- love you, OP. I hope you're having a great weekend, wherever you are.
"My body is your party, baby"
"I can do it slow now baby tell me what you want"
"You can't keep your hands off me. Touch me right there-rock my body"
"I'm doing this little dance for you"
My only issue with Ciara is her current bf, the rapper Future, has kids with other women already. She's too young and doesn't have kids so I think it's silly for her to be messing with someone sloppy like Future.
- She's pretty. I'm happy she's having success now. Rihanna has been being very mean to her on twitter for a while now.
- She looks like a model.
- She's okay, but pedestrian-pretty. Rihanna, on the other hand, is a beauty.
- R1, Thank you. There are many anonymous posters on DL that have written very kind words to me, that are so helpful. I've also gotten incredible guidance and advice. I am always happy to return the favor by starting desirable threads.
- She has had modelling contracts. Not sure if she's still doing that now. The cover pic for her "Body Party" single is beautiful.
- Yeah, but Rihanna is a bitch, R4. Ciara is MUCH nicer.
- Is it at least pronounced "Kiera"?
- She should, R6. And you're right that is a beautiful photo.
- She is so phenomenally talented it's a wonder she's not up there with Rihanna and Beyonce, but rumor has it she was a LOT to deal with in her heyday and burned a ton of bridges with very powerful people.
The Basic Instinct CD was a public embarrassment where she went explicitly against her label and they pulled ALL promo support.
She's having moderate success with this new "era" and LA Reid had to pull every string in the book to do it.
Body Party has hit #25 on the hot 100 (very good for a pure R&B song these days) and with more of a push the single will go gold.
The CD is debuting with around 70k sales, which is not amazing, but not a complete embarrassment either.
The CD itself is nice. It's pleasant enough with a lot of catchy songs. She's not where she was, but she's not completely over, either.
She's been around for so long you forget she's only 27.
And there's nobody around right now that can dance as well as her. NOBODY.
- I think both Rihanna and Ciara are 2 of the better looking under 30 girls in hollwyood now. What I like more about Ciara is A) she's not a crazy druggie (as far as we know) and B) she is a great dancer. She can move better than Beyonce and MUCH better than Rihanna
love this pic
- Yes, she's a great dancer. Doesn't she claim that she isn't a trained dancer? I find that hard to believe.
- Ciara said she was a cheerleader in high school. That would make her flexible.
She does glam and casual chic well.
- She's a perfect example of the manufacture of stars. It's more about whose team is better than who is more talented. (Beyoncé is the Queen of that shit.)
I do like Rihanna's songs because her songwriting/production is good, but if her voice wasn't conducive to autotune she wouldn't be where she is.
She's not that pretty after a few years of hard living and beautiful women are not rare anymore.
- She's been compared to Janet ever since she debuted. She always gives props to Janet for being her #1 inspiration, and she recently said on either the Today show or GMA that Janet is the one artist she'd like to collaborate with.
- [quote]I do like Rihanna's songs because her songwriting/production is good
You have no taste.
- They are catchy for what they are, r16-- background pop music.
I don't pretend they're genius musical statements.
- R15 true. Ciara is the best dancer of her age group. Even though others such as Beyonce and Britney were influenced by Janet in their choreography, it's Ciara who goes out of her way to announce it.
- Ciara at the Diana Ross Tribute
How does she change her clothes so fast when she switches to the "Upside Down" number?
- She's a gorg gal.
- I like her- at least much more than the gay hating island slut.
- Rhi Rhi loves the gays!
- R19 thanks for that-hadn't seen it before. Ciara did a passable job with those 2 songs. big LOL at Hateretha doing the finger snap at 1:45.
- can we not discuss Rihanna in this thread? Ciara is the topic.
- Details r2!
- She used to be a man!
- Ciara is far more talented vocally and as a dancer than Rihanna but Riri can put over a song really well, and that's part of why she has so many hits. (Producers arethe main reason, though, with her looks another.)
- She looks like she could be the daughter of Wanda sykes.
Blue Ivy Carter
- R25 it's not a short answer lol. It started last year on twitter after Ciara appeared on Fashion Police. It also happened again a few months ago when Ciara started promoting "Body Party" and the press kept asking her about Rihanna.
- [quote]Ciara is far more talented vocally and as a dancer than Rihanna
As a dancer, hell yeah, but as a singer, no. Ciara pretty much only has one tone to her register. Rihanna is not the best singer, but given the right track she can belt (i.e. "Diamonds", "We Found Love", "Only Girl In The World", "What Now").
- So Ciara's album will debut at #2, which is really the best they could have hoped for because unfortunately for her, Jay Z also decided to drop his album last week. Clearly she's not a flop like some of her detractors were saying was going to happen.
R30 Rihanna does have a "louder" voice than Ciara but it's by no means pretty. Rihanna has a weird tone. I actually don't think Ciara and Rihanna would be capable of singing each other's songs because their voices are that different and limited.
- I bought her album, party out of pity and I knew someone who worked on her songs. It's well-produced and has good tunes. Sometimes I think the songs tend too much to sex stuff.
- No one answered by question at R19
How did she change her clothes so fast. And on stage too!
- R32 ooh any gossip on her from that acquaintance of yours? Or did he not deal directly with her? I'm curious if he has any thoughts on Ciara. Also, I've only heard "Sorry", "Body Party" and "I'm Out". Are any of the other tracks on there standouts?
- a good week for Ciara indeed: her album debuts at #2 behind Jay-Z, "Body Party" climbs even higher on the hot 100 to #22 and her next single "I'm Out" bumps up to #44 in it's 2nd week after being released.
- r34, there are much, MUCH better songs on that CD than "I'm Out."
Super Turnt Up is CLASSIC Ciara. I think it should be a 3rd single. DUI, Overdose, and Livin It Up (also w/Nicki) are good songs, too.
- I'm not feeling "I'm Out". I like the idea of a positive break up song but the beat and vocals don't sound good to me. Minaj of course doesn't help matters.
- This album news is great for CiCi. People had pretty much written her off, but if not for Jay Z, she would have had a #1 pop album.
- I find it odd her label didn't pick a different week when no one "big" was releasing anything. Clearly she was never going to beat Jay Z but she would have stood a chance against other recent releases.
- more Ciara, she was always a first-billing act in the making. What happened during her little bump in the road to A-list?
glad to see she's back on track.
- R41 Ciara came out just after the time in music when it the "street glam" style peaked for girls. It had crossed over to pop and Ciara's timing was perfect. That trend is over and I think that's why she disappeared for a bit. Rihanna started doing the edgy thing and Beyonce was able to imitate any style successfully. At least for now, Ciara has proven her career is not dead.
RIP to Amerie, Brandy, Mya, Teairra Mari, Cassie and the others of the late 90s and first decade of 2000s generation though. I know Brandy started before that but she was still big 10 years ago.
- [quote]Ciara came out just after the time in music when it the "street glam" style peaked for girls
Very true r42. I think Ciara did that style best. She shouldve just focused on being an "urban" artist. Her pop is just way too bland.
I also think she couldve done a better job with the classic sample from Ghost Town DJs. Every time I hear Body Party it just makes me want to listen to the original version of the song which bumps way better.
- R43 I get your point but I think Ciara and the producers were going for a super slow joint. My Boo is a bit too fast for slow sexy dancing.
- My friend who worked with her said she was quiet yet kind/friendly, very nervous about the album, knew how to do basically everything in the studio unlike other girls who just sit there while the guys twist knobs. She pitched her voice up on several tracks ala Madonna "Holiday/Borderline" etc. to sound younger.
- R45 thanks for the info. Good to hear that Ciara is not stupid or lazy when it comes to recording songs. When you say "pitched her voice up" do you mean Ciara sang in a higher key, or she had them alter her voice with the computer?
- She should definitely stop turning up in that fake group that kim Kardashian tries to pass off as her clique of friends (Kelly Rowland, Serena Williams, Lala Vasquez, that Gastineau, etc.) That is not a good look for Ciara. Kelly and Ciara are way, way above that Dlist mess.
- I just remember reading something years ago about Ciara pissing some people off when they were trying to pass her and BowWow off as a couple? Apparently Ciara wasn't into it at all and it caused problems?
- R48 well if true, I don't blame Ciara for not wanting there to be a story about her and BowWow lol.
- I'm sorry, but her new album sounds like demo rejects from 2003.
- lol r50
Ciara and Bow Wow dated in 2005..she's talked about it
Im just glad people have stopped saying she's a hermaphrodite. Just because you like pocket gays with braids doesn't mean you're hermaphrodite!
- I love "Super Turnt Up"
Ciara, girl, please dump Future! He's a LOSER. The guy is having drama with not 1 but 2 baby mommas:
- Future is such a lucky SOB. All he does is "rap" (I put quotations because he doesn't even rap fast) with auto-tune. I think he's such a non-talent.
Ciara looked gorgeous in this performance:
- Not a good second week for Ciara's album! Slips from #2 to #20 ouch.
- It'll bounce back. She just needs another hot single.
- She needs to release: Overdose, Livin' it Up, Read My Lips...maybe shoot to have Super Turnt Up on some urban stations.
- Just listened to those other songs, R56. LOVE "Overdose" and "Livin It Up".
- I think "I'm Out" is a shitty single. I agree "Overdose" and "Livin It Up" have potential to be huge hits. Hopefully she'll pick at least 1 of those or "Super Turnt Up" as her next single.
- Really Rihanna? not again. Grow up.
- omg I cant believe we have a Cici stan on DL.
The best thing Ciara can do for me now is to feature some fine, phat assed dudes twerking in her next video. Cici, you know deep down its the only thing that can salvage this record.
- I saw more of Aailyah in Ciara than others she was compared to, especially with her association with Missy. "Oh" is absolutely incredible, one of the best records of the 00s.
Now all we need is an Amerie comeback to complete the set of mid-00s divas.
- R60 hi Rihanna, you hatin' ass bitch.
R61 Amerie is finished. She's already in her 30s and hasn't had a hit in almost 10 years. If Beyonce, Brandy and Monica are struggling, Amerie is RIP.
- R61 - "Oh" is one of the weirdest, most effective pop songs ever written. You've really never heard anything like it then nor since. It was kind of "Crunk" but not really. It was a bizarre song that was wonderful and strange in the best way possible.
I remember it being on the radio every 20 minutes with the Gwen Stefani bananas song.
- I somehow think Beyonce is in a different category to hasbeens Brandy and Monica! Struggling? wtf.
If Ciara can come back, who knows who can. These days there's reality TV and all sorts of routes back in for ex-stars and D-listers. Tamar Braxton got a hit!
- [quote]These days there's reality TV and all sorts of routes back in for ex-stars and D-listers.
- R64 you're missing the point. Beyonce is the biggest star of her age group (early 30s). Her last album was a flop and she's having a hard time picking songs she's satisfied with for the upcoming album.
Brandy and Monica were HUGE until the rise of Beyonce. They're all in the same age group though. They haven't had real hits in years either. Amerie was never the top r&b chick so it's unlikely she'll ever strike it big either. None of them are D-list though.
As for Ciara, she's still young enough, that's why her comeback worked. She only had 1 flop of an album. If she were 5 years older, her comeback probably wouldn't have been successful.
Now Tamar Braxton was D-list but she's quickly rising her status. She's definitely C now and might work her way up to B if she picks a better single ("The One" sucks).
- I can really Ciara having a big underdog style comeback. Beyonce has worn her welcome and Rhi is burning out on drugs.
- Beyonce is going the way of Janet Jackson ten years ago.
Janet went through the same exact thing with Virgin that Beyonce is going through with Columbia. The act becomes so huge they outgrow the confines of a label, but the label is how they get to the masses. So the act ends up falling off. Janet fizzled after she stopped working with Jam & Lewis, Beyonce is fizzling in her post Mathew years.
A new pop queen will emerge soon enough. Ciara needs to just stick to booty music. Thats what we need Ciara!
- Ciara is done! She looks like a Charles rather than a Ciara.
As for Kiara, I like the new girl group Kiara 7. With Kiara 7 and Fifth Harmony and Danity Kane, looks like girl groups are in again.
- Ciara's mom looks great for 50! Guess we can expect Cici to age well too since she's not a druggie or alcoholic.
- the link doesn't work
- My apologies to Ciara, after repeat listenings the album is great! Livin' It Up should be a single!
- Yessss! Ciara's next single will be "Overdose". That really should have been her second album. We'll never know if the label execs simply dropped the ball by assuming having Nicki Minaj's name on the track "I'm Out" would ensure that it does well, or if perhaps Minaj had brokered a guarantee that they would release it as the second single but that song sucked. There are much better songs on the album, including Overdose.
Here's the single artwork cover-it's a racy pic of Ciara touching her man Future's junk!
- I hope "Overdose" does it well. It's very catchy:
- lol Ciara's mom looks like Alexyss Tylor
- haha Alexyss is on the attractive side herself.
- Ciara has always been a gorgeous girl but I really love her styling of the last 2 months. She ditched the blonde wig everyone else is doing and looks amazing with dark hair again. Check out her instagram. Impeccable makeup too.
- sigh...so Ciara is now engaged to Future. He's quite handsome and I love his face, but his body is average and at the age of 29 he already has 2 kids by 2 different baby mommas. Ciara has 0 kids. She can do so much better. SO many top-of-the-line guys would love to marry her. Why Future? He's not even the top rapper. I hate his auto-tuned shit rap.
She, like Rihanna, seems to have lower standards. Low self-esteem I guess...
- ugh...so it's rumored that Ciara is now pregnant. I mean, the kid will be gorgeous as both Ciara and Future have beautiful faces but c'mon! Future already has 2 kids by 2 different women and he's not even close to being the #1 rapper! WTF does Ciara see in him? DUMB.
- Ciara has been spotted wearing looser clothing than usual lately so sadly it appears to be true.
- Ciara nooo!
Here she is living it up with Future's 3 other baby mommas. I hate how she is lowering herself like that:
- Future's baby mommas posing together with all his kids (Ciara, girl, don't do it, bitch!):
- again how'd she change her clothes so fast in R19 ?
- what a waste for her to be knocked up by Future...damn
- So I guess she's no longer promoting the album? She had some great pop songs on there. Shame.
- Sad she is part of a harem
- The record company slipped when they didn't release OVERDOSE as the follow-up single to BODY PARTY. It is a vastly superior song to the Nicki Minaj travesty I'M OUT. Pop radio would have eaten it up. They've finally released it, but it may be a case of too little, too late.
- R87 totally agreed. "Overdose" is a very catchy song, but no one cares now. If they had released it on the heels of "Body Party", Ciara would be officially back.
I wonder if Nicki Minaj had some sort of deal in which they required Ciara's label to release "I'm Out" as the second single? It wouldn't surprise me if deals like that exist in the music industry. That song was horrible and totally ruined the momentum Ciara was gaining.
- So true, R88. And if they wanted to go with a track that featured Nicki, then they should have dropped the outstanding LIVIN' IT UP as the second single. She's featured prominently after the second verse of that song. Anything other than I'M OUT would have been good.
- She also has struck me as having weak management. She should have been all the
place with acting/modeling gigs. She had a brief role on "The Game" last season. Her management just never seems to get that gig or song to take her over.
- Definitely agree. Rihanna's extracurricular activities outside music has actually helped her music to sell more. We see her face everywhere. Ciara is a beautiful girl too and should have done the same thing.
1 more thing to note-Ciara is signed to Epic Records, headed by LA Reid. He likely has a hand in picking singles. The "I'm Out" debacle probably is his fault. He was on point 20 years ago, but his time is up and he needs to go.
- I just fucking CAN'T! Now Future is saying he's marrying Ciara because she gets along well with his baby mommas, kids and his mother.
Ciara WHY CHEAPEN YOURSELF? She's not a fucking groupie ho. She has had more fame and success than Future. Why date down like that? I guarantee these 2 won't be together forever. She'll simply be baby momma #4. Pathetic.
- Wendy Williams read Ciara and Future for their engagement a couple of weeks ago. I can't help but think about Kandi when I hear this dude has multiple baby mommmas. I guess this would be more acceptable if Future didn't have kids.
r91, now that I know LA probably has a hand in her music right now, it all makes sense. He has been killing careers, BIG names, for the last several years. I would avoid him like the plague if I had any say as the artist. Ciara needs to stick to urban style music. She is ok at pop, but it was the hood that put her on. She is going to flop until she goes back to her roots.
- R93 if she is pregnant, her career is over anyway. She can't do "mommy music" and she's not far from 30.
Unfortunately it appears she'll be known more in the future for being baby momma #4 to Future than anything she did before that.
- Ciara easily the best-dressed celeb at the AMAs. She blew the competition away. Too bad this isn't translating into music sales. She should do a performance of "Overdose" on a late night show or something.
- her first record was so amazing. missy elliott produced songs on it. the second album was allright but that was around the time she found out the man that she was gonna marry was a down low type of guy and that the marriage would be in paper only leading to her to be more emphasizing on her sexuality than not. body party is a return to form
- R96, you're right. Ciara was the IT girl in that summer when "Oh" was out. She's been around a long time, but as others said I think she has weak management. She's very talented in dancing and music production work. Her voice is pleasant. Nicki shouldn't have been on the album twice...it's kinda a kiss of death. See MDNA.
- Count me as one who thinks that Ciara should've had a much, MUCH bigger career than she's had but y'all know she had a reputation as a complete and utter bitch back in her heyday, right?
I remember Sandra Rose spilled all her tea in the "Ciara Diaries" series of blog posts around 2003-4. Ciara was apparently livid when Beyonce and Rihanna REALLY started blowing up in a mainstream way. Apparently she was so jealous of them she couldn't think and went through dozens of staff/management because she just wasn't happening like them. She has a horrible reputation in the industry, which is why her career was effectively killed.
The Fantasy Ride CD was the beginning of the end. Around that time R&B really was on the way out and her label (rightly) thought she had what it takes to be a major popstar so they started pushing her in that direction but she didn't want to. Somehow she wanted to be a major mainstream popstar but still sing R&B stuff. The single with JT did well but the album flopped.
Also don't forget that weird period in which she became a tabloid celebrity being photographed with the likes of the Kardashians. The girl has poor management and no plan.
She became known as a pain to deal with. The "Basic Instinct" record was her idea to again go back to the crunk n b stuff but she had ZERO label support and was dropped. Ciara is not the superstar she deserves to be because Ciara is hardheaded and completely miscalculated where music was trending. There is not an R&B chick out there that is doing more than 100k first week (most only do 65-80) so I have no idea why she was so invested in that genre.
Body Party was a nice little moment and is effectively the highest selling R&B single of the year, but Ciara is over. Even though she's rebuilt her bridges and cleaned up her act professionally, the moment for her to cross that bridge into true pop superstardom is gone. And the choice of the awful, devoid of a hook "I'm Out" as a second single killed the chance of the Ciara CD to become even a modest by R&B standards hit. There will be no third single or video. She's over.
And I'm someone who used to be a superfan.
- She was labeled The Next Janet Jackson when she first came out. She has all the ingredients to carry that title, but weak management is her problem. Her latest CD is filled with potential hits.
- Speaking of 00s R&B singers, I wish Blue Cantrell would come back. She didn't sound like any of the smooth, small-voiced singers of the time.
I read she got into drugs. Hopefully they didn't take her voice a la Whitney.
- "Overdose" has hit-potential, but I think it's too late now. If that had been the single released after "Body Party" I'm sure it would have done well. Now, no one cares.
R100 Blu Cantrell is a nice talent but she is crazy as fuck. It's also rumored Beyonce's team had her blacklisted after Blu called out Beyonce about 10 years ago.
- My aunt works at a hotel and said that Blu Cantrell once stayed there and was a great tipper.
- R102 when was that? 10 years ago? Blu is probably broke now. I mean she did that celebrity circus show a few years ago lmao
So Ciara and Future shot down the rumors of Ciara being pregnant...Future posted a pic the other day of Ciara drinking alcohol. Now some are accusing her of milking the pregnancy rumors for attention lol
- I breathed a sigh of relief knowing Ciara is not pregnat. CIARA, RUN, GIRL! RUN RUN RUN! Get away from that man!
- R104 exactly. Here's hoping he cheats on her and she leaves. Cici can do much better than him obviously.
- r98, thanks for that tea on her.
Well since she is over, I guess she can have a baby with Future since nobody dont give a fuck!
- Are we talking about the girl on survivor?
- She just said that she started working on her 6th album.
- SIGH...it's fucking officially true. Ciara is a dumb bitch...today she was on The View and showed off her baby bump...damn it Ciara...why the fuck did she get with downgrade and multiple baby momma-ed Future?
I won't even be mad if Rihanna clowns her for this. Ciara deserves criticism.
- What a waste for her to be another baby momma...I wonder if they'll stay together.
Ciara is a damn fool.
- so Ciara is at her "happiest" now, according to her. In addition to being pregnant, she's prepping for her Grammys after-show performance (lol smh) and a new album later this year:
- Ciara baby shower pics...she still looks quite pretty even pregnant. Of course loser WhoreTrashian is 1 of her friends and was there...but NEVER smiles! Who poses at a babyshower?
- How does she still have a record deal after such mediocre sales from her albums and singles? People who have sold way more have been dropped, yet she keeps on recording somehow.
- I read recently that she had started work on a new album but I'm sure the pregnancy has delayed that. I wouldn't be surprised if this either takes a couple more years to be released, or the project is totally scrapped.
"Body Party" did really well though. Her career would have been better last year if the second single had been chosen more carefully. "I'm Out" was so stupid. It's clear "Overdose" would have been a hit.
- omg really Ciara? Her baby boy was born yesterday and he is named...Future Zahir Wilburn. Keep in mind Future is only daddy Future's stage name but it's the real name they gave to the baby lol
- annnnd it's official: Ciara is a dumbass. Just 3 months after having her baby and getting engaged, she has broken up with Future after finding out the loser cheated on her. Keep in mind Future has multiple children by multiple other women.
Rihanna must be laughing hard at this.
- I actually like Future's music, but yeah everyone told Ciara she was just going to be another one of his baby mamas. These hoes just don't listen. Well the d*ck must have been good for her make a huge fool of herself.
- Ciara is the dumbest of his baby mamas. Not only is she the only famous one, she's more successful than him and named her son Future! Her baby daddy's stage name is her son's fucking first name!!! DUMB.
I think everyone except her knew they wouldn't last as a couple lol
- Hi, Ciara. Congrats.
- I'll never understand why some women lower themselves for lesser men and don't seem to expect said lesser men to embarrass them. Ciara is a classic case.
- [quote]annnnd it's official: Ciara is a dumbass. Just 3 months after having her baby and getting engaged, she has broken up with Future after finding out the loser cheated on her. Keep in mind Future has multiple children by multiple other women.
Oh, lord - what a moron she is. I mean, we all knew it wouldn't last, but already??? She sure picked a winner.
- Ciara now being even more of an idiot...it's being reported she and Future are trying to work things out and are back living together...
as if his irresponsible ass won't cheat again? DUMB bitch! Wake up Ciara! Your baby daddy ain't shit!
- She needs Alexyss Tylor to show up on her doorstep and slap her right in the face.
Future is controlling her with the dick! PREDATOR MODE!
- R123 all 3 live in Atlanta lol it should happen! preach Alexyss!
- Ciara gets mistaken for Rihanna at Paris Fashion week
Oh, the SHADE of it all dahling! LOL
- Lmao both must be pissed
- Ciara new song + video "I Bet"
She is looking absolutely BEAUTIFUL! and her body is back to being SNATCHED! Those legs are gorgeous too!
This song is directed at Future of course. Ciara, gurl, we ALL knew you could have and should have picked someone MUCH better. Now you're stuck with a baby by this fool, though at least the baby is cute
I like the song and video:
- damn she looks good. Cute song too
- She looks great
- I like this and she does look amazing, but I kinda wish she had stuck with the "Oh" sound. That was really unique and well suited for her.
- at least for this week, "I Bet" is doing well. It's #23 on the hot 100 itunes chart and #1 on the itunes r&b chart