All Threads by Date
‘End Times’ Radio Host Believes Obama May Be Antichrist And May Declare Himself God
Rick Wiles, host of the radio show “End Times,” believes that while President Obama may not be the Antichrist foretold in the Bible, he’s definitely the latest human incarnation of Satan in a man’s body. His evidence for such a claim comes in the form of two news items: Obama’s filing of a legal brief opposing California’s Proposition 8, and a scheduled visit to Israel this spring.
Specifically, Wiles believes that Obama’s desire and work to “change laws” is evidence of a Satanic presence. Wiles emphasizes Daniel 7:25 by saying:
“‘He shall persecute the saints of the most high and shall intend to change times and law.’ Now that’s what I want you to focus on. ‘He shall persecute the saints of the most high and shall intend to change times and law.’”
Then, after discussing Proposition 8 and Obama’s intent in filing the brief, he says,“So brace yourself, Mr. Obama may declare this week that homosexual marriage is a constitutional right. Is he the Antichrist who changes times and law? Only time will tell.”
The religious right has a history of saying that gay marriage will be the undoing of civilization. The dean of Liberty University’s school of law insisted earlier this year that allowing gay marriage will open the floodgates to destroying freedom of speech and religion, families, and traditional marriage, and will ultimately lead to revolution. And former Pope Benedict XVI called out gay people for denying their God-given sexual identities, and warned that gay marriage (along with euthanasia and abortion) threatened world peace.
But Wiles takes it further, using Obama’s legal brief against Prop. 8 as a segue into discussing the possibility of Obama cementing his position as Antichrist by walking into the Temple Mount area and proclaiming himself God. It appears that, to Wiles, it’s a little too convenient that Obama would urge the Supreme Court to declare gay marriage a constitutional right and then visit Jerusalem, and says,
“I think it will be interesting to see if he enters Jerusalem on the same day Jesus entered the city prior to Passover.
“Now here’s a crazy thought, I’m not suggesting that it’s going to happen; I’m just saying it’s kind of a crazy thought. Suppose that Mr. Obama enters the Temple and declares himself as God. Now, I don’t even want to go there today, I think it is too early for that happen, but this is starting to get a little spooky, isn’t it?”
While he couches his comments in “supposedly” and “I’m not saying,” it’s pretty clear what he is saying. However, it’s extremely unlikely that Obama would do something so offensively crass.
Part of the issue with the religious right, particularly those on the extreme right, is a certain inflexibility and fear of change. Given that times have changed quite a bit, not only through the making and changing of laws, but also through scientific and technological advances, one has to wonder just how many of the innovators of these changes have been considered an Antichrist. Times and laws change whether we like it or not.
Obama is not the first U.S. president to be suspected of being Antichrist. Fundamentalist Christians tend to suspect any leader who is unusually influential and charismatic. Presumably, the first U.S. president thought to be Antichrist was FDR, both for his influential abilities and his desire to form the United Nations. One of the things that Antichrist is supposed to do is create a one-world government, with himself as the head. Many evangelical Christians at the time believed that, if FDR wasn’t Antichrist, he was definitely under Antichrist’s influence.
JFK was also thought to be Antichrist when he was running for president, and Gregory Stuart Gordon thought that Reagan was Antichrist.
It seems that the fundamentalists look hardest at a person’s charisma, as Antichrist is supposed to be extremely charismatic and uses that charisma to influence the world to follow him. They do, however, tend to ignore other characteristics and qualifications when declaring that this leader or that leader is a likely Antichrist.Unfortunately, the paranoia that comes with that only furthers the politics of fear.
- He's not THE anti-Christ at the end of times because that person will be loved and seen as a world "savior". He has his admirers but also has people who will always hate him.
Some say he is a Muslim but I think he's an atheist.
- I really wish the Rapture was going to happen so God can suck these idiots off the planet and sell them as slaves or cheap meat, so the rest of us can resume progressing as an intelligent species.
- What if he is? Big deal.
- Good. When he's a god I hope his top priority is taking this global economy back from the 1% and billion dollar corporations.
- indeed, big deal. Plus, he's acted so far far to conciliatory to be a good candidate for "anti-Christ".
- Before Ronald Reagan emptied and shut down all the insane asylums, mentally disturbed people like Rick Wiles could be kept away from the public.
- Everyone knows that Richard Simmons is the anti-christ.
- The Anti-Christ will be a Republican.
- So, is the new Caliphate in Niniveh and the world turning against Israel making anyone wonder?
- The Anti-Christ will be a secular humanist whose only creed will be, "Do whatever pleases you."
- Wrong R10. For one there is not such thing as an anti-Christ, for another it will probably be a Fundie Christian.
- You contradict yourself, R11. You also project your own desires into the subject. If you don't believe there is any such thing as an anti-Christ, then your conclusion as to who will fit the role is meaningless.
Christ told us to love one another as we love ourselves. The Anti-Christ will tell us to love ourselves to the exclusion of loving our fellow humans. Christ told us that man's laws are subservient to God's law. The Anti-Christ will tell us there is no God and that each person is a law unto himself or herself.
- Zzzzzz.....doesn't matter R12. No such thing.
- I used to know some guys who big into LARP. What this guy wrote sounds a lot like the sort of things they would go on about. Crazy, illogical rules, fantasizing about things that dont exist in reality, the drama, the tension. It's all there.
- Can bizarre charlatans like Rick Wise possibly make enough money to support himself with these types of endeavors? Who advertises on his radio show, or does one have to purchase the streaming version of it?
- I sho do beleebs I is God! I be declarin' myseff soon, so you sho bettuh shows me some respect, mm hmm! Us negroes be gonna whup da white man ass! Look out, white mens. We be comin at y'all
- Well he's had six years. What's he waiting for?
- I think r12 makes as much sense as anyone can on the subject. No need to be so dismissive, r13. Pray, tell us what YOU believe.
- I'm apathetic on the issue R18. Don't care but I also don't believe in the devil or an anti-christ or demons, etc.
- One thing is certain. His presence has caused the right to lose its mind.
- Oh, and this guy is insane.
- I thought these people long for the End Times and look forward to the return of Jesus. Why are they so afraid of it happening? Shouldn't they be rejoicing that it's coming?
- I wish all of these batshit "End Times" lunatics could be loaded onto a rocket and shot towards the sun.
- I lurv you, r23.
- Pretend Sky Pal says what?
- Funny thing; this radio host sounds as if he thinks of himself as god.
- So many crazies.
- The Tetrad cycle of the four blood moons just started.
Since then, a new Caliph has claimed ancient Mosul and Nineveh, riding a pale horse
An unexplained hole in the Earth has opened in the area of Siberia known as the End Of The Earth.
The world unites against Israel, sides with the unjust.
Plagues in Africa, and now -the- plague in China.
That's since the first blood moon.
The Tetrad ends in September of next year
Search your own hearts, and listen, beyond those who mock and nay-say.
People don't fear the coming day of Judgment, but they respect it, are In awe of it. Those who laugh now will cry then, and sarcastic comments about Sky Fairies and Flying Spaghetti Monsters won't unite those who dread what comes.
We will each account for ourselves. The wise will prepare and make ready.
May mercy cover us all.
- [quote]The world unites against Israel, sides with the unjust.
Oh, the irony.
- R29 The just don't hide themselves around children, they fight like men.
They do not hide themselves, and use children they have placed in mortal danger as propaganda.
But, the wicked will join to persecute Israel. You are just doing what is firetold.
That is your destiny
- [quote]An unexplained hole in the Earth has opened in the area of Siberia
As usual, science, reason and facts trump make-believe.
- [quote] now -the- plague in China
The plague is always in china. The plague is endemic to China. It's no biggie. If Chine gave a shit, they'd be more hygienic and try to wipe out such diseases. They still have polio in China. Because China is hardcore.
- A Seal has been broken, at "The End Of The World".
That will be an inconvenient truth to many, who think "how" dismisses "why".
If you feel, within yourself, that the end of this season approaches, you know what it means.
- [quote]If you feel, within yourself, that the end of this season approaches, you know what it means.
No more white after Labor Day already? Damn, the Summer flew by.
- [quote]But, the wicked will join to persecute Israel. You are just doing what is firetold.
[quote]That is your destiny
Your destiny is to get a spellchecker.
- "Obama May Be Antichrist And May Declare Himself God"
Barack, I think they're bugging our bedroom.
- Watch the fig tree
"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the starts; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near. And He spoke to them a parable: Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you, likewise, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near. Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things are fulfilled" (Luke 21:25:32).
- Luke always had the best acid.
- R30, the Book of Revelation, chapter 2 verse 9 says "I know your afflictions and your poverty — yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan."
What is being foretold by that? What group of people falsely claiming to be Jews is the Book of Revelation talking about?
- >>>Christ told us to love one another as we love ourselves. The Anti-Christ will tell us to love ourselves to the exclusion of loving our fellow humans.
You mean Ronald Reagan was the anti-Christ?
- There really is an epidemic of mental illness in this country.
- The president is really the Antichrist?
I hate it when that happens!
- When is the last time anyone saw him?
- R28, holding a sign a street corner screaming "the end is nigh, repent repent REEEEEEPENT!" too old fashioned for you? You dug this thread up from how long ago?
- Good lord, there are some seriously fucking crazy and very uneducated posters on here. I'm talking about you, idiot, at R28/30.
- Cthulhu prepares his arrival:
- Barack certainly is a friend to Israel. His appearance at the Paris march, and at the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, his rapport with Netanyahu...
When does the last Tetrad moon happen?
- [quote]His presence has caused the right to lose its mind.
That ship sailed the day Walt Disney died.
- R47, so you bumped this thread just to write that.
Listen up, you twit, Israel gets a god damned check every year and gets to do whatever the fuck it wants to the Palestinians with full support from the US including the weapons to do it, so I suggest you STFU, you schnorrer.
You aren't satisfied unless his head is up that country's ass.
Netanyahu wasn't even there, you fucking idiot.
- Wait! I thought I was God!!
- Meanwhile, R49, the so-called Palestinians do whatever they want to gays. Homophobes are unworthy of the sympathy of any self-respecting gay man.
- R51, let's see if you're full of shit or not: Would you treat homophobic Jews the same way *all* Palestinians are treated? Would you blow up their houses and kill them by the thousands?
- Spare me your revisionist crap by referring to them as "so-called," you revisionist asshole. You're no better than a Holocaust denier when you pull this shit. It's your way of trying to invalidate their claims to land, so you yourself can turn into a savage and justify killing them with impunity. A population of non-Jews have been living there for thousands of years, regardless of what your lying ass calls them.
Answer the question: Would you treat homophobic Jews the same way?
- There weren't even enough homophobic Jews to prevent the Knesset from legalizing homosexuality long before the US did the same. And that law was an artifact of British Civil Law, so India has no excuses for upholding its own law.
[quote]Would you blow up their houses and kill them by the thousands?
I don't have to. Your beloved Palestinazis want to do it for you, and once they destroy Is rael, they'll go after the rest of the world's Jews, too. They want all Jews dead. Joan Rivers, who as done more for gays than you will ever know, was right about them, and the fact that she's dead and Nazi scum like Mel Gibson and Mahmoud Abbas are still alive proves conclusively that there is no God, and therefore all this End Times crap is just that: crap. But because of radical Islam's genocidal aims, they deserve everything bad that happens to them. And as non-petroleum energy sources become more commonly used, the terrorist groups will lose a major source of their funding.
If you are not a militant zi onist, you are a racist. Period. If you try to accuse zion ists of raicsm, you are a racist projecting your own racist onto an anti-racist movement.
- I've never met a Jew as homophobic as the self-loathing, Nazi-loving KKKapo R52/R53.
The Jews are gay people's best friends. Jews have been at the forefront of every single civil rights movement in American history. Gays and Jews are the reason Broadway is the source of the majority of the only good music AmeriKKKa ever produced.
- Joan Rivers was right about those racist, sexist, anti-semitic homophobic genocidal Palestinazi monsters, and her plastic surgeon is a murderer who should die in the electric chair.
- Thanks for proving my point. You're a hypocrite, a coward and a Jewish Supremacist.
You said NO homophobes deserve mercy, so what did you just do, exactly what I expected you to do: DEFLECT like the hateful psychopathic savage that you are.
You're supremacist scum who just showed everyone you're fine with homophobia as long as they're Jews. Disgusting troll.
- When you dirty fucking goyim stop telling lies about the Jews and Is rael, Is rael and the Jews will stop telling the truth about you bigoted gentile trash. Is lam and Christianity are the worst things to happen to human civilization, and blaming the Jews for any of the shit they committed is like blaming Alfred Hitchcock for Gus Van Sant's remake of [italic]Psycho[/italic].
- [quote]You're supremacist scum who just showed everyone you're fine with homophobia as long as they're Jews. Disgusting troll.
I'm not fine with so-called Jewish homophobia, but Jews are the least homophobic of the three Abrahamic religions to begin with, and it is the goyim whose misinterpretations of the "clobber passages" in the Bible have caused two millennia of repression. And frankly, Buddhists and Hindus have proven to be bloody great assholes, too, consid
But you Is rael-haters and anti-Zi onists (all of whom are racists by definition) would never hold any other country or any other nationalist movement to the standard you hold Is-rael and you fucking know it. The Palestinazi end game involves the genocide of the Is-raeli people. They kill their own people for doing business with Jews. Their state TV brainwashes their kids to hate Jews. They have said time and time again they desire the destruction of Is-rael. Because of that, anything the Jews do in retaliation is self-defense. Anti-semites deserve no mercy, either. Nor do anti-black racists. All of them just have to die, like Oprah said. And if you're not contributing to that end, you're part of the problem.
For that same reason, gay-on-breeder violence is also justified: it's payback for oppression.
- Everything good about human civilization exists because of Jews, gays and black people.
- Blacks are the master race, Jews are the master religion, and gays are the master sexual orientation:
- There are two types of people: gay supremacists and liars.
- There are more homophobic Muslims and Christians then there are Jews and gay people anywhere on Earth. They are the enemies of humanity. They must be stopped by every means necessary as soon as possible.
- Still, it's interesting how much the Islamic State/Caliphate has grown in power since the earlier posts in this thread.
The next two blood moons will be in April and September. We'll see what comes out of the IS and Iran.
Jews aren't throwing gays off of buildings. I can't understand Leftist zealots who calumny Isr@el, while portraying Arafat's people as victims. They could have had peace 20 years ago. Arafat wouldn't take the deal.
They don't want peace, and Iran, H@m@s' master, clearly doesn't.
Regardless, Obama's (and Valerie Jarrett's) rapport with Iran and his unprecedented hostility to Tel Aiv would set off those who believe in the prophecy of a charismatic false messiah united the world against G-d's first Chosen people.
Oh, and WASPs are the master class, race, and Anglicanism the true faith.
Hold me, King David!
Maybe these ISIS fuckers -are- the orecursors to Antichrist!!
- I don't think it's him either, but only because it would be too damned obvious! It'll be someone, something he introduces.
- All this tension in the Middle East, the return of the Caliphate, the demonization of Isræl seen even here (on a gay board, mind you!), Obama's rapprochement to Iran is making me wonder.
I'm not religious, but I do find developments -things I would have thought impossible 30 years ago- unsettling. Eschatology is an interesting area of inquirt
This is an unfortunate thread title, but there's no "Are we seeing tge Apocalypse of John of Patmos/Book of Revelation play out" thread.
Besides the snide snickering and atheistic lampooning, what do you think?
- Does an Islamic antiChrist figure make sense?