All Threads by Date
Weiner drops to 4th in new Quinnipiac NYC Mayor poll
July 29, 2013
[quote]Weiner Should Drop Out, NYC Likely Dem Voters Tell Quinnipiac University Poll; Quinn Leads, With De Blasio, Thompson Tied For Second
Quinn - 27%
De Blasio - 21%
Thompson - 20%
Weiner - 16%
Congressman Anthony Weiner drops to fourth place among likely Democratic primary voters in the race for New York City mayor as these likely voters say 53 - 40 percent he should drop out, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.
There is almost no gender gap, but a wide racial gap on this question: Women say 54 - 42 percent that Weiner should drop out, compared to men at 52 - 37 percent. But black voters say 53 - 42 percent that Weiner should stay in the race, while white voters say 64 - 25 percent he should get out.
Weiner gets 16 percent of likely Democratic primary voters today, compared to his first- place position with 26 percent in a July 24 survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe- ack) University.
City Council Speaker Christine Quinn leads the Democratic pack with 27 percent, with 21 percent for Public Advocate Bill de Blasio, 20 percent for former Comptroller William Thompson, 6 percent for Comptroller John Liu and 2 percent for former Council member Sal Albanese, the poll finds. Seven percent of likely Democratic primary voters remain undecided.
If Weiner drops out, Quinn gets 30 percent, with 25 percent each for Thompson and de Blasio and 9 percent for Liu.
"With six weeks to go, anything can happen, but it looks like former Congressman Anthony Weiner may have sexted himself right out of the race for New York City mayor," said Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.
"And with Wiener in free-fall, it begins to look like a three-way race again."
A July 24 Quinnipiac University poll showed Quinn at 30 percent if Weiner drops out, with 26 percent for Thompson and 21 percent for de Blasio.
In today's survey, Weiner gets 24 percent of black Democratic likely primary voters, down from 31 percent last week. Thompson gets 22 percent, with 21 percent for Quinn and 16 percent for de Blasio. Weiner's support among white voters drops from 23 percent last week to 7 percent today.
Having a "strong personal moral character" doesn't describe Weiner at all, 38 percent of New York City likely Democratic primary voters say, compared to 26 percent who said "not at all" last week. A total of 14 percent say having moral character characterizes Weiner a great deal or a good amount, compared to 17 percent last week.
Weiner's behavior is a legitimate issue in the mayoral campaign, voters say 65 - 34 percent.
This behavior disqualifies him from consideration as a candidate, 40 percent of voters say, compared to 23 percent last week. Another 40 percent say this behavior is a factor, but doesn't disqualify him and 20 percent say it is not a factor at all.
Thompson leads Quinn 50 - 40 percent in a Democratic primary runoff. He leads 53 - 41 percent among men, 49 - 40 percent among women, 49 - 40 percent among white voters and 58 - 33 percent among black voters.
Based on results of last week's poll, de Blasio was not included in a runoff question.
"Don't bet your paycheck. This is a really goofy election year," Carroll said.
"Lots of potential voters have been staying home in primaries and this poll evaluates those who are likely to turn up September 10. This is our second survey of these likely Democratic primary voters, a more nuanced look than earlier surveys of all registered voters."
From July 24 - 28, Quinnipiac University surveyed 446 likely Democratic primary voters with a margin of error of +/- 4.6 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.
- de Blasio surging! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
- OP, the correct headline is:
Weiner Goes Limp!
- Weiner unites New Yorkers, everyone is against him!
- I am embarrassed to admit it...I am fascinated with him. I'm enjoying his downfall, but at the same time I'm starting find him sexy.
- I warn you, you people do not want me with a bunch of spare time and a rejected dick on my hands.
- Just tweet him, r4, he'll send you a picture of his cock.
- I like all the responses in this thread but I just had to WW r2, r3 and r5. Get him boys!
- Di Blasio is a viable Dem candidate--please consider him--and also, Castamaditis (sp?) for the Repubs. Read up on their stances on the issues--and think for yourselves! We can elect somebody good--NOT Weiner or Quinn!
- Now if we could only get rid of Liu's 9%. (He is surrounded by too many crooks.) And give that 9% to DiBlasio, who is trying hard to up his ante. Goodbye to the Weiner. It's now just a matter of time until he's history and trying to get a job at MacDonald's.
- Quinn hasn't surged as much as she probably expected from Wiener's scandal.
Once people start to get past the novelty of Quinn and dig even a little bit deeper they'll see that she's nothing but a chiseler!
(there's just something about her that makes me talk like she's running against LaGuardia).
- Stick a fork in that shameless lunatic.
- Weiner needs to drop out and encourage his supporters to vote for De Blasio. Liu is going to hang on as long as possible, then he will probably throw his support behind Quinn, since he's a back street player just like her. Well, even worse than her. Even if that were to happen, Weiner's 16% would put De Blasio in a tie with Quinn. Hot damn!
- We all need to get behind Quinn. It would be wonderful for gays everywhere to have a lesbian mayor of the most important city in the world.
- Anthony Weiner has always been a supporter of gay rights, why are you abandoning him now?
- [quote]why are you abandoning him now?
Um, maybe because he's delusional, disgraced, shameless, a liar, and utterly lacking in self-control?
- What's the novelty of Quinn? Her being a dyke? The masses don't give a shit about that. They're not going to look behind that when they weren't looking at that to begin with.
- "why are you abandoning him now?"
Only on DL is sending pics of your junk a legitimate canvassing device
- Well, I'm getting bitch slapped all over the place. I'm not voting for Christine Quinn just because she is "gay". You do realize that all "gay" people in New York are not rich and fabulous? I need affordable housing. If 3/4 of my salary is going towards housing it makes eating, having electricity and riding the subway pretty much luxuries. The people she is REALLY interested in representing do not worry about such things. As for abandoning Anthony Weiner, he has done this to himself. No pun intended. TWICE. He got a second chance. And he blew it on a marginally attractive, wannabe fame whore who played him like a fiddle. She knew that engaging in mutual sexting with this idiot, and going public, was her ticket to fame. Never mind the school marmy scolding. I'm not about that. He just has an appalling lack of common sense and self preservation.
- Quinn is a cunt. She doesn't deserve to be mayor just because she eats pussy.
- I can't wait until he disappears entirely from public life. I am sick and tired of seeing his hideously fugly face on the news.
- It's predictable.
[italic]Suggestion:[/italic] Take a guess as to the date Anthony Weiner announces he is officially dropping out of the race.
- We need to stand behind our gay brothers and sisters. It's the only way we'll ever get true equality. Don't you want a gay person as mayor of NYC? The only way we get true equality is by attaining positions of power.
Everyone of you in NYC had better vote for Quinn. You owe it to the rest of us.
- When is the election for dog catcher?
- [quote]Everyone of you in NYC had better vote for Quinn. You owe it to the rest of us.
Quinn is a pathetic shill for the ultra rich. She does not care about real New Yorkers, and she should not get elected due to identity politics when her other politics are so deplorable. Identity politics are often a smoke screen; look behind the curtain.
- Weiner thinks that he's above it all, and can get away with being a pervert. If he wasn't so arrogant and stickup on himself, he wouldn't be so disliked.
- [quote]We all need to get behind Quinn. It would be wonderful for gays everywhere to have a lesbian mayor of the most important city in the world.
Policies from Christine Quinn would be of no concern to you?
- Tonight, Joy Behar is kissing Christine Quinn's ass on Current TV.
- I love him. I have forgiven him. And I want to be first lady of Nwe York City.
Huma standing by her man
- R28. Huma, you can just forget it all. And go back to work for Hillary, if she's still speaking to you and dickwad.
- According to CNN, the Clintons are furious with Weiner.
- The ugliest thing to me is hiding behind the wife and then throwing her to the wolves. I know she's a grown ass woman and chose to go out and campaign with him, but I can't help but think that he still lied to her about the nature of the sexting between him and the latest Bimbo Eruption looking for her five minutes. She said they were making plans to hook up in Chicago. He was planning on making his frat boy fantasy realz. He can't possibly love his wife. She was part of a well laid out plan to foster his political ambitions. That is so fucking sad.
- Where was the outrage when Guiliani was having an affair while mayor of New York?
- R31, perhaps that is why the Clintons are angry with Weiner. They feel he was using Huma Abedin.
I think Dee Dee Meyers also ripped Weiner a new one today. She used to be press secretary to Hillary.
- Weiner is a unique case, as he left graphic texts and photos. Because Guiliani, Clinton and (alas) Vitter did not, they were able to weather the various levels of outrage.
Monicas' blue dress doesn't get the same level of screeching as a photo of a politicians hard cock.
- I wish Bloomberg could run again. We really don't need a Dem running this City into the ground. Taxes are already ridiculously high and a Dem is going to cave to the unions and other entrenched interest groups.
- Well, of course Bloomberg could run again. He broke the term limit once, why not do a Weiner and do it a second time. I don't think Mr. Quinn would lie down and back him this time though.
- I wish Giuliani had dick pics out there too!
- I thought weeks ago that it would be DeBlasio and Quinn in a run off. Bill DeBlasio will pull it out very narrowly.
- De Blasio is the one getting the bump in the polls. Not Quinn. That has to be making her nervous. Shell shocked supporters of the weinie waver are going over to De Blasio. That is good news.
- What are the bookmakers' odds that he drops out?
- The kid will enjoy reading about this when he gets older.
- Weiner is what my father would call a 'real Jew.'
Weiner has such balls to have everyone put up with this shit just so he can get what he wants--while pissing everybody off and driving everyone crazy in the process. And with seemingly no shame doing it.
- I was going to vote for him, but then I saw his Twitter photographs and realized his penis is too small.
- His ego is so unbelievably massive that I bet he won't drop out. But he will take a huge drubbing in the vote, coming in at third or fourth, and that will be the end of his political career forever. Good riddance.
Huma Abedin will probably eventually (quietly) divorce him and reinvent herself (she's eager for her own political career to continue, and will not want to be weighted down by him as she will forever be if she stays with him after these latest revelations), but whether she will be forever tainted by this is hard to say.
- [quote]Monicas' blue dress doesn't get the same level of screeching as a photo of a politicians hard cock.
Perhaps you've forgotten that it led to an impeachment.
- [quote]Perhaps you've forgotten that it led to an impeachment.
Perhaps you've forgotten he was acquitted of the House impeachment by the US Senate, and then finished his term of office with the highest end-of-office popularity ratings of any sitting US president since WWII.
- I hope he goes down in flames! Stay in and get humiliated like his wife. That's the only way to deflate his planet-sized ego.
From what I read, I think the clintons are angry with Huma too. They don't like the comparisons.
- Sounds like the media are trying to use this to hurt Hillary's chances in 2016. I don't know why they think it's Hillary's fault that Weiner messed around, but Piers Morgan is going to do a panel on it on CNN tomorrow night.
- Weiner has a pretty, juicy cock that would leave you hypnotized in person. I love staring at it, but I have yet to masturbate to the image.
- I wish Huma would leave his ass. Would serve him right!
- [quote]Weiner has a pretty, juicy cock that would leave you hypnotized in person. I love staring at it, but I have yet to masturbate to the image.
- In a runoff, De Blasio or Thompson can win!
- [quote]why are you abandoning him now?
Because, he's a pervert?
- Weiner must have been a huge fan of There's Something About Mary.
- Quinn reminds me of so many pugnacious nuns I had to face in catholic school. Smiling sweetly to the priest and the parents and treating us like dirt when no one else was around.
Stand up! NOW!
Tuck your shirt in, where's your homework? GET IT OUT NOW. I said get.your.homework.out.NOW! Sit down! Stand up again! I want you to sit down and stand up silently, in one movement. DO IT! Do it again! Do it until you get it right! Stand UP! Sit DOWN!
Look at this homework! It looks like the scrawlings of a lunatic! Sit down and rewrite your homework in neat penmanship with no scratch outs. Sit DOWN!
- I refuse to vote for Quinn. All the endless boundary stating will be a huge pain in the ass. Nutloaf kiosks on every corner. Not to mention that the entire city will shut down during August while she lezzes it up with her sapphic systers for MichFest. If you thought Bloomberg was bad, wait'll you get a load of the cunt that said she wouldn't overturn term limits.
- Thompson can't win. Whites won't vote for him because of the disaster that was David Dinkins. Another black democrat won't be mayor until at least 50 years after Dinkins left office.
- Does Weiner have facial wasting? Sure looks like it to me.
- The prez of NOW criticized Weiner for using his office to groom young women.
He's so ugly, the only way he could successfully troll for sex was as a politician.
It's why some guys wanna be rock stars. He got into politics for the pussy.
- Nothing more depressing than a dropping Weiner.
- I'll take Thompson over Delblasio any day. He and his "ex-gay" wife can go jump in the east river.
- R61, what is your deal? You push this relentlessly. de Blasio's wife is not an "ex-gay." She didn't go through so-called reparative therapy or conversion therapy. She was in relationships with women but ended up marrying and having a family with a man. She doesn't describe herself as an "ex-gay."
I'll repeat my question: Do you hate her because she's a black woman?
- Weiner should just drop out of the race period.