- Not to derail the thread, but he does look a lot like Henry Cavill in that pic.
- A little. But JEH was just pure perfection.
- I agree. There was the whole closeted aspect to him that made him even more appealing. The pretty ones never escape.
- He looked nothing like Cavill. What a pathetic excuse to hijack the thread by dripping a stan's Cavill saliva all over it.
- Beautiful and tragic--an irresistible combination. And this DL Cavill fixation is getting tiresome.
- Come again, R4? The froth got in your way.
- He was really fucking handsome and had a nice and deep voice to boot.
He always reminded me of someone from the golden age of cinema, like Rock Hudson. His masculinity was balanced with his looks just perfectly and that was a hell of a refreshing thing back in the 1980's.
- He really was perfect. I watched The Making of a Male Model recently. The most beautiful male model working today is Simon Nessman. He looks like a child compared to Hexum.
- He was so good-looking that it almost hurts to look at him.
- From his Wikipedia profile:
[quote]While working as an apartment cleaner, he met Bob LeMond of LeMond/Zetter Management and the manager of John Travolta. LeMond saw great potential in Hexum.
I think I can imagine how that worked out.
- The voice, the eyes, the hair, the body, the lips, the smile...the clearly don't make 'em like that anymore.
- It's a bold claim. I was skeptical. But upon examination of the available evidence, OP may be correct. I'd need to see a picture of his erect penis to sign off completely.
- But as I remember, he wasn't a very successful male model, was he? Something about him being too big for runway.
- [quote]Beautiful and tragic--an irresistible combination. And this DL Cavill fixation is getting tiresome.
But don't you ever wonder what kinds of projects Jon Erik Hexum and Heath Ledger might have done together?
The Voice of the Night
- Here he is on Merv just weeks before his death.
What does Merv mean by "Well, he's not coming out on my stage?" (0:40)
The girlish giggle is so unexpected.
- I've never been turned on by Hexum which is odd since he is exactly my type and he is certainly gorgeous.
- Hexum was wonderful but Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) is about the best looking human being I have ever seen in person.
- Maybe it's subconscious guilt because you know he died such a tragic, untimely death, R16.
- The Sorbs and JEH have similar upper bodies, hirsuitness, eye color and deep voices. JEH sort of looked like a much hotter version of Tate Donovan.
- Is Sorbo anti-gay?
- Oh yes, he was absolutely gorgeous and that voice. I recall that back then it was Hexum, Greg Evigan, Peter Barton, John Schneider and John J. York were all the rage on television.
- No R8--I remember him when he was alive. He should have been an obsession of mine but it just didn't happen.
- By the way, Sorbo's a very nice guy.
And seeing him in person was an awe-inspiring event and taught me something:
that the best looking man is superior and more beautiful than a flock of beautiful women.
Women cannot hold a candle to great-looking guys.
A beautiful man has the bone structure and charisma that no woman can attain.
So ladies, if you feel bad about your appearance, cheer up.
No woman is that beautiful, and you are not that different from all women.
- [quote]But don't you ever wonder what kinds of projects Jon Erik Hexum and Heath Ledger might have done together?
Hexum was born in 1957
Ledger was born in 1979
Maybe a Kramer vs. Kramer remake?
- He really was beautiful
- Those lips, those eyes, those thighs, it's the Tender Trap!
- I wonder what Hexum's career would have been like had he lived; the poor man was only 26 when he died. It's possible he could have transitioned into movies. You may laugh at this, but I could totally see him in the Bruce Willis role in 'Die Hard.'
- [quoteA beautiful man has the bone structure and charisma that no woman can attain.
You wouldn't happen to be gay, would you?
- He would have been an absolute FOX as a middle-aged man.
- [quote] that the best looking man is superior and more beautiful than a flock of beautiful women.
Said no straight man, ever.
- If you watch the interview at R15 you'll see there's not much behind the beauty. Dull. At one point, talking about why he is not spending his new money he says "You never know what might happen."
- Okay then,
look at the photos provided by the above posters and then tell me which so-called beautiful woman can compete with these photos.
- He had a "thing" about him that made him stand out amongst the regular beefcake that era was churning out. He had that genuine farmboy quality that wasn't a put-on. He was very beautiful in his own right, but he wasn't perfection. He was one of those rare specimens that when everything is all put together he was beautiful, but when you really looked at his face, it was quite nondescript and ordinary. Intriguing.
That said, he was one of my regular childhood jerk-off fantasies.
- There is no female equivalent to Kevin Sorbo.
All so-called beautiful women are using make up tricks and or have had plastic surgery.
In nature, the male animal is always the more attractive. Same with humans.
We've really lost it as a species by putting so much emphasis on female beauty when it's a lie.
- And for the foot fetishists, you can see Hexum's bare soles at the end of this clip (around 5:27):
- Lynda Carter in her day was THE beauty equivalent to the Hexums and the Sorbos, etc. She was female perfection.
- I suspect R35 might be biased.
- [quote] look at the photos provided by the above posters and then tell me which so-called beautiful woman can compete with these photos. Name one.
Said the gay guy!
Get a fucking clue. Your perspective is skewed by your sexual orientation. Don't present it as fact.
- Merv was clearly creaming his shorts in that clip where he's interviewing Hexum
- Damn, I can't find a bigger version of this pic:
- Embeded pic of Lynda in her heyday
- I remember seeing a very famous, reclusive model in person, and it was indeed shocking.
I grew up thinking that this was the most beautiful woman in the world.
But what was shocking is not that she as unattractive--it was that her signature look was all a result of makeup trickery.
- Now THAT's how I like my men ... before manscaping and waxing became a regular part of a man's grooming:
- Is it me or does Colton Haynes bare some resemblance to Hexum?
- Slightly, R45.
- He was so hot...but god damn he was dumber than a box of rocks. And his death is exhibit A.
- I suspect he was princess tinymeat.
- Maybe he knew that the blank in the gun would kill him if he fired close enough. Maybe he had a secret life. Maybe someone was blackmailing him. Or maybe it was a stupid mistake. I mean he did it in front of people on his set with a prop.
He was at the peak of his popularity. Women like Joan Collins were salivating over him. It was completely unexplainable.
After his death, a rather plain girl surfaced saying she was his girlfriend or fiancé A friend of mine in med school watched them harvest his organs at the hospital. They did it all at once. Basically, took everything except his physical beauty. Didn't his heart go to a pimp from Oakland or something?
- ABC wanted him to play the role of Dex Dexter on DYNASTY, but producers chose not to because he was Joan Collins' boyfriend at the time.
OMG, r49 - really? A pimp?!
- Wasn't E.G. Daily his girlfriend? He was out of her league cosmetically, but at least it shows he had a good heart.
- R33 Candice Bergen could back in the day. I also agree with R37.
Jon Erick was masculine perfection at its finest.
- From Find A Death: "With his mother's permission, Jon-Erik was flown to San Francisco, still on life support, and his heart was transplanted into the body of a dying 36-year-old Las Vegas escort service owner. This took place in the Pacific Medical Center. They also took his kidneys and corneas. The kidneys were sent to the Southern California Transplant Bank, in LA. The corneas went to a 66-year-old man with cataracts."
- r36 Bless you. Yep, gone too soon for sure. His looks were almost "real", as opposed to the standard beauty boys. Can you blame Joan Collins for going gaga?
- He had bad breath.
- Or their managers arranged a PR relationship, r51.
- r32, only gay men find that dull. Straight guys would totally admire that.
- I saw John Schneider in person in 2012, spoke to him for a minute...I have never in my life seen anyone that beautiful. Huge, unreal body, solid, healthy, crystal blue eyes, sweet smile, thick blond curly hair...he was a DREAM.
- Hexum was gorgeous. I don't know about the best ever but certainly up there.
R23 I totally disagree. I think it's easier for a man to be beautiful. As a gay guy I'm in absolute awe when I see a woman who is so beautiful that she looks good without makeup. To me the most beautiful women are more beautiful than the most beautiful men, as it should be.
- r39 - a straight guy would say the same thing abouyt a sexual ideal of the opposite sex; there isn't a straight guy that would mythologize JEH's "beauty" like you are. You are being very biased and narrow-minded.
- There have been a few DL threads over the years where posters go on and on about Hexum, elevating him to godhood. Although this *isn't* an exact analogy, I wonder if there's something of a Monroe effect here: Because Hexum was attractive and had a high profile death at such a young age, the rose-colored lenses are on full time. In other words, his death seems to have created more of a lasting myth than he would have achieved had he lived and faded into obscurity.
- I met Jack Hexum several times in 1980 before his television success; he was a sweet and humble guy with a nice sense of humor. And breathtakingly beautiful.
- Men and women are equally beautiful, r59, and that is as it should be.
- There is a masculine beauty and a feminine beauty - they're two different animals.
- Exactly, r64!
- It wasn't my gun
- Ok, so who would be his modern day equivalent? What actor today has the height, physique, masculinity and staggering beauty?
- Why did spectacular good looks go out of style, at least insofar as fashion and advertising? Models just aren't that good looking anymore. Same is true for the women.
- I see more Armie Hammer than Cavill.
Anyway the story that some industry insider/star posted here (was it none other than Richard Chamberlain?) about Hexum's replacement in Cover Up was one of the saddest and most vivid things I've read, it's an unforgettable image.
Apparently the new star (who had AIDS) was so desperate that he was slumped on the kitchen floor bending over crying for anyone to fuck him.
- Was that the topic of your thesis at the Scool of the Bloody Obvious, r61?
Leif Garrett, who wishes he died young
- School ^^
Fucked it up
- It wasn't I who said it but I'll repeat it. This man's only flaw is that he had no flaws. Dying young was his best career move. And the title of his series, "Cover Up," seems ironic in retrospect.
I'm not saying Hexum was gay, but I've kind of always wondered why so many gorgeous men turn out to be gay. It's like a joke. He's so goodlooking. He must be gay.
And he usually is.
- He probably would have become quite the daddy bear if you ask me.. The voice helps overall with his total package..
- Not so special in Argentina, only in the US.
- EG Daily was indeed his girlfriend. She was in the waiting room at the hosptial when he was dying, and while there she wrote a song about him called "Just For You"
- > Why did spectacular good looks go out of style,
> at least insofar as fashion and advertising?
The really smoking hot guys who in the past would have ended up in fashion or advertising now have too many hours of accumulated online gay porn performances for Madison Avenue and its risk-averse corporate clients to allow them anywhere *near* a runway, mass-circulation magazine, billboard, or TV ad.
If they DID shoot ads with them, and they got "outed" for their pr0n, even magazines like OUT would call the ad agency & have a polite, but firm chat telling them they have 30 days to furnish them with new artwork for the issue after the next one because the ad they'd been running was "damaged" (*cough* *cough*).
Oh, anyway, back to the original topic. Long before I ever conceded even the possibility that I might be gay, I was jacking off to JEH & rationalizing it by pretending I cared about the hot women he might have theoretically been with.
- For my money Hexum beats Cavill, Hammer, Sorbo and all the rest by a mile.
- R68 modeling these days is sadly more about who has a "different" or "weird" look than who is just straight up beautiful. Look at the upcoming cast of Tyra's newest season of ANTM. The girls and guys on there are mostly just odd looking.
- Ah, prom photos. Timeless and precious memories, aren't they?
- "The voice, the eyes, the hair, the body, the lips, the smile..."
What are you doin', honey, makin' love or takin' inventory?
- "Women don't look enough like men."
Your DL Maxim du Jour.
- If the concept of "One Direction" had only crossed someone's enterprising mind back then...
- OMG, all those girls look like the guys' mothers!
- I wanted straight hair like that when I was in high school. I hated my natural curls. So I slept with a headband to try to get that look.
- Well, except for that rather unattractive hole in his head...
- I'm MadMen, which she watches on a purely soap opera level and whose deeper meaning and metaphors escape her.
- The prom pic is funny. God, how ugly were those 70s styles? And yes, those girls look practically middle-aged.
- he accidentally shot himself? really? was it suicide?
- In the program Voyagers, he came off as lovable, kind and sweet.
Good looking and all that made him a favorite fantasy.
- "He was one of those rare specimens that when everything is all put together he was beautiful, but when you really looked at his face, it was quite nondescript and ordinary. Intriguing."
Are you insane?
- In-depth story about Hexum's death.
http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/h/Jon Eric Hexum/jon_erik_hexum.htm
- Jon Erik Hexum and Kevin Sorbo have something in common. They are (were in Hexum's case) of Norwegian decent. Sorbo can be traced back to the same family farm in Norway where my family originates from. But don't get excited about me boys...I am a lesbian.
- I was obsessed with this guy like guys are with Heath Ledger today.
He was beautiful; he was so kind and patient with that little kid on Voyagers!
He's just my type.
- This thread is useless with plenty of graphic, bloody red photos of him with his head blown off.
- He reminds me of GENERAL HOSPITAL's John J. York ("Mac Scorpio").
- I think Sorbo was hot but certainly not the best looking guy in hollywood...
- R12 I'd bet the dick was the one disappointment, probably smallish and crooked, but chances are we would overlook it.
- The HELL you say, R97!
- It's been almost 29 years since we lost him and I still think about him.
I was thrilled when VOYAGERS! came out on DVD.
- I still think his successor was hotter and sexier.
- This guy always reminds me of Jon-Erik...
- [R58] Yes! John Schneider is to die for. I also loved Tony Hamilton.
- [R100] I'm with you - did you ever see Samson & Delilah?
Just checked out scenes on Youtube...very campy and VERY sexy.
- good looking guy, but not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.
- Had "on paper" good looks. In reality the looks never translated into an attraction, no real sex appeal.
Too perfect and symmetrical and fluffy and permed and and fussed and preened with; too much an ideal commodity, like a Ken doll.
A scar, one eye lower than the other, a twisty mouth, a smudge of dirt... he needed some "imperfection."
The photo at R9 is the only one where he comes off as attractive.
- [quote]good looking guy, but not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.
The pretty ones never have to be. Lucky them.
I don't want to derail the thread either, but while I think Cavill is just gorgeous, looking at the pic @R9, JEH was better.
- Hernan Drago has some of the same magic.
- JEH appeared to have a jovial good-natured everyone's best buddy appeal to him; the same kind I see in Ben Affleck.
I'm a sucker for that type of guy.
- EG auditioned on The Voice last week, or so I hear.
- Hernan Drago
- Who's that at R101? Gorgeous!
Colt model John Pruitt aka Jim Yount.
Amazing looking man.
- R23, Mary!!!
- The huge head wound kind of turned me off.
(he doesn't seem to have been the sharpest crayon in the box. What a dumb way to die.)