- Love this game.
I've just been dumping my eggs in that generic other Springfield. As there are only a few more days left, it probably wouldn't be worth it. But posting on here is a good idea for future challenges.
- I'm on the Escalator to Nowhere, and whackin' baby!
- Anyone know what the number in front of your friends' towns mean? It's like a slot machine number with three wheels. I think the generic Springfield always says 20.
Also, if you collect the money from your friend's Kwik-E-Mart and other businesses, does it mean your friend can't collect it?
- They've extended snake whacking by a week! How many snakes have you whacked off?
- its been awhile. You've inspired me to play again.
- R1, why would you dump your eggs in the generic Springfield? That's just a computer-generated Springfield so no one receives your snakes. You might as well do nothing.
- I connected with OP, who is obviously a DL'er. So awhile back, I left some snake eggs in his/her Springfield, arranged to spell "MY PUSSY STINKS!" with a crude picture of a vagine! It was the least I could do. OP responded in kind.
Then my Springfield got corrupted, which appears to have scared OP off! I was devastated. Then a nice man from EA came and fixed it, left me 500 donuts, and suggested I contact a good therapist. Now I have Sprawl-Mart and Frink's Lab, making life good again.
- They've extended snake whacking by a week! How many snakes have you whacked off?
- I still play this. Love the addition of KrustyLand. How can I friend some of you up?
- Tap the icon with Milhouse and Bart, and add the nick or email address of the person you're adding, R10. That'll notify them so they can friend you back. EA seems to have changed the process recently, making it easier.
I love KrustyLand, too. The rides seem pretty dangerous.
- I'm on.
There's very little meat in these gym mats!
- Hey, here's a dumb question. Are any of you having trouble with your mac.com (or me.com) email accounts? I'm not getting any push notifications on that account and it seems to be somehow related to Tapped Out.
- “Dial Z for Zombies” Halloween bump.
- I, myself, do not.
- I'm shocked the game is kind of homophobic (Homer and Flanders),
Love it otherwise.
- Simpsons TV LGBT characters at link.
- I'd pay to add Ajax Steel Mill/The Anvil to my Springfield!
- My game took on a Hallooween theme but since then nothing special has happened. I've heard other people have ghosts - am I doing something wrong?
- R19, if you're not offered some messages offering "the ghost in the machine" and the Gypsy Fortune Teller shop, delete and reinstall the Tapped Out app. Be sure you can access your Origin account again (user name and password ready for sign in.)
After a couple of days of regular play but with the icon graphics changed to Halloween mode, I had to do this. Not to worry.
- Thanks r20.
- My pussy stinks, but this game does not.
- I'm proud to be your little Tapped Out friend inside the computer, Cheryl895.
- OOH Cheryl, you been busy wit' dem Gremlins, gurl
- Fun times in Springfield...except that a lot of players have noticed that Lisa has been missing a few days now. She's needed to complete quests involving the Freaks. Gooble-gobble...give her back! EA's working on it.
- Oh The Simpsons is tapped out alright, been pumping a dry well for at least a decade now.
- Oh, BIG man!!!
- [quote]I connected with OP, who is obviously a DL'er. So awhile back, I left some snake eggs in his/her Springfield, arranged to spell "MY PUSSY STINKS!" with a crude picture of a vagine! It was the least I could do. OP responded in kind. Then my Springfield got corrupted, which appears to have scared OP off!
OP here. You didn't scare me off. The snake event ended. I left you a last message but don't think you got it since they ended the snake event before midnight and forced everyone to update and erase everything! I don't remember your town being corrupted.
BTW, I died laughing when I saw the eggs spelled out "MY PUSSY STINKS!" I couldn't make it out at first but then it became clear. And I didn't know that was a pic of a vagina. I thought it was a stick figure of Cheryl fingering herself!
Thanks for the add, Cheryl and LLDoris.
- [quote]Then a nice man from EA came and fixed it, left me 500 donuts, and suggested I contact a good therapist.
No wonder your Springfield looks so good with all that premium stuff. I thought you had spent tons of real money to get all that.
I didn't even know you're supposed to build streets and sidewalks until I saw everyone else's towns. I was just putting everything on the grass. At least with no streets, my characters can't roam and I can always find them together.
- I was surprised at EA's generosity, but my Springfield was very messed up for quite awhile. Their software seems sort of buggy, so maybe they're worried about bad PR.
There's no question that extra 'stuff' makes my Springfield high maintenance. I'm having to be more careful about spending too much time there. Doh!!
I do think it's lovely that we now have our own Cheryl895 to torment in real life (or as real as this silly game gets, that is.) LLDoris, TL789, here we go! :-)
- Hello *kissesdoll* and *chapelton416*. You just made friends with your fellow Dataloungers...AND with a large, impersonal corporation which will give you free stuff occasionally. Check out our super-fun user group for tons of quasi-cheats to help you sail through the levels!
- Thanks for adding/visiting my paltry version of Springfield from your beauteous lands. I have just begun the game but am addicted already.
- Thanks for fueling my latest obsession. Extra gremlins for all you DL peeps.
- Oops. R33=chapelton416
- Hints from HELLouise: hou$e$...mmm, hou$e$.
Homer would like to give you stuff, just hit him up (a lot.)
- In case you don't already know this, chapelton416 and kissesdoll, if you tap Homer ten times, you'll get ten free donuts and the Jebediah Springfield statue. Free tips for the game embiggen us all!
- R35, is there something to building a lot of the blue houses? Does that get you donuts or something?
- Nifty... thanks for the tips.
Yeah,what is the deal with the cookie-cutter low-rent housing developments? Has some Springfield financial wizard figured out thst being a slum-lord is super profitable? Which house provides the most bang for the buck? Does that factor in the cost for land? I notice it is getting pricier.
- Looked it up online. The dozens and dozens of houses is something called "house farming". You buy something insane like $750,000 worth of houses and collect their passive income. Supposedly you can make a lot of $$$ doing this.
I don't really understand why someone would do this. $$$ you can get with a little patience. It's donuts that are the hard thing to get.
- In general, one of the better ways to start out is buying the cheap brown houses with extra cash...if you can tend them with their short rent cycle. They improve cash flow a lot. They're usually traded in for better performing houses like the blue or white houses, which remain permanent. Presently, I have about 40 mixed houses total, which really add up the $$ over time. They're mostly in a separate subdivision I made for easier maintenance.
Pouty face 8-( for an apparent EA bug: the 'ghost bombs' will only add a max of 20 ghosts to the total in my Springfield, even if I have many more ghosts on screen. Drat!
- R36 thanks so much for the Homer tip! Woohoo! I don't think we've ever been awarded anything that good in the game!
- Thank you, LLDoris and secretlab17, for the perfectly cromulent tipa.
Oh, and secretlab, no amount of glade can contain me.
- I think it's high time we addressed the fact that Homer seems to excitedly ejaculate, "Homos, I'm on my way!"
- Thanks Cheryl and secretlab for the add!
I don't like the look of house farming in my main town, but I'm considering farming over at Krustyland, since we won't have any tasks or quests there for quite awhile. It's just wasting away, and I hate sending my characters over there.
- I don't think you can buy houses in Krustyland.
For house farming, is there a "collect all" button like Smurf Village's "harvest all" button? If not, doesn't that take a LOT of tapping of hundreds of rows of houses to collect the money?? That's almost not worth it.
- I've tapped on Homer 10 times but nothing happened. No 10 donuts. Does he have to be doing a task? Does it have to be 10 continuous taps? Other people keep getting in the way.
- You can't build houses or buildings in Krustyland, but after building the Tooth Chipper rollercoaster, you will be able to turn in a minimum of 3500 Krustyland tickets at the gate for cash. I've been letting the rides and automatic Krustyland visitors generate tickets, while all the characters that can do tasks remain in Springfield working.
- Homer should not be doing a task. It has to be ten taps, bam-bam-bam, all in a row, to get the donuts and statue.
- How are some of you at over 20,000 GOO?!? How is that even possible time-wise? Even if you played every single day since the event started, I don't see how you could get over 20,000. Is there a cheat or tip to get more GOO?
- Do gremlins disappear from your town after 4 hours? Or do they always stay there until you pop them?
- The more friends you have, the more towns you can visit, and the more GOO you can accumulate. I suspect some of the folks with a lot of GOO have bought the graveyards/mausoleum, which generate ghosts.
The gremlins expire after four hours. If you pop them, you and the person who sent them to you both get 2 GOOs...
- I trust that you all are aware of the squidport tile "glitch"?
Here is a link detailing what to do and how to get multiple tiles without having to pay for them. Please tap on my tile when you come to visit my Springfield! Cheryl, I always make sure to tap yours, hope you're receiving extra.
- Nice tip, Ebbiecakes. I didn't know about it. I just started a new tile so when it's finished, feel free to tap away.
- Christmas update! Bad news is that the Squidport glitch has been disabled. :-(
- I have added a couple of you, Ta.
- Thanks deejay. I'm at my friends limit, so I need to sign into Origins to delete some deadbeat users, and then I'll add you asap.
Is anyone else finding it really difficult to collect gift bags?
- Ah, ebbiecakes, there are hidden boxes around the town. I shelled out donuts for the Elf House - they go around and collect all the boxes in your town, once per day.
You don't have to do that though, as the Elf House is the third prize in this series.
- Aw LLDoris, you should have saved your donuts! It only took me two days to reach the 6000 gift cards to unlock the Elf House.
I'm not having any trouble collecting gift cards, but the gift bags aren't as plentiful as the cans of goo from the Halloween update. I'm just not making enough to drop into my friend's Springfields.
- Oh, yes, sorry ebbiecakes, you're completely right. I ran out of giftbags quickly yesterday so I didn't get to drop 5 each on my Datalounge buddies...
We just aren't getting that many giftbags vs. giftcards...
- The new update has some great time-saving features. When you tap on a character, you no longer have to scroll down to the longest task. It automatically defaults to the longest task. When you're in a friend's town, you can just tap the arrow to go to the next town without going back to the main friends page every single time.
- I love the feature of the characters in the upper left hand corner. Saves SO much time!
- What determines what character is in the upper left hand corner? If it's not the character you need then isn't it pointless? Can you cycle through them?
- [quote]What determines what character is in the upper left hand corner? If it's not the character you need then isn't it pointless? Can you cycle through them?
It's most helpful if you want to just assign everyone an eight hour job. You don't have to search your town to find everyone (including all those little kids who are always hiding behind buildings).
But I suppose, if you're trying to find one specific character, it's not that helpful. Unless there is a way to search through them.
- LLDoris thanks for the gift bags and thanks to my other generous DL tappers. The gift bags are hard to come by. It makes me want to say to EA in my best Garbo (not very good): "Why so stingy baby?". I try to take care of my DL peeps with gift bags before I distribute to the hoi polloi. Feel free to add me. I have a couple spaces left and will be dropping anyone who hasn't updated to Christmas activities by the end of the weekend.
ebbiecakes, how do you detect that your friends are deadbeats? I am a faithful neighbor, and visit my friends everyday - how do I know they are doing the same for me (aside from writing their names down every time they visit me)? Thanks in advance! :)
- I'm enjoying my DL buds tremendously. Thanks for the adds, gift bags and the love. Send more dildos!
- I have two new friends. Yay! Thank you!
- Can you not choose where to put the gift bags? It seems to be randomly dropped around the beacon. Then how did some gift bags end up behind my buildings? So you can't spell out messages and pictures anymore?
Also, anyone know how to organize the order of your friends list? The order seems to randomly change sometimes but I don't know why. I want to put all my DL friends first so I can give all my gift bags to them in a row.
- Just friend requested you bitches! I'll gift you!,
- Thanks Ronin2Tbone! Backatcha.
- Cheryl wanted me to send you her holiday greetings, TL789, but attempts to drop gift bags in some controlled fashion go hilariously wrong. EA is a bunch of scamps, I tell ya!
- r65, I determine deadbeat friends by people who have not even updated to the new Christmas update. :-( I made a lot of friends during Halloween and a lot of them lost interest and really don't play anymore. If they have zero gift cards, it's a pretty good indication that they are no longer active players.
I'm sorry for the delay in accepting new friends, but my Origins account isn't loading on my laptop. I guess I'm going to have to log into an iDevice and do it that way.
- I wish we could organize our friends list too. From priority (my DL peeps, my Reddit peeps) to the basic bitches (everyone else).
- I just helped out a load of you bitches.
- [quote]I'm sorry for the delay in accepting new friends, but my Origins account isn't loading on my laptop.
Wait, you could play this on your laptop??
How many friends can you have before you cap out?
- TL789, I think you can sort of target where the gift bags drop, just by finding an empty area and dropping them there. Otherwise they can end up hidden behind buildings.
And I do wish we got more giftbags. I'd like to give each of my DL friends the maximum five per day, but I run out too quickly...
- R75, you can't play on your laptop. I use Android devices, and you can't delete friends directly from the Simpsons app, so you have to install EA's Origins on your computer, and you can delete friends that way. For whatever reason, my friends list wasn't loading for me, so I had trouble deleting.
iOS users can delete from within the game.
I just found out on the Tapped Out Reddit forum that Android users can download the Scrabble app to their phones/tablets, and delete their friends from within that game instead.
- No worries LLDoris, I appreciate whatever bags you guys can bestow on me.
I don't know why TO is being so stingy with the bags!
- *Waves* at ebbiecakes, deejaypunk457 and all of ya DL freakazoids!
Some days I have tons of gift bags, other days hardly any. Checking out the 'community prizes' progress (which depends on them) is disappointing. We'll never win anything at this rate!
Remembering that EA wants our $$, which is OK, I think they're gently reminding us that we can buy gift bags. :-/
- I've been playing this game almost since it was first introduced, but for some reason, I didn't start making friends with it until a few weeks ago. It's been so much fun swapping gift bags with you guys. (I've got tons of gift bags for some reason. Even giving everyone 5 a day, I still have about 125 left in my inventory today.) But more fun than anything is seeing all your Springfields. How do you guys get so many premium buildings? Where do your donuts come from? Or do you buy them? I'm seriously impressed.
- Some I bought - some I got from the black market. Shhhhhhh.
- Dare I ask where this black market is? Do they accept sexual favors in return for donuts?
- Ronin, I tried to add you and I think you are maxed out, so don't think I'm ignoring your friend request!
If you guys go to the Reddit Tapped Out forum, you will find a link to the black market for free donuts. I haven't done it yet, but they are trustworthy and can get you a lot of stuff.
- I wish they took sexual favors! No such luck, only cold hard cash.
I got something like 5,000 donuts, $20M cash, and a bunch of premium items. I felt like an idiot spending money for stuff like that, but honestly, considering the amount of time I spend on the game, it was sort of worth it. If anyone's interested, I can give you the name of the person who hooked me up.
- Is the black market illegal? I don't want to get arrested or anything.
- I feel *slightly* better that I am not the only person addicted to this game.
- Oops, I'm so overwhelmed with Simpsons joy that I left the wrong user name. Add me. :)
- R85, you worried Wiggum is going to catch on?
Actually, from what I understand, if EA gets wind of it, they'll close out your game. It's been about a month and a half since I did it, and nothing yet.
- Oh wah uh oh
- LLDoris, did you pay for your donuts and cash? I don't think the black market on Reddit charges, but I could be wrong.
I was thinking of signing up just so I could get them to give me Squidport pieces. I hate dealing with it so much, especially now that it seems like the glitch to get free pieces is gone.
Does anyone else play any world building games? Smurfs' Village or Tribez? I see Tribez trending on twitter a lot.
- I paid. Used someone recommended on a forum, contacted them on Facebook, we emailed back and forth. If you find a free resource, let me know (hey, I *HAVE* been spending my ill-gotten donuts, so at some point in the future I'll get greedy again)...
- Yes, I play Smurfs Village. The Smurfs have a Harvest All button to collect everything at once. does the Simpsons have that? It would be so much easier rather than endlessly tapping every building.
- Here's the link for the free donuts reddit. I haven't used it, but according to the rules, givers can't charge for their services.
Also, if I have been remiss in giving my DL friends gift bags, I apologize. I try to hit everyone, but I've been running out.
I'm planning a strongly worded letter to EA's Editor.
- Thanks for the link, Cheryl895!
And re your letter: don't forget to dip the pen in your special "inkwell" for that extra whiff of disapproval
- Anyone know how to view the screen with the 5 community gifts? I know I've seen that screen before but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to access it again. I have no idea what gift we're on. Are we close to getting all 5?
- Got to the personal Rewards page. You'll see two icons at the bottom - Homer, and a group. The group icon will show you the community awards.
And yeah, we should get those striped cooling towers any minute now...
- Thanks, LLDoris.
Looks like they extended the event by 7 days.
- Is there a trick to spinning the wheel?
9 times out of 10 I get the $1000, the worst prize on the wheel. The wheel is hard to spin to begin with. I probably spin it about 5 times before it would actually spin.
- Does anyone know how to save the game? I play on my iPad but when I want to play on my phone, it says "Game is not saved on the other device. You will lose progress." How do I save so I don't get this message every time I want to switch devices?
- R98, I just swipe my finger across the bottom of the screen and it spins the wheel just fine...
Getting that $1000 so many times is crap. FWIW I'm sorry.
- Black market donuts make me to nervous for some reason.... I started playing on New Year's Eve of last year and I have spent about $300 on donuts so far. Is it pathetic that an adult person with a job, a mortgage, and a 401K asked for a hundred dollar iTunes card for their birthday so they could buy the boatload of donuts, and squealed like a little girl whey they got it?
- Ronin2Tbone, I only went black (market) because I could see myself racking up $300 in donut purchases really easily.
You're buying from Gil, though, right? When he comes around, you get more donuts for the money...
- Is Simpsons' Tapped Out better than the Sims freeplay?
I'd only dipped my toe in Simtown for a week; and I'm already bored!
All these snake-whacking sound intriguing :)
- LLDoris- Yes I am, although he doesn't come around enough!! I figure $300 for a years worth of entertainment is pretty fair. Nothing is more exciting than seeing the little update graphic on the bottom of the screen. I could curse my sister for getting me hooked on the damn game - but instead i got her a itunes card. You should have heard HER squeal! LOL! I wish there were more prizes to earn- I'm getting a little burned out on the gift bag thing.
- The Christmas gift bag thing end on Tuesday, doesn't it? I keep trying to get that damn Yeti on the wheel spin game, but I just keep getting the hated $$$.
- No, they extended it to Juan-uary 14th.
- The best way to get the most gift cards is to have all Springfielders endlessly "hunt for the Simpsons." As long as you don't click on Homer or Lisa hiding out in the treehouse, you can have everyone do the hunt forever and get 27 giftcards per person every 8 hours.
Is there another task with better rewards after "Hunt for the Simpsons"? If not, I'll have have everyone hunt until the 14th.
- I've won all the good prizes but Barney on that wheel. I really want him.
- I'm sure you can still get Barney or the Snow Monster after the event is over for 120 donuts.
- I spin the wheel by pushing it round and round with my finger... if that helps.
Didn't play much in the last week as was entertaining a friend, but will be back on it now.
I have giftbags to distribute.
- It took me forever to get Barney, he was the second-to-last good prize left on the wheel by the time I got him.
And R107, no, that's the gift card motherlode.
- Aw, I wish I had figured out that gift card trick before I took Homer and Lisa out of the treehouse. Too late now, I guess. :(
- Anyone wanna be my tapped out friend? I only have one and it's the default friend they give you. Can you visit each friends town once a day or only one town a day?
- R113, you can visit each friend's town once per day.
My username is LLDoris
- r133, rapist your username.
- R113, post your username.
- Anyone leave gift bags in the "Other Springfield"? I leave 5 everyday. What does it do?
- R2T - what are you going to buy with your donuts?
- What the best thing to buy with donuts that's the best bang for the buck? What can get you the best return?
- Sheri & Teri might be a good investment - they earn 200% more money and XP for their tasks...I always look at two things: is the item a multiplier? Or, is it from a particularly favorite episode?
For example, I spent money on the Wigsphere because I liked that episode. It doesn't earn any money or add to your town's points in any way - I just wanted it.
- I just started playing and if anyone would like to add me, I'd be pickled tink. My user ID is dammit_julie, I work from home and have no motivation to anything other than fool around all day, so I'm no deadbeat friend.
This game is already sucking the life out of me! Hold me, DL Springfieldians, I'm scared!
- Friend requested, dammit_julie!
- Thanks, LLDoris and Secretlab17! I just dropped off some gift bags after visiting your tasteful towns.
- Just one more day before this game becomes pointless again.
- It's too expensive to play! I spent $300+ and only got to level 12.
- You must be doing something wrong. I've spent nothing and am at level 40
- Thanks to all my Datalounge friends for a successful and lucrative holiday season. We met most of our personal and ALL of our community goals this year and made EA's stockholders very, very happy!
I know you'll join me in thanking the Simpsons personally. Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie, Snowball II and and Santa's Little Helper...you're not just a collection of pixels on a screen. You're real people to reality challenged folks, you really are!
(Now who's gonna tell R126 etc. there's no level 40?)
- Hear, hear, R127. Although I will not be thanking Santa's Little Helper, for reasons which are well known to him.
I promise to keep visiting y'all!
- There is no more snow! Or gift cards? What else is different? I only started playing recently.
- I just took down my Christmas decorations. Sigh. I'm a little sad right now.
- I still have snow and gift cards.
- As usual, I'm late to the party and didn't get many holiday items as my snow and gift cards are gone. However, today I get to watch Cletus dig through a dumpster, so life is good.
- Love this game ... a Valentine edition must be just around the corner.
- Valentine's update is here!!!
- Which one of you bitches is I. Shuncock?
- I. Want. That. Whale.
- Reminding you that not only do I want to be your Valentine, I want to bear your children!!
- Oh wow. The thread is working again!
- Yeah, dvh99999, I kept getting a "Thread does not exist" message forever.
I never got the Tunnel of Love for Krustyland :-(
- Me, neither. I was one prize short. Ah well. I haven't spent much time or effort on Krustyland anyway.
BTW, if you haven't figured it out already, if you someone goes to your Springfield and graffiti tags one of your buildings, not only does he get points toward a prize, you do to.
- ^So many mistakes! Sorry.
- Spraying your towns every chance I get.
- I'm spraying as I type!
- I'm digging the vandalism attacks. I used to avoid doing this to you because until now it lowered your 'conformity' rating along with its monetary perks. I think they fixeded that. Let's all spray away our cares of the day!
- More of a Sims Freeplay guy myself. But all these games are just a bullshit way to try to get you to make a ton of micro-purchases along the way for shit.
- Trying to spray myself stupid, but I've been getting thrown out of the game for nearly 2 weeks. I don't want anyone here to think I'm not neighborly, neighborinos.
- Go away, R145.
- What do you guys think about getting a separate DL Tapped Out thread going elsewhere? I was scared when I couldn't access this thread!
- Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster. I hope you don't mind, but I've added a number of you as friends in TSTO as I've finally succumbed to the social aspect of the game after nearly year of anonymous contentment. Please feel free to send me a friend request if you haven't received one from me.
- I wanna whack your snake!!!
- Anyone here play Sims Freeplay? Can you recommend any good sites to find neighbors?
- I don't play however the EA forum is probably a good place to start. I know they have friend lists for TSTO so imagine there's a similar set up for The Sims.
- I don't play Sims Freeplay but anyone want to connect on Smurf's Village, Snoopy's Street Fair, Zombie Cafe or Archie's Riverside Rescue?
- Slightly off topic, but that episode last Sunday with Daniel Radcliffe playing the strange boy in the mental hospital was was weirdly upsetting.
- Off topic from the last post however just wanted to say, thanks for the extra friend additions. In case you haven't guessed, im in the southern hemisphere so taps and clean ups can be a bit tricky to coordinate. Will visit when i can. Glad to know all my friends are dlers, similar perspectives and all that.
- Your Springfield is lovely and relaxing, EnnuiOz. Welcome.
- Cheers Secretlab17- and yes, you've got our anthem - classy eh?
- I've enjoyed touring (and defacing) everyone's Springfields.
And EnnuiOz, that explains it! I just thought you were some kind of insomniac ;-)
- I love everyone's Springfields, and am so thoroughly ashamed of how low rent mine looks. I need to devote some time to some urban planning this week.
Secretlab's shrubbery made me LOL!
- It is fun seeing everyone's version of Springfield.
- EnuiOz, which way does the water in your toilet turn? Check with your neighbors.
- Do you guys play on your phone or iPad? I used to play on my phone but now that I switched to the iPad I can't believe the difference. There's so many more details I didn't see before. I can't imagine going back to the phone. What I don't like is how much space the game takes up on the iPad. It uses a gig of my 16 gigs.
- LL_Doris, I am a bit of an insomniac but to give you an idea of the time zones, it's currently 7 am here on Saturday 22nd however it's 4 pm on Friday in New York. I generally visit my neighbours in the evening so it's the middle of the night in the US.
Oh, and to the other poster, I checked the toilet, the water flows down anti clockwise.....
- I just like to see the "EnnuiOz has visited your Springfield" notice on my phone when I get up in the morning!
- I think I've added all you guys. I'm julesh219.
- Does everybody have Stampy yet?
- I was just making the rounds and I think I saw Bart riding Stampy at Secretlab's place.
I WANT STAMPY!
- All right, dammit_julie, I'm coming over to vandalize your town.
- I'm still a ways from getting Stampy. Can't wait!
- Only suckers play that game. Sooner or later you will cave in and start making purchases on it like they want you to. It's a scam.
- Thanks, R170. Your views are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Gimme your cellphone number R171 I will sign you up for cat facts texts.
- [quote]Only suckers play that game. Sooner or later you will cave in and start making purchases on it like they want you to. It's a scam.
I've been playing for years and have never spent a cent. Shows how much you know.
- No Stampy for me yet either LLDoris. Got snowball today though so that made me smile. Particularly as my real cat is currently in a mood with me as I took her to the vet yesterday for her annual shots.
- In two hours, Stampy shall be mine!!!!!
- Got Homer's car today, so what's the gift at the 5000 Friend Point level?
- The first 5000 point bonus is Stampy.
The second 5000 point bonus is a lighthouse.
- I logged into my Springfield 5 minutes ago and my town is GONE! My level has been reset to 1! WHY??????
- dammit_julie - I've had that happen before. Did you try completely logging out and then back in again? That has worked for me. Sometimes just quitting and restarting the app is enough. Either way, I checked your town and it looks fine to me.
- Thank you, Cheryl. I'm trying to log out now, but keep getting the Bart "Can't connect to the server" message. The weird thing is, my Origins account avatar still says Level 29, but when I was logged in, my level was 1 but all my donuts were there, then a minute later, I had no donuts.
Sigh. Will try again later. This had better not deprive me of my Friend Points - I was getting close to capturing my beloved Stampy.
- I've added you EnnuiOz and dammit_julie. There must be some issues going on - I just received the Bart server message as well. Maybe they're updating.
- I've just visited your town too dammit_julie and everything looks fine, you're still showing up as level 29. I have also accepted your request kisses_doll and came over to check things out. I'm not having any server issues.....yet, however they do seem to mess about overnight US time as that's oftn when I'm trying to play over the weekend. Btw, just got Homer's car so on my way to Stampy!
- Thanks for your help, everyone! I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and it looks like everything is OK. I really appreciate y'all checking my shabby little town and reporting back. Smooches!
- The Capitol City Goofball is a-comin' after the lighthouse.
- Whacking Day is back! Let's get to smacking them snakes!!!
- I posted prematurely! It's Easter so it's going to be zapping bunnies and gathering eggs. Looks like the Crazy Cat Lady is a new add, as well.
- OH THE HUMANITY!
- Tapping bunnies? They stole this directly from the Archie Riverdale Rescue Easter update. Does the game also generate 30 bunnies per hour?
- Sherry Bobbins!!!!! I WANT HER!
- How do I donate eggs? I tapped on the basket but nothing happened...
- I NEED Shary Bobbins too!!!!!!
I can't accumulate eggs fast enough for this one.
- What's the exchange rate for eggs? It's 100 pink for 50 blue. That seems fair but what is it when you donate blue eggs? It would be a ripoff if it was still 100 blue eggs for only 50 pink.
- I thought it was 100 of one color for 100 of the other. Maybe I'm mistaken.
- I was mistaken.
- Hey, hey, add me! My username's MercedesBen707!
- I can't find you, MercedesBen707
- NM mercedesben, i got ya!
- Is it too much to hope for the monorail this summer? Wouldn't that be fun?
- I've just started, add me: bria5n
- Damn I succumbed to buying most of my Easter eggs.
- This Easter egg business is irritating, it's taking way too long to accumulate eggs.
I will never get Shary Bobbins at this rate.
- If you're willing to part with 75 donuts, you can buy a Blue Egg Generator. It spits out 300 blue eggs a day.
- I'm greatly tempted to just buy a bunch of golden eggs with my donuts and cross my fingers that I get Shari Bobbins. All I've gotten with the pink eggs is fences, a tree, some beach towels and an egg pile. What the hell am I supposed to do with a tiny egg pile??? Dammit, Schneider!
- R202- I bought that damn machine, and it is giving me pink eggs instead of blue. Total ripoff!
- There are two different machines. One does pink, one does blue. And Frink actually gives you a free one that also gives you pink ones.
- R205- I know. I bought the more expensive machine that is supposed to give blue eggs. So far only pink. I read on the TSTO boards that I am not the only one with his issue.
- I think what color eggs you get depends on which group you're in - of course I'm in the Blue Egg group, so most of the eggs I receive are blue, and dead common. Frink's machine pumps out blue eggs for me.
I wish I were in the Pink group! The Pink baskets have better prizes.
dammit_julie, I've got the fences, the gates, the Easter tree, and the stupid little group of three eggs, too. UGH.
- So different people have different colors assigned? For me pink is the common color and blue is the rare one. The blue basket has the second best prizes and the gold basket has the best prizes.
- What happened to my basket? It disappeared after I collected 5 eggs. Are baskets one-time use only??? I didn't waste my donuts just to buy baskets that are one-use only. Nowhere did it say it would disappear about one use! They need a disclaimer. What a rip! Is no one complaining about this?
- Yep, baskets disappear (I think after two or three uses).
- R208, yes, EA has assigned all the players to either a Blue Group or a Pink Group, and whichever group you're in is what color your most common eggs will be.
I'm in Blue; I want more pink eggs, so when I see someone with a "blue to pink" conversion basket, I generally try and get rid of some blue eggs to get more pink (the conversion rate sucks though).
I fucked up yesterday by hitting a wrong basket and ended up with less of both kinds of eggs after visiting around.
Overall I'm not happy with this promotion.
- Finally accumulated 500 golden eggs, and what did I get?
- PS - is there a Bria5n here? I got a friend request, so just want to make sure it's someone from DL before I accept.
- R212 that's bullshit. Like when the mystery box gives you a newspaper stand or tree. And have you noticed that the sodding dog track rarely gives a win?
I still haven't put a single penny into the game thogh, HA!
- My blue eggs keep multiplying like... Bunnies? I'm resisting the urge to buy the egg generators.
Ps, why are there so many damn fences in this game??
- I found a use for my Easter fences.
- Bria5n gave me a friend request, too. So I'm guessing he's from these parts. Now, I'm off to dammit_julie's Springfield to see what he/she's doing with their fences. :)
- I got a bunch of fences, quelle surprise.
- Yes I'm here! Thanks to all my friends.
- Too many fences. I have them in storage. I cracked and gave up 100 donuts for eggs. Didn't do so bad; lots of the gold egg baskets from the pink and blue egg baskets which allowed me to win: the easter gate, kang topiary and yes, plenty of the pastel picket fences. I want Father Sean and Shary Bobbins. Thanks bian5n and xwordaddict for the recent friend requests.
- Dammit_julie- excellent use of fences. Left you some pink eggs.
Who else wants eggs and what color?
- dammit_julie, that's brilliant. I dumped some worthless blue - sorry, strike that - I DONATED some LOVELY blue eggs to you.
- Thanks, folks. If I were a better decorator, I would have thought of something more creative to do with those fences. Ironically, adding all those stupid fences raised my shabby town's rating a half star.
- EA says that if you win and place 50 fences, you get 15 donuts for completing.
- In today's mystery box? Another mystery box. Inside that box? A fucking large hedge.
Sold that shit.
- Did everyone have 4 baskets in their inventory for free to start with? I just looked in my inventory and saw them. All this time I've been spending donuts to buy blue baskets. Oops.
- I feel your pain deejaypunk457 - mystery box, mystery box, misery box......fences! I'm also a litle disillusioned with the Easter boxes, the best thing I have won is gold eggs, no buildings or characters - but plenty of....fences. On a positive note though, Stampy is finally mine so thanks to all my neighbours:)
To the poster above, I've never bought a basket, you can win them from bunnies - although mine seem to be disproportionally squewed toward my primary egg colour (blue). That may just be fluke though.
- I've gotten what I think is an even mix of baskets that the bunnies shit out, FWIW. The game finally threw me a bone and I got the Blocko and Banana Dictatorship stores.
Fucking fences can eat me.
- I thought the gold box would contain good stuff (because it's harder to get one) and so when I won enough golden eggs I got really excited...only to find just 3 fences in the gold box.
Nice use of fences Dammit_julie.
- I still don't understand the exchange rate of eggs. People gave me 4 eggs in my basket. If I collect it, I should get 400 eggs since each person gave me 100. But how come I only get 200 eggs when I collect?
- I am pretty sure the egg return from baskets is a glitch and once you synchronise you should be credited with the missing eggs. I haven't experienced it yet however there are threads about it on the TSTO forum.
- When you give someone 100 eggs and get 50 back, where does that 50 come from? Is it from your friend's stash or is it the game itself giving you 50 eggs and it doesn't affect your friend's stash? I'm hoping it's the latter since I don't want people taking my valuable blue eggs.
- I just got the Kang topiary. Not brilliant considering it was a gold box but at least it wasn't a sodding fence gate!
- I got Bunny #24601, Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior last night. Also, yet another Easter tree, Easter pond AND fences.
- This Easter bunny crap canNOT end fast enough. I've spent donuts here and still haven't gotten the only prize I want - Shary Bobbins.
They updated the game today, a level up. They've added Ms. Hoover and the music teacher.
- Is the music teacher gay? Was there an episode about it?
- [quote]Is the music teacher gay? Was there an episode about it?
It's certainly been suggested often enough. In one episode he mentions finding his soul mate. Chalmers enters and all the kids assume that's the soul mate. And I think every time there's a gay bar scene, he's there.
- Oh My God, I have just had a bonanza! Won the jackpot twice on the Scratchr (should have gambled for doughnuts but not complaining about the cash) and then gotJohnny Fiesta's from my blue box - the only prize I wanted! So, to celebrate, I've been dropping as many blue eggs as possible into your baskets.
I've given up hope on the gold box prizes so am now purely aiming for the Blocko store from the pink box. So, blue eggs all round when I visit. Please let me know who wants them and I'll prioritise.
- I'm open for some blue eggs, Oz! Congratulations on getting what you wanted!
- No worries dammit_julie. My next visit will be tomorrow morning my time (about 20 hours time) - think that's your Friday evening (assuming you're in the US).
- I've been having a bit of a surf of other sites today and came across the link below which I thought some of you might find interesting - or not. Yes, I am a statistician (no really) *sigh* feel free to leave the room............
- I need blue eggs. Thank you to anyone who can spare some.
- Thank you for the link, Oz! That was very informative and fairly depressing regarding the percentage of actually acquiring Shary Bobbins. Oh, well.
Here's my favorite comment from a Reddit user:
"Fuck your fences EA. I will personally kick John D. EAfella in his god damn teeth if fences (or an equivalent) show up in the next seasonal update. Think I'm kidding? Message me your physical address. I got plenty of frequent flyer miles, an old pair of steel-toed boots, time to kill, and unresolved anger issues.
Handle your shit EA and adjust your stats accordingly for a fun game not whatever you call this bullshit, else we'll all just go strait to /r/freedonuts and possibly the new Family Guy game (and yeah, they did a real good job on it).
i.e. Cut the shit, EA bitches."
- TL789, I'll dump some of my blue eggs in your town this afternoon. I usually make the town rounds about 3 pm CST.
- TL789 and Damiit_Julie, I visited but you didn't have any baskets that I could donate to. Will try again later....
- I ran out of blue baskets. I will take pink eggs too. I found out that you don't lose 50 eggs when someone gives you 100 eggs. The 50 comes from the game's stock, not your own stock of eggs. So now I can put out all my pink baskets too.
Also, everyone plant carrots! It will generate 10 bunnies every time you harvest.
Speaking of the Family Guys game, who here has played it? How is it?
- I've been visiting and dropping eggs into baskets. I finally got Shary Bobbins! Can't wait for the bunnies to go buh bye.
- A fucking tree in my Mystery Box again. Fuck you, EA!
- Congratulations Kissesdoll, I will look out for her when I next visit as I suspect coverting my neighbour's Shary is the closest I'll get to her.
Oh, and commiserations Deejaypunk - although I'm particularly disappointed on your behalf that it was a tree and not fences.
- Kissesdoll, I'm super happy for you...yeah...that's just great. Congratulations.
If anyone needs me, I'll be sobbing quietly in the shower.
- WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THESE FUCKING EASTER PONDS?!?!?!?!
- I'm just so glad that when we win trees, fences and ponds, those prizes aren't removed from the pool of available items. Thank GOD I have so many wonderful fences.
- More eggs, more boxes, more trees and fences. Hooray! I did get one consolation prize when a bunny shit out a Faberge egg. If anyone would care to behold its luster and 3% bonus, I placed it next to my "This bites" fence message.
- I got a shitty bunny with wings.
- I FINALLY got Blockoland . I'm missing Shary Bobbins, Fr Sean, and Chirpy Boy & Bart Jr and maybe some other stuff. I hope the gold egg surprise today helps anyone still in need.
At this point I don't care whether I win those things or not -or the sucking Faberge egg - but if I get more pools I wanna go with that Reddit guy and kick some EA ass.....this game was fun but it brought on a weird game fatigue in the long run. Why the hell did they get rid of the community prizes?! That was fun and the odds favored everyone.
- R255, you hit the nail on the head - it IS game fatigue. If you don't win good prizes, then it's depressing - it has sucked all the fun out of playing for me. Now I'm just trying to wait this thing out...
- What gold egg surprise today?
- R257 Today EA tossed us a bone. You can now buy gold eggs, just as you've been able to buy blue or pink ones for donuts. It would have been better for morale, imho, to have released that at least a week ago or more. Check out your Premium Easter prizes purchase inventory. TSTO Addicts is a good site for game updates, etc. - It's where I heard about our gold egg option this morning. tstoaddictd.com
R256 I'm sorry you got the fatigue too. Getting Blockoland today felt good because, I totally agree, there's all sorts of cool stuff you COULD get but fences, egg piles etc, are depressing when they're all that you ever end up with for days or more. This was the first good prize I've gotten in some time. I hope you get a nice surprise gift today for FREE.
Does EA ever actually listen to player feedback?
- I'm sorely tempted to use actual cash to get gold eggs. Got what is probably my last 100 this morning with a Pink Box, and got Hugs Bunny. While he's no Shary Bobbins, it was nice to get a character and not a decoration. His dialogue with Homer is surly and amusing.
A second vote for the TSTO Addicts site; there's very good info there!
- I spent my Fences Donuts on gold eggs - what do I get but Father Sean, a topiary - and MORE FENCES
I want to put someone from EA in a sack and drown them.
- The problem is that the prizes can go backwards. A prize in the gold box is 250 pink eggs. WTF, that's going backwards and makes people frustrated.
Also the fences should be increased for each box. 3 for the first box, 10 for the second box, 15 for the gold box. It's frustrating to get 3 fences when you've saved up for a gold box when you could have gotten that same number in the first box.
If EA would fix these problems, people wouldn't be so frustrated.
- Looks like this Easter eggs nonsense ends tomorrow, 5.13. FINALLY.
- Oh, NO! I haven't gotten my fill of trees, ponds and fences yet!
BTW, just typed "feces" accidentally, then fixed it, then thought about leaving it like that since that's what I feel like I won.
- Yes, glad it's ending. Does anyone know if EA will convert remaining unused eggs into game $$? Converted into donuts would be much better, but they won't do that.
- I got Stampy which is pretty cool, but it had nothing to do with this piss-off Easter crap. It came from the Friend Points, which actually seems to work well.
They really dropped the ball on this one. The ponds, egg piles and fences bit was a total dick move.
- Update is here and gameplay is really lagging. Well it was worth it to get rid of the Easter debacle.
- Thanks for posting that LLDoris. I didn't know everyone was experiencing lag and I thought the game might have been overcome by the stench of forgotten Easter eggs (Coincidentally, "Forgotten Easter Eggs" is also the name of my feminine hygiene spray).
- Well, that was boring.
- Gameplay has been so laggy for me that I haven't been able to play at all.
- ...and now Friend Points are broken. Are they trying to drive us all away? Is it time for me to get a life now?
- Lag is strangely spotty on my phone. Like there are little pockets of Bermuda Triangle oddness surrounded by areas of normal speed. Weird.
- Same here, R271, I suspect it's some glitch with the characters moving around (I'm so technical! I'm a hacker!!!)
Speaking of hacking - I requested Shary Bobbins from the Reddit Free Donuts crew. Take that, EA!!!
- The lag is really bad. Stupid EA.
- Yeah, what's with the weird, glitchy play all of a sudden? You'd think getting rid of the bunnies would have made it smoother.
And what was with that Milhouse storyline? I think there were two tiny quests, less than a day's play, and then it was over. Weird.
- I thought the lag was my phone running out of memory. Good to know it's everyone having this.
The thing I hate the most is that the game always has to download huge amounts of data before you can play. This is eating up your data plan if you're on a phone. Why can't they be like other games and just download everything during the App store updates?
- I don't understand why you guys all wanted the Easter update to go away and have the game return to normal. The game is always boring without a theme update. There's kinda no point now. I'm glad I didn't update from the Easter theme since I just got the Fabrege egg.
- I haven't played in a few days because of the glitch/lag. As soon as they sort it out I'll be back.
- Are other people on the other messageboards complaining about the lag? What are they saying? What was EA's response?
The lag is so bad I'm off to check out the Family Guy game.
- Is this thread dead because the game is still not working for everyone? It works for me but there are still very small pockets of play where it lags a lot.
- I think it's dead because there's no special event going on. Usually during one of those promotions, this thread heats up.
Well, as much as this thread CAN "heat up", I guess.
The lag has gotten better but it's still annoying as hell.
- Thanks LLDoris. Good point.
Too bad EA doesn't seem to do other than lackluster quest lines immediately after a big event. Miss Hoover is a big yawn imho. But Fit Milhouse quests were sort of amusing.
- EA fixed the lag on my Android tab with today's update.
- May I ask who you are, R282? I didn't get an update today and I'm still lagging...
- Ssssh LLDoris, I'm incognito.
The EA update didn't install correctly, so I had to uninstall Tapped Out and start fresh. The game operates normally now.
I'll meet you at the Gulp 'n Blow! MARY!
- LOL, fair enough, R284. I look like Comic Book Guy, but in a kaftan and spotless white fat guy hat.
- The lag is still around, and it still sucks. They really dropped the ball with that stupid Easter stuff.
- Got the update. Still lagging but generally only when there are characters moving around. What the hell - that didn't used to have any impact.
- LLDoris, I'll be wearing the usual: thick glasses, spotless white lab coat, pocket protector, skinny jeans and a Brian Sims T-shirt.
- Dammit, Schenider, it's so laggy I can't visit anyone without the game locking up and kicking me out! Damn, damn, damn!
*throws punchbowl at EA programmer*
- I got the update and the lag stopped, thankfully.
- Nope. Spoke too soon. Still lagging. Goddamnit.
- 12 donuts for the lag, hmmm, not baaaad... better, I *suppose* humph.
- The Stonecutters! Yay!
- Eek! Stonecutters, and a way to blow up your Springfield! Blow it up real good?
- Good, refreshingly different challenge and Thank Jeebus there is no Wheel of Frustration in this game.
I forgot Egg Council Guy is a Stonecutter. I'd love to see him included in some Stonecutters quest story lines.
Is anyone experiencing glitches so far? I see some glitchy things reported on TSTO Addicts comments.
- No glitches here. And like you, I'm thankful it's not another luck of the wheel game.
- A few glitches. I wish I could get the tokens faster, of course. Otherwise - I'm enjoying this update, a lot.
- Yes, I agree it would be satisfying to get the tokens faster.
How far into the game are you?
I finished the Secret question up to date, and am just about done with today's quest. Once they finish frisking Krusty I'll get Grandpa Simpson's Stonecutter skin.
But I've been sick in bed for two days, so I could be self-indulgent about playing Tapped Out.
- I've basically just started on today's Number One tasks - I've got about an hour left to go on the first part of it...my problem is that my phone sometimes won't connect while I'm at work so yesterday I couldn't get them done.
- I'm having the same lagging problem to the point that I couldn't play most of yesterday, so I didn't finish the tasks on time. To add insult to injury, I got a Mystery Box yesterday and what was in it? Fences.
- Oh Jeez (in my best Bart voice) dammit_julie ! The Fence Troll just won't leave you alone. Are you ready to throw something at EA yet again? I loved the punchbowl choice - nice and heavy but classy at the same time. I hope the lag stops soon - you've suffered too much aggravation dammit!
LLDoris, I can see it means slower emblem earns, but you can still get the same prizes eventually. Do you have enough friends to collect maximum daily emblems there?
But then, you sound like an even keeled sort of Doris, so maybe this is not a big deal.
MY Mistake - the second prize is Krusty Stonecutter skin, not Abe Simpson. Why the hell did I think that silhouette was Abe?
- Thanks, Sky Finger, that's very nice of you. You must be new to Datalounge.
I kid, I kid. If I come off as even keeled then I must be writing things wrong.
Boy oh boy, this thing has a lot of moving parts! There are the individual tasks (Lisa's research, etc) - there are the tasks to do for Number One (send a brainiac kid to write fan fiction) - and now the Sacred Scroll has individual "puzzles" to figure out and complete, as well.
Cripes, at this rate, this thing is going to make me miss my wedding next weekend.
- LLDoris - WooHoo! Wedding! Save some champagne for me. I'll just reach over with my giant Sky Fingers and grab a glass - er, flute - wherever you'll be celebrating!
Glad to know you're addicted and unhinged too. I agree about the moving parts. A spreadsheet would help.
Btw, have you done any decorating with Stonecutter fences yet?
- No, my Vanity rating is strong, and I have more than enough fences from the Easter debacle (make sure you visit Easter Park on your next visit to my town! It's right by Valentine's Dump) - so no special Stonecutter fences for me.
And thank you. We'll be in Chicago and there will be plenty of champers for all my TSTO buddies.
- I'm not getting this Stonecutter task. It just seems creepy. What are the rewards supposed to be?
- Can you be more specific deejaypunk457?
- It's a parody of the popular mythology around Freemasonry, and that's sort of dark and creepy stuff right there.
This update has lots of activity. Between the main challenge tasks, and the brainteasers of #1's tasks and the Sacred Parchment challenges...I'm enjoying this one a lot.
It IS very weird, though.
- Stonecutter #1 gives you four tasks every twenty-four hours which pay you tokens. You can also go into your friends' Springfields and plant three cameras every day, which pays you tokens. Also, if someone plants cameras in your town, you can click them off and that also pays you tokens. And on top of all that, weird robed visitors pop up from time to time. Tap 'em and they disappear and you get a few more tokens. If you click on the trophy (which seems to be filled with beer) in the bottom right hand corner, you can see how many tokens you need for each prize.
Also, there are tasks given to you by the Sacred Parchment. A certain number of tasks will get you a prize (most of which seem like Stonecutter clothes for various characters).
Make sure you have the update downloaded. Otherwise, I doubt any of this will work for you.
It's a lot of work, but it's fun. And it's fair, unlike that Easter nonsense.
- Try this for Stonecutter overview & questions
- Here's a little inspiration for all you Tappers
- If you never saw Homer The Great here it is. Egg Council Guy and Abandoned Store (among other things) explained!
- Hey, have ya ever noticed that the Crossing the Desert is a lot like the Unblinking Eye? And it's exactly like The Wreck of the Hesperus.
- Heh Heh LLDoris.
- LLDoris, have you got any grease?
- Yes. Yes, we do.
- Then grease me up, woman!
- Okey dokey
By the way - the cafeteria staff is complaining about the mice in the kitchen. I want to hire a new staff.
- A bit late to the party as it's been Primetime however, I just wanted to say congratulations on your upcoming nuptials LLDoris!
Sadly, it's still not recognised in my backwater and is unlikely to be so while the mad monk is in charge (despite the fact that his sister is actually gay).
Anyway, onto the topic of TSTO, I am also thoroughly enjoying the event and becoming slightly obsessed. And, best of all, no fences - aside from those you can purchase.
Btw, I'm not sure if you are aware, but you get 5 tokens for tapping the Stonectters' lodge but only 1 for anthing else with a camera. I'm therefore trying to clear those taps whenever I can so that it's available for someone else to maximise their token collection.
- Ah! So that's what's going on. Someone (I forget who) comes to my Springfield once every few hours and only taps the Lodge. This makes sense now. Thank you for the hint.
Who is the mad monk? Is your state governed by Rasputin?
- The mad monk is the nickname of Australia's current Prime Minister. A conservative who once entered the seminary to study for a priesthood.
I'm also not convinced that his ideologies have evolved significantly since those of the times of Rasputin.
He also has a predeliction for wearing budgie smugglers (speedos). What has been seen cannot be unseen.....
- Australia, of course! Thus, your screen name. I'm such an idiot. :)
(Thank you for that article. I read it between narrowly splayed fingers for fear of seeing said budgies being smuggled. He sounds...fascinating.)
- I ain't ever even heard a dis shit
- If you really want to see, there are loads of images - just google Tony Abbott budgie smugglers.
However, you have been warned!
- Despite Tony Abbott, I have a pretty warm spot for all my topsy-turvy, and kinda HOT, Aussie friends including EnnuiOz (and hello MyFavoriteMarsupi...)
Roos! Speedos! Spiders!!
- Don't forget snakes, sharks, crocodiles and box jellyfish - seems like half our wildlife are murderous! Though we do have cute, non toxic specîes too :-)
- Aw, thanks, EnnuiOz, that's very sweet of you.
But I have to say, I'm dreading the day off from completing Stonecutter tasks!!! ;-)
Another tip is that you're limited to 60 neighborly emblem-earning taps per day - so if you have a buddy who's not participating, I'd skip their town. And keep focusing on hitting those Stonecutter headquarters!!!
- Oh how I wish they'd give us Steve Guttenburg as a prize.
- EnnuiOz, you neglected to mention Geographer Snail and Stone Fish - two of my all time favorite life-threatening Oz natives!
- I would love to visit Australia, but I know with my luck I'd see one of those enormous spiders. And koalas (and speedo-clad lifeguards) are just not worth that.
- BTW, just read on TSTO that the Stonecutters table will give free donuts!
- The Jebediah Statue easter egg never worked for me for some reason.
- Oh, and don't forget the mantis shrimp whose 'punch' can break through aquarium glass.
And just for you LLDoris, if you do ever venture over, watch out for the drop bears ;)
Really, I don't know how any of us reach adulthood!
- Forgot to include the drop bear link.....
- LMAO at the drop bears!
Luckily I have a (frankly terrible) faux-Australian accent I can break out, from watching Kath & Kim!
- [quote]Another tip is that you're limited to 60 neighborly emblem-earning taps per day
60 taps or 60 neighbors per day? If it's 60 taps then that means you can only visit 20 neighbors a day.
- Did anyone receive an email saying you can get 12 free donuts with this update? I didn't get any free donuts. Where can I get them?
- Do you guys like whacking the robed Stonecutters here or whacking the fratboy mummies at the Family Guy event better?
- R335 I think you can collect a grand total of 60 tokens daily from visits to Neighbors' Springfields. Jeebus knows, I could be wrong though - this game has so many moving parts it's hard to keep track.
R336 We got a free donut peace offering from EA which was either during the start of Stonecutters or the Milhouse/Miss Boover mini quests.
When you finish Secret of The Cut Stone Quest Part 10 you get twenty free donuts. I just got them, and I will have enough emblem tokens tomorrow for Burns and the Money Pool prize (WooHoo!) - so I'm guessing the quest line is generally not at all in synch with completing Number 1 quests or the Sacred scroll puzzle prize quests.
Then when you collect the Stonecutter Table prize there's a semi-secret quest for Homer, which involves singing the Stonecutter Song, and voila another cavalcade of donuts comes your way. I recall that you get twenty free donuts.
The table/Homer donuts is similar to how you can get free donuts with the Jebediah Springfield statue - something about tapping on Homer multiple times.
- R1, if you are not offered a black president, you need to escape to Wayne Ville.
Once you get their, you should go to the Southern Babtist alter and kill Mohammad. Then, grab the camel.
After you get to Canada with the ice queen, put your lips on the reluctant faggot king.
Then, message me.
- The part of Bill Gates on tonight's show was performed by Tony Perkins.
- Dear LLDOris, if you went through with it, congratulations, you are a braver woman/man than i. All the best together. Oz x
- Ugh the Stonecutter challenge is way too busy- and I thought the Easter challenge was annoying!
- My Springfield is a mess. Last time I rearranged I was stuck home from work with bronchitis. I wish I could just log-in on my computer to rearrange things. It's sort of a nightmare to rearrange on an iPad and I have no idea how people even do it on a phone.
- R343 I wonder the same thing about myself - I play on an iPhone 4S.
I don't know if this will lift your Springfield funk, but this helped me stop disliking what I saw when I logged on. I bought a few plots of outer perimeter land and just crammed things there while I rearranged the town center. Think of the warehouse where Citizen Kane's beloved Rosebud was unceremoniously stacked.
My sad saga started at Christmas, in happy anticipation of having my first skyscraper - ClausCo - in downtown, near Costington's.
ClausCo was the only thing I REALLY wanted from that nightmare Wheel of Fortune From HELL. Of course I didn't get it. I felt so bitter and betrayed in January when I looked at that empty lot it drove me to drink. I decided I needed a radical change to snap me out of it.
So downtown got torn up and looked like hell for a while, but I love what I've created by taking it slowly and enjoying the redesign process, purposely building in a lot more tongue in cheek references to the show and related reality.
I learned to think of my warehouse eyesore of multiple buildings ( just inside the city limits ) as the upcoming urban renewal project when I am wealthy enough to pay off the Quimby cronies at city hall for a sweet deal on building permits, liquor licenses, and overlooked zoning regs.
- Oops, I meant to reveal my identity at 344 - I'm Sky Finger #5
- Thanks, EnnuiOz, yes, things went off without a hitch!!! And I only missed a few hours of obsessive Springfield tapping...
- Congratulations, LLDoris!! Glad to hear it went well!
In other news, are there any of the following here? Csquad1, kentdwolf, madmojo717 or SamuelSackson? I got friend requests from those users and not to be a Paranoid Polly, but I don't accept any unless I know they're like minded people. TIA.
- ooh, you should accept those, dammit_julie, they're good neighbors. They visit my town a LOT.
- OMG, did you see the homophobic Stonecutters clue today? "Which Flaming Moe has a Liquor-ish Whip?"
Answer was of course Smithers, the only flaming mo in the game and you have to make him whip it.
- I often skip the dialogue boxes, but the conversation between Krusty and the Lawyer that you get with the new update was pretty damn funny.
- Yeah, they do manage to sneak in some funny bits in those dialog boxes. Often funnier than the show itself nowadays.
OOH SNAP SIMPSONS YA BURNT
- LLDoris Congratulations! I did reach out my Sky Fingers and grabbed a flute of champagne at the reception - nice choice. I tried to catch your eye but you were mobbed by well-wishers so I decided to wait until you were back here to offer best wishes.
Btw, what's for lunch?
- Beef hearts! Just put them on the floor...
- and OOH
KBBL is going to give me something stupid!!!
- Well Hot Dog! We have a Weiner!
- Where's everybody at with the event? This thread has been so quiet - no complaints, satisfied Tappers? Bored? Do tell.
- I've loved the Stonecutter's stuff. I should get the last prize tonight or tomorrow morning. First time I won 'em all. Lots of work, but it's been fun. :)
They owed us this after the Great Easter Egg Debacle (which sounds like a title for a Troy McClure movie).
- Yeah, I'm with R357 here, this has been a good promo event. This will also be the first time I've collected everything (although I have a little more time before I get Devil's Phallus Mountain)
I'm sorely tempted to get the Chester's solid gold house but that's a lot of donuts to part with...
- I totally agree with both of you. This will be the first event where I've won everything too R357 - congratulations! I still have the Devil's Phallus to conquer LLDoris.
I bought the All-Seeing Eye which I get a big kick out of. The Abandoned Store fits nicely next to the Church of Lard Lad in the creepy side of Springfield. They abut the Stonecutter compound and the various graveyards.
Oh, go ahead and splurge LLDoris! You deserve it.
- LOL. Oh, but Sky Finger #5, if I bought that mansion, I'd have to buy more land - and then rearrange Springfield so that I'd have a proper upscale area to locate Mr. Burns' mansion, Fat Tony's place, Wolfcastle's mansion...
Hmmm. That sort of sounds like a fun weekend project actually.
- Will you post screen shots of your lovely and tasteful gated rich people's section of town for us to admire, LLDoris?
- Has anyone nuked their town yet. Mine is a mess, but i worry about putting everything away all at once. God only knows how long it will take to put it all back out.
- I liked the Easter event better. That kept me coming back everyday to get eggs and earn spins. The Stonecutters event is boring. I've skipped days since I didn't feel like mindlessly tapping all these cameras and triangles. There's no game component to it. Now I'm way behind and don't know if I'll collect all the prizes before July 3rd. Ugh.
- I just noticed that nuke button today. Oh, how I'd like to push it! Must resist...
- Have an explosively exciting 4th all you Americans!
For everyone else - just have fun blowing shit up.
- (Marge is digging through the groceries Homer bought at the store)
Marge: "Gee, I don't know what you've got planned for tonight Homer, but count me out! Didn't you buy any meat?"
Homer (patting the M-320): "He he he, This baby's sure to kill somethin'!"
- Holy crap re Homer's July 4th dialogue:
"If I can bring a loaded AR-15 into a nursery school - and thanks to the patriotism of dedicated nutcases, I can - why can't I build explosives for pleasure?"
I want to marry this writer.
- I want the news copter from a few seasons back. It said, "Fox News - Not racist, but #1 with racists!"
- I wonder what the next theme will be after 4th of July is done?
- It would be about time for a Squidport event, especially with the barge, fireworks, summer here, etc.
Or Krustyland. Fun if they gave us a mountain resort - complete with spooky massive hotel a la The Shining.
- I want Mr. Burns to try and block out the sun.
I don't think I've been in Krustyland for months. That never grabbed me.
- I agree R371 - Krustyland falls a bit flat for me - and not in a good way.
- R362, I "nuked" my town a few days ago and it took HOURS to put things back but my map was nearly full. The cool thing was that it was like a walk down memory lane (since I've been playing for years) and since now I sort of had an idea of how much stuff I had, I put things back in a more orderly fashion.
So the good news is, I have more space. The bad news is, it looks kind of generic now but it was worth it since so many quests now involve "finding" things on the streets which I couldn't even previously see.
- Well congratualtions to me for the blonde moment of the year thus far. I wasn't concentrating properly and thought the Sit N Rotate was $1M not $10M and so bought it. I am now broke - but on a positive, I guess I have my first aspirational. Ah well...
- You and me both, EnnuiOz. It had better be pretty damn spectacular. :) And really, it's not that big of a deal. Money is easy to come by in this game. Donuts, on the other hand....
- What is up with the huge ass files for the updates? I can't even play because it says there's no room to update the game on my iPad. And updates take forever on the log in screen. Why can't they just update in the app store like all other apps?
- I've had the same problem, too, R376. Glad I'm not the only one.
- Dammit_julie I just saw that dialogue today - love it.
Will you invite me to the wedding?
- Anyone else notice changes to payouts? Tomacco is now 30 minutes instead of an hour. Glitch?
- What R363 said. Now I'm working again I only play it on the lunch hours there's bad weather and I stay in. The Stonecutters task sucked. Easter pissed me off but in comparison it was far more fun!
About to turn on the stupid game for the first time in a week.
- I loved the Stonecutters promotion and hated Easter! deejaypunk457, we should have an agreement to play each other's games during those events ;-)
For my part, I wouldn't mind having some kind of monorail system made available. As long as there's not a chance the track could bend...
- Not on your life, my Hindu friend!
- Yard Sale! What items are you going to snatch up?
- I'm eyeing the Mayan Bundle
- What happened to the game? There are no tasks anymore.
- I think they're just having a downtime until the next big activity. Hopefully there'll be something before Halloween.