- Thank you!
- Still no idea where that quote on twitter about "my relationship with harry is a very important part of my life" is from. It would make sense to be the heat interview he talked about giving but is it just in the print version then? Is it a daily magazine or weekly? Is there a good chance of it going online later?
- R2, Heat is a weekly magazine and published on a Tuesday. If they have an exclusive interview with N and it took place this week, it won't be available until this coming Tuesday. They do sometimes publish an online summary of lead stories on the Monday to advertise the issue though.
I would have thought the quote, if real, comes from one of today's newspapers?
- Though Nick ribs others at times, in fun, I'm sure he has a thick enough skin to take some flack (bad choice of words), regarding media snooping into his life. He's had plenty already.
But I hope we're not going to see sort of half-baked denials and backpeddling. So far Nick and Harry have conducted themselves well in print and on television on their friendship and it'd be sad to see them getting asked on the spot and having to demean it to suit some overly silly line of questioning.
If a thing is real and valued it should be treated as such and I hope the media will go easy on them.
- Whether it's a real quote or not, I think it's pretty obvious that sentiment is there anyway. It's kind of obvious.
- R5 oh I completely agree, and I would have also said it's rather obvious. But besides being cute I think it's pretty big if he actually did say that to a magazine or whoever publically. It's a statement that would catch my interest if I didn't know much other than them being friends who party together, or thought nick just fawned over 1D, etc. But Nick saying openly (if he did) that his relationship with Harry is a very important part of his life... That's pretty big, to me at least.
- I'm kinda nervous for James McAvoy being on the show on Monday - I really want him and Nick to get along (as I love them both) rather than another awkward Mark Wahlberg-esque interview.
- R6 it's definitely a big step if that quote is true,so far all they said was that they are friends because they are both northen and have fun.From fun to "very important relationship" it;s a big step and i'd love for the quote to be real!
R7 i'm excited about it!I really like James,he's a cool and funny guy and i think he and Nick will get along just fine :)
It does sound odd though, I wonder if when we see it in context, it's going to be part of a firm denial (saying that they're not together, but as friends Harry is important to him etc).
- I agree on both points, R8.
It would be great if the quote were real!
- If the quote is real, maybe they set on coming out slowly and in their own time? I feel like maybe they are sticking to a sort of timeline? Gradually making the public more aware of it? If this wasn't the case, I would have expected after Alan Carr last night for them to lie low for a while/backtrack, not release more hinting quotes
- The tweeter of the quote has now said to someone it was in the Metro today
- I think I may know where the quote is from.
Yesterday, a friend told me that Nick had a 'tiny paragraph' in the Metro (either the Thursday or Friday print edition); the way they phrased it was 'that Breakfast Show DJ has a tiny paragraph in the Metro going on about Harry Styles again, talking about how "important" their relationship is'.
Sounds like that might be it? As I said, this is second-hand, so I don't know what else was said, or the context, or whether it was an answer to a question.
- I went back to have a look at the original tweet (with the above quote) and it appears someone had asked her. So if anyone picked up a copy of the Metro, it's in there.
Can't see it on the website; but will have a proper look!
- Oh, thanks, R12 and R13. I hope someone manages to find it.
- Have found it on the (newly acquired!) Android app; it's part of The Green Room section by Neil Sean, and this is it in full:
"Nick Grimshaw says his friendship with 1D's Harry Styles 'is one of the most important things in my life'. Oh dear, I fear tears."
So who knows where or when that was said, or indeed to whom.
- Wow, thanks C.
- Im so confused with everything that is going on...
- It is very likely that it was said in Nick's incredibly sarcastic tone!
- Could you post a screencap C?
- Neil Sean! That's the same guy who has tweeted about Harry and Nick before - at first it seemed like he was implying something going on but then 9 days ago he tweeted saying nick needs to stop his creepy obsession. Can't link but he's @neilsean1 ...and I'm very confused
That was my first thought too when I read that! I really can't imagine N saying that as sincerely as it reads.
- Thanks C. So itsays friendship rather than relationship.
- R19 It's probably the truth disguised as a joke!
- Here you go:
- Was he the guy C or JJ or so said was always a bit late with his gossip/blind items and often inaccurate?
He has mentioned them a few times, I think...every time a bit differently...it almost seems like he is convinced Harry is gay, but not together with Nick and it's one-sided.
- N was seen near R-1 today then later on in Carnaby St. So I don't think he's in Paris, as suggested earlier.
- Access denied, R25 :(.
- R25 Here u go!!
- I mean R28
- Oddly although I can screencap it (I'm on android so it's not as easy as an iPhone) I don't seem to be then able to post it. If there is an easy way to do so, please let me know and I will have another go.
It does say "friendship" and not "relationship".
- Huw Steven's mentioned he was in R1, with Annie Mac earlier today and that she had popped in to say hello to him. He was speculating about what they could be up to, something linked to Rednose day.
- It's still not working for me, R29. Thanks for trying though.
- I wonder what Nick is going to do for Red Nose Day? They're talked quite a few times about having to come up with something and Moyles left a hard act to follow on that front.
- R33 I'm from Canada and it says access denied on my computer but I can view it from my iphone
- How about this? (scroll down a little)
- The link does open on iphone like L said,i'm from Europe and couldn't open it on my laptop but the link works on my iphone!
- Thanks, R35, but I don't have one :).
- R26 - I think it must have been JJ, partially as it wasn't me, and also because I do have a memory of JJ saying that when they were reading that column a few years back (certainly a couple of years ago when I was reading the Metro on a daily basis that the column never printed anything interesting and was often needlessly spiteful). Given that he seems to think Harry is gay, his comments about Nick seem to stem more from personal dislike or perhaps jealousy that anything else.
R32 - Yes, there were photographs on twitter of Nick meeting fans this afternoon outside the back of the BBC, so that would tie in.
- No luck, R36. Thanks anyway.
- Yeah very weird with this guy. He's tweeted about Harry ditching Swift and now free to come out, said Nick is gonna keep his obsession with Harry on the downlow wise given the climate, and that Nick must be happy about the split with Taylor. So he thinks Harry is gay but Nick is just pining over him. That's...an interesting perspective.
- LMC posted a pic of nick on Instagram just now, looks like they're at someone's house
- Thanks, C. Yeah, I wasn't sure exactly who said it, but it was recent.
Yup, it does seem to be a personal thing he has against Nick, maybe jealousy as you say. It's funny though that he is one of the few who say Harry is gay independent of Nick and not because of those rumours/sightings etc...
- R40 took a screenshot for you
- R43 - Given that he is a kind of low level gossip columnist he probably has heard all of those rumours though. Looking at his tweets about other people he seems rather unpleasant.
Attached is another of his tweets about Nick and Harry, only this time calling Harry, Nick's BF. (it's the night of the Muse concert/party with Jamie Hince etc that Nick didn't attend).
- Thank you so much, L!
- I'm pretty surprised that's his official twitter that he links to right under the column. Almost every single thing he tweets is just to say #gays
Still curious about the context of the quote though. It's not like metro did an interview so they pulled it from somewhere or heard it somewhere. Def could have been sarcastic but it's so random there like that, I'm curious
- Why does this Neil Sean person tag so many of his tweets #gays?? Obsessed much?
- Yeah, I agree, C, that he must have heard them. It's odd that he refuses to believe them but still believes Harry is gay. It is funny though that he did say BF once as you pointed out. Was that a mistake or was he being sarcastic. I'd just love to know what makes him say Harry is gay, yet not with Nick when that is surely the simplest explanation if he is.
He does seem quite unpleasant, I agree.
- Reading Neil Sean's twitter he sounds like a thoroughly unpleasant human being.
- Sean (judging from his twitter) comes off as a rather bitter and mean person,reminds me of those old ladies who gossip nonsense and throw mean comments at everyone!
- np R40 :)
R47 Was equally surprised that he linked what seemed to be his personal twitter to his metro article...and that was before I saw his hashtags (which are used more in the manor of instagram). I've see his tweets before and ignored them as he honestly just seemed seemed like a troll/spammer
- A while ago we were discussing an interview that one of 1D's old body guards did after he left them, and there were some questions surrounding that. Well that body guard just had this conversation on twitter.
Completely off topic sorry, but think it's quite interesting to people wondering about the Harry/'management' relationship.
I remember the boys used to mention him a lot in private jokes, wonder why he left and has a problem with their management? (Extra weight on the 'I DONT guess')
- R53 hm...he was also the origin of that new pic of the boys and Perrie coming back from Germany...
- Isn't he the guy who had the same star tattoo as Harry on his arm?
- That is interesting, thanks, PJ. It's not surprising of course, but still, it's different to read it like that. Wasn't there some other drama about this Rebecca...was that with Modest too?
- He says on twitter he has about 400 pics of the boys never seen that he is waiting to sell one day... It could be a bit jokey but still bit crass to just say that. Does seen fond of them though.
- This isn't news though,i mean let's be real here most management companies care about the money and it's really hard to find artists who have genuine relationships with their managers.
The way they work these boys anyone can tell they are trying to make as much money as possible.
- Interesting, L. I was curious why Harry was sitting on the floor with that odd look on his face...
- I think so, yes, R55.
Oh, I hope that was a joke, R57!
- R56 Yeah Rebecca Ferguson was suing Modest for overworking her, I don't really know what became of it though. I think she was also writing a book and was going to talk about it? I know Louis sent her tweets basically saying she should just be grateful and success depends on hard work and she just replied saying that she remembered being scared of them too.
- Rebecca said that she collapsed from exhaustion and they gave her a can of cola and sent her to do an interview regardless. Last I heard they were counter suing each other.
I agree, looks like they are going to squeeze every last penny they can from the boys before the bubble bursts.
On another note. I see Nick's been tweeting today. He always seems to tweet when H is out of town.
- r56 yeah the rebeccah stuff was pretty nasty she mentioned not getting to see her family much and how she was told to carry on with an interview after fainting.
Louis tweeted her saying 'success doesn't come without hard work' which he got a lot of flack for (in papers as well) for being insensitive, but personally I see where he was coming from. The boys obviously work very hard, must be exhausted, and hardly get to see family, he probably didn't understand at all where she was coming from and why she was slagging off people he knows for doing things he regards as normal.
Which makes me wonder what else they have let happen, thinking that they don't have a choice if they are a 'popstar'. They are all so grateful for the opportunities they have been given, I'd imagine they would be quite easy to manipulate (without being too sinister, I know their management team is probably filled with lovely people, but they want to sell a product)
- Rebecca Ferguson also had issues with them because they didn't let her see her kids or take them with her,i remember reading something about it.
The boys seem to have a good relationship with their assisant manager Marco Gastel and overally if you exclude fan-based rumors i haven't seen anything that implies they are in bad terms with their management.
- Thanks everyone for the Rebeccah explanations. I do remember seeing some vague stuff about the whole issue. Not everyone can cope with the same amount of stress or exhaustion and I do hope 1D never get to a similar point as she did.
Doesn't she have kids though? At the time, that's what I found insensitive about Louis' tweet. When you have dependants you can't just put in 'hard work' the same way a 19 year old without commitments can, surely.
- I love seeing photos from all the fan encounters with Nick, it's nice that he always seems happy to pose for pics and have a chat.
- Yeah, I agree, R66.
- The 1D fans are going to town again on Boy George. I wish he would reveal what he knows.
- R69 Surely you're not saying you want him to out anyone?
- DS story about how Harry and Taylor were not romantic according to a tattooist. It was a set up what do you expect.
- r66 yeah I think it would have been much better for him to have not commented at all as he can't know what it is like to be in her situation. But I understand why, in the heat of the moment, thats how he would have instinctively reacted. If that line is something he repeats to himself when he's finding the going tough.
- R67 It is nice to see Nick with fans.
On the subject of Harry being hit by a smoke machine. I have now seen the footage, seems it happened in Glasgow. Not bad, more comical, he walks forward just as it spouts smoke thus getting hit in the face. The funniest thing however was that not once but twice he manages to get blasted. He finds it amusing himself as he bursts out laughing. So there you have it nothing sinister, more an accident.
- DS forums still discussing Nick and drugs. One hopes he gets caught soon so the BBC sack him - jeez they really REALLY don't like him over there, do they.
- Hey all,
Neil Sean comments way back were mine. He is a rubbish gossip columnist AND appears pure bitchy in his tweets and column. He's usually late with stuff as well. Rarely does he have any real gossip.
Having said all that there has always been something peculiar about the Metro and Harry. There were loads of rumour of an accidental coming out in an article in Oct-Dec 2010 when Harry was rumoured to say guy not girl but I've never found proof. (the weird thing is when I did some digging the quotes were lengthy and specific but the website that mentioned it was blocked.)
Then they are the paper whose website uses the term " lover" a couple of weeks back, have consistently pushed the story and now allow neilsean to refer to him as BF not BFF
PS - Modest cant be doing that good a job because Syco took them off x factor from this year and aren't renewing.
- Ugh...they're horrible, R74.
- Thanks for confirming, JJ. Yeah, the Metro-Harry connection is an interesting one. Don't forget their amusing tweets around the Brits.
- R74 No, they certainly don't. I found myself lurking around there when DL was on lockdown. I left rather quickly. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. It's just an opinion I do not share.
The strange thing is that if you find the forums where he was announced as Moyles's successor, the vast majority of posts are really positive about him. I have no idea what changed to make them hate him so much. Their favourite idea now is that he's not only taking drugs, but dealing drugs to celebrities and that's why he's popular, yet a lot of their 'evidence' is wild speculation and him acting 'hyper' (which, unless he's on drugs 24/7, he seems to be a lot anyway).
- Yeah, he does seem to be a generally hyper personality, R79.
- Oddly the Metro is the sister paper of the Daily Mail (both owned by Associated Press)...
(Attached is an article in the DM about the Brit's - nothing especially interesting but I hadn't noticed it before, the bottom part does seem oddly devoted to Nick and Harry and seems to want to imply they alone went back to Nick's)
- Someone just tweeted that nick is at sink the pink cabaret night with maquita Olive. The woman commented that she thought H may be with him but he's not.
- Here is the tweet R82 was talking about...
- H is in Cardiff on tour, but he then has Sunday and Monday off before Dublin. Maybe he'll go back to London?
- I think they still have a concert in Cardiff on Sunday? Monday is off though.
- Matinee only, r85.
- R85 they have Sunday and Monday off.. No concert on Sunday... I just looked at the tour dates.
- The 1D site doesn't list the Sunday matinee, but its listed on other sites :S
- Ah, okay, R86, I didn't check the time. Thanks.
- Anyone on here use a free proxy download to watch the BBC videos that they can point me to? I know there was a post on here about it but I stupidly didn't bookmark it and can't find it now.
- There is expat shield, R90. That seems to work for most.
- Expat Shield is good.
- This is a aritcle about 1D and Jake Bugg, but this is a line in it... This contest is about as real as the affair between Styles and Taylor Swift, but these days, these flares of publicity, these highly co-ordinated nonsensical campaigns, are where pop's remaining energy mostly resides.
- Interesting quote. There seems to be a lot of articles these days with the media writing about the Haylor affair as PR finally.
If H is straight, they certainly did not help the gay rumours at all by setting him up with the most well known beard around. Gotta wonder.
- I agree with what a previous poster said in the last thread,how their people do a messy damage control job and that's probably because too many people and agencies are involved (Modest,Hackford Jones,Max Clifford,Simon Cowell and Sony/Syco plus the equivalents of those in the US,Australia and all around).Noone bought the Swift story because it came out of nowhere (the general public wasn't paying attention to the "signs" like some posters here did) and now noone's buying what Jaime said because it was so blatant and awkward and the timing was suspicious too.
I believe none of the people they are working with are used to the level of fame that 1D are facing so i guess they must be struggling to keep it together.I think they're trying too hard to make these boys look flawless and perfect,everytime a "flaw" or a rumor appears it has to be squashed.Looks like an exhausting thing to do but then again you have the fans going mad just because Niall was seen smoking outside a pub,the whole thing is insane.
- Personally, as a petty and vindictive fandom person (with a tumblr and everything!), I can't wait to see what Larry shippers are scrambling to come up with once 1D's contract with Modest! ends and they get new management and YET, no Louis/Harry interaction outside of work.
- So as a petty and vindictive person why did Harry/Louis fall out. You can't pass off the fact they were good friends at one time as fan service.
- R96 as a Nick fan i stopped caring when they called him a beard and an ugly creeper.These kids need to grow up.
And i'm pretty sure 1D will renew with both Modest and Syco soon,i don't see why not as from what i can tell they're getting along with the people they are working with and there have been no rumors to state the opposite.
R97 they are clearly still friends but people grow up and change interests,none of the boys spend time with the other outside work,they obviously want to see other people in their limited free time.We've been through this duscussion a million times esp in the early threads,do we really have to waste another thread analyzing the depts of larry when there is a H/L thread and a 1D thread?!
- Was trying to find the post on DS. It's not in the Nick thread in the showbiz section. The comment is against t&cs and if reported will get deleted.
What comment specifically were you looking for?
- The one posted by R74, R100.
- Ah ok. That was in the blind items and gossip thread I think. They were discussing the popbitch rumour.
- Exact comment on DS...#
'It could cause huge problems for the boybander if he's caught out and exposed in the press. They appeal to a very young audience and it won't go down very well over the pond where they like their teen stars to be very clean cut. I'm surprised the record company haven't read him the riot act and told him to keep away for the DJ. I'd love it if he were caught out and sacked, I don't know anyone who likes him anyway.'
- I don't particularly like that DS poster. Ive seen her posts for a few years on different topics. Had a bit of a to and fro posting battle of my opinion with her on there on another subject about a person who she acted like she hated.
- Right. No names mentioned then. DS are fairly strict. Their blind items thread is hard to understand as DS doesn't allow direct guesses to be posted. I rarely look at it.
- A lot of the Grimmy haters are hetero, male, Moyles lovers who are annoyed at losing their gobby idol from the breakfast show.
No, they're usually very careful not to mention names, even if it's perfectly clear who they're talking about.
Do you remember when Moyles and co walked out and left Grimmy in the studio as a 'joke'? I really disliked him for that.
- They are not named but it waas very clear who that blind over a year ago was about
- I never listened to Moyles much R108. I would avoid him if a all possible. I remember hearing about what you mentioned but would not be surprised by anything he did. Comedy Dave has also shown his true colours of late. I respected what Moyles did for charity but that is about all I can say positive about him
I think I only listened to Moyles about twice but I remember people talking about the walk out at work and acting like it was hilarious, whereas I just thought it was a really nasty thing to do (and perhaps reflective of what they really felt about Nick replacing their Breakfast Show). That kind of bullying humour does nothing for me because the victim has no choice but to act like they're fine with it, or risk being mocked further. I didn't like the way they treated Matt Fincham either. I like how quite a few reviews of Nick's show have mentioned the more 'gentle' or 'relaxed' tone of it. You don't have to be mean to be funny.
- See, I come at this as a Grimmy fan from the T4/nigh time show era but as someone who loved The Chris Moyles show, and who listened too it from aged 15 to 23 every single day. People took him too seriously, everything he did was tongue in cheek and he genuinely loved his radio show and team around him. I was gutted to hear he was leaving but then delighted for Nick all at the same time! I hate that Moyles fans have been unkind about Nick, there is just no need. Fair enough if you don't like his style of show or presenting, not everyone will, but it seems to stem more from the fact people were annoyed he got cancelled rather than anything else.
- There's quite a bit of homophobia in it too (not from Moyles, I don't mean, from his fans).
I didn't hate Moyles, he did a lot for charity and was very popular for a very long time, but his humour was not my humour and mileage can vary wildly on what is tongue in cheek (as in, he might have regarded it that way, but did the person it was aimed at?).
Nick's got me listening to the radio again, and for that I am very grateful.
- ps. I think Finchy was right though when he said (via Showbot) that the teamgrimmy promo was unnecessarily divisive and has encouraged Chris vs Nick ever since - which is a shame and has backfired more on Nick than Chris Moyles.
- There is something that confuses and disappoints me. I have to wonder if Nick and/or Harry themselves sent Jaime Winstone to Carr's show to do a blatantly obvious denial for them. Would that be likely?
I don't want to think that, and the better part of me is sure they wouldn't act in such painfully panicky almost homophobic manner, because they don't seem to care, outwardly.
But someone got upset about it. Who that is is hard to pin down.
For her to just turn up and that pointed line of questioning to be used at a 'friend'. I think this is a real shame.
- Was Jaime Winstone promoting a film/TV show on there, do we know?
- But how do we know Louis and Harry are not spending time together? According to Stan and Andy (Louis' and Liam's best friends) the boys are spending lots of time together outside work. We just don't get to see it. They have houses, you know. And their friends aren't the 'I have to tweet when I am with friends'-sort.
We have literally no idea. Even on the days he is with Nick, he could still be spending time with the other boys. I remember Liam's birthday, for which they all went bowling. Louis and Eleanor made it look like a double-date with Danielle and Liam on Twitter. Later, it turned out that Harry was there as well. Funny thing was, he was spotted with Nick around three times that day. So we thought that he was spending the whole day with Nick.
We don't know anything about how Harry spends his days and with whom. Every time he is spotted with someone, we know what he did for a few hours. But there are 24 hours in a day.
It's obvious that Harry and Louis are still close. Jay said this on Twitter, Anne said this on Twitter, Andy (the bodyguard) tweeted that Louis and Harry 'are still as close as they used to be'. If you watch their concerts, the way they interact with each other makes clear that nothing has changed between them. It's just a bit more difficult to see now, because for some reason they are trying to play their friendship down. And I want to know why they are doing this.
- What I will say is I think it strange Jaime Winstone be brought on and basically used as a lead up to that purposeful line of questioning and that her denial, whether real of coerced, certainly did not need embellishing with a statement about 'the really popular one's' sexuality.
That in itself just put a tin lid on it as suspicious in my book.
I am being objective but we even watching the same Harry? He 'definitely' isn't gay? He might not be but I would have definitely thought, after all this time and interactions, his most upfront chemistry was actually with males much more.
Maybe we are seeing two different people.
- How far are guests for Alan Carr booked?
I'm wondering if she did the "denial" out of convenience because she had a spot on a big tv programme which is too bad for her because it completely detracted from her.
Or I don't want to get to weird theories, but it's convenient that she happened to be papped out with N/H the week before this thing aired.
But yeah, it's too bad that if they are not together the denial didn't come right from them. It doesn't quite squash rumours because it still makes them look like they have something to hide.
- R117, we didn't come here to discuss Louis.
- I really think that is unlikely, R115. If they were worried themselves they wouldn't have spent all that time together publicly before the tour etc...
If anyone sent Jaime it must have been a management/PR thing or deal.
R116, from what I gathered from the people who saw her whole segment, apparently she did not have anything to promote.
I presume they're playing it down because the 'Larry' shipping got so out of hand - seems quite straightforward to me unless I'm missing something?!? (I'm not really in that fandom)
- [quote]It doesn't quite squash rumours because it still makes them look like they have something to hide.
But it's kind of smashed the mystery and in's like she's speaking for them. If there is some kind of injunction, she may know this and is just playing long, or she could have been boxed into a corner. I don't know.
Now Harry's sexuality is as "defined" by Jaime Winstone,along with he and Nick's relationship status. It leaves neither of them room to move if ever things were different or they had hoped to do things their own way - if they have nothing to do with this interview.
- I still think the way she phrased it made it sound like she had direct reason to know - such as seeing H drunkenly flirting with her model friend at Nick's flat or whatever. It just sounded very definite :(
So, they are not spending time together anymore in public, not touching each other anymore, not looking at each other anymore because of a rumour that isn't true? I mean, isn't that a bit weird? That you would give up your public friendship with your bandmate because you don't like the gay rumours? I mean, they are really avoiding each other in public.
- Re 115. Ha I've been re-thinking this too. If we are saying it was a plant then N would have had to have asked one of his good friends to go on a massive Friday night show to make a statement about his best friends sexuality. Would he really do that... even if it turns out H is indeed just his BFF. I'm now coming round to the idea that they might have invited her onto the show in her own right to discuss her career generally (we don't know how much was cut)and they maybe told her they would talk about the Brits party and her famous friends but that she was not expecting that question. That would explain her body language and stock 'H is a womaniser' reply. The girl who tweeted after the show def. suggested that question was awkward and I think thats relevant since she would have been objective. It would also explain Ns Graham Norton tweet.
Also I wonder how much control 1Ds management could really have over Alan Carr and Channel 4 ( it might have been different if this had been an ITV show). Would Channel 4 really allow questions to be fixed in this way to help out a boyband member. 1D might be big but they're not that big and where would be the benefit to Alan Carr and Channel 4.
- [quote]If anyone sent Jaime it must have been a management/PR thing or deal.
That's my bugbear with it though. Fist and foremost she would have to answer to Nick, as his friend. I would have thought.
[quote]I still think the way she phrased it made it sound like she had direct reason to know - such as seeing H drunkenly flirting with her model friend at Nick's flat or whatever. It just sounded very definite :(
Maybe, but drunken behaviour is interpreted in all manner of ways by different people. Straight people flirt wih gays when drunk and vice versa. Bisexuals flirt with who they want. And to be fair Harry is now so scrutinised that pretty much anything he does is interpreted as 'flirting' or chatting someone up, even if he is just being talkative. I think he is a very social creature and that comes across.
If you can't see the logic fail in your own post, there's not much I can really add. Also this is getting off the topic of Nick, I'm sure there are Harry/Louis threads too in which to discuss their relationship.
- Yeah, one would think so, R127, but I really don't know how close they are or how loyal she would be. N16 did say they were good friends it seems.
I agree about simple chatting or friendliness getting interpreted as flirting in Harry's case. I actually didn't find what she said convincing...too many "definitely-s" and "not-s" and her general fidgeting etc...
- I think perhaps the interview with Jaime Winstone is being given a little too much importance. The show only averages about 1.5 million viewers; it is not largely watched at all, certainly not in the way Graham Norton is.
Jaime Winstone has two films coming out this year so I imagine it was a legitimate booking, it's just that the comments about Nick and Harry, no doubt included due to their timely nature (whether pre-planned or not) were more interesting than anything else she had to say. Whether she knew the questions were coming or not she was totally backed into a corner with her answer as it is plainly not up to her to out Harry on national television. It was noticeable that her reaction to the photograph seem genuine (the comment about them morphing into one another) so she certainly seems fond of both of them.
As to whether it gives Nick and Harry any leeway for being more open at a later date, I don't see how this affects it at all. Harry has not going to come out at this point; there is a World Tour starting and all of the financial implications of promotional deals to consider, and quite frankly Taylor Swift and her people would scream blue murder if it came out that she was knowingly dating someone to cover their sexuality. All of her other relationships would be reconsidered and that is not something she or they obviously want.
If at a later date Nick and Harry do want to say anything public all they have to do is infer that whilst spending so much time away from each other they realised that they viewed each other as more than friends and leave it at that.
There is no logical fail? If it's too difficult, I am trying to say that this is going too far for a gay rumour that isn't true. I wouldn't give up my public friendship with my best friend because of a gay rumour.
But I assume you think it's logical that you would? You must be a loyal friend, then.
You're right, this is not a place where you can discuss Harry's fuckbuddies (or lovers). This is the place where everybody thinks Harry and Nick are in a monogamous relationship, I forgot. It's still a shame, though. I would love a real discussion about Harry's sexuality, fuckbuddies and lovers.
- I actually don't think Nick and Harry are in a relationship at all, but equally Harry and Louis's relationship (whatever that may be) is not the topic for discussion here and Nick (and whatever his relationship with Harry is) is, so I'd prefer to get back to that.
- Fair points, C. I suppose there are ways round it. Rather than create harmony, I just think it made more ripples than necessary though. If all these Twitter and other sightings and stories are true, which backs up their apparent closeness anyway, the lie will just grow and grow until it beomes too big, and someone tries to catch them out. That's when it can get nasty.
I can see Carr asking just because he is a gossip freak who follows the party circuit and buzz. Being gay himself anything remotely gay would be of interest to him.
I still think what they did was bad form, injunction or no.
Btw, what's dear old Boy George popping off about this morning then? I can't get onto Twitter.
- Nick Grimshaw has no idea who Chan Marshall was? He is so mainstream. He like Harry, needs to stop think he is some cool indie kid. They are just so bling, not cool at all.
- Thats the problem r131 it's H and L's public image that has changed, because everything they do publicly is misinterpreted by fans and thrust back i their faces as 'evidence'
It'd be useful if you included a link to what you're talking about.
Fwiw, I'd never heard the words 'Chan Marshall' and I have every single Cat Power album, so....
- Speaking of Boy George, I love those links someone posted that showed teenage Liam fangirls telling George he basically had no right to an opinion on a free internet - if it meant criticising Liam Payne.
He should keep his views to himself! (Unlike them, who say what they want about everything all day long.)
I don't know how these kids can virtual finger-wag at grown men who've punished others on a radiator, and keep a straight face.
- There is this one, R133:
@NIPPLEOFFOUR You will never get those boys, they are all gay or into old ladies like me! Lol!
So, they're gay or gay then? Or what does he mean? I think he's just getting fed up and he should really just ignore them.
- IMO Carr's conversation with Winstone was without doubt a pre planned exercise to quash the rumours. It is possible that she was already booked on the show and someone saw an opportunity but more likely, she was booked solely for that reason. She is not the 'it girl' of the moment and promoted nothing.
The timing of her appearance and the fact that she was one of the few involved in the brits night / breakfast show is too cooincidental. Too much of the interview focused on the subject and someone like Carr wouldn't instigate a conversation that questioned a teenage boy's sexuality on national TV unless requested (particulary as H's sexuality has not previously been discussed in the mainstream media) It would look like he was trying to out him?!
I doubt this was an altruistic act on C4's part. Money could have changed hands, they may have been light on guests or maybe the allure of a HS was enough? I also don't believe H or N would have an issue with it. At the end of the day, they are, by all accounts, hugely ambitious people with careers to protect. A denial on national TV (and on a program watched by a lot of 1D fans)
after the recent level of gossip would make sense if the rumours are false but also if they're true IMO.
As for Winstone's answer, her connections are close enough that it wouldn't be based on an assumption but most probably scripted to promote H as straight. Whether it was based on truth or not, I personally couldn't tell.
- A completely understated response to Harry's NME Villain award from some fan calling itself 'Rikita', known to her friends as, 'someone with zero sense of humour and needing a growth spurt'. Grown adults at the NME must be having a field day as more pomposity and deaththreats pour in from underage girls. This would be worth working back on Sundays.
Honestly, is this what people could be being closeted for? Oh dear:
[quote]"beyond p*ssed off at you little f*ckers".
[quote]"How could you even nominate LET ALONE CHOOSE Harry f*cking CUPCAKE Styles aka MOST SELFLESS NINETEEN YEAR OLD BOY IN THE F*CKING WORLD OF CELEBRITIES to be villain of the year?"
I would die of embarrassment if this were my fanbase
- R138, Boygeorge's tweet is obviously referring to H's fondness for older women which suggests the 'gay one' he has referred to previously, isn't H (which would make sense as I don't think he would tweet Aimee and threaten to out H as they are friends)
- Honestly, I think NME and the crazy contingent of the 1D fandom deserve each other.
- @LG or the 'old ladies like me' could be referring to himself, two ways to look at it
- L Girl, that's a fair assessment I think. For me it has all the classic PR hallmarks of agenda. though I don't know how much direct involvement H/N would have had with it.
It leaves one question unanswered. Are we to assume Harry and Nick are to continue carousing like a couple all round town, only for any questions to be slapped down forever by sending mates of mates onto the TV decide what is what?
At what point do you rise above that? Maybe never, I don't know. It's a difficult spot to be in for sure, but if there are truly grounds for truth on this one I can only see the lies getting harder to maintain and cover. And to live with, whilst others enjoy themselves openly.
On a side note, the one thing I DO know to be 100% true is that some of the very worst (and at same time best) people in the business covering for gays/bisexuals are gays themselves: agents, TV presenters, gossip columnists, managers. As long as money is involved, they don't care about anything else.
- Boy George wants the attention and press wihout question.
I feel like we may be witnessing a pop will eat itself moment. Everyone involved in this insane media frenzy since December- and by that I mean Boy George. Jake Bugg, Alan Carr, NME, other Radio1 DJs from the soundclash, journos, philsophers, Taylor Swift, fans, fandom, paps, wannabee supermodels, pop stars -everyone - appears 'in the grip' mindlessly seeking pictures, retweeting and caught up in this thirst for stories, irrespective of whether those stories make sense. We can't make sense of their relationship because the sheer volume of speculation around H is unmanageable to analyse.
People here, on twitter,tumblr, DS and daily fail and devoting a decent amount of time to thing to figure out a 19 years olds love life. It's extaordinary really.
90% of what's published contradicts previous stories but journos appear to have utterly lost interest in what is real and what is not, contradicting their own publications and sometimes themselves without correction.
The amount of column inches dedicated to Nick and Harry since the summer is insane (I love them both) but they are out hitting our politicians, Olympians everyone.
A question to the older posters- I can't remember it being this bad with any other single popstar as long as I can remember. My era would be Five Star onwards. What would be similar - New Kids? There were gay rumours then but with no Internet and tighter press as well as a heavy handed management.... nothing get got out there.
Finally - think this has already been posted but this Jake v H is an interesting commentary (though utterly pompous)
- PJ, I considered that but he says they are either gay OR into older women?
Agreed. The list of bands amongst the NME award winners was so laughably outdated as to suggest no one but straight white men who haven't bought a CD since 2002 and 14 year old boys who think Jake Bugg is god voted. Watching them argue with the rabid 1D fans is naturally hilarious.
A bit of me is gutted H couldn't accept his award in person - he could've taken N and showed the pompous indie brigade how to party.
- L Girl, as much as I like you, you really need a crash course in understanding gays and gayspeak.
George's tweet is a classic double-entendre. He's winding those girls up saying they're all fruity! And even the ones into old women are really after old queens like him. It's hilarious!
- That is how I interpreted it, PJ, especially with the "lol".
LG, When he tweeted about Harry only going out with Taylor to wear a new hat, it was clear to me that he did mean Harry as the "gay one" earlier.
I don't think his tweet to Aimee was a threat to out him to be honest, just that he would get mean with the fans if 1D didn't "call them off" and Harry is the only one he has access to through Aimee to ask to do that...not that he can obviously.
I don't remember anything like this before, but then it's also hard to compare pre-internet (or early internet pre-social media) days with what we have now. I was searching for a particular tweet the other day and just scrolling through the result feed I could have constructed a rough outline of Harry's entire day from sightings/photos/reports of interviews and rehearsals etc. It is, as you rightly say, completely insane how much attention is devoted to him.
- LG, but he says "older ladies like me" and we know he isn't interested in women at all, so the like me is either sarcastic or he's jokingly referring to himself as one.
- I took 'old ladies like me' as BG meaning himself, as a kinda 'gay' joke about gay men being effeminate? ... surely he doesn't like 'old ladies' as he is gay?
- wait - what on earth just happened in my post?! I typed e-ffeminate? ... and it brought up a loada random words?!
- Have any of the papers picked up on Jaime Winstone's comment? I haven't seen anything.
- R148, you're right, I'm not that versed in 'gay speak' lol but I did get the 'old queen' reference and immediately thought he was referring to N but wouldn't he have said 'AND' not 'OR' after the '"they're gay' part?
R149, I interpreted that in that way too (especially after he deleted the tweet) but the OR in the other tweet does suggest to me he is saying they're either gay or Into older women.
- PS - press obsession w/ Harry's prowess with women is nothing new. X factor staff were leaking in Dec 2010. 2 weeks after the original gay Internet rumour started.
To be clear people working with him were speculating on a 16 year old boys sexual experience. That's either gross, lies or PR cover.
- George is obviously just having spiteful fun with those girls, and he's loving every bitchy second of it, locking horns with Little Miss Pimple on Twitter.
On a more on topic matter, I enjoyed Nick's Instagram comment re: the Renaissance-style hallway as a 'dump'.
I interpreted it the same way as you, LG - that he was making the joke that he could also be described as an old lady (in addition to the probable allusion to Caroline Flack). And I am pretty well versed in 'gay speak' (not that I've ever heard it called that before!)
- He was throwing double-entendres around, having fun and winding kids up, that's all.
You wouldn't expect Boy George to have the inner track of exactly what was what. On the other hand, he might have his ear to the grapevine or he might know more than he lets on. He might also widen the net so as not to sound too focused on someone or as if he knows too much.
It's all games and I can't read seriously into spats on Twitter between 1D fans and everyone else.
- Please, forgive my ignorance, but what is DS?
- I completely agree, R159.
- r152 it's amazing really, H is now one of the top topics on google news EVERY DAY, and has been for a few months, that level of interest is extraordinary! To keep it up for this long no wonder so many stories are being churned out, the people are hungry for more and the press feeding them with it.
And someone knows what they are doing. I watched their brits performance back and noticed that while they are running around during the second half the large screen in the back has newspaper-style 'headlines' flashing on it, the ones you could see in the video were: 'EXCLUSIVE', 'SCANDAL', what looks like 'I'll follow you', and finally, 'teenage kicks'. That sends a message to the people watching from the seats I think, 'we are what everyone is talking about and we know it'.
- Well to me Boy George has clearly been suggesting H is gay and I agree with 149 about the Aimee tweet and photo.
When he says they are 'all' gay or into old ladies like him he is clearly winding up the fan. He is suggesting they are all gay ( and they're clearly not) but specifically mentions into 'old ladies' like him which I immediately read as meaning H being into N ( 9 years older) and I'm straight!!
- R159, possibly. He has gone from claiming one is gay to claiming most of them are.
I've always liked him and think he is a decent enough guy that he wouldn't out a teenage boy.
- Yes, that's what I think, LG. He is backtracking/embellishing a bit because he does not actually want to out Harry.
- We cannot expect Jaime Winstone to have the lowdown on N/H so neither should we assume Boy George holds the key to unlocking life's mysteries.
I took it in the sprit of mean fun, which is BG's style. I remember a story of him once (I think this was caught on camera) where he was being interviewed at some arena or function hall and a few little chavs strolled past and started yelling 'poof' or 'fag' at him.
Well he took off after them like a bat out of hell and I think some swing doors got involved or something, lol!
Never shy or retiring, BG. ;)
- Haha, that's funny, R166. He does come across that way and I agree he may know, he may not know and he may or may not want to share.
- DS = Digital Spy, British entertainment site with gossip forums.
- LG - I'm afraid I disagree. Whilst I think Boy George highly witty and an interesting commentator on various bits of modern culture - he is capable of being both vindictive and unpredictable. He outed his ex-lover in a memoir without his consent and was sued. He has had numerous episodes of addiction -heroin,come etc and has, been to jail for assault He is on his way back up and knows scandal is one way of getting there. I wouldn't trust him even if he stays clean.
- I know this isn't about N but relates to the constant press H gets. There have been a number of stories recently showing him in a shop/gallery whatever and going on to say exactly what he bought and in some cases ( the antique shop) how much he spent. I've never seen this with any other celebrity before. Would the shops/galleries just give out this info. or would it be Hs publicist handing out the info. to keep Hs name in the press. It worries me a bit if shops are so willing to hand out this info. to whoever asks for it.
- I didn't know that, JJ :(.
- BG is a classic qween, with nails to match.
To the person asking about DS, DS was the original place where, during the Haroline phase of October-December 2011 a poster mysteriously suggested it seemed to be a front as H was really 'the boyfriend of a Grim northern DJ'.
This was about Nov/Dec 2011! All anybody knew about Harry then was he was either dating Caroline Flack or Louis (Larry was in full swing by then in many fans eyes).
- I notice that too, r170.
He's so mild-mannered though, lol, he let the paps take pictures of him at a cash machine once and it was reported he had removed '£100' (whether he did or didn't).
I think people would have been placed to watch what he bought, so jotted down purchases as they saw them.
- [quote]He outed his ex-lover in a memoir without his consent and was sued.
It's only my opinion but I think we have our overall answer ^ if anyone suspects the closet is in play here.
Outing someone without consent = sueing. You can out someone as straight but not gay. Nice system, eh? And these people will be surrounded by legal redtape, all of them, even Nick as to how much they can probably say or do.
That's why none of this is as happy-go-lucky straightforward as it should be, imo.
- Yeah, you're right, R174.
- JJ, I know all that (I'm older than most on here!) and I know he's no angel.
But he or his friends have had personal relationships with the people he has outed (if you're referring to GR & M or the guy he was involved with in CC) so there maybe history that BG feels justifies his actions?
He presumably has no axe to grind with HS or 1D (apart from Liam) They're teenage boys, new to the industry and not fair game. I would assume BG would take this view?
I hope so anyway.
- While I of course wouldn't want Harry to be outed without his consent/free will ... IF he is gay, I wonder how much he would actually like to and how much he is obviously not allowed to. I would suspect, given his friendship with Nick (and by association other gay members of the clique who are openly gay in a way that doesn't define them), that he would actually like to be out as he seems the type to be proud of who he is. He certainly doesn't shy away from being 'different' i.e. into niche music, art, fashion and having much older friends, but that doesn't impact on the teen fans. and he is clearly given the freedom to do that.
However, him being publicly out, I suspect if true, is very much controlled by the whole team around 1D. He may have signed contracts which forbid him from coming out or there may be a general agreement between the team and him or even him and the other boys who would also be impacted by any decision of his to come out. Rather than it being his decision to stay in the closet.
and in some ways, IF that is true, I almost wish someone would take that decision away from him and accidentally out him, so his team have no choice but to let him be himself.
but this is all of course speculation. For all I know, Harry may be straight. or it may be his decision to not come out!
- R174 - but here is the twist. He was sued but he won (though the guy went bankrupt so he still lost money)
And H would never sue someone for saying he was gay, that would be insanely bad pr decision making. Too much bad publicity. It's never been done by a celeb- I don't think!
Boy George is safe, but wants to keep the game going - if he outs them, it stops being about him and instead is then about them.
- JJ, Jason Donovan sued The Face magazine about 20 years ago. he won I think but his career immediately nosedived due to the bad press about his decision to do that.
I think a lot of celebs probably learned from that.
- Brilliant LG - I had totally forgotten this but that was my exact point!
- JJ, If you're arguing that this Is a reason why a straight celeb would not sue against a claim that they are gay, I agree.
Suing someone in regards to sexuality claims is ill advised regardless of whether they're true or not. It's simply perceived as homaphobia and given the prominence of gay guys in the media, a celeb who does this is effectively cutting off the hand that feeds them.
- [quote]Nick Grimshaw has no idea who Chan Marshall is?
That was @ the BRIT noms? I was surprised such a indie signer was nominated @ such a mainstream award show.
Cat Power is BBC 6, Nick is pure Radio 1, very commercial and popular chart based music. I am not surprised he has no idea who Cat power is, I'm guessing Nick would think Florance and Kasabine are indie.
Cat Power would be far too cool, alt and underground for Nick, that's why I'm surprised she was nominated 4 a BRIT.
- R182 - I think it was more an issue of Nick not knowing that Cat Power's real name was Chan Marshall. I am presuming you didn't listen to Nick's evening show if you do think his taste is popular chart based music (my apoloigies if you are just saying this is what he currently plays, I couldn't really tell from your syntax); it's certainly not "indie" though. Not that it really matters one way or the other.
- Poor Harry has had to stop the concert to use the bathroom again, like a few days ago.
- R184 Really? I was just on tumblr reading some girl's review of 1D's show yesterday and she said Harry's performance was great but he looked exhaused and/or sad the entire show.
- Boy George isn't going to out anyone,whether he knows something or not he'll probably won't say anything,he's just winding up the 1D fans for attention.
- I didn't see that, R185, do you have a link?
Yeah, the bathroom thing was all over twitter just now and a few days ago as well.
Maybe thats an excuse to use an inhaler rather than the loo. I am sure he has good control of his bladder at 19!?!
- Maybe, Isis. It could also just be a cold or bladder infection or something.
- Or it could be an excuse to use something else...
- Isis - that sounds far more plausible!
- I doubt it, R190. He was back really fast the first time, no idea about today. I think Liam commented on it being the fastest bathroom break ever or something...
- I heard Boy George likes them young which explains this old Queen's fascination with 1D. I wouldn't be suprised if he has a thing for Harry.He is really pathetic. Really creepy for a man in his 50's to be having twitter spats with 13 year old girls.
- It is far more seemly for him to take an inhaler off stage than side of stage like at MSG, so I'm going with that until proved otherwise.
- You'd think he would keep his inhaler in his pocket rather than have to ask for it like atMSG. Also so he can maybe take it discreetly.
- I didn't care at first but now i'd like to know what's the deal with the inhaler.
- LOL I would like to see where he could fit an inhaler in his pocket...
- R198 I would have thought with his cough he would carry it round every day just in case.
- I think Niall had to take a bathroom break yesterday. Don't quote me on it. I was strolling through twitter trying to see if Nick had tweeted anything else and that caught my eye.
About the inhaler thing. Harry's breathlessness seems to be getting more and more noticeable. He seems to be coughing a lot more to.
Yes I agree with whoever wondered where he could put an inhaler in those jeans.
I think he's possibly going off stage to take his inhaler as oppose to taking it in full view of the fans, probably just wants a bit of privacy, which I don't blame him for.
On another note, Nick's been tweeting this afternoon. Seems like he's at a bit of a loose end.
- I don't think he's got asthma but he's probably got a problem with shortness of breath...He's coughing all the time and when he's on stage singing he's been breathless a lot of times lately and he even had to sit down during one of their songs because he was so tired from running around...and the fact that he's been going to the 'bathroom' a few times...probably to use his inhaler backstage.
I doubt he can fit that thing into his tight trousers lol :)
- R199 Princess Diaries? I think he maybe is a loose end!
- Thanks to the posters who suggested earlier to download expat shield, works perfectly!
- Interesting that he's watching the Princess Diaries - didn't Harry sing the national anthem of the fictional country Anne Hathaway's princess of at a show the other night? Saw a gif on tumblr, I think. Can't remember the country name - been a while since I saw the film! Moldovia??
I was asked a couple of questions last thread, but have been both busy and waiting out the Jamie Winstone rush.
L Girl - No, I never got anymore information. It's not really appropriate to bring up with my friends, shall we say. And generally they wouldn't know much more than what they've already told me, as far as I know. I think I said at the time, the person who relayed the information isn't close to either N or H personally; has links through mutual friends and acquaintances (including ST, funnily enough).
Pringle - about Nicolo, I think we were talking? To give you some background from back then, I followed Henry H on twitter closely that X Factor year, as he basically liveblogged every show. I can't remember his comments on 1D, though I wish I could. Through Henry, I started seeing N's tweets, because of their occasional replying. I obviously knew who N was. Thought he was pretty funny, too, and started following him. Obviously saw his Harry Styles tweets but I have to confess that I didn't see much out of the ordinary there; I thought Nick was out as gay, if I'm honest, and everyone was going a bit nuts for Harry, both famous and not.
Even though Nicolo went out very early, I still followed him on twitter - and obviously him and Nick tweeted back and forth a lot for a while, as they started hanging out. Nicolo, I think, started to be a regular on the East London scene - I remember in one instance, Nick took him to a gig as well. Stuff like that. There were a few pictures of Nick at Nicolo's house, I think, wearing his jumper.
I have to confess, I was never really sure WHAT was going on there. Looking back, I wouldn't be surprised if they were fucking; Nick's obsessed with pop stars, but I think he's also quite enamoured by the very odd and cool types, which Nicolo definitely fits in to. Nicolo's sexuality confused me, though; if anyone else followed him back then, did they feel the same? He made some odd comments occasionally, which implied to me that he might not be strictly gay. I can't remember rightly now, though.
Either way, I sort of stopped following Nicolo after a while and I think he and Nick suddenly just stopped talking. I'd love to know why, because they seemed to be getting on very well and Nicolo's very dry sarcasm seemed to compliment Nick's exuberance. I remember thinking they seemed cool together, whatever the situation. I think maybe Nicolo moved back to Italy for a while, however, and maybe this separation didn't work for them, as friends or otherwise.
Other than that, I don't know much else!! You probably didn't want that mammoth explanation anyway, but ho hum.
- The Princess Diaries is currently on TV, not sure there is anything to it, it was on the other night too.
- Ginovia ;)
- Guess who, thanks for replying.
You seemed to change your mind following the info from your source re TS dating H. Do you still believe 'Haylor' was real and if not, do you believe the rumours re H&N could still be true or was your change of view on that not really related to Haylor in the end.
Feel free to ignore these questions if you don't want to get into this (I'm just interested in whether your views have changed from when you last posted regularly)
- isis - ah well, it was a nice thought, anyway.
LG - it's fine, I kind of stopped posting more because my life got pretty busy for a while and also, at the time I felt like it was more about TS and H, rather than about H and N or H at all. Going over and over her involvement was pretty boring for me, whatever my views on their relationship.
I think generally, looking back, it seems to have been a PR stunt, though I wouldn't say it necessarily has to be anything to do with his sexuality. Also, though the consensus here seems to be that 'everyone' thought it was fake; I know a lot of people who think it was probably real. Not people 'in the know', but regular gossip and newspaper readers.
Personally, seeing how long it lasted and looking at the markers of the relationship and the boxes it ticked, I don't think so anymore. I think my friend either heard incorrect info or got mixed up somewhere along the line. I have no interest in going back and quizzing them on it though, because it would look odd.
As to H and N ... I really don't know. At this point I feel it could swing either way. The only thing that really edges me over is the volume of tweets from people I wouldn't have thought have any interest in perpetuating something fake or untrue. I ignore, mostly, tweets from anyone who is from uni, uses derogatory language, doesn't seem to have any connection to media sources. Just 'I HEARD' could come from someone who heard an insinuation at a party, from someone who's made their mind up from seeing all the pictures.
Then again, I'm not into grand conspiracy theories. And I don't quite envision Channel 4/Alan Carr being happy to do H's management's bidding. Also, exactly why would Jamie Winstone be interested in doing that? What benefit was really in it for her? She might get a few extra sales and hits out of it, but it's not going to do that much for her.
- I wonder how much JW was paid to go on the chat show?
- GW, your view seems similar to mine then (on the fence?)
Whilst I see plenty of reason to believe H could be straight and either sleeping around or with CF, i agree, the volume, nature and longevity of the gossip provides equal reason to believe H is bi and with N in some capacity.
A rather non-committal view i guess but there is so much conflicting info out there it's hard to commit.
Anyway, thanks for replying and I'm glad you're still checking in.
- On a completely different note i agree with what JJ said in R145
[quote]People here, on twitter,tumblr, DS and daily fail and devoting a decent amount of time to thing to figure out a 19 years olds love life. It's extaordinary really.
It's crazy how one person,especially one who is part of a band without an individual career,attracts so much attention of the general public,not only from 1D fans.It must be very uncomfortable being in his position really,can't imagine what will happen when he gets into an open legitimate relationship.
- I am on the fence too, but would like to share this video:
At around 1:30, H is having a lovely flirt with someone in the audience.
Although it is dated the 24/2/13, he wore that t-shirt for the concert N went to.
N said he was messing about and distracted and I thought that this could be them chatting!
To further bolster my tinhatting, I've watched other clips from this song on 23/24 and he misses a word on the coda withh Zayn on the 24 but not 23rd. So I am tinhatting the date is wrong!
Comments underneath seem to think that he was chatting to an older woman though:-( Although maybe it is Fran Cutler?
I would be lovely if it was N, that might make me jump off the fence somewhat.
- R210 People will probably get bored if that happens, I think people like the mystery, is he a womaniser? does he like guys? does he like girls? both? is he genuinely a nice charming guy? etc etc
- R210 I have often wondered what H's life must be like. It's getting so bad that he can't even go and purchase anything without it appearing in the press. It's quite uncomfortable to read, I tend to skip over whatever he has bought because I feel it's a terrible intrusion into his life. Especially as they are now reporting exactly how much he paid for it. Yet, having said that there must be a demand for it, or else they wouldn't bother reporting it.
1D have a day off tomorrow, hopefully they'll return to London and H and N can spend some time before H goes to Ireland.
On another note Nick Grimshaw to join a star-studded line-up at Wembley Arena for Russell Brand's imminent Give It Up For Comic Relief gig.
Apologies if it's already been posted.
- Been nosing around twitter tonight and Ns twitter chat with Matt Edmonson in Oct 2010 when Harry and Nicolo were on X Factor.
Makes for interesting reading I think. Apparently Harry was always the fav.
(Matt E - used to work at Holy Moly and on Xtra factor - now on R1 weekends)
- How are you viewing them JJ? Just scrolled to the end of Nick's twitter feed? Because I can't seem to get a site that goes back past ~3500 tweets. Would love to see some of them
- JJ- Your post reminded me of this (see link below).
I know Nick was joking but still i find it rather amusing.
- Searching a couple of ways. Using search function seems to let me go back further. Searched grimmers Matt Edmonson then scrolled back. Also searched some of Ns friends twitter and scrolled back. Very stalker-ish but was really curious!
- Isis - If it helps at all, from photographs of Nick at the concert, Nick and Fran etc were sitting at the left end of the small front row which was directly in front of the projected stage. (Nick was one in from Fran).
- JJ- thanks, didn't think of that..probably because scrolling anything with nick/harry now is almost impossible with all the fangirl tweets (the french larry shipper when searching "styles grimshaw" is particularly annoying)
- Does anyone have a link to watch Nick on Xtra Factor on November 6 2010?
- R220 can only seem to find part of it but here it is
- R220 oh wait! found the first part, it's at the very end!
- R222 thanks!
- Is that shadow or has Nick got a moustache there....?
- forgot to post the link for the first part of the nick and sadie interview
- I've watched some videos of this afternoons performance and I don't think H seemed well today. He didn't seem to have any energy and after his solo on c'mon c'mon on the video I watched he turned away to take a deep breathe in. I wonder if he is suffering from anxiety. I know he did get panic attacks when he was on the xfactor. I posted on here at the beginning of the tour that I didn't think he seemed himself this time round (although I know others disagreed) compared to the previous tour and said I thought like he seemed like he'd had enough but maybe he is just generally feeling not well which is a real shame. Anyway hopefully he can get back to London tonight and get some rest.
- I remember back in 2010 when Matt Edmonson met Harry and tweeted a pic of Harry kissing him on the cheek and Nick tweeted Matt saying he was jealous ;) he's always had a crush on Harry it seems.
- 226 - and people are saying that he's had panic attacks because of the Red or Black performance...I don't know if it's true but he apparently locked himself into a bathroom efter the performance was done and didn't want to talk to anyone...and well, we all know that he spoke out about in their documentary.
- R228 Not just because of Red or black - harry and the other boys have said before that harry used to be sick/throw up before going onstage all the time when they started out.
- He may just be exhausted or saving his energy, it is a long tour. I do worry though that this 19 year-old boy has the world on his shoulders, especially lately, I hope he has a strong support system in Lou, Tom, Nick etc etc
- Maybe he has had enough. Being in a boyband must be hard unless you're 100% willing to tow the line at all times. Also, he seems to have made himself a happy life in London with N and co. Must be tough to be away from home for so long. I can see him doing a 'Robbie' at some point.
- I remember the stories about Harry getting panic attacks during TXF and he did talk about how upset negative comments make him on that 1 year 1D documentary.
Maybe he's not in form yet,they haven't been on tour for months and maybe the ducarion and the expectations from the tour give him anxiety,i don't know.He has people who will look after him though,not only his bandmates but adults who care about him lots like Lou and even Tom when he's with them.
- Do you have a link to that C'mon C'mon solo, R226?
I hope he's just a bit tired and nothing more.
- re:230 I really worry about him too. My nephew is the same age as him and he can't manage school and a Saturday job. This boy has ridculous amounts of attention on him every day of his life/responsibilities to behave in a certain way etc. There is something very very unusual about him. To come from Cheshire to London and create the stir he has. To build up the network of high profile friends/contacts in London he has and all on his own. To deal with the fans and media in the way he has, always polite and giving of his time, never losing his temper. Very unusual indeed.
- Hi 233. I'm afraid I'm not techno. minded and wouldn't have the firat idea how to link anything but its on the @1DFAQ twitter page under 'New TMH video Cardiff March 3rd C'Mon C'Mon'. Its not far down.
- No problem, R235. Thanks for the information, I'll check it out.
- Harry and the rest the boys were out partying late last night in Cardiff (apparently for their manager's birthday since they sang haappy birthday to him at the concert) and Louis admitted they were all a bit hungover today. I've watched a lot of the videos from the concerts in the past week and Harry seems just as energetic and happy as the rest of the boys.
- and that's **of the and **happy...
- A recent tweet by a camera assistant from Manchester
- r211 They wear the same shirts at all their shows, like uniforms.
- Harry n Nick G.
One Direction and the five boys....
...One in Five remember.....One in Five.
- Superstitious, r242?
- thanks R241.
- [R243] na...
H and N very creepy being mates given the age gap, what else is it ? if I see the colour blue, I aint gonna say its green
I feel a song coming on///"too many broken hearts"....and remember the dollar signs need to keep on coming...Ssh !
- R245 what r u talking about?
- So you must think H's friendship with Lou & Tom is creepy as well, r245? And Cal. And Ben W...
- [R247] na..everyone has 'friends', there'friends and friends isnt there. Wake up !
- So why is H's friendship with N "creepy" to you?
- [R249] you can't be serious ?
- I'd like to hear it explained and not assume what your reasons are.
- ok you are all arguing here but can I just say that I love how close Harry and Liam seems to have gotten. They playfight and laugh with eachother on stage this time around in a way they didn't before and it's lovely to see.
- What's the matter, can't you articulate your own thoughts?
- Adorable, r253!
- If anyone's interested in looking at cute pictures of Harry and Nick, someone just posted this on tumblr.
- 253 - yes I love that too...I just watched this vid of them sitting in the background laughing and whispering to eachother and it's just very adorable.
-  here's another one with pics and stuff of H & N:
- Whatever the nature of their relationship is,H and N are clearly very happy together and important to each other it's just so love :) Thanks for the links everyone!
- Love those tumblrs, r256 & r258. Whatever they are to each other, it's lovely. Makes me all warm inside :)
- Found an old archive of some Nick clips on a Scott Mills site. If you go to May 2012 and September 2011 Nick is sitting in for him so the whole 30 minute podcasts are him.
- Random i know but does anyone know if Nick and Agyness Deyn are as close as they used to be? I always had a feeling their friendship changed sometime in 2011/2012,before that i used to see or hear about them hanging out.
- Well, she got married and lives in the US so kind of difficult to stay as close. Plus, her husband's a $cientologist, so who knows how that's affected her. They're anti-gay, after all.
- Peaches Geldof is into Scientology too and she wrote a whole thing for some magazine on why she supports gay marriage. It could have just been a phase for her (Scientology) but I think I remember Harry saying she talked about it when he met her and he wasn't into it. Weird how everything connects. But anyway, yeah I don't think they're as close, unfortunate. One of Nick's friends posted a picture of her and Henry on Instagram yesterday, I can't seem to find it now but I think it was from a few years ago, seemed a bit nostalgic. I haven't seen any of them refer to her in ages though.
- Well she's still best friends with Henry and even lived with him and his boyfriend for a while so i doubt she's anti-gay R263 and Alexa's been living in NYC since 2009 and Aimee did too so i don't think distance is a factor either,maybe they just fell out who knows.I never liked her much but i did enjoy seeing her with the rest of the "clique".
- Husband is a hardcore $cieno, so I meant that A's absence might have to do with his influence on her. Any other ideas?
- Yes i agree R266,i think it's possible that her husband's views affected her but i can't see her being anti-gay,maybe more conservative.
I can't think for a good reason,maybe they just grew apart.They definitely attended Coachella 2010 together and i'm pretty sure they attended LFW 2011 together as well,Alexa and Pixie and Henry were also there but judging from photos they didn't seem as close as before.
- Just had an odd flashback! Remember when Nick phoned Alex during his last evening show and named everyone who was there excepted Harry so Alexa asked quite surprised "isn't Harry there?"
I find it very cute how she thought Harry would definitely be there with all of Nick's friends :)
- whoa, catching up on posts...
To R506 and R508 back in thread part 8 -
Obviously I am trying to put a positive spin on open-to-interpretation comments Jaime made about the very short time (less than two hours?) she was hanging out with at least Millie and CAL and another woman at Nick's place before they took taxis to R1 for the breakfast show.
I have not watched the Carr video clip but if she did talk about "drinking lots of coca-cola to keep them going" - maybe it meant just that. Nick got into the cab with Harry for the ride to R1 with a can of Diet Coke (caffeine).
"...drinking lots of coca-cola to keep them going..." does not automatically implicate the use of drugs to me...or is it a British term?
And, yes, Nick has an exuberant personality. Sometimes it must be sheer nervousness for doing such enormous gigs. For there to be innuendo about his level of excitement while presenting at CIN is disturbing. I hope these complaints die down.
I am not trying to say he never uses drugs - because that's pretty ridiculous.
- R268 Thats really cute!! I love how people always hook them together, like when Rita tweeted and said she missed Nick and Harry!!
- So a clip of Harry thanking radio 1 was included in the new quiz. Also Sara Cox said Grimmy was leaving the building wearing a beanie during her show.
- So is Harry in London?
- Today's show was fantastic, everyone seemed really hyper and Ian trying to find Justin Bieber was hilarious. Although as someone on twitter pointed out, if he'd been One Direction stalking he'd probably have been inside having a cup of tea within 10 minutes. I think that's part of 1D's charm, for all their megastardom they still feel very accessible as a group. Very different feel to US megastars of the same age group like Taylor Swift and Bieber.
- Ian was brilliant and I actually cried laughing when they were all shouting at Ian to get out of the hotel when security appeared. Also the email thing was funny too. The craic working there must be brilliant.
- R272 no idea where Harry is but Nick left r1 not long after 10am.
Same here! And when Finchy was doing his SAFETY FIRST bit. I love how well the team all get on and the silly things they do.
- So nice to be talking about Nick but have to leave for work now. Hope to read a few more Nick related posts later on.
- I have a feeling the boys probably did come back to London last night. Its only a 3 hour drive from Cardiff and they finished the concert at half 5.Also they don't have to be in Dublin until tomorrow evening.
- Re Agyness Deyn, she's actually on the cover of InStyle this month, talking about her acting career. Had a quick flick, sounds like the interviewer was told s/he couldn't ask about Ribisi or any other personal questions, but that's no surprise even if he wasn't into that religion. It mentioned Henry as her childhood friend, but I didn't see anything about them now.
- I assume the boys are going to be going back to London a lot in between UK tour dates and not staying on the road like they did last year. Their band and supporting act were all hanging out in Cardiff together last night and I thought it would be strange for them to all be together without any of the 1D boys if they were there too since they're quite close with their band.
- R203 Thank you for your reply it was interesting. Don't worry I like long posts, I was worried I might have annoyed you with all my questions before, ha.
I saw someone say once that Nicolo was bi but I haven't been able to find out much about him to be honest. I agree with you, I like the idea of him and N together and think their personalities complemented each other well.
- This new tweet from Dan Howell (of Dan and Phil fame) is funny :D I like how Grimmy is so many people's one stop shop to get to Harry.
- [R260] guess the tabloids print potential female love interests as H is money man, not unusual - The 1D boys are all so nice, so good luck to all of them. But I think H will be first to go solo, not unusual, remember Robbie Williams did.
- I saw a tweet saying the following "Harry Styles let slip his man crush. (Grimmy will cry into his cornflakes). " I cant link to the tweet on my phone. I think it would have been from the Sunday mirror 3am section yesterday.
- Here you go, R284:
- Thanks r285
- [R249] If they weren't more than 'friends' a 28 year old hanging out with a 18 year old would be rather peculiar/creepy really.If they're happy noone can judge. Although NG in the tumlr pics looks bit lecherous.
- [R287] you mean post  pics
- R288 yes
- re: 287. And thats the problem really for N. I think they are in a relationship and are very happy with each other. But if I'm wrong and H is straight and simply Ns BFF when N has worn his heart on his sleeve so far as H is concerned and clearly couldn't be any more besotted with then sadly N is not going to come out of this well whereas as the young teenage boy H is going to be unscathed. I really do worry about the effect this will have on Ns career if it turns out there is no reltionship because he is already the one who is the butt of jokes/innuendo/vile comments etc. Lots of people around him must be telling him this though which is why I would actually be quite upset for him now if they are not in a relationship.
- I find the idea that Nick looks creepy/weird/pitiable if they're not secretly together really strange. I can see how it could appear that way based purely on outside perception, analysing old tweets and comments etc, but you only have to listen to them interacting to see otherwise. Their interactions are not those of a foolish pining man 'chasing after' a hot young popstar. They come across quite clearly as friends, with a very healthy dose of sarcastic teasing (from Nick - who seems to be like that with all his friends), who obviously have a lot of fun together and choose to spend time together. Harry seems just as keen to be part of Nick's circle and I would say Nick actually has a far bigger social circle than Harry does. If anyone's making Nick look creepy, it's the tabloids (as usual) and perhaps a lot of us who read more into things than might be intended or felt.
It reminds me of Harry's comment at the Fashion Week party - that there's nothing 'weird' about it. Perhaps he's in a better position than we are to judge?
- But the thing is, whether they're in a relationship or not, they're clearly comfortable with their dynamic, they've been friends for long enough, Harry consistently goes to Nick first after tours, they're close enough to know each other's families, and so on. I highly doubt there is anything one-sided going on, whether Nick acts more besotted publicly, whether that's a joke or not. I agree that in the public eye he will come off worse but a lot of that is down to unfortunate assumptions based on the fact that he's 10 years older and openly gay - so any positive comments or affection about Harry are interpreted that he must be in love with him or obsessed with him and couldn't possibly be friendly jokes within a relationship that's genuinely platonic. I personally don't think that's the case, as I do think it's likely in some kind of relationship, but I don't think there's anything wrong or creepy about it if they are honestly just friends.
- R290 totally agree with your comments. I bet the OneD management would have stepped in long before now I think as what they do and who they are snapped hanging out with does affect the image of the band and 'image' is everything with boy bands, and boy band members are always advised not to even have girlfriends, so it's getting to a point now surely where some kind of official statement will come go to press, to end speculation, even if H didn't want that I think it's inevitable surely.
I'm totally convinced that TS was just all a con and red herring, and remember CF shared flat with NG I recall, so covered bases there. I think NG will be left standing at some point as things change over time because H is only a teenager, and he has career ahead etc... but right now, it's pretty obvious what's going on.Would it damage the band? No, I don't think so they're so established, their problem is I think that the fact that we're talking H. will have more of an 'effect' on fans I think than any of the others as he was lead sort of spokesperson from the very start on XFactor and deemed cute/best looking, great in interviews/likeable, he had whole package and its just escalated, they're all popular, but Harry is most talked about. We'll see in time.
- I agree that there is nothing creepy about it if they are just friends, though I do think they are in a relationship too, R292!
- R291 yeah I agree, but the photos from an outsiders perspective, can give some the impression that they do look a bit 'lecherous' whatever the reality. Cameras don't lie, and that's all tabloids have to go on, and unfortunatley they view H and celebs as fair game don't they.
- they're not behaving like Ant and Dec are they...they're closer clearly, even in photos , theyre often much closer than two mates and co partying, let's face it, Ant and Dec don't hold hands when the paparazzi are shoving lenses in car windows. And although photographed by paparazzi with TS , they were normally a foot away from eachother, no hand holding, or embracing. The only time seen H do that is posing for a photo with a fan - so course tongues wag, they expected that and are probably well prepared for it.
- The fact that most of us don't find it weird here is irrelevant. N works in the media so how he is portrayed by the media ( and I don't think he is being portrayed very well at the moment)is vital for him and his future career. I agree with 293 that something will have to happen. They surely can't continue to be seen around together as much as they have been when that will incite yet more jokes/vile comments and innuendo at Ns expense. I realise H is touring alot this year but if you look at their calendar he is going to be in London alot more than you think.
- R291 I think the pair of them are great. Ultimately though, if they are together or friends - they have chosen to be both covert, and to actively court media attention both as individual and together. They are enjoying the perks of it all.
At the moment everyone is covered, the gay market in general love N as he is out and ousted Moyles, women 19-45 think they have a chance wth H, straight males are curious to know how a 19 year old is getting so much action and think he is a bit of a lad with his cars and indie mates, fashion world love them as a pair around town. Whatever they are to each other, right now in UK at least thy are the power couple.
They are both smart enough and nick is experienced enough to know the possible end games for them as friends, as a couple and in work terms. And that includes getting hit by dirty old man comments etc
If they come out that would stop instantly but then so would the interest to a large degree.
- PS - be honest, if your 27 year old mate came for a pint and said he was seriously into a mutual friend who was 17, you wouldn't take the p***?
I wouldn't think him odd but I would definitely take the mick and think hmmm, not for me. And as poster says if we on this board recognise it may be a little out I the ordinary, Mrs Jones in Caerphilly R3 listener might just be horrified.
- R297 I think that's a bit naive as N is old enough,been in the industry long enough, knowing enough people in it and how the media and tabloids work to know exactly what he's doing. He's doing what he wants to do, and would have known likelihood of dealing with gossip, speculation, negativity, bad press hanging out with and having a close relationship/friendship/whatever with a teenage lad,the favourite member of one of the now worlds top boy bands and one of the UKs most successful ever, the young pop starts of the moment that everyone wants a piece of...Surely he didn't view it as a career move, so it a no brainer.
- I read something that said NG made it his career to seek and hang out with celebs, who were flavour of the month...and I think comments like this do stick, so when dust settles and H moves onto new people, new social scene, which he may, I do believe NG will be a lot smaller and unimportant to gossipmungers as he is now, now hes huge, whatever is going on between NG and H, you can bet H will come out of floppy haired grinning like a cheshire cat with millions and can do no wrong and career exploding and NG s world will be a lot smaller
- JJ, I agree completely about how they're courting interest from everyone right now, but I don't know if it would necessarily disappear if they came out. There's a ridiculous amount of attention on H, like almost nothing I've seen before, as we were discussing earlier with him getting papped very time he goes to the store, articles written about his purchases, papped at bank machines, etc. If he came out as dating an older man I don't think any of the interest on him personally would wane, and would probably just out extra scrutiny on N, at first at least. N would also have to deal with at least a brief surge of global interest (who is this guy who H is dating, gay lover, etc). Interest on them as a couple might not be as high if there nothing to speculate about but I think H is going to remain pretty high in the spotlight for a while.
R297, In terms of it being all about media appearance though, do you think N looks worse of as a guy getting mocked for having a one-sided obsession with one of the biggest 'heartthrobs' in the country, or if he actually came out and explicitly admitted he was dating a guy ten years younger than him? The way I see it, the people who are making the disgusting 'Saville' comments right now are those who already think something is going on, whereas the rest just seem to find his fixation annoying, something to make them stop listening to radio 1. I don't think public response to them actually being in a relationship would necessarily be that great for N either.
- Come on, Harry and Nick are the power couple at the moment in UK? A bit too much imo. In fact I find this so unrealistic that I suspect JJ was joking when she affirmed this.
- R301 As much as people say that though, I think it's pretty clear looking at N's friendships that it isn't his style to move on from one famous person to the next at all? He's still really close with Lily Allen/Cooper despite her days of fame having passed a bit, and even with some of the people he gets on call or delete, old assistants or people who worked on previous shows, it's clear he's still regularly in touch with a lot of them? And the fact that not only are N and H close friends but that H seems to have been pretty accepted into that whole gang - most of who have been friends for five or six years, says a lot to me. Harry seems invested enough too that unless something bad happens between them I find it really hard to picture him just moving on and Nick picking some other spotlight friend.
- I agree with everything R301 said.
- R303 I actually don't think that's too unrealistic at all, not if you're looking at media/tabloid attention, public interest, insane amounts of connections between them, Harry's overwhelming fame, Nick's rapidly growing fame/media presence...
- If Harry and Grimmy are platonic friends, I think their friendship will withstand time. If they are lovers and somehow they will break sometimes in the future (don't forget Harry is just 19 years old, he could move to another hot stud in a minute, and he has many opportunities to meet young and hot boys), I don't think they will remain friends.
- probably just a matter of time before it's out in the open by management company then. Wish they'd just do it, and move on. H is hanging out with celebs, who are protecting him to an extent, but or how long/it will hit the fan or someone will just come out and say it and it'll be front page tabloid news. N AND H aren't hiding are they ! Remember all the Simon C rumours, still around probably, just don't take much notice and then they'll periodically be an article in the tabloids about one of his 'ex's' or 'rumours' of a relationship, or a book out his 'womanising'. Just hope H gets the right people around him, coupled with a loving support family and he'll be just fine.
- Have only just seen the attached, although I don't think it is a widely read site, interesting use of photograph (one presumes they don't know it's photoshopped), just slightly at odds with the article......
Thank you very much for the link, R261 - I haven't heard any of those, and will really enjoy doing so.
With regards to Nick and Harry, I don't think there is too much to worry about. The tweets we are referencing are relatively few and far between, it's just we are super-aware of them because of our interest. Whilst I found the tweet from the 3am girl mean; yes, she knows the situation, and finds it funny to include Nick, knowing she can't actually say anything more, it does give an impression of creepiness to anyone unaware of the nature of their friendship. One imagines as the tour continues there will be less and less about the boys/Nick so it will not be such an issue; after all 1D won't have singles/albums to sell and can afford not to be in the press so much.
- The problem with a couple of you seems to be that you think Harry Styles is the be all and end all - Nick had all his friends and his lifestyle (which Harry is now getting in on/immitating) before Harry and he'll have it afterwards. If Harry decides not to be friends with Nick, he loses all those friends and that lifestyle. Not that this should mean he should use them for that - but Harry's the one who's gained something from this friendship, more so than Nick. Nick would have gotten the Breakfast Show regardless; would still have attended all the events this year; would still have the majority of his listeners, who don't give two shits about whether he's friends with Styles or not.
Also, I think people are taking the comments on the Daily Mail website and Digital Spy as a sample of how the whole country react to gay men or relationships with age differences - these people are older and neither H nor N's target groups. Technically their opinions don't matter as much as that of, say, a 16 year old girl, who's a fan of 1D or a 24 year old, metropolitan man; both of whom are more likely to be tolerant. And not make references to Savile.
- I don't think N and H are the power couple of the moment in any shape or form,, I think that's a ridiculous comment - POSH N BECKs..YES., but not NG AND H from One Direction - They're being photographed whereever they go because of H and that's it - when alls done, or H moves on, no one's going to addres N as anyone other than the older bloke who was closely connected with H from One Direction. N will have his long term celeb mates to smultz with and H will be papped whereever he is, whoever he is with, and interest in him will be the same. At present, they're an 'item' and cute boy band member goss will be positive, and everyone will negatively target the older man, N, its just what happens
- boy bandss - one leaves - then they all go off do seperate projects, spend money - they reunion tour etc etc. The band may continue, but the peak is now and they're raking it in. Be interesting watching what happens.
- they are power couple of gossip and speculation because of the interest in whether H is gay or not as H can't just be hanging out with N so much and wearing his clothes, overnight parties etc...to get away from female attention.
- C, sorry I've been following this thread closely and especially the tweets but I don't remember or understand which one youre referring to as the "3am girl"?
- R311 - Yes, I agree with you, if Nick had been dating Henry Holland then certainly within the media-centric world they would be considered one, but really, Harry, at 19, is not going to be considered influential over anyone but perhaps a 14 year old!
- R314 - The tweet posted by R285 was by Natalie Edwards who writes for the Mirror 3am column. (I've reattached it just to save time).
- R309 looks like 'damage' control article to me ! Course H hasn't got history of dating he was 17 on catapulting to fame, nothing to go by.
- I agree with R310 and R307. We duscussed Nicolo before and i remember how close they were for a few months,when it all stopped suddenly it made me think they had something romantic going on that went bad.
Nick has been friends with his closest friends for years and they are still close even though some have moved abroad,like Alexa and Aimee used to live in NYC too.I think Nick has proven he can have solid log term friendships and i believe he can have one with Harry too,i don't see why they'd grow apart as his families and friends seem pretty close and they look pretty tight and important to each other.Of course Harry is young and could move on in the future but he seems to like keeping solid friendships,like Nick.
- R315 yes I agree - and they'll be a lot of young teens in tears
- R317 - Did the photo editor just not get the memo then?!!
- Nick is not fucking Aimee, Alexa or Ian tho... There is not bad feelings and broken hearts because he was never in a relationship with them. With Harry could be a different story.
- If my son was 27 and hanging out with an 18 year old constantly - i'd find it a bit creepy of the 27 year old and so would his friends the same age, same as if my daughter was 27 hanging out with an 18 year old, and if she was 18 with a 27 year old boyfriend I would be v. concerned. Life experience and emotional development shouldn't be ignored - why anyones afraid to say that is politiccally correctness gone made. CF got lots of backlash at the so-called relationship with H, and she was older than NG, so what's wrong iwht finding the whole NG and H thing creepy to some ? We all have our our own opinions and beliefs.
- Well, for some it is not political correctness but their actual opinion, R322. It's certainly mine.
- unusual, not creepy and i would wonder what the hell they have in common and would just finger tap while it fizzles out
- Who was the man crush then?
- the tumbr photos look like N is besotted and at 28 he will be one getting hurt. H is having a blast like any 18 year old and along for the fun
- R284 in response to R325
Who was the man crush ?
- if H was in a relationship with a girl of his own age wouldn't OneD fans give her a hard time ? so what's difference ?
- Judging from the fact that Harry is the one following Nick around and fitting himself into Nick's lifestyle i doubt Nick will get hurt.He is a grown man not a child and i don't go by "heart-eyes" or whatever tumblr fangirls call it.When a friendship or relationship ends it's hard on both sides i believe,but it's silly to think Nick will hide in his house and sob for days,
- Oh and R322 we get it,you find it creepy,is there a reason to make multiple posts about it?! Because you've repeated the same argument in like 5 posts already.
- R327. I posted the tweet. I think we will only know the man crush if we can find
A copy of yesterday's sunday mirror
- Interesting discussion today :)
For those of you asking "power couple" was definitely somewhat tongue-in-cheek - I meant most papped currently but it does make me laugh how fickle the press are. That would be instantly gone if the Becks were out and about by as they're not we have a breakfast DJ and a teen.
Things to remember:
If they came out there would be a flurry of interest but then.....it would lessen massively. Count the column inches about H. I'd estimate 80% are speculation about his love life. The only replacement press would be hunting down H and Ns possible dalliances
History repeating itself: don't forget Chris Evans was radio1 breakfast when he bought 17 year old Billie Piper a car then married her. We all got over that and press just died down once the news was put (hardly 1D fame leel though)I
C. That website is highly dubious, I've had concerns on other topics before. Think it's more of a one man random speculation - Gu post some absolute rot
- but if you were 30 and with a 20 year old, that's ok then, or not ? noone would blink an eye would they. It's the 'teen age' that sets people off
- I just think this is a different situation than an average 18 year old hanging out with a 27 year old (19 and 28 now for H/N). Harry has been in showbiz for the past 2 years; he's not a schoolboy or a uni student. Career wise, H/N are fairly "equal" in regards to their stage in life. Regardless whether Harry and Caroline truly dated, the met through mutual friends and she was also living a similar lifestyle (up and coming, working in UK showiz etc).
Harry is also close with Ben Winston, Cal, Gabe and David who are all Nick's age or older. Liam is in a long term relationship with a girl 5 years older than him that started when he was 17 and she was 22. They're in a position where they are meeting and working with people older than them so it's natural that they would become friends and perhaps more with some.
- R332 so true ! Do wonder what H sees in NG tho wondering why he's not bored yet and off with mates his age doing teenage things. It's flavour of the month, press are fickle , they'll pick em up and drop em just as fast
(So bored with Posh N Becks : does my head in)
- Harry's last tweet "@Harry_Styles
Just watched Silver Linings Playbook... I really liked it."
I did think that this Jennifer Lawrence crush would be pushed, can't say I blame him!
- well...just 19 so technically could have been school leaver last year btw after sixth form.
Theyre not all in OneD tho are they, and so quite different and as tabloids are fee boy/girl flirtations of H and female celebs and the 'relationship' (cough) of H and TS....and N and H are everywhere together, naturally there's going to be gossip and fuel and that big question mark , therein lies the difference
- Find it weird that Dan Howell tweeted about Harry and J Law a few hours ago..
- Harry quite clearly seems to prefer the company of "older" people, R335, at least more so than friends his own age. He does have some of course but those are the ones he grew up with and now given the choice he seems to pick older friends (and an "older" romantic interest in Nick in my view) so I don't see him getting bored really.
- R336 i doubt it,Lawrence is currently fimling The Hunger Games in Hawaii which will probably take months,Harry has a tour.Even if they wanted to "push" the showmance i dont see how it could happen.
R335 Harry has friends his age,his bandmates and friends from home but also has many friends Nick's age or even older.I dont think age matters to him and well he can party and have fun with both sides.
- Final thought on a coming out - They wont I believe but suspending disbelief for a moment; which do you think more likely
1) press instantly dig out the tweets from 2010 when Nick and his freinds were all saying he was their favourite and Nick saying he was jealous (probably jokingly) of Matt Edmonson.Start sepculation about Flack and Nick and did they share or pass him around blah blah (Daily Mail) blah. Suddenly its a 26 year old perving on a 16 year old barely legal.
2) Press make H the new modern era icon, first out boybander with international success and start to ask for his opinion on everything from world peace and discrimination to next seasons go-to fashion piece and where the 2024 Olympics should be.
3) the press treat H like a womanizer/manhunter who'd shag anything and make N to be the puppydog
Geniuninely interested in peoples thoughts
- R330 its a forum isn't it
28 year old with a teenager yeah, bit creepy but outside looking in ...i won't be the first.
- R341 2) and fashion label, aftershave, XFactor Judge, daytime tv presenter, own talkshow , and a plant species
- I think hanging out with other celebs is common because of privacy, and they keep private things privates so theres a mutual understanding that goes on, and celeb cirles of friends are quite small so they stick together regardless of age
- I doubt Harry and Nick care about age or labels,others have already mentioned Harry's older friends but Nick has some younger friends as well; Rita,Pixie,Cara,RJ King etc are all in their early twenties.If they have fun and understand each other what does age matter? Yes it might seem odd to some but it's their choice.
- Playing Devils Advocate for One Minute
Back to the H is gay/bi but not with N theory that was discussed at the beginning of this thread (9)
The idea is not without it's merit. I think the one thing that has always bugged me about the couple theory has been that N and H's interaction on radio/tweets etc from Oct 11 - May 12 struck me as very unguarded, (before everyone became obsessed and they started being careful) -I dont mean from a press point of view but from a new relationship point of view. When you have just started seeing someone most people I think tend to act cautiously about showing it all in public. Also the timeline never matched up for me about a lot of things in the early days.
However if H had come out to N before others, maybe during the CF period(dare I mention it), asked for his advice, support, then by nature they would become natural confidantes. Nicks closest friends have been moving on a lot recently, getting in long term relationships, moving out from flatshares, getting married, babies, moving abroad and it is natural he would have more time being single and living alone. It would also be natural for Harry to feel attached if he was the one supporting him and carefully introducing him to a more diverse crowd.
I mean seriously, who takes their boyfriend to Yo Sushi when they haven't seen them for 2-3 weeks. Id be straight home and to bed
- JJ, didn't even think of the press using those tweets but now that you mention it I have doubt that would happen if they came out any time soon. Very good point.
I think it would be #1 at the beginning and then mold into #2. I can't really see Harry being painted in a negative night (a la #3) tbh.
Read over articles on Billie Piper's relationship with Chris Evans...really interesting. Recommend every looks it up if they haven't already.
- JJ - Yes, that was my point in a way; it was the idiocy of writing a story detailing all of the gay gossip surrounding Nick and Harry, concluding that it wasn't true and then using a (admittedly photoshopped, but they don't seem aware of that) photograph of them kissing which totally opposes everything they have written! Passive aggressive journalism at it's best!
As to how the press would react, well I think it would depend on the publication. Plainly the Mirror and Sun would be "supportive" (they depend too much on 1D exclusives) but I think papers such as the Mail would crucify Nick.
I have noticed though that the last few press comments about Nick and Harry seem to be pushing the fact that Harry is following Nick, these are just from the last week:
Look magazine "Grimmy shares his clothes with Harry too - or at least, Harry steals them all the time",
ES - "Whenever Nick Grimshaw goes, Harry Styles is sure to follow.....and (Harry) spent the rest of the night glued to his side".
The Times - called Harry, Nick's "fashion doppelganger"
so maybe there is an awareness of how silly it is to imply that Nick, with his established career and contacts is in any way riding on Harry's coattails. I hope so, at least.
- R258 photos they're lots of them. Enough to keep stum then.
- R342 At 18 I was going out with a 29 year old. I have been out with people up to 15 years older than me. Age isn't really an issue. I have friends 8-10 years older and similarly younger. I'm not sure what the problem is. Harry and Nick are friends. They have similar interests and sense of humour. Why is this creepy?
- Hmmmm, I don't know, JJ. It could be possible of course. Then again it could be that they were at home THEN went to Yo Sushi...I can't remember the details of that day, so I don't remember when Harry arrived exactly, but we never have the whole picture...
- R348 I don't doubt. BUT H on his own is more newsworthy and he's so much more photogenic anyway let's be honest here, than N even if H is doing the following. The Look Mag artilce is just journo style to make H sound like fun young and playful
- R346 theyd go out and eat if they were hungry like any of us would then go home to make an evening of it and catch up. Normal
- H got back into the UK Jan 7 (morning) and the sushi lunch was on Jan 8.
Agree it's worth considering JJ. I personally don't think they were a "couple" in the time period you mentioned, but I know all of us have very mixed opinions on it.
- H arrived back the night before they went out to sushi.
- Harry arrived the previous day then next day he and Nick were seen at Yo Sushi,i agree that we don't know if they spent time together before,it's silly to think that we know all about their interactions.As for the tweets/general behaviour it doesn't struck me as odd,1D weren't THAT big back then and surely they had more freedom as to what they tweeted.The way i see them is two people who met recently and are rather smitten with each other.
Irrelevant but just saw an article on DM about Sheeran and Swift,apparently they want to make him look as a womanizer,dear God!
- R352 - I quite agree; Harry is the reason most of these articles are being written, without him there would be far less press coverage of Nick, but since he is being written about at the moment I do think it is much better that some, at least, are not pretending that he is just blinding following Harry's lead as this is plainly not the case.
- photos in R258 I'm just wondering how supportive do you think rest of the 1D. band are with all of this ? My young nieces jaw would drop with disappointment
- R344 and R345 - Totally agree but we weren't talking about hanging out, we are talking about being sexually attracted to and sexually active with someone and sustaining an intimate relationship for over a year. I dont have an issue with it at all but understand that people may see it differently and that it is a fair quesiton to ask whether someone so young could offer the same perspective in a relationship (fortunately I suspect N is a little emotionally immature, in the relationship area do its actually probably a good match combined with H's maturity)
R353 lol - clearly it's just me rushing to the bedroom when I get back from a work trip then!
R354 and R355 - good points well made, reassuring to know some on this board are paying proper attention
C R344 Good point - am off to see if this is true in any other publications as it is a real departure from the neilsean and 3am stuff implying Grimmy is a puppydog with a crush.
Also Chris Evans Billie Piper story here- though I can assure you Daily Fail was somewhat less supportive in 2000 when it happened (unfortunately google and internet doesnt have press records back that far)
- R356 wish TS would leave off Ed S. , here we go, TS at it again or her PR team
- R357 yes I think N is taking young H out and about to meet his friends. When you're constantly being followed and papped I guess H has the connections as he's so new on celeb scene relatively speaking to go along with N's celeb haunts and parties in their houses.
- R354 R355 Are you a stalker or something .................great info
- R362 ha!
- R359 in response to R344- posst was in response to why H isn't hanging out with those his own age. As for the intimate relationship I think CF was just conjured as she was sharing with N at the time and it would not have been good time for press to get hold of that because of bands image and was this the start ?
- JJ - Just revisited the DM article about Breakfast show after the Brits, and it actually it is also taking the line that Nick is the leader of the two.
Amusingly reading the comments, 21 of the top rated 30 comments refer to Nick and Harry as a couple or lovers so it's possible that really it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if they did come out!
- N looning around like a giggly teenager with an 18 yr old is just embarrassing Its not even as if he looks young for his age far from it
- 10 years H's senior course hes leader
H is young and impressionable remember
- R367 - Out of interest, did you know that if you click on the "troll-dar" button all of the comments by one commentator are highlighted in yellow?
- c. Yes I noticed that too with he DM readers comments. Its amazing how many people have now assumed they are a couple from the pics. they have seen outside of this sort of forum. That along with most of the rumours coming from media insiders, its in fact the 1D fanbase itself that is lagging behind.
- R330... and R367 I was just typing this out.
yes, R322 - you have suddenly been prolific and unrelenting in your negative posting. Did you just discover this forum? Coming from tumblr? or DM, DS, or other tabloid reading?
And your posts are rather difficult to read.
Thanks for that, had forgotten totally they'd taken that stance (though I have a horrid, little suspicion Daily Mail has to take that approach if they are to be able to make out in the future the nasty old man corrupted the sweet, naive teen, should they ever get caught!-am such on old cynic)
R366 Sorry we can't all be grown ups. I'm in my 30's and still looning around with mates in age from 21 - 45. All single-ish, all working hard and all misbehaving and being silly.We're just shallow I guess :)
Everyone else, - had almost convinced myself about the whole Gay independently of Nick and just friends/mentor thing so revisited a couple of masterposts on tumblr. (got the hang of tumblr now)......5 minutes reading later I'm back to where I was, thinking if they aren't a couple then that's one seriously tight friendship.
- This guy in London (not sure what his profession/position) has been tweeting sticking up for Boy George and just tweeted him "they say harry styles is having an affair with nick grimshaw?" I don't know how well he knows boy george but boy george follows him on twitter.
- Haha, JJ, yeah, as I said it's possible but I do think the more likely scenario is that they are a couple...I am always interested in gay rumours about Harry that are independent of Nick as well though, especially if they were only FWB at some point, because I do think they're more now.
- R371 I know-could almost buy the "cool older brother/mentor" from time spent together and some of their interactions...if it wasn't for the flirting, innuendos and N16's source saying H is exactly N's type.
- R372 not invalidating it completely, but BG does follow 14 000 people on twitter
- Similar post to the one JJ posted,listing all the times H/N were together i believe before and after H leaves for tour.
I do think H/N are involved and not just friends but i'm still not sure of it is a relationship,FWB or an open thing.
- I think this was really funny. "Nick Grimshaw annoying Matt Fincham (22/05/12)"
- R372 I have pretty much given up on tweets as they are mostly I think mostly they are now just random people who are being told by mates in that "guess what i know" way that actually means "my teenage daughter just saw this on twitter" but actually this is more than a little interesting i think, though probably no more credible than you or I going on twitter and saying it. (unless of course you are either famous or related to N or H, in which case you'd probably be quite credible ;) )
The guy is in a two way conversation with one of the guys who write primtime TV (both gay and out) and is also chasing Jack Whitehall on twitter for a date)
On a different note, this below, will always be the tweet that makes me laugh most, as for me its the one where all the innuendo stems from!
I'm always surprised by how many people on twitter and tumblr GENUINELY seem to read that as a reference to being gay and not talking about 'coming out' (going out somewhere). I'm constantly seeing reference to Harry being outed via this tweet.
- R378 I agree,if nothing else the word "tonight" clearly indicates they were talking about going out somewhere,not about a "coming out".That's the way i see it anyway.
- It seems only Niall has been seen in Dublin so as expected H and the others have probs. been in London since yesterday evening and will fly out tomorrow. N said this morning that he was going to be clearing out his cellar today ( !)and Sara Cox said he left the R1 building as soon as he'd finished his show. He has been quiet today on twitter though and I hope he is spending time with H bc. from the 1D diary there is no prospect of H being back in London until night of 23rd March (if he drove back straight after Birmingham show) at the earliest.
- R381, maybe Nick can go to Manchester the weekend of the 16th? Maybe not to a concert but he'd be nearby.
- N posted a pic on instagram that seems to imply he's celebrating emily's birthday tonight (which he mentioned on the show)
He is - and looking v attractive
- R383 think that's unlikely as he stayed at her parents with her last night (mentioned it on the radio)
Just looked at tour dates....
he could easily duck back to London on his day off in Belfast and have a full day and night at home and would be able to do the same after Nottingham easily. I've done Birmingham in less than 2 hours easy.
If Nick goes home to Manx when he has a day off there, that'll be telling as I imagine H would spend that with his family.
- I don't think we'll hear much of them hanging out from now on,i imagine they're going to be more discreet but maybe i'm wrong.
- R383 I stand corrected by R384
You guys are very good at this research aren't you?! lol
- The Manc dates are a weekend so it would be easy for N to go to those. Wonder if he might take his niece. I know Niall teased him about bringing his family in the north.
- R383 - And in a familiar shirt... (the middle one, obviously)
- That's the shirt harry wore in the first instagrim pics too isn't it? Nick has worn it previously as well
- Have just seen a video of Louis and Harry mashing their privates together? I'm crushed.
- 391 - Do go on ...?
I notice there is a new video of the 1D boys in a club in Cardiff which people are going a bit crackers over, however, I don't know how anyone can make out much of whats going on, the camera is all over the place!
Louis' face when the blond girl was coming a bit too close was funnier.
- Tumblr are going a bit crazy over the rumour that Harry fingered a girl in the club.. not sure how he managed that as a friend of mine was there and said they were surrounded.
- R392 What happens in the video? I haven't seen it.
- R394 Do we know where the rumours originate from? Find it hard to believe he would have managed it in an Oceana where he's bound to be surrounded - but I've known stranger and filthier things to happen in those places.
- Here is the video from the nightclub,not sure the one R391 talked about. so R391 if that's not the video pls do provide us with the correct link.
- just going to leave this here, sure some will appreciate :)
- Thats the video I saw - I can barely work out anything other than flashes of Harry and Louis faces. I'm sure someone somewere has slowed it down and analysed it to death for Larry moments.
- More Grimmy, less 1D :p
- R397 - if that's the video they are talking about they have done well to find any "Larry" moments there!
I suppose the thing is that a lot of these fans are young teenagers and just haven't been in a club, let alone on a busy night, there just isn't the same concept of personal space.
R400 - Yes. You are quite right.
For those who didn't already know Graham Norton is doing his Comic Relief chat marathon starting on Thursday evening at 7pm on BBC3. Nick is one of the co-presenters, one imagines early in the evening (I think Terry Wogan is also involved so he may be on first).
- How can anyone make out what's going on in that video. According to people who were there Harry was getting it on with lots of girls.
- [quote]According to people who were there Harry was getting it on with lots of girls.
Are you trying to ruin me!?
Really? I'm surprised he would be so open about it in public (and where everyone has their camera phones).
- Unless that's the point, R404. Nothing backs up Friday's 'Harry's not gay' like shakey camera clips of him getting it on with multiple girls.
Intrigued what Nick's heat article will read like. Am expecting a flat out denial at this point.
- R399 at the start of video there's a very large bouncer standing on left- body guard perhaps so they don't get mobbed
- Everytime these boys go out the rumors are crazy and they almost always concert Harry or Zayn and how they flirt with 100 different girls.I suppose they chat girls up,let's not forget they were probably too drunk,but i doubt he openly made out with anyone in such a public place where it's way easy to just take your phone out and take a photo!
Lou Teasdale and their security guy were there,the other boys as well (you can see Niall in the beginning of the video -blonde hair and blue jeans shirt).
- R402 - From the photographs I have seen I am presuming you mean dance rather drunkenly with. Pretty sure that given the vast number of photographs there have been it would have been well documented if it had been anything further. And really isn't the idea of clubbing to drink perhaps a little too much and dance with strangers?
- Exactly, C.
- R405 i hope the interview is about Nick and his job and plans instead of another bunch of awkward questions about Harry and at least they blatanly asked him whether they dating or not i expect Nick giving his usual vague replies if the issue of Harry comes up.I don't think Nick is the type of guy to deny or confirm anything,he likes his privacy.
I hope for this too. Obviously I like Nick and Harry, but I am getting tired of Nick being so constantly asked about him. He's not only Harry Styles's friend, he's pretty interesting in his own right too.
- I meant unless not at least in R410 God what is wrong with me!
- R412 - The interview is with Boyd Hilton so I don't think you need worry too much. He is a nice guy. He also does a podcast with Ben Winston (one of few other people at Harry's birthday dinner on the Thursday night) and certainly knows Nick quite well, professionally at least. I imagine it is likely to be nearer the time of Comic Relief rather than this week, but given the Graham Norton thing is on Thursday maybe it is to tie in with that.
- That's what I hope too R410, but the last week has left me a bit cynical I'm afraid. I would love a real Nick interview since he gives so few of them but is always fascinating when he does (especially when he talks about music) but I've a feeling heat are mostly going to talk about Harry and Nick said yes to an interview to avoid some sort of hatchet job.
- R411 that's the problem with 1D,everytime someone gets linked to them it's all they get asked about!I remember when Ed Sheeran first starting working with them,poor boy was promoting his album and people were asking him about 1D instead!I'm pretty sure he got frustrated at some point and made some sort of remark but i can't recall what it was.
Nick loves his work and his interviews are always interesting to read,as much as i love H/N i know we'll get nothing more than awkward replies so it's better for interviewers not to bring H up,but i know they will.Funny how H never gets asked about Nick,it's always the other way around!
- it wouldn't change anyone's view to know H is gay anyway would it. I think N confirming there's a relationship going on would be damaging to H if sidestepped in an obvious way in an interview And I think it should come from H directly and management/PR. I think that would be unfair so I agree N shouldn't be probed about it
- That Boyd Ben Winston connection is really interesting, c. Boyd's Tweet gave me the impression he hadn't met Nick before. Huh.
- Why are you surprised, R417?
- R417 - Well, I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure I have seen some previous interviews/tweets/mentions etc over the years. I thought at the time that the tweet last week was just a courtesy post interview one though especially as Nick didn't reply.
The podcast connection is interesting though, I suppose Arsenal has rather diverse fans!
- They were just in the club dancing with everyone, some guys have posted about dancing with them. No trying to pick up girls was going on. One guy said Harry put his arm around him, in a drunken way, not trying to pull him.
I like to talk about 1D on here too. Nick and his friends are a bit boring.
- Thanks, R420, that sounds more realistic.
I mean there was even a rumour Harry had punched someone...another one, haha.
C, I am actually oddly fascinated by Harry and Ben's friendship. It seems more unlikely to me than whatever is between Harry and Nick, as that actually makes complete sense to me :).
- Exactly R420,that's the point of clubbing like C pointed out,you go out and have fun,drink and dance with friends and strangers.
In a very crowded club it's normal to be super close to someone and maybe more tactile than normal,especially when drunk.I don't think dancing with a stranger or a friend or a bandmate means you want to make out with them.
- For those interested in Harry's friendship with Ben,in an interview 1D did with Cosmo sometime in fall 2012,Harry mentioned Ben and his wife as relationship role models which is just adorable :)
- It is, R423!
I also love his tweets about him!
Nothing really - I don't read those kind of magazines at all usually but it's noteworthy to me that Nick's not talking to some random journo but someone he knows, someone who has a connection to someone Harry's close to and trusts. Perhaps he knows most of the people who work at heat, though? I wouldn't really know. I'm a tabloid newb :/.
- R423, that's adorable. 1D do get asked some weird questions, though. Unless all teenage boys have a relationship role model now....
- R425, I don't know any more than you really, I just thought that you were surprised he didn't know him through Ben.
- I think we are giving to much weight on the Heat interview.It's a paper that i believe young people buy and Nick needs to promote his work in general so i think it's a good deal.Yes Heat isn't the ideal magazine but he's talked to them before and i don't know if Nick himself picked the interviewer or not.I think the Harry/Ben connection with Boyd is more of a coicindence,not something significant.I can't imagine Nick giving a full interview talking about his personal life when he's been avoiding the subject for years!
- I really like everyone involved in this conversation
Shamefully, I only started paying attention to Ben when I saw a hot guy in the background of the birthday dinner Harry and Nick pictures and asked someone who it was. A quick Google informs me Ben and Nick Tweeted about X Factor but that's the extent of my knowledge about their relationship (got a bit distracted by Ben and his orange jacket again, if I'm honest).
- Haha, R430 :). I didn't even know Ben and Nick had tweeted about X-Factor, just that they followed each other.
I love this photo of Ben and Harry:
- Harry was seen tonight alone at Temple Bar in Dublin so i guess he isn't in London.
- Apparently that was just a rumour, R432?
- 100% rumour started by a girl on twitter
- Sorry i saw it on those update accounts,i'm not too familiar with the 1D fandom so i thought they were reliable,sorry.
- Don't worry about it, R435 :).
- when I read about Nick and Harry I remember this blind gossip :
He Will Lose His Job If He Comes Out
This cute young celebrity is in a tough spot. He wants to live as his real self, but he is part of a group that could suffer if his image changes.
Here’s the situation: He is gay. He has always been gay. But the role he has to play is one which girls would find attractive. So for the past couple of years, he has been pretending to be straight, and pretending to enjoy girls idolizing him.
Now he is growing increasingly uncomfortable with that role. He is frustrated that he can’t openly date guys his age. He is not the only one in his group of colleagues who feels this way. However, for now, he is the only one who has been pushing management to allow him to be the “The Gay One”. He really wouldn’t mind that label at all. The others are trying to stay out of the controversy. While they are privately supportive of him, they are content to play the public game of pretending that they are all straight as long as the paychecks keep rolling in.
His management team – which is substantially older than him – vehemently opposes his coming out. They have made it very clear to him that they are there to sell an image, not to cater to his personal desires to come out. They believe in the more old-fashioned “girls are only interested in straight boy celebrities” school of thought. They don’t believe that a gay young celebrity will sell. They are so convinced of this that they have warned him that if he goes rogue and announces that he is gay, and fans tune out… he will lose his job.
don´t you think it fits Harry giving a shit regarding his relationshoiip (romantic or not) with Nick?
- R437 I read that a while ago on tumblr. "larry" shippers use it as some kind of evidence that Harry is in a relationship with Louis while using Nick as a "beard" bacause of the "can’t openly date guys his age" part.
- Thanks for that R431, I think I could get quite into Ben (were it not for the pesky married thing). No idea how to link the photo from my tablet but Ben also Tweeted a pic of Harry with James Cordon's book down his pants. They seem quite a tight knit little group (esp after the Grimmy/Cordon smooch at the Brits).
- [R439] I know the blind one you´re talking about, but this one is about a rebellious guy that wants come out of closet and is pressing his management to allow him to do it.
- Nick being a beard is the single most ridiculous thing i've heard in my life!
Anyway the blind could be about Harry but i have my doubts,it sounds like these people picked a few facts from different places and put them together to make a blind.The constant mention of management sounds like a tumblr user wrote it!
The reason why i doubt it's for 1D is because i don't think anyone would kick Harry out of the band if he came out it's ridiculous and the way the blind is written it makes it sound like his collegues could go on without him and the way 1D are working i doubt they'd go on without Harry.
- R442 Agree! The "beard" theory is just hilarious. And some of those blinds really do sound as if they were written by shippers.
- It sounds more like it's about Louis.
- Blind Gossip has completely lost it's credibility when it comes to 1D. The blind is definitely supposed to be about them (and likely about Harry) but they source half their information about 1D from tumblr posts and Larry shippers off of tumblr who post in the Blind Gossip comments.
- Blind Gossip had credibility to lose?
- BG isn't credible; Their posts are always vague so no one can blame them of exposing celebrities and their information is a mix of real facts,things they've heard on the grapevine and fanmade rumors they find online but make a good story anyway.
- I would argue the "real facts" bit. If there are any real facts it's because some of the gossip and fan rumours have bits of truth to them.
- Has is been discussed about why Aimee moved into her own London-area place?
Because H was frequently at N's, therefore lack of sleeping arrangements? Or because of a blooming friendship with Ian?
Even if staying in a one-bedroom place with her buddy, N temporarily - it sure seemed a long time. Maybe she was in NYC more often...
- I assume it was always meant to be temporary while she got her stuff figures out in london? Although the fact that it seems like she might be somewhere not the most dog friendly does make me wonder if there was some kind of rush
- R449 i think the most reasonable explanation was that she needed her own place.Her staying at Nick's was temporary,i believe she had plans of buying a place but something went wrong so she stayed over at Nick's for a few months,i guess looking for the best place/offer out there.
- Hmm nick said he watched the bieber documentary with a friend last night and they teased him about a 'busy night' no clue if there's any chance it was harry, I guess the nice thing about referencing a specific movie is we might be able to tell if it ever comes up again like with the beyonce documentary
- Nick having a wax case of his head done for his new panel show!!!
- cast not case
- Thought this video was sweet!
- Nick is very hyper today!
- Hope so 452. Even when we don't know exactly where H is when he is in London we know he will either be with N or the Teasdales. There is nowhere else he could possibly be since he doesn't seem to want to live in either of his properties and there has been no mention of him staying with anyone else.
- He just said watching the documentary made him and his friend feel really old, so it seems unlikely he was watching with Harry.
- r458: yeah thats why i doubt he is with harry. if last night was harrys last night in london for weeks he would have spent it with grimmy. also, we don't know he only stays with just grimmy or lou? we didn't know he lived with ed until ed talked about it. we really don'y know what harry does with most of his free time. for all we know he is spending the nights we don't see him with a secret gf or bf as someone suggested.
- Thank you, r459. It's creepy to suggest we know he couldn't possibly be here or there, or that we always know where he is. Poor kid.
- yeah exactly 460. starting to think gryls is looking like larry. a real friendship that they played up for publicity and when people strated to actually take to take it seriously they had to properly deny it. reckon harry is seeing someone else cos we really don't see him out that much and he is never seen getting off with girls in clubs and stuff.
- Was it ever even confirmed that harry was back in London?! Just because one update about him being at a certain bar was wrong doesnt mean he was automatically in London, I think that was just an assumption...
- I think honestly you can't put a lot of weight on the throwaway comments Grimmy makes. He embellishes stories a lot, his stories don't always add up, but hey they're fun anecdotes and he's doing his job entertaining. We have no idea where Harry was last night and like R40 said its creepy to act like we always do know their whereabouts (or can determine their relationship status based on their whereabouts on one given night!) there could be a lot of other details or other stuff going on
- I'm intrigued by who Nick was with if it wasn't Harry (I'd assumed he was with Emily and her crowd after the pic Miquita posted but maybe that wasn't taken last night?). Anyone have any ideas who he knows well enough to get into bed with who would also watch a Bieber documentary and is someone he wouldn't name check? Pretty sure there was a 'he' in there too.
Aside: I just checked Nick's Twitter to see if I'd missed him Tweeting something and he just started following Alain de Botton.
- R461 Except that they never "played up" a bromance like Larry, they simply spent time together, and the people who gossiped about them being in a relationship according to their trusted sources certainly weren't saying it just because they thought they were giving each other heart eyes in that one picture.
Also, neither Harry or Nick have denied anything, Nick has hinted at being in a relationship while continuing to hang off Harry acting besotted with him and spending a huge percentage of time with him when he's in London. Just because we don't know where Harry is every night, and should never expect to, doesn't make it more likely that he's secretly carrying on a relationship with someone unknown. In fact if you're pointing out that his behaviour is indicative of being in a relationship at all I think Nick is pretty clearly the most obvious candidate for that.
- 464 - he might just have a bf or fwb that isn't famous so we don't know anything about them? if he isn't a celeb, the press and papas wouldn't take notice of it?
liam and gf were in london yesterday so even if harry wasn't, he could have been if he had wanted to be.
I think Grimmy would get in bed and watch a Bieber documentary with any number of his friends. He doesn't seem to regard it as anything particularly special or meaningful.
- R464 I'm pretty sure the picture was from last night, I can imagine Miquita would Instagram it a day later, and nick did also post the picture of his card around the same time. It could have been an early meal and then he was hanging out with his friend later. I would guess Emily if it wasn't Harry, although he probably would have mentioned her birthday if that was the case so maybe not. Maybe Miquita? He doesn't always name drop his friends anyway, and I don't think he did say "he" but I could be wrong.
- R467 Exactly. That's definitely not something that automatically suggests a relationship for him, he sleeps in the same bed as his friends frequently, has them over for the night or stays at their places, etc. (of course I'm talking about his female friends mostly I think)
- so he has said he was in bed with a man last night that we know wasn't harry due to the age comment, even though harry was prob in london and we still think they are in a relationship?!? mmm...
and it's easy to convince yourself if you are going to explain away stuff that doesn't fit with , grimmy must have changed his story and the old comment wasn't real. this all sounding a bit desperate now...
- I think we're all reading too much into this. If you can be so swayed that the past year of clues/"evidence" means absolutely nothing because of one vague story then I don't see why you're even still here. I'm not sure what my stance is on the nature of their relationship but I'm certainly not letting this story, or them spending time with other friends (which seems to make some people on here go batshit), lead me to my conclusion.
- I am convinced Harry is in relationship with Nick because noone will tatoo his body with such a coupley images if he is not having a strong bond with someone. Harry tweeted some couples tatoos in October last year, and a month later he appeared with the two very big birds tattoo. Then the two hands togeter tattoo from January which simbolises equal love. Harry is in relationship, without doubt. And Nick is his boyfriend imo.
- R470 Nick himself said in one of his shows that he lets his friends crash over anytime and sleep with him since he only has one bedroom.
If Harry has a secret boyfriend or girlfriend then why is he sleeping at Lou's or Grimmy's or Ed's so often? Wouldn't he be sleeping with his partner? Especially if he's gonna be away on tour for so long.
- Whilst I feel it is wrong for either Nick or Harry to have their moves constantly monitored I don't think anything Nick said this morning gives anything away one way or another; which is no doubt his intention. He is very good at almost creating a separate "Nick Grimshaw" for his radio show.
He didn't use a pronoun, there was no use of the word "he" at any time as far as I was aware, he just called the person "his friend". I presumed from the earlier instagram, and the fact that he has teased Miquita about her love to Bieber before that it was her, especially as they are a similar age. However no mention was made of her staying over, just that they watched it in bed, which seems to be Nick's preferred way of watching television when he has a friend over. Given that Harry appears to often arrive late (the cookie baking a couple of weeks ago for example; he turned up after 10pm (without being asked over specifically for the baking so obviously it was already agreed)), and also given that he is off to Ireland for a week or so, and no doubt will need to do laundry/pack etc it wouldn't be surprising if at some point he did go home even if he came back later.
- I also assume some posters here aren't familiar with Nick and his stories? This is what i understand anyway.
The birthday photo was from yesterday Nick even said on the show they would celebrate her birthday! The friend could be anyone,from someons we do know to someone we don't know.
- I think Nick has told completely contradictory versions of the same story before...I don't take his details very seriously unless we get something else to corroborate them.
- Exactly R476. I'm obviously not saying that we can just ignore any story that doesn't fit what we think but I think it's ridiculous to doubt a relationship corroborates by so many other things because of one tiny anecdote - especially when Nick can be an unreliable storyteller/often plays a bit of a character. He spent Valentine's whining about being single and that wasn't taken as automatic proof he's not dating Harry. It's part of a character. And I agree about trusting the stories that are backed up by other stuff - ie. Chris Stark tweeted about Harry and Nick baking together, photos of Harry and Nick in Waitrose from the weekend he talked about making the spinach pie, the story about Harry's house being haunted when he talked about staying at a friend's haunted house and his friend doing them a roast dinner after the Teen Awards, Harry and Nick spotted at lunch the day before he talked about meeting his friend for lunch, and so on.
- how do you know hw isn't spending nights with a secret partner? we don't knwo where he spends his time and as for staying with nick, that came from the daily star and i thought we had all agreed the tabs spount crap and should be ignored? i agree though that all the signs say harry is in a serious relationship cos of all the tattoos and the fact he is never caught with anyone else. also the tattoo and tweets about sweet disposition last year make that clear. just don't think its grim.
- But why exactly would he keeping a relationship secret for so long? If it was starting out that's different but if we're going back to the tattoos, some of that was almost a year ago. He already dealt with freak out over CF, so what would be worse? He dealt with freak out again with T Swift, so it can't be out of concern for the fan reaction, and indeed why would he fake a relationship with T if he was actually dating someone else? I'm no saying it's impossible because obviously yes, we don't know where he spends a lot of time. But it feels like such an elaborate explanation to come up with rather than the explanation right in front of us that makes a lot more sense. Occam's razor.
- Is it CF.
- R478 Harry is 19 he's not going to cover up his body for tattoos of his secret lover,please be reasonable here.I also don't think any of his tattoos indicate a relationship?! Temper Trap is one of his favourite bands and he has also tweeted Bruno Mars and You Me At Six lyrics,i guess he just likes tweeting lyrics!
I don't know what H/N's involvement could be but he could be sleeping with Harry as much as with anyone really.
From fan stories Harry very often arrives and leaves rehearsals with the Teasdales,Ed made it sound that Harry stayed with him for a considerate amount of time and i do think he's staying with Nick judging from their often sleepovers.So i agree with R473 if Harry is in a relationship why is he sleeping over at friends'? It makes no sense to me.
- R478 - That's fair enough; we all have our own opinions. I think most of us here are going on the sheer volume of tweets/sightings which indicate that they are together, or in the case of N16 and myself we have been told directly by people who know Nick (through work, in my case), that they are a couple.
On a different note, there is no interview with Nick in this week's Heat magazine, although there is one with Greg James (he is asked a couple of questions about Nick, in relation to twitter followers and being friends with 1D, but is very gracious in his replies), so it may well be in next weeks' edition.
- It's not impossible about CF but I find it REALLY hard to believe if they were still together a year later no one would be dropping hints about it, no matter how hard they tried to hide it. It's almost impossible when they're both working in public entertainment industries and having the contacts they do that they would be able to hide it from everyone for so long, or that no one would hear or see something and let slip, and I haven't seen anything about that except L Girl saying what her colleagues thought. But I also just think it's a stretch to imagine they would hide a continued relationship for so long, especially as people largely got over it or warmed up to it at this point. But I also doubt that H/C was ever more than maybe a hook-up blown out of proportion in the media that served great publicity purposes. There was so little to support the notion of an actual serious relationship when it was even happening, and so many people seem convinced it was faked all along for press/cover-up. Yet no one is hinting that they've heard they're still together.
- I thought we had established that either Nick and Harry are together or both are playing the field!
Harry simply doesn't have the time to be in a relationship with someone else. He spends most of his time with Nick or the Teasdales - yes he could be spending some nights elsewhere with a secret girlfriend but it's pretty ridiculous to assume they spend 0 time together in public and there's been no rumors of a girlfriend. Plus she would have had to put up with him running off with Swift? If that wasn't used in part as a sexuality cover up than I don't see a significant other being alright with that. They could have paired her with Niall instead.
So unless he's dating Sam Teasdale or Nick I think we can write Harry off as single.
- R481 A lot of Harry's tattoos might be meaningless but even the packers tattoo is because of a bet with his friend/for his friend, and a lot of his tattoos seem to be for family members, friends (like Ed), or with the boys, so I don't think it's unrealistic to imagine that if he was in a relationship he might get a tattoo for them as well, given that he doesn't put much thought into it and seems to act on impulse sometimes, clearly enjoys getting tattoos, and has a habit of getting them for the people in his life
Is the Greg interview anywhere online? I'd like to read his comments.
- Did we ever establish whether or not Sam Teasdale had a boyfriend? I thought that was the case - and the poster who vaguely knew her through acquaintances (was that N16? Sorry I don't remember) claimed that Sam definitely viewed Harry more like family, which is what I would have imagined as well, the Teasdales all seem like an extended family for him
- The Green Bay Packers tattoo has always amused me especially since he effectively went straight away and got it before the game (on which the bet was placed) had even been played. One wonders if their emblem hadn't been a G if that would have happened.
- i don't know who it could be. i suppose it could be caroline or someone he met after her. i just don't know how people can say he doesn't have the time. no one knows how much time he spends with lou or grimmy. he never seems to be spotted in primrose hill but he is always being spotted in dalston or stoke newington or hoxton. i think taylor might have been brought it cos people were saying he was gay because he is never seen with girls which would make sense if his gf was secret?
i mean, would that dan from r1 tweet grimmy telling him to get harry to stay away from jen L if he knew harry was really gay and with grimmy???
- This is a bit random but I was just thinking that if Nick does go to one of the Manchester dates those are concerts that Louis's girlfriend Eleanor will probably be going to (she's at Manchester uni), I wonder if they know each other or if they'd hang out like the general 1D fam/friends tend to at concerts... Just thinking how the larry shippers would probably have a field day with that... I also find it really amusing how she follows so many of his best friends on Instagram (pixie, henry, alexa, even caroline too)
- R487 - As far as I remember she is living with her boyfriend, N16 definitely did say that she regarded Harry as family and it wasn't that kind of friendship.
R486 - I flipped through Heat in a newsagent so I don't know; there doesn't seem to be anything on the Heat website though. (Having said that I presume Greg has some form of tumblr following so that might be the place to find it),
- R489 I think that tweet was obviously pretty jokey, it's not like Harry/Jennifer is being toted as an actual thing... The fact that anyone is running with it just because he tweeted about her at the academy awards (like a lot of other people!) is pretty ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if Dan was making fun of it
Thanks :) I'd checked tumblr already and nothing yet. I couldn't have a sneaky look at Heat in the shop because it was in a sealed bag. Hopefully someone will post it later!
- Off topic I know, but does anyone know the context of this tweet?
- just remembered that harry said he was moving didn't he? saw a tweet earlier about caroline moving into a girls building this morning, can't find it now and could be a cooincidence or it could mean he might actually be with her??? didn't she also move to the same part of london harry bought his last flat in lasy year??
- R487 and c yep it was me! I'm not actually sure if ST is seeing anyone right now, I don't think she is tbh as she tweets a fair bit about looking for a boyfriend and her friends tease her a bit about being single.
She 100% sees H as little bro or nephew type. Never going to happen there even if he's straight and single and up for it! ha
- R489, so to dispel rumours of him being gay they create a fake relationship with someone with a well-known beard "reputation"? I mean if he is actually gay then it makes sense, but if he isn't, surely there could have been better candidates. That is besides the point that hiding a real straight relationship with another one is bizarre to me.
I'm not sure, R494, but they had quite a few interesting/jokingly flirty tweets for a while.
Surely, the person would have mentioned Harry as well, R495 if that were the case.
As for the previous occasion, I've never seen an actual source for that.
- The Blind Gossip is about Harry and one other 'colleague' Louis - The girlfriend of Louis is a beard But I dont think L and H are together So H n N are now The contract for 1D would mean they have to abide by and retain image and in no shape or form do anything/say anything to jeopardise that image so H can't do what wants to do but he clearly is which management wouldnt be happy about and doing damage control by TS and any other bear they can think of to pap and send pics to press so fanbase still see the boys as eligible which is the image they want to portray to young fans
- N16 - Oddly the bit about her living with someone came from a different source; but it was a while ago, but from what you just said they are obviously not together anymore! I'm not surprised that she sees him that way though particularly given his familial relationship with her twin.
- R495 Harry already has a house and a flat i don't think he bought another place on top of that,he is occasionally using his house (because he's often spotted around Golders Green) and i think he bought the flat as an investement but maybe decided to use it after all,living alone in a flat must be easier than living alone in a big house.
- C she has lived with a bf before, he's in a lot of the pics of her that are floating around on the net, but I think they broke up a while ago. Never met him.
H and the Teasdales/Atkins is a very sweet story - he has definitely been absorbed into their family as a surrogate little bro I think. I get a feeling Lou looked out for him a bit on X Factor as he was so young and she felt clucky towards him!
Just quickly going back to the Beiber docu story, I listened this morning and just went back and checked, he doesn't use any pronoun at all, just 'friend'. His flat is a small one bed, he probably has a telly in his bedroom and prefers that? I watch tv in bed with my friends a lot, cosier that way!
- And so the PR continues; one wonders why no one else has seen that particular photograph on the internet!
- 497 - i don't think they would move in together at the same time if they are a secret?? and anyway hes in or off to dublin today isn't he?? i think she said on her twitter that she had moved to hoxton last summer and thats where the papers said harry brought his flat. the girl who tweeted said something about hoping to see harry so she will be looking out for him and tweeting if she sees him so we will know if he does move in!!!
- N16 - Actually having seen photographs of the flat from various instagrams, there doesn't seem to be a television in the living room, which makes sense as it seems pretty open-plan, so the one in the bedroom may actually be the only one.
- R500 highate property, nr Golders Green
- Re R502 - Have just realised they mean the set-up photograph from last spring in New Zealand (I think) and not anything more recent.
- It's all so awkward, C. She's digging herself into a hole, particularly because I read elsewhere that Harry's PR/handler said it was all "undeniably false" apparently.
- It is possible he is with Caroline, she hasn't been linked to anyone else, they have the same friends, perhaps Grimmy is doing her a favour covering up for them.
The Taylor business doesn't make any sense though. Why would she put up with that.
- R508 Grimmy wouldn't risk his career and become a joke to the public to cover up anyone,he loves his friends but i bet he loves himself and his career more.
Unless Harry and Flack have underground tunnels to each other houses or the ability to turn invisible i don't see how they could be together for over a year without anyone noticing.
- yeah but no one knows harrys address apart from the spaniards road one or carolines or lou's or any of his mates apart from grimmy. they could meet up at any of those places and nobody would know and we know harry can move around unoticed when he wants to cos he goes mia often???
- I don't like talking about TS but there's a quote from her new vanity fair interview.. ""The whole time she says she feels like he’s looking at every girl. [Then when they were in London, he] disappears one night and after that it was like he just didn’t want to keep going.""
Wonder where he disappeared to?
- yup c is right, he didn't mention any pronoun in relation to the friend. I think people are confused because he says "he.." with a pause but is talking about Justin Bieber.
- urrgghh!!! its all making sense. caroline moves out of her flat where the paps know her address the same time harry comes back from his tour. harry never moves into his house where the paps also know his address. they both end up east london. harry spends all his time in east london and with mutal mates of hers or at her best mates sister!!! neither are linked with anyone else apart from grimmy which is being so gossiped about by the press that they probably haven't even bothered looking in carolines direction. god i've just depressed myself now. we need more tweets about harry and grimmy!!!!
- Re: 511. Has she actually given this interview to Vanity Fair or are they just piecing a story together form sources. I thought she didn't speak about her relationships. Also when were they in London together? They arrived for The Capital Jingle Bell Ball and then left straight after for Machester I think for the XFactor Final. That was something else which made me think he was emabarassed by the whole T PR stunt. He kept her away from London and she was seemingly never brought into contact with N or any of the rest of the London crowd.They stayed up north for the few days she was here.
- From what i understand she didn't give an interview herself but someone from her management/PR team spoke on her behalf.
- Here's a radical thought - perhaps even though Harry and Nick are in a relationship (maybe of course), they don't spend every second of their free time together. When my boyfriend and I didn't live together, I saw him a couple times a week and we didn't alway stay over. IF Harry wasn't with Nick last night, maybe he had other people to catch up with as well. He's a popular lad. Or here is another radical thought, maybe they were together and Nick had more than one friend round to watch TV.
- He could have been with Caroline all along as r513 said, it does make sense. He spends all his spare time that we know of with mutual friends of them both. Nick likes the attention and boost to his career the association brings so doesn't mind the cover up.
Taylor might have thought he was interested but really for him it's just another way to hide the real relationship and he disappears one night to be with Caroline.
I won't be suprised at all if they are suddenly together after 1D is over.
- R514, I don't recall them being in London either. I assumed they meant post NY, though? I remember paps being on Harry like a hawk when she flew in and a rumoured reunion (which I saw on press agency sites), then Nick Tweeted the sofa pic people thought could be Harry, which perhaps created enough doubt that he wasn't at her hotel and the story never happened but VF didn't get the memo?
That whole article is a mess. Taylor, Vanity Fair, and Taylor's sanctioned source can't even decide how many people she has dated in the last three years (Taylor says two, her source says four, VF list six).
- Nick talked about doing his show from bed after the Brits because he wouldn't have to get up and a popstar would probably in their with him. Guaranteeing a popstar on the show or words to that effect.
Harry was the only person as far as we know at R1 next day who was a well known popstar. Did he not think about that when he was planning that? Surely even if he was joking, everyone would think he meant Harry anyway, even if Harry never turned up at R1 that morning, although of course he did.
- R519 that was a clearly a joke and i doubt anyone apart from people interested in the story remember Grimmy's words or take them seriously.
- I've obviously never been able to look at this objectively given my sources but I still can't ever see how people believe CF and H to still be together?! I know we don't see what they are up to 24/7 and all that, but the main thing I don't understand is that everyone knew about them originally. She got a lot of shit, but that would have died down once they had shown to pass the test of time surely?
The only way that could have played out ok for her would be to openly stay together? Otherwise she looks like an attention seeker who used early publicity to gain exposure, plus if it comes out later it'll look like H was ashamed of her, seeing as Liam, Louis and Zayn have public gfs. It also doesn't make sense as the other boys remain pretty private regarding their relationships and manage them as well as could be expected (obviously putting aside cheating scandals, break ups and Larry ha)
I know H gets the most attention but if he was dating someone and didn't want to talk about it, he could do just that.
- (519) - that was clearly a tongue in cheek joke about how popular he is with 'popstars', and that he could get one into bed. Sometimes I don't think people get Nick's humour, or indeed British humour very much.
Nick is suggestive, about a lot of things, and its meant to be taken as primarily a joke with a secondary possible meaning if you're lucky. Him being suggestive about Harry is meant to be taken as a joke and to 99% of the public who don't care one bit about Grimmy or Harry will take it that way. He suggestiveness is then aimed at the 1% he knows might look into a bit more, he uses tumblr, he see's on a daily basis the ideas fans have and he plays on it. and very much because I think he finds it hilarious. I know I would.
- yeah reckon you are right 517. caroline is trying to make a career in america so she has loads of reason to want it kept quiet. when you look at pictures of harry with caroline he really liked her unlike taylor. and didn't he wear a braclet of hers all throughout the tour or something???
- I don't think any of us (besides LG) care much if Caroline and H are going out, but the purpose of this thread is generally to discuss Nick and Nick/Harry. As all we can do is speculate on a a couple of parties they attended together for work and guessing where Harry is when he's MIA I suggest we leave it unless anything concrete shows up.
I'm not so invested in H/N that I would be crushed if they were not together and H was with Caroline but we have absolutely nothing to go on so it's a bit pointless. Agree with R516...some of the posters on here need a reality check (or to keep their OTT tinhat theories to their tumblrs)
- My post in R524 may have been a bit misleading. I meant Caroline when I was referring to the "parties and MIA" sentence.
- 518. They are no doubt worried that everyone has realised it was PR and are trying to re-affirm the story to mmake T the victim as was no doubt originally intended.It is possible they were meant to reconcile for PR purposes when she came to London post New Year but H saboutaged it by making sure his every movement was papped during that couple of days and of course radio 1 tweeting that he had been with N the night she arrived. I just think there now seems to be too much genuine acrimony now for it to have been intended to end the way it did.
- just sayin r524 its kinda all dropping into place for me... i think we might see harry and caroline come out after this tour??
- Is anyone else beginning to feel exhausted by this?
So, we have no idea what any tattoos mean, we only know what H tells us. He can choose to be honest or not. Our job (feels full time) is to analyse their talk, tweets, movements and behaviour to figure out what's going on.
So far, I am pretty confident in saying TF was a showmance (8.5/10)(but only slightly confident (7/10) this is because H is gay and pretty unsure if it's because he is with N (5.5/10)
I am pretty confident he is no longer with CF (8.5/10) but only slightly confident it was a showmance and not real (6.5/10)
I am fairly confident (9/10) that Nick isn't seeing anyone else so it's single or H
I am relatively confident (7.5/10) that the same is true of H regarding Nick.
I am a little confident H has experience with both genders (6/10) but unsure if he identifies as 100% gay (5/10)
I am 100% sure I am losing grip on reality.
My current research plan is to re-listen to audios, the only primary sources we have and see if I can gain anything from that.
After that, I will be checking into The Priory for treatment of OCD.
No idea why I care, except I loves a secret!
- The answer is normally the one staring at us right in the face and the only relationship staring us right in the face is H and N.
- haha - love your post JJ - we should all do the scoring thing!!!
Or that the simplest explanation is the real one - Harry and Caroline went out for a bit but split up and Harry happily went off to sow his wild oats on tour and Harry and Nick are just the best friends they present themselves as.
- So, Boy George seems to know Fran Cutler as well...another link to Nick.
- I agree, R529.
- That does not account for all the tweets etc... about them, R531 as well as, for me, what we have "observed".
- R527 I totally respect that and if they were to come out as a couple would
A) laugh my ass off and
B) not be that disappointed!
I love Caroline and would have no problem with that. I'm just saying that some of the reasoning is too reaching for my (and other posters) liking and that we should stick to NICK on this thread.
If solid evidence supporting H and Caroline turns up I'm sure we'd all be up for discussing it but there isn't any right now.
R528 JJ, you do make me chuckle...feeling the need to make my own fancy number ratings too :S
- JJ it isn't that exhausting really :) We love N and his show and it's all fun. We like H and think he's nice and that he might be dating N. Some of us, like c and I have been told it directly IRL too.
H had a fling with Flack, or he didn't, or he didn't end it and it's still happening.
TS was a beard or a PR exercise.
There you go! It doesn't matter how things turn out
- What about he is with Louis.
- ok 535, thats cool. point taken. i forget the thread is about nick with all the posts about 1D and larry!!!
- I know we aren't taking random tweets into account, but it amazes me when adult males tweet about the 2 of them being together or hooking up. They obviously aren't 1D fans and you wonder where they get their info from, whether its the papers or they really do have a source for the info
- 532. Yes I've said before on here that I think Boy Georges tweets are significant especially as it would appear he knows Aimee, Sadie Frost has tweeted him and he has now tweeted Fran, 3 of Ns best friends.
- For me to 100% believe that H/N or anyone else is in a relationship i'd like to have some sort of solid proof on the subject,a photo/video or them admitting the relationship,if not it's all theories until we know something for sure.
Judging on everything i've seen i think H/N are involved,casually or seriously.
All tweets that could be the result of the usual chinese whispers - based on an unusual friendship (age difference, Nick is gay etc) that people don't 'get' and so look for alternate explanations for. Much as we are doing. There are equally tweets about Harry and other girls. In the end, half the time we don't know who is tweeting and where they got their information. The elaborate conspiracy theories are getting a bit ridiculous now.
- CF has said her home is being decorated this week so perhaps she's staying elsewhere temporarily.
- Oh N16 - you are a voice of sanity amongst the madness. Of course you are right. It is that simple!
Honestly I was joking a little but it is tiring if you have the stupid habit of actually thinking ..."but what if those crazy tumblr girls (apologies to those on here) have spotted something else."
(And weirdly I have also had it confirmed with two of my mates working in press, at least that there is/was a phys relationship, and yet sometimes I still question it)
The real reason I'm relistening is that his show is great and I genuinely love what he does so it gives me another excuse.(I wasn't exactly what you'd call a Moyles fan)
The only place I differ from some of the posters is that whilst I do believe he is able to play a part on the radio and seperate from life, I think he does sometimes give stuff away, play with double meanings, drop hints etc about his real life and if they are together, then things like "the popstar in my bed" is absolutely a deliberate play on peoples ideas (probably to make his colleagues smile more than anything!)
And, if they are still together, then seriously they have the most loyal group of mates imaginable. Mates who cover for them, have stories written about them (eg pixie) ensure they don't post improper pics, cut faces out of pics, go on chat shows and answer for them. It really is extraordinary.
- probs meant her new home 543. she must have been moving furniture and loads of stuff for the girl who tweeted to think she was
'moving in' if she was just staying somewhere she would only need a suitcase at most.
- I disagree, R542, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.
- R542 Im with you on this, though I understand others reasoning. Twitter rumours spread virally and something like this very thread or Digital Spy or Daily Mail comments could be the source of much of them who are tweeting now. This is a gay gossip site and a lot of people work on the "where there is smoke there is fire" theory. Any tweets from unrelated sources past December 12 I think are probably not very likely to be primary.
- yeah 542. some of the tweets probably is probs based on the fact people don't understand their frienship but what about the tweets where people have seen them making out unless they aer all making it up. 1D fans would do this but would grown ups???
- Yeah, I'm not saying every single tweet is credible or significant but many are to me, at least from early on.
- True, r545. I'm confused, though. Didn't she buy a flat a year ago? So now she's moved somewhere else?
Also, what does everyone here think of reports that CF is in talks to go to X Factor US?
- 550 - she moved in july but dunno if she bought it? prob not if she is moving so fast. maybe it is the flat harry bought and it was always going to be a temporary move until he bought somewhere bigger. then when he did, the press found out the address so they never moved in. he has now found a new place like he said the other day so they are now both moving in??
- R551 you are tinhatting hard here.H and CF won't be moving in together if they are in a secret relationship.Also nothing indicates they ever lived together or that she was staying at Harry's or that Harry isn't using his house because the paps found out.
As for Harry and Nick i think it's a win/win situation; if they are dating it's cool,if they are just friends it's cool too because their relationship is just lovely and regardless of its nature they look happy and really isn't this the what matters?!
- Shall we all do a list.
Someone we have never heard of 2/10
I dont know why I care either, if we knew the truth I would lose interest.
- yeah i know i might be tin hatting but it also makes sense! and he was spotted driving a mini earlier today in north london. he does't have one of them but caroline does lol!!!
- R554 - Given that Harry is in Dublin, it's unlikely the girl actually did see him an hour ago in a mini in North London as she is saying she did. I think that may be a case of mis-identification!
- If you're referring to that twitter rumour R554 (don't think the girl was lying but could have just thought it was harry and it wasn't) you will have also seen the girl said "harry and a MAN in a mini" ...
- Harry's mom Anne has got an mini though and he's been borrowing it from her before so...
- And a vintage mini at that...doesn't Zayn have one or something?
- I'm looking at a recent tweet now. No idea who the person is or what he does. He's from London. An adult male saying to someone's tweet who's in Camden, most people know but keep it quiet its meant to be a secret.
- soz - didn't know they had a concert tonight!! i suppose it would be strange to move in together if you are secret but harry won't be around for the next few months so its not like anyone would see him there until the tour ends and i think they would come out then anyway. i suppose we will know then. anyways, sorry. forgot it's a nick thread!!!
- Do you have a link or name, R559?
- wanna link it 559?
- Accualy the person who said that has a link to a website in his bio that says "Providing Direct to Fan campaigns, on line stores and ticket management for the music industry." who's website clients include The Drums and Scissors.
Can't link direct to tweet but its about 2 hrs ago.
- Thanks, R563.
Here is the conversation:
- Thanks for the link! See, this is actually an example of why I do find it likely the rumors are true, the fact that so many people have the attitude that it isn't even news, everyone knows, etc, and that you have grown men with no interest in 1D commenting about it
- R563 - Well, he does say he is "Direct"....
There is also something rather strange going on with Twitter spam concerning Harry and Caroline and no doubt accounts for the strange influx of commentators today. I have attached the link to the search but all of the accounts seem to be fake; they are all following over a hundred accounts and yet all have next to no followers. Very strange.
- Is Nick going to a football game or just watching it on the telly? I can't imagine him driving all the way to Manchester for a game!
- That's really bizarre, C! Bored people/person I'm guessing.
- c - What on earth is going on? That is bizarre!
- R567 - Watching it on television. A highly relevant tweet from LMC attached....
- C i wouldn't be surprised if these troll accounts read this thread!
- looks like a hack to me LOL
- R571 - Well, yes, it's one thing LG being convinced that there is something going on between Harry and Caroline; we know her little issue with that, but when two other posters join in then something very odd is happening!!!
R563 - I didn't see your comments about The Drums and Scissor Sisters the first time, wow, that is close to home isn't it? Don't any of these people know about twitter search?!?
- C, I've seen that sort of twitter spam & nonsense before (unrelated to H or C) and I'm not sure what its purpose is. Very strange.
- hahah C - soz, didn't mean to sound that bad!! - got carried away thinking i had worked it all out after the tweet from the girl bout moving and all those other tweets about world war three!! Will shut up about caroline now!!!
- Yeah, C. Either they don't care or really don't think anybody would search, which is odd.
- C- He has other clients in the music industry too and he tweets a lot about music, but makes it look like he could well know the situation
- Ed Sheeran has made some comments that hint H is in a relationship. He would know as they are friends.
Who with though, I hope it is Nick but have a feeling it's CF.
- R577 - Yes, his answer was too comically affirmative for him not to.
R576 - I think, to be honest, it doesn't occur to most people using twitter that their tweets will be noticed beyond their actual followers or anyone who they are directly tweeting. Unless they have reason to use the search facility I doubt they are really aware of it.
R575 - No need to apologize!
- From a straight gay-friendly person perspective:
"When I was younger I liked to play "is she / isn´t she gay" thing. I was all for gay rights, dressed in a non-feminine way, had preferred boys for friendship, pretending messing up with other girls... It was nineties, so it was a dare that time. i didn´t mind what people thought, I liked boys guessing...I had friendship with rumoured bi-girls and felt all hype...Until a friend invited me to sleep at her house and tried to cuddle with me when we´re in bed.
In few weeks I got a boyfriend and started to wear make up.
What I want show with this? Gay-friendly hetteros can hang up with gays / bi and like all the hype surrounding it, but he´´l get away if non-heteros try some affection.
I doubt this H. boy would go on sleeping with N. if he was straight. We know in the end of the day it´s all about sex, if you get me.
- Harry licking Zayn's ear, for everyone who likes the idea of these two theoretically like me, haha:
- R580 no I don't
Like all things sex oriented that is one indivudal perspective. I have friends who identify as straight, queer, bi, gay of both genders. All had different experiences in their youth. Some knew, some didnt, some were comfortable with themselves and others and some weren't. Even as adults some of them have changed the way they identify from straight to gay to bi or in reverse or even flitting between. Some dabbled early on, some didn't. And some, some were in denial and sleeping with both genders for years (and still are) or refusing to acknowledge their sexual preferences
Everyone really is different.
- Were you really that gay friendly if a cuddle made you jump to the conclusion you're friend was up for it? Or were you using cuddle to suggest more? Either way, doesn't sound that friendly if one come on made you flip to being "feminine". Obviously it's your experience and I don't know you, but personally that seems an extreme reaction.
- Any mention of Louis everyone sticks their fingers in their ears and sings lalala.
Your just as bad as Larry people. I would love them to be together just to piss you all off.
- 578 - what did ed sheeran say to make you think that he is with CF? 584 - i don't dislike the the idea of larry but i don't like larry fans - no offense.
- [R583] well, maybe you misundertood because english is not my native language. i´m not from usa, nor europe. nor oceania. Yeah, she tried it (sex) and I felt it was not for me, sorry. I remained her friend this didn´t stop me but no more sleepovers in her bed.
I was just a teen anyway.
well, let´s back to h/n
- Well the info I have is that Louis isn't gay. Sorry.
- R587 me too - none of my gay male mates can believe it.
- That is so funny, a celeb and part time dj that is so try hard hip doesn't even know who Cat Power is, well figures I guess.
Nick is like a hipster version of Kim Kardashian.
- R584 The thing with "larry" is that it's a pseudo-rumor started by horny fangirls, as blunt as it sounds. They saw they were close, Harry and Louis (like all the other boys) played up the fanservice, but since they were living together and referred to each other as best friends, shippers made a big deal out of it. Come on, they're both attractive guys, they look cute together, young girls reaching puberty saw the idea as sexually arousing. Which is understandable. But that's it. It's a "ship" that started inside the fandom and has stayed there except for the more aggressive girls who send hate to Louis' and Harry's families and partners. The only people who insist on "larry" are the fans. I really don't count blind items as "evidence" because frankly most of the blinds regarding 1D sound like they come from the fans themselves. The "larry" story seems quite self-referent. Sort of like a vicious circle of rumors and fantasy. I'm not saying there's no chance of something ever happening between them, but I do believe those rumors don't have a lot of credibility.
On the other hand Nick and Harry rumors started with people outside the fandom. Journalists, media people, random adults who supposedly have seen them making out (and more, according to some stories). The fandom only caught up with that a couple of months ago, when the actual "shipping" began and fans started tracking their movements and paying extra attention to actual interactions, mentions of each other, and a large amount of time spent together. As opposed to slowed down gifs of two people making "heart eyes" at each other or looking like "soulmates", like fans tend to do when it comes to Harry and Louis.
- Speaking of Louis, he really is a sexy son of a bitch! Min. 0:20
- Good summary R590. Damn those horny fangirls(and boys) and the trouble they've caused, lol.
To be honest, Harry's whole body language points to Louis. And it always has. You don't need Larry shippers to tell you that. I think a lot of people in this thread fear they are more than friends, but they just don't want to think about it. Nick is their example of 'not so pretty boy is dating hottest popstar in the world'. Louis is an example of 'pretty boy is dating popstar'. Something about projecting.
From what I've seen, Louis isn't interested in women. At all. But that's just me. I think Harry is more interested in women than Louis is.
Have a nice video of the boys at G-A-Y, September 2011.
- R593, I love that video and I've always enjoyed the way Harry is around Louis (and also how he is with Niall),
In general though I'm not sure it's fair to say 'Harry has more chemistry with Louis, look at his body language in all these videos' because we've only literally seen Nick and Harry together interacting a couple of times (when Nick has interviewed the entire band and the last show web cam). We've no idea what their body language would be like if, say, they were sitting on a sofa being interviewed together as L and H have been so I'm not sure how you can compare.
- R594 True. The only time I remember actually seeing Harry and Nick interact other than (really cute) pictures is the iTunes interview. And that left me thinking those two had really good chemistry. Harry spent the whole interview grinning at Nick with his massive dimples and being his flirty self.
- I never compared it with each other.
Harry and Nick is amazing. Great chemistry.
Harry and Louis is amazing. Great chemistry.
The only difference is that I think there is a big chance Harry is dating Louis. Or at least sleeping with him.
But there is also a chance he is dating Nick. Just because there are so rumours. Not because I can see it, no.
- Maybe Harry and Louis are both gay, but doesn't mean they are together. They don't seem intimate with each other, in fact what I noticed from this tour is that they are the least affectionate, almost like they cannot stand to touch each other. With the other boys they don't seem to have the same reluctance.
- The other difference between the likelihood of Harry dating Nick vs Harry dating Louis is that Louis has a girlfriend he's been dating for a year and a half. Taylor Swift is how you do a PR stunt girlfriend, or stories about multiple flings that don't need to check out, aka the press coverage of Harry. Dating some random non-famous girl for that long, who is obviously close with his family, is not how you do a fake girlfriend, and the idea of it being set up by "management" is ridiculous. That would never be a viable PR strategy.
But there is really no need to have the same Harry/Louis discussion for the millionith time, especially on a thread dedicated to Nick. We get it. They're close and tactile. They aren't as tactile lately. Probably just being careful in public to avoid the girlfriend getting hate. Probably still perfectly good friends. Probably not dating. There we go.
- Well I don't see what people are talking about when they say Harry and Louis have "great" sexual chemistry (good chemistry, yes, but as a pairing I don't see it), so I guess it's about perspective.
- R97 I think that's only because the "shippers" overreact to everything they do together. They just look at each other and immediately the Larry shippers have a "larry moment" and use that as "proof". And I suspect that's not what bothers Louis, I think what really pisses him off is the fact that the fangirls use that to attack his family and girlfriend calling her a beard and a fake and a lot of terrible things. His family also suffers, I've seen fans calling out his mom for supposedly "covering" his son's real relalationship. I doubt H and L have actually fallen out, they just want to keep the fangirls a bit more quiet than on the last tour.
- Also don't think Louis is gay, but again maybe that's only my own reading of him.