- She's an idiot. And a hypocrite. If he told her he wanted to cast her in his next film she'd have sucked him off right on the spot.
- I BELIEVE EVERY BIT OF GOSSIP I READ OR HEAR!!!
- What was up with Rosenbitch's unprovoked shade to Kelly Ripa? How idiotic cause Kelly is a massive Madonna fan, wtf.
- He probably just tried to give her a hydrangea.
- It would have been like Thomas Kinkade being a superior cunt to Vincent Van Gogh.
- Madge is still fuming because Lee has 2 Oscars while she got no recognition whatsoever for directing that POS about the Duke & Duchess of Windsor this year.
- Perhaps they were wearing similar outfits? That would justify it.
- Madonna cannot accept the fact that she is not talented, she is jealous of all the true artists out there. No matter how hard she works and grovels to stay relevant, she has very little true talent.
An annoying nasally helium voice backed with dance tracks and Las Vegas dance moves, that is Madonna's entire agenda, ignorant sheepish people bought into her schtick thanks to MTV.
There is no reasonable explanation for her fame other than people enjoyong the visual aspect of what she does. She is charmless, humorless and
not particularly bright, let alone, interesting.
You have to wonder what sort of career she would have if not for the visual aspect of what she does, because her voice is horrible.
Every single one of her visual 'ideas' has been ripped off from everyone from Hollywood icons, fashion photographers, S&M photographers such as Charles Gatewood, the Vogue craze and, well, EVERY freaking move she ever made was not original in the least. She simply presented it as new to her clueless audience.
She is now pushing old age, yet there she is still holding grudges and being the same bitter sour bitch she was when she was hanging at Danceteria.
She will die a bitter sour piece of shit.
- Her star is falling faster than Groupon stock.
- R9 is Lady GaGa
- Madonna really is stupid:
- Every time she looks in the mirror must be agonizing. Her future has already been told...
- Madonna is known to be reductive.
- I have no doubt this is true because I know of a similar situation: Friends of a friend wrote "Like a Virgin." Despite writing the song and it being a hit, they had never met her until they were backstage at a Madison Square Garden concert. They introduced themselves to her, and said they've always wanted to meet her. She curtly said "Well, now you have" and walked away. That's very ungracious to anyone, particularly someone who wrote one of your biggest hits. She's not a nice a person. She's just...not.
- I loathe Hydrangeas!
- She's probably going through menopause.
- It feels....
- Either you made that up, R15, or whoever told you that lied.
Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly wrote the song. According to Wikipedia's article on "Like A Virgin" the song, they were also in the studio as it was being recorded.
- If there were anything to this woman, she'd "reinvent" herself as someone unafraid to get older. No, it does not mean dull, sexless, and out of touch. It does mean embracing the things that get better and adjusting to the things that don't. It means becoming a deeper and more modest person who actively embraces a bigger world. But then, Madonna was never more than a caricature, too self-absorbed or shallow or scared to become anything more, musically or otherwise.
Madonna and her devotees never understod that a makeover is not a reinvention of the self. And either way, how do you make a satisfying meal out of Cheetos?
- If you can't be civil, why go to an event?
After all, Madonna is far above, and has been for a few decades, having to do industry events.
If this is true, my casual fandom of her is quickly changing. Not to hate. I don't hate any celebrity. I save that for, say, the likes of Dick Cheney.
It's changing to something that, if it totally took over on even her staunchest fans, perhaps she'd kill herself: total indifference.
- looking at her instagram page is quite entertaining! she has such a need to be 'admired' and nothing is there!
- R19 is DL's Quality Assurance Inspector
- Ang Lee's assistant from Taiwan just issued a statement saying NONE OF THIS HAPPENED L. He said Lee and Madonna had a conversation for about 10 minutes where Madonna complemented his movies saying she was a big fan. Ann Hathaway was also there, she's good friends with Madonna now.
Madonna's post Oscars party is THE PLACE for A list celebs, they love it because Madonna bans all press and paparazzi from the event. This story was made up by the Daily Mail, they always print negative stories on Madonna FOR NO REASON.
- Oh, snap!
- R19 but there is a story they recounted that they met her years later and she blew them off. Not very nice since they arguably played a large part in her success - LAV made her an icon. She also seems to hold grudges, Stephen Bray and some others were not mentioned in her R&R Hall of Fame speech.
There are plenty of other such stories - Tony Wilson said in an interview about meeting her years later after she was at the Hacienda and she said "I must have wiped that from my memory" and walked off.
The singer James Morrison more recently complained about her. There was also a story told by Tori Amos that a female singer told Tori she met Madonna and was disappointed by her, saying how much she admired her to be told "those shoes are so last season". The guess is Lily Allen, a massive cunt herself, who has publicly dissed Madge many times.
Lara Flynn Boyle said when she met Madonna she told her "I love all that you did for women" which was met with "that's almost as bad as what Kevin Costner said!", Lara just walked off. There are more.
This cuntery back in the 90s was one thing but is hard to swallow now since she's a cheerleader for the Kabbalah. Anyone she disses would have an easy response and just throw that back in her face.
- No1curr about Madonna. She's a novelty act. She'll be forced to sing "Like A Virgin" at 70. She doesn't sell records anymore. Her career, if you can call it that, is a joke. I hear she's preparing to direct another flop film too.
- I dunno. I saw Life of Pi and I would have done the same thing.
- The voters didn't, r28.
- R24 AnnE!
- R27 Madonna a novelty act? She's been at the top for 30 FUCKING YEARS! She's the biggest selling female artist of all time and 4th biggest selling artist in history over all. As for record sales nobody buys albums anymore, her last album still sold 1.8 million and was among the top 20 biggest sellers worldwide of 2012.
According to Billboard Madonna was the highest earning music perfotmer last year, her MDNA tour was also the years #1 tour and 10th highest grossing of all time.
She still sells more albums than any other over 50 artist, if Madonna is a novelty act than so is Springsteen and McCartney.
Now Mariah Carey that's somebody who's career is really over.
- R27 you do realize that Madonna just completed a tour that grossed $305 million and was the years $1 tour at the box office? It is also the 10th highest grossing tour of all time and the second highest grossing for a female artist behing her previous tour.
Madonna's musical career is still going stronger than any other over 50 artist. Her longevity is amazing.
- And, pretentious!
- AnnE is best friends with Madonna? That explains it.
- R27 you do realize that Madonna has more top 10 songs (38) THAN ANY ARTIST IN HISTORY? I can't wait until the Forbes most powerful, moneymaking celebs list is released, alk the Madonna haters will be flipping out on the DL.
Madonna is also the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time (1.3 BILLION) and as for Like a Virgin, she rarely performs it and when she does she arranges it differently on her last tour she made it an opera ballad. Madonna RARELY performs her old material.
Only on the DL would sombody refer to Madonna the biggest selling and most successful female artist in music history with more top 10 hits than anybody as a novelty act. I think I've heard it alk now!
- The Madonnabot has been activated!
- Who cares about her having more top tens than any other artist in history or her record breaking concerts. She is still a vile bitter cow who doesn't want to grow up.
- Why would Madonna be invited to an Oscar party?
- R36 facts are facts, love her or hate her but her success as a musical performer is staggering. She's outlasted everyone of her generation and still continues.
I can see people calling Gaga a novelty act as her 15 minutes already appear to be up, but Madonna?
She wrote the book on how to mantain a successful and record breaking career into your 50s, all the younger girls in pop are taking notes. Have been for years.
- R37 Lee's assistant just released a statement saying it never happened and that Madonna had complimentd Lee on his films and was very lovely towards him.
The press love to make up fake negative stories on Madonna becausr it sells papers and gets website hits.
I bet you if Madonna had invited the press and paparazzi to her Oscars bash they'd all be writing positive stories and praising her.
- [quote]all the younger girls in pop are taking notes. Have been for years.
Yeah, on Janet. They ALL bite her style.
- R38 it was her annual Oscar party, she threw it and invited everyone
Before throwing her own party, she always went to the prestigious Vanity Fair bash.
Janet's good and she's influenced people too, but she's nowhere near Madonna's level of success or impact.
- "Now Mariah Carey that's somebody who's career is really over."
Why does the Vadgebot always feel the need to trash Mariah and any other female entertainer to make her look good?
And Mariah is the biggest selling female artist of the soundscan era and has the biggest selling song of the 2000's with WE BELONG TOGETHER. Since you're so concerned with facts, there are two of them for you.
I know it's having a number one hit in Guam or selling fifty copies in Thailand, but Mariah's record breakers are all in the US, the most important record market in the entire world. Again, just stating facts.
And Springsteen only sold out half of his shows last year, and still played to as many people as Madge did with all of her sold out dates.
- [quote]Janet's good and she's influenced people too, but she's nowhere near Madonna's level of success or impact.
Every pop starlet out there today shows shades of Janet influence. All of them.
- Madonna is highly successful. So what? So are Dick Cheney and fatty, salty snacks. They've had an "impact", too.
- Mariah has these stats in America which is impressive but the WORLD is better.
I have no negative feelings towards Mariah and actually like her new song, the problem is she's in her 40's so radio wont get behind it.
Her people never took the time to establish her as a big touring act and if they did, she would just turn and make big bucks.
Did you know that Madonna played to 2.2 million fans, made $305 milliin and only did 88 shows.
Gaga on the other hand played to 1.6 million people made $160 million and did more, 98, shows?
I thought she was supposed to overtake Madonna?
- [quote]Why would Madonna be invited to an Oscar party?
It was the CAA party. Presumably she and Ang Lee are both clients of CAA.
[quote]it was her annual Oscar party, she threw it and invited everyone
No, not the party at which she allegedly insulted Ang Lee. Different party.
- OMG OMG OMG
It's like Godzilla Vs Mothra!
Janbot Vs The Vadgebot AND NOW
There is a Mariahbot that has come to kill them both off!
- All this touring talk with Madonna. I remember when she was promoting Ray of Light and said she didn't want to be touring when she hit fifty, and how depressing it would be. So what happened?
Mariah was never a touring act, so the need to be one now is rather irrelevant. Again, she's a multimillionare. She performs simply to please her fans, not to make new ones.
She's also reestablished herself as an actress, an insurmountable feat given how Glitter hurt her career. Precious earned her a screen actors guild award nomination and she has a role in the upcoming oscar bait film The Butler. And a new song for the OZ movie that is coming out.
- R13 I wouldn't mind having that be MY future.
Ang Lee does seem like a lovely person. He always comes across as very genuine and sincere.
- Janet = Mariah = Madonna. All purveyors of musical cheese product for tasteless rabble. The notion of an argument between these people is a laugh.
- R48 Mariah has praised Janet as being the revolutionary that she truly is.
I'm sure she would have the same praise for Madonna, had she not been so hateful towards Carey in the early part of her career. Carey's response to Madonna was simply done because of Madonna's jealousy that Carey was scoring hit after hit.
I like Madonna. Well, the earlier Madonna. She's become too humorless in recent years. Everything is way too calculated and she never looks like she truly enjoys it anymore. Yes, she's always been calculated to an extent. But she used to be fun about it.
- [quote]All this touring talk with Madonna. I remember when she was promoting Ray of Light and said she didn't want to be touring when she hit fifty, and how depressing it would be. So what happened?
Her CDs stopped selling and her movies flopped. Her only reliable source of income and prestige now is getting old queens to show up for concerts to dance to songs 30 years old.
- One thing that seems obvious about Madge is that she is personally miserable.
She is always in survival mode - ready to protect or defend or deflect or attack. She's never soft or receptive, which is the only way you can FEEL LOVE.
Note that Madonna, in the entire history of her song catalog, never writing about feeling warm, safe and loved.
She wonders what it feels like for a girl
She pretends to feel like a virgin (sexuality, not love)
Honestly - if one were to really look at her song lyrics with a critical eye, you'd see that she really is Broken with a Heart Not Open.
- Dissing Ang Lee in Hollywood is like stomping in kittens at a Frau convention.
- R53 and yet Madonna's recent CD's have out sold Mariah and Janet's.
And of course her CD sales have suffered, the whole CD industry has gone under, but even with that MDNA still was among the 20 sellers of 2012.
Her previous CD Hard Candy sold 4 million WW and was the 9th biggest selling album of 2008.
Confessions sold 11 million ww upon release in 2005 and was among the top 10 biggest year end sellers for 2 years straight.
Touring is more important than CD sales nowadays even Beyonce knows this and already announced her tour before she even released her new CD, IT'S all about touring numbers these days.
And according to Forbes Madonna made $40 millipn in 2011 without DOING SHIT.
Her 2012 income will be ridiculous, she's alteady the richest female artist of all time in addition to being the biggest selling and highest grossing touring solo artist.
Really how much success can one person have?
- Damn. I usually defend Madonna, but I LOVE Ang Lee. I've loved him ever since that gay movie he did ( I can't remember the name but not Brokeback Mountain.
I'll just hope this isn't true, but it's Madonna so ...it could be.
- R56: Are you a parody of a vapid fan?
If so, well done!
- R53 Madonna only sings about 6 of her old songs in concert, almost all the material is her recent stuff.
Every performer in npop would kill to have those touring numbers that Madonna has.
As for Mariah's acting career, she was good in her small part in Precious, but Hollywood would think she's too old for leading lady parts.
And Madonna has had her share of film flops, but she was also in a number of hit films like Desperately Seeking Susan, Dick Tracy, Truth or Dare, A League of Their Own and Evita. She also got to work with acclaimed directors like Woody Allen and Spike Lee.
- R57 The Wedding Banquet?
- I'm not a big fan of Ang Lee's movies/direction but I can appreciate his craftsmanship and he's one of the auteurs around just now. I was very pleased he beat Speilberg. That film about the pussy on the boat brought FX to a new level.
And regardless, like everyone else you just can't help loving him as a person after his Oscars speech. If Vadge did this it's a new low, the combative press release was ugly as well.
- Madonna won a Best Actress Golden Globe for Evita not thay awards mean anything.
I think it's crazy that Madonna made $40 million in 2011 without really doing anything.
I guess she got paid through royalties, her Macy's clothing line and other endorsements
So even when she doesn't tour, bitch is still making money without having to resort to co host gigs on American Idol.
- R60, yes! Thank you.
- The Wedding Banquet wasn't a gay movie, it was a bisexual one.
- ibid Brokeback Mountain
- The Asian guy in "The Wedding Banquet" was hot. What ever happened to him?
- Again IT DID NOT HAPPEN. the Daily Mail made up thr story to trash Madonna.
Ang Lee's assistant has even confirmed that it never happened.
Madonna should sue their asses.
In a 2005 interview Madonna raved about Brokeback Mountain and Ang Lee's direction.
- Madonna is full of shit. She should be thankful anyone would want to meet her tired old ugly ass.
- [quote]Again IT DID NOT HAPPEN.
It doesn't really matter if it did happen.
It COULD have happened. And that is Madonna's problem.
- "So even when she doesn't tour, bitch is still making money without having to resort to co host gigs on American Idol."
Because hawking a perfume that's titled after a 1991 movie, years after every other celebirty has one out is prestigious? And having a clothing line named after her 1985 hit is the height of edginess?
"in addition to being the biggest selling."
If you Madonna stans wouldn't lie so much, maybe there wouldn't be so much negativity on this board concerning her.
She's not the biggest selling artist in america. She's not the biggest selling artist in Japan. WORLDWIDE does not equate to only Europe. It means the entire world.
Madonna is successful, there's no doubt about that. Why you feel the need to lie about her already impressive achievements?
- This story first appeared in "The Daily Mail," a conservatively aligned British TABLOID, that absolutely [italic]loathes[/italic] Madonna and routinely takes little nonstory items like "Madonna shopped at Harrods yesterday" and spins them into negatively sensational headlines: "Rude Madonna Reduces Harrods Shopgirl to Tears: 'She was an outright bitch!', onlookers say." The sad thing is, in this digital age, these baseless tabloid stories get picked up by legit newspapers and bloggers all over the world and are reprinted and repeated so many times that they soon become "truth."
- Why would Ang Lee go up to and try to introduce himself to Madonna? That's the part of this story I don't believe.
- It's a shame - gay men used to be known for excellent taste and cutting edge sensibilities.
Now we're known for defending old, pointless has beens like Grandmadonna.
- Mariah who? I'm the best selling female in America.
- "What was up with Rosenbitch's unprovoked shade to Kelly Ripa?"
That comment wasn't from Liz Rosenberg. It was supposedly from some unnamed source.
Also, it bears repeating, Ang Lee's side has DENIED this happened. But, whatever, carry on displaying your lack of reading comprehension.
- The majority of my fellow gay men have long been a big disappointment to me with their adoration of this self-absorbed, talentless woman. She made a career based on b-itchy attitude and shallow, facile "politics" in her "music". At least most of the other "gay icons" have had something substantial to offer.
- R31 please learn the difference between "than and then". Oh Dear indeed!
- According to the Guinness Book of Records, Billboard and the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry.
MADONNA IS THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME WORLDWIDE AND THE 4TH BIGGEST SELLING IN GENERAL.
In America Striesand, who has released more than 3 times as many albums as Madonna, is the biggest selling, with Madonna in second place and Mariah third.
Madonna is also the highest grossing solo touring artist (male or female) of all time with unadjusted grosses of 1.3 Billion.
These are facts that can be Googled or go to the Guinness Records website.
And if Madonna is a has been, then every other over 50 artist is as Madonna is more successful than all of them on 2012.
If MDNA only selling 1.8 million was consideted a flop, than whay about the TERRIBLE sales of Streisands latest cash in duets album?
Madonna will probably be named the world's most powerful celebrity when Forbes comes out with their list in May.
And the Truth or Dare perfume wasn't released until April 2012 so she still made $40 million in 2011 without really doing anything
- R70 if you add Madonna's single sales to her album sales in American than she outsold Streisand in the US too, as Madonna has sold way more singled than her in the US and abroad.
And how is Madonna self absorbed do people on the DL know her personally?
As for her not having talent, you don't stay at the top for 30 years without any talent. Music producets who've worked with her have raved about her producing skills and songwriting.
The more successful you are the more people are jealous of you and wanna tear you down.
- Is Madge not embarrassed hanging around real filmmakers?
- I love r9
- And a has been doesn't sell 2.2 million tickets and have the years highest grosding tour.
A has been fakes an illness so she could cancel a tour that wasn't sold out to begin with due to low ticket sales. You all know who I'm talking about
A has been goes from arenas to theaters on tour. Madonna did the opposite on her last 2 tours and went from arenas to stadiums, due to popular demand.
If Madonna is a has been, THEN THE ENTIRE MUSIC INDUSTRY WOULD LOVE TO BE HAS BEENS LIKE HER. As she made more money last year than any of them.
- Someone should tell that talent-less old bag to stay home and read her Medicare Handbook.
- How did Madonna manage to end up throwing THE after-Oscar party? She's the last person who should be throwing a party for an event that celebrates the best in film.
- [quote]I love [R9]
- you guys are seriously a bunch of losers. Get lives please!
Firstly, none of you were present at said event.
Secondly, this is GOSSIP.
Thirdly, Ang Lee hasn't come out to say it's true.
Fourthly, Madge has said it's untrue.
Finally--enough with the "Madonna is irrelevant" as you same tools have started the 1,000th thread about her. And, she was named #1 for 2012. And, a hit tour. And, a hit album (sold more copies than Beyonce's or Rhianna's last cds!).
Get lives. Please.
- r70, please, hon...just let it go.
You sound like a deluded Tea Party scumbag.
Baby, you cannot argue FACTS.
Facts aren't opinions.
Madonna was that successful the past 2 years.
Grow the fuck up.
- R84 she's been throwing Oscar parties since at least 2010.
The A list LOVES IT because she doesn't allow press in and they can be themselves.
Supposedly John Travolta and Madonna danced together
Bradley Copper, Dicaprio, Clooney, Hathaway and even Jack Nicholson were there.
Madonna usually throws it with friend Demi Moore, but Demi was on vacation in Europe so she handled it by herself this year.
Ashton Kutcher, another good friend of Madonna's, was also there. As was Selena Gomez and Ben Affleck
One of the reasons Elton trashed Madonna was because he was pissed that she started taking the big name guests from his Oscar party.
Elton of course, after his rants, did say nice things about Madonna and claimed that they had lunch together and kissed and made up.
The press barely reported that.
- [quote]Supposedly John Travolta and Madonna danced together
Further proof that he is straight!
- Grandpa at R86, take your own advice and STFU.
There is no one who can actually claim the title of biggest selling. Some companies did not participate in the RIAA. Billboard has never been an accurate reporter of sales.
Madonna's elderly fans here are the most tiresome posters of the bunch. Start your own thread so you can bask in your middle aged glory and play your music on your turntables.
The rest of us couldn't care less. It's pathetic. How fucking old are you people?
- [quote]She's not the biggest selling artist in america. She's not the biggest selling artist in Japan. WORLDWIDE does not equate to only Europe. It means the entire world.
But R70, she IS the biggest selling artist in America with floppy beef curtains...
- R84, it's the AFTER-afterparty. When all the A-listers are done posing for the cameras and being seen at the Vanity Fair party or Elton John's, they pop over to Guy Oseary's house for the private Madonna-Demi Moore (minus Demi this year) shindig, which goes on 'til the wee hours of the morning. I don't how or why these two are the hot ticket in town on Oscar night, maybe they just know how to throw great parties.
- R86 exactly and the supposed big artists of the moment like Bieber and One Dirwction have only sold slightly more (2.5 milliin and 3 million) than Madonna did with her last album.
In a few short years physical CD's will be extinct and big name artists may even give their songs away for free, because there is no money to be made off album sales anymore it's irrelevant
Being a huge touring act and selling out stadiums is now the measuring stick for an artists success this day an age
The actual album itself is almost like tour memorabilia like a tour book.
Artists use to tour to promote the album, now artists release the albums to promote their tours.
If you don't establish yourself as a big touring act who can deliver, you'll have a very short lived career. Especially since radio stops playing artists after they turn 35.
- FYI - even if it DID happen...Lee's camp would issue a press release denying it because it only serves to damage his life and name to be dragged into this.
Can you imagine if he confirmed? Or didn't say anything? The press would turn it into one of those never-ending "Hollywood Feuds" that they could then write about til the end of time.
So issuing a denial is essential and is frequently done in situations like this.
So the fact that his camp denied it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
- R90 I'm 32 I'm not that old!
- Ang Lee has class.
- I hate Ang because he COULD have changed the ending to Broke Back Mountain and he DIDN'T !
- R97 He didn't write the screenplay.
- Beyonce is smart and she even admits she took lessons from Madonna's business sense
She concentrating more on touring for now on and I think her upcoming tour will be really successful, she realizes that she's getting older and radio won't support her after she hits 35, hell radio didn't support her with her last album
Her last tour grossed about $120 million with 106 shows, not Madonna numbers but very good.
It's the highest grossing tour ny a black female artist ever.
- r90, I hate to break it to you, but I'm certainly not a grandpa unless you consider a 33 y o good looking guy "grandpa"
I just can't fucking stand the b.s. of some of you jealous people.
Use that vitriol for someone deserving of our scorn.
- R100 exactly I always think it's funny when people on the DL act like Madonna's core fan base is her age or older.
She has always trended as far as her fans go a good 15-20 years younger than her. A majority of her fanbase is in their 30s. Even my Mom who is 2 years younger then Madonna told me that she was a fan of Madonna back in the day, but all her friends at work didn't like her and thought that Madonna only appealed to kids and teens. My mom said she never knew anybody in their 20s in the 80s who liked Madonna, it was all kids, tweens and teens.
- She's a horrible, stuck-up, nasty, rude, evil, megalomaniac cunt from hell. So what else is new?
- R101, thanks so much for telling us about your mumsie so we have the official word on all things Vadge.
But you don't capitalize "mom" unless you are making a second-person address to or about her. "My mom" is correct. Just because she's crapped you out doesn't give her a capital letter. Too bad while she was educating you about Madonna she was letting your English skills slide.
- She truly is America's Beloved Cunt.
- r19 -- I just read the wiki article about the recording of Like a Virgin, and nowhere does it state that the writers were in the studio when it was recorded. In fact, if you reread it, they didn't hear Madonna's vocals until the entire song was completed. My friend swears by the story, and says Billy and Tom were crushed by her coldness.
I'm really surprised that she's been so successful for so long; you'd think karma would have hit her at some point, no?
- who, r104, Madge or the grammar cunt at r103?
- God, don't people get tired of talking about Madonna? I mean this thread has been done to death across the years. Just plug in the new statistics for each iteration.
- R107 because she's still very relevant, even people who claim to hate her are obsessd with her! She can't take a shit without it being reported by the media. Sometimes I wish she could be one of those aging artists who jusy releases albums and tours without the media still being obsssed with them and blowing everything out of proportion.
Why can't she be like Mccartney or Dylan doing her thing without the constant media scrutiny? I especially hate when tabloids like Daily Mail purposely make up fake stories about her knowing it'll get them website hits because people are still interested in every little thing she does.
If Madonna's publicist called the DM tomorrow and told them Madonna wants to do an interview with you, they'd kiss her ass.
- [quote]She wonders what it feels like for a girl
That is not what that song is about.
- [quote]Responds to an introduction at CAA's party with "I'm not interested."
She just misspoke. She meant to say, "I'm not interesting."
- The Madonnabot is Madge herself!!!
I'd direct you to:
CRAZY FOR YOU
- Madonna always had beautiful eyes but early on she had a granny mouth with a wide ended nose and mole. Through careful tweaks over the years she has eradicated that and now looks more like _________. She even robs people's looks like she stole styles and patents.
- [quote]Why can't she be like Mccartney or Dylan doing her thing without the constant media scrutiny
Dylan and McCartney didn't dress up like majorettes when they were senior citizens, nor did they offer concertgoers a quick peek at their half-century old chest during performances.
- Look I don't think everything she does is above criticism, I do however have a problem with people telling lies and then over on the DL she's getting ripped to shreds once again FOR NO REASON
If you don't like her that's great! But the personal vicious attacks against her like calling her a cunt or old goes way above simple criticism. Especially since she's always been an ally to the gay community
And then people on the DL call her a has been or irrelevant but the very fact that you have to post on every single topic on her makes her very relevant. If she was so irrelevant no one would care and the Daily Mail would stop making up stories on her, they do it because they know they'll get traffic with Madonna stories
As for her being a has bern, the FACTS this past year speak for themselves. Could MDNA have been a better album? Yes, were the album sales dissapointing? Yes, are album sales irrelevant in this day and age? Yes. Was her MDNA Tour amazing and did it out gross every othet tour last year? Yes.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the madgebot is a sibling of Madonna. IIRC, her siblings were working on her early tours. It wouldn't surprise me they would come to her aid now.
- You got it R114. Madonna is a joke.
- R114 she's 54 that's not a senior citizen and her body looks good for her age. And her boob popped out ONE TIME IN CONCERT. It was never part of the choreography of the show.
Madonna IS fighting ageism the way she once fought sexism in our society.
I didn't see no nipples at the 2 Madonna shows I was it.
Again the media takes something and runs with it.
I do however think when she releases her next album and tour she'll go back to a more classy look and sound. Like an updated Ray of Light, enough of this MILF stuff.
- She never had as many hits as Janet or the adoration, which drives a lot on her batshit crazy.
- [quote]she's 54 that's not a senior citizen and her body looks good for her age.
You're eligible for AARP at age 50.
However, to be fair, Madge won't be able to take advantage of the Denny's senior meal discounts for another year.
- R120 Plus she can't pull money from her IRA for another 5 years without a huge tax penalty.
- Quit bragging about Madge's touring numbers! Everyone knows that nostalgia acts (Elton/Joel, The Eagles and the Stones to name three recent acts off of the top of my head) sell like crazy because the acts know that:
A. Their fans want to go and see the musicians that represents their youth and
B. They can afford to pay astronomical prices to do just that.
And I like Madonna just fine, btw. I just hate when the Madgebot constantly screams "TOUR SALES, TOUR SALES," without understanding context. More important than overall sales is THE PRICES OF THE INDIVIDUAL TICKETS!
- R119 what? Madonna has had more hits than Janet in America and every other country!
Madonna 38 US top 10 hits, 12 #1's
Janet 26 US top 10 hits, 10 # 1's
Madonna 20 US top 10 albums, 8 #1's
Janet 9 US top 10 albums, 3 #1's
Madonna 65 million certified albums sales in US Janet 26 million.
Madonna 80 million certified album sales in Europe, Janet 12 mllion.
Without inflation Madonna's combined touring grosses 1.3 Billion
Janet $350 million.
- I eat shit.
The Streep troll (tm)
- Zing! said 120.
- R119. Madonna 320 million records sold worlwide
Janet 100 million
Madonna 2 diamond selling albums in America
Janet 0 diamond selling albums in America
Madonna 4 albums on the 75 biggest selling albums worldwide list
Madonna 4 tours on the highest grossing tours of all time lists, including the top 2 for a female artist
Janet 0 tours on the list
Madonna massive critical acclaim for albums like Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and Music and her Blond Ambition Tour still regarded as one of the greatest tours of all time
Janet good reviews for TheVelvet Rope.
Madonna named one of TIME magazines25 most important and influential women of the century
Madonna listed by the Guinness Book as the worlds' biggest selling and most successful female artist of all time.
Madonna more top 10 hits (38) than any artist in music history on the Billboard charts AND world charts
- R122 Elton doesn't sell like crazy on tour, the numbers and attendance from his greatest hits tour were dissapointing.
R119 you do know that Madonna has more top 10 HITS than any artist in the history of the Billboard charts on the world charts she has something like 48 top 10's and a record 22 #1 singles.
Madonna also has more combined #1's on the Billboard charts (154) than any artist in Billboard history.
Madonna last had a top 10 Hot 100 hit last year with the forgettable Give Me All Your Love
Janet last had a top 10 in 2001.
- R120 like Madonna would even set foot in Denny's she has more money than God and is due to over take Oprah on the uocoming highest paid entertainers Forbes list for 2012.
- R105, have you seen her face lately? Karma done hit her HARD.
- R122 I understand context Madonna played to 2.2 million fans, just as Springsteen did.
During her 08/09 Sticky and Sweet Tour people were saying that the reason the tour grossed so much, $408 milliin was because of high ticket prices.
I then informed them that the tour sold 3.5 million tickets with only 85 shows, even with the prices IT STILL SOLD THE MOST TICKETS OF ANY TOUR THAT YEAR.
- I'm embarrassed for the Granmadonna Stans who keep spouting bogus stats,which doesn't make up for irrelevance. Meanwhile all of us under 30 are laughing at this shit.
- I'm sure plenty of people over 30 hate the ugly old cunt too.
- R131 how are these stats bogus? They are all official and can easily be Googled, so why would I even lie?
I guess the truth does hurt
And by the way I'm only 32.
- Madonna has yet another record to break and one to tie with her next album.
If the album debuts at #1 she'll break her tie with Janet as the female artist with the most CONSECUTIVE #1 albums I'm Billboard history, it will be her 6th consecutive and 9th #1 overall.
If it's her 9th #1 album she'll tie Streisand as the female with the most #1 albums on the Billboard charts.
- R131 Madonna's 38 Billboard top 10 songs. More than any artist in Billboard history
Borderline, Lucky Star, Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Crazy for You, Angel/Into the Groove, Dress You Up, Live to Tell, Papa Don't Preach, True Blue, Open Your Heart, La Isla Bonita, Who's That Girl, Causing a Commotion, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish, Keep it Together, Vogue, Hanky Panky, Justify My Love, Rescue Me, This Used to be my Playground, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, I'll Remember, Secret Take a Bow, You'll See, Don't Cry for me Argentina, Frozen, Ray of Light, Music, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day, Hung Up, 4 Minutes and Give Me All Your Love.
- She hasn't had a #1 in America since 2000 and hasn't had a solo hit since 2005.
- R131 I take offense when I'm stating STATISTICAL FACTS and I'm being called a liar.
Everything I have stated about Madonna can be verified through Google, Guinness Records page, Media Traffic, Billboard etc.
I never lie about her record breaking achievements, just because YOU don't like her don't accuse me of lying.
You must be a Gaga fan, by the way how's her tour going?
- The squealing retarded Madonna fangurl at R35/39/40 needs to shut his retarded asshole mouth. What an idiot! He'd eat the peanuts out of Madonna's shit.
She's a novelty act in that she is a person without any great talent for anything except for self-promotion. She's mediocre in all aspects (singing, dancing, songwriting, looks). She tried to be an "actress" and failed miserably at it. Her entire career has been based on ONE thing: sex. She's in her fifties and she's still trying to foist herself off on the public as a 25 year old "boy toy", flashing her nipples and rump onstage. Truly desperate to remain "controversial", she's also brought guns and swastikas into her act.
The only reason she's lasted as long as she has is because she is willing to do ANYTHING to stay in the limelight. I mean, we're talking about a woman who allowed herself to be photographed naked with her legs spread wide open (a forest of hair mercifully obscured her vulva) and with her nose in a guy's asshole. Who has has stooped to such desperate measures? No one that I know of. She's unique in that respect. When she's 65 she'll probably do another SEX book and her retarded fans will drool over it.
- R136 but she had a bunch of #1 SALES singles in America in the 2000's, if Billboard didn't insist on including airplay for a songs Hot 100 chart position, all her songs that went to #1 on the sales charta, would've went to #1 on the main Hot 100.
Most artists collaborate these days, 75% of Rihanna's hits are collaborations
- Whatever happened to those African children that she bought? After she bought them you used to see photos of her with them quite frequently, but you never see them anymore. I guess they're not cute enough for photo ops anymore.
I remember a hilarious picture of her carrying the boy; he was quite large and way past the age where anyone would need to carry him. I guess she wanted to show the world what a good mother she is: "look at me! I carry my big African boy child around in my arms! I am such an attentive, loving mother!"
- " 75% of Rihanna's hits are collaborations"
No, they aren't.
Point is: Madonna can't score a hit without the use of a young artist.
- Obviously she didn't feel that Lee could be of any benefit to her as she is well known as a major user of people. She's too stupid to realize she'll be an old, lonely woman one day. She'll sit back every day crying about the fact that no one will visit her or return her calls.
Hateful no talent bitch.
- Now you're trying to drag Rhi Rhi into this? Will the Madgestan ever cease?
The one thing Madonna is good at is copying Janet, Whitney, Britney, Xtina, Beyonce and now Ga Ga and Rhianna. Look up derivative.
- Madonna's fabulous and you're all just a bunch of boring farts with some really weird complexes.
- R138 Fuck you and that's funny that you claim her success is based on Sex.
When she put her clothes back on and begin maturing as an artist that's when she received amazing critical acclaim and sales.
I'm talking Evita, Ray of Light and the Music album from 96-01, it was the most sexless period of her career and yet the most artistic, critically and commercially successful period. How does that work for someone who only sells sex?
Madonna would never do another Sex book, except for that nipple slip up, she hasn't done nudity in over 20 years. In fact Warners wanted to reprint the book and she told them no way.
It's not like she needs the money anyway.
As for her film career, she's appeared in a number of successful films and a number of flops. It hasn't been a great success but it's not a complete failure either.
Her film career has more or less parrelelled Elvis, but she did earn acclaim and a Golden Globe for Evita.
- Leave Rhi Rhi alone.
- To the rabid Madonna fan(s): Do you really think that Madge loves you back? If you encountered her somewhere, she'd treat you like S*&^t,the same way she treats anyone else. When she yells out in a concert that she loves you, do you really believe it? She loves the money, honey. Not you. You are beneath her.
- R141 yes they are look them up
R143 how the fuck did Madonna copy any of these artists? They've all mentioned her as a role model and influence.
Madonna copying Britney or Rihanna? Rihanna has stated numerous times that Madonna is her idol and even went on Andy Cohen's show and beggd Madonna to duet with her
If it wasn't for Madonna NONE of these girls would exist
- To the rabid Madge-a-holic, go have a breakdown somewhere. We don't like her all that much. Deal with it. And earth to madgebot, she probably wouldn't love ya back, hon. Just sayin.
A sampling of the first three songs you provided.
"Crazy for you."
The word feel is associated with the other person. Ex: "Can't you feel" and "You'll feel it". When she speaks about herself she says "I'm crazy"
She says "I'm so excited" but when she talks about love she depersonalizes the experience, saying "It's true love." Not that she is feeling true love. I get you are inferring that. But she's not actually saying that she felt it or feels it. What she does say about herself is "I never knew love" "I've cried" "I searched."
"So tired" "I want more" "I can't let go" "I was never satisfied"
She does say "I cherish...the joy" but then gives the other person the power over this "You got the power to make me feel good." She doesn't have the power to make herself feel good.
- How sad that R148's retirment community doesn't have as much bandwith to work with now because he's on here posting made up stuff about that aging werebeast Madonna. Oh yes, music as we know it wouldn't have existed without Madonna's boney influence. Queen, please!
- R143 name me ONE instance where Madonna copied any of these people, please I'm dying to know
Did you know that Lady Gaga's former stylist openly admitted that they purposely ripped off Madonna when styling Gaga?
Gaga also dedicated her first album to Madonna
Beyonce has listed Madonna as one of her idols, how did Madonna copy her, I'm dying to know?
Rihanna and Katy Perry have both admittd that they would love to work with Madonna.
How did Madonna copy Whitney? Too completely different artists, I've never seen Madonna running around with a crack pipe
And as for David her adopted son, the paps got pics of the whole family and her young boyfriend on holiday in Swirtzerland a few weeks ago.
- R148 I'm 32 and made up stuff? Like I said before EVERYTHING I have said can be verified.
Google Madonna's Guinness World Records
Or Madonna highest grossing solo touring artist of all time and see what you come up with
- R143 Xtina admitted herself that the Not Myself Tonight video was a direct homage and inspiration from Madonna's Express Yourself video.
How did Madonna copy Xtina, all these girls look up to and idolize Madonna and not to be mean but Madonna ain't gonna copy off of anyone that's less successful than her and that's every female in the music business
- R143 I still want examples of how Madonna the most successful female artist of all time copied any of these ladies?
Rihanna also admitted that her S&M video was a tribute to Madonna's Human Nature video and that she wants to be the Black Madonna
How did Madonna copy her again?
I'm DYING to know!
- I don't know why anyone likes the old bitch - she's mean and miserable and gets worse with age.
The Oscar parties probably remind her of the one thing all her money can never buy her - a career in movies.
- [quote]The one thing Madonna is good at is copying Janet, Whitney, Britney, Xtina, Beyonce and now Ga Ga and Rhianna.
So very true, PARTICULARLY about Janet. When it comes to Janet, Madonna has always been insanely jealous. It all goes back to that Truth or Dare scene when her dancer told her she looked very "Janet Jackson, Rhythm Nation," in the outfit she was wearing, to which Madonna said "Bite your tongue."
And then there's that embarrassing militant rendition of "Holiday" from The Girlie Show tour where she tried her hardest to mimic Janet ala Rhythm Nation and just came across as a desperate hack with absolutely NO rhythm at all (pun intended).
- R141 and yet up until Hung Up every single one of her 36 top 10 hits were solo hits, that's unheard of today with everyone doing collabos.
- [quote]I still want examples of how Madonna the most successful female artist of all time copied any of these ladies?
"I did what my father said and let my mother mold me..."--JANET, Control, 1986
"That's what my mama told me...I let my father mold me..."--MADONNA, Deeper and Deeper, 1992
- She did embarrass herself on that tour, didn't she R157. Janet must have been laughing her ass off.
- 1. Aisha v. Madonna (civil rights and copyright infringement)
2. Sorrentino v. Madonna (assault and battery on a 10-year-old child)
3. Myers v. Madonna (civil rights violations)
4. Ronald J Myers v. Madonna (civil rights violations)
5. Barrier v. Madonna (civil rights violations)
6. Bourdin v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
7. Easy Street Records v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
8. Acquaviva v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
9. D’Onofrio v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
10. Iving L Williams v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
11. Eon Net LP v. Madonna (copyright /patent/trademark infringement)
12. Rich Kidd Music Publishing, Inc. v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
13. Winterland v. Madonna (copyright infringement)
14. Hobe Cie. LTD v. Madonna (trademark infringement
- R157 why would Madonna be jealous of Janet? Madonna's richer, more famous, sold more albums more cultural impact has more hits, more ticket sales etc.
Rihanna came out in 2005, Madonna released 3 albums and about 10 videos since then, again did Madonna create some sort of time travel machine where she can copy off of her or some shit.
Madonna and Beyonce are nothing alike in performance styles, and again I want an example of when THE MADONNA copied her.
I know Beyonce recently called Madonna an influence as a performer and business woman.
AND AS FOR GAGA HER ENTIRE CAREER IS A RIP OFF OF MADONNA HER OWN PEOPLE HAVE ADMITTED IT!
- Janet is more outwardly and blatantly copied by today's pop divas than Madonna, and that's just the truth--stats aside. Every pop diva today from Britney to Kelly Rowland has either jacked Janet's style visually, dance-wise, or in concert. They've all, from Rihanna to JLO, given Janet props and pretty much said that she was the reason they even got into showbiz.
- R161, what's your point? That list tells me nothing.
- [quote]why would Madonna be jealous of Janet? Madonna's richer
BWAAHAHAHA! Bitch, please don't make me laugh.
Janet--super wealthy before but now a BILLIONAIRESS
- R159 wow a line of lyrics in pop music with some similarities, amazing.
Wasn't the whole Janet era basically a softer version of Madonna's Erotica era? Even MTV said it
By the way back in 2008 Madonna said that she really liked Janet's new song Feedback.
- [quote]Wasn't the whole Janet era basically a softer version of Madonna's Erotica era? Even MTV said it
No, what critics said (including feminist Camille Paglia) that janet. was warm and sexy while Erotica was stark, cold and anything but sexy. Some critics said that janet. was everything Erotica tried to be.
- They make a nice couple R165. It's great to see Janet, still a young woman, settled down and acting like an adult with an age appropriate man. You won't catch her running around with 12 year old boyfriends, who only fuck her for her money, stealing the life force out of them like some ragged old succubus.
- Madonna is like Betty White -- giving it all she's got, despite her advanced age. No rocking chairs for either of those plucky gals!
- R164 exactly any successful entertainer who's bern aground for years gets sued over stupid shit and in Madonna's case the judge always throws it out of court.
There is literally not one female artist around today in pop who doesn't mention Madonna as an influence ftom Miley to Kesha to Carly Rae Jepsen, MIA, Nicki Minaj, Britney, Christina, Katy, GaGa(we know), JLO, Beyonce, Christina, Rihanna
They've done Madonna inspired videos and everything
Katy did a cover of Like a Virgin
Rihanna did a cover of Vogue
Yet according to R143 Madonna supposedly copied these ladies?
- R168 what money? She was broke and bankrupt before marrying this guy for money
Madonna actually worked for her hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions!
- Kurt Loder of MTV said in '98 "The thing with Madonna and this new album (Ray of Light) is that she's one stop a head of everybody, in fact with the Velvet Rope Janet is doing with Madonna already did 5 years ago with Erotica."
- R169 Janet will be 47 this year, how is that young?
Does she even have a record label yet, I know the last one dropped her
I read somewhere that she said she was gonna concentrate on acting more and might not sing again. True?
- "She was so vibrant, she had so much energy. She still has power. I’ve seen her on stage, and she can stand there for 20 minutes and have the whole arena scream at her. You have to love Janet." -- RIHANNA
- R174 What High School Auditorium did Rihanna see Janet at?
- [quote]what money? She was broke and bankrupt before marrying this guy for money
Broke? Bitch, please. Janet Jackson IS one of the richest women in the entertainment industry, with or without her new wealthy husband. Her net worth was upwards of $150 million before the marriage, and with her standing to gain control of her Virgin masters sometime this year, her personal wealth will only go UP.
- [quote] Madonna is like Betty White -- giving it all she's got, despite her advanced age. No rocking chairs for either of those plucky gals!
Betty White can FART on key and on pitch far better than Grandmadonna can sing these days.
- That is when Madonna stopped evolving (Ray of Light). That was a long time ago (15 years? B-Y-E, Madonna). I heard she mean girl'ed her way out of Hollywood, so the Ang Lee thing is just more of her being a bitch. She is a giant C-U-N-T ... I can't remember anyone in show business ever complimenting her.
- LOL R115, now your insane jealousy and ramblings are starting to show, much like Madonna's blue varicose veins.
- [quote]Kurt Loder of MTV said in '98 "The thing with Madonna and this new album (Ray of Light) is that she's one stop a head of everybody, in fact with the Velvet Rope Janet is doing with Madonna already did 5 years ago with Erotica."
Please. Kurt Loder's opinion was always irrelevant. In '98, he was 53 years old, so who the fuck was he to know what was hip and cool with the kids? Plus, he's white, and white gays have always put down Janet since they're so racist.
- [quote]Does she even have a record label yet, I know the last one dropped her
Janet Jackson ASKED TO BE LET OUT OF HER ISLAND/DEF JAM DEAL, you twit. Google is your friend. Besides, all of that is moot anyway, because we're talking about a woman who signed two of the biggest record deals in HISTORY in the 1990s, which twice made her the highest paid singer of all time.
- Lady Gaga calls JANET A LEGEND
- R177 Madonna's vocals on songs like Falling Free off of MDNA are quite beautiful, too bad she didn't release that as a single.
By the way Betty White is almost 40 years older than Madonna
- J LO says Janet's "Pleasure Principle" was the reason she got into show biz
- Rihanna ripped her stage tease directly from Janet's famed ones...
- [quote]It’s not unusual that people might find her a bitch. She’s not walking the room, smiling like Kelly Ripa. She’s not a prom queen.”
Kelly Ripa's a big Madonna fan, she's not going to like this.
- Britney has been copying Janet for years...
- Here's Jennifer Lopez talking about how Janet inspired her to get into show biz...
- Beyonce, TLC, Britney, Ciara...they've ALL taken a page from Janet's book...
- I think it goes without saying that Janet's entire career has been about innovating, while at the same time keeping it classy and real.
Madonna on the other hand just wanted to be an actress. The music didn't mean anything to her. And when all of her acting gigs failed miserably and she was laughed out of Hollywood, she went crawling back to music and flashing her cooch. She's made some money off of some poor desperate souls, whom she wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, but she has a niche. She's more of a vintage act now. A nostalgia tour. Let's go see Madonna and pretend we're in eighth grade again.
- R180 oh please not the fucking race card! And Loder isn't even gay.
Madonna's last great album was Confessions on a Dancefloor which came out the end of 2005, it was hugely successful commercially and critically.
Her last 2 albums were OK, but beneath Madonna's standards
She really needs to get back to being a creative artist and showing off her strengths and stop still trying to be sexy.
When American Life came out Madonna did some TV shows where she played guitar and sung songs off the album that she wrote, her natural voice really sounded good back then, that Madonna needs to come back
No dancers, no sexy clothes, just her up there singing with an instrument
- In Beyonce's "Life is But a Dream" documentary, she said that when she was young she looked up to performers like Janet, and she nows try to do for little girls what Janet did for her back then. There was no mention of Madonna.
- For years, R&B star Ciara has gotten the charge that she's just a Janet 2.0, and she always speaks of wanting to work with Janet (much like the late Aaliyah always used to say).
- R189 I've heard them all mention Madonna as an influence as well. Left Eye even said she dressed like Madonna back in the day as did LllKim.
- Miss Kurt Loder is almost 70.
- Kelly Clarkson covering Janet's "If"
- R192 your point? Last month Beyonce told a magazine that she looks up to Madonna as a performer and business woman and that more women in the music business should be like Madonna.
- P!nk covered Janet's "Rhythm Nation" for the Happy Feet sequel
- Robyn covering Janet's "When I Think of You"
- [quote] And Loder isn't even gay.
So...you're vision impaired?
- line from Lil' Kim single "Lighters Up"
--"I'm the hottest bitch on the planet, biggest sex symbol since JANET..."
- Madonna article about her jelousy of other artists.
- R190 Madonna actually came to New York to be a Broadway dancer, she startd playing instruments and writing songs and became a drummer and guitarist for a punk rock band she then decided she wanted to be a Singer
Janet was the one who started out in acting.
People aren't going to pay HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS THE WORLD OVER to see Madonna perform as some nostalgic act
Ain't nobody doing it for Janet!
Again Madonna only performs about 6 classic songs per tour
And you don't become the biggest selling female artist of all time by being a niche and she's made "some money" she's the wealthiest female singer ever with a net worth of $650 million BEFORE last year's haul is added.
Why are people so jealous and bothered by her success?
- Kelly Rowland's performance on the BET Awards a couple of years ago was a direct homage to...
- ...Janet's 1997 I Get Lonely performance on the Lady of Soul Soul Train Awards
- R190 all of her acting gigs didn't fail, she's been in some very successful films and one a Golden Globe for Evita
Madonna never crawled back to music, because she never left it she was always releasing albums every other year.
If Madonna wantd too she could finance her own big budget movie to star in, but Madonna has said that she probably won't act anymore that was 10 years ago and she's been true to her word.
- Here's what Janet thought about HAGdonna's lame Super Bowl performance (you know, the one where she nearly fell on her ass because she couldn't walk in those ridiculous boots, and went on to be upstaged by everything, including the special effects...)
tee hee hee
- Janet's "That's the Way Love Goes" stayed atop the Hot 100 for 8 weeks in 1993--longer than any other hit by any other Jackson.
It took Madonna many years to catch up to Janet's 5 consecutive #1 albums, and she still can't claim having 7 top 10 Hot 100 hits from one album, which only Janet's "RN 1814", MJ's "Thriller" and Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA" can claim (although all of RN's hits went top 5...).
It took ten years for Janet's All For You song's first-week-spins record to be bested by Lady Gaga's Born This Way single.
Janet is the only female with two albums that have no less than six Hot 100 Top 10 singles (RN and janet.). She also has more Billboard Awards than any other artist in history, and she has more R&B #1s than any other woman (save Aretha). She even has more R&B #1s than her late brother Michael.
- R186 Maybe Kelly Ripa will quit kissing Vadge's ass and finally see her for what she really is - a mean old bitch.
- Wow, the Janbot has been activated and all I see is a sea of yellow! Calm the fuck down, Janbot.
- "As for her film career, she's appeared in a number of successful films and a number of flops. It hasn't been a great success but it's not a complete failure either.
Her film career has more or less parrelelled Elvis, but she did earn acclaim and a Golden Globe for Evita."
"A number of successful films?!" HAHAHHAHHA!
All of the films Madonna has STARRED in have been FLOPS. She was a supporting player in a few movies that were hits (three, I think) but her being in them had nothing to do with their success.
You're an ignorant retard, so I'll fill you in on a few things. Just about ALL of Elvis Presley's films made money; he was a POPULAR film star. As for Evita...well, she played a slutty, ambitious cunt in that movie, that is, herself. And Pia Zadora won a Golden Globe, so that should tell even a retard like you how much winning a Golden Globe is worth.
- Has anyone noticed how Vadge has never dated an Asian (at least not that I'm aware of)?
- What that fucking cunt meant is that she's not interested in appearing in a well-reviewed film or working with a director who expects her to turn in a good performance. Besides, he's a straight Asian male who's close to her own age so she's REALLY not interested.
I don't see how such a haggard old bitch has managed to remain somewhat relevant all these years!
- "Maybe Kelly Ripa will quit kissing Vadge's ass and finally see her for what she really is - a mean old bitch."
Except neither Madonna or anyone associated with her actually made that comment.
- Is there a way to tag threads so they don't show up on DL?
- Douse the Janbot and Madgebot in gasoline and BURN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- If the moronic Madonna fangurl on this ever encountered Madonna in the flesh he'd probably shriek "Oh, Madonna!I love you! You're so fabulous! You're the greatest entertainer of all time! I adore and worship you! And she would would probably sneer "get away from me, you miserable little weirdo" and have her bodyguards throw him down a flight of stairs.
- R211 Evita and Desperately Seeking Susan in which she starred in were hits. Truth or Dare was one of the highest grossing documentaries of all time
Elvis did not have big film success the only movie he starred in that was a hit was his debut.
R208 Madonna has never released more than 5 singles from an album so of course she doesn't have 6 or 7 top 10 singles from one album because she's never released more than 5 singles max, it would be impossible
For the record Madonna 38 top 10's Janet 28
Madonna 12 #1 singles, Janet 10
Madonna 20 top 10 albums Janet 9
Madonna 8 #1 albums, Janet 6
- And that's the sad part, R157.
- R209, In fairness Kelly Ripa kisses everyones ass. She is as fake as they come. You can tell half the guessts on that show Michael Strahan saved for her know it too. But yea, she does go even more overboard with Madonna.
- Oh, but you're forgetting, R158, that Janet was NEVER one to release albums back-to-back-to-back the way Madonna did, hence her lower album stats. Janet would release an album, wait 3 or 4 years, and then release another one. With Janet it was never about putting out albums in rapid succession just for the sake of it the way it was with Madonna. If Janet, during her heyday, wanted to release an album every two years, she could have.
Also, Janet's biggest sellers have never even been re-certified, so there's no telling how much they've sold to date (although the janet. album has sold in excess of 20 million worldwide to date, and that is WITHOUT re-certification).
- R207 the same Superbowl performance that became the most watched TV show in US TV history and had 3 million more viewers than the game itself and earned Madonna yet another Guinness World record?
Pick up the 2013 edition, nice picture of her too
And people were saying Beyonce would beat her in the ratings, ha ha!
- Give the poor old cunt a break - wouldn't you be in a bad mood all the time if you looked like an old sea hag? Even her ex-husband called her "it".
- Kelly Ripa and guest host Jeff Probst going gaga over Janet. Kelly tells her that for as gorgeous as she is, she's just that much more gorgeous in person...
- Since when did numbers of units sold become the standard for artistic excellence? The uneducated, faddist masses who buy music in throngs are the same idiots who eat processed cheese, watch AI, dine at McDonalds, and think portamento is an indication of authentic beauty.
Madonna has gobbled up everything she could find for decades and crapped it out in canny, digested, commercial portions. That it has pleased its intended audience just means she mastered the craft of attracting the sort of people who like to eat that sort of shit. The same goes for most of the rest of the talents out there making huge piles of money.
And in Madge's case the main subtext always has been the story of a daddy's girl who tries to shock people with sexuality to cover the fact that she is cold and incapable of real sexual pleasure.
At least Gaga pushed the veil aside and brought a dadaist sensibility to the enterprise. But she's fading.
- ALL HAIL THE JANBOT!
BOW, MORTALS, AND TREMBLE AT HER AWE AND FURY!
- Janet snatching wigs left and right in 1990 when she won the coveted MTV Vanguard Award (it's no wonder Madonna was jealous!).
Notice how Magic says she's the "Queen of pop, soul, country...everything!"
- R162, is this "nice picture" of Madonna the one you're referring to? Y'know, the one of her stained crotch?
- R221 like Janet Madonna's back catalogue is also notoriously undercertified.
Even if Janet released half the albums, Madonna did Madonna still outsold her.
Madonna 20 albums and singles= 320 million records sold
Janet 12 albums and singles=100 million records sold
Janet's biggest sellers worldwide
Janet. 20 mil
Rhythm Nation 15 mil
Control 13 mil
The Immaculate Collection 30 mil
True Blue 25 mil
Like a Virgin 21 mil
Ray of Light 20 mil
And Madonna has more MTV Awards than any artist and again AWARDS MEAN NOTHING
Control 13 mil
- Holy shit, I just hit the troll-dar on [R81] and the thread lit up like a Christmas Tree. It's really weird and sick how some people are so invested in a celebrity to the point of lunacy. Then again, stars are vain enough to be on Google Alerts, so this is probably one of Janet's people.
- how did this thread become about Janet Jackson?
- R227 um Madonna was the first artist ever to receive the Video Vanguard award back in 1986 retard.
I'm surprised she agreed to accept it, Madonna usually turns down "special" awards because they don't mean anything.
She also accepted the Artist of The Decade Award from MTV, Janet wasn't even nominated.
- [quote]how did this thread become about Janet Jackson?
For some bizarre reason, whenever there's a negative thread about GRANDMAdonna, her stans try to change the subject by bringing up Janet Jackson out of nowhere to divert from the original topic.
It happens ALL the time and is REALLY weird.
- Sorry, I meant R181.
- R231 the Janet troll found his way in he always bashes Madonna every chance he gets. I have never once posted on a Janet thread, but everytime a Madonna thread happens the Janbot goes bersek.
He really is jealous at Madonna's continued success and thinks to himself, why is Madonna still selling out stadiums and arenas and Janet is playing theatres.
How come Madonna still has the occasional hit, while Janet hasn't had a hit since 2001.
How come no record company wants to sign Janet?
Hoe much money is Madonna making this year?
It's not fair!!!!
- R233 must you refer to her as Grandmadonna? She doesn't even have any grand kids!
The ageism and sexism on this board is crazy
- [quote]Hoe much money is Madonna making this year?
Oh Mr. Freud would have a field day with the one.
- "How come Madonna still has the occasional hit, while Janet hasn't had a hit since 2001."
Madonna's hits are minor, they're really nothing to brag about. Hung Up was really the only impressive single because it was successful without featuring an artist 25 years younger, and that only reached #9. NOTHING to brag about.
Janet had the whole industry turn against her after Justin Timberlake exposed her titty at the superbowl. Don't play dumb, boy.
Janet had a lot more youth appeal going into the 200s because she was an urban artist. If not for the superbowl, she would have continued her reign.
- R238 correction Hung Up went to number seven and spent four weeks at number one on the singles SALES chart.
Hung Up also sold an amazing nine million copies worldwide and went to number one in forty three countries it entered the Guinness Book of records for the single tooping the charts in the most countries. Janet and Madonna herself never had a song that big, it's the biggest selling song of Madonna's career.
Four Minutes went to number three but spent two weeks at number one one itunes sales, it also went to number one in over thirty countries, becoming the biggest worlwide hit of Justin's career.
- R238 I will admit the out cry over the Superbowl was RIDICULOUS
Even Madonna herself said that she doesn't know what the big deal was and that accidents happen on stage.
- [quote]the Janet troll found his way in he always bashes Madonna every chance he gets. I have never once posted on a Janet thread, but everytime a Madonna thread happens the Janbot goes bersek.
Bullshit. You were the loon in a previous Janet thread who foolishly said that the headset mic Janet famously wore in her earlier videos was originally known as the "Madonna Mic". In what world was it known as that?? That in and of itself shows just how delusional your mind is.
[quote]but everytime a Madonna thread happens the Janbot goes bersek.
More bullshit. Your crazy ass is the one who mostly creates these nonsensical threads about HAGdonna, and whenever there IS a Janet thread, you or some other Madonna Loon always promptly come in to hijack it, showing your insecurity. I'd be insecure too if the woman I worshipped looked like a withering old tree.
[quote]He really is jealous at Madonna's continued success and thinks to himself, why is Madonna still selling out stadiums and arenas and Janet is playing theatres.
Nice try, but nah. Janet's Up Close and Personal tour sold out around the world--without the benefit of a new album to back it. She went where there was demand, and there was demand everywhere--from Canada and the USA to Europe, Asia, Australia, South America and Africa. Many of Madonna's stops have not been sold out, and she couldn't even play in all staduims for a supposed "All Stadium" tour. Case in point: she was supposed to play the M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore (like U2 did a couple of years ago), but there was so little demand that she had to downgrade to the nearby Verizon Center Arena in Washington, DC. LOL!!
[quote]How come Madonna still has the occasional hit, while Janet hasn't had a hit since 2001.
Well, Janet was unfairly blacklisted after 2004's SB incident, so there's that. You and I both know that before that, Janet was STILL reigning on the pop charts. Even after, the quality of her output trumped Madonna's many times over (Janet's ALL NITE in 2004 trumps anything Madonna has put out in the past five years, as does her FEEDBACK and ROCK WITH U). We won't even go into the embarrassing Toni Basil rip-off that was the Hag's GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE. Even Rihanna puts out better music than that rubbish. Blech!
[quote]It's not fair!!!!
You're right. Janet is as youthful and gorgeous as ever, while Madonna...well...looking like this isn't fair, is it...?
- Fans lined up around the block in LA a couple of years ago to have their copies of Janet's #1 NY Times bestseller, TRUE YOU, signed by the One and Only...
- Janet fans going berserk for The Queen after her 2011 NYC Barnes & Noble booksigning for the #1 NY Times Bestseller TRUE YOU...
- "I'd be insecure too if the woman I worshipped looked like a withering old tree"
That line was funny.
- This Janet/Madonna battles utterly confuse me. A person can prefer whoever they want, of course.
But Madonna was by far the bigger star. I mean, I loathe her and MUCH prefer Janet's music, vibe and personality. But it's really not even close who was bigger in their primes and who remains bigger now past their primes. Sadly, it's Madonna by a mile.
- R241 according to Billboard and Pollstar all 88 dates on MDNA were sold out, do you actually wanna deny the facts!
Janet cancelled her2 008 arena tour because of the bad economy, Madonna started her record breaking and highest grossing tour for a solo artist of all time at the same time, it sold out everywhere and grossed $408 million
Janet last did a greatest hits theater tour, cause there's no way they would ever book her in arenas let alone stadiums like Madonna, I think the Janet tour made 15 million off of it being a greatest hits tour.
Madonna added a whole second leg of dates on her Stivky and Sweet tour due to poular demand.
She was only suppose to do 80 dates on her MDNA TOUR but added more dates due to popular demand
She became the first female artist to sell out Yankee Stadium, she did it in 20 minutes and another date was added.
JANET WILL NEVER EVER EVER PLAY THOSE PLACES. DEAL WITH IT!!!"
Madonna was one of the first artists to use the headset mic during her 1990 tour, since then a lot of others have used it and it's even refereed too as the Madonna mic on the industry.
- R9 got it right folks.
- R245 exactly only a delusional idiot would say different look at Madonna's stats compared to Janey there downright embarrassing for Janet
Madonna may be past her prime for making great albums, but her tours and as a performer she's better than ever. And the world public rewards her by giving her the top grossing and highest attended tour of the year everytime she hits the road.
Janet continues to downgrade her venues due to floppage, I'm think school auditoriums or shopping malls for her comeback tour?
- [quote]Madonna was one of the first artists to use the headset mic during her 1990 tour, since then a lot of others have used it and it's even refereed too as the Madonna mic on the industry.
You simply cannot be this stupid. Even for a Madonna fan, you just cannot be THIS delusional. I mean, are you fucking for real? On what planet is it known as the "Madonna mic"?
Janet Jackson popularized the headset mic during the 1986 "Control" era, often wearing it in videos and during live performances. Madonna, Bobby Brown and other pop acts followed suit (Madonna in Truth or Dare and Bobby Brown in his My Prerogative video, respectively--both which came WAY after "Control"). I don't know whether to laugh at you or feel sorry for your utter ignorance.
Janet--THE innvator and popularizer of the headsit mic
- Janet's music is not as good as Madonna's but let's call a spade a spade. If Madonna flashed her tit at the Superbowl, she would be given a second chance because she is white.It would be seen as another shock value artsy move on Madonna's part. She would get backlash for sure but the blacklist wouldnt be permanent. Black people dont get second chances in the media. Look at Chris Brown. He will constantly be typecast as womanbeater while the media lets Charlie Sheen and Sean Peen unscathed. Why wasn't Justin Timberlake blacklisted by Viacom? I bet if it was Usher he would have been blacklisted. Only white people get a second chance.
- Sean Penn* lol
- In October of 2011, rumors abounded in Baltimore that Madonna was going to play the M&T Bank Stadium, per a leaked tour itinerary. As it were, U2 had played there a year earlier and drew massive sellout crowds. Since Madonna's tour has been a stadium tour, it was only a given that she'd play there, right? Wrong. When the tickets for that area finally were made available, they were for neighboring Verizon Arena in DC, because there wasn't enough demand for Madonna in the area to warrant a stadium show. Fact.
Oh, and let's not forget how she was mercilessly booed on several stops during her latest Holdin' On To My Youth By A Thread Tour, particularly during a tiny theater show in Paris last year.
- [quote]Janet's music is not as good as Madonna's
That's definitely a matter of opinion. Madonna has not put out good music in YEARS. One of Janet's latest singles, the Club Play #1 "Make Me" is as funky and danceable as her stuff from the 80s, 90s and 2000s (and infinitely better than "Give Me All Your Love")...
- The official numbers Janet's Up Close and Personal/Greatest Hits tour grossed $16 million in 2010, it had a 98% sell out rate, she did 80 dates and sold about 500,000 tickets
Madonna's MDNA tour grossed $305 million, it had a 100% sell out rate, she did 88 dates and sold 2.2 million tickets.
If you're gonna compare box office grosses, have the decency to compare Madonna to another high grossing act, not the chump change Janet tours are making.
That's like comparing the box office of the Dark Knight to some obscure art house film.
They're not even in the same league!
- Madonna is a sociopath. Stop talking about her, you stupid fags. You wouldn't give you the time of day.
- R194, have a looksie at R189 and R192 and stop avoiding the unavoidable, dear.
- r250 is right, as much as I hate to admit it.
- [quote]They're not even in the same league!
You're right, and they never have been. In 2001, Janet's All For You tour and Madonna's Drowned World tour both played DC's Verizon Center, and here was one review from the Washington Post:
Janet Jackson, Diva Dynamo
[italic]In the Duelling Diva Smackdown that has filled MCI Center for five of the past nine nights, Janet Jackson KO’d Madonna with a two-hour show that favoured jubilant entertainment over sombre art, and embraced the past instead of avoiding it. Jackson, who opened a three-night stand at MCI on Thursday, also trumped Madonna in terms of staging, choreography and audience participation. Last weekend’s Madonna shows seemed downright cold compared with Jackson’s concerts, the last of which is to take place tonight.
Oddly enough, Jackson started her show the way Madonna ended hers, with a photo montage recapping ever shifting images from a 15-year career. That gave way to the real thing, atop a towering pedestal just big enough” to support her. Jackson, sporting a cream-coloured rhinestone outfit with low-riding fringe pants and a beaded halter top, descended to the spacious, white-tiled stage with eight dancers floating down behind her, and launched into the buoyant “Come On Get Up,” equal parts invitation and exhortation. The song’s sinewy dance-funk energy set the tone for the night and was immediately followed by the similarly aerobic “You Ain’t Right” and Jackson’s most recent hit, the smooth, sleek “All for You”...[/italic]
- R252 well Madonna WAS NEVER BOOKED THERE IT WAS A RUMOR THAT SHE WOULD PERFORM THERE.
Madonna was booed in Paris, because her FREE concerr was a shorter version of the show, but nobody told the audience, I would boo too. They were expecting the full 2 hour show and she only gave them an hour show then left the stage.
In Philly (were I was it) there were some boos because of her lateness, but as soon as she hit the stage THE PLACE WENT FUCKING CRAZY.
Due to popular demand, Madonna added a 4th NYC date at Madison Square Garden and I got to see her a second time, my 2 friends who weren't really fans were mesmerized by the show and are now big fans.
Madonna has 2 more albums and tours left with her $120 mil Live Nation contract
I have a feeling her final tour for them will be an all out greatest hits tour, Madonna will once again be in the record books with that tour
Did you know she has 4 of the top 10 highest grossing tours of all time by a female artist? Janet is nowhere to be seen
- R253 some of Madonna's best songs off MDNA weren't releasd as single like I'm addicted, Love Spent and Beautiful Killer they're all better than the singles released off the album.
- I don't think anyone has argued that Madonna is popular. What some people don't seem to understand is how the Madonna stans try to build her up by tearing down everyone else. In the Beyonce superbowl thread, they came in there squawking about Madonna. In every Janet thread they come in squawking about Madonna. There isn't a music thread on DL that the Madonna stans don't come in an take over by shitting all over every other music group. It is sad and pathetic. If your girl is so awesome, then why does it matter what other artists are doing? If Madonna is selling out stadiums, good for her. Why trash other artists? Most other fans just want to be left in peace, but the Madonna fans are like termites and ruin everything.
- Janet's RN Tour is STILL the most successful debut tour by ANY artist...
- R258 I can bring up a million reviews from critics where they praise Madonna and say negative things about other artists
Also the Drowned World Tout WAS very cold, arty and down right indulgent. She only petformed 2 classic songs! The whole show was quite depressing and angry, it may have been to arty and deep for her fans who expected a greatest hits tour.
I can't think of another popular female Singer who would do a show as risky as that.
- R201, they are insecure and mad because besides them (her femme, middle-aged white male fanbase), no one is REALLY checking for Madonna anymore. It's those pathetic sheep who keep her touring to half-filled stadiums.
- R262, who gives a shit about "best first tour" when that tour occured in the Jurassic Era?
You have your head up your JANBOT ass again.
- R261 but this is a Madonna thread and people are bashing her on gossip that turned out to be false!
The janbot, who's probably more obsessed with Madonna than me came in here sprouting bullshit over somebody who people haven't even thought about in years.
I mean Janet don't even have a record label, she's done
Maybe shell do cruise ships next!
Nobody's checking for her
- MDNA, an album that has the dubious distinction of not only cheating its way to the #1 spot on the charts in place of a far superior Greatest Hits album (Lionel Richie), but also as the album with THE BIGGEST PLUMMET FROM THE TOP SPOT in, like, YEARS!!!
"MDNA??? Is that the genetic code for freaks?" -- Janet
- R264 you mean stadiums that according to Billboard and Pollstar were all sold out?
Madonna sold 2.2 million concert tickets and 1.8 million albums last year that's pretty impressive for somebody who nobody is checking on.
Janet WOULD KILL FOR THAT SUCCESD AND YOU KNOW IT
By the way I'm 32, the 2 friends who saw Madonna with me, one was 31 and the other 27 hardly middle aged.
You're probably older than me!
- I love how Vadgestan keeps going on and on about being 32. You're only 10 years younger than my Dad. Settle down gramps.
- [quote]The janbot, who's probably more obsessed with Madonna than me came in here sprouting bullshit over somebody who people haven't even thought about in years.
Nobody's thought about in years? Yeah, only you and your deluded MANdonna cronies. Everything Janet does from cutting her hair a few years ago to marrying a gorgeous billionaire makes headlines. She was just honored by amfAR a couple of weeks ago looking more gorgeous than ever, and many celebs and fans alike are waiting for her new material.
You're also the one saying delusional shit like Madonna popularized the mic headset (when I already proved you wrong upthread) and who continuously spouts bullshit in other female pop act threads, including Janet's. Your hate is as obvious as the Hags hatred for every other female pop artist, even the ones who are more relevant than her and breaking her records on a monthly basis (Rihanna, Gaga, etc.)
- R267 it also has the distinction of going to #1 on the mosy countries in Itunes and it still sold more than Lionel Ritchies desperate country cash in worldwide
Gaga held the record for largest sexond week sales drop by a #1 album during the Soundscan era.
Yet the album still went gold in the US and outsold Janet's last album
So your point is pointless!
And for the 50th time, Madonna didn't cheat her way to #1, when you bought tickets you were offered the choice to buy the album, if you said yes $11 dollars was added to your tickey price and you received a redeemable voucher for the album
You still paid for the CD
- [quote]Janet WOULD KILL FOR THAT SUCCESD AND YOU KNOW IT
Keep dreaming, honey. Janet is not thinking about Madonna. While Madonna is frittering her decrepit ass 60-year-old life away killing herself on these half-filled stadium tours and trying to compete with more relevant and talented new divas, Janet is living the high life, looking gorgeous and jetsetting across the globe with her new husband and doing her thing (she was always a jetsetter, but doing it with her new billionaire spouse is only a plus).
- R270 Gaga HAS NEVER BROKEN A RECORD THAT MADONNA HAS SET
Her tour was a fiasco and despite doing more dates than Madonna and having cheaper ticket PRICES SHE STILL COULDN'T SELL ENOUGH TICKETS
Gags is done, Artpop will sell less than Born This Way, her next tour will make less than the previous
It's a downworld spiral from here on out to. Pride paradez in a few more years
Rihanna beat ONE Madonna record that I didn't even know Madonna had, for female artist to score 20 top 10 songs in the shortest amount of time and good for her.
Madonna loves Rihanna and Rihanna loves Madonna
Maybe Madonna will accept Rih's offer of a duet.
Madonna set records with her last album amd tour and even EXTENDED a few that she already set previously.
When her new album debuts Madonna will tie a record and set another record (see upthread).
If Madonna scores a top 10 hit when she's 55 she'll be the oldest female to have a top 10, if she scores a #1 single, she'll be the oldest artist to top the Hot 100
- Irrelevant, R211 (much like Madonna's music career). Gaga's BTW went platinum in the first week, so what it did in the second week is a moot point. MANdonna's album went, what, linoleum in the first week, right? Here are the facts. Read 'em and weep on your dusty Like A Virgin vinyls...
[bold]MDNA's percentage dip surpasses the record set by Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", when it fell 84.27% in its second week[/bold]
[italic]This week, Madonna's MDNA earns the distinction of the largest second-week percentage sales drop for a No. 1-debuting album since Nielsen SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991. The album slides from No. 1 to No. 8 on the Billboard 200 with a 86.7% sales decline (falling from 359,000 to 48,000 according to SoundScan).
The percentage dip surpasses the record set by Lady Gaga's Born This Way, when it fell 84.27% in its second week on the chart dated June 18, 2011. Born This Way bowed the previous frame at No. 1 with 1.11 million, and then sold 174,000 in its second week at the top of the chart. Born This Way's debut was amplified by Amazon MP3's decision to offer the set at 99 cents twice on two separate days during its premiere week.
MDNA's large fall was expected, as its debut was bolstered by sales gained from a concert ticket/album promotion as well as preorders from iTunes. Further, without a current hit single on our major airplay charts nor any substantial recent promotion on Madonna's part, the drop was bound to be significant.[/italic]
--THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
- R272 do you have a problem with facts? Half filled stadiums? Every date of the MDNA Tour was officially listed as a sell out
Madonna is 54 not 60 just 7 years older than Janet.
If Janet ever came back and had a tour as successful as the MDNA Tour, you would be flipping out with happiness
Admit it you're just jealous.
I mean Janet may never record again!
- [quote]Maybe Madonna will accept Rih's offer of a duet.
Of course she would, considering she can't get a hit on her own. She has to hook up with the current 20-something pop artists in order to get attention now. After the American Life fiasco, she was more than ready to duet with Britney Spears. Then she had her lead single from her 2008 album be with Justin Timberlake. And then in 2012 she had to have her lead single from FlopDNA be with Nicki Minaj and MIA.
She knows she's no longer relevant, so she tries to latch on to the latest "hot" thing. She's so pathetic she even wanted Justin Bieber to come on stage with her last year.
- OOH, look at this capacity Madonna crowd! (NOT)
- R274 Gaga also had 99 cent Amazon deals working for her
Either way she's done, reportedly her record label wasn't too happy with Artpop and it's been postponed to the end of the year
They also want her to distance herself from her crazy fan base to save her career.
She only sold on average 9,000 tickets per show to her cancelled US dates.
That's DISASTOROUS and it confirms that the tour was cancelled because promoters Live Nation were losing money du to her floppage
It also pisses me off because Madonna is a shareholder with Live Nation and she lost a couple of million due to coke head Gaga's floppage
If you're a Gaga fan you can't call Madonna's music career irrelevant without Madonna there would be no zGaga and Gaga even dedicated her debut album to Madonna
- [quote]Madonna is 54 not 60 just 7 years older than Janet
She's eight years older than Janet, and looking every bit of it
[quote]Every date of the MDNA Tour was officially listed as a sell out
Yeah, in your head.
- Is this another picture of the crowds at the Madonna World Tour?
- [quote]She knows she's no longer relevant, so she tries to latch on to the latest "hot" thing. She's so pathetic she even wanted Justin Bieber to come on stage with her last year.
OMG, I'm literally LOLing at that. I had no idea that she wanted Justin Bieber to tour with her! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- R264 I'm also pretty masculine so I'm told and a huge sports fanatic (playing and watching) people are shocked when I tell then I'm bi and when I say I love Madonna they say well that's one gat trait you have
- R281 once more with lies. Madonna did a one time only twitter chat last year and Justin got on and said he would love to work with her, Madonna then invited him on stage to one of her shows if he was om town. She was just being nice
Just like she invited PSY. to sing one song with her on tour
How the fuck do you get she wanted to tour with Justin out of that? You people are really reaching to hate on her, it's a sad comment on society
Google Madonna 2012 tour sold out and you'll see all dates were sold out.
People can't handle the truth!
- R283 if Madonna would have turned down Justin's request to join her on stage the media would of been like "Mean Madonna says no to poor Justin" the media and DL would of had a field day with that.
Justin never did join her for one song though
But PSY did for a song in New York and it was awesome!
And if Madonna is no longer relevant then why are people on the DL obsessed with talking about her?
It's a contradiction in of itself
Academy Award Nominee
Emmy Award Winner (HBO's airing of the massively successful The Velvet Rope tour)
Biggest Debut Tour in history
Record holder of the fastest sellout of the Tokyo Dome
Winner of more Billboard Awards than any artist
The first female artist to have 5 consecutive #1 albums
First three films debuted at #1 at the US box office
Biggest selling album of 1990
First female to have an album debut at #1 during the SoundScan era
One of the few artists to sell out the Aloha Stadium in Hawaii (2001's All For You tour)
Only female in an otherwise boys club (Bruce Springsteen and Michael Jackson) to have an album be so phenomenally groundbreaking that it spawned 7 top 10 Hot 100 hits (top 5, actually, which puts RN slightly above Born in the USA and Thriller in that regard). RN also spawned #1 hits in 3 separate calendar years, and is the only album to achieve this feat.
More R&B #1s than any other female save Aretha Franklin
Only artist in history to be nominated in the Dance, Rock, Pop, Rap and R&B categories at the Grammys, which proves her musical versatility
First female artist to debut a single in the Hot 100 top 5 (1995's "Runaway")
Janet has 27 Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Chart (tied with Mariah Carey and Elton John)
#1 NY Times Bestselling author
Janet's 5 Films grossed over $345 Million
Janet's tours (from Rhythm Nation - Number Ones) have been attended by millions of fans worldwide, making her the 3rd most successful black touring act of all time behind Tina Turner and her brother Michael Jackson.
Janet's Rhythm Nation tour was the most succcessful US Box Office tour by any female at the time (including Madonna's)
Janet signed two of the bigggest record deals in history in the 1990s (and at a young age, to boot), making her the highest paid performer in history two times in one decade
- Janet Jackson is not even the subject of this thread! Let people bash Madonna in peace. I ran the water tonight just to make her scream.
- What's funny is that it would take me forver to list every little achievement that Madonna has
Also five of Madonna's films have grossed over $425 million and that's without inflation
And aside from the modestly successful Poetic Justice Janet never opened a movie and had a hit like Madonna did with Evita
- [quote]And if Madonna is no longer relevant then why are people on the DL obsessed with talking about her?
Only you and the few other Madonna Loons are desperate, needlessly creating thread after thread about her. Get a life. She doesn't know you, and would probably hate/be afraid of your stan-like ways if she did.
Oh, and she's old, playing to half-filled stadiums (and arenas when the stadiums are just too empty), can't keep a man (and, at this point, only manages to snag too-young-for-her, greedy bisexual guys), and she can't put out a good, successful album to save her life.
- R285 Madonna's 1992 contract with Time Warner was worth more than Janet's 1991 Virgin records contract
Madonna than signed an unheard of $120 million deal with Live Nation in 2007
Janet ate at McDonald's in 2007 and is currently without a record label.
- R288 again all 88 shows on her last tour were SOLD OUT
You do know what that means right?
MDNA actually got good reviews according to MetaCritic, it's not a bad album but it's not her best either
She should have promoted it more.
Still 1.8 million sales isn't bad for an over 50 artist, Janet didn't even sell that much with her last album 5 years ago, when album sales were stronger and Madonna sold 4 million copies of Hard Candy
- r277, you do know what a sound check is, right?
"the album with THE BIGGEST PLUMMET FROM THE TOP SPOT in, like, YEARS!!!"
Actually, less than a year: Gaga's BTW had the biggest drop before it.
- All 3 of Janet's last albums flopped
Madonna had one huge seller with Confessions, one decent seller with Hard Candy and one dissapointing seller with MDNA
And as a Janet fan how can you talk shit on Madonna's recent album sales? Again Janet would kill for those sales.
- [quote]Madonna's 1992 contract with Time Warner was worth more than Janet's 1991 Virgin records contract
FACT: In 1996, Virgin Records was able to succeed in their contract negotiations, with Janet Jackson receiving a historic $80 million dollar contract, making her the world's highest paid musical act for the second time in her career.
- Who's Madonna?
- R291 exactly jealous people always resorr to lies to undermine Madonna's success and acheivements.
While their faves are flopping like crazy
Like the guy from Live Nation said the success of the MDNA Tour and the fact that in the last 5 years Madonna has generated tour grosses of $713 million, while only doing 173 shows further confirms the fact that Madonna is the biggest touring female artist in the world in 2012
- I hate when people argue that Madonna's tours gross so much because of inflated ticket prices. All that does is further prove the point that she's in demand and relevant. People have to CHOOSE to pay those prices and they DO, REPEATEDLY.
- [quote]All 3 of Janet's last albums flopped
Damita Jo is more that triple platimun worldwide (without re-cert)
20 Y.O. is more than platinum worldwide
Discipline was her 6th #1 album, and it yielded a Dance Club #1 and a top 20 hit
And all this even after her ridiculous blacklisting
And none of these albums have the distinction, ala MDNA, of plummeting so fast from the top spot that NASA couldn't detect it.
- Justin Bieber did not tweet Madonna, she was before his time. He doesn't know who she is.
He did not respond to her tweet asking him to join her on stage at all. PRICELESS lol
- She's relevant to her niche fanbase, r296. Not to the general public anymore.
- R294 stop trying to be cute, the whole world knows who Madonna is, I have yet to meet anybody teenager or younger who doesn't know who Madonna is?
Janet had the biggest deal for a female in '91, Madonna than came along in '92 and beat it
I believe Janet had the biggest deal again in 1996
Madonna would sign a much bigger deal with Live Nation in 2007
Janet has a net worth of $150 million
Madonna has a net worth of $650 million
In 2010 Forbes did a list of the highest earning females in music since 2000
Madonna was #1
Janet nowhere to be found
- r294, that's such a stupid point. A couple of years ago during the Grammys, a bunch of young idiots on Twitter were wondering who Paul McCartney was. Does their lack of knowledge in any way diminish his success or place in music history? Using your logic, it does.
- She will always be a cunt through and through.
- [quote]Janet nowhere to be found
Janet was with her husband traveling the world, enjoying life and doing good works. You know being a lady, unlike that Hag who is now dating guys who go to school with her daughter.
- It's official:
Madonna is THE most talked about woman on DL.
30 years after her first album was released.
- R288 yes he did! So did Lione Ritchie, Rose McGowam Katy perry and Britney! Google it
R297 yet Madonna has ousold them all
Confessions 11 million vsDamita Jo 3 million
Hard Candy 4 mil vs 20 year old 1 million
MDNA 1.8 million Discipline under 1 million
Even Madonna's upteenth greatedt hits album destroyed Janet's nunber ones on the charts
Didn't Discipline drop out of the top 10 in it's second week?
- Paul McCartney has musical credibility, r301. Madonna's never had that, she's always thrived off her popularity and only that. She doesn't really have that anymore.
- R299 that's a pretty large niche then
- THE CUNTIEST CUNT WHO EVER CUNTED! THE QUEEN OF THE CUNTS!
- Madonna went on Twitter for a one time thing on March 27th 2012
Justin Bieber got on saying to Madonna "that your's is a career all artists dream of"
Madonna tweeted back that she and Lola were big fans of his and invited him to join her for a song on stage during her tour.
She was just being nice and friendly
R308 Madonna does have musical credibility, the media may love to hate on her personally but she's received more than her fair share of critical acclaim through her albums, tours, and music videos.
R294 was just trying to be funny, but I literally have never met one person in my life who doesn't know who Madonna is? She's still one of the most famous women in the world.
- R306 Madonna is the most popular touring act in the world at this moment
Her album sales are still higher than any other over 50 artist
Madonna's main fan base are gay men in their 30s, I guess on the DL that's considered elderly
According to her Facebook page the most popular age range of her fans are between 18-22. I swear to God
I guess she does cross generations.
- [quote]In 2010 Forbes did a list of the highest earning females in music since 2000; Janet was nowhere to be found
- [quote]I believe Janet had the biggest deal again in 1996; Madonna would sign a much bigger deal with Live Nation in 2007
You believe? I just pointed the fact out for you upthread, dummy. And you're talking a whole ten years worth of time. Janet was THE groundbreaking artist for signing big record deals. Deal with it.
- [quote]Didn't Discipline drop out of the top 10 in it's second week?
"Discipline" debuted atop the Billboard 200 (Janet's 6th album to do so). In its second week, it dropped to #3, and in its third week it dropped to #8. What did "MDNA" do in its second week (besides hit "wood" status)?
- R311 that was the Forbes richest women in entertainment list from 2007, I believe Madonna was #3 on that list behind Oprah and Martha
A seperate list came out in 2010 for the highest earning female performers of the last decade (2000-2009)
Madonna was #1
Janet was nowhere to be seen
According to the Forbes 2009 list Madonna made $120 million in 2008 if she tops that this year (which she will) she will break her own record for the highest annual earnings for a female musical performer.
But nobody likes her anymore and she's so irrelevant keep dreaming haters!
- R313 and yet MDNA still sold more than Discipline did thay album even go gold in the US like MDNA? Did Janet get a gold selling top 10 single off the album like Madonna did with MDNA?
- If you haven't been using troll dar, let me tell you how to highlight the posts from the 'bots so you can just highlight them and not have to read them. Upper right corner, see "troll-dar"? Click on it and save yourself a lot of meaningless posts. Madonna is beyond played.
- In 5 years since it's release Discipline has sold under 400,000 copies in the US
In it's first 6 months of release MDNA sold over 500,000 copies in the US and was certified Gold
What was the more successful album?
- r317 Who also had a radio deal that required clear channel stations to spin her single once every hour for 2 weeks and still failed to stay in the top 10 for more than a week?
- JANBOT, I got into this late and I'm not going to read through 240 posts but the fact is YOU are the most abusive, insulting, pathetic person on DL.
Your morbid interest in a dead talent like Janet Jackson is perverse. Your writing skills are substandard and juvenile in nature.
When we think you, we think of a lonely, friendless person drinking imaginary cola with an imaginary BFF former star. I wouldn't wish a life like your's on anyone.
- Janet's tours struggle with ticket sales. Tours are where the money's at, so I guess it's a good thing she married rich. And she's fat.
- [quote]How did Madonna manage to end up throwing THE after-Oscar party?
She pretty much HAD to, or suffer the fate of going to The Ground Round with the kids to watch it on the big tv screen there. Would you invite her to an Oscar's party?
- From this point on, I refuse to click on another Vadge thread or Janet thread. Both of their fans are delusional and warped. What's funny is they're arguing over two people who are no longer even relevant.
- R322, when a gal makes $305 million in one tour and $500 million in one year on royalties, perfume, total income----I'd say she becomes relevant.
How much did YOU make last year refolding jeans at the Gap?
Nobody does it better than Madonna.
- "What's funny is they're arguing over two people who are no longer even relevant."
Yeah, that's why Madonna threads on DL lose steam after a couple of posts.
Oh, having the number 1 tour of 2012 is basically the opposite of irrelevant. Unless you live in bizarro world.
Janet's another story...her career is on the skids. It'd be one thing if her album sales were no longer strong, but her tours don't even bring in the big bucks anymore. Your career's in danger, girl!
- R324, when did Janet have a career? It has been 6 years since she was fired from her last label.
- R323 What a bitter, hateful person you are.
Madonna fanatics are truly some of the most miserable people on the planet. And she really doesn't give a shit about her fans in the first place, which is even sadder.
- How very reductive of you!
- [quote]Justin Bieber got on saying to Madonna "that your's is a career all artists dream of"
That kid seriously needs grammer and spelling lessons.
- [quote]Madonna fanatics are truly some of the most miserable people on the planet. And she really doesn't give a shit about her fans in the first place, which is even sadder.
They're psychotic! What's really sad is how they brag about all the money she has while they go broke spending hundreds of dollars per ticket to see a washed up old cunt who doesn't even like her fans. Talk about masochistic.
- R329 called it. Madonna herself would probably think the fanatics are losers.
- [quote]JANBOT, I got into this late and I'm not going to read through 240 posts but the fact is YOU are the most abusive, insulting, pathetic person on DL.
Aww, poor thing. Butthurt that your idol is now just a withering old tree, struggling to be as relevant as the more talented pop diva's who have long since supplanted her.
[quote]Your morbid interest in a dead talent like Janet Jackson is perverse
No, sweetheart. I think you need to look in a mirror to see what the true meaning of perverse is. And if a woman who is still not done with her career--a woman who is still inspiring the generations of performers who came after her--a woman with a legacy of still-emulated world tours, influential pop/R&b albums, groundbreaking videos, millions in record sales, films and a #1 selling book is a "dead" talent to you, then maybe 'perverse' isn't the only thing you need to reacquaint yourself with the meaning of.
I'm LOLing at how my musings on Queen Janet have gotten under your pathetic little thin skin so much that you dared direct your lame insults my way. It just proves how pitiable you Madonna Lunatics really are (that, and the fact that you spend way too much money to sit in a half-empty stadium to watch her old ass straddle a bunch of gay men). Now why don't you go choke on your imaginary Cola, dear.
- [quote]when did Janet have a career? It has been 6 years since she was fired from her last label.
How retarded are you? Maybe you were under a rock when Janet drug Madonna by her black roots through the late '80s and the better part of the '90s. When did Janet have a career? Surely you motherfucking jest. Every one of these pop divas of today follow the blueprint that Janet created.
And Janet wasn't fired from Island/Def Jam. She asked to be let out of her contract, but not before delivering to them a #1 album. And you were saying...?
- Someone give me a silver bullet.
- I guess poor old JANBOT finally had that aneurism.
- Well, r282 has me convinced. Madge's fans are clearly all athletic, masculine young dudes with totally awesome taste in music. At the better clubs in my city (the ones that often host touring international DJ talent as well as the best local jocks) you never hear Madonna, EVER. Just look at her instagram - I've seen 14yo girls less desperate to be one of the cool kids. It's a little pathetic actually.
The Queen Of Pop Janet Jackson has a better voice than Madonna, and her songs are more memorable. Can Madge beat that? I don't think do.
- [quote]The Queen Of Pop Janet Jackson has a better voice than Madonna
She's also prettier, can dance better, is a better actress and performer, and doesn't "need" fame the way that Madonna needs it. After all, she's been famous since she was a little girl.
- Janet is a dead bitch. Nobody cares about the hasbeen beyond the 6 demented internet gays she has as fans who are on a different planet to everyone else, Planet Janet, the worst planet ever.
Why anyone still talks about the whispering relic from the fake, lying Jackson family is a bigger mystery than why she had a career in the first place.
She can't sing, she has a one note range and it's a really high, annoying note. She can't write. But she can dance after Paula Abdul taught her fat ass how - see what a joke she was on Fame?
Her songs were rhythmic rather than melodic and she's just a local star in America. So in other words no musical talent or worth whatsoever. Not to mention a plastic face and tits with multiple lipos between her blowing up between album promos, how's that for self loathing.
Ladies and gentleman I present you with The Queen of Pop!
- R338, Fellini meets Sesame Street. Planet Janet on Avenue Q.
- Pathetic man. I thought she could be bad. Now you've proven it to me.
- "She's also prettier, can dance better, is a better actress and performer, and doesn't "need" fame the way that Madonna needs it. After all, she's been famous since she was a little girl."
R337, the only little girl around here is you.
- Both women have been impossibly successful in their careers, are rich beyond belief, and have nothing to prove. What's truly pathetic is a bunch of middle aged gay men still trying to live vicariously through their teen idols 25 years later.
- What R342 said.