- They are estranged.
- I'm not buying Woody is his bio dad.
- He has gayvoice and gayhands.
- That is one beautiful boy. Sad that his hair is already thinning. But his lips make up for that. No way is Woody the bio Dad.
- Looks like David Frost.
- He's gay...not that for a fact.
- I meant Dick Cavett. Oopsy.
- He looks like a 1960s German actor. Like he'd be in "The Damned."
- It's funny - in still pictures, I have never detected the slightest trace of Woody in him. But now seeing him on video, there's something about his facial expressions when he talks that does bring Woody to mind (although of course he sounds nothing like him).
To those who think Woody isn't the bio dad - do you think Mia had an affair on the side? Or was artificially inseminated?
- Or a von Trapp maybe?
- I remember somebody here saying it's like he willed himself to eradicate all traces of Woody from his DNA.
Although his Twitter feed is very jokey, especially for someone with such a serious resume, so he has a comedian's genes in there somewhere.
- Oh no.
- Ronan Farrow looks as much like Woody Allen as JFK Jr. looked like JFK.
- "Does Woody keep in touch with him?"
I'd say not.
On Fathers' Day, Ronan tweeted:
"Happy Fathers Day. Or as we call it in my family Happy Brother-in-Laws Day."
- I think he's Sinatra's kid.
- [quote]"Happy Fathers Day. Or as we call it in my family Happy Brother-in-Laws Day."
He also used it on Facebook a few years ago.
- Ronan looks a lot like Sinatra, and nothing like Woody.
Also Sinatra has several other children. Woody's been infertile all his life, except for this one supposed exception. Please.
- [quote]It's funny - in still pictures, I have never detected the slightest trace of Woody in him. But now seeing him on video, there's something about his facial expressions when he talks that does bring Woody to mind
That's nature vs nurture.
- Ronan's alleged boyfriend is a dweeby-looking, self-deprecating Jewish writer/comedian.
Also, Ronan's sense of humor is EXACTLY like Woody Allen's. In his interview with NY Magazine he said he was working on a book about America's use of proxy armies and he added "It's a comedy, of course."
- Looks like his hairline is already receding.
- If Sinatra is his father, and there is a lot of Sinatra in that face, it would make sense for him to take is mom's name and treat Woody more like a Brother-in-law than a legally presumed father.
But, he is a good guy, and this will be left alone.
[I'm surprised the Enquirer doesn't follow people around and do surreptitious genetic testing. Woody leaves enough spit at Elaines, there are enough Sinatra "sibs" around.]
- Again, nurture, R20. Conceivably, having a sense of humor is genetic, but the form it takes is surely environmental.
- That's a ginormous balding head. Some shoulder-building exercises would help offset the girth.
- Ronan is not going bald; he simply has fine hair, as blond men often do. Some DL posters are so catty!
- Nobody's being catty; his hairline begins at the top of his ears, R25.
- He's definitely getting male pattern baldness a la Woody.
- I'm with R22. As we all know now through genetic testing millions of men have been fathering other men's children for centuries.
One way to tell is to look at Ronan's baby photos. Biologically at birth a child resembles the father. Not in all cases but most.
Find his baby (not toddler) photos and look for similarities.
- By all accounts, Ronan Farrow has no contact with his father Woody Allen. Ronan is a smart kid; he wants nothing to do with his awful father, reason being "he married my sister."
By the way, Ronan's name used to be "Satchel", after Satchel Paige, the ball player. Seems Woody was a fan of his. I'm not sure when he became "Ronan"; probably after all the shit hit the fan. By the way, the little girl Woody Allen was said to have molested was originally named Dylan. Now she's Eliza. I remember in all the photos I saw of her she looked VERY distressed.
Woody makes no attempt to reconcile with his song. Besides, he's got his hands full with his "daughters" now. It's been long established that Woody Allen does not even like children. When he was with Mia she was the one with all the parental responsibilities. Who takes care of his daughters? Surely not Soon-Yi, who seems like a child herself. I guess paid staff tend to them.
- [quote]Mia Farrow tweeted this rare color photo of Madonna in costume holding Mia and Woody Allen’s son Ronan Farrow (you probably remember him as Satchel Ronan O’Sullivan Farrow) on the set of Woody’s 1991 black-and-white film Shadows and Fog. Ronan sure was a beautiful baby but, baby, look at him now! (via boyculture)
- [quote]Woody's been infertile all his life, except for this one supposed exception. Please
What are you babbling about? He's had two kids with Soon-Yi too. Woody Allen has three biological kids. And as for Ronan, you're kidding right? In what world do you live that every child must look like both parents? He has Mia's looks and from that Stepfather tweet, which was hilarious, has Woody's wit.
- Uh...here's Frankie's mugshot from his teen years. What do you think?
- A better, clearer shot
- [quote]He's had two kids with Soon-Yi too.
Aren't those adopted?
- Mia and Sinatra were divorced twenty years and didn't keep in touch when Ronan was born. Sinatra was married again and you think she called him up and asked him to impregnate her?
- R35, we don't know. We're surmising. Probably not Woody's spawn & his latest kids with Soon-Yi ARE adopted, I believe.
- R31, Woody Allen adopted two daughters with Soon Yi.
He's been married three times and has had several long-term relationships, yet he has had no biological children outside of this one "son" who looks nothing like him. Unlikely.
R35, Mia and Frank always stayed in touch and were fond of each other, right up until the end. Quite a few people have attested to that, including Nancy Sinatra.
- Woody Allen as a youngster. Not seeing it. Are you?
- Jesus Christ, Ronan looks like Woody, WTF are you blathering on about?
- She probably asked him to be a donor as a favor. Who would move on Allen's genes?
- Oh please do break it down for us how Satchel looks like Woody. We're all ears and these things called eyes!
- I prefer guys myself.
- Wow, I'm getting on the Frank Sinatra bandwagon too.
- He looks just like these two
- Just so, R44. As if Mia and Frank's features were blended together in one superimposed photo. That's what Ronan looks like.
- Maybe Mia froze some of Frank's jizz.
- Satchel Sinatra has a nice ring to it. Let's find youngish pics of Frank's other children!
- The thing about Sinatra's other three children is that Nancy Barbato Sinatra was very dark and sharp-featured in an ethnic Italian way, and the children very much favored her in their looks. They all share the same dark and sharp Italian features as their mother.
- Yeah, she had that Italian curse for the ladies. Not always so for the guys. Bet he wanted that "white" kid besides those other "grey" kids which makes me all too willing to believe he helped her out to have a biological child of her own. The mix worked.
- Yeah, those blue eyed Italians always have that Norman Viking thing going on if you look at Norman history. In my opinion, it saves them.
- I have to think Ronan got his brains from Woody. He wouldn't have gotten any from Sinatra or Mia.
- If Ronan wasn't Woody's, don't you think Mia, at the height of her anger, would have announced it to the world? Or told Ronan, who would have announced it by now?
That bitch has been playing Medea for years.
- Last year he tweeted on Father's Day something to the effect... Happy Father's day or as we call it in my family Happy Brother in law day!
- Although I do see the seeming Sinatra resemblance in these photos people are posting, r52 still raises an excellent point. Why would Mia and Ronan, who hate Woody with every fiber of their being, continue to perpetuate the fiction that he is Woody's son if he's actually no relation at all? Even if Mia made some eternal promise to Sinatra that he would never be revealed as the father even after his death, you'd think they would at least have made public that he was the child of someone else whose identity they didn't choose to reveal.
- Because Mia adored Woody back in the day and thought he was a genius, r40. She was kind of dizzy in some ways.
Regardless, it's really not uncommon for a child to resemble one parent and not the other. It's only remarkable in this case because his dad's homely, so Satchell/Seamus/Ronan got exceptionally lucky.
Who knows where he got his intelligence from? Just because WA made some good films doesn't make him a genius. I expect him being gifted as a child had more to do with Mia's helicoptering.
Then again, many child prodigies become fairly average adults, so where he got his "genius" may be moot.
- Those lips!
- Mr Sinatra's looks really improved with age. Wish I could age like that...
- " Why would Mia and Ronan, who hate Woody with every fiber of their being, continue to perpetuate the fiction that he is Woody's son if he's actually no relation at all?"
BECAUSE SINATRA WAS STILL ALIVE.
- Ronan looks like his mother to me.
Especially if you look at the picture of Mia with Frank Sinatra - when she was young and had cut her hair very short.
As far as Ronan is concerned he might think there is one thing worse than having Allen as his father - tabloid headlines that he is Sinatra's son.
Spend your youth growing up as Allen's son, and your adult years as Sinatra's son, no thanks.
- I don't see one speck of Woody in Ronan, except for his brain.
- Woody no like gay son. Call him Snatchel. Sad.
- An interesting read on Ronan:
- Soon Yi can probably speak English better than you racist at r61
- WW r61
- Wow. DL pre-saged all of this who's kid is he drama a full four months before the Vanity Fair issue hit the stands.
Keep it up. (and how did I miss this thread in the spring?)
- There's a reason that Jews look to maternity to determine Jewishness.
- R30's link didn't work anymore, so here's a direct link to Mia's tweet, a picture she tweeted back in March of Ronan with Madonna in 1991. He doesn't look a thing like Woody, not even when he was a kid.
- He looks like Chastity Bono as a young girl when she went on her parents' show.
- What sort of drag was Madonna in? Ronan's hair looks yellow. The pis is so early '90's/
- Yeah, looks more like Bernadette Peters than Madonna.
- R27, male pattern baldness is inherited from your mother, not your father.
- [quote]Mia and Sinatra were divorced twenty years and didn't keep in touch when Ronan was born. Sinatra was married again and you think she called him up and asked him to impregnate her?
Sinatra kept in touch with all his exes. Literally. If you look at the photo of Sinatra and Ronan, it's definitelyin the eyes, not just the color, but the whole eye area, and the spacing between them.
The nose and mouth also are Sinatra-like. But, yeah, then how'd he end up with such a big brain?
That would be the best thing ever IMO...if the only male child Woody had turned out to be someone else's. Esp. Sinatra's.
And why would the Sinatra family say Ronan was so close to them? And why would he be?
- Nancy Sinatra went beyond saying that Ronan is close to her family.
[quote]When [Maureen] Orth asks Nancy Sinatra Jr. about Ronan’s being treated as if he were a member of her family, Sinatra answers in an e-mail, “He is a big part of us, and we are blessed to have him in our lives."
Another pic of Old Blue Eyes and Young Blue Eyes:
- Not as hot as Luke Halpin.
- Wow R73, you can really see it there. The eyes. The exact color and spacing. The nose is exactly the same. The lips look similar. What a hoot!
- In certain photographs of Ronan there is a resemblance to Sinatra to make me think he really is his bio kid. God know he looks nothing at all like Woody Allen.
- Re: The pic of Madonna with baby Ronan. She was in costume for Woody's film "Shadows and Fog."
- He does look like Sinatra but then I always thought that Mia looked like Sinatra.
Check out pictures of Mia's father, John Villiers Farrow.
- Dreamy Ronan seems to have been allegedly 'outed' by this article. But is it reliable...?
- Jesus Christ, he's gorgeous.
- I love Mia as an actress, but she's a total kook. I think Ronan looks like a blend of Woody and Mia, and this Sinatra story is just her unrelenting rage. It's incredibly embarrassing, and unseemly. If my mother came out with a story like that I'd be mortified.
I've witnessed Soon Yi, and Woody around their kids a handful of times. They are utterly normal, and low key. Soon Yi is a smart lady, and she seems to have a nice personality. I have no idea what she's like at home, of course.
- r81 is our resident Woody defender, no matter what sick shit he does.
- In this pic of Ronan you can definitely see Frank Sinatra in his features.
- And in this pic too.
- Don't you have your GMO corn rants, HFCS hysteria, and your Master Cleanse support group to stay busy with?
I said I thought he LOOKED like Woody Allen, but only in your addled brain does that make me a "resident Woody Allen defender"! My point, lost on shriekers like you, is that it is Mia Farrow who is acting rather unhinged, and she only demeans herself by saying things so fantastic.
- Whoops, forgot the pic.
- Mia is nuttier than Crunchy Jif.
Ronan is surprisingly doughy looking in person, but he has pretty eyes. Not sure why he's being so coy about his sexuality when he's lived pretty openly up to now.
- He has his mother's features more than anything. There is no obvious features of Sinatra that stand out.
- I hope he inherited Frank's big fat cock.
- R81 = Soon Yi
- [quote]There is no obvious features of Sinatra that stand out.
The area around his eyes, and the color of his eyes, is the same. The nose is exactly the same. The GIF where he morphs into Sinatra is pretty amazing.
- Hasn't anyone noticed that Ronan has had cosmetic surgery on his nose?
Really, none of this is new, and the speculation was not fueled by Mia. That's why she was asked by VF.
- He has his mother's eyes. Something went wrong.
- in the video he looks a lot Mia
I cannot believe that Woody is his father.
I think that Ronan and Mia know who his real father is and they are both being "coy"
- R88 Wow that pic IS the young Sinatra.
The "stare" that Sinatra had was very distinctive. Farrow has it too. The area around the eyes, the cheek bones, the teeth. It's him.
"Ronan Sinatra" doesn't sound very good. Maybe he could change his name again.
"Roman Sinatra" would be kind of cool and swingin'.
ANYTHING but "Satchel Sinatra" .
- It's so sad there isn't a medical procedure that could prove who his father is.
- I've been thinking of poor Frankie Jr - the boy Sinatra didn't pay much attention to since he favored his daughters.
- r95 is giving classic Datalounge Realness!
- Do y'all like my stubble...?
- Sorry, here's the link:
- More stubble:
- One more of the slightly unshaven look:
- He and Frank Sinatra, Jr. have identical lips.
- The lips, brows, cheek bones, dimples, chin and nose all look like Frank's to me. r88
- his eyes so round, look open, not crosed.
his driving so good.
bet he no smell like duck sauce.
- Who is R. Castevet? What am I missing?
- You're missing quite a bit, I'm afraid, r109.
- Rosemary's Baby characters R109
- Is RF the new Anderson Cooper of DL?
I must have him on WWHL! Is he down with the swirl?
- I meant to reference r85 in my post at r107, but r88 is a good photo for comparison also.
- r108 is a racist.
- Here comes your daily dosage of dreaminess:
- He has girly hands.
- He needs to be over my knee with his pants around his ankles. He's been a bad boy.
- In 2009, at 21, he earned a Yale Law degree (he's a member of the New York Bar) while working at the House Committee on Foreign Affairs. In 2007, as a special adviser to the chief counsel there, Farrow was hobbled by a leg injury that led to an unwieldy cast which necessitated wearing oversize pajama bottoms, aka his "Hammer pants phase." Recalls former colleague Melissa Carstens: "Here is this young man with crutches, cast, a blue sports coat and pajamas, holding his own on Capitol Hill with the best and brightest minds in D.C. He did not let this slow him down for a minute."
After he left Yale, he joined the Obama administration as a special adviser for humanitarian and NGO affairs in Pakistan and Afghanistan, working closely with the late Richard Holbrooke. It was a post he earned via an unorthodox interview with Holbrooke: "He was in the shower; I shouted answers on Afghanistan policy from the next room. Which explains a lot about American military strategy, when you think about it."
- Ronan Farrow creeps me out.
- Which means he's got girly feet too, r116
- Probably, r119. He's a 25 year old wonky twink. Only the most paranoid of headcases could manage to find something creepy about that.
- What does "wonky" mean?
policy wonk (plural policy wonks)
(politics, government) A person who studies or develops strategies and policies, especially one who has a keen interest in and aptitude for technical details.
- Compare & Contrast:
- Saw him on that esquire network show the getaway w/rashida jones - and he looked fat not fine!
- He looks like Mia's father.
- Not really r126.
- I have no idea why you would say that, R127. Ronan looks just like John Farrow in that photo.
- R126, you need to get your eyes checked. There's not a feature of Ronan's that resembles John Farrow's. The skull shape, eye sockets, eyebrows, nose, and mouth are all different.
On the other hand, Ronan's the spitting image of Frank Sinatra.
- Young Frank
- I think his unusual lips come from John Farrow. The rest kind of looks like Mia and Frank.
- I think he is a little creepy, too, R119
- Let Rosemary rock him. Go on, sit down with the others. Let Rosemary rock him.
- Another side by side
- He'd look more like Sinatra if he hadn't had his nose fixed.
- Thanks, r123.
- Did he have his nose 'fixed,' or is it just Mia's nose?
- People can speculate 'til they're blue in the face, but absent a DNA test that is made public no one will really know.
He's somewhat handsome. He's young, which always helps. Definitely smart, but doesn't act his age. I wonder if he was ever really allowed to be a child - whether he was innately different or if he became different because of how he was raised. I wonder if he comes across as awkward in social situations, especially with people his own age.
Does anyone know if he is circumcised?
- he is pretty fug
- I think he's just lost some baby fat off his face.
- [quote] People can speculate 'til they're blue in the face
Ahem. I think you mean eyes.
- He'll probably come out (he's definitely gay) and reveal his paternity on his new MSNBC show. No way he'll do it before then, because the ratings and publicity will be huge.
- Will he sing a song too?
- Graydon Carter and the VF writer have heard him sing (VF writer said she heard him singing Sondheim) and they say he is very talented at it.
- No shirtless pics of him floating around...
- He seems like a perfectly nice guy, but I don't care for the way he's about to be shoved up our asses by the NY media elite just because of his pedigree.
- He's now fucking women, seriously.
- Richard Johnson is famous for "inning" celebrities, so I take anything on this subject from him with a large grain of salt.
- The combination of Page Six AND Richard Johnson (r148 is correct) gives that claim a likely accuracy rate of about 10%
- This "no labels" thing is pure marketing.
- mia farrow is CRAZY
- From that THR shoot.
- Guess who, age 10.
- Yes, it is R150.
- Telling it as it is:
- Great smile:
- So glad OP started a thread to ask a question that even an infant could have Googled and answered in less than 30 seconds.
- He is totally Sinatra's son.
- The smile is Frank's.
It's even more noticeable if you watch the two of them in motion. Many people only know or remember Sinatra as his older self, and in still photos. But go find video of him as a younger man ("The House I Live in" on youtube is a good example) and then see Ronan talk on camera. The facial expressions, mannerisms and gestures that Ronan's inherited are so fun to watch. (The gayvoice is all his, of course.)
- I would LOVE to know how Frank would've reacted to having a gay son. Good lord, it would not have been pretty.
- I disagree with r160.
- Gay voice? I never!
- Or how about this clip:
- Oh, it's definitely his Gayful Earnestness.
- With one of Quincy Jones's daughters:
- ^ Oops sorry my bad, it's actually one of his adopted sisters named 'Quincy'.
- And Quincy is an out lesbian. Here she is with her girlfriend (pic tweeted by a proud Mia):
- I wonder what he's packing. Frank was well-known for being hung like a horse, so maybe Ronan inherited that as well.
- Regarding Quincy Jones, I just watched a show on the ESQUIRE channel where Rashida Jones visited her favorite places in London and Ronan met her for dinner and this popular Indian restaurant. She said in the narrative that they have been friends for a long time and he was one of the smartest people she knew. Interesting tidbit is the fact that Quincy Jones was once the bandleader for Frank in the mid-60's and can be seen directing the band in this clip where Dean, Sammy, Frank and Johnny Carson did a charity concert.
I think the whole Ronan/Frank paternity issue was something that everyone in their circle knew for the longest time but kept it a secret. Notice that none of Frank's children have denied it. The resemblance in uncanny:
- Ronan Farrow seems like a perfectly nice guy and all and I share his politics, but my god does he live in such a rarefied and elite world. It's almost like he's a different species.
- I still think he might be the anti-Christ.
Rosemary's Baby indeed!
- Here is the full show that r169's clip is part of. It was a benefit they did for a halfway house in St. Louis in 1965. It's basically the same show they put on at the Sands hotel throughout the early 60s, and it's a lot of fun to watch.
- [quote]"And no man knoweth the son but the father; neither knoweth any man the father, save the son." - Jesus. (I feel you, man.)