All Threads by Date
Winona Ryder still ‘trash-talks’ former BFF Gwyneth Paltrow
I’m sure this story will ruffle the feathers of many Winona-stans, but I think this is good news for Winona Ryder. Her career comeback is going well, she spent a few years doing smaller parts in smaller movies, getting some critical acclaim again, getting photographed more often and coming out in public more often. So it’s good news when the tabloids start discussing her as a scandalous and/or bizarre person. Winona’s always been a little strange, and now a new generation of tabloid readers get to enjoy it. For the young’uns, let me tell you: Winona Ryder used to be like Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and Jennifer Lawrence all rolled into one. Winona was HUGE. She dated her costars, she was a child actor who transitioned to adult roles beautifully, she won awards and praise, she was BFFs with some of the biggest celebrities out there and there were plenty of scandals and drama. Ah, the halcyon days of the 1990s.
So this Enquirer story references some of those older scandals. Like, Johnny Depp and Winona were crazy about each other way back when (before Kate Moss, even), and Winona used to be BFFs with Gwyneth Paltrow. So, enjoy:
Winona Ryder is getting weirder by the day, becoming a virtual recluse and taking potshots at her former friends.
Insiders say she’s dyed her hair bright white and become obsessed with online shopping, filling her closets with unworn clothes that still have their tags. And just about the only time she leaves her home is when her cleaning staff arrives, because she can’t stand talking to them.
Winona has also been trash-talking her ex-BFF Gwyneth Paltrow and former flame Johnny Depp, a source tells The ENQUIRER.
“She’s alienating so many people it’s no wonder she’s turning into a hermit,” said a longtime friend of the 41-year-old actress.
Winona has a “major grudge” against Gwyneth because she believes the blonde-haired beauty made unflattering comments about her in an online lifestyle blog four years ago. And Winona also never got over Gwyneth beating her out for a plum role in the 1998 hit movie “Shakespeare in Love” – and winning an Oscar for it!
“Those comments were a huge embarrassment for her,” the pal said.
The friend says Winona has also been blasting Depp, 50, for hooking up with 27- year Amber Heard not long after splitting with his longtime love, Vanessa Paradis, 40, last year.
“Johnny couldn’t care less,” said the friend, “but she’s really ragging on him for being so predictable and going for a blonde in her twenties.”
As The ENQUIRER reported in April, Winona had a fleeting hope she and “The Lone Ranger” star would reunite.
“It’s really sad she’s become so vindictive,” the friend continued. “She rarely leaves the house because she hates being around people so much. And she makes sure her housekeepers don’t speak English because that way they are less likely to know who she is.
“When she was younger, her eccentricities were perceived as cute and quirky, but now she’s just bizarre.”
[From The Enquirer]
I think the Gwyneth reference is about an old Goop post from a few years ago where Gwyneth talked about “how to break up with a friend”. And the Hollywood rumor back in 1997 was that Gwyneth outright STOLE Winona’s script for Shakespeare In Love and Goop went behind Winona’s back and got the part. And they were never friends after that. As for the Depp stuff… I’m not sure I believe Wino and Johnny still talk. She might talk smack about him (as she should, because he’s absurd), but I doubt Johnny even hears about it.
Oh, and remember how Matt Damon dumped Minnie Driver (while appearing on Oprah!!!) and then he started up with Winona two seconds later? I wish people still brought that up, because that was an amazing scandal. God, I miss Winona’s scandals. I want her to start dating someone really controversial. Not Charlie Sheen! I want her to throw it down old-school, like Winona could steal Garrett Hedlund away from Kirsten Dunst. That would be fun.
- "And Winona also never got over Gwyneth beating her out for a plum role in the 1998 hit movie “Shakespeare in Love” – and winning an Oscar for it!"
Neither has anyone who has seen the movie.
- "blonde-haired beauty" and I stopped reading right there. I can't trust any article praising Paltrow like that.
- FUCK Winona Ryder. I'm not ashamed to admit I like Goop. Everyone can bitch about her as much as they want. She is still the diva everyone wants to be. She has [bold]Everything.[/bold]
- Ryder is truly beautiful. GOOP is just "pretty".
- Winona has some serious mental health issues. Borderline perhaps?
- Winona would have been terrible in "Shakespeare"! Her English accent in that Dracula movie was embarassing, plus she's five feet tall and busty and thinks she can pass as a young man?
She should thank Gwynneth for sparing her the humiliation.
- There is sooo much wrong with writing about gossip, and suggesting it is wrong, then in the same piece slam a prior person guilty of it. It defeats the purpose of the article when you are insinuating who this culprit is--when you refer to a public humiliation. You are committing that same act which you are discussing as bad.
- I actually think Winona would have improved the film. Gwyneth just is not an actress.
- [quote]Winona would have been terrible in "Shakespeare"! Her English accent in that Dracula movie was embarassing, plus she's five feet tall and busty and thinks she can pass as a young man?
I totally disagree. Have you seen Winona's photograph from High School? She looks like a boy, and Winona even got bullied and beat-up, because they thought she looked like a gay boy.
Winona would have enhanced the role.
- Winona totally has crazy eyes in those pics, but truth be told she is/was gorgeous, far moreso than Gwyneth--who is very pretty with fantastic style, but looks more and more like her mother as the years pass, which is not a bad thing, but nobody ever thought of Blythe as great beauty. In her prime though, Winona was just gorgeous.
- I've always had kind of a soft spot for Winona. She career went downward after the shoplifting incident, but Angelina's skyrocketed after Winona got her the role in "Girl Interrupted" and Gwyneth's is somehow still doing well even though he is beyond insufferable.
- I want to see her white hair. I could see myself living the way she is, if I had the funds. It's not admirable, but it is understandable.
- No it's not admirable, wasting thousands on clothes she never wears, while I'll bet her cleaning staff doesn't get paid much. I'd enjoy making poor people happy by paying them well, then just surfing for more shit to waste money on.
- "Have you seen Winona's photograph .from High School? She looks like a boy, and Winona even got bullied and beat-up, because they thought she looked like a gay boy"
Looking like a boy when you're 14 is much easier than when you're 27 and busty
Okay, Winona has been known to have a slight boyish quality on occasion, but looking a bit boyish and passing for a 16th century English boy are two very different things. And I notice that you haven't addressed the language and accent issues, there's no way Winona could have done a good job with the dialogue. Not that Gwynneth was great or anything, but the role was totally out of Ryder's range.
- Goopie was charming in Shakespeare in Love. Winona would have been TERRIBLE in the role - she acts like the part was hers and Goopie stole it away.
I'd wager that Winona wasn't even the second choice.
She's a drug-addled old has-been. Good riddance to her.
- It sounds like Gwyneth deliberately stabbed Winona in the back to get a part. I think Winona has issues, but I fail to see why Ryder was at fault for Paltrow's devious behavior in this.
And Gwyenth is known for trashing her ex friends in the press. She's done the same thing to Madonna.
- 'you STOLLLLE from meeeee'
- Please, r16. It only "sounds like Gwyneth deliberately stabbed Winona in the back" in Winona's paranoid mind.
- They're both massively untalented cunts who are thrilled anyone is even talking about them.
No signature roles anyone will remember. Just laughable "scandals," petty dating gossip and cunty behavior. Both are one black cock away from being a Kardashian.
Both are for shit. They don't make movie stars anymore. They churn out turds like these two insufferable twats,
- It doesn't matter. They've both ruined their careers. Wyno is a shitty actress and Gooper is annoying as fuck!
they can both suck it!
- It's sad that just as Winona was becoming a good actor ("Girl Interrupted") her career took a nosedive. We'll never know what she could have done these last 10 + years, actingwise.
- Ryder never was a good actress. She was just lucky.
- Do believe she's a Borderline case - the shoplifting, odd behavior going all the way back to pulling out of "Godfather 3". But I do think she can have a new career as an older actress, in the Sally Field mold.... Or, she could become like Shelley Duvall
- None of this is true. I know Winona slightly. She doesn't leave her house much because she's VERY afraid of the paps that camp out at the end of her street. The Depp shit is made up, and the GOOP story is a re-hash of a 10 year old story.
I hope she sues them.
- r24 = Courtney Love
- r24, are you one of her maids?
- If true,it's really sad and pathetic that Winona had any hope that she and Depp would reunite after he and Vanessa Paradis split up.
Why would she think she had any chance of getting back together with him? She was crazy back then, and even worse now. Crazy can be kinda hot, especialy when it comes to sex, when you're in your 20's but at 41 it's something you cross the street to avoid.
Winona is most likely crazy, but first she was a drug addict. Depp makes all his girls into drug addicts. It is a requirement. He is evil and crazy too, but no one seems to mind. Billion dollar box office. He was a good actor, a long time ago.
Paltrow is no fun, but she is funny.
- Gwennie can be pretty (especially in her youth), but Noni is gorgeous.
- So, did Ryder's career implode because of the shoplifting scandal? If that happened today it would blow over within a couple of months. It would not be a career killer.
I loved her in Beetlejuice, but she sucked in Alien: Resurrection.
And, yes, she's prettier than Paltrow.
[quote]None of this is true. I know Winona slightly. She doesn't leave her house much because she's VERY afraid of the paps that camp out at the end of her street. The Depp shit is made up, and the GOOP story is a re-hash of a 10 year old story.
I'm glad she's not a recluse.
Thanks for the info.
- Why would the paps camp outside Winona's house? She hasn't been a viable actress in years.
- There are photos of her July 8, 2013 at Getty Images and she does not have white hair.
- There is no way that Winona is beautiful.
She is a short ass no legs and has always been boyish looking.
She is crazy to boot and I don't believe for a minute that Depp
would want her back. He sold out completely staring in
cartoon after cartoon.
Gwyneth is pretty and a better actress but
annoying as hell sometimes.
- [quote]Gwyneth is pretty and a better actress
In what planet?
- R33 - Winona has a stunningly beautiful face and a great body.
- Winona's too skinny, but she is beautiful:
- Agreed, R36. Winona was a little heavier a couple years ago.
- This article is just trash talk. It's not Winona Ryder being seen in public doing weird things or tweeting insane shit. It's all hearsay from "friends." Where is there a photo of her with white hair? Where is there proof that she thought she could get together with Depp? This is rubbish.
Lindsay Lohan, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears, Amanda Byne have all been seen acting out in public. Not Ryder. This "she's a recluse" rumour is a way of explaining away the fact that nobody has actually seen her behaving this way except anonymous "friends."
I don't even like Winona Ryder. I've always thought she was overrated. But this article is just garbage.
- I always found it hard to believe Goop stole the script from Ryder and that's how she got the role. If Goop were not to be considered in the first place for that movie, she would have never even gotten a chance to audition, let alone get the part.
Maybe a bitter Winona just made up the story. I mean she is crazy and was convicted of stealing.
But because people love to hate on Goop they just believe anything.
- I doubt Winona spends much time thinking about Goop.
- [r39] Goopy was housesitting for Wino and a bunch of scripts were delivered for Wino to read and consider. Goopy coundn't stand the temptation and opened the envelopes read the scripts and left with them. Wino never knew that the scripts were delivered and would later discover that Goopy had done this more than once.
Goop had agents and was repped by a big agency because of her parents connections, but was not on the level as Wino at that time. Goop pursued the role and pushed hard and won it (or sucked the right dicks-- or her agency packaged her into the deal which is the most likely scenario*). *Little known secret: When you see a big movie, most often, the writer, director and talent are all repped by the same agency.
When Wino discovered that Goop was cast in a part that had been offered to Wino first, she had no idea that the part had been offered to her. Wino then figured it out. Now, I never heard that it was specifically Shakespeare in Love, but it doesn't matter. It was unscrupulous, deceptive, immoral and evil-- which is what hollywood is built on.
- ridiculous!!!! Everyone knows I blew Harvey for the role after Julia Roberts turned it down. I had just done "Emma" and was the Weinstein it girl!!!
poor Winona...no husbsnd,... no children, no Oscar=loser
- Where does it say that she wanted to get back together with Depp?
- in a previous Enquirer article r43
- Winona has aged very gracefully.
- She had a fantastic rhinoplasty as a teen which made her stunningly beautiful. Paltrow's rhinoplasty wasn't as good.
- Her losing the Oscar to "the little New Zealand girl" as she always refers to her was the best Oscar bitchslap until Bacall's humiliation.
- Count me in as another Wino fan. I grew up in the 90s. She was in Beetlejuice, Mermaids, Edward Scissorhands, Reality Bites, Little Women, The Crucible, Girl, Interrupted. All films I just loved as a kid.
And she blows GOOP out of the water in looks and talent. Not even a comparison.
I do fear she's batshit insane, but that makes me like her even more.
- I love how people respond FUCK Winona in regards to believing everything the article said. LOL. Star Mag wins again!
- Back in the 90s she looked like Luke Edwards.
- R41's story could NOT be more phony.
If her agent sent her several scripts, he would have followed up to ask what she thought. And if the producers were really interested in her, they would have been all over the agent, asking to get his client in.
Gwynnie stealing a script would never have been the end of that script and a potential audition for Ryder.
And I'm laughing at the thought that she's beautiful, particularly after seeing the pic at r36. Attractive, yes. Beautiful? No.
- r51 fuck off. Compared to Paltrow Nona is a fuckin goddess! That story is very old and true. Deal with it or twirl your mu mu South to your recliner and watch old Carol Burnett shows sweetie!
You never get a part in a movie by stealing a script from someone. If you believe that you believe in the most stupidest gossip and you are not very smart. If Ryder was offered the part the producers would have contacted her and ask her why she did not respond to the offer of which she probably knew before the script was send to her. Goop had all kinds of connections and maybe was offered the role as well. Since she also had to play a male role in that movie, for which she had the right body, she probably had a very good chance of getting the part more so than Ryder who is small and very busty. Both Ryder and Goop are good actresses but Ryder is creepy crazy and somehow I think there is something seriously wrong with her.
Also lets not forget that Ryder is actually the one who was officially busted for stealing. If Ryder was the one spreading a lie about Goop stealing a scrip at her place, Goop has every reason to be very pissed.
Oh please, nobody is interested in a pap picture of a borderline psycho. That girl is nuts, maybe she should apply as T Cruises next beard.
- R10: What are you talking about? Forty years ago Blythe Danner was considered one of the most beautiful actresses of her time. True, she was too idiosyncratic-looking to be labelled a conventional beauty, but she was better than conventional: she was unique, like Sophia Loren or Audrey Hepburn or Diane Keaton, none of whom was beautiful in a generic way. Practically every guy I knew had a crush on her. Her voice and laugh were part of the appeal. GP is attractive but doesn't come close to her mother in her prime.
- Is Blythe posting here now?
- R54 is the reason people do not post first hand info here anymore.
That picture is revolting.
- "Forty years ago Blythe Danner was considered one of the most beautiful actresses of her time."
LOL. This has to be either Blythe or a pissed GOOP.
Blythe was a theater actress who got some supporting work in TV and movies. She was never high profiled enough to get that accolade.
Furthermore, Gwyneth managed to be besties with both crazy Winona and Madonna. What does that really say about her?
- Winona crazy makes far more sense than the Empress of All Cuntbags, Goop.At least Winona is not trying to sell 5000 dollar t-shirts to gullible women who worship her unbearably annoying cuntiness......
- "At least Winona is not trying to sell 5000 dollar t-shirts to gullible women who worship her unbearably annoying cuntiness....."
No, Winona is probably trying to steal the T-shirts.
Winona thinks she is entitled to get her stuff for free.
- Blythe F-ing Danner a beauty of her generation? try again.
Goop (I prefer the nickname Fishsticks) is not an actress.
Wynona batshit crazy or not is amazingly GORGEOUS. Is she a great actress? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
What kind of drugs did Depp get her hooked on? H?
- Goop is stick-up and fake, she's nothing like her classy mother.
- I find Winona very ordinary looking plus she is not tall enough to be considered beautiful.
She reminds me of a pixie elf and is a mediocre actress as is Goop.
But at least Goop is tall and has the box gap.
- Winona bio.
- Last Winona interview.
- R61, R62 At least Winona steals things in front of your face,instead Gwennie puts up a classy facade and rips you off behind the scenes! Did I forget to mention that looks like a cunt, acts like a cunt and smells like a cunt?
- R65 - What does height have to do with beauty?