- They aren't as much fun as they used to be when they had beautiful bodies but looked more real. Now they're overpumped and look plastic. And most revues have gone from fun time sof men taking their clothes off to ridiculously choreographed numbers with less audience interaction.
- I went to one male strip club. The performers were twinky skinny and horse hung. One guy used a penis pump on his dick as part of his show.
It was more sad than anything. The dancers were so desperate.
- I love a good lap dance on a friday night
- Austin used to have an amazing male stripper scene.
Now you can't find one to save your life.
I don't get it.
- Strip clubs don't ever cover their costs to stay open.
- R5 why?
What is the problem?
The ugly men they hire?
- I can't STAND the buff, Fabio-type guys. Ones who are good looking, but somehow believable as a person you might actually run across in real life are very hot. Also, I prefer thongs to full frontal, no problem!
- La Bare (strippers for women) in Houston has been open forever. What's it's secret?
It never has a gay night?
- Columbus Ohio used to have an amazing stripper scene. Not so much any more.
Why have male-stripper scenes collapsed so much??
- Where have all the strippers gone?
- Maybe because the male stripper thing was more of a fad than female strippers? Women prob tip less, drink less... it had a run but really it's no longer new or liberating. The big cities have them but even then, some don't even bare their asses anymore.
- I love Montreal.
- R11, what the fuck do women have to do with anything??
Do you have any clue where you are?
- R13, I am R11 and also OP.
Most of the media in the 80s made it seem male strippers were a women-only fad. Many of the male strip clubs like Chippendales, Times Square Hunks, La Bare were made "for women." Those remain but the smaller clubs don't. Gay clubs are different because they feature all sorts of shit and strippers. And the media never talked about that, making it look solely like a women's thing.
- Does La Bare in Texas ever have a gay night? I can't imagine it being a successs anymore as a 7 night a week place.
- [quote]Most of the media in the 80s made it seem male strippers were a women-only fad.
True, and it was a big lie. Just like Playgirl used to claim it was a magazine for women, then they finally admitted that 75% of their readers were gay men.
- The rise of the public visibility of male strippers in the 80s was correspondent with the unacknowledged mainstreaming of the gay aesthetic into consumer culture (see the Calvin Klein ad campaign which changed the world, GIS "Tom Hintnaus Calvin Klein"). Male stripping "culture", while not necessarily inherently gay, shares many of the same tropes, particularly a self-conscious subversion of traditional depiction of masculinity (the fireman, the naval officer, the construction worker, the cowboy). Note how the cast of "Magic Mike" pretty much look like The Village People on the official movie poster. The gay pornography of the 80s and 90s essentially mirrored the trends of male stripping; "themed" movies about men in hypermasculine settings having sex (I wish I could find it, but someone on a blog pointed out how the "Magic Mike" still of Matt Bomer shirtless in the navy costume almost exactly replicated the cover of a gay porn film from the 80s).
Anyhoo, what changed after the mid-90s was the increasingly public awareness and acknowledgement of gay imagery and gay culture. The male stripping troupe of buff men half-dressed as cops or marines became indistinguishable from a float in a gay pride parade, which were now widely covered in the news. Consequentially, not only did male stripping troupes fade from view (Chippendales was moribund until they were resurrected in Las Vegas, and Playgirl collapsed), but beefcake imagery in mainstream AND gay media changed to glorify (and subvert) preppy and jock culture (see the rise of Abercrombie & Fitch and Sean Cody).
While male stripping survived, male strippers are almost completely different-looking from the way they looked a generation ago: they are hugely muscular and rougher looking (go look at the Chippendales website). The cheekiness of the stripping that was seen in "Magic Mike" is gone; male stripping is more about dancing well without your clothes than it is about taking off your clothes. Male stripping for women (outside of Chippendales) is also very sexually aggressive - something "Magic Mike" really didn't explore (well, it did, but it was edited out. Joe Manganiello's statue routine was spot-on. Rodriguez's and Bomer's respective Navy and Ken Doll dances were too polite.)
- What about those Adonis parties held every Wednesday and Friday nights in NY?
- R17, A USC athelete, Tom Hintnaus was jogging when approached by Calvin Klein. I was introduced by a fellow pole vaulter. In fab shape, he looked far better in the ads than in person. He was very shy and even looked uncomfortable when asked to sign the many posters.
OP, Vegas has several male strip revues. There's even a reality show based on a new troop. The vast majority of dancers are at least bi, if not gay, with the exception of Sapphire. There on request they perform sexual acts in the back of the room, behind a curtain, for tips. To me Vegas strippers resemble the bodies of male pro-divers. They perform themed dance routines; more about seduction and fantasy then nudity. OP needs to go to the very private after hours parties where the dancers all make the big money, and the clientele is mostly male.
- Males, both gay and straight, have more of a pack mentality than females. It shouldn't be a wonder then that gay men, being a small population, would move on to different modes of entertainment and leave many male strip clubs to close. I've noticed the decline of interest in male strippers among gay men since 2001. I think a lot of gay men are looking for boy next door types; guys who are not overdone and don't have fake names.
- Love to have them
- Thanks, R20!
- R20... any details? Like the names of places to go, times and days, etc?
- Too many male strippers today are sleazy, scrawny, druggy, or just plain girly/feminine. I want to see athletic college jock type dudes that look like all-American dudes next-door of all races. There are too many male strippers that look like they moonlight for Treasure Island or Raging Stallion studios, and not enough that look like they also work for Fratmen or AllAmericanGuys.
- Love the trip down memory lane w/the reference to Donahue and male strippers.... Anyone remember his shows on transsexuals?
Big Donahue fan when I was a kid..
- It's sad that I remember when this originally aired. I was probably 10 or 11 and knew that this was... not what boys should be looking forward to.
Stripper is Darren Fox, who also posed for Playgirl. Definitely one of the hottest Chippendales ever.
- Gay bars used to have hot strip shows all the time.
Why have most of them vanished?
You'd think with the economy down and student loan debt so high, there'd be a huge pool of willing guys to strip for money.
Or is it that the advent of cell phone cameras everywhere has too many people deciding they don't want to be on the internet nearly naked for the rest of their lives?
- The tatts are gross.
- Gosh OP, I don't know what you could do to satisfy your longings to see naked muscular men, now that those shows are off the air. I mean, it's like there's free porn all over the internet or anything.
- R30, there's a difference. I actually find the barely clothed sexier than the full nude.
Plus, still photographs or shaky videos shot in a club don't do much.
- The appeal of male stripping is watching a man being very conscious of his body's appeal and expressing it through movement and dance. There's almost a primitive aspect to it.
The failure of "Magic Mike" is that Soderprude et al. essentially looked down upon this. The difference between "Magic Mike" and the movie Soderbergh was aiming to make, "Saturday Night Fever", is that the latter found beauty and empowerment in its dancing, while the former saw only narcissism and degradation. That's why so many people are turned off by the movie. The NY Times said "Magic Mike" was a movie about "unsexiness."
Here's some good dancing from LaBare:
- r32, the movie was a smash "sleeper" hit at the box office. It did beyond expectations. r32, Magic Mike maximized it box office potential by not doing what you wanted it to do, and instead, making a more attuned to the sensibilities of the masses. It paid off, and there will be a sequel.
- It still doesn't mean it was all that sexy, R33. I think much of the box office came from people curious about it. A sequel would not do as well.
- R24, Most of the male stripper acts have changed over the years. They now market for the batchelorette party crowd or conservative and less attractive, older women who want to be titillated and flattered. The whole focus is on fantasy fulfillment, with minimal nudity, from the boy next door looking former athletes.
Sapphire, the high class strip club on Industrial, off the strip, where men can watch if they're escorted by females, is much more overtly sexual. Here the dancers actually come out to individual audience members and perform for tips, like Chippendales used to do. Like Olympic Gardens, there are separate rooms for the male and female strippers. Curtained off areas in back are reserved for those who will pay for more attention. Sapphire told me that it's up to the dancer what he will do and for whom.
I've never been to the private all male parties, that hire the "straight" dancers from the shows after hours. Being curious I "interviewed" a few after meeting them at a commercial audition. One said he specialized in live sex shows. I've also seen ads for all of the above on Vegas Craigslist, mixed up with the non-nudity and straight acting gigs.
If you have any specific questions I would be happy to oblige.
- Somehow "high class" and "performing sex shows behind a curtain" are an oxymoron.
A) learn what "sleeper" means
B) The movie's performance was heavily frontloaded ($40 million opening but only $113 domestic) and was packaged as a "fun, sexy time" for women in the 25+ quadrant who were typically ignored in the summer. Women went expecting a good time and celebrities stripping, but were disappointed by the bleak story, barebones dance scenes and yes, the "unsexiness". Read the reviews on IMDB, where it only has a 6.1 rating, or at Amazon.
If a sequel is made it will probably not do as well because the novelty has worn off; and it would also be significantly more expensive as the stars can now insist on seven-figure fixed compensation salaries in order to participate. The first movie was made for $7 million because everyone worked for near-scale; a sequel would probably cost $30-$40 million.
- R36, Sapphires has a state of the art sound system, lighting, and production. That's why I called it a higher class operation. Yes it's still a strip club and not a showroom in a casino. Like at the seedier strip clubs, where girls perform completely nude or just topless, almost anything can be had for the right price in a private area. The real sex shows however are at private parties.
- Does Sapphire only cater to women?
Why Magic Mike Is the Liberal, Brain-Washing Sleeper Hit of the Summer
BY Chris Vondracek
Buying a ticket as a single man for a film where everyone knows the theme is male exotic dancers and plenty of armadillo-in-your-trousers jokes in a town that thinks a blue scarf is the universally-recognized symbol for “I prefer men” is not as bad as you think.
Because even the regularly dazed-over attendants who work at the theatre know something is different about Stephen Soderbergh’s Magic Mike.
- How many porn stars started out as Chippendale's type strippers? I seem to remember 80's/90's era performer Brian Adams started out as a stripper for women.
- "here was no bigger sleeper this year than Magic Mike, the crowd-pleasing dramedy about male strippers. The film massively outperformed industry expectations and exposed the existence of important new demographics for studios to cater to: women and gay men. In other words, Obama’s base."--Reelchange
- "“Magic Mike” was one of last year’s greatest sleeper hits, racking up $114 million and reviews whose tone was consistently one of very pleasant surprise."-Yahoo Movietalk
- I saw Magic Mike, encouraged by the hype. Don't forget many don't have the opportunity to see actual male stripper shows and are very curious. Also comedies don't have to be all that good to make money; just frau friendly and have a reasonably happy ending. I just wish I could have helped make the movie closer to the actual experience of seeing and encountering real male dancers.
- A) why are you posting reviews from right-wing critics?
B) "Magic Mike" was a reactionary film, not a progressive one.
C) A "sleeper hit" is a movie that accumulates its gross over a long period of time, usually without the benefit of an expensive, high-profile opening weekend push, NONE of which applies to Magic Mike. For example, "Silver Linings Playbook", which has made the same amount of money as "Magic Mike", was able to gross over $1 million at the box office over 15 consecutive weekends, but "Magic Mike" feel beneath the $1 million mark after 6 weekends.
- R39, Sapphires allows solo women or partnered to watch the female strippers in the adjoining room. A couple, or a group of men with an accompanying female, would be welcome to watch the male dancers. Sapphires is not as concerned as Chippendales, or the Australian, Thunder From Down Under, about offending more conservative females who may not want males in the audience. Again the dancers show far more skin as the show is overtly sexual. "Magic Mike" should have included a scene where a female volunteer goes on stage, is handcuffed and restrained. The dancer, wearing almost nothing, demonstrates his athleticism in various sexual positions with plenty of body contact.
- R41, Chippendales Kevin Kirchen and Charles Dera both went into straight porn. Dera is awesome.
R46 A scene like that was filmed with Matt Bomer on the hospital gurney, but most of it ended up on the cutting room floor and wasn't included in the DVD extras (hopefully there will be another edition).
In addition to the stripping scenes, a good deal of "Magic Mike" ended up on the cutting room floor, including scenes with Queer as Folk's Michelle Clunie, Bridesmaid's Wendi Mclendon-Covey and allegedly a cameo by Demi Moore.
- I heard that with the gay parties more folks are choosing sketch comedy rather than a stripper.
- R47, Why were those scenes cut from Magic Mike? I think the movie felt like a hodge-podge anyway.
- R47 Any gay porn stars start out as "mainstream" strippers?
- R49 I don't know. If you read the screenplay that is available online, you can see that the extra scenes give the film a better narrative.
R50 I don't know of any Chippendales who went into gay porn.
- What company did Brian Adams strip for? I remember when he was on Phil Donahue Phil asked him why he went into gay porn and he said something like it was because he was tired of women pawing at him, almost like he was trying to say women being obnoxious and handsy was what turned him to men.
- R52, I remember that as well. God, that was years ago. But the weird thing was that he was so obviously gay. I can't see a few women clawing at him changing his orientation.
- Speaking of Brian Adams, is he still alive? I've never seen his name on any of those dead porn star sites but he kind of just disappeared.
- I found it!
On the right is John Rocklin in the Catalina classic "Big Guns."
- I miss hot go-go boys that let you play with their dicks.
- Shouldn't that be "Precious, from the novel 'Push' by Sapphire's?"
- One review of Magic Mike on Aamzon has a woman saying the men's asses were far too "jiggly" and they should have done lunges before filming.
- R58, There are those that sadly love to put down others, especially if they are lacking in physical attractiveness. (See some bitter&angry posters on DL threads) So one woman on Amazon is a complete meanie? Well what does her behind look like?
- Sheesh, Matt Bomer at R59, it's okay. We love your ass.
- R60, No I'm female and have strangers complimenting me on my toned, firm, behind. I still don't like hearing put-downs of anyone. "I will not criticize a man until I have walked a mile in his shoes."
- Johnny's and Boardwalk Bar in Ft. Lauderdale are still all male action!!
- I see the concerned frau has arrived @R59/61.
Only fawning praise of everyone will be allowed from now on guys.
- R63 bar dancers and strippers are two different things.
- Not really, R65.
- Strippers are performers. Bar dancers and gogo boys are scenery.
- Whatever. They're all the same in my book, and I think most people would agree.
- Not the strippers.
It's like calling a Puerto Rican a Cuban. Watch your ass if you do!
- Oh please. They're all scenery, and they're all molestable for tips. There's no difference at all.
- Why are gogo boys not strippers?
- Guess what darlins?
- R71 there is no art to wiggling your junk on a bar top in a skimpy outfit. A stripper dances and strips...more like old burlesque with a gimmick and some choregraphy.
- In that case, R73, nobody cares about strippers any more, and haven't for a decade.
- Uh, Magic Mike made $113 million last year, so I think alot of people would disagree with you.
- R64, I see that the most hateful "human" on DL has arrived to spew his venom? Are you ever even semi-sober?
- R75, I think you assume too much from that.
- This is what a hot stripper looks like
- R78 a stripper starts with clothing. That is a wiggle dancer, it has muscles but is devoid of sexiness.
- I strongly disagree, r80
- R79, looks like a stripper to me
- Where have all the male strippers, go-go boys, and bar dancers gone? Long time passing...
- Hot Chocolate
- any stripper Tumblrs?
- The best North American strippers perform at Stock Bar in Montreal, Quebec. They go ALL THE WAY - - even with erections and you can watch them on their web jacking off before they perform on stage. Check the web NUDE MALE DANCERS or STOCK BAR if interested. Current best dancer is BEN.
- R87 they are mostly shaved, totally unerotic.
- There is also "Campus" and a couple of other all-nude male strip bars in Montreal.
- Going to all-nude "Swinging Richards" in Ft Lauderdale next month! SO EXCITED!!
- Hopefully you'll calm down enough to get good directions. It's in Miami near the Aventura Mall.
- I thought it was in St Augustine?
- Why the fuck would you think it would be in St. Augustine?
Would you find a nude male strip club in Williamsburg, VA?
- They bill themselves as being in Ft Lauderale. I know full well it's really basically "north miami", as it's pretty far south.
- I remember when Geraldo had a stripper on his show called the "Cunt Smasher."
Those were the good ol' days.
- R95 just wanted someone else to search for the video and post a link. And I fell for it.
- It appears the Cunt Smasher titles were added to the video after it aired.
- This thread needs more pics.
- Yes it does. And more stories.
I miss the halcyon days of male strippers and go-go boys in Austin. Now there's nothing.
Even DC, which used to have many naked-boy bars, is all but devoide of decent strippers any more.
- Male strippers in the UK seem a lot more hot and naked than most you'll see in the US:
- I'd totally go to a show like this... if I knew where one was...
- Secrets in DC is still operating
- How about Baltimore?
- Going to Swinging Richards in Ft Lauderdale/Miami next week! WOO!
- take pics and post, dude!
- Photography is not allowed in the club.
- Are phones allowed?
- Forum for discussion and reviews of male strip clubs at link.
- i like it when they wear pink!
- I dislike strippers who wear gaudy costumes.
- thanks r111
- R103 I'll have what she's having.
- Post real life stripper pics
- Who is this dude?
- he's cute
- MIAMI BITCHES- please help me figure out who this stripper is- a couple of years ago I went to Twist in Miami. I was really drunk and a bit high so I forgot to ask his name. Blondes arent usually my type but this guy was a HOT blonde with an amazing ass (not so big dick but who cares) Gorgeous! Looks sorta Cuban. Longing blonde hair but not quite shoulder length. I don't care if hes straight I wanna see him strip again lol.
A couple of the Zigfields Secrets strippers in DC are HOT, esp this latin who let me spank his ass. I shoulda hired him. Got kisses and a couple of manhole-scented fingers for being nice n cute ;-)
- How is the current crop of dancers at Secrets? Masculine and muscular?
- How is the current crop of dancers at Secrets?
- AdonisMale has a site now
- That looks like George Stephanopoulos in R103's link, the short one next to the drag queen.
- I love watching sexy male strippers too!!!
- I like Dominican strippers
- Pics please
- Long Beach
- Austin now has a couple of Friday night go-go boys again... but damn, this used to be sexy stripper and porn-star go-go boy capital of the south! What happened?!?
- who is this?
- Disco Spartacus, Thong of the Year
- Bad quality video from an old Joan Rivers episode. The guy at :40-:43 or so has a nice ass.
- get it! get it, dude!
- This thread is one person talking to themselves.
- When I look up male strippers and you get into those African-American shows- it's like sex acts right there. But the strippers aren't hot and the women are kinda trampy. But it's one big sex fest.
Do they all go to Church on Sunday and ask for forgiveness?
- Money maker
- r142, that was a bizarre post.
- Black dudes are so hot.
- Seems strippers are making a come-back in Austin...
- And DC?
- hot bod
- Nothing hotter than when a male stripper is dancing totally naked with a huge boner!
- Johnny McGovern posts nothing but Vine after Vine of emaciated little go-go boys on his Twitter feed now.Is he fucking that little Greggy buddy of his or something because he seems awfully obsessed with him.
- WEHT to the "Cunt Smasher"? He used to dance on Geraldo's show back in the 90s.
- There was an EXTREMELY hot stripper who used to dance at the gay bar I frequent. I'd buy his underwear off of him every time I went there, and they always smelled like cologne and musk. Too bad he doesn't dance there anymore, but at least I still have his worn undies hanging in my closet as memories...
- Nothing hotter than watching two male strippers do a show where they kiss and get off on each other.
- Male strippers? I dunno. My first association is cheeseball "male revues" marketed to drunk fraus and bachelorettes. Big 80s hair, fake tans, day-glo thongs...ew.
However, years ago I went to Swinging Richards in Atlanta, which was for gay men...whooo-weeee...they were hot, and completely naked. I still remember the cutie I got a lap dance from. Lightly furry, brilliant blue eyes and SOOOOO friendly. Yes, I know they're only acting that way to get your money, but still. Total fantasy material and I still get hard thinking about it almost 20 years later.
- Nothing hotter than when a male stripper is dancing totally naked with a huge boner!
[see offsite link on deliciousmalehotties.tumblr.com]
Fucking Hot Body! Beautiful Hard Cock! It must be a total rush to be jacked up like that and dance in front of a crowd naked and rock hard. I would be the first one to suck him and have him shove that huge thick rod down my throat while everyone else watched!
- Nothing worse than skinny dude strippers.
- Jay Diamond
- R161 reposted as an inline pic:
- more Jay Diamond
- who is hot dude on the far left?
- Aren't most male strippers porn stars now?
- Jay Diamond is hot, dude!
- I want R162
- Any more pics of Jay Diamond?
- more vids and pics
- I love strippers too
- more pics
- Stop bumping your stupid thread, you retarded fetus.
- More pics
- any candid vids?