- I've suspected so for a long time. Pings to me. And never seems to have a girlfriend.
And was very flirty with the other young guys in the 'Narnia' movies.
Played 'Dorian Gray' in a new version with Colin Firth a few years ago. Was given a blowjob by Ben Chaplin.
- Drop dead gorgeous. Why doesn't DL have more dirt?
- Will be 32 this Summer. Still unmarried as far as I know, with no signs of a serious girlfriend.
- In jeans, sitting on a tree:
- .gif from 'Dorian Gray', kissing Ben Chaplin:
- totally gay
- Obviously has a big bush.
- Another photo:
- Gay. He's also very friendly with Kit Harington...
- He's handsome, and, yes, he pings
- Kit's not gay, is he?
- [quote]Gay. He's also very friendly with Kit Harington...
I'm taking that image to bed with me tonight.
- Gay or at least Bi. English and at least half Jewish. Nothing says Bi better than that!
- Do you know something, R9?
- There is an interview he did with William Moseley for The Rachael Ray show.
It was funny because the rumor during the press tour was that W.M. was crushing for Ben Barnes.
- He needs to sit on my face!!!
- So since everyone on this thread says he is gay, is that because it's a known fact or just what we all have concluded based on the available information?
- r18, the second one.
- Still not seen anything with him in it that I recall, am moderately interested in Narnia but the Dorian Gray can gfto.
He needs to lose the long hair for me to care, but he does seem handsome and Nick Drake-y. Oh there's an idea for a biopic.
- R20, why aren't you interested in Dorian Gray? It's got some hot scenes with Ben Barnes, and it features a good performance by Colin Firth in the George Sanders role from the 1945 version.
- I dunno, it just seemed so unimaginative and obvious, DG may not have been done much but it's so well and such a cultural staple. Remakes can be tiresome but I hate when they do old lit adaptations.
Then again, it isn't that faithful is it? As long as they don't Baz Luhrmann it up but I had heard good things about it.
At least it isn't something like Total Recall, the makers of which should be shot. I know throughout Hollywood history remakes have only been about 20 years apart (Imitation of Life, Star is Born and all the silent remakes) but way to make me feel old damnit!
- Ben cut his hair a long time ago.
- Does he have a boyfriend?
- 25, if we're asking if he's gay, obviously we don't know if he has a boyfriend or not.
- Is he white?
- Shorter hair makes Ben both handsomer and more sexy.
- [quote]Is he white?
Not white, white. White adjacent.
- He's had his chance.
- Is Kellan Lutz white, white adjacent or something else?
- I was going to say, "gay." Then I realized I was thinking of Ben Winshaw. I don't know much about Ben Barnes.
- Barnes bump!
- OMG, he is SO much sexier with short hair!
- The woman the media tried to say was his girlfriend shot back that they weren't an item, and that she tried to set him up with one of his girlfriends, and he declined. lol
- Link please, R35
- Gorgeous man! (and gay)
- r37, you know he's gay how?
- The available indicators so far lead to him being more likely to be gay than straight.
- It really would be an awful shame to waste that beautiful man on the str8s, so I say he's gay.
- Bi or gay. Not str8.
- "Ben Barnes looking for mature lover"
Source: Bang Showbiz Date: 13 September 2009
‘Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian’ actor Ben Barnes can’t find a girlfriend and only seems to attract young teenage fans.
The ‘Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian’ actor is currently single and claims he can’t find someone his own age who is interested in him.
The 28-year-old star said: “I haven’t got a girlfriend, I’m single. Send the girls my way!
“The only letters I am getting at the moment are from 12-year-olds because of ‘Narnia’!”
He said: “I was doing things I hadn’t done before, like kissing a man. (Bwahahaha!) I was naked with a 17-year-old on the first day.
“It’s a fantasy romance for Tamsin Egerton and her King Caspian”
Is St Trinian’s star Tamsin Egerton planning a fairytale romance involving Narnia actor Ben Barnes? (UH, NOPE!)
The 20-year-old actress has just returned from Australia, where she spent time with Ben.
He is Down Under working on The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, the next in the series of Narnia films, in which Ben, 28, again plays the swashbuckling King Caspian.
‘Tamsin hooked up with Ben a couple of times and there was a lot of talk about how close they were,’ says my spy.
But when I caught up with Tamsin at the Berkeley Square Ball launch in London, she insisted she and Ben were just friends.
She said: ‘I tried to set him up with one of my friends once but he wouldn’t bite.’
Originally printed by The Daily Mail 19 September 2009
- A pic with him and Zelda Williams.
- R42, is that article from 2009 meant to be a clue that he is still without a girlfriend 4 years later?
- r44, there's still no girlfriend to speak of. He's doing the confirmed bachelor routine. His career has really gone belly up, not that it was booming to begin with. He just starred with Katherine Heigl in "The Big Wedding". Any time he goes to the premiere of a film he's in, he goes with one of his female co-stars. He even took a little kid that was in one of his films.
- How did his latest film do at the box office?
- Ben doing a camp Harry Potter. He's disgusting adorable. He was younger here.
- Ben has always pinged to me.
- New hair from last month. He did that film with Bradley Cooper. Go ahead, make your jokes.
- For the Brits on the board: in Ben's interview at r50, is that the English example of gayvoice?
He sounds incredibly gay to me.
- r51, he pings. Brits are not normally that camp, although I would say he has it under control to an extent, but he's still hitting the radar.
- Are you a Brit, R52?
- Ben gets embarrassed being complimented on his looks:
- Daybreak interview:
- Ben Barnes chats to Sugarscape
- Ben Barnes goes gay in Dorian Gray
- Dee-lish, R57
- Ben and Colin Firth having fun on the set of Dorian Gray:
- R54 He's such a flamer.
- I wonder if Ben is even out to himself. He said that he was really inhibited.
- Maybe he's a virgin then, R61?
- So, where were we?
- He has such a sweet personality and I want to comb his hair.
- I'm surprised how old he is. He's about to turn 32. He can still land roles much younger than his actual age.
I still can't buy the possibility that he's straight.
- "There's compelling magic in 'Seventh Son' for Ben Barnes"
British star delves back into fantasy as as an apprentice to Jeff Bridges' master knight.
SAN DIEGO — Brit actor Ben Barnes came to Comic-Con last year but didn't have a lot to say.
He was there to announce the fantasy movie Seventh Son though none of it had been filmed. That didn't stop fans and others alike from pestering him about it.
"They kept asking me what was exciting about it," Barnes recalls, "and I kept pointing at Jeff Bridges, going, 'Jeff Bridges is in it.' That was all I could come up with. I figured I was being honest."
That answer still holds, but Barnes will have much more to say about it Saturday at a morning panel with Bridges for Seventh Son (opening Jan. 17), which is based on The Spook's Apprentice, the first book in Joseph Delaney's children's series The Wardstone Chronicles.
A veteran of the recent Chronicles of Narnia films, Barnes plays Tom Ward, a young man plucked from the toils of pig farming to be the apprentice of Master Gregory (Bridges), a knight who imprisoned the evil witch Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore) years ago. Malkin found her way out of captivity and she's ready to raze the world, so Gregory turns to Tom, who as the seventh son of a seventh son is prophesied to have powers against dark magic.
The movie has "an otherworldly feel that is absolutely what they were gong for," says Barnes, who notes that director Sergei Bodrov cast witches from Sweden, Germany and all over Europe.
Tom learns the ways of this ancient magic as the story unfolds. "It's not just about swords and smashing monsters with wooden staffs," Barnes says.
"We've kept a lot of the smaller details from the books. Throwing a combination of salt and iron will reveal a creature of the dark when it reveals itself to you. The power of alchemy, a lot of that is moralistic — it's about making the right decision at the right times.''
To prepare, Barnes read many of the dozen-plus books in the series, but some parts had to be changed. In the books, Tom is 14, but he has been aged to his 20s for the movie so filmmakers could add a romance and make the action more vivid.
In one chapter, young Tom has to beat a witch to death with a stick in the river, Barnes says, "and it feels quite violent. I'm sure a lot of dear lovers of the book will be up in arms that the stories aren't exactly the same as they are in the books, but at the same time they'll be pretty excited when they see it."
Tom feels he's meant for something more in the world than pig farming but has a very close bond with his mother and doesn't quite know how to go about finding adventure. Then Master Gregory turns up, and Tom is "quite unceremoniously bought by this grumbling drunken witch hunter," Barnes says.
"He isn't quite sure whether he's happy about it, so it's an interesting dichotomy between wanting something more but being stuck with this man who doesn't seem to appreciate him in that quite traditional style of men, where you're not quite sure if you love him or hate him."
His character has more dilemmas as Seventh Son develops. Tom has feelings for Alice Deane (Alicia Vikander) who's the niece of a witch, so he's not sure what to do. Plus, the one man who can advise him — Gregory — puts up brick walls at every turn.
"It's interesting to find those little character traits," Barnes says, "the exasperation at being treated like a servant and the wide-eyed wondering of discovering this whole new world and all the magic and mystery and danger that goes along with that."
A relationship develops between Tom and Gregory that's somewhere between a buddy movie and a father-son movie. And as Gregory, Bridges is "awesome," says Barnes.
"You're always going to get that level of wryness in his characters and in his self-effacing approach to things," he says of the Oscar-winning actor. "He's the Dude and he's always going to look at things from a very curious angle."
Barnes admits he had "absolutely no intention" of doing movies with swords and creatures after his two Narnia films, Prince Caspian (2008) and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010).
However, he found the power of the Dude to be compelling and saw a project with a lot of imagination.
"Once you sit opposite one of the greats like Jeff Bridges and they pick you to be involved, there's absolute zero reason to think pragmatically about am I going to get stuck doing these movies for always," Barnes says. "It's such great escapism and an enormous, exciting scale. And it's up to me to make the characters different."
- Just saw the preview for Seventh Son. Ben is a *scorching* hot man. He cut his sensuous hair and somehow he smoldered even more. I was ready to have an apoplexy right there in my seat (fans self). Henry who?
- This is also from Dorian Gray, right?
It's better than the Ben Chaplin kiss, even if it's shorter.
- He's so beautiful.
- He is and there needs to be more gossip about him!
- Yes R69 and that's the very attractive Max Irons he's making out with.
- Haha, thanks.
- R59, a bit of a late question, but isn't that video actually from the set of Easy Virtue? I love it anyway. They seem to be quite good friends and Colin Firth is very complimentary about Ben.
- Did anyone read anything similar to this before? I only saw an old mention on Towleroad but no further details were given.
- His roommate in L.A. is Rob Kazinsky of Pacific Rim and True Blood fame. They seem to have a core group of friends that they hang with alot. Zelda Williams, Shane West, Ricky Whittle. The women in the group are attractive but on the plain side. They all come off as big nerds, preferring video games and Star Trek to the club scene or attending every opening of an envelope to get publicity. The Brits seem to view acting as a job and are always grateful to be working. Very few appear to want to be "movie stars" and they don't seem to court fame and then bitch about it like many American actors. Think Joe Manganiello. I can't say if Ben is gay. Maybe he's just focused on getting acting gigs. What ever he is he sure looks happy.
- Ben has finally hit the big time.
In his upcoming film, "The Seventh Sign." he's co-starring with Julianne Moore.
- Thanks, it's good he looks happy, R76.
After posting that I read a transcript for a Dorian Gray interview/press conference where he said he was straight. Who knows, but there really isn't much to say that he is or isn't gay...he almost seems asexual actually.
- R76, none of that is true. Brits are very Americanized now, and Ben has been open about wanting to make it in Hollywood, and will only do starting roles. It just hasn't worked out for him yet.
- You appear to be confusing Ben Barnes with Sienna Miller, r79. He's a much better actor and a lot prettier. Nothing I posted is untrue. The Brits have a different work ethic which is why many of them are at the top of the list for the leads in every big franchise movie. Despite what Joe Manganiello says:) What exactly does "Americanized" mean? Do you mean moving to L.A. to network and to find work? Every starry eyed Drama major in every podunk town in the U.S. dreams of doing that. And many do. Did you even read r67's post? It sounds like he's more interested in taking roles based on what interests him and who he's working with rather than blind ambition.
- Are Ben Barnes and Sienna Miller the same person? Or have they both slept with Jude Law?
- With Charlie Cox.
- His brother.
- Girl there was reportedly his girlfriend. I can't remember if it was her or not, but the girl the media was trying to link him to shot it down, saying that they were friends and that she tried to set him up with one of her gfs, but he wasn't interested.
- Glory hole no doubt.
- Goddamn! Look at that cleft in his chin!!!
- Is that cleft pic recent?
- skinny twink
- I was misled I thought we were talking about the hot papi who hosts Cash Cab, not this little slip of a thing.
- Ben's gorgeous, and gay as can be. I want to bend him over and fuck him up his pert little tush.
- Bet he tastes good.
- I'm mesmerized of his dark, black eyes, which goes well with his lovely voice...
- Incredibly beautiful.
- He's plain looking and has no ass at all.
- So beautiful
- I think he's gay, although some of his fangirls on IMDB still insist he's straight even though he is 32 now with still no sign of a girlfriend.
- R100 there is no such thing as black colored eyes.
- I wish he'd do frontal.