All Threads by Date
Both guys want no drama in the house. But how in the hell can there NOT be drama?
Hello everyone, first I should say thanks for clicking on my post, however if you're older than 30 let me just save you the time, as we are not interested in a long term relationship with someone in that age bracket. We are really interested in finding a young 18-30 professional gay male to join us in our relationship, and possible our home.
My name is Kelvin, and I am 26yo. My partner Cody is 19yo, and we both are of Caucasian decent.
Both Cody, and I spend a lot of time at the gym, always trying to maintain a healthy figure, and we do so enjoy it. We also enjoy spending countless hours outdoors hiking, and exploring with our amazing dog Bell's. Also, we love to hangout and watch movies all night long, and play games (board games, and xbox) probably just as much as any normal person.
We love to laugh, and often search for friendships with comical ppl. We also prefer to be around real men, and by that I mean men that are capable of having feelings, and sharing them openly. You must be an honest person from the start. Kelvin has a keen sense in weeding out dishonest ppl.
Cody is still very young and thus still experiencing life away from his home so from a maturity stance he is still at times a "big kid", now having said that he is probably the most mature 19yo I've ever known, and is a very hard working goal oriented young man with all his shit together.
I myself, am Military, and tend to be the more practical one. I would suggest when it comes to relationships, that I am the one who finds it difficult to not be overly picky. I feel that if I am searching for our long term third lover, that it should be done right the first time. However, I do see the impracticality in assuming one would actually find the right guy the first time around, especially on CL but who knows right.
We both consider any drama, bad drama. So if you're into all that crap, please don't bother. Also, we are not into the club/bar scene, nor are we into to "gay" scene. We don't drink, or do drugs, and if you're interested in this kind of life you shouldn't bother emailing us.
We would prefer to find another athletic type guy, as we both are/look physically fit. We are honestly not very interested in flamboyant men, and prefer masculine, or a regular guy next door type. We are also attracted to skinny guys, so please don't feel you have to be athletically built to email us.
You must have a good heart, and at least consider yourself a giver and not a taker (not to imply we are takers)
We enjoy nerdy guys as well, so please again don't think that's a turn off, because it is actually a major turn on, same with romantics, and dreamers. Just please have a fulltime job, and able to stand on your own two feet.
I prefer to live a very peaceful quite life without any "hiccups" and the same can be said for Cody, hopefully you too are the same.
If you have taken the time to read this, I do thank you. If you wish to respond, and are interested please change the title of this post to "Interested Lover", as well please send us a pic or two of you and as much details about yourself as you wish. The more, the better!
- This is why I hate being gay.
Only in this "community," is a 30 year old ready to be put out to pasture. It's really disgusting.
There is absolutely no respect for age, or wisdom, or anything... smart. It's just all about looks and youth.
Being gay nowdays is superficiality to the 100th degree. I'm fucking done with it, and will probably die alone.
Then again, since I'm already at the ripe old age of 33, I'm pretty much dead in gay society anyway. Yippee.
- The guy who wrote it sounds like a complete tool, not to mention a total bore, which is a shame because I'm definitely into younger military masculine gym rat guys who hate drama.
Why even post pictures of the house when they're obviously just looking for a regular guy they can have threesomes with?
- Texas gays really are the worst.
To quote Ellen Ripley "Nuke the site from orbit...it's the only way to be sure."
- WTF is wrong with you people? One guy is 26 and the other is 19. Anyone over 30 would be nuts to want to join them but I can see why they want someone around their own age.
- Dustin, is that because they know they'd be put to shame by an older man with a fully developed brain and more life experience?
- But why are they living in grandma's apartment?
- "NO! Don't go in there! You don't have to die! No one has to die at 30! You could live! LIVE! Live, and grow old! I've seen it! She's seen it!"
- The 19 yo is fine with the 26 yo -a 7 year age difference. But the 26 yo can't have a 32 yo cuz he's too old.
And what ugly, nearly Appalachian décor. vomit
- Until I clicked on the link, I was certain that this *had* to be a parody post. Isn't it?
- R6 has it right, but it's grandma's basement suite, not apartment I think.
Why is there a wood screen blocking the seemingly one of the few windows in the place? This alone is suspicious -- vampires or can't even manage simple curtains???
- Love the "garden"
- The furniture is hilariously inappropriate for that kind of modern apartment space.
I love that they have such girleen tastes and then insist that interested candidates must be masculine and not "flamboyant." Gay men in Texas often just cannot see themselves clearly.
- [quote]Both Cody, and I spend a lot of time at the gym, always trying to maintain a healthy figure, and we do so enjoy it.
Oh, we do so enjoy it!
And Mamá... I am to be queen of FRAWNCE!!!
- [quote]The 19 yo is fine with the 26 yo -a 7 year age difference. But the 26 yo can't have a 32 yo cuz he's too old.
A 32 yo would probably be too old for the 19 yo.
- Their ad won't attract any grammar Nazis. Kelvin doesn't know how to spell or use commas, & their poor "amazing dog Bell's" suffers from a superfluous apostrophe.
What kind of name is Kelvin anyhow? Something "of Caucasian decent"?
- Kelvin has siblings named Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Someone answer the ad and get some pictures of these guys.
- I detest this "no drama" bullshit meme. Sure, when ordering a beer at a bar, no dramatics, please. But with a relationship, fuck, life happens and you deal with it the best that you can. Saying "no drama" is like saying, "I don't give a fuck about you. " it's childish and stupid.
- If I didn't see the pictures of the double-chinned skinny fat guy and roofie'd child with nipple disfigurement, I'd think this was a professionally staged condo in Indianapolis!
- This will either end with the 19 year old aging out and being given the boot by his "daddy," or by the two younguns deciding dad is too much of a control freak, and skipping town with his credit card. Neither option is pretty.
- r12 good point
- Is there a frog in the backyard?
- Why do they both have thorns growing out of their nipples?
- [quote]Both Cody, and I spend a lot of time at the gym, always trying to maintain a healthy figure...
Cross your heart?
- These professional gay males are amazing. How can they always be so professional!?
- I'm guessing the furniture, like the apartment, came from grandma. But yes, nothing says manly like living off of grandma.
- R7, = Logan 5 Identify.
- [quote]My partner Cody is 19yo, and we both are of Caucasian decent.
[quote]I prefer to live a very peaceful quite life without any "hiccups"
- R18, the last two pictures in the ads are (presumably) of the two young dudes.
- Wow where do I start? I have not seen bad taste like that since, well never. I don't think its grandmas place, she would not shove a couch in front of a fire place and aim it at the kitchen.
Then there is that lovely light bright owl on the table, you guys are jealous you don't have one of your own.
I guess all that time crusing at Home Depot has not scored them that fee episode on Backyard Crashers.
I have not always live in nice places, but if I had to live like that back when I was that age I hope a friend would help me seek gay counseling.
The odd part is, they think that place is enticing.
- I hate drama like the next guy. I have had enough of it in life that I avoid it as much as I can. But these queens that always say that they want to live some life drama free are delusional. Life dose not work like that.
What they are really saying is we are debutantes looking to continue our charmed life.
Good luck with that.
- [quote]Also, we are not into the club/bar scene, nor are we into to "gay" scene. We don't drink, or do drugs,..
That is why we hang our dreams on a post on Craig's List.
- My guess is that Kelvin is a domineering asshole, and would worry that an older man might be smart enough to be a threat to his authority.
- Those trolls are cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.
- Why is the guy with the double chin flexing without any muscle? A mirror and a cam and still cant see that?
- R31 Oh, since no one at the time of my post(I don't think) commented on their looks, I assumed that there weren't pics of them. Oops.
- Outside of this thread, who the hell would read all that? Are you kidding?
- Y'all, someone should reply to it. You know, for shits and giggles and post their response. I would, but I'm way too mature.
- Lame, full of holes.
No one under 30 writes in this language.
No one only 19 has a "partner".
Absolute and utter fail.
).000000000000002 out of 10.
- Follow the link, it's real. And those are some real ugly ass photos.
- A first I thought it was just really funny, what with the bad furniture and all, but actually they're depressingly sad.
- Oh give them a break. They're kids. You were an insufferable prick when you were that age too.
In fact, since you're a Datalounger, you probably still are.
- R45 seems to know a lot about insufferable pricks.
- The only people who say "no drama" are the drama queens who're too self-absorbed to realize that they're the common demonstrator when it comes to drama popping up.
- Isn't "no drama" a HUGE red flag? It's like saying "WE LOVE DRAMA"
- Adding a third person to a relationship is a surefire way to avoid drama.
And why do they want to add a third anyway? Do they need a sexual mentor?
- "Adding a third person to a relationship is a surefire way to avoid drama."
Haha, excellent point, r50
- Oh crap the crystal on my hand started flashing!!
- "Only in this "community," is a 30 year old ready to be put out to pasture. It's really disgusting."
I am a mature man who is not interested in relationships with men much younger than myself. I'm certainly not going to condemn a 19 or 26 year old for not being interested in someone much older than the 19 year old.
It isn't ageism, it's about compatibility and life stage, and there's nothing sexist about it.
Nor would I criticize even a 26 year old for not wanting someone over 30. That's a personal choice in what one wants from a partner.
Finally, as a 50 something gay man who has been around gay social life for the last quarter century, let me assure you that I have never felt like I was put out to pasture by the community as a whole. I simply accept the fact that not everyone is sexually or romantically interested in everyone else (I'm certainly not, are you?), and not being sexually or romantically interested in a particular age range (or type, or even ethnicity) or being solely interested in a particular age range (or type, or even ethnicity) is not a form of oppression, it is merely a form of personal preference when it comes to something quite different than employment, rights, or respect - attraction.
- message got nuked :(
- [quote]Kelvin has siblings named Celsius and Fahrenheit.
You're forgetting Celsius's twin, Centigrade.
- Bitches, when linking to CL ads, grab the pictures and upload them to imgur or another pic host so those of us too slow don't miss em. Thx bai.
- My guess is that crapola early 80s Wickes furniture is hand-me-down stuff from one of their grandmas or mothers. It's hard to imagine anyone would purposefully buy a matched set that looked so inappropriate with that space.
- Aww. I missed the photos!
- Was it nuked because they got wind of this post?
- Who flagged the ad????
- [quote]There is absolutely no respect for age, or wisdom, or anything... smart. It's just all about looks and youth.
Try being a straight woman over 40.
I'm a gay man, but truly, I think its just as bad for woman of a certain age.
- It is Austin. It is a fucked up place where crappy goodwill furniture is "hipster cool."
- Older guys trying to get with younger guys and complaining about how they are superficial and shallow because they aren't interested in them perfectly sums up DL hypocrisy. Maybe if said older guys weren't so shallow and superficial and actually dated guys in their own age range they wouldn't be facing as much rejection. ;)
- Ding ding ding! A prize for R64 stating the obvious that some just refuse to see.
A 30 year old trying to get in a threesome with a 19 year old is kind of skeevy. A 30 year old trying to get into a long term threesome relationship with a 19 year old is an idiot.
- R65--Would you feel the same way about a 35-year-old with a 46-year old?
- R66, no. Someone under 20 is different. I was in a relationship with a 40 year old when I was 24.
- Thank you for being abusive, and rude to my post. In no way did I direct anything negative towards anyone, and my specifications were based of what my personal relationship desires. O, and that furniture cost 30,000.00 and is hand carved solid mahogany. The bitch Jessica Morgan that decided to put this on this Hate site, had no permission, nor was she respectful in anyway. If anyone would like to offer me her home address, I would pay very well?
- OP = Mrs Patrick Campbell
- [quote]O, and that furniture cost 30,000.00 and is hand carved solid mahogany.
It looks like crap all the same, and does not go at all with that modern apt. building.
Maybe you should have spent that $30K on a good taste transplant instead.
- Kelvin, you actually think that Craigslist sex posting deserve respectful treatment?
Man, that tells us a lot.
- [quote]I myself, am Military
Well bless your heart, Kelvin.
- It wasn't meant to go on men4men. That was a mistake, however who are you to judge? This site seems to just be full of hateful, judgmental, lonely old men/woman. You should have some respect for other peoples lives, and not push your hateful opinions on them. In addition you should have a little more respect, as I'm a 2 purple heart, and bronze star recipient, that is now 100% disabled. I sacrificed a lot so you could send me hate mail for no reason, Thanks. BTW its a House, and I'm working on the backyard those are picks from when we first moved in. Again thanks for the Hate!
- Kelvin? Learn to spell, mmmkay?
You look pathetic.
- Dammit, the ad's already down? I miss everything.
- Who is Jennifer Morgan?
- [quote]Dustin, is that because they know they'd be put to shame by an older man with a fully developed brain and more life experience?
I'm sure they'd love to hear an old man tell them that everything they enjoy is stupid and that the world stopped producing anything of interest in the year 1975.
- [quote]I sacrificed a lot so you could send me hate mail for no reason, Thanks.
No one "sent" you any "hate mail." (or if someone did, it was one isolated person on this forum--not the rest of us.)
You published a sex ad on the most public site in America (i.e. craigslist) and posted pictures SPECIFICALLY so scores of other people out there could, yes, judge your place and your looks. And we responded on our forum. We (or at least most of us) did not send anything to you personally.
You need to learn the exact same lesson as Anthony Weiner needs to learn: if you're going to post embarrassing pictures and text out on the Internet, and ask other people to judge you (which is EXACTLY what you are doing when you post a sex ad like that), then indeed people will find it and will judge it accordingly.
- Been facebook stalking, there sure is some cute Kelvin's in Austin, and yeah it's totally understandable that you don't want a guy over 30,
Though when I was 19 my boyfriend was 34.
Now that I am 30, I couldn't imagine dating someone much younger than myself. It all comes down to personal preference.
All the best to you.
No hate, just love.
( and regarding the bitchy queens that need to be rude to others, because they have been marginalised in society, just feel sorry for them, that they can't even see what they are doing)
- R78, there is hate in this forum and just because someone puts themselves out there, doesn't mean they deserve to be judged in such a negative way, your probably the gay, that reads perez Hilton every day, and goes to the bars, always looking over your shoulder waiting for someone better to walk in the door.
- I do neither of those things, r80. You have demonstrated you know nothing about me.
- [quote]...puts themselves out there, doesn't mean they deserve to be judged in such a negative way, your probably the gay, that reads perez Hilton every day, and goes to the bars, always...
Oh, dear, oh, dear, oh, dear.
- R81 I was using it as an analogy, because you are saying that if someone puts themselves out there they deserve to be judged and I think that is wrong.
And I assume if your a person that think that this is okay, then you probably have no problem judging others.
- Didn't get to see the ad before it was nuked, but was it really posted in the Housing category? Wtf?!?
- Whatever age you are, if you advertise yourself as wanting "no drama" that, in itself, is asking for drama. Because, of course, three people living together will never, ever produce more drama.
- WHET that trust fund old guy Kirker from Austin who used to post? I wonder if he tried to pass for 29 and responded to their ad?
- Kelvin, the older Military one, is supposedly 100 percent disabled, but does not put that in the ad.
Seems like a pretty major omission. One that could cause drama.
- [quote]if someone puts themselves out there they deserve to be judged and I think that is wrong.
That's not the case here.
This is a situation that is about nothing but judging.
Two people are looking for a third to set up a threesome live-in sexual relationship.
It's ALL about judging. The two are not going to take the fist to respond. They're going to judge who is worthy of joining their cozy household to create a threesome.
The viewers of the ad will judge if these two are worth joining to establish a threesome relationship.
If you can't stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.
- You know, people on this thread have judged the hell out of their grammar, their décor, their age issues, and defensiveness... but the polyamory has barely been remarked upon.
That's why I like this place.
- Look ya'll can say what ever ya'll please about it. I am sure they are happy with their decisions and how they go about things. It Is their lives not yours. For whom ever took the add and put it on here, I feel really sorry for you. You apparently hate your life so much that you have to butt into other's and find ever rude disgusting and fowl thing to say so you can feel a little better about the pathetic life your living. as far as the furniture goes. I did some research and you may say its grandma's stuff, but it alone would cost more than a $12,000 car. with the age thing they probably don't mind 30 year olds maybe they want someone who can work at life and push on with them, not someone who has already been through it. almost every single one of the people who have commented are sick in the head. ya'll are the reason kids grow up killing people the reason there is so much bullying in society.
- R90=Craigslist guys
- Sorry, but the 'no over 30' thing is bullshit, particularly since the 26 year old is trolling for 18 year olds in the ad. And is living with a 19 year old he describes as being a kid.
- Can someone let us know if Kelvin is really disabled? That would be a hilarious turn of events in this already quite amusing fiasco.
- R90 needs to learn about troll-dar.
- R90: "find ever rude disgusting and fowl thing to say"
That's just chicken.
- The ad is still up on my computer. Not deleted.
- Here is the backyard.
- Living room
- Kelvin is full of shit about the 2 Purple Hearts and Bronze Star (and there's no way he's 100% disabled, still in the military, and not committing fraud if he's doing extensive renovations on a shitty house).
- TV room
- Old guy
- Young guy
- We rent a similar house (furnished) from an old couple. It took me a long time to get used to it. Now I like it because it's spacious and we decorated it nicely I don't even see the old furniture anymore.
Life isn't always what you want, it's what you get.
- How did they find out the ad was posted here?
- Finally, R105 asks the real question.
- They're Caucasian indecent.
- They lost me at "We don't drink" and the horrible ugly tattoo on the chest, and the small tv, and the uncared for lawn in the backyard, and I could go on.
- Constructive criticism - you need a rug, guys. Preferably an antique one. It would separate the old-world furniture from its modern surroundings.
- Bless you, r97!
[quote]How did they find out the ad was posted here?
And bless your heart, dear
- [quote]Who ratted???
Probably that Jessica Morgan chick. Where else would they get a name if not from the email or signature of the person that sent them a note with a link to our site, which Kelvin, not too DL savvy himself, probably mistook for that person actually being the one who started this thread.
- You can't collect disability if you are active duty or reserve. You can't get rated at the VA until you separate from the military. Anyway, what does that have to do with furniture?
- I love how they add that they "have a house", as if they're hoping to snag some poor homeless gay youth.
That older guy is not 26! And he's gross. The younger guy screams 'mess' with that hideous tattoo.
- R99, you KNOW Kelvin is committing fraud! He's completely lying about his status.
Listing this in the 'housing' section is incredibly creepy.
- [quote]For whom ever took the add and put it on here, I feel really sorry for you. You apparently hate your life so much that you have to butt into other's and find ever rude disgusting and fowl thing to say so you can feel a little better about the pathetic life your living.
Whichever branch of the military accepted Kelvin when he enlisted must not have required candidates to pass a literacy test. But I shouldn't judge him, he's probably a product of the Texas public schools, bless his heart.
- Popping in with a few thoughts:
1) A 26-year-old living with a 19-year-old isn't *that* unusual in Austin, keeping in mind the fact that the gay population here skews young because there are over 100,000 college kids in the area (not to mention military guys, who also skew young). I know of at least one couple that considered themselves partnered at 19 and 33, respectively (and yes, they started dating when the 19-year-old was 17, though I'm sure you cunts will rip the idea to shreds - never mind that "Queer as Folk" was basically about the same thing). What *is* a problem here -- a substantial one -- is that they're not only already bored enough with their sex lives that they're seeking fun with a third, but also want that third person to LIVE WITH THEM. Now *that* is fucked-up no matter which way you slice it.
2) Per the location map R100-R102 posted in his various pics, that ain't exactly a ritzy area of town. It's not a slum or anything, mind you, but it's very suburban (and boring).
3) If the 26-year-old is military, he has a looooooooong commute. Fort Hood is in Killeen, a good 90-minute drive (and that's without traffic jams) from their house. Maybe the "third" is supposed to keep the 19-year-old occupied while Daddy's at work?
Finally, I find it hard to believe they can find anyone in their desired 18-30 age bracket who is drama-free *and* willing to enter into this bizarre "long-term threesome."
- kirker= cunt calling the kettle black.
Fuck you. An older man chasing some 17 year old is gross. Grow up.
- [quote]Finally, I find it hard to believe they can find anyone in their desired 18-30 age bracket who is drama-free *and* willing to enter into this bizarre "long-term threesome."
Puh-leeze, they want drama. As others have said you always know who the biggest drama queens are because they are the first ones to complain about "drama" and how they "don't like drama".
Normal well-adjusted people just live their lives like normal people somehow manage to avoid silly unnecessary histrionics because they aren't borderline.
[quote]I know of at least one couple that considered themselves partnered at 19 and 33, respectively (and yes, they started dating when the 19-year-old was 17, though I'm sure you cunts will rip the idea to shreds - never mind that "Queer as Folk" was basically about the same thing
Because no self-respecting 31 year old should ever be okay with themselves for getting involved with a freaking highschooler. It is pathetic.
- I'm gonna say the same thing I said in that thread about the guy having an affair with a married guy whose wife wanted all three of them to get together:
To the potential craigslist-answering twink:
No matter which way you spin it, you will always be number 2 for either one of them in that concoction of a relationship (number 3 if they are selfish pricks, which they kind of are).
I used to participate in threesomes, strictly for sex and when looking to get MY rocks off, not to serve as a couple's play/sex toy (if that was a by-product then OK). I'm no longer into it as much(used to love the performing aspect, now I hate having to perform - things lose their novelty).
Also, to this day I laugh when someone in a relationship says their partner 'won't mind' our playing around - so sure are they that I will agree if I know their partner won't mind.
I just say, "yeah but I do."
This is not because of any monogamous pretense morality, but just because I don't like being the odd man out. A few real-time experiences with that concept can cure you of it.
The best group sex scenario for a single guy is with other singles. Those in a relationship who want group thrills should hook up with other couples. It's the only way to guarantee no one is left feeling used.
If you don't want to end up out the door with your clothes in the front lawn, skip the ad.
- R119 sounds like a real winner.
- He just sounds honest R120.