- What is Brenda's long game? Discuss.
I think Brenda may be wanting "no drama," like Vecepia, the winner of [italic]Marquesas[/italic].
- I did notice during the minutes of chaos after Malcolm pulled his second idol, that Brenda was mouthing or whispering: "Andrea? Andrea?" I wonder if Andrea caught that?
- Reynold is still fucking hot. I want him deep in me.
- Brenda is playing a hugely different game than last time, and it looks like it will help her.
- I hope you all are not worried about Malcolm. We have a sneaking suspicion that he will miraculously find another idol exactly when he needs to.
- Phillip may be showing nice side at Ponderosa, but in all his post-boot interviews, the real Phillip is there in all his glory. He really trashes Malcolm and Corinne. Re: Corinne, Phil believes she talked too opened about her sex life (do not know if Eddie and Malcolm also talk about their sex lives so openly, if so I would love to get Phillip reaction).
He braggs about Malcolm having to use two idols to knock him out, completely missing the point that Malcolm disliked him so much that he was more than willing to do it to get rid of Phillip. (Malcolm is screwed, but a little less so if he had not given an idol to Eddie; Malcolm would have been left with an alliance of two, not three).
- For all his shenanigans, Phillip was the lynchpin in that alliance. They may have all been united in their dislike of him but they were united. Also, women beware women. That alliance is shot. Job done, Malcolm.
It's likely Andrea will ally herself with the bros. Dawn, Brenda, Sherri and Cochrane doesn't seem like such a strong alliance.
- "Also, women beware women."
Even Malcolm, Eddie and Reynold would laugh at that comment. The only way Andrea would form an alliance with the bros is if someone else could be drawn in like Erik. I do not see that happening, especially with Erik. If they get rid of Malcolm and Reynold, Erik is arguably the strongest left in physical challenges.
- Thanks R54 from the Lisa Whelchel Free thread for directing me here! :)
R53 from "Over There"
- I listened to Rob Cesternino's podcast that he does with Stephen Fishback for post-[italic]Survivor[/italic] episodes. Stephen thought Malcolm should have used those idols for leverage. I disagree. Had Malcolm done that, it would have given his opponents time to scramble and a potentially successful plan to counter strike. In this case, Malcolm had to have known that between the strong quartet -- Phillip, Dawn, Cochran, and Andrea -- he needed to used that Tribal Council to blow one of them out of the water. One may want to say Phillip wasn't the exact No. 1. But I think he was the most stubbornly disciplined of the four, in terms of a direct approach in navigating the game, and Malcolm made the right choice.
- Also R9, Erik voted with the bros already (Fillup!). So Malcolm, Eddie, Reynold, Erik and Andrea seems a likely alliance.
- Jeff was going to make sure that his three studs remained.
- You're welcome R53 from over there.
- Reynolds out next. Then Malcolm. Dawn will betray Brenda and Cochran will win.
- Phillip needed to go! He was a terrible leader, and didnt try to win challenges. LOL at Malcolm for admitting he's voting Phillip out during Tribal Council...LOVED IT!
- I am not sure if R15 is posting speculation or a spoiler, either way may I ask that you stop.
- [quote]Dawn will betray Brenda
She found my teefs!
- Oh, dear. Bye Malcolm.
- Bye bye Malcolm. Don't worry. You're popular enough and young enough that you'll be back.
Cochran is playing very well. His best night tonight, he beats Eddie after Eddie disparages him, and he helps engineer Malcolm's departure.
- Cochrane's arms drive me crazy with desire. He's so sexiful.
- Cochrane played well tonight.
Great challenge for long lingering shots of all the flexed biceps on the hunky guys.
- Eddy has doofus-face
- Malcolm is gone! What happened??
- DOZE BICHES!!! They got rid of my man-candy. I wish I was there to comfort him.
- "Cochran is playing very well. His best night tonight, he beats Eddie after Eddie disparages him..."
Of course, Cochran won. He had a huge advantage over Eddie, by accident, because of the bidding on the food items. Eddie would have won easily otherwise. I do agree that Cochran was very likable tonight, with some really funny lines.
Cochran obviously has has a big advantage over the 'fans' because he's played before, and they have not.
- Malcolm is wonderful, how can they have the nerve to get rid of him? What a bunch of jealous bitches!
- I am shocked producers didn't try to intervene on this one. Wow. I guess Reynoldo really is Jeff's new fave.
- Well I don't know, R29. Usually there is one advantage in the auction. Last night there were two. So Malcolm went for the first one and got an almost impossible task. Dig up an immunity idol when everyone knows you have a clue to something. The second was a much bigger advantage that would have helped Malcolm win for sure.
So is Cochran Jeff's favorite?
- I miss my beloved Malcolm..... hate that blonde bitch who wouldn't leave his side.
- I wonder how Malcolm is dealing with his Ponderosa reunion with fillip.
- R31, Andrea may be a bitch, but she was really smart to hang out with him. I can't believe Malcolm just expected them to give him privacy to search for the idol. He played a horrible game this time. His strategy was to team up with the other two good-looking, young studs? Doomed from the start.
I have become a real fan of Cochran and Dawn.
- In retrospect, Malcolm could have asked Eddie and Reynold to help him dig for the idol.
There would not be much Andrea could do when they found it. But, it was inevitable that the three guys are going home, one by one. The idol would have only saved one person last night.
- Cochran is being given the winner's edit and you saw that clearly in last night's episode.
- I know I'm an idiot but will someone please explain to me why they "split the votes". I don't understand how that works or why they do it.
- Reynold has that ghastly stare of a withering cancer patient.
- [quote]will someone please explain to me why they "split the votes". I don't understand how that works or why they do it.
In case one of their targets has a hidden immunity idol. So, if Malcolm had one and played it last night, Andrea and Reynaldo would've been tied and the tribe would've kicked out Reynaldo on the revote. If all six voted against Malcolm and he played an idol, the bros' 3-votes against Andrea would've sent her home.
- I see. Thanks!
- If Malcolm wanted them to think he had the idol anyway, what the heck would be the differece if he searched for it with Andrea there?
- Malcolm handled that really badly. He should have had his alliance out looking for the idol as a decoy. He could have shook Andrea if he's wantd instead of just standing there for an hour.
So after no Brenda we now get crying Brenda. Awesome.
- [quote]If Malcolm wanted them to think he had the idol anyway, what the heck would be the differece if he searched for it with Andrea there?
I couldn't understand that either.
If he was afraid that she would start to hunt for it nearby, he should have gone to a spot where he knew it wasn't hidden, started to "look" for it, and watch her reaction.
As someone upthread mentioned, he could have told Eddie and/or Reynold what the clue said, had them hunt for it while he was back at camp, and Andrea would have been none the wiser.
A lot of options Malcolm didn't take.
- So, did Brenda eat the pig brains? I wish she had scooped them off the plate and flung them at Jeff.
- I was really hoping for Dawn's diarrhea to start acting up during the challenge. As hard as she was straining I'm sure she had shit drips running down her leg.
I think this is the halfway point where the men have lost so much weight that their shorts begin to sag and CBS has to blur the boy's pubes.
- [quote]I miss my beloved Malcolm..... hate that blonde bitch who wouldn't leave his side.
She makes me so mad that I can just spit. I hope she gets voted off next.
- So that hidden immunity idol is still out there.
- Survivor is really going to suck now that Malcolm is gone.
- As long as hottie Reynold is still there I will be fine. At least we get to see Malcum during the tribals.
- It's just a diarrhoea fest!
- The way it was edited/played out, Malcolm looked like a little kid waiting for his parents to go to sleep so he could sneak down and look at the Christmas presents.
- [quote]CBS has to blur the boy's pubes.
Did you miss Edie's cockhead making an appearance?
- R44, I could have sworn Malcum pointed at Eddie's pubes right before they cut to the next scene, which had me rolling if that was the case.
- [quote]The way it was edited/played out,
It was all in the edit.
- I saw Eddie's pubes both blurred and unblurred in the episode but when did his cock appear?
- Watching Reynolds, Malcolm and Eddie during the pole challenge was great. Their muscles straining with their nipples poking out - yowza!
- "Did you miss Edie's cockhead making an appearance?"
Can you help by writing when it happened in the show. I did record last night, but your help would be great.
- Heading toward its final Wednesday of the season May 8 and its finale May 12, Survivor: Caramoan (2.7/8) was even with last week’s episode to match a 18-49 season high.
- Thanks for the scene with Brenda, Malcolm and Andrea all looking for the idol. To some degree it explains why Malcolm did not ask Eddie & Reynold for help...that would have brought several more members of the other allliance out there too.
- [quote]Reynold has that ghastly stare of a withering cancer patient.
Oh, gawd! You nailed it.
- I'll miss Malcum but he took it like a man.
- So surprised that the producers didn't do something to keep Malcolm in the game.. he can do one more edition, right? Or maybe he will be on Phil's The Amazing Race! Andrea could be his partner. Or Eddie.
- I was surprised myself that the producers didn't help Malcolm find the idol. Isn't he the reason the numbers are high on Survivor? What a bunch of maroons.
- They tried their best to give Malcum another idol but it didn't work out.
I wonder who's getting their help next? Maybe Erik.
- Speaking of Eddie, or more accurately Eddie's penis...without a HD tv the only likely possibility I could find is when Reynold, Eddie and Erik are talking sitting down just
before tribal. Eddie mindlessly leans forward to get food, and perhaps something pops out. If that's the moment, I could understand how the show could miss seeing the head of his penis.
- I'm a big Malcolm fan, but I think he made a mistake in agreeing to be on this season. Survivor: Caramoan began filming only three weeks after Phillippines was finished and Malcolm was clearly not ready for another season. The bad strategic decisions Malcolm made, and the fact that he was not as good in challenges as he was in Phillippines, was due to the lack of enough resting time. With more distance Malcom would have had better perspective and a healthier body. Malcolm gave us a great Survivor moment in using the idols to get rid of Phillip, but it was his mistakes- turning on the fans and aligning with Reynold and Eddie- which made that move necessary.
- Reynold and Eddie owe their still being in the game to Malcolm's bad move in choosing them over the favorites. If Malcolm had stayed with the favorites Reynold and Eddie might have been the first two people voted off after the merge.
It is very obvious that Jeff Probst and the producers wanted a male winner this season, and that Malcolm was the first choice. With Malcolm gone who will be their new favorite- Cochran, Eddie, Erik, or Reynold?
- I now think the winner of [italic]Survivor: Caramoan[/italic] will be Cochran.
[italic]Here is consideration of the remaining eight (prior to the episode airing 05.01.2013):[/italic]
[bold]Final Three Scenario: Andrea, Cochran, and Dawn.[/bold] (That's alphabetically by first name.) Andrea isn't going to win because of being rat-like. Dawn's betrayals will come back on her. Cochran, by comparison, will look like the one who played the cleanest game.
Brenda:[/bold] She is too silent; sort of like Darrah in [italic]Pearl Islands[/italic] (2003). So little in confessionals may suggest to some that she goes far. But I think it's because Brenda wasn't viewed as particularly interesting by the behind-the-scenes production.
[bold]Sherri:[/bold] She'd be a good goat for Final Three if it is perceived Sherri couldn't muster any juror votes. I liked her in the beginning when there was a feeling she could navigate the game well. But her alliance fell apart. She's flexible and adapts. But Sherri doesn't have the social part of playing the game.
[bold]Erik:[/bold] He is not strategic. And he is not playing to win.
[bold]Eddie:[/bold] Eye candy. But less capable than Eric.
[bold]Reynald:[/bold] He appears to be fighting a losing battle. Smarter than Eddie and Eric; but he's screwed.
- Hope this works-
Malcolm, Eddie and Reynold watch TV as Phillip is voted off Survivor.
- Erik is not strategic? He is playing on both alliances and both sides think he is one of them.
- That's true, R70, but it seems more reactionary waffling than strategy. At least the edit does.
- Not according to Malcolm's post exit statements, R70.
- Yes, Malcolm on Erik,
"He doesn't know what he's doing."
- Based on the editing I pick Dawn and Erik as two of the final three... But they will lose to whoever joins them. I can see Erik getting zero votes, which saddens me because I really liked him in his first season, and I like him now. As for Dawn I sometimes respect her, and sometimes find her pitiful.
I just hope something happens to keep the rest of the season from getting boring!
- Thanks for the video, r69. It was really nice to see the blindside from the "Three Amigos" point of view.
Something I forgot to add earlier: I am torn between picking Cochran as the winner, or as someone the editors are using to hide the real winner...
- Malcolm is so self-satisfied and yet he was gone six days later. Ha!
It's easy to second-guess, but maybe he should have stayed with his alliance a bit longer.
- Thanks, R75. I was really surprised to find that video of the Three Amigos.
Since there are two tribals on Wed. I assume Eddie is going home. Too bad because he's so thin his pants are about to fall down compltely.
- I can't stand Mormon Dawn.
- Is Eric still an ice cream scooper?
- Who was the second one out tonight?
- Goodbye Andrea. Got Ya!
- Boy would I love to see Erik and Eddie get it on. I think Erik is hot. The funny thing is he came on the show with that same head of hair and beard.
- His hair looks better wet than dry.
- Andrea is the fourth person who has gotten close to Eddie to be voted off. Malcolm and Reynold, of course, and the famously pretty women near the beginning. Eddie stays because he is no threat to anyone, but he would have won immunity last week if Cochran did not get that advantage at the food contest.
So you never know, perhaps they should have voted Eddie off tonight.
- Erik has Farrah Fawcett's hair.
- Malcolm flips his hair around like a girl. And when he's not flipping it, he cocks his head to one side, so that his hair cascades over his face just like a girl would.
- Reynold looked 10x hotter with the beard and goatee. If he wanted to shave it off, the 'stache has to go, too.
- Oh, gawd, the mustache is terrible! Looks like a cheesy 70's porn mustache.
- Glad to see that you can watch the most recent episodes on cbs.com because Survivor wasn't aired in Seattle tonight due to the local CBS affiliate airing coverage of the May Day protest ado/melee.
- I agree,r83! Erik is looking so cute this season!
- Andrea! Best blindside ever!
- She took it well.
- Yes, you can tell by hair placement that Malcolm spends a lot of time looking at himself in mirrors.
It's like he's saying, I may not win, but I'm still prettier than you.
- It does amuse me to hear Erik talk about how he's a swing vote and how powerful that makes him. Sherri said something similar a couple of weeks ago. What they don't seem to grasp is that ultimately they are casting a vote one way, and its in a way that someone else has orchestrated. They may get to the end, but I don't see either having a great narrative for the jury.
- Brenda's comment when she voted saying Reynold should have been more humble was true. But, it also pointed to Brends learning that lesson from the first time she played.
Like Andrea, she made a mistake by staying out there too long at the challenge. I do not see her lsated to the F3. In fact, I would not be surprised if she is voted out next.
- At tribal, Reynold had shaved off his beard but kept the moustache. He really did look like a "Reynaldo."
- Andrea was the only real "gamer" left.
As much as the editing wants to give the illusion that Cochran is playing extremely well, he's just not a strategist.
Erik, Sherri, and Eddie are dead weight.
I like Brenda and Dawn but neither played a memorable game thus far.
Cochran and Dawn have led the way on "strategy," which has been going on instinct. They hear. They assess. They respond.
The preview for next week suggests a scene in which Brenda talks about consideration of targeting Cochran. She's doing this talking with Dawn. If that is to play out, it's a reminder how Dawn has been the kiss of death.
I think the Final Three will be both Cochran and Dawn. The third slot will be of interest. They may be best off getting Sherri into the finals with them. The way it comes across, Sherri wouldn't get support from fellow Fans originals Reynald and Eddie. Michael? He was long ago.
- Is this Eddie? They say he emails his "junk" to women!
- Is Eddie mentally challenged?
- I will be attending the finale next Sunday night. If there is anything interesting to report, I will do so.
- [quote]Boy would I love to see Erik and Eddie get it on. I think Erik is hot. The funny thing is he came on the show with that same head of hair and beard.
Erik's hair is ridiculous, you can't even see his face. Isn't that style so last year?
- Also, Eddie has a lisp.
- I can't believe this was filmed almost a year ago. It's a long tome for the Final 3 to wait.
- In its third to last show of the season, CBS’s Survivor: Caramoan was number two in the reality triple header last night. Having said that, the long-time reality show took a 21% fall from the season high tie of its April 24 airing to hit a series low.
- I think Eddie's speech impediment is adorable. I think HE's adorable, period.
Two of the hottest Jewish guys ever in this cast, Eddie and Malcolm...+ Reynold, for good measure.
- I hope Dawn and Cochran go to the end, they are such an unlikely pair.
- Cool R102. Tell us everything! I'll bet it's a lot of fun to be there as it's happening.
- How do we know Eddie and Malcolm are Jewish?
- I've been wondering what would happen if you locked Eddie and Ryan Lochte in a room together. The fantasy is they'd have hot monkey sex but I fear they'd probably end up screeching and flinging their poop at each other. I'd still watch.
- Malcolm Freberg is not Jewish. Not every surname ending in "berg" is Jewish.
- [quote] Malcolm Freberg is not Jewish. Not every surname ending in "berg" is Jewish.
Is Peter Berg Jewish?
Eddie Fox, may, or may not, be Jewish. Likely just wishful thinking by R108 and me.
- You know that the producers were hoping that either Reynold or Eddie would win immunity and get the clue to the idol. I find it funny that Andrea, who kept Malcolm from finding the idol, left the game with it! Andrea should give the idol to Malcolm, since he was the producers original choice to have it!
Erik is no longer an ice cream scooper, r80! He is now a graphic novelist, I believe. Cochran was simply making one of his disdainful comments. Erik is very good-looking, once you get past the bad haircut, and I agree with the posters who find him very sexy!
Survivor:Phillippines and Caramoan were both taped early to accomodate Jeff Probst's talk show schedule, r106. Fall seasons are usually filmed in the summer; winter/spring seasons are usually taped in November-December. Given how badly Jeff's show did, I don't think it was worth it to make the final 3's of the last two seasons wait so long to know the results.
- [quote] Is Peter Berg Jewish?
Don't know how he was raised, but his mother was not so, under the rules of the Jewish religion, he is not.
- I continue to be torn...half the time I believe that Cochran is indeed the winner, but I also wonder if the editors are using Cochran so that they can "blindside" us with the real winner. The edit Cochran has been getting seems a little too perfect, but the editors may have decided to not bother with any sublety! But as I post I realize that if Cochran is not the winner the producers believe he should have won.
Do the players not realize that Eddie is the biggest jury threat of the final six? Eddie has three votes waiting for him: Michael, Malcolm, and Reynold, and Eddie may even get a vote from Andrea, since he voted with her. Being on the wrong side of the vote so often may actually be a blessing in disguise for Eddie!
Oh, the blindside of Andrea, who thought she would be blindsiding Brenda, will be another classic Survivor moment! This season has been on fire since the merge!
- It is very difficult to see anyone but Cochran winning with the editors giving him a Boston Rob worthy edit. Could happen, but I doubt it very much.
I do not believe that Eddie will make it the F3 now that Andrea is gone. And if he did, I do not think Malcolm would vote for him. Malcolm has been telling interviewers that he wants to come back for a third time; it would therefore be against his interests to vote for Eddie. (I do understand that the show was taped a very long time ago, so Malcolm's desire to return may not have been a factor back then.)
- You are most likely right that Cochran is the winner,r119. But the Survivor editors have sometimes fooled the audience. Remember that last seasons edit pointed to a Lisa or Malcolm win...yet it was Denise who took the prize. In this season the editors first pointed to Phillip, and then to Malcolm as winners, but they were both distractions. Cochran could be the "charm", or the editors may be misleading us once more
I don't understand, by the way, how who Malcolm votes for in the final 3 would influence whether he gets another chance at the game, or not.
- I can't imagine Eddie not winning the rest of the challenges and winning immunity for the rest of the season. It's really just one or two more episodes. Do you think he will wimp out like he did in the balancing act? If he put his mind to it, he could sweep the rest of the immunities. If that happened, I think everyone would vote for him because he should have, could have, would have been eliminated a long time ago, was in the first and worst fan alliance and still made it through to the end.
If the end is a nerd trio of Cochran, Dawn and Brenda: I can't see any one of them effectively arguing a majority of the votes. I see a split of the votes. Cochran and Dawn will both argue that they increased their individual game play from last season. Brenda will argue that she dealt with Shamara, the merge and being a fan and making it through to the end despite the favorites alliance.
Things just got interesting since there is no real favorite now, or strong personality. The chum is in the water and it's all about immunity and backstabbing until the end.
- I think you mean Sherri, not Brenda, R121.
- [quote]I don't understand, by the way, how who Malcolm votes for in the final 3 would influence whether he gets another chance at the game, or not.
I don't understand this either.
Do we know for sure that it's a final three? I really prefer a final two.
- Sherri will win.
- Yes, I meant Sherri! Not Brenda.
- For Eddie to sweep the remaining immunity challenges, they will all have to be based on physical strength or swimming skills, with no puzzles or standing in one place for hours. I just do not see Survivor featuring only strength/swimming contests.
My guess is Eddie will win one challenge. If so, Malcolm would be voting for a player, if he gets to the F3, who showed very little this season, except eye candy. For all their faults, everyone else still left, except Erik, has been much better at thinking through the game than Eddie.
I blieve Malcolm will vote for Brenda, Cochran, Dawn before Erik, Eddie or Sherri. He is too smart to vote for someone who so obviously does not deserve to win.
- I've got to admit, now that all the "power personalities" have been voted out...I'm quite excited to see what happens next. There's no one to root for - it's anyone's game.
- R126, I don't see Eddie making final 3, but if he does, I totally could see Malcolm voting for him. Malcolm forming a "3 amigos" alliance was so dumb, especially since Reynold and Eddie were hated by the fans for immediately forming a cool-looking alliance earlier.
Malcolm played a dumb game, just like he did the previous season. I don't understand why people think he's a smart player.
- [quote]Malcolm played a dumb game, just like he did the previous season. I don't understand why people think he's a smart player.
Malcolm is as smart as they come, it's just that alined up with the wrong people...Reynolds and Eddie.
- I think Malcolm is bright, but he doesn't play a thinking game. He wants to make big moves, but he doesn't consider the ramifications, nor did he think out resentment by aligning with the other two fitness studs.
- I agree R130. If he hadn't announced they were voting for Phillip at that tribal then maybe they might have seen more Brenda and co turn on Andrea a lot sooner.
- Malcolm will vote for whoever I tell him to vote for, goddammit!
- Is it …
… Or just Rey?
- It's Reynolds.
- It's Reynold. No "s".
- [quote]I can't imagine Eddie not winning the rest of the challenges and winning immunity for the rest of the season.
- Malcolm was one one my all-time favorite players, but he became less interesting when he chose to become of the "Three Amigos." At that point, I didn't care whether he was voted out or not. Eddie and Reynold are personality vacuums.
- "Eddie and Reynold are personality vacuums."
Right, as opposed to Dawn who can not get through 15 minutes of the show without crying,
or Sherri and Erik who have such winning, outgoing personalities. Or perhaps you would like to bring back Phillip and the Stealth R Us
I am not crazy about Reynold either, but he won challenges. Eddie has done very little, except stand around as eye candy.
I am enjoying this season since the night Phillip was voted off. The people left are not particularly interesting, but it's impossible to judge who will be in F3, and who will win. Even if Cochran is most often guessed. That's good TV by my standards.
- I find Brenda so dull that I am actually annoyed by her dullness.
- Oh, boo-hoo Dawn! Shut the fuck up!!
- I think Cocoran has this one sewed up. He's going to win.
- Sherri and Erik should tell Dawn if she wants to "play her own game" she needs to bump off Cochran. Then in the F4, they could boot Dawn.
Could you imagine a F3 of Sherri, Erik, and Eddie? Eddie would probably win even though he hasn't done much but drop out of a challenge to eat donuts.
- Not one of those other people can beat Cochran in the finals. Brenda was right to consider getting rid of him but if she wasn't an asshole in the immunity challenges to her alliance, she probably would still be there.
- The other thing is no one in the Cochran alliance told Erik that they would vote out Brenda. He was shocked. That means if Eddy or he doesn't win immunity this Sunday they will probably be gone too.
- Dawn is done.
She is now the perfect person to take to the Final Three.
That woman has no capacity to understand that her moves have a way of translating into betrayal after betrayal, understandably, in the minds of those she voted out.
It will be Cochran who will win that Final Three against Dawn and Sherri and the title for [italic[Survivor: Caramoan[/italic]).
It would be cool if the jury "Favorites" voted against Dawn and Cochran -- as if Sherri exquisitely conveyed how she was more skillful in navigating the game by adapting to different roles (leadership at the start; consensus support midway through her original tribe; compliant once the merge passed and the numbers were against her). But she wasn't viewed as pleasant enough. Cochran will win with at least six juror votes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sherri slip into second because of Dawn failing to get a single vote.
Dawn's latest betrayal [05.08.2013 episode] sunk her ship. She pissed away her chance at the title and the million.
- They are idiots if they don't get rid of Cochrane. He's the only one left who's remotely articulate and will steamroll in the final tribal.
- Dawn will not win, because she majorly blindsided Brenda. What she did was not cool.
It always happens, when you try to be nice to the tribe, you'll get voted out.
- Dawn would sell Brenda to Ariel Castro if the price was right.
- With Dawn's bitter, angry, spiteful reaction at not getting to spend time with her family, you saw the true colors of a selfish mormon. She didn't display the generous spirit they try to make us believe they possess. Later, she slapped on a happy, fake face and presented her "good side. It's so typical of mormon deception.
They expect good things to happen only to them, while also dictating the miserable lives everyone else should live (all the non-mormons. The same people whose death certificates they swipe and then covert to being mormons.).
- Dawn makes Russell Hantz look like a saint.
- Dawn is nasty. All the crying, betrayals and shrill behaviour are a turn-off. I know it's a game for money but what she did was fucked-up but not surprising.
- That was brutal. Dawn was not paying attention to that epic immunity challenge when Andrea beat Brenda, if she believed her victory over Brenda in the immunity challenge tonight was deserved.
As others have written, Dawn will make the F3, but not get a single vote. Those twenty tons of tears during this season did nothing for her, and tonight sealed it.
If there is an injury Sunday as hinted in the previews, it's mostly likely Erik given what we saw tonight. What happens if Eddie somehow wins immunity...unlike though; it will almost certainly not be a strength challenge?
- Maybe Brenda will win fan favorite.
- Wow r152 you said it! I grew up around a lot of mormons and what you wrote couldn't be more true.
- Uhhh, I doubt it, R156. Malcolm or Cochrane are much more likely.
- Dawn's husband was surprisingly cute....(I mean considering who he married.) GAY GAY GAY!!!!
- Are Brenda and the blonde woman fans or favorites?
- I have to say Brenda is a bit delusional. Last week, she was grinning from ear to ear when they pulled the same move with Andrea.
And no doubt, at the final tribal Brenda will hear the same thing Andrea will (You were a strategic player that won challenges, so you were the biggest threat to get to the final three).
This really is Cochran's to lose at this point. Especially if he manages to wrangle Dawn and Sherri along for the ride.
If Eric or Eddie squeeze into the final three, it's more of a crap shoot. I can see Eddie getting Reynold, Mike and Malcolm .... possibly Andrea and Brenda if both of them are still angry enough about their blindsides.
If Eric gets to F3, he has a shot too. He's played a good game challenge wise, socially and yet, many of his own votes have been as a lone duck, meaning he didn't stay aligned completely with anyone.
- How can Dawn possibly expect to beat Cockring?
- R152 wo true. Hate her and her fakery so much.
- Dear Brenda,
When I dropped my retainer in the water, you were such a sweetheart diving in and fetching it for me. To show my gratitude, I am orchestrating your early exit from the game.
With all of my love,
- Pulling for Cochran only because he has been the only one strategically playing the game. Dawn is getting on my last nerve with the tears and I honestly don't know why Sherri is still there. She's been coasting under the radar just voting whoever the majority target is each week. Erik may have a chance, but, as R147 pointed out, it spoke volumes that he wasn't told how to vote. Eddie has no business being there and the only reason he makes it to the final three is immunity.
I'm no Dawn sympathizer, but why no hate for Cochrane?
He did orchestrate this exit of Brenda.
Anyway, I'm no longer rooting for Cochrane. I think I'll be happy if Erick or Eddy wins this. Heck, I can even be down for Sharon, at this point.
But absolutely not Cochrane or Dawn. Now, of course, if I were in the game it would be different. However, as I see it, Dawn shouldn't have voted out Brenda, simply for the fact that they supposedly had a bonding moment.
Dawn even said she couldn't go against Brenda.
Well, after writing this, I can see the Dawn hate, but I'm still have hate for Cochrane.
- Good grief, R166, are you simple or drunk? And just so you know, there is no player named "Sharon."
I actually felt embarrassed for Dawn the way she carried on like a spoiled brat over not getting to spend time with her gay husband. And I noticed that her legs are still tree trunk-ish even though she's been starving for 35 days. I so hope she gets screwed over by someone.
I'm glad the smug got slapped of Brenda's face in tonight's episode. She was anything but humble. Example: Look how humble I am! I'm so humble! Humble! Humble! Humble!
- Brenda Lowe is pregnant.
- I don't remember Dawn saying she'd never vote Brenda out. I remember Brenda saying she'd never vote Dawn out.
- This might be the lamest final 5 ever. I hope Dawn falls down a hole.
- If the final three is Cochran, Dawn, and Sherri, it maybe the lamest survivor finale ever.
- Bet on it-
If she is in the F3, Dawn will be crying after Brenda questions her. Brenda was much less "humble" in her first season, now she has no reason to avoid attacking Dawn head on come Sunday night.
- Get over it, Brenda. You were outwitted. It's a game and no one owes you anything. Everyone is trying to win and only one will. No love for Dawn, but at least her crying seems less butthurt than Brenda's sobbing after being outplayed.
- Huge spoiler**********************************************************
Cochran wins. Because Dawn betrayed Brenda the way she did she lost her chance. The jury will go in on her.
Eric has a breakdown because of what happened to Brenda. He didn't know he will be quite upset next episode.
Check out the ponderosa clips. Phillip and others are talking about Dawn's betrayal.
Russell Hantz @russellhantz 8m
And Cochran cheated and I will let everyone know that situation at the end of the season!
- [quote] I have to say Brenda is a bit delusional. Last week, she was grinning from ear to ear when they pulled the same move with Andrea.
Thank you for reminding me of that. I was feeling sorry for Brenda somewhat until you pointed this out. She was indeed grinning ear to ear and I thought that was quite uncool.
Of course, we only see what we are shown and cannot possibly really know all that goes on 24-7.
- I understand contestants are emotionally drained and near starving but the carrying on during the family visits always gives me douche chills. Get a grip people. You will all be together in less than a week! What is this falling to your knees and sobbing? Puhleeze!
- Stephen Fishbach Blogs: Dawn's Misstep Turns a Loyal Ally Into a Bitter Juror
- The sex slaves in Cleveland were more composed meeting their families after 10 years than the people on survivor are after a few weeks of being apart.
I get douche chills too!
- r152=Mitt Romney's dog
- [quote] With Dawn's bitter, angry, spiteful reaction at not getting to spend time with her family, you saw the true colors of a selfish mormon.
Worse, all that whining and caterwauling wasn't even about not getting to spend time with her family -- when she finally stopped bawling like a five-year-old and used her words, it was all about the FOOD.
- Who gets injured or whatever?
- [quote] The sex slaves in Cleveland were more composed meeting their families after 10 years than the people on survivor are after a few weeks of being apart.
Thanks Just spit my coffee on my keyboard!
- Besides the new all-time low, Idol took another hit on Wednesday as Survivor: Caramoan (2.5/8) tied the Fox show for the first time in their common 8 PM to 9 PM hour.
With one more contestant voted off and up 4% from last week’s series low, the other big reality show of the night now heads over to a special Sunday slot to wrap up the CBS show’s 26th season on May 12.
- [quote]I have to say Brenda is a bit delusional. Last week, she was grinning from ear to ear when they pulled the same move with Andrea.
- I think it's clear that Malcolm and Andrea have been fucking. They both had that freshly fucked look.
- Fair dues to Brenda for giving the reward to the rest of the tribe.
But there was no reason to throw the immunity challenge to Dawn.
- Cock run has been given the winners edit for quite some time now. Last night 's episode only just sealed the deal. With last season's Big Brother winner Ian, and now Cock run winning Survivor, it's a Revenge Of the Nerds spooge-a-palooza.
- Who won Amazing Race, which I didn't follow this season. Nerds?
And I think Dawn just threw $1 million away with her senseless blindside.
- What Dawn did to Brenda was beyond cruel-she could have waited until at least Sherri or Eddie were gone before she made such a big move against her supposed 'friend' on the island. She was playing Cochran's game,not hers. They can't afford to leave any of the 'Fans'left in the game to win-particularly Eddie,who will have Michael's,Andrea's,Malcolm's and of course, Reynold's vote.
Anyway, glad for Cochran that he got to fulfill a personal dream of winning Survivor if the spoilers are to be believed, but as a viewer, all this manipulation of the game has gotten tired...
- Just watched the show again, Dawn cried through virtually the first 30 minutes. She needs some help from a professional. I can never remember anyone on Survivor crying on and on, show after show. And there will be more tears in a few days on the 2-hour finale and reunion show.
- [quote]Thanks Just spit my coffee on my keyboard!
No you didn't. Go back to TWoP with that shit.
[quote]she could have waited until at least Sherri or Eddie were gone before she made such a big move
Except last night was when she didn't have immunity. Gotta strick while you can.
- But the image of Brenda diving in the water to retrieve an hysterical Dawns's dentures should count for something,r192. I know it's a game,but after Brenda picked her for the reward as well shows that at least she thought they had a bond.
- Bonds won't win you a million dollars.
- Aa kid from a small street, I did very well on Wall Street, though I never owned a share of stock...
- As a kid...
- R189 Professional Hockey players won this year.
- Dawn will never win now.
She was and would have been the third person in EITHER alliance if she voted out Eddie.
Now she's a major target and has only the Cochran alliance to rely on.
- As much as I dislike Cockring I have to give him a golf clap for getting Dawn to turn on Brenda. He can now win against any of the remaining non-entities. I look forward to seeing Dawn ripped to shreds at FTC.
- Comments and questions about last nights episode:
I knew Brenda was most likely leaving because of all the airtime she suddenly began receiving after being mostly ignored by the editors through the season!
Why do posters think Dawn's husband is gay?!
Eddie gets his strong Jersey accent from his mother. I hope Eddie takes good care of himself and does not look like his father in 25-30 years!
Cochran and Eddie were both at a disadvantage in the reward challenge because of having aging and/or out of shape partners.
I thought I was the only poster who does not like Dawn. To me she is like nails on a chalkboard...and I am a Mormon! No joke.
The only Survivor who had a voiceover where he talked about his family during the barbecue was Cochran- And the only Survivor to have a family member talking about him in a voiceover during the barbecue was Eddie. Hmm...
All the male family members, except for Eddie's Dad, were attractive. Yes, I'm including Brenda's Dad.
Late in the episode I was rooting for both Eddie and Brenda to stay, and for Cochran to be the one to leave! Was I the only one? I am sick of the golden edit Cochran is getting and am hoping some big surprise is coming.
It is probably Erik who "goes down" in the finale.
- I felt very sorry for Brenda when she was so emotional at being voted out-but then I remembered a few things:
The condescending way she talked when casting her votes against Reynold and Andrea.
Her triumphant smirk when her blindside of Andrea was successful.
The gloating smile she had on her face when Eddie was out of the challenge.
Those self-congratulatory interviews she gave.
So my sympathy for Brenda was moderate. At any rate this was a bad move on Dawn's part. Dawn helped Cochran by getting rid of someone he saw as a threat, and she helped Eddie by keeping him in the game. The only way I can see Dawn getting any votes is if Cochran winds up in the jury rather than the final three.
- What is interesting is that Dawn thinks she's playing the game differently this time. But she's now, she's still following Cochran's lead ....it's just that this time he has gotten farther, so she has too.
Can't wait for the final tribal. She will be eaten alive. And even though I don't have much sympathy for Brenda, I hope she calls Dawn out and screams "I helped you find your false teeth !!"
- I'd love to see Cochran win. I hate Dawn and her endless weeping hysteria. Fucking loon.
- At the beginning of the episode the women were talking about how Cochrane was a threat and that they should think about taking him out when they had the chance. When Cochrane and Sherri went to Dawn about blindsiding Brenda, why didn't Dawn go reveal the plan to Brenda and try and turn on Cochrane? Dawn always opened her mouth in the past to blow potential blindsides. She had immunity so she had nothing to lose but they could have easily gotten Eddie and probably Erik to vote for Cochrane. Dawn proved herself unworthy of winning by not considering that play.
- Dawn just totally melted down this episode. She's fried, she can't think clearly (As Erik did, but kind of perked up)
Brenda waaaay overplayed her hand. She did not really think it through. Become the darling of the tribe? That's called putting a target on your back.
She should have been ready for that blindside, but she was too busy being humble and America's darling. But she would have been targeted sooner or later and the fact that Cochrane took her out is telling.
It's Cochrane's game to lose at this point. He's the only one with any brain power left. If he get's blindsided, it's going to be a really really lackluster finale.
- I really REALLY don't want to hear Cochran clucking at the final tribal council about how he's been a fan of this game since he was 13 and he learned from watching all the seasons and he learned from mistakes he made the first time around to improve his gameplay, blah, blah, bliddy, blah, blah....
See how long it took to read that ?
- [quote] No you didn't. Go back to TWoP with that shit.
Is someone in a bad widdle mood?
- Malcolm today tweeted something like "I made Philip go away so vote 14 at 5455 ten times. Sprinkles." And I definitely did. I'd hate to see Cochran get Fan Favorite.
- Yeah, Brenda was no angel herself at times, but she did allow the rest of the tribe to be with their families. Brenda also helped Dawn retrieve her dentures in the water, and picked her to be with her husband for the reward challenge.
What did Dawn do in return? She practically shit on Brenda. Dawn turned out to be an inconsiderate bitch.
- [quote]I don't like Jeff's shirts this season.
Wow, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that! I read on other blogs today that Erik has a major meltdown, after Dawn eliminates Brenda.
- Erik probably had a meltdown because his alliance didn't tell him they were voting out Brenda. They probably told him they were voting out Eddie.
- "When Cochrane and Sherri went to Dawn about blindsiding Brenda, why didn't Dawn go reveal the plan to Brenda and try and turn on Cochrane?'"
Because Brenda fucked over too many people including Dawn. First she knows how Dawn wanted to be with her husband but thought it would make her look better by giving it to all the others.
Second, again she refused to give up an immunity idol that meant nothing to her. If at the immunity challenge, she said Dawn you haven't won yet, I'm giving it to you she probably would not have gone home. But twice she did that to people in her alliance and now she paid the price.
- I'm with @R201.Not only that, Andrea was so sweet to her. Asking her if she knew she was going to be blindsided. Brenda came back together for a minute realizing what she had done.
Dawn is a certified cray. All over food. If they miss their loved ones that much 35 days being away then they should go on the game. Some of them really over react. Dawn melting down over food was crazy.
- "Late in the episode I was rooting for both Eddie and Brenda to stay, and for Cochran to be the one to leave! Was I the only one?" By
I had the same reaction. Cochran is getting a Golden Boy edit. I liked him for a long while, but his comments started to seem prepared, almost scripted.
Also, you wrote excellent comments about Eddie's parents, especially his dad. Without Malcolm and Reynold, Eddie seems like a nice person, as Sherri also said earlier in the season.
- [quote]I felt very sorry for Brenda when she was so emotional at being voted out-but then I remembered a few things:
The condescending way she talked when casting her votes against Reynold and Andrea.
Her triumphant smirk when her blindside of Andrea was successful.
The gloating smile she had on her face when Eddie was out of the challenge.
Those self-congratulatory interviews she gave.
I'm so humble!
- [quote] What is interesting is that Dawn thinks she's playing the game differently this time. But she's now, she's still following Cochran's lead ....
It's funny how I hated Cochran during his original season - really hated him.
My attitude softened this time because he seemed to have learned his lesson, and was much nicer.
This episode just reminded me all over again, of what a COCKROACH Cochrane is. He's a slippery, slimy, slithering snake of a human being.
A conniving, cunting concoction of pomposity and downright dirtiness. And I hope he fails miserably, and goes down in a crushing, humiliating defeat!
Oh, and Dawn has a nasty witch face!
Ice cream guy for the win! Everyone else sucks ass HARD.
- I was so uncomfortable and embarrassed watching them wail and cry about their loved ones, I had to get up and leave the room!
- R216? It's a game. Cochran is playing the game. And he's playing it well. All this alliteration is not necessary.
- [quote]If there is an injury Sunday as hinted in the previews
Or a major "I quit!" meltdown.
Dawn could possible totally loose it, having a nuclear guilt-trip after assassinating her tooth-fairy. Some think it could be Eric, but he's well-fed now.
- [quote]I have to give him a golf clap
- Dawn's game is in getting to the Finals. But it doesn't include actually getting the votes to win. She is calculating and cutthroat. Cochran is cutthroat, but he's been calculating how to actually win the game.
They have a 99 percent chance to both end up in the Final Three. They would take Sherri, who doesn't have many fans among the Fans who would rep three of those juror seats. (Even though her game, in her original tribe, was smart and focused … she ended up being flexible and adaptable to the changes in her roles. If it wasn't for poor relations, she would have a more feasible chance.)
I think we'll be glad once this is over.
- Anyone else catch Eddie's dad letting rip a nice big belch?
- is Sherri rich? How many McDonald's does she own?
- "Cochran is getting a Golden Boy edit. I liked him for a long while, but his comments started to seem prepared, almost scripted."
You know, he is a Harvard law student. Someone in that situation is likely to be able to talk in an articulate fashion, off the cuff.
Here's a Datalounge truth: Cochran would be worshiped like a God on this thread if he had the looks of Malcolm, Reynold or Eddie.
It's easy to dismiss Dawn's meltdown over lack of food as unwarranted craziness, but it's really hard for any of us to imagine what it's like to go that long with so little food, while also sleeping on the ground and participating in intense physical challenges.
I hate the Ice Cream Scooper. I hope he goes next.
- Why do you hate Erik,r225? He seems harmless and I hope he wins out of the remaining players left.
- Erik is a dolt.
- For R221:
- I agree about Erik's doltishness and that's why I'd like to see him go next. I'd also like to see Eddie, who is also a dolt, go too.
I'm not much for dolts.
- If there is an accident, I hope a big ol python wraps itself around Dawn and squeezes so hard it brings tears to her eyes... while she is yelling to to the other tribe members and camera man "Hep ME!.. Hep ME!
Have some humanity!
For the python.
- I believe the accident happens when both Eddie and Erik try to share the one functioning brain cell between the two, overheat it and fries them. Thankfully, there's no brain left to damage.
- Maybe Eddie rips the teeth away from Dawn and throws them into the ocean where they belong.
- Don't try to make a universal truth, r225. I am rooting against Cochran because of his smugness and the fact that he clearly sees himself as superior to his castmates. I'm also sick of the editing making Cochran look like a great Survivor player, when he actually did not do very much until recently. Oh, there have been a few handsome male Survivor contestants who I found so dull, unpleasant, or so hyped by the editing that it killed any attraction I could have towards them. Pete from last season is a pretty good example.
- R225: I am very aware that Cochran is a Harvard Law School student. Malcolm, who also attended an Ivy League university, is popular and witty, but hardly worshipped like a god.
Nice try though.
- Jokers posted that Erik is livid when Brenda is voted out. He pretty much has a meltdown, and it's not a pretty site.
- I wish they revamp this show and make it a true "Survivor" or "Survival of the Fittest" competition. I don't want to see any food challenges. It's okay for the contestants to win tools and gears, but no food. They would have to catch and kill their food.
Also, I say NO to feminine hygiene products, no shaving kits, etc. In other words, back to basics!
Let's see who the true survivor really is. This show has become boring and too predictable. It has also turned into a social game where the fittest people are voted off first. What a joke!!!
- Speaking of shaving, why does Eddie have such a thick beard but not a single hair on his chest? Lasers?
I think whoever predicted a Dawn meltdown/withdrawal from the game might be right. I saw a commercial for the finale that featured quotes and clips from every player but her. Sherri was barely shown either but she did get a quick soundbite. Is Cochrane a sure thing in a Cochrane-Eddie-Erik finale?
- What does feminine hygiene have to do with anything? Are you talking about tampons? How would seeing women with blood running down their legs interest you?
That's a different show. Go pitch it and we'll see.
- Just for the record R235, Malcolm is far more popular with the public than Cochran will ever be. In fact, Malcolm's nickname on other survivor sites is "golden boy" and not only is more popular than Cochran but is one of the most popular players to ever play the game.
I'm not r225 btw, I like both Malcolm and Cochran. I read an interview with Malcolm and he said that outside of the game they've become friends and admire each others strategy. Malcolm also said that Eddie and Reynold were nice guys but useless strategists. He added that Erik kept everyone at arms length which made him unpredictable. No one ever knew which way he would vote.
As politely as possible he was saying Erik, Eddie and reynold were all dolts.
- "As politely as possible he [Malcolm] was saying Erik, Eddie and reynold were all dolts."
Malcolm may be 'friends' with Cochran, but it's Eddie, not Cochran, with whom he did a Survivor-related event in Austin.
Eddie is also staying at Malcolm's place this week of the finale and reunion in southern California. Makes sense because Eddie and Malcolm are about the same age, and enjoy the company of women (understatement of the decade). I can not say Malcolm and Eddie have formed a life-long friendship, but they clearly like each other a lot.
- [quote]I am rooting against Cochran because of his smugness and the fact that he clearly sees himself as superior to his castmates.
And why in the world shouldn't he? Maybe because he clearly is?
[quote]I'm also sick of the editing making Cochran look like a great Survivor player, when he actually did not do very much until recently.
Which Cochran himself has acknowledged time and again.
- [quote]Malcolm, who also attended an Ivy League university, is popular and witty, but hardly worshipped like a god.
You've got to be joking, or this is your first ever look at a Survivor thread on the internet.
- I'm not suggesting that Malcolm doesn't like Eddie or Reynold r241. He clearly does. And I can only imagine how many women are following those two back to Malcolm's place day in and day out. Plus Eddie looks like he'd be easy going and fun. But that's not what Malcolm was asked. He was asked about Eddie's ability as a survivor player and he politely said he sucks. Which he does.
- Eddie is like the special kid that no one wanted to hit in dodgeball.
- I'd think any friendship between Malcolm of the strategic hair placement and Cochran of the strategic game play had primarily to do with Malcolm's determination to be on Survivor again and any insight the winner of this season could give him to win when he did.
- If Eddie makes it to the finale, I think he'll probably win. Surely he will get Malcolm's, Michael's, Reynold's, Andrea's and Brenda's votes.
- Malcolm in his interview said he doesn't believe in bitter juries and he will vote for the most deserving player. I think the only vote Eddie can really count on would be Reynold's vote. That's not to say the others wouldn't vote for Eddie, but that's the only one that's a guaranteed lock.
- R244: You were the one who mentioned Malcolm's
friendship with Cochran. I responded to that comment. Clearly, Eddie is not a good player of Survivor. It's exactly what I would expect Malcolm to say politely.
- I just watched Eddie's dad on the secret scenes on the Survivor website. It actually made me cry. I really want that kid to win now. I can't imagine my own father saying such loving things about me....good guy.
- How can Eddie be called a "FAN" of the show when he has displayed absolutely no strategy whatsoever? At least Reynold tried to make a few bold moves-Eddie just sat around eating donuts and talking about imaginary girlfriends!
And I can understand why Erik is keeping everyone at arms length this time around. He was played horribly by those broads the first time and made a laughing stock-he's very careful not to let that happen again.
- I was agreeing with you and clarifying what i meant R249. That's it.
- Not at all sure Eddie's girlfriends were imaginary. I'll give you the donut one.
- Cochrane IS superior to most of the players this season. He's pretty much manipulated every vote and the only one who seems to have much of an end game.
- Ro R243: I am aware that Malcolm is extremely popular with most Survivor fans. But, that popularity must have dropped with the extreme Cochran-type fans who appreciate excellent game play. Malcolm left his original alliance to team up with Eddie and Reynold and whoever else might join. He pulled off an epic blindside against Phillip, but was voted out the next show.
His game may have been weaker this go round because there was so little time between his seasons. But, I doubt that the Television Without Pity crowd retain a huge amount of respect for Malcolm.
- Plus, he didn't get a hero edit this time either. Some narcissism and comments about how he treats women took a little of the luster off Malcolm's hair this go round.
- [quote]Ro [R243]: I am aware that Malcolm is extremely popular with most Survivor fans. But, that popularity must have dropped with the extreme Cochran-type fans who appreciate excellent game play. Malcolm left his original alliance to team up with Eddie and Reynold and whoever else might join. He pulled off an epic blindside against Phillip, but was voted out the next show.
Malcolm should have never teamed up with Reynolds and Eddie, it made him look superficial and egotistical...which turned off fans. The blindside of Phillip was great, however.
- [quote]And I can understand why Erik is keeping everyone at arms length this time around. He was played horribly by those broads the first time and made a laughing stock-he's very careful not to let that happen again.
Yeah, you do not give your immunity idol to someone else, or allow tribe members to be with their families, because you will be voted out for doing a good deed. Happens every time!
- I don't like Eddie's beard, it looks like a Brillo pad...Yuck!
- I don't like it on his throat. It looks fine on his face, but that black pube situation on his throat is just wrong.
- I would think women would be turned off by Eddie's speech impediment and his shortness.
- Addressing a few things that have come up in recent posts:
You have to take Malcolm's comments on Eddie and Reynold with a grain of salt. Remember, Reynold left the game right after Malcolm, and Eddie is still in a precarious position. As for who Malcolm would vote for in the finals, Survivors have misled viewers in that matter in the past.
I don't see why Malcolm was "shallow" to align with Reynold and Eddie. Malcolm did not bond well with most of his fellow favorites, and clicked with Reynold and Eddie, so why not? Oh, and the "Three Amigos" are very good friends in real life, not just "friendly".
Reynold was married last December and seems devoted to his wife and stepson, so I doubt that he is joining Malcolm and Eddie in picking up women!
While Malcolm is at least friendly with Cochran in real life, I doubt that he is looking to Cochran for tips on how to play the game should he be given a third chance!
All of Cochran's fans building him up just makes me root against him even more.
- I agree with some of what you said R262. Malcolm turned on the favourites alliance because he was on the bottom of it. He said he and Corinne were never included in any of the decision making and it would have been stupid to continue to sit on the bottom of that alliance without trying to change his position in the game. Eddie and reynold were looking to the same thing, so it made sense for him to join them and try to recruit others in a new alliance.
Obviously it didn't pan out, in part because both and Eddie and Corinne ran their mouths.
No one has ever said reynold is out picking up women. Earlier on I quoted what malcolm had said about reynold and Eddie as a survivor players and what he has said about his friendship with Cochran. That's it. Im sure he likes all of them for varying reasons, whether he's friends or friendly or whatever is irrelevant.
Personally I want either Dawn or Cochran to win. But I don't care in the great scheme of things. By this time next week I'll never give these people another thought.
- I never really like Cochran but other than him I can't see anyone else winning this game. I don't think there was anyone from this season that is deserving of the win except maybe Cochran.
- I think Cockring should win it. However, I think if he doesn't, then Eric's hair should win.
- As long as Eddie's neck beard doesn't win.
- [quote]I hope Eddie takes good care of himself and does not look like his father in 25-30 years!
I always laugh when I read shit like this here, because the person who wrote it is so fucking old they won't be around much longer to see Eddie in any form.
- If Eddie does not win & is invited back, he should hire Cochran as a coach. Fabio/Jud and Eddie are too much alike. And Eddie would see Parvoti as a potential girl friend. Boston Rob may live closest to Eddie, important since Eddie has a full-time job.
- I don't think Eddie is smart enough to learn anything from a coach.
- I hear that on tonight's finale, one contestant drops out and they fly in Russell Hantz to finish the season. They give him an immunity idol too. Best. Player. Ever.
- I'm hoping the contestant dropping out is a weeping, hysterical Dawn, suddenly remorseful about her betrayal of Brenda.
But I fear it's going to be Eric. If he drops out voluntarily this close to the end, it will be an even stupider move than giving that girl alliance his immunity idol.
An injury ... understandable. Voluntary ? Just dumb when you're in the Top 5.
- Eddie's dad on the experience of visiting his son on Survivor. He talks about spending a lot of time waiting with other Survivor families. At one point, Ed says, "Their knowledge of the show was so much greater than mine and my wife's." Eddie's interest in growing up was to be a fireman.
So it's pretty clear that Eddie & his family did not watch Survivor, and he was almost certainly recruited. That does not mean that he could not have done more homework, depending on when he was recruited. It may be that Eddie has no talent for Survivor. But, on the afternoon of the finale, he is still on the show.
So we really do not know whether spending quality time with Cochran would make any difference (given that Eddie has at least made it to the F5 this time).
- Rumor - Spoiler ****************************
Dawn is too pregnant to fly into the finale. And attends via Skype. So says Hantz on his twitter acct.
- I have a feeling Eddie meets girls in bars who are attracted to him at first. A few minutes in they realize that he is a doofus and make excuses to get away. He may have a hot little body but that's about it.
- Hey! That's my game play!
- Dawn PREGNANT ??? Isn't she like 50 ? Oy.
- I love Erik
- Sad to see Eric go. Was hoping it was Dawn.
- Poor Erik....another bad takeout. This must be the furthest anyone has gotten and then gotten pulled for medical reasons.
You know that the rest of them were all secretly going "Yaaaaaah.... Final Four, baby".
Hope Eddie makes it in .... it was sweet how he tried to explain what was happening to Erik.
- Definitely Cochran's to win with this latest .... If one of the other three win final immunity, I wonder if any of them realize how foolish it will be to let Cochran get to final three.
- My sister wives said I played an awesome game!
- Although I'd like to see Dawn blindsided, I'd miss the chance of seeing Brenda rip her a new one at the final three tribal
- Cochrane is going to toss Eddie. He knows this game and he knows that Eddie has more friends on that jury than Dawn does. He'll take the followers Dawn and Sherri to the final.
They might as well just give him that check at the final tribal. Very anticlimactic.
- Dawn is in her early 40s.
- I think you are right R283.
- I hope Sherri goes along with that too.
- Exactly, R283
- Is it just me or did the jury look THRILLED that Eddie got voted out and that they'll all get to burn Dawn at the final tribal council ?
Which juror will be the first one to say "No crying, Dawn"
- Eddie is all shaved.
- Cochran's got it in the bag.
- A Dog shelter-slash-bar, Eddie? Really?
- Dawn was actually more well spoken than the other two final three constestants.
What the hell was Sherri babbling about ?
- Eddie's dream bar (with doggie day care) made me laugh. Funny stuff.
- There's some serious Dawn-hate tonight.
I think this is going to be a Cochrane landslide.
- I like Erik, but I'm glad Sherri didn't take any of his "insight."
- HY-sterical how Eric read Sherri .... and then she dismissed him and was never asked a question again.
And Brenda was CLASSIC in insisting Dawn take out her teeth.
I won't be suprised if Dawn gets a couple votes. Two tops.
- Dawn's teefs!
- That had to be the best jury questions ever. Reynolds was the best. I think the gay guy and maybe Andrea might vote for Dawn and the rest for Cochran.
- Was that blonde guy next to Cochran's father his boyfriend?
- Ewwwww....what's up with Cochrane's Hitler mustache at the reunion ?
Malcolm looks hoooooooooot at the reunion. All that flowing hair.
Well at least Dawn and Sheri weren't delusional about their chances to win. And they were right. Apparently a landslide.
Will Brenda and Dawn kiss and make up ?? Hope not. Brenda doesn't get the whole 'it's a game' thing.
- Brenda is not on the show.
- Brenda might be the pregnant one.
- Does Brenda know who the father is?
- They (CBS) always have to drag out Boston Rob. Will he be on Big Brother next?
- Reynold called it on Dawn exactly. SO PHONY. She couldn't even muster up a realistic apology to Brenda.
I did like her answer that she was voting off anyone who didn't have her last name though.
- First time the other contestants are in the audience not on stage.
- R300, after that speech of Cochrane's about being himself, I was really expecting him to come out too.
- Oh for fucks sake, they're gonna ram Boston Rob down our throats again.
- Is Russell Hantz' cray-cray nephew on the show,or did his breakdown get him banned forever?
- I wish Dawn would have said why she voted out Brenda. The reason she gave during the show was first Brenda didn't allow her to be with her husband, she allowed the other losers to have a visit with their families to benefit herself in the jury and also when Dawn asked Brenda to throw the challenge to let her win one, Brenda for the second time, was going to screw her alliance. I would have voted her out too.
- From that clue for next season, I'm thinking it's going to be the 'Battle Royale' season. Kill or be killed. There will be blood.
- On the next SURVIVOR: Villains vs Villains:
Boston Rob, Russell Hantz, Coach, Phillip, and more!
- JR is on The Bold and the Beautiful??!
- I like the stage not being crowded up with all 20 players.
- I thought maybe they were going to Jordan!
- I think that teaser promo heeds an earlier posters advice and they did not allow feminine hygiene products on next season's Survivor
- If both Dawn and Sherri got no votes, does that mean they tied for second/third and equally split the prize money ?
If so, Malcolm just won more than both of them and he didn't make the final three. HA.
- Damn .... not a single word from the first 9 voted off ..... or Eddie .... or Mike ... or Sherri .... or Erik ....
- Blood on the Water leads me to believe that 'Villains vs. Villains' is a possibility.
But, a warning to CBS -- I'm out if there are any returning players for the third (or more) time. Enough is enough.
- Someone on Twitter guessed relatives for the blood. Interesting thought.
- Blood vs Water.
- Family edition. That worked so well for Amazing Race. Not.
- [quote]Damn .... not a single word from the first 9 voted off ..... or Eddie .... or Mike ... or Sherri .... or Erik ....
And yet they managed to give face time to Boston Rob and some homely tinsel-toothed tween.
- Okay the old fuck using the word queer really pissed me off.
- How much you want to bet it's family vs. family member and... surprise (!) they drag in members of the Hantz family.
- Who's JR? Malcolm is on the Bold and the Beautiful.
- I so agree about 3 times playing the game being the limit. There are hundreds who have played the game and are memorable. Use THEM!
- I'm pretty pissed of about the homophobic crap that they got away with. And Probst egged it on by veiling it behind "only a lovable old coot like Rudy could get away with it". It's unacceptable and inexcusable.
- JR is Jacob Young's character from AMC. Of course he was Rick Forrester on Bold long before he was ever on AMC. When the latter got canceled he jumped back to his old soap playing Brooke's son again.
He's been there for over a year and even I've stopped calling him JR anymore.
- In my Northern California area,
the show is frozen on the screen.
- What did RUdy say?
- Just got back from the taping. Snore.
There wasn't anything that happened that wasn't shown on tv. Well, they did play 5 seconds of one of those "survivor lego" youtube homage pieces. And Philip showed that he was wearing pink underwear.
- God, how many times can they trot out the repulso Boston Rob?
- Let's not forget that B-Rob is married to another Survivor winner, Amber. Hmmm, I feel a family themed blood is thicker than water premonition coming on.
PS - be sure to buy Rob's amazing book!
- Brenda asking Dawn to take out her teeth on national TV for the sole purpose of humiliating her was truly beneath contempt. Even worse because it had a feel of the sorority girl humiliating an older, less attractive woman. I didn't even like Dawn one bit, but wow.
- Agree about the use of the word queer twice by the 85-year old Navy Seal, yet another appearance by Boston Rob, and the child who really had nothing to say. Otherwise, Probst just focused on Cochran, Brenda vs. Dawn, Malcolm and a bit of Andrea & Reynold. Three of the five people (Sherri, Eddie, Erik) in the front row never spoke after Cochran won, let alone the people in the rows behind them.
Luckily, Cochran spoke well and deserved to win. But, that's the only positive thing I can say. They put Brenda in a position where she had to accept Dawn's apology. Dreadful!
- It was insulting to those who played to not even get on the stage. There was no need to talk to Boston Rob, Rudy (I don't care that he's 85, he shouldn't be allowed to use that word) and that girl. I've watched every reunion show and tonight's was the poorest they've ever done.
- What irks me most is that the whole Rudy scenario was specifically set up an designed to get a laugh at a macho navy guy and a "queer". Rudy knew exactly what was about to go down and CBS was in on it. It was sickening.
- I was also offended by that old bigot Rudy. He said queer so easily. CBS should apologize. What if he called someone the N word, TWICE! I don't offend easily but there was a gut reaction to the way he said it.
- I had to complain to CBS about Rudy. Here is a link to complain if you are interested.
- Predictable but satisfying.
- Dawn admitted that her game play was to get close to other tribe members, and then vote them out. Given that unusually ruthless way of playing Survivor, Brenda gave Dawn back what she deserved. And the jury agreed; Dawn received no votes.
- As the Upfronts prepared to kick off in New York, the networks wrapped up several of their shows for the season on Sunday night. On CBS, they had a winner on Survivor: Caramoan (2.6/8) as the reality series ended its 26th season.
After a finale puzzle challenge, it was down to the three finalists, running to about 10:09 PM when the winner was announced. The highest-rated broadcast of the night, the live two-hour plus show, which has usually run on Wednesdays this season, was even with its May 8 airing. However Survivor was down 19% from its Season 25 finale on December 16, 2012 and down 10% from it last Spring season finale on May 13, 2012.
Immediately after the season finale, a special live Reunion Show (2.2/6) with all the contestants from both the Fan and the Favorites tribes aired. Last night’s Reunion Show bopped up 5% from last season’s version but was down a slight 4% from its Season 24 show last spring. As is common with live shows like this, expect an adjustment in the final numbers later today.
- Survivor 27: Smear the Queer
Rudy Ernst Boesch, new GLAAD spokesperson
- Erik gave a post-reunion interview to EW Magazine where he voiced his displeasure with the way the reunion show was run.
Why even have the non-jury members of the cast there? The TV viewers might not have even known they were seated in the audience if the camera hadn't panned past them once or twice.
And a random audience tween with braces got more speaking lines than most of the jury members.
Erik noted that he never had a chance to explain anything about his illness that got him pulled from the game. It was interesting though that he says he was barely able to keep it together at the tribal when Brenda was voted out. He wasn't even 'with it' enough to realize that his buddy Brenda had been blindsided. He was just trying to maintain himself enough to get through that vote because he knew if he let on how sick he felt, he'd be going home instead of whoever they planned on voting for.
- One thing I was pleased about was that there was no mention of the Hantz family and no shots of Brandon. Was he even there?
- A thought it was appropriate that Rob was there since Phillip had invoked his name/technique so often. Still looking fit.
- I used your link to complain R341. That was so cringeworthy.
- Brandon hantz was banned from the reunion R347. Apparently his uncle Russell has been threatening Phillip and CBS decided to ban the whole nutty bunch from appearing. Russell was absolutely indignant that Brandon was banned and he was livid that Boston Rob was interviewed and he, the great and mighty Russell Hantz, wasn't.
I just wish they hadn't shown Brenda's smug face either. I'm indifferent to Dawn, but Brenda is horrid. Ugh.
The whole reunion show was terrible. Who cares about survivors whose names I've forgotten. Who cares about some love struck tween! Poor malcolm, who along with Reynold, looked as high as a kite could barely focus on the kid as she stammered her adoration.
- That kid was probably effervescent and charming in her pre-show interview. Too bad she was excruciating to watch on the live show.
- I'm not going to bitch about that little kid, on a show where we had to hear Jeff call Cochran a sex symbol, had to listen to a senile former player, and sit through *yet another* appearance by Boston Rob, this time touting some assinine book that he authored.
- Thanks for the link to the Erik interview, R346. Reading tthe interview reminds me of the reasons I am a big Erik fan- very nice guy, and underneath the surface eccentricity, very insightful. Erik says that Dawn was not going to win after what she did to Brenda. Brenda, along with Erik and Cochran took care of Dawn during the game. It probably didn't help that people already found Dawn irritating because of her meltdowns. Sherri stood no chance of winning because no one believed she had a strategy.
Erik believed that Eddie would have won in the finals because he was so well-liked. If Erik is right then Cochran did the right thing in voting Eddie out. A great insight from Erik is that Cochran won the game because he was always in a good place strategically, and because of his timing. All of the players who made big moves were on the jury.
- Um, Brandon and Russell probably weren't there because they were leaving the following day to shoot?
I was surprised to learn that they wrapped this show last June. That's a long wait. I wondered how Brenda was about to give birth.
- Cochran himself said timing was a big part of his game play and succcess.
- She probably was R351, but why interview her at all? By wasting time on her and a bunch of other irrelevant people Jeff ignored Erik, Eddie and Sherri?
I'm no fan of Sherri, but she made it all the way to the end and at one point was running the fans alliance. Surely he could have thrown one question in the direction of any one of those people.
- I'm not a fan of Sherri, per se, but I don't understand why people feel Survivor is now a game about "big moves". There's no rulebook on how you have to play the game, so it's perfectly legitimate for someone to get to the end by playing under the radar, and staying out of the line of fire. (And it's just as legitimate for the jury to decide that style of play shouldn't win.)
Of course, if that is your strategy, you also have to own it. You have to go to final tribal and basically say you were trying to just form relationships and not piss anyone off by targeting them, or by backstabbing them.
And when it comes to Sherri, it's not as though she really had the social game or relationships to pull this off, like Natalie did against Russell a few years ago. But I don't think Sherri was "unworthy" of her spot in F3. I don't think there is "worthy" or "unworthy" in Survivor, it's just about did you somehow outlast everyone else.
- R357, I think the real reason why the jury was so hard on Sherri is because she played a very bad social game. No one liked Sherri as an individual, so it was hard for them to notice any strategy she had.
- Not to mention Sherri was just awful in the challenges and had the gall to insist that she was running the show.
- [quote]There's no rulebook on how you have to play the game,
Yes there is... pay attention!
- LOL R360.
The best part about Boston Rob writing that book is that his wife won the game (before he did, I might add) playing exactly the game that everyone criticizes now.
- Brandon was banned, because he is crazy, and a liability to hurt the cast or audience.
- I think Malcom is one of those rare Survivors who looks much more attractive on the island.
On the reunion show he looked vain and kind of douche-y with that hair falling over his face and his constant hair-flipping.
Sherri's reply during final tribal as he as going off on her in a bizarre accusatory fashion should have been... "Yes, Eric. Just like you I did nothing, had no strategy, and rode along on other's coattails. Just like you, Eric."
- I thought Erik was the sexiest of the guys. He had beautiful hair, and nice hairy loins.
- Does Jeff know that viewers are sick of Boston Rob already? He needs to go back to his Ambah already.
- Where exactly are your loins?
- I heard that Erik was very hurt the way Sherri treated him on Tribal Council...she totally dismissed him rudely.
- "I think Malcom is one of those rare Survivors who looks much more attractive on the island."
Definitely. The blow-dried Fabio look was ridiculous.
- Malcolm seemed very stuck-up on himself, and his acting performance on The Bold & Beautiful was very stiff. I think he should pose nude for Playgirl magazine.
- What did he expect R367
I liked her reaction, he was being an asshole accusing her of playing the same game that he played. I like Eric but his rant came out of left field and made him look ridiculous. Perhaps there was some pre-existing mutual dislike that the viewers never learned about.
- I read that Erik didn't actually sit down when Sherri told him too- that it was editing. And he was pissed about not even being given the opportunity to talk at the reunion...which sucked. Fuck Boston Rob and that old shit Rudy. And Malcolm looks like some pedo pirate when he's scrubbed up. Not attractive.
- I agree that Malcolm looked pretty average at the reunion. He also looked high.
- Yes, r371, Erik talked about how he felt it was disgraceful the way Jeff did not talk to most of the contestants, and even put the pre-jury people in the audience. Erik said- and he's right that most viewers need closure with the contestants in order to move on a season, and the way Jeff ran things kept the audience from having closure. Erik also felt really bad for the pre-jury people, who had no idea until the reunion that they would be sitting in the audience, and would not be asked any questions.
Erik also says that someone in the editing room does not like him, since he was portrayed as just drifting along with no strategy.
- One way in which the editors made Erik look bad was by making it look as if he sat down when Sherri told him to do so. The editors must really not like Erik if they would try to make Sherri of all people look good at Erik's expense.
- russell posted dawn without her teeth
russell also tweeted that cochran called the other favorites before the show to make pre-alliances
- I think this reunion show will be a game changer for Survivor. I don't expect there is any *great* feedback at all. And I think future contestants would ask about the set up before even committing to attending the reunion. Nearly 2/3rds of this seasons contestants said NOTHING at the reunion. Unacceptable.
And yet, the hour flew by ..... weird.
- [quote]Erik also says that someone in the editing room does not like him, since he was portrayed as just drifting along with no strategy.
Okay then, so what did Eric do that would have warranted more air-time?
Every player claims to have a strategy. Eric's was to float, as he pretty much said so himself.
What's so air-time worthy about floating?
- I wonder if they split the show up if it would work better. Like the week before have it end @ the 4th out and then save the jury questions and reunion show for the week after. 3 hours of Survivor was just too much for me.
They should also get rid of that memory walk thing they do. It's cheesy. I bet they barely remember Allie.
- Erik has also said that he was removed from the game because of a cut that had become infected on his leg. He had been ignoring it, but his brother became concerned about it when they had the visit from family and spoke to the survivor drs about it. They had told him that he needed to keep hydrated as much as possible, but of course that was a little tough and it resulted in him being evacuated from the game. So he wasn't "starving" as the editing made out. He had been on every single reward so he couldn't have been hungrier than anyone else, but he never had a chance to explain that at the reunion because instead of speaking to erik, Jeff spent the entire reunion speaking to anyone and everyone who didn't actually play survivor.
- If anyone in the Hantz family is appearing on the Blood vs Water game, I will not be watching it. I may even retire my loyalty to the show. CBS invites trouble; sooner or later things will spiral out of control, and we'll all find out someone was seriously injured or killed.
- [quote]So he wasn't "starving" as the editing made out.
No, I don't think this was "made out" to appear to be the case by editing... they made it clear that this was the direct cause of Eric's sudden medical evacuation.
It's interesting that it may be otherwise, but Eric said as much on-camera at Ponderosa.
You may be right that this could be why he was outright ignored at the reunion show. In reunion shows past this would have been a major topic.
This reunion show sucked. I wanted to hear from several interesting players who didn't make the jury. Wasn't that once the point of a "reunion" show?
This might be another sign of how SURVIVOR has suffered in quality once Jeff became an executive producer rather than a hired presenter.
- They could have cut-off Boston Rob and Rudy "I didn't get to call him a Queer" Boesch, and concentrate on the contestants who didn't make it to the finals.
Worse. Reunion. Show. Evah!
- Producer Jeff Probst doesn't care what people think about the new format of the reunion show. The show is better staged this way and he thinks it will continue.
As he says...
[quote]Quite often when someone is voted out early they just don’t have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show.
Yup. He said that some actual players of the game don't deserve a spot on the reunion.
But random Justin Bieber-ish fans can take up camera time with nothing to say except that they think Malcolm is cute.
- There's a short interview with Probst at EW.com (can't find the link and you can't search; maybe somebody else can link) where he claims they had a new studio for the reunion with not enough room on stage that's why part of the cast had to be in the audience. Sounds like BS and he also came off dickish in saying it would probably be the same setup in the future.
He also made the point that Dawn told Brenda she would pull herself from the game rather than let anyone see her without her teeth so he saw Brenda's demand she take them out as a legitimate comment on Dawn's lies during the game rather than pointlessly cruel bullying. I say Brenda didn't make that argument articulately enough so she just looked mean girl.
- Fuck him. Now that the season was poor, the reunion was a disaster, and he's completely unapologetic, I might not bother watching next year.
The reunion show is always awful, but this one was the most awfullest. The only highlight was Malcolm's hysterically bad acting clip.
I still like the show (I used to love it), but Boston Rob (who as best I can tell is a decent guy) is beyond wearying. I felt exasperated the moment he popped up on the screen.
Jeff Probst has a major boner for B Rob and the Hantz clan, and it is super fucking annoying.
Blood vs Water sounds like a set-up for some kind of familiy edition, where they will trot out familiar faces along with a spouse / sibling / partner / parent / whatever. I hope to God am I wrong, but it seems kind of obvious. In addition to being a bad idea all by itself, it almost certainly means we'll get Rob and Ambah and the Hantzes.
I am predicting it will be the worst season ever, with loud discussion that shark jumping has been completed.
- R383 linked the interview I mentioned. Thanks!
- Rumor has it that the Hantz clan VS the Boston Rob clan. If that's the case, then I won't be tuning either. I'm tired of these idiots already, but Jeff obviously can't get enough of them.
- Some survivor spoiler website didn't mention either the hantz family or Boston Rob and Amber returning for the next season. I read it yesterday, but can't find the link again. There were a whole bunch of people I could barely recall. The only one that I recognized instantly was Rupert and his wife, which is traumatizing because I'd hoped to never see him again.
I doubt the Hantz family will return, as much as Probst loves them apparently CBS does not.
- [quote]Quite often when someone is voted out early they just don’t have enough story to warrant a spot on the reunion show.
He's sorta right. In the past, the early departees would get time for a quick answer to a quick question, and then the show would move on. That was fine, by at least acknowledging that these people participated.
If not for Rob, Rudy, and loads of pointless pain-in-the-ass who-gives-a-shit tweets, there would have been plenty of time for this. Who fucking cares about what people are tweeting for fuck's sake?
I don't turn the show on to be told what people I don't know or care about are saying about the show, I want to hear from people that were there, and played, this season.
As for not enough room on the stage, only the most rabidly obsessive Probst fan would believe that bullshit.
It sucked, it was shit television. Own up Probst and Burnett. You fucked it up.
- SURVIVOR was far more interesting and fun to watch and had much higher ratings before the gimmicks and stunt casting.
Nothing kills off a good show like an executive producer does.
- Survivor was down 19% from its Season 25 finale on December 16, 2012 and down 10% from it last Spring season finale on May 13, 2012.
- [quote]The only one that I recognized instantly was Rupert and his wife, which is traumatizing because I'd hoped to never see him again.
Oh, no...please, not him again! I want to see new contestants only.
- I loathe Rupert. He's had more than his fair share of kicks at the can.
I don't want to see that tie-dyed motherfucker again.
- Rudy thinks "The Queers v. Normal People" would make a great season.
- Malcolm's clip from the Bold and the Beautiful looked like gay porn to me...
Supposedly Rob Cesternino and his wife will be contestants on the new season. They made up a story about moving and not having internet, and Nicole being pregnant as excuses for taking a hiatus from podcasting. Lame excuses, to be sure, but necessary under the circumstances.
Ares (hot hot hot) is supposed to be on there too, with his brother, and also Tyson, with his girlfriend.
I am ignoring the Rupert rumors, in hopes that Jeff replaced him with Malcolm and his brother.
Kat Edorsson is rumored to be on the show with her sister, but now there are rumors that her boyfriend Hayden (BB12 winner) will appear as her "family".
- [quote]Malcolm's clip from the Bold and the Beautiful looked like gay porn to me...
- Tooth-gate is just more whining from Dawn. Everyone knew she had a partial. Big fucking deal. Nothing to be ashamed of. She could have said no, or she could have laughed at Brenda and taken them out. Who cares?
- all u have to do is see who doesn't post on their twitter for the next 30-40 days
- Malcolm's acting performance!
- Didn't the contestants just fly out in the last 24 hours? Has anyone from the list above gone quiet? I'm not on twitter, but my bf says Malcolm is constantly on twitter so has he fallen off the raider?
- I'd like to see Aras again. I liked him a lot.
- Spoilers/rumors for next season:
Monica, and Kat from One World, Tina from Australia, RC from Phillipines, Laura, Aras, Gervase, Rupert, Tyson, and Colton. The other 10 would be the corresponding pairs.
- Oh dear God, not Colton. There goes another season I'm not going to be able to watch til some psychopath is voted out.
- RC. I can't take that laugh. And her constant need to talk, talk, talk.
- I trashed Cockrran earlier in this thread, but I take it back (a little).
He came across as a slightly decent guy at tribal council, but boy did they let him off easy.
I think it's clear that the real villain is Dawn. She is such a phony. Can't stand people like her in real life.
Cockran is still a jerk, but I don't think he has bad intent. Based on his explanation at tribal council, every move he made was absolutely strategic, and not really personal. So I give him that. Nice decent people don't win Survivor.
I was really pissed that only the jury made it on to the stage, and I'll bet that's Jeff Probst's doing.
His ego has really gotten out of control every since he became an executive producer.
At least give the players the respect of being on stage. They participated in something that was really momentous for them, so give them their due.
Spending the airtime on Boston Rob and Rudy was fucking bullshit. But of course, Probst knows everything - MORE RUDY, MORE ROB! Fucking idiot.
The show has really gone downhill since Probst started calling the shots. They should dump his ass.
- During the House of Cards challenge, I was waiting for one of them to shout at Jeff "Will you shut the fuck up!" as their house came tumbling down within reach of winning.
- [quote]Erik has also said that he was removed from the game because of a cut that had become infected on his leg.
That makes sense that he got pulled by the doctor without a chance to make a choice. The doctor probably thought he might be septic, not just dehydrated.
- Dawn look like a bloated rodent at the finale! I was glad to find out that she found out quickly exactly what everyone on the interwebs thought of her.
And I'm glad to see that others saw in Erik's speech to Sherri the same thing that I saw a big ol' that's the pot calling the kettle black projection. I don't for a minute buy the story that the editors didn't like him and that's why they made him out to be without a strategy.
To the poster who said they thought Erik had beautiful hair, I'm generally ascribe to the beauty is in the eye of the beholder sentiment, but Erik's hair looks like a clown wig to me. Maybe you were joking. I hope you were joking.
- R409, I was joking. You didn't see through my sarcasm?
- Please, not Rupert again! Why does Jeff keeping bringing the same people back?
- "Spending the airtime on Boston Rob and Rudy was fucking bullshit"
I LOVE Boston Rob! I want him in me quite deeply and roughly.
- Thank you for posting that link, R341. Can you imagine if Rudy made a racial comment like that? And Jeff just laughed it off, "Oh, that Rudy! Only he can get away with calling someone a *insert racial epithet here*!"
I urge others to complain too.
- [quote] Malcolm's clip from the Bold and the Beautiful looked like gay porn to me...
Face-wise, Malcolm has always reminded me of gay porn star Joey Stefano so I'd love to see that.
- The problem with Probst's excuse of having too many people at the reunion to talk to is that even having cut that number in half he still didn't talk to everyone on stage. Eddie, Sherri and Erik didn't get to talk at all. Did Michael say anything either? Even Philip's moment was just an excuse to get Boston Rob airtime.
Probst should really take a step back and listen to some opposing voices. I seriously doubt any fan or producer wanted them to dig up that fossil Rudy or watch Richard Hatch's painfully unfunny video response to his hilarious homophobia.
- Did you see how Jeff had to hold stupid old Rudy back from responding to Richard? Rudy didn't know it was taped and thought he could talk back, but Jeff kept him from it.
I hate that old homophobic fucker.
- They have filmed in that studio before! That excuse for not putting them all onstage is bullshit.
What bothers me most about Jeff is that he clearly is so bored with the show that he keeps fucking with it for his own entertainment.
- Haven't read through the whole thread, but what the hell was it wasting time at this season's reunion talking to that buffoon Rob and old man Rudy? One of the worst reunions ever.
- What is the logic with bringing people back every season now? The ratings are still fairly low regardless. When the heck was the last time they did a season with ALL brand new people?
- [quote] Malcolm seemed very stuck-up on himself,
It would hard not to be stuck-up on yourself, if all you hear is how wonderful you are and how much everyone loves you. It would fuck with your head. I mean, the guy's stint on the island hadn't even begun airing yet and the producers jumped all over him asking him to go back out onto the next season!
- R414: I knew porn star Joey Stefano. At least in person, he looked nothing like Malcolm. I like Malcolm as a person, but I do not get why people think he's so handsome.
- "Nice decent people don't win Survivor."
A case could be made thet Yul and Fabio/Jud are nice decent people.
- [quote]What is the logic with bringing people back every season now?
They think that's what viewers want to see. Even though the ratings numbers say otherwise. A season of pairs would be brilliant -- IF they did it with new people. Pretty much hate everyone on the leaked list. Will likely skip this coming season.
- They need to yank Jeff from executive producer, and just have him as host. He really fouled up the reunion show.
- I think I came across this (having [italic]Survivor [/italic] returnees with subsequent editions). For that to be the case means the CBS series is on its way out.
- Ethan was a nice and decent person. This was by far the WORST reunion show ever!!! They should get rid of Probst doing the reunion and bring back Rosie.
- Rosie O'Donnell hosted the reunion shows?
- Rosie O'Donnell hosted the reunion show of Survivor: Marquesas, the fourth season of Survivor. That was in the spring of 2002.
- [quote]Rosie O'Donnell hosted the reunion show of Survivor: Marquesas, the fourth season of Survivor. That was in the spring of 2002.
That was the best Reunion Show, because Rosie left out nobody. Everyone got to speak.
- [quote]"Nice decent people don't win Survivor."
Nonsense. It's a game. Within the context of the game, lying and betrayal is both allowed and universally understood as part of the game. It is no more a character flaw to lie while playing Survior than it is to hide during hide-and-seek. Assuredly, total jerks can win (and have), but it's hardly a pre-condition for winning.
Winners like Danni, Yul, Earl, and Bob were perfectly pleasant to their fellow competitors throughout their seasons. In fact, I'm not sure if any of those four ever really had to do any kind of lying or betrayal, but even if they did, it was to advance in the game, not be mean.
- Does anyone really believe the final three don't know who won for a whole year?
- Exactly r430. In fact this season, on more than one occasion, the survivors admitted at tribal council that they had lied and deceived one another. Why Brenda thought she was the exception to the rule is beyond me, especially when she had happily blindsided Andrea the week before.
I'm sure r431 that Cochran knew he had it in the bag. He would have called malcolm or phillip and asked. Apparently the final 3 contestants do it every season.
- On the matter of Erik, I believe Erik received the edit he did because he did not give the show enough material to provide him with a real story. Erik played an overly cautious game because he was afraid of messing up as he did in his first season. While Erik did not make a big blunder he also never had the chance to pull off something really impressive. So the producers and editors decided to stick with something close to how Erik is perceived by much of the audience. The show may very well have been upset with Erik for playing it so safe.
- I never understand why posters like r432 just don't get it no matter how obvious it is. Brenda blindsiding Andrea is acceptable. Brenda had little ties to Andrea and owed her nothing. Andrea was coming after Brenda anyway. Cochran blindsiding Brenda is acceptable. Cochran had little ties to her and owed her nothing. Brenda was coming after Cochran anyway.
Dawn made cutthroat moves and wanted everyone to still think of her as this sweet mother type. Cochran made cutthroat moves but he wasn't trying to hold on to a reputation of some sweet saintly person.
- [quote]Within the context of the game, lying and betrayal is both allowed and universally understood as part of the game.
...if I would ever pass you along in life and you are laying there dying of thirst, I would not give you a drink of water. I would let the vultures take you and do whatever they want with you with no ill regrets.
This island is full of, pretty much, only two things - snakes and rats. And in the end of Mother Nature, we have Richard The Snake, who knowingly went after prey; and Kelly, who turned into the rat that ran around like rats do on this island, trying to run from the snake. I believe we owe it to the island spirits we have come to know to let it end in the way that Mother Nature intended: For the snake to eat the rat.
Ya know, as great and memorable as that Sue Hawk speech was in that first season (I've always wondered if she really came up with it on her own), I've never known exactly what Kelly did to Sue, or even what Sue thinks Kelly did to her. The whole thing seemed to come out of nowhere.
25 seasons later, and I think it's still the highlight of the entire series.
- Sue Hawk is known by friends as having a quick wit.
Speaking of Malcolm, he is the most handsome guy on Survivor of all time, but he did look like he was totally stoned.
- R436, Sue and Kelly had an alliance, and Rich and Rudy had an alliance. So when the for of them reached F4, the both voted with their alliance, and the vote was tied 2-2. The tiebreaker in those days was a revote (in fact they may have done 2 or 3 revotes), and on one of the revotes, Kelly changed her vote from Rudy to Sue, eliminating her at F4.
- Did Dawn look the same at the last reunion show...just shocking change.
- I like returning players, the problem is they always bring back some deplorable slime ball and it makes me not want to watch.
- More secret agent Phillip, you say? Well okay then...
- Most returning players (minus the mentally ill such as Phillip and Brandon) tone their act way down after seeing how obnoxious they were the first time. That's why the show needs nubies who have no idea that they're going to be portrayed as the villian or the idiot, etc.
- Survivor seems to find an endless supply of mentally ill people. No, the rating are not what they once were back in the days people talked a lot about the show.
But, if you can not put the entire cast on stage because of one cast member, it's Survivor's fault for casting young Hantz yet again.
- Was I the only person who found the way Jeff Probst talked to Cochran through the season pretty condescending? I was not one of Cochran's fans but I still did not like Jeff's attitude toward him. By the time of the reunion Jeff seemed to feel that since Cochran had won Survivor, and a few challenges along the way, he was now worthy of just a little respect and possible admission into some exclusive male society.
- If there are any returning players next season, I don't think any Hantzes will be among them. Remember that the Hantz family was barred from attending the reunion, so why would CBS allow any of that family on the new season of Survivor?
I don't think the new season was supposed to start taping Monday. The crew usually goes out to the location a month or so before taping begins to get shots of the scenery and wildlife, and to start laying the groundwork for what the contestants will be doing.
- R445, according to spoilers/rumors you're right, no Hantz was invited to the family edition. I'm hoping that bridge remains blown.
- I still think it would be fun to see the mischief that a Lady Hantz can get up to. Surely they have a devious, scheming, insecure sister or cousin, right?
- Your're right R444
Jeff sees himself as an Alfa Male, therefore having an automatic contempt for any male he sees as his inferior. For the same reason he gushes over the strong good-looking male players.
His oft-repeated new label for Cochran as "Survivor's most unlikely winner" is thoroughly condescending.
- I agree R445, there won't be anyone from the Hantz family. Not just because Brandon was banned from the reunion, but because CBS has said that whenever a hantz is a contestant on survivor more spoilers than usual are leaked onto the Internet. They have pretty much accused Russell of being the person behind it. I think they're done with the Hantz family. Im another person who is hoping that bridge has been well and truely burnt, so i never want to see any of them (or their women folk r447 )ever again.
- R444 & R448 I disagree. Probst gushed over Cochran constantly, perhaps not in the same way as Malcolm or Boston Rob, but there was no doubt that he liked Cochran a lot.
Probst was confused how to react to Reynold, someone whom I would have thought he would like. He was even more confused by Eddie, who did not get chance to speak at the reunion. In comparison to Reynold and Eddie, Cochran, who was always in the majority alliance, had it very easy.
- R448, it's alpha male.
- "Alfa," lol.
- Jeff doesn't see himself as an alpha male, it's just that they make his dick hard.
- R454 is correct. Cochran didn't get him hard but because he's a guy he'll give him a little more respect than he does to the lady winners. He loves his 'bro' Boston Rob but I think we all know his heart still belongs to Colby.
It's interesting to look back at the early series. Even the folks who go in the first episode get such an edit that you actually get to know them and give a shit they are voted off. Sonja and Deb from the first 2 seasons made an impact. I wish they would just go back to the original formula.
- Interview with Cochrane and an announcement about his new writing job with EW.
- I wish Francesca could have had a minute to say something.
- Me too r457. I would like to know how this impacted her and whether she'd play again. But why do that when you can spend 5 minutes reading out tweet in a sad attempt to prove the show is still relevant and current.
- If you watch Jeff's talk show, he's nothing but a really sweet guy, very gay friendly, had tons of man crushes,including Clooney and Jackman.
- Maybe so, but Probst is at a loss when he deals with some male players, like Erik and Eddie or even Michael and Matt, who are not quite in the same league with Malcolm and Reynold, or Cockran on the other extreme. So he then favors Special Agent Phillip and young Hantz.
Even worse, Jeff plays little attention to most of the women, unless they are particularly verbal, like Dawn and Corinne.
I still like Survivor, and never knew for years whether Probst was motivated by ratings or his own personality. Now I know it is mostly his personality.
- The alpha male thing is true with Jeff Probst. Cochran was not unlikely; he was the frontrunner for a long time. Especially compared to those who ended up in the Final Six.
Who was the last alpha male to win [italic]Survivor[/italic].
Let's go over all editions:
[italic]Borneo[/italic] (2000): Richard Hatch
[italic]The Australian Outback[/italic] (2001): Tina Wesson
[italic]Africa[/italic] (2001): Ethan Zohn
[italic]Marquesas[/italic] (2002): Vecepia Towery
[italic]Thailand[/italic] (2002): Brian Heidik
[italic]The Amazon[/italic] (2003): Jenna Morasca
[italic]Pearl Islands[/italic] (2003): Sandra Diaz-Twine
[italic]All-Stars[/italic] (2004): Amber Brkich
[italic]Vanuatu[/italic] (2004): Chris Daugherty
[italic]Palau[/italic] (2005): Tom Westman
[italic]Guatemala[/italic] (2005): Danni Boatwright
[italic]Exile Island[/italic](2006): Aras Baskauskas
[italic]Cook Islands[/italic] (2006): Yul Kwon
[italic]Fiji[/italic] (2007): Earl Cole
[italic]China[/italic] (2007): Todd Herzog
[italic]Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites[/italic] (2008): Parvati Shallow
[italic]Gabon[/italic] (2008): Bob Crawley
[italic]Tocantins[/italic] (2009): James "J.T." Thomas Jr.
[italic]Samoa[/italic] (2009): Natalie White
[italic]Heroes vs. Villains[/italic] (2010): Sandra Diaz-Twine
[italic]Nicaragua[/italic] (2010): Judd "Fabio" Birza
[italic]Redemption Island[/italic] (2011): Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano
[italic]South Pacific[/italic] (2011): Sophie Clarke
[italic]One World[/italic] (2012): Kim Spradlin
[italic]Philippines[/italic] (2012): Denise Stapley
[italic]Caramoan[/italic] (2013): John "Cochran" Cochran
- I, too, complainted to CBS and about JP, too.
He, as a responsible host, should have immediately walked from or shut up Rudy. It was cowardly, not cute, and disgusting.
And, if any Hantz is on the next season, I will tune out.
GET NORMAL PEOPLE. These folks aren't stars (save for Richard Hatch, I barely remember the rest).
- Had forgotten Fabio won just before Boston Rob. Fabio was my favorite because it was so unexpected, while everyone knew Rob would win from day one.
- I'd totally forgotten about Sophie, which was nice, since watching her win sucked. I can't even remember Natalie White winning, even after looking at her picture. Most satisfying win for me was Yul.
- Thank you for that list r461 I am a huge Survivor fan and it is blowing my mind how many winners I barely or even don't recall. I think the finale is always such a bust and the real drama is in the play of the game and the awesome blindsides.
- I'd really wished that Erik had said, when Sherri got all uppity during the questions and told him to sit down-"I'm not one of your employees."
- I really wish that Sherri had thrown it in Erik's face that he had done the exact same thing, only more so.
- Sherri's owns burger joints - not ice cream palours!
- I look at R461 's list and am still stunned that Colby took Tina with him to final two. Dumbest. Move. Ever.
- For the record, Eddie was an applicant; he was not selected by the show. He apparently applied 8 or 9 times.
- It would have helped if eddie had watched the show at least 8 or 9 times as well, since he seemed to have zero understanding of the game. Frankly he played like he thought he was on a singles cruise. He seems nice enough but he was hopeless.
- Eddie was friendly and likable, and after they voted out the players who could have won (Malcolm, Brenda), he was a welcome relief from Sherri and especially the tearful and insincere Dawn. Even so, it's amazing that he got as far as F4.
- Eddie and Reynold never had much of a chance. From Day 5 they were on the outside of things and their efforts to improve their fate were always frustrated, due more to bad luck than any mistakes they made. Given their circumstances it is remarkable that Reynold and Eddie made it to Day 31 and Day 38, respectively. Eddie was the only person in the final 5 who never irritated me, and I think his likeability played some role in his longevity.
I noticed, though, that the editing treated Reynold and Eddie differently. Reynold was edited as someone who was in over his head, but still deserving of viewers respect. Eddie was, as I once posted, edited as Reynold's girl-crazy sidekick. It was not until the finale that Eddie was given some credit, because he was the only person in the final 4 that Cochran found to be a threat.
- In one of the secret scenes for the family visit episode Eddie's mother said that Eddie had been a fire fighter since he was sixteen! Does that mean Eddie dropped out of high school, or can someone attend high school and be a fire fighter at the same time?
- Does anyone wonder if the blond guy seated with Cochran's parents at the reunion is Cochran's boyfriend? I've gone back and forth on Cochran's sexuality, but I now lean towards believing that he's gay. Cochran looked so uncomfortable when Jeff asked him about relationships and when he claimed to be single.
The blond guy could be a friend or a relative who was invited to the reunion, but that wouldn't mean Cochran is not gay. Does anyone know if Cochran has siblings? I thought Cochran was rather good-looking at the reunion, by the way. A definite improvement over his looks while playing Survivor.
- Stop trying to make Gay Cochran happen!
- Why is r476 so adamant that Cochran isn't gay?
- Why are you so adamant he is? Just because he's now rich and no longer dresses like a 12 year old doesn't suddenly make him gay. Women may not want him, but we're not a charity we don't have to take all their rejects.
- God forbind we should speculate on a gay board whether or not someone is gay.
- The first season I watched was Guatamala when Aras won. Seen every one of them since.
- On the night of the finale and the live reunion, Eddie received the following tweet, "That's a really good strategy by the way your penis is showing" Eddie posted the tweet on Facebook, with the following response "haha."
Eddie's penis is clearly visible in a tense scene with Cochran in the last episode (the finale). Yet, Cochran seems totally unintertested. It doesn't prove anything conclusively, but I am sure I could not have help staring at Eddie's penis.
It's amazing that scene has not been mentioned more often, and Survivor did not blur Eddie's penis.
- This is R475/477: I have no particular desire for Cochran to be gay, or for him to not be gay for that matter. Cochran seems gay to me, so I wondered if any one here has similar thoughts or even had any info as to whether Cochran could be gay or not. As r479 said, this is a gay gossip board where we speculate about sexuality! Although from the way some posters are so quick to reject the idea of Cochran being gay, he would probably have no better luck in the gay world than he seems to have in the straight world!
R480: It was Danni Boatwright who won Survivor: Guatemala, which aired in the fall of 2005. Aras Baskaukas won the next season, Exile Island, which aired in the spring of 2006.
- R481 here: To be fair, I also think Cochran could be gay. And we may have just seen a short portion of the discussion between Eddie and Cochran. If it were someone smarter & less used to getting his way with charm than Eddie, one might even suggest that he was offering his penis to Cochran for F3. Cochran is far more interested in the game than Eddie.
People have been unfair to you, myself included.
- Thanks, r483!
- R481, post some screen caps and/or gifs!
- R485: Do a google image search for "Eddie Survivor penis." There is still one photo up.
Be warned of a virus though, if you try to go to the original photo (which is essentially the same).
Just to be sure that the photos are not photoshopped, I watched the finale again this morning on Comcact on demand. Eddie penis is just as visible as the night of the finale, so CBS must believe the CBS logo in a strange location is enough to hide Eddie's penis. It is not.
- Is the jumpedthesnark one the safe one, R486?
- LINK? I found nothing by googling.
- R486 here: I just visited jumpedthesnark where the photo is located, and did not get a virus warning, but I might try a Norton run just to make sure.
- LINK to Eddie's dick pic please!
- I am not posting the link because of the virus issue. Look at what I wrote in R486, make sure you use GOOGLE IMAGES in your search.
- I did use google images, and I still didn't find it, asshat.
- R487 found the photos, which are from jumpthe snark. I just tried myself 30 seconds ago, and the photos are still there. One possibility: the photos on google images are on the top row...but relatively dark, click on the photos to get a better view.
But, from now on, you are on your own.
- It seems that the waist loop on Eddie's shorts is tied in a way that makes it look like a penis.
- So when is John Cochran coming out?
- "It seems like the waist loop on Eddie's shorts is tied in a way that makes it look like a penis."
While I still think there's some open questions in the penis vs. loop discussion, Eddie's Facebook post on May 1, "I'm so excited for tonight's episode, I can barely keep my pants on!" supports the loop argument.
He's more than willing to tease about his sexuality on Facebook, which is why he did not deny the tweet that mentioned his penis showing in the finale.
So for once, I'm fine being probably wrong...my fault, I should have read more of Eddie's Facebook comments!
- Oh for god's sake. I looked at the picture and anyone with any eye sight at all can tell that it's part of his shorts and not his dick. And even if it was questionable, what possible reason could there be for him to have his dick out? And if there was such a reason that he had his dick out, why wouldn't CBS blur it?
- A bit of trivia: Cochran is only the third winner, in twenty-six seasons of Survivor, to win with a unanimous vote. The fisrt winner to sweep the jury was Earl Cole in Fiji(spring 2007); the second was J.T.- I forget his last name- in Tocantins(spring2009). J.T. and Cochran are the only two winners to not only sweep the jury, but also have no votes cast against them during the game.
- In some ways J.T.'s win was more impressive than Cochran's. It was J.T.'s first try. I remember him as very likable, the kind of person that might remind Cochran of Malcolm.
- The unanimous votes count. But if I was to assess the greatest winners of [italic]Survivor[/italic], I have to subtract points from those who failed to win with their first try. This is applicable to Amber, Parvati, Boston Rob, and Cochran.
Earl and J.T. won unanimous votes with their pure experiences.
- J.T was such a douche in HvV that I now think he got a really nice edit first time round. He played up the Good ol' boy image but I think his true colours came through in HvV.
- A week or two before the finale, there was a post from someone who claimed to be attending the finale. The poster said that he/she would report any thing of interest.Since we have never heard from this poster again, I assume he/she found the finale really boring!
- That was r102. Where are you, 102?
- I thought R102 posted that nothing out of the ordinary happened.
- Thanks, r505, if you're right. I guess the finale was as unsatisfying to attend as it was to watch!
- Speaking of the finale, it's taken me two weeks to calm down and say, without sounding like I need medication, that I really dislike Rudy Boesch. No, I don't care that he's old, or that he is a Navy Seal. Rudy is just a really unpleasant person in my eyes, and nothing will change my mind on the matter.
Oh, and Jeff Probst is a tool for the way he handled the reunion, not just because of the Rudy segment, but in general.
- I am starting to hope that Survivor lasts long enough so that we have a Fans vs Favorites season where a Fan wins, or at least a Favorite who really was a "Favorite." Parvati Shallow was not well-liked by the audience in her first season and John "Cochran" was a polarizing figure in his first season. Some viewers really liked Cochran, just as many despised him. Both Parvati and Cochran got their second chances at Survivor more because of their popularity with producers than with the audience.
- Love or hate her, nobody or probably ever will match Sandra in terms of her record: two-time player, two-time winner.
- WHET Kelly Wigglesworth?
- Kelly was on fire, and Sue wouldn't spit on her.
- Kelly runs a small rat farm just outside of Baltimore.
- Ooh r512, yummy!
- There's a rumor that several Survivor contestants might enter the Big Brother 15 house during the course of the summer.
Gee, I wonder if one of them will be Malcolm?