- "Until you hear otherwise, get ready to get behind something solid, police told Channel 5 reporters. Appear to be evacuating some residents in the area."
- Boston's Channel 5 reporter on the scene is FREAKING. OUT.
- They're going to kill him.
- Why do I always root for the perp?
- [quote] They're going to kill him.
- Channel 5 is reporting a body found in a boat in a Watertown backyard.
- Not good. I want to know what their motivations were. If anyone else was involved. The kid could have a lot of intelligence to spill. Wish they would take him alive but doubt they will.
- Three swat vehicles have driven to the scene
- Channel 5 says there is somebody in a boat in the Watertown backyard, but they do not know if he is dead or alive.
- Looks like one more Muz in hell...
- This is so Andrew Cunanan.
- YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL! YOU IN DANGER GURL!
- Bomb strapped to body?
- I'm very suspicious that they had to kill both of them. If they wanted information they could wait him out. But they don't want information, which says something.
- Why can;t they sleeping gas him?
- AGree with R7. If they don't take him alive they'll never know why he did this and every tinhat conspiracy theorist will be spouting off blaming whatever group they don't like. Not to mention what the police, FBI etc wll claim as his reason for the bombing
- [quote]But they don't want information, which says something.
Thank you, Alex Jones. Now: put your tinfoil hat back on and let us talk, mmm'kay?
- [quote] If they wanted information they could wait him out. But they don't want information, which says something.
What it says is that if you are responsible either directly or indirectly for the death of a fellow LEO you won't live to talk about it. Period.
- Yep, R14. I don't think the kid could have done much w/o his brother. They didn't have to make this RIDICULOUS scene over him. He'd have been found soon enough--having no money & all.
- CNN says he has a device. How could he? He ran on foot from the car last night. Doubt he took a device with him!
- MSNBC says they want to take him alive if possible.
- [quote] What it says is that if you are responsible either directly or indirectly for the death of a fellow LEO you won't live to talk about it. Period.
What fellow LEO was killed in Boston?
- If police are at Franklin near Walnut, I see a possible blue tarp here:
- [quote] CNN says he has a device. How could he? He ran on foot from the car last night. Doubt he took a device with him!
He could have stopped someplace where they had devices stashed, since he's been missing most of the day
- [quote] What fellow LEO was killed in Boston?
The MIT cop?
- [quote]What fellow LEO was killed in Boston?
J. Edgar Hoover, Rose!
- CNN is giving away a lot of info if he's watching them on TV.
- [quote]CNN is giving away a lot of info if he's watching them on TV.
Yes, I'm sure he's busy watching CNN and surfing DataLounge while he's surrounded by 500 cops, FBI and ATF agents in a back yard.
- [quote]CNN is giving away a lot of info if he's watching them on TV.
Yes, he probably has a TV set with him in the boat.
- I wish this fucking site wasn't on "primetime" right now so that others could post.
- The mother and father have said that their sons are innocent....but if there were bombs at the house and if they actually threw grenades...then I think they are guilty.
It is possible the younger brother did not realize what was going on, or how bad it was going to be.
Or they were in deep cover...and just hid their intentions for years.
In any case, it is a mess.
- Yea...it's so unheard of to have a television on, isn't it R28
- They've not mentioned anything about him being in a boat.
- Scratch that previous map view. Here's the house, per MSNBC:
- He is in a boat...he's moving...and the police are pretty sure it's him
from Boston ABC channel 5
- link to Boston station
- [quote]Yea...it's so unheard of to have a television on, isn't it [R28]
Underneath a boat tarp??? Yeah, it is indeed pretty unheard of.
- [quote]CNN says he has a device. How could he? He ran on foot from the car last night.
He could have already been wearing an explosive vest when he was driving the car. The hospital hinted that the dead brother had injuries from an explosion as well as a lot of bullet holes.
- Like I said R37, CNN hasn't said a fucking thing about a boat.
- Another volley of gunshots.
- That explosive vest must come installed with a miniature battery-powered TV set for convenient under-the-tarp viewing.
- If they have to shoot, hopefully they can shoot his legs so he survives long enough to talk.
- r39, MSNBC is all about the boat!
- live...another pop
- What's a flashback>?
- NBC just broadcast footage of at least 50 or 60 shots being fired in the backyard where the boat's parked.
If he was in that boat he's dead now.
- more shots
- MSNBC said suspect is sitting up in the boat! Andrea Mitchell got it from the police scanner.
- Three shots then a single shot 15 seconds later. Sounds like suicide...
- They gotta make sure he's dead so he'll never be able to talk.
- A helicopter should lower a jail cell over the boat.
- Any police scanner links back up?
- Andrea Mitchell says he's hit, but alive.
- [quote]Like I said [R37], CNN hasn't said a fucking thing about a boat.
You shouldn't be trusting CNN as a news source these days. Local on the ground reporters have been tweeting about the boat since the fire fight started.
- I missed it, I was watching Family Feud!
- gas tank in boat full of fuel
- [quote]live...another pop
The bomb vest also comes with a tiny popcorn popper for quick TV-watching snacks.
- Working scanner link.
- Times like this I miss the calm, serene, firm voice of Natalie Jacobson.
Back to you, Chet!
- [quote]Why do I always root for the perp?
Because they're inevitably fighting against flawed jackasses portrayed by Bruce Willis, et al.
- Funny but Diane Sawyer doesn't seem to be privy to any of this info.
Perhaps I should switch channels.
- Thanks, R58.
- Woman saw blood leading to boat and called authorities. They think he's been there all day, if not all night. They say he's alive.
- r61, Andrea Mitchell knows bitches! She's been ahead of everyone.
- What a pathetic way to end, in some frau's boat with no where to run.
- CNN refers to a "structure" he's in...they won't say boat. I switched channels now.
- R61, Diane is probably "exhausted" (i.e. she drank her lunch again).
- All this stress & excitement is gonna make me break out in spots!
- Scanner off line now
- DON'T KILL HIM. You can waterboard him later and find out all his contacts.
- Scanner says movement on the boat. Arm moving.
- Scanner says floodlights requested.
- I think it's more than just coincidence that this is all happening in PRIMETIME.
- This dude OWNS Yahoo!
- Has anyone heard from Anderson!?
- Just tuned in to ABC and Happy Endings is super-dramatic tonight! Must be an episode they'd originally planned for sweeps.
Look out, Max -- they're on to you!
- [quote]You can waterboard him later and find out all his contacts.
That'll never work. The water will just pour out of all the bullet holes in his body the way it does to Wile E. Coyote when he gets shot.
- Lighting the boat up with the "night sun" now.
- [quote]All this stress & excitement is gonna make me break out in spots!
Well, I'm as moist as a snack cake right now! This brings back the DC Sniper days, when I was so addicted, I actually would go to FOX in moments of desperation.
I guess this is my type of news porn (dead white girls, natural disasters..? Meh!).
- Does anyone here feel kinda sorry for him and hopes he isn't killed?
- About time they lit up the boat, not like he doesn't know they're there by now.
- Follow the giggles and you'll find him R75.
- "Boston police ofc just told #Watertown resident, "It's going to be over pretty soon.""
- Me R80....if they kill him I think I might cry.
- BREAKING NEWS: Police have taken the cover off the boat containing the man believed to be the Marathon bombing suspect. He's not moving.
- Another hour and he would have gotten away with it...he was likely waiting for nightfall before making his next move. So close!
- I hope he isn't killed so he can testify. But I don't know that I feel sorry for a young man who killed and maimed children and innocent adults in cold blood.
Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, FWIW.
- Where is the source, r85?
- I don't feel sorry for him. I hope he's not killed now. I think it would be great if his legs and hands get shot off and then he goes to prison.
- What a pressure cooker situation.
- Ann Curry is dressed like a Hasidic woman.
- [quote]Another hour and he would have gotten away with it...he was likely waiting for nightfall before making his next move.
He was out of moves. Wounded, broke, on foot, alone, surrounded--how far could he have gotten?
- fire in boat now
- I just burned my cornbread. Damn!
- Can't the send in a frickin' robot?
- I don't feel sorry for him either. Not a bit.
But that's pretty funny, R90.
- Its weird that their treating this guy like some mastermind when its clear that they had a shit plan. Sooooo many cops on the scene for someone who could even get his ass out of the state. It feels like overkill.
- No way he makes it out alive to testify.
- Suspect covered in blood, @7News reports
- I'd say that Dzhokhar is having a pretty bad day.
- Why can't they shoot him with a tranquilizer dart like they used to do to wild animals on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?
Speaking of which, how many of us, back in the day, thought it was hot when Jim used to go all old-school and, barehanded, wrestle wildebeests and stuff to the ground?
- Big crowds gathered at police barricade close to where suspect is believed to have been found.
Police are lined up, down on one knee, peering through bushes and tree leaves. Not clear if the person in the boat has been killed. Even if he has, police are concerned that his body could be booby-trapped.
- I'm tuning into Lionel and Jean and seeing what type of misunderstanding was making Jean testy this week in 1998.
- HE WAS NATURALIZED AS A CITIZEN ON SEPTEMBER 11TH!!!!!!
- It is understood that all suspects of the Boston Marathon Bombing are dead
- WBZ is reporting that police found the man in the boat using thermal imaging.
- [quote] Sooooo many cops on the scene for someone who could even get his ass out of the state.
He couldn't even get his ass out of town. They shut down the whole fucking city of Boston for this?
- Police are still concerned that the suspect may be wearing a suicide bomb vest,
- All this media attention is surely inspiring a new generation of future bombers.
- R104, that was reported about 11;30 this morning
- I doubt he had the foresight to wear a suicide vest considering he ended up in some fucking stranger's boat.
This is starting to feel inflated and phony.
- The boat is in the backyard of 67 Franklin St. in Watertown. Franklin is a 45-degree angle street; it runs from Mount Auburn Street to Walnut Street. This house is located close to the curve in the street.
You can get a Bing map view of the house and see the boat in the driveway toward the rear.
- house and boat
- Now that the suspect has been killed, Diane sounds rather giddy chatting with Martha Raddish and Brian Ross.
- [quote] WBZ is reporting that police found the man in the boat using thermal imaging.
Bullshit. The Frau saw blood and called the police. Cops are trying to save face with this 'thermal imaging' rubbish.
- "The biggest manhunt in U.S. history"
This line was just uttered on NBC news. Bitch please. They are really laying it on thick. I think at this point cops are just showing up so they can say they were a part of it.
- What's on his iPod?
- Bummer, I was hoping he would be able to be on the lamb for a while like Andrew Cunanan.
- Officer on scene in #Watertown tells #KCRA "He's still moving."
- They only managed to kill 3 people with 2 bombs in a crowded area. They're no masterminds. Dylan klebold and Eric Harris killed more people
- How do they know it's him and not the most unlucky homeless guy in America who thought he found a nice dry place to take a nap?
- Jesus, can they wrap this up? I have dinner plans.
- Look up his name on Twitter and you can see him as a teen wrestling. Just a butt shot.
- The kid is dead. This is all theater so create heroes.
- NBC News reported that there was a small fire in the boat the bombing suspect is hiding in and that the suspect is bleeding heavily.
- I wonder if when the is lying there, bleeding and in pain if he's thinking about the people he killed, maimed and the families that are forever changed.
- They've brought in a negotiator, according to Boston PD.
[quote]Bullshit. The Frau saw blood and called the police. Cops are trying to save face with this 'thermal imaging' rubbish.
They're saying the woman saw the blood, called police, and then they did thermal imaging.
- The Watertown caller speaking to NBC, Michael Callahan, is gay. Found his Facebook page.
- 'when the kid'
- [quote]He couldn't even get his ass out of town. They shut down the whole fucking city of Boston for this?
Do you understand the nature of cause and effect?
- Whenever there's a car accident in my town, every cop and volunteer fireman within a 30 mile radius show up. It looks like a giant tailgate party for grayhairs. Then they shut the road down for 7 hours and call for a police helicopter to medivac someone to a university hospital 40 miles away when the victim has a broken ankle that could be taken care of at the local hospital.
They all have to get in on the action as "first responders" and be bigshot heroes when they're mostly retired electric company workers and $150,000/year village cops who mostly spend their time responding to wintertime burglaries second-homeowners discover in April when they return to their houses.
- You can't negotiate with a dead man!!!
- Suspect is "dead" according to 2 news channels, "alive" on 3 others.
- Oh Gawd. It's the riparian entertainment episode on KUA tonight.
- BREAKING: Three people taken into custody in New Bedford as part of Boston Marathon terror bombing investigation. More info to come
- I didn't know Anderson Cooper wears reading glasses.
- Mass. Drama queens
- Police arrested three college-age suspects in New Bedford related to the bombing investigation, according to the Globe.
- Globe photographer can hear police say, "We know you're in there. Come out on your own terms. Come out with your hands up."
- Geez, did someone say "free donuts in watertown" on the police radio?
- Perhaps the suspect went on the boat expecting a waterside supper with riparian entertainments.
- CNN backs up Globe's report that 3 people taken into custody.
- They have him, he is alive.
- Crowd applauding at police barricade.
- Its over.
- He's in custody. YES
- In custody--yes, alive. Ambulance pulling up.
- suspect in custody
- He is in custody.
- Interesting, New Bedford is near UMass Dartmouth where perp went to school. it's a shithole.
- Gurl I need to play some Grand Theft Auto now.
- Suspect in custody. Officers sweeping the area.
- They got Zooey Deschanel, according to Fox closed captions
- On twitter, Carson Daly is taking personal credit for the capture:
"We got you you bastard. Rot in hell."
- Crowd yells: "How does it feel, man?" "Rot in hell!" "Bye bye!"
- Just woke up. They didn't rob the 711?
- My brother forced me to do it!
- How far is New Bedford from Boston? Are these his college roommates?
- Everybody wants their own 9/11 these days
- Remember, innocent until proven guilty.
- He thought he had a solution. He planned to commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until he happened upon another ideal place for his waterside ....
- What about West with a comma Texas ?
- [quote]Remember, innocent until proven guilty.
You don't hide out in a boat all day with bullets in your body unless you have a damn good reason.
- "@Boston_Police CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody."
- Ambulance roared by, guarded by police cars
- Mayor of Boston gets on scanner to thank police for good job.
- [quote]Ambulance roared by, guarded by police cars
He is precious cargo!
- Police w rifles step into the crowd, appear to have headed up the arrest; they get lots of thank-yous…then get mobbed by eager crowd.
- BPD tactical vehicles starting to leave; people cheering.
- Taken alive! This is certainly the best result, from my perspective.
I'll be pissed if they send him to a fucking brig somewhere. He need to be tried in a civilian court. I'm assuming the Feds will take the case, so he will likely be executed.
This is a good result.
- Does he have to reimburse the U.S. taxpayers for all of this?
- I can see the agents working him over by telling him that his brother's fatal injury wasn't the result of a gunshot wound, but getting run over by him. "You killed your brother!"
- yes R172, at 15 cents per hour
- A long line of local, state, and FBI vehicles are leaving the scene amidst a throng of cheering, waving residents. The cops respond by flashing their blue lights and popping their sirens.
- [quote]I'm assuming the Feds will take the case, so he will likely be executed.
- One woman is handing out homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to news reporters: "Thank you for all that you do."
- This seems a bit anti-climatic.
- Because you're an asshole, r4. Here's hoping that you'll be one of the unfortunate victims of such a perp in the future, as you seem to like them so much.
- Boston Police Dept. press conference at 9:30
- Press conference at 9:30 pm EST!
- There were gasps, then a small ripple of applause, as word of the capture of the second Boston Marathon suspect spread among passengers waiting at the airport in Tampa, Fla., for a JetBlue flight to Boston, according to Eric Bauer of the Boston.com staff.
Passengers had been closely following the manhunt, checking their phones, sharing laptops, and talking with friends and relatives at home as they watched police close in on 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
- Here's hoping that you'll be one of the unfortunate victims of such a perp in the future, as you seem to like them so much.
Wow, just because someone shows sympathies differently than you'd like, you're wishing they be killed or horribly maimed. You're a fucking nutjob.
- Shelley Murphy of the Globe reports that the suspect is being taken to Beth Israel Hospital in Boston, which has a Level 1 trauma unit -- an indication that he may have lost a lot of blood or is badly injured.
- [quote] A long line of local, state, and FBI vehicles are leaving the scene amidst a throng of cheering, waving residents. The cops respond by flashing their blue lights and popping their sirens.
What is this, fucking Ghostbusters?
- [quote]One woman is handing out homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to news reporters: "Thank you for all that you do."
I'd be afraid of ricin.
- [quote] One woman is handing out homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to news reporters: "Thank you for all that you do."
[quote] I'd be afraid of ricin.
I'd be more afraid of raisins.
- Has Kim Kardashian issued a statement yet?
- Really, R183? What reason is there to show support and sympathy for a man who killed and maimed innocent people? Clearly, r4 supports this guy's actions and you seem to as well.
- The Boston Globe said that cops arrested three college-age suspects in New Bedford related to the bombing investigation. What is that about?
- She has, R188.
“Watching the news right now. This is insane. I’m glad they finally captured the 2nd suspect!!! #prayersforBoston”
- Oh thank GOODNESS! I was wondering how Kim would respond!
- the 3 arrested were two friends and the gf of the younger brother
in New Bedford
he has been seen visiting the gf often
probably just taken in for questioning
- Did the mayor get shot? What's his deal?
- He doesn't get Miranda rights? CBS News just tweeted that's because of the 'public safety exception.'
- Kim ran it by an assistant before posting. She originally wrote: Watching the news write now. This is insayn. I’m glad they finally capsured the 2nd suspek.
- [quote]Massachusetts does not have the death penalty, FWIW.
The marathon bombing is a Federal crime. The US government does have the death penalty.
[quote]Look up his name on Twitter and you can see him as a teen wrestling. Just a butt shot.
You say that like DL would not have been the first to discover such a photo and create a Presenting His Hole thread.
[quote]One woman is handing out homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to news reporters: "Thank you for all that you do."
[quote]I'd be afraid of ricin.
[quote]I'd be more afraid of raisins.
I'd be afraid of peanuts. I'm thinking of the children.
- R159 - New Bedford is about 60 miles south of Boston. It's on the southern coast of MA.
UMass Dartmouth is about 5 miles west of New Bedford.
- Mayor had recent surgery and was supposed to still be recouperating in the hospital. He left early due to all this. He clearly is still in pain.
- Thanks, R198. I was wondering if he lived in Cambridge or close to school. If these are roommates, they might know a lot.
- Whoa...they say the person who saw the blood around the boat actually walked up and peeked inside it. Then, of course, slowly backed away.
- Unverified picture of capture
- nice abs.
- Who was that super hot Italian-American looking dude standing behind the Police Commissioner during the press conference. He never made a statement. I'd like him inside me quite deeply.
- [quote]He doesn't get Miranda rights? CBS News just tweeted that's because of the 'public safety exception.'
Contrary to what you might have learned from "Law & Order," in real-life a criminal suspect doesn't automatically have to be Mirandized prior to an arrest. There are numerous exceptions, including the public-safety one, on both a state and national level.
- Did you see the hole in older bro's side in those Twitter pics?
What brand brief is the younger bro wearing?
- Can't believe I'm only the 2nd poster to inquire about r204's dude.
Can we get an ID, please?
- [quote]There were gasps, then a small ripple of applause, as word of the capture of the second Boston Marathon suspect spread among passengers waiting at the airport in Tampa, Fla., for a JetBlue flight to Boston, according to Eric Bauer of the Boston.com staff.
- Okay, this I'm not getting. Terrorist arrests --> Neil Diamond songs?
"People are spontaneously singing "Sweet Caroline" and the national anthem and waving American flags."
- R205, I had no idea, and yes, my knowledge of the law is sadly limited, I apologize for my ignorance. So what does this mean for his defense?
- Had they just let everyone go about their lives today, they'd have caught him this morning. Think of all the wasted time & money...and they ALMOST lost him. Another hour and it would have been dark out, and I doubt he'd have survived the night.
- R209, they sing it at Red Sox games.
- Boston Red Sox fans sing "Sweet Caroline" at ball games.
- OK, its all over. See you next bombing, DL.
- [quote]So what does this mean for his defense?
Nothing at all, honestly. The only question at this point is whether he'll get life in prison or the death penalty, assuming he survives his wounds. There's virtually no chance he'll get off; even on the off chance the government couldn't prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that he and his brother set up the marathon bombs, they'll get him for shooting the police officer at MIT, considering his blood was all over the crime scene last night. Also, they'll have some awfully compelling first-hand testimony from the guy who owns the Mercedes SUV he carjacked.
While I know people will go apeshit if he doesn't get the death penalty, in reality the federal government has only executed two people in the past 50 years, one of them being Timothy McVeigh (who killed 160+ people, not 'only' four), so it's definitely not a given.
- Now what am I gonna do :(
- r213 - why?
- I'm afraid he's going to die. They're saying that he's losing blood and is in serious condition. I really want some answers and I want this fucker punished.
- So where are the Dropkick Murphys? Shouldn't they have shown up on the scene and started singing "Shipping Up to Boston" by now?
- I suspect that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I oppose the death penalty.
- Who's the fourth person who died? Forgive me for not having been glued to my tv set, but I have a life.
- So do I, R220
- I'm not one to say "I told you so" but here we are. If you bitches need any more sleuthing, apparently I'm your man.
- R221 - a MIT policeman was shot late last night that started all of today's activities.
- r221, Sean Collier, 26, a cop who was shot by the suspects last night.
- I wish the hotter, older brother had been captured.
- The older brother was ugly, so I'm glad he's dead.
- I wonder who released the picture at R202. Seems highly unprofessional for police to be tweeting out pics.
- Watched the Boston press conference and the super hot Italian-American guy with big dick face, salt and pepper hair and sensuous lips had SHERRIFF emblazoned on his jacket.
Watertown, Mass, here I cum.
- BBC news says the FBI has been watching the oldest brother for at least five years. BBC got the info from an interview with his mother.
- The idiot uncle is being interviewed again.
- [quote]BBC news says the FBI has been watching the oldest brother for at least five years. BBC got the info from an interview with his mother.
So, in other words, they reported something his mother said. From your description, it does not sound as if they've received corroboration from other sources.
- BBC says a foreign government contacted the FBI to report that the older brother was involved with extremist groups. That was two years ago, according to the report. They don't have the name of the government that gave the tip. BBC says he was brought in for questions by the FBI and apparently passed, so the file was closed.
- I think life in prison when you're 19 is far worse than the death penalty.
I don't mind footing the bill in my tax dollars, either.
- I hope he has some serious injuries that will result in amputations.
- I can't wait for Michelle Bachmann and Lindsey Graham to start squawking, "Boston Marathon! Boston Marathon!" when they try to pin this all on Obama.
- I hope they make him look at pictures of his dead brother every day for the rest of his life.
- Chilling interview with a young woman who woke up to gunfire, called 911, and they told her to stay low and keep away from doors and windows. She hunkered down as bullets came flying through the door to her home last night.
- Still no more news about the other three student arrests tonight.
- Reminds me of the DC sniper case, where the kid was completely manipulated by the older guy.
- Here's his Twitter account:
- I'm thinking the same thing, R240. How can we even come to describe stuff like this and quantify/qualify in our legal system?
- A family friend was interviewed on CNN about 2 hours ago. She said the family changed about 1-1.5 year ago. The mother would wear normal American attire then about a year ago started to wear all black and head scarfs when out in public. Her sister who knew the family better had a conversation with the mother who somehow got onto the subject of 9/11 and said it was a U.S. government conspiracy to give Muslims a bad name.
Another family friend said the older brother dropped off his radar about two years ago.
It's clear this family are radicals. I wouldn't be surprised if other family members get arrested when the police start investigating them.
- I suppose you could have done better, asswipe?
1 muslim piece of shit dead.
1 other in custody....
in less than 5 days. Sounds like an ok job to me!
- I keep hearing over and over: "lockdown. Lockdown. Lockdown". Isn't it marshal law?
- Was the dead MIT Cop Gay? There was a radio report where they interviewed his "roommate" and I got a hint of a gay vibe from it.
- [quote]There was a radio report where they interviewed his "roommate" and I got a hint of a gay vibe from it.
You're projecting, hon. He was a 26-year-old rookie cop living in one of the most expensive cities in America. Obviously it makes sense for him to have an actual, platonic roommate.
- R243 = idiotic liar
I won't even bother with a point by point refutation
- Since his brother is dead, I guess he has the option to totally throw him under the bus as some form of a confession.
That shouldn't be too much of a problem seeing as how he's already driven over him once before.
- I hope they don't torture or beat him in prison.
- R248 You don't know what you are talking about. Just shut up and stop calling people names that contribute real information. Here is a link to her observations below.
- I'd love to celebrate with the swat members, after celebrating I'd take one into my room and he'd spread his sweaty ass....dinner is served....mm!
- A photo of the older brother dead has been leaked.
- I hope he will be on a suicide watch.
I hope Jeff Bauman who lost both legs below the knee can get great prosthetics and give Oscar P. a run for his money!
- Here is a clearer, uncensored pic of the dead older brother.
- r249 with the slight zinger in the end
- I wonder if his Aunt is right and they could have been framed.
- Because the aunt would know?
- r254, his reddit was north of $400,000 Friday afternoon.
He doesn't have health insurance.
Maybe I'm just pissed at the grief porn and USA chants, but am I the only one who's angry at our cultural rating system for victims?
Newtown-20 rich, dead white kids: OH MY GOD!!!!
Boston-8 year old white boy, white cop, and Islamist terrorists-STAY STRONG this is evil! USA!
Texas-poor Southerners, mainly white-meh
Chicago Shootings-poor, black kids, n****s deserved it they're animals.
- [quote]The mother would wear normal American attire then about a year ago started to wear all black and head scarfs
Those weren't just any scarfs--they were from Lord & Taylor!
- [quote]Whoa...they say the person who saw the blood around the boat actually walked up and peeked inside it. Then, of course, slowly backed away.
They said on the news, he was out smoking when he noticed the tarp had been cut and there was blood. He went closer and saw a pool of blood. He then went and got a ladder and lifted the tarp to look under it. Dumbest guy ever. Geez, what did he expect to find? Did he think an animal cut his tarp and bled? He was lucky the guy didn't shoot him right there. So dumb.
- Currently, Tsarnaev is not in good shape and lost a lot of blood, explained CBS News correspondent John Miller. The suspect has a bullet wound to what appears to be the back of his neck and another to his leg. But it's bullet wound to the neck that is actually pretty intriguing to investigators.
Of course, he and his brother were in a big shoot-out," said Miller. "But [investigators are] saying that wound to the back of the neck is very possibly a suicide attempt. They say it appears from the wound that he might have stuck a gun in his mouth, and fired and actually just went out the back of his neck without killing him. That's one of the reasons he's unable to communicate, but he can understand what they're saying. And they believe there will be a point where he will be able to talk to him.
- [quote]Dumbest guy ever. Geez, what did he expect to find? Did he think an animal cut his tarp and bled? He was lucky the guy didn't shoot him right there. So dumb.
I agree. What an idiot! The thermal image photos from the helicopter are interesting. They could tell exactly where he was in the boat. The helicopter kept track of him for an hour to keep the people on the ground informed. There were about 40 shots fired between him and the cops.
The dumb guy now has a holey boat.
- Here's some info on the final moments of the older brother/bomber:
'There was some discussion of who's coming in,' Dr. David Schoenfeld, of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center said of the patient. 'Is it the suspect? Is this a victim? Is it a police officer?
'Ultimately that discussion died down quickly, because it doesn't matter who's coming in,' he added. 'We're going to treat them as best as we can, because you really don't know who it is until the dust settles.'
When the 26-year-old was brought in accompanied by a large police escort, he immediately went into cardiac arrest.
CPR was performed until a team of doctors could attempt to revive him, inserting chest tubes to treat potential injuries and gain vascular access to give the patient what Schoenfeld described as 'massive blood transfusions.'
Tsarnaev succumbed to his injuries at 1.35am. His body was turned over to law enforcement for examination to determine the source of his injuries.
- [quote]The dumb guy now has a holey boat.
Once the investigation is over, the "dumb guy" will become an instant millionaire (he's already a media sensation) should he choose to sell the boat. Do you realize that "holey boat," is now priceless? It's part of history in the same way that JFK's motorcade is part of history. It's the boat that sank the terrorist and ended the reign of terror in Boston.
- I hope Dzhokar croaks in the hospital. If not, give him a speedy trial and then let the families of those who died and were maimed go at him with Red Sox baseball bats. Afterwards bury the murderous creep's carcass on a pig farm.
- Crossposted from another thread (re: a photo of the older terrorist, since deleted):
That looks remarkably like the carnage resulting from the car bombs so preferred by the IRA in their attacks on civilians in Eire,London and Northern Ireland which were so generously sponsored by Bostonian Irish Catholics with the encouragement of their civic leaders,politicians and clergy through NORAID beginning in 1969.
That guy in the center might even have been knee- capped which was a much loved attack on enemies of the Irish Republican Army.Lots of amputations courtesy NORAID funding coming primarily from Boston.
The amnesia suffered by so many Americans is what's dangerous - that and the willful ignorance of what our government really gets up to in our name.
by: The Ghost of assassinated Mountbatten.\treply 82\t04/21/2013 @ 12:43AM
- Dzhokar wrestling video
- Excellent post, r267. Of course, it only matters when it happens to America, but it's not that long ago that the Omagh bomb in NI killed 29, including a pregnant woman.
The majority of IRA funding was from America. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, and the US had no problem making that decision for people in other countries to suffer the consequences.
- I don't think he meant to do any of these things, if he did them at all. Remember, his mother said they were framed. But, even if he did, I think it was because of his older brother. If I were on the jury, I don't think I could vote to convict him.
- R259 summed up the situation perfectly. Only in America.
- Yeah, the younger one was obviously severely mentally retarted and had no ability to make choices over his actions.
- Interesting article about the brothers. The older brother became radicalized and dropped out of college. His boxing career had gone nowhere. Loser all around
- Boston mayor says authorities may never question bomb suspect
Sunday authorities may never be able to question the Boston Marathon bombing suspect, who lies seriously injured and unable to speak after eluding police for 24 hours.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was in "very serious" condition at a Boston hospital after being captured Friday night, Menino told ABC's "This Week" program.
"And we don't know if we'll ever be able to question the individual," he said without elaborating.
Tsarnaev's brother, Tamerlan, 26, was killed in a firefight with police earlier on Friday as officers hunted them for the twin blasts on Monday that killed three and injured 176.
U.S. Senator Dan Coats, a member of the Intelligence Committee, said it was questionable whether Tsarnaev would be able to talk again.
"The information that we have is that there was a shot to the throat," Coats told the ABC program.
"It doesn't mean he can't communicate, but right now I think he's in a condition where we can't get any information from him at all," said Coats, an Indiana Republican.
(I wander if he blew his tongue off........)
- [quote]Currently, Tsarnaev is not in good shape and lost a lot of blood, explained CBS News correspondent John Miller. The suspect has a bullet wound to what appears to be the back of his neck and another to his leg. But it's bullet wound to the neck that is actually pretty intriguing to investigators.
He has to talk some time. He needs to talk about the 12 man sleeper cell that he was probably involved with.
- R245, what 12 man sleeper cell? where did you hear or see that?
- r275 did you also jumped on the reddit bandwagon and prematurely identified Dzhokhar as the missing Brown student?
- Here, r276....
- On days between the bombing and the arrest, he went to parties and went to the gym and talked about the bombs with people at those places.
- Is this "12 man sleeper cell" business being pimped by Drudge? It seems to be reported in non-MSM, right-wing publications or British tabloids.
- [quote]Is this "12 man sleeper cell" business being pimped by Drudge?
[quote]It seems to be reported in non-MSM, right-wing publications or British tabloids.
- [quote] That guy in the center might even have been knee- capped which was a much loved attack on enemies of the Irish Republican Army
Guess where the IRA learned to kneecap? From the Black and Tans. Ireland was a rural country of farmers. The worst thing you could do to an Irishman wasn't to kill him, it was to make him permanently disabled so he cold not work the land. the Black and Tans would come in the middle of the night, take the men outside, kill the father and kneecap the sons.
This custom of bursting into the homes of poor rural people in the night and tormenting them was imported into the United States by English and Scots immigrants. They didn't have uniforms, so they used white sheets.
The IRA decided that a dose of kneecapping was just the right medicine for captured Englishman and Scots Irish "patriots" who liked to burn houses down during marching season. They also used it for traitors, signifying that they were no better than the Black and Tans themselves.
- I still think the whole family was in on it. The father returns to Dagestan. The sons go to "visit him" and get training that brings them to the attention of a Russian anti-terrorism division. Upon their return to the US, Russia asks the FBI to keep an eye on them.
The mother becomes more conservative in her dress and claims she decided to make the son more religious. Bullshit. No Muslim woman in the US demands to be covered, as the mother claims she did. This story of the father returning to Dagestan because the son and mother became more religious is utter bullshit. The father returned to set up the household so that he sons could get training over there, and so that the sons could return there after they successfully finished their mission.
The mother returned to Dagestan before the bombings. Why? A relative said she skyped with the father and was surprised to see the mother's head covered in the background.
So -- both the mother and father were together in Dagestan before the bombings. Why? I think it is because they expected the sons would be successful at carrying out the bombings, remaining undetected and then return to Dagestan.
Load upon load of bullshit is what these family members are dishing out. They are trying to all get their stories straight so they don't find their own asses in jail. And of course they are going to denounce the sons. They're not going to say, "As a matter of fact, we're proud of them, but sorry they got caught. If only they'd been successful and made it out of the country, everything would be right as rain. We have quite a few sleeper cells in North America. Yeah, the younger son was more Americanized and better socialized with westerners; that's because he was younger when he got to MA and better able to learn English and identify with pop culture. But when his parents and brother told him what his mission was, of course he went along with it. It's his family. They would all be reunited in Dagestan and would be local heroes!"