- I can't tear myself away!
- Scanner guy - does it sound like he is still in Watertown?
- [quote]Profile for Djohar Tsarnaev says he last logged on to the social network at 6:04pm yesterday
- Photos of the dead suspect from the first part of this topic. When were these taken?
- Photo: Backyard view from Watertown, Mass.
- Jesus Christ Chris Cuomo has become too much to bare on CNN. Same for John Berman. The guy constantly sounds like he's about to have a nervous fucking breakdown.
As for Cuomo, the smarmy, eye-batting patronizing and arrogance is hate worthy.
- Hot, R4.
Sad that it had to end this way.
- I agree- what happened to Cuomo- he was never this grating before- I actually liked him on ABC... Now he just never shuts up!
- So it turns out they WERE Muslims!
- on the other thread someone wrote "They are probably creepy, loner misfits who feel some phony solidarity with"
This is ALL terrorists
- [quote]@nbcwashington: BREAKING: NBC News' Pete Williams reports bombing suspect who fled drove over his own brother as he escaped.
- Those Chechnya brothers are wild and crazy guys!
- What makes some of you think poor Sunil is still living? He left a suicide note and disappeared a month ago.
- I hope he is still safe, R13
- Most Sucidies leave bodies....
- [quote]@nprnews is reporting that a third man has been arrested. He's being called an accomplice, not yet a suspect
- Well, if they commit the suicide in a place where the body can be found, R15, like a house. If not, they may go somewhere else where the body may not be discovered - such as jump off a bridge and be swept out to sea, in a forest (like Walter Koenig's son in Vancouver National Park in 2010).
- [quote]NBC's Pete Williams: Other Suspect Identified As Tamerlan Tzarnaev
The first suspect (seen right) in the Boston marathon bombing who was killed earlier Friday has been identified as 26-year-old Tamerlan Tzarnaev, the brother of Dzhokhar Tzarnaev, who still remains at large, according to NBC's Pete Williams. They have been living in the United States since 2002 or 2003.
See what appear to be Tamarlan's boxing photos here.
"I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them," he says in one of the photos.
According to the captions, Tamarlan studied at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston. After his family fled Chechnya because of the "conflict in the early 90s, they lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee."
- Hot, yes?
- Tamerlan Tsarnaev's YouTube page (the older brother who was killed) has several Islam-themed video
- The Associated Press
[quote]BREAKING: 3 law enforcement sources, uncle of Boston Marathon bomb suspects confirm men were brothers.
- [quote]Explosives, pressure cooker found at crime scene in Watertown, sources tell @PeteWilliamsNBC
- [quote]BREAKING: Uncle of bombing suspects calls one of them a "loser."
- Lauren Leamanczyk @LaurenWBZ
[quote]Just spoke to a friend of the bombing suspects. Says he is shocked. The brothers were popular and athletic students at Cambridge R & L.
- When I went to bed last night I'd seen one suspect cornered by police lying flat in the street, clearly alive. I'd also heard eyewitness accounts that they'd made someone strip nude before putting them in patrol car. So are there 3 suspects? Did the one really drive over his brother killing him to get away?
- [quote]Just in: Bulletin that was circulated among police earlier this morning after MIT shooting
- The guy who was lying in the street was made to strip nude. He turned out to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and was let go.
- [quote]When I went to bed last night I'd seen one suspect cornered by police lying flat in the street, clearly alive.
That one turned out not to be a suspect at all, but an innocent bystander. After being strip-searched by police, he was released.
- Please don't let them be WHITE, Please don't let them be WHITE, Please don't let them be ...
- Pete Williams says authorities believe they know where the second suspect is and they're worried about a third accomplice, a relative.
- Did you see the BBC's interview with the guy from Watertown? When the shootout started, he took cover in the closet. While he was in there, he heard something moving in his room. When he came out, he found a bullet hole in the wall and through the back of the chair where he'd been sitting.
- [quote]Tamerlan Tsarnaev said he wanted to become an engineer. He was a boxer, and a goal was to box for the US Olympic team
- @ R29. You sure that's white, bro?
- Why would they be worried, R30? They have the whole US military at their disposal. What can 2 guys do against them?
- [quote]Uncle just said if Boston wanted to come down on him what can he do because "I'm associated with those bastards."
- [quote]President Obama briefed overnight about Boston developments
- something's fishy....with the media (again).
I've watched Morning Joe for years. I've NEVER seen Mika get so flustered and SCARED and AMAZED and OMFG!!!! It's like really bad acting.
- [quote]Law enforcement source confirms at least 1 of brothers is a legal permanent resident in the U.S.
- [quote]@NBCNews: JUST IN: Authorities take unidentified person into custody as manhunt for second bomber continues in #Boston
- [quote]WPIX11: "They are telling the suspect on the loudspeaker to come out."
- [quote]NBC: Third person is in police custody, arrested at 410 Norfolk St. in Cambridge.
- [quote]too much to bare on CNN.
CNN prefers that their people keep their clothes on, r6.
- The Chechen people are a good people......
- [quote]Everyone watching TV in NYC, switch to Channel 11.
- WTF are we doing letting Chechens into the US? That's not asking for trouble, that's BEGGING for trouble.
- [quote]Why would they be worried, [R30]? They have the whole US military at their disposal. What can 2 guys do against them?
My sense is they don't know where the 3rd accomplice is. And two guys can do a lot of damage if they have explosives.
- [quote]I've watched Morning Joe for years. I've NEVER seen Mika get so flustered and SCARED and AMAZED and OMFG!!!! It's like really bad acting.
She just said the brothers were on a rampage, "murdering anyone in their path" and it's "unlike anything even seen in the Wild West."
- CONFIRMED: He's an insane Muslim.
- Mika is doing that phony "best country in the world" speech shit now. She needs to die in a grease fire. What a fucking dumb twat!
- [quote]WTF are we doing letting Chechens into the US? That's not asking for trouble, that's BEGGING for trouble.
Why are we giving illegals amnesty, with bleeding hearts calling for the borders to be open?
- Move over James Holmes, there's a new murderous wank fantasy!
- Story is changing. Earlier said the guys were 19 and 20 and here for a year. Now, the dead guy is said to be 25 and here for five years.
- "It's such a charming little neighborhood. A beautiful, peaceful neighborhood that's been rocked by this reign of terror."
- Mika was over the top today. I have a feeling that Willie had a tazer ready to use at any moment. She was going on and on about what parents are going to have to tell their children! And when they showed the police leading people out of their houses in Watertown and some of the people had kids and babies she just about lost it. I flipped over to CBS and John Miller and Brattan were the voice of reason as was Pete Williams on NBC. I thought Joe had been on earlier in the am but he seems to have disappeared.
- so it looks like the photos they published yesterday about the suspected bombers were actually of the right guys. That's actually pretty amazing.
- I wondered why she had been let go from her previous show, now I have an idea. She's been obnoxious on this story.
Also, when Joe disappears during the show, where does he go? This morning wasn't the first time he's gone awol.
- Very amazing.
- But Islam is a religion of love and peace!
- Hope some of you learned your lesson about jumping on the bandwagon. Almost had another Richard Jewel (or 3) on our hands.
- Sashay, shante!
What's Chechen for "fabulous"?
- So is Christianity, R58. That hasn't stopped us from destroying other countries to keep the oil flowing.
- His Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_A
"I will kill you all as you killed my brother"
- Why would Chechens want to blow things up in Boston? Their beef is with Russia.
- Suspect is allegedly posting threats online right now.
- Is that really his twitter account? So he's tweeting while on the run?
- he has a laptop with him (said the mercedes guy who they let live)
- Why do I keep reading the suspect is a Che Guevera supporter jbecause that missing Brown student was wearing a Che shirt? What does one have to with the other?
- Besides, the guy only has seven tweets. He's on the run, so he decides to open a Twitter account?
- Oh yes that is his real twitter account. Obviously created in the last couple of hours. I mean that is what I would do if my brother was killed and I was being hunted in a massive manhunt. Create a twitter account and taunt people.
- Twitter accounts are very easily faked.
- [quote] Why would Chechens want to blow things up in Boston? Their beef is with Russia.
My guess: some issue such as having the US citizenship application rejected, the possibility of getting deported back to Russia over some minor offence, a major setback in college, or something like that, which made them snap.
- This is too hot for words.
- This has been the best miniseries since The Thorn Birds!
- The media is trying to make him seem as foreign but the 19 year old has been here for at least 10 years. But stories coming out he was normal kid. Woman who said guy was friend of her nephew said he was nice & normal kid. He was on the wrestling team. He had prom pictures. He had friends. But funnily all the people who've called him didn't realize he had a brother.
- As Chechyans, might they be pissed at the U.S. for not giving much support to the Chechyan separtist cause?
- Who is the asshole who keeps saying "Hot" followed by a bad link?
- [quote]Why would Chechens want to blow things up in Boston? Their beef is with Russia.
It might just have something to do with growing up in a war zone and becoming refugees because of that war. I imagine your anger and violent world view would distort the idea of who your enemies are. This is the thing about Iraq and Afghanistan (Palestine, Democratic Republic of Congo, etc.) that worries me the most. All those young people growing up knowing violence in ways that most of us can't imagine.
- R75, see R10
- If he was just a normal kid, r74, why did he set off bombs that killed and maimed people, why did he shoot and kill police, why is he on the run?
- Religion kills.
- Tribalism kills
- Anonymous says this is his real Twitter. He only posted for a couple of weeks.
- Maybe this will finally make people understand that Islamism is not a regional problem of the Middle East.
- Or, more likely given the number of followers, he deleted all his older tweets.
- Chechnya article relating to this.
- R82, strange twitter for a US-based Chechen, mainly talking about the English and Spanish football leagues (and using the correct term of football) and saying things like 50 pounds. Also, it reads as though it belongs to someone who works for footytube.com.
R83, the issue of Chechenya has been known for a long time.
- Yeah, it might be a troll with an older account looking for attention. But if that's the case, not sure why it hasn't been updated more recently. Like with everything else, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
- That was me, R10. What I meant is that I think these brothers are way more Columbine than 9/11. They happen to have an unusual cultural background, but I don't think there is much real ideology involved. They are just angry, hateful kids who wanted revenge for whatever petty, bullshit they felt that society had dealt them. The oldest may have also experienced some serious psychological trauma during the war they escaped from. Just my opinion.
- New photo.
- The uncle is a hot daddy. He just gave a press conference in his driveway in the DC suburbs.
Is that pronounced like 'joker'?
- The suspect just retweeted "Где вы будете встречать меня в Лондоне на 21 апреля?" which means Where will you meet me in London on April 21?
Does that mean attacks are planned there on the 21st?
- R92, the London Marathon is April 21st
- The uncle is sexy.
- Tamerlan probably experienced brain damage from his career as a boxer.
- "It's the sand-NIGGERS. It's the GOOKS. It's the BROWN folk"
Sorry fuckers - it's the Chechens.
I wrote a long post on the "Have you ever just walked off a job?" thread, but deleted it before posting - no-one would have believed me.
Chechen, Russian, Muslim???
Substitute "SCUM" with every word...
- We don't know that they are Chechens. Indeed, I believe the original claim was that they were from Dagestan, not Chechnya. And we are not even sure of that.
- Well, it's been awfully quiet since all the excitement early this morning. How can this guy avoid all those cops and dogs in that area? Is he holding someone hostage?
- [quote] Tamerlan was a Golden Gloves boxer who is now the father of a 2-year-old
- I'm getting bored. Wish something would happen.
- According to travel records obtained by NBC, the older brother went to Russia for 6 months a few years back.
- The earlier retweeted message about London on the 21st has now been deleted.
- R102 - fake account. I hope the assholes faking that it's him get busted.
- R97, according to their uncle they have "put a shame on entire Chechnya ethnicity". He is their father's brother, so I guess they're ethnic Chechens.
- This is a colossal waste of money. They only killed 3 people. More people have died on my local roadways since the bombings. More people have died from guns since the bombing. They're wasting tens of millions of dollars with these SWAT teams and helicopters. All for a teenaged Chechen who ran over his own brother.
- If the uncle is the brother of their father, why does he have a different surname?
- R97, they are ethnic Chechens from Dagestan. But they are literally Caucasians.
- Was he shot during the shootout? Does anyone think he could be dead?
- Surprised he's been able to hold out for so long. They've now searched 70% of the Boston area. What happens if they don't find him when they get to 100%?
- They reported that they were not breaking into houses where the door wasn't opened by someone. He could be holding hostages or he could have killed the occupants of a house or apartment.
- Kudos to r107 for using the word "literally" in the correct way.
- What was the story with the guy arrested on Norfolk Street? (He was shown as pic #9 in the slideshow on the front page of the Boston Globe. but the slide numbers change)
There was also a controlled explosion on Norfolk St today
- [quote]A friend of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: “He never brought it (religion) up. It seemed like he could care less.”
- Police scanner sound with news video
- Sunil's family has had a lot to deal with. Poor kid
- [quote]@NBCNewYork: #BREAKING: 7 more bombs recovered in #Boston Marathon bombing suspect searches.
- [quote]Live Coverage: Boston lifts mandate to stay indoors
- I stopped watching earlier today when a reporter said they were moved out of an area where a dead body was lying on the street.
This kid's been dead for hours.
- Did he escape the dragnet?!?
- Then why continue this manhunt, R118?
- NPR Update: He got away!
- Details, R121?
- I beginning to think he's dead. It's weird that there hasn't been one spotting. The brother's body was so riddled with bullets that the hospital didn't count how many. The younger one had to have been hit. He probably just crawled somewhere and bled to death.
- I agree with that, R123. They've shown themselves to be amateurs without an escape plan. The other one is either dead or holed up somewhere in the area.
- [quote]They've shown themselves to be amateurs without an escape plan.
I'd say they've made quite the impact this week.
- R123, where did you read that?
- I'm not R121, but the Boston lockdown was just lifted, which strongly implies he got away.
- I agree that they're amateurs, or at least not connected with terror cells. Wouldn't they have had better training (to make deadlier bombs) or funding? Robbing a 7-11 is a desperation move for cash. Surely, they would have had better means if they're connected.
- Why lift the Boston lockdown? How do they know he's left the area?
- R126, this was a statement from the doctor who examined the dead brother. I agree he's either dead somewhere in the locked down area or there will be a shootout tonight. They're trying to smoke him out of his hiding place.
- About the state of the brother's body and no spottings? It's on the Guardian live blog and on the "Boston and surrounding Towns on lockdown" thread. It's in several news reports.
- These 'amateurs' sure have given the Boston Police, the FBI & the rest of the authorities a run for their money.
- [quote] I agree that they're amateurs,
Amateurs or not, they managed to carry out a successful bombing and caused a manhunt worth at least tens of millions of dollars.
Trillions are being wasted on Homeland Security. Two jokers with shopping bags can carry out a bombing under the noses of police and security personnel and manage to get Boston, the FBI, Homeland Security and who knows else to spend millions of dollars trying to track them down.
I'd say they're not the only amateurs here.
- BREAKING NEWS: Shots fired in Watertown!!
- [quote]Robbing a 7-11 is a desperation move for cash.
The police are now saying they think the 7-Eleven robbery is unrelated.
- From Boston.com:
"Massive volley of gunfire -- 15 or 20 seconds at least
by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 6:58 PM
Everyone is running toward an empty parking lot -- media told to head toward Franklin Street
by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 6:59 PM"
- 7:04 p.m.: "BREAKING: Man pinned down by police in Watertown believed to be bomb suspect, source says."
- So they lifted the lockdown so more people will run out and get shot?
- There's a security camera picture of the younger one robbing the convenience store.
- BODY FOUND!!
- R138 - maybe they lifted the lockdown because they hoped it would make the suspect move somewhere they could find him?
- [quote]Channel 5 says there is somebody in a boat in the Watertown backyard, but they do not know if he is dead or alive.
by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 4:16 PM
- Troll-dar is not your friend, R140.
- r140 hasn't said anything on this thread that hasn't been reported.
- From the 2nd shooter trapped thread:
[quote]Woman saw blood leading to boat and called authorities. They think he's been there all day, if not all night. They say he's alive.
R123 & R124 got it.
- Love Uncle Ruslan!
- R106, they do have the same surname. The uncle is Tsarni, they are Tsarnaev (and the aunt, sister, mother Tsarnaeva). All he's done is shorten it or maybe never added the "son/daughter of" or "child of" bit (-aev/a). Perhaps he wanted to "Americanise" his name when he migrated. The uncle and the father also resemble each other.
R127, as proved, lifting the lockdown actually meant that they'd isolate him. And they would only know that he'd got away if they'd actually seen him get away, on camera or in reality.
R144, "Body found" was never reported.
- Reddit apologises for identifying wrong suspects
The site, which hosts entries submitted by its users, incorrectly identified an Indian American student as being "Suspect Number Two" in the images released by the FBI. The photo turned out to show Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old eventually arrested and charged with the attacks.
It also claimed to have "discovered" the name of another of the bombers - a man who was also unconnected to the attacks.
The website, which was founded in Boston in 2005, begun a "Find the Boston Bombers" thread on its site. Traffic to the website peaked when Dzhokhar was captured, with 272,000 users on the site.
The student incorrectly identified had gone missing in Boston about a month prior to the attacks, and his name was soon trending worldwide on Twitter. His sister told NBC News that Reddit is "one of the more ugly and disgusting places that had a lot of traffic" relating to her brother.
"We have apologised privately to the family of (the) missing college student, as have various users and moderators," wrote Erik Martin, Reddit's general manager, in a post to the site's official blog. "We want to take this opportunity to apologise publicly for the pain they have had to endure."
- It's funny how Reddit apologized but I think they shut all the speculation about Sunil pretty fast. That same night the Mod took all references to him. But by then it was too late because it was all over Twitter. I think it's twitter that actually spread this rumor. In fact it was someone on twitter who said they heard his name and another guy (egyptian) on the police scanner.
- What about me?