- I'm who said it, so I'll answer.
It's like there is no spirit animating the matter, no warmth or human compassion, nor empathy within the eyes. Not a person I'd trust for a minute. Dead eyes are creepy because these people have a huge disconnect from authentic emotion and empathy, and therefore, are capable of the most harm (since they can't feel the pain of what they cause). They are not contributors to community, but rather, users. Manipulators. Hugely self-centered to the point of narcissistic. They are the people to watch out for. And if you want an experience that leaves you totally empty inside (as these people seem to be), then get involved with someone who's dead inside. Someone with dead eyes.
Alright, I went a little far. I've described above one type of dead eyes, the ones I saw in the other thread. But there are also dead eyed people who are simply disconnected and not as... problematic. The less problematic group still seriously lack depth and are at minimum unsatisfying as friends and lovers.
Forget the face, the body, the expression, the sense of style. These are all artifice that can hide the truth. Take a good look at the eyes and see how they makes you feel. Do they feel safe? Does they feel warm and inviting?
- Sorry, didn't totally answer your Qs. It's possible for dead eyes to be alive sometimes, if they are passionate about something. I assume (just guessing) in general they have seriously repressed emotions due to trauma/abuse/childhood conditioning, and that rage or mortal fear would make them look alive when they surface.
But I'm not a learned psycho analyst. Perhaps some people are just broken?
My bf was like this when he was younger and it took many years of intense therapy for him to begin to understand emotion and to gain empathy. So some broken people can heal, if they choose to. My bf wouldn't have done it if he hadn't had major upheaval in his life.
- It was the first thing I noticed about Britney Spears in the first photo I ever saw of her back when she was a teenager.
- 'dead eyes' can also be a sign of exhaustion, depression, despair, grief, etc.
- Two words: Kirsten Dunst.
- One word: Brandon.
- R1, maybe their eyes become glassy, frozen and dead because they are stuck listening to gasbags like you.
- Joe Francis (the girls gone wild guy) is king of this. He has a weird smile too. He looks like a shark, so that's apt I guess.
- Is this the less scientific equivalent of sociopathy?
- R7, that's likely it. Dead eye people tend to be so shallow anyway, though, that superficiality and shiny happy exciting things are all they can handle. Oh, and cruelty. That keeps their attention too.
Looking within? Personal growth? They'll pass.
- Chad Kroger of Nickleback has them.
- Here a few examples.
- OP, dead eyes often come from dead brain.
So, go get a mirror and.......
- I guess I don't have deadeye-dar. I'm not seeing what you all are seeing. Steve buscimi's eyes always looked kind to me. Britney's, a little frozen-yes. Joe Francis's creepy smile distracts me from keying into "dead eyes".
I must be a sociopath's dream.
- I don't get it either.
- I've got a friend who has them. He doesn't fit the stereotype of a sociopath at all, so I'm not sure how true the stereotype is. He's a genuinely sweet and kind guy. He's very handsome, but his dead eyes are very off-putting.
- R14, I disagree with that list of celebs. Some of them, okay, but I don't see it with a good half of them. But then I'm not seeing multiple pictures of these people, either. Buscemi doesn't look dead to me at all. The guy who made that other 'erryday' thread looks deader than any of the celebs pictured.
Think of dead as vacant. Surely you've met some vacant people, or deer-in-headlights people?
- Beyonce has dead eyes.
- Joe Francis was an excellent example. Those eyes would fit nicely on a shark.
- I don't think those celebrities have dead eyes. But just go to any mugshots site and there you will find some.
- What's interesting about Joe Francis is that the ONLY pictures that his eyes have any life in them IS his mugshot.
- That chick from Weeds.
- R11 R8 both have the same shit-eating grin. I'm not seeing "dead eyes" on anyone else, least of all Steve Buscemi, Brad Cooper, or Paul Ryan.
Especially Paul Ryan. He has one of the most interesting pairs of eyes I've ever seen. He might use his powers for evil instead of good, but his eyes aren't "dead."
- If you don't think Paul Ryan or Joe Francis have dead eyes, you aren't familiar with the concept.
- That may well be, R25. I don't think I've heard it before today.
So...tell me about Paul Ryan's "dead" eyes, please.
- Paul Ryan's eyes are so dead they're buried.
- The only example I agreed with in r12's list is Crispin Glover. The other people all have bright, lively eyes (especially Brad Cooper and Bill Murray), so I didn't know what they're talking about.
- Rihanna has very dead eyes. They're beautiful, but they're like a lizard's eyes.
- Dead Eyes:
- Dead Eyes 2:
- She looks like a very sad girl. What color are her eyes?
- Ever see a picture of someone who just graduated basic training in the military? No matter which branch, they all have that same look.
This guy has dead eyes.
- I can see something sad in R33, R30, and especially R29, but I see it in the downturn of their lips, not in their eyes.
I think you have to be special to see "dead eyes," and I'm just not that special.
- Here, despite the fact that a professional photographer took this set of pics (lol) and that Paul Ryan has a mirthful smile on his face and eyes as light blue as a Malamute's, there is absolutely no "spark" in them. Nothing to indicate that his eyes know what his face is doing. I guess Tyra would call it "smizing." These are dead eyes.
- Those photos are taken from such a distance and in such poor light, R35, that I couldn't tell you anything about the man except that I recognize him and he's using a dumbbell?.
- Those legs.
- I agree Paul Ryan has dead eyes. It's weird because they're the first thing you notice about him, and they're genuinely beautiful eyes--but there's no life behind them.
But I think it's impossible to see dead eyes in photos. You have to see the person actually moving and reacting to see how the eyes don't really respond to stimuli.
- To OP and R1, who was the person with dead eyes who started this thread?
I believe it was a porn thread with a lot of "OMG, he's so hot" comments before his dead eyes and lack of any personality were noted.
So who is "dead eyes"?
- R1 posted the comment about Brandon in the Erryday thread.
- R40, at least he's not R488 from the Brandon thread. Bet *he* has "dead eyes."
- He's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at you, doesn't seem to be living--until he bites you, and those black eyes roll over white and then--then you hear that terrible high-pitched screaming--
- Halfway down this link is a photo of Billy Bob Thornton. Now there are dead eyes.
- Wow, that's a terrific link, R43! I've never seen most of these celeb photos. If you scroll slowly and figure out who it is before seeing the name, you see that some faces are recognizable no matter what, and some people you just can't figure out at all. Everyone is fatter in pre-celeb photos. Some people look better heavier. Most people look absolutely regular and normal pre-celebrity! Like anyone you went to school with. Some were really ugly or look especially stupid, and you wonder how they parlayed that into fame and fortune.
- Ryan Gosling has some serious dead eyes
- I see it with that Girls Gone Wild and with the military guy. Some of these examples are way off. Steve Buscemi? Not at all. Bradley Cooper might have cold untrustworthy eyes, but they are alive. Gary Busey looks a little crazy, wonky eyes and all, I don't see dead eyes. That pretty girl upthread just has sad eyes.
So I think people use this way too easily, as if everyone who isn't shining with pure mirth and love right in this moment has dead eyes, but of course they are a thing. There's a lot you can see in people's eyes.
- Katharine McPhee from SMASH
- I agree that Paul Ryan and Rhianna have dead eyes.
Also Canadian PM Stephen Harper
- an earlier photo of Harper's dead eyes
- here's a scary Harper dead-eyes photo
- Sharon Osbourne owns this thread.
- 51 replies and not a single mention of Madison from Million Dollar Listing?
- When is Brandon starting another thread? That was fun.
- Stephen Harper is one of the most disturbing people I've ever seen. His eyes are ice cold, serial killer eyes. When I visited Canada, it took on horror film proportions when the people I was visiting couldn't (were too stupid to) see it.
- Here's another early pic of Stephen Harper's deader-than-dead eyes.
You're right, R54, it's really disturbing. How can someone who looks like that succeed at anything requiring public contact?
- Per r43's link, Renee Zellweger had beautiful big eyes. How can eyes disappear? I've never seen that happen before.
- This pic of Elvis, from R43's link.
- Kathy Griffin describes Heidi Klum as having dead eyes. Some might be confusing light colored eyes as dead eyes. Some examples are actually cold eyes, not dead eyes. You won't mistake true dead eyes if you find a dark colored example.
- Angelina Jolie looks vacant.
- Kristen Stewart's whole face is dead.
- Hilary does not have dead eyes. One photo can make one look weird or stunned. It is when they are like that all the time.
Google Karla Homolka and you will see dead eyes in every photo.
- James Holmes
- Stephen Harper has dead lips too
- Kenny Rogers didn't used to have dead eyes, but the combination of face work and singing "Lucille" a billion times have gave him dead eyes for sure.
- This is an example of dead eyes at the link. For me there are a couple of versions of dead eyes, the most extreme is at the link. I usually see them in serial killers, the insane or other hard core criminals. Addicts that are far gone usually have the same kind of extreme deadness in their eyes like total meth addicts. There appears to be no soul connected to the body or consciousness. Elvis has left the building.
Then there are the eyes that are dead but I see a lot of anger in them like that Leesa Dahl and Jodi Arias. They both have dead eyes but there is also a lot of rage so there seems to be some of their soul still attached to an element of consciousness.
And there are the variations in people that are not deadness but maybe more like you see no human emotion or warmth. A kind of coldness or sometimes cunning? These things are hard to describe. I would say maybe Paul Ryan falls into this even Madonna and anyone ruthlessly ambitious or manipulative. Their humanity is still somewhat attached to their consciousness enough that they know how to appear to follow the rules of rational living and social interaction. They are not homicidal the way those in the first two paragraphs are but it does not mean they are compassionate just good at covering up their lack of humanity.
- I think the Actor Henry Cavill has dead eyes in a lot of his pictures. I don't know if it is how he reacts to flashbulbs or what, but it is like a veil comes over his eyes in some of his pictures. Good looking guy, but dead eyes. In interviews and on screen he doesn't have them, but in still pictures, dead dead dead
- eye yigh eye
- James Holmes has wide-eyed CRAZY eyes, like the school shooting killer.
- Beyonce'=dead eyes. Nothing there. They have been compared to shark eyes. Cold. Calculating. She thinks rolling her eyes and batting her eyelashes is good acting. In that schlockumentary for HBO, she rarely looks the computer camera straight on. She's always looking down and away. The mark of a liar. Vanessa Williams is the complete opposite. Beautiful eyes that telegraph warmth, sensuality and intelligence. She smiles with her eyes. Irish eyes. Nough' said.
- Hillary's eyes aren't dead. They're down right ambitious. Madonna has ambitious mixed with searching for answers. Aren't they both distantly related to Camilla or Angelina? All have ambitious eyes. To be dead eyes they have to appear as though they would fit a corpse. You google the images.
Angelina's eyes are slightly vacant though Brad Pitt has part dead, part deer caught in headlights eyes. I agree about Holmoka. It must be chilling to her children.
- Marty Feldman had dead eye.
Sandy Duncan has dead eye.
And then there's the Candy Man.
- r61, that's the big photo Jodie Foster splooges on every night.
- I have to say Britney Spears looks like a zombie. She just looks like the life has totally been sucked out of her. A vacant lost look.I feel sorry for her.
- I always thought Madonna's eyes were a sign of deep-seated insecurity and a strong desire for approval. The constant blinking and the glazed over, emotionless eyes make it seem like she never truly believes anything she says, she just wants people to like her and think highly of her. It's like she's searching for something she has never found and deep down she knows she never will.
- Does he have dead eyes?
- Lana Del Rey is a good example.
- I agree, R78. She has dead eyes.
- I agree, R76.
- Michelle "Clown Car" Duggar
- I would say overly medicated r75.
- Porn stars get a version of the dead or souless look too. A recent thread about Jenna Jamison had some recent pics and her eyes are "dead".
- I think Leo DiCaprio has them. When you look at his eyes, they always look empty and emotionless.
- I think Leo has sad eyes, not dead eyes.
- R85 Why do you think they're "sad eyes" and why is he sad?
- R86, probably from all of the cp he was forced into.
- Dead eyes are more like the spirit is not there (there is a frightening, hollow, or evil vibe to the look). Sad eyes: there is a spirit but it is sad. That is how it looks! I don't know Leo, so I don't know why. He was a child star, maybe he saw a lot.
- Kristen Stewart
- JGL and George Clooney both have happy eyes.
- Lana Del Rey is a great example, as are Britney and Beyonce. In the case of the former two, I think it's a case of drugs impacting neurological function. In the case of Beyonce, I think it's plain ole vacuousness.
- Miley Cyrus. End of thread.
- Britney is a good example but I think it's because she's very very medicated.
Lana Del Ray is another one who looks high all the time and completely dead inside.
- R87: "cp"?
re: Leo DeCaprio
[quote]probably from all of the cp he was forced into.
- Cp= Christian propaganda via Kirk Cameron.
- I was thinking cp equals child porn? Hollywood exploitation?
- I said this about my ex at the beginning! I described him as having dead eyes being non genuine and he turned out to be a narcisist manipulator pathological liar abuser etc etc ... This is real.
- Henry Cavill, very dead eyes in pictures. Hot as fuck though.
Not sure why, but for some reason I decided to watch some videos on conspiracy theories, the MK ultra stuff. I don't
really believe it, but the lengths the believers go to to read into everything they see amuses me.
Well, just as I was being skeptical as shit, a video all about the programming of Britney Spears came up. You talk about Dead Eyes, that poor thing has them in spades. Not when she first broke on the scene but the last half of her career forward.
I totally think that girl was sacrificed. Not in the name of MK or Monarch conspiracies, but by her parents and probably her mgrs etc. They pimped her out, sexualized her as a young girl, and exploited her at every turn.
There was an interview with Britney, sometime after the conservancy went in to effect. She looks good and sounds pretty intelligent, but she basically talks about having no control, no choice, and how everything she does is decided for her, and she is sad. It was actually very heartbreaking to see this.
I don't get California law, but in many states, even people who are very mentally ill don't lose all of their rights, or are put into custody of someone else like she has been.
To me, if the people who are her "guardians" cared for her, they would take her out of the public eye, let her live her life out in private.
Sorry, didn't mean to ramble, but that interview of hers really broke my heart. Someone sold that girl's soul to the devil. She may have been in on the decision, but she was so young. Parents are supposed to protect their kids, not let them make decisions that will haunt them forever.
Britney's parents may not be in the press all the time like Lindsay's but they let their daughter swim with the sharks, while they sat on the beach counting the money
- Britney Spears really owns this topic. She is the primary example of dead eye. Shre had them even before the breakdown.
- I'll continue. Putin:
- Bruce Jenner
- None of the celebrities in R12 look like they have dead eyes. They just look tired or high.
- Whoever posted the website with all the mugshots gave a great example. Criminals are perfect examples of people with dead eyes. They just look glassy and not-in-this-world. It's kind of scary
- Another vote for Beyonce.
- Here's a good example of dead eyes
- & again...
- Britney Spears pretty much owns the thread.
Rihanna and Kristen Stewart are a close second.
I find more female celebrities have them.
- jodi arias
sometimes just dead and sometimes looks like she could kill everybody.
link is to dead eye look.
- another good example
- I think a lot of it is drugs.
- I have noticed that people who smoke pot on the regular can get that look. A friend of mine was dating a new guy and I looked at his page on facebook to check him out and I got worried cause his eye were so weird looking. But then I found out he is a regular pot smoker and it made sense. He's really a sweet guy, lazy but sweet.
- even her drawings have the same dead eyes. very creepy.
- Remember me? I win this thread.
- On first view, this photo is really hot. But on closer inspection, the guy's eyes look dead. Literally. Is he?
- Joe Francis is the winner of this. I hope he loses his fortune and gets ALS. He's that terrible. R114, I have no idea but that picture disturbs me.
- Dead and about to kill
- Iggy Azalea has a bad case.
- Going all the way back.
- Nikki Minaj
- Dead eyes is how Dataloungers describe famous lesbian actresses they don't want to be lesbians.
- Joe Francis wins. His expression never changes because his eyes are fixed points of evil.
- Jenna Jamison
- I wouldn't call them dead but serial killer eyes. A little dead but with intensity?
- Two cases: The first was a large, color photo of Brad and Angie in formal wear. They looked at the camera, and their eyes had a dead look.
The second was Tom Cruise. Again, a colored photo, and he in formal wear. His eyes had no life.
- After Satan raped me my eyes have been called "dead". I only have eyes for him.
- Rory MacDonald
- Re sad eyes vs dead eyes: Paul McCartney has "sad eyes", because they droop down at the ends slightly. In his heyday they called them "bedroom eyes."
- Benedict Cumberbatch has dead eyes, or at least, vacant eyes, in every picture I see of him.
- Beyonce is the ultimate dead eyes. She literally looks like she is missing part of her brain or something.
- There are so many celebs and famous people with dead eyes.
Paul Ryan definitely has them, his eyes are downright scary, they say all you need to know about him as a person, if this creep ever gets anywhere near the presidency, watch out!
Rhianna, definitely has dead eyes and they are quite vacant too!
Ryan Seacrest, he creeps me out as well, same for Kid Rock. Sting also has dead eyes, he has beautiful eyes, but they are dead.
- This guy goes by "Derek Pain" in bondage videos.
Major dead eyes.
- Dutch Secretary-General at the Ministry of Justice/pedophile and rumored child rapist Joris Demmink:
- Davey Wavey owns this thread:
- The Wuornos clip is an excellent example because she learned how to make facial expressions, but they don't match the eyes.
- Not to be confused with death stare eyes. Those people scare the shit out of me.