- I think he'd be great in the part, but I hate it that they can't come up with anything original
- Agree with R1, and I can't imagine how that makeup is going to look on a guy with watery blue eyes.
- Look what it did for Brandon Lee's career.
- Contacts R2?
- No. He's ugly. Colton Haynes would be perfect for that part.
- WTF happened to the long ass Tom Hiddleston thread? It seems like it doesn't exist anymore?
- Alexander Skarsgaard is apparently going to be the new Crow.
- so the other thread was deleted as well. TH fangirls are scary.
Oh yeah. Apparently we can't talk about Hiddles anymore.
- I wonder if they'll go censor Celebitchy, ONTD and Lipstick Alley as well so poor rich unicorn prince doesn't get upset.
- What I wonder is why DL close threads like this without even checking. It didn't seem to me like there was any more gossip going on than in any other thread on this site.
R12 They can't censor CB, ONTD and LA because they'll have to register and convince a moderator. Same thing if it's TH office behind this, which I doubt.
- Fucking hell, not another Tom Hiddleston thread. OP, go fuck yourself.
- Does this mean that DataLounge doesn't allow discussion on TH? Are you kidding me?
- How come Hiddleston's thread is screwed up? Can this be the new one?
- I like talk about Hiddles. What's the problem DL?
- DL wants our money. BUT GOSSIP IS PRICELESS
- In the spirit of a good pot stirring for you fangirls, I give you NOT JANE ARTHY.
Fret away, you crazy bitches!
- Why the fuck is DL shutting down TH discussion? BAD MODS, BAD.
- Look at this slut.
- OK, does anyone have an explanation for why the Tom Hiddleston threads are getting shut down? Makes no sense. I didn't see anything in the other two threads that were controversial or offensive. Frankly there was a lot more dish & bitching in the TH Humblebragging thread. Is there any way to tell WHO shut it down or to ask the DL mods what's going on? Very curious.
- I think it's strange too, R22
- I think Tom Hiddleston would be good in the role. I'm just not sure if the role would be good for his career. Has there been any successful remake or reboot of an 80s/90s movie that was not based on a comic book superhero?
- Well don't look now, but the Tom Hiddleston's EW interview is full of Humblebragging thread has also been deleted. Odd since it was maxed out some time ago.
Do DL members or only the Mods have the ability to delete threads? Also, are there any specific rules or violations that will cause a thread to be deleted?
- There are too many rabid fangirls on ONTD. Despite what they say about not being "crazy fans", the way they tirelessly defend TH shows that they actually are.
- Thanks, webby, for shutting down the non-gossip threads and running the straight cows off. You're the best!
Fangirls - take a fucking hint.
- R19 I saw that yesterday and thought the same, not that it wasn't clear already that she was somebody from GQ staff and not Jane, but fangirls and logic don't go along very well.
- The "Tom Hiddleston's EW interview is full of Humblebragging" is still visible. The only ones that were shut down are:
"Is TH a good actor" that mainly contained comments on his appearance at GQ and discussion about public/state education in UK.
"Who's better looking: Tom Hiddleston or Chris Hemsworth?" that only had comments on the two actors looks and a few posts about some TH fans British film project.
Why these threads needed to be made inaccessible, I don't know.
- [quote]Why these threads needed to be made inaccessible, I don't know.
Because they reek of fish, r29.
- What happened to the other 2 Hiddleston threads? Were they deleted? Why? Nothing really bad was said on them.
- BTW, I am a fan but I hate the rabid part of this fandom and if they are responsible for getting the other threads shut-down, fuck you!! Get a fucking life. You cannot control what people will say about him. Deal with it.
- I meant fuck you to the crazy fangirls. I really hate controlling/uptight people and I see it over and over again in fandoms.
- I think the mod(s) who shut down those TH threads are the rabid ones.
- If the whole point of this site is to gossip, we have that (and also gossip about his sexuality), we have news on TH, and we definitely bitch about TH. Shut down those rabid fangirls and fanboys, not the entire fucking thread.
- You don't have gossip.
What you have is rabid housewives who claim not be fangirls while stalking his fuckbuddy's every move on Twitter, telling everyone where he lives, and pretending to be friends with his friends.
The obsession shown in these threads is second only to the self-delusion of its participants.
Go away, you vacuous twats. Your vile attempts to invade a gay space and turn it into yet another straight women cesspit is obvious and disgusting. Talk about privelege! Talk about entitlement!
- R36 Much as I don't like the fraus and the fangirls long essays on the man, to start a thread here you need to be a member and pay, it surely wasn't them who created all the threads about TH and especially one titled "Is Robert Downey Jurnior gay? Is he and Tom Hiddleston a couple?".
I wouldn't take for granted that only women are obsessive and self-delusional.
- It's straight fish who are writing all the wish fulfillment and flicking their beans to stories written about RDJ and your presh Hiddleston, and straight fish who are drawing the bad fan porn about the two.
You are delusional. You are obsessed. You are entitled. You are frightening. You are disgusting.
These threads cannot be shut down fast enough.
- Please don't put me in the same bunch, since I'm neither straight or a woman. I'm just pointing out that these threads were created even more than 1 year ago and surely not by TH fangirls. That they swarmed in here is clear, but since it's an anonymous board, and you can't be certain about somebody's genre or preferences, deal with it.
If you read all these threads and instead of laughing and making fun at how silly these girls can be you get butthurt, maybe you shouldn't be here in the first place.
- As I've "been here" for over 6 years now I won't be going anywhere, toots.
You're definitely straight fish. And you clearly don't know how to use troll-dar. Now fuck off back to iVillage with the rest of your ilk.
- Are the fangirls the ones who keep bringing up Jane Arthy? Give it a rest already..I don't give two shits about Jane Arthy and never hear her mentioned anywhere except here.
- Always like that with TH, things go insane
- There was only one Eric Draven.
Does not matter who wants to play that role. Why remake all these original movies anyway? The cinematic industry is a joke.
No one has any creative ideas anymore.
- Some fraus on Celebitchy are talking about threads being closed here and some blogs around the web being asked not to share personal comments about TH.
One even called the RDJ and TH couple thread slightly slanderous and why was it still showing.
What gives with telling blogs and gossips sites to stop posting certain comments? Other than sharing addresses and the like, which I can see as dangerous,the rest is just gossip and bored trolls stirring the pot.
My guess is someone here, will get this one shut down as well.
- Does anyone know anything about the blogs being asked not to share personal comments? Like what sort of blogs? Perez or Lainey or... nobody else cares about him apart from a handful of fangirly gossip blogs, and they've been posting about him as they usually do as far as I can tell.
- Don't care about blogs, I care about why two threads that had no special gossip contents were blocked for no reason.
- R29 At one point last evening I did click on the TH Humblebragging thread and got a "thread does not exist message." And yes, it is visible again. Weird.
As for "The Crow" Hiddleston and every other actor that didn't get that part should consider themselves blessed. That movie and the remake have been plagued with bad luck.
- “To me, the shape of the relationship with the father was very familiar,He wouldn’t mind me telling you, but my father and I had big set-tos when I was in my teens. Then I realized my friends were having the same problems”
Let's go with daddy issue
- R48 Yes, he also said in a 2011 interview with the Scotland Daily Record, his father told him he was proud of him and his acting career after not thinking acting was "good enough" for him. Of course, Dad's approval came after he had gained some measure of success and employment. So who knows?
- I was wondering what the hell happened to that previous thread - I hadn't finished reading it.
Re: GQ video, [R19], I see nothing unusual - Luke doesn't look to be there, so others were helping TH.
- Luke was with emma watson. The blonde girl with glasses works for public eye too
- And even better interview here.
- I really do wonder, why does no gossip surface about this guy? Does he not do anything or does he do it too well?
I mean, there are very few details about his private life,like that model deal years ago...then nothing
- Simply he's not so famous, I think
- Maybe there is nothing to tell? That would be disappointing (still hoping for some kink to be revealed - and no fangirls, dirty talk with an ex is NOT kink).
I generally think all celebrities must be fucked up, or they wouldn't seek fame to begin with. Am I wrong on this?
Is it possible there are some who are not and live normal, uninteresting lives outside of their unusual, interesting careers?
- I'm sure Tom manages to squeeze in a lot of fun for himself although his main focus seems to be his career.
As his visibility has grown among the rabid fangirls, he's acutely aware of his public image. He knows that his actions, his every mannerism, who he's seen with or not seen with at functions as well as what he wears, how he stands etc. will be posted and dissected immediately. So if there is any delicious tea, Hiddles will do his best to keep it on the down-low. Don't think we'll be seeing any more stories of the bannana in Amsterdam variety anytime soon :-)
- [R56] I'd just be content with hearing about hook-ups haha.
Nah, it's ok, he can live his life in silence, I suppose that's what everyone who's remotely famous would prefer to begin with, but as an audience you kinda have to get something inneresting every now and then.
The last really interesting thing was Arthy twitter-stalking him, I bet it was even more creepy in real life
- I think he is one lonely man.
I believe he is gay and not bi sexual as some have suggested.
A man who shows up in public with a lady every once in awhile to keep the gossip at bay, but still a lonely one. Not because he is gay but just because he seems so emotionally alone at times.
- I've read of people who met him at cinema or theatre alone a lot of times. I don't know if he's gay but I agree he seems a lonely man
- I agree, some saucy detail of his personal life would liven things up. It seems I'm behind on my gossip...Jane Arthy stalking him on Twitter. Well, guess they're not an item (if they ever really were, although I'm given to understand they dated for a couple months on the dl before Wimbledon). Apologies to those who don't like revisit history, but I yet to get detail on what happened.
- To the Tom fan girls who come to Datalounge only to write/diss/obsess over Tom -
Have one of you considered creating a brand new messageboard or a blog through, blogger.com or wordpress, that is solely about Tom and catered to entertain the very topics that you respond to here at DL? Those places are FREE and you can comment there 24/7/365 for FREE.
You will not have to deal with primetime, you can create any thread topic, blog article. Post pictures, and most importantly, you can post anonymously like you do here. DL is more of a gay gossip website, not your typical Gossip only website, it is tailored to a gay audience. You have been acting like interlopers here at DL with your TH threads!
If you want to continue with the same program that has been here at DL, why not replicate it away from DL so you don't have to deal with 'fish' or 'frau' comments, which I find terribly offensive.
You should seriously consider this. It appears that most of you have a LOT of time and emotions invested in your positive and negative chatter about Tom's personal life, career, and personality. I like him as an actor and wish him well, but I'm tired of seeing the childish, fangirly threads here about the man. If you're so upset by TH threads being deleted, take your fascination with him to a new format, and just post the link to that forum here so that people can go there.
- OMG! Did we ruffle your tail feathers love?
Deal with it. This is a good place for chatting, and if some don't like the topic don't read the thread. OK?
Someone keeps making these threads. I have a feeling the threads disappearing are from posters like yourself who for some reason don't want 'outsiders' to be here.
- Not wanting to start an argument but if you check the thread list you will see the majority of topics are not necessarily 'gay topics' and some are just as childish and fan girly/boy as the TH ones can get. Why does TH upset so many? What power does he have?
- Why do people get so upset about having TH chatter on here? There is plenty of gay discussion about him, not sure why every so often someone comes in and rants about fangurls when mostly people obsessively post pictures of his crotch.
- I knew I wasted my time.
You lack the initiative, creativity, control, and motivation to make something bigger and separate for your Hiddles Heckling.
Fish and fraus you lot are.
- I wonder if he's lonely by choice or forced by circumstance?
- Shouldn't they wait at least 30 years before they remake this? Or anything else?
- Why remake a classic? Leave it alone in my opinion. No imagination anymore, it is easier to remake a movie than think of something new.
I think Hiddleston with his lithe build would have been OK.
As for him being lonely, maybe. His interviews have mentioned him enjoying his family a lot. Maybe he spends time with cousins and such. They do seem a close lot.
- R67 Money talks. If there's $$$ in remaking a popular movie to squeeze more profits, no one is going to wait. Just look at how quickly Hollywood rehashed the Spider Man movies. A lot also has to do with copyrights and contract law. In some cases if a production company doesn't use a character or do a remake in a specified amount of time, they'll lose the rights. BTW, the producers are not calling this latest iteration with Luke Evans, a "remake" but rather a new interpretation that will more closely resemble the original.
- @66 Good question
- What's with all the ' @ ' crap? This isn't twitter, girls.
- Maybe they don't how to link
- I agree that I find the Jane Arthy stuff ridiculous. Who cares really? Except for a few obsessed fangirls.
r61: How can you tell which poster is a fangirl and which is not? Surely Tom has fans who are men.
- There should be some Hiddles tea once Thor 2 premieres and Coriolanus opens at the Donmar. I'm sure the London Bobbies will be called to restrain his fans of both sexes!
And his career seems to be looking up since he landed the scary/kinky Crimson Peak (as described by Jessica Chastain)
- I'm very curious about what kind of role he'll have on crimson peak
- I think Coriolanus will be interesting especially since I think most tickets have not been purchased by Shakespeare lovers but by Hiddleston droolers. Wonder if they can be civil...I swear if I hear anyone yelling in the audience I will do bad things to them
- TH actually does have a lawyer who will play the bad cop on anyone who posts his personal photos which circulated around awhile back, personal information, or who gets into stories that could be construed as "slanderous" and potentially damaging. I remember coming across at least one blogger who was threatened with a lawsuit.
There was a post on one of those threads, I think the humblebragging one, which indicated that he really was reading DL. My theory is that the DL webmaster got a call from a lawyer. Why else would they bother? Does DL shut down other threads?
Which are worse btw? Fangirls or fanboys? I find them all annoying.
- As for the guys who want to chase away "outsiders," oh please get over yourselves. This is a website. It is not the United Nations. Seriously, get a life.
Crimson Peak: He is taking Cumberbatch's sloppy seconds, but at least he finally has a job. I am reading between the lines, but I suspect BC dropped it because the script sucks.
- Who was the blogger threatened with a lawsuit? I remember there was a comment from a Celebitchy thread about it but no details.
But yep, his lawyer got involved over the FB pictures. There was a big post on ONTD about his page being hacked which was deleted at the request of his 'people'.
- Sounds like TH has secrets he does not want anyone to know.
Oh wait, he's not that important where people (and that's normal people, not the fatties on tumblr) actually care. NOBODY cares.
Don't hate him, hate his dumbass stans.
/thank you auto correct.
- R77 I agree that Hiddleston and/or "his people" do monitor social media sites including DL for slanderous tea :-) The Humblebragging thread got maxed out. It was the Is Hiddleston a good actor and who's better looking Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston threads that got deleted. I don't recall anything controversial in either of them. But who knows?
I don't blame Hiddleston for taking action over his FB account being hacked. Unfortunately considering the rabid nature of a portion of his fanbase, it's not surprising.
As for Crimson Peak -- Cumberbatch was supposed to be playing the male lead who is married to Jessica Chastain's character who is also her brother! BC reportedly left over creative differences. And since then Hiddleston said in an interview he got a new, updated script. But unlike the Capa and Black Wings has My Angel movies, Crimson Peak looks like it's going to happen.
- It was a long time back, but what I know is there is a picture floating around of him with a miniature greyhound puppy, in which he looks like any normal goofy guy with his dog, but if you post that anywhere, his lawyer will find you and threaten to sue. the blog I saw was a page put together by some teenager who just thought it was a cute picture.
The point being, he may be trying very hard to create this image of himself as the ultimate weepy unicorn prince of Hollywood, but he is perfectly fine to hire people to play the bad cop. There was someone on one of the other DL threads who complained about how Luke Windsor was so "mean," pushing fans away and pulling TH away from the autograph seekers. It didn't seem to occur to to her that TH probably asked him to do exactly that.
The images and texts get out there though, never fear. Google "Naughty Hiddles," and you will find everything that is nasty. It's not much.
It think TH knows very well by now that lawyer or no lawyer, it is very hard to get that lube back into the tube, so he is probably keeping everything in his life under wraps, or (more likely) living a very, very boring life and not getting laid much. What woman in her right mind would want to deal with his ego and his fans?
- I'm surprised the Naughty Hiddles thing was never deleted or removed. I suspect because it was on a public myspace page he can't do anything about it. I'm still not sure why Luke need to be absolutely everywhere with him. Nobody else - not even huge stars - have publicists that nanny them so much at public events while they're giving autographs.
- There isn't much you can do if the media was on a public site. The FB hack was different because the photos were private and shared only with friends. And yeah, I agree, I don't blame them for taking legal action where they are able. Anyone would do that.
And yeah, I totally agree about Luke Windsor being his constant minder. Hiddles is really trying way too hard to manage what other people think of him. It is both ridiculous and cynical perception is reality crap. He is becoming more of a product than an actor.
He has had three films that I know of that bit the dust in the last year. Another was King of Soho, a biopic of that guy who owned all the strip clubs in London. Sounded like a dreadful project, but would have been hilarious. I am sure he is glad to have a real job at last that doesn't involve straight to dvd tinkerbell pirates. That project was just embarrassing.
- In my opinion, those two threads were deleted for one exact reason: the discussion about this controversial documentary.
The “documentary” subject is very “slippery” regarding this "who paid for the trip" story. So, if those threads were deleted on TH teams’ request, they acted right and in his best interest.
Another option is the one who made this film, got anxious on the subject. One of the posters on “who's better looking” thread mentioned something like “let’s continue discussing the film in this new thread and see how soon it’ll be deleted”. The result: it was deleted, and fast.
I don’t see any other reason to delete those threads. His private life can’t be the reason, really. TH is absolutely sane grown-up man and well understands that it’s practically impossible to keep all the mouths shut about his private life. Somehow, one day or the other something will surface, especially when the day comes and he is finally famous. Until now he’s simply not that big.
- Oh you mean that fraudulent "Reel Britain" documentary put together by fangirls who know nothing about British film so that they can get other people to pay for their trips to London so that they can stalk TH? And the fact that he thinks this is a great idea, probably because of their worshipful interview?
I dunno, there is nothing new about everyone's opinion of this amateur fan video, nothing that hasn't been said elsewhere. It's the standard reception these girls get pretty much from everyone except TH. Unless something really scandalous has been revealed, I doubt they have any power to shut down a gossip thread. But let's test it and see? If TH's people took an interest in this, he is more desperate than any of us realized.
- Yes, I was talking about “Reel Britain”. And I agree with you: nothing that hasn’t been said elsewhere. But DL is a huge and well known gossip site – lots of people read it and comments here are almost always sharp and precise. So, who knows.
- Yep, well that is why I come here. :-) I watched that project in its early stages, and I remember being appalled not only at how amateurish and fannish it was from the get-go, but at how TH fell for the whole thing. The only way I can explain it is that he desperately needs to be liked and is helpless against fan adoration.
- The puppy picture is still on tumblr. I don't see how it reflects poorly on him in any way? Nevertheless, I believe it was one of the stolen images from the FB hack.
I understand lawyers getting involved in his personal facebook page being hacked. Family photos were posted, etc. Don't understand how he would receive any more protection than anyone else who had their pictures hacked on facebook and used without permission. It happens. FB does zero.
I cannot fathom any celebrity attorney thinking they have the ability to stop online discussion about one's personal life by civilians/fans. Published news organizations and false stories, sure. But gossip? Nope.
The documentary has been discussed openly on celebitchy and tumblr.
- That is a disgustingly cute puppy.
I agree, I do not see why anyone would bother. People talk about all kinds of things and have all kinds of opinions.
For example, I really believe that Thor 2 is going to be absolute crap. I am hearing nothing good about these last minute rewrites and reshoots.
I think Coriolanus will be filled with screaming fangirls and serious watchers of Shakespeare will give it short notice. This is typical of Donmar actually. They have been pandering to the fangirl segment for awhile.
Crimson Peak will actually get made, but as with OLLA and DBS, I think the lead actress will get all the attention because TH's contribution will be, eh, adequate.
Cute puppy though. Cute as hell.
- R90 and R91 One reason why TH might want the puppy pic deleted (if it is his dog)is fear of kidnapping. A bit extreme BUT it has been known to happen. Hiddleston has some very rabid fans. I can't think of anything else that would cause him to sic (pun intended) his lawyers on people for posting that photo.
- He fears someone would kidnap his dog? Well, he does have some very crazy fans so you never know.
- I don't think it's his dog. Pretty sure he doesn't have one.
- Cute puppy. And Rachel Weisz did out act him in Deep Blue Sea, but apparently he's the focus in the Jarmusch vampire movie.
He looks tired/emotional here talking about his play, but maybe I'm projecting.
- Seriously, dognapping?
I too agree that the one thing in common that the deleted threads had was the mockumentary and I don't think that Hiddleston's team would bother with that. It's probably the fangirl author who freaked out and had it closed. If this one closes, you'll definitely know why that was.
TH probably just got involved because of his romantic views on all that is British literature and cinema and wanting to be part of that. I'm sure he didn't foresee such an amateur result,cause that thing looks like I'm filming it with my digital camera on a bad day. a really bad day, because even my 12mpixel canon can do better
- I think he's having a more terrible year than he expected. Cancelled and troubled projects, dealing with fangirls instead of being respected by the public as a true film star (ala Leo DiCaprio), and now going back to theatre and preparing for yet another onslaught of fangirl shrieks and mobbing. He looks drained in that new video R95.
- Every review of OLLA I have read focuses mostly on Tilda. It sounds like a lovely film, but it is not taking the world by storm. The theatre at TIFF was more than half empty.
- OLLA just didn't have any buzz at TIFF. Everyone was going crazy for the Batch and stuff like 12 Years A Slave, Rush, Fifth Estate. It's getting great reviews but not much attention. Maybe it would have got more press if Tilda had been there since she's the bigger star.
- Glad I'm not the only one who thought he looked drained in that video.
I feel like 2014 might be a better year for him. If Coriolanus gets good reviews, he'll go into the year with that and then Crimson Peak films.
- OLLA has been seen by the film press since Cannes, hence why he didn't get as much reaction at TIFF. It's old news.
Reaction was overwhelming positive, though
- I think he looked fine in the Coriolanus promo video though he did seem to get a bit emotional towards the end of the clip. But that's just Hiddleston. By now it's apparent he's passionate about Shakespeare, so it's no surprise.
Re: film projects fall through, get postponed & cancelled all the time. It goes with the territory. But he did have more than his share of it this year. Hopefully 2014 is better.
- he looks sleepless in that video
- I sincerely hope he does not give us a weepy Coriolanus. That is one character who Does. Not. Weep. Read the play. He will need to turn off the emo and dig a bit deeper. I don't doubt his love of Shakespeare, but he does ladle on the gush a lot. Surely it is possible to love Shakespeare without doing that. It is starting to feel like his automatic response to everything.
I look forward to OLLA whenever it shows up in theatres, but I don't doubt for a minute that this is primarily a Tilda film. If she had been at TIFF, there would have been buzz. It just follows her around.
- It is starting again.
- It was always meant to be a Tilda film. I think Jim and Tilda had been working on it for a very long time and Eve was written for her.
RE: weepy Coriolanus. He was crying in those promo shots so it looks like he's going for the woobified version which the fangirls will no doubt love.
- R105 Lol, that article is embarrassing, not just for how they twisted the truth to create some sort of romance, but also because it's so amateurish. Even TH stans can do better than that.
- It has never disappeared, 105.
There are three totally moronic sites: this kpopstarz, enstarz and fashion&style or something of the kind. They repost the same shit over and over again, once in a week at least. I guess, they kind of gain more viewers with posting something connected to British or American stars. They almost all the time mention Chastain in these articles too.
- Sorry. Did not realize that. Thank you for pointing it out.
- "The guys at Marvel said, ‘Can you put on as much muscle as you can in six weeks?’ "I went from 180lbs to 198lbs, and had only 7% body fat. I still have the pictures to prove it."
Guys, I'm gonna need to see those pictures, I cannot imagine this guy with any kind of muscle mass
- Tom Hiddleston is really more of a supporting actor.
- R105/R109 It is pathetic the way these hack sites keep recycling old, made-up crap! It's easy for someone who missed it the first time around to think it's new three or four months later.
FWIW, a critic friend of mine saw OLLA, said it was good but slow moving. He raved that Tilda owns the movie. But that's coming from a straight guy. Others might feel differently :-)
- Actually if you watch Wallander (season 2), you can see what he looked like when he was buffing up to be Thor.
More importantly, you can see why they did not cast him in that role.
I have no doubt he put on muscle, but it would take major steroids to turn him into anything resembling Hemsworth. He just doesn't have that masculine beefcake thing going on. At all. As it stands, I think he is going to be a pretty stringy Coriolanus.
Would someone please explain why he wears the same damned shirt all the time? He looks so seedy in that video!
- He probably feels comfortable and dapper wearing that white shirt. Or it may be sort of a grown-up version of safety blanket.
- NO NO NO NO NO NO CORIOLANUS CAN'T BE WEEPY! "Why did you wish me milder? Would you have me false to my nature? Rather say I play the man I am." Coriolanus is not about some poor little exiled hero, Coriolanus is about an almost sociopathic full on narcissist aristocrat, his fucked up mother and their nearly incestuous relationship.
- R110, here is Tom with more muscle weight on him. He really does look much better with more meat on his bones.
- It's a crisp white shirt he can wear with everything, why is this an issue? Is this a fangirl thing? Don't worry girls, he probably has several different white shirts, he doesn't need you to take him shopping. Everyone has that one shirt they like very much, I have mine in every neutral colour so I can wear it with different outfits. But I guess that becomes a thing when you have a hoard fangirls inspecting your buttons to find out what brand you're wearing. Poor guy.
- Didnt luke evans get the role?
- Thank you R115! My thoughts exactly. He's already getting it wrong.
The white shirt is seedy and ugly and makes him look like a repressed buttoned up tightass who can't cut loose. Come on TH, throw something new into the rotation. Get some imagination!
- Yep, that is circa Wallander, when he had much more hair as well. I recognize those mom jeans. Where were these pictures taken? It's so charming.
- I don't think he'll make Coriolanus a weeper, I mean you'd need to go totally against everything, simply from the way it's written you cannot make it anything less than harsh.
I don't know why those posters include tears but I don't expect that to translate into an emo Coriolanus.
He must know Shakespeare enough to know that
- And btw it's not just him, there'll be a director I hope
- One does hope there is a director. So whose idea were the tears? Sorry ladies, I know you like to think he's the last word on Shakespeare, but I think this production is being played straight to the fangirls.
- I always try to score tickets from 10 pound mondays and stuff but for this I'm not even going to try. There's no way anyone can get tickets without being trampled by crazed fangirls. Such a shame.
- Poor Mark Gatiss
- [R124]I was thinking the same, the whole thing sold out in under 20 minutes so those Barclay tickets will be like the hand of God and many a maniac will camp out I fear.
I'd maybe give it a go later in the run,like February,when most people have had the chance to drool and fancraze and they maybe don't need to do it 15 times
- Its such a boring play.
- No, no it isn't! It's a wonderful play! I just doubt TH's ability to pull it off.
Those pictures are really unfortunate. So this is what he looks like when he lives on boiled chicken and protein powder and works out for four hours a day? It feels like a sadistic joke on Branagh's part to lead him to think that he was ever a contender to play Thor.
- R128 It's such an Odin thing to do, fucked up parallel lives with Loki. Makes me think they knew he was going to be Loki all along.
- I think Branagh just wanted to see how many hoops they could make him jump. "Let's see if we can get him to eat a bug now...."
- I agree R128, I can't imagine anyone really saw him as Thor. It was kind of delusional on his part to think that he could gain enough weight (in 6 weeks no less!) to play that role.
- 6 shows a week plus 2 on Thursdays, December through early February.
Fan gurls should be able to see their unicorn prince many times over.
- Agree he was not Thor material. His voice is not commanding and his face is too angular and sharp. They cast him correctly as Loki, sneaky, cunning and slight of build. I saw an interview where he whinged on how he worked out too, as if no one had noticed him. He seems to have what I call 'gym only' muscles. If he did not work out he would appear stringy.
- Another interview today. One a day. In the next month he's gonna be everywhere
- Loki loki loki is he the only one who promote this film? Where are Hemsworth, Eccleston?
- Where in God's name is Eccleston btw? Haven't seen or heard from him at all,is he kept in hiding until the premiere?
- I'm only interested in seeing Eccleston but Hiddleston is determined to hog all the pr going. I really dislike this guy.
- There's an interview with Eccleston in the new Total film magazine. It has a huge feature on Thor 2 in which naturally Tom features heavily.
He seems to be doing all of the press - he's doing a Q&A in Australia in October. Chris seems to be over the whole Thor thing. It's his movie and he's done hardly any press, everything is based around Loki.
- R138 does it say when TH will be in Australia for this Q&A?
- Eccelston is also featured prominently in an interview w/pictures in the October issue of the UK-based Empire magazine. It's been out in the UK for the past month but is just now hitting the newstands in the US. They have 2 covers: one of Thor and one of Loki. The Loki issues are selling out.
TH isn't "hogging" the spotlight; he's been asked and as always has been very willing. AND he's had time in his schedule. CH has been busy filming other movies and promoting Rush. He has been doing phone interviews from his location shoots which is not the same as Hiddles appearing everywhere. I don't think the producers have as much sway with Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman, neither of whom is going to trip over themselves to promote the movie although did appear at Disney D23 event. And Portman wants out of the franchise. If we don't see a lot more of CH promoting Thor in the run up to the premiere something is seriously wrong.
But yeah, it would be nice to see Eccleston and Hemsworth step up.
- In fairness, Thor is coming out and someone has to promote it. If TH has the time and the energy, I think he is to be commended for giving it everything he has. I agree with Emma Thompson that actors should have a good attitude about promotion, and I am tired of the ones who believe they are above it all.
Promotion is one thing TH is very willing to do, and yes, I think he realizes that this is his chance to promote himself as well as his project, and make the best possible impression in Marvel. He is absolutely saccharin, predictable, and tiresome, but they need somebody. He must realize that his career is not on the same trajectory as Hemsworth's. Loki is his ace in the hole, so we should expect him to work it for everything he is worth.
Which means total over-saturation. By the time this movie actually comes out, I think we will all be sick to death of TH and Loki. Natalie Portman is at least doing some interviews and putting out some effort, but where is everyone else?
For my part, I think Thor 2 will be successful enough, but absolutely dreadful. What I have heard about the script is not good. Half-assed writing, and 11th hour patching up by Joss Whedon.
- R139 Here, on Oct. 8th Q&A live on stage with TH.
- [R138] is it just me or does Eccleston come off as an utter douche in that interview?
- Yes, he'll be in Australia on Oct 8th, no NewYork Film Festival as you can read here.
He will surely be at BFI though.
- The Australian Q&A is on 8th October. I think you need to apply for tickets via a ballot through Popcorn Taxi or something.
And I'm sick of the sight of Loki already. I agree that the film will probably be successful in a Spiderman 3/Iron Man 2 sort of way. A terrible film that people still go and watch because it's in the franchise.
Tom obviously likes doing press and the press like dealing with him so it's a win-win. Even though he just rehashes the same phrases ad nauseam.
- don't be mean to a guy who got raped at eaton! he's probably still very traumatized by that you know.
- Raped? Jesus I love this place
- “I started [interacting] because it was nice to have my own voice. But I feel Twitter is kind of like a school noticeboard – some people put up important information, some put up graffiti, some put up jokes and some put up really terrible things. People, on the whole, are really nice to me. But I have been in receipt of astonishing levels of vitriol and hatred. People will say the crudest, most offensive things, and you have to avoid getting into that. You have to be very careful not to be drawn into the riptide of the most destructive and cynical aspects of it.”
So he starts saying something
- R146 does this mean we're finally getting some tea?
- R148 where is this interview?
- total film issue
- As far as twitter goes, he gets far more love than hate. How much omg Hiddles is the most inspirational/perfect/amazing man in existence does he get? all those silly girls putting him on a pedestal.
- R151 Interesting tidbit from the Total Film mag interview: Loki does not appear in the Thor 2 post credit sequence.
Even if there is a Thor 3, it probably won't hit screens for two or three years. Hiddleston is smart to promote Loki as much as he can because that's where most of his fanbase is. If he never becomes a leading man a la Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Sean Penn et al, he will still have a successful career as a character actor. He may surprise and prove his detractors wrong although I suspect 10 years from now Loki will still be considered his signature role. That's not bad. Most actors never get that level of notoriety/recognition.
- [R146] Who got raped now? Ear raped by shit music doesn't count here
And where is this [R148] from?
- look comment below, it's from total film issue
- From Total Film
Really it was more fun than should be allowed,” smiles Hiddleston when Total Film meets him for lunch in London a couple of months later. He’s dressed in a blue suit, his fair hair closely cropped and has arrived alone. No Tesseract or Chitauri chariot. “I love playing him, and it was such a nice way of saying thank you to all the people who loved it and supported the film and the character. It felt so amazing on the stage because it wasn’t a one-man show; it was a 7,001 show. The audience were as much a part of the performance as I was.
(loved this next part)
In the theatre, if the audience is falling asleep, it’s incredibly hard for the actors to not respond to that. It sort of feels like someone’s falling asleep on you in bed. It’s like, ‘Am I that boring?’ But if the audience are chanting your name…” And how.
He does read some of these fan sites it seems, making his interviews a tad bit more entertaining.
Wonder if he HAS had someone fall asleep on him in bed? LOL
- If he's logorrheic as usual I bet it's happened
- [R156] From what I gather, he makes sure nobody falls asleep on him in bed
- "On you" uh uh someone likes woman riding
- Who said what about rape? O.o
- He got raped at Eton? By prince William I hope
- The rape comment was no doubt trolls. Someone wanting to stir things up. They couldn't even spell Eton correctly.
- [R162] You'd think they could at least be more creative
- The troll should have at least spelled Eton correctly.
- Trolls. Pfft.
So "vitriol and hatred"? I dunno, I spend a lot of time on twitter and what I have seen there are fan girls falling over themselves worshipping at the TH altar. "Pay attention to me! Follow me! Marry me!" It's the Tumblr crowd. That and some bonafide crazy people who he actively eggs on because he seems to really need the approval.
Everywhere else, yeah, he seems to get criticized and trashed on a regular basis. DL is the bitchiest. CB is the funniest. It's too bad he cannot see just how much he walks right into that.
This is a really good interview though. I think the fact that he showed up without his constant minder Luke Windsor says everything. Hiring a PR guy to follow you everywhere? THAT my friends is cynical.
- I don’t know what he means exactly by “vitriol and hatred”, but once I saw a reply to one of his usual UNICEF posts. Someone wrote something like “yes, Hiddles, don’t hesitate to spend one of your millions on this”. So, may be, he was offended by something of the kind, I don’t know. They say that he received assaults after he had ignored that UNICEF event in the park. May be, he was talking about that?
I have no idea how Twitter works, I guess he receives tons of messages a day. Is it even possible to look through all of them?
- He does look at them because he always manages to respond to journalists and celebrity friends, but he ignores fan comments these days.
I can believe the crude stuff; lots of girls tweeting him after watching his nude scenes and such. but vitriol? Doubtful. He has been rightfully criticised for his (non) charity work and silly stunts like Live Below the Line but acting like he has to stay away from Twitter due to the huge amount of abuse he receives is kind of hilarious.
- If you click "Expand" on anyone's post, you can see all of the replies they have received. You can only receive private messages from people you have actually followed back. It is wise to limit one's follows to select group.
I would not be surprised if TH got some snark and criticism, especially when he was tweeting his meals from his Belsize Park mansion and then didn't show up at a Unicef event where he was expected, but I would hesitate to call this "vitriol and hatred." It sounds like he is easily wounded by anything that falls short of absolute approval, and that to me says "entitlement."
Want vitriol and hatred TH? Walk in Lena Dunham's shoes for a day. Until you do that, shaddap.
- I have clicked through from time to time to read the comments he gets. Mostly it is an ocean of "Follllooowwwwww meeeeeeeeee!!!" and "OMG! My ovaries are exploding!!!!!!" and "OMG!!!! SONG OF THE DAY!!! I am going to listen to nothing but Sigur Ros all day because of you Tom!!!!"
I would find this tiresome. He clearly does not.
I have seen the occasional person nudge him. For example, when he tweeted about the British government's decision to not go to war with Syria, a few people chided him for his very carefully worded to avoid all controversy post with a "So Tom, what is your opinion on this?" That is about as harsh as anyone gets with him. I would not call that vitriol.
Mostly when he responds to a tweet or a reply, it is only to kiss up to whatever celebrity, director, or journalist he is trying to cultivate. It is really, really obvious.
- oh, the rape comment was originally from the "celebrities who were raped" thread. I just repeated it. no doubt a troll but I thought it was more amusing than the usual bitchery in these threads.
- Now that he has quite a few interviews available to read/watch, I'm realising that he incapable of actually having an opinion about anything. From his fence-sitting over Syria, the public schools issue and any other questions that would involve any sort of debate or discussion. He happily answers those questions, and usually quite verbosely but manages to give a non-answer every time. Like he is terrified of upsetting anyone or causing a kerfuffle like Cumberbatch's poshgate situation. Maybe it's just Luke hovering over him but he's like a robot.
- BC might cause an occasional kerfluffle, but he has integrity. He will come out and say what he really means and is confident enough in himself to take the chances.
TH is just a big baby who needs everyone to love him.
- I assumed the vitriol was referring to the posts on the gossip sites, like here and CB. After the Ironman 3 premiere (where he brought John Macmillan and there was open speculation as to his sexuality), he posted whiny quote from King Lear on twitter about "being killed for sport."
Basically, I assumed he was referring to the open speculation and found it hurtful.
That's about the time he went silent.
- Oh I remember that whiney quote. Wah, wah, wah. Poor little Hiddles.
He seems to be really sensitive to suggestions that he is gay.
Sorry, that is not vitriol or hate.
- That was followed shortly thereafter by the most fascinating and shortest thread in datalounge history. It was anonymous, and the title was something like
"For the record, I'm not gay."
Then the OP later posted "I had to look up humble bragging."
The OP remained anonymous. People began posting guesses as to who he or she was, and then the thread went poof.
- That thread was hilarious, I thought it was a joke, but it was deleted very quickly. Sorry to bring this up on DL again, but I am betting the whole gf business is going to be wheeled out, just in time....for film promotion. I am now completely convinced that whole Wimbledon pic was a pr stunt, which sort-of backfired (because either TH or his pr are paranoid about gay rumours) and the FWB may reappear again (judging by what a friend saw tonight). Honestly this guy is so concerned with his image, he can't even seem to have a private life.
- "Honestly this guy is so concerned with his image, he can't even seem to have a private life."
That is pretty much all he is about. Good luck to any girl/guy who has to put up with that ego.
What did your friend see tonight?
- "judging by what a friend saw tonight"
- “FWB may reappear again” – for what, to ensure a total collapse among his target audience right during the promotion of Thor and before Coriolanus? What was the point to hide her prior to that? It was much more appropriate to parade her all along since Wimbledon so his stans have time to cope before the promotion starts.
So, what exactly did you friend see tonight: TH with FWB or TH with… whom? Or it’s the same story as it was with GQ “debut”?
- My friend is sooo going to kill me....let's just say I'm very interested - from the whole pr side of things - what happens in the next few weeks. Thor 2 promo, LFF etc. Depends on what appears I may dish. It's actually pretty tame.
- Well, curiosity killed the cat, you know. If you’re so afraid your friend'll kill you why to start, in the first place?
Logically, nothing will happen in this department. If you say, it’s tame (means nothing “criminal”) and you’re SURE she was PR stunt, then there’s nothing to hide and she’ll not re-appear. He needs his fans full of love and adoration during the promo and before Coriolanus starts.
If your friend saw him with FWB again, then, of course, she'll re-appear. But in this case you're wrong and she is NOT a PR stunt, but his real GF.
Plain an simple.
- Don't be lame R180, tell us!
- "But in this case you're wrong and she is NOT a PR stunt, but his real GF"
R179 & R181 has pissed me off now, so no.
- Sorry, 183, but if I’ve pissed you off, it doesn’t mean that others must suffer. My most sincere apologies :)
- If he is gay, maybe he cannot come out of the closet because of the Marvel franchise, which I think is sad. I think he is bi and this Macmillan guy is just a fwb. Maybe this "Is he or isn't he?" talk is what shuts the TH threads down.
- [quote]The last 12 months have been a complete surprise, [...] I didn’t know it was going to turn out this way.[quote]
Exactly what I thought in R97.
- R171, he is afraid of upsetting the TPTB, which I find sad. Wish he would stand for something and stop being so afraid of what people would think.
- Oh I think our little friend who 'knows' TH 'friends' from RADA has returned with more 'tea'.
Please, you have no more real dish than last time, just idle hands, some spare time and a laptop. Go back to Tumblr.
- There's always a friend who saw god-knows-what. There's always a "I wish I could say but my friend is going to kill me" blah blah blah. Next one please!
- Why do people come in here going "Oh I know this and this but gosh golly I couldn't possibly say it!" ?
Does your gratification consist in how many begs and pleads you get out of people?
At this point, everyone who comes here with an introductory line like that is just looking for time to make up a proper story.
If you have it, say it, otherwise nobody will believe you know anything and will (as it already happened), by lack of proof, direct you back to Tumblr
- He's not gay, he can't be gay. have you see a gay with always same shirts or trousers? Or worst going around with a sort of life vest? Even the frumpiest of my gay friends dresses better than him
- People need to spill tea or get out. After the Troll-dar person nobody will believe you.
But I'd still like to hear it obviously.
- [R191] Oh wait, I thought those pictures were taken on the same day but he's wearing different shirts so that vest has seen the light of day more than once.
But your point is valid, no gay man would wear that.
- If there were any new tea on Hiddleston, Torrilla on Tumblr or at least the Daily Mail would have it, LOL! That lot manage to get pictures of him the minute he steps out of his house.
- R194 nah Torrilla only has access to public stuff (social media, tabloids, news etc) and Daily Mail buys stuff from the paps too. No one really has exclusive tea so this anonymous platform right here is the prime spot should anyone want to spill.
- If the tea spilled is of the same quality of the RADA troll, GQ's award, of that absurd one about the black model, well yawn, the only exciting thing is that we get to make fun of it.
I get better tea looking at these instagram pics by fans. Like the fact that he's always alone.
- he does not have any fashion sense. pics before he got famous make it clear. yet he constantly gets featured in "best dressed" lists on magazines, wearing one of the three outfits his handlers picked for him him. everything about this dude is fake, his image as some stylish gentleman, his utter lack of opinions, quoting others to look smart, the humblebragging, the constant ass-kissing, the fan pandering, every single thing. he does not have a single genuine bone in his body.
his fans buy it all, the whole unicorn-prince image. but they are only really interested in loki, so once our dear tommy is done with that role, it's going to be a harsh return to reality. he obviously can't function without adoration, but he isn't talented enough to get it anywhere except from the tumblr crowd. he's going to return to mediocre fame, never making it like fassbender or cumberbatch and it's going to drive him insane.
- I was noticing same thing, always alone. When people on twitter write they met him, at theatre or cinema they say he's alone. Last year a couple of times someone saw him with Sian but apart from that, nothing else
- I was only pointing out he's always alone (except when he goes to concerts with his buddy BC) since we have a new (or old) troll hinting at a possible JA revival.
- Just stumbled upon this and I know you will appreciate it
- Maybe when he says vitriol he talks about what happened with sian and jane
Maybe, just a though
- R201 I doubt that, he was specifically referring to twitter and fans.
- I heard some snark about JA, and quite a bit about how she is most likely a FWB, but no vitriol.
I think the bulk of the fan response was even more eye-socket searing: long Tumblr essays congratulating the couple on their pending nuptials, with a continuing undercurrent of exploded ovaries. I mean let's get real guys.
No, I think what TH means when he says "vitriol and hatred" is simply criticism. Everyone made fun of his ridiculous twitter feed, and only his most hardcore fans bought into his careful Happy Unicorn Prince "love your life!" motivational speaker persona.
He strikes me as someone who goes through life with a lot of unquestioned privilege and a strong sense of entitlement, and way too many hangups about how others perceive him. Why else would he hire a PR person to follow him everywhere? Nobody else does that. As others have observed, his lid is screwed on way too tight and he is way too controlling and desperate to not inspire distain.
This is not "negativity bias" or cynicism, contrary to what TH might think in that interview. There are plenty of wonderful, genuinely good-hearted people in the entertainment industry who don't inspire this reaction (Bill Murray, Tom Hanks, etc.) who are really good at just being themselves and living their lives. TH gets browbeaten because many of us deep down suspect it is just an act, and this perception is probably pretty accurate
- A good post. The sense of entitlement goes waaaay back to his House Captain school days. Of course, TH would disagree since he doesn't believe his school/parents/upbringing had any influence on him.
'I've always understood an inherited confidence to be false.'
- R204 LOL Easy for him to say, isn't it?
Of course he would argue that he has suffered and experienced unhappiness and insecurity, etc. Lots of first world problems which are so very very burdensome as we all know. Kind of like white guys who whinge about reverse discrimination.
He has absolutely no idea as to what he is talking about. The real problem is that he has no interest in changing that.
- Well say what you will about him but Hiddleston did a damn fine job in the Hollow Crown. Just watched Henry IV, Part 1 and it was terrific. Hiddleston and the entire cast was good in all their scenes. TH's Prince Hal did a spot on impression of Jeremy Irons' Henry IV in one of the scenes. He nailed Irons' voice to perfection. Simon Beale was wonderful as Falstaff.
Hiddleston doesn't do nearly as well when he tries to "act" his public personna in all of these canned interviews.
- How dare you say that. He travelled to a deprived country, Africa, and learned about poor people and hugged some black children. He truly, truly (truly) cares.
Funny you should mention the reverse discrimination. The quote I posted was from a Daily Mail interview which was full of this crap.
'The one thing I despise is how everything artistic, political or intellectual has to be refracted through this prism of class consciousness. It probably is more sensitive to me but everything becomes really narrow-minded and pedantic and bigoted.’
Bigoted. Yes, really. He said that.
Boohoohoo he's suffered from so much discrimination in his life:
‘But I’m wary of labels,’ he says. ‘As an actor, the labels that are so easily attachable to me – like Old Etonian or Cambridge graduate or Rada alumnus – are, in a way, the least interesting things about me. I’ve had to do a lot of work taking off those jackets. The last thing I ever want is to be pigeon-holed.
‘I was meeting lots of casting directors and you’d feel the atmosphere change in the room when I said where I went to school. It’s true of everyone in this country; we’re all so much more than we’re allowed to be by this predisposition to keep people in their lane.’
I can see where he's coming from but it comes across as whining about his privilege. You've probably read those quotes before but when you look at them, he just sounds ridiculous.
- Wow, this man really does not get it on any level does he? He really believes HE is the one who suffers in this equation?
Does he really not see that the opportunities that have been so richly available to him without questioned ARE DENIED to the vast majority in his own country?
I could go on, but this is the problem. He really does not believe that inequality is actually the problem, and does not believe that it is in any way his job to address this. This is inexcusable.
Fucking silver spoon baby trust fund wanking clueless tosspot.
And no, his performance in the Hollow Crown is fine, but not great, groundbreaking, or astonishing. As Henry V, he was mediocre at best. There was a good reason why he was passed over for the BAFTA.
- Why did Cumberbatch get so much shit over his reasonable whining when his friend can pull it off so much more so flawlessly? Tom should be a good friend and give Cumberbum some tips.
- His utter self-absorption is astonishing in its breadth.
How do you take a publicity stunt to Africa for UNICEF- only to come away with how it affected YOU(read the summary he wrote for that paper)? How can you possibly "live below the line" in your millionaire's home- and post pictures/videos of YOUR meager meals? Why would you be interviewed on the DVD for The Hollow Crown- where *everyone else* is talking about the production, story, Shakespeare- and YOU namedrop that YOU were working "on that comic-book film?" Did you hear that? Not a single other person even referenced their own (much more extensive) CV. Just this guy. Comic-Con, anyone? ALL he blathered on about was how HE "felt the wave of energy" from the crowd of (millions). Ugh. Not, hey, I hope all the comic book ppl had fun, doing their crazy stuff! Nope- all about HIM.
You wonder why he's always alone? What sane woman (or man) would be able to stand being around a person who refers EVERYTHING back to himself? ALL THE TIME. Honestly, his favorite words are I and me. Read his interviews. Yapping about his taste in music, he says, "When I was at university- CAMBRIDGE!" Who cares where YOU went to school a decade ago????
His arrogance is insufferable, if you actually read/listen to what he says. And yet, there he is, every day, thinking he is worshipped.
He does not possess the talent that goes with his ego (his fake, humble Disney Prince Charming schtick notwithstanding). He's not in the league of Fassbender, Hardy, Cumberbatch, Whishaw, etc.
His fall from fame- once Loki is over- will be rough on him. He seems to feed off this adulation. Good thing he's independently wealthy.
- The thing is that TH is a typical representative of upper middle class. Well, he says he’s middle class. If I’m not mistaken, Vesteys were billionaires in 80s. I bet his mothers’ family influence has always been and still remains to be very significant. A certain way of living (quite private usually), well thought-out statements, decorous behaviour - all this is the result of privileged upbringing. I doubt we’ll have TH saying or doing something really interesting and straightforward any time soon. Most probably the recipe will remain the same: well-bred, well educated, very polite man, but neutral, almost sterile and boring.
As one of my friends once said about her billionaire boss: “He’s not with us anymore”. These people live in their own clueless world.
What woman will want to be with him? The one after his trust fund and fame will gladly eat all his shit, I assure you.
- He doesn't believe that inequality is the problem, it's everyone else's problem for making it a talking point. How dare anyone suggest that he got to top schools and enjoys a career out of everything being handed to him on a plate. He's endured hard grit, endless toil, near starvation all his life I'm sure.
- The Vestey's were/are billionaires, notorious tax dodgers and the Vestey's bought a baronetcy and a pile of land when a war broke out.
I wonder why his mother married someone from a lower class who was 12 years older than she. He must have been able to keep her in the style she'd expect. Nannies and Eton for the kiddos.
- [quote]I wonder if they'll go censor Celebitchy, ONTD and Lipstick Alley as well so poor rich unicorn prince doesn't get upset.
They left Female First and came here.
- I think most of you here just have an envy issue going on. And that sparks a lot other shrink observations...
Everyone thinks their life is the toughest, you think that and he thinks that and your mother and his mother before him thought that. It's natural,stop projecting it on the first guy whose face you don't like.
Some might see him as a unicorn rainbow fairy,some don't, but all of his threads turn into rants about where he went to school.And for people who dislike him,you sure do read all of his interviews. I mean I kinda like him and I haven't read 99% of the interviews you're quoting..
- 210 anonymous. I think I love you. Thanks for putting my issues with Hiddleston across so well. People are so gullible about him. He isnt good enough to kiss the feet of Fassbender and Cumberbatch.
- R203 yeah but the snark on JA didn't happen on twitter, it mainly happened here on DL, some on CB, that was it. (nothing compared to what Susannah faced, a site dedicated to bash her)
In that interview, TH was referring to twitter only and the kind of messages he receives. Many people forget that there are also DM in twitter, so yeah the majority of replies are adoring messages from his fangirls, but we don't know what kind of spam he gets via DM.
- I don't think he's a bad guy but he lacks of temperament
- [quote] What woman will want to be with him? The one after his trust fund and fame will gladly eat all his shit, I assure you.
Wimbledon girl fit the description and yet he shut her out, likely for that very reason. I mean he keeps following Sian even if they don't hang out together anymore, but he unfollowed JA right away after founding out she ran her mouth.
- You can only DM on Twitter if the person you are DMing is also following you. It is very easy to keep your private messages reasonable.
- Really? Didn't know that, I've just read Stephen Fry complaining about DM spam so I thought it didn't have limitations.
Envy and jealousy are not the words you want. Look up what hypocrisy and pandering mean. Also, throw in oblivious. THOSE are what a lot of ppl have issues with this guy- not "jealousy".
That's a tween's word.
NO projections here. We call them like we see them. After watching/reading interviews with this actor, many drew conclusion about how HE is selling HIMSELF to the masses. Dude is a public figure- we're allowed to comment on him.
"I kinda like him" Clearly. THIS site is about gay gossip and pointless bitchery- says so in its title. We can rant if we'd like here (until Luke Windsor shuts down the thread). Perhaps you would feel more comfortable somewhere else, where TH is adored? May I suggest a site called Tumblr? You will find your soul sisters there, fawning over every inch of him- talk about PROJECTING...
Just because some do not worship your deity, does not mean they are not allowed to comment. Tumblr awaits you. I promise, you will LOVE that site. They are in group think about this guy. You will be happy there- never a bad word is spoken about him. Ever.
- R197, with such disdain for the man, why do you waste so much time and your life being the author of 40% of the comments in this thread, about Tom? I do worry about you and your mental state.
- Out of curiosity, what would be acceptable behavior and self-promotion from a person in his position.
Keeping in mind of course that his chosen profession requires self-promotion, or one does not get employment.
Anyone have any examples of people who comes from his "billions" who chose a public life in entertainment and behaved in a manner that you personally find acceptable?
Or should the rich just keep to their polo fields and leave acting to us earnest folk?
- Typos, apologies.
- [R222] You need to calm your panties and not get ever so defensive every time someone disagrees. You try to bully everyone who's not 100% into bitch mode but my dear love, I don't give a rat's ass about your bullying. I will state what I wish to state and so can you.
I'll give you many of the attributes that have been used to describe this dude but this constant "he's rich and we hate it" thing is a bit lame. He may just be utterly oblivious to how different his life has been,from that of the vast majority.
If you never have to face it, you don't really know what crap life can throw at you
- [R224] Thank you for that. I'd be curious to know the answers too
- R224 and R227 Hiddleston is an actor; self-promotion comes with the territory.
Hiddleston's problem is that he doesn't know when to shut up. He constantly opens his mouth and inserts both feet. Here's a classic example from a Feb. 2012 blurb in the UK Daily Mail:
"War Horse heart-throb Tom Hiddleston is troubled by the inverted snobbery in showbusiness. Speaking at the Esquire/Orange pre-Baftas party at the Savoy, the actor tells me: ‘Just because I’m perceived as being posh I fear I might not get a role playing an ordinary lad working in a mine.
‘I mean surely that’s what acting is all about.’ The Old Etonian, whose mother is part of the Vestey meat family, adds: ‘What people don’t realise is that on my father’s side, going back, they were actually working in the docks on the Clyde. I’m proud of my heritage on both sides.’
For an intelligent guy it's amazing how he fails to grasp that a posh fellow will gather no sympathy from the masses by complaining about alleged reverse discrimination. He then compounds his error by pointing out that some distant relatives were laborers. His comments in that article are akin to the Kennedys or the Rockefellers complaining about Affirmative Action!
Zip it, Tommy, Zip it!
- R181 & R184, R192 Just for you I return. R176 & R180 here. I have more dish. And btw, I'm not an old troll, TYVM, although I'm an irregular poster, I'm a regular to the site (the misogyny here is starting to get on my nerves a bit so I'm selective when I post). And R188 trolldar is your friend: I'm not the RADA poster either, go check. Still interested? I'm not impressed by what I've heard, so I don't think the majority of posters will like it either.
- Go for it, r 229. Life is short, gossip is good.
- And fair points, r228. Thanks for the link.
- R229 if "not impressed" means you now think worse of TH, here's the place where you can safely spill.
- Oh I do think worse - I like the guy, think he's talented, but really the pr really put me off before this w/e. Before I get accused of making this up, I may be vague because although I have dish, it will give away details of the area/address and that is going too far. Friend who lives locally saw Tom in a bar on Fri night, in fact he saw him in there a few weeks ago - on his own, same night he was on twitter. This time he didn't really notice until later in the night he was tucked away in corner, out of view of street, with a date. Pretty brunette was how she was described. He was talking to the nines. Friend left before them, but stopped off on the way and saw TH and his lady friend cross the street. Instead of going into T's big fuck-off they kept walking apparently to hers. I said did it look like the woman he was pictured with a few months ago and he said "looked like her".
- When did this guy employ the publicist everyone loves to hate? Because it strikes me that Hiddlestone's crassest remarks (ie the posh boy as victim of discrimination) are all quite old. Perhaps publicist is actually making the best of a bad job? Now we just get non-committal gushing instead of outright entitled wankiness?
- Sorry freudian slip "fuck-off HOUSE"
- And curiously today this tweet appears. Troll
- JA isn't a brunette, ombre hair took care of that.
I imagine you wrote that you think worse because you assume the girl is JA, but from a guy who says this, I really don't think she might be.
- Twitter stalker! That might be my source...
- It's just a research, your friend put her name in it. a computer genius
- What the hell is going on? Who is this Twitter person?
I wouldn't call JA a brunette. She's more blonde I'd say.
- R236 good debunk job! source troll wrote tweeted to TH too.
Besides, since when jane lives near hiddleston?
- Our troll is on twitter? LOL
- Jane lives in Hampstead.
Trolls trolls everywhere
- A lot of troll lives in hampstead too
- Sorry guys there's more...my source went into the cafe today for his coffee hangover cure, after the lunch time rush, and they were in there, cozying up on the sofa. He was talking alot, she was lapping it up. Usually TH sits in the more communal areas alone (or quite often with what appears to be his asst). Friend said it was definitely her, the record company pr exec, or whatever. He's positive about it, saw her from a distance on Fri and at night, she has highlights.
- oh come on, and nobody took a pic? there are pic of him on the subway and no one takes on with him in a cafè cozying up with a girl?
- R242 I'm on twitter but that's not me
- So he's hidden her for almost three months and now he hugs her in public cafè? yeah sure
- And he unfollowed her, tell her who follow and unfollow on twitter, leave her at home at every events. this is a wonderful love story people
- R248, no outside her place
- does she have a sofa outside her place?
- R251 No silly, after they left. They were having an intimate moment outside her place. Friend said in his hungover state he didn't think to get a pic, he said he'll try next time (if there is one LOL). It's obviously an FWB to me - why hook up with her when he's about to promote 2 films, travel (Australia & China next week apparently), getting some action before he goes I guess.
And R243 that's the kind of info I didn't want to post, my source is an estate agent (in the US called a realtor) and he looked her up, she's obviously a convenient hook up.
- R249 Exactly. Sounds just like how TH would treat his gf. Even Sian got better treatment than this.
- Why is the unfollowing such a big deal? Maybe they want to stay away from attending events together for whatever reason, and I'm sure there are numerous. If they were just FWB, why take her to cafes for snuggle time? and go to bars?
Why smooch outside when you can smooch inside away from people?
- He takes her to her place and locks her for another three months. Personally, just to be sure
- R253 That just show's she's not his gf, just a hook-up. What happens in the next few weeks will tell. And R254 I agree, that's what I thought at the time, she's on the down-low. He says they weren't making out in the cafe, just cosy. TH was talking when he went in there that's what drew his attention.
I've never had an FWB so I don't know how these things work, but maybe he likes the company, but not the commitment who knows.
- TH is cosy with everything and everyone even his breakfast
- Oh the troll on twitter is gone. how strange
- R254 so why he brought her to wimbledon, to a public occasion full of media, if he didn't want unwanted attention? He wasn't shy when he was with Susannah. If he unfollowed her he had reasons. Come on we eviscerated this in other threads.
- Yeah thanks R241 my source got nervous and deactivated his twitter, he's worried about his job. Very fed up with his neighbours though....
- Is she his next door neighbour or something?
I guess they deleted themselves or tom jumped on them straight away.
- And btw she unfollowed her but she never unfollowed him good for someone's trying to be down-low
- In the beginning of 2012 there was a story about FWB model, which is very similar to this JA story. There was also “a friend of a friend” who said that they had some kind of weird relationship, mostly using each other, but TH “treated her well”, whatever it means.
He unfollows JA on twitter, he tells her what to do with her twitter, he doesn’t take her to his place, he “sits in the corners with her”, he doesn’t take her to events. She lives by HIS rules. For me she is FWB, nothing more.
Obviously, she wants to be more than that, but it doesn't seem to work.
- Better, she lives by his PR rules
- What did the tweet say? It's deleted.
And do all you fake anons live in Belsize Park? Fucking doubtful.
- 1 to her:
@janearthy did you have a good time on Fri night? You know he's only using you, guess if that's what you want...
3 to him:
@twhiddleston getting some action at last Tom?
@twhiddleston honestly though, bit close to home isn't it?
@twhiddleston I mean, talk about love thy neighbor.....
A couple of old unrelated tweets but nothing else. Doesn't look like a regular user.
- Well then, I'm curious if anything happens at any of the premieres in the next weeks or if there's going to be endless room for speculation until some other woman pops up and everyone freaks out.
Either way, to assume he's not getting any is just ridiculous. And he seems polite enough to not be an ass to the women he's banging.
But I'd really find it interesting if there'd finally be serious proof of him and Jane being...well anything
- [R266] someone actually tweeted that? was that the source thet fears for his job? For someone concerned for his job, those are not vastly clever tweets to send out
- Watched Devil Deep Blue recently. Depressing with horrible violin background music.
- Maybe at BFI, but if he didn't bring her at GQ party I doubt he'll do it at BFI
- [R 269] That movie is not to be watched. A friend made me watch it last week and I regret it ever since
- Dreadful film, though Rachel Weisz and SRB are always good.
R249, personally I wouldn't tolerate even a FWB treating me like a convenience on the backstairs, which is how this sounds to me. Ugh. This reflects very badly on TH. Perhaps he is a feminist when it suits his purposes, but is happy to make use of people the rest of the time.
I also agree though that there is no shortage of men and women who will fawn all over a celebrity and be exactly what they want him to be. Such is the way of power imbalances. Again, ugh.
- Whatever's going on in his life, his tumblrites don't seem too aware.
- Of course there is still the possibility that this person didn't see what they think they saw, or that it's a phony story to begin with. If it is a true story and it's the same woman from Wimbledon, I'm surprised she's going along with all of this. It's kind of ridiculous.
Time will tell, I suppose...
- I think he’s realized long time ago that she’s his stan. And she’s exactly the type who’ll tolerate anything and everything just to have an access to TH, according to rumours about her.
And back to the story with this FWB model in early 2012, it was said that TH “didn’t want any commitment”. Well, his choice, obviously, but if JA agrees to that, this can’t reflect badly on TH in any way. It speaks volumes about her.
- Tumblr is mainly for squeeing over pictures, and not much talking.
Even if this is bull, it's still fun to read. Funny how so many people who live around the area pop up on here...
Agree with R263 . If they are banging, it's because she likes having a secret celebrity fwb and he gets action close to home where few people know what he's up to. Their business. But probably his rules. He's the one who travels a lot and he'll be in Canada filming Crimson Peak early next year. Maybe she'll visit him on set like Susannah did when he was making the Avengers.
- Susannah was his official gf, he never hide her, contrarily
"when the cast had a day off from filming battles by Grand Central Terminal, being able to take his girlfriend, Susannah Fielding, on a dream date.
“It was just a classic New York day — U.S. Open, Central Park, Sondheim on Broadway. Just a great day,” he says."
- twitter troll is back, all scream PHONY
- It's funny that everyone saw him alone (twitter instagram) and your friend met him with a girl, the same girl, not once but twice actually
- R278 yeah but know is private.
The JA thing died the day after wimbledon.
TH said pretty much so in an interview at SDCC.
"you go on with your life, falling in and out of love"
- R278 & R279 Twitter stalker! I'm guessing English isn't your 1st language. Go back and read my desc, my source has seen TH on his own, in fact recently most of the time, maybe with his asst, that's why he also thought this was a FWB situation. TH is friendly and talkative with acquaintances esp women (who usually approach him btw), and he's also spoken to him before. He didn't this time though; he said she was "pretty full of herself, laughing at everything he said", he got his coffee and got out of there. I've seen TH too when I've been over that way - I saw him in the high street, baseball hat, ray bans (looking hot if I may say). No sign of a companion, male or female, on a Saturday afternoon.
And R280 - in and out of bed as well, judging by this weekend.
- Oh God, this is absolutely bizarre! I mean, talk about putting two and two together and making five. Do some of you know how demented you sound?
No one knows what he gets up to. If he doesn't want people to know what he's doing - and God knows I wouldn't in his position - then you won't know!
Do you guys really think he would take an FWB to the Wimbledon final? The most watched sporting event of 2013. Really? Really???!!!!
And why would she be following Twitter accounts related to him? Surely that would be the quickest way of putting him off?
And this Twitter troll - weird, but the sighting sounds genuine IMHO.
Who knows if they are still together but all this snidely vitriol about her is ridiculous. He could be married with five kids for all anyone knows - and that's the point - right now he doesn't want you to know.
- Which says he is capable of being a decent BF when it suits him-- and using a woman like a footstool when it suits him. This bit with JA sounds deplorable. I wouldn't tolerate that even from a FWB.
- But they could well have been dating solidly since July - just because they haven't been spotted together doesn't mean he hasn't been wining and dining her since July? The point is - nobody knows!!
- Here we go tumblr
- No not Tumblr, common sense! All this making presumptions business. Awful!
- R282 It's funny because both of those things are true.
Taking her to Wimbledon and introducing her to journalists was weird. Her Twitter fangirling is weird but also happened. Especially since she follows actual fangirls.
- Yeah introducing her as his gf and then hiding her, that's quite interesting too
- Hello there Tumblr crowd and Twitter crazies!
JA is a fwb, and is old news, and TH is just another sexual opportunist. I suspect, based on his behavior, he actually cared about Susannah. I see no evidence of love or regard in this current thing. He hides her. There is no real reason to do that. It's not how a man acts toward somone who matters
And yes, we know, anything could be happening behind closed doors. Somehow I doubt there is much there there.
- Well if you want my 2 cents...I did try to point this out in my post the other night. That whole Wimbledon pic stank of pr to me, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his publicist's idea. An industry poster did point this out some time ago on an older thread; gay rumours are a career-killer for an actor. As TH is to all appearances single, those rumours keep appearing, so having a date and hinting that it was his gf can put those rumours to rest. It makes him attractive to a wider mainstream audience - and it got him in the DM and on high profile gossip sites (like Lainey).
And I doubt they've been dating all this time, someone would have spotted them, unless he's been sneaking over to hers, or visa versa LOL.
- Yes, I agree. Where TH has been dating her, in someones’ basement? No one saw them, it's impossible. If you “date” someone, not casually, but exclusively, and you care, you don’t do it behind closed doors. If you hide, it’s called FWB.
- That's the point I'm trying to make - restaurants have back doors, so do bars and if they had been together this whole time, it's *entirely* possible they wouldn't have been seen together... It's only been a few months after all.
You see what you are allowed to see...
- I thought the same thing. TH has been spending a lot of time blowing and buttering up the Disney execs, and I think being gay or bi when you want to work for Disney, which is known for its conservatism, is especially a career killer. Yes, in this day and age.
I heard that he proposed to Susannah and wanted to get this marriage and family thing done, and was hard hit when she dumped him because being single at this point in a career can be very precarious for all kinds of reasons.
- R291: yes. You do it quietly when you get that much crazy coming at you on Twitter and Tumblr. You fly under the radar. Who wants to deal with that? Or to potentially lose fans?
It doesn't matter anyway, the boy is the DL Candyman. We've said his name too many times now so this thread will be deleted...
- R294 "DL Candyman" ROFLMAO!!!!
With all the attendant frenzy after Wimbledon and given the ubiquitous nature of Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram et al, Hiddleston could qualify as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D if he managed to keep ANY girlfriend/boyfriend secret for four months.
He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't: if he does have a SO and makes her public, that person will be subjected to all sorts of abuse. If he and JA are the real deal and he's been hiding her in the basement, he'll suffer the backlash of being on the down-lo and still lose many fangirls immediately. Fame and and fangirls are fickle.
- "Or to potentially lose fans?"
"he'll suffer the backlash of being on the down-lo and still lose many fangirls immediately. Fame and and fangirls are fickle."
If he has any-- ANY-- emotionally maturity or faith in his talent, this should not matter to him one iota.
But it does.
He needs fans. He needs adoration from the Tumblr crowd and all their exploding ovaries. Hates being stalked, but panics if he is not the center of teenybopper obsession. It is though he doesn't exist if fans are not looking at him, so stunts to keep them looking are continuous.
If he really cared about his relationships or wanted privacy, that would be easy to accomplish, and plenty of actors accomplish it. But he cares much more about losing a few psycho fans.
He can't do that part, and that is his failure.
- "Fame and and fangirls are fickle."
This is the reason why true artists focus on their craft and not on trying to control how total strangers feel. TH isn't a true artist. He knows this is his one shot, and that he is easily forgotten outside of playing Loki.
- 296 & R297: I agree with all of this -- particularly about the emotional maturity part. It's one thing to be on the down-lo; it's quite another story to hide out to appear single for the sake of fangirls. Either way, it doesn't say much for his sincerity if appearances and fangirl adoration supercede a real relationship.
Again no one knows what's up with him other than his craving for attention/fame.
- All this story just appeared in Tumblr.
- NaughtyHiddles is a funny one. She also posts on LipstickAlley (hello!) and has gone to premiers to meet Tom before. She acts kind of cool on LA and writes huge investigating posts about his sex life on Tumblr. But she brings us the fun of his myspace chats and lapdancing photos so it's all good.
- Is she the one posting about this? I rather like her. She's fun. :-) Thanks to her, the banana incident will still be known long after TH is forgotten.
- Yes, it's Naughty and lots of reposts already.
- And I see she asked the obvious question anyone would ask: What self-respecting woman would let herself be treated this way? A fangirl, I guess.
And what man would regard cultivating fans to be more important than the woman he supposedly loves, presuming that is how he feels? The Hiddles.
- Well, JA has just got some additional “positive” PR.
Now TH will have nothing else to do but to parade her in case she means something to him, of course. So, let’s wait and see.
- ooh it's finally on tumblr? let's see how fast this thread goes to gossip heaven. if he really cruises his tag he'll jump right on it.
- Nope, useless already. It’s all over Tumblr. And if Naughty posts also on Lipstick then… but you never know. If it happens then we’ll have an evidence TH reads DL.
Unless it was not coincidence and TH wanted us to see her :)
- Well if you really, really want to go all conspiracy theory, maybe the person who posted here was JA herself, wanting to make sure we all knew about her, so that she can push the envelop a bit with TH.
I'm kidding of course.
But seriously, if he or she wanted everyone to know, why not just go out in public like any other couple, screw the fans? Ignore the gossip? Ignore the Tumblrs?
The reason why not: TH is an egotiscal deperate twit who googles himself too much and cares a lot about what is fans think, more than he cares about what his GF or FWB thinks.
I want this to explode and get comical.
- I'm surprised that no legitimate journalist has asked him if he has a GF since the question was posed nearly two years ago in the wake of his breakup with Susannah Fielding!
Even the most circumspect actor who keeps their private life private, will give a Yes or No answer if directly asked, even if they don't name the person.
- R307: Ask and Ye Shall Receive. Prepare to laugh:
"Tumblr: thinks he’s a gold plated unicorn virgin just waiting for them.
Twitter: has it’s suspicions about the status of his virginity, but still thinks he’s a virgin.
ONTD: thinks he’s a man slut, which if I was in his position, I would take advantage of in many positions.
OnHD: is realistic about his non existing virginity and wants to ride him into the sunset (thus the original tagline: “on Hiddles dick”, greatest tagline evah).
DL: thinks he’s having sex with Luke, and that Jane is a FWB beard.
CB: thinks he’s a tommyanne pollyanna who is a fame whore. Jane who?
Conclusion I have proof that he isn’t a virgin, at least half the internet seems to be on his dick since the Avengers came out, so he aint no virgin. LOL"
Seriously, this could be an SNL skit!
- He hasn't done the sort of interview that asks about gfs for a long time. He's done about twenty articles for empire magazine and lots of shakespeare interviews. no room for gf questions.
- It is pretty common for actors to give journalists a list of questions that cannot be asked, but it is usually reserved for very important, sensitive topics. For example, if you ever even think about asking Joy Foster about Hinkley, the interview ends immediately.
Sorry, but in this case I do not see what the big deal is. TH has cray cray fans because he has actively encouraged those cray cray fans. Everyone else in the biz has relationships, manages the press and gets on with it, he could as well. It's not that difficult.
His lid is screwed on so tight though and he has control issues on this subject. Which makes me say again, I pity any woman who actually attempts a real relationship with him.
- You read my mind, 307: I’m sure she’s posted here. You know, sometimes the most fantastic theories prove to be true.
“I want this to explode and get comical.”
I’m looking forward to this. And it explodes anyway, regardless of what TH does next: hides her deeper underground or parades her. Either way will be ugly.
- "TommyAnnE" has to be my absolute favorite. Those CB chicks have a field day with this guy, dress him up in all kinds of ridiculous outfits, spank him silly, and no, they don't give a rat's about JA. Who does, really? Clearly not even TH.
I hope to God that his self-googling takes him to that site. He would need the emergency vodka.
- R312, I wouldn't put it past her. By pushing the envelope, she could potentially put him into quite a predicament. Either go public with the relationship, give her a lot more power to call the shots and hold onto some of his honor, or make himself look like an absolute cynical POS excuse for a BF and watch his fandom blow up. She wouldn't be the first GF to resort to emotional blackmail to seal the deal on a relationship, or at least get some satisfaction.
This is al conceptual of course. Eheheheh. I want to see it explode just because I like seeing tea spill in big sloppy splashes ruining the drapes.
- Call me a cynic, 314, but I think this is exactly what she’s aiming at. She’s PR, after all, she knows how things work.
- Bless Naughty Hiddles. Bless you for posting that onto Tumblr and making sure TH himself sees it (and making sure those deluded fangirls see it too). *sits back with tub-full of popcorn waiting for shit to explode* I hope this thread doesn't get deleted.
- LOL. I doubt anyone saw TH making out with FWB, sounds contrived to me, but I am a cynic, need pics. I think a frau got bored with things and is yanking everyone's chain. Hungover or not, I would have papped that scene in a NY minute!
However that this so called tea got splashed outside these walls is a riot. Cannot wait for the fallout.
- Omg they censored Naughty Hiddles.
- I have a feeling this thread will be gone soon too.
- If it's his PR deleting all these threads and censoring people on tumblr, I think that's a worse reflection on him than the "gossip" that's been posted. Makes it look like he's image-conscious to the point of ridiculousness, or that he's got something to hide. Because honestly nobody's really revealed any earth-shattering information - there weren't even pictures of him with the gf/fwb/whatever she is. Just a story. No big deal, IMO. It is pretty funny to watch though.
- Wow, pr people can now have threads on DL deleted? Back to Tom, if his people are behind the locking/deleting of the TH threads, then yes, it does make him look super paranoid and controlling. Almost as much as Tom Cruise type controlling. All TH has to say is that he is a $cientologist then he is dead to me and I am a fan of his.
- This is all getting so exciting! Everything that spills tea gets deleted or censored!Someone must have pushed one right button at least
- Sleepless in Hampstead: censoring tumblr and reading gossip blogs.
- Is there any juicy commentary on current tea? I need something to read. I'm bored. Even fangirls defending him tirelessly is fun to read.
- OK let's see if we can shut this thread down.
Here is my theory on JA twitter stalker.
Ready? Deep breaths.
It. Was. Luke.
JA getting the big peen and not poor Luke.
Luke gnashing his teeth in sexual frustration as he stares in bar window then later beating his head against the wall as he watches the two in a sweaty public clench.
Runs home, downs some Grey goose vodka and starts Twittergate.
Now busy trying to erase all evidence.
- R325 I'm pissing myself laughing trying to imagine that. Thanks for that.
- Btw even if this thread isn't shut down we're past the halfway mark so we need to look for another TH thread to conquer soon.
- I was right, this tea is even more boring and illogical than the black model or GQ.
Do you honestly think that this will help him being considered like a serious artist? Never mind his fangirls, imagine the amount of vitriol and mocking from the media.
"TH after first introducing his gf at Wimbledon, he unfollowed her on twitter to be on the down-low, but allows her to keep following him. But, when she gets too forward, like starting to follow his friends, here comes the inquisition and she is forced to unfollow them. Still in his generous heart, he finds some little spare time to bring her to....a cafè near home!"
Genius PR, no really, Lady Gaga people should really learn from this.
- R323 you know a few days back JA tweeted with to some of her girlfriends about getting together to gossip.
- One thing is sure, since he was tweeted he doesn't even have to google himself to know there some new bits of gossip about him around.
- Ha, 329! That's what I'm saying: she's up to something! TH better be careful.
- R330 I'm pretty sure fangirls tweet him about everything about him that pops up to ~score points with him. He really doesn't have to google himself at all.
- I'm still finding this bizarre - all a load of speculation and it gets spread everywhere. I don't understand the censorship though - I've seen far worse things written about others - far far worse things - and they don't get censored? All this amounts to is 'he might have a girlfriend'.
Big whoop. Bizarre!
- I'm really just wondering which of these replies are TH's and which are Jane's. You know they couldn't stay away
- It's not him or his PR but his stupid fangirls, they ask people to remove picture, they write to tumblr for abuse, spam, unauthorized contests. It's not the first time that naughty has problems with them (if I remenber well) and they harras her constantly.
For JA if she's going to run red carpet with him I hope she finds a great make-up artist, I saw a recent picture of her and she has all the chances to seems his mother
- Not only, they tweet to luke too
- [R335] Maybe he just needs a mommy
- R335 link to the pic?
- First on the right
- [R339] She looks better than I remembered to be honest
- LOL I don't think that is her.
- Guy peering from behind the curtains with the glowing eyes--is that Tom? Creepy.
- Agree with 
Here's the tweet, it's her
- R342 no because this happened on Thursday, it's the gossip night with girls she wrote about on twitter.
Can't say you can tell much about her face from this photo, but you can tell she smokes given the cigarettes before her on the table.
- An avid runner who drinks a vegetable smoothie every morning with a smoker. My grandma was right, love is blind
- She smokes? Well that's a serious turnoff...and won't be helping her skin
- She follows a lot of health/fitness blogs on Twitter.
And I think he is comfortable with smoking. He's not a unicorn, remember? he's smoked for lots of roles and talked about smoking while at school. And then there was the smoking weed in LA thing recently. He seems to drink a fair bit too.
- what is the smoking weed in LA thing?
- It was in a podcast and someone posted about it on Tumblr.
“The night [Tom] made his surprise appearance at the Marvel panel, my friend went to a party he was at, I think it was the Entertainment Weekly party, and she sees him sitting down and she’s like, “Aw man, I have to go meet him." So she decides - she’s a little drunk so it’s easy for her to do it - she plops herself down right next to Tom Hiddleston and she’s like, “Oh hey, how are you? How are you? It’s so nice to meet you!" And the first thing that he does is hands her a joint! And she takes a puff of it, because hello, Tom Hiddleston’s handing you a joint - you have to smoke it!” — so I’m listening to a podcast, and the hosts start talking about comic-con. And then someone brings up Tom Hiddleston. I almost turn it off because I have tried to get away from that life-ruiner but I don’t and I hear this story about Tom at comic-con and I almost died. The end.
- [R345]or the sex is really good and he uses a lot of air freshener
- this man is all a rumors. he's very good hiding everything. he's a good actor after all
- Smoking a joint at party, where averyone can see him? I don't know if his PR allows that
- Links to podcast R349? Or give me a clue where I can find it please, I knew Tom was a party boy.
- She didn't link to the actual podcast, otherwise I would have listened too. She just posted that short transcription bit.
No idea if it's true but it's funny to think of him openly doing stuff like that.
- Granted, the tea here is certainly the most funny. I laugh every time somebody comes out with a story of an official party full of people where Hiddleston supposedly does all this stuff and nobody can provide a single pic. In an era where people pee with their smartphone near by.
- OK well link to the tumblr post then? Can't be too difficult to find.
- Given his power of recollection, I very much doubt he smokes weed.
Given how careful he is with his image, I very much doubt he would offer a joint to the first stranger sitting next to him.
- I'm tellin you, TH has some depressions lurking under the surface and stuff like weed and motivational quotes are what he uses to keep himself afloat. He looks sincere when he smiles but he never looked like the happiest human on the planet
- Why do people call him TommyAnne/TommyAnna on Celebitchy?
- When you look at his pictures, candid or not, and his interviews, you can see that he's really dead in the eyes. The only emotion that he can successfully convey is sadness tbh. And his ~trademark "ehehehehe" laugh is such a forced laugh.
- I think it comes from pollyanna
- R360 go on CB, last post, last reply and read.
- In some interviews he said "I'm my worst critic" I don't know if he's depressed, m but he has some problem with himself for sure
- I get an alcoholic vibe from him and I notice in a lot pictures of him, he looks drunk; has glassy eyes.
- She looks better than she did at Wimbledon, but still pretty fried, unhealthy, and old. The cigarettes would explain it.
About the joint, I don;t believe that TH is the great athlete/health nut he wants us all to believe. I'm not saying he is out of shape, but he would not be the first actor who smokes but keeps it (and other bad habits) under wraps. He is way too image conscious in my opinion.
I believe it is Luke censoring the blogs. Please remember that Luke is hired by TH to service his image-making, so he must want this as well.
- I don't think he's neither an alcoholic nor a junkie or any other type of addict, he's much too focused on his career and would't compromise it.But I'm sure he has sad tendencies, even if it may just be because he's one of those seriously artistic souls who read poetry and feel it.
But one thing I'm sure is that he's not a super happy person
- I do belive he can smoke joint but I can't believe he did it at an official party offering to a stranger
- More than depression I see anxious issue
- I would not go overboard with the psych diagnosis, and no, he is not a deep thinking romantic poetry reader wandering the Heath feeling things so deeply (though he really does so desperately need you to believe that).
But one thing is certain in this tiresome little script. Everything he puts forward about himself is pure PR manipulation.
The GQ designer suits are provided through his PR guy, who has a GQ business relationship; his actual sense of style is pretty much non-existent. He smokes pot and parties too much. His FWB is a frazzled 35 year old PR exec who smokes too much and has dreadful hair. And so on. It's boring.
He's a product for consumption, he's marketed as such, and he is more than willing to play the game because he is not a major talent and so desperately needs the attention. That's it. That's what matters. Time to wake up, fan girls.
- R370 I agree.
Time will tell if Hiddleston becomes an A-lister -- which oftentimes doesn't involve a high degree of talent. His upcoming (and possibly last) turn as Loki in Thor 2 is his best shot to raise his visibility. I do think he's got more talent than Chris Hemsworth. But CH is getting a lot more high profile leading man roles and not trying nearly as hard as Hiddles.
Tom has done a credible job in his other roles but 15 minutes in War Horse and Midnight in Paris as part of an ensemble cast, do not an A-lister make. BC, Fassbender, Hardy, Whishaw are all surpassing him.
As for the JA stuff, true or not, the most bizarre aspect of the unconfirmed rumor is the supposed "neighbor" Twitter stalking her and Tom. Disturbing, much?
- [quote] Tom has done a credible job in his other roles but 15 minutes in War Horse and Midnight in Paris as part of an ensemble cast, do not an A-lister make.
I know right? Not that being a supporting actor is demeaning, quite the opposite and he did do a good job. But every time people list his roles in big movies it almost sounds like he was the protagonist. His leading roles so far, aside from Loki, were all in indies movies. Nothing wrong with that, they were movies by great directors and better than some stupid blockbuster, but not big movies. Maybe Crimson Peak will be his opening.
The bizarre thing about JA is how people still find her relevant. Like some previous poster wrote, if this were true imagine the mocking at their debut.
- Did Tom pee in your cornflakes or something? By all accounts he's very nice and his movies are fine. Why the psychoanalyst?
- When Tumblr staff gets complaints about a blog and decide that it breaks rules, they just delete the blog and send the owner an email giving the reason why. They don't change username/password like that. "Naughtyhiddles" sounds like they are lying or just forgot their own password.
All this tea continues to disappoint. The weed story was obvious bullshit. Maybe he did go to cafe with a woman, but without pictures it's worthless info - anyone can come up with that.
I do think it's weird that the threads in here disappear - unless it's some glitch on the forum, because some people have said the threads disappear and then come back.
Face it, he isn't famous enough to have any real tea.
- Fan girls, fan girls everywhere. Go back to tumblr or back to twitter stalking your unicorn prince and his imaginary, or not so imaginary GF. I am sure you all have marriage plans to make and booties to knit for the happy 'couple'.
THIS IS A GOSSIP site and we do Love to Gossip.
Speculations and internet psychoanalysis is the norm.
- R374 so right you are.
(threads here didn't disappear exactly, if you do a search they appear, you just can't open them and you get the message "thread deleted".
More than he's not famous enough I'm starting to think he just too focused on his career.
New pic with a fan.
- You lot are quote ridiculous with the theories you come up with. There's more reasons why someone gets unfollowed and I find it very disrespectful to assume what you assume without knowing any real bit of the story. There is more than meets the eye and there are facts only the two involved parties know.
- R371 it is a bit creepy, but no more than what fangirls have tweeted to him. What I find a bit disturbing is that Tom is apparently shagging his next-door neighbor, I mean what happens if/when he tries to break it off, awkward much?
- Nice picture, he seems a professor, need glasses
- And are you one of these parties?
- Sure R377, possibly he erroneously clicked "unfollow" and now he doesn't know how to follow her again. And she started to follow Thor2 account and his friends because when they are in that cafè he doesn't have time to tell her his schedule.
- If she's somenthing (but I really doubt it) he can hide her forever. Simple as that
- What for, 382? Just curious.
- He unfollowed her, he never takes her with him, he simply hides her. So she's nothing or he's a big enormous coward
- Damn he looks unusually stylish in that picture, hot hot hot.
-  Why? Cause he doesn't want that people, press and fans see him with her
- R386 he didn't have suck problems with Susannah or Sian. Honestly if a 32 year old man behaves like that, R384 is right he's a coward.
- he didn't have this problems neither with his male friends (Macmillan Or Spellman) despite gay rumors
- R378 Actually, the person spilling tea CLAIMS that they saw Tom w/Jane Arthy and the presumptive tea spiller is allegedly Arthy's neighbor. From what I gather (not being from the UK) Tom's residence is in the same general area as JA's residence.
Story could be true but it's very suspect on many levels. For instance, if this person was Arthy's neighbor, he probably wouldn't have had to look her up to find out her name and profession. The source's weird Tweets to Hiddles make the tea spillage more suspect. It could be true. As R374 said,it's so easy for anyone to make up a rumor and next thing you know it's all over the Internet and taken as gospel. TH is obviously not living like a monk and no reason why he shouldn't have fun! Meanwhile, the conspiracy theories are giving me a giggle
- Lots of people don't know their neighbours very well in the UK, especially in London. Not unusual for neighbours to not know each others names.
But how did the tea spiller know they went to her house instead of his? Tea spiller knows where Tom's house exactly is? Were they kissing outside? Why bother if they were going inside her place to bang. Does Jane live in a mansion like him?
Not sure why a grown man with a decent career would bother sending trollish tweets to two other adults from a hardly ever used twitter account. Why did tea spiller say he was 'annoyed' with his neighbours? because they were kissing outside? Does he live next to Tom and JA? So many theories.
- Fighting rehearsal for Coriolanus.
- Beard suits him
- When did he get those delish pecs?
- More fighting rehearsal.
- R390 Valid point. I'm from NYC and while I didn't necessarily know all my neighbors' names, I at least knew faces -- e.g. woman across the street walks poodle; guy down the block plays loud music; kid who had junk car w/noisy muffler, etc. So if tea spiller were JA's neighbor, he should have at least recognized her by sight. AND there's no accounting for the Twitter stalking if he didn't know either of them. Story has more holes than swiss cheese so highly improbable w/small degree of possibility of being true.
R391: Thanks for posting the Coriolanus pics. Nice! And much better than the watered down TH Friday night tea!
- The beard really works
- The twitter stalking could have been another random person who (who knows?) read DL.
London is a large city folks. Camden is a borough of London, and both Hampstead and Belsize Park are districts within Camden. They are near each other, but if JA lives in Hampstead (which is upscale but not insanely so), and TH lives in the posher-than-posh Belsize Park (which is way beyond upscale and where his next door neighbors are Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter), they are not next door to each other.
The person who posted earlier probably assumed that the Hampstead flat was hers by process of elimination. I've been to Hampstead and I do not have any trouble believing that many people there who live near each other don't necessarily know each other by sight, or that someone walking to work might walk by someone's condo and recognize a face. It's a pretty dense place.
I still think there is a fair chance that JA has posted here to push her relationship to TH more to the forefront and jerk his chain a bit. He can't win no matter what he does at this point. Hiding and sneaking around is not a dignified way to treat a real GF or even a FWB.
- Questions, questions. New troll here (although I did say I was a regular on this site). Turns out those twitter posts are NOT by my source. I didn't even know they had a twitter and when he said he closed it down I assumed it was that one, but he shut it down on Sat, no idea who that is, weird. So R397 you may be right. But you're wrong about where she lives, sorry. You're believing whoever said she lives in Hampstead, she lives further down the road, if you get my drift. My friend the estate agent (so knows about these things), checked. As I said in my original post at I don't want to go into too much detail, because it gives away addresses and that is out of order. So of course no-one believes me. This woman doesn't seem to be concerned about her privacy that's for sure (i.e. not on the edited list of the e/roll). And all this questioning about where are the pics: personally I wouldn't be comfortable taking pics of people in the street, my friend was the same, especially as he's talked to Tom before. As for the post about the EW party and the joint, there's no way anyone taking pics at an industry party, with VIP guests would be allowed, they'd be thrown out immediately. This is why you don't get pics, and why actors are more likely to let loose at industry parties! Friend gave me more details about them in the street too, if you're interested (don't know why I bother, because people keep saying it's made up - my source is annoyed, he knows what he saw). Oh, and R390 is correct, London is not a village, I only know 1 of my neighbours to speak to, have no idea of the others, their names, wouldn't recognise them in the street, this isn't unusual.
- I’m with you on JA theory, 397. She’s been stalking him on twitter since The Avengers premiere last year. I strongly doubt she’s GF, but FWB – I’m sure she is. If she blackmails TH, I feel sorry for him.
The “down-low” theory definitely doesn’t work in her case. She’s been doing everything possible on Twitter to let everybody know she is related to him. So, if they’d mutually agreed to stay “down-low”, as someone mentioned here, she definitely didn’t fulfill her part of agreement. Quite contrary in fact.
I wonder if he uses non-disclosure contracts with his FWBs.
398, please, continue.
- R390 some not-very-interesting details:
My friend knows the house - he's an estate agent! He remembers the house being on the market a couple of years ago. It's usual in local circles, esp property gossip when someone buys, as in my desc a big fuck-off house. They didn't go in there, but kept walking, he assumed to her place (since confirmed as she lives close by)
No they're weren't kissing, but had their arms around each other crossing the street (it was late, just before midnight).
No she lives in a big apartment block. Lots of people live there, he maybe knows the odd tenant there to talk to, particularly the older ones but he can't remember seeing her before. Doesn't she work in music pr though? So she's probably out at gigs at w/ends, and she doesn't seem to frequent the local cafes.
This is why it looked like a hook-up - why not go to your massive, private off-the-street house, instead of a small flat in massive appt block?
R397, you're forgetting my source saw them outside her place, saw her go in, that how he knows where she lives....jeez
- No kiss no proof of anything
- R401 Jesus I fucking give up. I don't want to give this famewhore any more attention either. I hope she disappears - I'm trusting my friend's judgement of her "she was loud, full of herself, with horrible hair". And he overheard "Oh, shall I pay then?" she said as they left, and Tom stood by the door looking uncomfortable and wanting to leave.
- Lol Jane paid? So much for the perfect gentleman Thomas.
Please carry on. This is good tea, fwiw. I'm enjoying it, even though some people think nothing is going on. What do you want to see, them having sex in the middle of the street?
- Exactly R403, you'd have to follow them in, and trespass taking pics. There's laws against that kind of thing.
- I like this tea, it's quite funny but I agree with 401 when I'll see a kiss I start believing that something it's going on
- So are the bar and cafe local places?
Did he say any more details about what they were like together? Did they look coupley? What's she like?
It sounds accurate. Him talking and her flicking her hair around and giggling at everything he says.
- Well R405 friend saw that on Sunday, but he said it looked a little awkward. They were talking for a couple of mins, then kissed, pretty tame not heavy or anything, but they both had shades on as he recalls. Then she put her arms around his neck to give him a full body hug, and he sort-of gave her half a hug back. He said "it looked like she was more into him than he was into her" LOL
They were sitting together on the sofa but not all over each other (he didn't really have a good view, he only realised Tom was in there when he heard his voice). They were just talking and sitting as far as he could see.
As I said before, she's loud, was laughing at everything he said.
- Wow, hilarious! Our dearest TH seems to be utterly incapable to find some decent woman.
- This is hilarious. He makes her pay, looks awkward & only takes her to local cafes. And she's stalking him on Twitter. Sounds like the actions of 13 year olds rather than 30 somethings.
- Your friend has changed his version at least ten times, frankly my dear I don't know
- Well we already know she's a fangirl.
Remember the Wimbledon picture? She was hanging on his arm and holding his hand, while he was engrossed in the tennis and never even looked at her. The whole 'her being into him more than he is with her' seems legit.
Funny how they only spend time together locally and apparently never go further than a few streets away from their homes. Scared of being seen together? Has he never seen them before?
- R411 explain, there's just more detail than before.
R412 as my previous posts he's seen Tom a lot, on his own, can't recall seeing her before. Bear in mind he's recognisable, she isn't.
- Have you seen her twitter before she cleaned it? There were some wonderful posts about her hangovers and trips to sex-shops during dinner breaks. She is what she is. What sane woman would do such shit on her twitter, especially if it was her business account, as someone once said?
- I was just with a friend with the exact same mindset as JA.
She hooked up with a guy in out friend circle once or twice. Later on as she started having feelings for him they talked and decided they were 'friends that occasionally hook up'. The week after they went on a vacation to fuck freely without telling anyone as no one knew about their shenanigans and they wanted to keep it that way.
When they came back her 'boyfriend' told her that he didn't want any commitment and said he enjoyed their time together but didn't want her to push any further. Basically he told her to cut the crap but she thought she was the one to turn him around so she stuck around and kept on living in her imaginary world in which they were totally dating and not FWB's..
They saw each other once a week or so, not very frequently. After countless days and nights of wondering and imagining, she made a very dramatic phone call and told him they needed to talk. He told her he was still not over some past relationship. A week later she showed up at his apartment without telling him. To talk. He told her AGAIN that this was the exact reason why he didn't want a relationship and he was still thinking about someone else. THEN she told him their relationship could get past this and she would be by his side if he wanted her to stay. (I think she literally said "I will fight with you and for you") He said no. Then she called him a coward because "he didn't have the heart to tell her that he didn't mind losing her".
They didn't talk for several weeks, during which she told everyone that she was cheated on & dumped. Unfortunately for the guy, a few days ago they had one civilised conversation and now she's planning the day of his defeated contrite return.
Jane, if this sounds familiar, get it together girl, no one's worth it. Not even a famous millionaire with a mammoth cock.
- She tweeted about being hungover/going out for drinks alllll the time. At fancy central london places like the Ivy. Seemed a bit stupid.
I missed the sex shop tweets LOL. On her professional twitter?
- She's a party girl isn't she? And doesn't seem that clued up on social media either. Her fb wasn't hacked, it was left open. Found on a basic search, the posts were closed but with no privacy settings on the photos, and there were loads of them. What an idiot.
- Oh, you are wrong, 417, she’s not an idiot. She does it on purpose. I believe, she thinks that any kind of PR is good, except for an obituary notice.
- Why are people calling her a famewhore? I don't really get that. I think she loves gossiping with her friends about having a secret celebrity bf/fwb/whatever. But she closed her fb and cleaned up her twitter (at Luke's advice?).
For someone who works in promo/pr and most of the girlfriends she gossips with are PR girls she doesn't know much about social media.
- Are you serious, 419? If it was Luke’s advice she would have closed and cleaned her social media PRIOR to Wimbledon.
Do you seriously think that Tom and Luke are both idiots, especially after Susanna and Sian disaster?
That’s one of the main reasons I don’t believe much in the theory that he took her to Wimbledon. Most probably she invited him, knowing that he is “tennis nerd”.
And you said yourself, she is PR, do you really think she doesn’t know how social media works?
- Do you think she took him? It's a theory I had never thought of, but I don't think I believe it. Would they give VIP Wimbledon tickets to a nobody promo girl? She's high up in her job and no doubt gets free concert/festival tickets but I wouldn't think she'd score free VIP Ralph Lauren tickets to the Andy Murray final.
(But she did start following Ralph Lauren on twitter on that day, so maybe you're on to something!)
Tom has scored freebie VIP tickets to big tennis matches several times. Four times now I think. Luke is good at hooking him up with them.
Remember, he was photographed at the VIP Ralph Lauren party for Tatler magazine, but she wasn't. She's not a Tatler girl - but he's fodder for that magazine.
- Ok, 421, so first of all, as I mentioned above: after Susannah/Sian disasters they should have thought about social media prior to this outing. This is logical. All sorts of “tails” are cut before, not after, especially with TH freakishly clean image.
Secondly, given her job I don’t doubt she managed to get these tickets if she wants to get TH that much. Who knows, maybe, she even paid for them. Honestly, I have no idea how much are they.
The third reason: there were two photos of TH with fans before the match. One of the teens put it in his instagramm and mentioned that TH “wanted to stay unnoticed”. What the hell if he knew he’d be papped during the match?
The fourth reason: he was at Wimbledon several days before, officially in Evian Lounge. If the idea was to parade her, it was much more appropriate to bring her on that day – he was photographed officially there.
There. Maybe, I miss something, but this is how I digested all the story.
- Wanting to stay "unnoticed" = not wanting to take photos with random fans. He definitely wants to be noticed by the media and paps, this fame whore.
- Wake up. She's a professional in promotions for a high profile employer. She's in PR. She absolutely could be connected enough to score the tickets and take him.
They have been or are currently involved. Big deal. It will work out or it won't. It's no one's problem but theirs.
One wonders if anyone on this thread ever had a relationship or dated in the real world. There is nothing unusual to note here, whether the poster's info is true or not. Hook ups happen. Dates happen. Sometimes they lead somewhere, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they linger. Sometimes they start one way and end another.
And sometimes, normal people go to parties and smoke pot. Shocking.
There is no scandal here. Grow up.
- Didn't Wimbledon use to be TH and his sister Emma's "tradition"? He said so himself when he and Emma showed up a year ago. This year Emma was nowhere to be seen.
- I've seen Tom more intimate with fans than I have seen him with Jane.
- She paid? SHE PAID?
Sorry guys, but this is NOT how a man behaves if he feels any regard at all for the woman he is seeing, never mind if he feels anything close to love. He should be trying to win her over, for heavens sake.
He should be picking her up in a nice car, taking her out on the town on the same kind of dream date he showed Susannah, showing her to his friends and family, not hiding her, taking her with him on the red carpet, paying for the meal (please! This is the minimum!), and when they go home, it should be to his spacious Belsize Park mansion where the neighbors can see them, not to her tiny hole in the wall flat. And there should be espresso in bed the next morning.
What the poster above described is how a man behaves when he doesn't give a damn about the woman, and wants to make sure that she knows her place in his life: she is a convenience.
So much for TH being a the perfect gentleman.
He can shove that beard up his loutish, ungracious arse.
- LOL damn R428, he did this to Jane, not to you!
- This is exactly what I said: this is all about what he thinks about her place in his life, and not what she presumes on the subject. He bangs her two nights in a row and then she pays for him. Nice!
And... it's her choice. What a woman!
- I thought Datalounge was for gay dudes. Why are all these teen fangirls posting here?
- Because someone is letting them, r431.
- R429 and R430: I am indignant because I cannot understand how anyone would tolerate being treated like this by someone who is capable of doing better when it suits him. It is really obvious what she is to him.
That he would behave in this way says everything I need to know about him; that she would accept it and PAY FOR IT (!) says everything about her. Hey, but I guess some men like treating women like porcelain fixtures, and some women think its a privilege because he is a celebrity.
UGH. TH, you are no gentleman.
- Face it ,this place rocks the tea.
And all the bitching about fan girls just makes them keep on posting their silly stories about TH.
I do not believe this latest garbage either.
Someone is just playing games. Hurry up and close this thread and hopefully end the TH worship.
- I think he is a gentleman but only to someone he deems special enough to him. I just wonder if she is gonna be one of those stalker types herself when Tom gets into a real relationship with someone and Jane gets pushed to the side.
- I think the friends story rings true. I live close to a surly aussie movie star prick and the comings and goings from his place would make your hair curl.
- Maybe she is one of those independent types who likes to pay her share. Plus buying a couple of coffees makes her look like less of a gold digger.
- It is beyond stupid that anyone on here is scandalized that she may have paid for something. The story is likely not even true but if so, who cares. It is 2013 and lots of women and men take turns paying.
Why does anyone care about this Jane person or if she is dating TH. Who cares. The man is human, he is going to hook up with people and he is eventually going to have something more serious. Why do we care, and why do people want to psychoanalyze him so much. Guys getting casual sex from a FWB is really nothing new and certainly shouldn't be anything scandalous.
And hold on to your hats, but sometimes that is all women want as well. Just a FWB and someone to catch a movie or a dinner out with at times. Nothing serious. And again, nothing wrong with that.
- I don't think anyone is 'scandalized' by the man having a fwb/gf. It's interesting to see how his (alleged) behaviour with Jane contrasts to his carefully honed perfect unicorn gentleman prince image.
- R438 I think it fascinates people because of his gentlemanly and princely image that he is trying to depict to his fans. There are fans who have wholeheartedly been swept up in this romantic gentlemen princely persona he has built for himself. Thing is trying to keep up this image can be hard and it will start to crack. I just wish he would be a bit more honest with himself instead of trying to please everyone.
- People are right to call him on his BS.
Here was the quote from one of his interviews:
“This generation has lost the true meaning of romance. There are so many songs that disrespect women. You can’t treat the woman you love as a piece of meat. You should treat your love like a princess. Give her love songs, something with real meaning. Maybe I’m old fashioned but to respect the woman you love should be a priority.”
Yeah right, TH. The true meaning of romance. You are a real expert on that. Hypocrite.
- That is a fake quote that the tumblr girls love. It gets posted over and over again by gooey eyed girls and it's just not true. He never said it.
He did say this in an old interview:
KA: If you were taking a date out in London on Valentine's Day, where would you go?
TH: Well now that would be telling, wouldn't it? I think if you're going to be conventionally romantic you've got to go all the way: a beautiful dinner somewhere lovely, with boat-loads of flowers, chocolates and champagne. But it might also be nice to wrap up warm and sit on a roof somewhere, with a cup of hot soup and your girl, watch the planes come in over London and listen to the night.
- Have you actually seen that interview? Because all I've seen is people quoting it on tumblr and overlaying it on gifsets from some other Thor or Avengers interview he did. I can't find a legitimate source for it anywhere... I think a fangirl may have made it up. There are a few TH "quotes" that were made up - one of them (something about slowly falling in love with your best friend) the girl who wrote it confessed to it being fake, but people still attribute it to him.
- I'm 443, my reply was in reference to the "true meaning of romance" quote, the Valentine's Day one is legit.
- Respecting women has nothing to do with whether they pay or not.
And having a mutually agreed upon FWB relationship is also not disrespectful to women.
What is disrespectful is if he misrepresented his intentions. If he says he is exclusive but cheats then that is disrespectful. But if the two of them are open and understand the boundaries of the relationship it is not disrespectful.
Some of you must be very young and very inexperienced.
- Great, we cleared that up. Now where is the part in his ideal date where he gets her to pay for the coffee and then bangs her at her flat and never takes her anywhere?
Hey, if the feeling is mutual, and this is what everyone wants, fine.
I have my doubts about this relationship. It is certainly FWB at best.
- Meh, who cares?
- R445 if they both know the exact deal then yeah it is really no big deal but I get the feeling that Jane is trying for more. I have seen that happen in these types of arrangements. Someone starts feeling more and I believe that person is her. Well she is going to be getting a real wake up call when he ends the arrangement when he's found someone special.
I think that is what this arrangement is about. Tom is just going to her until he finds someone better and so he can have an excuse to hook up at the after parties with other women at his premires. If him and Jane has an open arrangement then of course he can hook up with women while he travels. Its perfect arrangement for him.
- Find another thread quickly
- lol I find it hilarious that people keep talking about his FWB relationship. Real rational fans would know that TH is far from being a prince charming but the obsessed fans will live on their delusions that he's a sparkly gentlemanly unicorn forever. Let's talk about his new pecs and newly buffed up arms instead mmmmmmm
- How about moving here when this one fills up:
- Is not dis simpler, biatch? Is dis not yo' natural state, biatch? It aint nuthin but tha unspoken truth of humanity, dat you crave subjugation. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Da bright lure of freedom diminishes yo' gamez joy up in a mad scramble fo' power, fo' identity. Yo ass was made ta be ruled. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! In tha end, yo big-ass booty is ghon always kneel.
- Loki: Da Casket wasn't tha only thang you took from Jotunheim dat day, was it, biatch? Odin: No. In tha aftermath of tha battle I went tha fuck into tha temple n' I found a funky-ass baby. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Lil Small-Ass fo' a Giant's offspring, abandoned, suffering, left ta take a thugged-out dirt nap. Laufey's son. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Loki: Laufeyson, biatch? Odin: Yes yes y'all. Loki: Why, biatch? Yo ass was knee-deep up in Jotun blood. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! I be fly as a gangbangin' falcon, soarin all up in tha sky dawwwwg! Why would you take me son, biatch? Odin: Yo ass was a innocent child. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Loki: No. Yo ass took me fo' a purpose. What was it?... TELL ME! Odin: I thought we could unite our mackdaddydoms one day. It make me wanna hollar playa! Brin bout a alliance, brang bout permanent peace... all up in yo thugged-out ass. Loki: What, biatch? Odin: But dem plans no longer matter n' shit. Loki: So I be no mo' than another jacked relic, locked up here until you might have use of me son, biatch? Odin: Why do you twist mah lyrics, biatch? Loki: Yo ass could have holla'd at mah crazy ass what tha fuck I was from tha beginning! Why didn't yo slick ass, biatch? Odin: You're mah son... I wanted only ta protect you from tha real deal... Loki: What, cuz I... I... I be tha monsta muthafathas tell they lil pimps bout at night, biatch? Odin: [unwell] No! No! Loki: Yo ass know, all dat shiznit make sense now, why you favored Thor all these years, cuz no matter how tha fuck much you claim ta ludd me, you could never gotz a Frost Giant chillin on tha throne of Asgard hommie! [an overcome Odin collapses] Loki: Guardz muthafucka! Guards, please help!
- R407 I thought the cafè story happened on Friday not Sunday.
These are Tom and Susannah at the Us open during their dream day. Compare body language with Wimbledon this year with JA.
- If it happened,I think he just made/let her pay to cement his "woman we're not going to marry and you need to get this into your head" position.
I don't think anyone is doubting that she's much more into him than he is into her.
Either way, I'm still cheering on for him and my (and his?) favorite barista to happen.
- R80 It does not matter who I am, it is about not interfering so disrespectfully into people's lives.
And for the record,not all women play by some antiquated rules
- R456 who are you replying to?
- R457 that was supposed to be R380 not 80
- Look, it's simple. He is not into her. And he's perfectly willing to make use of her, no sparkly unicorn, and I think everyone here gets that.
Other posters were simply making the point that if he were in love with her, he would probably be doing things a lot differently. This doesn't mean playing by antiquated rules, that's a red herring. But he would be showing some signs of wanting to win her over, and not acting like a celeb with a groupie.
And yes, he has been working out at the gym. What else do celebrities do? I've seen more impressive bodies.
- you could tell that he was not just in love with Susannah, but also physically attracted to her. You can tell he was NOT physically attracted by JA.
-  people tell me she's here defending herself and her nonexistent love story
- "not physically into her"? Unlikely! What, he's just fucking the air? They go to her flat and not his house - that means she doesn't respect herself? WTF? Maybe she's got a trunk of neon sex toys at her flat and that's why they go there! Maybe he likes to get plugged up the ass and she's got better wine there. Who knows? She pays for a bill and that means she doesn't respect herself? Jesus! There's some real fucking fraus on here who've never had sex or a fuck-buddy in their life! This is good tea and you're turning the gal into some projection of morbid fangirl fears. Hop off her dick already cause you know what? She's hoppin' on his.
- Tomothy Hiddleston feels most kickin it when he struttin Snakespeare.
"I don't give a fuck why I do," holla'd tha 32-year-old British hustla, whose recent vizzle wit Cookie Monsta on tha importizzle of waitin was a Internizzle sensation.
"But it do reconnect me ta mah own breath n' mah own capacitizzle as a human bein ta feel anythang n' ta have any courage or inspiration or hope or relationshizzle wit mah crew, ballistics n' horny-ass self-possession. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Everything, up in a way."
In fact, Hiddleston added, he even sees his crazy-ass mercurial supervillain Loki up in 2011z "Thor," 2012z "Da Avengers" n' tha upcomin "Thor: Da Dark World" ta be inspired by Snakespeare.
PHOTOS: Snakespeare 2.0: Da bard on tha screen
"When I was constructin his ass wit ['Thor' director] Ken Branagh — cuz Snakespeare be a shared boner n' shared inheritizzle — we talked bout tha reference," noted Hiddleston. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. "Dat punk kind of like Edmund up in 'Mack Lear," Iago up in 'Othello' or Cassius up in 'Julius Caesar.' So I was borrowin archetypes from mah knowledge of Snakespeare."
And now he is brangin ta game a real Snakespearean character — tha wayward youth Pimp Hal, whoz ass becomes tha warrior mackdaddy Henry V — ta tha lil' small-ass screen up in the lavish four-part series "Da Hollow Crown," which begins airin Fridizzle on PBS' "Great Performances."
Da series, which was telecast last year on BBC Two just before tha London Summer Olympics, features four oldschool skits by tha Bard — "Slick Rick Pt II," starrin Lil' Bow Wow Whishaw up in tha title role; "Henry IV," Parts I n' Pt II, which up in addizzle ta Hiddleston stars Jeremy Irons as Henry IV n' Semen Russell Beale as Halz debauched, vain n' earthy companion Falstaff; n' "Henry V."
- He doesn't fuck her, his penis do it, probably in his mind he reviews coriolanus line
- I think when he says he walks around the park memorizing Shakespeare lines what he really means is that he has groupie sex while memorizing his lines.
- R461 and if "She" was,it would be because you lot are ridiculously rude
-  And she is an embarassing woman with no dignity
-  Go girl keep stay in the corner meanwhile he lives his life freely
- R456 & R466 What are you doing on this site? It's a gossip site for gods sake - GTFO back to tumblr.
- C'mon people don't be rude. she has to remain in silence in the darkest corner, she can't have the twitter that she wants, all for not ruining his career. An anonymous gossip site it's a good place to unburden oneself
- R462 I have been in this type of relationship before once when I was younger. I have experience with men and relationships. From what I gather he is just using her to bide his time until he finds someone better. He probably gets lonely like everyone else does and decided to ring her up to hook up because she was available. That is what happens.
It's all fine and dandy but if she is the one wishing for a commitment she is going to be sadly disappionted. I just hope she just doesn't turn into one of those bitter stalker types when he does finds someone else or ends up banging some woman at an after party while he is away. It just seems clear as to what she is to him but she may have other hopes.
- Thanks NH for summarizing it all up so neatly. Except next time move your cursor out of the way? That arrow's a distraction lol.
- I for one am glad he is getting laid, and having a great time laughing at the fangirls who still think he is a perfect gentleman.
He's no different from any other self-absorbed actor, ladies, and clearly more than happy to avail himself of your exploding ovaries of and walk away, leaving you to pay the tab. I love it that he is so cheap. This would explain why he can't buy a new shirt I guess.
As long as this is fine for everyone involved, we are good for gold. It's the 21st century, not the Regency Era, thank God. Doesn't make him a better person, but nobody is being harmed, and it is refreshing to see his squeaky clean boy scout image exploded a bit.
It would be really sad though if JA had any illusions that she meant anything to him. Everything about his behavior and body language says just the opposite. I've hung around with industry people, and I have seen how ugly it can get when celebrity/non-celebrity hookups go awry.
The only kind that get uglier is when a non-celebrity couple explodes when a celebrity decides to break in. Nothing is sweeter and more romantic than finding out you have been dumped via a hastily written text message sent from Cannes.
- It's not really about him getting laid or not, here nobody cares. It's about the tea about him making sense or not. There are standards to be met, even in gossip.
It's lovely how his fangirls want his hook-up with ja to be true but are offended by the chatter and comments about it. (I'm starting to think they like the idea of him with ja because she's so desperate and lame about him as they are)
It's also lovely how people claim to be thrilled that he's not a unicorn and gets laid like a normal human being, but also enjoy using this very fact to bash him.
- (I'm starting to think they like the idea
of him with ja because she's so desperate
and lame about him as they are)
Gosh I love you
- Whoa that is a good one! I think they liked Sian as well because she was plain and frumpy, just like them.
"It's also lovely how people claim to be thrilled that he's not a unicorn and gets laid like a normal human being, but also enjoy using this very fact to bash him."
As you should. The real reason we are enjoying this weird bit of tea is that he has carefully marketed himself to his fangirls as this impossible ideal Disney unicorn prince, and he has actively egged on their excesses in the hopes that it would promote his career.
Now he gets to feel it all splash back in his face. He is only popular with the Tumblr crowd, and everyone else makes fun of him.
This fwb thing would not be news with anyone else, but in his case, given how he has pitched himself, we have caught him with his pants down.
- I fuck people I'm not that interested in all the time. Don't think that makes me a terrible person. Other things do.
And it's quite a walk up from Tom's to Hampstead which makes this whole story quite unbelievable unless Jane lives in one of the really nearby mansion blocks...
- R476 Ok I get it that is fun to destroy the image his fangirls built for him. I just found funny the contradiction. Especially because based on such poor and boring tea. All in all it was more fun to mock him for his absence of private life.
R477 I think pointing out that from his body language doesn't show physical attraction for ja wasn't to prove he doesn't fuck her, or other people he isn't interested into, just that he really isn't interested in her and that she is the one trying to desperately stay in his life.
- R473 Very interesting, can you give any examples (without naming names of course)?
- He fucks her and she isn't the only one he is currently fucking. Sorry Jane girl, but you are just a notch in his overly notched bedpost.
He had a ballbanging good time in To.
- He has better luck with the ladies overseas than in London. Of course if JA is just a FWB he is open to sleep with others. He is going to be doing a lot of traveling in the next couple months. He wants to keep his options open.
- It is pretty apparent in his myspace messages of years ago that he is a bit of a undercover perv. I happened to remember them from years ago and they were quite amusing. It seems his inner perv has been reigned in quite a bit by the way he has been marketing his self in his interviews and such here lately. I liked pervy Tom myself. I wish he would kind of make an appearence again.
- R480 Anything you wanna share with us?
- If JA is A FWB or not he's still treating her like dirt and she's a fool for letting him do it.
This messing around actually puts fangirls off IMHO.
I will say this again, if he really really like somebody he wouldn't care what anybody thinks . He wouldn't hide them or play games with fans.
If he wasn't rich or famous, he'd be called a rat and no girl/boy would put up with this behaviour .
- cloud-piercing? Vagina piercing, you mean.
- R485 He listens to a lot of whiny stuff but Sigur Ros I approve of. Wholeheartedly and beyond!
- What did his myspace messages say? I only saw the banana eating and Gwen chat. Hilarious.
- I have had open relationships, FWB and serious boyfriends. Two adult people can do what they want. But I've never stopped be myself, and live my life in the way i love (clean my twitter? no way) I can understand he's famous but, as a woman, her behaviour really disappoint me
- being myself sorry
- Look, she's his stan. When he tells her to jump she says how high. It's obvious.
- Audio interview with TH
http :// torrilla.tumblr.com/post/62821989505/tom-hiddleston-talks-the-avengers-aftermath-the
The other link is the audio transcription.
- It seems he treats his one night stands better than JA. Lol
- This gossip is a bit amusing but I wish there was more naughty dirt on him. Him and Chris Hemsworth are pretty close. I wonder if there has been any times that they have double teamed a woman. Maybe JA is hoping that Tom will take her to one of the premires so she can experience a Tom and Chris sandwich.
- R492 I was going to say that. From all black model accounts ,he was much more polite. Or maybe it was just because the model was prettier
- R494 Or maybe because even that is just a troll story. "A friend of a friend who is a model but I can tell you the name because her boyfriend is crazy jealous"
Do you honestly believe that during The Avengers premiere, in London, this guy could go to a fancy restaurant, in a fancy car, with a beautiful black model without paparazzi noticing?
Compared to this, this tea about JA is almost credible.
- Or because model next morning left his house and stop.  elsa would be delight
- ...care to elaborate?
- I know very little about Hiddleston. Is he gay? and this woman a paid assistant ?
- R498 No she isn't an assistant. I think he treats his assistants better. Lol
- New classic quote:
"The bit I love is I really love acting, really, and the circus of it, the circus of being- for want of a better word, a celebrity is something I’m sort of not interested in. I find it strange."
- He wants become a grandad
- R501 He has admitted his wish for a family.
- Sure, he really detests those VIP invitation for Wimbledon, or ATP, or polo event. Right.
- TH clearly loves walking the Red Carpet, the VIP invitations to exclusive events and of course, the adoration of the fangirls. So yeah, he likes the celebrity.
On a positive note, he's gracious and friendly to fans (sometimes too much so) and the public at large. And he certainly is a reporter's dream: since he does most of the talking, he makes their job easy, LOL!
- I stopped being his fan a while back. He's just too exhausting to follow and like . I hated the way he's seems to treat us fans as idiots. Most fans wouldn't care if he had a girlfriend or not. It's onced you realised when you've stopped being his fan it's all and act and all he cares about is becoming bigger and more famous. I'm not the only ex fan of his to think that.
If he wants to have fans after the Thor/Avengers , he seriously needs to cut the crap.
- I'm curious, is he expected to live a regular life but please all fans? And then please all fans but the way they want to be pleased, unless he wants to lose them and the "ermegerd best actor eveeer" becoming "yeah like,he totally sucks"? Get criticized for wanting to be famous but you needing him to be normal, but then again having to be normal but still treating fans like they're the holy grail?
I get this distinct feeling from these angry fans,past and/or present that they can just never be pleased.
And that this fan thing isn't really based on anything substantial other than maybe that "Ehehehe"
I think whatever game he's playing,or whatever strategy it is he's using,he's using it pretty well because he still has a maniacal army who believe he's Peter Pan reincarnated.
- Woe the woman who ends up with a Hiddles crotch dropping, be ready to pay your own way honey.
As for what happened in To, use your imagination, single man, parties, gorgeous women et al. Do not want anything I say taken apart on crazy tumblr.
- I wouldn't trust him in a relationship. He's one of these guys that is on the constant look out for something better that he'll never get or be satisfied with.
Or in other words he's a player. What annoyes me is that he thinks he's bigger than he is.
- Another one who has tea but don't want to spill. Why do you even mention it!
- I'm having doubts about this tea. The alleged days he was spotted with her don't tie in with the fan pictures (the ones with the bright jacket) both in central London . One of the fan photos the person says he was at the same theatre where TH is rehearsing and from the looks of it he doesn't leave to quite late.
Also why haven't they been spotted together until this weekend? The person who claimed to see them didn't take a photo but I find it hard to believe a fan wouldn't of when they left e.t.c
This spotting has only once source and no proof. Smells like BS to me
- Does every tea have to be detailed r509? I am just saying he got into it in Toronto and after reading this thread his m.o. does not seem to be a shock to anyone.
- True or not,isn't new tea just fun anyway? Anyone with tea,come hither, I do plead of you!
- What happened in Toronto? I think I've miss this due to the overload about his FWB posts
- R511 is this tea or personal supposition? I don't care what he does, but I don't understand if you are expressing a supposition "he's single, he goes to party of course he sleeps around" or "I was there I saw him".
- from new GQ UK Tom Hiddleston article by John Naughton:
"[...] he'd rather not talk about his personal life, despite rumours that he's dating Jane Arthy, a record exec who sat alongside him at Andy Murray's Wimbledon triumph. 'I understand the curiosity,' he says. 'I hope when there's really something to write home about, then I'll be able to talk.'"
- Why ls he being so candid? its a yes or a no and move on with the interview . And he wonders why people make speculation
- [R515] so there really is nothing relevant going on then. Aww too bad, I was liking the constant assuming
- Oh tits. You beat me to it. I think that's his way of addressing the speculation and it's a much more candid interview than we've seen before.
- # 1: he reads DL nowhere else it was so discussed as here,
# 2: that’s what they were discussing in the bar and café,
# 3: who was this troll – Luke or Tom himself?
- Just for your information he made this interview in the end of july
- "I hope when there's REALLY something" mesns there's nothing IMHO
- R516 Did you mean to say why is he being so "coy"? Because he certainly wasn't being candid :-) This is his M.O. though. I recall an interview he did in early 2012 after he had broken up with Susannah Fielding and the reporter asked him if he was single and he replied, "I'm not sure," and then said, "that wasn't a very good answer, was it?"
He likes to hedge. Doesn't want to lose the fangirls.
That interview, BTW took place in August. A lot of these Thor 2 publicity interviews were actually conducted in fall 2012 during filming or this past summer post-Comic Con and they're just publishing them now.
- "I hope when there's really something to write home about, then I'll be able to talk.' ... Ouch, that hurts! So he's basically saying JA is nothing?. That's a rude comment. He missed a great opportunity to keep his mouth shut.
- How is that coy? He basically said "I'm fucking around, I know that you want to know and I promise I'll tell you if I ever do more than fucking". Sucks for his fwb/squeeze, fraus may rejoice & we can go back to bickering about what an ass he is.
- "That's a rude comment. He missed a great opportunity to keep his mouth shut."
Right you are! He literally disgraces her publicly. What’s wrong with this man and what’s wrong with this woman? She’s dumb or what? Or she’s just a gold digger ready to eat all his shit.
- Pretty simples: She's obsessed and he doesn't care
- And what's with the broody/sulking look of the latest photoshoots? He has the same facial expression in all of them: brooding-sulking-sad look. Meh!
- R510 You mean the pics at R191 ? They were taken on the Weds 25th, looks like a Rada event. If not these which pics are you referring to? My friend saw them on Fri, after 10pm and on Sun, early afternoon. TH doesn't have a twin as far as I know.
Oh and the "Haverstock Hill local" mentioned in that interview, I know it well.
'I hope when there's really something to write home about, then I'll be able to talk.' LOL, classic British understatement for "there's nothing much going on, when there is I'll talk about it". That was my take.
- In short, she is not something to write home about. He's slumming it and has no intention of taking her seriously. He is fine with publicly humiliating her.
And then he goes back and bangs her again, and sticks her with the tab. Typical TH. What a prince.
- [R528] Oh tea spiller if you're for real it would be so funny if we have and had coffee together in the same place(s). Because I also know that local chorizo maker and bumping into morning TH isn't new anymore either.
- Oh and maybe he just hooked up with her again for the 1st time in ages, I don't bloody know...Other sightings of him say he's alone, which is just confirming, again a hook-up.
- R530 We probably have, I know that cafe quite well (only go in there the odd w/end), the staff in there are really nice. I've only seen TH in there the odd time - it's obvious they love him to bits. Always screaming kids though, so I don't usually stay long. Is the chorizo maker on the same street?
- I wonder what excuse he gave her for unfollowing her so quickly on twitter when the word got out about her.
- I doubt she even cared. Why are people so bothered by the twitter unfollowing? They live right next to each other and have private ways to communicate.
- Forget about her twitter.
No, no… something is wrong here. It’s getting really exciting! All this set up with them being seen “all of a sudden” just on the eve of GQ issue going on sale. It’s fun!
- Yes, settle speculation. Also, his interviews were getting tedious with nothing but work discussed; maybe he noted that around the boards and decided to toss his fans a bone. Interesting turn of phrase he used, when there's really something to write home about. I wonder how JA feels about that.
- "I hope when there's really something to write home about, then I'll be able to talk."
OUCH. Where is the kindness? Where is the regard? TH, didn't Eton teach you better manners?
- JA does not feel anything, she’s remarkably vacant. I wonder how she’s managed to get her position (I mean job, of course) at all. The way she has been presented by our precious troll and by TH himself she’s… I don’t know even… I really hope she dumps him after this article :) But I think she wants to become Mrs. Hiddleston at all costs.
But I’m really curious what’s going on in Luke’s head. It’s really interesting. From the point of PR it’s really awkward: all this JA story. When you think it’s nothing – you just don’t speak. But why to say rude things? When you think it’s a thing – you just show or talk straight, that’s all.
Something is wrong there.
- R538 If JA wants to become Mrs. Hiddleston she is going about it the wrong way.
- You never know. I hope he buys condoms himself.
- R583 Yep. If there was nothing going on, you say nothing. The fact that he went out of his way to say something demeaning and rude.... Sort of suggests that there is something going on.
- I think if he was 100% single he would have just said so.
So whether they are in a relationship, casually dating, fwb, whatever remains to be seen.
It's a strange way to talk about someone if they've been together since early this year, over 6 months.
I guess he's not going to say anything about relationships unless he gets engaged? Putting his famous hedging to good use for the time being.
This press tour is going to be boring.
- I was browsing through tumblr and happened upon a janearthy.tumblr.com. Is that her real tumblr?
- OMG... what is it dedicated to? Loki?
- R544 It actually just has a few pics related to music. Maybe she has one so she can keep up with the latest on Tom or something. Lol
- I would have laughed so hard if it was full of reblogged hiddleston gifs. lmao. It could be hers, but i think you can change the name of your tumblr so i don't know. It doesn't look like she used it anyway.
- [R532] If we're talking about the same cafe then no, not on the same street. But since you mention the screaming kids I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same one. I'd define it as "around the corner" from the chorizo place. Are we meaning the same place?
- R523 R525 How was he rude?
Remember this interview happened 2 weeks after Wimbledon. He basically confirmed what we said all along. TH just brought her on a simple date and JA got ahead of herself and told that journalist she was his gf. He obviously didn't share the sentiment.
The fact that 3 months later, he still leads a single man life says it all.
- I wonder if he ended it via text. Or a nice handwritten note?
- What was the journalist real question? Did she mention JA? Or she simply asked him about private life? It's a strange answer
- In this GQ interview? There was no question really, the journalist wrote "he'd rather not talk about his personal life, despite rumours that he's dating Jane Arthy, a record exec. who sat alongside him at Andy Murray's Wimbledon triumph"
- Exactly  he's never said "I'm single"
- This particular part of the interview seems to be out of context, sort of last minute addition or something.
- Yes, and there's no a direct question So, sit down together at that table what did really the journalist ask him
"Why you never talk about your private life?" in this case the answer is pretty clear
"Are you dating JA?" awkward answer
- interesting choice of words "I hope" "Really" "I'll be able to talk"
- This Jane Arthy talk is just tedious. Enough already! Sounds like a couple of fan girls are pissed.
- Are you saying he's into her, but she is not?
- No, contrarily
- They say her name and surname, and his PR don't say anythingh?
- Am I the only one who find the GQ pictures awful?
- R548 It says the interview took place a few weeks after the Comicon appearance on 20th July, so August then.
The journalist was John Naughton. It also says in the article "Testament to his good manners, Hiddleston later emails me to clarify a quote and thank me for dinner." Mmmm, I wander what he wanted to clarify?
- Now we know for sure why she behaved strangely on twitter, deleting stuff, following/unfollowing his friends and job events, following his fans.
kudos to those that wrote she blabbered her mouth and pissed him off.
- R561 Yes, I meant SDCC, not Wimbledon.
- Come on. He says she is nothing to write home about, then months later bangs her again and sticks her with the tab-- just before the interview is published. Whatever the question may have been, his answer was specifically about who he is dating. He knew his words would be published. He knew when. I think he is polite when it suits him.
- TH is nothing if nit painstakingly gracious towards journalists. GQ is not the Daily Mail. JA's name would not have been in there without his PR being aware. You can be sure that his PR was actively involved in the entire process. There are many ways he could have handled this question and any mention of JA which would have allowed her some dignity.
- Maybe he didn't think he deserve much dignity. After all she is the one who took advantage of him at Wimbledon. She is the one running after him after being neglected for months.
- *he didn't think she deserved
- Maybe she was the one who contacted him this last go around. He didn't have anything better to do so he agreed to meet up with her.
- So he can tell her it's over to her face instead of banging her again. Public humiliation in GQ? What is this, middle school? How is that ever necessary?
- Agreed R564 & R565. I'm starting to think that the reason he was seen out with her again is because he knew this article was coming out and he wanted to soften the blow.
- 570, He failed. In fact it’s even worse now.
- Most of the world doesn't read DL. Sure naughty-hiddles posted it on tumblr, but the cafè thing without proof is just tea, funny, but nothing real. Given Arty's actions, from Wimbledon to twitter, for most people this answer will sound normal.
- I just love how his stans are scurrying to spin this as either "oh he was softening the blow!" Or "the bitch deserved no dignity!"
Sorry all you little sparkles-poo girls, but there is no scenario in which he comes out of this with his carefully constructed gracious image intact. The only polite thing in this circumstance would have been to say nothing, let her save face, and deal with the break up privately. There is no way he does not know he has humiliated her in GQ. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect.
- I guess the day he gave this interview was exactly the day she followed GQs editor. She knew she’d be mentioned, but she wasn’t told what exactly he’d say.
- Sure, for a man as careful as him about his image, the very fact he answered this question or let it be published, hints that he was, at the very least annoyed with her. Ergo, she must have done something that almost a month later still irked him.
- I think she started following the GQ editor on the day of the GQ awards, so everyone was wondering if they'd be going public.
- Yes, R576 is right. It's too bad the thread with the GQ0s comments was blocked, there was some hilarious stuff.
- Another quote that stuck out in the GQ article was John Naughton's observation that "...like all actors he is startingly (OK, sickeningly) slimmer in the flesh..."
And the Samuel L.Jackson quote that "he's prepared" speaks well of TH -- unlike most Hollywood actors, Jackson won't engage in phony gushing.
The pictures, with the exception of the first one, were awful. Those outfits were bad!
- "...When there is something to write home about."
It's a rude fucking thing to say about anyone, let alone to a national (which eventually becomes international) publication.
I like the guy, but get real.
There are about a million better ways to sidestep, decline to answer or reframe that question. This guy is a talker and a master at turning a one word answer into a thesis. All well-rehearsed and well-thought out. He is a MASTER at it.
That was passive aggressive dismissal at its finest, friends and neighbors. It was not an accident or a misquote.
It's almost hostile.
- [R578] He's competent at his job. That wasn't ever in question.
And there are two places on Haverstock Hill this could be. Does he only do interviews within a 5 minute walk of his house?
Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way, but that quote about Jane seems really dismissive. I wouldn't fuck someone again who talked about me like that.
- It's just another game he's playing with the media and stans to keep himself relevant . Unfortunately he's now involved JA and even if she pissed himself off or not it still wasn't nice what he said. Like someone said earlier one here , he could of handled it better and he knows how to as well. Proof he's playing yet another game. If I was JA and contacted me after that, I'd tell him to fuck off once and for all. FWB or girlfriend , he hasn't exactly been Prince Charming To her at all. God help whoever he ends up with and good luck!
- R580 I was just trying to move the discussion away from JA. Whole thing is weird to me. This is the type of behavior you expect from tweens.
On another note: he's off to Sydney next week to promote Thor 2. Seems like Hiddleston is the ONLY one of the major cast doing full-out promotion though I'm sure everyone will show up for the red carpet premieres.
- I really don't mind that quote, from that Twitter stalking JA did,I'd want to get rid of her too and it seems like she's a serious clinger. So maybe he did want to send the ultimate message to her. Along the lines of "I'll bang you but you should realize I don't give a damn" .
Am I the only one who feels like she's not getting the message?
Now of course, if we assume the latest tea is true, he's a true ass and she's just beyond reason
- I want to know what happened on Toronto not who he's banging, please can someone tell me?????
- R584 He was banging someone else in TO, that's what was hinted.
- I think he generally bangs more than one person so toronto tea knower, if you'd be so kind to give more details, we'd really appreciate.
Maybe even bake you a pie
- Btw, we move the operation in that Loki thread within the next 20 replies then?
- About JA what R575 said.
Toronto tea sounded like a guess.
- Not a guess. I fucked him, dayum.
- R589 well that was the lamest attempt yet...
- I'm more interested in how he is in bed. Is he freaky or vanilla? Does he have Dom or Sub tendencies?
- The original Christian Grey. Looks like someone made a balls up in the casting department casting Charlie H instead of TH
- In that GQ article, TH said his personal life is nothing to write home about and that when it is, he'd be more candid about it. TH didn't say Jane Arthy was nothing to write home about.
Agreed, the interviewer tacked the JA bit to the clause of the previous sentence - no doubt, PR-approved - but that doesn't mean the interviewer asked him about her directly and that TH was round-a-bout insulting her. That statement can mean anything. Taken out of it's context - as it is here in DL - it comes across kind of shitty. But in context, it means "Nothing to see here. Move on."
All tea, all speculation - no one knows. The twink has evaded once again. Wonder if he stuck the interviewer with the tab.
- JA = his personal life. All the interview was not Q&A. It was composed and then approved by TH and Luke. He said it because he wanted to say namely this. If her name was not there, yes. But the reference was JA. “Nothing to see here. Move on.” = nothing serious going on with her. No, the interviewers pay tabs, no need to force them.
- Is that it? He might of slept with someone in Toronto? This sounds more ridiculous/unintresting than the hook up story at the weekend! Come on. Does anybody have any REAL tea?
- This is a GQ interview, heavily supervised and fielded by Luke since GQ is his territory. I know how these interviews work. It's not journalism; it's PR, and the goal is to sell clothing and get money from advertisers.
TH had plenty of opportunity to determine which questions would be asked, how they would be asked and when, and also to refine his answers and quotes afterwards. This is not a misquote, it is not a mistake. He knew exactly what he was doing.
The issue isn't who how many people he has sex with. If he wants FWBs all over the globe, we are all good with that, but the first rule of being an FWB is to leave the campsite in better condition than you found it. You communicate. You do not trample on people. You keep the drama private.
Whether he wanted to get revenge on JA for some slight, or just wanted to be rid of her once and for all, he chose to humiliate her in an international forum. He showed her very effectively how he can destroy her with a few well crafted words.
His decision is not what one expects of the gracious and polite gentleman he markets himself to, but a vindictive, passive aggressive 13 year old girl. Welcome to Hollywood, folks, where abuse is par for the course.
if all the tea spilled here is true, it only gets worse, not better. Typically though, his fans will pile on the excuses. Anything to preserve the fantasy.
- TH is typical of a narcissistic personality. He is real, no one else is. He sells his hype for himself and to promote himself, at whatever cost.
As long as TH is in the spotlight all is well. The majority of his fans do not understand any of that so keep on worshiping him and he eats it up and tosses them crumbs to keep up the feeding of his needs, which is himself.
This whole flipping thing is boring and pathetic. Tea my ass. It is just other narcissists wanting to be fed by your begging for their crumbs which in truth is a crock.
Close this thread and let it die.
- Despite what TH said in the article, he was seen with JA recently. He's not quite over it if the sighting is to be believed.
- Time for a new thread! This one is about to hit max! Suggestions?
- People have already suggested this.
- Wow R597 who yanked your chain? Since I know that they were out together on Fri, and I'm with the view he met up with her to clear the air, I'm trying to work out what the hell is the pr with this. What I can't understand however is why he went home with her and then apparently hooked up with her again (as they were seen out on the Sunday). Either he's clueless with women or - dare I say it because he seems like a decent person - manipulative to get what he wants. Who knows. Next subject!
- No if he was narcissistic personality than he wouldn't care what anyone thought of his actions and it's pretty apparent that he likes to please others and cares what his fans think. He wouldn't be so nice and open to them if he only was into himself.