All Threads by Date

Psychiatrist Wants Blood Work

Okay, so the psychiatrist put me on meds, and now wants blood work done for it. Totally understandable. The doc gives you a slip saying what they want you tested for (the meds in system). Fine, but here's my question: do I have to go to my primary doctor for this, or can I just go to a lab and get it done? I'm sure they'd fax the results to my psychiatrist, who again, is also my/a doctor. My primary medical doctor is horrible. I'm looking for a new one, and I don't want to go through any of this with them. I know they send out for blood work. They no longer do it in the office. So, do you think I could just go to a lab with the slip the psychiatrist gave me? Thanks for any help. I'm sure someone knows.

Thread Watcher
Click here if you are using an iPhone or iPad

DataLounge get your fix of gay gossip, news and pointless bitchery.



Talking to DataLounge servers.
Please wait a moment...