- Now that is how you wrap a package.
Who was he? When was he?
- He's most known for playing the Green Hornet on the short-lived TV series where Bruce Lee played Kato. Extremely handsome man in his day. He was also on the '60s series "Surfside 6". He later went into computers and was a part-time deputy for a while.
- Thanks, R2. He's absolutely lovely.
- You're welcome. Here he is in a pool with Robert Conrad.
- If I could mail order a boyfriend that is what he would look like.
- Here's another pic from that same shoot.
- LOL me too.
- From "Surfside 6"
- Van with Bruce Lee
- I wish I could've watched Surfside 6.
- Late '80s Van
- Van will be at The Chiller Autograph Show in Parsippany NJ the end of April
- I just may go up there and see him.
- Surfside 6 pic again
- R4 Who was the top?
- R18, hopefully Van got to tap that gorgeous Conrad butt.
- i remember Green Hornet & I thought he was cute...but these pics are just 'dreamy' (to quote Shelly Fabares)
- Here he is in the opening credits for the first show he was on. Hum along. Bourbon Street. I never saw it but supposedly the show got really good reviews.
- And the fun intro to Surfside 6.
- I never understood why Troy Donahue got all the attention on Surfside Six. Van was so far superior.
I think the photos at r2 and r7 are from Van's very brief cameo in the feature film Tall Story starring Jane Fonda and Tony Perkins. He plays a college jock, who emerges from the locker room shower, surprised to find Jane (a girl....gasp!) there with Tony.
Josh Logan, I directed Tall Story
- Fuck, I'll try the Surfside 6 pic again.
- Hot in the Surfside 6 opening
- Van signing autographs and later talking about "bullshit" showbiz politics in his hotel room
- Van and Bob Conrad just hanging out.
- The "Surfside 6" theme is hilarious...
MEN: "Surfside 6..."
BREATHY WOMEN: "Who lives there?"
MEN: "Surfside 6..."
BREATHY WOMEN: "Young BACHELORS!"
MEN: "Surfside 6..."
BREATHY WOMEN: "And where is it?"
EVERYONE: "In MIAMI BEACH! Cha-cha-CHA!"
- More Van and Bob at the gym.
- I love the photo at top right. I seen porn flicks with bottom boys in the same position.
- Sorry, "I've" (typing too fast).
- Warner Bros. TV division cranked out these formulaic detective series in the late 1950s, early 1960s, most of which had a trio of good looking dudes in exotic settings: 77 Sunset Strip, Hawaiian Eye and the two that starred Van: Surfside Six and Borbon Street Beat. The former beat the later because the Miami Beach locale gave Van weekly reasons to be seen in a bathing suit.
Warners cranked out even more Westerns which, didn't have a trio of young hunky stars, but had plenty of beefcake, nevertheless: Maverick, Cheyenne, Bronco, Sugarfoot, and on and on....
Edd "Kookie" Byrnes
- Sounds like CBS today, Kookie.
- I know I will be attacked for this but aren't those Van and Bob photos just a bit, er, gay?
- That's a good thing, R34.
- In that hotel room interview at r26, what TV series is he talking about that led to him leaving show biz? I think he says it was his 4th series and not Green Hornet, which I think was his 3rd.
- Tony Perkins and Jane Fonda with Van in the background from the film "Tall Story".
- R37 I'll bet Tony was hard, and not from Jane.
- Oh definitely, R38.
- Mary Tyler Moore had to choose between Van and Dick Van Dyke in one of the early DVD episodes. The guys were in the Army and were both wooing MTM when she was a USO dancer.
Van in his uniform was a sight to behold. That thing was plastered to that body.
- Photos, R40!!!!
- Just watched the episode, R40. Yeah, he was smokin' in it. Sorry Dick, but I would've picked Van in a heartbeat.
- Young Van had beautiful shapely long legs. Hot.
- I'm not sure the link is going to work. Fingers crossed.
- Handsome & sexy photos at the link, as well as some info on him, along with fellow hunks Clint Walker and Hugh O'Brian:
- Here's Van's entire Dick Van Dyke episode ("No Rice at My Wedding")
- Thanks, but I'd rather see Van's entire dick, r46. And preferably in 1962.
- LOL me too, R47 (although there are moments in that episode where you can sort of see some VPL).
- I streamed his Dick Van Dyke episode from Netflix today. Jesus H it's pretty rare when a guy has looked so pretty and masculine at the same time. His uniform looks like they fucking painted it on.
A bonus for the episode was that it had a lot of Millie in it.
- I liked it when he kissed Millie because you got a good view of his ass, and the pants were so tight you could make out his crack.