- Can't wait to see her slay in Cannes in 6 days. She was stunning at the amfAR event a few months ago.
- BritBrit Tweets Janet a happy birthday shoutout
- How much cake will she swallow whole?
- Janet slayed it at the Abu Dhabi Camel Market last year. I bet she brings down the house in Branson next week.
- Jesus, she's eating camels now? Does her hunger know no-bounds?
- She's just as stunning as a 47 year old in 2013 as she was as a 17 year old in 1983
- Geez, time flies. I thought she was about 42.
- LMAO at the dejected Janet haters/detractors getting the other thread deleted. This is for the poster who scoffed at Janet's MTV award win. Other than Grammys, NAACP Image awards, an Emmy and more Billboard award wins than any other singer in history, she also has an Oscar nomination...
- I can't wait til she blows up an awards show with the bomb strapped under her hijab!
- Lol r12
- Why is she going to Cannes, dear? Is there an new Klumps movie that we are unaware of?
Quite the artiste
- Janet is a living legend. The last black female R&B/pop diva worth a damn.
- She's going to tell the white devil about The Prophet. And billionaire sheiks.
- Her daughter is very troubled and resentful of her biological mother. She has a relationship with the DeBarges, but who really knows if that's a good thing? On top of everything else, Janet has terrible taste in men. Other than Jermaine.
- Is she still a talent-free cunt?
- [quote]Why is she going to Cannes, dear?
She's there at an event benefiting amfAR. She's been a co-chairperson there for the past three years.
- R4. Has she let you know what color burka she is going to be wearing?
- And cover up all that fabulous hair, R20? She and her husband are above all that nonsense!
http://data.whicdn.com/images/17712279/Janet Jackson 01109059_thumb.jpg
- You mean cover up that fabulous weave, right? I'm sure the extensions are gone now.
- Janet's hair has grown a great deal since she cut it short a few years ago. She wears braids and sometimes lengthens it with extensions, but her own hair has grown out. It was pulled up and a golden/copper color at the amfaR event posted in the pic at R4, and in this pic she has it down.
- Other then jermaine r17? He's horrible. I'm surprised she can't attract good looking men. If half-pint can..
- [quote]I'm surprised she can't attract good looking men
Oh please. Janet has had everyone from Robert DeNiro, Matthew McConaughey, Colin Farrell, and R&B singer Johnny Gill after her. Also, check out how obviously smitten Kevin Costner is with her in this video...
- Her ex-hubby Rene was hot back then
- Clint Eastwood whispering sweet nothings in her ear circa 1990
- She briefly dated hunky rapper Q-Tip in the late '90s
- Matt Damon happily presented her with an award back in 2002
- She is truly stunning. One of the last great superstars and she is aging beautifully and in a dignified manner, unlike some of her contemporaries, even though they are older and hag-like.
- Janet also briefly dated McConaughey in the early 2000s.
- After she broke up with Jermaine Dupri, she was spotted dining with Colin Farrell at the Polo Lounge in the Beverly Hills Hotel. We all know he likes his chocolate.
- Janbot is out of control.
- Janbot, can't we have like, a Janbot Radio show or something? We need to feel the Janet love...and hear the remixes!
- Oh my god, he gave her an award! Clearly Matt wanted to leave his wife then and there.
- Janet Icon link to a streaming radio playing her tunes
- Here's a link to a Janet playlist on Centric.com that was put up the other day to celebrate her birthday.
- Janet looks like a Filipino transvestite that fell into a vat of black tea. The only thing "stunning" about her is that so many people believe she is a natural woman.
- Ooh, R38 is just FULL of bitterness and vitriol as she cries into her bag of Cheetos while typing about Queen Janet.
- What are Cheetos? Some sort of middle earth food product?
- That was lame, R40, even for you in all your yellow trolldar-dom.
- Janbot, face reality. She is a talentless hack that rode on her child molesting, fucked up older brother. She never sang a song without some MAJOR autotunish type help. her dancing is good, but hardly career worthy. In another universe, she would have been a backup dancer for the slightly more talented Paula Abdul (that is not giving Paula a compliment).
She is now a Muslim that would cut your dick off for your "crime" of homosexuality. She would hate you. She and her husband would bury you neck deep in the sand and throw rocks at your head.
- janbot (who I crowned 'janbot') is the greatest troll who ever trolled!
Janet didn't go out with 99% of those people. Every person she dated she married, except Jermaine Dupri. Janet married Rene back in 1991, and they dated years prior after her first marriage ended. She did not go out with Matthew Mcconaughey. She began dating Jermaine Dupri in 2001.
- Wasn't she Penny Gordon?
- R43 just doesn't understand. She throws shade without never really getting what true greatness and talent is or means. All that is Janet is lost on haters like her. I think we should all feel a great sadness for her.
- Janet has been a bad bitch since forever, I dont know what you bitches are talking about. She was an icon of 80s style. She looked stunning even in questionable 80s fashions.
- I agree with r46 Janet was the Rihanna of her time. Without the drugs of course. she was the shit and always looked good.
- What the hell is centric.com? Never heard of it.
- I'm not sure if Rihanna is a good example to show Janet's greatness.
- [quote]She did not go out with Matthew Mcconaughey
She did actually, and she openly spoke about it in an issue of UPSCALE magazine several years ago:
[italic]"The singer went apartment hunting recently and was interested in a 9,000-square-foot “crib” in a high-rise in Manhattan’s Columbus Circle. She was considering a move there with boyfriend/producer Jermaine Dupri, according to Upscale magazine. If the deal goes through, it would be one of the highest prices ever paid for a New York apartment. It’s not a record-breaker, though: last year media mogul Rupert Murdoch paid $44 million for a 19-room apartment on Fifth Avenue. While apartment hunting, Jackson reportedly confirmed rumors that she had briefly dated Matthew McConaughey."[/italic]
They met when he, Janet and Gloria Estefan presented together at the Grammys in 2002. He was supposedly seen coming out of her Bel Air mansion once, and they were snapped in various public places together. It didn't last long, but they probably got in a few good bangs before going their separate ways.
- [quote]She is a talentless hack that rode on her child molesting, fucked up older brother
Just as lame as your last post. That tired old adage of "Janet rode on her brother's coattails" was debunked when she became a superstar in her own right. If she was truly "riding on MJ's coattails," then maybe she would have put out one or two hit albums and been over with. However, she went on to become one of the biggest acts of the 80s and 90s because of HER talent. The Jackson name got her in the door, but she had to prove herself worthy when she got in the room, which she did in SPADES with her talent and beauty.
[quote]slightly more talented Paula Abdul
Ha! You just lost any sliver of credibility you may have had with that doozie of a statement. Are you for-fucking-real? As much as I love Paula Abdul, she is no Janet. She may have choreographed Janet's first few videos, but Janet is the total performer--singer/dancer/actress. Besides, Paula was just one of many females who released albums and videos mimicking Janet after CONTROL hit big (see also Vanessa Williams, Nia Peeples, Karyn White, Pebbles, etc.).
[quote]She never sang a song without some MAJOR autotunish type help
BULL and SHIT, and it shows that you're speaking from a place of total ignorance. There are several videos on Youtube of Janet singing live to debunk said ridiculous rumor (i.e. Janet singing "I Get Lonely" on Rosie O'Donnell). Also, when Janet first hit the scene, autotune was nary a thought in the mind of music producers. Nice try, but try again.
[quote]her dancing is good, but hardly career worthy
Even more stupidity. Janet is regarded as the best female dancer of her generation of pop performers, and with good reason...the woman can dance her ass off, and would dance any of these new chicks on top of and underneath the table. Check it...
- [quote]I'm not sure if Rihanna is a good example to show Janet's greatness.
This is true. Rihanna has mimicked Janet on several occasions throughout her career--from the red curly hair she sported during her "Loud" album era (ala Janet's red "Velvet Rope" era hair), to the way she'd bring a person from the audience and seductively dance for them, which is something Janet has been doing for years in concert.
Of Janet, Rihanna once said:
"She was one of the first female pop icons that I could relate to ... She was so vibrant, she had so much energy. She still has power. I’ve seen her on stage, and she can stand there for 20 minutes and have the whole arena scream at her. You have to love Janet."
- [quote]Janet has been a bad bitch since forever
You know it. This photo of her in Paris last night was just released.
- Let's talk about her #1 hits in countries other than the US. Oh, wait, there aren't any.
- Having a number one in Guam is nothing to write home about R54.
Although I know that's all SOME artists have left to boast about these days!
- [quote]Let's talk about her #1 hits in countries other than the US. Oh, wait, there aren't any.
That's okay, bitch. America is the real market, and she reigned here from 1986-2001. And, she still holds the record for the fastest sellout of the Tokyo Dome, and her worldwide smash "Together Again" is one of the biggest-selling singles by a female--WORLDWIDE (the single attained massive commercial success worldwide, peaking within the top five in most countries. It is among the best-selling singles of all time, having sold over six million copies worldwide).
Besides, who the fuck cares about that? Janet has fans on a global scale. Enough said.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-io_PA_jcHBA/UJZhMd1OwlI/AAAAAAAAfqI/JNnVevoouo0/s1600/Together Again - EP.png
- Today is the 20th anniversary of the landmark "janet." album. It was the first album by a female to debut at #1 in the SoundScan era, it cemented Janet's status as an international icon, and the legendary album/Rolling Stone cover has been paid homage to by other artists since its release.
A link Billboard's just-released track-by-track review of the album...
- He paid $18 to street team me? Giggle *edit*
- Janet got some Queen Latifah thing going on in r59's photo.
- Janet is an icon in the same,way Bieber, katy perry, Jonas brothers, the umm bop cunts are icons. Flash in ye pan. Janet's extended by her Pedo brother.
- Lame and weak as hell, R59 AKA "Giggle, Edit!" troll, especially when she looks like THIS nowadays...
- She looks like she's sucking in that gut.
- Oh Ms Jackson
- [quote] Janet is an icon in the same,way Bieber, katy perry, Jonas brothers, the umm bop cunts are icons. Flash in ye pan.
Everything you say just gets dumber. Hanson, Jonas Bros and Katy Perry? Ha! You should be ashamed for that bullshit. Those pop acts look UP to Janet. Janet is an enduring icon who has been around for 30 plus years, and who set the trends all the new artists follow. Hell, Beiber gleeflully Tweeted not long ago about how Janet was in the same building as him...
- Speaking of that Oukast song, R64, watch them escort THE QUEEN into her MTV Icon ceremony.
- [quote]She looks like she's sucking in that gut.
The only gut you see is the one when you look down.
stunning from the back
- [quote]America is the real market
So you're happy to admit your idol is a local star? And after you said "who cares about the little old UK" in the other thread you've proven you have even less credibility than we thought.
That would be the UK that is one of the top 3 biggest music markets and the second most influential country in world pop culture behind America, that brought The Beatles, Alfred Hitchcock etc. Idiot.
There are only two charts that people care about: the US and UK ones as they give a barometer of what matters worldwide. The fact Janet has had no UK #1s surely says a lot and means something. I'm sure you'd be more than happy to quote some UK #1s had she had any in your lengthy list of past tense achievements.
She did not cross over worldwide as her songs were more rhythmic than melodic and were built around silly, dated videos with military dancing in the style of her freak brother to distract from the non existent voice and complete absence of charisma and musical talent.
[quote]she reigned here from 1986-2001.
FINALLY the truth. But what has she done for you lately?
- If not for her brother, the world would not have suffered Janet. Even Latoya gave her a much needed boost.
- Janet's career is on the skids. And I say this as someone who has bought ALL her albums. Yes, even 20 Y.O. and Discipline.
- So edgy R66. Janet is acting while Outkast get the pplause.
- *Sigh*, haters are ALWAYS gonna hate...
...but bitches, I'm FABULOUS
- [quote]She did not cross over worldwide as her songs were more rhythmic than melodic and were built around silly, dated videos with military dancing in the style of her freak brother to distract from the non existent voice and complete absence of charisma and musical talent.
LMAO! This ludicrous statement just proves that all your taste (and common sense) is in your ass. Janet didn't cross over worldwide? Is that why her "Together Again" is one of the biggest selling singles of all time--WORLDWIDE? Is that why she has a loyal Asian fanbase--one that made it possible for her to break ticket sales at the Tokyo Dome back in 1990--a record she still holds? Is that why she has fanclubs in Russia, Australia, South America and the UK? Is that why her Velvet Rope tour sold out all over Europe? You, my friend, are so stupid that you must surely qualify for handicapped parking.
Oh, and what has she done for me lately? Well, she penned a #1 Bestselling NY Times book a couple of years ago, went on a tour that sold out all over the world WITHOUT the benefit of a new album to back it, she still has other artists covering and sampling her songs, AND she has the industry waiting for what's next--hence the new interview she just gave to BILLBOARD Magazine celebrating the 20th anniversary of her "janet." album in which she speaks on her upcoming album. And she still has everyone from Beyonce to Britney to Rihanna copying her visual style.
Now, YOU go sit the fuck down somewhere and marinate on that.
It's QUEEN Janet to you bitches
- It would be sad that she forsook her child and then never had any more, if it weren't exactly what a middling, careerist cunt like her deserved.
- LOL R74, your tired "she abandoned her child" schtick is played. Go and sit on that makeshift deck on the back of your trailer and chill for a bit.
- Is she the only one from the modern pop era to not have a single hit in the UK?
- Interesting, Janbot, that you blithely dismiss the mother-daughter bond for your goddess. Are there no limits with this idolization? I hope you don't call yourself a Christian.
- [quote]Is she the only one from the modern pop era to not have a single hit in the UK?
No UK hits? Really?
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY #3 UK
WHEN I THINK OF YOU #10 UK
LET'S WAIT AWHILE #3 UK
THAT'S THE WAY LOVE GOES #2 UK
AGAIN #6 UK
WHOOPS NOW #9 UK
RUNAWAY #6 UK
GOT TIL IT'S GONE #6 UK
TOGETHER AGAIN #4 UK
I GET LONELY #5 UK
DOESN'T REALLY MATTER #5 UK
ALL FOR YOU #3 UK
THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE #2 UK
SCREAM #3 UK
FEEL IT BOY #9 UK
The janet. album was a #1 UK album, while RN was #4 and All For You was #2
- And yet JLo, Britney, Christina, Beyonce, Pink, Rihanna all had multiple UK #1s, even LeAnn Rimes had one. Pretty sad.
Janet actually said it was an ambition of hers to have a UK #1 single so don't try and pretend it doesn't matter.
- And yet all of those women you named, R79, (with the exception of Rimes) have either been in Janet's employ, have said with their own words how much she has influenced them, or have directly been inspired by and/or copied Janet's image and career in some way. The success Janet has had in the UK is not defined by #1 singles, but by the sheer fact that her fanbase is very much alive over there. She's sold out tours in the UK, had top 5 albums there, has fanclubs there...hell, there was even a Velvet Rope-era statue erected of her at the Rock Circus in Picadilly Circus back in 1997. The only thing that's "pretty sad" is the dogged determination of your obvious hatred.
- Yes, R18, she is. Despite what the Janbots tell you. As well as undertalented and pretentious as hell.
She's not going to be able to give this shiekh any children at 47. Guess she'll be relegated to second wife.
- I heart the Janbot.
But I don't know why you waste you time arguing with trolls who are getting clearly desperate in their attacks.
- Cause his raison d'etre is to provide bait r82, that's what trolls do. You can so clearly see it in the way he words things. I already knew what his stock answer to my last post would be.
- [quote]But I don't know why you waste you time arguing with trolls who are getting clearly desperate in their attacks.
LOL! You're right, but I just get a kick out of destroying all of their inane remarks.
Janet posing with her Madame Tussaud statue in Picadilly
- The UK market somehow being bigger than the US is ludicrous. There's a reason the Beatles came to America and did not stay in the UK.
Or do you think artists would be content with selling 50,000 copies of an album instead of five million?
Stop being desperate. I get Madonna fans are reduced to boasting about the thousand copies she sells to get a number one in Norway, but there's no reason to be delusional with others over it and make it like it's ten times more important than having a hit in the states.
I give the Janbot credit for not being so desperate in trying to prove someone's relevance. The Vadge stans live for that shit, because that's pretty much ALL they have left at this point.
Now that I've poured grease over that shit, get me a match!
- [quote]The UK market somehow being bigger than the US is ludicrous.
Yes, quite. But I'd like to know where that was ever said?
- [quote]The UK market somehow being bigger than the US is ludicrous. There's a reason the Beatles came to America and did not stay in the UK.
Gramps, get off the computer!
- r50, can you read?!
[quote]Jackson reportedly confirmed rumors that she had briefly dated Matthew McConaughey."
It never happened.
- He would never date anyone with the herp.
- Of course I can read, R88. And like I said, it DID happen. From a 2006 UPSCALE Magazine article:
[italic]"As we drive a few blocks to the next property, which happens to be a popular, high-end hotel and apartment building, we pass a truck and Janet comments that the driver "looks like Matthew!" I recall years-old rumors of a fling between her and actor Matthew McConaughey.
"Did you two ever date?"
She thinks for a moment and then offers up the goods.
"Well, I guess we did," she says with a small for People's Sexiest Man Alive. "He is a great guy and such a sweetheart. It was just for a minute, that's why I am so hesitant to mention it," she confides as we walk into the building.[/italic]