All Threads by Date
Limbaugh freaks: Melissa Harris-Perry a ‘foreign’ Marxist who wants to steal children (Audio)
Between Melitha and Limpballs, Limpballs sill comes out the bigger idiot:
The conservative pundit class is outraged over MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry’s recent ad spot about public education, and Rush Limbaugh, not wanting to be left behind by the likes of Glenn Beck, took his best swing at the university professor on Monday, describing her with the words “foreign,” “Marxist” and “communist,” and suggesting she wants to steal children away from conservative families.
“This is Marx, Mengele, communist manifesto, the nuclear family has always been under attack by communists, leftists,” he said. “The nuclear family, just like religion, must be destroyed, and in its place the community, the collective. So while this is outrageous in its self-contained form, it isn’t anything new.”
He added that conservative apathy has left America in such a state where “all of these things that we thought were never gonna happen, are now happening.” And that, he said, is why “there is no reason for Melissa Harris-Perry to be worried about any negative fallout or feedback on this, because as far as she’s concerned everybody thinks this now.”
Harris-Perry, for the record, says in her recent MSNBC ad that the “private notion of children” as exclusively belonging to their parents has led to under-investment in public education. “Once it’s everybody’s responsibility and not just the household’s, then we start making better investments,” she concludes.
Rush, seemingly apoplectic, fired back: “We’re going bankrupt on education! We’re getting nothing for it! …We never invested as much in public education as we should have? We’re throwing money down a rathole drain on public education! We lead the world in public education spending.”
Limbaugh added that the idea of “the state claiming ownership of your kids” is “so foreign” that most Americans “never, ever took it seriously.”
“And yet these people keep plugging away,” he scowled.
While he’s right that the U.S. spends more on public education than any country, those dollars do not appear to be as effective as spending in Canada, South Korea and France, where students produce much higher test scores in math and science. He’s also woefully wrong that the U.S. is “going bankrupt” over education spending, which amounts to $69.8 billion in the president’s 2013 budget — about two percent of the overall budget, according to the Office on Management and Budget.
By contrast, the Department of Defense proposed a 2013 budget of $525.4 billion, second only in the budget to mandatory spending on social safety net programs like Medicare and Social Security.
This audio is from “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” aired Monday, April 8, 2013.
- So education is now Marxist?
He's a very good showman, I'll give him that. He knows what buttons to push with his audience and got rich doing it. He doesn't actually believe a word he says. He is an entertainer, nothing more.
- Any comment from his children?
- Communist? Marxist? What, is it 1979 again?
- [quote]What, is it 1979 again?
- Um....have you seen the video? Its a very odd ad for MSNBC to make. Even my ears perked up when I heard it. There is a hint of communism in what she is describing.
- So, what if it is communism? What has crony capitalism done for us lately?
- r5 put your pipe down and stop with the outrage. You know exactly what she's saying.
It's a rip-off of Hillary's "it takes a village." This is such a non-issue that only the GOP are able to turn into a "controversy."
- "This is Marx, Mengele, communist manifesto, the nuclear family has always been under attack by communists, leftists"
Ah, yes - Josef Mengele, that well-known left-wing communist apologist...
- Chris Hayes' show just showed a chart.
Her promo ran a total of 4 minutes combined on MSNBC.
It was discussed for more than 62 minutes combined on various Fox Network shows.
- These people really are stuck in the past. Communism? Marx? Who in the last 20 years has even worried about this shit?
- [quote]These people really are stuck in the past. Communism? Marx? Who in the last 20 years has even worried about this shit?
Uh, most of America. Are you new to the country?
- Fox News plays to its base...old republican fucks
- [quote]There is a hint of communism in what she is describing.
No. There's a hint of communitarianism.
[quote] Communism? Marx? Who in the last 20 years has even worried about this shit?
While it's true that nobody's worried about the Soviet Union or Eastern Bloc any longer, as they no longer exist, the right wing in this country is still terrified of the perceived socialist threat to their bourgeois Christian values. Only now, their enemy is in the form of the current US president.
- Socialism is still a dirty word in America, and Communism = Nazism to it.
- R11 I guess most of the American you know are really really really old. And scared. And stuck in the past. Being afraid of communism is like being afraid of sea monsters.
- r15 = Pollyanna.
- R11 = Chicken Little.
- r17, you're not helping yourself.
- Actually, r17 is making sense.
- The repeat offender at R4, R11, R14, R16, and R18 is trying so desperately to be clever, but is, sadly, just pathetic.
- Pfffttt Like I give a fuck what a bunch of chicken shit, bed wetting pussies think. How does it work for you guys? On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays you're scared of communists taking over. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday its "creeping Sharia". And Sunday of course is the day you're scared about going to Hell.
- How's Rush's nuclear family doing?
Is he on wife 3 or 4?
And the 0 kids?
- I thought it was common knowledge that Melissa Harris-Perry was marxist/communist.