- Hands down, it's Rhoda Morgenstern.
- James Evans, dammit.
And not for the laughs, either.
- Bill McNeil, forever.
- Niles Crane
- Dr. Johnny Fever.
"Les? Les? Les, are you there? Les isn't there. Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of you who've just tuned in, the Pinedale Shopping Mall has just been bombed with live turkeys. Film at eleven."
- David Puddy or Mr. Pitt on Seinfeld.
- Morticia Addams, as played by Carolyn Jones.
- Possibly Buster Bluth
- Mary Tyler Moore
- Delta Burke as Suzanne Sugarbaker.
She was the funniest damn sitcom character ever.
- Phoebe Buffay
- Ron Swanson on Parks and Recreation.
- Karen Delaney St. Croix Popeil Walker
- Peggy Bundy?
- Will & Grace's "Karen Walker."
- r15 Peggy Wanker, don't forget to thank her..
- Holland Taylor on "The Powers That Be."
- Ann Wedgeworth in "Filthy Rich."
- Sheldon Cooper
- "Karen Walker"
- Hyacinth Bucket or Mrs Slocum.
- Edwina Margaret Rose Monsoon
- Dorothy Zbornak.
- David Brent
- Merry Cherry - so underused.
- Mr Furley
- Iola Lucille Boyland!
- Stephanie Vanderkellen
- Patty and Cathy Lane. As time they really seemed like the same girl :-)
- Lovey and Thurston Howell III
- Eva Gabor as "Lisa" on Green Acres.
- *at *times
- Rose Marie as Sally on The Dick Van Dyke Show.
- Why do we have to sit so close to the kitchen?
Is it because we're black?
- Another vote for Dr. Johnny Fever. Hirsch was also hilarious in his few moments.
- Lucy , Rhoda, Ethel and Mary R
- Patsy Stone, obvs.
- Aunt Clara
- Felix Unger
- Oh yea Felix Unger was a scream.
- Rose Nyland. I'm stuck in a deadly vortex of re-runs and I can't get out.
- Chandler Bing. Don't judge.
- If animation can count, Daria Morgendorfer.
- I'm with R1. Rhoda.
- Esther Anderson, suckas!
- was Flipper a sitcom? If so, I'll say Sandy. He probably coaxed more cum out of my dick than any other TV character.
- The entire cast of Golden Girls or Eddie Haskell
- Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
- Jenna Maroney
- Kitty Montgomery
Rhoda - but only on her MTM run, not her spinoff.
- Jackie Harris
- I forgot Arthur Spooner.
- Endora and also Samantha
- Ahem, bitches!
- JR Ewing owns this thread!
- How could JR Ewing "own this thread" when he wasn't even on a sitcom?
- Lucille Bluth
- Oh yeah, r58, how could I forget? Add Gob to that.
- Mary Jane from The Lucy Show. She was very funny.
- Florence from the Jeffersons
and the Sondra character that Jackee played
- Nell Carter
- Rhoda Morgenstern and any character played by Julia Davis
- Uncle Arthur!
- Another vote for Rhoda.
- Are you fucking kidding me? Four pages and not one vote for "Maude?"
- Homer Simpson
- Uncle Leo on Seinfeld.
- impossible to choose just one
5. Alex Keaton
6. Karen Walker
7. Jack Tripper
and having met Ed Asner I have to add:
8. Mr. Grant
The part of Lou Grant that was lovable was no act. Asner's a sweetheart.
- Edith Bunker
- Basil Fawlty.
The Rev. Jim ("Taxi")
Joan ("I Married Joan")
The Crane Brothers ("Frasier")
- it's time to EIGHTY-SIX this thread. The cone of silence is deafening.
- Jerry Mathers as the Beaver
- Blanche Elizabeth Devereaux
Blanche Elizabeth Devereaux
- A tie between Jessica Tate (Soap), Chrissy Snow (Three's Company) and Endora (Bewitched).
- Karen Walker!
- Another vote for Lovey Thurston-Howell
- Flo from ALICE!
- Flying bedwarmer, "Bewitched."
- Bewitched's Samantha Stevens
- A toss up between Larry David and Sanford.
- Thanks a lot for the love, bitches!
- Endora from Bewitched
- Daisy "Granny" Moses from The Beverly Hillbillies.
Granny (after consuming and testing her alcohol based medication for "Granny's Complaint"): I'm even seeing twice as good as I ever did before.
Jed: Twice as far?
Granny: Twice as many. They's two of everything!
- Julia Sugarbaker on "Designing Women." I used to love it when she would verbally go off on somebody.
- You rang?
Talk to the hand
- Gosh, so many to choose from.
Fran Fine, Rose, Blanche, Sophia, Dorothy, Patsy Stone, Eddie Monsoon, Eddie's mother (just the one, dear?).
- I would've thought there would be a lot of votes for Margaret Drysdale.
- Granny Clampett
If anyone were to ever to play that character again, they only be doing a pale imitation of Irene Ryan
- Jan Brady
- Liz Lemon
- Also Mark Corrigan
- Maynard G. Krebs
- Frasier Crane
- Carla Tortelli
- The best: Frasier Crane
My favorites: Niles Crane, Charlie Sheen in Spin City, Sam Malone, Mr Burns (but his voice might be a creepster)
- Hmm...I can't pick one: Frasier Crane, Maude, Alex Keaton, Sam and Diane.
- Like many on here, Karen Walker came instantly to mind. But I also love Jackie from Roseanne. I tend to like the secondary leads.
- Iola Boyland, Karen Walker, or Jackie Harris. Can't decide.
- I always loved it when Uncle Arthur would pop in for a cocktail.
- Gracie Allen as Gracie Allen
- Reverend Jim from Taxi
- Karen Walker, Niles Crane, Diane Chambers, Elaine Benes, Phoebe Buffay.
I cannot choose.
- Wow, 100+ posts and none of you bitches mentions Susie from Curb Your Enthusiasm
Car Wash Cunt
The world's most famous Jewish Guido
- Mary Hartman
- In honor of today's news: Rhoda Morgenstern!!
- I love the "old Christine" character. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is so damn funny. After un-funny Elaine on "Seinfeld" it was great to see how she really knocked it out of the ballpark with Christine.
- I agree about the "Old Christine " character. I think Julia is hilarious in this role. I watch reruns every night and always laugh out loud.
- Lucy Ricardo
Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern
- Moss, from The Days and Nights of Mollie Dodd.
- Karen Walker and Niles Crane
- Diane Chambers
- Archie Bunker
- Mary Tyler Moore as Mary Richards on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
The best ever.
- It's a tie: Thalia Menninger, Eddie Haskell, Felix Unger, Stephanie Vanderkeller, Lilith Sternin-Crane, Diane Chambers.
- 119 replies and no mention of me?
Sue Ann Nivens, the Happy Homemaker?
- So many of those already named....so I will add Jane Hathaway - secretary to Milburn Drysdale at the Commerce Bank of Beverly Hills?
Would you like to see you bedroom suite?
- Gracie allen
- It's a tie between Mrs. Gurney on "Mister Peepers" and Aunt Clara on "Bewitched." Both flustered characters were played by Marion Lorne.
- Bill Kirchenbauer
- Lucy ands down. Archie Buner, Mary Richards..
- Archie and Edith Bunker
- Mr. Noblick from Strangers With Candy. (Steve Colbert's character).
Roger from American Dad.
- Ralph Malph
- Karen Walker or Barney Fife
- Jack Tripper
Karen and Jack
- Karen walker or Susie Greene... "Larry David you 4eyed f**k! Bring me the f'ing doll head!!"
- Patsy Stone
Darlene from Roseanne
Blanche Devereaux/Dorothy Zbornak
Sue Ann Nivens
- I'm with you, R123. Anyone who liked Marion Lorne on BEWITCHED would do well to seek out MISTER PEEPERS in which she co-starred with Wally Cox and Tony Randall. She became famous in the USA through this early series which aired live. Dozens of its surviving kinescopes are available on home video.
Her career as a Shakespearean actress in Canada served her well in her role as Mrs. Gurney, the English teacher. She would sometimes recite poems or dramatic monologues starting out in beautifully cultivated English speech. Then of course she would break out dithering.
Lorne was already nearing seventy when she played Mrs. Gurney. She played Aunt Clara on BEWITCHED well into her eighties. She worked right up until the end of her life. Shortly after her death in 1968 she won a competitive Emmy Award posthumously. Dear Marion collected doorknobs. Some of her personal prize doorknobs appeared on both series.
- Murray Hewitt (Rhys Darby) of Flight of the Conchords.
Surrealist, sublime humor, exquisitely delivered.
- More Murray
...Band Investment Portfolio: Intergalactic Real Estate.
- Mrs. Poole (Edie McClurg) on "Valerie/The Hogan Family"
- Al Bundy.
- My favorite would have to be this kid, Jamie, the brother from Small Wonder. Brilliant comedy timing. Perfect foil. Now THAT's acting!
- I'm going to go with Bernice from Designing Women, because she was my favorite from that show, edging out the equally brilliant Suzanne, and I think she's underrated. Also for Alice's work on Bewitched.
The quality of the writing went way down on the last few season of DW. They got lazy, but they also decided to make Bernice even crazier, her character went way over the top and got even funnier. Alice carried more than a few DW episodes, getting the biggest laughs.
- Nobody squeals like Ned Beatty!
- Edith Bunker. RIP Jean Stapleton
- Basil Fawlty. Anyone who has worked in the hospitality/restaurant industry knows where Basil came from.