All Threads by Date
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Fan Club: Boston Bombing Suspect Gets Support From Girls, #FreeJahar
As 19-year-old Boston bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev awaits trial, a legion of Americans -- often teenage girls -- has been furiously filling the Internet with fan club sites and support groups.
Alisha, a blond, blue-eyed 18-year-old from Topeka, Kan., is one of these Tsarnaev's "fans." Using her Twitter handle @keepitbluntedd, Alisha has been questioning the government's case against the younger Tsarnaev brother.
In an interview with the New York Post, Alisha even said she was planning on getting a quote of the teen (“If you have the knowledge and the inspiration all that’s left is to take action”) tattooed on her upper arm.
“He was just this pothead 19-year-old boy who didn’t care,” she told The Post. “I don’t see it.”
Although Alisha has decided not to get the tattoo, she has not backed down from her support for Tsarnaev. And she is far from alone.
Using the hashtag #freejahar, as well as handles -- like @FreeJaha, @Fighting4Jahar or @PrayForJaharr -- that contain Tsarnaev's nickname, the suspect's supporters are easy to find online.
There are also multiple Facebook pages, such as the "Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Free Jahar movement," which currently boasts 6,600 members. Many of these pages express similar sentiments to those expressed in the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Free Jahar movement's "About" section:
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, a young man of 19 years of age's life has been stolen and has been made into a public object of hate, created by the inaccurate reports by the media.
We believe in innocent until proven guilty by undeniable evidence, which so far has not been provided.
According to Yahoo! Shine, fans have made bracelets, and the phrase "too pretty to be guilty" is becoming a common refrain.
Yahoo! spoke to several psychologists, who said Tsarnaev's appeal may stem from the myth of the "bad boy" or from a deeper motive: fame.
“It’s not that he’s a bomb suspect, it’s that he’s notorious,” Sheila Isenberg, author of “Women Who Love Men Who Kill,” told the site. “A lot are going to say, ‘I just want to make sure he gets a fair trial, but that’s really window dressing for their inherent need to get famous themselves.”
“Similar to the fascination teen girls have with vampire characters in movies and books, dark characters are a way to forge a separate identity and to defiantly (or rebelliously) declare oneself as independent of authority figures,” psychologist Jill Weber noted. “Some of this is normal teen development, but being drawn to a criminal is a dysfunctional way to forge independence.”
ABC News adds that this phenomenon is not limited to "cute" teenage suspects, either.
Luka Magnotta, the so-called "Cannibal killer," has a devoted female fan base as well, the outlet reports. Accused Aurora shooter James Holmes had a legion of fan girls all his own, including Aurora, Colo., resident Misty Benjamin, who told reporters she was "physically attracted" to Holmes.
"When I get upset, I look at his picture and I calm down," she said at the time.
Of course, social media only throws fuel on the fire, giving teens in particular an accepting, somewhat anonymous community to express their beliefs.
- Pathetic lonely insecure women.
- Listen up, feminists. These are the females you fought for all those years ago.
- I wish the media would just not give this attention. It makes the fans even more rabid, and makes them feel important; they're being unjustly accused and attacked by 'haters', they're the only ones who can save him, fuck the government, the media are all liars, and blah, blah.
This twitter movement has already lost a lot of followers, from what I've seen. (Yes, I have been looking at the #FreeJahar tag occasionally. It's fascinating) The teens get bored of it, especially when there's no media storm around it 24/7, no news of his condition.
- Future prison wives.
- [quote]Listen up, feminists. These are the females you fought for all those years ago.
Like us with the Log Cabinittes?
- I can't believe the govt is going to try to kill him. Hopefully, it will never happen but, if it does, don't let it be while he is still young and hot. That seems like such a waste.
- Sentence him to do gay porn before he's executed.
- Well R7 that utilitarian approach could appeal to many for various reasons. I second the sentence.
- ABC News adds that this phenomenon is not limited to 'cute' teenage suspects, either....Accused Aurora shooter James Holmes had a legion of fan girls all his own"
But James Holmes is a cutie! He's adorbz! Squeeee!
- Proud wearer of the Too African-American To Be Guilty OJ support bangle here.
Memo to Amanda Knox PR team : Jahar's really caught you napping
- Yes, r9!
- So easy for "fight" for a cause these days: Alisha didn't even have to move her fat ass off her computer chair. Just a few phrases into her twitter account, and suddenly she's a patriot.
- There's no way he'll get anything resembling a fair trial in Massachusetts. Bostonians aren't known for their objectivity.
- These girls are pathetic and Tsarnaev should fry.
- Cut off his dick, shove it down his throat, and let him choke to death.
- R15, hey you, Charles Bukowski,
I thought you were dead!
- Wait until the outpouring of the "bleeding hearts" with their stance that death penalty is cruel. Standing outside the prison with their stupid placards. Would love to know if they would be thinking that way if a member of their family was murdered, or killed in such a bombing. An eye for an eye.
- He would slit Alisha's throat in a heartbeat if it would help to buy his freedom.
- I sincerely hope that they keep this trial in Boston.
- These little girls aren't old enough or smart enough to realize what this man has done to their country. They should gather up his little home girls and deport them to his homeland. See just how happy they are living in a land without freedom,not to mention the lack of respect shown to young girls and women. Bon Voyage, you little twats!
- [quote]Wait until the outpouring of the "bleeding hearts" with their stance that death penalty is cruel. Standing outside the prison with their stupid placards. Would love to know if they would be thinking that way if a member of their family was murdered, or killed in such a bombing. An eye for an eye.
Here's a one-way ticket to Saudi Arabia for you, retard.
- r20, let me help you.
- Years ago these little bitches would have been accused and tried for treason, and publicly executed in the town square. I say "let's do it." It's a fate well deserved. Their mothers must be so proud.
- r15/r18/r19/r20/r23 is off her meds and getting flagged... the very definition of a FREAK.
- r21/24___You twats must be part of the home girl entourage
- Too bad the hotter brother died.
- Why is there still no mug shot? He probably looks like hell now. One bad pic would put an end to the fan clubs.
- [quote]Alisha, a blond, blue-eyed 18-year-old from Topeka, Kan., is one of these Tsarnaev's "fans."
They forgot to mention how fat, 'cause you just know she is.
- r11/r21/r22/r24...Who is off their meds? Who is getting flagged? Who is the real freak? Who is a traitor that does'nt care how many people died in that horrific bombing ?
- These are the same kind of dumbshit girls who are "Beliebers." Same mentality.
- we'll send them back to Saudi Arabia where there only option will be growing fat in a burka.
- And this gentlemen is why I refer to a lot of women as "natural born bottoms".
- I believe Holder asked for the death penalty after reading this.
- Lame. Even if he were innocent which he isn't he's just some wrongly accused guy not a fucking hero.
- 1) He is indeed hot; 2) His crazy brother was the instigator; 3) They killed mostly Massholes, which is a public service.
- This was a Jihad terror attack by two privileged young men...don't get it twisted.
- I wonder if Tsarnaev is enjoying the alternate prison lifestyle. I would cancel the wedding plans, Alisha. If by some small miracle this murdering little bitch ever got out, he will most certainly have lost his taste for you.
- Is that how it works, R37? So, if you were trapped with nothing but women for an indeterminate amount of time, you'd go straight?
Hmmm. Interesting. I think we'll try that approach at our "Pray the Gay Away" rehab facility.
- They're wicked dumb.
- Who should act in the roles of Dzhokhar and Alisha in the LMN made for TV movie?
- No r26, Jahar is much hotter than his brother.
- And yet another stupid frau is thrust upon the world stage.
Too bad that she was standing at the finish line at the Boston Marathon....
- Too bad that she was NOT standing at the....
- As a woman, I'm mortified and feel humiliated by all these women as I am by all the idiots who "fall in love" with the worst criminals. Something is terribly wrong with the education of girls (and education of kids in general).
OTOH, you can also see men here who say how "hot" a criminal is just because they are young and good looking (always happens on threads of criminals here) so it's not limited to women.
I think it's a sad testament of the shallowness of people that they would give so much credit to someone just because of their looks. If all these scumbags (terrorists, rapists, murderers) were ugly, they wouldn't get a 1/10 of the support they get. It also shows how completely detached many young people are from reality and have no empathy anymore. They are treating these "people" like celebs just because they are "famous". The fame itself is of greater value than anything else and they don't even take the time to think about the monstrous crimes they committed and the people they harmed.
People make me sick.
- I tend to think sympathy for this kid is more about his youth than his looks. We were all 19 at one time and can remember doing stupid, thoughtless things. It's a time of low level insanity for a lot of people, really, until they grow up and get their shit together. Add to that the fact that he was alone in the US except for his brother, whom he idolized. He must have felt a lot of pressure to conform to his psycho brother's wishes. Not excusing it. Just trying to understand it.
- I'm laughing at all the DLers citing "the girls." Wasn't it you bitches that were drooling all over him following the aftermath of the bombing? It isn't just limited to the girls. We have our own in-house psychopaths festering among us.
- WHO. Who were drooling.
- "Wait until the outpouring of the "bleeding hearts" with their stance that death penalty is cruel. Standing outside the prison with their stupid placards. Would love to know if they would be thinking that way if a member of their family was murdered, or killed in such a bombing. An eye for an eye."
Gotta love low IQ troglodytes who whine about bleeding hearts. Studies have linked low IQ to social conservative viewpoints, but you obviously don't do a lot of reading. The countries that execute the most people are places like Iran and Saudi Arabia - why don't you move there, you would probably love it. If a family member of mine was murdered I would be smart enough to know that an execution would not bring the victim back from the dead. You can't expect intelligence from a person whose only line of reasoning is "an eye for an eye."
- "Something is terribly wrong with the education of girls (and education of kids in general)."
Something obviously went wrong with your education if you think idiots like this represent all girls and women.
"It also shows how completely detached many young people are from reality and have no empathy anymore"
More dumb generalizations. Giving tons of attention to murderers is hardly a new phenomenon. But you obviously don't know much about history, so...
"If all these scumbags (terrorists, rapists, murderers) were ugly, they wouldn't get a 1/10 of the support they get."
Even the fugliest criminals get "fans" - look at Charles Manson or David Berkowitz. There are always people who are going to be fascinated with killers, because they do things the ordinary person could never do.
- He gleefully killed or maimed scores of innocent people, yet is using every legal maneuver to save his life, his lawyers stating he was under the influence of his brother. He will spend the rest of his years in prison, no doubt receiving a college education at taxpayer's expense, enjoying the free medical facilities while his maimed victims had soaring medical expenses. As Shakespeare eloquently stated in one of his plays "kill all lawyers."
- I have a twisted side, but drooling over this guy is just too much for me. I live close enough to have heard the bombs go off. It was beyond my ability to describe how awful this act was. I'm against the death penalty, but won't be protesting when this monster fryes.
- "his lawyers stating he was under the influence of his brother."
He probably was.
"He will spend the rest of his years in prison, no doubt receiving a college education at taxpayer's expense, enjoying the free medical facilities while his maimed victims had soaring medical expenses"
It costs more money to execute people than it does to keep them in prison.
Most civilized countries have done away with the death penalty but unfortunately so many Americans are dumb rednecks.
- r3, the media is highlighting this because they are effectively part of the 1%.
They don't report on the real story, which is how and why the alphabet agencies dropped the ball on running their assets (or at the very least, knowing when to make arrests when tracking bomb plots).
The UK learned this the hard way, most recently in the Rigby case. They tried to warn the US, but they were ignored.
As a result, we get all kinds of bullshit like this and column inches spent on 'how morally bankrupt are we?' hand-wringing editorials.
- (R52) If he lives another 30+ years how will his living be less expensive than his execution?
- I don't see how he is going to be able to get a fair trial.
- "If he lives another 30+ years how will his living be less expensive than his execution?"
You obviously aren't familiar with the studies that have been done on this subject. Maryland recently did away with the death penalty, the main reason for that was to save money. Funny how Republicans are so against government spending, except when it comes to reinforcing their social conservative beliefs.
- Yet another adult man referred to as a kid. This infantilization of them is part of the problem.
- r54, the poster is conflating civilian murder cases and terrorist trials.
In a civilian case, s/he would be right, but terrorists trials are different.
There are few appeals on technical grounds, because the government usually has the right people arrested. Even if they don't find everyone in a terrorist conspiracy, the ones in the dock are guilty.
Massive federal resources are put into investigation, so appeals are not likely.
The anti-death penalty advocates who file amicus briefs and federal court appeals generally don't take on terrorists because of national security and it doesn't help their cause.
- I am a firm believer in people taking responsibility for their actions. The brothers came to our beloved country with one purpose in mind. They committed a henious crime . They may not have been as successful as they originally intended, but it was still horrendous none the less. It's time to answer for what he has done,and to pay the penalty, death or otherwise.
- "The brothers came to our beloved country with one purpose in mind"
Didn't they come here as little kids?
"It's time to answer for what he has done,and to pay the penalty, death or otherwise."
Don't you have some Duck Dynasty to watch or something?
- r50... His lawyers will probably use the newest hip defense.... ''affluenza''
- r60. These kids are practically trained from birth for this purpose
- "These kids are practically trained from birth for this purpose"
Man, this thread just shows how stupid Republicans are.
- Why is it that Republicans think the government is useless, stupid and not to be trusted but put their full faith in the stupidest portion of government, law enforcement?
- You must be Dzhokie's cousin
- Creepy, creepy murder groupies. Thank the Gods men rule the world and not women. We'd have murder groupies as heads of state!
- Bleeding heart here but in favor of the death penalty but not in this case. In this case the death penalty is like putting a healthy dog to sleep.
I say put him in a super max prison where he stays in a small cement cell with no contact from anyone. 3- 10 minute showers per week. 1 hour a day outside in a walled space with only the blue sky above.
A 19 year old who would spend 50-60 plus years like this. Drive him crazy. Let him think about what he did. Read up on people who went in there for a few years and got out and how fast they started going nuts.
That is what this guy deserves. Not the easy way out.
- Put him in a cell with Jodi Arias. They can sing, do handstands, design freedom fighter tee shirts, and maybe even start that book club. He'll be fine as long as Jodi doesn't find out about the eighteen year old fan club president.
- I would say give him 20 years and then let him go. He shouldn't be locked away for the rest of his life, he is only 19 and he was essentially forced to do this by his older brother.
- R69, you forgot to mention that he's just too cute to execute, if that's what you're getting at.
It kills me when I read "he was only following his older brother"! How, just HOW, can anyone possibly KNOW that? He could easily have been the instigator. Maybe his older brother was following him! There is nothing I've read or seen that is evidence that he was "only following orders", as if that was an excuse!
- R70 if you read the statements by the taxi drivers who drove them to the marathon and to the guy they carjacked, when the older brother got mad, he started yelling at him in their native tongue and the boy shut up. Since the parents weren't around, the older brother was like the father of the family. Not like this gives him an out.
- R71, Ok, I overstated it, my bad, sorry.
- The older brother slaughtered three people, including his best friend in 2011 and wasn't even questioned over the killings. He got away with it. His accomplice was mysteriously killed by the feds in Florida in May.
TT was a controlling, paranoid, multiple killer who did who knows what to coerce a popular, likeable, humane 19 yr old into an act of incredible cruelty. Friends, teachers and neighbours all speak of DT in glowing terms and all expressed sincere shock and disbelief at his actions.
Expect the defense to detail the abuse DT suffered at not only his brother's hands but the hands of his mother and father too. The guy was raised in a violent, paranoid, chaotic family environment and was effectively left in the hands of his mentally ill brother after his parents fled the country. The cast of characters surrounding this case will make your hair curl.
You don't have to be a fan girl to see that the youngest is being held accountable for his brother's actions as well. If Tamerlan had survived, DT would be viewed as his follower, perhaps even his victim and not by any means the instigator of this horrific event.
- "I tend to think sympathy for this kid is more about his youth than his looks. We were all 19 at one time and can remember doing stupid, thoughtless things"
NO, at 19, this murderer should be held responsible for his actions. A 19 yr. old today is not like a 19 yr old years ago. He knew what he was doing, he could have run and snitched his evil brother out and saved a lot of heartache and pain. No one is that scared to let that much harm and heartache happen for the sake of their evil brother. Plus, he had a role in the action not just a innocent accomplice.
I have no sympathy for anyone who uses violence to make their mark on the world. He should be executed. I know a shot to the head is considered cruel and unusual punishment but it's a heck of a lot faster and cheaper than lethal injection and ten times cheaper than housing this animal for a lifetime.
As far as him being hot or even cute, no way. He looks like a fucking used mop which should have been chucked years ago. The hair, the honker, the dead eye look, NO. Just cuz a guy is young, doesn't mean he's hot except to a desperate fag.
- Is he still cute since he got shot? We have only seen the Tiger Beat type photos before he turned to a life of crime...