B-A-N-A-N-A cream - goes so well with black coffee.
Chocolate cream pie with pretzel crust.
Meyers Lemon Merengue Pie
Sounds good R25.
Best - key lime pie; made correctly, with limes from the Florida Keys - special tart limes, lots of condensed milk - so the sweetness, tartness and silky consistency of the custard is divine.
Topped with real whipped cream - too sweet otherwise - and a thick and flaky graham cracker crust.
So, good -
Most key lime pie is not prepared correctly nor with the right ingredients.
Don't buy it - make it
I don't have a sweet tooth, so I'd have to say man pie, hold the giblets.
Strawberry rhubarb with cinnamon-sugar on the crust.
I've always wished I didn't have a "sweet tooth."
Hmmm, maybe a topic for another thread.
When the moon like a big piece of pie that's amore.
Key Lime Peach Lemon Meringue
Key lime no contest
Pecan pie, and then some kind of berry. Oh, and please skip the fatty, flavorless crust. I always eat my pie with a spoon, so that I can scoop out the filling, and avoid the crust entirely. Actually, I'd rather have pecan or raspberry filling as a pudding.
1. Peach. Two crust, homemade of course, with good leaf lard and good butter.
2. Blueberry. Tiny wild berries. Same crust as above.
3. Fresh strawberry. Local berries-not those mutant, cottony california monsters. One crust
4. Strawberry-Rhubarb. Lattice crust. Sublime, but seldom successful. Usually disappoints.
5. Apple. Two crust. Again, usually disappoints. Sour, runny, soggy crust, ick. You need pie apples, not commonly available at the supermarket. Very hard to get right in my opinion
Good crust is not hard to make. So few people I know bother. So worth it
not a single vote for Cream Pie?
Mincemeat pie, all sorts of wonderful flavors combining into a whole that has a hint of sweet-and-sour in the sweetness.
But the pie I get most often is the good handmade Dutch Apple, from the farm store down the road. It tastes like apples, not canned "apple pie filling".
Rhubarb, hold the strawberries.
French Silk Chocolate
runner up -Apple
Never met a pastry I didn't like, but in this case I like peach with a scoop of vanilla a bit more.
I'm dieting and will obsess about this all afternoon.
r44 -- cream pies are too easy to inhale.
R52, Was a virgin to Derby pie; know no longer, thanks. Can they make it with either no crust/a decent tasting crust?