- Yeah, I always look forward to the comments here.
- Arrogance, but not conceit as men the hockey players are complete; my creme de la creme, please take me home!
- Loved the goats.
Won't miss the Asians with the egos.
- Yeah, those girl's Hubris just came crashing down.
- Goodbye, Winnie and Poo.
The speed trap detour was ingenious. The blonds thought for sure their golden woman status on the dark continent would get them off the hook.
Poor Wynona was a huge sweat stain after the canoe challenge.
- No Amazing Race next week for a fill in the blank country music awards show. Pass the sick bag.
- I was really angry at Joey and Megan for getting lost. I was thinking about not watching the rest of the season if they were eliminated. Luckily, Pam and Winnie messed up and were eliminated. Joey and Megan are only 1 minute ahead of the last team when they start the next leg. So there is no room for error.
- I thought it was just me that couldn't get into the AR22 thread.
Those hockey players all sorts of hot.
- At least the hockey players are balding, so they're not perfect.
- My goodness, Master Bates and his bro, Anthony, are certainly warming up the Race with their show of muscles and Master Bates showed a really full, healthy basket as he got ready to go over the side of the boat to get on his skies. He needs to get that hair cut though.
Apparently Winnie and Pooh missed the big bird the second time too. The gave up on the donkey pull way too easily. Very disappointing.
I give Max a lot of credit for not blowing the fuck up after backing into that pole in front of the police station. I would have killed myself and her right then and there.
- I thought it was funny that the mean couple said if they couldn't beat Joey & Megan in a strength competition they might as well quit....and then promptly got their asses beat by Joey and Megan.
- Is the blond hockey player missing his two front teeth? I sear that's what I saw.
- He's missing one tooth and has a replacement but takes it out when he's on the water. He's afraid of losing it.
- Why did the blonde girls pay the ticket? Were the Botswana police going to chase them all over the world?
- My thoughts:
The goats stole the show tonight. Would not have guessed Winnie and Pooh would go home tonight, but I'm not sorry to see them go. I thought the same thing as r14, but I would guess the race might have a rule about paying all fines before checking or something of that sort. I forgot the blondes were still on the show until tonight. Someone needs to put Wynonna out of her misery. Glad Joey and Meghan are still in, they're the only team with any personality this year.
- Can't believe the dykes finished second. If the hockey players don't fuck up they could walk to the million dollars.
- Lol, is that Joey guy still in the closet???
- In one of the earlier seasons, I recall Phil mentioning that Racers had to pay any fines which they incurred. I think it was when a team got to the Pit Stop and they had to wait out their time due to a penalty
- No comments on the country singers praising The Lord?
- Um, barf, typical country crap, barf some more?
- Sorry to see the Winnie and Pam go -- they seem like sweet girls, and they had a really positive attitude about everything.
- Anyone else surprised the blondes didn't pull out their breasts as a way to get out of the ticket?
- No comment on the cute brunette hockeyplayer lounging in the boat in his boxerbriefs after winning the express pass?
- It made me wonder what messageboards he reads since he seemed so self aware of the beefcake factor in his fast forward challenge. That "I'm God's gift" schtick is a real turn off to we dataloungers.
- R23, see R10
- ^ oops. Mea culpa. I saw "basket" and thought he was talking about that boxerbrief scene.
- Chuck's remark about wanting to go back to Africa to do some big game hunting reminded me of an old Ellen DeGeneres routine.
She talks about going out for a walk in the woods and suddenly coming upon a deer and her little "Bambi" standing on a little hill in front of her. She found the scene so beautiful and serene that she was in awe of nature and its beauty.
Then her mind went somewhere else and she said: "I kept thinking to myself...if I only had a gun, I could get them both with one shot."
(Or something like that. It's been a long time since I saw it.)
- [quote]That "I'm God's gift" schtick is a real turn off to we
- I liked when the hockey players were acting all cocky and the darker one said, "at least we got to take our shirts off". I'm in total agreement!
He was also super self conscious getting out of the water. Fixing his thinning hair. I thought it was kind of cute. Just cut it dude.
- Joey gets the gayest edit I think I've ever seen. No one can actually think he's straight...can they?
- I can't believe that hick with the mullet said he wanted to come back to Africa "to hunt lions". How fucked up are southerners????
- Or how his whiney Judd wife said Africa has smell like "gunk"!
- Joey is a living breathing Jack McFarland. Ew.
- Joey is annoying (not the kind of guy I want to be with or hang out), but he has the guts to go out there and do what we in our living rooms can only wish we could do.
Thought it was unnacceptable for German bitch with the PhD to say it would be humiliating if Joey and his friend beat her and her hapless whipping boy, implying the shame would be that they were bested by a fairy and his fag hag.
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ & ‘Red Widow’ Hit Lows, ‘Revenge’ Down; CBS Wins Night
- I can't deny it: I was wondering myself if the San men smelled bad in the enclosed car.
- There's no way that Max is straight.
- The San men?
- [quote]The San men?
The San are the people who were once called "Bushmen."
- Weird continuity when the hockey players arrived at the pit stop. The one with the missing teeth had his teeth, then they were missing, then they were back again. Apparently they did a re-edit and continuity wasn't paying attention.
The country girls and their Jesus love knocked them down a couple pegs in my opinion yesterday. And roller derby mom's friend was a bit of a bitch.
- I don't mind the country girls. There are Jesus freaks I can't deal with and others I can tolerate. They don't seem so bad.
I think Max is gay. (Yes, I know he's married.) but that wife could comvince anyone to change teams.
- It seems that what Wynonna really said was that the place smelled like a "big ball of dung." Considering that they were surrounded by horses and goats and donkeys, it was probably pretty accurate.
I forgot about the Battaglia hockey bros being a little worried that the crocs might have a taste for "Italian sausages." Mmmmmm, yummy.
- While on the subject of Christians, Max's mate wears a cross on her necklace. I wonder if Max is Jewish?
We haven't had openly Jewish contestants since the Frat boy finalists several seasons back. Though a subsequent winning team with the gay brother may have been Jewish.
I was happy that the roller derby moms complimented the beautiful greeter with Phil. I thought she was stunning.
- Max has said he is of Italian heritage and his wife is German. A cold German is how he described her.
- How could they afford to pay the ticket? They used to make a big deal about how they only had so much money for each leg of the race. Didn't people in previous seasons actually have to beg strangers on the street for cash when they came up short?
- Oh my. I knew the Asian gals were goners within the first five minutes of the show when they commented on how smart they are.
Which one of the two country gals is John Wayne's grand daughter? I get them confused.
Poor little Max was having a breakdown - I thought they were on their way home last night!
Go hockey players! For the Win! Crocodiles are not the only beasts who like Italian sausage!
- I've yet to see any signs of intelligence out of "Big Brain." A phD does not imply intelligence.
- You can't go wrong with goats AND donkeys.
- I agree that the older hockeybro would look 100% better with a decent haircut (not that he looks bad as is.) The blonde one looks like a gay porn star (at least when he has his teeth in. No offense, Trey Turner.)
- [quote]Oh my. I knew the Asian gals were goners within the first five minutes of the show when they commented on how smart they are
I knew it too - it's a TAR pattern and pretty mean editing done by the show! I guess they love to mock the arrogant teams when they get too big for their britches.
- Sooo glad to see that couple go. Good riddance to bad rubbish. The cheese challenge wipeouts made me wish Winnie and Poo were still competing.
- R51, where are you watching? It's not airing in the US due to some awards show.
- It's not on tonight, but will be back next Sunday.
- It's another of those bimonthly Country music awards shows. They're all crap.
- It will be interesting to see what the rating were for last night, considering that Apprentice wasn't airing against the usual Sunday night schedule on ABC and CBS.
- Think I read on the CA thread that Trump's ratings went down 7%, giving it a season low.
- TV ratings: ACM Awards rise and give CBS a big Sunday win
- [quote]I knew it too - it's a TAR pattern and pretty mean editing done by the show!
It is what I call the "auf" edit. Usually very obvious.
- I also guessed Pam and Winnie would be eliminated when I heard their talk of being so smart. Of the last three teams I was somewhat rooting for Joey and Meghan to be eliminated- I like them but think they have less to offer to the race than Pam/Winnie or Max and Katie. I appreciated that Pam and Winnie were more grateful for the experience of being on the race than upset about their elimination.
Based on editing I am picking Max and Katie or Mona and Beth- the roller derby women- as the winners. I give a slight edge to Max/Katie, though. As for Mona/Beth, they are not "dykes"; they are friends who are both married with children.
- I can't wait until they hit London town. I want Max to perform a rentboy-in-Soho challenge.
- this is not the reaction of a straight boy, just sayin'
- If Shane Dawson kissed me, I think I'd throw up. Joey could do better.
- The funny thing is, R62, that Shane Dawson claims to be straight too. Maybe he is, but if that's so, then he's the gayest straight person I've ever seen.
- There is no need to get too excited about tonight's episode. Thanks to r51, I already have a good idea of who gets eliminated!
On another note, since the race has left the southern hemisphere, there will be no more opportunities for anyone to show skin!
- Gisele, put the dinner back in the oven. Show going to be late again tonight (sigh).
- Kisses R65.
Dinner is long since digesting.
- Finally starting.
- Does production send the contestants gear ahead to the pit stops? They are wearing winter gear. No way that they can get all that in their backpacks.
- Max is so going to end up as the trophy bf of a Hollywood executive someday. And I don't mean a lady executive.
- Chuck deserves to be kicked in the balls.
- I don't feel strongly for any of the teams left.
- Who is the cute gay guy?
- I'm sick of WHINE-nona and her walmarter.
- Me too R72. Strange but this season that's how I feel.. I do think the Hockey Bros. are the team to beat.
- Wonder if the Walmarters separated after the show?
- Joey and Meghan are just useless!!!!
- Joey may be gayer that the front row at Judy Garland's 1961 Carnegie Hall concert, but he is a handsome boy. Beautiful eyes.
- I sure hope Chuck & Wynonna split up after this. That was ugly.
- If Chuck only had one of his guns, he could have shot that St Bernard and took the head home as a trophy.
Joey sounded just like Nathan Lane in "The Birdcage" as he slid down that hill with the cheese.
Beautiful scenery. I am glad dome of them took the time to notice it.
- Close call for Joey and Meghan. I was really annoyed that they kept losing the lead throughout the entire episode. They are behind the 4th place team by 20-40 minutes. I'm really pessimistic about their chances next leg.
- R73 which one?
- I'm really rooting for Joey and Meghan, but they are so stupid sometimes. I still think Joey and Meghan, Bates and Anthony, and Max and Katie will be the final three though. They get a lot more screen time than the blondes, and the hockey moms get almost nothing.
I wonder if the last non-elimination leg will be next week or when they're down to four teams.
- The hockey moms get no screen time at all; perhaps that is because there are no hockey moms on this race.
I do like the roller derby moms, and I think they are racing well. The country singers are growing on me, which I never thought would happen.
- This is just a guess but I think that Megan and Joey won the race. Since they appeared on the Amazing Race I started watching their YouTube channel as they have recap shows which go into detail of what you didn't see on each episode of the Amazing Race. So hearing about the behind the scenes stuff has been kind of interesting. The reason I think that they won is that nearly every day they make a video they are either going shopping or eating out at some restaurant. That takes mega bucks especially in LA. Either that or being a Youtuber pays really well. So I am guessing that they are spending their million dollars living large in the city of Angles. Could be wrong though.
- West European legs = yawn
Boring, way too easy, and no memorable interaction with the locals
- Loved the dogs and the cheese!
- R85 i have a weird feeling they won too, but being a youtuber does pay really well since a lot of youtubers post vlogs where it seems like they go out to eat for every meal.
- If Joey and Meghan win it will be a bigger miracle than Josh and Brent's win last season. Youtube does pay well for the vloggers who regularly get 100k+ views per video.
- I'm really liking the hockey brothers. I originally thought they were going to be macho asshole jocks but they actually turned out to be funny and cool people.
- The big one seemed conceited about his physique in Africa though.
- Chuck and Wynona were overdue to leave. They were a bad team who lucked out three times. In New Zealand they were saved by the double leg; John's stupidity about the express pass saved them in Indonesia, and in Vietnam they lucked out when Dave and Connor had to withdraw. It may seem that Joey and Meghan lucked out, but I think that if Chuck/Wynona had done the task correctly Phil would have had to go them for the elimination! Wynona should be embarrassed at how useless she was.
Bates and Anthony had an unfair advantage to win this leg. The cheese transporting task favored strength, and Bates/Anthony are two tall, strapping guys in great shape so they were by far the strongest team.
- [quote]Beautiful scenery. I am glad dome of them took the time to notice it.
The producers *totally* lucked out: the Swiss Alps have been largely barren of snow in a number of recent years (in December, at least, when this season was filmed).
[quote]The cheese transporting task favored strength, and Bates/Anthony are two tall, strapping guys in great shape so they were by far the strongest team.
True, but did you miss that Team Mullet (big guy, chunky wife) was beaten by two all-skinny-female teams? (and Joey/Meghan, the de facto equivalent of two skinny girls) Also, this year's challenge was easier than the previous ones; in past years teams had to keep the wheels on the cart at all times. This year they let it slide as long as you remained within the wheels' general vicinity, probably a practicality given the impossibility of keeping the cheese from sliding down a snowy slope (the previous challenges were on dirt).
- R93, Wynona is "big" but she is not strong or athletic- just pudgy and very out of shape. Also, Chuck and Wynona never worked very well together in any leg except the first Botswana leg where they came in second. The other teams are all better at doing things in unison. It is mean of you, by the way, to equate Joey to a skinny girl!
In my post at r59, I predicted Max and Katie as the winners, and i still believe that after the last episode. My choice for the second most likely team to win is Joey and Meghan. I've ruled out Mona and Beth. Bates and Anthony, as well as they are doing now, are going to fall short of the win.
- It's silly to equate Joey with skinny girls, but give Max a pass. Joey's proven himself to be much more athletic than Max ever has. You can be a queen and still be strong.
- Walmart became a total jerk. I can't remember a team member outright blaming their teammate for losing. What an asshole.
- [quote] can't remember a team member outright blaming their teammate for losing.
Well there was Johnathon and Victoria the psycho couple from a couple of years ago. I seem to recall that Johnathon laid into Victoria on the mat with Phil watching disgusted almost to the point of intervening. Admittedly we learned later that Johnathon was either bi-polar or had some sort of mental issues. He appeared on Dr. Phil after the race and was properly cussed out for his behavior. But I was not sad to see team Walmart sent packing.
- Bump for tonight's epi.
- On time tonight Gisele!
Popeye's spicy chicken on the menu here.
- I enjoy seeing Christmas decorations in the places they visit-they usually shoot the winter/spring right after Thanksgiving until the second week of December, right?
- Yes R100
- R99 - good evening to you my love.
Not looking forward to the bungee free fall. Gisele is afraid of heights. The tallest thing I climb is Tommie.
- Reagan and Limbaugh get me hard!
Oh, and Bomer.
- Yuck, Max is a Reagan Republican dittohead.
- OH GOD, MAX.
I guess Shepherd Smith will have a new fuck buddy at Fox News sometime soon.
Yes, Dresden is a quaint town. However it was bombed into oblivion by the Allies during WW II. I wonder if this will be addressed.
- Dresden bombing was the first thing I thought of when they announced the destination.
- The country singers are letting their hearts get in the way of the game... it's a game girls, not The Bachelor.
- When I hear Dresden, I think of "Map of the Human Heart".
- Damn, I wanted Mr. Republican to go splat. Nice teeth, though.
- Joey may be the gayest person ever on television.
- Max and Katie have BO.
- The museum shouldn't have accepted Katie's letter. She banged it and knocked the light out.
- So then Max insults the nerds, and now the people who go to cool underground bars in Berlin.
- Hockey boys are in trouble
- When Joey bounded into the train joint squealing "Hi, Mr. Conductor!" the close-up of the train guy was hilarious. I bet he was thinking "Tunte!" which is the German word for the F word I shall not use.
- I am thinking this could be a non-elimination week.
- "It was a quote in German, and I just don't KNOW German!"
- Redirecting from the Laura Jeanne Poon thread...
I think the winners should get 2 of the letters from the letter museum.
- First team...That was the worst experience of my life!
Second team... That was the greatest experience of my life!
- What did Max say that was Republican like? I missed the first half of the episode.
- Never fear Hockey Bro. fans, we won't let them come in last.
- Katie is a pill. Her husband is a pill
Getting ready for Nurse Jackie and Mad Men... Borgias and Masterpiece DVR'd
- Katie's thousand yard stare is hilarious in the talking heads.
- He said he was a conservative Republican who couldn't believe he screwed up and missed the Reagan clue about tearing down the Berlin wall. He said Reagan was his fav president.
- You got it R116.
- Ugh. I guess Max really is a douche.
- My reaction to the labyrinth would be the same as Joey's - would love to play in there for an hour!
Katie really does have dead eyes.
- How are there Americans who do not know who said, "Ich bin ein Berliner"? Unbelievable.
- I was born after Kennedy's death and even I knew he said "Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a doughnut)". I thought it was one of those famous quotes which everyone knew.
- just got home, who is out?
- [quote]Katie really does have dead eyes.
The critics say the same thing about me.. and I've proven they are correct!
Katharine "Kat" McPhee
- Isch bean oin Be-linah!
- [quote]The reason I think that they won is that nearly every day they make a video they are either going shopping or eating out at some restaurant. That takes mega bucks especially in LA.
The winners don't get paid until after the finale. They also sign confidentially agreements, so if they got credit based on the win, they could be disqualified.
- [quote]I was born after Kennedy's death and even I knew he said "Ich bin ein Berliner (I am a doughnut)".
Yes, but Joey was born in the *'90s*. Not that that excuses the error, but it goes to show what happens when you move to L.A. to make ditzy YouTube videos instead of going to college.
- Clearly none of these people are brain surgeons.
- Max really came across as a douche last night. Still think he's closeted too.
- Max is clearly such a pussy I'm sure he puts on all that cigar-chompin', conservative bullshit for Katie who looks like she has brass balls. He didn't even get it right - it's kind of dumb to say Reagan is your favorite president and get the question about the Berlin wall wrong.
He's got such a cute little ass - featured well in a shot when they were walking away from the camera - I'm sure the lady is for turning.
- [quote]He didn't even get it right - it's kind of dumb to say Reagan is your favorite president and get the question about the Berlin wall wrong.
It's not "kind of" dumb; it's EXTREMELY dumb.
- TV ratings: CBS leads a quiet Sunday
CBS: "The Amazing Race" (9.1 million, 5.4/9)
ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7.3 million, 4.3/7)
NBC: "The Voice" rerun (4.01 million, 2.7/4)
FOX: "The Simpsons" rerun (3.7 million, 2.1/3)/"Bob's Burgers" (3.7 million, 2.0/3)
18-49 leader: "The Amazing Race" (2.4)
CBS: "The Good Wife" (8.9 million, 5.9/9)
ABC: "Remember Sunday" movie (6.5 million, 4.2/6)
NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (4.9 million, 3.2/5)
FOX: "Family Guy" rerun (4.1 million, 2.3/4)/"American Dad" (3.9 million, 2.3/4)
18-49 leader: "Family Guy" and "American Dad" (1.8)
CBS: "The Mentalist" (8.9 million, 5.9/10)
ABC: "Remember Sunday" movie (6.4 million, 4.3/7)
NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (4.9 million, 3.3/5)
18-49 leader: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" and "The Mentalist" (1.6)
- I've said before that I think Max and Katie are the winners- and I believe that even more after this episode.
One problem: I like all five teams left but I am not passionate about any of them. There is no team that I am rooting to see eliminated, and there is no team that I would be thrilled to see win. Oh, well.
- I agree, r140. Less-than-stellar season. I've been spending most of the time rooting for couples to get kicked off. I really don't care who wins.
- Max, like most Dittoheads, actually know jackshit about Reagan.
- The YouTube guy should make a PSA: "Don't eat lead paint chips unless you want to end up like me." I think it could be very effective.
- Jey is the perfect example of how beauty comes from being completely devoid of any intelligent thought.
- Say what you will about Joey, but I appreciate that he was the only person who actually enjoyed the labyrinth experience rather than just bitching about it. There's no denying that he's not the brightest, though.
- On time tonight!!
pizza heating in the oven.
- Joey works my last nerve.
- I don't mind Joey. It's the bitchy blonde and her Repug husband I can't stand.
- Since the hockey moms already have to do the second challenge, its stupid to U turn them. I hope the hockey players U turn the Rethuglicans.
- Joey may be gayer than a dinner date with Liza Minnelli, but he seems really sweet and appears to be enjoying the Race experience.
- Max seems to take instructions from old men very well. Good for him.
Joey is truly adorable.
- Bet Joey gives good blow jobs.
- He gives me virgin vibes, actually.
- Since they both were U turned, I think the women will be able to do the barrels better.
- I agree. Joey probably does give good blowjobs but I bet he screams like a girl when he's getting fucked.
- Season finale next week I believe.
- It was funny when the two blondes were flirting with Robert Burns. I liked older men.
- Bet he does R155. Scream I mean.
- Mona and Beth couldn't find their way out of a hotel lobby.
- Awwww, poor Joey. So sweet.
- That sucks :( They were cute, fun & nice to each other.
- haggis was a metaphor for penis...Robert Burns could nae get enough of long juicy sausages.. Check his poem: "Up the bum, no harm done"
- PSA: Remember next week, that there's a troll who will spoil the ending by putting it in the thread title right after it airs so stay off DL until after you've seen the finale.
- Not to mention his poem to friend John Anderson, R162:
John Anderson, my jo, John,
We clamb the hill together;
And monie a canty day, John,
We've had wi' ane another:\t
Now we maun totter down, John,\t
But hand in hand we'll go,\t
And sleep together at the foot,\t
John Anderson, my jo.
- Joey annoyed me (was WAAAAAY too gay), but he did seem to genuinely love the experience, and always kept a positive outlook on whatever situation he was in.
I'm in the same position others have mentioned: I'm having trouble rooting for any of the remaining teams. The tanned Republicans can go, but the other three are just meh.
- If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!
- Robert Burns was showing a nice package.
- The actor was a showing a nice package which looked like it swelled upon the teasing of the blondes.
- I can't believe they made haggis at the inn but if you look at their menu, it is not on there.
- Mona & Beth have to be far behind the first two teams at the Pit Stop. When Max & Katie and Bates & Anthony arrived, it was still daylight but when the moms arrived, it looked like the middle of the night. I'm sure there will be another bunching point soon.
- I want the hockey bros to win just for Bates carrying those barrels on his shoulders. That was hot and it would have been hotter if he had been wearing a kilt. He has an ice skaters ass on him too. You could see the roundness and the hardness as he was walking away from the camera.
To quote a few posters here on DL: "Yum."
They had some fun with all the blowing and putting long hard things in the mouth at the bagpipe challenge. Personally, I was cringing every time that one mouthpiece made the rounds between Joey's partner and her instructor.
- One of the weakest seasons in terms of casting that I've ever watched. And I've seen them all.
- I wonder if the final leg is in London.
- Lame episode and lame season. Most of the tough challenges involve brute strength, like the barrel roll tonight.
Of the remaining team, I root for the roller derby moms. They're tough and remarkably athletic for their age. And I can't stand how the other three teams think they're the cool kids and gang up on the everyone else -- totally juvenile.
- [quote]When Max & Katie and Bates & Anthony arrived, it was still daylight but when the moms arrived, it looked like the middle of the night.
it starts getting dark around 3:30 in the afternoon that time of year in Scotland. Seriously. They were there right before the shortest days of the year (in the Northern Hemisphere).
Am I the only one annoyed that Bates & Anthony were the ONLY team that pronounced "Edinburgh" correctly? It's "ED-in-bur-ah," not "ED-in-berg."
Btw I finally figured out who Joey reminds me of: Kenny the page on "30 Rock"! His overly earnest, happy-go-lucky, boyish demeanor is simultaneously gay and completely nonsexual. Also, I'm sorry to see Joey and Meghan go, and will be happy for anyone but the guido-tanned Buffalo Republican asshole to win.
- Next week's show is on 2 hours so you will just have to DVR Game of Thrones. The show ends in Washington DC.
- I love Bates and Anthony. I even hope they end up with the country blonds, who I also surprisingly like. I'd absolutely hate if Max and the 'pharmacist' win. I'm rooting for either the hockey players or their puck bunnies at this point, though the hockey players probably already make big money.
- I agree that all the teams this year have been major duds. It's a shame because they traveled to some of the most beautiful locales this season.
- Max and his dead eyed wife are so fucking tacky. He with his fake tan and her with fake hair and a ton of makeup on at 2:35 in the AM. Please don't let them win!!
I wonder if Joey makes cartoon voices when he's getting fucked?
- I have a strong feeling that that Max is a closeted bottom g0y.
And let me tell ya, it's not wishful thinking cause I want the cute guy to be on our team, NO, I don't find him cute (in fact he repulses me) and NO I don't want that individual on our team.
Also, this season they really reinforced the racial and/or cultural stereotypes: black team loses because their fear of water, asian team loses because they can't see a figure, the young dumb team loses because they were dumb, etc.
- I am just waiting for this one to just end - I like the roller derby moms, but none of the other teams really seem all that likeable.
- 8 p.m.
CBS: "The Amazing Race" (9.1 million, 5.4/9)
ABC: "Once Upon a Time" (7 million, 4.1/7)
FOX: "The Simpsons" (4.5 million, 2.4/4)/"Bob's Burgers" (3.5 million, 2.0/3)
NBC: "The Voice" rerun (3.9 million, 2.6/4)
18-49 leader: "The Amazing Race" (2.3)
CBS: "The Good Wife" season finale (9 million, 5.9/9)
ABC: "Revenge" (5.9 million, 3.8/6)
NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (4.7 million, 3.1/5)
FOX: "Family Guy" (4.9 million, 2.9/4)/"American Dad" (4 million, 2.4/4)
18-49 leader: "Family Guy" (2.5)
CBS: "The Mentalist" (8.7 million, 5.6/9)
NBC: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (5.25 million, 3.5/6)
ABC: "Red Widow" (3.5 million, 2.3/4)
18-49 leader: "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" (1.6)
- I want the roller derby moms to win. But they probably won't. I don't like the other teams. Was it every explained why they didn't like Joey, Meghan and the roller derby moms? It seems like every season the gay contestants are ganged up on.
- I don't know why this season is getting such great ratings. Last season with Josh and Brent was far superior, yet it got some of the lowest ratings in TAR history. I wonder if the heavy gay angle caused flyover viewers to tune out?
- [quote]this season they really reinforced the racial and/or cultural stereotypes: black team loses because their fear of water, asian team loses because they can't see a figure, the young dumb team loses because they were dumb, etc.
The alternative is to not cast any black or Asian teams to save people from making absurd conclusions.
[quote]asian team loses because they can't see a figure,
Please expand on this... I'm not aware of this racial and/or cultural stereotype. I'm didn't know that Asians are not supposed to "see figures".
The "young dumb" team? Which one would that be? This season the young team was certainly not dumb by any means, and they finished 5th out of 11, a very good accomplishment.
- That they refer to themselves as "the sexy six" is revolting enough. I want roller derby moms but have a dreadful inklin' we're in for a max and katey victory.
- Young dumb was the blond guy and his gf who lost because they stupidly didn't their express pass.
If I have to explain the Asian stereotype, then you didn't get it.
And yes, no teams this season really stand out and/or make for great reality TV. Last season was far superior (and IMO the best of the last couple of years). The twins, the strippers, the Beekmans, the couple who got eliminated by the U-Turn, all made for great and entertaining reality TV. Plus the finale was really nail biting, and memorable. I bet this year's finale will be a dud and the strongest team (the brothers) end up winning it.
- [quote]Young dumb was the blond guy and his gf who lost because they stupidly didn't their express pass.
I had completely forgotten about them. Yeah, surely the dumbest Philimination
- R187, I don't think anyone understands your Asian "stereotype" about not being able to "seen an image."
- All the way back to WWII, a stereotype of Asians was that they couldn't see well because of their eye shape. Asians were depicted with giant glasses all over. It still creeps in at times. And you'd think they'd have gotten over all that when their zeros were cutting our planes out of the air right and left.
- Watch (at least) 9:46 to 10:56.
- Thanks for the link, r191. I was touched by Joey's account of his and Meghan's elimination. Nice guy- and very cute.Does Joey admit to being gay?
I've been predicting Max and Katie as the winners for a couple of weeks now, and I stand by that prediction. Mona and Beth- the roller derby girls- are the team viewers will want to win but who will lose to a less popular team. Bates and Anthony are the strong team who will fall short. As for the country singers, we can disregard them!
- He's a glass closet. He mostly refuses to discuss it, and the few times he has talked about dating, he uses "they" rather than she or he.
- No R192. I don't think they'll win. Things fell their way the last two weeks and I don't see that continuing.
Max & Katie come off as entitled and unlikable and that will lead to their downfall in some way.
- R184, the ratings for this season and last and the one before that are all the same. Stop with your back-handed efforts to put down Josh
- I think Bates and Anthony will win. Max and Katie have not been getting a very winner-ish edit. I'd love it if the derby moms won, though.
- Does Joey come from a wealthy family?
- No, r197. His dad is a carpenter. I'm not sure what his mom does, but she's an alcoholic who just recently went to rehab.
- His mom was a lady. But she married him anyway and she had his baby, r197.
- W&W for r199!
- Now that Joey is gone, there is no reason to watch anymore, I'm done till next season.
- To all those asking how the blond country singers are still around - basically, they haven't made mistakes. No, they aren't the strongest racers, but they never have a big screw-up in navigation or in challenges. (They even knew the Reagan, Gorbachev, JFK trivia answers.) And thats all you need to do to stick around - not come in last place.
I don't see them as a threat to win (famous last words) but I think they deserve their spot in the F4.
- A lot of people attribute this seasons inflated ratings to the presence of the internet darlings, r201. It wouldn't surprise me to see a precipitous drop in ratings for the finale.
- I still pick Max and Katie as the winners,
with Mona and Beth as my second choice.
- Which entitled bullies will win? I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement.
- Two hour finale on time tonight!
Gisele, start your oven!
- Hopefully the Derby Moms can take it. If they don't make the final leg, I may not bother watching it. I hate Max and Katie and I'm indifferent about the other two.
- I'm always surprised to hear people wont watch because of the teams. I've always tuned in to see the locations and learn more about the cultures, so I watched faithfully even during the wretched Family edition.
- R206 - the help starts the oven.
Curling up on the couch as I type.
- I think it will come down to Max and Kate and the Hockey boys.
- I always wish they'd do a reunion show like SURVIVOR
- Max - call me!
- How I wish Katie would fall or slip. Cannot stand her or GayMax
- And Jesus pulls through again.
- Thees ees not what they ordered!
- Moaner and Boner are stuuuupid.
- The roller girls don't know food. "clear consume"
- Mona and the other one must be illiterate.
- Oh, please, like Max doesn't know exactly what color chartreuse is.
- A few of them don't. Amazing. But they need to switch if that other guy thinks he can do better.
- These people don't know what oysters look like or the difference between a clear soup and a cream of barley??
- those poor actors having to listen to "Nearer to God" over and over and over while waiting for their food.
- Holy Phil bulge in those grey pants!
- I hate Max and Katie, but at least they're not boneheads. I wonder if they're going to have the comp where you have to guess what happened where, or in what order? I can't see the pucks doing well at that.
- OMG. This is making me nuts. HE TELLS THEM AND THEY STILL DO IT WRONG! And she's leaning there like she's got all year.
The roller girls do not deserve to be in the final.
- Thats it. Roller moms don't belong final.
- I know, R225, I'm hoping Nashville can overtake them, but I doubt they will. I'm sure derby moms will put it out in the end.
- And roller mom called the soup 'con-sum.'
- Nashville did well at the graffiti.
- Max will definitely enjoy the Travelocity trip to the Dominican Republic. The dudes have dicks the size of baseball bats down there.
- I really don't Max and Katie to win. Max is waaay too cocky, and I mean in the arrogant sense.
- Dear God in heaven, please do not let those self admitted Republicunts Max and Katie win.
- The Nashville girls were really sweet. Sorry to see them go.
Katie has 'dead eyes' like Katherine McPhee on SMASH
- 1100 penns ave is not the white house. It's 1600
- READ THE FUCKING CLUES YOU SKANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I really want to fuck Max but his being an "unapologetic Republican" crap makes Jesus puke.
- Why is it, while supposedly focusing on the race, does Max insist on repeating that he's a Republican voter? Is there some sort of sensitivity pass that Max wants [italic]The Amazing Race[/italic] to grant him? Like as if he feels he's a minority, and that it's necessary to inform everyone that not 100 percent of the U.S. voters are Democratic-voting? Max has a tendency to preface his declarations. He's a bit of a drama queen over it.
- He's trying to get Aaron Schock to call him, R238.
- They really thought Obama would meet them. Idiots.
- It was sweet, though, that they thought they would see him. The girls were all excited. Cute.
- Keeping fingers crossed.
- READ THE FUCKING CLUES!
- I hope the hockey boys can finish this globe challenge before Max gets there. You remember last season when the first place team got there so fast but couldn't figure out the flags of the countries and the Beemer boys won.
- this final challenge is so easy a goat farmer could ace it.
- Instead of looking for the first country, throw out any country that you've been to.
- Come on, you two currently in First Place!
- Max in a ball pit.
- Those Belfast dancing teens were so sweet. One of them was definitely very moved by the roller derby moms.
- Agree, R249!
- HAHA I'm thrilled that Max & Katie didn't win. What a bunch of A**HOLES.
Happy that Bates & Anthony won.
- Yes! Happy with the winners.
Terrific challenges this episode. Loved them!
- Two season in a row the gay boys won.
- After Joey was robbed last week, there was no reason to watch this week.
- You want to know what we are going to say?
"Read the fucking clues!"
- What do you wanna bet Cancer Dad and Cancer Boy are invited back to compete?
- Hey Josh! Glad you've joined us.
It looks like a blow out.
- EXCELLENT!!! I'm very pleased.
Suck it Max! You know you want to (suck some guy really, really bad you Republican punk-bitch).
- yeah, r258, not a lot of drama this finale. must not have been remotely close. great season overall, though...beautiful locations and good tasks.
- Did you see the hot ass in jeans helping Anthony into his zip line rig? Spectacular!
That may have been the most people in that stadium this year.
Glad Master Bates and Anthony won over unrepentant republican Max.
Poor Max wasn't happy about maybe meeting President Obama, but he "respects" the office. Yeah, right.
That Titanic stuff was fucking creepy. Not what they had to do, but just the whole thing with the music and the menus.
Phil brought the bulge/vpl for the climax. Good show, Phil.
- When the hockey bros left the final challenge, Max and his wife hadn't even shown up yet. Then with the hockey moms showed up at Mount Vernon, the sun was going down.
- Obviously r261, you're not a Washingtonian. If you are, you're just being ignorant. The Nats, who did make it to the playoffs last season are still a winning team this season and the fans are showing their love and flocking to the Nats stadium.
Geez! Just because we're queens don't mean we have to always act like one.
- Pretty unexciting final leg. Hockey bros weren't one of my favorites, but I'm satisfied with their win. As long as it's not Hitler and Mussolini winning, I'm happy.
Mona and Beth we're killing me. Those ladies just could not get it together.
- I love fit-fat Bates! Glad he and his brother won,too. This is the first season of AR that I haven't watched all the way thru because of that damn Hurricane Sandy here on the east coast. Things are just starting to get better but I've only seen the last four episodes. Hope I didn't miss a great season....
- I liked the moms, but the Titanic task soured me on them.
How's the million treating you, Josh?
- An "I don't care" ending to this season. Dull final two legs. I knew Bates and Anthony would win when in confessionals on the last episode they never mentioned wanting to win or the million dollars. I've watched "The Amazing Race" long enough to know that the team that doesn't mention those two things are the ones that win. I have a sour taste from this season because of how Joey and Meghan were treated not just by the other teams who ganged up on them but by the editors who added unflattering sound effects to their scenes. I don't think anything will match the excitement and surprise of last season.
- as much as i absolutely loathe this word, r266, the prize money was a sincere "blessing."
it gave us the freedom to concentrate on our goals. we're very thankful that we had the opportunity, and even more grateful that we won.
and from that statement you can also see that i've had a frau-change operation.
- Well the fraus are taking over anyway, Josh. Might as well join them.
And now I'll further nauseate everyone on this thread and tell you I got a book contract. I loathe the phrase "over the moon" but I am and so there.
I hope everyone has their dreams come true. Tell Brent and the goats hey from DL.
- Omg omg. I loved the last season with the two goat farm gays. Best season ever. I can't believe they post on here.
- Thank you TAR for giving viewers what they really want -- Phil's Amazing Package.
- Lacklustre season. Boring from the get-go. Missed the last three episodes, watched tonight for the hell of it. But I didn't really care who won.
- Anybody in Canada going to watch AR Canada?
- Those asshole "unapologetic" Republicans lost in D.C. and were forced to take a picture with President Obama, that was delicious. I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular, but I sure didn't want the conservatives to win. This wasn't the best season of TAR but I still can't wait until the next edition rolls around, hopefully it will be a little better.
- I looked up the brothers stats after the NHL congratulated them on twitter.
The older brother is actually the one with the longer hair. He's Bates and he's the only one that played in the NHL. He played 9 seasons with Carolina, Colorado Avalance, Washington Capitals and Toronto Maple leaf. But it doesn't say if he's currently playing--he may have retired.
The other brother Anthony is 33 and plays professional hockey for the minor league team The Huntsville Havoc. Anthony is planning to get new teeth with his winnings and has to pay off his car and credit card bills.
- congratulations r269!
- I am sorry r263, that was really a cheap shot at the Nats and I apologize.
You have to consider that I am a bitter, disillusioned Phillies Phan who doesn't see a good year for us fans.
Plus, you got one of my favorite pieces of eye candy when you signed Jayson Werth. It seemed to all go to hell when Jayson left.
"As the winners of this leg of The Race, you have won a trip for two from Travelocity to the Dominican Republic."
"Ewwwww... isn't that where poor brown people live?"
- The flags were all at half-staff in D.C.
Who died at that time?
- Anthony has a really nice ass.
- R279- Just a guess but, as this was taped at Christmas, could it have been for the Sandy Hook school shootings?
- I'm so happy that couple from Buffalo lost! I liked Bates and Anthony. I think Anthony is really cute in a prince William way.
- I love challenges like the "secret phrase/briefcase" ones.
Is that mall where they took a photo with the president in Georgetown?
- 'Mentalist' & 'Amazing Race' Finales Down, 'Red Widow' Ends Season Up, 'Celebrity Apprentice' Hits Low
- R283: 1100 Pennsylvania Avenue is also known as the Old Post Office and now known as the Nancy Hanks Center. There are shops and a food court on the lower levels and government offices above.
Hanks was the former director of the National Endowment for the Arts, and the building houses the NEA and other federal offices.
- What? People are actually watching Red Widow? I tried but couldn't get into it. TAR needs to get better teams and stop bothering with all the bland (blonde) stereotypes.
- Joey was cute until he spoke. Vapid. He may be the gayest gay ever on television, and he's not out?
- The long-running CBS reality series ended its 22nd season with a two-hour finale that was the highest-rated regularly scheduled show of the night. Still, Race dipped 4% from its April 28 show and was down 15% from the 2.7/7 of its Season 21 finale when the underdog Beekman Boys raced to the finish line first
- The Old Post Office will soon be transitioned into a fucking Trump Hotel!! That said, it will be better than what is there now. Fucking Orangutan has to shit everywhere.
- Turns out the hockey brothers, Bates & Anthony are 'family' but of the Italian mob kind. They're the grandsons of Sam Battaglia, a Chicago mob boss of the Chicago Outfit organization and was part of the gang wars with Al Capone and taken over by Sam Giancana. He eventually went to jail & died of cancer before the boys were born.
In an old interview when Bates father, the youngest some of the Dom, "how the son of the one-time Don of the Chicago Outfit can be playing chef to his boys instead of running a crew of his own in Chicago and Richard, polite like Bates though more verbose, answers: "How do you know I wasn't? You are asking me something I can't talk about."
But everyone is legit now.
- I meant youngest son of the Dom
- Well, I was wrong! I kept predicting that Max and Katie were the winners and it turned out to be Bates and Anthony! Oh, well. Someone here said that Max and Katie's edit through the last episodes hinted that they were headed for a fall and that turned out be true. Bates and Anthony got an advantage when Bates was able to do the briefcase roadblock so quickly, and when they zipped through the baseball task, that clenched it for them. Congratulations to Bates and Anthony.
I may be thrown out of DL for saying this, but I actually like Max and Katie. The editors let us know Max/Katie and that made them appealing to me. At the end of the finale we knew nothing more of Bates/Anthony and Mona/Beth than we did at the beginning and only a little more of Caroline/Jennifer.
As for Mona and Beth, the last two legs showed to be weak racers who were lucky. Caroline and Jennifer really should have made it to the final 3 ahead of Mona/Beth.
I wonder if Max and Katie loss was due to bad karma due to two things: Quitting the roadblock and taking a penalty in the first leg, and then being so mean to Mona/Beth and Joey/Meghan.
- [quote]I meant youngest son of the Dom
No. You didn't.
- Am I the only one who found this season underwhelming and am relieved that it is over? Most of the teams that made it at least halfway through the race were not interesting or appealing enough or good enough racers to make me root hard for them. I also found the way teams ganged up on Joey/Meghan and Mona/Beth really disturbing. Hoping the next season is much better.
The best things about the finale to me were seeing Jessica/John and Dave/Connor again; those were my two favorite teams of the season. It was nice hearing from Dave and Connor and yes, I have a feeling they will be asked back for another season.I had a love to hate/ hate to love relationship with Pam and Winnie. They along with J/J and D/C were the three interesting teams of the season.
- [quote]Bates and Anthony got an advantage when Bates was able to do the briefcase roadblock so quickly,
I was disappointed that such a crucial challenge depended almost entirely on luck.
- Totally agree, r295! The tasks on the final leg of the race should not rely so much on luck.
- Holy crap. I didn't realize the hockey guys were brothers, i thought they were just friends. Maybe I need to pay closer attention to the race, and a little less attention to Phil's bulge.
- I thought people were calling them bros because they were dudes.
- "I meant youngest son of the Dom"
What's a Dom?
- Anthony is 33 and Bates whose real name is Jonathan is 37.
- I thought Anthony and Bates were a weird pair of names for siblings. Anthony and Jonathan makes more sense.
- Max is a totally insecure douche bag which the producers let us see again and again. He and Katie bragged that they were mean in the first episode. In the last episode he bragged to the roller derby moms that he u-turned them. this stupid bully let his mean side get the best of him and he penalized a team that was no threat to him. Had he u-turned the brothers then he would have probably raced against two weaker teams for the final leg. Gotta love karma when it gives a bully like Max what he is due.
- When he was bragging about U-turning them, I just had the feeling he wasn't going to win. Payback is always a bitch.
- Sorry R299 I was a bit incoherent and also typos prone.
I meant Bates and Anthony's father was the youngest son of a Chicago Mafia Don/ mob boss.
- Max and Katie deserve each other, and no doubt they'll be divorced within three years, hopefully for the rest of us before they are able to breed.
- The only thing I was focused on during the entire finale was Max's cute little ass packed in those skinny jeans he was wearing. I literally couldn't take my eyes off his ass.
Max would just make the absolutely cutest little pocket gay ever. He has handsome face, great hair, and a perky little butt.
I want to be in Max quite deeply.
- Bates looks 100% better with his hair cut.
- The best bit was li'l Max jumping into those balls!
Beth deserves a medal for carrying stupid Mona over the finish line. She's made of tough stuff - I couldn't believe how many times she ran up and down those stairs and across to that dining tent! She was funny too the way she just kept randomly arranging the plates on the table! They were obviously just completely knackered.
- When he was a little boy, I'm sure they called him young Master Bates.
- Does anyone doubt that Bates and Anthony are well-hung?
- Any caps of Phil's bulge from this season or any of the contestants? Bates and Anthony showed some nice stuff and Max had a nice ass.
- If you ever had any doubts about Max being a major asshole, this video will dispel them.
- SOOOO glad Max and blondie lost. Typical nasty, entitled right winger.
- Supposedly, this is Joey's ex-boyfriend, if anyone cares.
- Speaking of Joey, I wonder if his partner Meghan is gay herself, or just a quirky, bohemian straight girl?
- She's straight. She has an Asian boyfriend of a few years who's also a youtuber. And she lives with her gay brother.
- Thanks, r316.
- WHET some of the Racers from past seasons? Unlike most reality shows, it seems like people on TAR don't try to extend their time on the show into other entertainment / reality endeavors.
- I think that's because most people choose TAR for the experience. Most other reality shows only offer you attention/money, so the people who audition for them are looking for more attention/money after.
- R318 Ever heard of REICHEN?
- R314 why do you think that is joey's ex?
- Isn't that a poison used in a Tokyo subway terrorism plot, 320?
- Wow, all the YouTube show hosts seem to be sleeping with each other.
- R321 He showed them hanging out alone in West Hollywood in a video, then he brought him along to see a movie with a group a friends that guy didn't know. About a month later they stopped following each other on Twitter and Joey mentioned how he was too sad to vlog.
- [quote]Ever heard of REICHEN?
- I wish TAR would do some kind of reunion show. There have been so many fan favorites over it's many seasons but doing some kind of favorite's race doesn't allow for viewers to actually get to (re)know them.
- [quote]'Amazing Race' Finales Down
Good. 3 teams of bullies in the final show. That's what they deserve. Maybe they'll do a better job of casting the next season. I'm about over watching this show and most of my friends are too. Time to move on.
- The hockey players were bullies? Examples from the show please. Or are you assuming they're bullies just because they're athletes. The same with the hockey moms. What did they do that was considered bullying?
- I think r327 is referring to the way the hockey brothers, Max/Katie, and the country singers ganged up on Joey/Meghan and Mona/Beth with the double U-turn.
- [quote]The same with the hockey moms.
There were no hockey moms. Mona and Beth were roller derby moms.