- Anyone want to go to trivia with me at the pub tonight?
- I just used Trader Joe's sunflower-seed butter rather than peanut butter on a PB&J. I do like sunflower-seed butter better than peanut butter.
- So tired of everything.
- Occupy Wall Street!
- Leftovers for dinner again... still learning to cook for one.
- My cat's breath smells like cat food.
- You know that one semi-attractive male celebrity who we've all heard of, but no one really pays much attention to? He's a homo. I heard it from a friend of mine who's an insider in the business and has met him once or twice, so I know for sure.
- My neighbor gets on the elevator because she believes that other people (husband? father?) in her unit can't hear her cell phone conversation.
That might be true, but everyone else in the fucking building can, because sound travels in the elevator shaft!
- ......I didn't have corn!!!!!!!!
- In honor of Presidents' Day I smoked a bowl and drank some Nyquil and slept all day. It was bliss.
- "The printer may be out of toner."
Well, I checked and it's not.
- Damn it OP, it took me FOREVER to find this thread because I was searching 'underwhelmed' as is the tradition. And I think oddly, the link to this thread is missing from the last.
*sigh* Nevermind. Bend over so I can slap your bottom, and then we can all get on with underwhelming each other.
You know you want it.
- People annoy me.
- What was the number you called to hear that? 595-1212?
- I'm still nervous. Why?
- I can't stop watching "Final Destination 5" whenever it's on cable. I'm watching it now after I just watched it about 2 hours ago. A few months ago it was "Bridesmaids". I dread to think what it will be next.
- ayb, please accept my sincere apology. It didn't occur to me that using a different tense of underwhelmed in the title was verboten.
This is probably the fourth underwhelmed thread I've started. "I Want to be Underwhelmed Vol. VII" (or a Roman numeral close in proximity) and "I Vant to be Underwhelmed Forever and Ever" were the first ones I started.
"The -Underwhelming- Remains the Same or What is and Shall Ever Be" was another one I named from couple of years ago. In hindsight, someone on that thread (might've been you or Ciaran) expressed exasperation in locating that thread for the very same reason you complained about.
I gotta admit I always get a kick out of your wry posts ayb and I certainly appreciate your candor in regards to any underwhelming declaration or plight du jour you feel like mentioning. Stay angry.
- If I can just get this bit of salad out between my teeth. Suck suck suck.
I need floss.
- I made a big bowl of vanilla pudding and ate it with whipped cream and vanilla wafers.
- Ah, Tweezer..
[quote]"I Vant to be Underwhelmed Forever and Ever"
I always thought that was the funniest Underwhelmed thread title out of the bunch, so cudos to you, baby.
In other news, I'm on a combination of Naproxen for a wrist sprain incurred whilst lifting at the gym (MARY!) and Omeprazole to counteract the mouldy affects of that on one's stomach.
Amusingly, I have the slightly stoned side effects of being fuzzy, vague and err smiley that come with the drug. It made work quite a bit less tedious than usual, today.
So you'll be no doubt dismayed to know I'm not feeling very abrasive atm, consequently :S
- I'm nuking a Lean Cuisine.
- I can't find Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Alfredo style in many stores. I'm on a budget and all.
- I really wanted Tarragon Chicken Salad for lunch, but the deli had just run out, so I got Blackened Cajun Chicken Salad instead. It was almost as good, but not quite. But no complaints.
- [quote] *kisses*
- I had a drink last night for the first time in a year. It was uneventful.
No, I'm not an alcoholic who relapsed. I'm just that boring.
- Aw, you made be blush ayb. Kisses to you too.
Now back to business as usual.
- I work for the telephone company!
- I think my fish whisperer stole my koi. Or the gardener.
- I dreamed I had a hemorrhoid that stretched out like a chewed-out piece of bubble gum. I got nervous and rolled it back up and pushed it back into my ass thinking, "This is going to get in the way."
- I hate my coworkers.
- [quote]"I Vant to be Underwhelmed Forever and Ever"
Greta Garbo was my inspiration for that one ayb. For some strange reason I've imagined GG as an avid DLer were she still alive.
"Oh, how I yaern toob be underwhelmed."
- I haven't had a job for three years and I'm about to lose my house.
- A few days ago my neighbor's smoke detector went haywire. He's a very young single father. He and I are the only two tenants on this particular section of a small corridor.
This building has a large number of older ladies as tenants, especially on this side. I am friendly with many of them, one in particular, and she was worried it was my apartment, so she came to my door, banging. All the old ladies were panicked.
Lets call her Ann.
Clearly it was my nextdoor neighbor's place.
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
We knocked on the door and pressed the doorbell several times. We started to get worried about them. I tried the doorknob and it opened, *ANN* said go in! go in! So I did. Ann stayed in the doorway.
I'm tall, it's a 1950's building, ceilings are only 8 ft. I reached up and turned off the smoke detector. It turns out he had left a pot of boiling water on his stove top. Sometimes my smoke detector goes off if I stay in the shower too long or open my oven door when it is hot.
So I turned off the burner and moved the pot of water to a cold burner.
ANN, as we are calling her, was still standing at the door and had not entered. She saw nothing.
On the way out I noticed a small GROW OP situation in a closet. My ex, a great friend, who is a landlord, an owner of several flats, thinks I should report it as a fire hazard.
And the neighbor, we'll call him *carlos*, showed up about 5 minutes later. Ann gave him shit about scaring everyone, all the old ladies. She played bad cop, I played good cop. Said sometimes steam from my shower sets it off. I never told Ann what I saw.
I don't know if I can report it. I don't want to.
- I didn't understand what R35 was about. Grow OP?
Sorry, can you clarify?
- He's growing weed in the walk in closet. The big sliding doors were replaced with a thick drape of plastic, there were bright lights, a heater.
he's trying so hard to support his kid, I don't feel right telling anyone.
- The UPS drivers tear through our neighborhood at breakneck speed. I get that our street is near the end of the day, but Christ, they're going to kill someone.
- Why is it so hard to find lima beans in my local stores?
- Wow, my farts have been extra stinky lately.
- My best friend is terribly, terribly depressed. I'm scared to death he's going to kill himself.
- My blanchemange is runny.
- I love to randomly shout the word "YEAST!" to piss people off.
- [quote]he's trying so hard to support his kid, I don't feel right telling anyone.
I certainly wouldn't rat him out, but I'd tell him to be careful of the fire hazard and take some extra precautions.
- I knew Stockard Channing in the 40's. She was 50.
- Whenever I'm asleep and have to pee, I have the most lurid piss dreams.
- I am trying to be kind to a friend who is ill but boy is conversation heavy going.
I need to go on a diet.
My boss is brilliant and makes me feel inferior although not deliberately.
- Those initial side effects were obviously temporary. I've had nothing like that since.
But I have noticed I now only need one beer to get a buzz going.
- [quote]Whenever I'm asleep and have to pee, I have the most lurid piss dreams.
Did you ever dream you're standing in front of the loo (or sitting on it, if you are so inclined) and start to wee?
- I have eight pairs of northern cardinals at my feeder as we type.
- Jennifer Lawrence is going to win an Oscar tonight
- [quote] He's growing weed in the walk in closet. The big sliding doors were replaced with a thick drape of
The landlord may notice the uptick in electrical use.
I don't know about apartments, but utility companies notify police if a house seems to be using too much electricity.
- There's a small hair on my nose that I can see - on my nose - but cannot see in a mirror to see where it is to remove it.
- Somebody asked me if I got a haircut and I said, "No, I got 'em all cut!"
- I'm moving in with family and none of them smoke. I have to give up my pipe.
- R53 getcha self an electric nose-hair trimmer, Blanche! They don't cost very much. Even I have to do that every couple of months.
R55, that's grim. Can't you just smoke your pipe outside? If they know you smoke a pipe it seems a bit much to expect you to totally give it up, even if they are doing you a favour *waits for antis heads to explode*. But seriously, it's not like it's crack.
Well, I'm done dispensing advice now. My underwhelming update is I got a wrist support from Boots because I wasn't really refraining from using it. Now I have a constant reminder not to, and also the support to encourage healing.
- R56 I have one of those and I trim fine everywhere else - this one...it's too small for me to see in a mirror, but I see it when I am looking through my glasses.
Probably just need to get one of those magnifying makeup/shaving mirrors.
- You may have heard of this. It's a show called "The Fuccons" from Japan (also known as "Oh Mikey!") and features the adventures of an American family who move there.
Oh, and they're all mannequins.
- I would turn in any neighbor who was growing and selling pot! There are millions of other ways to support children other than being a low-rent, shady criminal. Trust me, even if he didn't have that kid, he'd still be doing it. Don't you people have any standards, or are you all obsessed with the teeny tiny virtue of "not sounding judgmental"!?
- R59, what a Good German you are!
Not to mention ignorant. We're not talking about a crack den here. Hardly worth absolutely ruining the lives of two people (especially the child) over selling a bit of weed. It's not even a big operation.
Over the years I've known plenty of professional, affluent people who also smoked dope. Reefer Madness is not a documentary.
You sir, are evil.
And yes, I'm going to sign this with my nick.
- I didn't know Kathy Najimy and Ellen Degeneres performed Immer auf die Kleinen in 1999.
- The cute weather guy on NBC NY keeps pronouncing Bangor, ME as banger. It is not a sausage, sweetie.
- Worked my ass off and spent most of my free time learning and studying. I became very well respected at work. New business manager and it's like a series of floors sliding under my feet.
Really, I think I was better off when I did manual work, I kept fit and didn't have this mental drain. It was crap, but this is worse.
- Judge Judy will be on shortly.
- I have that flushed feeling again when I think I have a fever but I never do. I wonder if I'm allergic to something.
- I forgot Colin Farrell was on Bally K. He is so handsome.
- I like Chicago. I didn't think I would, "Windy City" and all.
I learned so much about architecture on the "Architectural Boat Tour:" the one by the Architecture Society, not the touristy one.
I'm sorry I haven't read the previous posts, so forgive me if this has already been said.
- R67 I agree
- I sometimes wonder if life would be different if I had green eyes instead of blue.
- I have to pee but I'm too lazy to get up.
- Colin Farrell was surprisingly good in "A Home At The End Of The World". The whole film is into itself, but it still works. I liked it.
- My favorite binder at work is getting so frayed that I know I'll have to get a new one, but I don't trust the office manager to order the right one.
Off to Staples this weekend!
- OMG I'm studying with the tv on in the background. I almost choked when an advert came on and the guy kept saying bareback and body, bareback and body, bareback and body. I must have heard it three times before I realised he was saying Bayer Back and Body. I think they need to re-think the name.
-  is the best.
- I'm listening to Toad the Wet Sprocket songs on YT. Something's Always Wrong is on at the moment.
I went to Walgreen's for meds and liquid tears this past Mon. evening. I also called my mom and talked for a half hour in the car. I had Fluffy my ten year old Cocker with me. Then I went to ABC Liquors and bought a 1.75 of Ronrico dark rum.
I needed razors but they were too expensive at Wag's so I ran over to Big Lots. They only had generic brands so I trucked on over to the Walmart on 19 in Pinellas Park.
While there, I went over to Pet Supply and picked up 3 bags of "wholesome holistic" Healthy Dog Biscuits since they can often be hard to come by. When I found razors I noticed much to my surprise on a shelf opposite the razors they had Tussy roll-on deodorant so I bought one (.97¢). The label said original scent but they lie.
It doesn't smell like cloves. It doesn't even smell like the many years later on scent they changed it to the last time I purchased some. Smells awful, like a B.O. and rancid imposter fragrance combo. Terrible.
I stopped off at the XTC for a bottle of poppers then I topped off my tank at the gas station across the street from my abode before arriving home at 9 pm. I should've put air in my tires but I didn't feel like it. Lily Tomlin was on Joy Behar when I walked in the door so I was happy to catch that.
Now it's time to put a drop of damned (scary) Prednisone in my eye now for a double stye that I've had for 4 months. At least it doesn't look like a stye at this point but it hasn't healed. It looks like I have mauve eye shadow on my left lid and have dry eye besides. It's worrisome. Monday I return to the ophthalmologist for yet another appointment.
P.S. I'm so tired of doing all the warm compresses with tea bags too. My fingertips are dry and cracked from wringing out tea bags dipped in hot water.
- He did it to me again. We go to bed around 11:30 and, lately, my partner has been taking a 20 ounce glass of water or juice to drink while we're watching tv. Inevitably, he wakes up around 5:00 or 6:00 to pee. He barely wakes up and goes right back to sleep but I end up being awake until the alarm goes off.
I've asked him not to do it because it is so frustrating lying around for two or three hours. I work from home and I end up wanting to take a nap in the afternoon, which I hate to do because it is so unproductive and I feel like shite when I wake up. He says I should just take a nap and be happy that I can.
He's in his 20s so it's not his prostate acting up - it's that damned big glass of water. I swear I'm going to dump it on his head if he does it one more time.
- My SAD is finally lifting. Life is good again.
- I was just told (kindly) that I have a silly accent and can't say the word "bond" correctly. So have been in a room by myself trying to get rid of the "w" sound I put in "bond" AND I CANNOT MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!
- [quote]I was just told (kindly) that I have a silly accent and can't say the word "bond" correctly. So have been in a room by myself trying to get rid of the "w" sound I put in "bond" AND I CANNOT MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!
How are you saying it-- "Baw-nd"?
Can you say "ah" instead of "aw"? When you say, "Ah, that feels good," does it sound different from "Aw, that's so cute!"?
Can you say, "Bah, humbug," or does it come out as "Baw"?
- The whole world is happily eating corned beef and cabbage together. Looks like I'll be having a pizza instead. All alone again. Sigh.
- SO EXCITED about the new Daft Punk album coming out this year. Supposedly. Though all the billboards are mysteriously being taken down after a day or so. SO EXCITED.
- I'm back to wanting a dog again. A dog. A dog. I think I want a dog.
- Close my eyes, or keep them open?
- I just caught the last 10 minutes of Diff'rent Strokes. I've only seen that programme once or twice but it caught my interest because it was about paedophelia. I was surprised to see them discuss the fact that paedophiles are not gay.
- I'm phoning in my prescription refills. I'd rather be watching a movie or doing a crossword.
- I think the People's Choice award is the most important award because it comes from the people.
- Should I use a #2 or a #3 drill bit on this gloryhole?
- CHOINK CHOINK CHOINK. Pass the biscuits.
- I have re-discovered the magically delicious nature of steamed brussel sprouts, halved, buttered, and sprinkled with Toney's Rosemary/Garlic seasoning.
I'm losing weight, but my breath is bad and my piss smells like swamp cactus.
- If the world ends in nuclear Armegeddon, I can always eat my semen. It tastes like lumpy Risotto.
- New page. Endless Winter in the UK, no end in sight apparently.
Here's some Beefheart.
- I keep looking up places I want to go on Trip Advisor and reading only the bad reviews to make me feel not so bad that I'm not on vacation.
- I just found out that daffodils, tulips, narcissus, aloes and jade plants are all toxic to cats and dogs. I have large jade and aloe plants in my house and daffodils, narcissus and tulips all over my yard. I've been thinking about adopting a couple of dogs, but clearly I'm going to have to choose between plants and animals.
- I have a stupid-as-fuck coworker that I'd like to throw my stapler at HARD... How do some people get hired??!
- I am on a conference call with our board and am paying absolutely no attention.
- *sings* Love is like a butterfly...
- I hate when somebody hangs up the phone on me. How old are you, douchebag?
- My shitty day at work was nullified by the delightful news that KU lost. In fucking overtime.
I hate KU.
- I think it's about time we changed the website slogan to
[quote][bold]DataLounge[/bold] get your fix of gay gossip, news, pointless bitchery and Joan Crawford.
- Went to two different 7-11 ATMs I'd used before to try withdrawing $300. Four times I got a slip saying "unable to complete". Then I went to a Chase Bank ATM and it worked. No idea why.
- So, I guess I'll be homeless before too long. I've worked to support myself for over thirty years, but this society has no respect for someone who has tons of experience but has reached a certain age. It sucks to get old and be totally alone in the world.
- I wish I could do something to help, R101. :( I wish you luck.
- I was in your position tens years ago, r101, but I was lucky enough to have family to take me in. I was very lucky. I'm just now turning my life around. I wish you the best.
- I did not know that the turnips I've been eating all my life are actually rutabagas.
I love mashed turnip so much that I often mix them with all my other vegetables.
- Thanks, R102 and R103. Unfortunately, I have no family and very few friends, and no friends that can take me in. I will be on the street soon. Life sucks, and then you die - but now soon enough.
- I had a super value pak mega anxiety dream this morning in which several themes from my most frequent anxiety dreams were woven throughout. One element that was new was that I ran into Elaine Stritch, who was feeling sad about getting old. "I feel exactly the same way. We'll get through this together," I told her, and we both cried.
- I've just seen "Harriet Craig" on Youtube. Don't you think that her costumes/hair detracts from the film? It would have been so much more effective to have her as a manipulative bitch if she'd had a softer look. It's all so signposted it makes you think her husband is mentally defective.
It's funny, but the more I see of Joan's 50s output the more I think that actually "Female On The Beach" and "Johnny Guitar" were actually much better than their campy nature would have you believe. "Torch Song" is still laughable crap though.
- I decided to plant some Irish moss in a small area that has been used as a chipmunk tunnel in the past (arrival of new cat has shut down chipmunk population). I thought, "I hope rats haven't taken over the tunnel system."
As I was digging I could feel the dirt below my hand was crumblVera's if it was over a hollow area. I saw a small rock in the corner of the hole I was digging. I tried to loosen the rock with my finger, but it sort of disappeared. I dug around the area and all of a sudden, within a nanosecond, this huge THING materialized out of the rock hole, flipped over, exposed a white underbelly and was 4x the size of the "rock." I screamed like a little girl.
It was just do unexpected! Was it a rat? Ewww!
It turned out to be a very large toad. I'd excavated its winter hibernation site. Poor old guy. He was sleepy and maybe a little injured fom my trying to scrape the "rock" out of the dirt (I think the "rock" was his knee.) I picked him up; he sat still for a few seconds and hopped down. I put him back in his hole, but he hopped behind and under a bush. I left him there, hoping he can dig himself a new hole.
The way it came out of the hole was like magic -- like a liquid being squeezed out of a bottle. Like if you squeezed a ketchup bottle and a toad just suddenly ploppec out of that tiny little bottle tip.
- That's funny r108. Hope your cat doesn't get Mr Toad.
I heard Kelly Clarkson's new song, People Like Us, while driving to work this morning and it made me cry. I am just so damn mad at this country and what's happening, and this song captured exactly what I am feeling.
Speaking of mad, how many years has it been since M&M's replaced tan with blue? I am just not feeling the blue M&Ms and wish they'd stop putting them in with the others.
- I remember the tan M&M's, R109. They were my favorites.
I just found out tonight that someone I knew as a teenager is now a producer on 60 Minutes. Not sure how I feel about that. Kudos to him, in some ways, but the show is pretty obnoxious.
- I hate panic attacks. Oh well.
Now I'm going to watch some cheesy scifi on Netflix and practice my deep breathing.
- Everyone brew the coffee and gather 'round. CBS Sunday Morning starts in thirty minutes.
- You should have typed that a bit louder, R112. I almost didn't wake up and it looks like a good show this week.
- I'm enjoying it, r113, especially the piece about printing human tissue. Amazing.
- Ever get the feeling the Republican party is run by Carrie's mother?
- Well, I finally got a job. The pay is exactly half of my salary at my last full time job, but it is enough to pay the rent and see a movie now and again. The perks are pretty good, though, including free lunch - today I got a salad that was so big, I'm eating the rest of it now for supper - and free health insurance after three months.
- My town put a"sustainability element" in the town's Comprehensive Plan and all the nuts came tumbling out of the tree at a town board meeting, claiming that the plan was tied to a United Nations initiative and an international nonprofit organization that might somehow start dictating laws to the town if the plan is approved.
"The group, some two dozen people, suggested that the town’s sustainability plan was linked in some way to a 20-year-old U.N. initiative known as Agenda 21, and the broad array of sustainable programs it suggested the world’s nations adopt."
“By approving this program you are losing your right to legislate,” said. "I am a proponent of Home Rule" we're some of the comments by this group of "concerned citizens," aka wing nuts with nothing better o do than sit around listening to Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.
- I stood on the corner of W10th and Greenwich (Manhattan) talking to a friend. We were passed by Jessica Lange, her younger daughter and son in tow, and then ten minutes later Edie Falco (a brunette now) hurriedly walked by and hailed a cab on Hudson. Lange had sunglasses, but was still very recognizable. Taller than I expected. Falco is fucking tiny. She didn't wear sunglasses and seemed very genuine and unconcerned about being recognized. My friend and I chatted for another ten minutes after this.
- I made a big bowl of guacamole for a work function tomorrow and mistakenly added a palmful of ginger powder instead of garlic powder. Damn it! It actually tastes OK, but it's not guac.
- I'm going to be so fucking tired when I get in tonight.
- I had a really disturbing dream of mushroom clouds last night that ruined my day. I was in Manhattan and saw a mushroom cloud to the west. I put my head down and wondered when I would go blind and when the shock wave would hit. I wondered if I would die from the blast or if I would die in an ensuing firestorm. When I didn't die immediately, I wondered when I would get nauseous from radiation poisoning. I felt embarrassed that I would die in a pool of vomit and diarrhea.
When I didn't die after a few minutes and didn't find myself blinded, I looked up. Everyone around me was also still alive. We then saw a mushroom cloud to the north. Then another. And another. But we didn't feel the ground shake or get blinded. I said, "We should get out if here," and a guy said, "We should go upwards. Come to my grandfather's place. It's in the palisades and the air will be cleaner there. And we'll be safer from tsunamis." A bunch of us left and we arrived at his grandfather's apartment in the blink of an eye. It looked like an apartment in Russia. I saw a tram pull up outside and thought, "Trams in NJ?" Then I remembered -- oh yeah, this is the future, I forgot. In the future, trams will be more prevalent
"There's no more tv or radio, and no more electricity. Running water will run out soon," said the guy who brought us there. And I thought, "Oh shit. I'll never see anyone I know again. And now wars will start over food and water and warm clothing. Why couldn't I have died when the first bomb exploded?" We looked out the windows and saw at least 20 mushroom clouds in all directions. Then I saw tornados and said, "Those will be heading our way soon. And tsunamis. And nuclear winter." I couldn't imagine why it was still sunny outside. I was filled with dread about what the future would bring in this new world.
- Got a new toy for my dog today, which he's already mostly destroyed. Doing laundry and dishes. Will soon pour at least one glass of wine and continue listening to the audiobook of Confederacy of Dunces.
- I opened a bottle of Trader Joes Zinfindel (the $5 one- not the $3 one) Its usually very good but this bottle tastes overly acidic. I might just use this bottle for cooking and open the Gnarly Head Red.
- I'm so glad that Zach Galafanakis told us not to get our hopes up during his SNL monologue.
- I went to a Kentucky Derby party yesterday, and I met the hot daddy from my gym who I've been crushing on the last couple of years.
I knew some things about him previously just by listening to him talk to his buddies at the gym. And we knew each other's names and would say hello to each other.
But last night, we didn't know many other people at the party - he went because his wife wanted to, and I went because I was bored. So we spent a couple of hours really getting to know each other. He really is everything I look for in a partner... except straight, and happily married. But he's funny, interesting, smart, considerate, handsome. Plus he smells great, has really nice teeth, looks great naked in the locker room, and isn't concerned that his black hair is starting to grey.
I could probably start a great friendship with him at this point, which might be the dumbest thing I could do since I'm so lovestruck.
- I got a phone call very early this Sunday morning from someone with a very heavy foreign accent telling me that someone in Brooklyn tried to use my visa credit card yesterday for $807. I did not use my Visa card in Brooklyn yesterday. I was suspicious that this was a scam.
Long story short, I called the number on the back of my Visa card and a guy with a heavy foreign accent answered. He referred me to fraud, where another heavily-accented guy verified this.
So my Visa card company apparently uses a call center in India where they have a type of Indian accent that I am not used to. At any rate, I'm glad I checked it out before giving away info about my identity.
- Yesterday, I ended my anxiety ridden day with Xanax.
This morning, I had some strong cappuccino and I feel euphoric and joyful.
Down. Up. Down. Up.
- Is there any way to get rid of grey doves in the city?
There is a single male Coooooo-ing like crazy every darn day outside my window.
- Happy Mother's Day.
- What IS that smell!?
- I have discovered the joy of Lexapro + Lyrica. Life is good.
- I really think Antique Roadshow is fucking with our minds. They always show some horrible painting that looks like it came from a hotel art sale by an artist no one has ever heard from before and claim it's worth a half million dollars.
- I can hear myself breathing.
- My increased activity at DL correlates with my job sending me to remote locations for weeks at a time, with absolutely nothing to do 99% of the time.
- Jesus christ. I just clicked on a silly joke link to a news website featuring a music video ... I scrolled down and one of the linked stories at the bottom was about a woman, disfigured by having acid thrown in her face, begging to die. With a horrifying photo. I was just looking to see Daft Punk mixed with screaming goats, not a graphic image that will haunt me for days.
- OK, so everyone needs to go watch "Tucker & Dale vs. Evil" on Netflix streaming.
I'm so glad I have insomnia tonight!
- "Try rehabbing a painted lady," they said. "They're so elegant,"they said.
It's taken taken me two weeks to scrape and sand 1/8th of the house. Now I have to replace odd widths of trim and fuck with caulk.
I loathe caulk.
- The white pines (which are supposed to be green) which were turned orange by Hurricane Sandy are shedding ALL of their needles. All of them. It seems like there are 20 metric tons of orange pine needles in my yard and garden beds. I rake and rake and there's more the next day.
So the trees are half-naked with a few tiny green buds. It looks so awful. I hate white pines. They were planted by the builders and it's too expensive to get them cut down, since I live in a vacation paradise for the 1%, where everything is 4x what it costs somewhere else.
- Why has my local PBS station picked up the horrible show "The Cafe"? It's sooo awful. An entire episode of some guy singing pop songs in a shop as a motley assortment of people dance around. I assume it is supposed to be heartwarming, but it's just bafflingly annoying.
- I love "The Café" R141. That episode was lovely. It is a serial so you won't get much from one episode.
- God, folk rock is so gross. I'm looking at you Lumineers.
- I just watched the new Star Trek. On the way home, I picked up some cookies & cream frozen yogurt with crushed Oreo, caramel and chocolate sauce. I'm in a semi-coma on my bed with my dog cuddled up to me. I've got my viola next to me, occasionally plucking it a bit.
- I wish Steve Zahn were my boyfriend. I wish, I wish.
- I had a late lunch (really, my first meal of the day at 4pm... I've been really lazy today), but it was so big that here it is, ten hours later, and I'm still so uncomfortably full that I can't sleep.
- My da is going to stay with me for a few days until they get the train mess straightened out. He's taking me and my sister out to dinner tonight and bringing lots of goodies from mam.
- I posted an ad on craigslist to sublet my apartment at about 7:15 this morning and it's already buried on the 2nd page and I've gotten no responses. Should I delete it and repost it? What would be the best time of day to post it? Should I post it somewhere else?
- Can't sleep. Watching Korean disaster and monster movies. Awesome. Someone bring some popcorn and a Coke Zero. Pretty please?
- Woke up half an hour ago. I'm already a ball of stress and sick to my stomach about work. I have vague memories of a dream where everyone was on my case about all my work /due dates.
I just left the office about nine hours ago.
At this point, I think a new job is not only desired but necessary for my mental and physical health.
My 10 yr. old blind cocker spaniel is lost. He got loose late afternoon or early this evening while I was out. He got through a loose fence board that gave way. I live on a busy street too. I've been searching for him on foot and a friend helped looked in his car and I just listed him lost on CL. Fuck fuck fuck. It's dark now but I'm out to go look some more. This is what I get for leaving the kitchen door ajar.
- Fluffy was found thank goodness. A rush hour motorist picked him up yesterday and I just got back. It turns out that Fluffy is two years older than I thought.
- [bold]this text will be bold[/bold]
Did I turn it off???
- I found some Girl Scout cookies but they're kinda stale.
I'm eating them anyway.
- [/bold] another attempt
- Holy shit. I have a crack in one of my front teeth. I can't really see it, but I can feel it if I run a fingernail down my tooth. God knows how much this is going to cost.
- Counting the hours until the 3 day weekend...wishing it was tomorrow at 3:30 (assuming the higher ups let us leave early) I am SO ready for a break from this place... the woman who sits across from me.
- I watched that show Royal Pains. They're not even trying to pretend they are in the Hamptons. It's totally SoCal. And who is the lead guy related to in show biz? He's fug, not a great actor and his eye job is worse than Joe Pesce's was in My Cousin Vinnie. He must have gotten his job through connections.
- I ate a Fiber One bar for breakfast -- new flavor for me, Trail Mix. I had no idea it had 9 gm of fiber in it. Now I'm farting my brains out. My old Fiber One bar only had 5 gm fiber.
- The toads are whistling in the wet, rain soaked darkness. It's a peaceful sound.
- I got 2 hours sleep last night- no idea why. I'm turning the laptop OFF at 9am and turning the TV on for an hour. I have Nytol if I need it, but I'm going down the hot chocolate route in the hope of sleep without pills (even if they say they're herbal!)
Brain barely functioning.
- LOL 9am, Jesus I [italic]am[/italic] gone!
- I used to be bothered by the VCR which always thought the time of day was a flashing 12:00 AM. Now, every piece of electronic gear knows the exact time--to the second--right out of the box. I am no longer annoyed; I am unnerved.
- Why won't Russell Tovey be my boyfriend? Why?!?!
- I've noticed a distinct lack of threads about me recently.
I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the BOARD!
- I am watching My Favorite Martian. I haven't seen the show in 50 years. I don't think it was ever syndicated in reruns.
I can't believe how many episodes they made per season -- 37!
And it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I can ignore the canned laughter. I found it annoying as a kid, so I learned to tune it out. Bill Bixby was cute and Ray Walston sported a Caesar haircut 40 years before George Clooney.
- I require more caffeine. Please assist my procurement.
- AYB's foreskin has the most delectably virile musk.
- I went to see the Psychedelic Furs tonight. Now I'm eating leftover curry. Next, I watch an episode or two of The Fall on Netflix.
- **************HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYB!
I remembered your B-D is in the middle of June, I think b/c you bitched about "You're the One That I Want" being the #1 song on the charts on the week you were born.
- R172, thanks babe. It's on Monday. That's some memory you've got there- are you my stalker? I don't *feel* like I'm almost 35. But I am. Weird.
Currently completely obsessed with this song- specifically the middle to the end.
- I miss my Dad. My life stopped the day he died. I'll never get it back.
- Hang in there, r150. I've been in your shoes and lucked into a better situation. Here's hoping you do, too.
- I ♥ ayb, even though he's way too old for me.
- My old job finally got around to paying me about 10k in late paychecks. I used it to pay off my car and all my credit cards. I should feel happy, but my suddenly-increased, now greatly-reduced bank account is putting a damper on it.
- ekiB - dyolF kniP
- You should be elated, r177. Ridding yourself of that much debt is a great thing. Now your freed up to invest all that money for your retirement!
- I am so heartbroken right now that if I could, I'd change places with James Gandolfini.
the pain is too much to bear
- I know there's at least one other Ham radio guy on DL (with my luck, he's like most Hams...a libertarian in his 80's), and I'm braggin'. I just passed Elements 2, 3, and 4 and I'm now an Extra Class Ham.
Christ, I'm too poor for this hobby. I'll soon be begging in the street for antenna wire and old radio tubes.
- My brother is a cool ham guy, R181. His call letters are KCØRPS. He's not gay, though.
- Ciaran is that really you on the DLFB? I won't believe it until I see you post on this thread under your authenticated name confirming it- sorry, but we've had our share of trolls and I really need to know I haven't just let in a trojan twat.
Thanks in advance, doll.
- Well I'll be. I finally found a song I've been looking for for ages. It's called "Something for Nothing" (1975) by Debbie Sabusawa (great name huh?).
It's a VD awareness song. Used to have it on a 45 when it came out but one of my friends stole it back in '77-'78. They were being passed out for free somewhere. The singer's photo was on the 45's paper sleeve. She looked sorta like Yvonne Elliman or the Mazola "we called it maize" margarine woman. Anyway, it's a pretty song and here's a link where you can listen to it if you're curious.
- Hi ayb. Are you convinced yet? If you're still not sure, follow me on twitter...
- Waiting for the housekeeper to leave so I can order a pizza. WHY WON'T SHE GO HOME??
It's because my house is filthy, isn't it.
I'm so ashamed.
- Now I'm convinced, Ciaran. Thanks for confirming :)
One can never be too careful with all these awful trolls about.
Last night at my folks' we ordered a take away curry. It was overpriced, and they tried to stiff us on one of the items. But the biggest crime of all was its unrelenting blandness. Take away is getting really crap in the UK.
- The moon was blood red when it rose tonight
- The world is entering a very dangerous, very dangerous period right now. Hold on to your seats and stock up on non-perishables.
- The sheer number of hotties at the coffeehouse today is mind-numbing. Jeezus.
- Is there any nutritional value in performing analigus?
- I watched a few Shane Dawson vids on youtube and he’s funny.
I was sure he was gay, but he says he has a girlfriend. He’s overly obsessed with gays for a straight guy.
- I almost had a heart attack when I saw what I thought was the world's biggest mosquito on my slider screen. It turned out to be a Halloween Pennant dragonfly.
Small for a dragonfly. Big for a mosquito.
- I've got a great new title for every single future Hollywood movie ever made(just so they don't have to strain their brains thinking of something new): 120 Minutes of My Life I'll Never Get Back
- Not many lightning bugs on eastern Long Island this year.
Last year I saw the most lightning bugs ever.
- I'm drinking coffee and getting ready for CBS Sunday Morning. I always think of my dad when I watch it.
- And now the birds are falling all over themselves to get at the feeders and the seed on the ground. Doves, cardinals, several types of finches, bluejays, and my buddy, the Hollywood woodpecker. He has his dead pine that he goes crazy on, leaving my house alone. If you look closely at the pine, you can see perfect rings of holes around the tree where he's contentedly pecked his way to oblivion.
- How many times should one allow a "friend" to cancel plans at the last minute before taking the hint and subsequently punching & deleting said friend?
- I'm beginning to believe that "what you resist, persists" is true
- Well, the toads are screaming tonight due to nonstop deluge of rains that we've been bestowed with here in St. Pete/Tampa/Sarasota Suncoast region. It if doesn't stop raining soon we all may just float out to sea.
- r200: How is Largo doing?
r198: Some people are flakes by nature -- just depends on how well you can tolerate it. Sounds like you'd be best served by allowing it to taper off. It will take care of itself.
- Last year I bought a bunch of Cosmos seeds for 25 cents a pack at the end of summer. I sprinkled then in my side flowerbed in May and they are all blooming nicely.
- ^^Oh Papa Tooney. We've got us a Looney.
- Going up the beach today. I probably won't hang around there for hours as originally planned and there's a part of me that wants to be a grump and avoid going out in the nice weather, but I'm going to be shut away in work until the end of August baring the usual crummy short weekends, now. So I guess I don't have a choice.
- It may be sno-cone season but I'll be damned if I know where to get one.
- We've had 5 guinea fowl roving our neighborhood for almost a year now. Suddenly, there were only 4 and that very day there was an article in the local paper saying the first coyote sighting in over 100 years has been confirmed. On my block :(
- THere doesn't appear to be an All Star thread.
- just went out of the house for the first time all day to buy dinner. Mediterranean tuna salad sandwich on olive bread. the olives in the tuna salad and the bread overwhelmed the tuna, resulting in an underwhelming sandwich.
- I broke my toe.
It's turning a lovely shade of purple,
- R210, I'm going to make tuna salad tomorrow & might like to try olives in it. I've only got the green kind, stuffed with pimentos, but I think that sounds better than the black ones.
- Elevators can be so tricky...
- I love olives. Black, green, red - it doesn't matter. They are precious in my sight.
- This pic is fran-friggin-tastic. So is Sam Phillips btw.
- r212, how did your tuna and olives experiment turn out? i made roast provencal chicken from the bon a petit summer issue for dinner today. i didn't have herbes province, so i just used thyme oregano and fennel seeds instead. it was ok. now i feel like i have to find herbes provence to try it again tomorrow.
- I told myself I'd be in bed by 10:00 pm. But I've had one drink too many and now Im watching that Bar Rescue show which makes me want to make another cocktail. It's now almost midnight.
- Would you consider a job like this?
To me it sounds like the assistant could end up doing the guy's laundry and scrubbing his toilet, rather than learn about business.
And no way one can save money on a job like this. $100 a week... wtf!
[italic]Assistant needed in exchange for rent & $400 per month (Hollywood Hills)
Looking for a personal assistant that would be interested in being available throughout the day to manage my real estate affairs, cooking, cleaning, and managing my daily life.
Ideally want someone personable that enjoys helping others.
The job would pay $100 per week cash however would come with free housing in my Million dollar home in the hills with free reign of all the amenities including Jacuzzi overlooking the hills, Cable and fast WiFi, use of IPhone 4S and Laptop; and also access to a 2 story downtown Penthouse loft. All food, utilities, laundry and parking will be include with your job.
Learn how I make money if your interested on real estate or expanding your business experience; or just try something new. If you are responsible organized and willing to work hard. Would love to discuss this opportunity with you.
Please email me with a icture of yourself as well as a bit about your interest and why your interested in the position. Looking to begin this arrangement the beginning of August.
I am a single 34 year old investment banker, very social and love to entertain. Am always on the go and could you the perfect assistant to make everything run smoothly.
Please send all requested info to receive a response.
- I hate that CBS doesn't have its morning news show on Saturday mornings; I can't stand to watch the steaming pile of shit that is GMA.
- Oops. Nevermind.
- Thank goodness for the almost-August chillier evenings. Tonight, for the first time in ages, I did not sit in my lounge dripping with sweat.
- Is it a spaghetti night? Because I think it might be a spaghetti night.
- I just played 90,000-seat stadium.
And only 40 people bothered turning up!
- One of my favourite British actors told me I have great tits. :-D
- Remember when these threads didn't take so long to complete?
What is happening???
At the moment I'm overdosing on all things Frank Zappa. It occurred to me and my brother when we were talking recently that his cancer coincided with his almost becoming a Cultural Attaché in the new Czech republic and having just released "The Real Frank Zappa Book" which takes apart everything that's wrong with America, and by extension the West, very effectively.
We agreed he was probably done away with. The same year (1990) he was diagnosed was the same year the US govt. told the Czechs to cool it with him.
Just a theory of course, but I don't really believe in coincidences. Check out the part on his politics on Wikipedia. He was getting in the way of US business interests.
- OK -I'll bore you with my tale.
I've posted before (perhaps in this very thread) about my huge crush on a hot dad at my gym. He's in his 40s, devastatingly handsome, incredible shape, muscular but not steroid-y or body builder, and was always polite. Often worked out with his college-aged son.
I had seen him and his wife around town occasionally. Then in early May, Kentucky Derby party, we were both there but didn't know many people so we started talking and hit it off. Over the summer we've become friends. We've played golf together, I've met him (and sometimes his wife and other friends) for drinks/dinner. This past weekend, I went sailing with them on his in-laws boat. With him, his wife, son, daughter, and a few other friends they invited.
So there is NO chance of a hook-up. This guy is totally into his wife and family. Which ironically, makes me crush on him more - seeing how much he loves his wife and kids is heart-warming. (MARY!) And while it kills me, because I fantasize about running away with him, I value their friendship and could never do anything like that to her - she is the kindest, most generous person I've met. (Plus I can totally see why he's into her - looks fantastic, sense of humor, etc.)
So there's my story. Dreamed about this guy, now we're friends, and spending time with him is both wonderful and heart-breaking.
Maybe I should go for the son.
- It's getting to be that time to hit the Coinstar machine again. I typically net between 9-14 bucks.
- My half-Pakistani fuck buddy just left.
He's half my age and hung like a horse.
That is all.
- There has been a lot of wonderful weather this summer, but I can't bring myself to go out and enjoy it. Sometimes living in a flat really sucks.
- Then stop mooning over Diana books dreaming how a tiara would add sparkle to your visage and head down to the Heath for some cock.
- its finally dawning on me that i am overspending on cable. i rarely watch the premium channels especially in the summer. i didn't watch true blood this season, but i am sure to miss it as soon as i cut off hbo.
- I know I type like a massive queen, but I'm actually one of those types who 'pass' easily because I came out late.
It's okay, I know you don't believe me. Just meet me and you'll see.
I'm disappointingly English.
- Dumped by my fuck buddy. Fuck. Now I have to go on the prowl again.
- Time for coffee and a protein bar.
- It just seems such a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
- Somewhere, Gagabot's head is exploding...
- I should be at shul right now, observing Yom Kippur, but instead, I'm ... well, you know. I'm going later. Lest I be struck dead.
- Better struck dead than stuck fat (or ugly), r239.
I can't believe how chilly it's gotten in the last few days. And I can't fit into my jeans. Ugh.
- Glad to have the a/c off
- The other day I made a green poop. My poop has never been green. What could that mean?
- Why is it all the hot guys are the ones on meth?
- I aspirated a hot pepper yesterday and despite trying to force myself to cough, couldn't get rid of it until this morning after sleeping with my feet above my head.
- Did you eat liquorice, R242?
- [quote]Why is it all the hot guys are the ones on meth?
That's the only way they can stay thin. Either that or smoking and smoking is too damned expensive anymore.
- I meant to set my dvr to record FAMILY PLOT. I forgot to.
- Why did my fart follow me all the way up the escalator? I would have thought that I would move out of the stank zone rather quickly but, nope, it followed me all the way up.
- Stalked by a fart.
Oh, the humanity!
- On my way home from work yesterday, I tripped and fell down the last ten or so steps of the subway stairs. I got right up and felt OK, but expected to be sore in places today. I feel perfectly OK, though.
- I wish I had some weed.
This wine isn't doing what's required.
- I had a cheeseburger last night for the first time in forever. Now I'm craving one again and it's not even 10am.
- So fucking bored. I wish my fuck buddy would get his ass over here.
- I went home at lunchtime and the flood alarm in the basement was going off. It turned out one of my cats had coughed up a hairball on it.
- HA! Good kitty. I hope you took the rest of the day off, r254.
- Last night a coworker's husband saw four deer crossing the intersection of Eight Mile and Greenfield, on the border of the city of Detroit and the suburb of Southfield.
THERE ARE HERDS OF DEER LIVING IN DETROIT.
- Sure. Since a lot of the human population has moved or abandoned their houses, the wildlife will move in and take over.
Shoot the fuckers.
- I just ate a whole sleeve of gluten and sodium, by which I mean crackers. Well, there goes my last trip to the gym.
- Wish I'd been in Sydney tonight.
- Should I have potato chips? Or toast?
- Depends what you're going to put on the toast and what kind of crisps you have. One must have complete information before making such weighty decisions.
- Shampoo, 80s style.
- Okay I just watched "The Princess Bride" does anyone else in the world think this film is horribly overrated dross?
Or am I almost totally alone in that thought?
People whose film opinions I generally respect recommended it, and I've seen the quotes all over the web over the years. Thinking I was missing out, I rented it and... ehh.
I know a film is bad when I find myself going to IMDB whilst it's still playing to see if anyone agreed with me.
Where was the spoof? I was expecting something between Mel Brooks and Monty Python. It was just a sappy kid's film with some good sword fights and a few memorable lines raising the odd chuckle.
I kept waiting for it to 'grow up' and do something smart and it never came. It was like live-action Disney with some blood.
I haven't started a thread because I know it's so loved and didn't want a flame war.
*shudders a bit at thought of being vilified*
- I was looking through the Fear Finder--the free newspaper that comes out every fall advertising local haunted attractions--and found one place in Lapeer that offers the House of Horrors, the Corn Maze of Fear and the Hayride of Despair.
- I think it's kind of hilarious how they hate Halloween in the UK and are determined that no vulgar, consumer-centered American holiday be allowed to take over the precious culture.
Hayrides? Corn mazes? Pumpkin picking? Candy-apples, roast corn on the cob, eaten outdoors? Good Christ, no! We'd rather burn the guy!
- I wonder if they hate it because it is a custom originally started in Ireland, R266?
- I'd rather burn the guy, too, r266 but the fundies would be up in arms and probably try to burn ME.
In the US, we have to make sure we don't offend the religious nuts with anything that's remotely "pagan" or they scream they're being persecuted. If only.
So that's why Halloween isn't what it *should* be. Altho some of us continue to celebrate in secret the way it should be.
- God fucking help me. I had my window open because it was so hot... And I realised the heat was on. I went into the hallway and the thermostat was set at 76. I found my husband and asked him why the heat was on. He said, whilst wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, that he felt cold, so he turned the heat up.
- Is your husband at least good-looking, r269?
- He's too skinny, R270. Which is one of the reasons why he is cold. That and being underdressed for October. Hes obsessed with having the same waist he had in his 20s. But in order o have the same waist he had in his 20s, he has to be 25 lbs underweight and being underweight makes him look older.
- "Maybe it's time to stop not doing what you pretended you can do and can't, and start doing the thing that you can't do, but can no longer pretend that you can."
- I miss Jerri Blank.
- In other words, he IS dumb. And vain.
Tell him to freaking eat something and stop trying to roast you, r 271.
- Why does my front page include threads that haven't been touched for a week?
- I really like Depeche Mode's latest album.
- I just finished watching this.
King of the Hill - "Hank's Dirty Laundry" First Aired: 3/01/98. Reports of unreturned X-rated videos ruin Hank's credit rating. Guest voice Lynne Thigpen.
This ep is the one that has Peggy driving and singing Queen of Hearts by Juice Newton. Any episode that has Peggy singing is bound to be good I tell you what.
- I'm so fucking mad and I don't even know why. I think I'm going to clean or head to the gym. Fuck.
- What did Heracles' wife say when she gave him the poisoned shirt?
"Die in a Greece fire."
- I think my partner may be falling out of love with me.
If it happens, I'm not sure I'll be able to cope. I know, I should be sanguine about it all. But this was the big one, the love of my life, the relationship I never thought I'd have. And if it goes away, I will be devastated beyond words.
- I hate my brother
- I'm watching David Tennant's "Hamlet" and it's not half bad.
- [quote] I'd rather burn the guy, too, [R266] but the fundies would be up in arms and probably try to burn ME.
In the US, we have to make sure we don't offend the religious nuts with anything that's remotely "pagan" or they scream they're being persecuted. If only.
So that's why Halloween isn't what it *should* be. Altho some of us continue to celebrate in secret the way it should be.
Burning the guy has nothing to do with Halloween and isn't pagan. It's a tradition on Guy Fawkes Day to burn the guy in a bonfire. British people prefer to celebrate Guy Fawkes Day rather than Halloween. Halloween is seen as a crass, commercial American holiday where children rudely demand candy while Guy Fawkes Day is considered a good solid British holiday.
There is much disgust aimed at Halloween in the UK (Australia too) to the point where in the UK there are now signs distributed in communities for people to put on their windows indicating they do not participate in Halloween. "Trick or treating" is reviled, as "gangs of children" descend upon comfy households "demanding sweets with the threat of property damage if refused."
Fact is, American trick or treating is traced to "souring," where children were given cakes if they promised to pray for the souls of the dead relatives of people providing cakes. This was done on Nov 1, All Souls' Day, a holiday the church started to try and wipe out the pagan holiday of All Hallows' Eve. These holiday traditions are much older than Guy Fawkes Day.
- Why do you think he's falling out of love with you, r280? Talk to us.
- DL is messed up again only allowing threads from my feed watcher to show up. I don't want to delete cookies and reenter my subscription ID because it will erase everything in my feed watcher. Yawn.
- I have a cold -- the first cold I've had in years. A few days ago I went to a doctor's office to get a referral for a sleep lab study. I swear I picked up germs there. Fucking sick people spreading their diseases....
- This is me, studying. I hope my sister stays on her side of the table and keeps her nose out of my computer.
- Ok, I thought I was turning into my grandfather, who coughed and hacked every minute he was awake. (Of course, he was a chain smoker and I don't smoke, so why I would turn into him would be purely genetic, if true).
Anyway, I had thick goop pouring down the back of my throat, cutting off my oxygen supply, causing me to cough. Much goop escaped into my lungs, giving me a rattling chest cough. I sounded like a dying smoker. My throat and neck muscles hurt from coughing so much. I thought I was a goner. I wasn't sneezing or sniffling.
I went to my dentist to get my overdue teeth cleaning and warned them I had postnasal drip, so if I held up my hand, it meant I needed to cough. My dentist said her son had been suffering the same thing for a week. When I coughed, she said it was the same cough. I was so relieved! I wasn't turning into my grandfather after all!
The dentist said she took her kid to the doctor and it's some kind of weird virus going round that is all about postnasal drip.
- Thanks for posting that, R289.
I've been dealing with the same thing for the last 2 weeks.
Have tried Alka-Seltzer Plus cold, Theraflu, Mucinex, DayQuil and NyQuil and nothing is working!
I'm not going to ask my doctor for any antibiotics. I'll just muddle through until it goes away.
- This thread is 9 mos. old.
- And as such, it is now ready to be born. Hooray. I'll get the cigars.
- No one would tolerate cigars around here, R292. It'll have to be a Tic Tacs, which we can austerely suck on whilst unconvincingly feigning delight.
My life? My life! Gone all Jewish Mama on you there. Sorry about that. Yes, it's still all about how much work sucks. I am looking forward to handing in my notice on the 2nd January.
New task: let's get this thread to 600 before the end of the year. Underwhelmed is a dying tradition on the DL, like good manners, oy! You never saw such rudeness. Enough with my complaining- let's have some FUN.
- Do I continue putting cumin in my chili or not. I like it better without but ,every single recipe says " It's not really chilli without cumin" I am sad that I don't know my own mind.
- Would anyone like a Triscuit? I can also offer blackberries, strawberries, and clementines. Coffee or tea if you wish.
- My feet are feeling a tad cold. I may go hunt down my cozy little socks to keep them warm whilst I do my homework.
- It's been two weeks now and I still feel like shite. I just can't shake this cold. I was coughing so much that I pulled a muscle in my back. Unfortunately, I can't just stop and rest. Will I ever feel better again?
- I bought some canned goods to donate to a food drive we're having at work. I'd love to throw a bottle of good whiskey in there, but I don't think it would go over too well.
- i'm reading this thread on my ipad while having a bm.
- I've read every entry in this thread and still think, WTF?
- Just got back from 2 weeks in Paris and Berlin. For the first week back, I was dreaming in French, despite not speaking it since High School 35 years ago. Hurray!
- [quote]Do I continue putting cumin in my chili or not. I like it better without but ,every single recipe says " It's not really chilli without cumin" I am sad that I don't know my own mind.
If it's just for yourself, leave out the cumin and call it whatever you like. So long as it has chilies (hot peppers) in it, it's chili. If you're making it for others, add the cumin, but perhaps not as much.
- I feel like that Semi-Homemade woman we all love to hate on Food Network. I'm taking all these shortcuts at Thanksgiving this year, by tweaking the grocery store's pre-made dishes with an extra ingredient or two passing them off as my own.
I'm so naughty.
- Snarfing cashews and composing my Christmas card list. It looks like I'm only sending out eighteen personal cards this year. Probably a hundred at work. Does anyone else send out cards anymore? I usually receive ten to fifteen at home.
- You guys are my only friends. I don't know what I'd do without you. Thanks for always being here.
- We love you, too, r305. Have a good day, buddy.
- I don't even fucking know who Paul Walker is.
Fast and the Furious??? Who gives a shit?!?
- On my second glass of wine and browsing for gifts. Not a frau or a coffee mug cradler, I swear.
- Today doesn't suck as much as I thought it would. I was on vacation all last week so when the alarm went off this morning, I thought I'd be more angry.
Of course, I'm on vacation again from 12/25 - 01/01/14 so that may help.
- Just spoke to a handsome drear on Grindr with no sense of humour who was incredibly dull and lifeless, and selfish too.
Those who will take a blowjob but won't give one? You're monsters.
- Then you have me, ayb. I'd rather give and not get -- I'm good at what I do, but I find that most boys are not. In the end, it's just easier to jack off and fall asleep.
- I ordered my food online a fucking hour ago and they haven't arrived yet. Arrrgggghhhh.
- I hate my soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend. OOH!
- When did it finally arrive, R312?
- Two and a half hours later! I laughed in the guy's face and said there was no way I was accepting it.
- Unacceptable service R115! Good for you!
I ate too much chocoholic tonight, and now it's 5 am and I can't sleep.
- Finally "Can't Get Used To Losing You" by Chad and Jeremy is up on you tube.
- A friend gave me a trimmed rosemary bush today; I prefer them to Christmas trees. Now my living room smells wonderful. I hope the Christmas Mouse will soon drop by for a thimbleful of hot cocoa.
- I used to love Charlie McDermott on The Middle but they've made his character too mean. Snarky was good, cruel and hateful is not.
- I'm dreading having to take my cats to the vet tomorrow for their annual wellness visit. I'm not expecting any trouble with my female cat, but my male cat has aggressive tendencies and I'm worried he'll scratch and bite. I'm going to give him a tranq before I bring him in. I hope I can actually get him to ingest it rather then to ingeniously stash it somewhere in his mouth and then ditch it behind my back.
- I fairly certain my backdoor squirrel is dead. Haven't seen him at all today and he always is out there on the fence running back and forth throughout the day. Last night when I walked my dog I saw a dead squirrel in the parking lot down the street. It must have been him.