- This is Lee Grinner Pace.
- Thanks, OP
- For DL gays to observe fraus's activity and take a deeper look on the gay Lee Pace:
- Thanks for starting a new thread
- OP a.k.a Simon Hall's Fist, could you do something for your partner? We want him to be Christian Grey and the new Bruce Wayne so bad, because he was born with that fine ass.
- Just a bunch of thanks?
- Hey, new thread, thank you!
- Has anyone here ever met him?
- Just had a great laugh as I read a few interests from Richard Armitage, I thought first I read Lee Pace's Trivia! So similar, it would be no wonder if they two are a real life couple!
- I noticed that, too.
- Who was the top?
- [R11] Ask Armitage! I have no clue if he tops or not!
- Ian McKellen said that, whereas there were no openly gay actors on The Lord of the Rings apart from himself, ‘there were eight on The Hobbit, which is a sign of how things have changed in the past 12 years’.
- [R14] Yes, I saw this before, it's the same with the Sweater. RA seems to like LP clothes ....
- [R13] Eight????? McKellen, Fry, Armitage, Pace, Evans, that's five, who are the rest?
- Can someone post the sweater pics?
- [R18] Take a look at the Armitage thread, there are links, or at the link here.
If you google the pics from the last day of the Hobbit you will find more pics from RA with this sweater, maybe in better quality!
- That's not the same sweater.
- [R16] - "Openly gay"? McKellen, Fry, Adam Brown (Ori) and Luke Evans - yup. But I wouldn't call Pace and Armitage "openly gay". Unless McKellen intended to our them?
- "Out", dammit. Doh.
- R16, maybe he meant they were out in their private lives.. but not to the public? Who knows. Maybe Lee Pace is open about his sexuality to fellow cast mates, but still won't come out publicly. There's different shades of openness. Lee Pace seems pretty comfortable with his sexuality, and it seems like he's open about it in his private life. He's just not open to the public (yet).
- This is R20, I changed my mind, it is the same sweater.
I hope this doesn't cost Richard the new Batman role. He's been careless.
- I hooked up with him, when he was filming Lincoln. I mentioned it on here, but no one believed me.
- Maybe McKellen spoke about actors who are out on the set or at work but not in the media or how can he come to 8? He must incluted all those actors who are just open with the people around them.
- Was this you, R25?
- Please, post the link to the interview where Ian McKellen said there were eight openly gay guys on the set of The Hobbit.
It would be nice if it is true...
Sorry if I doubt it but when Andy Cooper interviewed the Hobbit cast (Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage and Andy Serkis) something "odd" happened, at least IMO.
The actors entered the studio separately: first McKellen and Freeman and they spoke about gay rights and then Armitage and Serkis and they went on discussing The Hobbit.
Just a guess: Did Armitage want to avoid the discussion about how important is to be honest and being out as a gay man?
- R28 - see below, but this refers to a quote from the previous interview, which I cannot now find. Odd.
http://www.mattmueller.co.uk/index.php?page_id=Interviews / Features&category_id=Interviews&article_id=647
- R25, sorry and thanks.
When where you filming Lincoln? Can you tell us something more.
R28 thanks, very interesting , indeed.
Ok, the six (some out, some in, one former out)
are: Ian McKellen, Stephen Fry, Adam Brown, Luke Evans, Lee Pace and Richard Armitage. But who are the other two? Any guess?
- Isn't Luke Evans the one who went back in the closet?
- Yes, it's him.
- Sorry R17, the seventh is obviously Elijah Wood. But the eighth?
- What if Sir Ian not included himself, than we have 8 without Sir Ian!
- [quote]I hooked up with him, when he was filming Lincoln. I mentioned it on here, but no one believed me.
Pace maybe gay, but a lame DL whore can only dream for sure.
- R25 And why would he wants to hook up with a nobody (with crappy personality) when he can easily have the openly gay Tony Kushner?
- "I hooked up with him, when he was filming Lincoln. I mentioned it on here, but no one believed me."
- I wanted to know who the eight gay Hobbit actors are?
- Armitage was spotted by a fan in London on Monday. This doesn't mean that he wasn't in NYC earlier in the month, didn't Peter Jackson wrap up shooting The Hobbit in late July?
- Good chance to visit friends, family and maybe his BF?
- Pea coats, denim shirts, woolen sweaters and now tie pins. These guys sure like swapping clothes an' shit...
- [R41] What tie Pins?
- R42 - RA appears to have acquired a silver tie pin previously worn by LP. Not as clearly identical as the other items, but it looks pretty damn similar.
- [R44] Thanks, I found the pic. Also not sure, but Looks very similar as you said!
What are they doing? Are the careless about that, they must think that fans can find out about that. Especially RA fans collect every Little pic of him!
- As we are saying on the Armitage thread, fraus are too gullible to believe they have been fooled all these years.
- It would be interesting to know if Sir Ian spoke also about him when he mentioned the 8 open gay Hobbit-actors!
- To complete the collection of Lee and RA wearing the same things, not 100% sure with that but take a look:
- I guess The Hobbit won't play well in Russia or the Eastern European countries then.
If the pea coat fits...
- Where is the photo of Richard's tie pin?
- here r50
- Oh wow, it is the same. Dey fucking.
They should have been more discrete, this could cost Richard his shot at Batman.
- [R50] Sorry, I thought the link will shown both pics!
[R52] Yeah, that's what I say the whole time, that is to obviously, what are the thinking? The fans, especially RA-fans collect every little pic from him.
- Lots of drinking the slash fangirls Kool Aid--or lots of colorblind people on this board. Peacoats--one black, one blue. Sweaters--one black or navy, possibly with a hood, one blue with light flecks. Denim shirts--one has light colored stitching down the center, one does not. Tie pins--one antique gold, the other lighter gold. One would think self-respecting gays would grasp these details.
- [R54] Controll your eyes and look at the right photos and don't forget that some clothes are a few years old and some pics are made in different light!
The pea coat in a different light:
- It's the same sweater. I blew it out on Photoshop. You can make out the diamond pattern (yellow arrows) and you can also make out the little white spots.
Careless, careless, careless. No way Warner Bros is going to have a gay Batman and a gay Superman. What if they fell in love?
- Tee hee!
- [R56] I would say, nobody would care, make a good movie and that's it!
- That tie pin looks rather old and a bit tatty, maybe it has some sorta sentimental value to one, allowing the other to wear it is practically saying we are serious about each other.
Or maybe it's a matching pair?
- Right, because finally when both actors are on the brink of making it big in Hollywood, they would really risk it and have a relationship, publicly wear each others clothes, and live in a major city where there would be constant exposure. These guys aren't idiots. No way they are together.
- Neither of them are ever going to make it that big in Hollywood.
You're wrong. That's the fun, to hide in plain sight, plus the fraus are gullible and won't believe they're gay - especially Armitage.
- [R61] I hope so, to be "big" in Hollywood means not to get the good jobs. A career like Colin Firth would be great! Too big is not good!
- Or like the wonderful Alan Cumming. I highly recommend his film "Any day now".
- R64 "The Wonderful Alan Cumming"... It takes a total idiot to think that this guy's fans would switch to Alan Cumming.
- R60 What's the fun in that? Potentially destroying their careers with rumors by "hiding in plain sight." If I were hearing this maybe 5 years post-Hobbit, maybe?
- Yes, because idiotic fraus/teenagers like you follow the career of an actor only for his looks.DL is not the right place for you. Go back to your fansites.
- 67 Um, this is basically a fansite now. You're not any more valid just because you're gay and think you know more than everyone else on the Internet. This is a gossip site. Who gives a s***?
- This is not a fansite, this is a gay gossip site.
- Can we discuss they guy for whom this thread was made, it's called Lee Pace Thread!
- R68, this is a GAY gossip site. People here are GAY and like to discuss possible GAY celebrities. If that offends you.. too bad. There's millions of other websites, including fansites, that you can visit instead. I second R69, get lost.
- "Right, because finally when both actors are on the brink of making it big in Hollywood, they would really risk it and have a relationship, publicly wear each others clothes, and live in a major city where there would be constant exposure. These guys aren't idiots. No way they are together."
It's generally LESS risky for closeted actors to have sex with other closeted actors. It's more risky to have sex with out guys who don't have anything to lose by exposing the relationship.
- Pace's homosexuality and his degree of openness was more or less known and accepted in Hollywood, but Armitage was a new commodity stateside and has more conventional leading man looks than Lee, so he has more to lose. And with BATMAN in his sights! Foolish, foolish Richard! Was the tie pin worth it?
- Actually, it's a tie clip, not pin, and Timberlake, Cooper, Monteith and half of the world's male models in fashion mags have worn a similar one in the past year. That clip really gets around, doesn't it?
- R69 R71 I don't think your issue is so much with your fan/frau target, but that anyone who disagrees with you, is such. I never denied their sexual orientation or said anything to indicate offense. I simply don't agree with your opinion and false connections to link these two actors. Your reaction is worse than any fan girl, which is why I think posts like these on here equate to the same crap you'd read on a fansite. Childish.
- You can disagree as you wish and keep your eyes shut in front of any possible evidence that these two are a couple, I know that many fraus don't want their dreams being spoiled but that is your problem, not mine.
- [quote] but Armitage was a new commodity stateside and has more conventional leading man looks than Lee, so he has more to lose. And with BATMAN in his sights! Foolish, foolish Richard! Was the tie pin worth it?
Don't worry Simon, Matt Bomer IS going to get the role!
- [quote]Neither of them are ever going to make it that big in Hollywood
- R75, I have said many times that I don't really believe Lee Pace and Richard Armitage are a couple. It's possible I guess, but nothing here screams that they're together. So why do you use that BS excuse on me? I think it's obvious that Lee Pace is gay, he was dating Carter Smith. Richard Armitage on the other hand is probably straight. Just my opinion.
- It's a shame that a possible gay couple cannot be famous and showing that in a special way, maybe with wearing the same clothes.
A straight couple wouldn't have a problem (of course a straight couple can hardly wear the same clothes) showing their love or showing that they are an item, it would be also not a problem for their career.
With RA and LP we are thinking that is risky, can destroy RA's career and so on, that should be different, we should support them and we should think, hey, that's great and sweet and not making that down. We should support gay actors in the closed (because they need it most) or half-open or completly open.
First I also thought, wow, that's risky but than why to hell should they not wear the same clothes????
- King of Dwarves wearing the Elf king's clothes? When this news goes beyond this site, and it is just a matter of time, and Sir Ian talking about 8 out gay men on The Hobbit, This is not good news at all for the films.
- R80 The ones who think this gay rumor would destroy RA's or LP's career are DL's self- proclaimed anti-fangurls brave gays. There's no way that Marvel Studio isn't aware of this concerning Pace, but they seem so pleased with him regardless, so are the fans.
With RA, since he became one of the fiercest contenders to DL pet Matt Bomer for Batman, expect his threads (also Pace's) to get bumped in full force.
About wearing the same clothes or the possibilty that they're dating, doesn't hurt their chances to please the studios.
- [quote]This is not good news at all for the films.
Sorry to tell you that the gay tease IS selling the films. Peter Jackson masters in this thing. Do some homework before posting.
- Bomer isn't a contender for "Batman". All the "Ka-Pows!" and "Bams!" would scare him.
- R81 Who is the eigth gay? Any guess?
- McKellen, Fry, Evans, Pace, Armitage, A. Brown and .... ????
Who is Nr. 7 and Nr. 8.?
I'm not even sure if Sir Ian included himself when he spoke about 8 open gay actors! If not than who is Nr. 6, 7 and 8????
- 6 Ian McKellen
7 Elijah Wood
- I doubt that with Elijah .... if he is, he seems not very open.
Graham McTavish maybe? In a production-video he seems to take a look at Lee Pace ass when he huged another cast-member.
- Are Lee Pace and Armitage open to McKellen? I really HOPE so, 'cause I'm not sure if he dares to include guys that aren't open to him and just guess or heard from somebody else. Just because he's gay doesn't mean he has the right to out others or talks about other gays' private lives without their consent.
- [quote]Graham McTavish maybe? In a production-video he seems to take a look at Lee Pace ass when he huged another cast-member.
Yeah, and the other dwarf actor did that too, the fat one.
- No, Graham McTavish and Stephen Hunter are straight.
- Dean O’Gorman (Fili) maybe?
I'm not sure with Gollum and Smaug!*gg*
- I don't know why but I don't think it's another dwarf.
- Why are you all listing the stars and other featured players? I'm sure that (besides Fry and Brown) the only people McKellen referred to here are the one-step-above-extra actors.
- And he probably included Evans in that number to be deliciously bitchy, I'll give you that.
- I have the Impression Sir Ian spoke not just about Extas, he spoke about actors with larger roles, he said "gay actors" otherwise he maybe would speak about "gay people" who worked on the Hobbit-set!
- one step above extra actors are still considered actors, as they're acting in the film.
- Sylvester McCoy? The crack-addict, homeless wizard. Used to be Dr Who on the BBC.
- [R99] Nope, he has wife and children.
[R98] I guess, Sir Ian spoke not about some nameless.
- McKellan would have meant openly gay as in openly gay to the masses, none of which people like Armitage and Pace are.
- [R101] We have than McKellen, Fry and Brown and five unknown Extras?
- Not extras, but the fact remains that he wouldn't consider someone like Armitage to be "openly gay".
- R100 - Sylvester McCoy married with kids? Do you have a source for that, as my googling (admittedly not my forte) hasn't brought up anything.
- R100 - t no notice of me. I am an internet eejit - just found reference to McCoy's wife and two sons.
- McKellen was speaking of Lee and Armitage because they were openly gay on the Hobbit set.
So, the only problem is the eigth. definitely, not Mc Coy. but who is he?
- Maybe one of the Kiwi dwarves - pretty much unknown outside NZ until The Hobbit?
- Why would a man who touts the value of being open, above board, and out say that two glass closeted guys are openly gay?
- And in the case of Armitage and his longtime girlfriend, you couldn't even say his closet is glass.
- A longtime girlfriend exists only in your dreams, so far we've had only a beard: Annabelle Capper. In 42 years he never acknowledged a girlfriend, how thick can you be to not understand he's gay?
- beard=closet, doesn't it, dear?
- [R103] Ok, now I unterstand. Can be, but which actors he then considered? Official open just three, McKellen himself, Fry and Brown.
But maybe McKellen included all actors, who were open on a set but not official.
- Can't you read. We've repeatedly made a list. McKelle, Fry, Brown, Evans, Armitage, Pace, Wood. So, once again these are the seventh out, at least on the set. One misses.
- Your list is incorrect, r113, so no need for you to get so nasty about it.
- Why is it incorrect? It's perfect.
- There's no way Sir Ian would out actors who aren't openly out to the public, so perhaps the original quote attributed to him is incorrect/misquoted/misconstrued etc?
- You're too amusing in your denial. I totally understand why Armitage fools you, you're too thick.
- No one is denying that he's gay, you little idiot, we're just saying that McKellan would not call him openly gay.
- I'm not sure if Sir Ian wants to be called something like "a big-mouthed old faggot jealous douche" by outing fellow actors who aren't open to him.
- [quote]He's just not open to the public (yet).
His ass, however, is definitely open to the public.
- [quote]His ass, however, is definitely open to the public
It was Matt Bomer's R120
- I never would have guessed that Matt Bomer was a speedo guy. I guess he is a bottom and that Simon Halls is plowing his hole every night.
- R122 That is why he has threads dedicated to his ass!
- R118 Idiotic frau, the interviews could refer to openly gay Actors ON SET.
- R124 - are you honestly claiming that Sir Ian would publicly talk about people who were openly gay on set if they were not also publicly out?
- Please ask Sir Ian what is in his opinion "out"! How he define that!
Than we can go on here with a normal discussion!
- Since Marvel been scouting Tolkien actors for their projects, from Sir Ian him himself, Hugo Weaving, Richard Armitage, so why not he outs the latest one, before he become the "Loki" of phase 2...
- The rumour went around that Lee stood shortly before to come out but let's face it, he was not the most famous actor in Hollywood. He is somebody who is still a Newcomer!
- A threatening newcomer.
- For who?
- [quote]Than we can go on here with a normal discussion!
Normal is boring and unattractive.
- Would it so bad?
- [R132] Call it what you want. I just don't want to discuss all the time about fangirls!
- Isn't this thread actually made for fangurls to see?
You're are pretty boring for a gay person.
- Maybe I don't like to discuss about girls because I'm gay and prefer to speak about guys!
- Who made you talk about girls? NOBODY.
I talked about this guy all the time, linked a fansite for you to ogle but you kept thinking about fraus and fangurls.
- R126 - no-one other than a moron would have to ask Sir Ian the question.
- Me love American guys. Me love you longtime.
- That Ian McKellan quote is intriguing. Did anyone find the origianl comment? I only saw the reference to it in another article. Anyway,for there to be eight gay actors, it leaves us with two options:
1. Ian outted some people
2. Some actors are gay, but just have never announced it.
This reminds me of something I read somewhere about Armitage. I heard it was an "open secret" that he was gay on the Spooks set. Anyone know anything about that?
If a few Hobbit actors were "open secret" gay it might explain McKellan's comment
- [R138] Don't say that you took that serious!
- [R137] I don't discuss about girls here, why should I, if I want that than I should open a thread for that! What I meant is that a lot of postings here are from fangirls or others think it cames from "Fangurls" or "Fraus"! And here are to many arguments between people and than the original discussion get lost!
Yes, I read it, too. And it wasn't the only site. Armitage is definitely gay and is Lee's new boyfriend.
- How long will it take for Lee to come out now? I was right about Wentworth. I think it's obvious that Lee is gay. I'm not so sure about Armitage though. In any case, seems like Lee has gone back into the closet again. He was at the very least glass closeted when he was with Carter Smith. Now.. not so much. I don't think he'll come out any time soon, unfortunately.
The problem with Lee is Armitage who is deeply in the closet and has the dumbest fandom, ever. That's why Lee went from the glass closet (when he was with Carter)to the closet.
- He's in the closet, but I still don't get the amount of hate for him here. You can't control everything. If it's true let time do its job. He's gay and in the closet but you rabid queens need to chill and tone down the ridiculous anger.
- Ugh, whatever fangirl. Just get lost. You won't understand unless you're gay yourself.
- The truth is I don't know if these haters here are even gay men, sound more like a bunch of other actors' rabid fangirls who see Lee's gonna steal their man's thunder.
I doubt that gay men here are this rabid and don't other priority in their lives other than one closeted actor.
- R148 I'm confused. So, you know for sure that Armitage is closeted, or are you just contributing to the rumors like the other 98% of this thread? I think we need to separate what we actually know and what we think we know.
- [quote]Ugh, whatever fangirl. Just get lost. You won't understand unless you're gay yourself.
Look, (if you're truly a gay man, because anyone can claim to be one since this is an anonymous site),
If I were a gay man like you, I still don't understand the your wrath on the said to be closeted actor, it's very clear that he's going to out himself when he's old enough to be seen as sex symbol, and I'm very sure you will be angrier & even more judgemental than you're now because that. You will be spending your whole gay life hating and angry on this one actor.
If i were a gay man, I don't think that we could get along.
- Huh. R148? Are you talking about Armitage? I have said before that I don't really know his sexuality, he might be straight. I don't even care that much about him tbh. I only just heard about him last year. On the other hand I've been following Lee's career for years, ever since he was on Pushing Daisies. I admit Armitage is hot, but that's not who I'm here for, and I couldn't care less if he stole Lee's thunder. That is just a dumb statement to begin with.
- R148 Just because i thought one is gay doesn't mean the that i'm thinking the other one is...I;m talking about LP's possible sexuality, I'm not talking about Armitage, you dumb.
- R150, I really don't see your problem. I'm not mad at him. I wish he would come out, yes. But I also understand his reasons for staying in the closet, especially if he really is with Armitage. I just find it sad that he went from the glass closet and into the closet again. Before he was at the very least semi-out. Now he's completely in again. That's sad. But I'm not mad at him, it's his decision. I think many people know he's gay, especially if they're a fan and have been following his career. His relationship with Carter Smith is an open secret. He's not really trying to hide or beard (at least he wasn't back then), so he deserves credit for that. I don't think he'll come out any time soon, which is fine. I hope he has the guts to come out when he's ready, and despite my doubts, I hope it's sooner rather than later.
- R151 Huh? What made you think that I was talking about Armitage's fans?
- Sorry, was meant for R149,
- Where's the hate if someone says that Lee went from the glass closet to the deep closet?
Only the frau obsessed with Lee can see the hate where there's just gossip. Or maybe is a PR or a relative, That would be understandable.
R126 Do you understand now why we are talk of fraus?
- R156 Read this whole thread (and the old one) than you can feel the hate.
- R153 That's why I said since we can't control everything, you need to find some other alternatives that can make you happy as who you are.
The hate is only in your mind and even if someone dislike him, what's the problem?
Some like him, some don't.
- I don't expect everyone to like him, I just don't understand the hate since its became more extreme everyday.
- Sorry but the hate is only in your obsessed fangurling. This is the usual gossip.
- R147 - you're angry because an actor doesn't declare his sexuality to the world at large? It's none of your fucking business, whatever your sexuality.
- R140- thank God someone is actually able to post something sensible!
Even if RA were "open secret" gay on set, I don't see McKellen sharing it with anyone outside the set, in a public interview.
- And what about all those gay teens? Are they suppose to act like they are ashamed of themselves, also?
- R164 - only if you think being gay is something to be ashamed about. Not wanting to tell the world at large who you're banging does not = being ashamed.
Lee Pace has never volunteered to be the poster boy of gayness, AFAIK.
- R164 You're totally right.
Being out is being honest despite what some closet case or frau think. Obviously, for different reasons.
- [R160] There are always a bunch of guys here who do not like "closed cases"! It's a little funny because everybody wrote here under "Anonymous" and nobody of us know how open they are in their lives! Remember that!
But at the moment a person comes out everything is fine! It make no sense to be angry about closed cases even the worst one with beards because you cannot change it, not with beeing angry, not with arguments or nice words.
If you write here something and a few guys don't like it you will have a few posts here with the word "fangurls" in it!
That's the Internet, it's always the same and even gay men can be intolerant or angry!
- Let him get his film career rolling first. He hasnt bearded or showed signs of bearding at all that i know of. Maybe he shouldnt come out at all. Because i dont see film roles going to any out actors period. Quinto is proof of that.
But good for pace. He has the.main villan role in GUARDIANS movie, i think it'sexpected to be a hit!!
- Quinto is starring in STID, a secondary role as it is the one played by Lee.
So he went back from the glass closet to the closet for what?
Lots of closeted cases on DL this morning.
- R169 quinto got that role before coming out. Even secondary roles dont go to out actors. Lets see how far he can go before throwing it away like Quinto did.
- Bullshit, it's a question of talent not of being out or in. Certainly, if you're an average actor and you count mainly on your looks you can have a problem. But is Lee talentless?
- It's not a secret that the Studios fear out actors! There is no out actor on the Top-list, at the same position like a Brad Pitt, Matt Damon or Fassbender! That says a lot! Sad enough!
Maybe time can change that!
- Maybe it's because they're better actors.
What about Ian McKellen?
- Ian McKellen was never the typical young hero! He doesn't play romantic roles! He has his own space and is a wonderful actor! He is also to old for this boring leading man stuff! And he is British!
- They should be good actors, not heroes.
- Would be great the have a great leading man or not?
- Oh, please frau, stop this charade. Armitage is not a great actor, or better he has yet to prove it.
He's the new Miller, another closet case.
- And Lee is the same. I have to add.
- I'm not modest, I want the whole package! What's wrong with that?
I think both are great actors, there are much worse actors around!
- They're too good looking gay guys, you mean.
- This thread needs a SPAG nazi...
- Haha, you're right.
...two gay guys... Sorry
- R164 - why don't you start the ball rolling? Post a pic and your full name and personal details, and you can come out to help all the gay teens.
You're absolutely right. Well said.
- If you're tired of constant PrimeTime, having to pay to post, threads getting deleted for no reason, and whimsical banning, click below.
Our WM isn't a stupid nazi cow, and we might one day have again what DL used to be.
- Fuck off r185. If you really think you're spamming is going to entice us over to your shitty site then you're a moron as well as a fucking idiotic pain in the ass.
- Does anyone think Cahrlie Condou outted Lee Pace in that now famous article where he mentions an actor who is now working in Hollywood? I've heard some people say Condou was talking about Richard Armitage, but I guess Pace is a possibility too. Is there a thread for discussing that article?
- This is the quote from Charlie Condou:
[quote]I've witnessed it first hand. Years ago I had a brief relationship with an actor who told me he'd never actually lied about his sexuality, more that he just avoided talking about it. Later on I heard him on the radio discussing a fictional girlfriend and how one day he'd like to have children with her. It was painful, and he was mortified after. But now he's in Hollywood working on a huge film. Personally, I doubt whether being frank about who he really was would have changed that.
Has Pace ever given a radio interview in which he spoke of a girlfriend and children?
The article is at the link below:
- I haven't heard Pace make a comment like that, but I have heard Armitage say it. What keeps throwing me is the timeline. Armitage has mentioned in a print interview that he wanted kids, but I think that was pretty recently, like 2010. Condou has been in a relationship for quite some time now so if he actually had a relationship with RA it must have been around 04 or so. It seems like the timelines don't match-up.
It's possible Condou didn't mean they were together when the comment was made, though.
Maybe some Pace or Armitage experts can correct that record
- Charlie Condou and Richard Armitage starred together in "The Impressionists" in 2006 and Charlie stated that the brief relationship was "years ago" so that fits in the timeframe. There are many radio interviews with Armitage on YT, so maybe he mentions a "fictional" girlfriend in one of them.
- I don't think it was a radio interview. It was a tv interview in Great Britain, right before the end of the Spooks, I think. I read a written transcript or quote in an article. Of course, if it is Richard Armitage, that is not much of error for Condou to make.
- Definitely not Lee Pace, but Armitage fits in well.
Probably, they had a brief story during the shooting of the Impressionists.
- peanut - or Condou didn't want to make it totally obvious about whom he was talking, so was deliberately vague?
- oh that's a good point. Maybe he didn't want to make it so irrefutable. Are there any other theories?
- Carter Smith with his new love:
- [R195} Nothing new, even in the old thread someone posted pics from Carter with his new love.
- This one is a girl (and I'm joking), R196.
- Gosh, he is bearding too!
- I wonder if Helios has been informed of Carter's bearding.
Any news on Carter's new film?
- [R199] That smells like trouble!*LOL*
- Helios posted the pic on Twitter, and he did tweet that she's "our new best friend," so it could be a three-way, R199
- Anyone a idea why and when they broke up?
- When Lee went to New Zealand and met Armitage, more or less beginning 2012.
- They are like the straights too R202, R203, broke up and meet another, and life goes on. Carter met a new guy and happier, to make way for Lee to do better in his career , so stop making it sound like Carter is a "victim" here, he's not lonely unlike you bitches.
- That's why I asked if anybody knows more about their breakup!
No relationship breaks from one day to another, it's a process, you cannot cut off your feelings for somebody. So there must be a crack in their relationship before. Lee went to NZ for a Long time, that's hard for every relationship and for a troubled relationship a act of defiance. At this time LP met RA and Carter Campos!
I have to say - just my opinion - they were a strange couple.
- [quote]That's why I asked if anybody knows more about their breakup!
Get a life, fangirl!
- [R206] I missed it! "Frau", "fangirl", "get a life", I really missed it! It becomes boring, we need new words for senseless answers!
Never unterstood that some guys here have nothing more to do in their lives than writing garbage!
- I'm glad you understand sarcasm R207
Finally an adult here.
- This is a gossip site and people ask and discuss silly things. If you want to talk about serious stuff, this is the wrong forum.
R205 I disagree with you.
Often the old relationship ends because one of the two partners is strongly sexually attracted by someone else (the drastic changes in Armitage's life might "show" this is probably a serious relationship as well) and the old partner has to cope with it.
No victims, such is life.
- I'm more on the cynical side, fun, crazy, whatever but not necessary silly, dump, childish or boring.
This is hopefully not a forum for children or pubescent Teenagers!
I never saw Carter as an victim but had the impression a few people here think so and so I wanted to know where this come from. I got no answer, so I guess it's nothing more than speculation.
I wish both the best and hope they are happy!
I think this new relationship with Armitage is not a little affair, it is very serious or why changed RA so much that he lives now in NY! But for to actors at this level is NY maybe the best place to live!
- Who is the top?
- Armitage, in the old Lee Pace thread someone said LP is bottom.
- I can't imagine Lee's massive legs slung over someone's shoulders.
- Well, there are tall guys who prefer to bottom out there! But it can be a false Information with Lee beeing a bottom!
- Btw. I have no idea what RA is!
- R215 Richard Armitage, British actor.
- Thanks! Now I don't know what RA is, bottom or top?
- Are all gay guys exclusively one or the other (top or bottom, I mean)?
- Versatile is also one way!
- 193 - yes, that is entirely possible. The difference between radio, newspaper, tv would all be easy to make. Could just be a honest mistake on Condou's part.
- I know I'd like RA's massive thighs over my shoulders, my face buried in his taint....
- So does Lee pace
- He is very manly and very sexy in his behavior.
- Manly, Lee Pace? Are you kidding? He's a femme.
- Manly and femme at the same time = Versatile.
He's extremely gorgeous.
- And he's got a deep sultry voice, very sexy.
- Definitely a femme.
- Every manly dude wishes to look like Lee Pace.
- No way, frau. He's lovely but very feminine and manneristic in his acting.
- Yeah R229 There are a lot of actors, from average looking, handsome but boring, to completely unattractive who are either manneristic or bland in acting too.
- Henry Cavill is one of them.
- Lee Pace is way more fun to watch than Cavill who only got one look/style.
- They're both beautiful and gay but lack in talent.
- R233 The studios that hired them seem to not agree with you though.
- I love his Thick and Chunky Picante Sauce.
- Unfortunately, Studios know that fraus and teenagers are interested in looks, not talent.
- I haven't heard any directors, cast members, producers saying Lee Pace is not talented, but there are many written and recorded statements of them praising his talent and his rare appeal.
- Nobody would criticize a fellow actor publicly, frau.
- They wouldn't say it if they think he's not good, fag.
- This DL veteran R238 is jealous of Lee since years ago it's SO obvious. Go back to your "Julliard" school.
- Haha, you're ridiculous, frau. It's a question of money not of envy. Even if the movie is shit, actors have to prize the movie, the director and the other actors. It's called marketing.
- R241 If so then, what's the problem? If you're not into shit movies and actors why wasting so much time bitching about them? Oh yeah this is a gossip site!
- Exactly, frau. (or 12 year old?). It's you who shouldn't be here.
- At 32, you should start a serious career and find a soulmate, not pulling hair with girls at gossip sites.
- That's part of the fun. Even if straight girls shouldn't post on a GAY gossip site. And you should start searching for a real man and not waste your time on a closeted gay, like Lee.
- He can be a very sexy woman and doing a good striptease. If this guy would like to be in drag he would be amazing!
- Since when girls can't post on a gay gossip site? If you're so brave and a real man compared to Lee, so have balls to "have fun" with anyone on here.
- Generally, GAY gossip site are for gays and not for hormonal teenagers.
- I don't believe you're really gay R248, none of your words could change my mind about you. And I don't see other gay men here agreeing with you in this thread. Using different IPs can't fool people.
- I don't use different IPs, as you can see from Trolldar. Yes, normally we are not interested in obsessive teenagers but you are such a funny case and, as I've already told you, you can believe what you want. It's your problem, not mine.
- [quote]Yes, normally we are not interested in obsessive teenagers but you are such a funny case and, as I've already told you, you can believe what you want. It's your problem, not mine.
You're even more of a funny case than me or any other fangirls, your talk is not tally with your action... other than agreing that Pace being gay, other gay men here don't bother to join you.
- One gay guy wasting his time is more than enough for an obsessive teenager like you.
- If you're not obsessed then why are you here? You are not only obsessed with Pace and his life but with his fans too R252.
- No, kid. I post on several threads, unlike you.
But you are interesting in your obsession with Lee. And I've already told you, you should find someone REAL.
- As an adult You should find some REAL problem to argue over. I'm not the only obssessed fan here, it wasn't me who open these threads, you're stalking me and bumping this thread like crazy.
- Have you read the name of this site, kid?
"DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery."
Go back to ONTD or Tumblr, kid. This is not the place for you.
- That should apply to you too.
All I'm doing here is post links and printed stuff, never deny anything regarding Pace's sexuality but you're just one unhappy person.
- I'm very happy, unlike you.
You should go out and not waste your time on this insane obsession.
This is a place for gays and lesbians and not for sexually frustrated teenagers.
- Sexually happy people don't get their butts glued to argue with teenagers about celebs on internet.
- Bye, I hope forever.
- Come on, let us go on with the topic here!
- I also know I'd like RA's massive thighs over my shoulders, my face buried in his taint....
- Yeah - getting fucked real hard up the ass by Richard Armitage?
- Hot couple!
- I would loved to be a ghost on the Hobbit-set! That was the first fantasy-movie-gay-club! Must be great for the actors to met others and speak about gay topics!
- Has anyone ever met him? At a premiere, in theater wherever?
- Im just gonna go a head and say my thought
i seriously think Richard and Lee are dating because well have you SEEN those two!! They are absolutely made for eacj other xD but we cannot just assume they are dating none the less think they are gay!
But there is so much proof!! Wearing each other clothing! Being in the same spots at the same (richard apparently was spotted near the guardians of the galaxy set around lunch time :D) also going to see a movie and concert together!
Oh god i hope i am right!!
- [quote] (richard apparently was spotted near the guardians of the galaxy set around lunch time :D)
Where did you get this info? Is this from twitter? Is there any link to this?
- R267 Or are you someone from the set? 'cause I searched but found nothing.
- r267, could you please fucking stop ending every damn sentence with exclamation points!! it's really annoying! and makes you look like an immature tween!
my god, all over the damned Richard Armitage thread and the Lee Pace threads too. augh.
- Relax R270
- [quote](richard apparently was spotted near the guardians of the galaxy set around lunch time :D)
No link? twitter? Alright then, I assume you're from the set or have a friend who was there saw RA roaming around. But how could you not use the technology when something sexy going on in sight? This isn't 1950.
- Richard Armitage is like a ghost, so many fans and so often invisible. That in 2013 with mobile phone-cameras, Twitter, Facebook and million of websites ....
- Armitage has only been spotted in downtown London. GOTG is shooting at Shepperton Studios, which is not in London, but in Shepperton, Surrey.
- Some GOTG scenes have been shot in downton London.
- R275 Without Lee Pace.
- With and without Lee Pace
- [R274],[R275], [R276], [R277] RA can meet LP without beeing near of the GOTG-set. That is not a problem and that is not the point!
- Absolutely. But it's also not a big deal that Armitage went on the GOTG set or nearby to meet Lee.
- R278 So right. The point is, even if they're straight as a damned post, RA still can visit LP. RA has been with Marvel before LP he sure wants to know how it's going with the new production with his Hobbit co-star in his homeland. (if they're fucking i'm so jealous of RA...LP is fit as fuck)
- Lee and Armitage are a couple.
- please snap a picture next time you spot RA there!
- Brokeback Misty Mountain
- [R283] *LOL*
- No, R278, that is the point. You stated Richard was spotted near the set and then you completly back off of your story when people ask logical questions or point out known information. For those who want to see them as a couple, your baseless proclamations give false hope. It also inflames the fan girls, so why do you bother? You come off as someone trying to convince him or herself of the coupledom. (I suspect you are female; even effeminete gay men don't use exclamation points so often.). Good gossip has at least a tenuous connection to fact. You just seem to just make stuff up, like the on set lunch meetup. That's no fun--we have no facts to ponder the meaning of. Next time, try giving us some reason, however small, to make us believe you.
- Frau at R285. There are at least three different people posting on the subject: just check trolldar.
As for the multiple "evidences" that hint at them being gay and a couple, just read all the threads new and old.
- It does not matter whether Richard was near sighted or not. That says nothing about how they relate to each other. Endless discussions are pointless. Btw. I believe that they are a couple and a wonderful one.
[R285] Fascinating, what is read from only one sentence. Have you nothing else to do? I will not write an essay about it. What some people read from a post or how it was written - just crazy...
Frau in denial. You contadict yourself.
The sighting near the GOTG set and all the other "evidences" are pointless, yet you believe they are a couple.
How did you come to this conclusion, then?
- [quote]Brokeback Misty Mountain
- [R288] I don't said that all other "evidences" are pointless! Learn to read!
It means, you can be a couple and beeing on two different continents! If someone 100miles near or 100mile away from another proofs nothing, you can be a couple and endless discussions about it are stupid. Wearing the same clothes - for example - is another thing.
I cannot believe that it is so hard to unterstand but I'm long enough on message boards to unterstand...
- Everybody understood what you meant but the problem was, learn to read, that we disagreed with you.
For some people, this is just another evidence that they are together and that, probably, they chose projects where they can be together or not distant for a long time.
It's not that difficult to understand, even for a frau.
- I know people write these things, jokingly, but I misread this as Lace Thread, Part II and thought, how did I miss the other thread?
- [quote]probably, they chose projects where they can be together or not distant for a long time. It's not that difficult to understand.
This sounds like Lee has turned down at least 3 other great offers and ten funny ones that may include from DC and even 50 Shades. I'm not surprised (about the offers)
- Disagree, I don't think he has many offers
- I do not argue with people who have their head in the clouds and interpret into a simple sentence a million things! But Fraus like to do it, so let it be fangirl!
- This is not a fangurl site, this is a gay gossip site.
- Oh my.....
- Don't worry, there are always Ontd and tumblr for you.
- 294, 295, 297, 298 = tense gays without sense of humor.
- [quote]Disagree, I don't think he has many offers
[quote]I do not argue with people who have their head in the clouds and interpret into a simple sentence a million things!
Then how can he "chose"?
[quote] they chose projects where they can be together or not distant for a long time.
- What sense of humour?
- R301 Oh, a Brit!
- 12, no school today?
- Alright British frau, no Tom Hiddleston today?
- There's a video of Hiddleston with Cookie Monster in here:
- 12, who's Tom Hiddleston, another virtual boyfriend of yours?
- No, he's yours.
- And hey British frau, leave this American man alone. His closet is none of your brit ass business.
- All closet cases are equal, 12
- You're a straight female R309, your phony-ness of your so called pro-LGBT crap here is not attractive either. You are here only to make Lee Pace look bad compared to your british hero.
- Closet case/gay is not an excuse to make your dreamboy look better or more appealing, british frau @ R309. Leave that problem to the gays.
- 12, believe it or not, all closet cases after 30 are equal to me.
- OK, British straight frau, whatever you say.
- 12, believe what you want, it's your problem not mine.
- I think 40 should be a cut off for closet cases in show business. I mean if you haven't made it by 40, you probably aren't going to make it. I know of one guy, 50 and he makes an occasional Hallmark love story, would it really matter if he outed himself? Who would pay attention, how could him being out destroy a Hallmark career?
- Interesting point but I think that the age problem is not connected to the career but to the personal "growth" of any individual and, at 30, one should be an adult.
- [quote]Interesting point but I think that the age problem is not connected to the career but to the personal "growth" of any individual and, at 30, one should be an adult.
I agree there. I don't think debating with teens about celebrities on internet fits for a "32 y/o gay".
- Oh, look who's talking about being an adult at 30!
- 12, you're a pain in the ass. Haha
- No, you're. Everytime someone compliments on his looks (just looks) you got mad like an ass. I can't believe this hypocrite troll.
- 12, looks are not the most important thing in life, just wait and see.
- Then why did you act like, as if it's so killing you?
Wait and see what? Wait for him to get old?
At least he's born beautiful. One of the luckiest humans to be born beautiful.
- 12, I should be the drama queen, not you.
- R323 You are a psychopath.
- Haha, that's the best discussion one can have with you, 12?
- Well, I'll just let people here to judge you. I'm gonna stop harrassing a psychopath.
- Troll alarm!
- Kid alarm.
- Most of the people posting on this thread appear to have English as a second (or mebbe third or fourth) language...
- Yeah, he's international. Not bad for a newcomer.
- English as first language but dumb, no use.
- He's hardly a newcomer, R330. He graduated from Juilliard in 2001 and "Soldier's Girl" aired in 2003.
- I mean, newcomer in mainstream.
- Mebbe fifth or sixth.
- He is not the typical movie star, he played good interesting characters, worked with good directors, did Theater and TV.
- He's a closeted star.
- [quote]Mebbe fifth or sixth.
One person with multiple ID posting in this thread appear to be inbred white trash having some personal issues with multi-lingual people.
- 12, nothing to do on Sundays. No real boy-friend?
- Lee Pace turned you down R338?
- I don't like closeted gays. But if he had the balls to come out, I could change my mind.
- He doesn't need you to like him.
- I don't like closeted cases, Lee is just one of them. Nothing personal.
- World doesn't change if he comes out or not! Sometimes people acted out like a coming out of a famous actor save everything! People have to change their thinking about gay/lesbian people, if someone have a broblem with gays/lesbians he or she will still have after with or without a coming out of a celebriy! It's not so big!
- Not so big but still very important.
- [R344] Important maybe, but more important would be, that all this movie-stars which play a completely fake life stop it. This tittle step would be nice. There are stars with a totally fake private life and than giving gay parties. This is really shit. Saying nothing and living their lifes is something what I respect much more!
- I don't like double standards. There's no difference between bearding and/or make women believe you are straight.
- That's ok and true but LP is not doing this.
- Are you sure? Because I think this is exactly what he's doing. From the glass closet - when he was with Carter - to the deep closet- now that he's with Armitage. Being honest is not one of his qualities.
- I cannot take a look into the future. It's more Armitge who maybe don't want to go out puplic with Pace. It's more RA I guess.
- What difference does it make? He seems happy to go along with this BS.
- Well, I guess something like love is maybe involved and than you do things you have not done before. It's more complex.
He is living his live, doing nothing is better than living a fake life, creating a straight Image and than there is a gay party after another going on at home.
And - to be honest - it's easy to find out about him. What do you like that he should do? Giving an interview?
- Being honest is more than enough
- The good thing is, he is not lying, like "I have a girlfriend, I would like to have a girlfriend and so on.
- Disagree. If you subtly encourage women to believe you are interested in them, it's exactly the same thing as bearding.
- I agree with 354. I don't mind someone trying to keep his personal life personal and just not talking about at all. But either bearding or talking about girlfriends is equally dishonest to the public and is what encourages these fangirls to go nuts.
- R343 Don't bother to reply to these "gays", they're fake.
R342, R344, R346 , R352 = Tom Hiddleston's psychotic fangirl turning into villain Loki herself. Any handsome actors on the rise, open gay, closeted gay, bi and straight she sees as threat to her imaginary boyfriend. She went extra crazier than before since Lee joins Marvel.
- 12, is Tom Hiddleston another of your imaginary/virtual boyfriend?
- I can't think of a single wise reason for a self-claimed adult to feel the need to have a fight with one he/she keeps calling "12".
If you're an openly gay as you said, stop being obnoxious. You're not helping the cause by being insufferable. You're not helping with the image of the out people and LGBT.
Of course coming out is a noble act but the person who is out isn't necessarily a good person, sometimes towards other beings.
- 12, you didn't keep your promise. You said you'd stop coming here. This is not the right place for a 12 year-old straight girl. Post on your tumblr or whatever and stop trolling on a gay gossip site.
- I didn't say "I promise". I think it's you who is addicted to tumblr or wherever place that there's fangirls, and trolling with your childish hatred, jealousy and immature comments. It seems like it's your nature no matter how your age is growing.
Lee Pace coming out won't make any different for people like you, you will still be a pathetic person as you're now.
- R359 Since I am only 12, I think it's you who is supposed to stop being an equal to what we called "obsessive fans."
- Calm down, 12. I hope you are 12 year old because if you were a frau behaving like this, I'd be really worried for you . It's still acceptable that a silly teenager behaves as you do but if you were a frau, and I'm sure it isn't the case, you would need a medical help.
Lee Pace is gay and you should accept it and let people discuss what they want on a gay gossip site. End of story.
- I don't think there's one proof that shows I'm being denial about his sexuality. You're clearly not a good reader albeit a trolldar addict, your replies gets cornier & repetitive everytime without good points and at least a trace of maturity in them, nothing.
Me being 12 doesn't make you look like a respectable "gay" adult in the eyes of other forumers here. You're a small child trapped in a grown-up's body, an embarrassment. I don't know what kind of person who wants to befriends with you.
- [quote]and let people discuss what they want on a gay gossip site. End of story.
Esp. after reading all your vapid replies, I don't think there will be "people" for you to "discuss" with.
- The real reason why people don't discuss Lee in this thread it's you, 12. But don't worry I'll be always here for you.
- R365 Copy my style yeah? So not original. No personality at all. What a shame.
- Don't worry, 12. no one is interested in copying your "personality". You're annoying not interesting.
- You're annoyed because?
- of you, 12.
- You're clueless about yourself R369
- I doubt it, 12.
- R371 Yes, you are. I maybe harsh to you but deep down inside kinda I understand you. Try to find out who you really wanted to be, then you don't need a stranger/an actor to come out for you, because homophobes won't change their mind about gay people no matter how many famous people came out.
Sometimes it's the way you carry yourself that makes people love you regardless of your sexuality. I respect the bravery of Zach Quinto for coming out, but it's him himself that I don't like personally, not because he's gay.
- Zachary Quinto is definitely a man I respect very much. A man who doesn't pander to women and has the balls to show himself for what he is.
- Yeah I agree with that about him, but he is also one of normal people like everybody else, whom I don't like for certain reasons. Well I'm just being honest about how I feel , just like Quinto.
- See, 12, we can agree on something. Haha.
Well, not everything, in fact one of the thing I like the most in Zachary is that he is "normal", he doesn' want to appear something that he's not and I particularly liked his coming out letter.
That's the letter a man with balls and principles writes.
- R375 And next time, try to learn to get the exact points of a post/opinion. It's for your own good.
Lee Pace will remain my favorite actor of all time, although he's not perfect or man enough to your eyes.
- 12, the problem is not that you like Lee but that you can't accept that other people don't like him as a person and/or as an actor.
- R377 You can't accept people don't like certain actors, don't accuse me for acting the same.
- Again, 12, the problem is not that you like Lee but that you can't accept that other people don't like him as a person and/or as an actor.
- Don't you think that you're spending wayyy so much time thinking about someone you don't like? He's too intriguing for you to ignore isn't he?
- No, not at all. It's much more interesting this way, more challenging.
- I know, he's in your mind all day, everyday.
Such a creation.
- I don't want to disappoint you but Lee is just ONE of the gay actors we discuss here, for instance Jake Gyllenhaal or Henry Cavill
- Let's Discuss this!
- 12, don't be so obsessed with Lee. Take a more distant approach.
- I always remind myself that he is not perfect, he is just like us and I'm embracing that. You should worry about yourself, you're hating too hard.
Next time when someone disagrees with you about him not wanting to speak, or praising his looks or talent, don' get mad and trying to chase people away from this forum, because its part of discussion. Have some balls to some challenges.
- 12, you're so extreme in your statements. And besides closeted cases I have to admit that I don't like fanatics. But you're young, at least I hope so, and you can still change and take a more realistic approach.
- Like I said before, you're totally clueless about yourself. You're feeding the fanatics.
- I doubt it, 12. Think over it.
- [quote]you can still change and take a more realistic approach
Such as? How? (yeah I know he's gay and closeted) but do tell me how more realistic can I get?
- [quote]I doubt it, 12. Think over it
I said, You're feeding the fanatics. You're clueless about your own doings. If you still don't get my point you went to school in vain.
- Your point is limited to looks, which is fair for someone who's 12 but a bit worrying for adults.
- Looks plays a big part, and he's not talentless.
A realistic approach.
- Looks plays a big part for you not for everybody.
IMHO he's an average actor, too manneristic, he seems always to pose not to act.
- He has an exceptional presence, exceptional looks and appeal, that got him these interesting roles and admirers. What do you know about acting? You are only after his life, which is more extreme.
- [quote]Looks plays a big part for you not for everybody.
His looks that got him fans/fangirls/fangurls plays a big part in YOUR everyday life obviously. If not you wouldn't be here doing this discussion.
- In fact this is why I think he's an average man and an average actor and even his looks is belittled by his weak personality. Maybe, in the future, if he comes out I'll change my mind.
- [quote]In fact this is why I think he's an average man and an average actor and even his looks is belittled by his weak personality. Maybe, in the future, if he comes out I'll change my mind
Okay, this says a lot about YOU actually. I rest my case.
- Well, this is hardly news. I've already told you that I don't like closet cases after 30 and I don't like fanatism.
- Lee Pace and Richard Armitage gave a interview today. Not online, no pics at the moment.
- I forgot Luke Evans. That was the gayest interview ever.
- Warner Bros. Pictures and MGM just released this new Thranduil character banner...specially for R399
Tomorrow, a new trailer will be released around 7 a.m. Pacific / 9 a.m. Eastern. R399 better don't miss that!
- Admit it--he makes a freakin awesome elf. Screw Elven swords--I want the Elven flatiron.
- Great, first time I like a man with long blond hair and pointed ears.
- Lee & Luke
- Lee & Luke having fun
- This whole gay thing is far too American. Whilst Pace may be in the closet, Armitage is firmly locked in the cupboard. Or chiffonier, if you is posh like what I am.
- Lee Pace's voice is 100% SEX.
- To bad that we weren't on that set
Nice and funny clip
- Is he a top?
- Out of the eight, I am the only top.
- No way
- A top? I doubt it.
- I watched him in Lincoln today. The fact is Lee Pace is a really bad actor. The rest is all entertainment.
- This is a very strange thread.
- R416 = Twitter frau being pretentious.
- R416 I wouldn't say Lee is a really bad actor but a good looking AVERAGE actor a bit too manneristic for my taste.
- Your taste?
- Definitely an average actor
- We can't say that he's a great actor since he's neither an Oscar winner nor B-lister. But his undeniably great acting experiences + magnetic charm are to die for.
- 3 Million facebook fans for The Hobbit
- The hobbit is a very disappointing movie.
- I think he is a great actor, very versatile, if you don't like him, ok, nobody have to follow him or see his movies. Very easy
- And I think that he's an average actor and I value different opinions. This is not a fansite but a forum. Very easy.
- R426 Yeah, you will change your slippery mind from bad to great actor if he comes out of the closet, based on your own word. Therefore whatever your opinion about someone is not valid.
[quote]This is not a fansite but a forum.
Compliments on a forum doesn't make it a fansite. You can argue or disagree, but to say it becoming a fansite is imbecile.
- It's not imbecile, it's the truth. In truth, teenager fangurls are too partial to understand it.He's an average actor and you confuse looks with talent.
- R428 His iconic Thranduil character's just got his own exclusive merchandise that I would like to shove them into your throat. Unless you art-scholar is too stupid to see, you can't deny that he already brought the Tolkien elves character to a new level.
- [R416] I you want to waste time with things you don't like, your time, your problem.
I prefer to spend time with things I like.
- I prefer to use my critical thinking in general (for things that I like and others that I don't like) and I can't stand fanatics of any kind.
- R431 He has fanatic fans around the world, live with it or die.
- [quote]I can't stand fanatics of any kind.
Anyone with brain would never admit that one actor's fanatics ruin his/her life. My sympathy for your abandoned significant other, if you had one.
- The only fanatic fan I see, it's you, 12.
- Then how's that makes you sad R434? Your gay life isn't satisfying or what?
- [quote]The only fanatic fan I see, it's you, 12.
He's got fanatic fans outside DL. The sole reason that got you into bitterness.
- 12, you are a clear example of why I don't like fanatics.
Luckily, you are the only one.
- It's ok, because if one take a look at Lee, s/he will definitely thinks you're an idiot.
- And that you are a silly fanatic teenager.
- And please R439, stop trying to be an active gay spokesperson here, you are too repulsive to be of any community's representative. You maybe brave out old gay man BUT you have no class.
- And so 10 TIMES silly of you fighting with a fanatic teenager. Downright pathetic sad old man.
- Does anyone have any real gossip or news about Lee Pace? Everything I see that this thread has been bumped I get excited hoping for some new news and then I see it's just a couple of people arguing and throwing insults back and forth. So disappointing.
- Whoa R429 you are out of line. I agree that he is a perfectly good actor but Tolkein isn't Shakespeare. I didn't care for him in Miss Pettigrew has a day or whatever the title of it was. Thought all of the women's characters were better than the men, but that is how it was written.
- I mean, his powerful presence makes the poeple who never find elves characters to be interesting before turned their heads to him.
No matter how great the charmingly hyper Amy Adams or how quirkily romantic Frances McDormand was in Ms Pettigrew, it's Lee Pace who gets that generally unknown film continues to have new viewers from around the globe everyday. Even Amy was starstruck by him while filming it.
- [quote]I didn't care for him in Miss Pettigrew has a day or whatever the title of it was.
Without him, that film will definitely be forgotten and you probably will never heard of it. Most of his detractors often bitching to his fans "I didn't care for him/his characters in it" but it was him that got them somehow itching to see it.
- Well, peanut?
next time don't be careless.
- When exactly did DL become Fangurl Central?
- "Definitely an average actor"
Kind of hard to get into Juilliard when you are only "average"
- Actually R447, Lee's a superhot actor who's got the least fangirls in DL. It just the stupidity of his detractors were beyond belief that I feel the need to give their shits back.
- [quote]Kind of hard to get into Juilliard when you are only "average"
He went to Juilliard with Tracie Thoms. I must say the school picked the right couple of students.
- I forgot Anthony Mackie, was with them too.
- He's an average actor, his fanatics are attracted by his looks not his acting.
- Whatever you say R452, because the thespians of Datalounge doesn't affect him to be where he is now.
He was having a hard time to get good roles after The Fall and Pushing Daisies because of the gay rumors gone viral, but now the studios were charmed by his exceptional qualities, that some scared DLer's were indeed aware of that even since years ago.
- BORING. This is not a gossip thread. No one is gossiping. Just fawning over Lee Pace.
Get rid of the stans,they ruin EVERYTHING!!
- [quote]his fanatics are attracted by his looks not his acting
Weren't you the one who kept saying that he's ugly back then?
- It's like he doesn't know you. He never will. So get off his dick. Sheez, how much self worth must people have arguing about someone they don't know personally?! How bizarre. I get admiration but that stan that keeps on responding to anyone saying anything not perfect about Lee is behaving like the Rihanna stans.
And to show my fairness and objectivity, on the other scale you have the irrational nut jobs who relentlessly post negative baseless opinions on an actor for god knows what reason.
- For someone I have never heard of the thought that there are two threads is amazing. I could understand Red Dragon Cheese and other topics but someone unknown to the general public? Well I will see him in the next Hobbit movie and judge for myself.
- [quote]BORING. This is not a gossip thread. No one is gossiping. Just fawning over Lee Pace
There were some "juicy" gossips, the bf beating, hooking with extras at Lincoln set, with a nelly DLer in a car outside a pub, nobody dares to admit to believe it (except the author clearing his cookies) because it sounded like it came from a kid who has never leave his basement.
- [quote]how much self worth must people have arguing about someone they don't know personally?!
You're right. Only me, just me!
- [quote] you have the irrational nut jobs who relentlessly post negative baseless opinions on an actor for god knows what reason.
My, this only shows that you are just the same.
- [quote]For someone I have never heard of the thought that there are two threads is amazing. I could understand Red Dragon Cheese and other topics but someone unknown to the general public?
Do you know what's more amazing? Most threads dedicated to him weren't made by his fans, including this one.
[quote]Well I will see him in the next Hobbit movie and judge for myself.
Do see it.
- The poster who claimed to be the abused ex-boyfriend said that there was a police report on the (alleged)drunken assault. It never materialized. I can't believe that Lee was important enough that the incident would have been effectively hushed up by his PR agent.
- The clothes again
- Naughty Richie-poos. It's like he wants to broadcast, "Hey, we're gay and boning each other!"
- R464 I don't think they're clueless about the nerds' excitement over the gay dwarf-elf / Richard-Lee sexy fan-fictions /artworks. Nifty marketing if this is true.
- R462 That poster thought Lee was an A-list movie star, plus trolldar didn't exist yet in those days. Well, who could blame him?
- Sometimes a "Troll-dar" is not even nessesary to find out who wrote what.
- R446. I don't understand what I am being careless about. The movie is charming, but not because he's in it. This thread is getting abusive.
- Does anyone seriously think he's straight? I'm LOL-ing at that "2 straight guys (Jim Parsons & Lee) in The Normal Heart" thread. Jim came out not long after that but Lee's firmly in the glass closet maybe because he's getting a lot of hetero-roles and he doesn't want to lose that. Can't wait for Hobbit 2 though. He's going to be so good in it.
- R469 The thread's OP was being sarcastic. Idk about you though...
[quote]This thread is getting abusive.
Abusive? What a baby. We post at our own risk.
- Comic-con 2013...sultry god.
- Lee 2013...WOW
- R470 nah I wasn't being sarcastic, I seriously think he's gay and I'm truly looking forward to Hobbit 2. He keeps getting straight roles + commercials though so I doubt he'll come out of the closet anytime soon.
- R472 are you the owner of the FB page you keep linking to?
- [quote]He keeps getting straight roles + commercials though
Do you think Elvenking and Ronan The Accuser are straight roles?
Straight like in this commercial?
R475 do you seriously think that Legolas would have 2 fathers?
Also see: The Fall, Possession, Pushing Daisies, Breaking Dawn Part 2, Ceremony, When In Rome, Miss Pettigrew. The Fall, Pushing Daisies and Breaking Dawn are part of his films that brought him mainstream attention.
That bank ad was so blurry I could barely see what he was looking for in the bag. Whereas look at this mainstream Tiffany commercial, with him acting straight again:
- R476 I seriously think elf king is a closet case, or bisexual atleast.
[quote] Whereas look at this mainstream Tiffany commercial, with him acting straight again:
What's wrong with acting straight in commercials/movies? He's an actor.
- "Acting straight" is such homophobic phrasing. He's playing straight characters.
- He's definitely got that whole sensitive beta male role down pat though, if you look at his "famous" roles. I guess even when you're not out, they'll only cast gay actors as certain straight characters. Zachary Levi's got the same thing going on.
- [quote]He's definitely got that whole sensitive beta male role down pat though.I guess even when you're not out, they'll only cast gay actors as certain straight characters Zachary Levi's got the same thing going on
It's the soulful, sad eyes. I guess even if they were out, they'll still be getting these kind of roles, which only very few actors can exude that as naturally as them.
- [R478] What should a gay actor do? Just playing gay roles? Are you serious?
Is that what you wish gay actors?
Than we can all go back to the middleage!
Straight actors can play gay and straight and nobody is shocked. If a straight actor plays gay than he is a big artist, a great actor. If a gay actor plays straight nobody says something. It should be on the same level, an gay actor is just an actor like all other actors too and he should have the possibility to play all kind of charakters. Your sexuality should not count.
- If Pace is with Armitage, he'll so so far back in the closet that he'll be being bummed by Mr Tumnus....
You're totally right.
- This was how they first met
- Lee Pace & Luke Evans will be interviewed by Anderson Cooper in London, November 4.
- Gayer is not possible!
- Lee is definitely gay, he used to date Carter Smith. I agree with R473 though, I don't see him coming out anytime soon, unfortunately. At least he's only glass closeted, which is more than can be said about the pathetic "I am now straight" Luke Evans.
- I think Lee lives his life and that's it. He is open to the people around and he doesn't talk about privat things. Why should he? Straight actors say the same and they don't come out and said "I'm straight"! We are living in 2013, we should far away from the Coming-out-days. But unfortunately we are not. If you are not coming-out official you are a liar, stupid and so on. We should be on the same level as straights.
- [quote] I don't see him coming out anytime soon, unfortunately.
Gay gossips/stories without coming out sells movies, unfortunately.
He's definitely "hiding" in the GLASS closet NOT to make people think he's straight, but to not killing "the mystery". And it worked. Look at him now, and Luke Evans too.
- Mysterious for some idiotic fraus, maybe.
- [quote]Mysterious for some idiotic fraus, maybe.
I guess this old fag above were too butthurt to see the apostrophes there.
Elvenking Thranduil & Thorin Oakenshield extended edition. Beautiful creatures.
- Haha, 12 is a good example of what an idiotic frau or mini frau looks like.
- I hope The Hobbit 2 & 3 does well because both careers are over. Neither is getting new job offers.
- Hope Hobbit 2 & 3 does well because both careers are over.
neither has any new job offers.
- Pace is back to tv as the lead with AMC, and his NY stage shows often do very well with ticket sales, so will have more stage offers. In 2012 all three movies were in the top 5, no flop.
- R495 Or maybe they will have it post Hobbit, 'cause of versatility and are obviously getting better with age, looks/acting-wise, especially Pace, who's got all these roles because the studios/directors/producers were totally impressed by his past works.
- Are you kidding me R494/R495 Lee is going to be the main villain in a Marvel film next and he's also going to be the lead on a new TV show. He is not Hiddleston. He has versatility.
- Thanks to the gay news that has put his career to a halt for a while in his twenties, because otherwise he probably be over too early instead of climbing up like he is now.
- I hope these guys stay closeted. They should not make the same mistake Quinto did. Take cue from Kevin Spacey.
- "Why should he? Straight actors say the same and they don't come out and said "I'm straight"! We are living in 2013, we should far away from the Coming-out-days. But unfortunately we are not. If you are not coming-out official you are a liar, stupid and so on. We should be on the same level as straights."
Straight people "come out" as straight every time they talk about their love lives.
- Sorry to hear Quinto was being a dick about his fangirls. So its not Pace's or any other closeted guys' fault if people don't like Quinto. In case of which of these guys is going to channel Kevin Spacey's ego, Quinto is more likely than Pace.
- [quote]Straight people "come out" as straight every time they talk about their love lives.
Did you mean, gay people "come out" as straight every time they talk about their love lives? Having sex with women means nothing, remember?
- [quote]Having sex with women means nothing, remember?
It means a "gay" guy is at least bi.
- R500 is the coward of the day.
- I love Lee.
Richard seems ok, and he's got a smokin' hot body!
I don't know if they're still together, but I'm very interested to see the chemistry between them in part 2 of The Hobbit.
- Pictures of Lee & other cast a from the international fan event + from exclusive behind the scene footage.
- R506 Yeah, these gentlemen are very appreciative and grateful,
unlike Zachary Quinto who is out but way too proud and ungrateful he talked shit about his LGBT supportive fangirls doing nice things to boost his career as an OUT actor, that is so unfortunate. I find him quite immaturely conceited and stupid.
- What, you mean when he told the ones who write dirty stories about him and his friends (mostly Chris Pine) to get a life?
- R509 Yes, that's very stupid of him to say that. It's just fictions, from his own dear fans, not from haters.
Lee and Richard, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, and many other actors got plenty dirty stories written about them EVERYDAY but they never cursed those fans to get a life.
- He looked tired at the Hobbit fan event on Monday. Too exhausting doing post-production voice over for Ronan the Accuser perhaps. I wonder if he's under any substances. He's been open about smoking pot previously.
- R509 That's another proof that Zachary is a very clever man who doesn't need the support of sexually frustrated fraus and teenagers.
Zachary is a very clever and honest man, I respect him even mpore for not pandering to these fools.
- R512 If you "respect" such act of Zachary Quinto toward his supporters (which he feels like he doesn't them need at all), then don't get mad if nicer guys like Lee, Armitage or Luke Evans got support from their fans.
- *need them*
- [quote]Zachary is a very clever and honest man, I respect him even mpore for not pandering to these fools.
You are one of the frustrated fools that he definitely would trash, to be honest.
- Richard gave an interview in which he expressed somewhat liberal views.
Many fraus are NOT happy.
- I'm liking Richard more for that. Shame he didn't express his views on Lee though.
- It will be interesting to see if our boys show up together, or do an obvious clothing swap, at the DoS premiere.
- "Many fraus are NOT happy."
Don't get it - did they expect him to be some Tea Party wannabe Marcus Bachmann clone?
- Quinto dismissed his lunatic, illiterate fans like R513? He objects to being degraded via fan fiction? Hell, I previously had no opinion of the guy, but now I'm full of respect for him.
- R520 What would you say if the lunatic fans weren't fangirls, but gayfans?
- I saw an article on Tumblr about Richard, Lee, and Peter Jackson going to a concert together this past May.
Other than that, Lee and Richard aren't even on the same continent at the same time!
If they do any type of press events together for The Hobbit, I just might pass out.
And Mr Armitage will continue to inhabit the locked closet.
- Wouldn't it be nice to see his ass in bike shorts?
- "Wouldn't it be nice to see his ass in bike shorts?"
- This woman (sorta) ships Richard and Lee, and doesn't believe they are a real couple.
Also gives a shout out to Datalounge!
I totally agree with you.
- [R525]If you read that woman's blog she DOES believe LP & RA are RL couple....Also, she's not a straight fangurl, she's openly Bi
- Hi, as "that woman," the author of the blogpost in question, I can affirmatively state that as far as I have noticed, I have been straight my whole life. I'm not sure what I'd have said to make you think I'm bi, but I am an ally.
Also, if you read the posts in question, you'll notice that the first poster got it exactly right. I (sorta) ship Armitage + Pace, but I do not believe they are a real life couple although I cannot refute the possibility that they are.
- [R528] Can it be that than is someone here is in the wrong Forum?
- So, over two thousand posts about Pace and Armitage on this site, and no real gossip. Seems like a lot of fangirl hopefulness, and fraus wanting one (or both) to be straight.
The only thing I've learned for sure is that Lee Pace is probably gay. He broke up with Carter Smith. Lee shared a coat and some popcorn with Richard. And Richard has some seriously scary fans. Most seem like they would be manic "50 Shades of Gray" fans, too.
Can't wait to see what kind of fucked up posts the new Hobbit film will inspire.
- "Can't wait to see what kind of fucked up posts the new Hobbit film will inspire."
I hope the pony prancers don't come back
- From what little I've seen, Armitage ignores Pace wherever and whenever possible.
- R533 Not really.
"I had an incredible scene with Lee, which was very satisfying to perform, because as I said before, it’s when the dwarves get to claim what they are owed, and you don’t often get to see them that way." - Richard Armitage.
- [quote]I hope the pony prancers don't come back
- [R533] Maybe because he doesn't want that people can see it to obviously that they are a Close...
- This is beautiful
- Uh-oh, more shirt sharing!!
- brokeback misty mountain
-  LOL
- R539 - honk!
- R528 - I love your blog, btw.
- I hope he's going to be hauling his ass back to Los Angeles for tonight's premiere. There's been no pictures of him at all at the press junkets yesterday. I need new hi-res pictures of his fine self.
- Tom Daley has the balls, Pace doesn't have at 30-something.
- R544 - why does foisting details of your sex life on to strangers take "balls"?
Who gives a fuck? Apart from gay women-haters and DL-ers, of course?
- He's such a coward
- R546 Damn, are there ever one bigger problem in your own personal gay life that is more important to take care of?
- Yes, frau, closet cases in general.
- R548 If you're an adult, quit this attitude and mentality, seriously. I say this for your own good, not for Lee or his fans.
- Well, idiotic frau, we don't need your bigot advice on DL.
- Every gay person doesn't need YOUR approval/acknowledgement. Each gay person is a different individual, even if he comes out it doesn't makes him your own or "family".
- And we don't need stupid fraus advice
- If he comes out, he would still appreciates his fangirls/ fanbase, NOT you, you did nothing other than wanting him & his fans to "go die".
You still think you're doing something for the cause? Delusional.
- R543 He was/currently in Atlanta, shooting the new AMC series. This was from a fan instagram, taken in Atlanta yesterday.
- R545, sexuality is not the same as sex, you idiot at R545. He's just telling people that he happens to fall in love with guys and girls. He doesn't tell people who he fucks or what they do in bed. There's a difference.
I assume R545 didn't read about that particular thread about that Tom whatever guy, I also don't, not interested.
Still, why does telling people about your crushes take "balls"? Why do you people want Pace to do the same, why is it so important to you? You're not even a fan.
- "I assume R545 didn't read about that particular thread about that Tom whatever guy, I also don't, not interested."
Um, this is a gay gossip board, what are you even doing here?
- Sorry for not interested to read ALL topics. If not because of his fans replying, all the Lee Pace's threads (that are mostly made by non-fans)just sank because that guy doesn't generate much gossips.
- The storyline for Lee's new tv show sounds AWFUL. I'll still tune in just to support.
People just want Lee to go to the premiere so they can try and get some photos of him with Richard. And that will NEVER happen.
Besides, judging from Richard's body language at the Hobbit fan event, I'm pretty sure they've broken up.
Pace seems to have put on a few, and Armitage seems like the type of prick who would dump you if you gained three pounds.
- Richard looked a little shy in this video. I'm guessing that they were a subject of teasing on set.
- Amazing that Lee is not attending one DOS premier. Hmmmm, very strange
- R558 you're totally right. This is not fangurl central, this is a gay gossip site.
- Oh Yeah? Are there new stories in here? All I see is some DL's oldtimer batshitcrazy anti-Pace bumping this thread only to repeat the same shit that totally sound like to see the fans' reply.
- Really, R560? It looked like RA was still wearing LP's silver tiepin. Jealous much?
- It does look like the detractors here are jealous of the two being together more than the fangirls. LOL
- Hello everyone .. I read every day ..
for me Richard and Lee are together ..
The person who said that during the event Richard was strange against of Lee ..
what did you see?!? :-)
In the part where Lee talks .. you have seen like Richard looks Lee? if he's eating with her eyes .. he returned the smile!
For me they are a couple :-)
- I agree they are a couple
- [564; 565; 566] Many people here on Datalounge are really nasty, jealous and loves to lash out at people. Sometimes I have the impression they are 14 in their minds. It's sad if those people are no better humans and are not able to articulate like adults even when they are on a gossip-site. Is it so hard to discuss a subject without beeing childish?!
- Are all of you living on another planet. I agree with reply 569,
- Not with stupid fraus, You're not welcome here.
- R569 I wonder who are these people behind the childish posts, they reacted like there's something really personal going on between them and Lee. Their angers are really strange and weird.
- We don't like closeted gays, is it that hard to understand it?
- R573 Yes, it is hard to understand your personal rage on one actor you've never even met. Are you gonna spend your whole life doing this?
[quote]We don't like closeted gays, is it that hard to understand it?
If that's the case, I can't imagine how you going to live your life, because there are more of them other than Lee.
And, after he came out one day, what are you going to do with his coming out or with him? Does this actor's coming out will make your life better than it is than now?
Because whether he's going to say "I'm gay" or not, neither of us fangirls and DL gays have any chance to have him, I don't think he likes anyone with this personality that 90% people on DL have, as his soulmate.
- You don't like dl and its style, stay away. We won't miss you.
- R575 DL "style"? No, your reactions were beyond childish and lame, it's not bitchy, bitchy IS DL style, but yours is just childish, without an ounce of DL bitchiness.
- Well, we don't care about a stupid frau opinion.
- [quote]Well, we don't care about a stupid frau opinion.
Well, obviously other gay men doesn't care about your stupid, over the top rage on this actor, you are alone in this. There is no "we".
- It's easy, just turn on troll-dar. It's here for that, that's the reason why it's intalled.
- I absolutely don't like closeted cases; it's right and if you don't like it, go back to your tumblr or fangurl site.
- [R580] Same for you! If you don't like him why are you here, Mrs. Diva?
- R581 Diva WANTS him. Diva is dreaming about him night & day.
- Because this is a gay gossip site, dense frau
- [R582] You have something in common with this guy in the Hobbit - Thranduil (also a Diva)!
- Lee Pace is THE manneristic diva
- Just watched a video interview with Evangeline Lilly, where she says that Lee lived with her and her family in the spare bedroom of their house during the shooting of the movie because he didn't want to live in a hotel. Interesting.
- Only an anti-social freak would find that "interesting."
- It just seems odd he is not attending any DOS premiers? He is filming a TV series! It gets curiouser and curiouser!
- Watched the film and he only has 3 scenes in it. I wonder if he's not happy with the amount of screen time he's getting. In some interviews he seems to be implying that he's getting too little time in the first film and now this one. I'm sure they shot more scenes but cut them out (see: AUJ extended edition) and that's a real shame because Lee was amazing in the 3 scenes he's in.
- Only an anti-social freak would find that "interesting."
My, my...that's quite an extreme reaction to a rather innocuous posting. What has your panties in a bunch?
My point was just that I found it interesting that Pace did not live in a hotel, like the majority of his castmates, but chose to live with his fellow actress and her family.
Not real sure what set you off?
- All the mail actors of the hobbit lived in houses. And Lee Pace lived with Richard Armitage.
- I meant main actors, stars of the hobbit
- Well now, we really couldn't call him a main actor in the show, could we?
- "Mail" actors? What are those?
And in the interview that Evangeline Lilly and Pace give together, they both state how much fun it was for Lee to live with her and her family during filming. The interview clip is included in all the pre-publicity materials.
- Lilly said only for a while, maybe it was during the shooting when only few elf actors involved and Lee was the only one who stayed at hotel.
- R593 He's set to be in all three movies though. Other DL's so-called actors are dying for his role. And this is not some trashy movie like 50 Shades which some actors need a desperate fans petition to be in that trash.
- I'm sure Bomer was just as disgusted with them as you were.
- R594 Read post 592
What did you expect from a closet gay? I'm gay and I lived with Richard Armitage? Fraus...
- Here is a new thread, you foolish bitches.
An unexpected journey wasn't exactly a masterpiece...