- I don't know who Jeanne Cooper is, but Corbin Bernsen would be good in "The Last of Sheila."
- Wow so she did go after all. Thought she might pull through .
- In the current storyline Jeanne is in the hospital. Anyone know what her character's illness is?
- Her final scene, eerily fitting:
- I wonder whether these scenes were in the can for a while, just in case.
RIP, Jeanne Cooper. You were so beautiful.
- Any statement yet from Brenda Dickson ? Always heard , like Jill & Katherine, the 2 could not stand each other .
- : (
From Soap Opera Network:
R.I.P. Jeanne Cooper (October 25, 1928 – May 8, 2013)
- Messages all over Twitter from her Y&R castmates: Michael Damian, Scott Reeves etc.
- Rest in peace, Duchess! There had better be a tribute to her at the Emmys since she's one of the most talented and humble actresses who ever appeared on the soaps.
- No doubt there will be, R10.
- "...an undisclosed illness."
- She was a hard-looking as a person can be at 84 and still be vertical, no matter what they did with hair and makeup.
- On a selfish note, I hope her death kills any pending storylines involving Cane, Lily, Esther, and Chloe.
- Her first hospitalization was for a bad infection. That thought she would die but she made it. Went home. Couple days later she was back. According to Corbin, she died they brought her back and put her on a ventilator. Then after a couple days, they made the decision to take her off the ventilator. That was about 5 days ago.
Don't know if it was infection or probably organ failure due to the infections. I guess they will tell in eventually.
- R.I.P. Duchess.
- I used to watch her at her peak in '70's. I was little, but my sisters were obsessed so I watched along. This was during the Brenda Dickson era: Snapper, Brock, Leslie, Chris, The Maestro, "Naked at Dawn"... Mrs. Chancellor was a batshit alcoholic and Cooper acted the hell out of the part. Good times.
- I'm sorry for this loss. Jeanne Cooper lived a long life. That's good. Excellent actress. She was also insightful in her interviews; very realistic.
- Corbin was right to chastise those who said she was dying, she lived a whole day longer, so there.
- I think she is a nominee for the Daytime Emmys this year.
- Jeanne Cooper: 'The Young and the Restless' Actress's Best Moments In The Wake Of Her Death
- She was a remarkably charismatic actress. Caught her on an old Perry Mason a couple of weeks back, and she just had this presence about her that compelled you to watch.
- Well, ain't this a kick in the cunt. Welcome to heaven, doll.
- Fuck off, Connie. Jeanne's all mine.
Darlene Conley, in that big old women's prison in heaven
- She should have eaten more bacon.
- Her final scene,,,,,
- R24 Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- Has Doug Davidson said anything yet?
As the cast member with the most seniority, he does get Jeanne dressing room.
He is now the most tenured actor on Y&R now that Jeanne has passed on.
- As silly as it might sound, this is a pretty sad day for me because I'm a child of the 80s who grew up watching The Young and the Restless with my mom. And even though she wasn't really my favorite character (that would be Sheila...and now Adam), Katherine Chancellor was an amazing woman. Now that Jeanne is gone, Y&R has lost the one character who was a loyal/wise confidant and shrewd businesswoman. That sucks.
- Eva Longoria just tweeted
Today Geona City's lost it's beautiful Dame Grand Duchess Katherine Chancellor RIP Jeanne Cooper
- Holy shit! Thom Bierdz used to be gorgeous.
- That was sweet, R31. His mother was Jill, right? Why are they at the hospital?
- RIP Mrs. Chancellor. Grew up watching her on Y&R.
- You're just knowing that, R31?
- Thom Bierdz Stetment:
"my friend, the great Jeanne Cooper has finished her earth existence at this time. The last time I saw her was in 2011, when this photo was taken. I told her that night how great she was so many times that her sister told me to stop kissing her ass. But I thought it may be the last time I see her and wanted to let Jeanne know, as an intelligent man who could see a big picture, just how much she had accomplished, and how many people thought about her in such reverence. Few people accomplish what she did, and as a driven man, I respect that most about Jeanne. But I also knew her personally, and we spent so many hours in her dressing room over the decades, just the two of us, talking about very personal stuff. She loved and touched so many people across the globe. I am just one. And eternally grateful to have shared this time, space, existence, dream, with her... Jeanne, may you see how bright you are/were..."
- Mrs. C was just in the hospital for brain surgery. No mention of her two sons Brock or Tucker. They put Devon with her for about 2 minutes. They should have killed off Murphy like 5 years ago when he disappeared from the show.
I hope they do a reading of Mrs. C's will on Y&R. Cane is taking over at chancellor gag-ola. I wonder if she left anything to Jill.
- It's always a bummer when one of your TV fixtures ain't no more. She was a laugh and, when you think about it, a big success story in entertainment, even if just in soaps. But working steady for forty years... I imagine there's a lot of waiters would kill to have her career.
- Ms. Farren-Phelps, I'm ready for my closeup.
- [quote]I imagine there's a lot of waiters would kill to have her career.
2013 [bold]Damning with Faint Praise[/bold] award
Did Jeanne Cooper know this could be her last scene?
- I want Tucker back! Just say no to Cane.
- FINAL SCENE: Jeanne Cooper as Katherine Chancellor on ‘The Young and the Restless’
- It's so sad that she spent no time with Nikki on the show before she died.
- Wikipedia entry:
- [quote]Jeanne Cooper's Intro to the Young and The Restless 03/29/13
3-minute summary with some great highlights over the years of the Katharine-Jill fights:
- I have this odd affection for that bad of Wikipedia death hawks who circle news sites just to get that death date online first.
- CNN - Remembering actress Jeanne Cooper
- Here's The New York Times obituary:
Jeanne Cooper, ‘Young and the Restless’ Star, Dies at 84
By MARGALIT FOX
Jeanne Cooper, the enduring actress on “The Young and the Restless” who had much in common with her character, the forthright Katherine Chancellor — apart from everyday occurrences in the soap opera universe like being stranded on a desert island with nothing but her jewelry, having a shopping center fall on her and inadvertently giving one of her grandchildren away — died on Wednesday in Los Angeles. She was 84 and continued to appear on the show until her death.
Her son, the actor Corbin Bernsen, announced the death on his Facebook page, writing that his mother had died in her sleep.
Ms. Cooper was the longest-serving cast member of “The Young and the Restless,” having joined the show in late 1973, about six months after CBS began broadcasting it. As Katherine Chancellor, she played the fabulously wealthy matriarch of fictitious Genoa City, Wis.
“The Young and the Restless” is taped about six weeks in advance, and it has not been determined how Ms. Cooper’s character will be written out of the show, a CBS spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
Some of Katherine’s travails on the soap opera were Ms. Cooper’s own, including her alcoholism and subsequent sobriety, a journey she chronicled candidly in a memoir, “Not Young, Still Restless,” written with Lindsay Harrison and published last year.
When Ms. Cooper had a face-lift in 1984, it quickly became Katherine’s face-lift, with footage of Ms. Cooper’s actual surgery incorporated into the broadcast.
The two women diverged in certain vital respects. Compared with the patrician Katherine, Ms. Cooper had a far more extensive Anglo-Saxon vocabulary, which she used with robust delight in interviews.
Ms. Cooper was married and divorced only once, areas in which her on-screen alter ego — technically, though not necessarily in this order, Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy — set the bar extremely high.
For her work on the show Ms. Cooper received two Emmy Awards: a lifetime achievement award in 2004, and a Daytime Emmy for outstanding lead actress in a drama series in 2008.
She also made guest appearances on “L.A. Law,” playing the mother of Mr. Bernsen’s character, Arnie Becker.
Wilma Jeanne Cooper was born in Taft, Calif., on Oct. 25, 1928. She studied acting at the Pasadena Playhouse and the College of the Pacific in Stockton, Calif.
Her early film work included “The Redhead From Wyoming” (1953) and “The Man From the Alamo” (1953). She had guest parts on many TV shows, including “The Twilight Zone,” “Gunsmoke,” “Bonanza,” “Perry Mason” and “Ironside.”
Ms. Cooper’s marriage to Harry Bernsen, a producer, ended in divorce. Besides her son Corbin, her survivors include another son, Collin, also an actor; a daughter, Caren; and eight grandchildren, none of whom, according to any available source, she ever tried to give away.
- 2008 Emmy Win
- [quote]and eight grandchildren, none of whom, according to any available source, she ever tried to give away.
LOL - cute.
- That was cute, R50! I didn't catch that.
- Her Emmy speech proves how great she was.
- SOAP THREAD ALERT!!!!
Webmaster please delete this thread and red tag the OP.
- Little did Cheryl know, there was a hidden camera at the last DL get-together all those years ago...
- Jeanne did her best work with Brenda Dickson's Jill. Jess Walton was an okay replacement, but Jeanne and Brenda were magic.
- Any word from DL fave Brenda?
- I'm heartbroken. She was a great dame.
Having said that....
I can't believe Kate Linder tweeted and Facebooked comments about how sad she was. The bitch tried to get Jeanne fired!
- [quote]I can't believe Kate Linder tweeted and Facebooked comments about how sad she was. The bitch tried to get Jeanne fired!
Tell us more.
*I* was fuckin' Duchess!
- The Talk featured a beautiful tribute at the end of the show today (and Sheryl Underwood reminded us that black women loooooooove The Young and the Restless...she was understandably the most emotional of the co-hosts).
- My very black grandmother always referred to Katherine as Mrs. Chancellor. We would always have lunch in the summertime during Y&R.
- Well, goodbye!
- I don't think anyone is irreplaceable.
- [quote]Any word from DL fave Brenda?
She's gagged and straitjacketed and is being held in a padded and soundproofed cell. She's being given megadoses of sedatives. A press statement from the institution said, "Anything to shut that crazy bitch up."
- R58 it's in Jeanne's book.
Kate Linder went to the producers at some point and suggested that Katherine die, and Esther take over her house. Jeanne called her out on it.
Kate Linder is a no talent air waitress who appears at the opening of an envelope, and has only had a career by sheer will and a very persistent publicist. Cunt.
- Nice photo of a young Jeanne Cooper posted by Daniel Goddard on his Facebook:
- I am the real Duchess! Katherine Chancellor was a pale imitation!
- They should have an all-star gala for Kay's funeral - bring back her ex-husband Derek Thurston, her best friend Dina Mergeron, Ashley and Traci, John McCook as Lance Prentiss, Jaime Lyn Bauer as Laurie, even Kay's lesbian infatuation Joann Curtis. And all of Kay's stable boys. Is the old chick who played Kay's nemesis Alison Bancroft still live?
I think Rex Sterling died in the story, no? The actor who played Douglas Austin is dead. John Gibson, who played Kay's stripper boytoy Cash, is dead as well.
- And Felipe, the island boy Kay became involved with when she faked her death.
- Could I come?
- Kay turns up to the courthouse with Jill believing she will speak in her favor during the divorce hearing, but Kay has a bombshell and physical violence ensues:
- Maybe Corbin could take over her role?
- I hope there are blt sliders served at the viewing.
- R71, I remember reading an interview with Jeanne Cooper & Jess Walton several years ago where they said that was one of the most dramatic confrontations that ever occurred between Katharine & Jill.
- Will Y&R be recasting the part? Although I am considerably younger and much prettier, I'd be perfect for the role.
Jeanne Cooper wasn't nominated for a Daytime Emmy this year. She was in preliminary round where an x-number of performances were cited in each acting race before official nominations. The 2013 best-actress race consists of four recognized: Susan Flannery, Peggy McCay, Michelle Stafford and, last year's winner, Heather Tom.
Cooper will be missed. She was excellent throughout playing [italic]The Young and the Restless[/italic]' Katherine Chancellor since its premiere year of 1973. Cooper was a pistol in interviews; she didn't mince words. I'm sorry for this loss.
- Kim, dear, you would be redundant. Y&R already has a traditional glazed ham in its cafeteria.
- She was an excellent foil though one could say that she was not the cunt I was. Nor was she one one hundredth as campy as I was. She was Joan Crawford to my Bette Davis.Rest in Pieces, darling.
- We saw Jeanne at NATPE several years back when it was in Vegas. My friend was in "Kansas City Bomber" with her and stopped her. Jeanne recognized her and then threw her head back and had a big laugh and said that movie was one of the best times of her life. She spent almost ten minutes talking to us and was as warm and funny as I expected. If anyone ever saw KCB, a potboiler but still fun, Jeanne plays the Roller Derby manager so realistically, you might have thought she was actually in Roller Derby.
- R5 Was that really her last scene ever? If so, that is VERY eerie.
- I agree, R180. I never watched the show, but watched the clip out of curiosity. I was a little spooked.
- R81 here. OOPS, that was R80.
- I have never read Jeanne's book so I didn't know that Kate Linder tried to get her fired. Linder was an idiot to try and pull that crap.
- With Jeanne gone, watch for JFP to drop Kate Linder to recurring.
Now JFP has balanced the budget, and she can bring even more of her friends on the show.
- Hasn't Eric Braeden been on the show for practically as long as Doug Davidson? I think they joined within one year of each other. 1979 vs. 1980?
- Who's going to be queen bitch at Y&R now?
- Doug Davidson joined the show in 1978. Jeanne had only 5 years seniority above Doug.
- Whoo-hoo! She's dead! More time for ME!
- Did Eric Braeden & Melody Thomas Scott join around 1980? That's why I seem to remember.
- MTS - 1979
EB - 1980
- Is it too early? Who does Katherine leave it all to?
- I'm available! Just fax me some scripts to Detroit.
- I had know idea until this woman's death that Corbin Bernson was her son.
- [quote]Doug Davidson joined the show in 1978. Jeanne had only 5 years seniority above Doug.
Then Doug should get top billing now, which will drive old Eric crazy!
- Wonder if they'll have Corbin come back as Father Todd to officiate at the funeral.
Hope they bring back lots of old cast for funeral.
Brock and Mac without question (wonder which actress they'll get for Mac -- something like 5 have played Mac).
Phillip, Nina and Chance all should be there as well.
JT (Mac's husband), Ashley, Tracy seem likely too.
Others like Snapper, Greg Foster, Lori Brooks, etc would be nice as well.
Joanne Curtis, her almost lesbian lover, would be a hoot.
Too bad they (foolishly) killed off Liz Foster a few years ago. Would have her around.
- [quote]I had know idea until this woman's death that Corbin Bernson was her son.
Well, based on your spelling, you don't sound like the brightest bulb, so I'm not surprised.
- Bring back all these people for Mrs Chancellor's wake/funeral? HA! Sony owns Old and The Rested along with Dulls of Our Lives. They run a very tight ship. Or in other words they would rather use stand-ins rather than real people at this point! Now if they can get all those people for scale then hey go for it. If not bring on James Franco as Kate's long lost son or grandson or even nephew. Hey he's a friend of Jill, one never knows what might happen there.
- Jill has no history with this show and is slowly turning it into GH2
She is going to get no one to come back for the funeral. To throw a bone at the audience, she might get Brock. But that is it.
- An actress has died. What more need be said in tribute?
- What is all this stuff about billing? Is this some sort of joke I don't get? There is no billing. A couple of random names in the opening and then alphabetical lists in the end credits every now and then.
- As far as I know, the last time the cast salaries were published, Eric Braeden makes the most of anyone in the Y&R cast.
- Doug Davidson is now the longest tenured actor on the show.
As such he is the most senior actor, which puts him at the front of the line. And the biggest dressing room.
- [quote]What is all this stuff about billing? Is this some sort of joke I don't get? There is no billing. A couple of random names in the opening and then alphabetical lists in the end credits every now and then.
Oh, honey. You have no idea about actors' egos and how important billing is.
- Do you think they will do it like Mona Kane's funeral on AMC? With all the men raising the casket to swelling music and then the panic attack at the gravesite?
- The Talk Pays Tribute to Y&R's Jeanne Cooper (VIDEO)
- [quote]As such he is the most senior actor, which puts him at the front of the line. And the biggest dressing room.
In what world? It's showbiz, not the Elk's Lodge. These things are negotiated by agents. Fairness doesn't necessarily figure into it.
- R101 There's a queen over on the Days threads that always posts Suzanne Rogers as Maggie Kiriakis being the top billing star. In some way that serves to demean Deidre Hall who is the all time diva/star of Days. Much like Days, Eric Braeden is the all time diva and DD is the longest tenured actor. Sony could pull a Days and give Doug top billing.......so that is the story behind top billing.
- Did they dedicate today's episode of Y&R to Jeanne today?
- Doug Davidson is a minor player on Y&R. Not sure why someone here thinks he will be #1. Eric Braeden, Joshua Morrow, Michelle Stafford etc. are the big players on that show.
- [quote]Jess Walton on Y&R's Jeanne Cooper: "She Was My Friend and I Loved Her"
"Jeanne Cooper was one of a kind. No one who has ever known her would disagree with that statement. Her life force and energy were legendary. Many a time I marveled as she outlasted the rest of us on late night shoots. She was a moving, inventive, and powerful actress. She was a loving mother and grandmother. She was part warrior, part rabble rouser, part truck driver and part Diva, all wrapped up in one Great Lady. Most of all, to me, she was my friend and I loved her. For the last 26 years, hers was the face I most wanted to see when I came to work. Hers was the energy I most wanted to bounce off of on stage. Hers was the voice that kept me in stitches . And because of all that, hers is the presence I will never in my life forget."
- [quote] Doug Davidson is a minor player on Y&R.
He is the longest tenured actor on the show now.
- Or will it be like Megan's funeral on OLTL with the celebratory music and Viki Sleestack's appalled expression?
- Longevity does not equal storyline prominence, R112.
- We're all waiting for Brenda Dickson's statement. This is her one chance to offer something of substance for once in her life.
- R114 Suzanne Rogers is top billed on Days of our Lives
- I wonder how Bill Bell would have written Kay's funeral had he been alive. Remember, she was a very negative, foul mouthed and destructive character not the godly grandma figure people make her out to be. Jeanne of course is a different story.
- R110 Maggie is a bit player on Days but Sony gives her top billing as she is the longest tenured person on Days.Sony will probably do the same for Doug Davidson as well.
- [quote]Y&R's Kate Linder on Jeanne Cooper's Death: "This is Truly the End of an Era"
"My heart is breaking for Jeanne Cooper's wonderful family and for all of us who truly loved Jeanne through the years," said Linder in a released statement. "Jeanne was my mentor and an amazing actress and friend. We've been through so much together and I loved her like family. She and Bill Bell were the two people most responsible for my career on Y&R. and the world is a darker place without them. When Jeanne welcomed you into her life, you knew it and it was a fantastic feeling. This is truly the end of an era, not just for fans of The Young and the Restless, but for all of the people she touched throughout her long and distinguished career and life. She's always been larger than life and an inspiration to me and so many others. I can't imagine a world without Jeanne Cooper -- it won't be the same without her fighting spirit and lust for life and to say she will be missed is an understatement for what we are all feeling today."
- Doug Davidson on Twitter:
- Melody Thomas Scott on Twitter:
- [quote]Who's going to be queen bitch at Y&R now?
Who the hell do you think is going to be queen bitch at Y&R now? I'm going to be queen bitch at Y&R now, just like I've always been. You got that?
- The only way Braeden would allow Doug to get top billing is if he (Braeden) would get some kind of "and starring Eric Braeden..." tag at the end of the credits, like Eileen Fulton used to get.
- [quote]Doug Davidson is a minor player on Y&R.
Oh. So that's why he was nominated as Best Actor.
- Queen Bitch is Jill Phelps herself, of course.
- R123 I hear you on that one but the people at Sony might not give two sweet shits. Then again Braeden seems to be the type of cunt who would want an arrangement like that one.If you've ever seen him in Forbin or Escape From The Planet Of The Apes,the guy is good at playing cunts!
- Not sure what the current salaries are, but for a long time Eric Braeden was making $500,000 a year at Y&R while everyone else in the cast was making $250,000 or less.
- I thought Chrissy J. LeBlanc was top queen diva. Are he and Greggy still a couple?
- Steve Burton and Eric Braeden are the two highest paid actors on the show. With Jeanne and her huge salary now history, that frees up enough money for JFP to hire her cronies. Look for Kevin McClatchy, Justin Deas, Linda Dano, and Kale Browne to show up shortly.
- Don't you dare call Linda Dano a Friend of Jill. Linda is her own woman, she follows her own star and doesn't kiss up to anybody.
- I shudder to think what is going to happen to the Jill Foster Abbott character now.
- R131 JFA > JFP
- Why is Steve Burton paid a lot of money, R129?
- R131 Jill has been a bit player as of late. Jill FP shakes things up and brings back Ms Brenda Dickson! God could you imagine the catfights at Old And the Rested?
R129 Does JFP have that much money to throw around? Sony would probably have these people pop up as recurring at the most.JFP shot her load on the new sets, I can't see them upping the budget so demonstrably.
- R121 I didn't realize Melody was so pro-gay. Good for her!
- If they're smart, they'll do a proper funeral like Days did for Alice Horton after Frances Reid died.
Days Brought back many, many characters over a three week period of time for Alice's slow death and subsequent funeral.
- Y&R is fucked. The only solution is bring back Kimberlin Brown as Sheila and have her shoot everybody at the Colonnade Room or whatever it is they gather now.
- The GCAC R137. The Collannade room is long gone. I love how they never show Gina even though she works at the GCAC.
Any tweets from Micheal Damian?
- Michael Damian tweeted this a few days before Jeanne's death:
[quote]Dear friends, I wanted to let you know The Carmelite Sisters are praying for Jeanne Cooper. God bless
Another reason to become an atheist LOL
- In all seriousness, did Y&R steal The Duchess title from AMC's Phoebe intentionally?
- Benny was referring to Phoebe as Duchess around 75/76. When did Brock start calling Kay that?
- Brenda Dickson sees this death as a golden opportunity to plug her new book:
[quote] "I AM DEEPLY SADDENED AT JEAN COOPER'S PASSING. MY CONDOLENCES TO HER FAMILY. IRONICALLY MY NEW *BOOK COMING OUT THIS MONTH COVERS HOW JEAN WAS TREATED ON THE Y&R SET. WHICH I FELT WAS SOMETIMES CRUEL".BRENDA DICKSON"
Keep it classy, Brenda!
- I think Brenda may be autistic. She's very childlike. There was a genuine fondness between her and Jeanne Cooper. Jeanne saw how Brenda was taken advantage of and actually spoke in depth about her contributions to Y&R and how tough 'they' made it for her in this illuminating interview. Please, if you care at all about the foundation of what made Y&R the biggest soap opera in American history, a foundation built by Cooper and Dickson, read this interview:
- Jeannie actually liked Ms Brenda! What a shock.JC also bought into her Hawaii story as well. Good for her. I've never liked the Bells soaps to begin with now Jeannie and Brenda have shown me what utter cunts the Bells and their lackey actors can be!
- Benny definitely started calling Phoebe "Duchess" before Brock started calling his mother "Duchess." And in those days AMC was a much more popular show than Y&R so it was definitely a case of the less cool kid copying the cool kid.
- Jill, dear, when can I expect my first script messengered to me? Ralph Waite and I are doing Love Letters at the Pasadena Playhouse in the evenings, so please have the script sent during daylight hours.
ps, I love your idea of having Mark Derwin as my slightly younger new bf once you kill off that elderly coot who plays my husband. Double love your idea of having him refer to me as "Blondie." Looking forward to playing a younger, sexier Katherine.
Miss Michael L.
- I'll say this... I am buying Brenda Dixon's fucking book before it's injunctioned into oblivion. Fact or fiction, it's gonna be a total hoot! I read the free pages on Amazon and it's fabulously awful. I think her ghost writer was Helen Keller.
- Soaps have always stolen names from each other. Duchess was as subject to theft as the name Carly. Or Ronan.
- do you think they found a safe place to bury her liver?
- No one will ever rock chiffon as hard as Mrs. C.!
- Kate Linder is nothing but a horse faced nothing. How is it that she is photographed on so many red carpets? Better question is WHY is she photographed at all? She is NOTHING but a washed up two bit twat.
- Or Victor, R148.
- Exactly, R152.
- Katherine had a marvelous wardrobe!
- very pretty as a young woman, but looked very hard for many years on Y&R. I am supposing she was a heavy smoker and drinker? Her voice sounds like a 2 pack a day habit. A tough broad.
- Jeanne was a heavy drinker & smoker in her younger days, yes. She talked about her struggles in interviews over the years. She quit a long time ago though.
Don't think Jess Walton has though. She's still a heavy smoker by all accounts.
- R143: That reads more that "Brenda was a crazy piece of work, which caused the cast to dislike her and be mean to her, which caused Jeanne to feel sorry for her" than "a genuine fondness."
It seems like all her "fondness" comes from feeling sorry for her, including calling her when she was in jail.
I wonder what events in Brenda's life she is alluding to. The rape by the producer? Childhood sexual abuse?
- Surprised to read about how Melody was so cold toward Jeanne and one time and how Ed Scott stopped lighting her in favor of enhancing his wife in the scene. I wonder how Mel felt with Jeanne bringing that up in the book. It had to have hurt - and also made her feel a bit humiliated and infuriated?
- [quote] With Jeanne gone, watch for JFP to drop Kate Linder to recurring.
Kick her to the door is more like it.
Kate's done at Y&R. No Katherine, no Chancellor mansion. And for that matter, Jill will fade farther into the woodwork.
- Tribute episode scheduled for 5/28
- According to Nancy Lee Grahn, Jeanne Cooper is an unabashed liberal who made her [Grahn] "look tame."
[quote]Jeanne was the soap diva that made me look tame. Bless her uncompromising, ever determined liberal kick assed heart.
I don't watch soaps and am not familiar with her career, but I am familiar with who she was.
- Just read on Twitter that they are planning to air a tribute show to her in late May with interviews with the cast about their memories of working with her.
- R124, Doug Davidson is not one of the characters most-commonly associated with Y&R. He does not feature heavily in its promotion or advertising.
Take a look at this cast photo on Y&R's official Twitter page - do you see Doug Davidson anywhere?
- [quote] Doug Davidson is not one of the characters most-commonly associated with Y&R.
Doesn't matter. Like Suzie Rogers from Days, Doug is now the longest tenured actor on Y&R
No one can take that away from him.
- Jeanne looked so old for decades - even in the 90's she looked like she was in her late 70's.
- She was a heavy smoker & drinker in her early days, R166.
- Katherine Chancellor was a straight rip off of Phoebe Tyler.
Rich bitch - check
Old money - check
dumped by husband for a kindly woman - check
Alcoholic - check
Flamboyant - check
nicknamed Duchess - check
- They seem to be avoiding telling the cause of death. The official obit just released said she died after a "brief illness."
- Absolutely, R168. I'd want to scream at the TV when Brock would call her "Duchess." Such a rip-off of AMC.
- [quote]There's a queen over on the Days threads that always posts Suzanne Rogers as Maggie Kiriakis being the top billing star.
And she's incredibly annoying because the credits show no such thing.
- Here's the official obit...
- But was Phoebe a lusty slut like Chancellor? That old broad was always trying to get some, usually with some guy younger than her.
- Yes, Phoebe loved the boys. She also had a very close relationship with her round and about niece Brooke English, which Y&R subsequently ripped off in turn having Kay take a liking for the uppity stripper Nikki Reed.
I mean really, we could be here all night if we wanted a thorough list of just how unoriginal a creation Katherine Chancellor actually WAS, and how Phoebe was the FIRST of the strong women on television, as Ruth Warrick tells us in this clip:
- Someone said that back in the 70's or 80's, they tried to make Katherine Chancellor a lesbian. How did that storyline go?
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
JILL FOSTER ABBOTT
- [quote] Someone said that back in the 70's or 80's, they tried to make Katherine Chancellor a lesbian. How did that storyline go?
I didn't see it but it's been written about. She had a friendship with a lady friend and it went as far as holding her hand and expressing some sort of affection, verbally.
The response was so negative it was killed immediately. This was mid to late 70s I think.
- [quote]Jeanne was a heavy drinker & smoker in her younger days, yes. She talked about her struggles in interviews over the years. She quit a long time ago though.
In her book, Brenda Dickson talks about Jeanne passing out in the lobby of a hotel.
Brenda peevishly recalls that she had to step over the body on the way to her room.
Brenda also recounted how annoying the old bitch was, getting drunk and forgetting her lines.
- I have an autographed 8x10 with a personalized message from Jeanne Cooper. It's in the original envelope that was mailed. The personalized message was about her kidnapped story line she was involved in at the time.
Should I continue to keep it in my house or move it to the safe deposit box?
- The tribute show will air on May 28.
- Phoebe Tyler never ran a corporation either. She was just a rich society bitch who meddled in EVERYONE'S bidness.
- Jeanne Cooper's final @YR_CBS episode aired 5/3/13. At the end of the scene she ad-libbed the poignantly beautiful line, "goodnight."
- Kay never ran Chancellor Industries. She hired people to do it, like Victor and now that Australian guy.
- Did she know it might be her final scene, R182?
- I think everyone knew, r184.
- It had to be some sort of cancer, I think.
I don't need to know and they can keep it under wraps. But she seems to have deteriorated quite rapidly.
- Katherine never was the cunt Phoebe was either. Both actresses in real life had affairs with younger men and seemed to not give a shit who knew it. Especially Ruthie. She looked like she was a firecracker in the sack as well.
In terms of Ms Brenda Dickson and Jeanne, Jeanne had some great things to say about Ms Dickson in the recent past. I think that Brenda brought up the bad shit to sell some copies.As far as I know she still spoke to her recently.
(Fill in the blanks)
- How does Melody Thomas Scott feel to now automatically slide into the Grande Dame role on the show?
- Phoebe was slightly more abrasive and self righteous than Kay but the point is, when they loved somebody they went to the very ends of the earth to protect them:
- YOUNG and the RESTLESS
MISS VICTORIA ROWELL
- THE YOUNG
and the RESTLESS
- When Michael Knight was first cast as Tad on AMC he was supposed to fuck Phoebe for "presents" but it was deemed too creepy considering he was a Martin. So he fucked the somewhat younger Marian Colby, instead. Phoebe did end up with a much younger toy boy husband a few years later, though.
- [quote]How does Melody Thomas Scott feel to now automatically slide into the Grande Dame role on the show?
Bitch gonna feel a world of hurt if she don't learn her place!
- r193, yeah, a young man who plotted to murder her.
So who did Ruth Warrick have an affair with?
- Ruth had quite a life....
- r188] Isn't it obvious?
Dylan McAvoy Newman
We have plans to reveal that Dylan and Adam were switched at birth. Dylan is the real Newman heir. Adam will be out on his butt, living in Murphy's trailer by the end of the summer.
Eric Braeden is getting on up there in years, so we need a young, handsome, dynamic and capable leading man to build the show around. Steve Burton fits the bill to the tee.
- If JFP is so intent on tying Dylan into every storyline on the canvas, she'd tie him to Lauren by revealing he was Dylan the not so dead black market baby that Sheila switched with Lauren's real son. Dylan of course then died a cot death and Lauren spiraled into a tailspin of grief that Sheila took advantage of, flaunting her own baby (really Lauren's) and rubbing salt into her rival wounds every chance she could get:
- Perfect, R197. Steve Burton is to Jill Farren Phelps as Victor Newman is to Kay Alden.
- Timothy Gibbs is so fucking hot. He and I stayed the same hotel at the Jersey shore a couple of summers ago. There was a common area, and the little tease used to walk around with unbuttoned dress shirts and tank tops. Deep, lush beautiful pits, if you're into that sort of thing. He gave off a very sexual vibe. Walking testosterone.
- Yeah, why couldn't JFP have hired Tim Gibbs? I'd watch Y&R if he played Dylan.
Steve Burton looks like he blows his nose in his hand, then wipes his hand off in his hair.
- Or that other hot FOJ, Kevin McClatchy (the actor, not the gay owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Tim Gibbs is a hot fuck. I think he does the Jon Hamm/Don Draper thing better than Hamm does.
Some show should hire him to be that sexy douchey guy.
And ditto on the Kevin McClatchy suggestion. Time to axe the boring Baldwin boys and bring on Kevin and Tim.
- Oh, no, R203. Don't think you're getting rid of my gays, Michael and Kevin.
- Sorry R204. But Michael belongs on the Old Men Who Look Like Lesbians site.
- Now you're just being silly, R205.
- Where's Rafe?
- Rafe went back into the closet where all the fags belong.
- I found Tim Gibbs' youtube page - he is a DREAM! If you check out his uploads, you will find compilations of his appearances on OLTL and Sex & the City.
- [quote]Eric Braeden is getting on up there in years, so we need a young, handsome, dynamic and capable leading man to build the show around. Steve Burton fits the bill to the tee.
The casting notes for Dylan described him as dynamic and energetic. So far all I've seen is dull and lethargic. You can tell he's feeling something very deeply when Burton blinks a lot.
- The variety of Steve Burton's facial expressions seem to suggest different reactions while taking a shit.
- Is Thom B coming back for the memorial?
- They just showed a clip from the tribute that'll air tomorrow and Heather Tom (THE true Victoria Newman) will be coming back to reminisce!!!
- For the last time it will be
Young and Restless
- Is Vicky Rowell coming back for the tribute?
- Oh sure, R216. Along with the rest of the Y&R cast, Jeanne Cooper was happy to see the back of Rowell. No reason to bring her back for a tribute when she'll make it about her, or try anyway.
- Cooper's other son (not Corbin) looked like he wanted to look straight at the camera and yell "SHE WAS A BITCH!"
- Collin Bersen was a model back in the 1980s
- After today it will be
Young and Restless
- Today's tribute show was perfect. Well done.
- I had to walk over that drunk in a hotel lobby!
- Watched today's tribute. I wasn't watching the she at the very end of her run but it was pretty clear from the last scene she did that she was in quite ill health.
- It was emotional but kind of rushed. Jess did a great job, but then there was fucking Cricket sitting there all dead eyed, and Nina tried to tell a story that went nowhere. And the maid babbled a bit. I'd say the most effective were the interviews and messages from Jeanne, and clips from her early stuff.
- Beautiful tribute. I stopped watching the show years ago, but I had to tune in to see this. Very surprised they were able to do such a wonderful classy job. A bit of a shame they couldn't show clips of Dickson's Jill with Kay, but this wasn't what the show was about.
RIP Jeanne Cooper - if you can stand the peace.
- I would have paid money to see what Dickson had to say; I do wish they'd shown more clips. If you get a chance, YouTube "Goodbye, TRAMP!" - it's amazing.
- Tribute show was awesome, never seen something done quite like this and was a special tribute to a special lady. Goodnight!
- 'What tank would you like to dry out in this time, Kay?'
A more fitting tribute would have been a Katherine and Jill (Brenda Dickson) clip show.
- Just terrible. A simple slow fade placard at the end with a head shot and DOB and DOD would've been more effective.
- I thought the premise with the actors sitting in various groups was well thought out - it's a shame that the actors really had very little to say that held my interest. None of them have Jeanne's knack for storytelling do they?
- That entire episode was just a ego thing for YR's already over inflated ego cast. It wasn't about Cooper, it was about others, many of whom at that tribute, Cooper couldn't stand. I get wanting to pay tribute to the actress, but that dysfunctional set has the wrong group of people to do something like that, properly.
- r231 is on the something. It spoke volumes that the first thing Michelle Stafford talked about was her character Phyllis' marriage to Danny. I mean, what?!
- [quote] the first thing Michelle Stafford talked about was her character Phyllis' marriage to Danny.
If you watched the show, it was all about how Jeanne coached Michelle how to cry on-camera in that scene.
- Daniel Goddard (Cane) seems came across as a very nice guy, though.
- I do agree that a lot of the tributes were self-promoting. Thank goodness for the editing, which was crisp and I'm sure many times opted to cut off those who embarked on self-serving soliloquies.
And Jess Walton's emotion at the end just looked like another episode of Y&R (It didn't help that they mixed it with an actual episode).
Still, I sat through the whole thing because the important thing - regardless of the frilly window dressing - was that a wonderful dame was being honored.
- Also, as someone who stopped watching when they switched Jack and Jill, it was great to see John and Tracy Abbott again...and I always love Tricia Cast.
- Who is the actor with glasses in blue suit with blue striped shirt?
- Mel does not like it one bit that the new Noah (her grandson on the show) is 28 in real life. As if!
- Jeanne hated SORAS. Case in point, Summer now being 18, which logically would make Cassie 35 and Sharon and Nick 50, with Victor and Nikki somewhere in their 80s and 90s.
- As if? It means he was born when his father was 11.
- r237, I think you are referring to Beau Kayzer, who has played Kay's son Brock Reynolds for decades. Cooper revealed in her autobiography that she and Kayzer carried on a sexual affair behind the scenes in the 70s whle they were playing mother and son.
- They asked where did Y&R come up with the name Duchess? The answer is, they stole it from AMC's Phoebe Tyler.
- How was Y&R superstar Michael Muhney left out of this tribute?
- Was Sharon Case the only long time cast member left out of the tribute? It seemed that way.
- Adrienne Frantz was hurt to be left out as well. She said so on twitter.
I don't completely hate SORAS, but I can see why Jeanne and others hated/hate SORAS. There are times where it is sort of easy to buy some SORASing of some characters and other times it is hard to buy. Sometimes SORASing is awful due to bad casting. One example that sticks out in my mind is when OLTL cast a former American Idol contestant to play SORAS Duke Buchanan. Dan Gauthier was playing Kevin at the time and he looked too young to be the father of SORAS Duke.
- Y&R SORAS -
Victoria Newman was born in 1982 and played by the same child for 8 years. In 1991 she showed up as teenaged Heather Tom. She should be 30 years old now.
Billy Abbot was born on screen in 1993 - 2 years after Teenaged Vicki showed up and stayed a kid until 1999. Oddly enough Heather Tom's brother got the role.
(Billy Abbott married Victoria Newman - which in real world would be a 17 year old marrying a 30 year old).
Phillp Chancellor III - he was born in 1975 - 11 years later he showed up as 16 year old Phillip. Phillip and Nina have baby Chance born in 1988 (it should be noted that while Victoria was born in 1982 just 6 years prior to Chance, Chance remained a child while Victoria showed up as a teenager). Phillip III may be the closest in real age as the Character should be 42 years old.
Chloe - Esther's daughter she was born in 1990. Should be 22 years old.
- Also Nick Newman was born after Chance. I think he was born in 1989, but was SORASED to a teenager in 1993 or 1994.
- Was Bug Blair on the tribute? It has been said that every relationship she has had on the show the other actor is gay -
Tom Bierdz (Phillip)
Stephen Gregory (Chase)
Michael Damian (Danny)
Peter Barton (Scott)
Christian LeBlanc (Michael)
the only two exceptions are - Ken Olandt (Derek, who date raped her) and Doug Davidson.
- Stephen Gregory is gay? That's news to me.
The mention of Sharon Case not being in the tribute reminds me of when I attended Douglas Marland's memorial at the Ambassador Theater in NYC. It was a deeply emotional farewell to ATWT's beloved headwriter. At its conclusion Martha Byrne, Jon Hensley and a few of the other young-ish "vets" sat quietly in their seats,, perhaps pondering over what the hell was going to happen without Doug being there anymore. Sharon (who'd only been playing Debbie for a few weeks and had never met Marland even though he approved her casting) suddenly asked "Hey, you guys wanna go bowling?" They stared at her.
Maybe they left her out of Cooper's on-air tribute because she'd ask them if they all wanted to go out to Chuck E.
- Tricia Cast made NO SENSE!
- LOL, Tricia was a bit confusing.
"Jeanne saw me and targeted me immediately." LOL
- Tricia was being vague, but she meant that Jeanne saw through her facade and challenged her.
She stayed with Jeanne during her appearances of the last few years - she lives in Nashville, I think, but flies in from time to time.
Sharon Case is totally bizarre. She has been from day one. R250's story is no surprise. Then there was the whole "I wear dresses and take them back for a refund" brouhaha. This was all before she became a Scientologist, too.
- I think Tricia Cast is really not natrually articulative - one as those types who fit better when in character and has a script. In an interview, she'd be confusing. Lauralee Bell was helping her through like a best buddy would.
- I wish B&B had done a sit-down tribute to Darlene Conley. Tricia and Lauralee could have joined in on that one - I used to love Rose DeVille telling Cricket to STFU and stay out of her affairs.
- I liked the tribute but the cast recollections ran a little too long. I would have preferred more from Jess Walton, or more from her family, something.
Adrienne Frantz must have pissed off the Bells to not be invited. She and Jeanne were close.
And I was surprised that Lee Phillip Bell didn't say anything.
- Why was John McCook there??? Jess was wonderful, but would it have really hurt to bring back Brendad Ickson?
- I'm guessing John McCook was included because he used to play Lance Prentiss on Y&R. I don't know if Lance and Kay were involved in a story together, but McCook and Cooper were probably good friends in real-life; they are both Bell veterans.
- Y&R and B&B are just across the hall from each other, the casts are basically a united front where everyone knows everyone! i think John was there representing B&B more than anything, since he is the patriach of that show and Heather is obviously one of the most definitive Y&R actors of the 1990s and was held in great admiration by Jeanne.
- I guess this thread is for dredging up actors who haven't been on Y&R for the past 20 years (or more than 10 minutes) and wondering why they weren't featured on the tribute show?
- Why did Heather Tom leave The Young and the Restless? Sure, her current role has won her a Best Actress Emmy, but the character of Victoria is being squandered by the incompetent actress currently playing her.
- Heather left Y&R because the writers had started to switch Victoria and Nick's personalities (ferociously assertive and somewhat passive) and she found that intolerable and offensive to the character she had built up over 12 years.
- R261, she didn't like where the EP at the time (David Shaughnessy) wanted to take the character.
I have seen some interesting online discussions about how writers have to "write down" to an actor's skills when a character is played by a less than talented actor. Amelia Heinle's Victoria is always used as an example because of the radical difference in the writing for Heather Tom and her. Sad. All those flying eyebrows signifying nothing.
- It could be that, but her agent told me that they were cutting her work load to a two day garentee.
She then booked OLTL and did Primate on Broadway. Then B and B.
- Ah, PRYMATE! Where we got to watch Heather Tom masturbate a gorilla. One of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. I rarely say this, but in this one caseat least, she'd have been better served by the Y&R writers.
- Why did she got to B&B instead of going back to Y&R? Surely she had rights to reclaim that character if she wanted it?
- Jeanne would have called such bullshit on that tribute. First of all she didn't like that sort of thing. Jeanne didn't give into sentimentality and she always laid her cards on the table.
The YR set is the most dysfunctional set on daytime. There is no other set like it. The GH set during Frons, Guza and JFP was close, but even that set didn't reach the levels of pure cray cray that is the YR set. They all hate each other, while at the same time do the whole fake nice thing with certain people, but exclude others for totally arbitrary reasons. Each one believes they are responsible for the show being #1. Meanwhile, the reason why YR is #1 is habit and it comes on at or close to lunch time in most markets.
They all got together and banned crazy Victoria Rowell, which speaks to just how crazy she is. They tried to do the same thing with Michael Muhney, but Steve Kent stepped in and but the kibosh on it. MM just got a time out for a bit.
- When is Kimberlyn Brown going to play Sheila again, that's what viewers crave to see.
- Michael Muhney is the combination of a sedate Jack Nicholson and an animated Helmut Berger.
- It could happen with Michelle Stafford gone, R268.
- I hope so. There are loads of Y&R people Sheila never interacted with like Victor and Jill. It would be interesting to see her tangle with the heavyweights. Lauren was never much of a rival for Sheila.
- Whats the story about Micheal M?
- John was the male lead of the show in its early years. I don't think he was just there as a B&B rep. Lance was some big shit on the show in those days.
- Nobody wants to see Sheila except you, R268/271. She is nothing but excrescence, with her one tic, waving her haircurtain back and forth in every scene she's in.
Piss on her.
- Would love to see Sheila back. She'd be better served on B&B than Y&R though. Have her seduce Rick to torment Eric and Brooke. Or Thomas, which would give Taylor a heart attack.
- r267, what is the dirt? How do they all hate each other when there are rumors of several cliques on that set?
- OK, those of you who want to ponder on Sheila's return or Heather Tom's characterization and apparent entitlement to determine how the soap should be written (!), should start your own threads.
This here is a tribute to Jeanne Cooper, aka Mrs. Kaye Chancellor.
- Kaye Chancellor? KAYE?!!
Spill on GH during the Frons era. I love gossip.
- So shocking, plus she played a sick role even the last days on soap
- Actually 263 they wanted to reduce her guarantee.
She might of had a 3 episode guarantee, and they wanted to reduce that to 2 episodes.
She saw it as being put on the back-burner with no storyline.
So she left
- I'm sure every time she sees Heinle trying to work with that narcissist Billy Miller, she knows she made the right decision.
- Speaking of Billy Miller, did anyone just see him and his scrumptious chesticles on that based-on-a-true-story Lifetime movie that just went off, co-starring Harvey Keitel?
- Did Jeanne have cancer? She was so thin in that last yr clip
- The should keep this beloved character alive, maybe played by a much younger actress. There is so much story potential for Katherine.
Miss Michael Learned
- So if Kate Linder tried to get her off the show why did she get to appear in the tribute?
- I wondered the same thing 285. I have yet to see a cause of death other than her being 84. When Sony wants to pare the payroll, they really go full force.
- McCook just warmed the seat up for me - I was the real Lance Prentiss.
The former Mr. Jaclyn Smith
- Jaclyn Smith got some hot tail...Dennis Cole, Roger Davis. Both superhot studs.
- When she first got very ill a year ago or so, they claimed she had a virus. They were so hush-hush and sneaky-acting at the time, nobody believed them. It's pretty obvious she had been diagnosed with cancer or something equally life-threatening that she didn't want to share with viewers. It's odd, given how open she had been about so many other things.
I thought after she died we might be told what was going on with her, but apparently not.
- She had complications od COPD....
- It was the booze and the cigarettes and the stable boys.
"Oh Kay, you've gone and gotten yourself messy drunk again."
- COPD? I guess I was so fixated on something along the lines of an inoperable tumor, I never thought of anything like that.
- Tell me I'm not crazy. Isn't this the woman who used to wear a veil over the bottom half of her face? I can't find any pics of that, but I swear if I remember correctly she wore a veil over her face for a long time on that show. Maybe it was post facelift and the producers wrote some kind of veil into the storyline?
- r295, you're thinking of Vanessa Prentiss, played by K.T. Stevens.
- Did she win an Emmy for her "I caaaaaaaaaaan't" intervention speech?
- I'm ready to stomp over her grave to get on my mark. Get ready, worl', Drucilla Barber is COMIN' BACK AT YA!
- The Tribute made me cry.
- Kate Linder did not try to get Katherine off the show - she just pitched a storyline where Katherine died and left Esther all her money. It's not like Kate Linder had any leverage to get Jeanne off the show, as Jeanne pointed out, Kate was just desperate to get contract.
- Are we sure Kate Linder pitched for Jeanne to be killed off? Or was the idea she pitched that Kay is presumed dead and Esther inherits?
- Yes, we are sure Kate Linder did do just that.
- In the new Digest, Greg Rikaart is listed as being in a "committed relationship." If that's not code for gay, then I don't know what is.
- Why doesn't Kate Linder just admit she pitched the story idea? In Jeanne's book she said likes Kate Linder but that she's basically on her own planet. She said that she had a falling out with Melody Thomas shortly after Melody's marriage to producer Ed Scott, she says she has NO IDEA wy she stopped being close with Melody...and they resumed their friendship years later...Melody wasn't on the tribute show IIRC...She speaks highly of Victoria Rowell and had a running thing with Eric Braeden (he must always get the last word) wel one tine she got int he last word only 1 time after all those years...
- Melody was on the tribute show.
- Melody showed a candid photo of her and Jeanne that she kept in her dressing room. She was in the segments with Eric, Peter, and Michelle.
- What happened to the Pete/Celia/AMC thread? Why are all the soap threads disappearing???
- OK, I don't want to be mean, and I am not posting this to incite people, but did anyone else think Jeanne Cooper look like an aged drag queen in the last couple years of her life?
- She looked like Phyllis Diller. That face lift of hers didn't do her any favors. And she was a lousy actress.
- So will some courageous soul start up a Daytime Emmy Awards thread tonight and that can end up being an all-purpose discussion of our stories?
- R310, just as long as it stays a Cassadine Free Zone, I'd love to have a new thread to discuss our shows! :)
- I wonder how Melody feels knowing Jeanne put that in the book about her antics.
- Are these MTS' antics to which you are referring, R312? I wasn't aware that getting married was an antic.
[quote]She said that she had a falling out with Melody Thomas shortly after Melody's marriage to producer Ed Scott, she says she has NO IDEA wy she stopped being close with Melody...and they resumed their friendship years later...
- They were deleted because you drew attention to them when we all reported and F&Fed you.
That's how it works. Soap threads are only tolerated by webbie until someone like you becomes a regular problem. Housewives who can't take a hint are why DL banned soap threads to begin with. The dimwit you keep ranting about is nowhere to be found. It's you, kitten. Good job.
- MTS needs Doug Davidson to leave Y&R so the billing would be
Melody Thomas Scott
Nikki Reed Newman
She is currently second in seniority after Doug.
Since Jeanne passed on she is now the longest tenured actress on the show. Doug being the longest tenured actor
- Melody and Jeanne apparently had a falling out around the time Melody married producer Ed Scott and it became The Nikki Show. Many including Jeanne resented Ed's attention to Melody. I think Melody was so uncomfortable with the conflict and stopped talking to Jeanne.
Not sure of the timeline, but they were on the outs for a few years and then, one day, Melody just started speaking to her again. And all was forgiven.
R303 I saw the same thing and it hit me: I wonder if he and CLB really are together? The same article talks about how much they love each other.
- I never perceived Y&R as being "the Nikki show." I think after she married Ed Scott, some of MTS' troublemaking co-workers enjoyed creating a stink and saying anything good she got was because of her husband, but I don't believe it was true. She was on Y&R for a long time before she married Ed Scott and had big storylines for years.
I think that's why Jeanne said she didn't know why she and Melody had fallen out. In retrospect, it probably didn't make any sense to her either.
Backstage at Y&R has been a viper pit for some time, with some pretty disgusting people conjuring up conspiracy theories just to keep things stirred up so they have more power. That doesn't mean any of what they said was true. JFP seems to be in the process of breaking apart the cliques that caused most of the trouble and dealing with the worst troublemakers. More power to her. It needed to be done.
- It was never the Nikki show, as Bill Bell never played favorites (well maybe the exception of his daughter).
But where some objected was the time that was taken to film MTS scenes.
Extra attention was paid to lighting, camera work, make-up, hair, wardrobe. Ed Scott was in the booth and calling the shots. Things would shut down to a standstill while he tinkered with MTS scenes.
Compare that to the other actors, and they never got that extra attention.
That is what people objected to.
- That has the ring of truth, R318, but the problem was Ed Scott and they blamed MTS.
- How about Melody having a baby with her make-up artist??
Nobody told her about not pooping where you eat.
- [quote]Nobody told her about not pooping where you eat.
On a soap? Soaps were always notorious for backstage affairs.
If she had an affair with Erik Braeden, it would be different. A makeup guy is not pooping where you eat.
- [R303], [R316] Rikaart is definitely in a long term relationship with a wannabe actor/writer Rob Sudduth. They have been together for at least five years. They are a very cool couple. I have met and talked with them a few times. Very down to earth.
- MTS is pitching to TPTB at Sony that she and Doug should alternate top billing.
One week it would be Doug getting top billing, and her the next.
- R321, she also married the producer.
- So what, R324? Still typical soap backstage behavior.
- Even back when Ed Scott was producing the show MTS had seniority. After Jeanne, MTS was the longest tenured female actress on the show
Why shouldn't she throw her weight around. She had seniority and she earned it.
- Of course, if crazy Brenda Dickson is to believed she was being chased after by the head writer and creator.
- I wish Brenda and Victoria weren't so damn crazy. It would be nice to know the truth without having to pick and choose among the weird stuff.
- R321 and R235 has major 'tude. Are you Melody?
- R325 and R321 not 235, sorry R235
- Hell no, I'm not Melody.
I just think it's dumb to talk about pooping where you eat when it's a makeup guy but Jeanne was fucking the guy who was playing her son.
Soap people spend too much time backstage. They get bored and fuck around a lot. Or they create mean girl cliques and bully their co-workers.
- R331, I'm not singling out Melody. Every workplace has those dynamics. Just gossiping !
- Michelle Stafford was at ABC's post-Daytime Emmy party, so I guess that means she'll soon probably be added to GH's bloated cast.
- And surely Greg and CLB slurped on each other's schlongs.
- Christian leBlanc used to be so hot
- Now I get it, R332. I always thought the makeup guy affair was kind of hot. I could see him bending her over the chair, or shoving the makeup on the floor and going at it like a couple of bunnies on his work station.
GH deserves the likes of Stafford, but I wonder how long she would live with LW and NLG around. She would be fighting with even meaner girls than herself for the first time.
- I thought NLG and MS were besties. That may be why she was hanging out with GH. I heard she adores FV too. If GH adds anymore people to their cast they will need a two hour show.
- I doubt NLG and MS are "besties." More like two pit vipers curling up together for warmth. NLG is a bit of a slut with a substance abuse problem and MS is a Scientologist lesbian.
How would MS know FV well enough to adore him?
- It's a shame that you all came after me like pack wolves in the Daytime Emmy's thread, isn't it?
- Nelson Branco, who claims to be a journalist, had a twitter meltdown today over MS leaving. He kept saying JFP should suck his cock.
The admins of the site where I saw copies of the tweets have taken them down, but a few posters had already copied them:
[bold]Nelson Branco @nelliebranco 14h
Jill Farren Phelps can suck my c*ck.
7:21 PM - 6 Jul 13
Nelson Branco @nelliebranco 13h
I would never allow Jill Farren Phelps to suck my c*ck... Because my c*ck would be cancelled.
7:31 PM - 6 Jul 13[/bold]
- The hottest guy on Y&R these days is Marco Dapper, who plays "Carmine" . . . but I fear his character's days are numbered.
- Breaking: Jeanne Cooper Dead. What a load of crap. IT wasn't breaking anything when she died and it's hardly a footnote months later. This is just another good example of DL's death knells.
- Nelson Branco is a douchebag.
- Young & Restless
- Branco frightens me. He makes Sheila Carter seem like Mary Poppins in comparison.
- The memorial for Katherine is hysterical. Michael Damien looks 70 and has the worst, fakest dye job EVER.
- I agree that Damien's hair looks much too dark. Every time he returns to the show I'm reminded of how queenly he seems. I never understood him marrying a woman. (They have no kids.)
I'd love to know the reason why Thom Bierdz wasn't invited. Perhaps his kooky videos sandbagged his chances.
- That is not Michael Damien's real hair.
It is very obviously a wig. And not a good looking wig.
- If I was going to the trouble to wear a wig, I'd damn well make sure it was a better looking one than that.
- Glad they brought back some people for the memorial.
But the people missing from the service are glaring:
Tucker -- her son
Phillip III -- her grandson
MacKenzie -- her granddaughter
JT -- her granddaughter's husband
Chance -- her great-grandson
Ashley -- her best friend John's daughter
Also missing are Snapper and Greg Foster, who would have likely come to the funeral to be there for their sister Jill.
- Online rumor is that Nikki's upcoming story is that she finds the long lost baby she had with Paul Williams - one she apparently forgot.
Three guesses as to who that young baby boy grew up to be and the (Dylan) first two (Dylan) don't (Steve Burton Show, starring Steve Burton) count!
- What I HATE about these BREAKING threads is that this is OLD FUCKING NEWS by now.
- I wish the BREAKING queen/troll would fall off a building and land on his neck. The headline could read BREAKING!!!!!! BROKEN.
- Jeanne was going to ditch Y&R for ATWT for a couple of months when Doug Marland wrote her a role - to play Lucinda Walsh, Neal Alcott and Royce Keller's wicked mother Gloria in flashbacks to 30s Chicago. The role was to reunite her with Terry Lester. Unfortunately Doug died before they could develop the storyline so Liz Hubbard had to play the dual roles of Lucinda and her mother Gloria herself.
- Surprise wedding today! I didn't even know they were still together.
If Nikki's kid turns out to be Dylan, I'll vomit. So Chelsea will be divorced from Victor's son and married to Nikki's son?
- The actress Tricia Cast (Nina) came off very weird in the tribute show the cast did shortly after Jeanne died. She was relaying a conversation she had with Jeanne and addressed her as "Hey Man" in a creepy druggie voice. I cringed.
Micheal Damien looked horrendous.
The vibe for the memorial show was like the actors and their relationship to each other and Jeanne rather than their characters. i.e when Danny says to Nikki "Don't you ever age?" It felt very off for the characters.
Why the fuck was Michael the only one standing ?? They couldn't get 1 extra chair? They had done random sitting off to the side really stupid! No mention of Phillip wHat so ever even though Jill was just in the outback taking care of him after his knee surgery. Eye roll.
- R355 Adam and Chelsea are divorced and She and Dylan are married.
- What about Nikki and Jill seeing Kaye's ghost? That was ridiculous and insulting. Maybe somebody spiked the punch?
- Derogatory I just re-read your post R355 yes most likely since Dullen will be Nikki's long lost son Gag
- Derp autocorrected to derogatory ok I'm out!
- So Nikki gave birth to Dylan around the same time she was associated with Rose DeVille and her prostitution racket, yes? Does the mean Rose sold Dylan?
- Here's a clip of Darlene Conley as Rose telling Nikki to shut up and put out!
- about this Nikki having a new kid, I wasn't alive when this played out on air but it is possible(or they really messing up on air history)? Paul said he was around in the cult as well, what was the story?
- Can someone explain why Kate Linder is on contract at Y&R. They hardly ever show her. What is the purpose of her being on contract?
She should be recurring at best.
- R364 now that they have rested Katherine, watch in Kate Linder next cycle she be dropped to recurring.
Frees up money for FOJ to bring in some more of her people.
- I never could figure out why kate linder has been on contract all this time either. If jeanne hadnt died she probably would still be on once every four to six weeks. She hasnt had a storyline in many years.
- Interesting that Jess Walton was dropped to recurring a few years ago, yet Kate Linder still remains on-contract
- Jess Walton was dropped to recurring?
I thought she was still a regular.
- Nope Jess Walton is recurring.
JFP has no intention of putting Jess back on contract because she needs that money for Steve Burton.
- What's so important about Steve Burton? He's just a brainless hunk that is losing his looks.
- I don't like how Steve shouts his lines when he has to take the performance up a pitch. It's like he panics and thinks shouting equates to power, you know? Heather Tom needs to give him some lessons IMO.
- Steve Burton can't act he's god awful. At least the character of Jason was supposed to be a robot.
- Damn, Doug Davidson is HOT in that clip at R362!
- [quote]So Nikki gave birth to Dylan around the same time she was associated with Rose DeVille and her prostitution racket, yes? Does the mean Rose sold Dylan?
Dylan was conceived when Nikki was in a cult.
- I'd forgotten about Rose and Nikki. She was also involved with Jill in 73, right?
- Wasn't Steve Burton involved with some weird fundie religious stuff for a while? Kind of like Austin Peck?
- I believe Burton still is, r376, as well as that pyramid scheme juice he still shills to his fans. Many fans complained about it at ABC fan events.
- With Jeanne passing on, Doug Davidson has ascending to top billing as the one now with the most seniority.
Young & Restless
- Except that Eric Braeden, who joined not long after Doug, is far more important to the show than Doug will ever be.
- Considering how horrendous the writing has been the past fiveyears or so, I thought the tribute was pretty good.
- R379 Eric Braden is THIRD in seniority.
Right behind Doug and Melody Thomas Scott
- R379, you're right, if by "important," you mean "gets more people to stop watching the show than any other actor."
- All the tribute stuff was pretty terrific; a breath of air in the suffocating world of Dylan-mania.
BTW, I know they're trying to sell Dylan as this blue collar guy who works with his hands. But that crib he made for the baby? Dear God, would any of you put your child in that thing? I fear for that child's safety every time they lay him in that junior high shop class project.
- What a bore Eric Braeden is. EB always seems emotionless. I'm surprised that he has lasted this long on that show. He's a better actor than Drake Hogestyn or Ron Moss but that's like saying that cocaine is better for you than crack is!
MTS? She was helped when her husband was in charge of the show wasn't she? That's why she's lasted this long.She's no great actress either.
Say what you want about Jeanne Cooper she brought something to the table. When she faced off against Ms Brenda Dickson(who was absolutely campy and drag queeny as Jill) she gave those scenes a certain gravitas. Many soap actresses play their roles in an unintentionally campy way JC didn't to her credit.
- Eric Braeden is one of the most famous and recognizable characters to have ever been on Y&R. Everyone who watches the show knows of the all-powerful Victor Newman. He built that show in the 1980's & 90's.
- R385 You got that?
- R385 Ron Moss built Bold and Beautiful from scratch and Drake Hogestyn built up Days as well. That fact doesn't make them good actors.That being said Sony has tried to nickel and dime,EB, trying to pay him like a mid level star.This was before JFP came on board. Evidently Sony doesn't see him as the asset that some do. Or they don't feel like paying someone for sleepwalking through their scenes anymore!
- What is Sharon Case's story? I've heard and seen her in interviews and she seems very fan friendly and nice. Is she really a diva behind the scenes and is she a cunt in real life?
- I certainly don't think Eric Braeden is at his peak anymore. In fact, I think his character, as well as the entire show itself, is looking somewhat tired these days. It was at its best in the 1980's and 90's in the days of the Victor vs. Jack rivalries and the Katherine vs. Jill stories.
The corporate rivalries involving Brad Carlton and other characters like Ashley and the other Abbott members like John and Traci were also successful. Mari Jo Mason, who ended up shooting Victor in 1996 was also a good character. Nick and Sharon used to be a hot couple at one point back in the 90's, but now they are boring. Joshua Morrow just isn't the hunk he was.
I could go on and on. But my point was simply that Braeden is one of the Y&R characters big enough to be nominated and win an Emmy award as well as becoming known to the general public who only tune in occasionally. Victor Newman became one of the most famous characters in daytime.
- Sharon Case is supposedly a Scientologist and apparently doesn't get along as well with Joshua Morrow anymore as she did in their early days, but I've heard she is basically nice to ordinary people off the show, yes.
- R389 With regards to the soap in general, it is quite disappointing compared to the 80s and 90s. Terry Lester and ED were really great during that time.Bergman did a nice job replacing TL. Since the 90s, the style of the soap its has become languid. The acting is very distant as well.In the recent past, Days and GH have gone back to characters that worked in the past and brought them back. Young seems to shifting into a FOJ show.
That being said they are a lot of icons on daytime that were thrown aside for younger performers. EB might have been iconic at one time but his stay is becoming more and more labored especially under JFP.
Sharon Case isn't to vocal about Scientology. She's very low key.Especially when compared to Michelle Stafford. MS supposedly left the show because Michael Fairman had been excommunicated from Scientology and she supposedly didn't want to work with him anymore. I've only heard one horror story about Sharon.she does a good job of keeping touch with the fans by sending them letters and on Twitter.
- What was the horror story about sharon case R391?
- Jess Walton isn't a regular because she doesn't WANT to be a regular.
She built a new home in Oregon and is happy spending time there with her husband, kids, and grandkids. I'd love nothing more than more Jill, but I respect JW's decision to have a life.
- But I don't think the show was giving Jess Walton as much to do as in the old days, anyway. So I don't think it was entirely up to Jess.
- R392 Supposedly Sharon did an upfront at CBS and was very standoffish and mean.Maybe it was that time of the month. It seems to be an anomaly to be honest. She has a great reputation with the her fans so she doesn't seem to be putting on an act.
R393 Let's not spin things, Jill was not the cornerstone character she was years ago. Sony doesn't need someone on contract who will not be on everyday.Same thing goes for ED. When Sony fired her from Young and she went to Days, she became the frontburner star of Days. At Young, she was hardly appearing. She didn't need to be on contract when she was a bit player on that show. Even now Eileen is returning for 3 days whereas on Days she could tell Sony that she'll play Kristen,Susan and the other multiple characters she has played on Days for ever long she wants.
- Exactly R395
Don't think for one minute Jess wouldn't go back on contract.
Once she was dropped to non-contract, she made the decision to move to Oregon.
- I want to see Sharon and Faith killed in a grease fire.
- Can Jess afford to basically go into semi-retirement? It's not as if she's that wealthy.
- What thefuck do you know about the woman's finances you moron at r398? You're not her financial planner. Just watch the damn show.
As far as Dylan turning out to be Nikki's son, I think they missed a huge opportunity in not making him Paul's son as well.
- Take your meds, R399. I was just saying that Jess Walton is not a movie star that earns millions a year, and a while back she apparently walked off the set when she was told she was being dropped to recurring.
- Jess Walton muct be fine. It's cheaper to live in the Pacific Northwest than Southern California.
- [quote] she apparently walked off the set when she was told she was being dropped to recurring.
Jill is a character that is the only link left to the original Brooks/Foster clans.
- Dylan thinking he was in Afghanistan this past week? Seinfeld at its peak was never so sidesplittingly funny.
- I find Dylan annoying. He looks like a friend's boyfriend who is a right wing fascist.I couldn't stand him on GH and I can't stand him on this show.
Francis Ford Coppola actually visited the soap's set. He claimed it was to see the multi-angle camera work. I bet he wanted to meet Sharon Case or one of the hussies that work on the show. Perhaps offer them a role in an upcoming movie in exchange for some sort of sordid sexual favor....
- Greg Foster should turn out to be the father of Nikki's baby. A perfect way to bring back the past.
- Spoiler alert: Stephanie Forrester is the father of Nikki's long-lost son.
- Did Duchess die again, too? She and Donna S. must be whooping it up in heaven.
- I knew that Stephanie had a cock down there! She was a he all this time? She really looked like a dude when she left Bold so I'm not shocked that she had a cock.
- R403 R404, oh I know Steve burton is single handedly ruining the show. That awful "you killed Romeo" song played during the montage the other day was written by him and sung by Jonathan Jackson (Lucky GH).
He is the worst thing that has ever happened to Y&R in the history if the show. The worst soap actor on the planet.
- [quote] He is the worst thing that has ever happened to Y&R in the history if the show. The worst soap actor on the planet.
I completely agree.
- [quote]The worst soap actor on the planet.
That's a fact.
- I'm still hoping Kevin and Alex will hook up.
- [quote] Greg Foster should turn out to be the father of Nikki's baby. A perfect way to bring back the past.
Bring Greg Foster back to hook-up with Victoria, to Nikki's displeasure.
- Man, every time I come to DL I see that poor woman has died again!
- Was she shown on the In Memorial segment on the Emmy awards last week?
After all she is a TWO-time Prime Time Emmy Nominee
- NO, r415.
- WOW R416
What a slap to someone who worked in the golden age of TV.
- Apparently Frances Ford Coppola was watching Y&R taping at the studio this week - WTF?!
- Is Watros really gonna be Phyllis
- They she going to play "Kelly" and have a storyline connected to Billy and Victoria.
Just get the actress who played Sydney on Melrose Place to play Phyllis, she's not doing anything .
- Laura Leighton is not right for Phyllis. Marcia Cross on the other hand would be perfect. Like hell that's going to happen. Cynthia Watros would be very interesting. I noticed in the scenes when Avery visited comatose Phyllis that Phyllis' hair is red again? Here's Watros with reddish hair on Lost:
- Rumor has it Cynthia will be playing a teacher named Kelly who accidentally kills Delia in a car accident. Delia chases her dog into the road when she is struck down - the dog that Billy bought her. Victor will probably taunt him about that.
- The rumor is that Delia's corneas will go to Connor.
- Since Y&R totally screwed up legacy character Sheila Carter, it would have been perfect if Annie Dutton had resurfaced in GC as a fugitive. Unfortunately that won't happen for two reasons - A) P&G for some inane reason has not thought to let its characters live on through the Bell soaps and B)GL went the dumbass plastic surgery route with Annie way before Y&R did it with Sheila - by giving La Dutton the face of Hope from Y&R! That notion sank faster than the Titanic.
Watros is a truly great actress but I'd be kidding myself if I expected the second coming of Annie Dutton. That kind of character comes along once in a lifetime and Cynthia played the hell out of it.
- Delia's going to die? Damn, if they're going to kill one of the kids, please let it be Faith.
- Amen. Faith is SO annoying.
- First of all, Jeanne was included in the Emmys Memorium.
Second, if they kill Delia then I am done with this show. She's legacy character and a cute little kid who has already survived leukemia. They killed Cassie and Colleen already. How many young girls need to die on this show?
- Delia is the cutest. JFP is horrible . They should kill off Neil's kid Moses since he's been MIA forever now.
- They can't kill Faith because Sharon already lost one daughter. The one could thing about Celia's death is that it could make pointless Chloe an interesting character for once.
- Reva Shayne's clone was a fan of Y&R and wanted to visit Genoa City:
- [quote] Just get the actress who played Sydney on Melrose Place to play Phyllis, she's not doing anything
Laura Leighton plays one of the moms on Pretty Little Liars.
- I told you bitches MONTHS ago that Cynthia was the number one recast choice for Phyllis
But did you guys believe me?
- Has Peter Bergman had work done? Maybe had his eyes done?
He looks slightly different in the face, especially around his eyes and forehead. In the past few episodes, he looks a little younger.
- So is Dylan Nikki's son or is it (dun-dun-duh) Stitch? And damn, is Stitch uberhot or what?
- Stitch is so much more charismatic than Dylan. I hope he stays and Dylan goes.
- R424 No offense meant but is Sheila really a legacy character?! She went between the two Bell soaps and doesn't have the history of a Foster or even an Abbot on the show.
Sony puts Watros on Young and not Days?! Totally bizarre as Days needs someone like Watros now that Eileen Davidson has left as Queen Of All Cunts, Kristen.
Bergman looks good for his age. He looks more like Cliff from All My Children than Jack from Young!
- Y&R needs to bring back Cricket and have her reunite with Victor. They could be the stable couple the show needs.
Or Dr. Marnie Kowalski, played by the super adorable Olympic gold medal winner Tara Lipinski. She really put the LIP in Lipinski.
- Watros would have been a great Cricket recast. A Cricket with a spine. It boggles my mind that they recast Diane so many times and yet Cricket is begging for a more dynamic actress to play her.
- There is only ONE Christine Cricket Williams and that's Miss Lauralee Bell. No other actress should even be considered. Talk about a sacrilege to Bill Bell's memory.
- [quote]Stitch is so much more charismatic than Dylan. I hope he stays and Dylan goes.
Exactly what I was thinking yesterday. That actor is SOOOOO much more interesting than whatshisname who plays Dylan. And he probably only gets paid one twentieth of the salary.
- Thank you r436. Soap fans piss me off with this legacy character bullshit. A legacy character is one with ties to show's original founding families or characters who appeared in the first year of story. The only legacy characters left on YR are Jill and Billy.
As weird as this may seem, Days and BB are the only two soaps with a significant number of legacy characters.
- R441, that would make Delia (and Johnny) a legacy character as well.
They should recast Chance.
- I thought a legacy character was one who made an indelible impact on the canvas? Sheila definitely did.
- Steve Burton is one of the highest paid actors at Y&R and only works 10 days per month. Amazing.
- Dylan and Chelsea are just two of our legacy characters.
- They should demand Billy Miller do at least three shirtless scenes per week. I could live on his luscious teats.
- Sony is still keeping JFP on? It's unbelievable. She must make Frank Valentini and Ken Corday look rather extravagant in terms of their budget!Sony must be happy with her "budget cutting."
R441 I just call it like I see it. I have no ill will towards Sheila but she is no legacy character. Especially when she jumped from soap to soap.Seeing Doug Davidson and MTS together was rather Days-like wasn't it? DOOL has a lot more of the old codgers interact on the show. I wouldn't mind if Young did the same.
- Did she die AGAIN?
Our top story tonight, Jeanne Cooper is still dead.
Once again, our top story tonight, Jeanne Cooper is still dead.
- I hope another soap picks up that hot piece of ass Marco Dapper.
- Who is Billy Miller's bf these days?
- Blake Hood (ex-Kyle) was guest starring on Revolution recently. He was scruffy, shirtless and charming. They really dropped the ball letting him go and turning Kyle into this boring, sexless himbo.
- Blake Hood cost too much money. He was a drain on the budget.
- [quote]Who is Billy Miller's bf these days?
Boyfriend? Do you know something that we don't?
- Any love for Robert Adamson (Noah)? I think he's totally wrong for Noah, but I don't mind seeing him. He's fuckin' adorable.
- r454, there were rumors back to his AMC days.
- Didn't Stafford have a hand in Blake's firing?
- [quote]Didn't Stafford have a hand in Blake's firing?
My understanding, such as it is, is that Blake Hood and a few other semi-established actors (like the girl who was playing Abby) got the axe because of their salaries. Rather than pay a bunch of middle-range salaries, management opted for no-name newbies they could pay scale (like the new Kyle and the new Abby) mixed in with well-paid "big" names like the comatose Steven Burton.
It's working out well, don't you think?
- r458, that's at least partly not true because Marcy Rylan wasn't even on contract as Abby before the recast.
Why would Blake Hood have been paid anything special? He was a newbie himself.
- Does Billy Miller have bitch tits? Moobs? How would you label those babies?
- I would label them delicious.
- His teats look very succulent and suckable. I hope he's gay. Women don't appreciate a big set of tits on a gay, and it would be a shame if those went unsuckled. What a waste that would be.
- Rumor has it that golden boy Steve Burton is jealous of Billy's supple tits so he has asked his pimp Jilly Phelps to keep them covered up.
- His tits were more prominent on AMC. Someone at Y&R probably told him to get to a gym. The tits look firmer now.
- Billy's got to be at least a high b-cup. Those things are magnificent! I almost think he must be able to lactate.
[quote]Does Billy Miller have bitch tits? Moobs? How would you label those babies?
I'd describe them as two perfectly champagne-glass-sized orbs of dancing loveliness.
- Coming attractions have Delia running into the street. They had better not kill that little girl.
- Is that bitch still dead or what???
- I love how a thread about the death of an iconic actress like Jeanne degenerated into discussion about Billy Miller's tits. Only on datalounge!
- But it's "BREAKING," R468.
- Does Billy Miller have nicer tits than Joshua Morrow?
- Someone needs to put Billy Miller on a diet. Way too fat for daytime.
- Billy has meat to hold on to when he tops you. Can you imagine the ecstasy of all that fit-fattage bearing down on you as he forces his way deep into you?
- Yes I can, r472
Unblemished thespian, Michael Muhney
- Whatever happened to that hot hot hot country boy who originally played Adam? I think he quit when his character had to sleep with Rafe, The Gay Guy.
- [quote]Someone needs to put Billy Miller on a diet. Way too fat for daytime.
You must like manorexics. If that's the case, then you can have them.
[quote]Billy has meat to hold on to when he tops you. Can you imagine the ecstasy of all that fit-fattage bearing down on you as he forces his way deep into you?
I'd give anything to be able to witness that ecstasy first hand.
[quote]Does Billy Miller have nicer tits than Joshua Morrow?
Do the words FUCK YES mean anything to you?
- Now that the old gal is gone, is Kate Linder top billed?
THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS
Billy Miller's perky titties
- Billy was excellent in today's episode where Cordelia dies. He's also beefier and hotter than ever, and looks hot with his new haircut.
- I didn't see it. Was he shirtless during the death scene. Did his perkies jiggle up and down and sideways as he ran to her side?
William Gay Bell
- Have air dates for Justin Deas, Timothy Gibbs, and Kevin McClatchey been released yet?
- Why did they turn Carmine into a creepy stalker rapist? It's just one of 3,000 things JFP/Josh Griffith have did wrong the past year.
- I'm still dead bitches!
- R474 Not much.
When he left, I pretty much said bye-bye to Y&R.
- Here's the link, R474:
- Wow, he went on to quite the career, didn't he?
- r480, Steve Burton was jealous of him so JFP fired his ass.
- Carmine should have gone gay and romanced Fen.
- No r486, the better story would have been Carmine fucking Michael.
- R487 = Christian LeBlanc
- I don't know if Christan LeBlanc is gay IRL, but he's pretty butch, so Michael probably wouldn't be Carmine's type. I can see Carmine going after a more femme type guy, like JY's Rick Forrester on B&B.
- [quote] I don't know if Christan LeBlanc is gay IRL
They can see that from space, Rose.
He's Gaye Gayerson. He's the gayest gay that ever gay'd. He's so gay he shits glitterballs.
How do you not know this?
- LOL. Seriously I don't really see it. Now Jacob Young, yes, but Christian doesn't "ping" for me, and you might say.
- Does Carmine go full frontal in GC? (I haven't watched it so long, I didn't even know Marco Dapper was on the show.)
- [quote]Does Carmine go full frontal in GC?
Only twice that I know of. Say what you will about JFP, but there's been a lot more full frontal nudity since she took over.
- I loved it when Jill had John Hudson walking around with his pants off, R493.
- [quote]LOL. Seriously I don't really see it. Now Jacob Young, yes, but Christian doesn't "ping" for me, and you might say.
Your gaydar is seriously damaged.
[quote]I didn't see it. Was he shirtless during the death scene. Did his perkies jiggle up and down and sideways as he ran to her side?
He was fully clothed in all the scenes, but you could tell that thick, fit-fat physique was still intact beneath his clothes.
- How long until Cynthia Watros arrives on Y&R? That's when I'm going to tune in.
- Dear BREAKING: Is she still dead, or did she die again?
- She's gonna have to make a little room up in heaven for Esther's granddaughter.
- Kate Linder is top-billed at Y&R. Those of you bitches who predicted that she'd be dropped to recurring after the old lush's funeral have egg on your face.
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
suck on that Doug D.
- I caught the old bag on a Perry Mason the other night. Looked alive to me.
- Now that they killed Delia I bet Esther, Chloe and possibly Kevin will be out soon.
- That bitch Esther should be written off.
- They killed off another legacy character - Jill's granddaughter? And to prop up another Newman offspring. Wow, that's sick. And while we're at it, why couldn't the old coot Victor have driven the car that plowed down Delia. This storyline is sick, sick.
- The actors are really knocking it out of the park. I see another Emmy in Billy Miller's future. This storyline just should not have happened though. Jill and Esther sharing a granddaughter: Priceless!
- I hope Billy wins the emmy, just to see his titties jiggle as he runs up to the stage.
- I agree that it's pretty jaw-dropping. I was totally against it when I first heard about it. But this storyline is the most compelling, watchable thing they've done in years. The scenes in the hospital between Billy, Victoria, Chloe and Kevin were shockingly good. Like something out of a real TV show for a change. Even the writing for those scenes was good.
All that said, I'm DREADING the scene where Esther collapses in tears. Please, please, please let it happen offscreen.
- "The scenes in the hospital between Billy, Victoria, Chloe and Kevin were shockingly good."
I agree. I'd given up on this show, but now I'll be watching again, at least for a few weeks. But is it true that Billy Miller is leaving? The fall-out isn't going to be that great without him there.
- Bumping for Y&R watchers.
- Billy Miller was a fool for not leaving Y&R 3 or so years ago.
- I still can't believe they did this. This show has turned into something very weird this last year.
- They could have killed Johnny with a much better result. His corneas could have fine to his half brother, Connor. And Victoria would have more reason to hate her half brother Adam.
- Who is "Johnny"?
- Johnny is the biological child of Chelsea and Billy that Victoria adopted.
- Who's Chelsea?
- Did anyone else want Alex to grab Kevin by the neck and lay one deep long tongue-wriggling kiss on him? Man, the sexual heat between was visible.
- Did Adam kill Delia?
And how long has he been able to see?
- [quote]I still can't believe they did this. This show has turned into something very weird this last year.
That's Jill Farren Phelps for you. She runs a dark, dreary show.
- If you're going to kill a child, you have to have some light and fun and romantic stories to balance it. But Y&R only has Carmine's murder, Dylan, and Rose.
- So bitch drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney and lived 84 years?
Brock, gimme a smoke with my 'tini.
- Gather around the bar and join me in singing "Danny Boy" one more time in Delia's memory.
- Not surprised they are getting new writers for this show. How many more deaths and comas can this show handle? Katherine, carmine, phyllis and now delia. Plus doing two whodunits at one time is a mistake. Theres just no fun and outrageousness to this show anymore.
- The only humorous thing Y&R had going was Alex and Kevin's bromance, but that's gone serious as Kevin starts to mourn Delia. Sharon's descent into bipolar madness is funny but only as camp.
- Sharon's descent into madness could be called camp but with this show taking an even darker turn its laugh value will increase demonstrably.
I really think this show failed to capitalize on its anniversary unlike GH has. While GH has brought back old , Young(with JFP at the helm) is deconstructing the show in a rather dubious matter.
- I meant: GH has brought back old fan favorites,Young(with JFP at the helm) is deconstructing the show in a rather dubious manner.
- I just turned into this show the other day for the first time since college. Jason Quartermaine is on it and he has turned into a hot, hot, hot daddy. I'd let him sex me up.
- Every move JFP makes is based on focus group research. She was schooled on that approach to storytelling at ABC.
- If they'd bring back LML, I'd watch again. I liked Jewish Brad and the "art" story. And the script writing day to day was so much better than Bill Bell and Kay Alden's word drizzle, it was like watching a different, and better show.
Y&R has only gotten worse since they fired Lynn Marie Latham.
- I agree, r527, but I think we're in the minority. I was glued to LML's Y&R. The pacing was great and dialogue vastly improved over Alden & Bell. Had a very prime time feel. I know that Y&R purists hated it because she did away with all of the hoary soap cliches, like extreme close-ups, scene intros focusing on a vase of flowers or something, and foremost, that ridiculous dialogue. It all fell apart when MAB took over.
- I agree about LMLs tenure on the show.
Great story lines.
I remember Nick giving Phyliss a fugly ruby engagement ring though because LML didn't agree with the diamond trade , Esther was not allowed to wear her uniform and they could not show Wood burning fires because of the environment.
I loved when Dru cut up all Carmen Mesta's clothes because she was after Neil. The who killed Carmenstory was pretty good too.
- Is there a new GH thread?
- Was it LML who brought us Gloria? I loved Gloria for the first couple of years.
- The show is an absolute mess.
- Which day was the Alex/Kevin "sexual heat" on? I watched half of the 10/16 episode. No Alex. Kevin always brings sexual heat, of course.
- What is up with Amelia Heinle? I admit she is hot looking BUT she sure ain't no Heather Thom. Is she a cunt? She always looks like she's one step from chewing out the crew!
- new GH thread
- Amelia Heinle was another LML improvement. Heather Tom has one facial expression, permasqueezed sphincter.
- [quote] Amelia Heinle was another LML improvement. Heather Tom has one facial expression, permasqueezed sphincter.
Oooh thank you R536. I think she's horribly overrated and, like Alison Sweeney, I can't understand how such a pigfaced frau got cast in a front burner role.
- Could never stand Heather Tom. I only wrote her off as perpetually sour, though.
- [quote]Could never stand Heather Tom.
Me, neither. One of the great joys in my life was seeing the flop play PRYMATE on Broadway. There was a scene where Heather Tom (playing an assistant zoologist or something) was attacked by a gorilla. In order to escape, she had to masturbate the ape to orgasm. The scene would be jaw-dropping, no matter who was playing the role. But watching Victor Newman's daughter suffer this indignity made it extra special.
- One of my favorite storylines under LML was Phyllis and Sharon owning restless style together with their respective souses Nick and Jack. They were doing a photo shoot with sharon as the model and Phyllis was goading Sharin to be rally vampy and slutty and sharon was getting so exasperated.
- LML activated the Nick/Phyllis/Jack/Sharon quadrangle.
- The LML praise doesn't cut it. Let's not forget she completely destroyed Bill Bell and Kimberlin Brown's genius creation Sheila by having Michelle Stafford play her after plastic surgery. Somebody forgot to tell Stafford she was supposed to be playing Sheila, not Janet Green from AMC. Playing it as camp totally stunk.
- Why did they get rid of LML? The show had never been better.
- Amelia Heinle over Heather Tom? You queens have absolutely no taste.
- Sheila deserves to be destroyed. I hope she is never seen again. Worst. Character. Ever.
"Genius," my ass.
- R544 is sour because he lost his job sitting under Heather Tom pulling her pubic hair to produce her patented sourpuss look.
- Sheila is one of the top ten soap characters of all time.
- The person trashing Heather Tom and Kimberlin Brown is a fan of Amelia Heinle and LML. Mediocrity much? Pathetic!
- Of course I'm trashing them, R548. Between them and the turgid dialogue -- I'll bet you really loved Bill & Kay's dialogue, too -- Y&R was all but unwatchable for decades. I tried to like it. It was number one. But it was the single most boring tv-watching experience I knew of.
It was why soap haters hated soaps. I would have been embarrassed to let anyone know I watched it. So I stopped. And every now and then, I'd let myself get sucked in. And it just kept being stupider and stupider. Until LML came to GC.
- r549, you don't seem to understand that the essence of soap opera is a theatrically heightened psychological rumination not a naturalistic exploration of the mundane. Don't go trashing the true performers of my Sheila Carter and my Victoria Newman. They are sacrosanct to this longtime Y&R viewers because they come from a long line of warrior women in literature and folklore.
- Bill Bell knew how to write for his actresses. Kimberlin, Heather and Tonya Lee Williams. The show has never been this good, this searing, this passionate and this volatile. Never again. These are the women, the passionate and beautiful and fearless mavericks who made the show a phenomenon of soap opera in America's cultural landscape. Y&R's anemic actresses of he 21st century, the Heinles and the Hendricksons truly pale in comparison:
- This comment appeared on the CBS website yesterday. What do you think? I would normally dismiss this but the inexplicable decision to kill off Delia makes me think reconsider.
"Y&R FANS NEED TO READ THIS! I have been doing my homework on Jill Farren Phelps. I found out she is called the killer of soaps. She has 100% failure rate when it comes to soaps. I couldn't figure out why CBS would hire her. Tonight I read a article on(the Crimson Corner-YR / Soaptown USA) The girl who wrote the article pretty much said that CBS hired her to get the ratings to fall so they can replace The Young and the Restless with something cheaper in its time slot. I hope this is not true, but it is the only thing that makes sense to me."
- I think that's ridiculous. If the network wants to cancel it, they cancel it. It isn't difficult (though I believe there's an agreement with Sony through 2014.) Once that contract expires if CBS wants to pull the plug - or Sony wants to stop producing it - voila... you stop.
I agree Jill Farren Phelps is a show killer and possibly the worst show runner in television with her love of mafia storylines and bad actors. But there isn't a great conspiracy to kill the show, just the usual untalented suspects while the beancounters decide if it makes enough money to exist.
- It's all a question of preference. I hated the LML years - quit watching I got so sick of Gloria. Plus LML killed John Abbott, who was an important character for his basic decency.
I preferred the stuff before it... around the first marriage of John and Jill.
I did love the Marge storyline. It was ridiculous but fabulous ridiculous.
- Not understanding all the LML love. The show was vastly improved in its first year under LML. Then it it fell into mediocrity and stupidity like killing off John Abbott and having Shelia get plastic surgery to look like Phyllis.
In fairness, the first year of Maria Bell was also quite good. But then, the show fell apart.
In both cases, before they started, they could easily see what needed fixing. But once they were involved with the day to day operations of the show, they didn't have the perspective be be able to see what wasn't working -- couldn't see the forest for the trees.
- My theory on MAB is she was under relentless pressure to drive the ratings up and she was so undone under the pressure that she just started flinging shit at the scripts to see if anything stuck. 'Cause that last year of her's nutz in a bad way.
It's the curse of having the show taken over by a new creative team. They can't deliver the strengths of the original vision and their ego prevents them from trying if they could. So everybody comes in to show them how it's done, winds up getting fired, and the viewers suffer through the mess til there's not show left for anybody.
- Linda Dano was spotted at the Y&R studio last week. Is she up for a role, or just visiting her good pals JFP and Peter Bergman?
- There was an interview the other day with one of the new co head writers. She was asked if Jess Walton would have a bigger role. In her reply, she only spoke about the character. Usually you get 'Oh, we love (actor's name) and we'e got big things planned.' She did say they had big things planned for the character.
I bet sometime not so long from now 'the part of Jill Foster Abbott is now being played by...'
Cause that's just how Jill Farren Phelps rolls...
- So is Linda Dano the new Jill? I don't see her having chemistry with anyone on the show.
- Just speculation about Dano. But Farren Phelps never leaves well enough alone, that's for sure and there's the legend of the FOJ...
- She probably thinks a veteran like Dano is good for publicity and can goose her ratings.
- Has she hired any FOJs besides the blondie from GH?
- Depends on your definition of FOJ, but I gather she's got ties to the cop, Chavez, and to the new Summer and the new Noah. Robin Christopher is consistently rumoured as the new Phyllis. Not sure if new Abby is an FOJ.
- It may be time for some new families in genoa city and to phase out the old characters one by one. The show anymore has become tired and anything involving the newmans and abbotts has been done a million times over. I probably have the minority opinion on this but it something that should be considered. Of course the fans just love victor and nikki getting married 346 times, etc.
- Use "lately" or "now" - not "anymore" R564.
- I could deal without the Newmans. Keep Nikki and Victoria, who's married. But I'd happily see the end of Victor and Nick.
I agree, the show's been in a rut for a long time, more often than not. There's good characters to work with even without change (except for every tiresome member of the Winters clan) but the writers suck.
- Bill Bell trained under the mother of the genre. He learned everything he knew from her. Bill Bell wrote soap opera. He wasn't ashamed that he wrote soap opera. He loved his work. It didn't embarrass him. His dialogue was soap opera dialogue. The beginning scenes on a vase of flowers was soap opera. What has hurt this genre more than anything else, is a bunch of assholes coming in, who were embarrassed that they worked on a soap, so they tried to change it. And that goes for a bunch of asshole fans who don't understand why good soap opera is. Bill Bell wrote good soap opera. He made mistakes and wasn't always perfect, but he loved his work and did it until he couldn't do it anymore. He didn't write features. He didn't write primetime. He wrote soap opera. If that is a problem for some of you, then you don't know soap opera.
- R565 Ok ms. semantics its been a long day. Sure your english is without fail all the time.
- And he loved his daughter. So much he gave her her own show. Unfortunately, it was somebody else's show first.
- It was his show to give Terry.
- I love Robin Christopher. I'd rather see her on GH. JFP actually fired her on G H.
- Maybe the Cricket obsession was the start of the dementia.
- What ever happened to that bitch who limped?
- I would be terribly shocked if Linda Dano took a Y&R role. I worship the woman and would love to see her for a storyline arc.
However, Linda has stated she's retired from acting. She has a very successful home furnishings line that takes most of her time.
If she was at Y&R last week I feel sure she was just visiting friends and colleagues.
- Dano is going to play long thought dead Jennifer Brooks. Jen died in 1977 and returns to Genoa City after a wiccan ritual brings her forth from the earth. She roams around Genoa City, looking for Stu, Les, Lorie, Peg...
- Maria Belll was lost from the get-go.
Her plan was to bring in Jim Reilly to co-write it with her. Jim, however, was still under contract with Days, which had fired him more than two years prior. He has an iron-clad contract so was still getting paid an outrageous amount. In order to be released from his final months he would have walked away from millions. So the plan was to wait for it to end.
In the interim, he died.
I know his stuff had become quite outlandish by that point but I think she was relying on his creativity, which she could tone down and harness..
- R544 You got that right! Amelia is nice to look at but HT is a much better actress.
R545 The beginning of the end for the show is when Kim came on. The show had a sort of camp before with Jill but Sheila was too much.KIm Brown always seemed like she was playing it for camp as well.
R576 Really? MAB couldn't tame Jim Reilly at all. Days has a pedigree of possessions,Bond like spies,comedy and other general weirdness just like GH does. Y & R as campy as can sometimes get is nowhere near as bizarre as a Reilly soap. There would have been a coven of witches from outer space landing in Genoa City ending up possessing Sharon and making her a zombie!
JFP and CBS?! First of all JFP was brought on the show to pull a "Days Of Lives " and cut costs dramatically. Another thing,Les Moonves has said very recently that that Young will be on for a long time to come. In addition, he noted the cost cutting measures Sony has made to keep the show on.
Cricket,Terry Lester and Papa Bell. Love or hate Terry he was a breakout star on that show and its ratings went up because of people like him and Ms Brenda Dickson. built that show up in the 80s.The casting along with Bell's work really Cricket was such a flagrant example of nepotism. Lester had a point in criticizing Bell and Co for her gaining so much attention on the show. I don't think Bill Bell had dementia problems in the 80s(when Cricket first came on board) at all. His Alzheimer problems started much later on.
- Is Hoagie Sheffer still with the show?
- If CBS was smart they would lure Sally Sussman Morina out of retirement and get her to write the show.
She trained under Bell and is damn good.
- No thanks, r579. Watch an episode of that putrid "Generations," and you'll see just how "damn good" she is. She is an adequate scriptwriter, but her storytelling skills are godawful.
- R580 when Jorn Winther came on as EP the show got a lot better, and the plots moved much faster.
[quote] her storytelling skills are godawful.
Both Eileen Davidson and Terry Lester said Sally was responsible for some of their best storylines on Y&R
One of the reasons (not THE reason) Terry left Y&R is because Sally left to do Generations.
- Lester said that he liked Sally because she loved writing for the Abbotts. She wrote a lot of those breakfast table scenes. I think she's good at those types of things, but totally lacking in storytelling skills. She never wrote actual storylines on Y&R. That was all papa bell.
- Good morning. We are feeling very perky today!
Billy Miller's tits
- Billy dont leave ur dressing room. Stay put...will b there in 5.
- R579 Sony and CBS could bring in Doug Marland and/or Pat Falken Smith in their heyday(they are both dead) and they couldn't save this show. When Les Moonves mentioned that Sony had cut the budget on Young (just like they did to the other soap they own,Days of Our Lives) I can see things getting worse before they get better.Then again Days got better by having Eileen Davidson come back as Kristen,concentrating on the gay love storyline between Will and Sonny and keeping their legacy/longtime characters around.On Young it would be tantamount to bringing back Sheila,a gazilion characters from the past on a regular basis and having their own gay storyline. I don't see JFP doing most of that. She's even using ED very sparingly as Ashley. Why sign her to a contract when her current purpose(an appearance here and a appearance there), fits the show quite fine.
- Heather Tom is the one and the only Victoria Newman.
- I'm STILL dead bitches!
- Why all the Cricket hate?
AH is a joke as Victoria.HT is the one and only Victoria.
I have to compartmentalize the roles. The real Victoria is gone and a new character showed up one day as an artist in Europe. She just happens to be also called Victoria.
The strong, brillant, and vibrant Victoria is gone and replaced by a weak, blithering dust rag.
- Cricket displaced Jill,Jack Ashley and a lot of other characters with her exploits. Add to the fact that she couldn't act. And you must know that she got the job because her dad Bill Bell created and ran the show. I thought she was cute at first but her non acting abilities annoyed me to no end.
I love all the HT love. Has Amelia been on a diet recently,she looks rail thin. she needs to gain 10 pounds.
- Bump, to hurry the demise of this "Breaking" thread.
- Yeah I get it about Cricket. I felt she sucked doing normal day to day scenes but I thought she really had a knack for doing any kind of scene that involved her crying. A sad scene she could really, really pull off.
I only watched Y&R for two years. It was right when Phillip, Nina, and Cricket were pushed to the forefront and I thought it was really good. They made a big mistake in getting rid of Phillip. He was some of my first jackoff material. He was really good at playing a wounded, hot, mess. The storyline that brought him back was really a joke.
Plus at that time Nina playing a fat, little tart was just the best. Her scenes with Jill and Katherine were really some funny shit. I also loved the character of Ashley at that time and Brad was at his hottest. We also like to make fun of the fat Abbott girl.
- Oh yeah. Forgot. Probably the biggest reason I could like Cricket was my age at the time I was watching it. Had I been a fully cooked adult I probably would have hated her.
But they should have never gotten rid of Phillip as the hot sexy mess.
- [quote] They made a big mistake in getting rid of Phillip.
He actually quit the show because he thought he was going to be the next Tom Cruise. He himself said that at the time.
- R584 = fake. The real Christian would have texted [italic]en fran¸ais.[/italic]
- OH, I didn't know that. I thought they gave him the axe.
- Peter Porte made both Christian an Greg weak in the knees. I wonder if they hooked up?
- R589 You only have to travel to 0:07 in R586 to see that Heather Tom's only appeal lay in her ability to convince an audience that she was dying of Pinched Sphincter. Or else she smeared Roquefort on her upper lip at the beginning of each take to assure she looked equally disgusted in every scene in every episode.
It's a shame you can't see how much better, how much prettier, and how much more alive Amelia Henle is, but [italic]chacun[/italic], baby, [italic]chacun[/italic].
- [quote]He actually quit the show because he thought he was going to be the next Tom Cruise. He himself said that at the time.
Selling your underwear online counts as making it big in Hollywood, right?
- Peter Porte would have made me weak in the knees, but not as weak as Greg would make me.
- Heather Tom?! That joyless bitch? She ruined all of her scenes with that hot piece of ass, Ryan - wait, with every single piece of ass she was pared with! I am so glad she's gone - not that the bag of bones they replaced her with is better, but at least she's can act.
Billy, you so hot with short hair.
- Heather Tom had a very high guarantee when she was on Y&R, 3 episodes a week.
They wanted to reduce that to two, she balked saying it would put her on the back-burner being on-screen 2 days a week, instead of three.
That is why she left.