- I find the Goth look attractive.
- I don't know what is but he does it for me.
- I've posted this before but there's something about Dot Jones (Bieste) from "Glee" that I find attractive. Maybe it's her character but she just seems like such a sweetheart I'd love to cuddle with her.
- I have always had a serious crush on Willem Dafoe and not just because he's hung like an elephant.
- Bill Hader. I've always had a thing for off-kilter/loopy good looks.
- Cherry Jones
- Christopher Walken
- My crush is Jeff Zeleney of ABC News (formerly of The New York Times).
- Bill Hader is pretty good looking once you get past all the weird characters he plays.
- Chris Pine
- Willem Dafoe
- Chris Evans
- Ralf Hutter
- For R2.
I'm a fan too. I think he has BDF.
- Robert Smith
- Russell Tovey
- R8, I am with you on Jeff Zeleny. He is the definition of adorkable.
- Jake M. Johnson.
- Ryan Gosling
- Jim Belushi (and for the record I think he's an AWFUL actor, but he makes me hard).
Along the same lines, James Gandolfini.
And from out of left field, Lyneisha Sparxxx
- Howard Stern?
- Why kid? Howard Stern can be a total turn-on just with the stuff he says.
- You're funny, r23.
- Norman Reedus and Joaquin Phoenix. Neither one is "handsome" but I want them both. What a party we could have.
- even though she's much older than me and i'm a straight male, i always thought lily tomlin was very attractive
- Allison Janney. I'm not sure why I'm so hot for her -- she's not particularly attractive.
- Chris O'Dowd
- [quote]Jim Belushi (and for the record I think he's an AWFUL actor, but he makes me hard).
Jim Belushi gets me hard too. He has a daddy vibe that I find very attractive.
- The guy who plays Lip on Shameless. He looks like Penny Marshall, but he throws some serious sex vibes.
- Chris Meloni, Javier Bardem, Brian Unger, Tom Hardy to name a few.
- I second Brian Unger. His schnoz is alluring... Such beautiful BDF.
- Illeana Douglas
- Louis CK, James Gandolfini.
- Lineysha as a man or in drag, R21?
- I don't know if he is currently acting and he is not unconventional looking, just not real good looking.
Miguel Ferrar, Rosemary Clooney's son.
- Vera Farmiga
- Chris Hemsworth
- The Hemsworth brothers? Gisele Bundchen? Chris Meloni? Tom Hardy?
Oh some of you are SO out there with your choices! You truly march to the beat of different drummers.
- Tom Brady
- I thought R15 was Tom Cruise.
- Awesome, R15! I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one but I've never come across anyone else on the tennis forums who thought he was attractive. He really does it for me even though he isn't classically handsome.
- Louis CK
- Maybe not way out there on the "Unconventional" chart, but Eric Stoltz pushes every button I have.
- Louis Theroux
- Elias Koteas because he looks so fucking dangerous and a leather top in bed.
- Varla Jean Merman. I think she is sexy and he is sexy.
- This has to be the easiest theoretical question ever(for me). Since I first saw him on TV in 1982, I have been so attracted to David Letterman it's ridiculous. The crazy thing is that both my husbands were traditional tall, dark, and handsome beauties, as I generally go for the ambiguously Mediterranean type.
But there was something about Dave: he was tall, lean, had a great head of hair, those crazy teeth, and yes...he seemed very sexual to me. Kind of a hot Howdy Doody if you will.
But what really put the frosting on the cake was his humor. At that time, no one was doing irony. He took chances with nearly every bit he did, and his interviews were bitingly dry and squirmy for those on the hot seat.
My college bf and I were in NYC for the US Open in 1983, and I had managed to get tickets for Labor Day. I dragged my him kicking and screaming, because he wanted to be at The Open for the night matches. Not a chance in hell.
We were given aisle seats 6 rows up from the stage, and I felt like I had reached nirvana.
After his opening monologue, before he moved to his desk, he stated that he was so moved that the audience members chose to spend their Labor Day with him, so in appreciation he wanted everyone to receive a crisp new $5 bill. He then headed for the aisle and headed straight to me and said, "Miss I am entrusting you with the cash. Please distribute it evenly after the show"! This was NOT planned in advance. I was so dumbstruck I couldn't even respond intelligently, so I just smiled and kept saying to myself "don't be a rube and look at the monitors."
30 years later and minus the husbands, Dave is old and gray, and I certainly am the worse for wear, but I still find him just as attractive.
- Vera Farmiga! There is nothing unconventional looking about 90% of the names posted.
- [quote]He has a daddy vibe that I find very attractive
And a solid, tight bubble butt below that larger waist. Men with bellies and tight butts drive me crazy. Bet the legs are pretty nice too.
- Nothing unconventional about the hot, camera-friendly looks of Berdam, Hardy and Meloni, r31. They are sex on a stick, period. An attraction to them is neither quirky nor edgy.
- Both, r35.
- Adam Levine
Seann William Scott
- Are people just listing names of famous people? What is unconventional about any of those, R53?
(The OP did mean unconventional looks, right? Right, guys??)
- Agreeing with you r54!
Sean William Scott's fine ass?!!
- Isn't Bradley Cooper cross-eyed?
- [quote]Isn't Bradley Cooper cross-eyed?
- Lon Chaney
- Cherry Jones! Allison Janney! Vera Farmiga! I agree on female choices here.
- People are just posting names of people they find hot and disregarding the topic of the thread.
Adam Levine is conventional. Matt Smith (Doctor Who) is unconventional. Allsion Janney and Tilda Swenson are unconventional. Vera Farmiga is not unconventional, nor are the Hemsworth brothers. Come on y'all.
- To clarify, by "unconventional" I meant unconventional LOOKS. People who half the world thinks are ugly and the other half thinks are hot as hell.
- Adrien Brody
Angelica Huston (in younger days)
Dustin Hoffman (esp in younger days)
- There is a person alive who thinks Adrien Brody is ugly?
- Eric Balfour. The definition of big dick face!
- Hilary Swank
- I love Allison Janney - she is very sexy in person - very tall, confident and funny. Too bad she is straight.
I love trans performer Justin V. Bond. V is very sexy, and I think partners with males.
- Adam Driver from "Girls."
- Lena Dunham
- Bronson Pinchot is kinda goofy looking with his messed up, dyed hair and his wonky smile but I find him quite sexy.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn
- Benedict Cumberbatch. I find him dead sexy.
- Somebody should start a thread about the least sexy movie stars. Like Reese Witherspoon. She's like oatmeal.
- I like Cherry Jones. She barely wears any makeup, keeps her face plastic surgery free, and has the self esteem to pull it off. Love that. Sexy it is.
- Dan Hedaya (though he's too skinny these days).
- Oh, yes, R67. The boys were the reason to watch Girls, especially whiny Adam.
- What's wrong with oatmeal, R72?
- R76 Gray and turns to paste if you let it breathe at all.
- Also lumpy and stiff.
- no flavor and unappetizing to look at
- Danny DeVito. The man gives me a major throbber. I love short, fat, hairy men (especially in his 'Taxi' days). They just get my motor running. I know, flame away, but he's hot.
- Oh Damn! R80 wins.
- [quote]Eric Balfour. The definition of big dick face!
And yet, he has a fairly small dick.
- Yeah, I'd really turn him away, R82, for having a four-inch limp dick.
Seriously, has no one explained "grower" to you?
- You misunderstand, R83. I'm not putting him down at all. I happen to love Eric Balfour. I find him gorgeous and sexy (and, as the thread suggests, just a little unusual).
But if you've seen LIE WITH ME, you've seen it hard and it is, objectively speaking, not a grower.
He clearly doesn't have a problem with it, and neither do I. Small cocks rock.
- And yet, R84 R82, you managed to make it [italic]sound[/italic]like an insult.
- I would do Jack Macbrayer in a heart beat. He has a sweet body. Bet he is gorgeous, face down on the bed, waiting for dick.
- I'm a little embarassed, but here's my list:
And if I'm feeling REALLY out there, Tom Hardy. Don't ask me why! Honestly, I have no idea where any of these come from. I usually go for guys closer to my league, you know?
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- There's nothing unconventional looking about Chris Pine or Chris Evans, R87.
Or is that your point?
- [quote]Or is that your point?
Um, if you read that poster's signature...I'd say so
- I wasn't sure, R90, with the Ryan Gosling mention. He's not as conventionally good-looking as the Chrises. If R87 had included Zac instead, then yeah. But Ryan, not so much.
- I've got an especially weird one: Ted Levine who played Buffalo Bill/Jame Gumb in Silence of the Lambs, and the police chief on Monk. I really love his deep, creepy, croaky voice.
- In everyday life, I find some younger, homeless men to be very sexy! But only for looking, and maybe a little chat; not interested in more.
Actors? I have had a temporary crush on a few. For a short time, I thought Bill Murray was it. And for a longer time, Hank Azaria, Chuck Norris and Willem Dafoe have had my interest.
- Young Robert Englund was pretty sexy...
Check out Alaska from RuPaul's Drag Race
- R91 is exactly the sort of idiot I'm parodying. Brilliant!
- I love unconventional looking guys, even goofy looking men especially if they're nice and fit. I think they're far hotter than classically handsome men.
I always thought Mike Berry (Mr. Spooner from the Britcom "Are You Being Served") was a hottie. He's in his 70's now and still has the same hairdo.
- Thank you, R96 R87. I hope calling me an idiot makes you feel all warm and tingly inside. And brilliant.
- A dark-blond acquaintance of mine has a huge crush on Willie Nelson, despite his being twenty years older.
I don't have a crush on WN, but I think I understand why my friend does.
- Mads Mikkelson
- Reading is clearly not fundamental for lots of posters on this thread.
- I'm a gay guy, I find Jillian Michaels to be very attractive.
- Zachary Quinto
- The Hemsworth Brothers are too unconventional looking. They look downright Neandertall-looking. When I first saw Chris I was struck with how weird his face looked, eyes so set together they're almost crossed.
- Jason Alexander
- I have another one. Troy Garity. I saw him for the first time when I was a teenager and he was in a movie called "Soldier's Girl" and I fell for him big time. But it was mainly his character in the film.
- Novak Djokovic
- Tilda Swinton? I know her face looks unconventional, if not weird... a little fish-like, alien-like, def andro and all that, but I've always liked it. She's frumpy, chic, gorgeous, ugly, washed out, ethereal, geek weird and sexy all at the same time. I watched I am Love thrice because watching her was just mesmerizing.
- Johnny Weir, and I rarely find flaming guys attractive.
- Well, r76, it seems like you got your answer. I've got nothing to add!
- I think Djokovic is very handsome, r107. He is not very photogenic, but people who have seen Djokovic in person say that he is really good-looking. His good looks would show more easily with a better haircut.
- Good lord, some of you people really split hairs over "unconventional looking". Half the people in this thread are bona fide sex symbols.
"Xxx xxxx is so unconventional looking! He's dark haired, has the nose he was born with and his eyes are clearly 2 millimeters too close together!"
- Steve Buscemi, strangely sexy to me
- Michael Shannon,
- Tony Danza.
- This one is unconventional, at least for me: Danny Pino.
I didn't think he'd be a good replacement for Chris Meloni. Danny is tiny and looks too ethnic.
But he's grown on me, to the point I've actually fantasized about him.
- Thank you for the bigotry, r116!
- Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC. Not only is he witty and a self-professed socialist, but he is that hot daddy type even though he's probably 30 years older than I.
- I'm in love with the guy in the sun costume in the Jimmy Dean's Delights commercials.
- Anthony Jeselnik
- Remember Tom Green's TV show sidekick Phil Giroux? I wanted that furry French-Canadian so bad.
- Wow, never noticed it but Phil WAS hot. And those lips...
- For a split second, I thought that was a wigless SJP in search of a pile of hay and a cozy barn at R107.
The Famous Mr. Ed
- Lawrence O'Donnell is a gorgeous older man! Unconventional in what world????
- Bruce Dern
My top three for years. Unconventional and a little quirky, but they're good at what they do, and I can't take my eyes off them when they appear on screen.
- I think I'm the only one who thinks Angus T. Jones grew up to be very handsome. Well, quirky cute if not classically handsome. But still surprising considering his looks as a child.
Too bad he's a fundie freak but I'd still put in in him quite deeply.
- I actually agree with OP that the Undertaker is kind of hot. I have not watched wrestling in years and was at a friend's who order PPV of Wrestlemania. Undertaker's match was the most exciting thing I've seen in a long while and I noticed he still looked pretty good after all these years.
Another person I find attractive is older Matthew Broderick. I know most people think he was good looking in his younger years, but he never did much for me. I do think he's kind of cute and handsome at the same time. (he does need a new hairdo though)
I don't think there's anything unconventional about Ryan Gosling. He's just plain good looking.
- Are you kidding me? Ryan Gosling is not conventionally handsome at all. He is the epitomy of unconventional. If he weren't famous, you wouldn't give him another look at all.
- I agree, R128.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Pharrell Williams. Crazy about this guy.
- Christopher Ecclestone, Steve Buscemi, Don Warrington. And Anthony Head. Definitely Anthony Head.
- Particularly unconventional because I can't stand his personality -
but I'd let Dr. Phil shove my face into his crotch and ass.
- Dr. Phil AND his son are hot!
- Supernanny Jo Frost.
- I think a lot of you mistake "unconventional" with "not the epitome of breath-taking perfection that I normally set the bar at".
"Unconventional" is the big-nosed guy with the nice smile who sells you your coffee everyday, or the otherwise-handsome guy with an untrimmed unibrow that you find inexplicably endearing. It's the guy with the scar, or crooked smile or weak jawline or all three. It's the guy you'd point out to your friends as hot and they'd all look at you like you were insane. More accurately, it's the guy you DON'T tell your friends you like because you know they won't get it.
It's not anyone who has appeared on the cover of People magazine more than twice.
It's also not a guy that is not your normal "type". There is a world that exists outside your own head, FYI.
A subset of the previous statement: finding a member of a race attractive when you don't normally find members of that race attractive also is not the same as "unconventional". It just means you're really insensitive about race. White does not equal "conventional".
Michael Phelps is unconventionally handsome; Ryan Lochte is just handsome.
And yes, Ryan Gosling is conventionally handsome. He's not the ultimate paragon of male beauty; he might not even be your "type", but a wide swathe of the public sees him as a sex symbol and to most of us it's obvious why. He's a cute guy with a nice body and an endearing personality. He exudes charm and sex appeal.
A lot of you sound ill-informed about the meaning of the phrase, as well as sounding ridiculously picky, shallow and slightly mentally ill.
- Lenny Venito turns me on like nobody else.
- [quote]And yes, Ryan Gosling is conventionally handsome. He's not the ultimate paragon of male beauty; he might not even be your "type", but a wide swathe of the public sees him as a sex symbol
Yes, the public sees him as a sex symbol because he's FAMOUS. The public also considers Michael Phelps a sex symbol but if he wasn't famous, how many would still think he's a sex symbol?
- Ed Helms
- Mads Mikkelson is freaking gorgeous. Those perfect cheekbones.
I'm another one on the Steve Buscemi train.
Also, director Wes Anderson. Great hair, great hands.
- Are any of the following unconventional?
- It seems that some people are under the impression that unconventional means ugly, unattractive, and downright freakish looking. Unconventional simply means not quite fitting a particular societies ideal beauty standards. In other words, they aren't cookie-cutter. R136 seems to get it.
Gabriel Aubry, Paul Walker, and Boris Kodjoe are examples of conventional. Unconventional simply diverges from the conventional standard, however, again this doesn't mean ugly. It often means unique,interesting, quirky. I think Tilda Swinton, Zachary Quinto, Pharell and many more are good picks. I see Gosling as unconventional but some may not, simply because he's blonde/blue and attractive. However, his facial features are not quite conventionally attractive features. Some like the Adam Levine pick are a bit confusing.
- [quote]I think I'm the only one who thinks Angus T. Jones grew up to be very handsome. Well, quirky cute if not classically handsome. But still surprising considering his looks as a child.
Yes, he's quite hot now. Very surprising considering his earlier little fat self. Kinda like Joseph Gordon Levitt's abrupt change from his long-haired little girl days.
- So where does Justin Bieber fit in your categories, r142?
- I have a serious thing for Lyman Good.
- He doesn't, R144.
- [quote]So where does Justin Bieber fit in your categories, [R142]?
I thought we were discussing adults, but I'll humor you.
Anyone under 23 is just not in play. Most hot twinks are only considered hot because they are young, lean and hairless. They are also usually considered hot only by the particular minority of gay men that are exclusively attracted to young, lean and hairless bodies.
Their faces are almost beside the point. I see plenty of popular twinks in bars that, frankly, have busted faces. Many don't age well. Many are just average looking and, once their freshness date expires, they fade into the background with the rest of the average guys.
Getting back to Bieber: he's unremarkable looking. He has nice eyes but nothing else stands out. And that's only if I force myself to look beyond his douchebag ways and ridiculous style. He's a big blah and I don't get the attraction.
- Jim parsons. Mmmm...
- R148 I kind of agree and I feel weird for even thinking it.
- R149, why?
- Parsons does it for me too, I'd become a man for him, then suck him off till he begged for mercy.