- Of course it's a bad movie, but it's still sort of enjoyable.
- It's more accurate to say it was not a good movie.
- I agree, bad but OK. A very enjoyable type of film to watch at home on a hangover Sunday.
- I liked it, it was a fun flick and Hemsworth and Hiddleston did a good job. Most people thought a movie based on Thor might be a disaster but they delivered well.
- But Thor--a magic hammer? Really?
- Great eye candy, but indeed terrible cinema
- I have seen much worse.
- Bad, terribly directed and written with some awful acting.
- Loki is the best thing about it. And the Asgard visuals. Of course, even the Aengers was grat because of Loki but even without him it was a better movie than Thor. Looking forward to the Dark World.
- The depiction of Asgard was the best thing about it. I like how they used Jack Kirby's "sci-fi" version rather than the "castles and longhouses" filled city that Marvel has been using since 1980 on up. Bifrost as a transporter rather than a solid rainbow was also a cool touch. I also loved the depiction of the "9 worlds" as actual planetoids. The Asgardians of the films truly were extra-dimensional aliens and not traditional deities.
- Yeth. Thor Thuckth.
- Thor 2 premiere tonight
- First pic of TH from the red carpet.
- Thor 2 looks good.
- Here we go, my chickadees.... I have to say I love the giant hammer.
So will Loki hit it out of the park? Will it make as much as they expect? Are we teetering on the brink? Will Hiddleconda make its inevitable appearance?
Hey, is that Jane Arthy hiding behind the hammer waiting for her chance to lunge?
- make up or lights?
- R16 lols about JA.
TH and Natalie Portman
- Why did the other thread close? I see he hasn't yet again taken out advice abou the orange make up an wearing clothes too old for him
- Stellan Skarsgard and TH.
- R19 it was closed before it reached 600...but at least it wasn't blocked.
- HQ photos of TH. I like the suit.
- Before anyone asks the neither the blonde women are TH's Stalker. Just saw a picture where he's bright orange I'll just find it again
- TH and one of his exes
- They don't seem to be too awkward around eachother
- as I said for the press conference, they look sort of friendly.
They aged in a completely different way though.
- Well she doesnt look tool happy as she's looking at something else and totally ignoring him. This reminds me of another TH photo taken July but with the roles reversed
- Hemsworth has confirmed that he is signed up for two more Avenger's films, and Thor 3, tentatively entitled "Ragnarok's Return." Intriguing title. We may see yet more Loki bondage.
So unless Thor 2 bombs out, we will be seeing yet more trained seal antics from the Hiddles.
- A bit cold yes, TH seems more comfortable with NP.
R27 do you have a link to that July pic?
- JA take this
- But not soon. Not before With Avengers coming out in 2015 they won't make a Thor3 before 2016. By then it'll be different.
- I'm back. The first photo he's so bright orange you can see him form miles away
- R29 I think she/he was talking about JA
- Where is Idris Elba? I want a picture of him with Idris. Cause Idris is God
- Natalie Portman dress is awful
- R33 oh, wimbledon. ok, got it.
- Another of TH. Where's Hemsworth?
- So, the previous thread is not active anymore?
- TH not showing up well in the photos. Just as I stated on the last thread, TH did judge a Loki cos play
- 1. How the fudge has nobody informed his makeup artist that at least the neck should be the same color as the face?
2. Natalie Portman's dress is serious crap. I might go run errands in that,but not even
3. CH always reminded me of a dog, now even more so
- He does look pretty awkward with Kat Dennings. Neither of them are smiling, or look happy.
But her tits are magnificent.
Skinny Chris Hemsworth doesn't do it for me the way Thor does :(
- TH has to do somenthing for his artichoke hair
- Even here they look awkward and for some reason tonight TH look so much older.
- R45 look at her beautiful skin tone next to his, that is how you blend makeup correctly.
- R45 because despite the kiss he keeps her distant. look at their body language
- She looks fabulous. He looks really uncomfortable. TH, you blew it.
He looks like he has aged ten years. If he was trying to get rid of that ethereal beauty he had just two years ago, he succeeded. Now he looks like a very repressed Danny Kaye.
- Kat Denning has the best rack ever. Meow!
- R48 yeah I know, that what I meant. body language is off. It's be interesting to see this scene in video.
Has Kat done something to her lips or it's the make-up? She didn't have those full lips when she was younger.
- R48 actually they might both be keeping distance from each other.
- I wanna kill his hairdresser and his make up artist
- He as intrested in KD as he looked into JA.
- Here he doesn't look as orange as in others
- R55, R56, LOL
- Fan girls have infested just jared. They are amazed his not a frigging virgin FFS
- as long as they don't come here
- R59, they are everywhere...
- So do we think Chis has aged badly? To me he looks like a normal 30 year old. TH looks late 30- early 40s. ActualFunctionalBrain on JJ has taken on the fan girls good luck
- Hiddleston's getting all the positive buzz from this movie on places like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, etc.
- But will he win best supporting actor Oscar? Some films can have all the big names and can actually be poor.
I couldn't walk for a week!
- R62, TH looks awful for his 32. CH looks OK, taking into consideration that he grew up in Australia and permanently stays in LA = constant sun exposure.
I wonder where was Pataky this evening, strange.
- Oh you classy hoes, that's not make up silly, that's fake tan!
- I've noticed his eyebrows he needs to trim and tame them. Not wax or over pluck, just tame them
- Tom you fucked up losing that bit of ass and tits Kat and now you have a stalker fan who thinks she's your gf. Way too funny.
The pictures are so awkward though, wonder what the story is behind their break up? No doubt he couldn't keep his pants on and she caught him.
- They broke up the usual way which involves TH with his pants down. At least stalker fan didn't get to that point with him. I could see JA being really over possessive with TH if they had a reallife relationship
- R44 Artichoke hair, lol. The high front with close sides accentuates his forehead.
Pics w/TH and KD look stilted.
CH is aging okay but needs stay away from wearing black next to his face, it drains color. TH looks fine too but needs to back off the orange.
- Where are you seeing these advanced reviews? I thought there was an embargo until tomorrow.
- R72 empire posted a full review.
- I can't believe I'm saying this and I know how snobby it sounds but TH's suit looks incredibly cheap. Maybe it's the shiny jacket + big lapels + vest + bow tie + tux pants combo but it looks like a costume.
- Actually, these are sounding to me like mixed reviews. Won't keep me from seeing it a few times, but that is because I am such a nerd:
- Thanks for that link R75. Mixed reviews for sure but at least it doesn't look that it's the train wreck that some appeared to be predicting. The positive reviews I have read were very good. Hard to imagine that this is out next week. Seems like only yesterday it was months away.
- There are some pics with TH and Kat. They look a bit awkward.
- Oh, I don't see any train wreck happening per se. But nor do I believe it is going to elevate Marvel to any new levels or bring about breakthrough careers.
I'll be happy enough, and I look forward to seeing it.
- The fucking mods on this place are really anti-TH threads aren't they? Perhaps they are fans as well who can't stand the thought of people criticizing their holy prince.
- lol everyone but TH hates this movie/Marvel.
- Part 2 of the previous gif
- Even Sif wasn't invited to the premiere and she has no idea why:
- What the heck R82, did she not get invited or something? That's pretty damn low if she didn't, or am I missing something?
- More reviews.
Verdict: a very mixed bag. Nothing to write home about.
- Reviews are better than I was expecting.
- NO! BRONZER! EVER!
- Hiddles, we know you read DL.
GET RID OF THE BRONZER! SRSLY!
- Empire's review gives props to CH and TH, giving the movie 4 out of 5.
- R88 not surprising, Empire loves TH, they suck his dick every chance they get.
- TH spent over an hour signing autographs.
- This entire promotional tour is just a meaningless mess. Cast members who obviously don't want to be there, cast members who weren't invited, and cast members who see this as his last opportunity to whore himself out on such a scale.
- TH and KD looking more relaxed ...
- R19 R21 R79 the previous thread is still open, it looks like the site went into edit mode again earlier.
Can't wait for the promo for this film to be over, the hype and the stans are getting on my nerves.
- R93 nope it's closed.
- I wonder what JA is going to say about this pic of TH and KD?
- It's not a great movie, but it's fun and relatively entertaining. But don't think about it too hard.
- R94 Ah closed to posting, sorry just ignore me.
R95 does anyone care?
- I've noticed in the group photos TH has gone to being on the end at the beginning to the middle at the end. I wouldn't put it past him to push his way to there
- R95 R92 this pic? THe link you posted don't point at a specific photo.
TH is hardly touching her waist. All their photos together seemed done at photographer request more than anything else.
- I only saw a few group photos taken at the premiere but in all of them TH was right in the middle while CH was at the side, not even right by TH's side but way at the side. This movie and the people involved are such messes.
- Basically if you are a fan of comics or of this movies you'll like it. If you like sci-fi or can see through a plot easily you'll see all the flaws.
- In the earlier group photos TH is at the end on the far right not looking pleased
- Video of the Q&A at Apple Store
- R102 I think by now he feels entitled to be at the center of attention after all that piggybacking and dancing and monkeying around. I definitely think he thinks he's better than CH at this point.
- As usual this guy report of première are funny.
- Who has a link to the group photo you're talking about?
- Tom is such a ham. Nothing wrong with that.
- R99 Sorry that link was crap from Yahoo.
Yeah, I did notice he's barely touching her waist in previous pics...
- Thanks. that's why I said a video is best, photos are just a moment and you can never be sure what happened before or after.
Here they look friendly as they did at the press conference.
- I loved the first movie even if it wasn't Oscar worthy. It was super entertaining and Chris Hemsworth is gorgeous!
- Is it just me or does Eccleston look generally bothered by everything?
- TH interview with Shortlist
- Chris E is a very talented man but also a huge grump so he often looks like that..
Daily Mail (I know, I know..) is reporting that Tom didn't go the after party... Wonder why. Maybe because he's in Paris today, I suppose.
- Was Portman at the after party? She should be present in Paris, Hopkins too.
- from that Shortlist interview
[quote] Well, we were in London, but we were also in Iceland for two weeks - the exterior locations for The Dark World were on this volcano in Iceland and we all went dancing in Rekjavik
We know that you went clubbing in Rekjavik Tom. And I hope those yellow pants disappeared from your wardrobe.
- Yes Portman was there.
Link to the dailymail article.
- R113 R114 I think he starts realize he's quite tired, he's doing coriolanus rehearsal at the same time. For Portman London is first premiere (and she lives in Paris so no difficult)
- R111 always, it's his usual esxpression. but he's laughing here
- This thread is being infested by fans posting link after link about him here without any tea. This is not Tumblr. We don't need all these news/photos/videos here.
- The first one was boring, and Natalie Portman was extremely annoying. Her and Hemsworth had zero chemistry.
I only likes the Avengers and Iron Man
- R120 Portman character is unbearable
- R119 where on earth do you expect to find tea material or things to make fun of if not on photos, videos and interviews?
The man doesn't have much of a social life.
If you like I could make up a story, just for you, so you can feel good about yourself.
- He doesn't look like much of a bar hopper or clubber. Dancer, probably. But isn't this preferable to a drunk and woman beating Fassbender?
- Everything is preferable to a woman beating. Even a pretentious logorrheic TH
- R123 yes it is. That's what I meant. He isn't that kind of famous actor, so all it's left to talk about are his interviews, public appearances and photo-shooting.
- To a fan, in Detroit, he said "acting is all I am" probably it's more "Acting is all I have" hence his wreckful personal life
- Interesting that he is not involved with anyone at the moment. I have not heard about any serious relationships except for Susannah Felding.
- Why the hell was Jaime Alexander who play Sif not invited? Talk about oversight.
- R128 From the reviews I read, Sif doesn't have much of a role, probably even less than Darcy?
But she'll be at the LA première with her bf.
- Jamie Alexander needs to be cast as Wonder Woman. She is never going to get much out of the Thor franchise because the female lead is Natalie Portman. She would be perfect for Wonder Woman.
- Watch this one and tell me if you believe Th's answers near the end.
- Well since he had admitted he lies to avoid conflicts, then no. LOL. These types of interviews at these events are all just fluff and ego stroking nonsense.
He seems to mention he lives a normal life every chance he gets,teases a bit with the bad boy/good boy answer and OMG his hair looks like it was stacked up front, piled high. What is with the hair?
You know he reminds me of that creepy looking bartender from the old movie The Shining, Lloyd I think it was. Not a bit attractive.
- I truly believe in "good boy in some situations bad boy in another" (no pun intended TH!)
I guess he talks about going around London and take tube without being harass
- R133 Me too, ask to gwendoline christie
- I'm not sure when he says he apologizes about the nature of comments made about him. He was shaking his head and saying "I'm sorry", I don't know if it was a shake of disbelief or unconsciously denying his words.
- Innuendos all over the place. He's single, definitely single
- journalist should have asked him what he meant with "bad boy".
But R132 is right, at these interviews there's a lot of fluff and things said to sound interesting. He could hardly say I can't manage to have a proper relationships because either they dump me or they turn out to be stalkers.
- Christopher Eccleston ladies and gentleman
- Given they are all saying there's a lot of humour maybe the movie title should have been different.
- Or more accurately, he dumps them.
Okay, I don't know if this counts as "tea," but I happen to know a lady who was dumped by TH, and I know people in his neighborhood who know his reputation. (I have never met him myself, and don't care to.)
TH is know as someone who uses people. He can be very very charming and is expert at making you feel very special when he wants something from you (and he will always want something from fans, journalists, and people in the industry, so he is oh-so-careful with those connections)but if what he wants is a hookup, he will immediately leave you in the dust with no explanation at all. His relationships, all of them, tend to be short lived and end ungraciously.
I am a friend of a friend with someone who knows JA. She did not ever "stalk" TH, nor did she introduce herself as a GF to that reporter. Truth be told, she has plenty of friends who are much higher status than TH, so if that was what she wanted, she has better resources (and better taste in music).
Rumor has it that TH invited her to Wimbledon knowing he would be papped because he is tired of all the rumors that he is gay. There, I said it. He really, really hates this. She thought it was a real date, didn't appreciate being used, and had the temerity to say what she thought afterwards. My understanding was that she was very, very direct. He doesn't like to hear too much about what other people think, because it really is all about him.
So there you have it. Do with this what you like. I'm not going to answer any further questions. Enjoy his films, but please put side your illusions that he is a nice person.
- Ok in this video, at the beginning, you can see the meeting moment between Kat and TH and now you can tell she touched his faces to take away the lipstick.
- Oh sweetie, I hope it didn't take you all afternoon to write this, tell me you didn't waste so much time of your very busy life for this shitty tea.
JA was pissed? Yeah, sure, so much so that she keeps following him on twitter and following all the events he will go.
- When is Paris premiere? Today or tomorrow?
- R140 Here comes another one. Does nearly everyone living in Belsize Park secretly post on DL?
- OK, R140. Finally! I was expecting this “revelation” sooner or later. And here we are.
Nothing will help her reputation already, no matter who dumped who. She made a fool of herself, stalking him on twitter and bragging about her “famous boyfriend”. She overestimated her charms, most probably. He dropped her. End of story.
How is it even possible to be that blind given her age? But thanks for the info anyway.
And you’re right about everything, R142, summing up her behaviour – which is not the rumour but the fact.
- OK, tea was tepid but if you want to drink it, sure, it just echos what all the others have had to spill. Maybe old JA follows certain types to make her Twitter look appealing to all groups, so she can rack up a large following and look important.
Who knows. Maybe if she is the lady scorned, she is doing it to piss him off and make him uncomfortable. I would hope she has better things to do than stalk a dude who could be a real ass towards women he just uses for sex.
- Maybe he's not nice or whatever, but a woman of her age shouldn't act like a desperate teenager
- R140 so basically,you say JA didn't say she was his Gf which leaves us with two options.
1. TH, who is single and trying hard to show that, introduced her as his gf but then unfollowed her on twitter and has been trying to make it clear that he is not attached to anything
2. The Elle reporter lied or made it up. Which really,for someone who can't even spell Hiddleston...why would she bother?
Also, you know one woman who was dumped by him and then you also know the friend of the friend of JA? The world is tiny,huh?
- A man with you had just one date and he used you just for sex? OMG I CAN'T BELIVE IT, so strange, never happened in all human history
- Dear friends and supporters of JA, we really really don't want to talk about her here, we lost interest in her the day after Wimbledon.
- By the way, Paris premiere is today.
ELLE editor in chief - is a very serious position to start gossip. She wouldn't have told it with no reason.
- Posting this link because Portman, Hemsworth and Dennings comment on TH dancing in SK.
- R153 today, really? Sorry for saying tomorrow. I really remembered the 24th.
- Ok, to get my calendar right, the next première is Berlin on...?
- 28th i think
- Try this link, it's official Marvel TDW. They must have this info.
- I don't know why I keep clicking these threads.
Foolishly hoping for some realistic conversation, instead it's a sea of fangirls, both for Hiddleston and his ex-girlfriend.
It seems this chap is either your personal Jesus or the devil incarnate, with nothing in between.
Maybe one day someone with some true deets will check in. In the mean time, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but single guys who have one night stands are not a new invention.
- SO CH only bothered with London première and won't be in Paris tonight.
- TH is the constant of all premieres
- In that video someone posted TH said he uses suncream. That is good Thomas very good it explains why you are bright orange and have bad skin. However nothing comes as close as 'I don't look myself up on the Internet' the quote alone made me burst out laughing.
- Isn't CH filming smth in London? Maybe a filming schedule.
- I fail to see why a lot of you have called BS on R140. It seems fully plausible. Just because something paints him as a less than perfect character, doesn't mean it isn't true. It doesn't detract from his 'art' which you should be focussing on because nobody knows a goddamn thing about his personal life so stop pretending you all do.
And the whole faux SATC 'sweetie' shite. Give it a rest, you're not impressing anyone...
The only thing that's weird is if JA did have a few stern words with him, I don't see why she didn't just say 'fuck off fangirls I'm single' on her Twitter? Or the following?
- R163 In which video he says he doesn't look himself up?
- No, he said "I try not to look up too much...", he is adorable.
- R165 Are you a friend of a friend of a friend of an uncle related to a sister of a grandparent of a cousin of JA? The moment you acquire some logical thinking try posting again.
- R165, this is the thing. It's not about R140 story being BS and it's not about TH being "saint".
It's about the way the story was presented, defending JA. You are right, she could have told something if she was pissed. But contrary she continued with her desperate attempts to cling to him and to parade it.
- R169 don't waste your time, somebody that writes
[quote] It doesn't detract from his 'art' which you should be focussing on because nobody knows a goddamn thing about his personal life so stop pretending you all do.
isn't thinking clearly.
- Here's the thing. I can see TH being a F**k them and leave them sort of man and I can see him being only nice to people he wants something from. That JA story could be true had she not for the next few months acted like some sort if fangirl on twitter, stalking him left right and centre.
Why JA would invest anytime on a man with this reputation is beyond me. I also have wondered why she hasn't hooked up with any of the more talented musicians she associates with. For a woman her age it does look really desperate.
JA should get the hint she was played and move on. He's never going to change
- Maybe, said musicians do not want her, how the hell do we know?
- A hearthless man, a desperate in love woman. What is this? A Danielle Steel novel?
- It's not a bad movie. Accentuating the playfully comic book elements was appropriate. Yes, its heightened and bordering on camp, but how else would you suggest telling this story?
- Sir Promotealot looks like he's having a seizure when he dances. I love how Hemsworth's camera trained face gives him away when he says "Was that rehearsed? That was not an improvised dance, that one, ah check it out". At the beginning of the sentence his face totally blanks out, eyebrows stop wiggling, blinking stops, he is ready for his close-up.
- A few more photos of Kat and Tom from last night premiere
- You can tell they once shagged. I've noticed his orange doesn't cover all of his face. With all his money he could at least for it done properly
- New photos from French premier. Why doesn't he treat himself to a new suit?
- it's all wrong with foundation, colour and texture
- R177 Only because we know that 4 years ago they were a couple for a few months, TH tends to be like that with all the actresses he works with.
- R168 & r170 - you do realise how fucking insane you sound? Right?
- R176 That woman has the most glorious eyes!
R178 I have a feeling he'll wear whatever you put on him because his sense of style is in a coma. He clearly has no clue and doesn't want to have a clue about fashion.
And JA tea, that story would have been more interesting had it contained some sort of logic
- Actually, it's neither illogical nor far fetched.
It could all be true, but there is no smoking gun there.
She got a trip to Wimbledon, publicity and a date with an actor. She wanted more. Felt it was under false pretenses. He didn't. She told him how she felt. They disagreed. Never went out again.
- It probably won't be too much longer until the friend of a model, hotel worker or some crap like that starts spewing. Seems to happen when he does premieres. Can someone who has actually been around him come forth.
- TH and Natalie Portman
- Is Natalie purposely picking awful dresses?
- At least she's changing her dress. TH has been living out of the same suits for years
- R181 & R183 Exactly.
R140 If what you're saying is true - I fucking knew it. This has been suggested by posters (incl me) on other threads. I thought it was his publicist's idea to quash the gay rumours. That it was his idea doesn't surprise me at all, he's more calculated than people realise.
And R184 it is only a matter of time. If he's having regular hook-ups, only one has to go awry and the girl to get pissed of and share.
Although they're sure to get trashed and called a troll when they do.
- He's not famous enough for any of the press to buy stories from former hook ups. he's only that famous in his head and in his fangirls minds
- Luke might not be the best publicist in the world but he’s not that stupid. If you arrange such kind of set up (to cover whatever rumours) that amateurishly it will be a fail, not an advantage. Remember Cavill/Cuoco?
To ask a woman who desperately wants to get this man to cover him in public when you know that this man (and your major client) doesn’t want this woman for anything but a hook-up? It’s madness. And then the next day that Daily Fail set up? What for?
- The only person TH loves is TH. that is clear enough for everybody
- Ah I see the fangirls are out if full force today. Must be the phase of the moon.
Here's some logic for you, little girls:
1.) How is it that you KNOW that JA was "desperate" to have a relationship with TH? Because she follows a lot of feeds that he follows on Twitter? Wow, if that is the case, then Stephen Fry must be really hot for me. :-)
I do not know of anyone who is past high school age who would apply the words "desperate" or "stalker" to someone because they are (OMG!) following the same people they are following in social media. Is this what you high school kids do nowadays? Because this is beyond puerile.
2.) Don't you think it is a little teensy bit ironic that you say she is a crazy stalker on Twitter... and yet it is YOU who feverishly tracks everyone she follows and keeps track of her every post and deletion? THAT to me sounds like crazy stalker shit.
3.) Does wanting to be treated with respect (you know, like an equal) really make someone a crazy desperate stalker chick?
R140 could be complete BS, but honestly it all sounds plausible to me. At age 32 he has never had a long lasting relationship with any woman. I realize that to kids your age, one year or even less is an eternity, but at 32 it starts to look like arrested development.
I think TH is a highly closeted bisexual at the very least, but that may be wishful thinking on my part.
- R190 The fact that done in an amateur way suggests his publicist wasn't involved though doesn't it (although I still think Luke doesn't have a clue, see the stupid Chastain rumour in Jan).
And how many of his stans believed it? As for the DM article - you mean the Lara Pulver pics - I don't think they were planned.
R192 Agreeing an all points. If following a few of the same accounts on Twitter makes you a stalker then I'm stalking about 20 people, incl Ricky Gervais. And the story about her bragging to her work colleagues, that was from this site, and the poster was called out as a troll.
I can't believe this story is still going on.
- Um.... interesting thread. Not really, but whatever.
I've never seen Thor or Thor2. I'm tempted to on the basis of the many Tom Hiddleston threads here but that's the only reason. In and of themselves, they hold no interest for me.
The only actress I know who is famous enough to identify with just the initials JA is Jennifer Aniston. I seriously doubt that she is stalking Tom Hiddleston. I thought she was marrying that himbo she's been with for a while, no?
[quote]But isn't this preferable to a drunk and woman beating Fassbender?
No, R123. Fassbender is an acting genius and hot to die for. Sorry.
- R194 you are my favourite person on the planet.
- R194 They're talking about Jane Arthy, the woman Tom Hiddleston was photographed with at Wimbledon earlier this year.
- LOL R194
And going on, and on, and on about it. He's a player, or borderline IMO, and it's all about his pr in the end.
- R192,I regret to inform you, but the one who lacks logic is you. And no, R140 is not complete BS, but the main point of this tea was not TH in case you didn’t get.
- The best part is Thor shirtless and wearing those jeans.
- R192 Just because he hadn't had a relationship spanning years doesn't really mean anything. He may have other priorities. I am his age and the longest one I have been in is about two years. Maybe he is just picky at relationships. I sure am.
- "2.) Don't you think it is a little teensy bit ironic that you say she is a crazy stalker on Twitter... and yet it is YOU who feverishly tracks everyone she follows and keeps track of her every post and deletion? THAT to me sounds like crazy stalker shit."
The idea that an attractive young woman who works in PUBLICITY for a major record label to attend the Wimbledon men's final with a notably single young actor who appears in gossip columns and think she is not going to be photographed and talked about is absurd.
She is no babe in the woods. She knows how the game is played. This was the Ralph Lauren box at the Wimbledon final with Tom Hiddleston. Actor. Who courts publicity to get work. And probably doesn't like the gay rumors.
Wanting more from the relationship and disagreeing about it makes absolute sense. But outrage at being put on display with your actor boyfriend at the Wimbledon men's final? Give her some credit. She is a publicist in her own right!
- R192: Exactly this! You are my new god and I shall worship at your feet forever more..
- Should have been a "for what it's worth" before the second paragraph. Don't know where that went.
- But if he did not like the gay rumors, you would think he would be less touchy feely with people. Not just show up with a random woman at an event.
- Well FWIW, Hemsworth's wife Elsa Pataky was not on the red carpet with him in London and a few people have mentioned that, LOL! Still wondering why Marvel/Disney have done such a slipshod job of promoting this movie. TH has been the only one acting like a "circus bear" (in his own words). CH has been absent for most of it until the last week and none of second tier actors with the exception of Kat Dennings and Stellan Skarsgard were in London. Very strange.
- Except for the TH, who is indeed a circus bear willing to do anything to please the powers that be, I don't think anyone involved is enthusiastic.
Alan Taylor is particularly unhappy, and, imho, Eccleston was robbed.
I've read the reviews, and they are all mentioning that it comes across as a film that was written by focus groups and committees. Don't expect much artistic integrity.
- I think TH would be better off if he would just be a bit disagreeable instead of trying to please everyone. He may actually be able to get some more offers.
- I think he would do well to focus less on being a "brand" made by his PR committee and more on being a human being, and hence, a better actor.
- They shouldn't have fired Patty Jenkins.
- R194 Well then your priorities are really sad then. May you enjoy hot woman beaters. Sorry, "hot to die for"
- R192 To me, the whole thing sounds off because it says JA didn't say she was his gf, but someone did say it,since the Elle editor would have no reason to lie, especially since she didn't even know how to write Hiddleston.
Which means TH introduced her as his gf and...would someone like him do that? His desperate attempts afterwards to act single don't look like someone who'd introduce her as such.
For the rest,might as well all be true,but that one thing was the gap in my logic
- I think he's bi too. Anyway back to buttplugs, did he get searched Paris?
- Only TH could turn a question round about CH playing Thor to about himself. KD and NP aren't very impressed about CH eating baby animals
- And we are back talking about nothing to write home about JA. Let's start the countdown for this thread to be blocked.
R140 and R190 are you that girl from CB who declared TH was an "asshole" and now after a pause you're here trying to sell your story?
SO your post R140 is bs for lacking logic and fun.
"people in his neighbour who knows his reputation", who? Cumberbatch? Burton? Bonam Carter?
"he leaves in the dust his hook-ups"? Does he perform hypnotism on them too? So they are forced to be hush-hush about it? So they won't call a single tabloid for some money?
"JA she didn't like to be used" this is such a self-evident bs I won't even bother to comment.
- From Paris première
- Actually... A) not everyone airs their dirty laundry on social media and b) TH isn't big enough to have a kids and tell on him, and anyway newspapers are avoiding kids and tells like the plague at the moment ...
In adult relationships, you just give things a try and if they don't work out you go out, get pissed an bitch with your friends, not take to Twitter and spill all....
- a) I wasn't talking of social media I was talking of tabloids, that means print.
b) He is known enough in England that a person claiming to have been mistreated by him would be interesting for tabloids (again I wrote tabloids not newspaper, big difference)
c) The tea implication was that TH isn't an adult in his way of treating women. The tea also implied not only the thing with JA but a series of hook-ups.
- I just dropped in to say you're a bunch of obsessed whore fraus, mostly British presumably, who are squatting on an otherwise decent message board, and actively working to wreck it with your inane obsession with that guy who played Loki.
I offer as evidence the number of people who will, post this post, claim I am Loki himself or one of his agents.
HE WILL NEVER FUCK YOU BITCHES.
Get it through your heads.
- You're fat and pock-marked and ugly, so even if he liked girls he wouldn't like YOU. YOU are disgusting.
- R218 we were lucky enough to go 1 thread without these trolls from other boards coming here with silly tea because they are angry with their unicorn prince for not fucking them.
- You make no sense, R220. I've never read any of your previous threads. I have been okay with ignoring your weird corner of DL, but now you and yours are trying to take over the whole thing.
It's easy enough to create and host a message board. Google it.
Learn and find a place for your own kind instead of hijacking this board like a tapeworm. Ugly cunts.
- R217: he is not interesting to tabloids. Single guy dumps a girl badly? There is no story in that. None at all. Make it juicier then maybe but there is no story in a guy dumping a girl - at all.
I like the guy but the fact that a 32yo guy is emotionally immature and a bit of a cad. Big whoop...
- R222, Thom (as he prefers it spelled) says he agrees that you are the epitome of posters and must soon suck his cock.
Beg now: the opportunity expires in five minutes.
- You obsessed gashes should find another hobby.
- R223: really? How interesting. Yawn.
- I think Natalie Portman is beautiful. She was on Radio 1 this morning and she was such a sweetheart.
It's the British premier for the movie tonight in London and the radio interviewer asked if she was looking forward to it, he said that when he gets invited to premiers her gets anxious. She said she was looking forward to it but that it was super raining and that she has very jewish hair.
What the hell is jewish hair?
- R218 Are you the fangirl from CB who admitted to trolling on here for fun?
- I guess frizzy
- R218 R219 How juvenile. Go back to playing pokemon.
- I've never noticed he has a scar near his upper lip.
- The meeting even at the Apple Store was fun, Alan Taylor is quite funny.
- R230 He actually has quite a few scars. I wonder if he was in some type of accident or something.
- He has a scar on his forehead too. You cannot see it in that pic r230 linked though.
- He is wearing a lot of foundation, r230.
- R228 doesn't everyone's hair get frizzy if you get caught out in the rain.
- R233 The one on his forehead I noticed before. (if it's the one over his right eyebrow)
- R235 depends on the shape of your hair. Possibly Natalie's isn't naturally straight, probably wavy (I don't think curly). So humidity brings it out.
- R235 Not everyone. I have a friend whose hair never gets frizzy in the rain or in humid weather. My hair on the other hand turns to frizz central no matter what products I put on it. I guess I have jewish hair too. Lol
- How about this radical idea? People don't typically live their lives through Twitter or the tabloids.
The reporter who misspelled TH's name and said JA was his GF? It probably never occurred to her that she wasn't or that this would be be any kind of controversy, because, ya know, outside of Tumblr, it isn't.
So far as I can see, the biggest tea on TH is that he is boring and self-absorbed, doesn't have much of a personal life, and doesn't do well in relationships. I suspect women dump him as often as he is dumped, and there is probably a good reason.
Tabloid fodder? Too boring for even that.
- R239 that's sounds plausible to me.
But that wasn't the point made by this latest tea poster and everybody who ran to support that post misunderstood the sense of the replies disputing it.
- Paris press conference for Thor2
- It's funny that he wears black after we've suggested black shirts,isn't it?
Luke, you are a thorough reader, you go dude!
- Is agree that this is much ado about nothing with one big caveat: I think TH cares a lot, maybe way too much, about his fans think of him, and works far too hard at trying to manipulate that.
This is what happens when you fall into thinking of yourself as a "brand" to market rather than as an actor with some artistic integrity. I would put it passed him to use a girl to dispel gay rumors (given that he is trying so hard to sell himself to Disney).
On to other things: where can I read Thor 2 spoilers? I won't be able to see it for at least a month, and might just wait until I can rent it on Apple.
- R243 Frigga dies. And now you know
- Oh lord. This. thread takes me back to prancing ponies days.
- He has a lot of scars, one big in his forehead, upper lip, between lips and chin.
BTW he brought his sister and mum to thor premiere, and OLLA too
What hook-up? What tea? He's so fucking boring
- R243 frigga dies, and Loki freaks out, because mommy is always mommy
- R242 seems more dark blue than black
- I don't buy the lothario thing with this dude.
He's just not that cool. What does he do, dork them into bed?
- From my point of view it's almost impossible to make a "good" superhero movie because by their very nature a superhero story is coming from an immature sensibility. Unless you just love that genre, there's going to be something missing. Even when they try to be more sophisticated and adult, as with "Watchmen" and the "Dark Knight," they're held back by the fact that they're first and foremost about hot bodies in tight suits whose lives are dedicated to doing things that only make sense to eleven-year-olds.
- Family and all same so called friends. told ya. boring boring boring
- R251 I only recognize Luke. Who are the others?
- Grossman, the incompetent make up artist, and a guy who he's frequently with him, probably his assistant (or luke assistant)
- R249 lols
- R252 R253, correct the guy on the right is his assistant (don't know his name), and that is Amanda "clueless" Grossman. I'm sure someone must have told her he looks awful?
- R255 to be more precise awful and brightly orange
- I don't want to turn this topic into 50 Shades of Orange but the makeup person looks orange. He is more like a tangerine but she is full blown true orange.
- How do you know he took his mother and sister to the premiers?
- R255 A mirror should have been more than enough to notice. Or Th himself, how can he not notice he's orange?
- So she's clueless even with herself
- Yes R246 source or pics?
- not R246
More than one person saw his mother walking the red carpet and TH sitting next to her at OLLA première at LFF.
In general, it's not so unusual that his family would be there for the première of one of his movie in London.
- R258 There are a pictures
- Where are the pictures?
- R261 & R263 Hopefully they'll be easy to find then ( without having to venture into tumblr )
- Can someone post them on here?
- I'm just curious what his family looks like and if they come from the orange land too
- That's his mum, I saw premiere picture on twitter, I try to find them
- R268 same smile
- Sorry but this is the best I can do, Emma the blonde close to him, Mum is in the right corner next to circled guy
- R257 what do you expect from someone who makes the man look carrot color? It would have been almost miraculous for her to have a normal skin color. She clearly is a tad colorblind
- Oh my, the way he is looking at the blonde on the far right...
- Can't really see his sister but his mother looks different to the previous pic
- R273 she's not the blond with long hair, she's behind
- R272 Really? He seems sleepy to me
- Is there a clearer picture of them all?
- Not at this premiere, but if google Emma H e Diana H you find them
- Just a thought.
Maybe what he says is true. He does lead a simple, ordinary life.
End of story. No tea.
So fan girls and fraus, take your fantasies back to tumblr and your pics back to your pinning boards.
As for his orange look, consider lighting and filtering. In the more professional pics, his color appears somewhat normal.
He appears to have skin issues.
- Don't be so bloody miserable ^
- I'm with R249 I don't know if that means simple and ordinary. But nothing special for sure
- Is Emma Hiddleston dating Gethin Anthony? He played the closeted King Renly on Game of Thrones. Those girls were excitedly pointing him out alongside Tom's family.
- They say Emma is an actress but on her imdb she hasn't been in anything recently
- I was going to ask why his famous brother couldn't hook her up some parts but then I remembered he can't even help himself.
- On the right hand side of page, read through the people who made donations.
- She's done some theatre but not much
- With all his money and he only donates £62?! Tight bastard! Lol
- Ah the simple life in Belsize Park! Wearing Dolce Gabanna, no doubt.
Nah, he is just a boring guy.
His sister has done some theatre, but hasn't really distinguished herself at all. It's a little bit like being a gentleman farmer. She can afford to not actually make a living.
TH is not in any position of power to get work for anyone. As you point out, he has struggles himself in that area.
- Yep, she is. I suspect she is five years away from quitting acting entirely and becoming a posh yummy mummy.
- So true. This will absolutely be her life.
Daddy worked hard to give the kids the best education and opportunities possible, and the kids all have fluffy non-jobs.
- Is this his older sister by any chance?
- Look, Creepy McStalkerson @ r290, give it a fucking rest.
- [quote]I've read the reviews, and they are all mentioning that it comes across as a film that was written by focus groups and committees. Don't expect much artistic integrity.
R206, it's a comic book. A popcorn flick based on 'Thor' the comic book.
Hiddleston's promotion of this comic book may strike some as a 'dancing bear' act but it is required. Actors who are A-list and/or already well-established can skive off promo duty. Second leads and those who are trying to gain access to better parts in better movies get out there and work their asses off to promote whatever they are in. Producers, directors, casting directors - they all take note of who gets out there and sells it and who doesn't.
Hiddleston, or whoever is advising him, is making the smart actor's play here. Good for him.
- Amen r291.
- The only good movie Marvel has ever made was the first Iron Man. Everything else has been a piece of shit.
- With all the talk of Hiddleston's "team" of Luke, the orange makeup woman and the PA who seem to accompany him everywhere, do the other actors like Natalie Portman and Chris Hemsworth also have a team that shadows them at PR events and the red carpet to this extent?
I know most of the well known actors have a team of folks to assist them, I just never see them appearing as prominently as TH's group.
- Yes, R295, they all have teams.
- R296 Yep, I figured they all have teams just wondering why TH's group is always shown with him -- especially Luke -- while Hemsworth's, Portman's et al are rarely if ever on display.
- His younger sister does not look that much like him. Maybe the same eyes and nose. He really looks like his mom. Same smile. Even the same eyebrows.
- He has his mums eyes as well. Emma doesn't look like him at all. Looking at the game of thrones guys twitter page I've found out the reason why she wasn't at Wimbledon this year as she seems to be with him
- Is it on TV already?
- What's on tv?
- R286 Well their mum didn't donate much more.
His sisters are certainly better at relationships.
- R278 I agree with everything except the orange look for this première because the effect is only limited to his face and not his neck. That is bad make-up.
- R292 don't know if it is that smart, it kinda make him look desperate. Have you watched the Apple Store meeting with TH Taylor and Feige? In some moments it feels like Marvel know they can exploit his fanbase to get more buzz for the movie but that's it, like he's a living commercial.
- His mother isn't making X amont of money on top grossing films. The amount she donated is what you expect from a parent.
- I wonder what TH would say if his sisters dated fuck them and leave them guys like him? I bet he would be the first to say something. Hypocrite
- What makes you think that, r306?
- He seems very very close to his sisters and mum. Must not be easy for a gf
- Tom doesn't follow his sister BF on twitter. Funny, isn't it?
- Maybe it is new relationship.
- R309 No, it's called "respect your sister privacy until told otherwise". Her boyfriend doesn't follow him on twitter as well, I think it's a case of not wanting TH fandom swooping down on them.
- Thanks, r311.
- Emma seems shy very shy. Too much for being an actress
- She was in the film "Unrelated' a few years back. Tom was in it too.
- TH interview with OTRC, where he now added Italian to languages he speaks.
- He doesn't speak italian, he just can say some words (believe me, I'm italian) he speaks french decently, stop
- R306 The women leave him mostly. He seems to be looking for a 'mommy' type of girl.
- Plenty of actresses are shy; they overcome it by becoming someone else.
Some photos did look good, but someone still needs to dial back the orange.
I can't believe he was wearing the same blue pants he wore around Asia to the Paris press conference. Enough already with those pants. A pair of jeans would have been better. The blue shirt worked though.
- I don't know if it's true but is hilarious, and yes R317 he needs a mommy, or baby sitter
- R314 - was she also part of the scene that involved a very starkers Tom jumping into the pool? Because that would have been a bit awkward.
- [quote] He still asks his mom to wash his clothes because he doesn’t know how to operate the washing machine and dryer machine.
lols I think if he can handle an iPhone he can probably handle a washing machine. Of course if true I could totally understand women dumping him.
- This thread is tedious. Come on, liven it up already. He can't be that boring.
- R320 Depends on what upbringing you have had, I have two brothers and no kind of problems if I see them naked
- Do we know if he'll be in Berlin? Or LA?
- He will probably be at every premeire he can get to.
- R325 TH is confirmed for the Berlin premiere. I'm not sure about LA though since he'll be in rehearsals for Coriolanus which opens on Dec. 8th.
It's true that TH has been only too happy to take the lead on promoting Thor 2. But once Marvel/Disney realized how popular the Loki character has become, they've pulled out all the stops to use Hiddleston's popularity to sell more of everything. No surprise there.
Here's a thimble of tea: Al Ewing the head writer for the upcoming Loki: Agent of Asgard comic books has confirmed that Loki will be bi-sexual and will also use his shape shifting powers to occasionally walk around as a woman. TH said that he'd love to see Jaimie Alexander be the female Loki since in the comics, Loki shifts into Lady Sif. The first issue of Loki: Agent of Asgard will feature a shot of a nude Loki taking a shower. Clearly, Marvel is pimping Loki for all it's worth.
- He's better get out of this franchise while is doing well. After this it can only get worse.
- Oh will it ever end?
The fan girls will never go away.
TH will ride this one trick pony into the sunset, some day. Until then, we will endure more dancing, singing and pandering.
- Why does he always mention dancing at the moment? From what I've seen it should only be kept to drunken nights out.
- Because they keep asking how he ended up dancing in South Korea.
- In where TH talks about Thor2, same promotional things he has been saying over and over, Out of Darkness, Crimson Peak and an impression of Shere Khan.
- With TH it's all me me me me me me. Want to talk about CH as Thor? No lets talk about me. Oh NP is talking and won't let me butt in to talk about me, so I'm going to sit here with a face like a slap arse
- Guillermo Del Toro about Crimson Peak. The movie shouldn't be out before April 2015. So TH in 2014 won't have any movie out.
- No more TH antics then. Seriously this guy is like a one man soap opera
- I saw an advanced copy of that new "sexy" Loki comic, and it is DREADFUL. Very poorly written, exactly what you would expect from a comicbook written and designed by the marketing depart and their focus groups, actively targeting very immature fans.
If this is where Marvel is heading with the Loki character, we are talking about something that is on the level of that Tinkerbell movie TH did recently.
The Loki of myth is both bisexual and cross-gender, btw. All kinds of great possibilities, but don't expect anything sophisticated from this project.
I don't know what to say: I was originally drawn to TH because he seemed at first glance to be an intelligent actor who was interested in working on a challenging level. The more I see and hear from him though, the more disappointing he is. He is either not as bright as he seemed, or he is a complete sellout.
- There's no doubt Marvel is rushing to capitalize on the current Loki & squeeze every last dollar and dime out of it before the fickle fans depart. The fastest way to achieve their goal is by pandering to the greatest common denominator: the Tumblr crowd.
Both Hemsworth and Hiddleston have signed contracts to appear in several more of the Marvel films. CH will appear in Avengers 2 and 3 and Thor 3 and TH will at least be in Thor 3. Meanwhile, they have to play ball with the studio. CH has more leverage than Hiddleston since he's been working more steadily. Also, CH the rest of the Avengers cast opted to negotiate for more money as a group after making their displeasure known about their "paltry" salaries. Sooo, CH has managed to get away with not going all-out to promote Thor 2 although he's seemed a bit happier in the most recent spate of interviews. Hiddleston's star has risen along with Loki but it could fall & fade just as quickly since the only movie he currently has coming out in 2014 is OLLA. And that probably won't get widespread release. His best option -- if he wants a visible career -- is to keep smiling and dancing in the hopes he'll snag a role in an A-list movie. From the sounds of it, Guillermo del Torres' Crimson Peak is low budget. His other option is to just walk away and hope one of his low-budget Indy movies is a big hit or concentrate on theatre and TV. No one's offering him the roles that Fassbender, Hardy and Cumberbatch are getting.
- I think Only Lovers Left Alive comes out in 2014 in limited release and he has a small part in the new Muppet movie coming out next year.
- Iiked him as Loki in Thor in avengers he was ok. His other roles are supporting roles with the exception of king Henry and he didn't really stand out in that. I'm beginning to think that TH is a one trick pony. He doesn't really have the acting ability or charisma of CB,MF and Hardy. Sure you can't fault his enthusiasm but he's falling behind with the other three plus now he's got more competition from Charlie H and Jamie D. TH should just return to theatre and make his name more known there. I've heard he's a decent stage actor so he'll do more better in that area.
- I think TH has talent and charisma. I don't understand why people think he does not. He certainly is a better actor than Tom Hardy!
- Talent ok, but charisma not at all
- [quote][R292] don't know if it is that smart, it kinda make him look desperate.
It is smart. If he looks "desperate" to some fans, it's irrelevant. He looks like a hard-working, supportive team player to people who matter - people who can give him work in films. Actors on the rise who slack off or seem unenthusiastic about promoting their films don't last long.
[quote]Have you watched the Apple Store meeting with TH Taylor and Feige?
No, why would I watch a meeting at an Apple store?
[quote]In some moments it feels like Marvel know they can exploit his fanbase to get more buzz for the movie but that's it, like he's a living commercial.
Promoting a film is exactly that, a long series of commercials in various settings. It's Hiddleston's job to create as much buzz for the movie as possible. I'm not sure what you expect a promotional tour to be other than a promotional tour.
If his fanbase can be exploited and Marvel knows it, that means other people know it. That's nothing but good news for Hiddleston.
- R341 No, he looks like somebody who doesn't have much confidence in his own talent, so he would says yes to anything. There's a difference between be professional and promote your work and coming off like a joke.
Because in that interview you could see how Feige was satisfied to have found somebody who doesn't have anything to do other then jump when he says "hop".
The point is Marvel will drop him when they'll be done with him. As I said, other actors promote their movies, they don't go as far as this.
- On the subject of how The Avengers changed how TH oppportunities.
- I hope Lee Pace doesn't act like him when it's his turn to promote Guardians of the Galaxy. I can bet a million bucks he won't though, Lee is such a chill guy and so honest too, talking about being stoned and shit while filming Twilight. I'm so sick of TH popping up everywhere now that I'm seriously considering just selling my opening night Thor 2 ticket. I'm already sick of the film before it's even on.
- When Marvel is done with him, if he's done enough, he'll get other work.
I continue to disagree with your professional assessment of his promotional work, R342, but suit yourself.
- TH gets his flirt on and admits he's a big cheat
- As with most things, the truth is probably in the middle. Yes, TH is a desperate, try-hard, circus bear. Yes, to many of us, his clearcut ass-kissing ways are really tiresome.
But his willingness to do more than his share of promotion work is not going to offend anyone at Marvel or Disney, and, let's face it, kissing ass and playing politics has gotten him this far. I think he knows that it is not his place to be a diva. It's not anyone's place really- look at what happened to Ed Norton's career as an example.
None of this is going to earn him new roles though, except perhaps in the Pixie Hollow Tinkerbell franchise. Casting will continue to be competitive, and he really isn't proving to be leading man material. The industry cares about it bottom line more than anything else, and directors want actors who are a good fit.
At this stage in his career, he should have offers piling up, but he is not. This speaks volumes.
- Maybe watch the video again, R346, he was talking about cheating when he re-answered the first question of the silly game the journalist had him do, knowing the right answer already.
- TH arriving for the Chris Evans breakfast show looking like the epic tit. What's with the shades first thing in the morning? This whole photos scream the exact opposite of what his fan girlies discribe him as. He clearly loves himself
- I didn't say he's a big cheat romantically but he really wanted to win that game. I liked when he said to cut it so it looked like he got the answer right first time
- R350 my bad then, when I read "flirt on" I thought you mean that.
- He is flirting towards the end but only so she'll let him win. You can tell he rehearses answers in interviews. He wasn't expecting the game
- R349 You realize that thing is at like...7 or 8am and to get to the BBC building at that hour you need to be awake at least 2hrs prior. Which means he probably looked like a sleep deprived possum and the glasses were a good cover-up before getting some makeup on
- Even the sleep deprivation look is better than the orange make up
- Marvel needs to stop hiring British, Australian, NZ, Canadian and other Commonwealth actors. They're a scourge on the American film industry.
- I don't think he really looks orange in person, just in pictures because of the flashback of the cameras.
- These next couple of weeks should be the last we see of him for some time, I believe. Thor 2 will be out of theatres and he will be doing that local play in London. He does not have much lined up for 2014- which should please him, as he said he "loves when the calendar is blank! (yeah, right.)
Unless Marvel can pimp out Loki again, giving teenagers piggy back rides and dancing/singing like a trained monkey- or Luke can threaten the fashion magazines to put him in weird photoshoots- he's not going to be setting the world on fire in 2014. His more talented peers will continue to do varied and interesting projects. Hiddleston will still be desperately walking red carpets, going to private screenings, heading to exclusive VIP gatherings- you get the picture. Better lap it up now, while you can. At best, he's a competent ensemble actor. And that's OK, but I believe our boy wants to rule the silver screen- and he simply does not have the talent to do that. He's the campy bad guy in a comic book movie, with a fandom that raves about his penis, hair, smile, body, bondage tendencies- you name it- everything- except his acting ability. They are fickle and will move on to their next object of lust. And THAT is the fandom he's courted. Enjoy Loki whilst you can, Tom.
- I beg to differ. My thinking is we will be hearing a bit more just as soon as his ravening fan girls descend upon the theater to see the object of their obsession perform Shakespeare, probably for whom more than half, have never even read, let alone have even attended a live play before. (think loud talking and screeching every time TH appears/speaks, some perhaps dressing as Loki since TH touts how Loki is one with the Bard)
Their behavior more than likely will garner him some attention in the news. (heavy sarcasm here)
- Well, OK, there's that, LOL. I am assuming the theatre will handle those, um, people.
There are actual women who live in the US who have purchased tickets, have no money to travel, and are begging their Tumblr readers to donate so they can pay thousands of dollars to watch him perform on another continent.
I can provide links if anyone here would like to financially support this venture...
- I would like to think women would conduct themselves better at a theater then screaming or talking during his performance. Most ones I have seen that have been able to get tickets are mostly women not teens. But we will see I guess.
- If they are begging for someone to pay for their little adventure, then they are the kind who will be the out of control type, no matter the age. Just by purchasing tickets to see TH without even considering making travel arrangements, smacks of immaturity. Not to mention a bit unstable.
They are like those shoppers who wait all night to be the first in line to get the goodies, no matter the cost. LOL
No I do not care for any links to pay for their adventure in TH stalking.
Yes I know the theater is a different setting, however I still say pandemonium of some sort could occur.
- I can see him getting pissed at the screaming ones. After all he's classically trained and is doing a serious bard play. I've heard he has to take his top off which means he has too start beefing up
- I really wonder if the Coriolanus crowd will make him uncomfortable,because from the looks of it,no actual theater connoisseurs will attend and for someone who wants to perform,having screeching fangirls can get annoying at one point. This isn't Comic con, this is Shakespeare and the mere fact that some of his more mature lady fans now act like they've grown up with Shakespearian books shows just how fanatic they are.
Not to mention these travel fundings they are looking for...I sometimes really wonder what their husbands or partners think of this.
I wouldn't put up with it
- Ignore the fact that she seems the ultimate TH stalker, she does have a few interesting analysing facts which have been pointed out on here before
- Is she some sort of psychologist or behavioral analyst or what is she that she does these analyses?
- R364 Her analysis of TH signature was fun. And like she pointed out at the end, it was done out of fun, with no intention of stating facts.
Also the one about TH disliking porn was also fun.
- Some of the handwriting analysis seems spot on: that he is creative, sensitive, nervous and needs constant reassurance.
- I think Coriolanus will be OK. Maybe the odd person who acts Inappropriately but I think even the craziest fan girl knows that if she disrupted the performance he would go absolutely fucking spare. Plus everyone else in the theatre would absolutely tell them to shut the fuck up. I imagine the Donmar will be primed and ready to remove any troublemakers in a heartbeat.
I have a ticket because I love Shakespeare and you rarely get Coriolanus on stage. I'm looking forward to seeing it and I'd be wholly fucked off if anyone ruins it by fangirling.
- I'd say black shirt looks good on him if it's open at the neck and not combined with a suit.
- If anything, the fact that people bought tickets to Coriolanus without even knowing if they could go is worse than the idea of fangirls improper behaviour. Empty seats in a small theatre tend to stand out.
- The black shirt looks good on him plus it fits for a change.
- R370: Agreed. It's a shitty thing to do since a lot of people missed out on getting tickets too. Not fans but others. Very selfish behaviour.
Well, he's known for giving underage female fans full body hugs and piggy back rides. He laps up everything they do for him. From kneeling and dancing, singing on command, this guy has made it clear that he will be that trained seal for THEM. He has cultivated a Loki fandom that feels they own him. I cannot even imagine how they will behave in a small theatre.
I hope it is a wonderful performance. I hope you get to watch a great play, and that those fans will behave- for the sake of the rest of the audience.
But his core fandom is more interested in looking at "Loki's Monster Crotch" than anything William Shakespeare has written.
- This has happened to me before. I tried unsuccessfully to get tickets to a Show where the lead guy had a lot if fangirls. When I did eventually got tickets I then wished I didn't has the majority of the audience was fangirls. They showed no respect for anyone and when the lead actor wasn't on stage they talked or messed about on their phones. The theatre wouldn't kick them out as the fangirls were most of the audience. It was also crazy getting out afterwards. I heard a few weeks later the leading actor issued a stamens staying he would not come out and sign autographs if they kept disrupting the show.
As I doubt TH wouldn't issue a similar plee to his fangirls, I suggest people should see the show on the ntl live at the cinema.
- *statement saying
- I'm a bit worried about Coriolanus to be honest. I have tickets and I'd call myself a fan of Tom's, but I'm a fan because of The Hollow Crown rather than Loki and the Marvel films. (I do quite like the Thor film actually, although I still haven't seen The Avengers).
I'm going to watch a Shakespeare play with Tom Hiddleston in the lead role. I like Shakespeare generally and I go to see other plays that don't feature TH (or Mark Gatiss) in them. I don't have a problem with women (it is primarily girls/women isn't it?) going along to support their 'favourite actor' - I'm doing the same. What I do have a problem with is the potential for clueless, ignorant or downright rude behaviour to occur. Being (politely) enraptured with TH is one thing, but I'm wondering whether it will be limited to that. Will some of the fangirls be as interested in the non-Hiddleston parts of the play? Or will they treat it as night out at the cinema, complete with talking/mobile phone usage and rustling and fidgeting etc. The atmosphere could be completely ruined.
- I saw Tennant's Hamlet. Never again will I book for a play with a famous TV/film lead without checking for online fandoms first.
The Donmar has form for this. It's a USP for what is a tiny, "off Broadway", kind of theatre.
- R373: Cultivated them yes, but he must see that as something totally different to his so-so-serious Shakespeare. That's what he truly loves - you don't take on Coriolanus unless you are a hardcore fan of the Bard. If this goes well it will up his kudos immensely and the last thing he needs is for performances to be ruined by little girls. I suspect he would go into the mother of all shit fits - backstage of course - if that happened. This is his big serious moment and any inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
I imagine the Donmar has a plan in place to deal with this. I was at a play a few weeks ago in London and some stupid fucking teen girls who had been dragged by their parents just kept playing with their phones. It was infuriating. Luckily the Donmar is very, very small and anything of that type of behaviour will be very obvious to all around and will not be tolerated.
I do worry about him a touch though, a performance most days, twice Saturdays plus all the stage door action every night... It's a lot to take on.
- R377: oh bugger, now I'm really worried...
- The Domar won't get rid of all the fangirls as it would make the theatre look empty. TH would never tell them off as he loves the attention from them too much. I don't actually see him doing most of the performances, the other actors are already in rehearsals whilst TH is on a one man promotional tour.when Thor tour has finished he'd only have a month. I also doubt his health is in the best shape for this as well.
- TH has created a problem for himself. He can't go form fan baiting them one minute to wanting respect as serious actor the next.
He needs a new management and marketing team to start a fresh and its not just us that is saying this.
- The Donmar won't get rid of the fangirls because the production has been designed expecting them. It has a long history of designing productions around popular TV and film actors. That's what it does.
I am sure TH is thrilled beyond belief that he can play that role onstage. So are the fans that can go see him live.
My thought was, he has already let that demon out of its confines- this fandom he courted. He cannot put it back in. They are his bread and butter at this point- they made him famous. They are going- I've read their squeeing about it. Most are young women in their 20's- with some sort of Loki/Magnus/whatever porn blog. So, yes, they will be in attendance. I can totally see them bored/confused when he's not talking, on their phones, chatting. That's who they are. I don't think it matters at this point how HE feels about it. I am just hopeful that they respect their fellow audiences members and everyone enjoys the show.
PS- I was fortunate to see Ralph Fiennes do Hamlet in 1995. It was off-Broadway, small theatre (The Belasco)- and his fans were VERY well behaved. But, there was no Internet back then, no YouTube, Tumblr or iPhones, so it was another world. I'm wishing all who are going the best of luck. What a joy it is for Shakespeare fans to watch a great live production.
Oh, just thought of this. You will have the *Sherlock* fans there, also. Mycroft is in it!
- I think this lot would be the most challenging yet epically as Thor would still be in cinemas. I hope we get some backstage Tea on what TH is like and if he is the real Prince Charming
- After the frenzy that erupted at Hiddleston's ComicCon and Asian PR tour to promote Thor 2, I would be amazed if the Donmar did NOT have a plan in place to deal with the potential for crazed, unruly fans. Security will be very tight the night of the live broadcast in January.
However, I do think there will be at least a few incidents early on. The Donmar AND Hiddleston himself will have deal with this head on. Since the theatre only seats about 250 people, the fans will be very close to him. I hope they have security! It's not just Americans, I've heard of fans planning to travel from Australia and Korea to get close to their idol. I feel for the other actors, the Donmar's security and the local police if they have to hire extra security to ensure that the show goes on and that everyone stays safe.
Several actors on Broadway have stopped their performances to tell people to shut off their cell phones, stop talking and disrupting the performance.
Hiddleston in the past has successfully calmed down squeeing fans when he's been out and about. But he can't do that and perform simultaneously. Best of luck to all of you who have bought tickets with the intention of seeing the play.
I did too, and yes, there were problems. I didn't find it really ruined the experience for me though. The size of the theatre and the number of people in the audience who were well-behaved compensated for the overenthusiastic DT 'squee squad'.
I have a feeling the problem might be more acute at the Donmar because of its small size and the fact that a lot of the tickets may very well have been bought up by the 'Loki's Army' contingent. If even 40 or 50% of the audience is made up of silly fangirls who've never been to a Shakespeare play before, well, let's just say I'm not looking forward to that. At all.
TH would be foolish not to do all or most of the performances, surely? This is another big chance for him to really put himself on the map as a serious classical actor. I should think he'll pour himself into it 110%.
- TH has only and sort of calmed down squealing fans once and it was still only half hearted. I do feel sorry for the other actors as they have by twitter accounts been in there everyday rehearsing. TH only got the job because he had nothing on at the time.
- Coriolanus is supposed to muscular in the stage notes. TH is anything but. He's also going to be exhausted because he hasn't had a break to recover, he's only human after all. TH hasn't been in stage for nearly over 5 years and back then he was an unknown supporting actor. Now he has the crazy Loki stans and because he hasn't been on stage or rehearsals that long, his health is going to suffer. It doesn't matter if he puts 110% into it, nobody would put a sick actor on
- R387 If I remember well the producer of Coriolanus has been asking him do play him for a while, so that he only got it because he wasn't busy...Unless you meant that he only accepted because he didn't have any other projects? But again I think I remember him mentioning in a interview (early this year or end of last year?) that he was going through scripts for the theatre because he wanted to go back to stage.
- Well we can only hope he was rehearsing during those walk abouts he spoke of, where he pretended to be on his phone while practicing his lines.
Or maybe his ego is so huge he feels he can do it without rehearsing.
It would be such a let down to all who plan on attending if he did not perform all of the shows planned.
Is that normal for an actor to let his understudy perform for whatever reason other than health or prior commitments he could not escape from?
- Come on people, it's not like he's an old guy with little stamina. He has all of November to rest and prepare.
- R380 There was some video of him in a parking lot and a lot of insane yelling fans. He made them shut up in a polite and fast wat way but it was a very clear "scream again and I will hit you". I think he said something like "you will be quiet and that's how it's going to be".
I don't think you want to mess with him by bothering him at his actual workplace while working. The public appearances are one thing and they are meant to be for the public's satisfaction but I'm sure he won't be as jolly if you mess with Shakespeare
- hear hear, Hemsworth is at the Berlin première.
- Hear hear r392. And r380 & r382 - Yes. Yes they will get rid of the fangirls if they act in such a way as to disrupt the performance. They will be asked to leave by the theatre. If they behave then there won't be a problem.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure the quickest way into TH's pants is NOT to disrupt him while he is playing Coriolanus. Even the crazies know that...
- More famous people than Tom have been in West End productions and it's been fine. I'm sure the Donmar can handle it.
And he's clearly been rehearsing for a while--see that pic the Donmar tweeted in September. He's a professional, I'm sure by tech rehearsals the play will be ready for public consumption.
People hate on him because he's a bit pretentious but it's not like he doesn't work hard.
- The Donmar isn't a West End theatre.
But of course it knows what it's doing. Tickets for Ewan McGregor's horrendous Iago in Othello were going for thousands of quid via the black market because of Star Wars. Like I say, the place has plenty of form for fandom-targeted productions.
- Has CH forgot one if his suits and borrowed one of TH's instead?
- No, OP. I wonder daily how it's possible that it hasn't won multiple Oscars. It's a mystery I may never fully resolve.
- ^ what?!
- R397 Because of the velvet love?
Berlin première has started.
- Only TH and CH in Berlin?
- I'm waiting for him to dance or to do something nuts
- NP is there too. They are lucky CH has turned up. The whole thing seems a mess and not many people have turned out apart from Loki's army
- Hmm. Someone has been peeking at the interweb and has toned down the orange... He looks good and bless his heart for not wearing boxers...
- I have to agree with a number of people here who have pointed out that Donmar is not West End, nor is it known for its originality or quality. It is second-tier all the way.
It's business plan has been, for a long time now, to capitalize on fandom to sell their tickets. It is all about ticket sales, nothing else. This was what they did with Ewan McGregor, and it worked. All the Othello tickets were scooped up by the Star Wars fandom. It was a pretty tepid production, but the audience wasn't that sophisticated anyway, so everyone was happy.
One thing I can assure though is that they are old hands at controlling the audience. Pulling out a cellphone during a performance is incredibly rude, and they will confiscate phones if they have to. Their loyalty to fans pretty much stops with the tickets sale.
McGregor complained constantly about the fans btw. He flat out refused to sign anything Star Wars related. TH will probably milk it for all its worth though because he really is a performing circus bear.
I have my doubts about his take on Coriolanus. The fans won't care, but I just don't think he has a strong enough presence.
- Or there are better lights in Berlin.
- That fangirl crying because CH signed her book lol
- Also: If there is one thing TH does NOT do, it is shit where he eats.
He will behave impeccably back stage, kiss up to everyone and anyone with power, manage perceptions, and be very, very careful with fans. He is expert at this. I am sure he took Brownnosing 101 at Eton, and was no doubt first in his class.
The real test will be to see if he can do all of that and actually act and get past his usual campy performance standard. Coriolanus is a bit more difficult than Cassio (a part which can rely a lot on surface charm and the fact that he is in so many ways a real life Cassio).
- He is wearing underwear , it's just the cut of his pants
- Pfft. TH should know better than to depend on the lighting. That is a such a lame excuse. This is why you hire a competent makeup artist! Everyone else gets this right. There is no excuse why he should not.
Once again: we have proof that he reads DL!
- Has TH disappeard from the red carpet or has someone shown him a mirror to sign and he got stuck?
- He's not got orange on but the pink blusher instead. Oh look they are feeding the ego
- If you look at this one his face is still a mess.
- Is just me or did his voice sounded like he was losing it? I won't be surprised if he got the flu the way he is going
- are you guys watching it online somewhere?
- R409: oh how disappointing :(
- R413: That's not bad at all. He looks much better than he did in London. Not a mess at all.
- TH answers.
- not so orange
- He's coral because he tried to cover up the orange with pink. What's wring with this man? Why can't he keep his face the way it is?
My apologies to those who believe that.
It's a load of garbage, youngins. You do NOT find out who you are by pretending to be other people.
You find out who you are by living YOUR life.
Sorry, but this guy is a mess if he is 32 and believes he can find the meaning of his life by...playing Loki.
LOL- actors- what a mess they are.
- new TH habit, kissing women on their hair, like an older person. He did it with Tiffany in SK too.
- Wonder what he was listening to...a chorus by his fans?
- Is it Adam West who played Batman that goes round comic cons now dresses as the character? I can see TH doing that even when Loki will get replaced and ungraded
- In that photo of him kidding NP's head, you can notice he's losing his hair at the bottom as well as the top
- he's not losing his hair, in The Gathering Storm, 2002, he was already like that, he always had a receding hairline
- R421 That was such a stupid answer. Listen to Dad Tom. He's had to work hard to figure himself out and get where he is.
- R421 Have you ever acted or taken an acting class? You find the character by looking within yourself and examining your own emotions. So yeah, it actually does involve self-discovery.
Where it backfires for so many actors though is that it does not necessarily lead to transcendence or wisdom. Self-discovery too often becomes self-absorption, immaturity, and narcissism. It's a rare actor who can spend all day everyday thinking about himself, his emotions, his body, how he looks to others, etc. and not turn into a boring douchenozzle.
Somebody needs to do some teeth whitening treatments pronto!
- Anyway there are people who take pictures of creepy Luke. Goodness
- Look at the back, he's hair is getting sparse. It's longer and fuller at the back in the gathering storm photo
- R364 Thanks for the link, that was very entertaining and some of it sounds accurate.
R366 Her analysis is based on a gif set where the creator made up the dialogue, it's not what he actually said. I'm thinking he likes porn.
- The reviews for Thor 2 -- as well as Hiddleston's and Hemsworth's performances -- have been generally positive. It will be interesting to see how it does in the first full week of release. I'm surprised that we here in the U.S. are the last to see it.
It appears as though Marvel/Disney have already green-lighted Thor 3 (unless Thor 2 performs miserably)so Hiddleston will get to play Loki for a fourth time, although probably not for another two to three years.
- I don't see the problem with what he said really,because by playing others you spot the differences or similarities to yourself. Some you might not even have known about.
And learning doesn't even come from finding out what you are,it's also from knowing what you are not
- A few more details on Crimson Peak plot.
Guess who has a supporting role?
- Even the positive reviews I have seen have a lot of serious reservations. Shallow plot, written by a committee, superficial, thinly written villain, will probably please only 13 year old boys, etc. That is about as good as it gets. This is not a critical hit by any stretch of the imagination.
Hiddleston is the stand out performance, but let's face it, this is a two-dimensional character well suited for his campy, scenery-chewing style. He has not proven himself to be an outstanding actor with Loki, but rather the one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.
I think he is a yes-man and an early sellout.
- Just saw TH recent tweets where he's is obviously flirting, I wonder if he noticed she is very much married! Lol
- R437 are you talking about the ginger he's tweeting? No matter how much I like to bash him, let's be honest, he's so out of her league. That's not flirting that's the narcissists way of gliding through life.
- Seriously? Checking the marital status of women this guy tweets? Seriously? How long before he ends up in someone's basement?
- R349 - I think people are just desperate to take him down. I guess they don't like him, but they sure seem to spend a lot of time obsessively following him.
- Who did he tweet? I cannot be bothered to look, sorry. Just a question: do you really think that every woman he tweets or follows has to be a love interest? This is the 21st Century last time I checked.
Frank Langella is about to play King Lear on the West End by the way. Sorry fan girls, this leaves the Hiddles and Donmar completely in the dust. There is acting, and then there is REAL acting, the real thing.
- Langella is a thousand times pervier than Hiddleston will ever be.
[quote]Casting will continue to be competitive, and he really isn't proving to be leading man material. The industry cares about it bottom line more than anything else, and directors want actors who are a good fit.
Once Kevin Bacon realized he wouldn't be cast as the romantic lead, he became a hugely successful character actor. He's much more prominent and more often employed than several former romantic leads I can think of.
- R442 I LOVE Kevin Bacon. He has a real flair for comedy. He was hysterical in Tremors and he also did a great comedic turn appearing as himself in an episode of Will and Grace where Sean Hayes' character Jack was stalking him and got a job as his PA!
KB also has dramatic acting chops. See Apollo 13 and Mystic River to name just two.
R436 Thor may not be a critical hit but the real barometer as far as the suits are concerned is how much money it makes. If it does well, TH will get to play Loki again in a few years.
- Yeah sure, Loki. So what? He is well on his way to being a one trick pony. Is that truly what he aspires to be? It's just sad.
KB is AMAZING. I have loved him in so many things. And please just what is wrong with being a very talented character actor? Langella gave an interview recently in which he said it was a gift to finally change gears.
"Langella is a thousand times pervier than Hiddleston will ever be."
Hahahaha! No kidding! And I love him for that. Truth be told, Hiddles is pretty tepid on all levels. His fans try as hard as he does, but at the end of the day he is just too self-conscious, too inhibited, too bound by his desperation to please. Too many Daddy issues. He should take a page from the Langella book and cut loose.
- R444 I just got finished watching Frank Langella's 1979 version of "Dracula" on cable. Hot, hot, hot!
I agree with you about character actors. They are the backbone of the business and every bit as good as the leads and very versatile. Stanley Tucci and Chris Cooper are two of my favorites.
I do think of Kevin Bacon as more of a second tier leading actor rather than a character actor, although it's true he's not the romantic lead.
As for Hiddleston, how is he a sell-out by playing Loki? If that's the case he's in very good company with Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, RDJ, Chris Evans etc., etc. It's not like he isn't trying to get other parts. And no, Coriolanus at the Donmar doesn't compare to Langella/King Lear in the West End but at least he's doing something. 2014 will be a pivotal year for Hiddleston, though. He needs to land roles besides Marvel and indies.
- I wasn't checking the marital status of the flirt tweet as she had recent pictures of her wedding and tweets referring to her husband. I just find it funny that it backs up TH stories of him trying it on with women who aren't interested in him in that way
- So, Th on Alan Carr was recorded yesterday, that means TH will be live on GoodMorningAmerica tomorrow.(and Chelsea Lately on Nov 5th)
As for Thor2 reviews, I think Huddelston at Time Out got it right.
- When's he actually going to rehearse for this play? The director lady said rehearsals started on Monday. Can't he put Thor aside for just once? NP and CH are filming and don't find the need to go to every promotional thing going
- Loki's "death" was dramatically satisfying and his masquerade as Captain America was funny (nice cameo by Chris Evans lampooning his regular character). What did you frauen think?
- That I haven't watched the movie yet, but thanks for the spoilers, lols
- [R449], Look mate, bashing Hiddleston or not being interested in Marvel second tier superhero films is one thing, but please respect that others might not appreciate spoilers.
- Perhaps if you don't want to discuss the movie, r451, you shouldn't be in a thread entitled "Do you think Thor is a bad movie?"
Anyway, Loki was hardly in it. Once he got busted out of jail by Thor and "died" you don't see him again until the end.
- R449 The film goes on release today (in most European countries) and isnt released in the US for anothet week so unless you've seen a preview most people haven't had a chance to see it yet. So yeah thanks for the spoilers.
- R446: That's hardly 'trying it on' for crying out loud! It was like two tweets to a journo from a magazine that is quite influential in the UK. He usually replies to any tweets from Elle journos. It was just a bit of banter! Honestly! I talk to people like that all the time. Besides, he's not going to chat someone up via Twitter and incur the wrath of the fans is he?!? I would suspect when he does try it on, he uses DM like the rest of us...
- r453, I'm not holding a gun to your head to force you to enter a clearly labeled thread. Are you stupid? What were you expecting?
- R455 No, I'm not stupid. A quick look at the OP shows that this thread was set up in July about the 1st Thor film which came out 2010. The thread has been jumped on since to discuss Hiddleston/TTDW, which goes on general release in the UK today (so I'm guessing you saw a preview). Obviously you didn't know that.
At least not as bad as the idiot who posted a thread about a Breaking Bad episode with the spoiler in the title. Though I don't know what else I should expect from DL.
So let me get this straight. You aren't gay. You don't pay to have posting privileges here. For fangurl purposes, you hijack a film thread so that you can discuss a single actor. Presumably, you also contribute to all the other hijacked threads whose main topic has been altered to include fangurl scrutiny such as stalking random Twitter members because they once had an interaction with your object of desire.
But you think the person who is talking about the film is the interloper?
- R452 so after this massive promotional tour Loki isn't even a main feature of the movie?
- Hiddleston and Loki is so over girls. Men, straight and gay are not crazy about him, they prefer Thor and Hemsworth.
- Post all the spoilers you want. The thread asks a clear question, everyone outside of the US has had a chance to see it, and in the real world, people talk about movies and what happens in them. To the fangirls: grow up. If you don't want spoilers, don't read discussion threads. It really is your problem. I am so sick to death of your fucking virgin ears.
Loki dies, but then comes back to life and takes on the form of Odin. Yes, even a spear through the heart cannot kill this franchise.
Sounds like Odin is also dead but I'm not sure.
Thor 3 will be all about Ragnarok.
- Anyone who thought Thor: The Dark world was a Loki-centric movie needs to step away from their Tumblr blog. He's barely in it. Marvel-the-Money-Making-Machine-Movie-Guys thought they could eek out a couple more $ from the fangirls by baiting them. Hiddleston- with no apparent work- was more than willing to cart his campy ass around the planet to sell Loki.
He was supposed to "break out" after Thor. 2011 was supposed to make him a star. Then, it was 2012- after The Avengers- that was going to be his meal ticket. 2013 was rather a slow year for work (unless you count having your picture taken) for him. 2014 doesn't sound like he's got much lined up, either. Face it. He's got Loki- that's about it. This publicity tour was his swan song, of sorts. If he was the most incredibly talented actor on the earth- he'd be in demand. He's not. Sorry.
- I haven't seen the movie yet and while I didn't think it was a Loki centric movie, from the way they presented it, trailers, promotional tour etc., it seemed he had a lot of space compared to Malekith. But you guys are telling me you hardly see him. Makes this promotion even stranger.
(btw, I watched the press coverage of Berlin première and aside from laughing and seeing TH and CH looking like normal people beside Berlin basketball player, TH looked drained, older than when he started)
- Speaking of TH future works, this year is Capa celebration year for the anniversary of his birth. If the Capa movie doesn't get made in 2014 it never will, I think.
And in the meantime, CH with minimum time given to Marvel franchise, is piling up leading roles.
- The entitlement of r456! I was going to address her post but, really, isn't the answer to her problems self evident? Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good lord split ya, honey.
I saw the movie with my bf on Oct 30 with the general public, not a preview. I'm sorry time zones cause you such confusion but here on the WORLD WIDE web it's up to you to stay away from spoilers. Yes, even spoilers from a kid's movie.
So, yeah, I thought it was really uneven and choppy. There were more jokes than I was expecting, but they often came at the expense of story. I mean, did we really need a jokey scene immediately after Rene Russo's death?
- It lost its funding, and both the director and the leaf actress immediately signed onto other projects. It won't be made. TH has lost a number of projects this past year: King of Soho, Dark Wings Has my Angel, and Close Enough aren't being made; and The Crow is one of about a dozen films he auditioned for which went to someone else. Crimson Oeak is a lucky break, but even there he was second choice. He has been "working," just not actually getting work.
- Ouch. In sure he has things in the pipeline. There's always a plan...
- They had a jokey scene after are e Russo dies? That's sacrilege. Ugh. Part of the Joss Whedon rescue patch up I guess.
Oh and little girls, no they did not bring Loki back to life just for you. If you reads the myths and/or the comic books, Ragnarok is a part of the story, and Loki sets it in motion. I am sure that Marvel and TH will find a way to make even Armageddon campy and jokey though. Maybe Loki will slip on a banana peel.
- It seems fairly clear he's having problems getting cast. Even Crimson Peak is just a supporting role. Coriolanus is at a second tier theatre. I don't see how he can try any harder without making himself even more annoying and desperate-looking than he already is, so I think the fans should start looking for a new object of desire.
- Coriolanus is a good thing, yes the theatre is second tier, but the play is challenging so, as far as the theatre that should do him good.
Crimson Peak, I hope Del Toro will do a good job (Pacific Rim was a bit of a let down in term of story and dialogues) but yes it's a supporting role and from the few infos, TH and JC should be the haunting presences in the house.
- Corialanus dies at the end.
- R470 ssht, before his fans starts a petition to change Shakespeare ending.
- OH NO HE'S GOING TO DO THE SPAZ-DANCE AGAIN ON CHATTY MAN!
- I'm looking forward to Chatty Man. Alan Carr is a cheeky happy and shoul bring out naughty Tom to play. Plsu he'll surely make light of anything Tom says that's too heavy. The fluffy Shakespeare stuff won't wash with Alan. Should be interesting.
It's a good spot. Second to Graham Norton's Show, surely? Big ratings.
But I hope he doesn't dance. Dear god, don't let him dance...
- Well I just watched Thor 2 and Marvel seems very keen to force Loki down our throats. If Loki doesn't work out for TH he could be a comedian. That's basically what he was in the movie anyway.
- Not a very generous photo.
- R475 From what I read in reviews the plot falls apart a lot, in the end the most memorable parts are the funny ones. On the whole the humour is a bit silly and doesn't work as well as it did with IronMan3.
- I understand not wanting spoilers.
What I don't support is expecting online discussions and reviews of the film to avoid spoilers for your sake. Grown up and take responsibility for your own experience.
I haven't seen the movie yet and probably won't until it comes out on Netflix (I don't think this is going to be worth the $12).
From what I heard though, Marvel threw Eccleston's character under the buss in favor of more of TH's clowning around, all for the sake of milking the fan girls for all they are worth, and that the Joss Whedon dialog is pretty canned, jokey, and predictable.
Verdict: Marvel only cares about box office, and especially making that 75million mark on opening weekend (a figure that is deliberately low because they cannot risk have Thor 2 seem anything but a success).
If TH's goal as an actor is to continue being Loki, then yeah, I would say he sold out. Sounds like a waste of RADA. But then maybe he knows he is not a great talent. Marvel and licensing deals will at least pay his mortgage. Lame.
- Oh well. Maybe TH can dance his way into the sunset.
- I wish TH would stop singing and dancing. Alright in his private life he can do what the hell he wants, but would someone please please stop him doing it in public! He can't sing and certainly can't dance it's painful to watch
- Agreed R480. I think the trained seal act is all about pandering to tumblr. ANYTHING to get the attention and dollars of those teenage girls.
- R464 R470 Read all the spoilers on a film site, but there's no need to be a cunt.
- According to Charlie H's fan page, production of crimson peak starts on feb 10 till may 14 2014. If this includes supporting roles, TH will be in Toronto for 4 months. Canada is always where the best Tea happends with TH. wonder what antics he'll get up to this time?
- 3 months not 4.
Coriolanus ends on Febr.8th, if TH flies to Toronto for the 10th, then he won't be at Bafta this year.
Tea from Canada? When?
- Oh maybe you were referring to when he introduced SF as his girlfriend?
- Laurence Fox hits nail on the head:
"As for social media, he likes the way he can use it to control what images he sends out of his family, so he can be his own “privacy invader”. He’s less keen on the idea that he has to become some sort of personal brand. “I mean, have you Googled Tom Hiddleston singing Man in the Mirror?” he laughs. “I mean, that’s a 24-hour-a-day job, being Tom Hiddleston. I’m not much interested in being Laurence Fox in that sense.”
- Thomas has forgotten who he is and no matter how much he brown noses people if influence , they already see him as joke. People are beginning to realise he's a one trick pony. That also goes for his tumblr army
- R486, Wow, that is really spot on, and it's nice to see that in the industry people can and will call TH on this "personal brand" shit.
- R486 OUCH! That's got to sting Hiddleston being publicly called out by a peer like Laurence Fox.
Hopefully TH gets more work off Coriolanus and Crimson Peak. But the man needs to take a break, get some sleep and eat a decent meal. He looks scary thin and haggard in recent photos.
- I think he has to be extremely thin and ghostly for Crimson Peak, but that look has got to be a huge mistake for Coriolanus. Bad move all around. I agree it look dreadful. He has aged, and not in a good way.
If it is a supporting role, I doubt he will be in Toronto that long. Nothing will keep TH from hogging the red carpet cameras at BAFTA.
I just read the whole LF interview. Wonderful to see someone who knows how to keep it all real and be real.
- He sold out? You people must be so fucking high you can't feel your faces. He's a working actor. AN ACTOR.
Loki, a role in a hit franchise isn't good enough. Coriolanus isn't good enough and/or the theater it's playing in isn't good enough. Working hard to promote Thor isn't good enough. He shouldn't sing. He shouldn't dance. He shouldn't flirt. He shouldn't talk. No wait, he should sing, dance, flirt and talk more but god forbid he go to Wimbledon.
- R486: Jesus - that must hurt. That really must. Fox has ever been one to mince his words but to actually name Tom as an example? That's just not cricket. I mean, behind closed doors it's as bitchy as it gets in the industry, but to come out and say that in the Standard? It's actually pretty mean and I feel really bad for Tom. He's trying his best and people still knock him, he must feel like he's being pulled in a million directions.
I know that sounds like I'm the queen of all Fraus - I'm aware of that - and you won't believe me, but I'm not. I just hate seeing that kind of thing, it's uncalled for. A nice subtle dig, delivered right below the belt. Uncalled for.
- Yes R491, he is pretty mediocre compared to his contemporaries, a little Marvel yes-man. Anything to make a buck even if he has to kiss every fangirl's ass along the way. Nice that he is able to find work though, and he had better squeeze Marvel for everything his worth. Take what is offered TH, DDL you are not.
Now run, run back to your Tumblr fan page....
- R492, Maybe TH has stepped on a few people behind the scenes on his way up and this is payback? Maybe JA had a martini with Billie Piper and is relishing the karma? WHo knows?
- R494: ha ha I doubt it. I bet he apologises to snails if he steps on them.
LF tweeted that video of TH dancing in Korea with the words 'I have now come..' a few days ago. presumably with heavy sarcasm, so maybe they are mates or maybe not who knows. I don't think LF gives a fuck what anyone thinks to be honest. Good for him.
- R493, you have no idea how wrong you are, no idea at all.
- R496: I see where you're coming from. He can't do right for doing wrong. It must be exhausting. I hope he doesn't read the boards here or anywhere else for that matter.
- R495, This is what is wonderful and real about LF, and it is the only way to be.
TH's tragic flaw is that he cares too much about what everyone else thinks of him and works far too hard trying to control it, which leads directly to the "Can't please anyone" maze of twisty passages. Only he can change that by being more authentic to himself and to others.
Apologize to a snail? Maybe if a photographer is nearby, or the snail works for a studio executive. Otherwise, not really.
- Well maybe if starts being himself for once people won't find him so annoying and will start taking him seriously. You can't say he hasn't brought some if this on himself. At the end of the day the buck stops with him.
Take time out of acting and reflect on himself on what he really wants. Then get a new management and PR team. This isn't the promising actor what we all saw and love in Thor but a complete mess
- “I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.” Bill Cosby.
- Amen Bill Crosby.
Btw Thor is trending on twitter and its all about CH this time. Stick that in your pipe dancing clown
- This is all very sad actually.
"Coriolanus has turned all my thoughts to ancient Rome."
Oh. I thought all your thoughts were in Asgard? Now we are back to Shakespeare?
I cannot keep up with his identity crisis.
Patiently waiting for the day his heart is in Pixie Hollow...
- Please post more insane fan and insane hater bullshit so that this thread will get to 600 and, mercifully, die.
- R501 Actually given how CH was MIA except for the last week or so in promoting Thor 2, I don't think he deserves a lot of accolades. His acting has gotten better since the first Thor but Daniel Day-Lewis, George Clooney, Michael Fassbender have nothing to worry about! IMO, Hiddleston acts rings around him.
CH has been snagging a lot of roles but outside of the Marvel MCU most of his movies are flops. "Rush" stalled at the box office in the US; I'm not sure how it's fared in Europe but I don't think it's racking up great numbers. Cabin in the Woods, Snow White and the Huntsman and the remake of Red Dawn are not exactly cinematic art. Just sayin.
- R493 R496 Also see where you're coming from but it's the try-hard that appears to piss people off, that and what he's doing comes across as an act (yeah I get it he's an actor), but to me it's seems fake.
E.g. Eccleston was interviewed in the Shortlist today and here's an excerpt "What made you want to do Thor 2, then?: "As an actor of my age, you do these films to make money and to heighten your profile. Any actor who says any different, I would question." and also
"But now you’re part of the Marvel universe, you’re going to receive crazy fanmail and have to go to Comic Con, right?
"Well, I question that: you don’t have to do anything. I understand that there’s a huge passionate fan base for sci-fi. I’m hugely passionate about soul and R&B."
"Are you a fan of 'Game of Thrones'?"
"I've never seen it."
POLAR opposite of Hiddleston. When he was asked about GOT, he gushed, "OH! I LOVE IT! It's one of my favorites!!!" But, when asked about a recent plot twist (or something, I don't watch it), he replied, "Oh, um, er, well, I haven't, um, seen it, recently, um, er, I've always supported it, um, but, I've been-, um, no, ehehehehe."
Reason #3 why people just don't like this guy. Give me Eccleston any day over that pandering fool.
- R507 He said in the press conference a couple of weeks ago "my job as an actor is to get paid" or something like that, in front of the other actors and Feige, the producer. To be fair he's only in this film, but still he was so straight up about it. Love him to bits.
- Maybe he meant that he loved when that actress on GOT used to tie him up.
- Frigga manifesting in Loki's cell was quite a poignant moment. I'd like to have seen more of Rene Russo and less of Natalie Portman in this film. Portman's character is just the standard damsel in distress and she's rather tepid anyway.
- I love how Eccleston is so direct in his interviews. Pity his character wasn't that interesting in the film. Chris Evans' 5 seconds in the movie was the best.
- This is a really old thread but seeing as all threads on Thor 2 are full/suspended this is the best we DL leeches can do unless some paying member starts a new thread.
- But seriously, what do we think about Captain America's cameo? I thought Chris nailed Loki-pretending-to-be-Cap.
- R513 - had me and the rest of the theater in stitches. Loved it. That whole sequence was great. Chris was fantastic. It was awesome to see a tie-in to the rest of the Marvel movie universe too.
- That said, r514, generally I found the humor in the movie didn't work with the drama. I mean it WAS a funny movie, no doubt about it, and Loki got all of the good lines, but it detracted from the pathos we were meant to feel. It was clumsy.
- FWIW Hiddleston seems to enjoy promoting Loki. He's in NYC right now and made an appearance at a Variety sponsored preview of Thor 2
- Finally we're having more journalists not kissing his ass and singing his praises. People are tired of your shit, Hiddleston.
- I hated Thor. Only watched the beginning, fell asleep, and barely made it through the last 5 minutes. Chris Hemsworth is a big fat zero.
- Why wasn't Loki screaming in his cell in the movie? Why wasn't Loki in his fabulous fur coat in the movie? Are Marvel reduced to disseminating outtakes to appease the fanhoard?
- I read an accurate description of him once.basically it says he only likes what he's promoting at the time. Remember war horse and during that he said he wanted a horse? Then during avengers all he talked about was Loki. Hallow crown it was all about the bard.
I'll try and find where I found the description of TH but basically it says he's a tiny bit fake
- He's supposed to be in rehearsals for Coriolanus but is still pissing around playing the Loki card? No experienced actor would just only turn up to rehearsals when only they felt like it so why does TH think he's any different? I don't he's showing any commitment to Coriolanus whatsoever (unless its promotion) I actually feel so sorry for the other actors who put a lot more effort in this because at the end of the day TH the skiver/promo guy is going to get the credit for fuck all
- I seriously doubt that he would just not show up for rehearsals, and those in charge of Coriolanus were likely aware that he'd be doing promotion for Thor - his absences were probably accounted for when he was hired for the production. We have no evidence that he's doing anything less than what was agreed upon.
- Didn't you love how TH fans didn't get the sarcasm behind Lawrence Fox retweets of TH antics in SouthKorea?
- R520 that sounds a bit unfounded, you can tell many things about TH but that he isn't a cinephile isn't one of those.
Nobody's saying he isn't a cinephile. But it's being suggested that he says he likes things to gain popularity or to suck up, not to offer a genuine opinion. It's just more of his fakery. I'm inclined to agree.
- TH is like the chameleon; he takes on his surroundings to survive, to blend in, to be in that moment.
OK enough of that, to my question, will he be in all the shows of Coriolanus, or will his understudy be doing the main job while TH prances around in his Loki tights, teasing the fan girls?
- I agree that he mentions stuff at times because in that particular moment it's trendy, but the way R520 worded it sounded like he only said he loved Shakespeare because of the Hollow Crown. That's why I said that one think that at least he is genuine about is his love for movies.
- R526 I think he will, unless he gets sick etc.
He drained himself for a promotional tour, I expect him to do even more for the stage and Shakespeare.
- I got to say that it's a cute thing what he did for the children in Time Square for the Halloween screening.
But why is always wearing a suit?
- R521 & R522 His promo schedule would have been agreed with the Donmar, but showing up for maybe 2 days for the 1st week of rehearsals still doesn't look good. After next week he'll have to buckle down with rehearsals, there's 4 weeks until it opens. If he's seen out at the opening of an envelope it definitely won't look good. He's known to put in the work, so it will tell in the reviews.
I have a ticket for Coriolanus in the preview week which I'm thinking of trying to sell, as I have a feeling the production will be invaded by stans and be embarrassing throughout, which is a shame because the rest of the cast looks great.
- He does truly love Shakespeare and puts his heart into it. I don't think there is any hot air there. I have my doubts about his ability to carry Coriolanus (if he pulls a weepy Coriolanus, as some earlier pictures indicated, I will hurl) but we will see.
As for the rehearsal schedule, I am sure that this was worked out well in advance with the director and the rest of the cast, and, unless he is senseless, he has been doing his homework. He does work very hard.
In so many other areas, though, yeah, I think he he lays it on thick, kissing up to fans and journalists, playing the game, right down to the learned at Eton nobelesse oblige which is so patronizing.
I find this very tiresome and cynical. He is like that oily little teacher's pet you always hated in grade school. Ugh.
- He will definitely put the work in for Coriolanus. There's no question of that, but I hope at least one of his team I looking out or his health rather than just counting their money. All thise tours, flights, appaearances - he must be exhausted and it isn't sustainable.
- lol at the interviewer for saying this
[quote] There’s another reason why Hiddleston may not return to the Marvel: roles are coming his way faster than a Loki-motive.
But TH's description of his dancing is funny.
[quote] “It’s organised flailing,” he grins. ”I didn’t learn any steps, I didn’t train - that’s my misspent youth in the 1990s
- I don't think there's anything to fear with respect to Hiddleston being prepared to play Coriolanus in terms of knowing his lines, the character, motivation etc. He has a reputation for hard work and many of his costars from Samuel L. Jackson to Julie Walters (in the Hollow Crown) commented on how he's always prepared in terms of knowing his lines and getting the delivery down pat.
From a physical standpoint though, I agree, he can't keep up the current pace of jetting around the world to promote Thor 2 AND do six or seven nights a week on stage. This should be the last week of the Thor promotions though and then he can put in a solid month of rehearsals for Coriolanus. At some point though he needs a break or he'll collapse.
And yeah, Hiddleston has been trying to put it about to reporters that he may not be able to return as Loki because he's so busy. Truth is, he's got Coriolanus, a supporting role in Crimson Peak and the voice over for the Pixie Fairy movie and that's it. The Capa movie is in limbo and he's already completed OLLA and his cameo in the Muppets movie. He can live off the PR from Thor/Loki for a few months and then it's back to reality unless he snags a big role.
He needs to get good reviews for Coriolanus.
- Roles are coming at him? Really? What roles?
- In the nicest possible way, no one knows what's coming his way until it's announced so who knows. He's tied up till Feb with Coriolanus, then March with Crimsom, then hopefully he has some time off but you never know what's being discussed.
- Moviepilot interview, where TH says the last time he googled himself was 3 years ago and that he doesn't go on tumblr.
- He's lying! We all know he was on tumblr during the rush premier because a STan took a picture from behind him doing it. I don't think he is what he makes out to be at all.
- Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
TH seems to 'reinvent' himself whenever someone with a microphone is in his face.
Even thought CH and BC are not great actors, they do have work coming their way.
- R538 I always thought he was checking twitter, during that Rush première pic. Still, in another interview for Thor, the one with the silly guessing game I think, he said he doesn't too much. so yeah, different answers.
- He was photographed looking at his Tumblr dashboard. He has also complained about what people have had to say about him online. Though this is not conclusive evidence, he or his PR team also seem to be highly aware of what fans talk about and what talking points do not make him look very good. So I don't buy this at all.
R436, if he were receiving actual offers, or even near offers, you had better believe his PR would be public about it and create buzz. It is as important in this biz to seem to be in demand as it is to actually be in demand.
If he is auditioning or competing with other actors, however, they are always going to be very quiet about it so as not to repeat the embarrassment with The Crow where he actively and doggedly auditioned and even got to the makeup test stage, then lost out to another actor. That was a lot of egg on his face. He cannot afford to look like an also ran. They have to be able to say that he turned the part down or wasn't interested.
The fact is, aside from a supporting role in Crimson Peak, he has no film work coming up. Meanwhile his contemporaries are booking well into next year and are actually are turning down roles.
- Someone managed to zoom in on the photo and it was defiantly tumblr
- When did he complain about what people have said? This thread is nearly full, where are we going to next?
- What..is this?
- For a minute I thought that JA really has lost the plot! On the other hand this. Stupid behaviour of tH doesn't surprise me
- R542 Ah, ok, I didn't see the enlarged pic, only the very small original one.
R545 I think it was for the Variety charity event for children in NY.
He really should let his curls grow, he looks better that way.
- Still orange I see. his next role should be Tango man
Then he could sing and dance badly without looking like a twit
- R543 It was the one where he said he was subject to some vitriol on twitter
New thread should be this one.
- Anyone has a link to the picture of him checking tumblr?
- R544: that links just to the blog - have you got a link to the picture itself? Thanks - I'm a nosy bitch x
- R549 This is the one I saw.
- Ooh is that burning smell someone's pants on fire? Naughty Tom. Checking Tumblr? That way madness lies...
- R548 I'm a paid DL member so I'll volunteer to start a new Hiddleston/Thor 2 thread. Does anyone have suggestions for a title? Let me know before we max out. Otherwise, I'll think of something and post it.
- Oh hooray R553, thank you. How about something that doesn't upset the regulars (even though I am one).
- Carr is ripping apart TH serious answers. TH is trying not to get annoyed because Carr won't let him babble on. I liked the Loki picture though.TH is STILL lying about googling and tumblr himself
- There is a better zoomed in photo somewhere on tumblr. Maybe we should ask TH?
- Were we watching the same show? Tom came across really well! Didn't babble, concise answers, charming, gracious, non-pretentious. No Shakespeare. Boy did good. Although his face at the Loki art was a picture. Especially when he turned away to drink, not a happy bunny...
- He couldn't babble because Carr talked over him all the time. I agree he was starting to get annoyed. At least he's not dancing and singing
- R553, Thank you, and I agree with R554 that a thread that won't upset our hosts would be really a nice change. I would really be nice if we could have a discussion that holds back a bit on the only-interesting-to-fangirls stuff if you know what I mean. :-)
Carr interview: link?
The link to Loki with children was, I have to say, really sweet. This man should do a kid's comedy someday, something better than Pixie Hollow. It would suit him well. Given that he is totally in Disney's pocket, that will probably happen.
- Spoke too soon. He dances like a drunken uncle at a wedding. Tom is one of theses people that needs constant attention on himself all the time
- R588: I'm blaming you for that - you jinxed it and made him dance.... He does move well though... And he expertly steered the convo back to him with his Boris Becker story but then it got lost so he grabbed the opportunity with the Kermit one...
Oh he's a harmless dork. He came across well.
- I thought he was going to run on after Tiny temper and try and sung with him. I also wish Cordan wasn't such a WUM saying that TH is the next Bond. A lot of people would be pissed if he was the next bond
- I agree he's harmless but he's soooooo annoying
- James Corden did a radio 2 interview with Tom last week and sucked Tom's cock the whole time. Wouldn't shut up about Tom being the next bond.
I can't see it happening myself. He's too weedy and effete.
- I like that he swore. A little slip in the armour there..'oh shit! The microphone'
A tiny bit of real Tom. Lovely.
- Bond? No way. Sorry, this man is not Bond material. There is no sexuality, no hotness, just gangly, gnarly ugh with really bad skin. Maybe he can be Moneypenny.
- OK, Here's the link to the new thread when this one maxes out in about 35 posts.
I made it appropriately inoffensive: "Tho2 and Beyond What's Next for Hiddleston and Hemsworth?"
- LMAO at his fans. They actually think he boarded a plane in London, and- on a whim- flew to NYC to meet with underprivileged kids.
Are they completely unaware that Marvel has him shoving Loki down our throats? That was a PLANNED MEDIA EVENT. This man does NOTHING without cameras following him.
"Oh! He's sooooo sweet! He met up with those poor kids! He surprised them at the movies! Awww! He'll make a great Dad! He should work with children!" It was a publicity stunt, as is everything he does.
Really. Are people that stupid?
- The Bleeding Cool crew got the jump on the news, but Forbes blogger Mark Hughes apparently spoke with Jaimie Alexander during the Comikaze Expo today and received quite an intriguing bit of news from the Thor: The Dark World actress. While Alexander has previously teased a big future for her Goddess of War, Lady Sif, Jaimie now "confirms" that another Thor installment is happening. But that's not the big news. It seems the 29-year-old actress is in talks for another comic book movie outside of Marvel's Cinematic Universe. "Jaimie Alexander has been having "conversations" w/ WB/DC," read Hughes' tweet. "She also knows things a/b BATMAN VS SUPERMAN's story."
Jaimie Alexander has been considered a longtime fan-favorite for DC's Wonder Woman, who's rumored to join Batman Vs. Superman. And the actress has even went on record expressing her hopes for a "modern" take on the Amazon Princess. Of course, she could be talking with the studio about another role, and surely there other actresses in contention. But, if these "conversations" that she's having with Warner Brothers become negotiations, she'd aptly join Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne in the Zack Snyder-directed adaptation.
- R568 - yes. That doesn't surprise me at all. I like Tom and all, but I'm surprised my eyeballs haven't rolled out of their sockets at some of the things they say and think.
- They can't think much of her if they didn't even bother inviting her to the London premier.
- R568 This was an entirely planned Marvel event. Wonderful, and well done all the way, but no, TH is just doing his usual company man routine. It's all on the schedule. Hiddlestoners will Hiddlestone. It's what they do.
Jaime was robbed. I hope she shows them all as Wonder Woman.
- Jaime Alexander would be perfect for Wonder Woman.
And a thousand times better than Cavill's gal, Gina Carano.
- R571 Maybe Marvel didn't invite her because they're pissed that she's in talks with DC?
I'd love to see her as Wonder Woman, absolutely.
- Love Jaimie Alexander. I would have preferred more Lady Sif and less Jane Foster in both Thor movies.
Hope she gets to be Wonder Woman; she's perfect for the part.
- Hear hear R575. More Sif, less waste of space Jane Foster. I don't get what Thor sees in her. Even in Thor 2 Odin was the same.
- The real news isn't Thor3 happening, in 2 3 years,is Jaimie leaving Marvel.
- R568 who would think he flew specifically for that event? He was on his way to Thor2 première in LA and a show over there and he was supposed to be on GoodMorningAmerica. But, it's nice that he made himself available for an event for children.
- That children's event was for a good cause but it wasn't 'full house' which Tom and co made it out to be. It was an outing for the kids and I don't think most of them would be that bothered if TH turned up or not. The ones which are real Thor fans would almost certainly be disappointed that he wasn't dressed as Loki (think crying kid and RDJ) TH didn't even stay for the whole screening, he said his piece, had a few photos taken with the kids and left. I have noticed that he sort of mentioning the real charity workers in UNICEF. There was an uproar on tumblr that he takes credit for other people's work
- R579, amid all the predictable gushing from fans, I hope someone noticed how opportunistic this is. Perhaps it will lead to more Pixie Hollow scripts?
- Yes, it was a staged PR event and yes, it's a stopover to the LA premiere of Thor 2 and yes, he gets brownie points with the producers. It was still nice of Hiddleston to show up and be genuinely nice to the kids while he was there. Ironically, this group of kids didn't seem all that obsessed with him since he wasn't in costume.
The rest of the cast isn't exactly killing themselves to promote the movie. CH only got onboard the promotion train in the last week or so for the red carpet events. I think Anthony Hopkins has only made one or two appearances and those were in his hometown of LA. Regardless of whether or not Thor 2 is a big, hot mess these actors were paid a lot of money.
- LOL I still do not get this "It was so nice of him to go to that movie screening with those kids."
Marvel said GO PROMOTE LOKI! and of course, he did. He wasn't being nice or sweet. TH was selling his product, there to get his picture taken. He was about as concerned with these kids as he was with those poor children in Africa, while he was on his publicity tour. His actions are all about HIM.
Of course, it worked. There was an Internet article that claimed him to be "such a nice man, such a sweetheart to be with those kids." Um, no. His masters said JUMP! He said, How High? He got the press, and then left. Think he's going to actually sit with the spawn of peasants? Nope.
He claims dozens of kids were there- but it looked rather empty, from the pictures. But, still, well played. The illusion worked. People think that was all his choice, all his idea. He's really Prince Charming.
- I watched Thor. I don't remember much except for the blonde guy and Natalie Portman. Kinda wish they had made her a superhero instead, like Scarlet Witch or something like that...she's very sexy to me. The character of Loki didn't even register on my radar.
- R582 Yes, his contract calls for him to promote Loki at major events. His appearance at the NY Daily News Childrens' Charity event sounds as though it was a last minute addition and he could probably have said "No."
To his credit, TH did do the event and was pleasant. There have been times when CH looked less than enthusiastic when promoting Thor. Many actors show up, behave badly and act ticked off. Case in point:Kevin Kline, Robert DeNiro and Michael Douglas when they showed up to promote their movie "Las Vegas" on the Today show this week.
- Yeah they're definitely lying here. Or at least TH is. And CH also definitely knows of Tumblr if he can say that it's a dangerous place. He speaks the truth tho.
- To be honest, I wouldn't mind him be Bond and can actually envision him quite well. He is more Pierce Brosnan than Daniel Craig and that is wonderful as Craig just looks like an obnoxious bull on steroids. He is just all round unimpressive and lacks class and whenever I see a man pout his lips , like he does,it makes me want to hit him.
Whatever you may say, Tom has that classical noble look (and please let's not start with the elitism again) and if he bulks up, he could pull it off.
As for the kids event, whatever the reason and whatever the event he seems to be genuinely friendly to people and that's a major plus point
- Craig is signed up for Bond till 2017. Honestly, if in 2017 people are still in want of Bond movies there's something very wrong with people taste. In the same we don't need yet another Robin Hood movie, we could do without Bond for a long while.
- I would love to see Craig as Bond beyond 2017. I doubted him at first, but he has proven himself worthy.
- So I see that TH is wearing a remembrance poppy on Chatty Man. Is that compulsory for everyone on TV to wear them because the symbolism of it is just bad.
- R590 Why?
- Everyone in the UK wears them on TV around early November. Why is that bad?
- It's to commemorate soldiers who have died in war
- R590 I know there's criticism re the pressure to wear them but I don't understand why the poppy symbol is bad. The money raised from them goes to the British Legion to support families of veterans.
- Do people just randomly try to find stuff to criticize here?
How can the poppy even have bad symbolism? Unless you think it stands for some opium addiction and don't really know why it's worn
- WHO? WHO DOES NOT WANT TO WEAR THE RRRIBBON?!
- [quote][R553], Thank you, and I agree with [R554] that a thread that won't upset our hosts would be really a nice change. I would really be nice if we could have a discussion that holds back a bit on the only-interesting-to-fangirls stuff if you know what I mean. :-)
Who are you people? Where did you come from? How did you find this website? Why are you here on the Datalounge, a group founded by and for gay men? Are you gay men?
Seriously - what the fuck?
- [quote]Who are you people? Where did you come from? How did you find this website? Why are you here on the Datalounge, a group founded by and for gay men? Are you gay men?
They're fangirls who don't like to be labeled as such and so do their fangirl business away from the usual fangirl haunts, thinking it makes their stalking less fangirly.
They invade a gay site to discuss things like 'privilege' and 'elitism' with absolutely no irony or self-awareness whatsoever.
Self loathers, stalkers, hypocrites, and delusional old women. In a nutshell.
- Everyone on to the new thread now
- Loki shapeshifts into Odin at the end of The Dark World.