- Has the new-ish Hiddleston thread gone? i'm getting the 'this thread does not exist' message.
- yes, another one, 3 total now.
Worse than the Spanish Inquisition.
- Why in the name of God do those threads keep disappearing? I was reading through that Loki one and when I refreshed, nothing happened.
Is this TH hate? I don't see another reason,as they were discussing some gf tea,so it wasn't random swooning or anything
- I need to start saving this thread.
Maybe it's JA, or Hiddlestoner not to happen about critics.
Anyway, since it has just been posted before it disappeared, Tom left for Australia today.
- *not liking the critics. (damn you autocorrect)
- R4 I think TH looks cute in that picture. You can totally see his curls.
Well they had to show some clips involving Thor since the movie is named 'Thor'
- It's strange. I logged on saw 108 posts and then got: Thread does not exist and then saw 109 posts!!! Didn't see anything overtly offensive.
But to the point of this new thread: the titular name of the movie is Thor who is the hero. I agree the first movie depicted Thor as a good guy lunkhead who was quite full of himself. Compared to conniving Loki, Thor is dull witted. FWIW, there's more of Loki in the latest round of trailers.
- I can't think of any reason for that thread to be closed. There was basically nothing in it. What did the last few posts say?
It looks like his big press tour has started.
- How many threads is the OP going to post about this??!?
- Where's Loki??
- When is he going to be in China exactly?
The last few posts in the previous thread were about...almost afraid to write her name now,let's call her wimbledon lady...her facebook page didn't have anything special before she made it private.
But really aside from comment on that GQ interview and a summary of wimbledon lady behaviour, there was nothing deserving to be deleted.
- Maybe in the last thread TH was getting too much flack about the GQ interview. Who knows but it's getting a bit ridiculous how his threads are getting deleted.
- What are the reasons for a thread to be deleted, according to DL rules, I mean? There was nothing special in the latest one. Maybe, it’s some kind of glitch, it happens on DL, threads disappear, not only TH related.
- Speculation is rampant in the entertainment press that the script for Thor 2 TDW was a mess. After Hiddleston's appearance as Loki at Comic Con was so well received Kevin Feige, the producer had him film more scenes. And Feige publicly acknowledged this was because of Loki/TH's popularity. Joss Whedon also flew to London to rewrite some scenes in the last six weeks or so. This is cutting it very close. There's a lot more of Hiddleston in the teasers, trailers and newly released Thor 2 featurettes.
What I find strange is that so far Tom is the only one doing a full court press promoting Thor 2. I know CH has been busy filming other movies and promoting The Rush movie but with just 3 weeks to go, time for him to step up.
- I think the biggest wank here is that TH THREADS KEEP DISAPPEARING GOD
- Seeing as this thread starter is a Loki/TH fan I'm thinking that this might be deleted once all the tea/criticisms come in as well.
- What gives? According to the Thread Watcher list there are now 111 posts in the Loki thread. How can that be if it doesn't exist?
- I imagine the OP might be able to delete the thread, but one of the thread deleted was "is Tom Hiddleston a good actor?" which is an opening to critics.
I tend to think his fangirls are flagging these threads as "Flames and Freaks" which means a report to the Webmaster.
So much for pointless bitchery...
- The threads aren't deleted they seem to be suspended. Can I just say this happened to a thread on Cumberbatch (about the time of the Ibiza wedding) then it reappeared a while later. The last but 1 thread on TH is still suspended aswell. If a thread is deleted it comes up "thread deleted". I'm guessing the webmaster is getting complaints that fangirls are invading the site.
- R18 the count says 110 and it includes the OP.
R19 Th has 3 suspended threads now, never mind the last one, the other 2 were suspended at least a month ago.
- R20 I saw that -- but for a NY minute the count stood at 111 so maybe someone deleted their own post!
- What is this thing he's doing in Australia and is it just him? As in promoting Loki and just indirectly Thor?
- There's a meeting and a Q&A with fans. Only him.
I don' t know what he will do in Beijing.
But nothing strange, he's has been doing most of this movie promotion. Maybe he's been doing his part of promotion now, because he will be too busy with Coriolanus rehearsal in November.
I read he will be present at London and Paris première, but I read nothing about LA's.
- Okay what happened to the last thread? Last time I was here made a post clearing up some rumours about JA's facebook and now I can't access it...what happened?
- R24 deleted,suspended...nobody knows. But mainly gone,like the 2 or 3 before it.
I wonder if JA is demanding them to be killed or if it's the TH pr patrol
- Loki is a much hotter character than Thor. Bruding Thor. Loki is colorful and has a badass mojo. TH's posh noble background allows him to channel Loki's entitlement issues with confidence. I was shocked to learn he's a ginge. The actor who played Thor had a ginger face so not only couldn't we buy him as a true Norseman, he lacks the confidence in all of his roles. In my mind, I pretend I'm the director working his scenes and come away feeling that I can't get blood from a stone. Watching him attempt to act is so frustrating when compared to Loki, who hits it out of the park.
- Does anyone have a decent biography or genealogy of TH they can link? Would he hold a title if he was born 150 years earlier?
- He would not have a title, no.
- I know that his his father has became rich with his job but not rich family behind (His grandad was a scottish shipbuilder). His mother come from an important family, or better that was important years ago, I don't know now. He went to Eton the first in all his family
- Men on his mother's side probably went to Eton.
Father apparently did well for himself at grammar school and university and then married well.
- R23 I'm not sure why the lion's share of the Thor 2 TDW promotion has fallen to Hiddleston. The London premiere is Oct. 30th just over 3 weeks away. Hemsworth should be gearing up to promote it, since he's the titular lead! I understand CH has been busy but Thor 2 is a big budget film and he's going to be in Avengers 2. His other movie "Rush" has stalled at the box office here in the U.S.
Loki is featured as prominently as Thor in all of the magazine coverage and covers like Empire and Total Film so far. And there's now a lot more of him in the latest trailers and featurettes. The producers are aware that Loki is a big draw.
- Good grief.
Does this mean we are going to suffer through *weeks* of TH yapping about himself at Comic-Con again? Having to sit through his insufferable ramblings on how HE single handedly carried the Marvel franchise in San Diego? How beloved he thinks he is as Loki? His thoughts/feelings about playing a comic book character? How Loki is really Shakespearean in his inception? How he lives/loves Loki and how he is the only person to understand him? How he changed that Daft Punk song to be all about him (Loki)?
I'm ill just thinking about it.
Jane and Luke! Please get ALL the threads regarding the sparkly Disney Prince closed until AFTER the movie opens. Thank you in advance.
- [quote]I find Loki is the only reason I watch the movie theories.
But Thor is the reason why people watch the movie in praxis.
- R31 London's première is on Oct. 22nd, Paris on Oct. 24th. LA's on Nov. 4th.
So far these are the only ones announced with cast attendance, I guess since the movie will be released in most countries on Oct 30th (except for Italy on Nov. 20th and Korea, I think. Japan is at the end of Jan or beginning of Febr.) doing a première with cast everywhere was impossible. TH is given for sure only for London and Paris.
The lack of promotion by CH is strange though, you're right.
Rush in Europe is doing pretty well, but here F1 is a big deal and lot of people remember Lauda accident and the story.
- [quote]Bruding Thor.
- Another selfie, terrible this time
- Another premiere in Berlin on 27th. CH and Eccleston will be at London premiere
- R32 In all fairness it was his fan army that made Get Lucky into Get Loki. He just went with it
- R37 that tweet is for the London première, it followed this one.
- New pictures. Hmm I don't know
-  It was what I said, London premiere, plus answering to  I added there'll be another premiere in Berlin
- R41 sorry, my bad.
- R40 at least they didn't dress him like an 80 year old dude like in the other GQ photoshoot.
- it's fine
- it was a reply to 
- OT someone can explain me hot to link a previous post please?
I don't like this new pictures, they emphasize his posh side. I wanna see him with leather, more kinky TH
- Despite his unicorn image he gives me a pervert vibe. And frankly, I don't mind at all
- R47 he always give a perv vibe off. Unless he's smiling,he looks like he could do all sorts of things to you
- R46 you write R and the number of reply you are referring to. No blank space no brackets.
For making a quote or bold text etc. click on the link.
- I don't think the Sydney Thor 2 premiere is this early so why is TH traveling that far just for a few interviews? And most importantly, why isn't the actual Aussie Hemsworth with him? At this point it's hard not to believe the rumors that Hemsworth is really unhappy with Marvel.
- I don't know if Hemsworth is happy or unhappy with Marvel, but given the lack of enthusiasm for Thor2, I don't think Thor3 will ever happen.
- Loki 1 will sooner happen than Thor 3 the way things are going. Of course at the actual press junkets Hemsworth will give some bullshit excuse about why he's been missing all these pre-premiere promotions but we all know the ~truth~.
- [quote]Good grief. Does this mean we are going to suffer through *weeks* of TH yapping about himself at Comic-Con again? Having to sit through his insufferable ramblings on how HE single handedly carried the Marvel franchise in San Diego? How beloved he thinks he is as Loki? His thoughts/feelings about playing a comic book character? How Loki is really Shakespearean in his inception? How he lives/loves Loki and how he is the only person to understand him? How he changed that Daft Punk song to be all about him (Loki)?
[quote]I'm ill just thinking about it.
I'm ill just thinking about all the fan hysteria surrounding this. It has already started with that same OP copypasting every single web article of him onto ONTD and fanfraus encouraging that poster every time. These days you can't go many pages without seeing yet another TH post on ONTD. Most of the time by that same crazy fan too.
- R51 I agree it's very strange that Hemsworth wouldn't travel to his native Australia to promote Thor2 -- even if only to visit his parents! Maybe he'll be there for the Australian premiere.
And as hunky as CH is, he's never going to set the world afire with his acting abilities even if Joss Whedon does love him. The Red Dawn remake and Cabin in the Woods were utterly forgettable. He got very good reviews for Rush which is doing OK in Europe but not much interest here in the US. He should follow Hiddleston's example and happily promote Thor 2 -- that's his best chance of getting a raise for the big budget Avengers 2. I guess the rest of the cast feels like they're making coolie wages compared to RDJ's $50M payday. Whedon has already said he's aiming for it to make $2B worldwide.
- Thing is Thor, as character, was quite boring in Thor1 and didn't have much space in The Avengers. So CH didn't get the hype that TH got from these two movies, media or internet.
All the work he received wasn't a direct consequence of Thor.
TH after that hype hit a wall, bad luck played a part but next year he won't have a single movie coming out, while CH has just shot a movie with Mann. And CH will be in The Avengers. TH is likely at his last passage with Loki (who believes in a solo movie, really!).
If they did a good job with CS's character in Thor2 he might get more limelight this time.
So in the long run maybe things turned out for the best for CH.
- He has great bone structure but he's looking rather old here
- Tom might be in the running for a new role in an Australian movie, playing an Aussie poet called Banjo Paterson.
They're looking for someone with face/name recognition so Tom's press stint in Aus might help him clinch this role. Expect him to do some serious sucking up while he's there. He's up against Cumberbatch and Redmayne as usual.
- I'm guessing he's doing lots of signings, q&as to show he has bankability. They're going to use the fangirls to show the movie execs he's a 'star'.
So far this approach hasn't worked at all so I wonder.
- A bit more complicated than that and much more competition than "just" Cumberbatch and Redmayne.
The producer wants James Franco and here it says they should start early next year. TH should be busy with Crimson Peak right?
- TH is posher than posh on both sides of the family. His mother comes from old money (a lot of it) and aristocracy, his father new money (a lot of it). If he truly was the first in his family to go to Eton, it is probably because the men on his mother's side all went to Harrow.
I have noticed he is really trying hard in recent interviews to downplay his poshness and call attention the "working class roots" on his father's side, but as always this is all about his image. Truth is, any contact with the working class is far back in the family tree, out of reach, an abstraction. Too bad he can't take things a little deeper and actually unpack that suitcase of privilege and use it.
Banjo Paterson is an Australian legend, and this part is made for Joel Edgarton, who, in addition to being such a fine actor is a very talented musician who can do something with a ballad. It is going to be shocking if they hire a non-Australian for the part, but I understand their constraints.
I do not seeing TH fitting well into this role at all. I am sure he will campaign for it heavily, but he is just too.... posh. And his talent really is slight.
- I think it is pretty well-established that his fandom is primarily a Loki fandom, and it actually is pretty small and fringy.
He needs to do a lot of really solid and varied roles, one after another, to establish his bankability if he wants to be first on anyone's list. Unfortunately, this has been a very bad year, and he will not have even one film released next year. Yes, an actor can absorb some inactivity, but not at this critical juncture.
His fans are just dreadful. He plays to them though and eggs on all of their excesses as if his life depends upon it. This, I think, makes it easy to dismiss him.
- 2013 was a bad year for TH in terms of new work. But he may yet end the year on a high note in terms of PR & heightened visibility courtesy of Thor 2 (his last hurrah as Loki for the foreseeable future) and Coriolanus.
The Jim Jarmusch vampire film OLLA will be released in early spring 2014. This isn't a big budget film so who knows how many theaters will carry it.
- Never kind the douchy interview, TH looks pretty fuglyin that GQ spread. It is one of the worst I've seen. Seriously, an ascot?
What is up with the lollipop head look? You usually see that on anorexic girls. If he is about to play Coriolanus, why the extreme weightloss?
- It seems CH starts doing some kind of promotion
- Doing his Austalian accent on live Aus tv.
'I can pull it off, sirs!'
- Thank god beard is still there
- Man, I just cannot type today can I? Seriously, did he just do an Australian accent on TV?
Go ahead, pull my leg, but it really does sound like something he would do if the right director is watching.
Blow, blow, blow, Hiddles. Blow harder, harder, harder! Use those kneepads!
- Speaking of which, I wonder what "tea" will surface about him venturing down under...
- Oz tea will be the ass kissing and sucking up, ahem, to anyone with connections. He sure wants that movie part. Getting laid, unless it is on a directors couch, does not seem to be on his agenda. Be prepared for more (yawn) I I I, me me me, interviews.
I agree, his GQ clothing was so old fashioned and unflattering for him.
Dude, do something in jeans and leather and boots. Seriously you run around in that ugly worn out white tee with the shaggy neck line, blue sweater and whatever pants you yank on from where you toss them on the floor. I will not mention those worn out loafers you favor, well, I just did. LOL
- Hey, at least he isn't wearing that threadbare white shirt anymore. He was reminding me of a Mormon missionary.
How exactly did he ever get on the GQ radar?
Oh yeah, Luke. His hired shadow. Totally forgot.
- Sorry he is wearing it once more with that black suit for his Aussie Telly interview. Along with his Aussie accent and his LOOK AT ME! TRY ME! persona, he is taking Sydney by storm.
Hey at least we have something new to bitch about. Just be careful not to mention unmentionables on this one.
- Re: Banjo Patterson role, TH said that was the first he'd heard of it. I think the article was drumming up names to get someone like Joel E. to drop his $. TH looked good - thin as a rake - but damn handsome. The ginger beard and hair is aces, but they need to leave some hair on the side of his head, as the hairstyle looks too high in front. Go back to the look from Avengers/Moscow.
- We all know the true reason for the fake Aussie accent. He is desperate for that role. Note the Armani knee pads.
I think the only shagging he will have time will be casting couch. Other than that he will be too deathly afraid of offending anyone. He will jump when they say jump, and hopefully bend over. Perhaps we will see more of his famous "situational bisexuality"?
What unmentionables are you thinking of? JA perhaps? Shhhhhh.
- Oh sure. It's the first he's heard if it. As if. He is never going to admit that he is auditioning because he would look like an "also ran" if he doesn't get it. Actors never talk about roles until they have them in the bag.
I am not crazy about the haircut, but his hairline is really going south. His HC hairdo is not coming back unless he resorts to plugs.
- [R75]Relax, I'm just reporting what he said.
Re: the accent, I cringed a little; he's a pretty good mimic but would need coaching if the role happened.
True, the hairline is receding, I don't see the sides of his head being cropped as the solution (or plugs)...just grow it out a little.
- Hiddleston is box office poison
- I don't know if he could carry a film on his own but poison? Not at the moment.
- the theatre owners voted r78. He's poison!!
- I feel like he's slowly getting hype due to the internet. People think that because he's so popular online he must be a box office draw too. I hope Thor 2 tanks so that people stop fawning over TH and to a lesser extent CH but I doubt it'll do badly because it's a Marvel movie after all. It definitely won't do as well as Iron Man 3, I call it now.
- I wouldn't call him poison, but he has yet to carry a show on his own. I don't think he is leading man material at all.
The Thor hype is tiresome. The script is cardboard. TH is just an annoying little trained seal for Marvel.
- Agree with you re IM3. People will still go see Thor even if it's crap.
- In his new interview on the morning show he talks about his great affinity for Australia: 'Yeah... you know.. at my boarding school some of the maids were Australian'. He actually said that.
Also describes CHemsworth as a 'monumental' actor. LOL.
- Poor TH. Just cannot grasp the fact his posh upbringing, along with these foot in mouth moments are so off putting. He is clueless. Vapid. Maids indeed. Wonder if this is where he found his lust for the 'lower class' since he has a rep for flirting with maids and waitresses.
- Wow, he really said that. One has to marvel at how he simply does not get it. Somewhere an Australian director's head just exploded.
I expect Thor 2 to be absolute crap. It's too bad because Norse myth is so rich, but this is Marvel. I've heard the script is dreadful, even with the last minute Whedon attempt to rescue it. This is never a good sign.
The fangirls will watch it over and over though, never fear.
- What did he say that is shocking people?
- R83 OMG. OMG. What. My jaw is still on the floor. He actually said that. What did the host(s) say?
- Just his usual blathering on about his fondness for Aussies, seeing some of the maids at his boarding school were from Down Under. It is in his latest interview from Sydney.
Not calling cringe worthy but one of those times you go Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh OK then.
- What interview was this? TH didn't say anything about affinity for Australia/Australian maids on the Sunrise interview.
Actually, his Australia accent wasn't too bad after watching the interview, for being off-the-cuff.
- No, another one, The morning show on 7.
- The morning show on 7 is Sunrise.
- I just watched the R91 interview and there's nothing about Australian maids.
- R88 might also just mean a maid popped his cherry and the popped it good a couple of times after. Thus the fondness
- R91 is right, there's no mention of maids in that interview. And that's the only TV interview so far. TO be honest he also looked genuinely surprised when asked about Banjo, he went "Banjo?!"
On the other hand, did you hear saying "Chris is making so many movies"
Also, I find amusing that the producer of Banjo movie considers CH budget too expensive and Hiddleston affordable.
- lol in that Sunrise interview most of the time was spent promoting Hemsworth instead LMAO
- R95 I was just going to say. Some people here have a tunnel view consisting of TH hate whatever he does. I've only now seen the interview and most of it was in deed about CH. where is this arrogance you speak of? And that oz accent was more of a "crap,why are you making me do this? I have no idea what I'm saying" kind of thing, not the "look at me and my accents" kind of thins you make it out to be.
You really need to change your glasses, they seem to be a bit too dirt filled
If someone were to believe your fiction without checking, TH would really seem like the most obnoxious human. Also, where was the maid comment? That was also inexistant
- Btw, was I the only one getting the impression he had no idea what a Banjo Paterson is?
They went on about what a treasure he is as a poet and he was like "oh yeah,absolutely" ,which sounded like "I need to read up on this,it's effin poetry,how do I not know!"
- Did they ask him if he wore underpants? at the beginning of the video or I understand wrong?
- There were two morning shows: Sunrise and The morning show. The second one was longer. There was this part about his school.
- R98 yes, the male host did it in reference to what happened to Liam Payne, whose underpants were stolen in Sydney.
- R99 This one? Link to the video?
- Yes, this one.
- R101 I thik that one
- He says on The Morning Show interview "I had a housemaster who was Australian" and "the nurses were Australian". This was after the interviewer brought up his school - twice. Not that I'm defending some of his pr moves, but he is good at shilling.
- I heard him saying "housemaster and nurse at my school" not maid
- He identified them with the job they did at school, it's no so offensive IMHO
- And no maids were mentioned.
Anyway, by these were two very normal interviews.
- so dear folks,are you aware that a "house MASTER" is not a Maid?
You really have an issue with finding stuff that doesn't exist.
I'm starting to wonder how many of the quotes here that I haven't checked are made up in the same manner just to stir up inexistent dirt
- "Yes, I do. I look like a Scottish farmer" LOL
- Oh so he said HOUSEMASTER. Y'all should really quote things correctly. TH himself was a housemaster too if I remember correctly. That or a house captain. Anyway a leader of a house (like what they have in Hogwarts if you're not familiar with the house system).
- A housemaster is a teacher. He was a house captain. A popular boy who is allowed to use discipline and keep the other kids in check.
At Eton, the boys live together in different boarding houses on one campus. Each house has a house master in charge of looking after the boys and making sure they do their work/don't get in trouble. The 'nurses' are basically maids. They clean up and basically act as surrogate mothers to the boys, since otherwise they would hardly ever see any women.
- ooooh did TH spank the younger boys when he was in boarding school? Most importantly were he and Prince William in the same house because if so William would be his junior.
- I never see him wearing jeans. He used to in the past.
- R111 I see, so nurses not as in the medical profession. Then who said "maid" was not that wrong.
- Eton calls these people dames. I think, but am not sure, they often employ registered nurses as dames. Dames have assistants and between them they keep the pupils' lodgings clean, organise laundry, do a bit of pastoral care and take care of cuts and bruises etc.
They are a combination of cleaner, secretary, laundress and nurse.
In short, they are servants: the school's version of the nannies these boys had at home.
- Overall the two Aussie TV interviews were straightforward; nothing offensive or juicy. And yeah, not surprisingly a lot of talk about CH & TH is always fine w/that since they're friends.
Box office poison? No way. That's usually reserved for lead actors who have a series of flops. I'm looking at you Johnny Depp (Dark Shadows, The Lone Ranger)
- Maybe some of you should check your facts before jumping on the so called TH haters.
Posh terms for a posh school. Maid is just too common a term for Eton, as would be a butler.
- I am familiar with the Eton system. "Nurses," "Dames," etc. are housekeepers. They clean the rooms, do laundry, supervise the cleaners, and kiss boo-boos. They are absolutely servants, no different from the porter or the guy who cleans your staircase at Oxford or Cambridge.
I don't think TH intended to be patronizing, but he is always a bit patronizing. The fact that he is patronizing and hasn't troubled himself to know what he is doing kind of gets to the heart of the problem imho. He doesn't like being judged for being posh, but it is a system he believes in.
What I want to know is where did the interviewer ask him if he wears underwear, and what was his answer?
- The underpants is in the video R91 posted.
TH answered yes, and before some fangirl nutjob thinks the host asked because of their fangirl posts, it was a reference to Liam Payne having his underpants stolen in Sydney.
- R118 That was on the Sunrise interview. The talk show host asked Hiddleston if he had his underwear in reference to the fact that a group of fans had just broken into the Sydney hotel room of One Direction's Liam Payne a day earlier and stolen his underwear.
- Payne fangirls are crazier than his fans
- I think TH's undies are safe as he never wears any, or so it appears, in the candid shots of his um, crotch.
Fans breaking in and stealing personal items, wow.
- it's me or does he look so uncomfortable with male fans?
- No, I wouldn't say so. In general I think it depends on what kind of fan he's facing, hysterical or nice. Anyway, male fans tend all to write that he is nice and cool.
- He always does a big goofy smile and cuddles with the girls and then stands looking awkward around the guys.
It's putting on a different face for the required audience. for boys, he's epic/cool/legendary. For girls he's sweet/adorbs/fluffy/perfect/gentleman.
There was a couple of fanpics from Australia which were hilarious.
- He looks fine. The only thing that's very obvious when he's standing next to guys is that it emphasizes how thin he is. Hiddleston needs to eat; he's disappearing.
- In GQ interview, journalist said he ate burger and fries, green vegetables and two beers. Maybe he eats only during interviw
- I think he tends to get wrapped up in work and unless he is out with a date or something is the only times he really sits down to eat.
- A confusing diet
- He's just a sporty person who takes care of himself and he looks perfectly healthy to me, why is this even an issue? Plus why are we mothering him that's what his fangurls are for, we're supposed to trash him to death!
- He's very thin, I hope his penis it's not
- Amen, r131.
I think the lucky bastard is just one of those people who has to work to gain/maintain weight. By all reports he eats.
The Coriolanus fight training photos look good though. You can see his nice pecs through the T-shirt. And those were in the last week.
- R131 No it's not thin. He is pretty endowed in that part.
- Personal experience r133? Do tell.
- r133, yeah do tell. Tall guys usually are hung, well usually.
- Yep, TH is metabolically blessed with a super fast metabolism that allows him to eat whatever he wants and still be slim. The issue for him as an actor is that when he loses weight and gets too thin it shows in his face. He does have nice pecs. But as someone mentioned upthread he's got a lollipop head. That combined with his receding hairline makes him look older than his 32 years. He's aged a lot in the last few years -- big difference in his face in the original Thor and now. GQ reporter pointedly mentioned that he looked much "slimmer" in person than in his pictures.
- He needs to eat more and grow his hair out.
- I think his hair is a little too short on the sides. With his fluffy top of hair it just elongates his face.
- Just checking,for fear of this thread being close we shall not mention she who cannot be named anymore?
- Wow, it's amazing how much you all hate Tom Hiddleston.
Also amazing; How that hate somehow manifests as watching his interviews repeatedly, worrying about his metabolism and diet, advising him on the most attractive hairstyles, obsessively stalking his fuck buddies to the extent of knowing who they follow on Twitter and the exact date they stop following people, tracing his family tree back multiple generations, researching his prep schooling, and being able to cite examples of how he poses with random individuals over time.
You pathetic fanchicks are not fooling anybody except yourselves. Fuck of back to Tumblr with the rest of your ilk, bitches.
- I think most people here who know his background are ex-fans who used to be hardcore fans. But yeah those people who keep commenting on every single detail of his current interviews/hookups are probably fanfraus from Tumblr or fanpages who should really go back to their fancaves.
- Do not mention someone with the initials JA. I dont care. Just discuss Tom alone, that is it.
- [quote]Do not mention someone with the initials JA. I dont care. Just discuss Tom alone, that is it.
Do you mean Jane Arthy? What could possibly be wrong with mentioning Jane Arthy? I quite like Jane Arthy! After all, the mere fact that Jane Arthy gets to ride Hiddleston's cock whenever she wants pisses you bitches off no end. I mean, what's not to like about Jane Arthy? Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy. Jane Arthy.
Fuck off back to Tumblr you deranged cow.
PS Jane Arthy.
- I'd do him 'til he's Thor.
- R143 Judging by that GQ interview it's unlikely she'll be riding it again. That's not why people are fed up of her being mentioned - it's been overblown (and I posted on the other thread).
Although I think some fangirls who make it over here either don't want to believe he hooked-up with a previous hook-up, or that he hooked-up with anyone at all.
And for anyone else who makes it over here from other boards, re that ELLE interview: I don't see how having a gated entrance to his house is relevant (go read the posts again, it's isn't).
- R140 Don't you know that when you hate someone you needs somenthing new everyday to add fuel to fire? Silly people
- Jesus Christ, what the hell is in his PR mind?
- R147 #4 it's ok but #2, and especially #3, what's wrong with that photographer!
- R147 I think he photographs well but the clothes are terrible and that's not his fault, poor thing probably didn't even notice what a fugly coat he was wearing, he's devoid of any sense of fashion as most straight men are.
R145 lol probably tumblrites are on google maps trying to figure out which one his house is.
R140 thank you!
- R145 judging by that GQ interview, she hasn't since after Wimbledon.
- R48 It's the shape of his mouth and his thin lips. He looks like he ought to have a forked tongue ¬_¬
- R143 Did you mean Jane Arthy? The Jane Arthy? I think you meant to say Jane Arthy, right?
What a beautiful name, Jane. And then Arthy
- Holy fudgeballs R147 !\tthat third picture looks like a cockroach spreading his wings
- R140 I never said I hated him. I think there is a difference between hate and calling someone on their BS.
Usually, the ones that say go back to Tumblr are in fact the ones from Tumblr.
- R143 Been there, done that.
I like TH in just plain clothes, EXCEPT that worn out tee and white shirt. Man went from looking like burger n chips to a bland mash up of potatoes. The jackets though are at least interesting.
Wonder if old Lukester got to dress his boy? All the while stroking that fur collar whispering 'you still LOVE me right? You won't EVER ditch me in a fashion rag, would you? Tom? Tommy? STOP thinking about the maid from last night! I can pour tea just as well. Tom?'
- They want to stay in their little delusion that their precious prince is remaining chaste until they come into his life and they give their flowers to each other *hurl*
- Well they shouldn't have any problems finding his house when Googling it.
It will be the one coated in pixie dust, with little Disney animals frolicking in his garden and Cookie Monster riding a unicorn.
And their Prince, sipping tea whilst reading their fan mail, weeping with joy.
- R159 that whore. The woman must be very happy though.
- R159 LOOOL is this guy serious hahahaha imagine Fassy holding a fan in his arms like that and the absurdity of it will become clearer.
- you think fassbender wouldn't do the same? don't kid yourself,there's no way to turn a fan asking smth this specific down without lookig like an ass or a weakling.she was very clever in her request
- The girls who got tickets had to camp out overnight because they started handing out tickets at 4am apparently.
They dressed him up in a flower crown and knighted him as 'king of everything'. He sung happy birthday to various girls. One girl jumped on his back.
It was basically a Hiddles-worshipping event and he loved every minute.
- so if I ask Fassbender to bend me over the table for a pic he'd do it? MOVE BITCHES OUT OF MY WAY I GOTTA GO!
- R163 so much second hand embarrassment.
- i say ask the bender to bend you and you might reach a good compromize.or get him drunk and he'll bend you anyway
- He looks like an older brother being very patient with a bunch of overeager younger brothers and sisters.
- R163 ewww that whole description makes me cringe. Why. Just why.
- [quote]They dressed him up in a flower crown and knighted him as 'king of everything'. He sung happy birthday to various girls. One girl jumped on his back.
- So was that a specially held fan event or what? TH went all the way to Australia for a couple of interviews and a worshiping event?
- Just saw Cumberbatch photo set for Esquire USA November - waaaaaaay better than TH GQ.
- The flower crown thing is from tumblr. They photoshop them onto actors. no idea why.
Here he is being knighted
- they turned up like this
- I have nothing against cosplay for events like Comic Con but omg the thirst
- Maybe it's too much, but between him like that and a snob superstar I choose him
- R175 and that's why you'll fail at life.
- here he is, making tennis noises. not a euphemism.
- R177 Not just tennis. Uh uh
- oh crown too? isn't that some new hipster thing? i still think that is you're an ass you can't fake being so nice to people and being so touchy feely
- Wow. TH has turned into a one-man theme park ride.
Maybe they should dress him up and make him stand around in Pixie Hollow at Disney World.
- Put a dog treat on his nose and see what happens...
- he does have a rather bizarre relationship with his fans. I wonder if he ever gets really famous, will he keep this up?
also, did you read the tea in CB about someone saying TH tried to hit on her friend on some party? based on that, he sounded just as desperate and self-centric as he appears to be.
- Link to that tea R182?
- He. Gave. A. Fan. A. Piggyback ride.
Tom, you know when a fan asked BC to touch his hair he said "Too far".......
- Awww, what is wrong with Tom giving a fan a piggy back ride? He has a huge fan base consisting of young girls and woman and is loving the attention. The fans, in turn are getting something. It's win-win.
- The 'tea' on CB was spilled by a troll who everyone there believes to be the same one spilling the other 'tea' here. Just trolls with nothing better to do. The story sounds like so many other so called 'my friend' encounters.
If they are real, then TH is a broken record and dull.
- Scroll down to someone called Elodie. Several posts with that person going on about the 'encounter' Like I said, same old song and dance, different venue.
- I dunno, I found her post to be believable. She wasn't claiming any vast intimate knowledge, she was just reporting a chance encounter that to me seemed very characteristic of TH.
I deeply suspect, based upon things I have heard from so many people who have met TH, that he is excessively eager to please, eager to be liked, needy and overenthusiastic, hits up on women left and right, and doesn't really notice when he strikes out-- and its striking how often he strikes out. Ever wonder why this guy is alone so much?
We are in the countdown to Thor 2 and he is on a promo tour. He is going to do backflips to please everyone and if it means giving piggyback rides, so be it. I think he knows that his career depends upon the success of Thor 2, so he will do whatever he can to get butts in seats.
I think his talent as an actor is limited, but one thing he has going for himself professionally is he is tireless at promoting the film. Someone will notice that.
- Tom can have any woman (or man) he wants. He has got to be getting some action. He certainly is keeping it under wraps.
- That, or he is not hitting it as much as you might think. Except with fans of course.
By the way, I think CB is hilarious. Whatever "tea" you think they do or don't have, they know what to do with their dear "TommyAnnE."
- I think both Hiddles and Cumberbatch have discovered that when you are this famous, the odds are good... but the goods are odd.
- He gets some action. Not every waking moment, but he gets some.
- He gets some action for sure, more than his fans think, less than DL thinks
- What about this thing
“Three films of integrated psychology and- thanks- all I get is “he’s evil”.”
- Tom Hiddleston, on Loki being oftenly (and generically) classified as “evil” (Popcorn Taxi Q&A, October 8, 2013).
- R193 his fans think he's a virgin,anything than that qualifies as more.
- " Seeing Tom Hiddleston in the flesh was one of the most incredible experiences of my life, but I will not deny that it was also heartbreaking. It may sound strange, but it is likely a sentiment shared by the hundreds of fans who waited outside the Kinokuniya bookstore from 4.30am – 10.00am yesterday morning, even though we knew the 150 places were already taken. It was likely felt by those 2800 people who missed out on one of the invitations to the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session on Tuesday night. And I’m sure I was not the only one who burst into tears on the plane home thinking that this morning Tom was leaving Australia.
Tom would hate to know of our heartbreak. He would most likely try to comfort us all with hugs and “I’m so sorry darlings”. And therefore, I will not focus on that. Instead I will focus on the amazing experiences, and there were many."
- R196 Eh that girl clearly needs help but so do One Direction Fans, N'Sync fans in the late 90's, etc
- R197 so true.
- R196 If the age of this person isn't above 20 it's still acceptable. Older than that...but then again I've seen men crying over football!
- My boyfriend's whole night is ruined whenever Arsenal loses, so obsessed fans come in all types.
- R199 she goes on to claiming he stared at her legs in her post, I don't know how old she is.
- Look fans see and feel what they want to feel, obsessive fans even more so. Their fav actor/musician look in their general direction they suddenly think he's in love with them, they get a handshake they think they are special and unique. It's the fuel to their fangirl lives.
Any more pics, or better video footage, of the Q&A or this meeting with fans? And what next for TH China or Korea?
- R202 So true-- and TH knows this. and milks it for all it's worth.
I wish he would focus on his art and become a better actor, but this is where he has chosen to throw his hat.
Integrated psychology? Good grief. Loki is a cardboard character. There's a limit to what anyone can do with that.
- R184 Yes, but then again, at the height of his Doctor Who popularity David Tennant let a fan give his hair a good ruffle.
- TH can't have any woman or man he wants: he can have whatever Hiddlestoner he wants.
I think he has figured out that this has its limits.
I think we should expect full-on groveling to the fans for the next few months. Rumors I have heard lead me to have low expectations for Thor 2, and too much is hanging on it for him.
- I think he's a nice guy and - it would seem - a good sport when it comes to fans.
Autograph signing and a bit of friendly chit-chat (or mild flirting) is one thing though, piggyback rides and being garlanded with flowers something else. Very embarrassing indeed. I don't get why anyone would ask someone they don't know to do something like this. You've only just met the man and you want him to give you a piggyback ride? Weird.
I'm guessing TH sort of enjoys the attention or is happy to tirelessly promote Thor (and Loki and himself) by whatever means necessary. I still find his dorky enthusiasm preferable to him being 'above that sort of thing', but can't the fans dial it down a notch?
- R205 Right, women? I don't know, he seems a man child, maybe a motherly nurse
- He does give off that vibe a bit R207 But don't a lot of English men.
- the first funny thing on tumblr that's TH related
- R206 Don't hold your breath waiting for tween & teen fangirls to dial back on their hero worship of Hiddleston or any objects of their desire! I scored great seats for my two nieces to a Justin Bieber concert this summer and they still haven't stopped talking about it.
Good for Hiddleston that he's nice to younger fans. He does pander to the older ones and that has come back to haunt him on Twitter. Still there's no real tea about him.
Meanwhile, he's still doing 90% of the promotion for Thor 2 although TH, Hemsworth and Feige will be doing Skype interviews. Even if Thor bombs, Hiddleston will have garnered massive amounts of PR courtesy of Loki. He'll have to live off that buzz for awhile.
- What's really so bad about letting them have their fantasy. Real life relationships are gonna be hard enough as it is. I really don't see that much harm in letting them go on believing that TH is a gracious, polite gentleman.
- Except it's not true, and that's not healthy at all.
- R211 It's unhealthy for them and for him. The amount of times on boards I see "this perfect prince...he's so perfect...this man!" it's like they've no idea he's a human being with faults like the rest of us. If he screws up or any real juice comes out about him, the stans will have their illusions shattered. Let alone that damage it does to his personal life and career.
- Living in a fantasy world can only go so far, though we live in an infantilizes age that will push that as far as it can.
If the Hiddlestoners don't know this, it's sad. That TH works this because he needs their attention and thinks this is going to be great for his career is also sad.
So he is creating buzz for himself as Loki. Buzz that results in what? Establishing that he is willing to act like a trained seal to promote a film? That there is absolutely nothing he won't do to blow a studio exec? That he knows full well that he can't get by on his talent? This is the kind of crap that makes me believe the rumors about Branagh.
I guess this reputation will have some takers (seriously, who doesn't want an actor who will tirelessly promote your film AND bend over and spread the cheeks on command AND provide pony rides fan girls?) but if he wants to establish himself as a serious actor on a par with Whishaw, Fassbender, Law, Lewis, et. al., this nonstop fandom pandering isn't going to cut it.
Loki is the only thing he is really known for. In everything else he has done, he has been fair to middling at best. If he wants to change that, he needs to get serious, and taking himself seriously would be a good place to start.
- He is too needy and insecure to quit the fan adoration fix. I just hope the crazies don't harm him. He is showing them how easy it would be since he is so hands on with his adoring fans.
Don't his handlers see the danger this could be? Too many nutters out there. Even in a 'controlled' meet and greet, the over the top crazies can get through. Look at Cannes. And then look at the fan clinging to his back in some of the pics from Sydney. TH is either clueless or as fanatical as his fans.
- He says he hates the attention, but in action he is full of shit. He loves it.
Any more tea???
- R216 Well there's this from a 20something Australian woman named Elise who attended the book signing and posted on Tumblr. This bit of her recap is hysterical.
"He sang happy birthday to one lucky fan and tried to get us all to join in but we didn’t want to block out his beautiful voice.
He told us to dance more, sadly not with examples.
He sat like a whore nearly the whole time, and spent half the interview rubbing his leg — very distracting, let me tell you!
The interview ended with an exclusive clip never released anywhere. He had to check with the MC that that was what they were about to show us, so he was standing and bending over slightly to talk to the guy — let’s just say those pants were stretching in all the right place!"
- R216 I don't think he ever said he hated the attention. I think he said it 'alarmed' him. He is a man that thrives in social situations. Fassbender is just an arrogant ass. Whishaw is too much of an introvert. Law I don't know that well plus I think he is only an ok actor imo.
- R218 I think maybe R216 was referring to this Collider interview where he says
[quote] The bit I love is I really love acting, really, and the circus of it, the circus of being- for want of a better word, a celebrity is something I’m sort of not interested in. I find it strange.”
- R210 What do you mean by it has haunted him on Twitter. I think his older fans more so see him as his, then his younger fans do.
- I meant 'as is'
- R220 Yes, I agree his older fans do see TH as he really is and they're in hot pursuit. I was referring to the fact that he actively egged the fangirls on with his pandering posts and pictures of the presents they sent him, etc. When this didn't help him get movie roles outside of the Marvel franchise he toned down his Tweets. Too late now though because he's got some seriously crazed fans many of whom believe he's a virgin Unicorn fairy prince.
- The ladies at CB strike me as older and smarter, and they love having their fun with TH. They also know when to apply the ball gag and call him on his crap.
TH has plenty of "fans" who are also well aware of his shortcomings and limitations, appreciative of his unintended absurdities, and are fully aware (and probably relieved) that he is not a unicorn prince, never fear.
- [bold]Tom Hiddleston's impression of Owen Wilson as Loki is surreally fun[/bold]
I don't know why someone would ask Tom Hiddleston to do an impression of Owen Wilson as Loki in from The Avengers, but I do know the internet is a better place now because of it. By the gods, could this man get any more likable?
- Chris Hemsworth recorded a video message to the folks in Beijing since he's not there promoting Thor 2
“But I’m glad we have the perfect representative there today in my brother, in the movie, your Loki, Mr. Tom Hiddleston. - Hey, Tom! Don’t talk too much, have a great time and just try not to steal my thunder when you get there, okay?”
Even CH is calling Hiddleston out on talking so much, funny!
- R224 Go back to the hole of crazy fans you came from, you're on the wrong site.
- What I really love is that Benedict Cumberbatch's Q&A on Reddit today leaves everything by TH is the DUST. Nice to see someone who has a functioning sense of humor and a quick wit in action.
Sorry Hiddles, I know you are reading this. You're tired.
- A threesome with Tom Hiddleston and Michael Fassbender is my fantasy.
- People exaggerate how bad his fans are. Or rather, the fans can get nutty but I believe he doesn't get exposed to it as much as people think.
The story about fan jumping him at Cannes? No proof, probably didn't happen. Any woman who he dates getting death threats? Again, everyone says so at Tumblr but there is never any proof. There was one screencap of one user sending nasty messages to Sian, that's it. If people are constantly seeing so much hate directed at these women, where are the screencaps? Jane Arthy especially, I followed the situation, the only place I saw hate towards her was here - on Tumblr, it was just the usual "I'm so happy for them" crap.
People talk like he's about to be murdered by a fangirl, I mean most of them are teenagers, what are they going to do? I'm sure Tommy is a big boy who can defend himself and doesn't become traumatized if some 14 yo girl in loki costume gives him a hug.
Yeah, he gets embarrassing fan mail and messages on twitter and some of his fans are socially retarded. Guess what? That's part of the job of anyone who is famous. It happens to every single actor, especially when they are involved in geek projects. He makes millions for every Marvels movie he plays in, I'm not going to weep for how hard he has it because someone send him a porn fanfic once. Boo fucking hoo.
If he was A-lister it would be different. Right now his fanbase is small enough that he can deal with it. whether the way he deals with his fans makes him look good or bad, everyone can decide that for themselves, but let's not pretend that there is any real harm being done to anyone. Not even Tommy boy's sensitive little upper class soul.
- R224 that was one weird but funny impression.
There are pics of TH press tour here
https: / / www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.578522665517273.1073741829.113589202010624&type=3&uploaded=14
And I found this gif from a recent interview but no idea which one.
- Search "Jane Arthy" on twitter.
Don't click on her account, just toggle through some of the hits from others. Death threats. People are psycho.
Anyway, his unicorn image is about to bite the dust.
Someone at the aforementioned celebitchy is hinting at some major dirt they claim to be afraid to reveal. And he os referred to as an "asshole" and "damaged goods."
Finally, some dirt!
- r 231 I saw that! I immediately thought it was her.
- R231 link to the post in question?
- Here, I found it. Number 25 in the comments section.
- Hopefully, this thread wont get locked. I want some real tea.
- R234 thq.
Well, first thing, we now know that the person that posted that supposed recent sighting of TH and JA is Janine at CB.
MissThing used to defend the man far and beyond, just read her comments in past posts. I'm curious.
- MissThing's story sounds like the early confessions of someone sexually harassed. This doesn't mean he did something like that and to be honest I really don't think he is the kind of man to force himself on anyone but I'm really curious what it is she feels the need to hide, I doubt she'd feel obligated to keep things secret if it was just seeing him with someone or being mean et al. Maybe he's into really weird stuff in bed.
- R237 What is the "kind of man to force himself on anyone"? Many rapists and abusers are absolutely charming to the public and extremely popular.
- R238 we would have heard of it don't you think? Please, let's not go from unicorn-prince to rapist in one go.
MissThing claims he behaved like an asshole to her and that for him women are objects. But then she says that she promised him not to say a word.
Why on earth would you feel like you need to keep a promise to an asshole I have no idea.
All this can refer to many things, from a hook-up to a conversation where he dissed people.
It could also be BS. Waiting for more details.
- If she doesn't reply within the next 12 hours I am calling bullshit. It's always a tease and run kind of situation where the poster panics when they can't think of anything else to add.
- R237 here, I never meant to say he was a "rapist" that's a horrible accusation and it's a very serious issue that shouldn't even come up in a gossip site where any kind of information spreads like wild fire, for that I'm really sorry I wish I never wrote that post, I regretted it the moment I clicked save post.
All I wanted to say was she made it sound like a huge deal, and I tend to believe tea spillers so I wondered what it might be she wanted to keep a secret.
And this is why datalounge needs a delete post button.
- Well, since everybody says at DL we are idiots, I went looking back for MissThing commens on TH in CB past posts.
In this thread
her comments are dates Oct.6th and she is siding with him.
Same in this thread
in her comment dated Oct.9th
But in this thread
comment 10, where somebody wrote TH flirted with her friend at BIFA last year, MissThing comment, dated Oct. 10th was
[quote] Oh you guys have no idea…
After 2 days, she decides to write about how she changed her opinion of him.
TH was in Sydney on Oct 10th, for her post to be true she is Australian or at least she was in Sydney, but she doesn't work in the business because in a previous thread she wrote that talking to him could only happen in her fantasy world.
- R239 LOL "we would have heard of it". Such a simple, simple, privileged mind.
- Well no, we would not necessarily have heard of it before now, though we have had plenty of rumors.I have no trouble believing that TH is a complete and utter douchbag. People don't get ahead in this business by being nice. His charming and polite veneer has always struck me as fake and entirely about publicity.
I also have no trouble believing that he is very good at managing his image and controlling what gets spilled. It's not that difficult: all you have to do is make sure there is a substantial power imbalance, so that if a person spills tea, he/she will get more splashed and be made to look more ridiculous than you. This silences people all of the time. Some people in power really like to test just how far they can push this.
- R234 I wonder if the one posting is a friend of JA
also R236 , Janine, seriously? Oh Lord, if that is who I think it is and she's using her real name and lives in the NW3 postcode, then I might believe the tea because I know her personally. Acquaintance wise. I don't want to say how we met because she might not want the info out there
- Janine claims she saw the infamous weekend hookup with her own eyes.
She also claims she has never posted on DL.
MissThing has been posting on CB's Hiddleston threads for a long time. I vaguely remember her meeting him or her colleagues did at a party? She works in PR or her friend does?
Trolling from both of them most likely.
- It's so interesting how his stans see him. He sold them an educated, polite, English gentleman, complete with a humble, caring, interested-in-them persona. LOL- that could not be further from the truth.
What is his professional training? He pretends for his job- an actor. What was his upbringing? Wealthy, upper-class English. Privileged beyond belief. And they think he CARES about THEM? About the poor in Africa? He does all that to sell movie tickets. He cares about himself, as do all actors. Those sad people fall for it without question. They'd sell their souls for the content of their porn fiction about him as Loki to be reality. They refuse to acknowledge ANYTHING that blurs that perfect image of a perfect man.
Well played, Mr. Hiddleston.
- The only way this guy is fundamentally different from every photo,interview or appearance we've ever seen is if he's a sociopath.
Some might have gotten offended,bothered and whatnot by him and now claim he's the top asshole to walk this earth but I think in the case of people with unbruised egos, he doesn't come off as such a drastic ass.
Like I said, he cannot be that different unless he's psycho. He may not be rainbows and unicorns all the time but I have a very hard time believing he's the complete and utter opposite
- R246 Like I said, the choice of name, "Janine" is either a very funny coincidence or not a coincidence at all. Because I know a Janine who runs into TH on a more or less regular basis because.
- R244 when I said "we would have heard of it" I was referring to the idea of him harassing somebody.
- My thoughts exactly r248. Sociopath.
BUt maybe that's because I was watching The Canyons when I read it?
Anyway, Miss Thing has claimed an industry connection to him before. She was hoping to meet him through her boss, if I recall correctly.
Still, the troll and run shit makes her story suspect.
Janine, on the other hand, clearly posted here.
- Cumberbatch did a reddit Q&A thing and while I'm not one to invade threads with BC, this one was a monumental answer
I asked Mr. Hiddleston this question when he did a Q&A on Twitter:
Can you feel the love tonight?
He was unable to respond, but I'm hoping you will.
I'm feeling it right now. Leave me alone."
- R246 and R251, so MissThing had the connection but she has never met him before, or she claimed she has already?
Because I read her comments as mentioned in R242 post, and going by those, she didn't sound like she did until couple of days ago.
- But that is just it R250. People who harass other people typically do so only when there is enough of a power imbalance to shut the person up. Have you ever tried to complain about harassment? If you ever find yourself in such a position, do so only if you are ready to lose everything, walk away from your job, lose friends, etc.
Also don't confuse sociopathy with psychopathy. Sociopaths are common as dirt and are often very, very good at maintaining a seductive, charming, and appealing surface in order to get what they want (which is the only thing they really care about). They are not necessarily "crazy" though they are usually very dysfunctional. They know exactly what they are doing.
If this tea has any truth to it (and there isn't enough to go on to tell) TH would be a textbook case for narcissism.
YES. That is how Q&A's are done. Not some rehearsed and safe BS. Honestly, the fact that he can actually take the time to be his sarcastic and blunt self makes him more appealing.
Now TH, his myspace shows that he definitely has a wild side and this whole thing is partly an act. His new agent basically neutered him.
- Cumberbatch Q&A was great. I wasn't expecting him to answer the fandom type of questions but it was v funny
Do you, Matt smith, and Tom Hiddleton have cheek bone polishing parties?
We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.
I can't imagine Luke allowing such things.
- On CB after so many called BS, Miss Thing has gone quiet. I call BS too. Read between the lines, sounds like she made a pass at him, and got blown off and not politely, now she is the 'woman scorned'.
Janine is the troll who loves attention and name dropping and TH sightings no doubt leave her all tingly. Using her 'real' name just shows desperation and screams look at me I am in the know! LOL
Sure we all want 'tea' and the trolls, the damaged ones, delight in stirring the shit pot, and will gladly oblige.
My Nana always said those who stir the pot should have to lick the spoon.
Good bye to this thread, because whomever keeps tabs on it will shut it down.
- Since I don't want another thread deleted, until further news appear, let's go back to the Thor2 promotion turned in a one man show.
I mean, I get TH won't be able to attend première in Asia and Australia later one because of Coriolanus, but they could have sent somebody else from the cast with him.
Found this pic, have a laugh.
- R255 Wasn't his agent,because his agent is a very cool human being.
It was good the good ol publicist who has some antiquated notion on how people can increase their fame
- Also found this quote. Apparently he cries for every single movie he watches.
- R258 Wonder if it's a publicist approved picture, or if he had to hear a lecture about keeping an educated face in public. As far as publicists go, his guy is really disappointing.
BC also has one,but I bet his is much more experienced and realizes that being your whatever self you are is a much better option than maintaining a scripted image. Also less tiring
- I have read Miss Thing's comments on TH threads to before. And I remember one that she posted on the thread when they were talking about his new "girlfriend" when the news broke. Miss Thing said "she really wanted the job" of being Tom's girlfriend that is. If she met Tom it would have to had been in the past couple of days because she has said before about wishing to meet him. So how did all this go down? He has been doing his press tour. I don't see it happening.
- R186 R187 R215 R257 ex-hiddlestan. Did you get scorned too?
- Eww he looks so old at R258. His publicist doesn't look that experienced and his biggest client is Emma Watson who definitely has been in the industry longer than him. I don't know why TH continues using him.
- His publicist is not a singular entity on his own, he works for a firm called Public Eye and they also work with people like Douglas Booth, Gillian Anderson, Harry Lloyd, Nick Frost, Hugh Laurie, Suki Waterhouse, Toby Jones, Tom Sturridge.. so they're not utter rubbish. They probably have a good relationship with his UK agency as I know Hugh Laurie & Nick Frost are also with Hamilton Hodell.
- Then maybe it's him.
- R262 In her own words, she's been "trying to throw her vagina" at him for quite some time.
- Hamilton Hodell shouldn't be questioned at all because they're pros at what they do,it's just a mystery why he keeps the publicist that he has. If it is indeed true and he started those Jessica Chastain rumors back in whenever it was, he's more unprofessional than previously assumed
- R258 It was taken at the meeting with fans in Sydney, Kinokuniya bookshop. So it was him posing for a fan.
- That was meant for R261
- R267 It seems like she had these high expectations of TH and when he didn't live up to them, he is now an 'a**hole' because of it. Never have high expections of someone. It only leads to heartbreak.
- In the meantime, TH visited the Great Wall.
- His fans on tumblr are ridiculous
- So I took my time and read previous entries of this MissThing on CB (damn, I need to get a life), where she says: she’s a fan; she’s on tumblr and follows his thread; she’s an American, living in America; mentions, numerously, that she sees his flaws (fame whoring, attention seeking, etc.) but still would like to fuck him senseless. BTW, she said that if she did, she would shout about it from the rooftops, LOL. Also that she never met him but would like to. Didn’t see her mentioning that she had a professional connection; ladies on CB made that conclusion for some reason.
Her latest entries, on Oct 9 “…If I ever get to talk to him (in my fantasy world), I’ll ask about the damn fur ok?”;
Oct 10, at 12:02 am “Oh you guys have no idea…” re: his hitting on women;
Oct 10, at 2:18 am “Oh TommyAnnE… Sadly, despite everything yes I would still hit it. And I am ashamed.”
And then today he is “damaged goods”, “asshole”, etc.
So what changed? She went to Sydney or Beijing and met him IRL a day or two ago? And he showed her his true face at once and then asked not to tell anyone? IDK, I’m calling it BS until proven otherwise. Probably just a scorned fan and a troll. Maybe he didn’t follow her on Twitter or smth.
- R273 He sings it in the shower? What? Why does anyone even know that...
- Also, if I were to sing Poison in the shower, does it imply criminal tendencies? Or just a secret shoutout to them?
- In the Chinese micro blog Q&A, someone asked Tom what's his favorite song to sing when he takes a shower. He answered that right now he likes to sing 'I need my girl' by The National.
Sounds like something is up.
- He said that today on on-line Q&A. What did you expect from his fans? Puberty age. TH exploits their age and dreams.
BTW he also said that one of his weaknesses is that he hates confrontations. “ I do not like conflict and sometimes will not tell the truth in order to avoid conflict”. It’s very telling.
- R277 Or he just needs "a girl". Got to keep up that manwhore image. Lol
- R276 I know, right. Maybe he just like the damn song.
Full Q&A here
- R274\tThe trolling fangirl is strong in that one
- R277 & R279 I remember he tweeted about Mumford & Sons "I will wait" last year, look into that what you will.
R278 that quote is very telling.
- new from Miss Thing..LOL..
MissThing...I think it says it all..
October 12, 2013 at 3:09 pm
Ok. Guys… Time zone issues.
No rape implied or any of that nonsense. I am not Jane Arthy. I am someone who has had a few conversations with him and there are times when he can be very nice and times when he is a veritable asshole. I just get tired of people gushing on how wonderful of a person they think he is. He is a flawed human like the rest of us and he has a lot of emotional issues and baggage. I guess my point earlier was made out of frustration more than anything else.
He is a decent person… When he wants to be. All I was saying is that he is not necessarily to pushover, submissive wuss some people around here think he is and he sure as hell isn’t all sunshine and roses. When I see fans gushing over how gentlemanly and authentic he is, it just makes me cringe. Like any actor fantasize all you like, just be aware that the real deal is not someone you’d want for anything other a quick tumble in the hay. Lucky for most of you out there, if you have a pulse and are not ugly, you have a good shot at it.
- He tweets a lot of love (boring) songs
- R278 Yeah, I already knew that about him. That is one reason why he never seems to call out on when one of his GF or lady friends get abuse on social media.
- "if you have a pulse and are not ugly, you have a good shot at it." stay classy Thomas, stay classy.
- How does she know this if she has never met him? Need clarification/receipts.
Otherwise it's believable. We all know he uses his fame/empty charming gentleman persona to get girls into bed and he sure as hell isn't a rainbow unicorn because no one is.
- R286 Haha, oh I like you!
R283 I think nobody here assumed he's the fairy tale he's made out to be.
And everyone has off days,but they probably won't have them on camera for people ( read fangirls) to see.
As for being the proud owner of a pulse and a chance, I think we already assumed that that was the case here. His selection criteria didn't seem to be too many or too harsh.
But please add that you need to be over the age of 18 at least or you will hear the collective sound of underage fangirls rejoicing
- R283 How is that "a cauldron of tea" LOL So he has off days. Big deal. I thought it was going to be something eye opening.
- R286 I laughed out loud at that comment. LOL
- I did not say that, was re-posting from CB ,Miss Things posts from there and her claims about TH.
Apologies if you got confused.
- R289 They're pointing out he's not the perfect man his stans seem to think he is, that this gentleman image that is reflected in his interviews etc. is, to all intents and purposes, an act. I'm getting the impression that only the positive side of his personality is being put on show.
Not surprising to the rest of us, but a big blow to a number of his stans. Honestly some of them don't want to hear anything negative about him.
- So first she has a cauldron full of tea and then it all comes down to her claiming she had a few conversations with him (in the last 2 days obviously, since she has never met him before) and that what she wrote before was out of frustration at his fans for thinking is always a happy, spineless wuss, while instead he can have a bad day or a bit of a temper.
If anything, the fact he might have some backbone is a relief, not tea.
- He has mentioned a couple of times that his favorite movie line is from Heat. 'All I am is what I'm going after.'
This sums him up well, saying anything and sucking up to get what he wants. Very telling.
- R292 TH stans are obsessed with the image in their head that will go on believing it anyway.
- No wonder the women are in hot pursuit.
- From what I've gathered was that she claims she has never met him,until very recently, she is american, not chinese or australian, and now she has had a few conversations with him already?
Not to mention she is just stating the obvious.
I'd assume she was bored one day or she is insane and jumped on the first flight to either China or Australia and had these several conversations over the past days.
- Link to that r278?
Anyway, her previous posts make her sound like a jilted fangirl.
Maybe he didn't turn her down politely?
- Although that "Ok. Guys… Time zone issues"
Is she really insane and changed continent that fast? I still think having several conversations in the time of 2 days is a bit of a stretch
- R295 Exactly. I posted this on the other thread (which disappeared) so I'm going to say it again here: he's a human being, and makes mistakes and has his issues like the rest of us. His stans -especially the younger ones - will be in for a shock if any real juice comes out about him.
EXACTLY. His fans have bought this perfect-English-gentleman-who-speaks-poetry-in-6-languages image. "Perfect" is a word they use often when gushing about him- because THAT is the image he has cultivated for himself. Unfortunately, he appears to be what he seems to be- add old money/privilege + Old Etonian + needy, self-absorbed actor- and you get who this guy really is. Miss Thing's words are not surprising to most people who even know who he is. THAT is who he is.
This perfect, polite, interested character is just that- a carefully crafted mask for the fangurls. And he loves it. I'm mildly sorry that most of them believe he has even a whisper of interest in them. He doesn't.
THAT is what Miss Thing was saying, which most of us knew already.
- I just like that those stans think that he was ashamed with himself when he was checking out that interviewer. No, he was fucking proud of it. He probably thought it was going to get cut but the producers saw an opportunity and they took it.
- I don't think any adult with two working brain cells really believes that Hiddleston IS the image he projects. Sure he hooks up and based on his redacted MySpace account he can be pervy.
But good for him for being nice to fans whether at a promotional event or just out in public. Some actors/celebrities are notorious a**hats as are some fans.
- R298, try this link. There are two parts.
- R301 And he doesn't speak 6 languages FFS! He does have a good ear, I'll give him that. He appears to have conversational French, Spanish, and maybe some Italian. Honestly, in Europe this is not unusual - well educated Brits can speak several languages, particularly if they've had the high level of education he's had.
It mentioned in the GQ interview he studied Greek and Latin at school - but as they're both dead languages you're said to "read", not speak them. He studied Classics at Cambridge so obviously learnt Greek tragedies and can still recite them.
He is obviously good at languages, music to a certain extent, and a great dancer, and he is a born performer. But these things do not make him perfect.
- This fantasy if him being sweet and romantic and falling in love with them is absurd. He will merely whisper a few sweet words and bang you and leave. But fall in love and marry you. No.
- Exactly this R305! This idea annoys me.
- Whose favourite flower is Bougainvillea? Fucking Bougainvillea? By the way he only has conversational French and basic Spanish, not fluent in either of them but he has a good ear so has decent accents in both, definitely doesn't speak Italian. Ancient Greek & Latin are academic languages so unless somebody invents a time machine soon Thomas is bilingual at most.
- His French is not bad, but not perfect. From what I saw on TV his Spanish is almost non-existent, some remnants from school years. He knows Latin and ancient Greek, but they’re both dead. So basically he speaks only French. I think, he exaggerates a bit when he says he “speaks European languages”.
- R309 He appears to have a tendency to exaggerate, and for that reason I'm not believing the hype of his pr any more.
- R308 I think he was just showing off that he could spell Bougainvillea.
- R311 I have bougainvillea all over my balcony and I don't know how to spell it, be proud Thomas you are clearly ahead of us in the evolutionary process.
- R308 Have you met him by any chance?
- R313 The man himself said he couldn't speak any Italian other "volare ooo cantare oooo" several times at premiers and I heard him speak both french and spanish before he started telling everyone he could speak "european languages". No I have not met him. I just find it irritating that he readily jumped on the label multilingual when he clearly isn't and said so himself before fame got to his head.
- that will be *other than*
- We'll get a better chance to see what Hiddleston's made of when National Theatre Live starts taking his "Coriolanus" on world tour next winter. The National Theatre Live's showings of "Frankenstein" are what really made Cumbermania happen, at least in the U.S. I saw both versions of "Frankenstein" back to back the summer before last with audiences packed with thrilled young women in Sherlock-looped scarves. They were clearly all ready to squee over Sherlock on the big screen, but what they got was a double-barrelled bravura performance by a first-rate actor in a highly sophisticated but very accessible vehicle. Me, I'm just trusting that Hiddleston's Coriolanus will turn out more on the level of Alan Howard's (yay) rather than Ralph Fiennes' (bleah.)
- Hi Guys! Classics major here!
Yes I have majored in Classics, Latin and Greek, at an Ivy League school. It was enormous fun, but let's get some perspective here: unless you are someone who cannot imagine ever learning another language, it is not rocket science.
People especially tend to be overly impressed with Greek because (OMG!) it's a different alphabet, but that takes only a couple of days to learn. It's actually not a difficult language. Majoring in Classics really is no different from being an English major.
Here's my evaluation of TH's command on languages, based upon what I have actually heard:
French: High school level. Clearly he took French at Eton. Conversational, not bad, but far, far from proficient.
Spanish: Really lame. a bit better than courtesy level, but not much. The interview I saw where he spoke Spanish was filled with mistakes, but let's face it, people tend to be very generous if you make any effort to learn their language.
Italian: he memorized some phrases from a guidebook and mispronounced a lot. Courtesy level.
Chinese: Memorized a couple of basic phrases. Not even courtesy level. But once again, in a place like China, even the effort to learn how to say "hello" will be given a lot of credit.
In other words: no children, he is not multi-lingual. Far from it. Yes, he is very willing to let people give him credit for being so. I saw an interview where the reporter fawned all over him "Wow, you are well known for being incredibly smart, aren't you?" and I found him to be embarrassing.
Smart? My closest friend from college has an MD and a Ph.D in biochemistry and has done groundbreaking research in AIDS. That, AND she's actually fluent in four languages (meaning she can study medicine and follow research in those languages). THAT is smart.
TH is just a pretentious twit.
- Regarding Miss Thing on CB:
I have no idea what her contact has actually been. I guess she could just be a bitter ex-fan. It is also possible that she met him and was shocked as what a silly asshole he actually was. Who knows? She could have a lot of tea to spill, an interesting story to tell, but if everyone jumps all over her and calls her names and assumes the worst, why would she want to take it further?
What sticks with me is that he sounds like a jerk who cannot keep anything in his pants and feels entitled to whatever he wants: "If you have a pulse and you're not ugly, your chances are good." That sounds like asshole to me, and I speak as someone who has had plenty of fuck buddies.
- The problem is MissThing has posted plenty of times before and barely alluded to any assholery before, so why suddenly bring it up now with so much vitriol and certainty?
We've seen so many people swoop in and say they have amazing world changing tea to spill but they can't tell anyone because their 'friend' will be upset. And people are smarter about it now, so you'll have to give more than that if you want to be believed. Personal details about yourself are not necessary but being vague will just make people think you're a troll from here.
- The "if you have a pulse and you're not ugly, your chances are good" was a statement made by MissThang over on CB, not something that TH actually said. MissThang's credibility has been pretty much shot down now anyway, so I wouldn't base any of judgements on what she's said.
- "The problem is MissThing has posted plenty of times before and barely alluded to any assholery before, so why suddenly bring it up now with so much vitriol and certainty?"
A: She finally met him. He rejected her and she is out for revenge. Revenge!
B: She finally met him. He didn't reject her, but was a total jerk, and it was really clear he would sleep with anyone who was available.
Anything is possible. Most likely a combination of both. I am fully capable of believing that he is a jerk with women and feels highly entitled to get off at everyone's else's expense, mainly because this kind of assholery is so common is show biz. So much so, I am always surprised when anyone expects anything to be different.
In other words, I have no problem believing that she was a horny and starry-eyed fan expecting the wrong things. I also have no problem believing that he was a total creep to her and to others. She might be flawed, but this does not prove that she is lying.
- Now she came on CB and recanted. Admitting she is a bitter fan girl and troll.
I smell her setting bait to see who bites. By admitting she is a fake, and pulling back so quickly, some may think she has the real goods. Clever little girl. Typical troll.
TH could be an a hole, he could be a player, he could just be a spoiled little rich boy.
Whatever he is, his latest comments about young fans and lying make me wonder what else will jump out of his well bred mouth.
- R322 Something tells me you didn't catch the sarcasm that was as clear as day in her comment.
- R322 That was sarcastic. But if she isn't going to say more then it's fair to give her a troll label since she hasn't clarified anything and it doesn't add up.
- I went and looked. And yeah, I agree, she is being sarcastic and is probably just tired of the fangirls who are pissing all over her and accusing her of acting in bad faith.
For those who are wondering why people who have tea to spill keep it to themselves instead of spilling it, look no farther than this.
- I hope the movie is good and true to the old Walt Simonson story that it is based on. Malekith and Algrim/Kurse are fucking BADass villains and I hope they don't get their sharp edges dulled down.
- Her description of him actually describes a lot of male actors.
- If I had tea I really wanted to spill, or a good reason to make it known that someone was a jerk/womanizer/whatever, I would just do it regardless of the reaction I got. Not tease people with "hey I have soooo much good dirt on this guy" and then wait until everyone starts getting pissy and then tell them to forget it.
- Nothing adds up though, unless she lives in Australia/China and met him how would she have changed her opinion in two days?
Either her dreams came true and she slept with him but he was an asshole about it. That's the only plausible explanation. The true definition of a fangirl scorned.
Only problem in the past she has stated how unlikely it would be for her to meet him...so what the hell has happened in the last week?
- She doesn't have any dirt. *sigh* I like good tea but this isn't it.
- R265 stop being naive and look at the website. Each publicist is assigned a number of celebs to work on. Hence Luke is solely responsible for TH.
- Who fucking wears that type of shirt to climb the Great Wall? And yeah I totally believe your favourite Chinese film is 花樣年華. I totally believe you have watched enough Chinese films to form an educated opinion on which is your favourite. Fuck your pandering, you're just appearing faker and faker.
- Carefully researched with Luke, rehearsed and fake through and through, answered via cut and paste. But this is a PR tour remember.
If he were really smart, he might have figured out that naming a film made in Hong Kong might not make the best impression on fans from mainland China. If he were really knowledgable of Chinese film, he might have mentioned 霸王別姬m the only Chinese film to win the Palme d'Or.
Climbing the Great Wall is no great shakes.
This man is a total douchebag.
- R333 lbr he just wants to suck up to Wong Kar Wai to make his next film.
- Luke manages several people for Public Eye, not just TH, though it is clear that TH is one of their major clients. TH pays for this, btw.
One of Luke's main draws is that GQ is one of his major clients. This is the only reason someone as lacking in style as TH could ever do a GQ spread. It also speaks volumes about TH's priorities. Getting into the fashion magazines, and positioning himself for endorsements is clearly one of his primary goals. There is very, very big money in this. No endorsements yet, but you had better believe he is pushing for this.
No9thing that comes from TH is real. It is all PR.
- R334, Bingo.
Anytime TH praises a film director, you can assume he is sucking up. He floundered with Michael Mann. Over and over he raved about Heat, The Last of the Mohicans... and he still got passed over for Cyber. Poor little sausage.
- R335 yeah I was responding to someone who said that Luke isn't the only one responsible for TH's PR but since Luke is the only publicist assigned to TH, he's the only one in Public Eye who's responsible for TH.
- Does he get his Armani suits for free? He seems to have a deal with them.
I absolutely agree he is trying to get himself in a campaign like Eddie Redmayne did Burberry, this tiny little tour is just an exercise in trying to prove Hiddleston is marketable in big markets like China.
Nobody is forcing him to do those wet shirt in a bath photoshoots. He's keen to establisah himself as a model, that much is clear.
- R337 Sorry, I misunderstood.
He is a dreadful model. That GQ shoot is just ugly. And yes, I agree, the China tour is not about Thor, it is all about him. He is milking this machine for all it is worth.
Free stuff comes through the publicists, and some of them push for it. I am sure TH is greedy for the swag. So much for living below the line.
- I wouldn't mind seeing him in a campaign. But that's just me.
- He loves the swag. There have been plenty of pictures of him leaving award shows with bags of freebies, and nearly all of his everyday clothes are Armani, presumably free. You never see him in anything that's not designer gear. Even his thin bad quality t-shirts are Armani.
Imagine how many poor Syrian children could be fed/dressed if he sold off that gear and gave it to his favourite charity, the charity he would do anything to support with his noble golden heart.
- [quote] Loki is the only thing he is really known for. In everything else he has done, he has been fair to middling at best.
Loki was fair to middling too if you are talking about performance. It was a cool, showy role in a genre where fandom tends to be particularly passionate, but I didn't see him actually bringing anything special to the role. His narrow face, lean body and sharp features suited the part, but his actual performance was just competent in my opinion. I was expecting something more considering all the mania around him and the character and was underwhelmed when I got around to seeing Thor. I went on to watch The Avengers because I thought maybe he did a more impressive job there and I just hadn't yet seen the material that had so excited his fans.
It looks like a much different situation than, say, Andrew Scott blowing up with the Moriarty role in Sherlock. That was a fabulous role, but Andrew also brought a lot to it himself as well as impressing with the very well executed switch to an alter ego. He was convincing, inventive with the part and really put a personal stamp on it.
Tom's greatest asset seems to be his publicity and people pleasing skills, but he should watch out about over exposing himself. If he reads stuff about himself online as much as some people here have claimed he should beware that too - backlash hits hard on stars who are buying their own hype and are over connected with public response.
- To be fair, a few months ago he mentioned In The Mood For Love in a list of his 10 favourite love movies.
- Look at this crazy fan LMAO
- The Q&A on Weibo was more fun and interesting than the one on twitter.
- R344 I didn't get how her dinner is related to TH.
- R342 did you happen to watch the deleted scenes from the Thor movie. They cut out a lot of Loki's character development in the actual movie imo.
- People going nuts over him being able to speak Chinese are fucking crazy. For people who are seriously learning Chinese (Mandarin and other dialects), it takes us years and years to be fluent. TH doesn't speak that many languages fluently. Maybe English and French and those classic ones he learnt in his posh school and uni. But not his Chinese. That line he said was horrible and not really even understandable with his heavy-ass English accent all over it. That isn't something to fawn over.
- R346 Outback = Australia; Panda Express = China; and TH is going to Korea next.
- R349 Oh. Dear god.. I don't know what I'd do if I had a child this stupid.
- R350 That is not a child. I think she is a middle aged housewife.
- R343 then he should say "one of my top ten films I've ever watched is 花樣年華". That scores him points with the generally ignorant stans too (yes even his China stans, they're not that different from stans in the US and elsewhere, they won't care that it's a Hong Kong film, other mainland Chinese people might though and see through him immediately). TH is educated, but so, so eager to please, that he's appearing so desperate.
- I'd just to take a moment to giggle that someone asked him about his skincare routine in that Q&A. If it was a sarcastic question, then kudos, but if not...who asks that?
- God, the more I learn about this guy the more I dislike him.
R342 You are right. Only people who care about Loki are fangirls who love any charter like that - emo bad boy with decent looks. TH never received much praise for Loki. Comicbook/geek community doesn't really care and critics didn't go nuts over him either. Compare him to actors who have actually won the love of those two groups: Heath Ledger, Ian McKellen, Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy.
Even Cumberbatch as Khan, a role that was much less complex than Loki got more attention and acclaim.
Basically, it's always telling when an actor only has fans from opposite gender. Pretty good sign their appeal isn't in their talent.
As for the other stuff? Fake, fake, fake. He cares so much about charity and yet only does it when it gives him good PR.
He's multilingual except not. He constantly brings up his posh education and then whines about media being obsessed about it. He pretends to be so smart and philosophical but all he ever does is quote others - has a single original thought or genuine opinion ever come out of his mouth??
He sells himself as a style icon although one look at his style before he got Armani deal or whatever shows he has no style whatsoever. He talks about not being after fame in fame-whoring interviews. He kisses the buttocks of everyone who could help him with his career. He acts like he's a huge film star while nobody on the street would recognize him and he barely even works!
You know, I used to be pretty meh about Hiddleston. But now I'm starting to develop a sort of morbid fascination towards him. He really is something isn't he? Fun to see if his ass kissing ways will ever get him into the true stardom he so DESPERATELY wants.
- This whole speaking a line in the language of the country you're in is really funny in terms of people buying it. I know a singer who used to always have semi convos with his fans during gigs, in every single native language of the country he was in and people started assuming the dude speaks all the languages of the earth.
Truth was, his earpiece was actually connected to someone backstage who would tell him what to say and what to answer and because he had a good ear,he could repeat it perfectly.
I just think that sometimes people exaggerate about how many languages they speak or assume someone speaks
- "My good friend Harry Lloyd is also in Game of Thrones."
I like how he decided not to mention his ex who is also in Game of Thrones
- He is giving piggyback rides again.
- R354 He never brings up his posh education and whines about it. I think you are getting that confused with Cumberbatch. Just because the majority of TH fans are female doesn't mean that they can't see someone with talent. Cumberbatchs' fans are mostly female and he has talent. TH just not has had much of a chance to really test his acting chops. He still hasn't been in this business for long. I thought Tom Hardy's Bane was pretty forgettable.
- R358\tI find Tom Hardy generally forgettable. Maybe I even erase him from memory on purpose. Now that guy is a peasant
- R358 He used to bring up his education all the time. And regularly whined about how he was defined (and judged) by it. Then he got Luke Windsor on board and all that was erased away in favour of modelling, arse-kissing fellow actors and directors, and fanboying about Shakespeare.
Presumably, the early TH is the real one and the current TH is the PR production. He may have changed his views, of course, but that seems less likely.
- R353 and needless to say, that cream is awful in composition.
- What about his answer here
[quote] KarenRonaldo : Have you ever thought of becoming a director yourself?
TH: Of course! This will be soon realized ！
From an April 2012 The Telegraph interview:
"I was meeting LOTS of casting directors and you'd feel the atmosphere change in the room when I said where I went to school."
"It's [Eton] actually one of the most broad-minded places I've ever been."
Of course it is, Tom.
I believe he has had MANY opportunities to "test his acting chops." He has just come up short. He didn't start acting last year. He's just not that good- his range is limited. Posh people with upper-class problems is what he does. That, and Loki- who is just that- a god with daddy issues. Dull, forgettable.
Does he have any films of note coming out next year? Besides a cameo in the Muppets and the Tinkerbell thing? All I saw him do in 2013 was make appearances everywhere, do fashion shoots, and talk about Loki (and himself). Just curious.
- Well he got what he wanted today. Crowds of adoring fans greeting him at the airport.
- Only Lovers Left Alive is not coming out until next spring, so he can say he has a film coming out in 2014. And grab more press opportunities.
- sorry- I meant R358
- OLLA is an indie movie, in most country it won't even reach the cinema.
- R361 That would explain the less than sparkling state of his skin. I would have just assumed he uses nothing by the looks of it
- photos of his arrival in Korea
And another pic of him at the Great Wall
- Video interview in China
[quote] “I think imperfection is perfect, in a way, because I don’t think anyone is perfect. “Nobody’s perfect” is that phrase. I think it’s human to be flawed and I think if you.. if anyone was perfect they might be like a machine. And I think in a way it’s our vulnerability that keeps us connected, and let me tell you, I’m very far from perfect [laughs] I have to wake up in the morning and look myself in the mirror and you know… But I do think, you know, as an ideal, it’s a wonderful thing to strive in life to be the best you can be, and to really strive to be the best version of yourself. I believe very strongly in kindness, in good manners, in treating people with equanimity and a sense of humour and all those things. I’m a very optimistic person. So I’m not perfect, but I’m trying to be.”
- R369 Oh god, now the media is going to spin it in a way that gushes how ~popular~ TH is since many people waited at the airport for him. When truth is this is just a thing in Korea. Just look at all the Kpop "idols" and their airport pictures. It's a thing they do regardless of who the person is. A vaguely known actor/singer is arriving/departing? To the airport! It's yet again another PR opportunity.
- R371 not just in Korea, all over Asia. Generally Asian record companies go as far as announcing on their sites the exact time a band will arrive at the airport so fans will be there (and to hell security). I Imagine they do the same for actors.
- R357 Oh great, it's becoming a habit. Quick, some morbidly obese fangirl ask for it the next time he shows up! He wouldn't dare to say no and I'm sure someone would capture it on video.
R358 As R360 said, he does bring it up. He did it pretty recently when he was being interviewed about Loki - it had a strong vibe of "oh sure I played a comic book character but let's not forget I'm a classically trained actor here!" He also does it indirectly by bringing up Shakespeare when it's completely irrelevant (again, to remind what he has been schooled in) and by pretentiously flaunting his knowledge (like that nerd hq thing where he started speaking french when probably nobody in the room could understand - completely unnecessary and patronizing).
And he has whined about how people focus too much on his background and how posh people get stereotyped - poor rich folks who have to face so much prejudice.
Cumberbatch might be a completely stuck up, privileged twit but the difference is that at least he has some spine and says what he thinks. I don't like him but I can at least respect that. With TH, his spinelessness makes it impossible to do that.
And Cumberbatch gets plenty of hype from men too, male reviewers and male movie goers recognize his talent. Hiddles is all about sex appeal - as an actor, he is mediocre and would never had gotten as far without connections.
R359 Oh I never cared for Hardy and TDKR was a snore fest but the geek crowd liked him for some reason. Thor was not well received among geeks and Hiddlestons Loki is too different from the original for comic fans to like it.
- R369 Dude has long arms
- Seriously,who is putting on that awful foundation on him? It absolutely always looks patchy and too orange, not to mention the neck and face seem like two different entities.
If it's a make-up artist doing it, it's very sad. Someone should realize his face doesn't like that kind of foundation
- R369 how happy the poor bastard looks.. this makes me sad.
- So this is going to be a thing now?
- R375 it's not foundation, it's his skin. It might look more orange&yellow in some pics than in others depending on the flashes and cameras used, since every camera is different. The same happens with his eyes, in some photos they look green in others very blue.
But he needs to change facial cream.
- First in Sydney, then in Beijing, next I'm waiting for the picture of a Korean getting a piggyback ride. We know it's inevitable. But lbr Luke is off-screen foaming at the mouth wishing it was him who's getting the piggyback ride instead.
And all his creepy fans talk about is banging the guy. I mean, endlessly. It's not, "Wow, he was memorably talented in Wallander and The Deep Blue Sea."
It's "I wanna have sex with Loki on Odin's throne, wanna have a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark, wanna tie up Loki and ride him- wearing the horny helmet, wanna kneel in front of him, wanna make him kneel in front of me, I'd hit Loki like a screen door in a hurricane, Loki is a wounded, misunderstood man-child- I could make him good- if I could just have forty straight hours of sex with him- and then make him a vampire/werewolf!!!!"
THAT'S what he's cultivated as an "actor"- a tiny, vocal, rabid fanbase that wants to have sex with him...as his characters. He's NOT a respected actor- he's a piece of meat to his fans. Go read what they write about him. Ick.
Funny, I never hear how talented as actor he is from them. Just- "Let's do it in the barn in front of/with Major Stewart!"
Well done, sir. Your RADA training has certainly paid off.
- This thread is more than halfway full. I propose this as the next thread. Most of the TH-related threads on here are already full lol.
- The old story of him and kenneth. Always amused me
- Does anyone know when he's back in London? I know there's a TDW Q&A on Friday.
- In theory he should be back for the 19th when OLLA will be presented at London Film Festival.
If there's also a TDW the day before then maybe on the 17th.
- R380 Who wouldn't want a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark. Lol
- R383 Why worry? You have a date with him?
- R386 I'm just curious that's all. The LFF has already started and there will be screenings to attend to get the max photo opportunies. I'm sure he won't pass that up if he's in town.
- well this is creepy
- R388 His eyes look into your very soul
You made me spray my tea all over my sceeen. Next time you post something like this please preface it with LAUGH ALERT!!!
And all his creepy fans talk about is banging the guy. I mean, endlessly. It's not, "Wow, he was memorably talented in Wallander and The Deep Blue Sea." It's "I wanna have sex with Loki on Odin's throne, wanna have a threesome with Loki and Tony Stark, wanna tie up Loki and ride him- wearing the horny helmet, wanna kneel in front of him, wanna make him kneel in front of me, I'd hit Loki like a screen door in a hurricane, Loki is a wounded, misunderstood man-child- I could make him good- if I could just have forty straight hours of sex with him- and then make him a vampire/werewolf!!!!"
You nailed it and I'm sore from laughing
- Well his fans are not near the level of crazy as the Supernatural fans. At least not yet.
- R388 I like his face. It's pretty. LOL
- Did that CB girl ever show up again with her bucketload of tea?
- He's s dork, a lot of issue and flaws, he's a bloody idiot and I think he has some anxious problem.Despite that I climb him like a tree
- I think everyone scared her away with a truckload of insults. I have a great idea. Next time someone proclaims they have tea, give them a chance to spill it first. Just a thought. I was hoping to hear more about TH's (predictable) asinine frat boy behavior.
- R395 scared of what? A few letter on a screen?
If she had tea she would have spilled it right away, wtf is "I promised him not to".
- I think if there is tea to spill and someone wants to spill it,they don't need an introduction. Either there was no tea or she never had any intention to spill it.
- People are more likely to answer your questions and tell their stories if you aren't openly ridiculing them with fangirl indignation, casting aspersions on their motives, or calling them a liar before you have even heard what they have to say.
Just a thought.
I suspect that whatever you might think of her, there was some sort of story there.
Maybe it was a dumb story about a fangirl who bought a ticket to Australia, but it might have included some salient details about TH's nasty frat boy habits, which would have been fun to hear.
Seriously, who do you think is going to have such stories to tell if not a deluded groupie? I say next time someone posts that they have tea, ask some kind, leading, and interested questions, pop some popcorn, and give them some space. Is that so hard?
- R398 Well she never came here to spill anything, whatever attacking happened, it was on CB, we were just following the story
- R393 & R398 Sorry what was this about, links?
- R400, scroll back a bit. It is all in this thread, though much of it refers to a thread on CB.
R399, yeah, fair enough. You just want to tell these people put up or shut up. "TH is really a total wanker and a fake" is obvious and no longer news.
What I want to hear are first hand revelations that the Hiddleconda is all stuffing or that Hiddles always travels with a collection of glowing vibrating butt plugs. The fun stuff.
- R401 My friend works in the customs office at Heathrow airport. This is all true. But I can't say any more, Luke W is standing next to me with a taser.
- Thanks R401. And R236 who the fuck is Janine?
Exactly. There are a minor, few nasty posters on CB who clearly worship Hiddleston. ANY mention of him in ANY kind of negative way unleashes their tirades. It's laughable, b/c they fall hook, line, and sinker for ANYTHING that man does (and I mean anything)- yet, one syllable of one opinion that might express dislike of him...well, go read for yourself.
Hey, opinions are fine, and that poster may have had some interesting things to say- but she probably got fed up with the lashing from the crazy fangurls. People don't even respond to them, they are ridiculous, negative shrews.
I would have liked to hear specifics, but his fans will NEVER, EVER let you believe he is anything less than perfect (and then go back to "writing" their Loki porn). Yes, please, give her some space. I'm sure her tea fits right in with what everyone else here has deduced about him.
- Janine is a poster on CB. She reported seeing Tom and JA in a bar on that infamous fri night, but says she has never posted on DL and hadn't heard about the other sighting from here.
- Allegedly someone who lives in NW3 and has met Hiddles a number of times.
R402, so I have heard! Well the whole airport heard. Apparently someone's remote set off the vibrator switch and the whole suitcase was rocking back and forth and pulsing with blue and green lights. He had to unpack it right there in the terminal. Held up the line for an hour.
Luke is offering me a lot of money to shut up about this, but I'm far too altruistic to accept.
- R404: That was basically my point. I mean it might have been uninteresting tea in the end, but give the girl some space and let her say what she has to say.
But yeah, there are serious fangirls not just there but everywhere who will have shrieky meltdowns such as I haven't seen since junior high school if you so much as suggest that he might be an untalented, narcissistic skeeze. A while bunch from Tumblr seem to have invaded CB. For the most part CB is better than this.
- [quote] did you happen to watch the deleted scenes from the Thor movie. They cut out a lot of Loki's character development in the actual movie imo.
No, I didn't, but do those scenes actually provide evidence of Tom's talents or just of the screenwriters' talents? If the scenes provide more character development but Tom still does nothing special with the material then it's no sign at all of him being a better than average actor.
Loki is a showy role. He had plenty of opportunity in the scenes that made it into the movies to make something of the part beyond the work that the writers, costume people and his own looks had done for him. I didn't see him doing that.
- I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been seeing her ever since July. Just because a few fan girls haven't seen them together, doesn't mean they're not together. If someone doesn't want to be seen, then believe me, they won't be seen.
Honestly, with all the comments being made, I'm sure that somewhere along the line she'd drop something about being single just to get everyone off her back. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come to a premiere with him soon, I really wouldn't.
- I wouldn't be surprised either.
It'll be interesting to see if he brings her to the London Thor premier. She's a Marvel fangirl after all.
- If she is still dating him, she has no self-esteem whatsoever.
- R409 That could also mean he is with someone else now. Just because he has not been seen with another woman doesn't mean he is alone or still with JA.
- R410 She is a Hiddles fangirl. LOL
- "so I have heard! Well the whole airport heard. Apparently someone's remote set off the vibrator switch and the whole suitcase was rocking back and forth and pulsing with blue and green lights. He had to unpack it right there in the terminal. Held up the line for an hour."--Bwahahahaha!! Thanks for making my day!
- LMAO SNSDxTH crossover is this real life
- well we know what he will be hitting this week. LOL
- I think it's so funny how pretty much everyone knows where he lives. I feel like knocking at his door and going "They're coming for you!"
Also, Janine doesn't live exactly in NW3, but in the area.Again, if the coincidence is so big and it's not the Janine I know,despite everything pointing to the fact that she is, then my bad.
- R404 I've noticed the general tone on CB appears to be older and some appear to work in the arts/media. There's a poster over there who accuses anyone who mentions THs hook ups as a "DL refugee". They seem to think the comment is posted to provoke a reaction. They really are in denial aren't they?
- They also accuse DL of bringing trolls to CB ruining their board.
R415 3h show with Tiffany about Seoul, lol. She interviewed Brad Pitt as well.
R416 Lol, but according to rumour she has a boyfriend, even if these kpop groups management have strict rules against them having a boyfriends, i.e. they are not allowed.
- Seoul press conference pics
- R398 R404 R407, Oh, please, cry me a river over how the poor little bored troll got called out on her BS, and how those mean fangurls cut everyone down. Well, I've never posted there, just lurked a lot, and I don't fall all over myself for the Hiddleconda, but the posters who tracked her comments were right to call her out. I believe someone even checked the timeline, and it turned out to be less than 12 hours between her saying she'd only get to meet him in her fantasies, and then suddenly having "bucketloads of tea". As they pointed out, even taking timezones into account, she must be very good. Oh, he has issues alright, but so far they are surpassed by those of all the attention whores who keep throwing random shit at gossip boards in a desperate bid to see what sticks.
And can we stop beating the Jane Arthy dead horse? Let it RIP.
- R421 thank you.
- 3 hours program....that a lot of talking!
- And as cringe-worthy the fangurls and hausfraus are, and as laughable and equally sad the trolls are, they aren't half as scary as those so eager to pounce on any shred of rumour, that they went from "frat-boy tendencies" to "rape!" in less than 2 comments. Now, I would pay good honest money for pictures of him with that glowing suitcase, but there's tea, and there's whatever those deranged minds conjure up.
*sniffs, shakes head*
Yep. Thought I'd smelt a fish, turns out it's really a dead skunk.
- Yes, his singing is a bit...
- R424 anyone who depends on "verbs in asterisks" to make a point is a disgrace to society therefore your argument is invalid & I declare your opinion null and void.
- R424 Agreeing with you, but the misogynistic crap is unnecesssary. But what else can you expect from this site.
- R426, Oh dear, here's a stepladder to help you up your horse of hypocrisy.
R424, You're reading "Get off my gay lawn!" wrong.
- Korean press conference.
- Why does he wear what he wears to do what he does
- baggage allowance? just kidding.
HQ photo of Seoul press conference.
- R430 What's the issue? He looks like a happy camper
- Seriously? You wear such clothes to hike? OK
- R428 No I'm not, I'm sorry to break this to you, but there are women on this site, always have been. Set up your own sad old queen site and take refuge there.
- R404 I hope they don't "worship" him. It is kind of dangerous to do that. He is flawed. I think he was trying to say that here in one of his recent interviews. I don't think he is totally faking an act though. It seems it would be too exhasting to do something like that for very long. I think he puts his best self out there and pays attention to what his fans say online so that he can please them.
- R434, Queen I may be (and damn proud of it), and old I may or may not be, but mistaken I am not.
"DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip" It's not about the posters' gender, you see, it's the topic of discussion, built into the very frame of this board. People hijack threads intended for GAY gossip with pointless rehashing of their heterosexual projections which border on fantasy (re the Jane Arthy nonstory), and then get their knickers in a twist when others complain.
- I don't know why people insist he was any kind of serious with JA. It was one picture for god's sake! He was seen previously with Sian Clifford on many occasions. Not just pictures but fans saw them out together a couple of times. Geesh!
- Why they insist now, I don't know and I don't care. But back in July it's because the ElleUK journalist tweeted she was his gf.
And since she is "nothing home to write about", let's move on.
- Not to mention the other "relationship" that seems to have been in between those two according to the new CB troll
- R439 she didn't say that it wasn't JA, not yet.
- R439 It is pretty obvious that he gets around. I don't think he has had an exclusive serious relationship in a long time.
- This is not a promo tour this is a one man show
- Yes, he's single-handedly promoting this film.
Any news on who will be present at Berlin première?
- R441 Since Susannah. I've never seen him looking at any other girl like he looked at her.
Though I've never quite understood what happened with Sian. Best buddy one moment and then nothing.