- Continuation from part 1
- Jinkx for the win. Real nice queen.
- And I don't care if roxxy was left at a bus stop, she is a cunt and she looks like a glittered ham every week on the main stage. Thick and juicy my ass!
- R2 I really like Jinkx as well (but I am Team Alyssa). She seems too sweet and timid to be in that room of snakes but who knows, she may be playing the best game of all.
- OK, who the hell was that Aubrey cunt?
She was gawking at the queens like she was at a zoo. Terrible host who gave off judgmental, homophobic vibes. Almost as bad as blackface CATS chorus member Roxxxy still being on the show.
- Poor Ivy. She was never going to win, but I would have liked to seen her beat Roxxxxxxxxxxy and Coco.
- I love that the biggest girl left made pancake perfume.
- "Smells like IHoP. Come on down for your cuntry breakfast!"
Roxxxy is so tired. I did think, however, that her commercial was pretty funny in its final version. Must have been the editing.
- Coco sucks
- I really hope that Coco and Roxxxy go next. After that, it seems fair game. I read from a reliable predictor, that Jinkx goes 5th. They have been right so far, but I will believe it when I see it. I am an Alyssa fan, for many of the reasons stated by others. It was sad to see Ivy go. She was hot in many ways, but her personality was a dud. I am glad that she left before Jinkx got a hold of her. That would have been a disgrace! Lol.
- I feel like Jinkx is actually in a really good position to win. Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox as the final three, maybe? I like Alyssa too, more for her personality than for her looks or performances, but she's been having a rough time for a few weeks in a row.
- Coco and Roxxxy both suck. Coco is mean as fuck and that makeup is unforgivable. Same for Roxxxy actually.
I am liking Alyssa more and more each week. Alaska finally redeemed herself too.
Roxxxy to go next week and then Coco the week after. A double elimination would be dandy!
- jinxx' little edie is legendary. she will do well off the show no matter the ultimate result. the rest of the queens suck.
- Why is Coco still on? She sux
- Roxxxy is a dud. She's boring on stage, her nose makeup is awful, and she always looks like she's going to explode out of her costumes.
Coco is nasty and underwhelming as a performer considering all of her "years" as a drag queen, as she's apt to remind everyone. And I mean, leopard on leopard print? Talk about awful taste.
- What was up with Coco's googly-eyed boyfriend on [italic]Untucked[/italic]?
Agree that Aubrey seemed kind of homophobic. Loved Joan Van Ark, though!
- Did anyone else recognize Andrew Christian model #15?
It was Ronnie Kroell from the first season of "Make Me a Supermodel!"
And why oh why has my baby Shawn Morales of the Pit Crew shaved his chest?
- [quote] Alyssa doesn't think past her own wig
Jinkx - and that's why she's the queen of comedy
- I thought that was Ronnie K - thanks for the confirmation
- Who was #13?
Loved the mini-challenge this week. I'd like to see more of that footage for sure.
CoCo is breathtakingly unlikeable. Miserable, shit-stirring no-talent.
- Aubrey was looking down at every queen and treating all of them like circus attractions.
- And Brent Corrigan was one of the guys as well as ... drawing a blank - jax, jackson, something or other - stripper who has down a lot of modeling lately - Quinn maybe ... damn, it sucks when the memory goes, lol!
- Was sad to see IVEEEEEEEE-WEEEEEEEEEEEEnters go
He is sooo soo cute
- I don't get the hate for CoCo on here?!?!?!
Anyways Aubrey has the face of someone with a stinky vag
- Sticky Sweaty Stinky Vag
- [quote]I don't get the hate for CoCo on here?!?!?!
Do you even watch the show? Coco has tired, unoriginal drag, plus she's a bitter, miserable human being. What is there for you to like?
- Well, I thought Roxxy's outfit was lovely.
Here's a nice pic:
- And Coco ready for the mainstage:
- Nice pic of R28 here
- Is it not on next week? Next new episode April 1?
- WTF is wrong with that Aubrey o'Day person's eyes? Bitch is even creepier than Detox
- Coco out of drag looks like someone who would walk up to your car and try to clean your windshield.
- Alaska deserved the win, her commercial was good. I'm hoping it's between her and jinkx, Alyssa just seems dumb, every concept she comes with makes absolutley no sense. ditto for Coco.
- To R30:
The host of 1GIRL5GAYS (Aliyah Jasmine) is leaving the show and there will be an hour special with the whole cast which is pre-empting Drag Race.
- There's something clueless and over-the-top about Alyssa that I find hilarious and endearing.
- LOL. Looks like CaCa found the DL. I'm actually glad Roxxy was safe until the Telenovela challenge next week.
- Brent Corrigan:
yeah, #13 sure does look like BC.
I wonder if it's really him, though, since he didn't get any closeups.
Ya'd think the Cobra Killer would get a least ONE closeup since Ronnie Kroell got several.
- Weak selection of queens this season. Alyssa reminds me of Carrot Top's less roided up drag doppleganger. The rest seem too mean, dumb, or uninteresting to root for, save Jinx Monsoon.
- Are Coco and Alyssa really as stupid as they seem to be?
Coco's breakdown over what the judges told her was so wrong-headed it was laughable. She honestly thought she was doing what they wanted her to do? Ru told her right away, even the name of her perfume was wrong....
Coco needs to go back to Las Vegas and pretending to be Janet Jackson...maybe in a BIG showroom and sixty feet away from the audience she looks okay.
And as was mentioned in the old thread....Jinkx looks like Alice the Goon.
- I think Jinkx looks like Alice Ghostley.
- Does anyone know if Ivy and Jinx hooked up after the show?
This was the first time I've ever crushed on a contestant. Ivy is a cutie in and out of drag.
- That's just part of what makes her funny. Nobody's pretending that she's gorgeous least of all her.
- Don't sleep on Detox bitches, that gal got some...
I really like Detox, I think she is funny and looks great in an old Hollywood glam type way a la Faye Dunaway in Mommie Dearest.
- Detox is definitely talented, but she hasn't been bringing it to most of the challenges.
- Granted it was Alaska's turn to win, since ahe's come so close more than once before (last week for instance). But Jinkx could have just as easily had it this week, Her commercial was hysterical and the concept was very clever.
Delusion - Believe it!
I hate to correct you, but it's Iveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Winteeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
- It's Iveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Winterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!
- jinkx and ivy > those other irrelevant cunts
coco and rox(x)xy always look horrible despite their efforts. nice try.
- Alaska's statement in Untucked regarding how Jinkx has been the brunt of a lot of the queen's frustrations (she did not say it but I will - the more insecure ones are all jealous of Jinkx's success)and how that's something Alaska has been dealing with her entire career, gave me a new found respect for the girl who up to this point I thought was Sharon Needles'uptalking, vocal-frying, juvenile boyfriend.
She came accross as very together, articulate and pragmetic. It was probably one of the most mature statements made to date this season. She just knocked Detox off of second place in the rankings of my head.
My precious 15-year old dog is named Coco. I have nothing but a deep affinity and sentimental attachment, along with great memories, connected to that name. And Miss Montrese is really trying that attachment, but I won't let her ruin the name for me.
He's an all-white Puerto Rican Jack/Corgi Mutt, prettier than Montrese
- [quote] Everybody knows I'll give you the sirt off my back
Said by Montrese. Meanwhile, I have yet to see one single teeny weeny act of generosity towards anyone coming from that queen
- pragmetic >> pragmatic
- Jinkx has the demeanor of someone who was bullied as a child. I don't think it's an act, and I fucking despise Coco for being the bully last night.
- CaCa also said she resents that they're being graded on a curve. Bitch, the curve is the only reason you won the RuRoast challenge. They were expecting you to suck but you managed to squeeze out a passable Shangela moment. Were there no curve, Alaska or Jinkx would've won that challenge.
- [quote]Bitch, the curve is the only reason you won the RuRoast challenge...Were there no curve, Alaska or Jinkx would've won that challenge.
Totally agree. And Alaska took the opportunity to bring that up without mentioning names (when she said there were times she felt she had done well but someone who stepped out of their comfort zone would get praised more, so it works both ways), but it went right over Montrese's head.
I hate C. Montrese
- So now Coco is a bully because she was rude to Jinkx?
I agree Coco is annoying as fuck and is a sore loser, but that doesn't make her a bully.
These days it seems to take no effort to be branded a bully. In fact, if any of you disagree with me and think I'm wrong, that's bullying too!
Anyway, I'm pretty sure Jinkx has already won this season, I just hope Alaska is top two with her. Detox is finally stepping it up but it may be too late.
- In regards to Aubrey O'Day, I actually said "What a bitch" out loud. Who is she telling what? Go back to be being the no talent Z lister you are, skank. Leave my queens alone.
- Where does Coco get off blaming the other queens for her failure. It's not their fault you messed up the challenge. Everything about the contest is campy and OTT, how did she think it was supposed to be serious?
That Aubrey chick can suck my dick. A total cunt to the girls with absolutely no talent to back it up. I really got why Michael K calls her ceiling eyes. Stupid and nasty, that one is.
And Roxxy, good Lord, how is that mess still there? I like Jinx and I'm rooting for Alaska a little more given her comments in support of her. The girls on the attack seem to have a very narrow vision of what drag is.
Coco's husband is hot.
- CoCo is so full of shit. Why is she even on this show? Her make up is horrible and so is her wardrobe. Such a bitter queen and a sore loser as well. It makes me wonder if they only put her for the drama effect this season.
Jinkx is the most talented and I really hope she wins. Top 3 should be Detox, Alaska and Jinkx.
Also, have you guys watched the 2 documentaries about Jinkx Monsoon on Vimeo (Overnight and Drag Becomes Him)? Really talented.
- Audrina Partridge is ceiling eyes. Aubrey O'Day isn't even on that level.
- My mistake. I get my silicone girls mixed up.
- And speaking of Delusion, where does Roxxxy get off thinking she had last week's LSFYL in the bag? How could she even compare or watch her competition when she was too busy whipping her wig around? WE were barely able to assess her performance with all that busy stuff. RuPaul saw equal passion and rewarded both for it, but Alyssa's LSFYL was better. Roxxxy was horrid and she should have gone home then.
The only thing "hanging from a thread" in this competition is her sorry fat wide ass.
- R62, thank you for that! I thought I was the only one who heard Roxy claim she had won. The bitch cried after the competition because she knew she sucked. I no longer like coco or roxy; both are mean sore losers.
- And what is with Coco, Roxxxy, etc. degrading the "funny" queens and making it sound like they represent a lesser form of drag? Anyone can walk around and look "pretty/fishy", but it takes quick thinking and timing to be truly funny. Comedy is a far greater talent, IMO.
- Now we know where Roxxxy gets all her outfits...
- Am I really the first one to say "Fuck yeah, I love Joan Van Ark!!!" I'd love to see her judge again. Fuckit, replace Santino with her when he finally blows away in the next stiff breeze.
- Do Joan Van Ark and LaToya Jackson have the same plastic surgeon? (Same bad nose job)
- Next judge vacancy should be filled immediately with the best guest judge this show has ever had, that is if they can afford an Emmy winner on a permanent basis - the one and only Kristen Johnston.
Funny how this season has featured both the best and the worst guest judge they've evr had on RuPaul's Drag Race. Do I need to tell you the worst one?
Hint: This Week
- R64, the pageant queens always like to gang up on the "alternative" queens.
Pageant queens= I like to look like a Miss Universe because I lack talent.
"Alternative" queens= actual talent.
- I'm sure she'd do it, R68. She's been trying to shove herself down our throats again this year.
The funniest thing she ever said was in her book when she faux self-deprecatingly referred to herself as a "B-list celebrity".
- R22 & R37. Yes it was Brent Corrigan and also Quinn Christopher Jackson.
I was a bit surprised they didn't focus more on either of them considering their popularity and followings.
- Is there anything more boring and tragic than a lip-syncing pageant queen? I thought that form of drag queenery died out years ago?
- I really liked Detox on Untucked. I appreciated her stepping in on Jinkx's side during Coco's nonsensical rampage.
- So are you saying that my Janet Jackson routine is dated?! But the judges never TOLD me!!!
Ru Animal by Coco
- RoXXLy claiming that she won last week's LSFYL was pure shit. She knew she sucked so she pulled out her "get out of jail free" card. I don't think ANYone believes she won that fair and square.
Although, frankly, I prefer her sticking around to CoCo the Turd Midget.
- Alyssa bores the shit out of me. All of the pageant queens do. Drag should be campy and fun. And I'll ask again, what do they do in their shows after they win? Do Ru and her team make a little act for them?
- Judging from the vids and pics going around, they go around the globe blowing their drag queen boyfriends on stage.
- Loved when Joan Van Ark said "No T no shade, hunty."
- R78, that made my week.
- Can someone break down the whole T & Shade thing by category and explain it to me? I know what T means (the truth) and I know what shade is (No need to read because a glance or an act says it all. In the words of whatsername in Paris Is Burning "I don't even have to tell you you're ugly cause you KNOW you uGLEE")
But what do the following mean?:
No T no shade
All T all shade
No T all shade
All T no shade
and throw in Hunty while you're at it.
- "No tea, no shade" means "no offense, but..."
"All tea, all shade" is meaningless, but amusing.
- hunty = honey
- "Hunty" is a hypercorrection typical of older black women. RuPaul likes to pay homage to the women in his life in little ways like that.
- Oh Ok, so when one of the queens a few episodes ago (Jade Jolie maybe?) told Coco NTNS and Coco replied "ALL T ALL SHADE!" Coco was (once again, quelle surprise) more than likely taking offense at whatever the queen had put the disclaimer on.
- Thanks r81 and r82!
The More You Know ... ~~~ ***
- Exactly, R84.
- [quote]Is there anything more boring and tragic than a lip-syncing pageant queen? I thought that form of drag queenery died out years ago?
I thought so too, but... to see the pathos and passion they bring to "lip-syncing for their lives" when they're competing to stay is quite something.
- Hunty = honey + cunt.
- No t, no shade, hunty, cunty
- [quote]"No tea, no shade" means "no offense, but..."
[quote]"All tea, all shade" is meaningless, but amusing.
"All tea, all shade" = "No offense my ass!"
- Yes, GAWD!
- [quote]Does anyone know if Ivy and Jinx hooked up after the show?
Hey Mia, r41. If Ivy is to be believed, and I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be, Jinkx was and is just a very good friend. She gave an post-elimination interview to AfterElton that included a few interesting points.
1. Jinkx never told Ivy how she felt and watching the episode was the first time Ivy knew about it.
2. All of Ivy's siblings (1 bro and 1 sis) are gay. She has one of those almost fictional sounding accepting families that we'd all like to have.
3. An explanation on why RuPaul pronounces her name the way she does. Something about LaToya Jackson creating a similar noise when introducing Edgar Winter at some event.
4. It sounds like Ivy didn't know "Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent" which always makes it more challenging to do a good lip synch.
- I have a soft spot for the truly tragic flyover pageant queens like Alyssa and Stacy Layne Matthews, but the big city pageant girls should know better.
If you're a pageant queen in NYC or LA, then you need to sit down and shut the hell up.
- I loathe Aubrey O'Day as well, but she deserves a touch of credit for qualifying her comment about the big eyes to Alyssa...she said "and I get this comment myself, and I'm just passing it on to you..." about being careful of having overly seductive big eyes, which make you seem crazy.
- her eyes aren't anywhere near seductive. She looks the runaway bride and that guy who claimed he killed Jon Benet had a baby.
- There's different types of drag - so the eff what? Camp vs Pageant is like Democrat vs Republican - a queen is a queen a politician is just useless.
- LOVE the interview. Thanks, R92!
- UNPRECIDENTED! Eight main challenge winners in eight episodes. Another good episode. The mini challenge was fun. I wish we got to see more of it. One of the guys was in "Boy is a Bottom" music video.
The main challenge was fun. Do the editors think they will get more response online and through word of mouth if they show the queens doing poor instead of good? People online seem to talk more when someone is a mess then when they are not. So they could be right. Alaska and Jinkx did really well. There concepts were well thought out, coherent and funny. Detox did good but showing him saying herione and not the whispered parts instead of the other way around was off. Otherwise it was solid. Roxxxy had the right ideas but the execution was limp and shallow. Coco's performance last episode in the Rupaul Roast must be an anomaly. He reverted back to his old self. The commercial was poor. Alyssa went with his strength of being pretty. It came out poorly. It looks like the production wants Alyssa to do poorly by tripping him up. Like last week of raining down on him that he isn't funny, this week they wanted him to reveal his secret. It's a secret, you aren't supposed to know. Unforunately, Alyssa doesn't pick up on this stuff so he never comes back with any good reply and looks bad. Ivy was out of his league. He wanted a city background and all the things that are associated with cities yet delivered a bland performance.
I think Jinkx is going to win. He's gotten so much camera time. He'll be the first winner to weep his way to victory. I don't buy the whole "other drag queens don't understand my drag" story. He currently has a camera crew following him around making videos of his life. No other drag queen from the show has had that. He has an assistant. He was in musicals as a drag queen. He's done professional photoshoots. If he was so off the mark then he wouldn't have these things. Sharon Needles and Alaska couldn't even get booked by local clubs because of their style of drag. The only bar that would accept them has a stage that is 6 feet by 4 feet big.
- I'm sure there are a lot of haters who have snarked at Jinkx along the way. Maybe that's what she's alluding to? Also, as the child of an alcoholic, one of the common paths is to be an overachiever. Perhaps she's worked her ass off getting those gigs, etc?
I think if Ivy's dress in her commercial had been flashier when she revealed it, she would've been safe. I wish we'd seen more of Jinkx and Ivy interacting instead of the tired Alyssa and Coco. I will always have a soft spot for Roxxxy for saying "I'll just be glad when one of you goes home." If it's tiresome to viewers, it's gotta be suicidally boring in person, 12 hours a day.
- [quote]I think if Ivy's dress in her commercial had been flashier when she revealed it, she would've been safe
Only if it also revealed some other queen with talent hiding underneath.
- [quote] Only if it also revealed some other queen with talent hiding underneath.
Very funny! However, I do think Ivy has talent to spare - more than most of those queens.
What she lacked was carisma and a comanding stage presence.
- charisma and commanding
Type type *plunk*
- Ivy was the final introvert and extroverts are better at the runway and judging. It amazes me how some painfully introverted drag queens can convert 180 degrees when they're on stage. But after the performance, they're painfully shy again.
Ivy may have won a drag contest but this is reality TV and introverts appear boring and uninspired.
- I think Ivy is plenty talented, she was my second favorite queen this year after Jinkx, but she didn't have the nerve to be a C.U.N.T.
- Ivy has no soul as a drag queen. Not surprising considering that she has had such a perfect life. I usually find queens with a "darker" past to be more interesting.
Ivy and Lyneisha have the best styles though. They always look amazing on the runway.
- Roxxy's makeup is among the worst ever seen on this show and that is REALLY saying something. Her "best if used by" date is long past. Alyssa stayed when Roxxy did because she totally sold the song, too. And anyone who thought that after that double elimination there wouldn't later be a double stay is too naive to be tuning in!
- Did RuPaul's Drag Race come on this week?
- it didnt come on this week due to that other logotv show having a special. "1 girl 5 gays". Next week sweetie...
- Thanks r108! :-)
- This tumblr post is going viral.
- Who will go home this week? Roxxxy or Coco, I hope.
- Some of the queens from the past few seasons performed in NYC yesterday. Here's Jinx doing I Dreamed a Dream as Little Edie.
- Thanks for posting that, R112. Jinkx for the win!
- I don't know how much more Coco I can handle.
- Don't forget the new episode airs tomorrow, Monday, at 9pm Eastern.
- Hey guys! Jinkx Monsoon's Drag Becomes Him (short documentary series) is out!
Look it up on youtube (for some reason it doesn't let me post the url)
Jinkx Monsoon: Drag Becomes Him #3 / "What It Feels Like"
It kinda makes me think Jinkx did win!
- [quote]Look it up on youtube (for some reason it doesn't let me post the url)
Do you know how to post a link, r117 (BR)? You just have to paste it in the "URL" box which is just above the "Author" box.
- Wow Jinkx rocks in that clip!
- thank you ! I didn't know, sorry!
- And this is the one I was mentioning!
Hate that Alyssa got sent away.
Bitch Coco should have gone.
- I like Alyssa a lot, but she did herself in with that bad performance in the telenovela challenge.
Also: was Wilber Valderrama there as part of a work release program or some kind of community service plea bargain? Does Ru have pics of him getting fucked by Santino? He could barely contain his disinterest and contempt and seemed to be there against his will.
- I guess it was Detox's week to have the required meltdown. Her boyfriend story was a little confusing. One minute she talks about how he was her ex and stalking her, the next she talks about how much she misses him. I guess for the next season, the queens need to have one really good sob story to pull out when things get dicey.
- I thought it was a little icky that Detox was a co-winner on the challenge after she told her story. Technically, she didn't perform the task so why did she win? Awkward.
I wish the Coco/Alyssa saga had been resolved before Alyssa hit the road. I mean they don't seem to HATE eachother and it was nice of Alyssa to offer her congrats when Coco left the stage.
She's a lady.
- Can someone explain what I'm missing about Roxxy because I'm mystified why the judges seem so up his twat about how fabulous she is. Because to me, she's just...gross.
- Roxxy has gained 15 pounds since the show started and it is NOT attractive.
- Fucking Coco.
- I'm linking Jinxx more and more each week. I'm really rooting for her.
- Hopefully Coco and Roxxy will be bottom two next week. Two loud mouth bitches never shut up or give credit where credit is due.
- I can definitely see Coco and Roxxy on the bottom. Never on top. Strictly bottom.
- Just rewatched the 'Meet The Queens' promo where Roxxxy LIES and says his mother loves him and she always wanted a pagaent girl, but got more than she bargained for.
But is THAT the lie ? Or was it that stage show ? (You know the one, where she remembers the green bench at the bus station ....)
- Who is that chick that helped coach them through the telenovela filming?
The tried to tell us that was Maria Conchita Alonso, but that sure as hell wasn't her face.
- She might mean her foster/adopted mom. If someone abandoned me, I wouldn't consider her my real mother.
- Fabulous episode. It felt like an eternity since the last episode. I couldn't wait to watch last night.
The mini challenge was mini. Alyssa should have won. Detox out of nowhere tells his dead ex-boyfriend story and wins. It was odd. Roxxxy and Detox have used heartbreaking stories to get further in the competition.
The main challenge was entertaining. Everyone stepped up their game. Both teams had pluses and minuses. I could understand Detox's team's plot, they were cohesive but I felt the performance was flat. I didn't laugh once during their performance. Team Alyssa was entertaining however I didn't understand the plot. Alaska would have won this challenge had he not had a Russian accent at the beginning of his performance. I think he did the best. The judges were dumping on Alyssa. I think he did good though. He may have stumbled upon the performance instead of knowingly doing it but it doesn't matter how you get there. Anyway, he landed in the bottom two again. This was the lip synch performance of the season. I've already watched it 15 times and will watch it another 15 times tomorrow. Alyssa and Coco did amazing. This ranks up there with Morgan McMichaels vs. Sonique, Carmen Carerra vs. Yara Sofia, and Carmen Carerra vs. Raja as the best lip synch. Even before the lip synch it would be hard to justify keeping Alyssa because of his record of poor performances in the last 5 episodes. I accept that Alyssa was cut. I am so proud he went out on a high note though.
Don't forget Elimination Lunch today at 12pm on LogoTV.com.
- I really liked the part with Bilbo Chachcarama!
- Coco to go this week!
- There's a really excellent, in-depth profile of RuPaul that was just posted on Spin.com yesterday. Lots of stuff I didn't know -- like, for instance, Ru's roots in punk rock. Fascinating!
- I will miss Alyssa. She has one of the most endearing (and funny) personalities of any Drag Race contestant ever. I hope she gets a recurring gig on Drag U; she would be a great mentor.
I also agree with the previous poster who said that Alyssa is a lady. She showed true class by congratulating Coco onstage.
- Neither of the telenovela scenes was remotely funny.
Sucks that Alyssa, who is one of the most entertaining, went home rather than that sour bitch Coco.
- Thank You R(138)...that was a great article!
- God, will someone shit in my mouth already?!?!
- Fucking AWESOME Lip Synch! Always will love you Alyssa! Sorry Bitches but I will miss her!
Jinkx...you are my Queen! Drag Race Superstar hall of fame girl!
- On a related note, LOGO is bringing back "The A-List", this time with gay Amish.
- ^ That was an April Fool's joke.
- Is datalounge broken or something? I can only get to threads in my threadwatcher.
- [quote]Technically, she didn't perform the task so why did she win?
Not a fan of Detox, but I thought she was the only one who actually was able to perform the task - to cry on cue. Whatever tools you use to get there are not important (ask any actor).
- I am less and less of a fan of Detox. I also thought it was very interesting that she and Roxy had a conversation about the boyfriend later. as if to validate the fact plus the crying on camera. I am such a fan of Jinkx or Alaska...Roxxy/Tox can kiss my ass.
- I found the boyfirend story confusing-did he "pass himself away"? That was the impression that I got. Detox said she went home and found him dead and, after all the stalking drama, I could see him offing himself in a "can't live without" you moment.
- That was too ridiculous even for LOGO, R144, though Logo could use some gay programming.
- [quote]Detox said she went home and found him dead and, after all the stalking drama, I could see him offing himself in a "can't live without" you moment.
Wasn't that a subplot in "Stonewall"?
- You would think the "telenovelas" would have been funnier.I can't understand why the judges were praising Roxxxy's performance I thought she was awful.
- I think both Jinkx and Alaska are more talented than Sharon Needles. They're funnier and better actors. Jinkx can sing, too. I like Sharon, but once you take away the creep shtick, there isn't much there.
- Tom and Lorenzo NAILED it about Valderama-lama:
[quote]We just wanted to hand Wilmer a 50 and say “Sorry about this. You can go, if you want.”
- Agreed R153...Sharon cannot touch Jinkx as an actor or as a comedian. And Alaska is quirky in a different way than Sharon but also very smart as an actor and as a comedian. The mug on him during the planning of the Detox Telenovela...if looks could talk!
Roxtox is toxic!
- I hated Alyssa's guts at first but really warmed up to him over time -- he turned out to be such an unadulterated goofball.
[quote]And Alaska is quirky in a different way than Sharon but also very smart as an actor and as a comedian.
He's sort of a drag Christine Baranski.
- Christine Baranski is the drag Christine Baranski (or the drag Joanna Lumley)
- How could Ru tell if Coco was doing a good job on the lipsinc? She was too busy waving those yellow wings around like an injured canary.
- Because Coco made a big show of pointing to her mouth to demonstrate that she could rattle off the lyrics. I thought she looked toolish doing that.
- I think Coco only "won" because of the pageant plot - she's never won against Alyssa competitively... until NOW!!!! (cue music, tears etc.)
That's the only time Alyssa made me laugh.
- I didn't get that, r160. Sorry to be a joke downer, but could I ask someone to explain?
- I'm sorry, I meant r161!
- Yeah, I didn't get the deuces reference either, I was just glad to see the dumb cunt leave!
- Sharon Needles is infinitely more witty in improv situations than Ms. Jinkx. Jinkx is nice; she's harmlessly "safe" funny (see Pandora Boxx), but she lacks the edge of Sharon and her "woe is me" act is unbecoming of a drag queen.
Sad to see Alyssa go if for nothing else, her hysterical clown-like facial expressions. This season won't be as unintentionally funny without her.
The best part of last episode was the "safe sex" commercial. Hot Latin otters buttfucking, yummmm.
- Kick rocks, r162 & r164.
- R167 Thank you. That makes sense. Today, on Elimination Lunch, Alyssa said he's a "basketball wife" so I guess his boyfriend plays basketball. That might be where he picked it up or from his straight brothers.
I'm not a Jinx fan. I actually liked him somewhat in the beginning. Since I've looked at his career in drag it doesn't justify his low outward opinion of himself or his claim that other people don't get his drag. He actually is one of the more experienced this year and well-rounded. I think he's proven he's the most talented this year. So if he wins I'll be fine. My picks, Lineysha and Alyssa, have already been eliminated. When I watched that video from a few days ago of Jinx singing "I Dreamed a Dream" I initially thought it was a recording. It actually was Jinx. He is the best singer the show has had.
Coco is talented. His wardrobe is exceptional. It's hard to see that when he is so miserable. A lot of people want to see high fashion instead of showgirl drag. Shannel got the same criticism.
Alaska has stepped out of Sharon's shadow. They are more equal than I thought in the beginning of the season. Alaska is a bit more negative than Sharon but he also can write jokes.
I never liked Roxxxy. He doesn't say much to the non-RoLaskaTox queens but when he does it's always negative. He is good at what he does I think it's flat though.
People expected a lot from Detox. I watched his videos since he did the Chik-fil-A song. I knew he could never match the expectations. I still think he's underperformed. He reminds me of Raven in that regard.
- Alyssa vs. Coco
- R167, thanks for you brief but civil reply.
R166, what the hell crawled up your ass? Chill out, Mary!
- Why is Roxxy always warning Jinxx that there are going to be challenges she's not going to be good at? Boxxy's got such an inflated sense of herself that she thinks she's going to excel at them, whatever they are. Besides a music video challenge, I can't think of what it is that Roxxy thinks is going to trip Jinxx up.
- For those of us who can't access the urban dictionary at work - can someone sum it up for us here?
- For you, R172:
'deuces - when someone holds up two fingers symbolizing "peace" when leaving an establishment, "deuces" is often said.'
- Alyssa's reactions to Coco's fake orgasm in the Interior Illusions Lounge was the funniest thing ever. Why couldn't Alyssa bring that humor and personality to the challenges?
- Thank you R173.
- I love the showgirls generally, but Roxxy is quite unlikeable. And yes, Alyssa's facial expressions were comedy gold in and of themselves. I guess it's going to be Alaska, since Jinx is really more of a comedienne than a polished drag queen. Something is missing with Alaska for me, though. She doesn't excite me, and I'm kind of bored with the whole genderfuck so-called "edgy" queens year after year. It's like Ru was so intimidated by the Tyra backlash that she's letting a bunch of haggy fraus dictate who she chooses based on who they want to fuck--the same bony, androgynous goth. I'm a little over it.
- It ridiculous the criticism Jinx has received for her runway when Alaska has done same look multiple times: prom dress + upswept hair to one side.
- Well Ru was a bony androgynous goth back in the day.
- R176 "haggy hausfraus"? There are many gay folk and other types of people who loved Sharon and Tammie and Alaska and Jinnkx. We appreciate there talent and humor and post glamour looks...it is different. And we are not "haggy hausfraus".
We can see when something is TIRED.
Glamour queens are done for days...especially those lacking in humor.
I think Sharon was fantastic (though at this point a bit overexposed) and someone like Raven or Tyra would have to werk their ass off to beat them.
- R164, the phrase "Kick Rocks" is occasionally used in addition to "Deuces" when an individual is trying to verbally hasten the imminent departure of another.
Get out of my face!
Gets to steppin!
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!
Those are all relatively equivalent - some more dated than others.
I wasn't trying to be a jackass in my response but I thought the use would be a funny way to make it click what 'Deuces' meant when uttered while someone is leaving and holding up a peace sign. Maybe it wasn't so funny for you, so for that I apologize.
- As much as I hate CaCa, I loved the scene in Untucked where Alyssa was re-enacting her "orgasm."
Alyssa: Ahh... Ahhhh
Coco: .. Ugh
- Most RPDR fans, not just fraus, loved Sharon Needles. She was a breath of fresh air who really stole the show from Chad Michaels and Willam (who were supposed to be the stars).
I do find it a travesty that Bebe and Tyra have titles while Raven, Jujubee and Nina Flowers don't.
- That's because Bebe and Tyra didn't deserve to win, r182. Personally I think Sharon was the first winner who really deserved it. I think Manila should have won season three, but Raja was my second favorite, so I'm not quite as irritated by that in as the first two.
- I'm sorry r179, but how is the look "different" when it wins year after year, and when it was actually Ru's look about 30 years ago, as r178 points out? If you like it fine, but the pretension of fans of this drag, who insist that it is something it isn't, is what is really tired. And yes, it screams "haggy Frau!" for anyone whose seen a Twitard.
- Just curious, when RuPaul did this look, was it in a drag context as a female goth impersonator?
(Don't know much about that part of Ru's history)
- Early Ru was genderfuck rather than drag per se.
- JAW DROP! Alaska got completely naked on stage in Chicago the other day. Link below.
- I loved this episode, especially since Roxxxy had such a good evening. Now that busted up, two ton, no green card heffa can go home with some dignity tomorrow!
Double deuce to you, fat ass!
- Sharon Needles just posted a picture of GG Allin's corpse on her Facebook. My God... my Sharon fan worship doesn't go this far. She is disturbed....YUCK!
- What are Alaska and Sharon on?
- heroin - just like Allin
- Honestly I think Sharon is a little bipolar or depressive. This is really dark stuff. GG Allin is wearing a jockstrap and lying a coffin. I mean WTF? Why would anyone post that?
- Who is GG Allin?
- Punk Rocker who died of heroin overdose about 10 years ago. they presented and buried him smeared in his own feces (per request of brother because that's how his body was discovered after the smack attack). A real class act - he was a racist and a child molester.
- As far as I'm concerned, Jinks has just won the season. Her compassion for her makeover partner - the 67 year old PWA that Alaska intentionally stuck her with - was perfect. Jinks was loving, kind, forward thinking and compassionate.
Give the bitch the crown now! Send Roxxxy home for those horrible thigh/ass pads on her queen.
- It's about fucking time!!
- CoCo was annoying as hell. Did anyone buy that guy's Judy Garland story?
- Jinkx is wonderful. Crown her, Ru.
Coco is a hateful shrew. She made her partner visibly uncomfortable with all of her self-pitying drama. Her makeup, and her partner's makeup, was also truly busted. They both looked like they had orange paint on their faces.
That Seduction song was awful. Michelle Visage could make anyone's ears bleed. It was the most banal lipsynch I've seen to date.
- Happy to see CoCo go - about fucking time.
The guys they dressed up all seemed to really want to be there and were all into it, which is what make it work when they do a challenge like this.
In Untucked, Jinkx' guy predicted Jinkx would win, and all the other guys thought he was crazy for saying so.
- Don't like coco but tonight I think alaska and detox should have been bottom. Alaska had the hottest guy and basically did nothing with him. Detox---deranged raggedy ann dolls...hahahaha
- Jinkx turned her vet into a credible old-school camp queen. As "Fortuna" he sort of reminded me of the late Atlanta legend Micky Day.
- Yeah, Jinkx did a great job with her queen, down to the shoes. The makeup was great on Alaska's queen, CoCo's was unforgivable and I'm so happy to see her go. I hope she cringes at herself when she watches and learns what a douche she is. Same with Roxxxy, just mean for fun but not funny.
- Here's hoping that FINALLY Rolaskatox finally gets busted up next week and that Jinxxx makes final three. I really hope that Ru was watching this season as it was being filmed and realized that two parts of that clique are just not very likeable (although Detox has grown on me more as the season has progressed). Alaska has been likeable all season, though unfortunately not all that talented (same look each time with different colored wigs ....except the perfume challenge).
Jinxxx was really nice tonight and is obviously smart about learning about our history, etc. Seemed glad overall to be paired with her partner.
Coco, I'm so glad she go-go'ed. Good riddance.
- Just watched Untucked and it was HILARIOUS when they showed the vets watching Coco and Detox LSFTL .... and Coco's partner started kind of cheering for Detox's jiggly mouth routine. Bummer Coco, even your partner liked Detox better.
- Coco should have gone home for that busted makeup alone. She also seemed to be really put out that she showed up to a competition and was expected to do the challenges. How could they have chosen those challenges without clearing them with Miss Coco first to see if she'd excel at them?
On Untucked when she said she could take criticism my eye rolled right out of my head. What is her deal and why is she so pissy and bitter?
Jinx was lovely all the way around and deserves the win. Roxxy and her jiggle need to go next week. I can't believe she's made it this far to be honest.
- I looked up that Seduction song after the show. Michelle Visage sounded really like Madonna.
I wonder if she ever rubs it in Ru's face that she's charted higher than he ever has.
- Say all you want about Detox trying to hook up with her vet, but in Untucked it was very evident that the two who hooked up were Detox’s and Coco’s marines – with each other. Lots of grabby- grabby by these two hunks. However, I’m afraid the Latin guy got the mean girl edit, picking up a fight with the old vet, which was a turn-off for me.
I hate to say this, but Roxxxy deserved her win this time. And Jinkx was very gracious anticipating it in Untucked and giving props to Roxxxy (something Roxxxy would never reciprocate).
- Originally I thought the final three would be Jinkx, Alaska, and Detox. However, now I think they might let Roxxxy into the final and cut Detox next week unless someone really fails extraordinarily at the multiple runway looks challenge.
- "I think I killed Judy Garland!"
BIGGEST MARY MOMENT EVER!
- Do you know about the drama back in the early 90's when she was contacted by Madonna's lawyers to stop stealing her look. [R206]
- [quote]Do you know about the drama back in the early 90's when she was contacted by Madonna's lawyers to stop stealing her look.
Yup - even though Visage was voguing years before Mandonna.
- Madonna steals from everybody. Though Visage DID win a Madonna look-a-like contest when she was 16.
- Michelle was basically a backup singer in Seduction.
- It was kind of poignant how Michelle was the happiest I've ever seen her singing away to her hit single. Long ago hit single.
- [quote]It was kind of poignant how Michelle was the happiest I've ever seen her singing away to her hit single.
I thought the same thing! And it was even sadder that she was singing along to the solo riffs and hollers - and knew them by heart - when her original part in the song was relegated to "It takes two it takes two, me and you, it takes two it takes two, me and you..."
- Did I watch a different music video to you guys? Visage and the short one shared most of the vocals. The girl in red is relegated to speak-singing "It takes two, it takes two."
- Was that thier only hit?
- While we're on the subject look how pretty (and skinny) she looks here
- yes r216, she had the top verses in the song (read: straight melody) but in RDR LSFYL she was wailing away to the free-style riffs that done originally by the black chick.
Would be like Boy George taking credit for the exciting parts of "In The Church Of The Poison Mind"
- [quote]The girl in red is relegated to speak-singing "It takes two, it takes two."
The girl in red was later known to us as the MTV VJ Idalis.
- [quote]Was that thier only hit?
It's the only one I ever remember getting commercial radio airplay, but they had lots of other club hits.
- They're no Exposé!
- [quote]Was that thier only hit?
They also made noise with "(You're My One And Only) True Love" and, in clubs, a re-make of the old disco standard "Heartbeat".
I can't believe I know this.
- It takes 2 (to outweigh me). Well maybe 3, possible 4.
- Something tells me CaCa found this thread :)
- Jinkx is without a doubt the nicest queen they've ever had on this show.
- Jinx may be the shrewdest contestant to date. When she decided to reveal her Ivy "crush" to Alaska while they were getting ready, it hit me how she's coming at her "story" from all angles.
- I want to see that bitch Jinxx fall asleep on the runway.
- Yeah, Jewish and narcoleptic.
- I'm just catching up...
Aubrey O'Day? Who? She looks like a fatter Lohan. What has she done? Where did she come from? Why doesn't she blink?
You know the queens were like 'bitch, please' when she was offering her 'critique.'
On the bright side, she actually made Michele Visage look darn pretty.
- So glad that bitter queen Coco has gone home. Why was she so angry all the time? It couldn't have been because Alyssa was there because she was even worse this week.
All of her clothes looked like they were from the 80's - and not in a good way....more like Sears - 1980.
And the poor thing was almost as homely as a man as she was as a woman....and certainly not as talented as ANY of the queens that are still there.
Loved all of the military men. God Bless America!
- Aubrey O'Day was trying way too hard, but she isn't funny or hot, and she has no career, so her "I smell shit" face was just intolerable.
- R201, did Mickey Day work the door at Illusions? It's been so long, my memory is going. I remember my first time going to a gay bar, I was 16 and the door person was a transvestite. I was scared to death already and had never seen a man dressed as a woman. I'm thinking it was Mickey Day.
- Alaska and his lopsided wigs have made it to TOP 4! Can you believe it? I can't. I really didn't like how everyone talked bad about Alyssa after he was eliminated. Roxxxy and Coco are rotten. They tried to bias the other contestants against Alyssa from day one. Alaska won the mini challenge. Sharon revealed in a recent interview that he cycles 10 miles a day. Maybe Sharon and Alaska cycle together. Anyway, it was pathetic that grown men couldn't even do one sit-up in good form. Every season except All-Stars the show has done a makeover episode near the end. This one is probably the best because no one was truly horrible. Roxxxy did a good job. Alaska makes his own wigs. Why do they always turn out lopsided? Coco's makeup was off around the eyebrows. It made him look like a caveman. After last week's phenomenal lip sync performance this week's was a let down. I thought Coco did a better job. However, there was no way Ru could keep Coco when he's been in the bottom 4 times out of 11. Coco will always atleast match his lip sync opponent's performance, he rises to the occassion. Detox should kiss Ru's hand for letting him get this far in the competition by giving so little of what he can do.
On "My Crazy Obsession," last week, in the episode with Eric Ducharme, the merman, a picture of Michelle Visage with red hair flashes on screen 5 minutes into the show.
Morgan McMichaels was on "Tabatha Takes Over" last night. He impersonated Tabatha. It was funny and spot on.
- I like that Alaska's wigs are lopsided and ridiculous. If spooky is Sharon's aesthetic, then trashy is Alaska's aesthetic, and she makes it work for her.
While I hate Coco, she is undeniably an outstanding lipsyncher.
- Alaska is not an illusionist with a hundred looks. She's a character with a signature look that has variations. I know that doesn't play to the rigors of the show, but it really works for her as a performer.
- [quote]Anyway, it was pathetic that grown men couldn't even do one sit-up in good form.
Impossible to make that assessment with certainty, what with the heavily edited exercise montage.
- CoCo's drag queen looked like Lil Kim after the surgery. Just terrible.
- alphagirl, is this who you were thinking of?
- I'm so ready for Roxxy to be voted off. In one week, she went from collapsing in tears on stage for sympathy to arrogantly telling Jinxx that she should fear her because she was going to win.
Monday's episode should be interesting. As soon as Coco was voted off (thank the lord), I couldn't help but feel sorry for the shit Alaskatox is going to throw at Jinxx. A producer's dream come true: the frontrunner against the Mean Girls.
- So true R240, except I think that Alaska is now identifying more with Jinx than with Detox and Roxxy. Roxxy did a good job last week because the main challenge involved doing someone up like yourself and she succeeded. She still has no discernible talent.
Detox? She does what she's supposed to do but for the most part, has very little effect. She's just kind of flat.
And you bitches are cracking me up about Michelle Visage. She was loving that lip sync, wasn't she?
- Which contestant will Michelle eat?
Two (Hamburgers) To Make It Right
- Which way does Michelle swing?
- [quote]Which way does Michelle swing?
She is currently married to a man.
- I don't understand why Detox is still around - Just not likeable - and so strange looking - Seems like she is sliding by in the middle. Didn't really like Coco but thought her lip synch was better - Love Jinx but those other bitches are out to get her - Not sure what constitutes a drag superstar these days - The times of Lady Bunny and Rupaul are over.
- Do you know that ...
It takes two servings to make a meal go right.
It takes two servings to make it out of sight.
- Me so hungry, me lunch for long time.
- [quote]Do you know that ...
We heard you the other 6 times, gurl.
- I found an old Seduction interview where Michelle talks about her Broadway credits (starts at 1:50). I looked her up on IBDB and there's nothing about it, even under her old name. Was she a Broadway dancer like Dina Lohan was a Rockette?
Also, I can see why Madonna sued her. She sounds like she's aping Madonna's vocal inflections as well as the dye job. I wonder how RuPaul feels about Madonna.
- Alyssa Edwards is getting her own spin-off!
On Twitter, someone asked RuPaul why he brought Alyssa with him to the MTV awards, and Ru replied that he's the Executive Producer of Alyssa's new spin-off show.
- It amazes how some of the Drag Race "losers" are also the most successful ones: Shangela, Willam, Alyssa Edwards . . .
The Empress Carlota
- R250 I saw the pictures of them on the red carpet of the MTV Movie Awards. I didn't think much of it. Well, I'm excited now. I wonder what type of show it will be and when it's coming out. Here I was worried Ru would forget about Alyssa and not bring him back for Drag U.
Watch as Willam get singer Ciara into an awkward situation. Watch from 14:25 to 14:45 into the video.
- [quote]She is currently married to a man.
Oscar Meyer or Papa John?
- Wow, now I'm actually thinking that Jinxx might win!
Hate that fatso, Roxxxy.
- Roxxxy was especially cunty tonight. Bitch thinks she's got the title all in the bag, but Jinkx or the dreaded Alaska could take it.
- Roxxxy is almost to PhiPhi levels of awfulness. She's just so completely unpleasant. Her puppet thing was all cunt, no funny. "Editing," she says on Twitter...
- I thought that I couldn't loathe Roxxy any more until tonight. Bitch, get over your ugly ass! The fact that that talent-free fattie is in the final three is proof of the very low bar of this season. And I cannot believe that the judges didn't call her out for yet ANOTHER cape look reveal to a short dress.
- This season is such a snooze-fest that I completely stopped watching the show weeks ago. The fact that they were so desperate for contestants that they had to give in and finally accept bottom of the barrel Alaska signaled that this season wasn't going to be PRETTY and neither were the contestants. They look like a bunch of butch queen (not quite) realness with a twist rejects.
-1.5s across the board
- I liked the way Michelle kept calling the clique "Rolodex."
- Someone needs to tell Roxxxy she ain't black!!!
- Does the show let them know what the LSFYL song is going to be ahead of time? I was wondering because Jinxy killed her lip synch and it's not that common of a song.
- Yes, they're told the day before. If someone doesn't know the lyrics it's because they didn't bother to learn them.
- Yes, R261 -- they know in advance. Some of them choose not to spend too much time learning it because they don't think they'll be in the bottom, and then suffer for it...
- Roxxxy was an evil fat black cunt last night. I hope her mother shows up for the reunion show and laughs about leaving her fat ass at the bus stop.
- That Roxxy has some Nerve calling Jinkx lucky. Had it not been for the double elimination earlier in the season, Alyssa would've sent her home wrapped in a cape.
- "My girls are sassy not bitchy". Sayeth Ru. I'm surprised Roxxxy is playing the cunt card if not for post show longevity. Audiences will pay to see the sweetheart, the edgy, or the diva. There's not a big audience for the mean girl. How many events does Phi Phi book?
- Roxxxy's new nickname at TWOP is "Boxxxy Mandrews."
- Roxxy claiming it's all editing is bullshit. She said all that stuff about Jinkx and gave the editors plenty to work with. She looks like a slimy canned ham in fishnets.
Jinkx has won challenged with acting and singing in them and she's obviously a great performer. Roxxy can make cute costume and therefore thinks she deserves to win? Anyone can buy a costume, not everyone can sing live.
Can Roxxy do anything but walk? I can't wait to see the look on her face when Jinkx wins and she comes in a distant third.
- What they said in the illusions lounge is true, the challenges for the most part played to Jinxx's strengths but somehow she managed to stay safe even though the judges just about every week had negative critique of her runway. It did seem like they gave her a pass because they wanted her to get far. She is very talented as a performer I just wish the casting had been half and half, half pageanty type queens and half performer queens or all performer types.
- Can't. Stand. Roxxy
- I think that was only the 2nd time in all these seasons that I'd never heard of the song they lip synched to.
The first time was when Pam Tillis was a guest judge and they used some record of hers that I didn't know.
- I love when Roxxxy says that Jinkx will suffer in a fashion challenge, AS IF Roxxxy's outfits are so innovative and groundbreaking. They're off the rack Florida mall outfits at BEST.
- LaToya wants her nose back, Roxxxy!
ham in a cape
- I hope Roxxxy comes in third, just so she can experience such a nothing moment, and her elimination will have no effect whatsoever.
- It's a good thing that Roxxxy can sew since most stores don't carry her size.
- Roxxxy is such a whore. Try and blame it on the editing, bitch. We know better. You just know that at the reunion finale, Roxxxy is going to be all "Jinxx knows that I love her and respect her type of drag. We're friendly and it is just a competition". Back to the bus stop for you, cuntie.
- Who's even going to want to see her shows now?
- Jinkx wiped the floor with Detox during the final lip sync. It wasn't even close.
- Detox and the fag girl are CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!
- The LSFYL was Yma Sumac, right? A local drag queen does that number all the time.
- Watching Untucked makes me THRILLED that Detox got sent home. Anything that pisses off Roxxxy makes me hap-hap-happy.
At least Alaska is being honest about why everyone wants Jinxx gone.
Detox gone ? Roxxxy pissed ?? Me THRILLED.
- From Roxxy's FB page.
Let's hope she doesn't win. She wouldn't be able to read the signs at the airport and she'd miss all her flights.
[quote]ok let me address the issues of last nights episode…ALL TEA ALL SHADE!
[quote]just so thats its out there and cause there is no explanation. if u feel like reading this than read. if not then i cant make you.
[quote]did i say all the things on last nights episode YES! I am a pageant girl who is NOT new to competition. IT CAN GET VERY UGLY! We were so stressed and i let every little thing bother me and needed to shut the hell up. Im not going to make EXCUSES! the things i said and did WERE on the verge of BULLYING and just plain out HORRIBLE. Jinkx was my BIGGEST competition and scared the SHIT out of ME and it kills me that i would have done her the way i did. NO ONE DESERVES THAT! im NOT looking for sympathy nor anyone to feel bad for me. for the people who know me and have met me know exactly how against that i am and how much i go out of my way for people. i am a true believer of actions speak louder than words. Jinkx is an amazing person inside and out and is the exact opposite of me but JUST AS GOOD BABY! she was someone i never saw as a threat from as close minded as i was back then and ended up my BIGGEST competition! In life we learn a lot of lessons through experiences and i learned so much! we all have growing up to do and make MANY mistakes. some of mine just happen to be on national television. if i lost you as a fan i APOLOGIZE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! for i would have lost MYSELF as a fan from watching that last night. But i will do whatever it takes to prove to u all that im NOT that person! We all make mistakes.
[quote]SO LET ME ANSWER ALL THE PEOPLES QUESTIONS….
Am i blaming editing? NO because i had to say those things at some point… BUT, they Can put it anywhere they want in the show. regardless of what episode i actually said it in.
[quote] am i ashamed of my actions? ABSOLUTELY!
To some it up before its said again and again … IM NOT asking for everyone to read this and forgive me… but i do want you to know how bad i feel and ashamed i am. un like other queens im being compared to i DO have a heart and my actions were NOTTTT in the right whatsoever!
[quote] i love u all and may god help me continue to learn from my mistakes and help me be a better person that what i saw last night.
[quote]love u all
- Is it just my imagination, or has Roxxxy gotten fatter as the season has progressed? Last night she looked huge in the workroom.
- I've had it, unofficially! The choreography every year gets simpler. This year's was almost as simple as season one when the runway was so much smaller and they barely had room to move. They really should not dumb it down. They looked great in those shiny bathing suits. I think they all missed the mark in producing things that would relate to candy. I would have picked Roxxxy as the winner even though we've seen similar looks from him before. I would have put Alaska and Jinx in the bottom two.
R283 Yes, it looks like Roxxxy gained weight since the start of the show.
Detox was on Elimination Lunch on Logotv.com today. He spilled the T. You should watch. Anyway, he said he didn't have time to prepare for Drag Race because he was on tour with Willam and Vicki Vox promoting their music. He was disappointed in himself knowing he didn't perform to his standards and if there is another All-Stars season he wants to be on it and will be prepared for it. I've noticed from drag queens this season if they performed poorly they think they will do better with another shot. They should look at the regular seasons of Drag Race as their one shot. You get only one shot to make a first impression. I was disappointed in Detox for much of the season. There were several challenges that were right in his wheelhouse that he bombed at like the singing challenge. He also was too cunty on the show and not his usual fun self we see in live shows.
- I think Roxxxy is just trying to backtrack now because she still thinks she has a shot at the crown. What she fails to realize is that she's getting the villain edit now to make the Jinkx victory that much more fulfilling.
That's the only reason why Phi Phi got as far as she did last season.
- HA ...this from Roxxxy's Facebook post:
.... but i do want you to know how bad i feel and ashamed i am. unlike other queens im being compared to i DO have a heart and my actions were NOTTTT in the right whatsoever!
Gurl, why didn't you just say Phi Phi's name ?
- I hope they show Coco's reaction at the reunion show to the news that RuPaul is taking Alyssa under his wing and getting a show out there for her.
Second runner up once again, Miss Coco. HA.
- Alyssa does have the perfect personality for a fly-on-the-wall reality show. Not surprising that Ru would scoop her up for that.
Too bad there's not a market for World's Most Irrational Bitch. Coco and Roxxxy could costar.
- Alyssa is everything. Cannot wait to see what they're developing for her. I hope it's better than Drag U.
Even during her throwaway moments (like the crying mini-challenge when she played the wife of a sex addict), I was screaming.
Oh. Go Jinkx.
- So Detox is blaming not having time from a tour for her shitty hot glue neon outfit last night? Or her terrible lip sync? Ok...
- Roxxy is full of shit. The competition didn't turn her cunty. It just brought it out full force. Other contestants are under the same stress and they don't sink to the level of that vile sow.
- Out of curiosity I was looking at some of Phi Phi's YouTube vids this past week. Basically every one was in the red on the like/dislike scale, and people were going off in the comments too.
Roxxxy's gonna get it.
- I love Alyssa, especially when she was out of drag wearing those bug eye glasses. Of all the queens, she and Raven have been my favorites.
- My favorite reply to Roxxxy's Facebook mea culpa:
"Serena said to read books not write one."
- For Roxxy to be saying that they took things from elsewhere in the season to give her the villain edit is BS. She was throwing ten times the shade on "Untucked" when she was sitting there in her costume. I'm glad she's learned something from it, but don't act like it was a one time thing dropped in from the early days of the competition.
- I agree that Alyssa has the perfect disposition for a reality show. Out of drag he is just awkward and clueless enough for viewers to identify with him, and then she transforms into such a fierce and commanding performer onstage. The goofball/glamazon contrast is interesting.
Sort of like "Here Comes Hunty Boo Boo." Heh. Can't wait.
- [quote]Alyssa is everything. Cannot wait to see what they're developing for her.
It's going to be a show about her dancing studio.
[quote]For Roxxy to be saying that they took things from elsewhere in the season to give her the villain edit is BS. She was throwing ten times the shade on "Untucked" when she was sitting there in her costume.
Exactly! Both Roxxy at Detox were utter CUNTS when they were together during Untucked. It was so shady, it was 15 degrees cooler in that room. Unless there was some major splicing of words to form sentences neither of them said, it was all pointless bitchery.
- Roxxy got lucky. I hate that the last two challenges have basically been sewing categories because she may be a loud talentless ham hock, but she can sew. That's the only way she made it into the top three. Her puppet act, like her roast, was just mean. She's not funny, just a bitch.
- Roxxy blaming editing is ridiculous.
The only editing questions I have are;
Did Alaska join in on the Jinkx hate, defend her, or stay out of it (like they showed)?
Does Jinkx ever successfully defend herself, attack the other girls, or ineffectively hem and haw (like they showed)?
- Yeah, R299, I would love to get a peek at the unedited footage.
I'd also like to see the "talking head" segments in chronological order. Seems to me they chop them up and run them way out of sequence.
Oh, and RoXXXLy needs to be put down already. Nastyass heifer.
- It must be editing because whenever Roxxxy says something bitchy about Jinkx they immediately edit it so she's looking at the ground like you said hemming and hawing. I'm sure she defends herself
- I can't remember exactly what it was but Roxxxy said something SUPER bitchy and Alaska said "Girl!?" in a real weasely way of defending Jinx. I don't know why Alaska aligned herself with them to begin with. She clearly had more in common with Jinkx's sensibility.
I'll be pissed if Jinkx doesn't win. But, yes, she does need to get a little fiercer when attacked. You'd think she'd be on some methy type of Rx for her narcolepsy and just go all Canadian cannibal on the bus with them.
She has the wit, I'm not sure why she doesn't use it. She's probably just shocked that they're such assholes and comes up with a million retorts lying in bed, later that night. I bet she gets off some good ones during the reunion show.
- I think Jinkx is so used to being an underdog and a "weirdo", that her default defense mechanism is to ignore rather than engage.
- BLAME THAT MANISH FUG RAJA, BIG FAT TUB OF GOO DELTA, AND THAT CUM GUZZLER WHORE MANILA FOR STARTING THE MEAN GIRLS CLUB.
BOXXXY AND DETOX SHOULD JOIN THEM.
- If Boxxy truly felt that she is as fierce as she blabbers about, then someone like Jinkx wouldn't even be on her radar and would not get under her skin like she clearly does.
As for Jinkx not defending herself, she is probably unused to the epic cuntiness that the pageant girls can bring and wisely chooses not to wallow in it with them. I'm half expecting Boxxy and Toxic to show up in some LIfetime movie about mean drag queens driving some poor girl to suicide with their bullying.
- Roxxxy, Detox, and Coco has been much crueler than the Heathers ever were.
I've also wondered how Rolaskatox ended up becoming a thing. Roxxxy spent all season talking shit about comedy queens, yet Alaska is just as much a comedy queen as Jinkx is.
- True R306, but Alaska's boyfriend is a winnuh!
- I've always thought that Roxxy and Detox only befriended Alaska because of her connection with Sharon.
- True, she's a little slip of a thing who grew up with an alcoholic mom, probably more used to trying to put out fires than fan their flames. Roxxxy is an intimidating old slag. "If you hit me I'll hit you right back upside your head." Whatever fatty.
- Yes, what R308 said and with that horrible jaw vibration (that Jinkx made fun of so effectively in her lipsync) and weird looks, Detox IS a comedy queen. Without the humor.
- Are they doing a reunion show in front of a live audience like they did last year?
- I've missed many episodes but I do have them on my DVR ready go. Are you gurls and gals saying that Alaska, Roxxy, and Detox are cuntier than the super-duper cunt Raven, the uber cunt Phi Phi, that stealth cunt Raja, the hefty cunt Delta Work, and the queen of all shady cunts Sonique? I'm not sure that's possible.
- Unlike in past seasons where there's just one incredibly stupid and mean queen, this season we had to endure both Coco and Roxxy. They're both ignorant and if anything makes them feel stupid, they immediately lash out. I was so longing for a cue card challenge this season just to expose them for the dummies they are.
When they were rehearsing and Roxxy was such a bitch to Jinxx I wanted to take that lollipop and smack the smirk off her hideous face.
R312, who was Sonique and why was she such a bitch? I barely remember her.
- Delta and Stacy Lane always leave each other funny facebook messages on each other's walls. It looks like they've buried the hatchet (must've taken a couple wacks to get through all the fat though).
I heard a rumor that there possibly might be a bad girl's edition of all star's. Not too long ago they actually all performed at a club.
- Sonique was from Season 2 -- I didn't start watching until Season 3, though, so had no idea she was a mean girl. (She was the first contestant to come out as trans, post-season.)
- FWIW Jackie Beat- who is awesome- says Detox is not a bitch at all but rather an amazing Queen but for whatever reason she did not bring it....All I know is team Jinx all the way....when she performs ( little edie, her lipsync,etc) she really ia amazing
- Sonique had permanent stink face and she was mean and bitchy for no reason. At the reunion she blamed it on not being happy with who she was, her gender.
- I want Jinxx to win; and Alaska to get first runner up. And Roxxy gets kicked to the curb.
- Then there are the stupid ones who say stupid things and then don't have the sophistication to defend themselves from the collective fallout: Jiggly, Tatiana, Mimi, Serena and Shangela (who, along with Coco and Willam, I'm sure was a hired professional planted to instigate).
- [quote]Sonique had permanent stink face and she was mean and bitchy for no reason.
I always remember Sonique's comment that Sahara Davenport's frenzied ballet jumping LSFYL against Shangela looked like "Mortal Kombat."
- This show makes me embarrassed to be a homosexual. Whenever I see so much as a clip from it, I want to curl up and die. Humiliating.
- Poor R321. Though I hate Roxxy I must admit I am impressed with her ability to mold all of her girth into an hourglass figure.
- America's Next Drag Superstar better be able to say the word "sequined."
- Jinx had the best LSFY I've ever seen in the history of RDR
- Roxxxy is just a nasty bully.
That being said, the show has had nasty bullies in the past. But at least, in some cases, like Raven, they were kind of funny in the way they did it.
Roxxxy just makes me wanna punch her in the face. Plus one can clearly see that in her case, the dislike for Jinkx was such, that she was prepared to get physical on her.
Whereas the other bullies, were kind of only mean girls, they didn't choose only one specific victim, but jumped from one to the other.
Phi Phi was not a bully, but a sociopath.
- I really have an issue with Roxxxy threatening to Jinx to her face to punch her in the face if she accidently hit her with the lollipop during rehearsal. That was not cool. I hope RuPaul or someone call her out for that at the reunion.
- Exactly, R325. Never has a reality show sob story been more true than when Phi Phi talked about her abusive father. She's a classic example of the cyclical nature of abuse. She was abused, so now she's going to abuse everyone around her. Hopefully she'll never start a family of her own or the cycle will just continue.
- R326, that bothered me too. I don't get why RuPaul didn't call her on that on the runway. She must have been aware of it.
Not having seen UNTUCKED, I have to say I wasn't surprised that Detox didn't respond go Roxxy's behavior towards Jinx, but Alaska's continuing alliance with Rolodex is disappointing.
- r328, to Alaska's credit, if I remember correctly, she was sitting next to Jinx through most of Untucked and even she at one point told Roxxxy to back it up. I'm hoping that 1. Jinx wins and if she does, 2. she will read Roxxxy at the reunion the same way that Tatiana TOTALLY rightly read Raven at the second season reunion for all the crap she took from her. It shut Raven down. Then again, Roxxxy, being the fat cunt bully that she is, will probably apologize to Jinx at the reunion to save face.
- Jinkx is defending Alaska and Detox on Twitter. It seems that many of the viewers have been posting negative messages to the two of them and Jinkx posted the following:
"The hateful things being said to @TheOnlyDetox and @RoxxxyAndrews needs to stop. They are good people, let the past be #wateroffaducksback"
- [quote]I think Jinkx is so used to being an underdog and a "weirdo",
But she's a redhead, and who ever heard of a red weirdo?!
- Sorry, I meant Roxxy and Detox.
- Detox on jinkx:
"I want to say that Jinkx never sat back and let anyone attack her. She was always very upfront about sticking up for herself and representing herself in a good light. The fact that they didn’t show any of that is shocking to me. It makes her look weak, and she never was. She was always self-assured and headstrong, and I love that about Jinkx."
Glad to know she does actually defend herself. Wish they would show this.
- The edit would be more interesting if they waited to show Jinkx sticking up for herself after a few episodes of "taking it." More character development that way. The mouse that roared and all that...
- In every one of her confessionals, Jinxx presents herself as fairly confident in her drag and herself. It doesn't surprise me at all. But she also recognizes that her difference from other drag queens is also identified in her own community in Seattle. I think that *is* her personality. Jinxx identifies as 'the outsider' in the competition and the real world. So their edit of her is understandable. In Untucked and in the work room, I think she *has* stood up for herself, without having an outright Coco outburst.
- I was the victim of unfair editing, too!
Coco, in orange face make up
- please, please, please---- let someone use the phrase 'thrown under the bus' and then apologize to Boxxxy.
- Either Jinkx or Alaska winning will be fine with me.
Alaska has really surprised me this season, I was really expecting a poor copy-cat of Sharon Needles, when in reality she is very different and very talented as well.
Whereas Sharon Needles is unique in a certain way, Alaska is a very talented actress. She made the sixteen year old girl perfectly.
- Her Red for Filth ad was Hilarious!
- [quote]*shriek* what they do in Peru...
Has been playing incessantly in my brain all week. It doesn't help that I've replayed Jinkx's excellent performance a million times.
- Ha! R331! Hilarious...........
- Lady Bunny many years ago performed to the Jinx vs. Detox lip sync song.
- God I really hope Jinkx or Alaska wins!
Please, Baby Jesus!!
- They will NOT give it to Roxxxy. I'd like Jinkx to win, but I'd be fine with Alaska. Love 'em both.
WTF with Roxxxy thinking those courtroom scenes were supposed to be serious? She truly has no sense of humor.
- Please not Roxxxy! Yes as R344 said, Roxxxy truly does lack a sense of humor -- and also, basic reading comprehension skills. If you could read that courtroom script, including the "submit my briefs" bit, and not think it was supposed to be funny, you really must be dumb as a box of Roxxxy!
Alyssa, like Roxxxy, didn't do well in the acting challenges, but she did reveal a sense of humor in the "behind the scenes" part of the show, when she was just being herself. Roxxxy, not so much.
Jinkx is clearly the most talented of these queens -- she has true performance brilliance and star quality. She deserves to win. Alaska is also a very talented queen and I could live with her being crowned. But she's been more erratic than Jinkx, and is not quite playing at Jinkx's level as a performer.
Roxxxy lacks the talent of the other two and as we've seen tonight, she's also a nasty, bullying bitch. This is in contrast to Jinkx, who is a sweetie and a class act.
Looking forward to the look on Roxxxy's face when she discovers she's placed a distant third when they announce the results in the two weeks.
- Hearing Roxxxy talk about how the courtroom scene had to be serious and it was not supposed to be funny at all, I come to understand that HE does not understand what makes good drag: face: sure, outfits: of course, attitude: with out a doubt, but a large part of drag is camp, a sense of fun, outrageousness, being able to read the audience and working with what they're giving you in return.
I truly see now that all he thinks drag is is getting all pretty and dressed-up and parading up and down a runway, lip-synching to some song.
That's not really entertaining for any length of time.
- All the big stars are weighing in on Twitter with opinions!
[quote]Sally Jessy Raphael: I'm sticking with @Alaska5000 but I think @JinkxMonsoon will win.
[quote]Donnie Wahlberg: #dragrace #teamjinkx
- Aww, I love Donnie Wahlberg, and his show.
- I have to give it to Roxxy for her unwavering sense that she somehow deserves to win, despite not bringing anything new, fresh or original to the competition. She's mastered being a cunt, but that's it. Being fat doesn't mean you deserve to win.
- What is the drag pageant stuff all about? I've seen drag queens perform in bars, and on Drag Race, but I've never even heard of a pageant (not being from a large metropolitan area with a large gay population). Are they just regular beauty pageants featuring drag queens, or what? Do some queens only do pageants but not generally perform?
- Why are we supposed to believe that Roxxy's makeup is good?
- What does "Peanut Butter" mean?
Do I have to look up the song lyrics to find out? I might be too busy walking children in nature.
- I'm changing my vote from Jinkx to Alaska.
Jinkx is sweet and heartwarming, and she definitely has theatrical talent for days, but at the end of the day, if I'm going to a drag show to be entertained, I'll spend my money on Alaska.
Jinkx is too PG-13 for my taste. I prefer Alaska's darker, more R-rated form of humor.
- Jinkx Monsoon sings live, performing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables as Little Edie.
- Roxxy sucks, and not in a good way. I don't care who wins as long as it's not this bitch.
- [quote]Hearing Roxxxy talk about how the courtroom scene had to be serious and it was not supposed to be funny at all, I come to understand that HE does not understand what makes good drag: face: sure, outfits: of course, attitude: with out a doubt, but a large part of drag is camp, a sense of fun, outrageousness, being able to read the audience and working with what they're giving you in return.
Yep. Someone needs to remember a drag queen without camp is really just a tranvestite.
- Boxxxy Mandrews pictures a captivating stage show where it's just her, a sewing machine and bolts of fabric.
Get your tickets early, I smell a sell out.
Does this heffa really think sewing skills are necessary for a drag show? Back to the bus stop for her!
- [quote]What is the drag pageant stuff all about? I've seen drag queens perform in bars, and on Drag Race, but I've never even heard of a pageant (not being from a large metropolitan area with a large gay population). Are they just regular beauty pageants featuring drag queens, or what?
Pretty much. There's a whole national organization, Miss Gay America, with regional/state/local feeder pageants. It's a Very Big Deal in places like Dallas and Memphis. It's all about "beauty" and conventional female illusion, not so much about camp.
- Another vote for Alaska here, now that we've heard her bust out the real stage presence and seen her lip-sync.
- The funny thing is Roxxxy (3x's for her dress size)Andrews is always talking about how she's a pageant queen yet I find it hard to believe any pageant would have that sweaty cow on thier stage.
- I wonder what Roxxxy's stage act consists of? Does she just model different bodysuits and pose? Yawn.
I would actually pay to see Jinkx and Alaska.
- I just yawned thru some Youtube vids of the top 3 ....Jinx doing "here's to th Ladies who Drag"....alaska doing " Alone" in a crazy big white dress number...the two camping through live singing " Cabaret"....all awesome!....Roxxy had one yawn fesy lipsynch after another....really she is worse than Fifi ever was .....
- [quote]Does she just model different bodysuits and pose?
No. She comes out covered and does a "reveal" first. There's a market for that, but it lasts one, maybe two seasons tops.
- Is Alaska really an interesting performer? I find her likeable, but what does she do during a show?
- She whips her dick back and forth.
- [quote]There's a whole national organization, Miss Gay America, with regional/state/local feeder pageants. It's a Very Big Deal in places like Dallas and Memphis. It's all about "beauty" and conventional female illusion, not so much about camp.
Rounding out the "Big Three" are Miss Gay USofA and Miss Continental. Miss Gay America is exclusively for non-transgendered drag performers. Miss Continental and Miss Gay USofA require only that contestants haven't undergone sex-reassignment surgery -- most Continental winners have been transwomen (ex: Candis Cayne), while USofA has a pretty even mix of T-girls and "boy queens."
Roxxxy is a former Miss Continental Plus, while Alyssa is a former Miss USofA (it was her first major pageant title).
- Boxxxy = CUNT
- It makes me wonder if Roxxy even watched past seasons of RPDR. This season seems to be no different in any of the challenges that past ones. It's laughable how he and Detox tried to make the case that this season was rigged in Jinkx favor.
Oh, and don't forget, R361 & R363, his AMAZING spot-on impression of Tamar Braxton.
- I think Alaska is actually the best of the three - Roxxxxxxxxxxy is a great pagent gurl but her act of being an asshole, then saying JK gurl I love you when people are watching is kind of old. JinKxsS is quirky but kinda of one note. Alaska can do comedy and be a beauty girl.
- I missed last week's UNTUCKED R368, when did Boxxy and Detox say the season was rigged?
Boxxy has a lot of nerve. If she didn't have two sewing challenges in a row, she would have been sent packing.
- Roxxy should've gone home the week that she and Alyssa were both spared after LSFYL. Alyssa should've been the one staying that week.
- RoXXXLy has nothing to offer that a myriad of local drag queens don't already. Pretty face? Debatable. That pixie nose is hideous and the rest is very Univision talk show hostess. The outfits? Maybe if she changed it up once in a while. Bathing suit + cape EVERY DAMN TIME does not a fashionista make. I'd rather see someone like Alaska/Jinkx push the envelope and fail than RoXXXLy in yet another version of the same look. And drag is supposed to be fun and campy. Pure female impressionism doesn't interest me.
- Roxxxy Andrews is stupid....in a more breath-taking and different way than Coco is stupid.
And that's too bad, because Roxxxy is kind of hot as a guy to some of us.
Well as Phi Phi says:
I needed new curtains anywayz.
- To R370:
Roxxy and Detox first had a discussion at the beginning of the show, complaining about the fact that Jinkx was still in the running. They then joined Alaska and Jinkx and told her that the reason she was still there was pure luck; that the last challenges were comedic which were designed to push Jinkx to the finals. Actually, I believe Roxxy said that they worked for both Jinkx and Alaska. Jinkx tried to defend herself by saying that she did well in the last 8 challenges, but every time she pointed this out, Roxxy rudely responded that it was all luck, not talent.
- Thanks Mia, R374. So Roxxy's not only a stupid queen but also delusional. If anyone has had luck on her side, it's Roxxy.
Does anyone go to other forums for this show? I'm curious to see what other fans think of Boxxy.
- She's nearly-universally hated at TWoP and Reddit, too.
- Was there a new Untucked last night?
- Ivy is winning in the Miss Congeniality likes of Facebook so far.
- Pageant Queenery died out years ago. It's all about comedy, camp and avant-garde today. Roxxxy's tired Pageant Queenery is like a contestant going on American Idol and singing nothing but showtunes.
- No, no Untucked at final 3.
- When I first came out, I used to enjoy the drag shows on Friday Nights - the drag queen would come out in an incredible costume, do a lip sync / dance performance (Or two), do some joking / razzing of the audience, and then introduce three or four strippers with more audience interaction in between.
It seems like drag queens like Roxxy think its all about standing around in women's clothes trying to be sassy - and playing dress up. That's 'serious' drag to her - while to many of us, it's just boring drag.
- This Queerty recap of last night is better than anything I've ever read on TWOP.
- Roxxy is useless. She's not even good enough to host a wet underwear contest.
- Ru's lunch with Roxxy was basically, "Hey girl, how's the weather?" while his lunch with with Alaska and Jinkx showed he really cared about them and was interested in who they were. Roxxy's going to realize she's was just kept around for the mean girl drama and it's going to hit her hard.
I do not understand how Roxxy and Coco thought the skits and commercials were supposed to be serious? It's a campy, crazy, funny show. How can you think otherwise? You have glitter on every inch of your body and you think it's serious? There is a difference between being professional and being serious. Future contestants, learn it.
That fake apology just raises the bar on fakeness. If you're going to be a cunt, just own it. Blergh, I hate her.
I'm fine with either Jinkx or Alaska winning, but I'd probably pay to see Jinkx before Alaska. She's incredibly talented and weird ass to boot. I love that kind of stuff.
- Detox not leaving a farewell note for Jinks was a shitty thing to do and really made me dislike her.
- [quote]Was there a new Untucked last night?
No r377, but on the preview for next week (the collection of stuff that was cut from the season) it looks like part of the episode will include some of the discussions of the Final 3 from the Illusions Lounge, which would normally be the Untucked episode.
- People are going for Roxxxy's throat on her facebook page after she posted an apology to Jinkx.
Roxxxy would fit in perfectly in Omaha, Nebraska were all the queens just stand and pose and think they look pretty. One queen up there thinks she is comedy and she most definitely is NOT. In Omaha they think comedy is anything not a power ballad where the queen will extend her arms to heaven on the high note.
- [quote]Someone needs to remember a drag queen without camp is really just a tranvestite.
Damn. Truer words...
- [quote]Does anyone go to other forums for this show? I'm curious to see what other fans think of Boxxy.
Lots of hate mail on her own facebook fan page! And she's delusional enough to think all the hate is good publicity ("The Queen on Everybody's Lips")
LOVED how Gloria Allred read her to pieces by telling her - after Roxxxy had delivered a particularly contrite, rehearsed answer to Allred's question - to can the stock pageant fluff.
- Gloria Allred would mop the floor with Roxxxy in a LSFYL.
- [quote]LOVED how Gloria Allred read her to pieces by telling her - after Roxxxy had delivered a particularly contrite, rehearsed answer to Allred's question - to can the stock pageant fluff.
When Roxxxy was throwing out all that tired shit about being a role model to kids, etc., I was thinking "Who the fuck does she think she is, the Florida Orange Queen?" Then old girl said just what I was thinking.
- The only pageant cliche missing from Roxxxy's repertoire (now that "world peace" has been retired) was a salute to inner beauty as a must complement to outer beauty. But I don't think even delusional Roxxxy herself could have kept a straight face through that one.
- Roxxxy is so out of her fucking element it'd be sad if she wasn't such a seething cunt. There is no humor or warmth. I love how they throw in shots of how pleased she is whenever the other ones get critiqued.
- I can see Alaska and Jinkx doing this, Mackie dresses and all.
- ^ I can see them doing this one, with Alaska as "Blossom Butterworth." (Ru has said this is her favorite Carol Burnett sketch.)
- OMG r395, it's one of my favorite sketches too and I haven't seen it since it ran because I did not remember enough of it to use a keyword search in You Tube. Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for the find.
- Roxxy real is clueless. I'd be embarrassed to show up at that reunion if I were her.
She totally blew that courtroom schtick ... because she can't be funny. The director obviously had it with her too. Does Roxxxy really think most people show up to watch pagaent girls be pretty ?? NO ... they show up at bars and shows to drink, watch funny talented queens PERFORM.
Roxxxy is a mess. And again showed her big bully side with her comment that her best time of the show was seeing Jinxx in the bottom two. She just can't helping bringing the cunty.
I'm fine with either Alaska or Jinxx winning, even though Alaska (to me) spent a lot of time just floating through ... I like her personality and humor.
- I'm hoping for Jinx to win, she seems so sweet. Not to mention that I can't overlook the fact that Alaska aligned herself with Rulaskatox.
- Alaska saved her best look for last - or what they might have thought was going to be last. She looked better than I'd seen her all season on that final runway.
She would have been the clear winner if they only based it on the final challenge and runway. Even her lip synch seemed the most eye catching.
But Jinx entertains me the most and has consistently all season. I'm hoping that she can still pull out some show stopping look for the finale so that there is no question that she can work the fabulous just like the other queens.
- I think Jinkx is probably poor. That's what keeps her looks from being amazing, it's not a taste level it's a money level thing. And it makes me love her even more.
- The only thing I can give Roxxxy credit for is that at least she'll say it to your face instead of backstabbing.
R400 I agree about Jinkx being poor is what's holding her back from competing at the same level on the runway as the rest of the queens. I hope she wins and can fully indulge in her glamour girls of the 40's.
- I think Jinkx will win, and I'm completely happy with that because I've loved her all season, but I think Alaska does have momentum on her side. She's been on a constant uphill line since half way through the season, and Jinkx has mostly been a straight line since she fixed her make up.
- Why does Alaska talk that way? Is it vocal fry?
- Questions, do all pageant girls behave similar to Roxy? Have there been pageant girls on the other seasons?
- Phi Phi and Coco also did pageants, so clearly be a psychotic cunt is not uncommon. Alexis Mateo is also a pageant girl, so I guess they're not all terrible. Just all boring.
- No and yes. Alexis Mateo was a pageant queen along with a few others.
- Victoria 'Porkchop' Parker...proud pageant queen.
Isn't Porkchop in that documentary "Pageant?" I haven't seen it recently, but Alyssa Edwards is in it.
- Even tho Jinkx is the fan favorite (and I would love if she wins it), I do think that Alaska deserves it.
Since she ¨broke¨ up that stupid clique, she had done consistently well (winning very important challenges, and being top 2 or 3 the rest). Plus, unlike Jinkx, she has pretty solid runway.
- Someone mentioned it before about Jinx's looks on the runway. I think it really does come down to having money to buy great clothes and fabric. She just needs a little cash and she'll be a 10.
- Sharon Needles is the guest bartender on Watch What Happens Live tonight. I'm just watching the start of it now, so I don't know if she does anything awesome.
- The problem I have with Jinkx is that I can see families with small children showing up to her performances and everything being just safe (not necessarily a bad thing I guess, but Meh).
Alaska has a darker edge to her drag that I find more intriguing. I am happy for her that she emerged from Sharon's shadow as her own unique, fully fleshed-out drag persona.
- [quote]Why does Alaska talk that way? Is it vocal fry?
nope - junkie voice. ask anyone who's been around addicts or worked at a rehab/detox.
- If the next challenge is a pie eating contest, then that crown belongs to Roxxxy.
It Takes Two (Servings) to Make a Meal Taste Right
- Alaska's comment about being scared of dying would make more sense if she had a serious drug problem... Otherwise, what physically healthy twentysomething has that on their mind?
- Now R412 is making me worry about Tim Gunn
- [quote]She just needs a little cash and she'll be a 10.
- Did she fix the nose and teeth?
- I just like that Jinkx's body goes well with drag naturally without looking like an overpadded freak with chicken legs, which is what happens to most of these queens who need to be skinny and small to look like women, but then want to give themselves feminine curves with excess padding, forgetting that their skinny boy legs make the curves look disproportionate. The only ones who look good in drag naturally tend to have ultra skinny arms, but thicker legs. In many instances, trained dancers.
Naturals: Alyssa, Beverly Hillz, Jinkx, Yara, Kenya, Carmen, Tatiana, Willam, and Roxxxy , who gets her curvature from girdling, not padding.
Freaky chicken legs with huge padded hips: Detox, Alaska, Coco, Ivy, Jessica Wilde, and I'm sorry to say, Chad Michaels and Lyneisha Sparxx.
RuPaul knows this and pads proportionately and flawlessly when showing legs.
- I'm always amazed at how beautiful Jinx can look as a woman when, as a man, he looks rather ick.
- I kinda suspect that Jinkx is trans. As a boy he seems uncomfortable in his skin.
- He seems uncomfortable when he's not "preforming." His lunch with Ru was great. He does seem like he could use some money. Reminds me of the queen from South Cackalacky a few years ago.
- Is this performance art, or just Michelle out of drag, and without autotune?
- For me, I would like Jinkx to win. Her Little Edie was priceless. But Alaska has grown on me. Roxxy, bitter pageant queen. Begone before a house falls on you.
- This is the strongest finish the show has ever had. Usually the show limps along in the final two regular season episodes. The show hit bottom with Snatch Game in episode five and has been going up ever since. The competitiveness has remained strong. Alaska KILLED the final challenge. He was so entertaining. I want to see more of Peg Hollis. Jinx did good too. Roxxxy looked flawless. The music video shoot is the most complex Ru has ever done on the show. Progressively the music videos were getting simpler from season one to season four (and All-Stars which wasn't a challenge). Last season the final three only danced. While in season one they did three different scenes involving acting and dancing. On the runway, Roxxxy had an amazing gown. I didn't like the hair though. Alaska saved his best for last. Jinkx was not up to par. It looked like a prom dress.
I think Jinkx is going to win. About half way into the season I saw the win going to him. It's possible Alaska could take second. He's finished strong.
R418 Detox doesn't pad. That is his silicon ass. Tyra Sanchez's padding is flawless and very tastefully done, the best the show has ever seen. I have to disagree with your assessment of Chad Michaels and Lineysha Sparx. I think they do great at padding. Jessica Wild has improved since he was on the show. Nobody wants to say it but Raven has been a chronic offender. Sharon Needles and Alaska pad the same way. I think they like that fake "it looks like I'm wearing a diaper" look. Latrice Royale does a good job.
- Alaska all the way. She really did listen and try to implement the criticism she was given and has given a strong performance throughout. Also contrary to most, I really don't like Jinxx. Yes she is funny but there is something about her I don't like, can't quite figure what it is exactly. Just a feeling.
- Sharon Needles and Alaska have gotten too hardcore in their live performances lately, and that has to worry Ru. Sharon didn't help matters last night on WWHL by joking about her meth habit, which seemed to turn off both Andy Cohen and guest Laura Linney. That's why I don't think Ru will pick Alaska, instead choosing the safer Jinkx.
- Alaska sucks compared to Jinkx. Her padding is horrible. Just stop you old methadone whore.
- [quote]Sharon didn't help matters last night on WWHL by joking about her meth habit
One of these days, one (or more) of these queens is gonna OD, and it's gonna cast a shadow over any future seasons of the show. Drag culture revolves almost exclusively around the bars and partying, but you never see that side of things mentioned on RPDR.
- [quote]one (or more) of these queens is gonna OD
It happened already.
- Jinkx' drag definitely looks a little cheaper than the others', though there seems to be a marked improvement since the show started airing.
- They like to say "This is not Rupaul's School for Girls," but they positively acknowledge the queens that learn and improve as they progress through the competition.
The judges commentary is about how the queens can fix the things that aren't as tight, and if they contestants listen and take that advice, of course it's like schooling.
But by the end the winner has got to demonstrate a decent level of polish - regardless of whether they had it at Week 1 (like a Chad Michaels) or absorbed it during the challenges.
- uhh why would Ru be bothered by Sharon joking about a meth habit. Her name is Sharon NEEDLES. Drug use and Drag Queens go hand in hand.
Jinks is good but gawd those teeth - she could saw through a tree trunk.
- Alaska has been turning it up and I'm OK with Alaska winning as Jinkx will have a career even without the crown. I didn't know she's a BFA graduate of Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle. Brendan Fraser and Merce Cunningham are alum. She doesn't play it up and it's an additional credit in rooting for her. Too many dumb queens in the past.
- If Alaska wins -
wouldn't she have to clean up her stage act a little bit?
I mean I'm no prude and it all good with me, but does RuPaul want someone representing the show that whips his cock out as part of his stage act and helicopters it?
Or maybe even more controversial - Sharon has sucked Alaska off (even though Alaska can't get it up) on stage as part of their combined stage show. Someone linked to it earlier in the thread for this season.
Actually maybe I just answered my own question. Ru gave Sharon the title and she participates in that show, so I guess it can't be looked on too negatively.
- Her name is Alaska Thunderfuck....you kind of know what you are getting.
- Sharon has gotten significantly darker and less likable since she won. I guess the success went to her head. I bet if Ru could do it over again, he would pick Chad Michaels as the winner.
- Chad also got significantly unlikeable after season 4. His entitled grande dame schtick on all stars was nauseating.
- What's the deal with RPDR doing shout-outs to Sally Jessy Raphael every week? Is World of Wonder trying to resurrect her talk show?
Alaska reminds me very much of Carol Burnett, and Jinkx Monsoon reminds me of Judy Garland. Love them both. Roxxxy Andrews does nothing for me, but I don't get all the Internet hate directed her way. If Jinkx isn't mad, then why should anybody else be mad on her behalf?
- New Kid Jonathan Knight wants Roxxy to win.
He's about the only person who does.
- Is Drag Race on tomorrow?
- I think it's just a clip show. Un-aired Untucked and regular show stuff.
- I heard the reunion is being filmed today. Why doesn't Logo promote it so fans can come? It is very secretive.
I would have a difficult time choosing a winner between Jinx and Roxxxy. Alaska has wildly surpassed my expectations. I think he's RDR's second biggest overachiever after Alexis Mateo. His act isn't as funny, endearing or varied as we've seen on the show. I think Jinx has great potential. He's already starred in stage productions. He has skills in creating an act. On the downside, his costumes look raggedy, almost as bad as Pandora Boxx's from season two and his makeup skills are poor. If he wants to get acting jobs in TV or movies he'll have to move to L.A. Roxxxy is fully formed in his style of drag. His makeup skills are great. His craftmanship with costumes is superb. In the Sugar Ball episode, he made an outfit out of liquorice and none of the liquorice fell off or ripped in half. On the downside, he has a sour personality. He has said it was just to get in competitor's heads but he's been negative the entire time.
- [quote]I heard the reunion is being filmed today. Why doesn't Logo promote it so fans can come? It is very secretive.
According to Wikipedia, they're taping the crowning on May 1.
Obviously no one would watch the finale on May 6 if the crowning ceremony were public -- it would be spoiled within moments. The only alternative would be to do it live, and you know the show is edited to death so that's never going to happen.
- So Sharon Needles continues her evolution into an insufferable cunt, and said in an interview that Jinkx is just a "cheap version" of what she does. All while singing Roxxxy's praises.
Jinkx, who normally seems to ignore all the negativity, even mentioned the interview on Facebook earlier.
- I don't think Sharon likes that Jinkx could unseat her as most popular drag racer. And she should feel threatened about that.
- It's going to be uncomfortable when Sharon puts the crown on Jinkx at the XL finale party.
- [quote]It's going to be uncomfortable when Sharon puts the crown on Jinkx at the XL finale party.
Has it ever been done like that (Past queen crowning the next)?
- R448 Yes. Last year, Raja crowned Sharon at XL Nightclub in NYC on finale night. Remember Sharon, Chad and Phi Phi were filmed being crowned at the reunion but only the winner would be shown on the show. So no one knew who won until it aired.
- I think it really should go to Alaska..she was just as funny as Jinks, and could pull of glamor like Roxxy. She never fell apart when criticized. Hell she should win alone for that last episode after Roxxxy said her favorite moment was when Jinks was in the bottom two and they get into it. Jinks turns to Alaska and says what was your favorite moment and she says "when you were in the bottom two" - lol classic.
- If Alazka wins, I am fine with that too.
Disappointed he bothered with 'Rolasktox' and thought for much of the same season his look was the same with different colored wigs .... but overall, Alaska has been likable all season like Jinxx.
- The main motivation for taping the finale the way they do is not having the winner leak, but avoiding any incidents with embittered queens who lost acting out live on TV.
- They're trying their hardest to rehabilitate Roxxy because of the final three drag queen tour. I wonder how many people are going to try to boo Roxxy off the stage.
- R453 Roxxxy will be fine as far as club gigs and costume jobs. He was at Voyeur Nightclub in Philadelphia a few days ago. He got a good response. You can see below from the link. His reputation from Drag Race will hamper his success in getting TV, movie, theater and photoshoot jobs. Phi Phi O'Hara wasn't asked to be on last season's Drag U or All-Stars or various other Drag Race-related projects. Even though I'm not a fan of his I think it's pretty rotten that he's been shut out of all these projects. BTW, Phi Phi was supposed to release his first music video in January to coincide with the season 5 premiere. It wasn't released. Then it was pushed to around the finale. I'm having doubts it will be released soon.
- [quote]So Sharon Needles continues her evolution into an insufferable cunt, and said in an interview that Jinkx is just a "cheap version" of what she does. All while singing Roxxxy's praises.
Let's see, who might this be? Absolutely no sense of cynicism, irony or sarcasm - check. Mean spirited - check. Consistent negative attitude - check. Ability to spell that heffa's name correctly - check.
All we're missing is 'left at the bus stop by it's mother'. Oh, BTW - that's a load of bullshit. Adoption agencies don't give out information like that - I'm surprised no one called the sow out on her lies.
- These are drag queens. They are supposed to be bitches.
Bodacious Ta Ta
- Seriously, people are blowing that Sharon shit out of proportion. Jinkx's fans are really annoying.
- Heidi Klum on "Project Runway" would say "One day you're in and the next day you're out." I'm surprised at the amount of negative blacklash Sharon has gotten because he was a fan favorite last season. Phi Phi must be reveling in this. Sharon makes a couple good points. I don't think Jinkx is a cheap version of Sharon though. Jinkx has done a few things like Sharon like the Little Eddie character which Sharon did last season for the magazine cover challenge. I do think Jinkx's skills are not up to par with any of the past winners. I have not like Jinkx's wimpering either. We can have differences and be critical of each other but at the end of the day we should want each other to do their best.
- Actually I think Jinkx is one of the most broadly talented (and employable) of the RDR contestants fromthe last few seasons.
Mainstream audiences don't care about "glamour" and pageantry; they want wit, comedic timing, and personality. Look at Shangela's success versus Raja.
- R459 has it exactly right.
- I don't want Alaska to win because he and Sharon will be even more insufferable. Success has really gone to Sharon's head. She's no longer anything like the quirky, likable character she created on Drag Race. Now she's just mean and bitchy. I fear Alaska will become even worse.
- A glamorous queen is great to look at -- for 60 seconds while you take in her style. Then what?
You need comedy, camp, personality, theatricality, if a queen is going to entertain you for more than a minute. If you've got glamour (or any inventive look) on top of that, you're aces.
- I'd like another shocker from Rupaul ... a TIE for America's Next Drag Queen .... between Jinxx and Alaska. Imagine Roxxxy's face if THAT happened.
- [quote] I'd like another shocker from Rupaul ... a TIE for America's Next Drag Queen .... between Jinxx and Alaska. Imagine Roxxxy's face if THAT happened.
She would explode into a mound of smoking peanut butter.
- RE: Sharon Needles on Watch What Happens Live.
Despite the fact that he has made his fortune off enabling trashy ladies and their antics, Andy Cohen has a distinct "not our kind, dear" frostiness when it comes to "the wrong sort of gays" (and Drag Race is pretty much proof positive that, with few exceptions, the gays who do drag are a bunch of tacky proles), so it's probably no surprise that he wasn't particularly disposed in Sharon's favor (even if Sharon is smarter than your average queen.)
That being said, I thought Sharon crashed and burned.
I'm not a Jinkx Monsoon super fan, but you know she'd have been able to at least get Laura Linney on side.
- In Sharon's defense, regarding WWHL, the bartender bit on that show is a terrible gig for a drag queen, so I don't know that it would have worked out well for any of Ru's gals -- though, yes, I'm sure Jinkx could have done a better job salvaging it.
A drag queen DEMANDS attention. That is their whole thing. They're not meant to be wallpaper. You can't put a drag queen behind a bar at the back of the set and then barely refer to her during the show, while you chat away with other guests. That is not a good fit. If you have a drag queen on your show, then the drag queen is your main guest. She'll misbehave and pull focus anyway, so there's just no point trying to get her to blend into the background.
- actually - Sharon was told she was going to be a guest on WWHL, then when she got there she was told it was the guest bartender. Andy seems to think he was doing Sharon a favor - when in fact she had a paying gig that she postponed because she thought she was going to be a guest. Because she did not behave like the trained monkey Andy wanted - he was pissy, Linney was sort of caught in the middle.
- I wish someone would upload this WWHL to YouTube. I've read about it all over the Internets. And while I generally struggle to watch anything as awkward as this sounds, I'd still like to see it for myself.
- It was slightly awkward, R468, but it was not the trainwreck people are making it out to be. I've never liked Andy Cohen, but I officially couldn't stand him after seeing this episode. He seemed so judgmental and treated Sharon like a freak, which was such hypocritical bullshit. He's made a career out of promoting bottom dwellers as stars, so long as they're bottom dwellers with money.
- the aftershow is on bravotv.com.
Sharon is asked one question - she gives some off the cuff advice but honestly if I had to stand there in front of three bags of lays potato chips listening to John Hickey and Laura Linney while Andy sucked their dicks on air I would be a bitch too.
- I feel like Cohen would be very litigious, r468. So, even if someone did upload it to Youtube, it would probably be taken down quickly for copyright infringement. If Cohen feel it reflects badly on him, it'll never see the light of day again.
- Is John Benjamin Hickey really more famous than Sharon Needles? They seem about evenly matched.
- I think Sharon made more money last year than Hickey. Fun fact - he and Cohen dated about 10 years back.
- Sharon was painfully unfunny on Countdown to the Crown.
- Sharon did great on Watch What Happens Live. He was as witty as he always is. Some audiences don't get drag, don't get passed it's a man in women's clothes to have fun. Lady Bunny was on the show before. Andy and Jerry O'Connell were actually going to see Lady Bunny's show later that night. They seemed into it.
Countdown to the Crown was the best recap episode they've produced. The funniest part was from the unaired Untucked. Roxxxy said pretty much anyone can do pageants. Alaska looked at Jinkx and said "Except us." This was after Roxxxy said they could never possess what he has.
- Team Jinkx, the guy is funny even without trying, everything he says is funny because of his voice. I think he could be a success as a mainstream comic character-actor. I do think Alaska is great, but he's overshadowed by Jinkx. Don't like the fat guy.
- Jinkx is nice but it annoys me that she's the "queen for fraus." Basically, all of the show's frau fans have latched onto her as their favorite, because she's a safe sweetie with a heart of gold or whatever. Basically, America's sweetheart a la Meg Ryan/Sandy Bullock. Don't get me wrong --- I will not discredit Jinkx because she does seem genuinely nice and has been a challenge-monster and has performance chops, but she's very green and thin-skinned. I do believe that much of her schtick is a lesser form of what Sharon Needles (a superior queen) has to offer.
Jinkx would get eaten alive doing one typical night of drag in L.A. or NYC.
- Will Alaska Thunderfuck change her name, once she becomes a mainstream star?
The Empress Carlota
- The fraus like YOU--no, the fraus like YOU, argument on Drag-race is getting lame. You have to have a real critique, or you just become TWOP with better spelling.
- Andy and Laura Linney only turned on Sharon after she started talking about blowing her prize money on meth. That's a no-no. It also didn't help that she wore a syringe around her neck as a necklace. Yes, I know her name is Sharon Needles, but you have to know your audience. Sharon has turned out to be a poor spokesperson for Ru and the gay community at large. Give me Latrice Royale and Chad Michaels over her any day of the week.
- Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see many parallels between Jinkx and Sharon Needles. To me, Jinkx is more akin to Tammie Brown, but not as kooky and bizarre.
- Whatever. I don't see Jinkx thriving in the drunken, bawdy environment of an L.A. or any major city drag show (yet). And let's face it --- show bookings are where queens (yes, even the excellent "famous" ones like Chad Michaels, Raven, Jujubee) get the majority of their money from. She cries at the drop of a hat, and if she thinks Roxxxy is being a cunt, can you imagine her alongside a drunken Raven? Drag, in general, is not kind to the thin-skinned.
- I don't think Jinkx, or any drag queen really, is restricted to just drag. Drag queens are basically actors, and they can act out of drag too, and often do. I think Jinkx could be successful as a comic actor, both in and out of drag.
- Alaska won't change her name - just go as Alaska on the marquee - fun fact - Alaska Thunderfuck is a kind of weed that is very potent also known as ATF.
- Jinkx is like an old vaudvillian in the 70s. Sharon is like a kid from Iowa who overly identified with Marilyn Manson. Jinkx is way more appealing, talented and original.
- Jinkx' environment is the theater stage more than clubs though. I'm thinking she's probably going to focus more on theater type shows(she's already booked for a part on Hairspray and has a couple of shows scheduled in NY for her vaudevillians character) instead of club gigs. She's been doing theater work for a while so she'll be fine. That said, she'd do fine with club gigs too. Just like Roxxxy has been heavily edited to appear a "bully," Jinkx has been edited to appear meek/naive/lacking confidence.
- What is up with the underwhelming NYC queens though? Aside from Manila, no other New York queen has represented impressively. There has to better talent there than Vivienne Pinay, Jiggly, Sahara (RIP)... The mean-girl LA queens however do bring the talent and drama.
- I generally watch RPDR online since I don't get Logo. Typically I skip Untucked, but I started watching the back eps last night. In the first one, Monica Beverly Hillz goes on at length about how kind Roxxxy was to her. She says she probably would have dropped out of the competition before the first runway walk if Roxxxy hadn't encouraged her.
So I'm debating whether Roxxxy did just suffer from a terrible edit, or if she was only nice to Monica because she wasn't a threat.
As far as Jinkx in clubs goes, I think she's definitely more suited to the stage, however I've checked out some of her club performances on YouTube and she can actually deliver. Just this past week she and several of the other top queens were in Philly at Mimi Imfurst's home club. Based on the vid I saw, it looked to me like she and Detox were the ones who tore the house down. I'll include a link.
- R489. Those are a pack of ratchet drag queens!
- WEHT Stacey Layne Matthews?
- Raja made her a heather and then she choked on a corn nut.
- Did anyone else think Alaska sang well in the music challenge? He got slammed hard by the judges on that challenge, but they didn't say anything about his singing. He's really the only one I took note of vocally, he's definitely good enough to put out an album like all the others.
- [quote]And let's face it --- show bookings are where queens (yes, even the excellent "famous" ones like Chad Michaels, Raven, Jujubee) get the majority of their money from.
Really? Nobody sent me that memo.
- [quote] even the excellent "famous" ones like Chad Michaels, Raven, Jujubee
Is that what passes for "famous" in the drag world these days?
- The finale was filmed last night with a studio audience. Does anybody have any scoop? Ru said they'd again be filming each of the finalists being crowned as the winner, but surely there's some other choice bits from the event...
- Stacy Layne Matthews is busy with club appearances and competed in Miss Continental Plus last month (Roxxxy is a former). She also came out as trans after her season.
- I didn't know Stacy came out as trans. So she joins Porkchop, Sonique, and Carmen Carrera. Monica was the only one honest about it while filming the show. Am I missing anyone?
If I had to guess who's next, it'd be Jade.
- When did Porkchop come out?
- I don't know that she ever did officially, but I watched some documentary a few years back on IFC about a trans beauty pageant in Las Vegas, and Porkchop was one of the contestants they profile.
I remember she says to another contestant at one point that she hadn't had the bottom surgery yet, but that she would.
And actually, I'm pretty sure that doc was filmed before RPDR ever started.
- Oh, the [italic]Trantasia[/italic] documentary. It's so odd that Porkchop did that pageant -- a couple of years later, she competed in Miss Gay America (the pageant that dethroned Alyssa), which bars trans contestants. (They've even been known to make contestants go the doctor and get tested for hormones and silicone!) She also appeared in [italic]Pageant,[/italic] a documentary about MGA.
- Okay, I disliked Detoxx but damn if this isn't a stunning look.
- Detox has already basically said she phoned it in for the show, as she'd just returned from a Chow Down At Chik-Fil-A tour when the season started. Shame. She's a talented bitch.
- Part 4 of the documentary on Jinkx -- Drag Becomes Him -- just went up on YouTube.
- That doesn't make any sense, R503. A performer gets the biggest platform they've ever had and they phone it in because they're exhausted? It sounds more like an excuse for being eliminated.
- Who decides the winner, the viewers or Ru?
- Ru decides so it's still anyone's game(except Roxxxy).
Jinkx is going to be presenting at the GLAAD media awards next week so it's becoming more and more likely that she is our winner.
- I can't really see anyone but Jinkx winning at this point.
Oh, and on the topic of trans contestants, Jiggly Caliente is also one. She was living as a woman full time when she was cast on the show.
- woman or women?
- And Alaska seems sort of gloomy lately - the edits aren't propping him. And they're outright slaughtering Roxxxy not that she doesn't deserve it but ouch.
- I wonder if Ru is good friends with any of the past contestants?
- In spite of the spin RuPaul has give these top three as the closest contest ever, I feel that's all it is - a spin so people don't say "Jinkx has it in the bag" and forget to tune in.
Of all the seasons, to me this one is the one with the clearest winner going all the way back to Snatch Game. Despite what Roxxxy may say ("I take my drag VERY SERIOUSLYYY!!"), Jinkx is the one drag queen who has demonstrated a commitment to her craft that surpasses any other contestants dedication to glamour. From the Military episode on (when Jinkx proved beyond doubt, interacting with her PWA Marine, that there was a sincere heart beneath all the glitter) the crown has been totally hers... not even hers to lose, just hers, period.
- Here are your cavalcade of queens!
- Since when is Vivienne Pinay black? Ivy's look was disappointing. I expected more from someone who's such a seamstress.
- So what determines which queens get invited to the finale gala? Are ALL previous contestants invited and some just can't come? Do they have to pay their way (I assume yes)?
- Raja and Ru are very good friends and have known each other for years - Raja is a make up artist by trade and work(s) with Tyra Banks. In fact that was the controversy from her season - that Raja was going to win because she and Ru were BFFs.
- Delta Work looks really good.
Where was Alyssa???
- What in the hell is Roxxxy wearing?
That's a glamorous runway look?
Girl has no (no! seriously!) taste.
- Not to throw shade, but there are a couple bitches in that crunktastical.net photo spread that are not Ru-Drag Race girls ....
- Possibly next season girls making an early appearance....
- Her attitude was vile, but I always thought that Delta made a gorgeous woman. She looks to have dropped some weight in that picture too.
Roxxxy looks terrible. WTF is going on with that tuck?
Tyra's face is perfection, but the flat chest ruins the dress. Although I think breast plates are gross (side eye @ India Ferrah).
- Raja was not friends with Ru before he was cast on season three. Ru asked Lady Bunny if he knew any drag queens that should be on Drag Race and he mentioned Raja.
Delta Work was funny on season three. If you like Dorthy on "The Golden Girls" you should like Delta. "No one is jealous of your body" said Delta in confessional as footage of Carmen Carerra walked around the workroom naked played in episode two or three was one of the funniest lines of the season. I think Delta lost weight in the last year. He has a boyfriend now so that might have motivated him to change.
In season two, Mathu Anderson (Ru's longtime makeup artist) did a tour around the workroom to give the queens advice on their makeup. He said the least to Tyra because he liked Tyra's makeup.
- What the hell is Alaska wearing? A bikini showing off how bad her smack addiction has gotten?
And Roxxxy looks appalling - and furious. She can't possibly have won. And from the looks of Alaska, I don't think she can have either.
God what an appalling set of photos. Jinkx's cape reminds me of the cape they used to put around Miss America's (I think - pretty vague memory from childhood)
Anyhow, surely she must have won, esp. with the other two looking ghastly as well as aghast. And I wanted to see Alyssa! I'm gonna miss that dumb girl!
- Jade Jolie looked like shit too. I don't think anybody looked decent.
- I sure love this show. Love Ru Paul.
- OK - Delta Work is about as untalented and unappealing as Roxxxy. Never understood why either one of them felt so entitled in their respective seasons. I guess confidence can take a plain drag queen far.
Yeah, I agree Alaska looks like a boy toy twink in Fire Island Pines who decided to do drag at the last minute.
Is this the cape you are referring to, r523?
- STOP Rolaskatox! very ugly .
- I never liked Tyra, but I have to admit she looked the best in the link above. By a mile.
- That's it, R526! And Jinkx's diamond necklace looks like it would go well with a crown. Hope it's a good omen.
- Obviously the top three were told to dress in some bathing suit concept. Perhaps RuPaul wanted to go for a more vintage crowning?
- Is the reunion show on along with the finale tomorrow?
- From the ad, it's being billed as a three-in-one episode: finale, reunion, coronation.
Just like last year, from what I recall. Only I think this year it'll be 2 hours.
- r522 not true - Raja and Ru were friends before Drag Race - it was season 3 - Ru was not desperate to get Queens on the show she had stacks of tapes (detox, alaska chad michaels all tried out for season 3). Raja performed at Peanuts in LA and Ru knew her from there as well has she was a makeup artist. Raja has admitted in interviews that she knew Ru before she was cast. Raja down played it by saying "it's not like we were texting every day about boy problems" but they definitely knew each other prior to Raja being cast...and lets be honest Raja was a horrible drag Queen, He looks like a man in a dress. Manilla should have won that season.
- I liked Raja, but Manila is definitely the superior queen. Possibly the best queen that's been on the show because she's been the most successful at being both glamorous and comedic at the same time.
- Jinxx Monsoon looks like Nurse Jackie's Merritt Weaver (Zoe) when she's out of drag.
In drag, she looks like Beth Grant (of "Donnie Darko").
- I love Manila, but she was not good enough THEN to deserve the crown. She has improved a lot since, and if she joined Season 5, instead of 3, she would have been the runaway winner,
- Did I miss something with Manila. All I can remember is her invariably crossing her eyes.
I think Tyra was a much less deserving winner than Raja.
- [quote]I never liked Tyra, but I have to admit she looked the best in the link above.
False. Tyra's look is the very definition of "phoned in". Looks like she decided to attend at the last minute.
Loved this line from someone on curnktastical: "Jinkx is dressed like a hooker, Alaska is dressed like a ...cheaper hooker"
- I agree, R538. I think her version of drag was just Beyonce cos-play. Even her name was derivative of someone else. She had no identity of her own. I think it was because of the backlash from her win that RuPaul considers fan input as much as does now.
- Although I kinda doubt it, Team Alaska all the way tonight!
- IT'S ON!
- WTF is Alaska wearing???
- Alaska looks anorexic but we know it's meth. What a mess!
- Looks like Roxxxy packed on some more lbs. post-production.
- I was just going to post the same thing - she gained between 25 and 50 pounds. Damn!!!! she looks like shit - her outside finally match her inside.
- Roxxy's outfit looks like a chubby baby
with way too much hair in a onesey.
- Damn, she got fat. And Alaska looks more like she's on heroin. Sharon looks ghoulishly skinny too.
- Ru and Logo have their fucking nerve dragging this out for two hours. Pieces of shit!!
- Roxxy has been doing some emotional eating!
- Shes a piece of shit with her fauxpology.
- Well, as unlikable as she may be, it's kinda sad that Alaska and Jinkx both have family there with them, and Roxxxy's only guest is her drag daughter.
- alaska had the best stage presence tonight. she looks like a hot mess but she was very funny. she just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. i hope she doesn't win. jinx seems kinda off.
kinda feel bad for roxxy, but there is no way she can win.
- Uh oh, I don't think Ru planned for this: in Canada, the finale ran with fewer commercials, so the winner was crowned 40 minutes earlier than on Logo!
At some NYC club backstage, a queen was just informed that she won by a text from a Canadian friend...
That was unexpected, but welcome!
- Yay for Ms. Congeniality!
- I thought it was 2 hours, that new show Felt is on now. WTF?
- Suck it Roxxy!!!
- I hate the reunion portion and the awkward testimonies. Poor Jinx's mom! Roxxy still sucks and her excuses are weak.
- It was pretty obvious that Roxxy didn't learn shit from watching her cuntiness and extreme stupidity during the season
- I didnt see Jinkx's mom. Was.she drunk?
- Jinkx's mom seemed fine, remorseful. There was an uncomfortable moment (for me at least) when they showed the clip of Jinkx crying and saying she left her brother with "a woman who wasn't prepared to be a mother." I felt bad for the woman.
I feel odd about this finale. Jinkx was my favorite for the first few eps (later I switched to Alyssa), and I'm happy she won. But there was so much negativity in the latter eps from Roxxxy, which led to people attacking her online, and just general nastiness all around. It took a lot of the fun out of it.
- Team Alaska - she should have won. She was not a weepy bitch like Jinkx who cried during confrontation or a mean bitch like Roxxxy Alaska said it best, the best revenge is just be better than them.
- OK Sharon @ R562!
- Happy for Jinkx, but Alaska should have won. If it wasn't for her obvious addiction, she would have, but Rupaul needed a person who will serve as a role model as her winner.
- r563 i honestly think sharon did not want Alaska to win...She wanted to be the only winner -
- Alaska looked awful in the opening. Better when she put on a gown.
Love Jinxx. Glad she won.
And, I LOVE Coco. She looked better than anyone else on that stage. She and Alyssa seem to have made peace.
Don't like Roxy. Doesn't seem sincere. Just a big and juicy bully.
Detox = bitter. Instead of gray, should have painted her skin green FOR ENVY.
- It appears r563 that Jinkx got the ultimate revenge - SHAAADE!
YAY TEAM JINKX!!! Best pic since SEASON ONE! That's right, I said it.
- Alaska was lifeless in the first few episodes and part of that stupid Rolaskatox shit. Plus, she can't dance. I like her but damn, Jinkx was the clear winner.
- I liked Sharon's Pee Wee Herman dress. I thought Alaska looked amazing during the last 1/2 hour.
- This is the third year in a row that I'm happy with the winner. Raja, Sharon and Jinkx were all my favorites from their respective seasons. Next year we'll likely see Ru crowning some fishy pageant queen just to shake things up.
- I'm in an emotional freefall. I was doing good all the way up to the end of the show. Last year, I got depressed about a week before the season finale. Drag Race won't be on until next year. There won't be an All-Star season this year. This is the best season yet. The best lip sync (Alyssa vs. Coco), the most drama, the funniest moments (Alyssa's faces and comments, Coco's orgasm, Alaska's humor etc.),and great challenges. The finale was really good.
Detox looked amazing. He had an attitude. He was a fan fav before the season started. Much of those goodfeelings faded as the season progressed and we saw his bad attitude come out. Alaska also was a fan fav before the season and was sinking among fans until the half-way point where he turned it around. Lineysha Sparx, Penny Tration, Sharon Needles, Raja, Bebe, Tyra Sanchez and Chad Michaels also looked good.
Ru brought up Monica's transgender admission. He then basically said the show is open to anyone including biological women. I'm wondering if the show has decided to use Monica's situation to cast biological women on the next season. That will change the whole dynamic of the show.
There were so many former cast members there. I was so happy to see Bebe. He hasn't shown up at any Drag Race event since 2011. I was wondering if he had a falling out with the show producers. Remember last spring India Ferrah announced he would quit drag later that summer. Well he didn't. He was there. Jade (s1), Sonique (s2), The Princess (s4), Akiasha (s1), Delta Work (s3), Victora Parker (s1) and Madam LaQueer (s4) were among past contestants that showed up.
Does anyone know if Drag U will be on this summer? The finale did not mention it. Remember last season at the finale, it was mentioned Latrice would be on Drag U? I looked around online and haven't found any mention of an upcoming season.
- I wish they'd do an All Stars season two. It could be so excellent if they just wouldn't fuck it up with teams. If they want/need to do an abbreviated season, then only invite 8 or 9 queens instead of 12.
- I wish they would do the kind of reunion show where they all sit down afterwards and discuss (or bitch about) what happened during the competition.
One of my all time favorite reality TV moments was from that Season 1 reunion when Tammie Brown (and others) complained about how harsh the judges can be in their comments. The memorable part was when RuPaul gave that strong (and inspirational) response about how people have to learn to become aware that the hateful commentary says something about what is going on with the person saying it. "That's their shit. That has nothing to do with me." There's more to it, but that's all I can remember right now, and I can't find it online.
Anyway, I would like to see that kind of reunion again.
Also, I'm glad Ru addressed the transgendered issue with Monica Beverly Hillz because I questioned if trans women are considered drag queens. Although the last part of what he said (about how the only thing they check for people trying out for the show is their c.u.n. & t.) leaves me wondering why a female couldn't technically enter the competition.
- Was that Sean Paul Lockhart aka Brent Corrigan behind Sharon Needles? The guy with the nerd glasses?
- It was appropriate that Roxxxy had no support (I'm not counting her drag daughter). I can't imagine family showing up after she lied about that bus stop bullshit (like any adoption agency would disclose that).
Then she had the nerve to break into tears about the death of her drag mother. bitch PLEASE!!! You demonstrate zero empathy and show everyone your unwarranted narcissism and then expect us to believe you feel sorrow over anyone other than yourself?
- R575, I thought her story was that she was old enough at the time to remember it, not that she was told later.
- that was her story nut it really looked forced on the review....her Drag Mother death was real...apparently a top Queen in Vegas...Chad was devastated (hit by a car apparently...very sudden)...I was wondering if the contestants get paid some sort of scale for each episode they are on...even SAG minimum for speaking parts? or is it all changed since the advent of reality tv?
- I'll have to think about this one - if I saw Roxxxy waddling down a deserted street and I was driving a snowplow.............
- Roxxxy's drag mom was Erica Andrews, who co-starred with Willam in [italic]Ticked Off Trannies with Knives.[/italic]
- Step on that gas r578!
- I believe the drag mother died. I don't believe Roxxxy cared about anything other than rushing to the scene to get 'something to remember her' (e.g. expensive jewelry, wigs, etc......).
I think it's a cheap shot to ask for sympathy for the bus stop story and the drag mother death. OK, I'll stop now!!!!!!!!!!
- [quote]...her Drag Mother death was real...apparently a top Queen in Vegas...Chad was devastated (hit by a car apparently...very sudden)...
Now I'm confused. News says it was complications from a lung infection.
- AV Club had a good review of the finale and pointed out that usually the show does a great job of sending up reality show conventions but this season has veered close to taking it all seriously. The mawkish emotional moments last night felt awkward and manipulative. And Roxxy's apology was so fake!
Thank god she didn't have the nerve to say she was bullied online after all of the negative response. Bitch was a Drag Race bully and deserved any negative feedback she got.
I still don't get the Detox love. She looked amazing, but she opens her mouth and all that comes out is bile.
- Here's a video of the three finalists watching the show as it aired -- and their reactions when they finally learned which of them won.
Alaska does NOT look well.
- What the fuck are a "drag mother" and a "drag son"?
- I loved Jinkx from day one, but on that final stage, I thought Alaska deserved the win. She looked gorgeous and was hilarious with her responses. Yeah she's crass and an obvious mess, but I kinda loved her humor on stage. Jinkx will obviously have the better, longer career so she didn't need the win as much as Alaska. Then again, Alaska would've probably overdosed on the winnings.
- They fucked up All-Stars by using up way too many old contestants in the team challenges and eliminating 2 at a time. I thought they would do a season 2 though, learning from the mistakes of the 1st. It is a drag to wait a whole year again.
- [quote]Alaska looks anorexic but we know it's meth.
How do we know this? I'm not saying you're incorrect, just worried that I missed some gossip.
- [quote]And, I LOVE Coco... She and Alyssa seem to have made peace.
I should think the experience of being famous from Drag Race trumps all the provincial pageant bullshit. Good for them.
- A drag mother is a Drag Queen who will take a newbie under thier wing (aka a drag child). As Ru refers to all the contestants as her children. She would be the ultimate drag monther.
There seems to be a type each year that wins - this year was the comedy season.
it went - Old Pagent (Bebe), New Pagent (Tyra), Club Kid (Raja..who is hardly a kid..), Quirky Drag (Sharon), and Comedy Drag (Jinks)..
I think next season a Big Queen will win - I am hoping Vicki Vox, the third in the Willam, Detox, Vicki trio makes Season 6. I have a feeling it will be all big girls season 6.
- The video at r584 shows Roxxxy being a hell of a lot more "professional" and supportive than I would've expected. Then again, I'm sure anyone with pageant experience has a game face tucked somewhere in the event she doesn't win.
- [quote]I was so happy to see Bebe. He hasn't shown up at any Drag Race event since 2011. I was wondering if he had a falling out with the show producers.
I follow her on Facebook, and I haven't seen anything to indicate any tension. She is, however, absurdly busy. I've never seen a queen have so very many personal appearances. Travels constantly. I assumed she was just too busy to do Drag Race events.
- [quote]I have a feeling it will be all big girls season 6.
They haven't made final selections, but an acquaintance is under serious consideration, and she's not big. She's not rail thin like Alaska, but she's not as big as, say, Roxxxxxxxy.
- The special was so deadly long. I read a suggestion on another forum that the first half hour should have been the red carpet. It would have been a lot more fun than talking to the contestants who were kicked off.
Tyra Sanchez looked like she was there under duress. Why so glum?
- I am up as well, my Drag name is Shelida Corndog and yes honey I am a big girl.
- I liked the special, it's the kind of thing that's usually boring but they did a good job making it interesting.
- The online version is only an hour.
- I thought the reunion special was fine. I did roll my eyes a bit about Ru's declaration of drag motherhood - as if all the queen's have his cell number.
But last week's "unseen"/recap special was awful. The comedy bits were woeful to nonexistent. What a waste it was having Willam, Latrice etc. on and giving them crap material.
- I wonder if there is a falling out with Willam, Sharon, Alaska and Rajs with RU. Willam did that Rupologize video where he calls out Ru for telling him he was going to be on All Stars then dumping him. Sharon, Alaska and Raja were in the video (Sharon even played Ru).
- I just rewatched the recap show and thought it was fine. A clip show is never great but it entertained twice, that's something. The reunion special is still downloading. I already accidentally spoiled the winner for me, and it's the one I wanted anyway.
Did any of the rest of you find the HD downloads of the show? Google fabutrash. 5th season only, but finally, HD!
- Allegedly, Ru didn't like that video at all.