- Meanwhile, Ripley's Believe It Or Not has contacted Dr. Quartermaine, inquiring about her plastic surgery.
Port Charles residents told Ripley's they did NOT believe her face.....
- I did not spill pickle relish on that DNA sample! Maybe that wanton whore of a mother douched with vinegar and then had intercourse with a cucumber, did ya ever think of that?
- Brad's last name is Cooper?? Really ? Is that an inside joke by RC. Funny.
- Soap Thread! Flames and Freaks!
- General Hospital has always been known for notoriously sloppy lab work and poor security in its labs.
- R3 yeah Ron is so subtle right? at least the title didn't include the word mob in it. Which is GH's past,current and future undoing.
- MASTER CASSADINE TROLL conducting his daily Cassadine1991 fumigation inspection.
- I did it all. And I'd do it again. You can all kiss my ass.
- As much as I like Ron's work overall, I think he's too close, too invested in his storylines to objectively step back and evaluate what's working.
It's easy for a potential headwriter to see what another headwriter is doing wrong because he's got some distance from the material. That's why often a new headwriter can come in, fix the problems and get praised no end. But then a year or so into the the tenure, he no longer has that needed distance and begins to have problems.
Look at Maria Bell's tenure of Y&R -- first year she was praised for fixing all of Lynn Marie Latham's problems, but then did mostly lackluster work for the rest of her time.
Same thing is happening with Ron at GH. First year, he got the show back on track and corrected many of the wrongs of previous regimes. But now, a year into his tenure, he's fucking up, misjudging the audience.
He's so invested in making Franco and Kiki work that he's shoving them down our throats. He can't see that's what killed the show under Guza -- shoving Sonny and Jason at us 5 days a week.
The Brad as a gay sexual predator thing is tasteless, especially coming from a gay headwriter and producer. But Ron and Frank are also the duo responsible for making Dorian pretend to be a lesbian and having a mass gay wedding in Llanview.
I think Ron's very capable and can create great storylines. But right now, he can't see the forest for the trees.
- I don't know how Lisa Lo Cicero is able to sell this insta-reunion with Sonny RC concocted practically last week just to fill time.
But God help me, she is.
- OLTL celebrates its 45th anniversary online. Big TVG article on the stars' favorite moments.
According to Jerry verDorn, Big Daddy Clint is going on a very public rampage very soon.
- The thing is, r9, many fans have seen the ceiling of Ron's talent on OLTL. He has had great heights but he gave up on telling stories about characters long ago. It's all the big plot.
Like this Sonny and Olivia story. Comes out of nowhere and means nothing because we know RC sold Brenda in a big way when she returned a few months ago. But it fills time til the next big moment when they can get Vanessa Marcil back again.
Same thing with AJ, Liz, Nikolas and all that crap. I don't think he's invested in any of it. It is filling time. And meanwhile characters are suffering.
- The mistake was putting Port Charles in the OP.
- Mac arranges a surprise for Felicia on their wedding day.
Sean Donely is the surprise!!!
He walks Felicia down the aisle.
Apparently JR/Sean starts taping next week, but his name is coded on the scripts to keep it under wraps.
- [quote]Mac arranges a surprise for Felicia on their wedding day.
He'll ALSO be wearing a dress!
- Will June Lockhart be appearing?
Dr. Tanya Roskov Jones
- Soap journalist is not a fan of current GH.
- Is "headwriter" really one word like "headmistress"?
- Yes, R18.
- Leslie Charleson is top billed.
Dr. Monica Bard Webber Quartermaine
- GENERAL HOSPITAL
MONICA QUARTERMAINE'S NEW FACE
(now with Splenda)
- I don't believe alexis
- Who did Alexis say was Sam's father?
- She said she didn't know who he was, she doesn't know his name
- Sam's father storyline will have a spin to it. Right now look for the clues such as the new people coming on canvas. There was a casting call for two men in their late 40's (one of them being William DeVry). These new men (one or both) will be Sam's paternal relative(s). If it turns out one of them is a Jerome then that will mean Sam is also a Jerome. If they turn out to be from a different family then that is what she'll be.
- Franco as Jason.
- Sam's father will be Ava, as Ava will be revealed to be transgender.
- Alexis was lying her ass off today. No way she doesn't know his name. Funny thing this makes Sam, Lucas Jones and Kiki all first cousins.
- r25, it's already been spoiled that Sam will be a Jerome. Ava's brother Evan will be her father.
I have a feeling Alexis knows something about the father's identity that she isn't saying.
Years ago, it was established in the story that that father of her illigetimate baby was known to Mikkos, who absolutely did not want this man to have his daughter. RC has either done a rewrite or Alexis is holding something back.
Maura West has chemistry with everyone - except Michael Easton. He isn't doing well at all with this story. The Silas Clay character has been a huge disappointment and bust.
Spinelli's visit to Ava's gallery was a huge waste of time. Time that could have been given to Laura, Scotty, Anna or Duke. Btw, are we ever going to see the continuation of Scotty's visit to Tracy?!
Rafe is a bore. Why the hell are we supposed to care whats going on in his dimwitted boring little mind? More waste of valuable space. And that Ouji Board shit was stupid.
Olivia is a moron; Connie has turned into one as well. Sonny is just a piece of scum.
The only thing I am looking forward to at all is Lesley Webber's run-in with Monica, who apparently will be catching her old nemesis going through Luke's medical records in the file room at GH to find out what he is hiding from her daughter.
- Jamey Giddens is VERY angry that people are offended by Gay Cartoon Brad trying to blackmail a rape victim. "Everyone's been raped! Stop handicapping this genre!"
The rest of his tweets are dedicated to his anal fissures.
- someone said that Sean Kaanan is out
- I've enjoyed SK being back this past year. I really hope it's not true.
- The rumor is that Ron and Frank were banking on keeping Steve Burton. They have a long history of gambling that the right actor will be available or will agree to stay or return even when a big story for them is already in motion. They did it over and over at OLTL with mixed results, and with Julie Marie Berman (original Lulu) in this baby story.
Ron and Frank believed Burton would stay or come back and that they would allow them to do Jason vs. AJ. With Burton on Y&R RC has allegedly lost interest in AJ quickly.
Sadly this is typical of Ron. He's ADD as a writer and often flits from one interest to another, discarding characters and stories at whim. It would be a huge loss to dump SK and AJ.
- Not crazy about AJ in his romantic scenes with Liz, but he shines in his snark fests with Tracy, Carly, Franco, Ava, whoever. He really excels at smirky sarcasm, he gets the tone just right. Or when he's doing his flustered, frustrated, clueless yet entitled frat boy routine.
- This sounds really dumb, but if Sean Kanan is out then I'm done with this show. Not that I'm some huge Sean Kanan fan, but I can't take much more of this madness.
- Kanan can always go back to Y&R or B&B so he'll be fine. I am becoming less enthused with Cartini's GH as the weeks go by. Most of this summer has been a bust. The vets have barely been seen. And with Kelly Sullivan and now Sean Kanan gone I'll probably just stick with AMC and OLTL online.
- GH really is bad right now. I'm assuming they are just in set up mood for their fall stories, but still it is barely watchable.
- Sean Kanan along with Maura West are the bright spots. I love AJ's interactions with Tracy and Michael. I'll be through with this show too.
- Morgan was sporting quite a bulge in his scenes with Ava. Could he have been wearing "push up" underwear?
- ITA r35.
- R36, KKL on B&B doesn't like Kanan (or something) and Y&R is waaaaay too bloated at the moment for Deacon. I don't see him going back to either.
- Monica's face? How about Maura's face? She looks like an experiment for a new facial filler called frozen face!God she's been good but she looks so weird compared to the rest of the actresses on the show.
I like AJ. He's fun without being too camp. He added a dynamic to the show that was sorely missing for years. Ron and FV should keep him. The Bell soaps might take him back,they will take almost anyone back.
- SOAP THREAD
Webmaster, PLEASE eradicate the soap trolls!
- Jack Wagner is very upset on Twitter.
Jack Wagner @JackWagnerhpk 7h
Very disappointed in the powers that b @ GH. The ratings momentum around the 50th was blown, BADLY, sorry GH fans we were misled.
Jack Wagner @JackWagnerhpk 7h
The way Frisco was written out was wrong n out of character,I could hv fuckin screamed n should hv but didn't want 2 make waves. Shame on me
Jack Wagner @JackWagnerhpk 7h
It's my fault, I should hv had some sack n stood up 4 the character n his history but was a total pussy. I apologize GH n Frisco fans my bad
- Well, except for some of his songs, not much of a JW fan but when he's right he's right.
RC and FV fucked it up like I've never seen. They were about to bring back the dead with GH and they blew it.
- This is true. Many of us started watching again and really enjoying it. Wagner and the viewers are really in the same boat. We were all misled.
Unfortunately TPTB will all claim that GH is dying because noblody watches soaps when in fact it's only because they are not produced or written well.
- The show really is bad right now. I would love to hear from someone who is enjoying it. Now they using the Ouija Board to drive stories.
What about Sean Kanan on Days as a guy for Hope.
- I love it. In fact I think I'm ready to give Days another spin. GH has become unwatchable.
- Part of the problem was that Cartini got so wrapped up in the pissing contest with PP. Didn't GH hit over 3 million viewers back in March? They really did blow it big time.
- So much I don't like currently (excessive Franco, too much Kiki and Michael). I like all the actors but give it a break. Some things I am loving: Ava has no problem popping everyone`s bubble with her one liners, anything A.J., and the letch that is Brad. Where the hell are Anna and Duke? Ditto Lucy and Heather.
- Anna is out promoting her movie she directed, that's why she's been absent lately. Luke is getting high with his BF in Amsterdam for his annual vacation
- I'm still disturbed and angry that an openly gat Headwriter (and Executive Producer) would have a story so archaic and homophobic as "Brad" trying to blackmail a heterosexual man into having sex with him. The fact that "Michael" is a rape victim, despite the protestations of Jamie Giddens, really isn't the point.
That said, I did really enjoy the recent "Lesley"/"Monica" storyline. I appreciate Ron Carlivati's respect for the show's history. It's unfortunate he makes such foolish choices along with the really good things he does.
- Giddens and the DC zoo crew will fangurl for anything Ron does and fiercely defend it. But there is a big difference between creating a colorful non-saintly gay character which is what he did with Kyle and Oliver he did on OLTL with KISH and creating two cardboard stereotypes.
Brad is nothing more than a one-note freakshow spouting off lines about how the str8 people make him sick while trying to get a rape victim into bed. That is not how you make a complex or risky gay character, it just plays into ancient stereotypes courtesy of the Westboro Baptist Church. And for them to try and have Felix cover it by saying he never went after a str8 guy when we SAW him pine for Milo for months is laughable. Felix isn't as bad as Brad but they haven't done him any favors as Nurse Sabrina's housemaid.
- Meanwhile over in Llanview, Clint Buchanan is having a no-good very-bad summer.
- R53 why do you think it is that DC Confidential (Jamey Giddens especially) is always kissing Carlivati's ass? You are right on with your post. I just wonder why they don't get it, Jamey is obviously gay himself (I don't know about Luke,) I know he's not too bright-but still. Brad is such an outdated, offensive stereotype, how can he think it's just about Michael's rape. So stupid.
- According to Twitter Ron left a voicemail at the house of some kid whose criticism he didn't like, citing "harassment".
- This is just the beginning of the end. GH has been slated for axing for 2 years. They only brought on RC to bring oldies back to cast to boost ratings on way out and get past big April anniversary. By Sept the axing will be announced and it will be gone by year end. Maybe OWN will pick it up too....but not with the piss ass writing and story lines as is. This was set in stone months ago per my bro who works for ABC. Sorry folks!
- RH is selling it. Emmy Noms fur shure. I bet he wakes from the surgery as robbie Q, puts on a suit and wins carly as they move into super couple status.
- Hey GH Fans! The bro of r57 is right!
ABC has a pipeline of great concept shows to replace GH. They've done a brilliant job of replacing the other soaps.
- ABC has nothing signifigant in the pipeline to replace GH with. They learned their lesson before. FV has the budget way down. ABC can keep the show going with those numbers.
- I do think that Franco will become a more likeable character in he near future, but the hair has to go. Silas is becoming more likable and soon we will see the same couples that they wanted for Sam and Carly.
Kiki is a mystery to me. Was Starr really that popular? She's terrible.
AJ, Tracy and Ava are the only reasons I watch lately. I'm glad there's no Sonny but I wish they would bring back Lucy, Kevin and more of the old gang.
I read somewhere that GH was making money just can't remember where.
- Question to everyone on this thread. Are you a bunch of fat, cottage-cheese stippled sows who have nothing better to do but squat on a gay site to talk about this shit?
Serious replies only.
- [quote] Are you a bunch of fat, cottage-cheese stippled sows who have nothing better to do but squat on a gay site to talk about this shit?
Self-loathing much? That could be you every time you hit "save post," dearie.
- GH is back to being unwatchable. Give it another year and watch it die.
- Trying to make Franco likable is like trying to make Faison likable. It's just not the nature of the character. An even dumber idea is Ron trying to slide his own version of NuJason past viewers in the form of RH and Franco. Silas just for the sake of another run at a stilted ME/KM pairing is no better.
Kristen Alderson as Starr was popular on OLTL as the child of a power couple and a kid fans had watched grow up on screen but she's really an awful actress. FV/RC should have cut her loose when they realized they weren't entitled to the OLTL characters. The other two might have gotten a better reception if they been reintroduced slowly and not as clones of their OLTL characters.
You're right tho that Ron is determined push the OLTL 3 and have the pairings he wants regardless of how they play with viewers.
FV/RC's disregard for GH fans will catch up with them eventually. Sooner rather than later the way things are going.
- I liked Faison. Am I doomed to like Franco?
- R66 No Faison wasn't camp. As campy as he seemed Anders Hove never played Faison for laughs he was dead fucking serious. Roger Howarth on the other hand is always trying to goof/laugh it up with any character he plays.Even when Todd was the main shitheel/bad guy on OLTL. I love the haircut they gave Franco to play Jason! It makes him look so much like Steve Burton...not!
- I thought RH might look hot in Jason's outfit. So much for that.
- The Pellegrino thread has dissapeared again?
- Brad is only a symptom of the much larger problem with GH. I actually like the character, I think he's funny, but that is all GH is these days. Jokes and camp. Camp and jokes. Everything is played for laughs. Roger Howarth is ridiculous.
To me, what makes good camp work, is when the writers are writing it deadly serious and the acting are playing it straight. Take a look at camp classics like Dark Shadows, Santa Barbara and 90s Days of our Lives, they were playing it straight.
- I thought these guys were going back to the basics a few months ago by mixing in the old players with the new. More Qs less mob too. It was working. It's a shame that they strayed.
- Good point r70. The same is true of camp classic movies. Valley of the Dolls, Mommie Dearest, Show Girls, The Bad Seed etc. They all became high camp because they took their drama so seriously.
GH is trying too hard to cut straight to the camp without the needed effort at drama to support it. They seem way too self-aware and self-congratulatory of their own cleverness.
RC seems to live to get on The Soup without having a clue that no one is laughing with him. they're laughing AT him.
- [quote]I thought these guys were going back to the basics a few months ago by mixing in the old players with the new. More Qs less mob too. It was working. It's a shame that they strayed.
I'm hoping this is just a case of the network wanting the teens and young adults front and center during the summer months. Hopefully we'll get back to an umbrella story with the vets in the fall.
- That's exactly what it is, R73. They've done it every year, as long as I can remember. I've always hated it and usually take a little timeout during that phase.
- how do you guys feel about Brad's monologue on Friday?
- I thought Brad's monologue was delivered well, but it was undermined by the fact that it was so utterly predictable. The writers' perception of GH's viewers is insulting and absurd. They really believe they can tell us what to feel about a character, how to perceive a character, how much to be invested in a character, etc. without laying any of the groundwork. It's so stupid.
I did sort of indentify with Brad when he opened up to Felix, that has been my experience with men too. But, again that has more to do with the acting and/or the script/dialogue writing. Ron C. needs to learn to show us-not tell us-what is going on "inside" the characters.
The show is in bad shape.
- I love me some francenjasontoddmanningmorganquartermaine
- @RonC, show don't tell.
- R78, has anyone actually Tweeted Ron C. about the comments/critiques posted here? I've heard he has a pretty thin skin and (like Jamie Giddens) has regular Twitter meltdowns. I don't have, and don't want a Twitter account, so I've never seen it for myself.
- ES returning this fall.
- There's this thread too:
- Was kikistarr on today with numorgans lucious lips. I missed it. Is my francotodd still alive. Was heather on. Damnit.
- Emma Samms (Holly), I presume.
- R81, I'm too late. The thread in your link is already closed. I'm so frustrated. I got a new puter and I lost all my saved DL treads and I'm having a hell of time finding what few GH and OLTL threads are left.
Was that a link to a OLTL or GH thread?
I pay 18 bucks a year and hate that I have to sneak around to talk about what I care about when every stupid thing under the sun can be spoken about openly. We fans here have to stay in the closet. Oh well, I'm grateful for what we're allowed.
- Since soap threads are already on thin ice as it is, it would be best to confine remarks to as few threads as possible. They REALLY don't tolerate multiples. It also increases the odds for complaints to have too many of them on the front page at the same time. By posting links for alternate threads you are actually ensuring their deletion.
- Did that piece bill devry start yet?
- R87, today was his first day.
- Looks like Kimberly McCullough is coming back for September through November to wrap up the Robin story.
Faison will be back for September.
Heather is back for August.
Jerry Jax is back as well.
In a couple of weeks, Connie will die in Sonny's arms. KS filmed her last sceneon July 26th.
Luke and Laura encounter familiar faces on their newdventure. Holly is one of them.
- According to DC, they had originally hoped to get both John Stamos and Demi Moore back for the Nurses Ball - as a duo. They were going to reveal that Blackie Parrish and Jackie Templeton had married. Stamos wanted to appear in a substantial capacity, Moore said no.
They even offered Rumer Willis a bit part to try and convince Demi. For real.
- They had other options R90. Just sayin'.
- the britch and morgan are dating!!!
- How hilarious--he's hitting that hot piece of ass and has to pretend to pine after the piggish Alderson.
- Some of the affiliates are apparently pressuring ABC to take on the new AMC and OLTL syndicated in lieu of Katie.
- [R94] That would be amazing. Where did you hear that?
- Would never happen r94. They bet the farm on Katie. And ABC would never pay a licensing fee for shows they didn't want to air when they owned them 100%.
- Frank and Ron would never allow two substandard shows to be on the same lineup with GH.
- It would be so awesome if the affiliates could pressure the network to license back the two soaps that they canceled. It makes me sick to think of how they let/encouraged Brian Frons to drive them into the ground. We should call/email/tweet our local ABC affiliates and ask them to put AMC & OLTL back into their local lineups!
- AMC is way better than both, and OLTL is better than GH right now.
r96, some (not all) of the affiliates are reportedly bucking them on Katie, and the licensing fees for PP are reportedly lower than Katie.
- I just had an idea about whose baby Britt might be carrying: How about Stavros and Lulu's? Whether or not they consummated their wedding night wouldn't even matter since Lulu can't carry a pregnancy anyway, but her eggs were available in the GH lab and could have been swiped and combined with Stavros' sperm. It makes sense because Faison and Helena were long-time partners in crime and Obrecht would be acting on their orders. If the rumored baby switch happens, Lulu will then be presented with her and Stavros' child to raise, and once again Helena gets her revenge against the Spencers from beyond the grave.
- I've been hearing for months that Britt is carrying Lulu and Dante's baby.
Lulu and Stavros's spawn would be a wild twist, though. So long as he didn't rape her. I can't see the Cassadine endgame to have Britt carrying a Spencer-Corinthos spawn, unless they intend to take the baby and raise it as a Cassadine as some sort of vindictive revenge. But Helena was obsessed with the purity of their bloodline - I don't think she'd ever have allowed that. Even Emily Quartermaine wasn't good enough for Nikolas.
- Michael Logan let it slip in his interview with Eileen Davidson (who is leaving Days) that JFP lets Steve Burton off 20 days a month at Y&R!!!
- I still can't figure out what's behind the scheme to have Britt land Patrick. What could be so fucking important about that? Just to torture Robin upon her eventual release? Seems pretty petty to warrant all these diabolical machinations. For a while there was a baby rumor out there that Britch's fetus is really Patrick and Robins, and I couldn't fathom a purpose for that, either. Unless they had something horrible in store for Emma and needed an exact dna match?
- I always assumed that Britt would be eventually redeemed. There have been scenes where they seemed to indicate that she felt bad about the bad things she's done and the way that people don't like her. This is sort of what they did with Brad last week. It wouldn't be too hard to blame her "bad streak" on her parents.
- AMC and OLTL are finishing "Season 1" at the end of August and going on a hiatus from releasing new eps. But AMC will be back in production in a few weeks and OLTL goes back into production in September.
They're likely going to a "season" release sched from now on, with 20-30 episodes released at a time per show like the telenovelas. They also are allegedly negotiating with ABC.
OLTL has a big return coming for its season finale on Aug. 19.
- R102 Thanks for the bad news. I went to the local glory hole stablishment and sucked/swallowed 4 cocks! I'm inconsolable.Days is now beating GH why the fuck would Corday let ED leave?
- Ron Carlivati is a moron.
- ED wanted to leave. I think she sees the character getting boxed in and not being sustainable after all the stunts she has pulled.
- I know this is a minor quibble, but does anyone else miss popular music playing in the background on network soaps? When Morgan, Michael and Kickme were in Kelly's yesterday, I kept thinking that the background music was horrid, they should be playing something current and popular.
- R109 I think the networks aren't doing that for a few reasons.
One, everyone's on a budget.
And two, it fucks with any kind of replay rights years down the road.
- OLTL has a big shocker coming in the next 2 weeks that puts the Julian Jerome reveal to shame.
- Larry Wolek is now a big-ass pimp daddy running a local stable of whores, with Wanda as their lovable madame?
- No that Eileen Davidson is really Larry Wollek? Y'all know that ED is a man don't you now?;)
- William DeVry is so damn hot. He seems to get hotter and hotter, too.
He seems like he's Sam's contemporary, not Alexis', though. I know soaps don't do too well by age rules (Cassie on Y&R would be 33 if Summer were indeed 18, for instance), but when you introduce a character, it needs to make some sort of sense.
- What is the big OLTL shocker? Is it a return from the dead character? Or a former villain?
- Wil deVry is 7 years older than Kelly Monaco and 13 years younger than Nancy Lee Grahn. I hope they play up that Alexis is a pedophile. Since she got knocked up at 16, she was fucking a 3 year old!
This seems like a major stroke to both Monaco's and NLG's egos...
- I think Julian Jerome had plastic surgery; hence, he looks younger than his contemporaries.
Nice to finally see this Jerome angle being played out with Anna and Duke in action. They, along with Lucy, Scotty, Kevin, Luke, and Holly, made a fun show today.
But I'm wondering ... would they actually make Ava the child Anna thought she had miscarried? This show has been doing some wild things lately; I wouldn't put it past them.
Sonny is still a bore
- Are we sure he is Sam's father and not her brother?
- Emma Samms looked awful, but then again, so do most women in their 50s.
- I was worried a bit about Denise Alexander. I was so happy to see her but it seemed she had mobility issues. I have to admit I wondered if she was wearing a wig, too.
- [quote]What is the big OLTL shocker? Is it a return from the dead character? Or a former villain?
There is a big return for the Season 1 finale on August 19
The big twist is in the next 2 weeks and involves an ongoing story and a regular character on the canvas.
- I've seen one thing online involving Jeffrey, but am wondering how that leads to the finale.
- what about Jeffery? and I bet David will find out he's at least Bi
- That is exactly what they're doing. Ava is the child of Anna and Duke. They are going with a Julian and Lulu romance. Lucas shows up in 2014.
- Lucas is not coming back. That's a rumor.
- WHEN would Anna have conceived Maura West?
- Finola Hughes is a bit older than Maura West, but can she really be THAT much older? I can't see Anna as Ava's mother!
- [quote]Emma Samms looked awful, but then again, so do most women in their 50s.[quote]
It was those eyelashes. It looked like she had caterpillars on her eyes.
- Finola was born in 1959
Maura was born in 1972
More than enough gap.
- There ARE plans to bring Lucas back in September as a new doctor at the hospital- and part of a triangle with Felix and Brad. His biological father is back, he has a new sister in store for him, and no one is in the closet in PC anymore.
Those Ava and Duke scenes at the Q house on Thursday were GOLD! Absolutely brilliant. West and Buchanan look beautiful together, and they really knew exactly how to film those scenes. It really was the first time since IB's return that he reminded me of the old Duke. Maura West brings out the best in everybody - except Michael Easton. That's his fault - not hers.
When Ava flinched when Duke mentioned the Jeromes murdered his unborn child, I knew then and there that Anna is getting a granddaughter named Kiki in the near future.
- That would be a bit of a stretch to make Ava Anna and Duke's child.
Anna and Duke were together well after Robert and Anna conceived Robin, and even if Maura can believably play younger than her 41 years (she's lovely, and maybe she could), it would be very hard to believe her as the *younger by several years* sister of Robin Scorpio.
If Ava's 'rents were Anna and someone pre-Robert or Duke? That might work.
- Ron C is already attacking fans on twitter who think Bill Devry is too young to play Julian (and making catty comments about the new OLTL EP's radio interview)
Outcry about Ava's age might send him into the streets with a bottle of Spumante.
- Ron C is such an asshole. I can't believe ABC hasn't shut down his Twitter account yet. He's going to overstep one of these days and it's going to blow up on him.
- I don't think Ava is Anna and Duke's daughter, I don't think they will go the Days route. Did the Jerome's steal Ava(if she were Anna and Duke's)
- When did they steal her, r134? 1969? Anna and Duke didn't even meet til 1986.
- That's what I'm saying, If Ava is Anna and Duke's dead child, how did she end up a Jerome?
- Could Ava be the daughter of Olivia Jerome and Duke?
- The likelier stolen Anna/ Duke child is Britt. Ava is too old, Britt is the right age for being their kid stolen by Faison.
- Was the baby still born or miscarried? Please Ron, don't go the swamp baby road!
- The age of the actors doesn't mean anything, as doesn't actual chronology in a soap history. Writers play around with timeframe all the time. B&B does both all the time.
Since the Jeromes are all "dead" and Ava has never been mentioned before, it makes sense that she could be Anna and Duke's daughter if Olivia stole the child and Julian raised it as a "sister". But despite the appropriate age difference between Hughes and West, I agree it's hard to imagine West as Hughes' daughter, especially since she would have to be younger than Robin. However, Ava as Duke's daughter works very well - I could buy IB being West's father. They look wonderful together.
There is something that hasn't been suggested: perhaps Ava is Olivia Jerome, via plastic surgery like her brother.
- I had stopped watching before the whole Port Chuck mob scene thing and only recently started watching again thanks to the hype about vets returning for the anniversary (and the ability to watch on demand).
The guy playing Sonny really is a horrible actor; he seems to mess up nearly every line and may be suffering early onset dementia. I half expect him to ask "what's your name again?" to pretty much any character he's in a scene with.
What's keeping me watching for now? Anna, Tracy, Lucy's craziness, the promise of the return of Robert Scorpio, and the hope of more Heather Webber secrets revealed. Oh, and Ava and Duke.
- I wonder if RC and FV actually understand how many fans want a real return of Robert Scorpio. I don't care if TR gives them a bad time. They need to put on their professional pants and give fans their Scorpio back. I know the women like him, but guys get a big kick out of him. Luke seems to be wearing thin.
- Tony Geary is top billed on GH
- [quote]The guy playing Sonny really is a horrible actor; he seems to mess up nearly every line and may be suffering early onset dementia.
He's bipolar and is on meds. I don't know anything about pharmacology or those particular meds, but I wonder if this could be the result of taking them long-term. When you take away those extreme highs and lows, maybe this is what's left.
- Well if the baby isn't Ava, then there is a baby out there. You don't mention a dead baby twice on a soap without there being something to it. And Ava's reaction to Duke mentioning the dead baby is also a clue. Kimberly McCullough is 35, Ava is 40. That is apples an oranges age wise, especially on a soap.
For instance lets assume that AJ, Jason, Franco, Robin, Carly, Brenda, Jax and Sonny are all contemporaries. Throwing Ava into that group as Robin's younger sister is no biggie. And GH has a history of doing that shit, look at Olivia and Dante. Lisa LoCicero is 43. Dominic Zamprogna is 34.
And how else do you explain Ava? Ava is Anna and Duke's dead baby. I'll blow everyone on this thread if I'm wrong.
- If Leslie Charleson was never taken off contract it would be
Dr. Monica Quartermaine
- From the GH wiki:
"It is unclear if Olivia is also alive using the nickname Ava or is actually dead and Ava is a previously unknown sister to Olivia."
"Olivia was almost killed by Dino, but she survived and suffered a severe brain injury and had to be institutionalized."
Let me guess- she was rehabilitated at the Swiss Miracle Clinic where she was the recipient of the world's first and only successful brain transplant! Yippee!
- The Jerome angle is an utter bore. Who the fuck cares about them save Ava. It's like giving a preening swan(Ms Maura West) a bunch of ugly ducklings to work with. Ava was working no need to bring yet another mob family on GH. Change the name of the show to Mobster Hospital while you're at it.....
- So many fans were sick to death of the mob related stories that had overtaken the show for years that it was a relief when they put Sonny & crew on the back burner. FV & RC acknowledged this and steered clear of those storylines. Now, they are resurrecting the Jerome family and are going to tie Alexis & Sam into it all by having Julian be Sam's father? Way to give the entire show cement shoes, guys.
- r145, I don't think you should make that bet. I don't even watch GH anymore but I think you're missing the bigger soap twist.
Ava and the new guy refer to each other as brother and sister. What if Ava was Olivia with a reconstructed face? And what if the reason she was reacting to Duke's story was because she/Olivia took Duke and Anna's unborn baby and no one knows it.
That would make Kiki the daughter of Duke and Anna. (The horror of it makes me laugh.)
Down the road, as they play Michael and Kiki as star-crossed lovers, their families (the mob vs. the law) can war around them.
- I don't think Duke is long for this world
- Maura isn't on contract, it is possible that they are setting up a who shot Ava story.
- Michael and Kiki are already star-crossed lovers as they are from mob families at war.
Bobbie and Lucas will probably the next in town as Lucas' bio father is back and Sam has a new half-brother.
- [quote]Michael and Kiki are already star-crossed lovers as they are from mob families at war.
It would be wonderful if GH writes them a Romeo and Juliet story in which both of them die.
- Carlivati is having a lost weekend on twitter. Dissing fans, execs, OLTL, even his supporters.
- Ron Carlivati @carlivatiron 3h
Wow, there are some angry little monkeys out there in cyberspace.
- Poster #20 - Patsy Rahn??? OMG - yes - I am one of the other few people who remembers the ORIGINAL Monica Quatermaine! - (although she was married to Jeff Webber then)...I hope you're doing well, Patsy! lol
- Twitter really should be outlawed. No good comes from Twitter.
- GENERAL HOSPITAL
LADY ANTOINETTE GEARY
Lucas Lorenzo Spencer
There, fixed that for you.
- [quote] Wow, there are some angry little monkeys out there in cyberspace.
Translation: I can't write even a reasonably-lengthed story arc to save my life, and I've never met a female character who I didn't want to cheapen, diminish and make fun of with my quirky, crazy Almodovar-esque mental illness stories!
(Except Pedro can tell a story, and alas, I can only pretend to fashion one.)
- R159 Deary you are a cuntbag. He is not a Lady he has a three piece set and is a man. FYI his name is Anthony Geary. He might suck cock and swallow BUT that doesn't make him a lady. A queen perhaps but not a lady...;)
- Yeah, I'm with you, R161. I've never gotten the humor of gay men dissing other gay men by calling them Lady or Queen. It denigrates Geary's manhood. I am absolutely not a Luke fan (haven't been since Lucky was really young) and I think Geary's a ham who takes himself too seriously, but he's a man and should be respected as such. (I would say the same for the dissing of lesbians and calling them men).
Why do gay men like R159 hate other gay men so much?
- R161 and R162 - pearl clutching concern trolls.
- Oh my STARS!
- I don't have concern, R159/R163. I just think you're a shallow POS who doesn't have a developed sense of humor...if you did, you wouldn't have to resort to middle school-level humor. And again, being a man, I don't wear pearls.
You're a homophobe...and the worst kind, too. A gay homophobe. Think of something funny that doesn't denigrate gay men, please. Crawl out of the shallow end of the DL pool.
- Blah blah blah, R165.
I reference him as Lady Geary not of my own creation, but because people I know who have worked with him or interviewed him do as well - he has a rep as a diva.
And please do not, in any way, shape or form, speak to me about phobias and denigration, when you diminish a woman by thinking referring to a man jokingly as one makes him "less than."
If you'd like to call out someone's internalized issues, please try standing in front of a fucking mirror first.
- R163 You're still a cuntbag no matter what you say! Geary is not some stereotypical queen. He might be a divo but since he has a cock he's a he not a she! I would get it if you called Liberace an empress or some other campy thing a name BUT Tony Geary? Luke Spencer might be a cunt BUT he's our cunt!;)
- I don't denigrate women either. I think referring to them in masculine terms is a denigration and stated so. What about "pearl clutching" is in any way respecting gay men (or women for that matter? I don't see too many women -- straight or gay -- who are pearl clutchers, but when we want to denigrate men on DL, we compare them to the mystical female pearl clutcher).
What about homophobia do you not understand? Respecting people for both their gender and their sexuality are not "internalized issues." It's called being an adult. Why are you so upset? I was having a conversation, not an argument.
- Girls! Girls! Youre both cunts ...lets get back to the fictional doings of Port Chuck.
- Carolyn Hinsey is posting here??!!???
- Not the thread to discuss all that, guys. Take it somewhere else.
- Lady Geary is a Bottom.
- John Reilly is back on Aug 15, 19 and 20th for Mac and Felicia's wedding, which will be the event for Maxie going into labour, Dr. Obrecht trying to kill Anna, and Richard Simmons crashing the party to clash with Lucy Coe again.
Luke, Laura, and Holly (and someone else) meet up with another familiar face on their adventure as they track Jerry Jax down.
Connie dies in Sonny's arms and AJ becomes the prime suspect in her murder (This has not been set up well, as Sonny and AJ's feud has long been shelved, AJ has had at least a couple of scenes with Connie months and months ago, and it all smacks of convenient plot-derived storytelling).
More of Dr. Obrecht's past and who she really is is revealed.
- Dd anna have a miscarriage? If so why bring on a new character. If she gave birth and they said the kid died i could believe it. Its prob brit or brina.
- Ron should not have such a thin skin. GH onliners have historically been vicious.
- I totally agree with R161, R162, R165, R167, R168 and I think it sucks the way everyone, especially gay men, is so vicious towards Ron Carlivati. I really enjoy the soap threads on DL, they are usually so much more intelligent than the soap discussions elsewhere online. But, this gay-on-gay meanness and homophobia (referring to a gay man as female is one of the lowest forms of homophobia) is driving me away from this site.
As an openly gay man I have never been insulted so much or treated as cruelly by even the most bigoted straight people as I have been by other gay men. That's why I pretty much quit Twitter. What is your problem R159, R164, R166 why would you use the same playground taunts most of us had to deal with growing up on adult gay men on this site? Do you really feel good about silencing gay men by teasing them this way. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I hope everyone F&F's your homophobic insults.
- I don't think the person is gay that's making the bigoted remarks about Geary.
I think it's a lurking hausfrau.
- R176 That's a crock of bull. RC has been doing some sorry and shitty storytelling lately so he deserves all the derision he gets. Who gives a shit if he try-sexual it's irrelevant. I can say one thing Ron took a pretty good anniversary run and turned it into a massive pile of doggie doo.
R177 That cunt is a male queen darling. He gets his kicks from calling Anthony, Antoinette, Ms and Lady etc so on. That's how that doddering old queen get it's jollies by feminizing a gay male. Not Rip Taylor mind you but someone who defies the stereotype.
- I don't refer to men with feminine titles, pronouns or names.
Ron Carlivati sucks as a headwriter and Frank Valentini sucks as an executive producer.
- I was referring to R159. She/he/it was feminizing Tony Geary and trying to make him into a she.
- I disagree r176. I haven't seen RC bashed in the usual thinly (or not so thinly) veiled phobe type ways as much as general dismay on the part of fans at his general lack of understanding or respect for what I'll call Soaps 101.
Yes, soap are and always have been ridiculously campy. That's part of their charm. But RC takes it to new levels that almost seem deliberately calculated to piss off the audience. Then when he doesn't get the kudos he expects for his wit he gets nasty.
Dude seriously needs to step away from Twitter. Calling out fans as "angry little monkeys" for questioning his brilliance and then tweeting passive/aggressive pics of his "sucks to be you" holiday really is pretty bitchy.
Sorry but if the shoe fits...
- I thinks it's almost established that Kiki will be the daughter of Silas.
established? It's already been revealed!
- Does anyone know who owns what amount of stock in ELQ, and how the shares will be re-divided once Kiki is revealed to be Silas' daughter? I watch GH regularly, but I can't keep it straight. I was surprised Alice owns 5% and Lucy owns 1%.
- Ron started it this time by attacking the OLTL producer Jennifer Pepperman. She had been interviewed by a soap journalist about the after effects of the ABC/PP conflict and how they hadn't been able to have Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson appear on the OLTL launch as planned and how it had caused eleventh hour rewrites.
She didn't say anything but Ron retweeted the journalist's tweet about the intv and announced that Pepperman was "woefully ill informed" and then told off fans who blasted him for not having once complimented OLTL or its stars publicly about its return.
- Ron wants to be loved and adored. He's not, except by overweight soap bloggers, so he lashes out in disrespectful ways. Most soap writers don't engage fans, except in the most innocuous ways. He doesn't understand why fans aren't licking his taint and asking for more.
Historically, soap camp works when everyone is playing it straight. The campiest moments in the history of soap opera have come when the actors and writers were deadly serious. Go to Youtube and watch some of those scenes between Jeanne Cooper and Brenda Dickson. That is camp.
Ron did a great job of bringing balance to GH, he even did a great job of working the three OLTL actors into the GH canvas. His first mistake was the vampire storyline. Then he completely went off the rails by turning the canvas upside down to keep Howarth, Alderson and Easton on GH.
- NLG just had a total meltdown on twitter tonight. (Make sure you click "all" if you want to read.)
Apparently the 15 year old actress that plays her daughter Molly - was in a soap magazine, pictured in a bikini. Not sexy pose, just her with a group of friends -in a bikini.
NLG goes ballastic with the actress and calls out the parents - with wtf's, etc.
- NLG is exactly why Twitter should be outlawed. This woman tweets the first thought that comes in her head, and shouldn't. She hasn't learned her lesson yet, what with her stumbles with Vera Wang and Jack Wagner. She needs some restraint.
It wasn't private pics of Haley and her friends. It was a professional beach photoshoot of the actors who play Rafe/TJ/Taylor/Molly on GH.
Haley looked grossly out of place.
Nancy may have been upset by it but why not address it personally to Haley or her parents ? Going off on Twitter is not the way to handle it.
- I hate seeing people I admire like NLG and Ron C. keep having Twitter meltdowns. I hate Twitter. It makes people crazy.
- r174, Olivia Jerome, obsessed with Duke Lavery, became unhinged in her quest for power to take over the family business, and decided to kill Duke when he rejected her one too many times. She had an elevator rigged to crash with Duke as the intended victim, but Anna ended up being the victim instead and lost her and Duke's unborn child as a result. Anna went beserk and threatened to kill Olivia. Olivia was shot and Anna was charged with the crime. The real would-be-killer was revealed to be Olivia's half-brother Dino.
- Don't fuck with Anna:
- Chad Duell's porno cock may have some competition. There is something huge swinging in the Triscuit's gym shorts on Monday's OLTL. I rarely notice but it nearly took my eye out.
- The show is so much better with Franco off screen recovering from surgery.
I definitely agree that the two mentions in two days of Duke and Anna's baby lost to the Jeromes is significant. Don't think they could pull off Ava being Anna's child, not with Robin looking so much younger than Ava. I'm not putting it past them to try that either. But perhaps Kiki is really Anna's child.
- Anna was 4 mnths preggo when she miscarried. There is no way her fetus was stolen. Wo took it. Monica? Tony? That story would be as bad as frankentodd and kikistarr.
- It's obvious they plan to do something with their unborn child. The dialogue was so stilted.
I had heard in the past that last fall Ron had planned to make Sabrina Anna's long lost child but scrapped it. That would be horrible and stupid but it wouldn't be as ridiculous as her having given birth to Maura frickin West.
- She miscarried the baby, the fetus was then implanted into the Dr. Olbrecht who carried the child to term and now we have Britt!!!!
- I was thinking that the mentions of the dead baby was to catch people up on some of the evil things the Jeromes did, nothing more
- Did they learn nothing from Erica's unaborted fetus? Back from the dead should be used sparingly, back from the dead fetuses, should never be used. Plus people don't like it when long established history is tinkered with, esp. if it is an event that had a long lasting effect on a character and became integral to her history. Rarely is the story done well enough to justify the disrespect to the character's history.
- R188, she drunk-tweets. She either needs to quit drinking or tweeting.
She may be right about Haley Pullos, who has been photographed over the past year or so dressed in clothes that are not age-appropriate (the bikini photo may have been the last straw for NLG). Apparently HP believes she's older than she is because she works with adults, and her parents let her dress however she wants.
Ron Carlivati is another story. Apparently he's much too thin-skinned to have a job where he's going to be criticized.
Rumors are afloat that ABC and PP have reached an agreement wherein Time Square Studios will be offering AMC/OLTL syndication packages to affiliates beginning in early 2014
- I hope it's true, R201.
- The warped-speed storytelling based on wild and implausible coincidences help to destroy this show's already-delicate credibility. Sam turning to fresh newcomer Derek for help to save her child, demanding: "Do you have any children?!" Across town, Kate finds Kiki's birth certificate within seconds of rummaging through Ava's bedroom (but an off-kilter picture on the wall makes it look like she really worked hard). Meanwhile, Holly and Luke manage to get all they need to find Jerry Jax by punching a few keys on a Swiss bank laptop - when police and world security organizations apparently haven't been able to perform this simple accomplishment.
Could we just SLOW things down a bit ?!! In a couple of days we will see AJ, who hasn't had anything to do with Sonny for months and months, get into a fight with Connie and then become the prime suspect in her murder?!!!!
GH fails miserably in the art of the build-up.
- Always nice to see Holly back (working on the good guys' side), but those concord wings on her eyelids are alarminglyly distractive.
Wasn't expecting that last reveal.
- Well, it would make sense if Britt was Anna and Duke's child. This whole Dr. Olbrecht, Britt storyline to fuck with Robin, what is that about anyway? And Anna is about the a big confrontation with Dr. O. What else could it be? Somehow the Jeromes were working with Faison and Dr. O and got the fetus to her miracle clinic. That makes more sense then the current Britt, Patrick, Robin storyline.
- I think because of the mask - the makeup department wanted her eyes to show through. But it was odd once the mask was off.
But I love Emma Samms. She's delightful and brings a breath of fresh air. Now when is she going to say something about Robert!
- R186 Jeanne played it straight,Brenda tried to BUT failed miserably. Brenda was the queen of unintentional camp. Ms Brenda Dickson's camp was so obvious because she was a bad actress and thought she was a good one.She was so bad she was good.
On the other hand, when Penghlis and Colicos played Victor and Mikos Cassadine they did so in a cold stone manner yet some of it came out as camp. Especially in the case of John Colicos, who did his best impersonation of a Bond villain on a budget!In addition, Anders Hove played Faison totally straight yet there was a camp to it because he was so serious.
Maura West could be verging on camp if she takes the Caroll Baker persona/femme fatale to the hilt. She looks like she belongs in a TCM movie at times NOT on GH!
- Oh no, the Thaao Penghlis queen is back.
- [R201] Thanks for the info. When will we know if it's a done deal? It's amazing that ABC and PP agreed on something.
- R208 Go fuck yourself. You're not a queen you are an empress honey!I mentioned Colicos and Hove as well you anal retentive Ron Cartooni suck up. BTW John Colicos was the best villain they ever had on GH BUT he's dead so he's not coming back.Supposedly they wanted Joe Mascolo to play him a few years back.
Oh no one gave a fuck about the Jeromes,too? Really funny because Ron and Frank are bringing them all back! Then again it just could be Ron's faves coming back....
R209 ABC wants to make money off the shows and GH's eventual destination will be the PP route.In the end, everyone make out despite the bitchiness behind the scenes.
- So who will be the producer of the shows? PP or ABC's Times Square Productions
- Times Square Studios is NOT a production company - it is (literally) studio space in NYC for ABC, part of which is leased to other news organizations/networks.
Not to piss on anyone's parade but I'm not buying this one just yet.
We'll have to wait until the paragon of beauty that is Jamey Giddens puts down his Chalupa and breathlessly tells us the news.
- In the latest issue (in the Letters section) Digest has this to say about John Paul Lavoisier.
"[Lavoisier and Fath] had split, but remain friendly.....Lavoisier remains close to many Llanview pals, including Tuc Watkins (David)."
Hmmmm........is it just me, or are they implying he's a 'mo like Watkins?
- Yes, r213. JPL's homosexuality is the worst kept secret in the industry. That and Jacob Young's.
- Scott, Lucy, Tracy and Kevin were fun today. I absolutely love the vets. Would love to see Tracy and Scott together more, though. Now, THEY are the real endgame for one another.
- Forgot to mention I loved Holly mentionng how she has been paying vigil to Robert, hoping for his recovery. I loved how she said there was peace in it for her.
- R206 If you listened to humps like R208 no one gives a shit about Scorpio. he's old,he's boring let him twist in the wind. Right? Wrong. According to Tristan Rogers earlier this year, Frank didn't have the money to bring Emma back because they couldn't fly her over! Well that's all changed now. Sean is making an appearance so Robert can't be far behind.
- With all due respect, we informed you of several of the affiliates requesting AMC and OLTL at a previous juncture. Katie is expensive and not doing well.
PP and ABC are meeting about this in the next several weeks, in addition to likely settling their suit.
- PP can't even keep up with a three episode a week schedule. The shows are already going on hiatus in a couple of weeks because they've run out of episodes. How will they produce five shows a week to sell to affiliates? And AMC was supposed to go back into production next Monday. Any word on if thats happening or not?
- [quote] The shows are already going on hiatus in a couple of weeks because they've run out of episodes.
The hiatus was planned long ago. There will be breaks in the viewing schedule - though they would be unwise to let them go on for more than a few weeks lest they lose viewer interest.
[quote] And AMC was supposed to go back into production next Monday. Any word on if thats happening or not?
Yes, it was announced ages ago.
- The reason for the Season 1 hiatus is because they sent out surveys weeks ago to viewers about changing the release schedule. They're planning to move to a telenovela format with "seasons" from now on, releasing 20-30 episodes in a block for each show as a season. That's the most cost-effective and viable method for an online venture, and it works for telenovelas. That's how the production schedule will work. They're going to stockpile produced eps.
- Someone better tell Debbi Morgan that r220 because she just tweeted yesterday that they'd not yet been given an official return to work date but should know "in a week or two." They're obviously not going to be back in production this coming Monday.
I'm with the skeptic at r219. Prospect Park hasn't come near meeting their originally promised production schedule and I don't see any way they can possibly make a five day per week schedule needed for syndication.
- Not to mention they're going to have to upgrade the production quality to make it more suitable for large format viewing. I think the old online episodes that OWN is currently showing look odd on regular TV.
- The thing is OLTL is out of episodes week after next. And if AMC doesn't even have a return date thats fucking scary if your talking about five week shooting blocks. We could possibly not have new episodes of OLTL until November or December IF they even go back into production.
- R215 It was fun to see the old timers especially two that started in the 70s on the show! It was nice to see them on again after the Franco/Jerome/Dr Silas debacle.
R222 I think that with PP the monetary concerns with the Hulu/PP marriage are/were part of the problem. Now with ABC involved it will be less of a problem.
- The return to shooting dates were changed because the production and distro schedule are now in flux. Cady McClain tweeted they'd be back soon. Once they have ironed out the new release format they will get back to work.
The shows are doing better numbers each week on OWN and the ABC affiliates have the scent. They're not going away. They're regrouping.
- I heard an interview with Lucci and she was asked again about returning to AMC. She mentioned that they were currently on hiatus and mentioned something about "if" they come back which she quickly corrected to "when". It did make me wonder if things are still on the verge of imploding. Hopefully for the cast and crew and fans they can get a stable schedule.
Survey ? I didn't receive any survey.
How did people get chosen for this survey ?
- I got the survey. I told PP that I was too busy to keep up with the 2-3 20 minute episodes that they release most weeks and to produce even fewer episodes.
Looks like they're striving for a goal of zero new episodes of week.
- I did the survey also. I think they were mainly trying to find out how we are consuming the shows for future scheduling purposes. As someone said above they may be going to 30-40 episode arcs and just releasing all the shows at once like Netflix does. They also asked things like how much online content I watch as compared to traditional TV and how I connect to hulu (laptop, smart phone, tablet, game device). If you are signed up with the TOLN.com site you should have recieved the survey a few weeks ago.
- With the syndication route it's back to the 260 episodes a year,no?Interesting question as to if PP can handle it. Now that ABC is involved they almost have to handle that load.
- According to Jill Larson (Opal) AMC is back in studio to shoot on the 19th. OLTL would follow in mid September.
- Emma Samms' Crawford-esque eyebrows in her scenes with Lady Geary are attracting a lot of attention (none of it good) on social media.
Seriously, GH's budget for makeup must be a dollar.
- I heard dame geary drew her eyebrows on like that on purpose. Genie will be sporting the same style soon too.
- KIKI IS NOT A Q! The headlines to end all headlines. Lol. People return from the dead at an alarming rate, psychopaths run free among the city, and supervillains wage annual bioterrorist wars on its citizens, but THAT will be the scandal of the century for Port Charles!
Kiki leaves alot to be desired, but I have to say that Bryan Craig is a nice find. He's cute, but he knows how to act reasonably well.
I don't understand why Connie didn't say anything to Sonny about Derek going through with the story. Instead, she decided to be silenced by sex and wait for the shit to hit the fan in the morning? Doesn't say alot for her character.
I like Devry as Derek. Alot of people are all upset with the age discrepency, but soaps have done that for years - the Bell soaps are the worst offenders for maintaining sexy parents alongisde their sexy offspring. Devry looks a little like Monaco, and I liked his scenes with NLG today, despite the fact the whole scenario has been built upon one implausible coincidence after another.
- [quote] I heard dame geary drew her eyebrows on like that on purpose. Genie will be sporting the same style soon too.
GH's makeup team must be going for the chola look. Next they'll be drawing eyebrows on with a Sharpie.
- R223, R224 You two little cunts couldn't resist. Dame,queen, lady.Empresses Geary has a hole and it's not a cunt! He has a dick,two balls and an asshole! He might be a bottom BUT he is no woman dearies, he's all man. I'd love to see you two brain addled cunts talk like that in front of him, he'd make mincemeat of you two queeny little things.
R236 Chola look? You need to explain that to people from outside of LA! In NYC we don't have many Mexicans so the chola look is not well known and everyone knows that NYC is the capital of the world.Oh and who says that Frank didn't make them use a sharpie on Phony Fallon er Holly!?
- Didn't know where else to post this - YT has about an hour's worth of scenes from a 1979 storyline from AW featuring Rachel, Mac, Iris, Jaime and Janice FRame - and DL favorite Constance Ford as Ada.
My, how soaps have changed.
- R238 AW ended in 1999 it's such a bore now unfortunately. The remaining surviving four on networks are the topic of the day and even the two PP ABC soaps are part of it. Someone had a thread for the old P and G soaps and it was stopped.
- Do they still publish that AW fan fic online?
- Morgan = AJ
Michael = Jason
Did Ron C do that on purpose?
- Does that mean Kiki = Keesha?
Thank You for posting this. Soaps were never better than they were on AW.
Good Lord, those scenes were fantastic
- Yeah, I don't watch soaps anymore, but I miss the late 70s/early 80s. Part of that nostalgia (I'm sure) was watching with my mother or grandmothers when I was growing up. But watching that AW scene just shows how "real" soaps were back in the day, both the writing and performances seemed more natural, and less over the top.
Even when the stories on soaps became a little too crazy (mad man freezing Port Charles), they could ground the show in the next scene (Gail and Monica having a heart to heart in the hospital cafeteria). Today's soaps just seem too over the top all of the time.
Ain't that a kick in the cunt.
- Her Royal Highness Mademoiselle Dame Lady Empress Diva Antoinette la Geary loves him some masculine Chola tops.
- I love you R245!
- Jeffrey turning out to be a mole for the tattoo agents on OLTL was brilliant. It's just too bad the show is likely on a break until late fall.
- R245, R246 Two self hating gay Empresses! It's funny how lesbians don't refer to butches as Kings yet gay males refer to a masculine man like Tony Geary as a royal female putdown. Geary isn't a woman because he doesn't have a cunt BUT you two are cunts!
R245 It's Cholo for the males.Then again you're not the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with so it's not a shock to see you fuck that up!
R244 In some weird way GH "ruined" everything with the Luke/Laura,Scorpio coming on as an Australian Bond and Ice Princess storyline.Other soaps became daily versions of the Bond films, especially Days of Our Lives.
- Damn it r247! Not all of us are at the same point in viewing the OLTL episodes. Spoiler space next time please.
- You guys weren't kidding about the kraken in Jack Manning's running shorts.
- r248, it's true what you say, but these soaps still maintained the soap staples of character, character, character. It wasn't until those who inherited these soaps who thought their success was outlandish plots instead of character-driven stories that soaps lost their soul.
- r247, it was also pretty cool to reveal his secret by showing his tattoo on the sole of his barefoot, propped by on a table for us all to see - nice feets shot for us foot fetishists.
- Pasty-faced Elizabeth bitch-slapping loudmouth Tracy was pretty cool.
- R251 GH was the queen of stunt plotting. That whole Ice Princess storyline going into Luke and laura's wedding (with Liz Taylor guesting) was the zenith of soap ratings). Then Days did the DiMeras who were the Cassadines BUT only a long term version. Edge Of Night even tried to emulate GH to ill effect. Their shoestring budget was OK for certain things BUT not for action/adventure.
Some people can claim that Old and The Rested became number one because it was based on plot, characters etc so on. I call bullshit on that.Bill Bell scrapped the bottom of the barrel on that show without a doubt.In addition,at times it was camp without the humor.He also abused Ms Brenda Dickson who was the true diva of all cuntesses on that show.
- r253 The core of the Luke and Laura success was a love story with fantastic chemistry between the leads. The Love on the Run and the Ice Princess elements were just the backdrop for love story.
At the time, other soaps tried to emulate the backdrop elements. Edge of Night sent young lovers Jodi and Gavin on the run from the mob. Texas sent its young lovers Joe and Elena on the run, complete with her wearing a wig. A few other shows did love on the run storylines too.
Later, after Ice Princess made GH ratings soar, many soaps though the sci-fi was the way to bring in more viewers. OLTL had a sci-fi like plot where Ivan Kipling was practicing mind control. Texas created the Hitopah plot about an ancient Indian artifact that supposedly had mystical powers. I think ATWT even went with some sci-fi related plots.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, especially in Hollywood.
- You meant R254. I disagree about Ice Princess. The whole thing was utterly over and top and sometimes camp and the novelty pushed it forward. Luke and Laura, you mean the rapist and his victim? That was part of it but it was Scorpio as well. Can you imagine that island adventure without Tristan Rogers? It would not have been the same.Mikos,Victor and Tony were great villains .Colicos added a gravitas to the whole story with his Shakespearan hamminess.
The height of camp was actually the Eterna storyline years later on OLTL. To this day it out camped GH on the Ice Princess front. It was utterly ridiculous.
- Is it me or is there zero chemistry between Maura West and Michael Easton? He acts like he'd rather be cleaning out his shed at home.
I think that's how Silas is supposed to act around Ava.
- Eterna was BAD, but Clint going back to the wild Wild West was worse I have to say. My faves on OLTL were Dorian, Max, Tina and Cord.
- TVline previews Maxie's baby drama and a possible Robin return:
- Did anyone hear out the Y&R vet who is suing her long-time management company, claiming that the first gig they sent her on for the first time in a decade was Y&R, the very show she has been starring on for years and even won Emmys for her role.
- [quote]My faves on OLTL were Dorian, Max, Tina and Cord.
Me too. I also liked Vikki when she was with Dorian but not with her family (especially those two Cinderella's stepsisters they velcroed to her ass the last few years, the Jessica Rabbit one who couldn't act and the dumb homely one who always had her mouth hanging open who had nothing going for her but big tits).
The Dorian, Max, Tina and Cord days were the best.
- No mention of Chad "dick of death" Duell walking around in his boxer briefs today?
He's so not my type but I have such a crush.
- My friend worked with Tina on OLTL and that she had such prominent bags under her eyes!The poor thing was even using Preparation H and she still couldn't get rid of those things....;)
Someone is suing Old and Rested? Good the show sucks and is glacially paced. Maybe they will be forced to do a little camp. Or hire even more Friends of Jill.
Someone mentioned the OTLT Wild West storyline vs Eterna...Eterna was much worse. The whole thing surrounding Megan's birth was a tired soap opera cliche' married with the ultimate left hand turn: an underground city! The time travel thing was goofy BUt teh events surrounding eterna were so terribly written. though I must say Roge was quite suave though......
- I sure hope AJ's exit is not that he murders Connie. Hopefully, RC is not that lazy.
- Jack is very excited about OLTL's season finale.
- AJ's exit? Is SK leaving ?
- Has Lady Geary seen Chad D's dick of death?
Or Sean Blakemore's (Shawn)? After all Geary did (supposedly, rumoredly) date Ron Glass back in the day. He has been known to crave a little chocolate now and then.
I'm sure Chad has accidentally poked a few costume designers and dressers with that monster.
- The fact that Julian went ahead and ran the Kiki story knowing it would cause a heap of trouble for Ava makes me wonder if she really is Olivia Jerome. I doubt Julian gave two craps about keeping the paper afloat with this "big news story," but it sure was a way to stick it to Ava/Olivia, who once tried to have him killed.
- [quote]Someone is suing Old and Rested? Good the show sucks and is glacially paced. Maybe they will be forced to do a little camp. Or hire even more Friends of Jill.[quote]
Not suing Y&R. Khalil filed a complaint against her talent agency in California Superior Court Tuesday, accusing it of stealing money and failing to send her on auditions — except for the one show she already had a contract for. In the filing, Khalil says her agents, Mavrick Artists Agency, have repeatedly failed to uphold their end of the representation contract. She charges that during a very busy pilot season this year, she was only sent out on two auditions for series regular roles. She was not sent on any commercial auditions. Khalil accuses the defendants of intentionally not paying her for a guest spot on 2 Broke Girls. The complaint also alleges the agency essentially stole money from the actress above its 10 percent commission.”
But the topper on this is … Mavrick Artists Agency allegedly sent Khalil out to audition for a role on her own show …Y&R! The item went on to say, “At the time, Khalil was still in a contract role on the soap opera where she had been for 10 years, according to the documents. This, the plaintiff argues, proves how neglectful the agency has been with her career.”
- Some spoilers:
Holly and Laura have to come between Luke and Sean when the old enemies lock horns.
Sean's role in the Jerry Jacks cover-up isn't what it seems.
Monica is intrigued when Sean Donely comes back into the picture.
AJ is the prime suspect in Connie's murder.
Nikolas knows Derek Wells; Franco knows Derek as Julian.
Julian saves Danny's life as an anonymous donor not knowing that Danny is his grandson. Ellie soon figures out the donor's identity.
Britt and Maxie give birth.
Dr. Obrecht's past comes to light as she attempts to kill Anna once and for all; meanwhile, Ava schemes to get Duke out of the way once and for all.
Christina Collins finally shows up in Port Charles and instantly causes trouble when she tells her father that Lucy is sleeping with Scott Baldwin.
- R268 Queen Cuntbag , Tony is a man not a lady. He's a fucking lord get with the program you cum guzzling ,glory hole loving low class guttersnipe!
R271 Fuck you too! Who asked for spoilers honey? The headline wasn't in titles and there had been no space between the title and the spoilers.
Anyway, Sean D looks like shit. The poor fucker is in a wheelchair. I hope Ron and Frank are paying him better than scale!
- GH Trivia Experts -
r271 mentions Luke and Sean as old enemies. I wasn't sure if they even knew each other or were on the show at the same times. What parts of GH history did I miss here?
- It will be interesting to see what happens with Sean Donely. The actor who plays him looked old as shit already when he was on 20 years ago. But on the flip side, Monica's vajajay might get some play.
The actor who plays Sean is not in a wheelchair. It's just for the role.
- R275 I know about Sean Donely not being in a wheelchair in real life, I was joking. I like the actor BUT John looks like shit!
R274 actually your title should be Lady Cumbucket of All Soap Queens, Empress of all Cum Guzzling Guttersnipe Slutbags !
R273 It goes back to 1984 when Luke and Laura came back. Sean was a bad guy initially then was redeemed.
- Sean has been poisoned just like Luke.
- R276 Drink your juice, Shelby. And please, take your meds.
- Sean Donely was the bad guy in a story involving Felicia and Frisco on a Mexican adventure with a guest-starring Luke and Laura back in the 80s. Viewers loved him, so he was redeemed to be just a suave mover and shaker in PC (as Monica's adulterous lover). Then he went completely to the good side and became best friends with former enemies Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane (Sean and Anna were double agents when they were first introduced).
When Luke and Laura returned to Port Charles in the 90s, they found Sean treated everyone's friend and all-around good guy. Luke refused to buy it and remained on bad terms with him.
- Donely and Monica's affair was THE major story on GH at the time, making the soap magazine covers as the hot couple of the moment. Monica and Sean conspired to take ELQ away from the Qs and left Alan and Edward penniless. Monica kicked her husband and in-laws out on the street and Sean moved in. Edward, Lila and Alan moved into a room above Kelly's Diner. Alan faked his death and framed Donely and Monica for his murder in a storyline that balanced classic melodrama and classic GH humour. In the end, Lila saved the day and recouped the family fortune with her homemade pickle relish business (enter Pickle Lila).
The entire storyline can be watched on YT.
Tracy wasn't in town at the time, so it would be cool to see Monica and Tracy tangle over Sean.
- I'm loving Sean Kanan more than ever. I hope they don't make him a total loser. If so, I may stop watching again for another 10 years.
- So why is connie so invested on this story in the paper. She works for the magazine (say it like patsy). Se is saving jobs. Do the magazine people work for the paper? Yes i know its the same company. Conne is not running a huge magazine story. Ive never even heard her mention todds paper before. I saw carlivati in the hamptons last weekend, very hot and daddyish.
- R278 No Ron C I'm the one that's fine, you're the one that needs the meds. Not to mention you're fucking up a soap institution called General Hospital! Or is that Frank V? Stop fucking the help Frank you're becoming the male version of Jill Farren Phelps!
- r282, do you mean Frank Valentini instead of Ron Carlivati?
FV at link:
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Frank Valentini 2012 Summer TCA Tour Day 6 Q_bvwQwUFECl.jpg
- Why was FV out to dinner the other night with Marc Samuel and Nick Robuck? Is he back to sampling the help? Is Nick Robuck the new Lucas Jones?
- Robuck would make a wonderful Lucas Jones!
- It's nice to have Genie Francis back, but they have got to work something dfferent out with her. She has a limited episode guarantee to ensure she isn't working full-time, but perhaps pretaping some more scenes to space out her appearences more would be better. As it is, there really is no point in having Laura on canvas except as a stunt cast.
- Genie's deal isn't any different than other vet's.
This is how FV runs his shows to keep them under budget. He cycles people in and out for weeks at a time and sometimes the stories can take it. But sometimes they can't. Case in point, GF, Kin and others. They have very little to work with onscreen because Frank is withholding all their big guaranteed days for future weeks and months.
Sometimes FV and RC can get away with that. He did regularly at OLTL. But as it stands now Laura and Scotty have had almost no story since returning.
- That pistol-whipping and beatdown by Sonny on AJ was pure Guza.
AJ looked pathetic.
- Could it be possible that Ava is, in fact, Olivia Jerome, and Kiki is the child Anna thought she miscarried? Perhaps Ava/Olivia just put Silas Clay as the name of the father on a fake certificate. He never did have a chance to look at the DNA results.
- Breaking: Kiki Jerome is Anna and Duke's biological kid.
- Now that, R291, is very interesting.
I guess RC gave up on RH and KA playing father and daughter.
I have feeling RH as Franco isn't working out and RC knows it and doesn't want to keep his "prize" Emmy winning actress tied to RH's tail.
I would rather they find a new character for RH and give KA walking papers anyway.
- Check out post r150. I predicted Kiki as Anna and Duke's baby way back then.
- If she's Anna and Duke's child, where did the ugly come from?
Robin's no beauty either, so does Anna carry a recessive gene for average leaning toward homely?
- R294 Robin's not bad, she was cute as a kid and is decent looking as an adult.
Kiki as a Lavery/Devane?! Kiki would be old enough to be their daughter,just barely. Twisted soap opera logic would dictate that Ava/Olivia is their kid instead! Kiki was blah when she played the other character. Oh and no dye job/make up spruce job will change all that.
- Kimberly McCullough is average looking at best and has a huge ass. That's why she was always wearing a lab coat. Neither of her soap parents had the short fat big-butted gene.
- R296 Given the choice Robin is a million times more fuckable than Kiki is!You'd have to drug a guy for days to get him to fuck Kiki the Cow. Robin might have a "big butt" as you claim BUT she doesn't have the horse or cow face that Kiki has.
- I included both Kiki and Robin in my homely gene post.
I agree KA is far less attractive than KMcC. They were both child actors who didn't make a good transition into adulthood, but KA's was worse than KMcC's. I actually thought KA's Starr was pretty cute and funny when she was a kid. I can't stand to look at her now.
KMcC is also a far better actor than KA, who takes mediocre to a whole new place.
- Kim is not that homely she's OK so I disagree with you on that BUT Kiki is fug,fug,fug.It's funny how her"own cousin" wants her so badly!
- But fraus love Bovina, just as they loved Kim Mc/Robin. I guess the average girl gets hot stud thing is a fantasy for them.
- [quote]I agree KA is far less attractive than KMcC.
What part of that did you have trouble reading, R299?
Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
- I don't think fraus love Bovina, R300. Two gay men seem to be in love with her and they're forcing her on the viewers.
KMcC has loyal fans from her earlier days on GH.
- R299 Here's what you said about Robin:
Robin's no beauty either, so does Anna carry a recessive gene for average leaning toward homely?
I don't consider Robin homely or average leaning towards homely) she's OK looking. She's certainly not ugly,homely fugly or anything close to it!
You also said this:
I included both Kiki and Robin in my homely gene post.
Once again Robin is not homely OR even average leaning towards homely. We disagree on that point.
- We watched Kimberly McCulloch grow up. She's been a part of the family for almost 30 years. We tend to cut people slack because we've known them for so long.
Sure, if they were casting the role of Robin today, they'd cast a beauty queen in the part. But I have much more affinity for Kimberly just because of my long history with her.
We also watched Kristen Alderson grow up as Starr. I was willing to cut her slack because I'd known her and the character for so long.
Interestingly enough, my willingness to cut her slack stopped the instant she started playing Kiki. I don't have a history with that character and therefore am not willing to overlook her shortcomings.
- You're a mess, R303. This is not the high school debate club championships.
KMcC/Robin is very average. That's the best I can say about her.
KA is below average, and that's being charitable.
- I can't believe r294's ass-wipe sense of humour actually derailed this thread and has encouraged so much hyper-douchiness.
- Let's talk about Genie!
Or Jane Elliot!
Or my favorite....Lady Geary!
- I catch up with GH on YouTube and there are many comments singing the praises of "Mikiki". They're just soooooo adorbs! And what the hell is the deal with the Britch's mother. She reminds me of Frau Farbissina, but lacking her subtlety.
- LADY GEARY IS A FELCHING BOTTOM.
- I love how lady geary and english hopped from switz to ireland and that poor laura left like two weeks ago to find luke, wrong turn i guess.
- Kiki is too young to be Anna and Duke's kid. That child was concieved a full decade before Michael who is supposed to be her contemporary. Sabrina is the long lost daughter. Robin comes home and finds her sister canoodling with her husband, drama ensues.
- Emma Samms looks Asian these days. I quite like her new style. Holly certainly wasn't like that in the 80s. Remember the time when an episode of GH could be mistaken for a British period drama? LOL
- R305 You're the one you is a cunted maze of delusion! Robin is cute honey . End of story. She's not Kelly Thiebaud(who is fucking gorgeous) but she ain't Kiki/Kunti whatever her name is. I'm attracted to women and have sex with them. I would fuck KMc BUT wouldn't fuck KA with your dick and blame it on Matt Bomer!
R304 I agree to a certain degree though KA's new look is terrible. Then again RH as Franco's look is terrible as well so Ron and Frank got two strikes at that at bat. Not to mention Silas, who is strike three!
- R307 You mean King Jane or is that Emperor Jane. he is such a he? Isn't he? Jane is the butchiest thing on this planet. She makes AJ look femme!I think that Jane and Dee Dee Hall make such a cute couple don't they?
Prince Genie? Everybody knows that she's bi. Please honey she is the biggest he I've ever seen behind the scene. She is so butch in her private life.Her voices drops two octaves when she's not on the show.
Oh and Tony, I'd love for you to call him what you called him in front of his face,he'd probably slap your dainty little ass around. Oh and he's Lord Geary to you, you little empress!;)
R308 Dr O is fun. She is campy but she's not bad. She's no Faison where Anders Hove acts like he's beyond serious. She's doing the role for laughs and seems quite mismatched with KT(who is so American and so hot).
R311 Yeah Kunti is barely old enough to be their kid. It makes no sense.
R309, R311 The same self hating gay queen who hates gay men. It keeps on calling Tony a she,when in fact he is a he!
- Would Stone be attracted to the Robin of today?
- R313/R314, please shut the fuck up already. No one -- absolutely, positively NO ONE on this board -- is interested in your shit.
- I remember when Robin dated Jason the Adonis, it was every plain girl's fantasy. The Robin/Carly rivalry back when the formidable Sarah Brown played the part was event television. Remember when Robin had the Winona Ryder hairstyle and used to lord it over Carly who gave back exactly what she got?
- I was watching GH one day in the background in my office. Kiki was on with Morgan and Michael and my intern said, those two hot guys are fighting over that? And it really made me realize just how silly this triangle is. I can understand in real life that Chad Duell can only date women who can accommodate his python sized penis and Alderson's child birthing hips appear to do the job,but on a soap, shouldn't Kiki be hotter?
- And PS -
Jane Elliot is not a lesbian. She is indeed close friends with Deidre Hall, who appears to be a lesbian.
[quote] Jane is the butchiest thing on this planet. She makes AJ look femme!I think that Jane and Dee Dee Hall make such a cute couple don't they?
Funny how you clutch your pearls over someone calling Geary "Lady Geary" - a nickname for him on this board that was made up long before I ever got here - but you sure don't mind being negative about a "butch" woman or talking shit about her.
You really, truly need to STFU, crazy bitch.
- A stellar scene from around the same time with Faison meeting Jason - "I've seen your little cute face in the papers!"
- Why does KA, aka Bovina, always look like she smells shit?
I imagine Michael to smell perfectly lovely.
Julian-Derek is smoking hot.
Ava is an awesome bitch goddess.
When does Kate die?
- One scene between AJ and Connie/Kate is enough in RonC land to create an entire murder mystery.
Either KiKi or Britt is the Anna/Duke dead fetus. I'm guessing Britt. But something doesn't add up with Ava and Kiki.
- KMc and KA were both cute children.
KMc had a cute teen years but then got hit with the plain and homely stick during adulthood.
KA has been hit with the plain and homely look already in her teens years. At this rate she'll be horrid in adulthood.
You are obviously straight because a lesbian being described as "butch" is not a negative. Lesbians are butch or lipstick and both are accepted in our community.
Calling a man a Lady is never accepted.
- R319 I was being sarcastic. Then again an empress of your low standing couldn't grasp that! Irony is beyond your meek comprehension skills.
R321 KA looks like shit and like she smells of shit as well.
R323 KA looks mismatched with Morgan and Michael doesn't she? She's too blah looking to have two hot guys like that fighting over like that.
I think that Kim is not gorgeous but she's still cute. She's OK. BTW she had a lesbian affair in real life(I think her girlfriend was a surfer) a few years back BUT Kim ended up with a guy in the end.
- I've begun to wonder if people might be on to something with Kiki - there's nothing about Silas Clay to warrant Ava's extremely bizarre reaction to the paternity coming out on Thursday otherwise. Ava is a whackjob who is obsessed with Silas, but Silas is not a psychopath like his twin. There's got to be something more.
It would be just like Ron to do a double fakeout too. He over-eggs so many stories to the point that no one cares and forces characters or actors like this one into square holes (KA with Finola and Buchanan is a laughable thought). He did the same thing with the Rex story on OLTL. For years Rex was believed to be the son of Roxy and OLTL supervillain Mitch Laurence and that that was his secret heritage. At the last moment they revealed it was someone else. Then they said Rex was the love child of two Native Americans. THEN they said he was the son of Clint Buchanan and Kim Zimmer!!
- R323 KA is already 22 is that old enough for adulthood in your opinion?
- It looked like they were ready to reveal something on Friday's show about Ava, that she was hiding something about Kiki, but it was never revealed.
Her reaction to Kiki's parentage being exposed to the public domain was near-violent and shocked even Julian. She has a deeper secret he doesn't even know.
Silas never saw the DNA test - she took the unopened results from him through Monica's by enlisting Monica's help. He only believes he is the father because of what the papers say.
We've all noted Ava's reaction to Duke talking about his murdered child. That's significant.
I think originally the idea of Britt or Sabrina being Anna's child either through Duke or her last husband David Hayward was always tossed around as a possibility. With the rewriting the show had to undergo with the OLTL fiasco, I believe that RC has decided to go in a different direction and establish two of his favorite actors - RH and KA - in two of GH's legacy families: RH is playing a Quartermaine and KA will be a Scorpio via her relation to Robin through Anna and Duke.
- Making Kristen Alderson play Duke and Anna's daughter is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.
- This is what I've learned in my 30 years of watching soaps. You don't make two mentions of something without it meaning something. And Ava's reaction to the dead baby was too distinct to be an actor's choice and not scripted.
First of all we need to learn where Ava fits into the Jerome family. Where was she in the 80s, while the other Jeromes were in Port Charles. I don't think she's Olivia. Would they really do that to Maura West and make her play someone that old? Also Rob and Frank love what's her name who played the original Olivia so I'm sure she will show up at some point. I think Olivia was Ava's mother.
- They said Ava was Julian's baby sister.
The idea of Duke and Anna's dead kid being Kiki is idiotic.
- [quote]The idea of Duke and Anna's dead kid being Kiki is idiotic.[quote]
This would be right up there with Erica Kane's unabortion plot.
- R330 Wouldn't Tonja be too young to play Ava mom?! Does it matter anyway? With the way things are going everyone will show up including Frank Smith!As per Ava it's not the first time a character that was never mentioned on a soap shows up out of nowhere.
- OKay, what about Britt as Anna and DUke's kid?
- R334 Can't say but it's more interesting if she were Faison's spawn with Dr O,no? Or with Stavros.
- Britt as Anna and Duke's daughter makes so much more sense. Britt is connected to Faison more than anyone. The only shift to that would be to remember that we know nothing of Ellie or Sabrina's parents so I think they are still in play here.
- IS Bovina Duke and Anna's kid, or No?
- I think someone roaming around Port Chuck is the illegitimate child of Rosé Kelly and Jimmy Lee Holt.
- Maybe Kiki is the love child of Nurse Jesse and Dr. Steve? I mean, you just know that Nurse Jesse was putting out for Steve while Audrey was on one of her benders.
- I miss Ruby. And Joe Kelly.
- Steve Hardy had a lot of bastards and his daughter Liz has proudly carried on in his tradition. That bitch doesn't believe in condoms OR marriage!
- Joe Kelly was hot. Too bad he didn't age well.
- R340 Me too.
R342 Regardless, Doug Sheehan was a hot-as-fuck man when his hair was Black-Irish black.
- R340 Hot Rose Kelly showed up on Mad Men. Matt Weener(sic) can figure a way to get Rose Kelly on BUT Cartooni can't?! She looked older and weathered but still had a hint of how good looking she was.What the heck happened to Doug Sheehan? He must have saved his Knots Landing money or is working in the real world right now.
- This thread has taken a *wonderful* turn!
- Did Jeremy lose his virginity before you did, Annie? Is that why you're so bitter?
- Why, we lost it at the very same time, r346. That might explain something.
- So is gay Nic Roebuck going to be the new gay Lucas Jones?
- I still remember Susan Pratt's kewpie-doll haircut when she was Claire on Guiding Light.
No vestal virgin there - Claire was a homewrecking whore.
- r344 You do realize that was the actress Louanne Bishop who appeared in the season opener on Mad Man. She wasn't playing Rose Kelly, she was playing a fan of Megan's. She was in exactly one scene.
Similarly, Richard Bekins also had a long scene in Mad Men's season finale. He played one of the Hershey executives in the pitch scene where Don confessed he grew up in a whorehouse. Richard Bekins is best known for playing Jamie Frame on Another World from 1979-1983.
- I betta gets me some franco this week. But i miss my todd so i pretend.
- Looks like Allison Perkins will be back on OLTL. Her family is behind the Todd tattoo storyline.
- R350 You must be insane . I wasn't serious. I know who Louanne Bishop is. Did I say she appeared in every scene?! My complaint is that MAd Men had her on BUT Cartooni didn't yet for the 50th. Then again Ron(it's you right) Stamos wanted to come back and you said you wanted him playing behind Rick Springfield right? Honey no worries you are running the show into the ground anyway with the whole Kiki/Jerome/Silas/Ava storyline crap.
- r353 is really not over the fact that GH did not implement his Alexander Cassadine fanfic and bring back Thaao Penghlis.
- This thread has taken a very turn. I suspect there are trolls trying to rile up trouble and people are taking the bait. Don't bother with obvious trollmeat. It will end up ruining the opportunity we have in keeping a soap thread going.
- r341, Elizabeth is Steve's granddaughter.
- 'Scuse me folks, it's LOANNE Bishop.
- Finally. Talk of Robert. Now if only RC treats his return in character.
- How strange that the actress who plays Obrecht looked like the actress who plays Britt when she was younger. That picture they used of Obrecht as a young woman looked like she could be Britt's mother.
Finally we are having some Anna-Duke action, but the lack of build-up is aggravating. This show is juggling so many stories and characters that Obrecht's vandetta against Anna suddenly reintroduced in the show is jarring.
A show is great when there is alot going on, but this show is insane with twists and turns - and I don't mean that as a compliment.
- All spoilers have had Laura with Luke and Holly, in particular in Luke's scenes with Sean Donely. However, there has been no Laura. Did they rewrite these scenes and why hasn't GF been included?
- There is a rumor, and it is just a rumor, that Genie Francis wraps up shooting October.
- R354 is Cartooni trying to grasp for straws as GH goes down the tube! Ron your Jerome fanfic has been a steaming pile of shit though. Some terribly putrid storytelling BTW......
- Sean Donely sounds terrible doesn't he? I hope he's acting. Lord Geary has been fabulous with Holly. Laura who? Oh Genie gone? I'll miss her but Ron and Frank have underutilized her.
Someone mentioned Susan Pratt? Where is the I don't give a shit troll?! I liked Susan she was quite cute.She was an interesting counterpoint to Heather, the craziest cunt in television history.
Dr O looked so fucking silly in that costume. It made the Duke mask that Faison used look A list in comparison!She's not good looking BUT looks uglier in that getup.
- "Dat zow en huhr piglet"
- Lots of GH stuff in this week's Digest.
A few photos from a fan club luncheon, including a picture of Daddy Frankie Valentini looking hot as hell (next to to Richard Simmons, unfortunately).
A photo of both the guys who played Rick Webber AND Sam Behrens (Jake) with Perpetually Surprised Jackie Zeman.
An interview with Kelly Sullivarn (Connie) about her last scenes.
And an update on Lady Geary's summer vacations. Apparently instead of one long vacation, as he has been taking for years, it's been broken down into smaller chunks, ergo the recent Luke/Holly and Luke/Sean scenes. I'm sure he'll be returning to Amsterdam for a while longer this summer, though.
- R361 That's quite a rumor. Actually I wouldn't be too surprised if Genie didn't tell them to take a hike. They've written her badly and barely used her. The Holly stuff has to grate. Even though Holly was a substitution for what was written for Ethan.
- Genie's return is a real headscratcher. They really haven't used her well. I think the juice in Luke and Laura is completely done, and it's probably no surprise if both Genie and Geary are done with it, too.
I think Luke and Tracy are the real deal, but GH has always treated that as a second fiddle to L&L.
And Laura was ruined so much by the coma/killing Rick and her long absences from the canvas that it's hard for some to embrace her, especially since she's only on one day a week.
- Ron really hasn't done much with any of the returned vets. Lucy mostly just had the vampire stuff to set up ME as Silas. Her and Laura's supposed spa went nowhere. I forget Duke, Scott and Kevin are even supposed to be there for long stretches.
Anna's fared the best but it's mostly been tied into the now dragged past their expiration date Robin teases. Even AJ and Nik haven't gone anywhere.
I'm starting think most of it was just smoke and mirrors for their whole 50th thing and most of the vets will be quietly sliding back off the canvas.
- [quote] I'm starting think most of it was just smoke and mirrors for their whole 50th thing and most of the vets will be quietly sliding back off the canvas.
And the whole Jack Wagner thing just lends credibility to this idea, too.
- Ron is reuniting Luke and Laura shortly, likely by November. But ITA they have wasted and squandered both Genie and Kin. I think both are far more capable than the scant dreck they're given.
Word is Ron had planned to sideline Laura and Scotty all summer long back in PC with Lucy and Deception, but dropping ratings led him to hastily rewrite, get Luke back onscreen quicker and get Laura in the mix on the story with Luke, Holly and Sean. What's sad is he had to come to that realization upon second thought.
Ron doesn't actually drop stories like Deception, Kevin's trips to Seattle (to see Lucy's daughter Christina, who is being cast) or Luke and Laura. He just puts them off indefinitely until people have all but forgotten them. He'll return to them soon but not soon enough. Major issues with pacing and balance.
Same problem with AJ Quartermaine. Cartini believed they would be able to lure Steve Burton back on a recurring basis like Kimberly. Steve took the job at Y&R instead. Without an onscreen Jason vs AJ conflict Ron has stupidly decided AJ and Sean Kanan are surplus to requirements. He can't think past his own "genius" original plans to see how much of a boon Kanan's return has been for the Qs.
They made the same mistake at OLTL. They believed Trevor St John would stick around for the full run of their Todd on Todd war for Llanview and wrote for that without planning ahead otherwise. Instead he exited and left them holding the bag.
- Maybe r370 but TSJ said in the press in no uncertain terms that once cancelation was announced he'd offered to stay on to the end of the show to wrap up the story but was told that the story was already written and couldn't be changed. Sounds like BS on Cartini's part to me considering how they had no problem turning GH on its ears to wedge the OLTL back onto the show as three new characters along with a few more new characters for props.
I also think StBu and the rest of his Port Chuck pals had targets on their backs from the moment FV took over. Not that I was a fan- I was very turned off by his blatant hawking of his pyramid schemes in fact- but I'm just as put off but Cartini's willingness to toss anyone under the bus including fans as well as the show as a whole the second they don't get their way.
The stories and the fans should always come first even if it means what increasingly seems like their own often petty agendas need to take a back seat at times.
- I'm still a fan of Ron C's work overall, but admit he's had quite a few missteps this summer.
I also agree, that its looking more and more like the vets returning were all for the 50th anniversary hoopla. There's clearly no long term plan for them.
Laura has fared the worst of all the ones returned, followed by Scotty. Anna has fared the best. Heather has fared fairly well too.
They keep hinting at stuff the vets are doing -- Scotty's running for DA, Laura and Lucy are reopening Deception, Kevin's going to Seattle regularly, Duke's working at ELQ. But we're not seeing any of this on screen Just hearing talk about it during their once a week scenes that generally take place at Kelly's.
In the meantime, Franco was holding the Q living room set hostage, while Kiki got shoved down our throats. Ron must have a lot of bitterness about the whole PP OLTL deal regarding the Llanview Three. He's taken an "I'll show you attitude" and played the Three (well two of the Three) five days a week just to prove he could create new characters for them. Who cares what the audience wants, Ron's going to do it his way!
- [quote] I also think StBu and the rest of his Port Chuck pals had targets on their backs from the moment FV took over.
To be fair, there was and still is a huge contingent of fans who were completely burned out by the mob stories and the Sonny/Jason/Carly stories.
I was hoping Maurice Benard would have gone as well, which would have cleared a lot of space on the canvas.
The canvas, by the way, needs a little clearing. It is way too crowded right now.
- ABC would never let Bernard go. They had a hard time letting Burton go, but FV wouldn't meet Burton half way, which I think was a mistake.
- Benard is such a shitty actor....
If I wanted to watch a bipolar man mumble a lot of paranoid shit I would just ride public transit. That his shtick is considered "amazing acting" is so laughable.
Lady Geary may be pushing 70, but he's still a far, far, FAR better and more interesting actor than Benard will ever be.
And Burton was literally there for frau fantasies. Kanan is a far better actor than Burton. The whole "let's call AJ fat" thing is just ridiculous.
Tyler Christopher is no skinny minnie either, but somehow he's not handed that kind of shit. (Probably because Frank or Ron want in his pants.)
- Today is the 20th anniversary of Maurice Benard joining the show.
- Getting rid of Burton was the best decision FV/RC have made. I will forever be grateful for that.
- Dethroning Steve needed to be done and he should stay gone. But treating Kanan with such disregard and preparing to probably dump him soon because you couldn't lure back Burton the pyramid scheme king is uncalled for.
Lynn Herring gets plenty to do and she and Lindstrom have story coming up with her daughter. But Genie Francis and Ian Buchanan are both struggling with crumbs. I fear Ron will kill Duke Lavery all over again when he gets bored enough. Anna's not on nearly enough lately.
Part of this is the usual Frank and Ron guarantee hustle where they keep beloved vets offscreen to stockpile their guaranteed days for key future weeks and months of story. But it's gone overboard.
The show was in so much better shape before they shoehorned the OLTL 3 back into it. As soon as they did it went to the birds. The Jerome empire story is good but Franco, Kiki and Silas are all snoozers. They should've agreed to Prospect Park's aggressive terms for primary control of the OLTL characters on the condition that they got to keep John McBain and let Todd and Starr go. Michael Easton in scrubs is not cutting it and Franco is an embarrassment.
- Yeah, the OLTL Three really fucked up the show second time around. They were a nice edition as their original characters, but this is too much.
- RonC is blocking again. You criticize you get blocked.
- I hope GF is not being let go.
- I just criticized him for his horrible writing of Anna Scorpio. We will see what he does
- I'm sure you'll be blocked R382. Miss Carlivati doesn't like getting her widdle feewings hurt.
- I'm liking the Franco-free period. Not looking forward to RH coming back on canvas. I detest the Franco story.
I agree they should have cut Todd and Starr and kept John.
What a shame Genie Francis' last two soap ventures - Y&R and this current GH return - were busts.
- R384 I rarely watch Old and The Rested so I didn't grasp how much Maria Bell and/or JFP fucked over Stephen Nichols,Genie Francis and Tristan Rogers. I do know that she gave Eileen Davidson shit to do as Ashley and refused to share her with Days.That was the last straw for Sony so they fired her and hired her on Days where ED has done the best work of her career.
As for Genie and Generic Hospital, it's really a shame. Ron has Genie, Kin and God knows who else at his fingertips and he shovels this Kiki/Franco/Pickle Lila shit at us! He wants to get rid of AJ? I like what he has done this time around.Ron has rarely used GF and that is terrible. Instead we get Maura West's femme fatale/TCM actress act(which I like) which invariably involves the whole mob angle which was a bore. Oh and Frank Smith was mentioned in passing.Look for some great soap actor like Ron Moss or Drake Hogestyn to play his son Frankie Smith or something stupid like that. Or maybe some young twink so maybe FV can have another possible bed friend.
- GH does seem to be in a serious state of flux right now. It started out so well under FV and RC, who appeared to be listening to fans. Now they seem to be isolating themselves from fans because they are so stubbornly stuck on their OLTL faves.
- Anyone watching today? Are they tying in Loving and The City now? I had to find recaps of the Loving Murders.
- I'm hoping they find GF behind that door, but she is Ceara not Laura - and she tells Luke and Holly thanks for the rescue, but no thanks.
But honestly isn't that whole thing kind of bizarre?
- What happened today? I saw FV tweeted something about a shout out for longtime ABC daytime fans.
- Who crashed Mac and Felicia's wedding at the end of today's episode?
- r389, Luke and Holly (where the hell is Laura?!) traced Jerry Jax's trail to an old abandoned mansion, which strangely turned out to be the old Alden family mansion showcased on LOVING. Holly recognized a picture of Gwyneth Alden, recapping Gwyneth's murder of her family. We even saw a photo of patriarch Cabot Alden. It was all very strange.
Holly found an abandoned wheelchair in the house, which was revealed to viewers through Dr. Obrcht's flashbacks to be the same wheelchair that Robin was in when Obrecht delivered Robin into Jerry Jax's hands. So Robin was at one point in the old Alden house.
Luke found a door hidden behind a bookcase, and is about to open it ...
Join us again at the same time tomorrow for the continuing story of ...
- r390, brace yourself - but it's everyone's favorite former campus disco aerobics instructor!!
No, I'm not kidding
- That was a great scene between Maxie and Felicia today. Very well written and very well acted. I love that they stopped the Maxie-hating-her-mother routine.
- If I wasn't featured, the shout-out to long-term fans wasn't worth mentioning.
- Ron and Frank don't have Genie and Kin on at all and they are shoehorning Loving references on the show!Their canvas is overcrowded as it is and then they pull this? I mean how many current GH viewers watched Loving or The Shitty? No to mention old time watchers.
- I did like Luke's line about Corinth being the town in which its inhabitants abandoned it for "the city".
Still, I have no clue why FV/RC would do such a thing. A while back, Heather made reference to Corinth as well.
- If it's just supposed to be an "Easter egg" (hidden content) then the Corinth mentions are fine.
But if they're doing some fuckery like giving Laura Wright a dual role (she was Ally on Loving/The City) then they've officially lost their fucking minds.
- R396 Judging how scatterbrained the Kiki/Jerome/Vampire/Franco storylines have been this year is it any surprise that Ron and Frank are all over the place with the other ABC soaps(save the PP licensed ones though the whole pickle Lila fiasco was a fuck you to PP over the OLTL).Being that its Gh's 50th anniversary they should concentrate on GH characters not on Sky and Raven! BTW I know that ABC didn't own Edge of Night but it was on after GH and it became a third rate version of GH!
- I loved yesterday. New and old characters blending in together in a fairly well written episode. Shows that it could still be done.
- They need to bring Ava and Egypt from Loving to Port Charles. Y'all know you'd be glued to your sets.
- Sounds inteesting. I was a big fan of the Loving murders. I'll go over to ABC's site and check it out.
- R400 The actress who played Egypt died a few years back.
R398 Did they actually mention Sky and Raven?
- Okay, no Egypt. What about Gwynth going through Port Charles killing people with her click click.
- R398 I was joking but I bet Ron would love to namedrop those two characters!
Bring Lisa Peluso while you're at it Ron! She's a hot MILF she would add a bit of panache to the show.No one can forget her on the gazillion soaps she did. Oh you want her OLTL character on? Sorry PP has the rights you can use Ava instead......
- Jane Elliot's Tracy Q was brought over to The City. It was on that show Tracy married Gino Soleito, a mobster who has been referred to on GH.
Lisa Lo Cicero was also on the show.
Kind of weird that they keep dragging in references to bygone shows like Port Charles, Loving & now The City. Almost like they keep reminding people of all the cancellations that ABC has had.
- It's actually pretty cool and like FV said a nice nod to longtime ABCD fans. I must say though that was SO NOT the Alden mansion that I remember.
- No, they did not mention Sky & Raven - the poster was making a point.
And no, that was not the real Alden mansion set, which was undoubtedly one of the best mansion sets in daytime ever (second to the Capwell mansion over in Santa Barbara).
- Holly has been written very well this time around - much closer to the Holly we knew and loved.
- [quote] Holly has been written very well this time around - much closer to the Holly we knew and loved.
A good thing, too! Otherwise, she'd have to go on Twitter to complain about the bad writing!
- How the f**k!! did Obrecht get to the Alden mansion so quick? She just left her daughter's apartment and showed up in Corinth in minutes!
- Anna and Britt's scenes today would have meant so much more if the show has spent time building an adversarial relationship between them for the past year. It was a story all laid out to be told, but there is so much going on, that good character-driven stories are being ignored. If Anna had been used in the Patrick-Britt story since the beginning, creating a wonderful animosity between the two women, then today, Anna's arrest of Britt would have carried alot of weight.
- Do you think Mike Karr is still alive, or did he piss off some meth addict he prosecuted?
- I'd rather they revisit the PC vampire story again. I know. I'm the only one who wishes that, lol.
I'd love them to bring some of the Edge actors on the show. Loving isn't bad either. I'd love for Gwen to escape and terrorize everyone maybe kill Franco and let RH come back as a third character. It can't be worse than his Franco. Hey, he played Ken or Kent or someone like that on Loving. Let him come back as that character. The actress who played Lorna wasn't much of an actress but she was so beautiful. Ava I could not stand. What's her face who plays Carly was on Loving, she could play two characters, maybe it would leave less time for freaking Kiki.
- I thought the same thing R410. It made no sense whatsoever.
R411 makes good points, but I still really enjoyed the Anna/Britt scenes today. I'm loving Finola Hughes since she's been back and she looks great as well.
- well Anna knows that Britt has been mean to Emma
- I don't think Anna needed any back story to give today's episode weight.
#1 She knows Britta was a cunt to Emma
#2 She believes Britta was harboring the woman who tried to kill Duke.
She should have just shot the bitch.
- I interpreted the Cornith references as Ron just taking advantage of the ABC characters he can use. In addition to the Port Charles, Loving and The City characters, there's also plenty of Ryan's Hope characters that ABC owns.
He can't use the Edge of Night characters since they're owned by P&G. But I agree, would love to see Sky and Raven again. It's been 29 years (!!!) since the show was canceled.
Yes, the Alden mainsion on Loving was an amazing set. Fantastic set. This one on GH comes no where close to recreating it.
Didn't the Gwyneth Alden character die at the end of Loving? I don't recall who all is left alive from Cornith. Anybody remember?
But Ted King's Danny Roberts character from Loving/The City is still alive. Maybe Ron C can bring Ted over and do his aborted plot about Lorenzo Alcazar impersonating Tomas Delgado with the Danny Robert character instead.
- P & G owns Edge Of Night so unfortunately those characters can't be used unless they are licensed. Though I remember Old and The Rested and As The World Burns had a crossover years ago with Sony owning Y & R and P & G owning ATWT. Then again they were both on CBS at that point and the network probably encouraged it.However Ron could slyly refer to Sky and Raven in some way. Or even the lovely and eminently fuckable Martine. God she was so hot.
- Edge of Night is the one I think they could reboot and have a real daytime mystery show again.
Unfortunately, most of the originals are dead or not camera ready anymore.
- Gwyneth killed herself at the end of the Loving Murders. Injected herself with poison with the help of Steffi (Amelia Heinle).
Of the Aldens, Trisha (Noelle Beck) was left alive, but she was offscreen with amnesia living a 'new life'. She had appeared during the story and promised Gwyneth she would come back when she was 'the daughter you knew' again, but given that Gwyneth had developed a "Trisha" split personality, was killing in her name and tried to frame her I doubt Trisha ever returned to town.
OLTL has the rights to the Ted King Tomas character but I doubt they will ever touch the dead end role or the dangling plot thread again unless ABC and PP come to an agreement about future cooperation...which they are now likely to do.
- I loved that Loving murder story. The woman who played Gwyneth gave a hell of a performance.
Maybe Ron and Frank can bring back that hot Trucker McKenzie!
- r417, Gwyneth killed all the members of her family (and other loved ones) before she injected herself with poison and died after her attempt on Steffi Brewster failed: her ex-husband Clay, her son Curtis, her in-laws Cabot and Isabelle, her nephew Jack's wife Stacey, and her ex-lover Jeremy Hunter. The only loved one who escaped her mercy killings was her daughter Trisha, who was off the show by then and living in Europe as an amnesiac living a whole new life.
- I quit watching the show by the early 90s, so didn't see the murders. Who of the original Alden family is still alive?
Cooper Alden? Jack Forbes? Lorna Forbes? Ann Alden Forbes?
What about Dinah Lee Mayberry? Jeff Hartman? Ava Rescott?
Cesar Faison was on the show in the early 90s, so some of the Loving characters turning up in Port Charles wouldn't be too outrageous.
- What about Dark Shadows characters. I think that was owned by ABC. I know most of the actors are dead but some of the younger ones might still be out there. Imagine GH starting with "My name is Victoria Winters."
- No, R424, the ownership of Dark Shadows is in someone else's hands. NBC did a nighttime version (featuring, of all people, Ellen Wheeler).
And of course, there's that dreadful film.
- Dark Shadows? The whole vamp storyline on PC and the recent shitty one on GH was a homage to DS to begin with. I think they are fucking up enough with the GH characters they have they don't need to add more. If someone like Noelle Beck shows up i think it will be as a totally new character......
However I must admit it would be campy fun for Ron and Frank to give a shutout to EON especially Sky and Raven. A passing mention will suffice......
- When are we going to find out what Maeve, Delia and Frank are up to?
Heather could remember she posed as Delia for a while back in the 80s.
- A World Apart never got a satifying conclusion. Bring those characters over to GH for an arc. Susan Sarandon, Susan Sullivan and Clifton Davis are all still alive. It would be great fun.
- The Loving murders was the last great murder mystery done on daytime. Carefully plotted out, it knew exactly where it was leading, and because the show was coming to an end, it could goin directions most soaps can't when it comes to similar storylines. Gwyneth's unveiling was truly a shocker. The story was the brainchild of Barbara Estenton (sp?) and James Harmon Brown, who went on to revive GL for a while with the Ross-Blake-Ben triangle and the Phillip-Harley pairing before they misdirected the show with the dreadful clone story, the creation of Cassie Layne, and the infiltration of the Santos and San Cristobal families.
Interestingly, they also scripted the Nursery Rhyme stalker storyline which was very similar to the Loving murders but with a twist - Holly went nuts and terrorized all the "bad mothers" of Sprngfield. What was it about mothers that they hated?
- Dark Shadows 1991 didn't feature Ellen Wheeler. She played throwaway character Phyllis Wicke for a couple of episodes. The only thing people seems to remember Ellen for is what she did the Guding Light. Ellen did a great job as Marly and then Victoria on AW in the 80s.
- Big reveal: Roger Coleridge is Sonny's father!
- I never liked that casting. Roge didn't look like Sonny and vice versa. Then again Roge needed a job and GH was happy enough to oblige him!
R427 Probably not,Ron has a hard on for Loving. Or maybe Yasmin Bleeth can come to Port Charles as a strung out drug addicted Ryan! Talk about art imitating life!
R429 The last great silly murder mystery was the puppet murders on Edge of Night. What gall, what a sense of camp. How the audience bought into it I'll never know but stranger things have happened. Like the Cassadines trying to freeze things, Todd Manning being pumped up by the OLTL kids as an OK guy and Lord Geary the Rapist being portrayed as a latter day Bond!
- Maybe Grant Show can come on as that Hyde guy?
- The last and best murder mysteries IMO were the Doug Cummings storyline on ATWT and the Who Shot Jake storyline on AW.
Nothing today holds a candle to those 2 storylines.
- I actually enjoyed GH this week. Perhaps the best week all summer. I guess Connie's murder is coming up soon. Is this going to be a big whodunit or will she simply be a victim of the Jerome's?
- Nobody's done a real good murder mystery for years.
The Cummings mystery was OK but the person they picked as the killer was sort of lame.
The Jean Wetherill murder on GL and of course, the who killed Will Cortlandt on AMC were two of the better ones.
- Another good mystery was GL's Sonni/Solita storyline.
- Best murder mystery of all time was The Stephanie Martin Murder, followed by the Salem Strangler.
- [quote] Dark Shadows 1991 didn't feature Ellen Wheeler. She played throwaway character Phyllis Wicke for a couple of episodes
Um...that's what feature means, hon. It means she wasn't the star, or a regular cast member, but she was a featured player.
- R435 Supposedly it is a woman who shoots Connie
- Her cousin? Nah. I'm sure it will be Ava and she'll get away with it since MW is a fan fave.
- I would gladly volunteer to kill Connie. I'm sure I'm not alone.
- [quote] Another good mystery was GL's Sonni/Solita storyline.
That was a mess, since the direction changed a few times (mostly because of the writers strike) but yes, an entertaining mess and one of my favorite stories.
And Michelle Forbes is fucking fabulous. Her and Watros are the only two that have ever made Zimmer look good.
- I loved the Eliot Dorn murder - how they tied it into the Emily Michaels story was brilliant. The Eliot Dorn murder was the culmination of a string of murder msyetries that started way back with the Winter Austen story, which seagued into the Margo Huntington story, which led to the puppet murders. Very cool.
The Salem Strangler was the best stalker story ever done on daytime TV. I remember the unmasking of the strangler was just riveting television, killing off long-time character Mary Anderson. Other shows tried to copy that story - even DAYS itself over and over - but they never came close to giving us true red-blooded story like that one. And Samantha Evans' murder was the best twist ever.
- Am I being picky and an asshole, if I point out that only certain people left Corinth. The whole town didn't just leave. There was a college there and other families. The whole town just didn't give up because Gwyneth went crazy.
- Yikes. I just had a light bulb moment of why I don't like Ron Carlivati's style of soap writing.
He writes backwards instead of forward.
I didn't watch Loving or The City or PC so I have no clue where any of these little references are going or if they're going anywhere at all.
FORWARD Ron. No magic TV to tell me what I did watch isn't what really happened at all. (OLTL plot.)
Move the story FORWARD. Lose the fucking backfill of remember this of that from 20 years ago or, even worse, trying to rewrite the past.
The blasts from the past were appropriate and nice enough for the 50th anniversary but enough already. It's time to move on with what's left of GH's cast NOW.
- My favorite murder storyline will always be Diana Taylor's. although Susan Moore's was pretty good too.
- R444 The Clow Puppet Murders were positively silly. What a low point in soapdom. I must admit it was fun but so lowbrow in the end.Edge of Night was using recycled music from the other P & G soaps and it looked like it used old sets for Search For Tomorrow as well! Lori Loughlin was so pretty though. And of Martine played by Sonia Petrovna was so seductive. Carlo Crown was a prick but there was something that I liked about him. Was it because he pinged? Or was it his stagey and hammy bad boy routine? There were a lot of copycat looking gays(gay clone look a la Harry Reems) on that show as well. That Tom Selleck look really was featured on that soap compared to other ones.
I liked the Salem Strangler storyline. Knowing Ron he'll throw in a tribute to it in Kelly's last episode! Or was he just a One Live to Lose/Generic Hospital/All My Crap/ABC fan? Judging from his writing for women he was definitely a big fan of Old and The Rested's Jill Abbott(Ms Brenda Dickson. She was such a bad actress, was so campy but played a spectacular cunt!
- I meant the Clown Puppet Murders.
- The Will Courtlandt murder was a good storyline in general incorporating most of the cast and not completely overwhelming the other stories. Storylines such as Hayley and Brian and Erica/Adam/Dimitri existed within the story and were not steamrollered by it.
The one negative is a problem with most soap murders. The killer is either someone so evil you can foresee who it is, or it is someone so inconsequential that you are who cares. In this case it was Janet who was already written into a corner, and really more of a plot point than real character anyway. When Robin Matteson played her she was more fleshed out, and even when Collins player her after that she was interesting, but at that time she was a cartoon who had run its course.
- With all due respect to the genre today, it is tough to do a decent soap murder mystery because they don't have the time for the most important part of the soap murder mystery which is the build. For instance, you don't do a scene with AJ out of the thin air and then a couple of weeks later he becomes the suspect in a murder mystery. Soaps just don't or can't take the time to thread the mysteries any more, because most soaps stopped writing a long story and just write week to week now.
- Jeremy Hunter's funeral on Loving - great episode. Angie Hubbard, his friend from Pine Valley, gives the eulogy.
- Hmmm Jeremy Hunter...Was he the guy with an accent who was turned into a pillar of salt? Seriously, I remember something like that or am I remembering something that never happened?
Also I'm thinking of the same character, didn't he have a fling with Erica on AMC?
- He was married to Pine Valley's resident super bitches Erica Kane and Natalie Marlowe (the brilliant Kate Collins who also played Natalie's sister Janet Green). He was also married to Ceara Conor, who Genie Francis played and crossed over with him to Loving (before she was fired from that show by ABC who forced her to return to GH as Laura if she wanted to play out her contract).
Anyhow, about Jeremy's death - here is the episode you are looking for, where he was turned into one of his own artworks and cast in plaster by Gwyn Alden, the Loving serial killer -
- Jean LeClerc who played Jeremy was gay wasn't he?
- He wasn't gay, he was Québécois.
- The beautiful Kate Collins:
- R455 I know he is from Quebec but I've heard that he is gay.
- I truly like Genie Francis as an actress, but I think the Laura character right now on GH is a snooze. I liked GF as Genevieve Atkinson on Y&R much better. They need to give Laura something to do outside of being the other half of a super couple of yesteryear.
- Tony carried Genie for years.
- Nora darling that has to do with Cartooni and Valentino's misuse of her character.They have an empress at their disposal but they treat her like a mere chambermaid.
- [quote]Tony carried Genie for years.
They used Genie's popularity with viewers to redeem Tony's character after the rape.
Neither of them is much of an actor. She's vapid and he's a hambone.
- You don't get much more 80's soap than Jeremy Hunter. Ex-mercenary turned Buddhist monk with psychic visions who breaks his vow of chastity for true love with Erica. I started watching right when Erica was first involved with Travis, so I just missed the Erica and Jeremy coupling. I always had a hard time picturing them as a couple.
- I like Larkin Malloy is almost anything even on AMC but Jeremy and Erica were something else I tell you.As Travis he had to follow that act and did a decent job considering what and who he was following. He did his best Sky/Kyle imitation and did a commendable job but Jeremy was something else.
Why hasn't Ron brought Larkin on as an anonymous character who might be his Loving character,Travis,Kyle or even Sky? It would be a hoot but he is so obsessed with the Mafia now we won't get anything cool like that.
- Thank you R554. I thought maybe I imagined it, lol. It was so good to see that clip again. I really appreciate you doing that.
- [quote] Why hasn't Ron brought Larkin on as an anonymous character who might be his Loving character,Travis,Kyle or even Sky?
I know when he appeared on the Susan Lucci/AMC Oprah episode he looked very unhealthy. I think he was on steroids for some health issue.
I thought he had the aids
- I though he had the aids refers to r466 not r456(but it may still apply actually the last time I saw JL)
- No, I don't think Larkin has HIV/AIDS. You don't get that bloated, generally, if that was the case.
I think it was more liver or thyroid.
I wish him well, but from everything I've heard he's incredibly difficult to work with and not a ray of sunshine, in general.
- Jeremy was one of the first characters to signal AMC's slow downward spiral. What a fucking ridiculous character. And LeClerc was such a grossly self-involved, narcissistic, uninteresting actor. And he treated his then- bf Christopher Durham like shit when Durham tested HIV +.
- I didn't know Jean was gay.
I never thought Chris Durham was all that hot but when he was on ATWT his brother was played by Richard Burgi. THAT's a fucking hot man, right there.
- Funny, Chris Durham is in NYT from 2 years ago...
Could that really be just a friend, or is she still in the closet?
- Who's afraid of Dr. Liesl Westbourne? Allison Perkins returned for the Season 1 finale of OLTL yesterday to drug Clint and terrorize Natalie.
- Yikes. If the big OLTL reveal was that we have to go through ANOTHER round of Mitch Laurence, I am so done with OLTL.
Are there no interesting stories for them to tell? Shit, I can think of 20 off the top of my head.
- Mitch is dead, r474. He was killed in the last week on ABC and dragged to Hell by other deceased OLTL villains.
Allison is working for her brother, Carl Peterson, who is behind the evil secret cartel which has been terrorizing Todd, Victor and all of Llanview. They have been drugging Clint. She was holding Victor for the cartel in the finale on ABC. Now she is back!
- I know he's "dead" R474 but that didn't stop OLTL from the last 3,465,785 of him (or of Victor Lord, for that matter.)
I'd love to see Barbara Garrick play someone non-nutty. Like DeDe from Tales, but in one of these shows.
- Holy shit!
Maxie and Johnny are having a baby! God I miss his bulge
- Wow. Not only that but they're MARRIED. Wasn't he just dating someone else at GH not that long ago?
- R478, Brandon Barash was engaged to Natalie Hall from AMC. They broke up shortly before he took up with Kirsten Storms.
- I would have gladly taken Brandon's baby making jizz. But I'm not blond. Or female.
Oh well, I can dream.
- Kirsten and Brandon? Is this life imitating art? Or a showmance? Maybe Lord Geary is the father......;)
R477 Lady Geary? Does Tony have a sister or are you just a cunted mess pretending that Anthony is a she?
- I'll miss the actress who played Connie. I wonder if she is going back to Broadway? She replaced Sutton Foster in YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.
- BB and KSt won't last 2 years IMO.
He's a cheater and she has a history of drug use.
- R482 I like her she's too good for this train wreck. Generic Hospital has become so camp Valentino and Cartooni have done her a favor. At least she doesn't have to be the gazillion faces of Eve for awhile....
- Robin is coming back on CONTRACT!!
See ya Sabrina!
- Brandon didn't cheat - the fiance did. With some guy in the movie they were in
I think they will make it.
Did you guys know his father was the CEO of Sysco foods? I think they are pretty much set financially.
- Thrilled about Robin return. Hopefully TR/ Robert is not far behind, with a contract of his own. This show really could use that character.
- R485 They'll be a love triangle with Emma feeling sympathy for Sabrina blah blah blah. Britta will be paired with some male cunt/quasi-twink like Morgan or Mikey.
R487 I'd love to see Scorpio come back for good BUT do they have the money? FV might have to break his piggy bank!
- Robert is worth trimming some of the fat.
- Don't really care much for Robin anymore. She was super adorable as a child, OK as a teen, but as an adult she's turned into a sanctimonious, finger-wagging scold. Little Miss Fucking Perfect and don't you forget it.
- New thread title?
- Show was so much more enjoyable for the past two weeks without Franco on.
Luckily Franco wasn't in too many scenes on Tuesday or Wednesday, unlike the entire month of July when he completely dominated the show. But his very presence on my screen just seemed to drag the whole show down.
- This show will be ratings GOLD once they bring my ass back on.
- The actress who plays Britt and the actor who plays Morgan are a real-life couple.
- Who? Talk about the nobody gives a shit department...;) She was such a pretty virgin wasn't she? She was the angel to Heather's cunty demon. From what I understand she went on to do one of the P & G CBS soaps. You know the ones that weren't run by the Bells meaning that they had people who didn't sleepwalk through their scenes and act like zombies in every scene! As bad as Generic Hospital has been lately nothing is worse than Bland and The Boring and Old and The Rested right now. I think that Cartooni could actually improve those shows!
- R494 Yeah, she's the cougar in the relationship! She'll wise up and find out that her next job will be dependent on what ancient TV producer she sleeps with. The near twink will be gone in no time....
- I'm not crazy about Robin the adult either but I like that she is Robert and Anna's daughter so I will be happy to see her back as long as Robert comes with the deal.
- Speaking of old and rested - a photo of Doug Davidson from his younger days:
- It's ironic that Kirsten and Brandon were staying at Lady Geary's Amsterdam home when they conceived. LOL.
- [quote] This show will be ratings GOLD once they bring my ass back on.
Ms. Pratt, perhaps you could return to All My Children as Barbara Montgomery. I'm sure they can squeak an extra twenty dollars a day out of the budget for you to bring....whatever it is that you bring to the show.
- A lot of the younger actors visit Tony in Amsterdam. I think he is awesome for opening up his home to co-workers.
- Not at all a quiet week in the city on the big lake.
For the next thread, how about something alluding to Frau Doctor Olbrecht?
Eurofiend genius bitch on the loose in northeastern US, victims in comas (or something)
- Not a bad idea BUT hausfraus and anti-soap people will have seen it here first!Or even more directly: Frau Farbissina Clone seen in upstate New York!
- I vote for R503. The only thread title I ever came up that actually worked was the pickle relish one.
- The new thread title should be
Breaking: CDC investigating a deadly pathogen in upstate New York water supply
- That might completely freak the shit out of regular NY residents, R505! What about something that references plutonium poisoning instead?
- There's already an Ava Jerome thread that could be the next one. I created it when this one was mysteriously offline for a day or so.
Let's use the Ava thread you created.
I think MW is a goddess in this role. A total 180' from when she played Carly Tenney
- IA, let's use the Ava thread.
- What's the hurry? There are still 90 replies left in this one!
- Connie you in danger gurl! #GH
- What's on Connie's iPod?
"Sonny one so blue, I love you..."
- R508 She(Maura West) looks like she uses more facial fillers than Nicole Kidman,Joan Rivers Madonna and the rest of Hollywood combined! She's been good doing her femme fatale TCM/retro act on GH I'll give her that BUT those old time actresses actually had facial expressions.
- For a new thread title, how about: "Multi-talented Susan Pratt Mulls Her Comeback!"
- Oh, I didn't mean right now. I meant when this one reaches 600.
- Interesting blocking for fall GH
- The best is number 6 featuring Robin, Scorpio(Robert),Faison and Holly. So Scorpio is back...for good? Or is he going off into the sunset with Holly?
- Hmmm, did RC finally realize Franco isn't working? Don't notice him from here to November.
- Very awkward scene of Alexis confessing to a total stranger how she conceived Sam.
I realize it was needed to advance plot so Derek/Julian will learn Sam is his daughter.
But damn, it was poorly written. The actors did the best with what they had, but it sure was awkward.
- r518 Not only is Franco not in that breakdown, neither is Carly.
- Good catch R520. Ah, and behind the scenes it gets more and more interesting.
- Molly, Rafe, TJ and Taylor are all missing from the breakdown as well.
The teen set they've completely abandoned in the last two months. When was the last time we even saw Rafe? Or Taylor (Felix's sister) for that matter? I mean, Rafe was on more episodes in February than any other character, and now he's non-existant.
Also missing are Diane, Sean, Max and Milo, but I would guess they would likely be peripherally involved with Sonny storylines.
- Is there currently any OLTL thread where one can discuss Andy T.'s feets?
- No, R523. there are none. Each and every one gets deleted.
- There is the Tuc Watkins comes out thread, r523. But I think this thread should double for AMC and OLTL as well as GH.
Andy's feets weren't as interesting as his massive girth in his jogging shorts several weeks ago with Dorian and Hot for Teacher, though.
- So you've decided you want this thread to be deleted, R523 / R525 and you've set out to make that happen? Why else would anyone discuss an OLTL twink's feet on a GH thread?
- What's the best site for GH casting news, scoop and spoilers? I want to know ahead of time if Stumpy and Harlot are going to have a fatal encounter with a wood chipper. So I can plan a celebration.
- I'll actually miss Connie. Why couldn't they try her with someone other than Sonny? Eh. Actress is too good for this show anyway.
- [quote]I'll actually miss Connie
I will too. Maybe now she'll relocate back to NY and audition for more Broadway shows.
- Kelly Sullivam (Connie) is a victim of Ron Carlivati's piss poor writing when it comes to women.
They're either shrews, cunts, or crazy bitches. And he made Kate/Connie crazy.
- I felt bad for Connie on Friday. I was loving Nasty Michael. Cannot wait for the fallout today with Maxie and the baby.
- R527 Micheal Fairman has a good site. There's Daytime Confidential as well.
I'll miss Kelly, she's beautiful and talented and she belongs on something better. She deserves a career better than languishing on soaps.
- Triscuit must live a boring life. He's always on twitter talking about being home alone and bored. Even tries to solicit conversation with his followers. If I were his age again and looked like that I would be out living it up.
- Not to mention unleashing the python in his mesh shorts wherever and whenever I could!
- If Triscuit is bored, he should be taking more acting classes.
- I think Daytime Dish has the best GH info. You have to wade through a lot though.
- Thanks for the recommendations. I like Kelly Sullivan as well, but I guess in the soap endangered world that's the kiss of death. In spite of how much I enjoy seeing her used often, I've always thought Finola Hughes should have gone on to bigger things. I dread watching today's ep because I know Stumpy will be emoting. Gawd, I wish he would be killed off in such a way as to make resurrection impossible!
- Generalhospitalhappenings.com has excellent up-to-date spoilers and pics.
- AJ = Ava Jerome.
- R534 and R535
Keep the OLTL talk out of this thread.
There is still an active OLTL thread. It's called "Josh (Cutter Wentworth) Kelley"
Look for it and take your discussion there.
- Or possibly Alice. Connie was writing from an odd position.
- FV wants us to think it's AJ
- Knowing Ron it was Julian Jerome taking Connie's blood and trying to frame his cunty sister,intials are AJ.Or Julian was trying to frame AJ Q.
- If it does turn out to be Ava I hope it doesn't mean she'll be killed off herself. GH has rehabbed a rapist and a pocket gangster, so doing the same with a murderess shouldn't be impossible. Maura/Ava is too good to lose.
- The "AJ" wasn't there when Scummy showed up. She wrote the letters while he was on her desk phone and before she died.
- Speaking of AJ, he's being written just as he used to be - a pathetic loser.
- I hope they redeem him this time.
- AJ is shown in a promo this week all scruffed up. He looked so fucking hot; I know he would be the best in bed. I cannot wait until the baby gets ripped out of Lulu's arms. That bitch is getting on my nerves. I cannot wait for the day Ava and Anna face off in a scene.
- Great site R538. Thank you for the link.
- It would seem that Julian was at GH while the murder took place R544. But in soaps, anything is possible.
The name in blood took me back to the Diana Taylor murder with Anne Logan's name in blood.
- Won't someone PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH??!!!????
- Maura West is the BEST thing on this show!!!!
- R530 Sullivan had chemistry for days with Brandon Barash / Johnny Z. None with Benard. And crazy Connie was far better than the insipid character they killed off. Plus, the "Devil Wears Prada" ripoff was played out long ago.
More oxygen for Maura West
Wish they kept Barash and dropped Benard and the insufferable Dominic Zamprogna, or had cast Barash as Sonny's son. Miss him a lot, and hate the way they wasted that character.
So Kiki is a cousin to Rafe, Sam and Danny? Guess she's not going anywhere.
Most useless character: Sonny, Lulu, Dante, Alexis, or Frahnko?
Barash, so cute/hot on "Gilmore Girls", so game to go no-vanity on "Bones" - he's fun and witty on Twitter,BTW.
Love to see him undressing - Storms is a lucky girl.
Hope he winds up on "Agents Of SHIELD" or somesuch
- [quote]GH has rehabbed a rapist and a pocket gangster, so doing the same with a murderess shouldn't be impossible.
Are you talking about Luke as the rehabbed rapist? I was watching GH during the original story and the rape was never really addressed as such until many years later. At the time people were cheering for Luke and Laura to get together as a couple so what everyone now sees as rape was pretty much glossed over.
And I wouldn't say Sonny was exactly redeemed either. They definitely moved him away from his mob roots over time but he was already established as a popular character.
Ava's a very new character though so I'm not sure fans would be that quick to excuse a big murder.
I don't think the murderer will end up being AJ or Ava. Both are too obvious even if they are writing one of them out.
- Yes. I was referring to Luke. I started watching GH just before Luke and his "forced seduction" of Laura. I never understood how much of the viewing audience was manipulated into rooting for Luke and against Scotty the HUSBAND. I had quit watching before the Godfather Lite takeover and have no use for the mumbling mobster.
- R553 Does she still have the lisp?
- I watched during Laura's days at the Campus Disco. There was no question that Luke raped Laura. She was crying and screaming no. Her clothes were ripped as she ran through the park sobbing afterwards. I was a kid at the time and it was pretty disturbing.
- I hated Luke Spencer. Still do.
Not only did he rape Laura, he put his teenage sister on a street corner to be a prostitute so he didn't have to work. He chose to pimp his own little sister rather than earn a living like normal people.
- Sonny is a thug. Waste of airtime.
- I think the new Lulu is as adorable as all shit. I like her better than the cunty Miss Berman. That being said I can't wait for Spin to take his kid out of Dante and Lulu's hands. I can't stand that pairing. I am rooting for Spin, Ellie and Maxie big time.Is it true that Britta is carrying Lulu and Dante's baby?
- So in the time Franco left the hospital bed and, before he went to the roof, he got a style and got rid of the bleach blonde hair?
- r562, he was just excited about meeting his real biological daughter, Ellie.
- Those scenes with Sonny holding his gun against a pleading AJ's head and calling him "bitch" (?!) were disgusting, true Guza. Why has RC and FV gone 360 with the character of AJ? Did Sean Kanan rebuff one of them?
- I'm hoping the Jeromes put a hit out on Olivia. My God, that actress is a fucking ham! Shaaaaadup already!
I doubt RC or FV want SK's Right Winger/Fox News spouting lard ass.
- Is SK really a right winger because he's one of my favorites right now.
Olivia is not the only one who can't act. Sonny is one of the worst actors ever.
- As speculated months and months and months ago, Ellie will be the real missing Q heir after all.
- I figured they would tie her to a core family somehow. She's too random otherwise.
- They could have just let Ellie transfer to another hospital. Spinelli is on recurring now. Why do we need her around? Too many other newbies plus the vets that need screen time.
H is a Right Wing nutjob. He has even linked Ring Wing crap on his Twitter.
He has his own radio show where he spews shit too.
- [quote]As speculated months and months and months ago, Ellie will be the real missing Q heir after all.
I've also seen it speculated elsewhere that she's on her way out the door. So if she is the missing Q heir I would guess it's only in order to pass her shares on to someone else. Probably the "new" Franco, her real dad. I can't see Cartini elevating Ellie to a contract character but they sure are pushing the hell out of the Livers. This would be a very easy way to make Franco central to any Q family drama.
- SO many soap stars are right wingers/fundie types. Kanan being one doesn't faze me. He's still a hot daddy and a great actor, an important part of the show.
- Ugh! He retweeted the link to this Facebook post on July 25. Definite evidence that he's a right-winger. I don't want to scroll any further.
- I'm looking at who he follows. Cornel West? That's a head scratcher. Why would someone who retweeted something so racist follow Dr. West? It makes no sense. Kanan also follows Sean Hannity, Mitt Romney, Karl Rove, Drudge Report, and "Red Eye" (Fox News). Yuck! And he follows WalMart! Who the fuck follows them? Gross! I am convinced he's a right-winger. That sucks. I used to crush on him when I was a teenager.
When the verdict came in he also tweeted that the Trayvon murder had nothing to do with race.
- R576, I didn't scroll down enough to see that. What a fucking moron!
- Oooh, had no idea Kanan was a fundie. But he's from the same area Rick Santorum is, so not a surprise.
- JUST A REMINDER for when we hit 600 - New thread is already up and running here:
- AJ and Jason were supposed to be related in real life. Distantly from what I've heard.
I don't give a shit if Sean is right wing as long as he is for marriage equality and for us to blow each other whenever the fuck we want!
- Yeah, somehow Burton and Kanan were distantly related.
Let's talk about something more interesting than Fat AJ. Like fit-fat Nikolas.....
- Ugh, TC looks like he would be a dullard in real-life and in the bedroom. He's too obsessed with how he looks - the roids, the tight shirts, the plugs/wigs/Toppix/whatever he is doing with his hair. He probably has the personality of a shoe. His acting ability certainly shows that.
- This show is in desperate need of a guy who will light the screen on fire with his acting chops, sex appeal, and charisma. They have no one know who is doing that. They should be hiring the casting team over at DOOL. They know how to find the real talented meat.
- What about Bill DeVry who plays Julian/Derek? I know he's gasp 45 or thereabouts but I think he's kind of hot.
- I'm just grateful that RH finally got rid of that ridiculous blonde hairdo.
- After 20+ years of GH Sonny/Carly/Jason Bad-Decisions Theater, it's nice to have a character like Ellie who actually thinks about her actions and the consequences.
Probably means that the character won't be around much longer.
- I was thinking the same thing. I really like Ellie and I'm hoping that she is the missing Q. Her scenes with Franco were good yesterday. Her straightness against his clownlike personality could work.
- Ellie isn't going anywhere.
- Bill DeVry is very attractive, but he isn't going to take this show into a whole new direction.
- Laura and Scotty's goodbye scenes were very well done, but - Holy Shit! - they were only married a couple of months ago. They should have used Scotty and Laura's marriage as more of a story.
Lulu's reaction to her father dying was a bit anti-climactic.
Luke and Tracy's goodbye scene was very well-done. This was the first time I "got" them as a couple. There was much more tenderness and deeper meaning than anything that transpired between Geary and Francis today.
William De Vry's grandfather started De Vry University. WdV is also engaged to Rebecca Staub (ex GL and PC)
- He's very attractive and sexy. Staab is lucky. And that's nice trivia about DeVry University.
- Laura and Scotty broke up already?
- Is Robert coming or not?
- Robert is supposed to come in October/Nov I think.
- What are they thinking breaking them up so soon? There was a history to build on and it could have been interesting. But what am I thinking? They might rob Stumpy of valuable air time and we can't have that.
- The Soap Digest summary for Sonny basically said, "We don't have anything for him to do, except be all up in everyone else's business."
- let's put this thread to bed...
- And three...two.....
- NEW THREAD HERE: