All Threads by Date
Complete the following sentence: life would be better if...
Life would be better if I excelled at school and also became better at hands-on activities.
- .. 6 billion people suddenly disappeared.
- I was remotely attractive.
- ...I were promoted over my peers.
- ... Chris Meloni's ass was on my face as we speak.
- there were no Christians
- If I went to french immersion in 7th grade when I had the chance. Learning French at 21 years old sucks balls.
- ...I could wean myself off the 3 depression/anxiety meds I'm currently taking that leave me tired and with no sex drive.
- I accepted reality rather than fantasize about how it could be improved.
- Stupid people were unable to affect the lives of others.
- ...I hadn't written an email maligning by fat new coworker on Friday.
- r5 wants Sharia.
...if....I had money, looks, and will-power. I have brains.
- I could finish out my working life without fear of being laid off and never being able to find a job again.
- I had # 4 an #5 and could finally spit on that old dyke Hepburn's grave.
- CLICK CLICK CLICK
- ...if people used just a FRACTION of the intelligence most of us were given.
Instead of parroting stupid propaganda that someone else told them.
- There were no sports.
- Primetime were over.
- People were honest, unselfish, and thoughtful.
- OP: unless you're at school now, it's if I HAD excelled at school.
Ditto R6: If I HAD GONE to French immersion in 7th grade
What is it with Americans and the past perfect tense?
- ... most people didn't reproduce.
- ...my seemingly endless 17 month stretch of unemployment ended with a rewarding full-time job in Manhattan ot Brooklyn.
- ...Both a cure and a vaccine were found for HIV.
- If I hadn't been a kid who confused creativity and originality with subversion and eccentricity.
- R23 is adrift in a miasma of abstraction
- I never had to do laundry again.
- Yeah, R25. The fact that we have to do laundry is one of the best arguments against "intelligent" design.
- There was no religion.
DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.
Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...