husband's place, his new tribe would be stupid not to vote him out asap
- Hopefully he realizes he has a better shot trying to earn his way back in through redemption since she just put a bigger target on her own back. Should have kept the clue Monica.
- Jeff's bitchy commentary gets more grating every season. I wish one of them would yell, "shut the fuck up".
- [quote] You just know Culpepper is going to let the little woman take his place. ugh.
I would guess that he doesn't take her up on it. (1) he probably thinks he can beat his Redemption competition; and (2) he'll want his wife to stay in the game.
- Never seriously in doubt, but Caleb is totally the top in that relationship. But, fucking Colton ? Ewwwwww .....
- [quote]If Monica does take her douche husband's place, his new tribe would be stupid not to vote him out asap
If Galang ever loses a challenge.
- Will Brad and John make up while Candice is sleeping?
- Caleb is the ultimate hotness. He seems to keep his shirt on a lot, perhaps from self-consciousness about his "fit-fat" (which is far from a dealbreaker to me). I hope we see more of him shirtless.
But what what what the hell is he doing with Colton?!
- ^Caleb is most likely a Republican, if he's with Colton.
- Because you guys have gotten to know Caleb he is hot.
But if you just saw him on the street, without knowing anything about him, you'd say he was fat and wouldn't give him the time of day.
Cause gays mostly are superficial.
- Nope, R344. Caleb has the look that epitomizes "hot man" to me. I would probably find him less hot if I really got to know him, since I suspect he must be a Log Cabin type like Colton.
- [quote] Caleb has the look that epitomizes "hot man" to me.
BS. He is fat, and you wouldn't give him the time of day. Unless you like fit-fat guys.
- [quote]Unless you like fit-fat guys.
As it happens, I do.
- Great for you R347!
But my point is that all this fawning over Caleb is great. Cause guys have gotten to know him.
But if they didn't, and just saw him on the street. He wouldn't get the time of day.
- I also think Caleb is hot. Perhaps a bit short, though.
The shots of people fishing in the crystal clear water were amazing. This is still a really beautifully filmed show.
- It is his personality that is shining through R349
- R348, you seem to think that all gay men go only for the plucked and six-packed look prevalent in porn and modeling portfolios. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't personally find Caleb attractive, but I have some friends who certainly would. Vive la difference!
- R351 I agree with you.
But how many times have there been thread about certain male celebs who have put on weight, or are fit fat.
Or someone has posted pictures of fit fat guys, and DL posters are relentlessly saying they are FAT.
So that is all I'm saying. People like Caleb because his personality comes through, and some guys do like Fit Fat guys.
But the mantra here at DL has been to slam guys who don't have that six-packed look prevalent in porn and modeling portfolios.
- His personality isn't showing through anything. We only get glimpses here and there. You'll see plenty of us thought he was attractive from the first day where the only impression we got was his looks. His strategery (sic) though, seems to be on cue. Again, makes me wonder why he is with Colton because this boy can think. This move seems a little late, though... should've been made before getting rid of John as now they are a very physically weak team.
- That tribal council was awesome. One of the best ever. Good for Caleb.
- It would be sweet if John and Candice beat either Culpepper or his surgically monstrous wife.
- Burning the hidden immunity idol clue--big, bold, badass move. So now no one is even going to bother looking for it for fear that it will make them a target? Good. I always hated the hidden idols.
- r352, the point you are tiresomely and relentlessly trying to make is an idiotic one.
- Then you are right R357
You are absolutely right and R352 are completely and totally wrong.
- I wonder if whoever keeps insisting that we would TOTALLY THINK CALEB IS FAT IN REAL LIFE GOD DAMN YOU would kindly fall into a grease fire. Thanks.
- Not according to this thread R359
- That was probably the most brilliant survivor move ever. Calling out Brad in tribal and then saying "I am writing down Brad's name.." was just fucking amazing.
- Yeah Caleb really made himself a force in the game with that move. Pretty great stuff. He's the player Colton wishes he could be.
I suspect it's true what others earlier theorized about the Caleb/Colton relationship: that Caleb saw a way to get himself on Survivor.
- CBS’ Survivor (2.4) was down 8% from its fast national last week.
- I wish they would keep the camera on Caleb long enough so we can get a good view of him with his shirt off.
I can't imagine why he is with Colton.
I guess even Hitler had a girlfriend.
- Another question is why would Colton be with HIM?
It seems he's a farmer/hunter of some kind, and isn't that a bit down market for someone like Colton?
- I think he work at the Post Office. That could be a good job in Alabama.
- Colton should consider himself lucky to get anyone whatsoever without cash changing hands.
- Even while exchanging cash Colton would be lucky to get any.
- C'mon, Colton is an Elizabethan Taylor type of beautiful looking man, it's just everything else about him is repulsive. Caleb will probably become conceited now, but there's no way any voters would throw a million his way knowin' it would be shared with the miserable Colton.
- We just know that Colton is a bossy bottom. I assume Caleb has a decent size cock.
- Hah! I wasn't able to get on DL last night, but while I was watching and they showed the brief shots of Caleb shirtless, I *knew* there would be 'fit-fat' discussions about him here today!
Thanks DL for never disappointing!
- I think Jeff died a little inside when Brad was voted off, I think he wanted to kiss him goodbye.
- Jeff and Brad might be hot together.
- *throwing hands up in the air*
Culpepper wins my heart and my hole!
- Culpepper is ugly.
- Caleb is from Collinsville Alabama where the
per capita income for the town was $13,042.
- Culpepper reminds me of porn star Girth Brooks.
- Just saw the episode. Brilliant play at tribal council.
I had to wonder why no one has done it before. There are plenty of opportunities over the seasons to call out someone, yet the players never seem to shake things up.
Caleb has a handsome face, and the previews of him in the raft didn't look too shabby, either.
Brad's wife looks like she'd melt if she got too close to the fire.
- Mjor mistake of thinking about what's going to happened at the merge too early in the game by Brad Culpepper.
- [quote]Just saw the episode. Brilliant play at tribal council.
I had to wonder why no one has done it before. There are plenty of opportunities over the seasons to call out someone, yet the players never seem to shake things up.
I'm sure it has, that someone has said "I'm voting for you" or words to that effect. It doesn't always result in a tie with the intended target going out in the second round vote making it more exciting.
This time around it was a perceived weak player, a possible target taking out the de facto tribe leader which is really what blew the roof off the joint.
Not every season has a rockin' TC, but every now and then things get shaken up.
- Agree that Brad thought Caleb was a weak player, but wonder if others on the tribe agreed. I can stand Colton, but he seems to have thought Caleb was a good player. Despite everything, Colton was a relatively good judge of people in his first season before he quit.
- Colton is just putting on an act. In real life, he is a super macho, aggressive top.
- Culpepper probably had brain damage from his NFL days. His tattoo on his chest (over his heart) that reads "Honor" in flowery script--what the fuck is that about? Weirdo but he makes good TV.
- I wonder why Marissa's puzzle didn't fit when she was so far ahead of Candice? Hmmmm....seems like a bit of producer intervention to get a husband/wife reunion on Redeption Isle...
- Caleb, Laura Boneham, and Tyson. Yeah, and Gervase as well.
- It looked like Marissa was a quarter turn off, so she couldn't get the undercarriage aligned with the pieces.
- Tyson is straight?
- R378, You wonder why no one has done it before.
Malcolm Freberg did the exact same move to get out Phillip last year.
- Who is Malcolm Freburg?
- Malcolm was a very popular contestant on Survivor in both the fall and spring seasons of the show during 2012-2013.
He did not win, although came closer the first time he played.
- It was not the producers' decision to have Marissa do that puzzle, R384 so your dumb-ass conspiracy is DOA
- Does anyone have any pics of Malcolm Freeberg?
- Would love to see Hayden complete the reality show trifecta by appearing on The Amazing Race. He's a natural fit with his mix of frat boy/ nice guy persona.
It seems Caleb show a side of himself next week that is more on line with his partner Colton. Can't wait!!
- R388, I think you're wrong. Malcolm used an idol to get Phillip out. Caleb did not need an idol to get Brad out.
- How can you not know the hotness that is Malcolm Freberg?
- I can't tell if you are being funny, r395.
- [quote]Does anyone have any pics of Malcolm Freeberg?
Is your Google broken, grandpa?
- Can we please stop calling him Culpepper? Its just too bro-tastic. Call him Brad.
- R394, well I suppose saying Malcolm did the exact same thing was a bit of an exaggeration. R378 said "I had to wonder why no one has done it before. There are plenty of opportunities over the seasons to call out someone, yet the players never seem to shake things up. " so by the exact same thing I meant that Malcolm announced at tribal council that he was voting out Phillip, he also announced that Eddie and Reynold would be voting out Phillip. R378 wondered why this had never happened before at tribal and I simply was pointing out it had happened. At the time it was considered the boldest move in Survivor history. I believe Caleb got the idea from Malcolm's move, you are free to disagree.
- R399: Malcolm made a bold move, but the only person who truly did well from it was Eddie Fox who finished 4th. At the time, polling of jury seem to indicate Eddie would have won, if he had made the Final Three.
- Well we don't yet know how well that bold move will work out for Caleb. CBS is "claiming" this next episode will be a most surprising blind side.
As far as Malcolm is concerned, Rarely in Survivor has the hot young stud made it to the finals, let alone won. Being that type puts a huge target on your back that is almost impossible to overcome. No one wants to have to face them in the finals.
- I love Culpepper.
- [quote]I can't tell if you are being funny, [R395].
I'm serious. For reals. Malcom is the hotness.
- R401: Fabio (Jud) won Survivor a few years ago.
Back then a fit, athletic male could sweep the last few challenges after successfully remaining in the background during the early and middle days of the season. It's more difficult now because the last few challenges seldom rely just on athletic ability. As I mentioned above, Eddie made it to Final Four last season without winning any challenges.
Fabio and Eddie may not fit everyone definition of hot young studs. Both men came across as relatively dumb and low key, so the juries did not see them as dangerous. (You can remove the word relatively on reference to Eddie.)
- [quote] Malcolm made a bold move, but the only person who truly did well from it was Eddie Fox who finished 4th. At the time, polling of jury seem to indicate Eddie would have won, if he had made the Final Three.
Who the hell remembers all this shit?
- The 'bold move' is the creepy waxen wife of the tatted football player wants to trade places so hubs can continue in the game.
I have a feeling this will happen.
- "Who the hell remembers all this shit?"
Uh, it happened just a few moments ago, Spring 2013.
- JEFF, STFU!!!
- Do you think we will see Caleb with his shirt off tonight?
- I don't think he has hardly had his shirt on so far.
- We did R409
- Vytas told Caleb he had nice skin, while they were sitting shirtless on the boat.
- Monica's facelift is terrifying
- Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up Vytas flirting with Caleb on the boat in an attempt to curry favor with him. It wasn't only his "you have nice skin" comment but the vibe he was giving off leading up to it.
Vytas is getting a lot of screen time this season. Monica is getting a lot too, unfortunately, that woman is so boring and it hurts to look at how tight her skin is stretched.
I like the Tadhana tribe with the five they currently have and no Brad, seems like an interesting group of people.
Aras is so stupid, why did he eliminate an ally of his so soon? I don't understand the decision for him voting off the person he did. Can anyone explain?
- Culpepper is a lawyer. Surprised he didn't know better than to play so hard right out of the gate. Was expecting the returnees to vote out Monica to force a loved one match at the duel. That's what I would be doing with existing pairs of loved ones.
- In many ways his decision was like the one made in 'I Am Curious(Yellow).
Those last immunities won by Fabio weren't all physical. At least one was puzzle-solving. The last was a balancing act.
- r414, Aras thought that if they vote off Laura M. instead of Laura B. that she would stand a better chance of beating Brad Culpepper at redemption island. Laura M is really good at puzzles and seems many of the challenges there have some puzzle component.
Another possibility if you noticed when Laura M was giving Aras a massage, Tyson gave them a jealous look. She had her hands all over his cuddle buddy. Aras didn't want Tyson getting so jealous.
- Laura M seemed to be planned as one of the first three going out anyway ...so her move to first wasn't that shocking. They seemed to sacrifice her to try to take out Culpepper and solidify Monica as part of their five. I guess keeping a strong five makes more sense than pushing out Monica and going 4to 3
- Monica was unbearably obnoxious this episode. When she was whining to Candace about how Candace "hurt her feelings" by cursing at Brad, Candace had the perfect comeback. "You hurt my feelings by writing down my name on the first day." Boom! Monica shut up.
Brad was equally obnoxious insisting to Candace that nobody on his old tribe harbors ill will toward him, including John.
- Ok, thanks for the explanation about the choice to vote out Laura M. I still think it's sort of a stupid move on Aras's part. Yeah, she might beat Brad, but the challenges on Redemption Island are like carnival games, almost anyone can win them, and Aras turned against a solid ally. If she gets back in the game, she'll have animosity toward him too. Not the best move IMO.
I wonder what the twist is going to be next week that was previewed. I hope they don't do a tribal swap or merge yet.
- It sounded like a swap R421, but who knows?
Weren't they billing this as one of the biggest blind sides in Survivor history? Because it wasn't even close. If she wasn't sent packing at this tribal council, it would have been the next one. Big Fucking Woop.
- Monica seems perfectly "nice" but like someone who would annoy the hell out of you in real life.
- I think they are going to chose new tribes next week to shake things up. It will be interesting if some loved ones end up on the same tribes.
- I forgot to mention that I love the realness of most of the remaining people. The big "characters" like Colton, Rupert, and Brad were voted off early, so it's great to see regular people play. There isn't anyone left on the season that I really dislike, which is so rare. I'm rooting for Caleb, the Tadhana girls, and Vytas to take it far.
- I wish you people would pick up a book instead of watching this tripe.
- Aras and Vytas are great dog names.
- R426, what an idiotic statement. First you have absolutely no idea how much or how little reading any of us do. You posting on DL isn't exactly high brow. Instead of being a judgmental cunt towards people you know nothing about other than they enjoy a reality TV program, maybe YOU should go read a book. Or stuff one up your asshole.
- Monica is a drag. Hilarious that Laura M. was cast out by Aras after pawing him like a baboon earlier in the show.
- R426 has a Seasons Pass to Real Housewives of East Bumfuck on her TiVo.
- Did anyone hear what Brad Culpepper say to Laura M. at the very end of the show? When she joined them on Redemption Island, Brad said "How did you guys lose?" in an incredulous voice.
Haha. Big strong Brad didn't realize his macho chauvinism hurt his team's chemistry. They were stronger without him.
- Brad is a douche and his plastic wife is an entitled hag. I really think it was the wrong move not to vote Monica to Redemption Island. If Brad does make it back into the game, she'll be following his marching orders.
As a side note, how many think that Probst had to go back to Ponderosa to jack off about his mancrush staying in the game?
- Was that boring tonight or what?
- I still want Brad Culpepper inside me quite deeply.
- Well, without Cirie to guide him to the finish like in his first season,r414, Aras is exposed for the weak player he is. Love to look at him,though! And Caleb/Colton don't seen to be the only gays playing this season,since both the Baskauskas brothers and Tyson ping...
And something tells me that the producers want Laura B to go far in this game- a nice twist that she makes it to the finals when Rupert hasn't after four tries!
Overall, I really like this season so far.
- R434, that has really gotten stale, you know.
- Am I bovvered, R436?
This is a very disappointing season. Both Lauras are dreary.
- Each season, I usually end uprooting for a couple men and a couple women, and at least one tends to make the finale.
This season, now that Candace and Marissa are out, I don't find any of the women particularly easy to root for. I don't like Monica, Laura B., Laura M. or Tina. Sierra and Katie are just about worthless. Kat is much improved but annoyed me too much her season.
I like the brothers and Tyson.
- R433 .... voting out Laura B would've been more boring ..... the loved one tribe losing again would've been more boring .... I will say that challenge was not one of the best though ....
Shame that John and Candace didn't get to send Culpepper packing.
I thought of this the first time tonight .... John and Candace were probably the first survivors having sex ........ I wonder if the boyfriend/girlfriend and husband/wife couples were provided with protection or the pill or something ..... would be funny if Candace showed up at the reunion with an infant.
- I'm curious about Culpepper and his law degree.What kind of law does he practice?
- It's a lovely thought, R439, but I doubt John and Candace did much of anything with all the cameras around.
- DOH ... I'm SO wrong. ALL of the loved ones spent their first night with their returning player partner. So all the 'couples' fucked like bunnies that first night knowing they were about to be separated.
How quickly I forgot how the game started.
- They didn't know they were being separated from their loved ones until Jeff announced it on camera after the teams were brought together.
- Whitney Duncan and Keith Tollefson were obliviously hooking up on their season. They are now engaged
- Check out Aras' tee shirt !!
- Culpepper does personal injury law with his partner Kurland in Tampa. Their commercials are on the air all day long - they're your "aggressive attorneys", that's their shtick.
- I want to hear a few more "fuck you , Brad Cullpepper!!"s before the season ends.
- Culpepperis waxen wife was Florida Homecoming Queen in 1991. He was in Sigma Chi and on the honor's list. Still he has trashy tats.
- Omg-I had no idea Brad weighed as much as 276lbs when he played football-and look at those braids!! He looks great now!
- r450, yikes. Unless I saw proof, I would not believe it was the same man.
- Someone posted on Survivor Sucks that Vytas is gay and OUT.
- Did anyone notice that both Laura's look alike?
- Do Vytas and Caleb keep each other warm at night?
- I think that Vytas is way hotter than Aras
- Vytas has tragic tinynip.
- [quote] Did anyone notice that both Laura's look alike?
Yes! I said this to myself last night (not out loud, but you know what I mean)
- Has Kat actually had one second of air time yet? Seeing the way the show has been edited in the past leads me to believe that she will be there at the end. The focus now is on those who won't be around later.
- Was not enthused before it started, but I've really enjoyed this season so far. I find it much more engaging in the early going than usual.
Also, I know that Culpepper is repellant to most, but I don't hate him and think he's way ugly-hot. He did play too hard and was delusional last night that his whole tribe likes him bunches. But I appreciate that he's at least capable of reeling it in sometimes and taking his lumps, as opposed to the constant grandiose douchiness of creeps like Coach and Russell Hantz.
- I think Vytas has the better body (hairier and toned), but Aras is more handsome. Vytas also has a nice speaking voice.
- After watching Vytas come on to Caleb in the boat, it had me wondering if he he ever sucked dick to support his drug habit
- Is there any reason to suspect that Vytas is straight?
- I want to lick Hayden's luscious hairy pits.
- R452's picture is gold. I think both the Baskauskas brothers ping.
Vytas definitely came onto Caleb in the boat. What straight guy talks about how he needs to exfoliate and compliments another man's skin? If he's straight, he's incredibly secure in his sexuality.
Vytas isn't the type I usually like, he's a little indie band looking, but there's something about him that's sexy. The shots of his body doing yoga on the cliff were delicious.
- [quote]Did anyone notice that both Laura's look alike?
- [quote]Vytas isn't the type I usually like, he's a little indie band looking, but there's something about him that's sexy. The shots of his body doing yoga on the cliff were delicious.
Totally agree. Vytas looks very hot doing Yoga.
- [quote]I want to lick Hayden's luscious hairy pits.
Hayden also has a nice treasure trail.
- It struck me last night when Vytas was naming Caleb's characteristics, I wondered why he didn't mention Caleb's being gay. Now it makes sense. Actually, no one mentioned Caleb being gay, and if you were just tuning in, you wouldn't know it.
Hayden's teeth are distractingly white.
Are those the brothers at r452? Wow! What was Vytas' costume supposed to be? (I guess Aras is Sexy Cop with no Pants!)
I want to yell at Candace, keep away from the campfire!
And the Laura who was voted off is unknown to me. I don't think I ever noticed her on this edition, nor do I remember her from a previous time.
- The Laura voted off is the mom of that Cilia girl who always loses the challenges for her tribe.
- I loved Laura M's message to Laura B while voting: "there's only room for one Laura on this tribe." Indeed!
- Nor do I,r469 and I've most every season if Survivor.
Did you guys know that Aras and Vytas' grandfather is actor Macdonald Carey? So they've been around the Hollywood atmosphere(read:gay)all their lives so I'm sure they're comfortable with expressing male bonding..and if there's such a thing as a Lithuanian look,Vytas certainly has it- he reminds me of actor Lawrence Harvey around the eyes,who was also Lithuanian. He is so my type-a reformed bad boy who still has a naughty streak-and his body is everything in r452's link!
- Thanks for the info, r472.
- I'm thinking that Vytas was dressed like a yoga instructor in that photo. And, no comments on his package in his black tights? You gays are slipping.
- Thanks, R472.
I do think it was a little funny how Vytas (and Hayden?) were going on about how Caleb couldn't be trusted. They just flipped on John at Brad's command a couple of episodes prior!
- The photo at R445 and the preview for next week lead me to think that Tyson will orchestrate Aras's exit... if not next week then eventually.
It would be nice if Laura B could turn that frown upside-down. Even after she knew she wasn't voted out she just sat there with that permanent scowl. Her desperation and high insecurity do make her annoying.
Monica is a total Stepford Wife around Brad. It was weird and creepy how at the end of Exile Island she parroted his instructions to her and roboticly did as she was ordered. Brad is living in a fantasy-land of his own making, believing that he's adored by everyone.
Jeff's challenge commentary has me reaching for my mute button. It's so much better to watch the challenges without his annoying and obnoxious play-by-play. I think it was Jessica in Survivor-Gabon who told Jeff to shut up during a challenge. I could be wrong... but I recall it was a blonde chick.
- Your welcome,r473,r475.
Any guesses why three of the hottest Survivors ever-Colby Donaldson,Burton Roberts and Silas Gaither-are still unmarried?
- Can't get a definite read on Colby, but I remember Burton pinging to high heaven, way beyond the Baskauskases. If I remember right, he even had a lisp, my God. And brought his mom as his family member.
CBS released the pics of next week's tribal swap. Don't click the link if you want to keep the suspense until the beginning of next week's episode, but I've linked to a photo of one of the new tribes. Pretty funny stuff, can't see them winning many challenges.
- Laura B reminds me of that serial killer Aileen Wuornos (spelling?). At least, how Charlize Theron portrayed her. She can be so awkward and smiles in such an uncomfortable way.
Sad to see Candice go. Wish it had been John who adds less to the show than Candice/Brad do. Candice and Brad are pretty similar when you think about it. Monica and John are both totally stepford wives!
Vytas and Aras don't strike me as gay just comfortable with themselves. Although who knows what Vytas might have done for a high back in the day!
- Loved Candace's last words to her husband: "no more tears." She's fierce. Jeff apparently became a big fan of hers as well this season.
- Jeff isn't a fan of any of the women. He likes his macho alpha boys that he can refer to by their last name, like Culpepper.
Remember how pissed Jeff was when I beat Russell? He was all pissy and mouthed off about how Russell was a better player than me.
- Ooh! If MacDonald Carey is Aras and Vytas' grandfather that makes Lynn Carey their aunt who provided the vocals for Kelly in BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS! Come on, one of them had to be gay.
- I caught up on the last three episodes last night.
Bye Colton. I don't hate him as much as some but he screwed himself with his indiscreet yapping with everyone. Whatever else might be wrong with him, he has great taste in boyfriends.
Love Caleb. I hope he wins.
Brad Culpepper is a big fat douche and his wife is a future Joan Rivers face. He gets a decent yearly pension from the NFL (250k?) and he's an ambulance chasing attorney. He doesn't need the million dollars.
Tina looks like she's about 75 years old but she's cruising under the radar and may go far.
Rupert's wife bugs the shit out of me.
Choosing the steaks instead of the fishing gear was a dumb, rookie move.
- Choosing the steaks was a bad idea?
Ah no. They can do the math. They're down to twelve. They know a merge is imminent. No need to get fishing gear when the tribe you are merging with already has it. Grab the steaks and all the cooking condiments. Eat the steaks and bring along all the condiments when you merge.
- Good point. I was catching up on three episodes last night so the actual numbers didn't register.
Maybe the steaks were a reasonable idea after all.
- No menton of Gervase's ass ? He was taped from the side talking to a female castmember.
His butt was round, high and juicey.
Surprised me as he's so thin.
- Caleb has a handsome face. I like his non-diva, backwoods average Joe-ness. He can do much better than Colton but I'm not sure why he doesn't know it. Alabama must have slim pickins.
- Vytas explained on Twitter that they chose the steaks because they were already having success fishing with whatever makeshift contraption they had concocted.
- Jeff Probst is also gay or seriously in denial. If Jeffy P. had his way, he would splay Boston Rob naked on a sling during the Survivor Reunion and rim Boston Rob's butthole in front of America.
- That picture at R478 is hysterical .....
They need to merge FAST because those stupid, stupid women will team up and vote out poor Vytas.
What a lame fucking tribe !!!
- Alabama is very homophobic,r487. Maybe Caleb feels more manly if he's with an ultra femme guy-like how some closeted men go for chicks with dicks. They get a little bit of both!
- Gervase is old.
I only came to the post to discuss that perfect ass. Lord he has the ass of an Olimpic track star. I paused and rewound about 20 times. That face is kinda busted, but you don't see the face pounding that from the back.
- Rumor has it that Jeffy snuck onto Redemption Island in the middle of the night and slept right between John and Culpepper.
- That's hot,r494!
- Vytas with the sibling rivalry, yoga and substance issues seemed gay to me from the first episode and his comments to Caleb on the boat just reaffirmed my impression.
Gervase is frequently fully nude in the video Straight and Butch.
- Hayden's man titties are almost as good as Burton's-almost!!
- Wednesday night’s Survivor (2.5/7) saw an immunity challenge with ring tosses and water slides and, of course, it saw someone get voted out. It also saw the vet reality series even with last week.
- You know they did that whole ring toss water slide thing to let the newbies win. Too many season have been lopsided tribes. This year is no different. Experience is bonus in this game and it was evident when the newbies with 5 strong guys got beat by grandma Tina and The douche with the popped shoulder's team. It was mostly a strength challenge and they were still second to the shore. Brad had to go he was greasy as hell. Hayden is dumber than Kat and that is saying a lot.
Taking the steaks was probably the smartest thing they did despite Jeff saying "they took food for a day over food for the rest of thier time here.." He is such a douche. To even try to hint there is no merge in a game of loved ones against loved ones is just stupid. "Hey lets not totally fuck up alliances by bringing related people back together on one tribe!" Yeah right.
- and is it just me or is what this show really needs are two things
Go back to unknowns
Bear Grylls is free.
- I don't mind the play-by-play commentary/observations from Jeff. It'd be weird if he stood silent or didn't pay attention to the action.
I assumed that the closeups of that chick's infected feet meant that she'd be airlifeted out of there. Maybe next week?
I like when Vitas said, "I feel bad for the girl but I really don't want to look at her nasty feet." You and me both, bro!
- Some of the context doesn't make sense. That we don't get enough info. In [italic]Caramoan[/italic], there was hostility against Sherri, the smartest of the Fans, and it was understandable Reynald and Eddie disliked her due to their having been on opposite ends. But Malcolm and Andrea copped bitch attitudes when they would have been smarter to look to her as more an ally than Dawn and Cochran - and even Brenda - who ended up fucking over Malcolm and Andrea. In the case of these favorites in [italic]Blood vs. Water[/italic], putting up a bitch attitude against Rupert's wife Laura, and I don't buy into bullshit they wanted to play with Rupert, made no sense. She momentarily annoyed people. Shit. These fuckers should want to get rid of some of the fat - the returnees (who know more to playing than the newbies). Thank goodness Artist (however his name is spelled) figured, "Fuck that. You have to be smart with your vote-outs of castaways. Now is not the time."
Smart Returnees: Artist and Tina
Dumb Returnee: Gervase and Monica
Smart Newbies: Waiting
Dumb Newbies: Brad
- Colton gets the smartest newbie award. He saw Brad was trying to "john" him and called him out on it in tribal, then annouced to the two girls, one of whom would be going out, that he was voting Brad and they should too. He forced a tie and Vitas turned on Brad.
He could have tried to do it all behind the scenes but that would have only solidified Hayden and Vitas as Colton being the one to go, they tell the girls boom Colton gone. It was a brillant move.
- You mean Caleb,r503
- You are talking about Aras, 502. I agree that Aras and Tina are the smartest of the returning players.
- The one useledd chick on the Rookies team said she hasn't been brushing her teeth.
Isn't that one of the things Survivor contestants are allowed to do off camera? Like going to the bathroom or contact lens wearers taking them out and switching to glasses?
They don't seriously go a month without brushing their teeth, do they? So what was she talking about?
- I also noticed Gervase's round, meaty ass. Also that they were blurring his cock bulge, which must mean it's impressive.
- I also noticed Gervase's ass and cock.
- I found it odd how, up until this week, they've rarely shown Caleb without his shirt, and this week, they almost went out of their way to do so.
Personally, I'd like him with a little more chest hair.
He's still my favorite left on the show, though.
- Personally, I'd like him with about 40 lbs less gut.
- [quote]Vytas with the sibling rivalry, yoga and substance issues seemed gay to me from the first episode and his comments to Caleb on the boat just reaffirmed my impression.
Most gays do Yoga. It is typically a gay work-out for your body.
- Do most gays do yoga, or are most yoga doers gay?
There's a difference.
- If they're hairy, they're a yoga bear.
- I've seen them using sticks to scrub their teeth and if you watch the Ponderosa vids thay always seem super happy to be able to brush their teeth. Also sometimes the rewards are soap and toothpaste/brushes.
- So I see DL is down again. At least for me. Heeeelllllloooooo?
- What happened? Was Datalounge hacked??
- I don't think so. This happens from time to time. When it comes back on, the WM erases all these interim messages. Should come on soon.
- Is Survivor going fundie again?
A couple of seasons ago we had regular prayer circles led by one of the castaways in which practically all the teammates participated.
Now this week's episode, after Tadhana won the challenge, Katie said "Thank you Jesus"
and then we have Tyson giving a little prayer upon slicing open some coconuts "Let us praise God for all the delicious fruits he puts on this planet for us to savor."
It being Tyson, I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or serious.
- Are the contestants voted off early held on the island for the full 39 days? I remember during the first seasons they were allowed to go home, which prompted much speculation on the Internet about who won based on how much weight they lost. We know only the jury goes to Ponderosa. Anyone know?
- [quote]Are the contestants voted off early held on the island for the full 39 days?
- Wtf is up with Tyson and Aras?! Check the pic of them outside the game-they even have matching beanies!
- quote]It'd be weird if he stood silent or didn't pay attention to the action.
Of course, but there is a lot of room for something in-between, rather than showing clear favoritism and belittling those he's not interested in.
- [quote]Is Survivor going fundie again?
Survivor has pretty much ALWAYS been a fundie fest. Ever since I started reading the DL Survivor threads I've been able to pick up on even the most subtle of fundie-isms. I'd bet the majority of Survivor participants have fundie ties.
- Remember many, many seasons ago, (one of the first few) some born-again blonde got very upset over her team being in possession of an "idol", and totally had a freak-out over being apparently forced into "idol-worship".
It was hilarious.
- I believe that was Africa - I don't remember her name but I think that was where they drank a glass of blood straight from the cow, and she was in the credits showing her enormous tongue after she'd drunk it. Chick was nuts.
- Did not understand Tyson at all in either of his seasons including the current one & do not particularly like him. But, he's in a very powerful alliance. Hope he's voted out soon.
- What's next for our scrappy band of survivors?
- R527 .... a team switch up ...... and shortly afterwards, a merge ....
- It looked like the teams would switch this week. Things don't seem to be so exciting with this season's Survivor.
- Thump for the Coconut Bandits !!
- They seem to have dropped that coconut subplot.
What was the point of drinking and not sharing? Is there a shortage of coconuts?
- I would imagine many of the coconuts available are high up and a pain in the ass to obtain. It appeared as if the bandits were stealthily helping themselves to recently dropped coconuts or at least ones that were easy to get to.
- They need coconut boy Ozzy.
Always count on Kat to make the bad move. Outright lying about her game play.
- spoiler 2 ....spoiler2 ...spoiler2n.
Nice to see preview of Tina encouraging a showmance with Katie and Vyttas . Looking past Vytas's 19 old self,s transgressions. But I wonder why there seemed to be no such interest between the two the first 18 days
- Bye, bye, Brad Culpepper. I still want him inside me quite deeply.
- Jeff will give Culpepper the hero exit during the reunion show. Don't you worry, Jeff won't let his boy go out like a punk.
- Tyson is so fucking self-impressed. It's tiresome to watch.
I can't tell if Vytas played the women or if the women were just set on combustion. Maybe both. I never thought I'd see southern mom Tina saying she wants to see her daughter have kids with a former druggie.
- Tina got lucky tonight.
- Tyson looks like he stepped out of a pre-Raphaelite painting. The nose does it.
- Tyson looks like one of the terrorist brothers in Die Hard.
- Meow, Meow, Meow.
- I can't stand Tyson, but he is playing a smart game. Wonder what the people on his new team thought about his comments to the camera tonight?
How could you leave me Culpepper! I even rigged it so the "puzzle" was basically "count to 100" and you still left me! Boo hoo hoo.
- Why does Tyson wear girly ponytails? I can't stand him either.
- Agree Tyson is trying to play a strong game, but I don't expect he'll align himself to Gervase long, considering Tyson is basically now playing 'bad cop' ..... if this keeps up, Gervase will NOT be someone Tyson wants to take to the final three.
Tyson was obnoxious tonight about eating the food, etc, etc .... if Hayden makes it to the merge, I see him gunning for Tyson after that behavior.
- [quote]Things don't seem to be so exciting with this season's Survivor.
You are stupid. This is one of the most interesting seasons in a while.
And all of you Tyson bashers are fucking idiots.
- Cat's such an idiot. But she was funny tonight when she was bemoaning being voted off and worrying that Hadyn wouldn't want to date her anymore because "Who wants to date someone who doesn't even make it to merge" all while sitting with people who didn't even make it to merge.
- Why didn't Jeff ask Tina if it should have been her on the block, seeing as how badly she messed up the challenge.
And the girls didn't want Cat to break the alliance, so instead they vote her off and break the alliance themselves.
Why didn't Cat mention that Vytas was no ally, and that once the merge came he would immediatly align with his brother and vote their asses off?
- [quote]Nice to see preview of Tina encouraging a showmance with Katie and Vyttas . Looking past Vytas's 19 old self,s transgressions. But I wonder why there seemed to be no such interest between the two the first 18 days
I thought Vyttas was a gay?
- [quote] Bye, bye, Brad Culpepper.
Poor Probst's man-hole must be quivering in sorrow. Jeffy had a MAJOR crush on "Culpepper," and it was apparent on-screen.
You just know that he wanted some DL action behind the scenes.
I can't even tell you how much I hate Jeff Probst.
[quote] I thought Vyttas was a gay?
I love how he contradicted himself. When he first found out he was going to the all female team, he said, "I've been known as a ladies man."
Then once on the tribe, he admitted, "I don't know much about women."
No shit, Vitas. The tension between Vitas and Aras is palpable.
He and Aras just need to fuck and get it over with. You know that's what they both want.
I'm over the fundie shit. Mark Burnett is a fundie freak, along with his creepy "Touched By An Angel" wife Roma Downey.
Burnett and Downey irritate the fucking crap out of me!
I'm guessing Vitas might win. The producers try to hide the winner, but the editing is a giveaway.
Too much info about Vitas' drug problem and references to him and Aras being a threat for the top three. The narrative seems to be pointing to a Vitas win.
That's my prediction.
- Monica should have been comforted by the fact that Jeff would keep her husband warm after his exit.
- Tyson is insufferable. He's like the cackling queen who laughs loudly at all her jokes before anyone else cracks a smile.
I'll be ok with a Vetus win.
- R551, you sound like quite an oddball. Do you have many friends?
- Survivor: Blood vs Water (2.3/7) saw a challenge mix up and an unretrieved fishing trap last night as well as 12% drop to hit a series low, excluding specials and recaps shows.
- [bold]The Tribe Has Broken: How Sexism Is Silently Killing 'Survivor'[/bold]
Survivor has always been one of the most heavily gendered shows on television. It has specialized from the outset in a set of stereotypes: tough sexy male athletes, nurturing moms, sweet young things, wise and wily (male) silver foxes, and so forth. The women wear such wee bathing suits (while spending over a month foraging on an island) that one spent an entire season with a digitized blur floating just below the base of her spine and just above the waistband of her suit. Far more men than women have been treated as "leaders," and host Jeff Probst has never been even one-tenth as interested in women contestants as he is in the men. He's essentially come right out and said so, that the women just tend not to be as interesting on the whole as the men.
But this "Blood vs. Water" season, in which a tribe of returning players has been facing off against a tribe made up of their "loved ones," has quickly ripened into the most distastefully bro-worshiping, wife-fearing season yet.
Explaining the ins and outs of everything that's happened thus far would take much too long, so let's simply hit the highlights of last night's deeply unpleasant helping of gender politics.
1. Nothing beats the aftermath of the fact that after winning a challenge, John had to give away to someone a clue to a hidden immunity idol. Candice, because she strongly dislikes former NFL-er Brad Culpepper, thought it would be good to give the clue to Brad's wife Monica, on the theory that having a perceived advantage might make Monica a target. So she said to John, "Let's give it to Monica." He agreed, and gave it to Monica. "Does she tell you what to do all the time?", host Jeff Probst sneered. John joked back that she tries, but he doesn't always listen, blah blah blah. Your basic "Cool story, bro."
And then immediately — immediately — Brad Culpepper gave Monica the order. Firmly, with no discussion. "Walk it down and put in the fire. Walk it down and put it in the fire. Walk it down and put it in the fire." He said it three times, just like that, and after two times, she got up and did it. Did Jeff Probst say, "Does he tell you what to do all the time?" No, he did not. Candice did: she jumped in and said, "Doin' what she's told." But Probst just said, admiringly, "That's the first time that has ever happened."
Now, maybe Candice was more bossy and they didn't show it. Maybe the Culpeppers talked more and they didn't show it. But the scene the show gave you reinforced an idea right out of Catskillsian comedy of the late 1950s: the sickest burn you can lay on a guy is that he listens to his wife. But when a guy lowers the boom and his wife follows without question, that's just a strong man being a strong man. There has rarely been a more naked accidental reveal of the fact that the show — and specifically its host — are rolling around in gender dynamics of which they are almost completely unaware. Not only is this a rotten thing for women to have to watch, but it's a rotten thing for men who aren't jerks to have to watch, because it basically means tuning in to hear a bunch of swagger-shaming based on the apparent influence of too many four-blade razor commercials and too little interest in hearing women talk.
2. From Probst's intro looking back on last week's episode: "[One tribe]'s plan was to take out the weak." In fact, that tribe's men had a plan to take out the women. Weakness really didn't enter into it. The intro simply took it as a given that "taking out the women" and "taking out the weak" are the same thing. If that's the case, you might think it's a casting problem.
3. Candice called out Brad at the Redemption challenge for the fact that as women have been voted out of his tribe, they've reported to her that he makes a habit of "shushing the women." Brad's response? To ask Candice's husband whether he shushes the women. You know what would have been more effective? Asking the women from his tribe who were sitting right there whether they feel like he shushes them.
- 4. As Candice worked on the puzzle, Probst first set out to compliment her for being "always calm." And then he added with a smirk, "Unless she's yelling at Culpepper." By "Culpepper," he means Brad, because women aren't called by their last name in Jeff World, because being called by your last name is a sign of respect for your toughness that simply doesn't get bestowed on women. Doesn't happen. Never mind the fact that "Culpepper" yells as much as anyone; it's only funny/mockable when women speak sharply.
5. It's almost quaint to mention at this point, but never forget that you see a lot more footage of women engaging in sport competition in bikinis than you do men attempting to compete in similarly practical/revealing Speedos. This is essentially "wallpaper sexism" on this show — nobody even notices it anymore. But that doesn't mean it isn't there, or that the show wouldn't look different without it.
6. After the challenge, the rewriting of history began, as Caleb got the irony of the exchange described back at point #1 exactly backwards: he claimed it was funny that Candice called out Brad for giving Monica an order when she had given John an order previously. What this sadly tells you — that many of us experience in day-to-day life — is that Caleb heard Candice give John an order even though it didn't happen.
That's one of the ways good-hearted people act like sexists (and racists, and what have you): they literally hear and see things that never happened, because their filters are on. Candice said "let's give it to Monica"; there's not a person in the world who doesn't know "let's" is a suggestion. "Let's have lunch!" "Let's go to the beach!" So bizarrely, what Caleb took away from watching that all go down was that Candice was let off the hook compared to Brad, when in fact the opposite happened.
7. Also filed under "wallpaper": Men on tribes refer to the women in the group as "the girls" all the time. All the time. No matter their ages. This is simply par for the course.
8. When the Returning Players' tribe had to sit two people out at the challenge to even up the numbers, they sat two women rather than Tyson — despite the fact that he had an injured shoulder. Now, if two men had sat out and an injured woman had stayed in, you can bet your bottom athletic supporter that all of the Probst questions would have been directed at the men to determine whether they felt like tiny weak babies for sitting out in favor of an injured lady. But instead, he just clarified with Tyson that Tyson felt confident that even with a bum shoulder, he was better than the two women. The women who made the decision to sit out in favor of an arm-hobbled fellow remained silent. Everyone who believes two men who sat out in favor of an injured lady would have been allowed that privilege, raise your "I Am Related To Jeff Probst" flags and wave them high.
9. After losing the immunity challenge, Hayden spoke with great shame about losing a challenge to a tribe that included Tyson with his injury. But not just Tyson! That wasn't the worst of it. "We lost to a one-armed dude," he said, "and three moms." Not moms! What will the fellas at Bally's Total Fitness say when he gets home?
10. And finally, just as a general matter, this season has been almost entirely a story of men being unpleasant and dismissive of women. That either means they cast a bunch of women who sit around doing nothing and showing no agency whatsoever (which is a casting problem), or what the women are doing is not shown (which is a show problem). You cannot sell, season after season after season, the idea that it is a coincidence that your show is morphing into a grody love letter not to men, but to bullies.
- I like Survivor. I've always found it totally fascinating in a bunch of ways, and a good tribal council (which, in fact, last night mostly was) can be one of the most viscerally exciting things broadcast TV serves up. But I cannot deny that having to sit through all this preening by bullies is beginning take a toll on my enjoyment, especially when I feel like the show and the host are on their side.
- Two comments about Aras and his brother: One, the brother's name is spelled VYTAS; two, I agree that there is a lot of sexual tension between them and that they need to fuck!
- Don't Forget when Brad was forming an alliance of 5 guys he said "we have 5 guys...I mean 4 guys and a gay guy..."
because a gay guy is less than an actual man. I was so happy when Colton screwed Brad over and ousted him.
Why did they vote out Kat? Because Aras was in their Alliance and I am sure Tina will try to get his brother for the merge so they come in 6 strong.
- That NPR commentary is moronic.
- r561, I agree.
I thought the far right was always finding boogey-men, but I guess the far left can find some too when it suits them.
- I really am sooooooooooooo hoping that by the time of the reunion, Hayden has dumped Kat's ass. Would be the funniest thing ever. (it's almost like she wanted to contribute to 'their' wealth by going further in this game ..... she wanted to match the $ 500K he won on 'Big Brother')
- Didn't know Survivor threads are crawling with incest trolls. I'm out.
- I could not get through four paragraphs of that insipid NPR crap.
- The relationship between Katie and Vytas does not surprise me. I always noticed that the two of them look at each other a lot when their tribes are discussing strategy, working, etc. Vytas seems a bit more shy about it than Katie, though.
- I love that Tina just met Vytas 24 hours before declaring she wants him to father her grandchildren. We haven't seen much from Katie this season other than her toenails falling off. Total props to Vytas for how smooth he was with the women but I got serious addict vibes with how he was manipulating them.
- According to The Insider, Culpepper couldn't see the numbers during the challenge in Redemption Island. Which is why he lost.
- [quote]Didn't know Survivor threads are crawling with incest trolls. I'm
Oh, stop it.
- I agree as well, r561. Thinking about gender equality through "Survivor" is the lamest kind of analysis.
- They don't show everything that happens at Tribal you know. Probably all of that happened but came out in the edit.
- The NPR article was written by Linda Holmes, perhaps better known as "Miss Alli" who used to do the recaps on TWoP.
Boy, has she got her knickers in a twist.
- Oh my god, that explains a lot.
- Miss Holmes is a cunt.
- So is Howard at TWoP who banned me for daring to suggest on the Big Brother thread that Lawon was a fucking loser and a disgrace to gay men of all races.
- TWoP Nikita is extremely uneven in how she moderates.
- [quote]So is Howard at TWoP who banned me for daring to suggest on the Big Brother thread that Lawon was a fucking loser and a disgrace to gay men of all races.
Oh my, you sound like you lead a thrill-a-minute life.
- [quote] But this "Blood vs. Water" season, in which a tribe of returning players has been facing off against a tribe made up of their "loved ones," has quickly ripened into the most distastefully bro-worshiping, wife-fearing season yet.
Hmmm... I wonder who's responsible for all the bro worshiping this bitch is talking about, bro? Damn bro, this bitch is out of her mind, bro! She totally hates bros!
- Wow, I'm surprised... not a single post from any of our "It's fixed!" trolls claiming that the buffs were arranged and passed out by Jeff in a certain way to assure a mostly-female tribe and a mostly-male tribe.
Tina knew that ratting out Kat to Monica was her golden opportunity to avoid having to pay for her epic fuck-up in the challenge by being voted out. Usually the tribe complies when a tribe member declares "I fucked up and I deserve to be voted out."
In the end, Kat's fuck-up was far greater by throwing an alliance member under the bus and then trying to weasel out.
- Culpepper has a meaty cock.
- It is well knows that CBS uses chameleon buffs when re-balancing tribes. They are controlled by a radio switch that Jeff pushes when they are revealed. That is how they stack the tribes.
- I'm a big fan of this show and was very skeptical of the loved ones gimmick but I'm pleasantly surprised how it has added extra layers to gameplay and strategy. I am also LOVING that all of the hidden immunity clues are ending up in the fire.
- Who needs clues when you have producers?
- damn HAYDEN is still FUGLY
- I like Kat a lot,but she overplayed her hand this time around-Monica came to win this time!
I want to like Laura B, but she seems so shy and awkward. I haven't seem much growth from her this game,which is the best thing about Survivor-when a fish out of water person-so to speak-comes on the show and finds out things about themselves they never thought possible. I think she would benefit from another go round if given the opportunity .
Tina reminds me so much of my southern mom with her ' grandbabbies' comment! Still clueless till the end! But is Vytas really gay?
And what's with Jeff and his love of alpha males-is he gay,too?
- Jeff wants Brad Culpepper inside him quite deeply. Simple as that.
If Probst could have one Loaded Weekend in which three [italic]Survivor[/italic] men do him (sometimes at the same time), who would he choose?
- He'd keep it in the C's: Colby, Culpepper and Cochran.
- Colby, Culpepper and Andrew Savage.
- Yep, R589. I'd add Malcolm to that list. He'd have to get a haircut, though. Jeff don't like girly looking men.
- Burton burton and burton...jeff would be wrecked.
- Here's hoping Kat gets kicked off Redemption Island. Then her boyfriend will REALLY dump her. Ha.
I wish there was a Survivor All Hunks version ....with just the really hot guys from past seasons.
I'd even let Jeff pick half of them (and the audience can select the other half)
- Wonder if Hayden offers to trade places with her at Redemption Island?
- This last section of the thread is infested with homophobic fraus. Check out the anti-Jeff comments.
- Because we dare to suggest that Jeff enjoys the homosex? Fuck off, R595.
- Could the "girls" be any more stupid? They had to know that the merge was right around the corner and that Vytas will form an alliance with Aras as soon as it happens.
Who gives a shit if Laura told Vytas he was being voted off? He's still a MUCH bigger threat than she could ever be. God, they're dumb.
- Vytas has such a smarmy vibe, but he's an interesting character to watch. I wonder if his self-professed charm with the women is what's saving him or if Tina was basically planning to save him on his new tribe all along for his connection to Aras.
My prediction is that Aras is going to go next by the votes of new Tadana and the returnee; there's just been too much teasing about that for it not to happen. Then I fear that the new Galang tribe is going to be picked off one by one.
- r596=frau, angry for being calle dout
- Kat: Hayden, please love me!