- Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis
- LiLo and Ronson were not rumored, they actually dated and it was public.
- Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin.
- Nicomi: Nicole Kidman/Naomi Watts
- Jodie Foster and every female she comes in contact with.
- Queen Anne and Sarah Churchill
Empress Alexandra and Anna Vyrubova
Marie Antoinette and the Princesse de Lamballe
- Oh the STORIES I could tell... Martina and Billie Jean, Martina and Wendy, Billie Jean and Wendy, Martina and Billie Jean and Wendy.
If you thought you saw the FUR FLY between Alexis and Krystle back in the 80s, you ain't seen NUTHIN' yet! Those WTA LOCKER ROOMS in the 80s had naked limbs AKIMBO round the clock.
Oh, but I didn't really see much, as I was trying to sneak a PEEK at those ATPers. You know, Johnny Mac and ummm... all those MALE players in the 80s. Uh, who else? Um, McEnroe, and uh, GEEZ why can't I remember? I was always trying to spy on the PEEN.
But, boy, I remember Rosie and Ginny and Gigi and Conchita and Gabby and Hana and Jana and... oh I'm getting OFF TOPIC. Those men in the 80s were the BOMB.
- Maria Bello and Mariska Hargitay
- Oprah and Tina Turner.
- Ruth & Naomi
- R6 is making up the one about Empress Alexandra and Anna Vyrubova!
- Everybody knows the Vyrabovas are all about the cock!
- Maggie Gallagher and Phyllis Schlafy
- Janet Napolitano and her entire female staff
- Random Thoughts...
Oprah and Maria Shriver (she's Pam's cousin, you know) Maybe Gayle has been bearding all these years? Hmm... Maybe I am joshing about? Hmm...
I read a while back that Marlene Dietrich and Mae West of all people might have had a thing going back in the year one. That is an interesting combo to say the least.
Who was Agnes Moorehead's partner? Was that very made public?
- Dolly has already admitted in her biography that she and Judy Ogle have shared a bed for years. Before and even during Dolly's marriage to Carl Dean.
- R2, it wasn't initially public, I wasn't following closely at the time but I think Ronson was referred to as a "friend" for quite awhile.
- Camilla Belle/Maria Sharpova
Kristen Stewart/Nikki Reed
Kristen Stewart/Dakota Fanning
Lea Michele/Diane Argon
Ellen Page/Clea Duval (this one is most likely true)
Cara Delvigne (model and rumored ex of Harry Styles)/Rita Ora (singer) (I didn't know who either of them were until I heard this rumor)
Ashley Benson/a-friend-of-Kristen-Stewart's (Benson's at the same time rumored to be dating James Franco)
- Queen Christina and her maid.
- Spring Byington and Marjorie Main
Mary Martin and Janet Gaynor
- Lauren Holly and Ingrid Casares
Ingrid Casares and Madonna
Megan Mullally and Gillian Anderson
Megan Mullally and Debbie Reynolds
Oprah and Diane Sawyer
Gillian Anderson and Alex Kingston
- Don't forget Debbie Reynolds and Agnes Moorehead
- Gillian Anderson/Holly Hunt
- Gillian Anderson and Gina Gershon
- Gwyneth Paltrow/Christina Applegate
- Ah, how can we forget Holly Hunt. My favorite actress.
- Gertrude Stein / Alice B. Toklas
- Tallulah Bankhead and Hattie McDaniel.
- Queen Liz and Maggie Thatcher. Allegedly.
- R19=l chat
No one outside of them would care for such a list.
- Eleanor Roosevelt and Lorena Hickok
- IN HISTORY???
When did history begin with the 1990s?
- r16, according to Maria Riva, there was alot of flirtation between West and Dietrich, but nothing happened. West loved to shock and Dietrich loved the woman's bawdy humour.
Riva confirms Dietrich's affairs with Piaf, De Acsota, and Jo Carstairs, as well as trysts with authors Colette and Gertrude Stein.
Rumoured lesbian trysts:
Dolores Del Rio
Anna May Wong
- Marcia Cross and Kristen Davis
- Mary Tyler Moore/Bernadette Peters
Bernadette Peters/Liz Smith
Liz Smith/Holland Taylor
Liz Smith/Morgan Fairchild
Liz Smith/Suzanne Somers
Kim Basinger/Jodie Foster
Jodie Foster/Kelly McGillis
Kelly McGillis/Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston/Jodie Foster
Jodie Foster/Gillian Anderson
Gillian Anderson/Tyra Banks
Tyra Banks/Teresa Weatherspoon
Jenny Shimizu/Angelina Jolie
- Liz Smith/Dana Delany
- Lena Horne and Ava Gardner
Ava Gardner and Lana Turner, which may have been a one time thing more than an affair.
- Kirstie Alley and Kelly Preston
- Whitney Houston and Jodie Foster fighting over Kelly McGillis.Supposedly Jodie got a real ass whoopin from Whitney.
- Garbo's last rumored romance was with French heiress Cécile Léonie Eugénie Gudule Lucie de Rothschild.
Truman Capote, not the most reliable of sources, claimed that Cécile de Rothschild bought Garbo a lovely apartment in Paris.
The rumors were widespread. It inspired the fictional romance between reclusive, retired star Karla and the filthy rich Deidre Milford Granger in Jacqueline Susann's Once Is Not Enough.
In the novel, and subsequent film, Karla loved Dee but wasn't above letting Dee give her lavish gifts.
- Louise Brooks and Greta Garbo
- Joan Jett and Cherie Curie (this really happened, btw!)
- Katharine Hepburn and Cynthia McFadden
- Connie and Annie
- Not rumored but I've wondered about Cherie Curie and Jodie. Based on how she described her relationship with her in her book.
- How is it possible that no one has mentioned Lillian Gish and Dorothy Gish!
- Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett (almost certainly never happened, though)
- Jodie Foster and The Go-Go's Gina Schock
- Carrie Brownstein and Corin Tucker (another one that really happened)
- Claudette Colbert and Marlene Dietrich
- Drew Barrymore and Jane Pratt
Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page
- Will & Jada
- Madonna & Sandra
- That one isn't rumored r49. Jodie and Gina were together for a long ass time. Um,I guess it still qualifies.
Ellen Page. Man, did she disappeared.
Isn't Katherine H and Cynthia more about her being her secret daughter?
- Eleanor Roosevelt and Lorena Hickock
- Interesting r41. Have you read that novel?
- Liz Smith and Iris Love (this one is true)
Liz Smith and Sue Simmons
- Joan Jett and Kathleen Hannah
- Jada, Oprah, Whitney, Tyra, Lena. NONE of them are lesbo. None. Leave these fine ladies alone.
- R55, I've heard both the "secret daughter" rumor and "secret lover" rumor
Hepburn is also supposed to have had affairs with her friend Laura Harding and her secretary Phyllis Wilbourn.
- Joan Crawford and Marilyn Monroe
- Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West (this actually happened)
Willa Cather and Isabelle McClung
Willa Cather and Edith Lewis
Sarah Orne Jewett and Annie Fields
George Sand and Marie Duval
Susan Sontag and Annie Leibowitz (this was acknowledged, albeit not until after Sontag's death)
- Jacqueline Susann and Ethel Merman.
- Gia Carangi and Sally Linter
- Madonna and Kelly McGillis.
Madonna and Lori Petty.
- Winona Ryder and Brittany Murphy.
- Dietrich and Monroe together:
- Angelina Jolie and everybody
- Hildegard Knef was reportedly one of Dietrich's lovers.
Another rumoured Dietrich lover was Rosemary Clooney.
- Rizzoli and Isles
- Elzabeth Mitchell and that chick
- Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West
- Madonna and Jodie
Jodie and Wionna Ryder
Not sure if I have this one accurate but I think I remember hearing Madonna and Ellen Barkin? Could have been Madonna and some other blond.
[60} GET OVER IT.
Most certainly these are VERY FINE Women and remain exceptionally fine lover of other women even if you are a homophobe.
Whitney and Robyn were an item in their youth, Momma Cissy all but said it in her interview, AND in her book.
Lena is well known to have had female lovers.
Wont speak to the others.
- Lena Horne and Ava Gardner own this thread.
But don't discount Lena and Jinx Falkenburg. Lena was positively cuckoo over her.
- Talking of r60 getting over it
Tyra and some basketball player (WNBA)
- Lena Horne and Sue Simmons
Liz Smith and Kaye Ballard
- Lena and Tallulah (I don't believe it)
Lena and Marlena. Lena looks like she doesn't want to be there, so I don't believe it:
- Can't judge by one millisecond in time captured r79
- Lena's gay fug husband let her do whatever she wanted, but with all of the available women in the world, Dietrich??? Can't see it.
- I don't think Lilo and Samantha was a rumor. They were out and together.
- R79, as a blind person you really are not in a position to judge body language. Lena was creaming all around her legendary three-inch clitoris in that pic.
- [quote] Who was Agnes Moorehead's partner? Was that ever made public?
One of them might have been Kathy Ellis, who was referred to publicly as Aggie's "secretary" or "stand-in" (even though their height and builds were completely different). They were together at least from the mid-50's until 1970. It's not unusual to see Kathy in the background doing walk-ons or bit parts in Aggie's movies/TV guest spots and on Bewitched.
- r64, my understanding is that Jacqueline Susann had a major crush on Ethel Merman, almost to the point of stalking her, but Ethel did not reciprocate. I could be wrong though.
- As r82 pointed out, are we including those who were known to be full couples? The ones mentioned in some of these like r49 (Jodie-Gina) , r54 ( Madonna-Sandra) , r43 (Joan-Cherie) and Lindsey-Sam were in relationships and not just rumored.
- Does this mean that Jodie Foster is a slut? It seems like she practically slept with every lesbian in hollywood.
I Think She Is A Slut
- Supposedly, Madonna and Jennifer Grey during the time they did Bloodhounds of Broadway together.
- Hillary Clinton and Mary Steenbergen
- Jenny Shimizu and Madonna. Michelle Rodriguez and Kristanna Loken.
- I think at this point people are just listing all the female celebrities and pairing them up randomly.
- [quote]R6 is making up the one about Empress Alexandra and Anna Vyrubova!
The Empress and her dear friend were RUMORED to be lesbian lovers. OP asked for rumored couples. The people of Russia were eager to believe every bad thing possible that could be attributed to the Empress. It was only natural that they would gossip about an "unnatural" relationship between her and Anna Vyrubova (a dowdy dullard elevated to a life of privilege for being the Empress' only close woman friend.)
- Rosanna Arquette and Madonna
Rosanna Arquette and Laura Dern
Rosanna Arquette and Melissa Etheridge
And no [R91], this is not just listing all the female celebrities and pairing them up randomly.
I recognize almost all pairings as internet gossip of the last twenty years.
That doesn't mean, of course, that they are true. But this thread is titled "Rumored lesbian romances in history".
- Lol, r83. Leave it to a man to think clit size means anything.
- Ava Gardner and Lana Turner, caught in the act by Frank Sinatra. (None of the principals confirmed this rumor.)
- Hillary Clinton+Markie Post
Liz Smith+Jessica Savitch
Liz Smith+Gillian Anderson
Liz Smith+Marisa Tomei
- How could we forget
Jodie and Gillian Anderson
- [quote] And no [[R91]], this is not just listing all the female celebrities and pairing them up randomly. I recognize almost all pairings as internet gossip of the last twenty years.
R93 is correct, I remember most of these as well. Here's one to add:
Portia de Rossi and Guin Turner, briefly. I think there were paparazzi photos of them.
Portia broke up with Francesca Gregorini to be with Ellen. That one's on the record.
- I hope so r87
I remember hearing that Jodie was the go-to gal for curious actresses. Jodie was just providing help. Bless her.
- Bebe Neuwirth and Whoopi Goldberg=one of the great casting couch odd couples
- LOL @R71. That was hilarious.
- R77....It was Tyra and Teresa Witherspoon.
- Does anyone really believe all these crazy Liz Smith rumors?
- This thread makes me drip like a leaky faucet.
- Jacqueline Susann and Carole Landis, not a rumor, absolutely true.
Lena Horne and Tallulah Bankhead. At least Tallu tried.
- Cynthia Nixon and Sarah Jessica Parker were partners at one point. NOt sure if they still are.
In the Drama Department theater company, you freaksw
- Carol Burnett and Julie Andrews
- jacqueline Bisset and Candice Bergen
- I played. St. Petersburgh when I toured with Alister Sims in Our American Cousin. The talk wasn't about Anna and Alix, but Anna and Rasputin, It wasn't true, but there were rumors. There were rumors about Alix and Rasputin too. Still not true. The rumors about myself and Raspitan? True. Tonthis day I cannot see a French bread, or a salami without getting aroused.
- Now that would be a hot pairing if it were true, R108.
- Whitney and Lela Rochon during the filming of Waiting to Exhale
Patti LaBelle and Nona Hendryx
- [quote]Does anyone really believe all these crazy Liz Smith rumors?
Which are the crazy ones? I know some of the rumors to be true.
- Liza and Lana Cantrell.
- Isn't jacqueline Bisset rumored to be gay? Always though Candice Bergen was, especially when she married the French director. She's married to some rich/finance guy now. Think he was older than she when they married.
- The ultimate rumored lesbian romance: Jodie, Kelly and Whitney. Any version of the always-changing-story.
- Sue Simmons and Jessica Savitch
- R116 Is that a for real rumor?
- Where have you been in the last 20 years r118?
- Candice Bergen is gay, R115. Her first husband was the French director that was bi and rumor is that they had an open relationship.
There aren't any rumors about Jacqueline Bisset but she has always pinged my gaydar. I can definitely see them having a fling behind the scenes. They were both gorgeous at the time.
- Diane Sawyer and...
- I heard a rumor somewhere that Camilla Belle had a fling with Shannon Woodward.
- [quote[I heard a rumor somewhere that Camilla Belle had a fling with Shannon Woodward.
HA! Though CB is a former androgyne of sorts, both are man-worshipers at the end of the day.
So, I dunno. I think by "heard" you mean "misheard," or by "fling," you mean "appeared in the same project once."
C. and M. Sharipova? Possibly at one insecure, drunken point in time.
- Jill Farren Phelps and Robin Christopher
- r36 it's like celebrity cunt swap
- r124 - Oh my!
- Tallulah Bankhead and Billie Holiday
Alia Nazimova and June Mathis
Diedre Hall and Jane Elliott(Sp?)
Beth Ann Bonner and Bree Williamson
Alla Nazimova and Anna May Wong
Alla Nazimova and Jean Acker
Marilyn Monroe and Ava Gardner
- This is all just malicious gossip!
Miss Donna Mills, bachelorette
- I find it so weird that the subject line contains "in history" and the OP only lists recent celebrities.
- Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop
- R123, Shannon Woodward is the one who worships men, to a sad extent at that. I'm pretty positive Belle is at least fluid. But you're correct that these two women never had a fling.
- Liz Smith and Ann Richards
Liz Smith and Kaye Ballard
- Gillian Anderson + Elisha Jade Donowa
Helen Hunt + Melissa Etheridge
- Betty had Veronica
- Ann Richards- not gay
Holland Taylor - gayer than Gay Gayerson
- Markie Post boffed Bill, not Hill.
- [quote]Spring Byington and Marjorie Main
This is my very favorite couple of all time. I can just seem them together, Spring all twittery and light, and Marjorie your basic bull dyke.
I love how they were known as the "dowager lesbians of Hollywood."
- A question, not a rumor, Carrie Fisher and anyone?
- So what's with Gillian Anderson? She dates beautiful women- like this Elisha Jade woman I looked up- but the men she's with all look deformed. is she so gay she can only judge female hotness?
- Jesus, is that butt even real
- Real, and spectacular r140.
- Elisha looks damn fine from the front as well, r139.
Anderson is a lesbian. She "dated" both Jodie Foster's handbag and somehow (I wonder how?) picked up Geri Halliwell's ex-beard as her last boyfriend.
Most I've ever heard about Carrie Fisher is that she made out with a few women at parties. She's admitted it...and went on to say it didn't do anything for her. Her mom loves washed up sitcom moms and Vegas showgirls though.
- There's a lot of gossip on GA having a sexual fetish for women's asses. She hit the jackpot with that girl R139. She also banged Tyra Banks who has a sizable butt.
Shocked at the lack of mention of Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor.
- Agnes Morrehead was with that character actress whose name I can't remember! There was a thread here long ago called "Alice Whatley's Ghost" or something like that. Alice Whatley...Wheatley, Watly? Does anyone recall?
- One of Agnes Moorehead's GF's.
- [quote]Isn't jacqueline Bisset rumored to be gay?
Anybody know any of the rumors? I've heard about the one with Candice Bergen but is there anything else?
- Go away, R125. Pollute another thread with your incisive humor.
- Bo Derek and Annette Haven.
- "I find it so weird that the subject line contains "in history" and the OP only lists recent celebrities."
I was just about to post this. Not only has the OP listed celebrities, so have a majority of the other posters in this thread.
The general public is way too obesesed with celebrities and show business in general, not only that, most people will recognize a photo, or drawing, of a celebrity before they would recognize a political figure!
- I meant to post, "...before they would recognize a historical figure," Actually politicians do fit right in with historical figures.
- Comedic actress Alice Ghostly was married to an Italian actor, Felice Orlandi, for fifty years.
Did people back then seriously beard for such long periods of of time? Could you stay in a fake relationship for FIFTY years?!
- Gwen Stefani and half the females to ever attend No Doubt concerts.
- R151 = double standard
- Marisa Berenson and Diane von Furstenberg
Marisa Berenson and Liza Minnelli
- Thanks for the gossip, ladies!
- Helen Hunt + Melissa Etheridge
Helen Hunt has no standards!!!
- Laura Misch/Pam Grier
Pam Grier/Joanna Cassidy (sp?)
- Melissa Etheridge is the lezbo Mick Jaggar - getting women that would never look twice at her if she wasn't a rock star.
- Pam Grier has it going on. In her prime Pam Grier was the shit!
- Grier and Misch may have been the most attractive lezzie couple in history.
- Helen Hunt was *way* out of Etheridge's league. Dat ass.
And somebody had better mention Liz Smith and holland Taylor. Dammit.
- Helen Hunt is fugly... I don't understand the fascination with her.
- Let's hear more about Nona and Patti, Oprah and Tina Turner, and Whitney and Lela R. Details?? Thanks
- Crystal Bernard + Morgan Fairchild
- Helen Hunt was like a sexier Jodie Foster when they were both younger. Pretty with a mouth watering figure. She's kept her figure but sacrificed her face.
Melisa Etheridge was hideous when she was young and never would have scored Hunt if not for the Lilith Fair fad.
Didn't Hunt also romance Gillian Anderson?
- Now that's a beautiful woman, r139.
- Jodie Foster and Claire Danes
- R166, that claim is a lie, but you probably know that because you're also the idiot at r139 who keeps peddling this fabrication.
- We have something called trolldar hear, dear. Those aren't the same posters.
How is it you know that claim is lie? Have you been staking out Gillian Anderson's bushes?
- "We have something called trolldar hear, dear."
- What's with the Gillian Anderson fans invading this site? Anytime the gossip gets good on this woman they swoop in and start calling people liars and idiots.
I could have sworn that her career ended with x-files. Are her fans in a timewarp of some kind?
I endorse the Bo Derek & Annette Haven affair; that was one of those open secrets. Today people just stare blankly.
Anyone mention Vanna White?
- Not a Gillian Anderson fan girl and I don't care whose muff she's diving into these days but her career didn't end with the X-Files.
She has consistently worked since the X-files ended. Just saw her in two things recently: The Fall and Hannibal.
- She still works. She's not a star.
Sorry but I can't shake the feeling that Gillian Anderson has a P.R. department working for her on gossip sites: there's always someone that appears to announce that her career is still thriving and she wouldn't sleep with certain women who have been consistently linked to her.
It seems like an awful lot of work for someone who is a character actress in a few tv shows. I'm getting Baby Jane vibes off this woman. The pressure of aging plus the closet.
- R173, that woman has only ever been linked to Anderson on this site, by a person or persons who appear to have been shilling for the Sun newspaper (if you remember the thread).
There was a thread a year or so ago, when Anderson was reappearing on UK tv and it was clear the Sun was desperately trying to break some kind of "lesbian scandal" story on her. They seemed to have be trying to throw out names and rumours and fabrications and seeing if anyone would bite.
Gillian's been linked with many women, and I'm not denying any of that, but whenever she and her sexuality are mentioned on DL there is a efforts by a particular individual to link her to the woman at r139, which is a fabrication.
From previous threads where this individual has made these claims, it's been quite apparent on several occasions that the same individual has been attempting to bump his/her posts and get a "discussion' going.
And, the idea that I am personally employed by Gillian Anderson is certainly flattering for me, but hilarious and wrong.
- This is one of the "Elisha posts" from the old thread. Make what you will of it, but whenever I see these "Elisha posts" on Gillian Anderson threads, it makes me think someone is out to get her using her sexuality as a weapon. As a lesbian and X-Files fan, I don't want bisexual or lesbian women in the entertainment industry to be attacked in this way.
Oh, and as a British lesbian, I can assure you we don't say things like "knockers" or "shag a bint".
"Gillian Anderson is a public figure that has depended on media operations to make her name. She is not our Queen on her throne, able to dictate terms. And she wasn't born to this life, she pursued it. The media doesn't exist just to give Gillian Anderson only mint copy, though she seems to think it should. She wanted the mdeia spotlight, got it (for a full stop), and has to live with the negatives. Assuming you're Brit/American or Western, I would hope that you understand the concept of freedom of the press.
"On the Murdoch ops, let me tell you what should be blaringly obvious. They've been covering Gillian's many (many) encounters with puss, celebrity or not, whether Sharon Stone or Helen Hunt, even Natalie Portman (think Moby), for years. All to save her image and that of major Fox properties. Gillian should be thanking em for this not condemning em; without a strong media empire on her side, people would widely know just how much she prefers a pair of knockers. As for today, there's not the same interest. Her major property is near brown bread. Why should Murdoch's power be used to cover any longer? If there is a green light on another X-Files, that outlook could quickly change. But at the moment it looks like Gillian will have to cover her own hind quarters.
"Gillian has used the media repeatedly for her own benefit. She probably was thinking along those lines when she revealed she fancies girls. We'll see if she can trick women like Elisha into taking hush-wedge/money. But her own hubris drove this story. It's not too smart to shag a bint and only later, after you get some new people, ask her to sign an NDA. It's possible she'll schtum Elisha up, just because Elisha is concerned about her own image. It would be a pity. But no matter, there are so many women involved that some will see print. At least if the Murdoch companies don't stop it."
- I've heard about the Elisha Jade affair from people I trust. Anderson is a closet lesbian and has had quite a few affairs with black women. This is nothing new. And this story is certainly not limited to this site.
RE: Bo Derek.
Oh the stories I could tell. I'll make it short. Bo is another former Hollywood porn worker and callgirl. Her girlfriend before she hit it big was indeed Annette Haven. Annette was also a callgirl and a name in the porn industry. They were lovers through "10" if not beyond.
Bo took many other women as lovers. The stories from "Tarzan the Ape Man" about her exploits with many of the gorgeous extras were common knowledge in Hollywood when she was big.
I procured girls for her a couple of times. She had an eye for Suze Randall talent.
- [quote]Gillian's been linked with many women, and I'm not denying any of that, but whenever she and her sexuality are mentioned on DL there is a efforts by a particular individual to link her to the woman at [R139], which is a fabrication.[/quote]
How do you know it's a fabrication?
Thanks for the extra gossip but I don't see where you provide any proof of anything other than your own over-investment in denying this affair.
- Was Gertrude Lawrence the actress a dyke
- Oprah and Gayle
Whitney Houston and Robin her former manager.
Anais Nin and June Miller, Henry Miller's wife.
- Suzanne Somers and apparently any woman she could get her hands on according to the thread about bi/gay celebrities.
- Virginia Woolf and some woman who I forget the name of.
Vita Sackville-West who was bisexual and married to the bisexual man Nigel Nicolson and Violet Trefusis see link.
Frida Kahlo and some woman.
- Here's the link I mentioned in the previous post.
- Mylie Cyrus and a lot of bi/lesbian female prostitutes.
- [quote]There was a thread a year or so ago, when Anderson was reappearing on UK tv and it was clear the Sun was desperately trying to break some kind of "lesbian scandal" story on her. They seemed to have be trying to throw out names and rumours and fabrications and seeing if anyone would bite.
I think these tactics have really killed off a lot of good internet gossip over the years. No matter what people say, PR and journalists of course find these threads and must spend considerable amounts of time lurking on the internet (which is let's face it, the prime source of anything celebrity-related now, not the TV or radio) and threads must be infiltrated by shills and raving fangurls, the genuinely curious (me) and those with a truthful or good second-hand story to tell.
The dilemma is sorting the wheat from the chaff these days.
I can see Gillian as an all-out gay woman (imo it could be fear of past wild nights and relationships coming back to haunt that keeps her in?) - still there are those that fully believe she is in a genuine loving relationship with David Duchovny, they live together secretly and her kids go to school in New York so she can be near him. And that this is all covered up, much like a Robsten scenario for the 'faithful'. And that they are always a step away from going public with their love...
So, very contrasting stories though if you believe Anderson is bi, as she basically admits to in a roundabout way, then either or both scenarios could be valid.
Or people are just making up tons of crap for attention.
- - r175
So you're the crazy poster pissed off about gossip in the thread you linked to, right? Your conspiracy posts read the same as your stuff in this thread. Why is a person that hates gossip on datalounge of all places? Are you that obsessed with Gillian Anderson?
This site was up on Gillin A being a carpet licker when TXF was still a big ratings grabber, a dozen or so years before she admitted anything. Datalounge posters have been bringing dirt on her when she was big in America and every straight person thought she into men. So don't come here and act as if gossip on here is automatically illegitimate, R174.
- That should be:
"This site was up on Gillin A being a carpet licker when TXF was still a big ratings grabber, a dozen or so years before she admitted anything. Datalounge posters have brought dirt on her since she was big in America and every straight person thought she into men. So don't act as if gossip posted on here is automatically illegitimate, [R174]."
[quote]I think these tactics have really killed off a lot of good internet gossip over the years. No matter what people say, PR and journalists of course find these threads and must spend considerable amounts of time lurking on the internet (which is let's face it, the prime source of anything celebrity-related now, not the TV or radio) and threads must be infiltrated by shills and raving fangurls, the genuinely curious (me) and those with a truthful or good second-hand story to tell.
R184, the person you quoted is one of those "shills and raving fangurls". The "tactics" are being employed by this person to kill gossip on Anderson's pussy love. She/he/it has been on the Elisha Jade case for many months, trying to quiet down gossip on Anderson's lesbian sexcapades with Elisha. I've seen the same tactics with other closet case celebrities.
Remembering some of the gossip on the two, it's pretty strange if this is all fabricated how months in advance there were stories leaking of Elisha Jade about to accept payment in exchange for not talking to the press, and within that timeframe Ms. Jade disappeared as either a print model or internet personality. Some of our insiders predicted this and now it's come true. Pretty interesting, no? It looks like some industry people were privy to legal negotiations between the Anderson's camp and Elisha's and posted it here.
Datalounge has been infiltrated by more and more Hollywood cleaners since at least the Jonas Incident. They're doing major damage control on this site off of Google Alerts and General Search.
- There are many people-most people maybe- who don't understand how Hollywood works.
I find the gossip on Anderson and her black girlfriend exceedingly believable. But I also worked at Fox Corporate and one of my best friends dated Gillian Anderson. My friend was a black woman and she looked strikingly similar to the woman @ r139. Same face and body type.
I met Anderson a couple of times. I think like so many actors she's really screwed up. Bi-polar maybe.
She treated my friend really well though. Better than any of the men she dated at least.
- Drew Barrymore and Heather Graham were an item for a second.
- Suzanne Sommers and Fran Drescher
Crystal Bernard and Morgan Fairchild
Jodie foster and Lindsay Lohan
Stevie Nicks and 5,000 female groupies
Gwen Stefani and 10,000 female groupies
- I want more GOSSIP, bitches!!!
- Sally Hershberger and Judy Davis
- Megan Fox and Gillian Anderson had a brief affair on the set of "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People". Megan was a big fan of Gillian's tits...and talked about them on set.
Julie Andrews fucks a lot of young understudies. Or used to.
- Was lena and ava long term?
- Sandra Bernhardt and Patricia Velasquez.
Candice Bergen had an affair with Abbie Hoffman. She(Abbie) was a he though!
Liz Smith and Julia Roberts.
many lesbians are what I call "kook collectors," meaning they form close friendships with very weird and weird-looking men.
- How did Lizard Smith get all these women?
- Sorry, "Liz" Smith.
- Martina N and Gabriela Sabatini
- r189 Foster and Lohan.....?!....what...
- Follow the trail of Mercedes de Acosta and discover what appears to half of the actresses from the Golden Age.
- Helen Keller and Annie Sullivan; they're even buried together at Washington's National Cathedral.
Stevie Nicks and her 80s songwriting partner Sandy Stewart, who came from nowhere to suddenly become Stevie's "protege".
- What, R198?! Martina fucked Sabatini!? Give me a second!*thud*
- One that was fairly well-known but is now forgotten -
Suzanne Somers+Carol Burnett
They were a pretty hot thing in the late 1970s. Michael Musto brought this one up years ago in an obvious Blind. Obvious for those of us around LA back then anyway.
- Bebe Neuwirth & Whoopi Goldberg
Viviene Leigh & Hattie McDaniel
Marilyn Monroe & Barbara Stanwyck
- did a search r203 and found this pic of Suzanne and Carol. Suzanne looks like she's on the verge of orgasm as Carol shares an intimate moment. This doesn't look like a casual "hi" at an awards event.
- Sommers is soaking her panties in that pic, probably from prior knowledge of Burnett's talents. No two men would ever get away with being so forward with each other. Imagine Gere and Travlta in a pic like that. Immediate Enquirer Cover.
- Barbara Stanwyck and Marilyn Monroe. During the film Clash by Night in 1952.
- The link at R205 doesn't work for me.
- Photo shows up on mobile but I had trouble with it on my PC. I tracked down the shot on another site. Click away.
- I had never heard about Carol and Suzanne. I had heard rumors about her and Loni and Julie. Who else is she rumored to have been with?
Have heard rumors about Farrah Fawcett but never the names of the other women. Does anyone know which women she is rumored to have been with?
- Sue Bird (WNBA) and Kate Paye (now asst. Stanford women's bball coach)
Tara VanDerVeer and Amy Tucker....oh wait, they are together but hiding it.
- Thanks for re-posting, R209.
Sabatini-Graf, Graf-Stubbs, Sabatini-G.Fernandez-C.Martinez (triangle), Navratilova-G. Fernandez
Farrah didn't go for women in the entertainment business--she was flirtatious with cute, sweet, unassuming sales clerks, waitresses, you know, working class women.
Farrah was a really great person. Her death was overshadowed by Michael Jackson's death a bit.
RIP beautiful Farrah.
- Billie Holiday and Delores DelRio
- One for UK readers
Pam St.Clement (Eastenders' Pat Butcher) and BBC newsreader Moira Anderson
- That would be Moira Stewart, R217.
- Jacqueline Bisset and Candice Bergen
- Stewart, oops. Moira Stuart.
- This flu..Stuart, not Stewart
- r11, and you know this how?
- r60, just because they all turned you down doesn't mean they aren't.
- I'm beginning to believe that most of the world is gay. The homophobes are going to be in for a rude awakening.
- Peggy Lipton talked about having relationships with women in her book. Her longest relationship with a woman happened around the time Twin Peaks was filming
- Oh,my gosh...my secret's out... how is this possible?
- r151, Often times the husbands were also gay. They thought this was great way to cover their tracks. Obviously they were mistaken
- You're deluded, R224. A handful of the same names gossiped about over and over again on this board does not constitute "most of the world." Do you ever look around you?
- Alice Ghostly was best buds with notorious lesbian comedian, Kaye Ballard.
- We need more photos like R205/R209. I was highly skeptical of that pairing, but that photo is pretty convincing that Suzanne is very turned on.
Other people alleging pairings, do you have any photos to share?
- r228, lndeed I have...not just talkin about movie stars
- Melanie Griffith and Tatum O'Neal. This took place from the time O'Neal was twelve years old. Mel wasn't kidding when she said she had a bod for sin.
Also, Ashley Judd and Sherry Lansing.
- Maria Schneider and Melanie Griffith. Makes me wonder about the Angelina Jolie quote ("Forget him [Antonio], I want to sleep with her [Melanie]!").
- Anne Kirkbride and Eileen Derbyshire were at it like rabbits on the set of a Coronation Street. Rumour has it that Dawn Acton walked in on Anne using a half peeled banana on Eileen and went into immediate kidney failure.
- Maria Sharapova and Camilla Belle
- Rumored Romances I haven't seen on here -
Beverly D'Angelo and Lauren Hutton
Lauren Hutton and Julie Christie
Donna Mills and Mary Frann
- I would love to have a fling with Lauren Hutton!!!
- Beverly D'Angelo and Lauren Hutton was not a rumor, it was real. The one with Julie Christie was a rumor.
- Definetly Whitney and Robyn. Early years for sure and it wasnt just record convention gossip. People that knew them always respond "Why does it matter?" I know folks that were friends with them then and remain so now with Robyn.
Never is it absolute, firm denial like "NO they were not" but always a two step that will not damn. Even Cissy gives it a "I didnt know what went on."
None of them are willing to lie on the issue.
What is incredibly sad is that these people would rather see Whitney suffering and struggling as a cocaine addict than have her be free to live her life as she needed to.
The biggest deniers are usually young silly fan girls and old bitter men.
- Saint Hildegard of Bingen was a brilliant medieval German mystic, poet, artist, composer, healer and scientist who wrote with passion about the Virgin Mary. Some say she was a lesbian because of her strong emotional attachment to women, especially her personal assistant Richardis von Stade. Her feast day is Sept. 17.
- If you are interested in her music, listen to this
- Can we use this as a continuation of the "Lesbians we haven't talked about in while" thread, or does someone want to start a new one?
- Dusty Springfield and Martha Reeves
- Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh.
- Ellen Page and Evan Rachel Wood? Currently?
- Jacqueline Susann and Hildegarde
- Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton.
Taylor Swift and Dianna Agron
Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss (heck TS with all her BFFs)
Cindy Crawford and Cristy Turlington
Serena Williams and Kelly Rowland
Maria Sharapova and Camilla Belle
- Margaret Mead/Ruth Benedict (according to Mead's daughter)
- Joan Crawford and Rock Hudson. A one night stand. Allegedly he took her on a studio-arranged publicity date, went home and took a shower. He felt a mouth on his dick and looked down to see Joan on her knees naked.
"Close your eyes and pretend I'm George Nader" she ordered. Not wanting to make an enemy of an A-lister, he complied.
- Bridgette Bardot and Marilyn Monroe, just sex once supposedly.
- Olivia Newton-John and Helen Reddy
Olivia Newton-John and Juice Newton
Olivia Newton-John and Sheena Easton
The only singer she didn't munch out was Karen Carpenter.
- Salma Hayek and Penelope Cruz.
Isn't it funny that even from an image, a movie, a voice- that gaydar goes off!
Back in the day when the t.v show Family Ties was on (Meredith Baxter, Michael Fox) my gaydar used to get blips whenever I saw Meredith Baxter.
I took it for wishful thinking. Lo, she comes out many years later. Hah! It's a beautiful thing.
Trust your instincts brothers and sisters!
BTW, my gaydar goes off the charts whenever I see Judy Garland, even though she was reported to be a notorious cock hound...
- Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham
- Rosie O'Donnell and Gloria Estefan. Gloria and her husband have been rumored to have a lavender marriage.
- Britney/Paris Hilton
Paris Hilton/Lindsay Lohan
Not romances...more like drug and psychosis-fueled fucking/mutual obsession.
- Yes R254, especially in Summer Stock - and the other actress at the beginning IS a lesbian, I heard (here, probably).
Judy Garland was my first lesbian crush (maybe followed by Kelly McGillis in Witness), and my guess is the apple never falls far from the tree.
Anyway. Read in a Judy Garland biography years ago that she was indeed bisexual, enjoyed the women and tended to be very promiscuous at parties.
Sounds like my kind of gal.
- Oh yes, Gloria Estefan. Doesn't have very good taste apparently, but hot woman nonetheless.
- Watch it, R258, the guys here go insane when anyone brings up Judy's bisexuality. And let's not go near Liza's...they want "proof."
- Well, there's only women on this thread, I'm willing to bet.
God I would have followed young Judy anywhere (until the mid-1950s thereabouts). And I'm pretty sure she was fantastical in bed.
- Debbie Reynolds and Agnes Moorhead
But this isn't fun. It would be so much more fun to just start one out of the blue and see if it catches on. I'll start:
Pat Nixon and Leontyne Price
- R261, maybe if Judy was awake when the sex occurred. She was sauced most of the time.
sauced: to be so drunk all you can think about is how drunk you are
- Thank you for the vocabulary lesson, R263. Not that it wasn't needed...
Too bad she was sauced as you put it. Oh, well. I still found her very attractive.
In any case, actresses tend to be a lot to handle. Cannot bear to imagine what a triple threat might be.
- [quote]Stevie Nicks and 5,000 female groupies
Gwen Stefani and 10,000 female groupies
Marianne Faithful and 20,000 female groupies.
- Stevie Nicks and Sharon Celani
- r258 to which garland bio do you refer? I'd like to read it.
I'm fairly sure Judy and Capucine hit the sheets, more than once.
Capucine and Garbo
Capucine and Ava Gardner
- Judy liked getting more than giving and was well known for deep throating dudes. There are a few bios that discuss Garland's sexcapades; one bio claimed Betti Page (or Patti- whotf knows) would pleasure her before she began a concert because it "calmed her".
On the other hand, she used to like to cry a bit for a dude (photographer, actor) and then they'd comfort her and she'd unzip their fly. worked like a charm for her!
She had that rubbery lipped fellatio smile for a good reason.
- R268, please read the title of this thread. It's called, Rumored lesbian romances in history.
- To be honest, I just don't remember... I read this a while ago, from the library, and I've moved countless times since then.
- A present for my friends at Datalounge. This is very OT, but I didn't know where to post it.
- “Bridgette Bardot and Marilyn Monroe, just sex once supposedly.”
The usual story is that Bardot wrote that in her memoirs. Which would mean that it is not a rumor but a fact.
BUT, I read those memoirs and this piece is not there. She even claims that lesbian sex is not her thing. She tried it once when she was a teener. And she met Monroe only once, in Buckingham Palace of all places, so I doubt they had sex.
- I am linking to a picture of Capucine because she was just so fucking beautiful! Lord!
Capucine could very well have been BI because she had ladyfriends but she also had a somewhat long term affair with William Holden.
- Capucine was bi by her own admission, there's no doubt about it.
- Sue Simmons and Jessica Savitch.
- I knew Capucine. She was not bi.
- LOL, R276. I'm sure you asked her.
-  Link to her admission please.
- r276, tell us your Capucine stories!
- Annette Haven and Bo Derek
Bo Derek and a bunch of "native women" extras off Tarzan (allegedly they had sex while filming in some cases)
Kim Kardashian and Jane Fonda
Kim Kardashian and Britney Spears
- One rumour that I got reminded of the other day for some reason was Cat Deeley / Edith Bowman.
- If John Derek was gay as everyone's saying, it would explain Bo Dereks's bisexuality.
- Both Fonda and Spears are still obsessed with Kardashian sexually... Fonda likes to grab Kardashian's ass every chance she gets -
“She’s Always Grabbing My Butt”: Kim Kardashian Reveals How Jane Fonda Always Grabs Her Biggest Assets
A lot went down inside the annual ‘Night Before’ Oscars gala. Luckily enough, Piers Morgan recently blogged about his celebrity run-ins and the gossip we haven’t heard.
“I found Kim Kardashian standing by a pillar. She’s absolutely tiny at 5ft 2in, but famously well-proportioned in all the key areas, and exudes both good health and the most amazing skin,” Morgan revealed in the Daily Mail.
“I’ve always liked the little tinker, because she never pretends to be anything she’s not. ‘I don’t have any real talent other than for hard work,’ she once told me.”
While the British journalist and the reality star were talking, Jane Fonda just happened to glide by.
“‘I love her,’ sighed Kim. ‘Such a strong woman. And she’s always grabbing my butt or my boobs!'” the 33-year-old told Morgan.
When Morgan questioned the words that just came out of her mouth, Kim replied, “Yes, she loves them!"
- Marisa Berenson and Anne Prentiss
- Edith Bowman I find attractive, for some reason.