- Tell us again who this is, OP, before you post another 600 masturbatory posts.
- Thanks for the new thread!
- So is he out? Outed?
This is the biggest development of the story yet.
The first fully out teenage pop sensation. Sounds good to me.
- Article is still up...they also just posted one with a headline about harry pining for taylor by getting wasted on valentines day. Not sure what they're doing to be honest.
- So Alexa C is back in london and by the looks of instagram and she's with Gellz, Pixie, Aimee, Jack G etc. No sign of Grimmy yet, he may be MIA?
- Thanks for the new thread!
Just seen the Metro article, they are seriously not joking are they, oddly the only mention of Rita's lover was in a sentence without a mention of James Arthur, so could actually refer to someone else, as all of the references to him included variations on "rumoured" unlike the ones of Nick and Harry.
I had a quick read of the previous article about choosing Taylor's tract and it just says "could be hinting" so she is not normally so direct.
It doesn't seem to have had much impact on twitter or tumblr from the quick look I have had. Apparently 1D are having a meeting at the end of their rehearsal, one wonders if this will be mentioned.
- And yet these same deranged fanbois will turn around and trash the deranged Twilight twats.
- He did say he had a dinner tonight, didn't sound like just a get together with friends so I imagine he's elsewhere. Still curious about his vague tomorrow night plans too. What is going on
- Oh primetime was kind to us today...
Yeah, a lot of people seem to be taking it as a joke...which is odd to me. I mean it might be but it really isn't written that way...and surely people must consider the possibility at least of it being serious.
I'd love to know that about the meeting too, C.
- R4 - Do you mean the attached; I am losing track a little, they seem to have published so many about Harry in the last couple of days. The article itself just says that he didn't let Taylor ruin his Valentine's Day. Of course it is written by someone else. They really do need to co-ordinate themselves a little better.
- Well H is allegedly at a birthday party in Manchester tonight.
- Re R6 - Track not tract!!
- R11 how do you know this? Is someone tweeting it? Wonder if it's someone in Nick's family...
- [quote] Radio 1 DJ comfort too as he spent the most romantic day of the year without his lover Harry Styles.
[quote] Grimshaw, meanwhile, was likely to be nursing a broken heart last night as he gets ready for his One Direction lover embarking on the band’s eight-month world tour. The 28-year-old breakfast host recently spoke of his dread at being without the 19-year-old.
Pretty direct if you ask me.
- Found it: from Nick's niece Liv's twitter @olivegrimmo
- R11 Someone tweeted a picture of him. I don't think it's Nick's family, more's the pity.
- Just seen a pic of H with suit jacket on on twitter with an actress called shannon flynn who had just met him. Dont know where only he was at a posh hotel today.
- It definitely is, R14.
I forgot to say thanks for thread, OP.
- So, does that mean that Nick is at home? If that is the case and Harry is in Manchester, maybe they'll meet up around there?
- Not relevant to anything tonight by interesting convo
- His niece posted the pic 15 hours ago though and it seems like it's from a different night? No clue when nick would have been in Manc? Unless she was in London?
- R15 - She posted that photograph 15 hours ago, so not today.
There are several photographs of Harry at the party on @1Dneews, including one with a man who was with him at the studio earlier.
- What does "hen macking" mean, r20?
- R20 - I don't know; I think the fact that Caroline's assistant has a photograph of Harry and Nick kissing is rather telling! (It seriously took too long for me to translate "hen macking" back into normal typing!).
- R23 - I rather think it is a quickly, and badly, typed version of "them macking" (macking meaning kissing).
- I think she meant *them, and macking = snogging
- Can you link to that photo, C? I've seen a few from tonight but not with a man.
Thanks, R20, that's really interesting, and yeah, what it is "hen macking?"
- R23 I just googled hen macking and I'm still giggling yet. Still have no idea what it could possibly mean.
- Oh, hahahaha...there is too much going on for me to focus I guess. Thanks, C and R26.
- R27 - See attached.
- Oh, I did see that one, C. Thanks though. I may need some coffee or something to focus.
- I think Harry was smoking outside with that msn wasn't he in a pic in yorks earlier? I didn't know he did smoke.
- There is no mention of that on twitter, are you sure, R32?
- wow just caught up on that Metro article!!
- N16 what do make of all of this?
- R32 The attached is the only photograph I have seen of the two of them at the studio and I think it is the other man who is; oddly it is very difficult to tell those arm it is in the middle of the photograph.
N16 - My feelings too.
- Hi, N16 :)!!!!
- The article doesn't seem to be causing to much of a stir?! Strange?
- Thanks again, C. I don't actually see a cigarette...it just looks like Harry is waving and it is a bit of a blur. I think the person who took it would probably have mentioned if he was smoking right then.
I only wonder because of that video of him with an inhaler, which makes me doubt he'd smoke? Who knows though.
- The girl's father arranged for H to appear at the party tonight so probably a paid gig.
- LG - Not really; Friday afternoon is known to be the classic time to drop a story that you don't want to be especially talked about and the writer tagged it with James Arthur's, Rita Ora's and Nick's names but noticeable not Harry's, so it is not going to show up on anyone's google alerts.
One wonders if it was preplanned to test the waters. It seems to have come out of nowhere given their normal stories about Harry.
- Sorry maybe i was assuming he was smoking. I saw pic on FB could be a blur or cigarette and you might be right in it could be either persons hand. Just thought with him not smiling and stood in doorway.Nick has an inhaler has asthma and he smokes.
- No problem, R42. I was just curious.
- I can definitely see it as being a test, C. That is interesting about it not being tagged with Harry's name and published at this low-key time of week.
- R42 if it's the picture of him standing by the door earlier today, I saw a clearer picture, it just shows him waving, his other hand is in his pocket.
- C, the article is very odd. Repeatedly mentioning the term 'lover' and in neither a properly serious nor jokey tone?
It only went up a few hours ago. I assumed it was published at 2.59pm as written at the top of the piece but apparently not.
It does suggest they is no injunction though?
- Just noticed someone has posted a link to metro article on an old H and N thread on DS in Showbiz. Which hasn't been active since November.
- Thanks, R45.
How is it possible to tell when the article was put up?
- The pictures in the article do come up in a search of both their names at about the time mentioned
- LG - Not sure about the injunction; someone posted a link to an article about them at the near the end of the previous thread, and made the following comment:
"There is some interesting information here on "interim non-disclosure orders" : By definition they are time-restricted and it seems that for the Internet contempt proceedings are rare, as online publication is apparently not considered as serious or something because it does not have the same permanency and credibility as a newspaper publication and will not be on a database"
So I think a website, even attached to a newspaper, could get away with it.
- I'm not sure what to think of it! I don't work in showbiz or journalism/pr so I don't know how it works but it seems major to me?! Like, the metro is the free paper everyone reads on the tube in the morning - I can't understand why more people aren't mentioning it? I suppose they are assuming it to be so blatant it's a joke.
The main thing I find strange though is the word 'lover' being used so many times. I can't think of a time I've ever referred to a partner, however casual, in that way. Why not use 'partner'? or 'boyfriend'?
- Someone has now posted the Metro article on tumblr.
- I don't know what to make of it. It seems very deliberate though.
- Maybe just because of Valentine's Day, N16? It is odd though. The whole thing is, as is the lack of reaction...as if everyone is waiting for someone else to react first.
- It already was on tumblr actually, R52. That is where I saw it first a few hours ago.
- N16 - It was posted too late to make any of today's print editions and there won't be another actual print copy of the Metro until Monday and I would be very surprised if it's in that. So really it is just those who look at the website on a Friday evening, which can't be very many.
- I did a twitter search on the actual URL of the article to see how many people were talking about it and there actually aren't that many results. The oldest tweet is from 10 hours ago so the article has been up a while.
- The use of the word lover must be intentional, it's the only way they describe Harry in the whole article, whereas James Arthur is called "rumoured new man" and that they "fueled rumours that they are more than just friends". I think it is to leave absolutely no dispute in what she is saying.
- Haha, that was me, r47.
- That's possible, C. It really is so oddly deliberate.
- Haha, nice one R59 to stir it up on that thread, i'm always interested in what DS posters think actually!
- It's the most popular article on the gossip section and the third overall though, Pringle. Many people must have read it.
- It's unusual to use the same term repeatedly? You would normally vary it for interest.
- I find it more weird that the article was preceded (not directly) by articles about Harry/Taylor and followed by the same.
- ahhh thanks c - well it really has been buried then - in 5 years of reading the hard copy almost every day I've never been on the metro website. I can't see it getting much traffic at all (comparative to other news outlets) The apparent lack of reaction is very interesting. I wonder if any other site will run with it now. Doubtful, as there are no direct quotes.
- It would be hard for any other news outlet to build on this as the story is not what The Metro reported on (Ora & N consoling one another etc..) but rather the way in which they reported it?
The Metro piece itself is now the 'news'
- N16 - Yes, that's what makes me wonder if it was pre-planned, not to mention you would have to be pretty mean to out him on the day that their Comic Relief single was released otherwise.
(It also might possibly explain Nick's very strange mood this morning on his show, which even he kept commenting on; he was very hyper).
- Can someone explain to me why they would pre-plan it?
- Sorry, I mean debuted rather than released.
- R68 - Just to see the reaction on a small scale.
- I'm officially lost and have no idea what the media are doing.
- I have a hard time beleiving it could have been planned, because I can't really see 1D's PR even considering a coming out for Harry right now. That said, I think the fact that this appeared so soon after Harry's birthday supports this theory a bit (as in, waiting till he's 19 so it sounds less "scandalous").
- R71 I agree with c. I think they are trying to gage the reaction.
- Yeah, I agree, R73.
Yeah, R72, it could well be that they felt 19 sounded better than 18. Bizarre yet plausible.
- This whole thing is just so weird.
- Now the article is at the top of trending list on the main metro website/homepage.
- How do you guys think the term 'lover' is being used?
FWB? Or as in a relationship?
- The whole thing seems so inconsequential...which is really amazingly great! I think that if this was testing the waters, it couldn't have gone any better. This is what they wanted.
- I can't help but think it was meant to be taken as a joke, though; simply because "lover" is such an odd choice of word, not one you read very often in the press ...
Also the complete lack of reaction doesn't suggest to me that this is a "test gone well", more that no one else has read anything into it. I highly doubt this is testing the waters for a "coming out" at the BRITs ...
- R80 - I agree it is very odd, especially if it is preplanned; why go with the Metro? I can't imagine there will be any PDA at the Brit's either!
The strange thing is that it's written as a straight showbiz gossip piece, the quote from Nick is given as if it was serious (she cut the bit at the end about candles etc which made it obvious he was joking) and she had no need to mention Harry at all given that it's mainly about Rita Ora. I am not particularly puzzled by the use of the word "lover" I think it was the quickest way for her to make her point, but I am surprised that both the Metro and Syco etc have let the article stand. I don't suppose we will ever really understand her motivation. It's certainly not being picked up on though.
- So, is it true?
- [quote]It's certainly not being picked up on though.
It's like "The Purloined Letter".
- R83 - Indeed, it is the letter itself.
- It's really odd that there has been NO REACTION at all. Bizarre.
- Probably because Harry's name isn't in the headline
- Yeah exactly there are two names in the headline and neither are Harry OR Nick, no one would think it has anything to do with them. I did raise an eyebrow at them not tagging Harry too. The article comes up fairly low on the list after some other not-as-recent ones if you do a news search for harry styles nick grimshaw, but I doubt anyone would stumble on it if they were just interested in Harry. I'm really surprised there hadn't been more fuss on tumblr or twitter or stuff like that, but it just seems like the people who care are talking amongst themselves and the people who would freak out mostly haven't seen it.
- Yeah, probably. I'm curious if any new tweets from people in the know will turn up.
- I'm just praying ontd don't find it and provide another 200 comments about what an awful person Nick is :/
- Ugh, yes, ontd is mostly so unpleasant.
- Henry Holland's show is being livestreamed at 7pm which is exciting! Likelyhood of H/N attending?
Didn't Nick say he had something he had to be in London for at 7 on Saturday??
- Oooh, that would be great, R91!
- 1D were still in Yorkshire earlier though, have they left?
I feel sure he said 7 because he was talking about Example's Sheffield show and I remember thinking that he could probably have gone and made it back in plenty of time if he wasn't busy til the evening.
- Yeah, R95, I think it makes sense for Nick to be there...it would be great if Harry could join him, if they're back in London in time.
I have to admit, I get so used to my 3.5 hours of Nick every weekday morning that I feel a bit bereft at weekends!
- Awwwww, R97, I can imagine. He is great fun to listen to, immediately giving the day a positive start.
Where is the show being livestreamed?? Thanks!
- Henry holland website
- R99, here is Henry's tweet about the links:
- Nick did say his Sat plans were a fashion thing his friend was doing so it's almost 100% that he'll be at Henry's show.
- People on Twitter are saying the lads are still at studio in Yorkshire so its unlikely H will be back for 7pm
- Wonder if we'll get any interaction between Nick and Harry at the Brits? That would be nice!
(and thanks for the Henry Holland links btw, much appreciated)
- That's a pity, R103 :(.
- Also - Nick and Sara Cox were talking on the show when they thought the mics were still off about Nick booking a table for 12 so he likely was at Alexa's dinner thing on Friday.
- It's official, I love Aimee and Ian together!!
- N will 100% be at Henry's show - they are best buds from way back! I think it's highly doubtful H will go too though, I'm more interested in whether they will both go to the Burberry show on Monday. That's the one show I would expect to see H at, last time (amid all the CD hype) he took Tom Atkin along
- Yes R107. Called it! Lovely pair :)
- Also, forgive the overposting but I'm pretty sure this is the playlist N mentioned he was working on for his friend on Valentine's night. Ashley Williams shares an office with the Teasdales and Eve Lee, she's good friends with Alice Dellal and Pixie too.
Bit of 1D in there!
And of all 1D songs, it's THAT one.
Altogether now, "I've been playing it cooooooool"
- Haha, N16 and R111.
- R107 Cute! I asked back in one of the other threads if those two were together and no one was really sure. So you have Ian and Aimee, then possibly the loveliest couple ever in Cara and Rita and of course a chance of Nick and Harry. Are there any other of Nick's pals who can pair up?
- Doesn't it say Ashley herself made the playlist in the blurb?
- R114 it does, but I think Grim made it :) If the music she uses for her show is smilar I'll be convinced!
- I thought Ian was gay because of some comments the whole breakfast crew was making a couple of months ago after a date of his. They were teasing him about being sore/limping/exhausted and being up all night. They made a gay sex innuendo that I've totally forgot now. I remember being really surprised how blatant they were being but no one ever really commented on it. This was before people started speculating about Ian/Aimee. Maybe I just read their convo wrong, or he could be bisexual.
I thought that too, but they've also joked a lot about girls he fancies so I have no idea anymore!
- Tweet from the Henry Holland show - I have no idea who the guy is though.
- House Of Holland website seems to have crashed so there is a youtube link, doesn't seem to be any sound at the moment though.
- you can see nick and pixie sitting in the far right of this link for the henry holland show (no sound though)
- R118, if he is N's types, H clearly isn't.
- Haha this girl who is a senior fashion assistant just tweeted that nick is at the house of holland show but no harry with him, sadface. Just thought it was cute that people expect to see h in tow!
- they appear to have moved the camera up slightly, you can only see their feet now. Nick is wearing dark shoes with what looks like pink spots? might be his socks. You can see them at the edge of the frame.
- Thanks for the links, R119 and R120.
That is cute, R122!
LG there are exceptions to everyone's type I think.
- Not that I am saying there is anything there but in general.
I was going to say the same thing! I have a type, but that's not ALL I ever look at in a man. Good looking is good looking after all ;)
- R118 I did a quick google of the Derek Blasberg and he's a fashion editor.
His facebook is pretty public and it says he's in an open relationship with a woman.
- Yes, exactly and same here, R126, and sometimes I like someone pretty much the opposite of my usual type of guy.
Apparently he went on holiday with Nick and Alexa and their crowd??
- Thanks for clearing that up then, R127, haha.
- R129, Perhaps that's who N snogged on holiday then?
- No idea why L Girl is always so insistant that Harry isn't Nick's type.
Whether they're together or not - Nick likes young twinky models (which Harry classifies as) and has admitted in the past that he finds Harry attractive (pre being friends with him even)
Him and Derek are friends and if there was anything more with Derek (who I think is straight?) he would be the exception to Nick's type.
- And Nick snogged Aimee on holiday - there's a picture - so I'm guessing that's what he was referring to.
Yeah, whether he and Harry are together or not, I don't think there's any question that Nick finds him attractive and has done for a while.
- R132, some guy commented that masculine is his type (based on his last bf) and that matches HH who I read he saw for a bit (might be rubbish) and Nicolo IMO.
It's irrelevant anyway. If 1D's camp are seemingly fine with The Metro publishing articles referring to H as N's lover, that suggests to me there is no injunction and no secret relationship in need of hiding.
Unpopular opinion I know, but that's how I see it.
- Nicolo masculine? Yeah right.
And as stated, Nick has said he finds Harry attractive so it doesn't matter what Nick's type is.
1D wouldn't want articles with Harry being referred to as Nick's lover whether or not they're true. There's enough rumors already that this article should cause concern. That's what makes it so odd.
Does this mean you're actually leaving for good LG? Farewell!
- LG - It's not so much it's an unpopular opinion, it's just a slightly odd one.
One imagines the 1D camp are not "fine" with the article but do you really honestly think they are in a position to sue for libel.
I am seriously being to wonder if instead of your self-professed dislike of Caroline Flack, you do indeed want Harry to be in a relationship with her. For someone who apparently liked the idea of Nick/Harry until recently your last comment does sound rather bitter.
- R136, nope.
- LG - nothing wring with an unpopular opinion. If no one took that position we wouldn't have a thread worth debating.
For what it's worth, for the first time I am comfortable they are sleeping together without any real doubt.
Lover is a classic word used in UK media when a publication is sure of a physical relationship.(but possibly unsure of emotional tie (eg boyfriend)
They know something. Whether its a PR test or a leak I don't know
- That is an interesting differentiation, JJ. You could be onto something...at least in terms of what is known to the media. They may have to wait for either Harry or Nick to comment (that may take a while, haha) before being able to say there is an emotional relationship as well.
- Derek Balasberg is gay, he had a longterm boyfriend though I've no idea if they're still together. FB thing is likely a joke - she's probably just his hag.
Oh and the pic of Nick kissing Aimee is from 2011 if it's the one I'm thinking of.
And yes Nick made it clear he fancied H numerous times before they even became friends so I'm not sure why people are still debating that!? The argument over what Nick's type is has been done to death anyway. LG when you say stuff like you think Nicolo is masculine I really do wonder if you are on the wind up.
- are there any other forums commenting about it than Datalounge?
- Digital Spy has something
- C, sorry, I didn't mean to sound bitter. I just can't help but wonder if we are all being played? (H once said that the key to privacy was to put out lots of conflicting rumours to confuse everyone)
As for CF & H. I'm her age and have a nephew H's age. Consequently, was appalled by their 'thing'. Perhaps that's why I appear preoccupied with that angle.
JJ, you were always a bit of a sceptic if I recall? Your change of heart does sway me slightly.
- It won't let me post the link but I don't think Derek B was on their holiday this year, there's a Harpar's Bazarre article that talks about his holiday with Alexa being before that, then Alexa going away with a different group for New Year (including Nick).
- Pringle, I meant masculine in relation to H (who looks considerably younger and feminine IMO)
I don't think it's anything as cynical as being played (at least not by Nick and Harry). I think they're just getting on with their lives as they want to and mostly ignoring how it's interpreted. Neither of them strike me as people who let the media and public perception dictate how they behave, unless forced to do so by their respective jobs of course. Nick rarely comments directly on media stories about himself and Harry certainly doesn't.
- Hey LG
Never a sceptic but always have believed that in all relationships there can be layers, confusion, one way feelings and friendships with odd boundaries.
Add to this a massive media interest, a 19 year old and a group of people with conflicting interests it's hard to tell. (2 PR companies, agents, a major record label and the differing moralities of US, worldwide and UK)
In addition there's the female married DJ before CF and I was unsure.
Now though, I am sure the use of word is not accidental and I am absolutely sure there is no managerial benefit to a N/H relationship sexually (though a BFF ha huge benefits for all)
- LG - To be completely honest, I really don't think there was a thing between Harry and Caroline at all. But regardless of my opinion if you look at the similarities between the timings, and the media reporting with his relationship with Taylor with that of Caroline it really looks suspicious regardless of whether you think he is gay or not.
I don't think we are being played; N16 and I have personal accounts, there are so many random tweets of sightings etc, and many which just seem to refer to them as a couple - such as the earlier one from a fashion girl lamenting that Harry wasn't with Nick, without even mentioning yesterday's article (and lets face it, she is not going to want to lose her job over something like that, and if she is publishing lies the Metro are not going to be happy as they are not really a tabloid). And finally, why would it help for anyone to think erroneously that Nick and Harry were romantically involved; from a marketing point of view it's seriously not good for either of them.
- JJ, sorry, 'open minded' is probably more appropriate than 'sceptical'!
C, don't get me wrong, what you say sounds reasonable. There are just a few things that make it less clear cut for me.
- LG - no worries an for what it's worth I have a controversial view too.
Whilst it is hugely unlikely to me that CF an NG could both have some reality I do not discount altogether.
Stranger things have happened with my friends when we were younger.
My overriding feeling though is that were this non-famous people and instead people who were friends of friends, I wouldn't doubt they were sleeping together.
- There's now also a thread about it on Famousmales forums, r142.
- D Blasberg is gay and a horrid social climber who pimps out male models who have no recourse. He also has the professional skills of a senior newspaper editor (if we are talking about a senior in high school).
Nick is so far above that, it's not even funny.
- LG, I appreciate that the H/C was odd for you because of how you personally related to the age difference but that doesn't mean there was anything wrong with it for them, people get on differently, and I'm not really comfortable with age difference bashing. Nick is only a few years younger than C, to be fair. Your dislike of the H/C situation and of her particularly because of it being so-called inappropriate has always rubbed me the wrong way more so than your bringing her up and questioning things. It's one thing to speculate etc but let's not casually assume there was anything inappropriate about H and C having a relationship if they did.
- C, I agree about the reporter not wanting to lose her job over something like that. It might just be a tabloid but you still have to be able to back it up or at least claim it was from "sources" if you're printing outright lies, which is usually the strategy used, but this article didn't mention any sources and didn't even couch it with "alleged". Absolutely no way do I think they would sue for libel, because that would just draw more attention and let's face it more lies have been printed about H before and he's hardly commented. I'm surprised I haven't seen anything interesting between tweeted at the journalist who wrote the article, comments from others and so on.
- Thanks, R152. I'm curious whether other places will slowly start picking up on this story...
- R154 I agree. To go with the comparison anyway, Nick has a niece only a year younger than H, so. Relationships with people of the same age can obviously be different depending on the person. H surrounds himself with people older than him and seems to have a lot of genuine/equal friendships with older people, he definitely seems mature for his age, or an "old soul"
- LG - maybe its was H he snogged on holiday. I have always suspected they met up. We will never know.
- R154, you're right. It's just an opinion. But one I'm sticking to vehemently based on personal values.
- R158 I always suspected that too, especially because I noticed Nick was particularly quiet about his vacation before he left and then the first couple of days there (social media-wise). I think it's plausible to think Harry might have gone to PR for a couple days before heading to the Virgin Islands to sell "Haylor". Harry was MIA before the vacation and everyone just assumed he was with Cal, but I remember there being rumours about him in PR (and they were based on airport spottings I believe, not just speculation). Again, I could be wrong and like you said, we'll never know.
- LG - No one is against you having, and expressing, a personal opinion, what is perhaps a little tiring at times is that as soon as you see a tweet that links Nick in anyway to another person, be it someone he has known for years as a friend, someone who is straight, or in a long term relationship, or someone he apparently has just had a brief conversation with, you appear to comment that plainly he can't be involved with Harry because of his interest in this other person. It is quite normal to talk to friends, colleagues, strangers etc and even flirt with them without it in anyway being relevant to your relationship with a significant other.
For example he (according to a tweet) is going to Henry Holland's after show party, there will be a lot of models there and no doubt he will talk to a lot of them and probably be photographed with them too but this does not really mean anything more than that he, like many people in media, is sociable.
Anyway, I don't want you to feel I am getting at you, because I am not trying to, and if this sounds as if I am, my apologies, I am just not expressing myself very well, which is my problem, not yours.
- add me to the list of people who suspect Harry and Nick were together at some point during the "haylor" vacation.
- C, You're right I do sometimes do that. I guess I'm just feeling a bit disillusioned by it all and therefore a bit negative.
However, I do get slightly irritated by the people who conversely, dismiss everything that doesn't fit with the theory N&H are a couple. There needs to be a happy medium!
(But don't worry. I don't think you're getting at me)
- There is a thing called an open relationship... I could see Harry and Nick being in one... IMO
- In response to the the thing about Harry being spotted in PR - him, Cal, and Jen were spotted flying OUT of PR at the end of their trip. Which suggests the possibility that they flew into the area via PR. And since they had obviously chartered a yacht at some point they could have been anywhere before stopping in Virgin Gorda.
- Does anyone one know if 1D are done with rehearsals in Yorkshire and heading back to London?
- What was the general conclusion on this thread re the possibility of Harry being in PR before the Virgin Islands?
- I saw a tweet that 3 of 1d had come outside to meet fans about 2hrs ago inc H but not sure if that was it for today or anything further
- R165 sorry saw your post after I made my reply. Thanks for the info!
R164 An open relationship makes the most sense to me too, especially considering their schedules.
- LG - Good.
R165 - Don't think he arrived with them though, as seem I remember Cal tweeting something about their first morning there and that was after Harry was already there with Taylor.
R164 - I agree it's a possibility but given that he appears to be staying with Nick a lot, and both N16 and I were told they were a couple, along with quite a few of the tweets mentioning this it looks as if it may be something more exclusive at the moment. There have also been nothing to suggest they are actually seeing anyone else either.
- R166 I saw pictures of Niall and Louis meeting fans after rehearsals (it was quite dark) and the same girl who tweeted this also tweeted a card with all the boys signatures. She could have gotten them earlier though, all the boys took fan pics this morning/afternoon.
Also saw a rumour that the boys were staying in Yorkshire until right before the Brits (Tuesday)...no proof was provided though and newspaper articles from today said the boys have a Brit rehearsal on Monday.
- I agree that H definitely could have been in PR or seen N at some point. Considering how much he is normally tracked, there was definitely a LOT of ambiguity about his location for a few days there
- Thanks, R168. Yeah, I saw the photos but was not sure whether that meant they were done there completely.
- Thanks, R171. I read that about the Monday rehearsal too.
I agree, R172.
- C- I know people who are married and in a open relationships but they are in love with each other.. they just have an open relationship because of their jobs.. Im not saying Nick and Harry aren't a couple but an open relationship makes the most sense to me right now with both of their careers and the amount of time Harry is away.
- Open relationships are not as rare among gay couples as they are among straight couples.
- Harry was definitely outside the studio in Yorkshire taking pictures tonight
- R175 / R176 - Yes, it's impossible to tell it was just that the word "couple" is being used a lot; if their relationship was open I am not too sure how obvious it would be to as many people that they were together. I also think we would be seeing some tweets at least if they were hooking up with anyone else at the moment.
- It looks like 1D were still in Yorkshire earlier tonight. Have no idea if they are coming back to London tonight or tomorrow. They had been rumoured to be coming back yesterday but that obviously wasn't the case.
Not sure when the Brits rehearsal is for 1D, read something about that today but the article mentioned TS and H being kept apart therefore I didn't bother reading it.
On another note. I agree with whoever thought H and N possibly met up in PR. I'm of the opinion that it could have been possible.
- Looked it up a bit, Harry wasn't spotted until dinnertime on January 3 when he showed up on the Virgin Islands (That's when the first pic of him and Taylor got put up on twitter). So he was missing from the evening of NYE after the public Times Square kiss until then. Same with Taylor I believe.
- I'm glad I wasn't on my own thinking they could have met up.
- Haha. No.
Harry is one jealous kid. He is not the I-share-my-boyfriend-type.
If you haven't even found out that yet...
- Or did we think that they met up BEFORE NYE? That actually might make more sense. I'm all muddled now. Maybe both?
- Add me to the list of those who believe Harry spent soem time in PR with NG over NY. I always thought he brought the American football shirts they were all pictured in one day. Wasn't Harry spotted at a game with Cal a day or so before?
- Anyone any idea of who was playing or location and any connection with the team the shirts are for, the group were wearing?
- No idea who the shirts were for but the photo was probably aimee or nicks instagram.
- R183 - Yes, the before was also possible; just going from memory, Harry arrived in Boston early on the Saturday (he missed the earlier flight I seem to remember) and wasn't seen again until the late afternoon of the Monday (at a friend of a friend's who lived directly between Boston and New York). So he might have just got a connecting flight then.
- According to a post on instagram the shirts are st louis is that misdouri? But I wondered if they have a connection with the game H went to?
- Try to link the picture attempt number 1:
- Thanks isis. I had never thought about the shirts before.
- R182 I actually agree with you but that just makes me worry about the tour. H is going to be away for months and N can only really come visit shows so often without it looking suspicious? I mean I imagine he'll go to some UK dates and they've been hinting around the European leg enough it might happen but whereas the other boys can fly their girlfriends out when they're in NA, I doubt that's going to happen with Nick, also cause he's so damn busy too! Maybe a weekend but who knows. Either way it's a long time to go not seeing each other that's a pretty serious commitment
- The football jerseys were not from Harry. He supports the Packers and would not have purchased an opposing team's jerseys.
If he stopped by in PR it was likely after NYE not before (he seems to have been in Boston with Cal)
- oh well it was a thought...
- Tweet from someone working for Talksport radio:
- Nick, Harry, Cara and Rita are rumoured to be at Dominic Jones after party tonight. Evidence of Rita and Harry being there, don't know about Cara and Nick though. Let's hope they are all together that would be nice to see.
- R194 Above tweet was deleted sometime overnight.
It said: "Just been told by a very reliable source Harry Styles is doing Nick Grimshaw ha" in case anyone was curious.
- Nick wasn't at the party... Harry did DJ!!!
- Thanks, R196.
- I wonder if that's who N was making the playlist for, earlier this week.
- Harry apparently already left...just did his "job" and that was it :).
- Went back to see if there was any follow up to the tweet below but it got deleted:
Emma de Smith@emmadesmith
Just been told by a very reliable source Harry Styles is doing Nick Grimshaw ha 8:34 PM - 16 Feb 13
I copied and pasted it into a google doc, not sure how to post that (it looks more legit in the document though).
- I don't know if anyone follows @jrcbitch (works in TV) but she is obsessed with Harry Styles. She is forever posting cryptic tweets implying he is sleeping around, involved in some sort of scandal, is hiding some huge secret. She even seems to be implying some sort of 'thing' involving herself.
Seems a bit of an attention seeker but does come across as someone in the know.
She posted a tweet this evening claiming the biggest celeb scandal in a decade will be revealed this week. It will be interesting to see if she turns out to be right? (& whether or not it involves Styles)
- ignore previous message, thought my other message didn't go through. I was R196.
- tweet, seems more like speculation:
- tweet from what appears to be a uni student in London. The reply is just spam.
- R202 LG, did you see her previous tweets from her ask.com account (which she later deleted) about him and nick? They were a while ago I believe.
- LG... I just read her tweets... a couple weeks ago she said Harry and Nick were together and she also said Haylor was real and now she is saying Harry tried to hook up with her...?
- R202 LG: I've come across her before. She posted a lot of stuff just before Christmas about some sort of scandal if my memory serves me correctly. Which didn't really come to anything. To me she's just an attention seeker.
Thanks for explaining what the tweet said. Funny how it looks to have been deleted.
- R206, yes. Her tweets suggest she believes H has been involved with CF, NG, TS and that he is also harbouring some huge secret. Her tweets tonight are particularly interesting.
- R208, yes, she's promised scandal before and not delivered.
That's why it will be interesting to see if a big story breaks this week.
- R209 I've looked through her tweets and she seems kind of insane...not sure I would trust what she says. Her site is also really sketchy.
- Didn't someone find out that she co-runs one of those One Direction update blogs? She might have a few contacts but I think she just sources most of her information from the internet (her info that 1D was in Africa already could have easily been sourced from Ben Winston who tweeted earlier than her). And is obviously trying to start rumors about her "relationship" with Harry.
So far she's just verified every rumor - it's easy to say everything is true because then if something gets proved true then she's right. It's harder to prove something isn't true.
Haylor was obviously false and she was wrong about that but she can easily back track and say that she just meant they hooked up once or twice during the PR thing.
- I dont think u can take what she says as being serious.. she was tweeting Harry like he hooked up with her..
- Maybe he did hook up with her? He was papped following a 'mystery blond' out the back door.
It is actually possible that this thread is wrong, H is into women and not with NG.
- There's no mystery blonde in any of the photos I've seen except one who is walking with another man.
I don't understand why you're so easy to believe that a random gossip twitter that verifies every single rumor (and apparently makes up some - she's said she's hooked up with Harry before) and may run a 1D update account and has no proof they were at the party but you completely ignore tweets from verified London media accounts.
LG you're fast becoming a troll.
- 215, nope. Just irritated at the immediate dismissal of anything and everything opposing the H&N theory.
Just pointing out that you 'might' actually be wrong.
- I'm not dismissing this because it's opposes the Harry/Nick theory. I'm dismissing it because of all of the reasons I listed. The reasons you seem to ignore.
- LG- Everyone is kind of getting annoyed with u because u are willing to believe everything unless it confirms that Nick and Harry are a thing... I want to know what happened to u because u were the biggest H/N supported during Haylor and now u are becoming a troll.
- LG- you're not a secret 'Larry' shipper are you? Your theories are just as out there as theirs are regarding anything N/H. You're just looking ridiculous.
Of course there's a possibility we're wrong, but it's not looking likely at this point.
- R217, I wasn't referring to you or this info specifically. It was a general observation.
R218, my colleagues don't seem to think anything is going on. They might turn out to be wrong but as some of them have worked with NG in the past, I'm prepared to believe them.
- What exactly is people's obsession with the love life of a 19 year old teenager? At this point in his life he doesn't know who is.Do people actually think he is going to spend the rest of his life with this creepy Grimshaw fellow?
People are taking this little boy's personal life way to seriously. Perhaps this boy is just having casual relationships with boy's and girls and just having a good time.
- I must admit, LG's posts keep me entertained. I'm fairly certain she's lost the plot of late.
- R221, he might be having casual relationships with boys and girls, but at least ONE of those is that "creepy" Nick Grimshaw, to whom this thread is dedicated. You won't find many who share your "creepy" view here.
- LG, what do your colleagues think is going on? I am inclined to believe you.
- R222, I've simply changed my mind based on info from people I actually know rather than continuing to believe random tweets and online anons. Shocking.
R224, they have just said they haven't heard that anything is going on.
- Fair enough, LG. It is, let's be honest, the most likely thing.
- R221 I wouldn't exactly say Nick Grimshaw is "Creepy" like someone else said. I doubt you'll find anyone on here who will share your view.
And as for that 19 year old is concerned. Perhaps he is just having fun with both male and female. But one of those he seems to be having fun with seems to be Nick. Don't think he finds him creepy at all.
- I for once believe Harry's having fun with both Louis (on tour, because let's be honest, these two are having the most intense sexual tenssion I've ever saw) and with Nick (off tour). One thing is clear: Harry doesn't like girls. He was outed (by Nick and other friends) more times I can count.
- 228,I don't believe in Larry as relationship, but I'm convinced Harry and Louis are having fun together. There is a air of intimacy between them who make me think they are bonning each other whenever they can. But off tour I think Harry and Grimmy are definitely fucking (but nothing about them reveals they are a couple).
- [R228] Totally agree with you.
I wouldn't be surprised if he is having fun with Louis on and off tour.
I think that Louis and Harry are both gay, but not in a relationship.
Harry is just having fun with both of them.
It would explain why Louis and Nick don't really seem to like each other.
- R226, my view is H is either in a hidden relationship with a women or.. Bi, casually sleeping around with both sexes, one of which could be N.
I don't believe they're in a monogamous relationship or that there is an injunction/cover up. (I do think Haylor was nothing more than PR though)
I doubt we'll ever really know.
- Loved the weekend pics of Nick at and sfyer Henry's show.
Also, for those interested thete and interesting piece about Harry Styles and philosophy in the Independent written by Janet Street-Porte
- The reality is neither of the One Direction boys can be in a real relationship with a partner of their choice. Zayn, Louis and Harry can only publicly date women set up by their mangement. Those boy's don't look happy anymore because they can't live their on lives. Everything from how they dress to what they say is dictated by the tyrant Simon Cowell.And yes the Nick Grimshaw fellow is creepy. Just take another look at those pictures of him outside Harry's birthday party. Harry is clearly drunk and you see Grimshaw holding him up in front of the cameras while Grimshaw looks dead into the cameras knowing pictures are being taken of Harry drunk.I know you guy's are fans of his but there is something about him that is not quite right.
- I don't think Harry was drunk (yet), but even if he was the photos were sweet and there is nothing creepy about Nick.
- lg- why do you think h must be in a secret relationship with a woman or at least sleeping with women? (we of course know your thoughts on that one particular woman)... why are you convinced it couldn't be a relationship with a man? (rather than nick).
the shear number of tweets (i have a screencap folder of 100+ now) from unconnected individuals in positions to know who have no reason to lie and don't think their tweets are going to be searched for leaves me pretty convinced something has at least happened. do you really think that these ongoing rumours are being spread to protect a relationship with a woman?
i'm personally not sure of what exactly n/h's relationship is. i'm pretty convinced they are at least sleeping with/have slept with each other though.
- I need to know the truth! I am about to have a nervous breakdown worrying about Nick and Harry. Why can't they just let the cat out of the bag. Don't they realize how we, the fans, feel? One Direction is the most important band of the last 50 years and has the most loyal following of any act EVER! They need to be honest with us and not keep us in a state of panic worrying over this. I can't even concentrate on school or my job because I am worrying myself sick about what's really going on. They need to just come clean.
- Cute article about H at the Dominic Jones after party. Apparently N was supposed to make an appearance and have a DJ battle with H but had to have an early night. H also talks about their friendship.
- Very cute, R237.
- Awww that is a nice article about Harry. The press seem to have lightened up on him lately, or is it just me mellowing?!
- R236, I'm with you. No sleep in days. I cried myself to sleep Thursday night. I am a wreck. Harry and Nick need to shit or get off the pot. Let us know. I, for one, am frantic with worry.
- Metro has an amusing slant on yesterday's party. I don't know why they're saying he left at 3:30 am when those there said he left before one...
- I'm sorry but N and H don't need to tell anyone anything. It's their business.
- And what is Harry supposed to say? "Ladyes and gentlemen, I announce you that i'm fucking Louis Tomlinson on tour and Nick Grimmy Grimshaw off tour"? Good luck expecting that from him!
- My parents told me I need to get counseling over my 1D obsession. LOL. I can't help it. They are the hottest most gorgeous men who ever stalked the planet. They are so nice, sweet and loveable. My every waking thought is on them. I dream about them at night. My mom says it's not normal to be obsessed about celebs. I think it is normal. I am going through exactly the same thing, no sleep, worry, fatigue, anxiety. I'm a wreck over the personal lives of total strangers (even though I feel closer to them than family). My ex dropped me because he said I cared more about people Ii would never meet than I did about him. He was right. Harry and Grimmy are my life.
- R239 there have been more positive stories about him but I suspect that might be due to an increased focus on Taylor and the antics of Zayn?
I agree that I don't think N or H will ever say anything about it. Both are notoriously tight lipped about things they want to keep hidden. I don't think it's fair on either of them to expect such statements.
- 244, your parents are totally right, if you are so invested in Harry/Grimmy as a couple I'm afraid you will be disapointed. They don't look like a couple, maybe fwb type of friends. Harry seems also interested in his bandmate Louis and these two look like they were/are intimate (all the signs are there).
- I would eat the corn and peanuts out of Harry and Louis' shite. Then I would eat the shite itself. There have never been sexier men on this world. I just know all five of them have huge penises. I want to bend them over after a great concert show and tongue out their poop holes all night long. I worship these men.
- I actually am considering counseling. I think about Harry and Louis constantly. I can't sleep due to worry about whether they are happy or wondering if their relationship will work out in the long run. I think I need help. I can't function at school and my parents are about to ban everything related to One Direction from the house. I am 19, I think they are going overbored.
- I'm 99% sold on Harry and Nick being together, but I really don't think Harry and Louis have anything going on. At most, I believe they might have fooled around in the past, but the "sexual tension" between them is the same between all the boys in the band. If you look at the "larry" tag on tumblr with a bunch of slowed down gifs and cleverly edited footage, you might think there's something there. In fact, if you go to every pairing's tag on tumblr you might end up thinking they're all real. I did believe for while there was something more between H and L, but then I went and look at the actual footage and pictures of them interacting with each other and with the other boys and the only thing that's clear to me, is that 1D is just five boys who are distinctly close and who are not shy about showing physical affection to each other.
- R233 If Nick was so creepy I don't think Harry's mother and sister would be so friendly with him, do you? He is well liked by his colleagues and indeed by most people who meet him. Either you are a Moyles fan, a Larry shipper or are homophobic and don't like the fact that Harry Styles has gay mates.
- Well this thread has taken a very weird detour. Can we please get back on topic?
- There has never been a sexier, more manly stud than Harry Styles. He is THE SUPREME BEING of all times. The greatest body on any man on this planet or any other. I want to suck his 10" cock.
- Lovely and amusing trolls R251. I quite like trolls most times but only if they are witty.
- 0.5/10 on the troll-o-meter. God, I miss the subtle trolls of yesteryear.
- Actually lovely trolls. Why do you feel annoyed by a thread which has a short title and is very easily passed by? Wlso if you read some of the thread there are a few on here who are only really interested in NG who is openly gay and is known for having lot of celeb pals including Harry Styles. He is interesting for who he hangs out with and as a person in his own right.
- I am 23, so I am quite a bit older than One Directions demographic, but, for the life of me, I cannot see why people are so obsessed with them. There is not one member of that band that I would call attractive. Not one of them looks more than 11 years old.
- I for one don't see any sexual tension between Harry and Nick. Please, if someone have pictures or videos who show they are in love and cannot wait to jump one another, please post them. But there must be something with them, otherwise I don't think they will spend so much time with each oter, so they must be in a FWB type of relationship.
- The Burberry Prorsum fashion show starts in half an hour. I wonder if N & H will be there like last year? It seems that H's sister is going to be there as she mentioned it on her twitter.
- None of you ipocrite people didn't give a fuck about Nick Grimshaw apart of his relationship with Harry. Nobody was interested in who he was, who he dates and so on. He is interesting only because he may be fucking Harry. I asure you, he will disapear the second Harry will find some younger and hotter man to tumble.
- R259 Nick has been on the scene way longer than Harry Styles and will still be around long after HS has gone by the by. I think it is you who needs to find out the truth of the situation.
- It's hilarious today, love the trolls and angry 1D fans calling us 'ipocrites'.
Nick is probably one of the trolls.
- Doesn't look like he's at Burberry this year - I wondered whether he might attend Tom Ford tonight, instead? Would be a shame if he didn't go to one show. There's still tomorrow though (I think tomorrow's the last day, is that correct?).
People need to not take the trolls so seriously! If you're going to have nearly 20 threads on two people, you have to take the ribbing that comes with it.
- Harry's sister Gemma is at burberry but it doesn't look like he is there. Nick was at the Happy Ashley show (the friend he did the playlist for) with Pixie.
- Nick was a nobody before outside UK. Now he is known and "famous" because of Harry, this is the truth.
- I don't think Nick cares either way if he is famous outside the UK
- Famous amongst a small sector of 1D fans outside of the UK is different to actually being famous outside of the UK - he'd never get reported on singularly or for the sake of himself, and barely does because of Harry anyway. He gets reported on in the UK because he's a household name.
He does nothing in the US, having his name known over there (or most other countries) doesn't really have any impact, positive or negative. Listeners elsewhere don't get counted because they're not license payers.
- Nick's not even famous outside of the UK except for a horde of fangirls who keep tabs on him because he's a ~threat to their precious LARRY or want to see him boning Harry Styles.
Most casual American 1D fans (and don't get it twisted, MOST 1D fans are casual fans, contrary to tumblr and twitter's crap) don't even know who he is.
- Grimmy is a fucking ugly piece of shite. I don't believe for one second that Harry is letting Nick up his shithole. No fucking way!
- oh gosh, how did you idiots even get here?
- if your losing sleep and totally obsessed with 1D then you maybe should get some help. Someone also said 1D are the most important band in the last 50 years which is either a joke or the words of an insane person, i hope the former.
as for Nick seems like a fun and nice guy and is seemimgly fucking Harry
- On the night of Harry's birthday. The photographer who took pics described the photos as great photos of Nick hugging Harry and didn't make a claim it was because he was drunk. He wasnt drunk when they were taken.
- R270 they're just trolling. Badly.
- the girl harry followed out was billie jd porter apparently and was all over him that night. she is a well known teenage journo. maybe jrcbitch is her alias as she is also journo and seems immature? If so, maybe they did hook up or at least that's what the jrcbitch person wants people to believe?!?
- R273 did you get that info about her "all over him" from that comment on the daily mail article?
- I only saw photos of someone following Harry out and he took a taxi alone as the metro article I posted article amusingly described.
- Oh god Billie JD Porter is the most irritating, pretentious stuck up "I'm too indie for you" person, I hope harry has better rate than THAT!
- I would love to see video of harry, louis and grimmy taking greasy farty shits. are the any videos online like that? I want to see their poo-holes and kiss their arses. i want to smell their smelly feces.
- Oh, oops, I just noticed the photo in the metro article and another "blonde" not that he actually left with either.
- I leave you all alone for 5 minutes .... honestly!
can someone let me know when its past their bedtimes as I am quite interested that the talksport tweet was deleted. Strikes me as amateur panicking journo.
Metro article re:lover dropped then suddenly they get to talk to Harry direct. Maybe a coincidence.
I am becoming more suspicious rather than less and imagine there is every possibility that IF they are seeing each other they are deliberately staying out of the way and regrouping whilst working out how to handle everything.
Alternatively, of course, they could have fallen out or broken up, these things do happen........
- What do you mean by "Metro article re:lover dropped then suddenly they get to talk to Harry direct," JJ?
- R279 Doubt they fell out/ broke up (if they are indeed together) judging from Nick's giggly attitude when One Direction and Harry were mentioned on the show today.
They were a question on showquizness today- question being "what have 1D been told to tone down by their management" with the answer being "womanizing". There was lots of dead air and stifled laughter when they were mentioned, especially when a caller made a comment on how you "only really think about Harry when you think of 1D". Matt Fincham cut in to say something along the lines of "Nick, after you" and then there was more dead air and Nick giggling and changing the subject.
Another caller brought up Nick going on tour with One Direction, which was also met with giggles.
- Oh dear, seems that there are a lot of people with their knickers in a knot today. Angry 1D fans and trolls. Oh the joy. I especially like my new Favourite word of the day. 'ipocrites'.
JJ I agree they may be staying out of each others way, regrouping. Going to ground for a while.
I hope they haven't fallen out.
- [r280] My mistake, got a bit over excited but I think Grazia is the one with direct quotes not Metro so nothing suspicious
- The Metro article's still there, JJ. Can't you see it anymore?
- No problem, JJ, thanks for explaining.
- I think it is highly likely that after the Metro outing it has been suggested that they don't go out of their way to be seen together in public. They probably will be at the Brits, but then it would be odd if they weren't.
lots / R281 - The third question on Showquizness this morning was highly amusing (I am still amazed that they have not had any real problems with callers mentioning Harry and Nick on air) and certainly did nothing to dispell from the fact that they are a couple.
The Grazia interview which was linked to earlier was only from last night and given that Harry was saying that he wanted Nick to help him with his DJ'ing (I love the fact that he chose the one hobby Nick could openly be seen helping him with; what better excuse to be together publicly) so I don't any there has been any chance of a falling out, just perhaps a little prudence.
- I'm wondering why Harry didn't go to the Burberry show today, he always attend their show. I undestand the 1D boys had a free day today. Niall just twitted they play playstation and eat chicken cooked by Liam. Of course I don't know if Harry is with the other 4 boys right now, he may be with Nick who knows.
- I agree, C.
R287, someone suggested he might go to the Tom Ford show...that would be nice and maybe Nick could join him...that's all wishful thinking at this point though.
- Just had a listen of the show this morning. Nick was on great form. Yes agreed I think we discount a break up for the moment, judgin by the amount of hilarity (IF they are together)
Seems like normal service is resumed.
- R287 I'm not surprised he didn't go the Burbery show, the boys had at least some time off yesterday (as Louis was at the Topshop show with his gf, Liam was apparently at the zoo and Niall was hanging out with his hairdresser-though was later song writing with a member of the vaccines)and with the Brits and their tour right around the corner I assume they are extremely busy rehearsing.
I think they just had a break to eat and play playstation, but I am very skeptical that they had the day off (or enough time for Harry to go to the fashion show).
Nick was at his friend Ashley's fashion show, though I have yet to see any pics.
- I don't see any fall out between Harry and Nick. When they are together we normaly see them (Harry's two days very public birthday anyone?) or hear about them (usually Nick, his friends and fans who spott them inform us on twitter). When they are together we know. But Harry was in Yorkshire for more than a week, is normal we didn't hear about them. What caution, what hiding, Harry and Nick are a very open talking from what I saw. And imo they are not in an exclusive relationship, they seems more like FWB.
- I appreciate it was a big weekend for Nick but its unlike him to cancel on someone, in my view. The supposed DJ battle last night became a one man affair and I could imagine a deliberate attempt to calm things with the printed press.
From what limited amount I have heard from this am's breakfast show, Nick was attempting, at least a little to slow the H and 1d references but Showbot struck.
FYI I imagine showbot to be at least somewhat prepped the working day before.
- R291 - Not too sure how you would know if they were spending time at their own or friend's houses, but regardless of that, given that one presumes they don't generally go out of their way to be seen getting off in public one wonders how people know that they are in private unless they do obviously appear to be a couple.
For me, it's tweets like the attached which really don't go along with FWB idea.
- I heard Billie JD Porter was fucking a guy from the band Peace - think he's in some of those pics with her, both behind H? I thought it was odd H was at the Dom Jones party without any of his 'scenester' pals but makes sense he was supposed to DJ alongside N. How cute would that have been?
- JJ - Yes, Matt Fincham was away this weekend, so it would have been Friday (and before the Metro article). To be fair though, there wouldn't have really been too much of a mention of Harry had it not been for the caller insisting it was "all about Harry" and I'm guessing they seriously weren't expecting him to say that!
- Thanks for always clearing up those rumours for us, N16 and yeah it would have been adorable...a pity it didn't happen :(.
- C, Iwouldn't put so much faith in a word of some friend of a stranger. I like to make my own opinion based on what I see. And I'm sorry, Harry and Nick don't look like a couple, like two people in love. They remind me of Harry and Ed Sheeran, two very good friends who like to have a laugh and to spend time together. Maybe H/N had/have sex, but definitely they are not a couple.
- R297 - In my case I also have the word of my close friend's work colleague/friend who works at times with Nick, so I have a little more to go on.
- Apoloigies for the semi related nature of this:
This is an interesting one. Elsewhere on datalounge is a thread about sleeping with famous people. A guy from the UK just posted that his male friend slept with James Corden a couple of times when they were younger.
Puts such a great new spin on his whole One Direction and NG adoration eh?
- I would pay good money to see Grimmy fist-fucking Harry, all the way up to the shoulder. Whilst pulling on Harry nubby willy.
- Nick said on the show today that there was a celebrity in the studio with him. He said that's why they were worried when Tina said the cameras flashed on for a minute.
He then went on to say that it was a duo but had just mentioned it being one person a few times before he said it was a duo.
Any idea who it could have been? Harry? If they were supposed to DJ together and Nick dropped because of the article and Harry left soon after the DJ set was done then it would make sense for him to go to Nick's after. Plus he said his friend said it was alright if he wore the same shirt from the night before.
- @JJ I must admit I was beginning to think something along the same lines about JC. Haven't any evidence just a gut feeling. Probably totally wrong.
- Not sure if it's true but 1D were supposed to have rehearsals for the Brits today. Perhaps that's why H didn't show up at the Burberry show.
I missed Nick's show this morning. Have to listen to it back.
- 1D have cancelled all public performances for the rest of the week. All five of them and Nick Grimmy have been stricken with explosive diarrhea and will not be leaving the loo until the plot thickens, so to speak. If you are truly a fan, please send tissue and moistened wipes so they can wipe their arses.
- MyDaily accounts Harry being very pally with Dominic Jones ('playfighting' she calls it); I think he's friends with a few more fashion people and not through Nick. Isn't he sort of friends with the head of the fashion council? I'm sure he's close to people other than the band, Ed and Nick's friends, without needing them as a connection.
I've never got a vibe off of JC ... And he's obviously happily married now. Suppose it might well be true though.
Also think if Nick really didn't want Matt/Showbot talking about something, then it wouldn't come up.
- R302 He pings like crazy for me and has a history of David Walliams-esque gay-baiting.
I just always assumed it was a wanting to be like the popular/cool kids with him. (Not a massive fan of his personality, just personal taste from the way he presents himself but I think he is a fabulous actor and writer)
- Well, Nick has said that he had asked Matt not to ask Haylor question three times, but they still came up.
Here are a couple of photos of Harry with Dominic Jones:
- Showbot brought up 1D, but it was the caller who mentioned Harry and literally said they should talk abut him and how it was "all about Harry". To me, it sounded like he was clearly doing it on purpose just to mess with Nick.
- Harry is a great singer and all that, but I feel he suits the fashion world/scene so well!
- R308 I didn't really get the impression the caller brought it up to mess with Nick, more commenting on the fact that Harry is indeed the most popular of the band and is in the press far more frequently. If I remember correctly he said something along the lines of "well it's all about Harry isn't it".
- Agreed lots. To the rest of the world (ie redtop readers) I think the media appears obsessed with him and it's a bemusement.
- That's what I mean - I don't think Matt would have done the questions if Nick had quite seriously told him he was uncomfortable with it, to the point where it would upset or annoy him. It wouldn't make for good radio. Nick always seems a good sport about it. I know that people have gone off him a bit recently, but he is Nick's friend and I doubt he'd ever push anything that far - no further than Nick pushes things with everyone else.
I had hoped Harry might be at Tom Ford, but it seems not. Is there anyone he's likely to take time out to see tomorrow? I suppose if they're rehearsing it's not possible.
- 1D mangement clearly wants to sell Harry and all this womanizing circus began with the fake story of Caroline Flack. And didn't really stopped for more than a year. Everything is a big mediatic circus. Come on, Harry slept with 410 women in a year? He date everything that moves: Rita, Cara, Emily, his childhood friends, the stripper etc. It is such a big lie.
- I definitely agree R313. It's ridiculous, and yet people believe it all. The management/PR people really did a good job selling this one. People go in a frenzy if H is even in a room with another girl. I had never really heard of 1D until the Flack story hit and the subsequent womaniser stories. It has people young and older paying attention to the band.
I'm not sure if 1D would have ever really hit the fame that they did without selling that sort of media image. I really think that 1D is much more about the image and the relationships than the music.
- Their music is shit. They can't play instruments, write songs or even sing very well.
It's all about image but that's how it is now, they are in the papers every day.
- I've been following this thread for a while without posting, and I've seen posts about Nick and Harry meeting each other respective families for dinner/tea (not Christmas) and was wondering if anyone actually had evidence for this? Never seen any and am curious.
- Harry was with Nick and his mum at dinner and a fashion show last year. There are lots of photos of that.
Harry was also at Nick's for Christmas and Nick himself mentioned Harry meeting his dad (indirectly) before the Christmas before last.
There is a photo of Nick with Harry's mum and I'm sure he's met Gemma...someone was saying she was in the background of some of Harry's birthday photos.
- Oh, I missed part of your post there, I'm sorry...I'm not sure what the evidence of the tea part is.
- Hey lots - mostly by following instagram and twitter accounts of Nick and his friends. For example Nicks mate Aimee posted a pic at his parents house on Christmas day of them preparing sandwiches and h's tattoos are clearly identifiable.
There are some tumblr accounts that document all the history. Some of it is indisputable, some is pretty obvious and some of it is wild speculation.
- R317 R318 Yeah I've seen the pics of him at the fashion show with Nick's mum last year but was wondering if there were any pics/tweets of them in a restaurant.
I assume the photo of Nick and Anne you're talking about is the one from Huw's stag-I've only really seen that one.
That's fine, thanks for answering anyway:)
- So the girl Harry left with, via a back entrance, was the same girl seen all over him all night and people are convinced it was nothing? They even look shifty in the pap shots and no doubt took separate cabs as they were spotted.
Call me a 'troll' all you want but it looks pretty obvious to me.
- You're welcome, R320 :).
- Sorry, R20 was me.
R319 Yeah, seen some of those tumblr accounts but never a detailed documentation of their history; mostly just tinhatting. Will have a look though, thanks.
I did see that photo from Christmas that Aimee posted, was surprised she did if I'm honest. I assumed she thought that the small bit of hand we could see wouldn't be able to be linked to Harry.
- LG - Well at least you know he's not with Caroline Flack. You should be ecstatic.
- LG - N16 named the girl, and commented that you can see her boyfriend with her in some of the photographs as well, a couple of pages back, so maybe not quite what you think...
lots - I remember tweets about Nick and Harry being in a restaurant with his brother/sister in law in the late spring as well, as well a separate ones about the pair of them with Nick's parents (all in London). I don't remember any photographs but quite a few random tweets rather than just update accounts.
From what has been tweeted today Harry's mother is in London at the moment along with his sister.
- R324, would rather H was with N but yep, happy to see anything that quashes my CF theory.
- Oh, she is, C? Maybe they're there for the Brits and the start of the tour or is it too early you think?
- R321 Are you talking about the DJ? Or Billie JD Porter? What evidence have we seen that she was "all over him" besides comment in a daily mail online article? Not really good enough if that's the only proof there is.
I thought you were set on him secretly seeing CF?
Might be of interest, but Billie JD Porter is friends with Sam Teasdale, and she posted a picture of her on instagram today. I feel like you'll take that as "confirmation" LG but I'm skeptical.
- LG: Well I have seen pictures of H leaving the venue last night. Seen the picture where some girl is holding the door open for him. Another where a girl is behind him and you can just see another guy walking beside her. Another where some drunk man jumped into the papped pics, (which looked quite funny actually) another where another man was walking behind H and the last one I saw was the one where H was in the taxi alone.
But hey, I'm not saying he didn't hook up with some random girl. I just never seen any evidence of it.
- LG - Why wouldn't Nick and Harry quash your CF theory? After all the fact that Harry is gay (or at least dating a man) pretty well negates any chance of him dating Caroline doesn't it?
- R325 Thanks c, I assumed there must have been tweets somewhere along the line but never saw any links to them. I don't doubt they did, from tweets it is clear they are all close.
R327 I saw a lot of speculation that they are in town for the Brits and opening show on Saturday. Liam Crowe, Gemma's boyfriend, tweeted about being in London for the week for her and was arranging a meetup with Harry's cousins/family friends that he got linked to in the press (the one that sells cars and has been pictured hanging out with Nick as well).
- Thanks, lots. I would expect them all to be there for both the Brits and opening show(s)!
- Lots: not set on anything so willing to change my mind on CF if there is reason to. H seemingly hooking up with other girls is good reason IMO.
I saw N16's post but someone saw this girl 'all over' H (not going to ignore them just because they read a DM article) Also she appeared to leave without a bf and through a back entrance. She is no celeb so why the need other than to avoid being seen leaving with H.
Yes, it's possible they are just friends through ST but it looked like a classic hook up to me.
- R33 In the pics I saw, which I'll try to find links to, she can be seen walking with another guy behind H. How do we have any proof it was a back entrance? There are pictures of Harry leaving directly from the building so paps were clearly waiting, wasn't exactly a secret back exit. Why would she want to avoid being seen with H? Many reasons, not sure why you're asking this.
I don't mean to poke holes in everything you're saying, and of course he could have been hooking up with her, but it's all very weak evidence.
- LG.. U are willing to believe some source that said they saw the girl all over Harry but ur not willing to believe people who put their names to it saying they have seen Harry and Nick all over each other.. I dont know what going on in ur mind but it makes no sense.
- I think it is a little strange that N didn't DJ with H after all there were several tweets before the event saying they would both be attending. I didn't know about the joint DJing till the article by Grazia. Obviously H's explanation of getting up early would have always been the case. So it appears something made N not do the DJing last night.
- Eve certainly seems to still be in a relationship. Simmer down, LG.
- LG is trolling again...
Why take tiny, isolated snippets about a possible hook-up and spin them into a new conflicting theory unless you get a kick out of it?
We may take tiny snippets, but the vast amount of them is how we build our picture.
- To be fair, LG I think you may be trolling with that comment, I have just read the article and comments and this is the full line :
"Mystery woman is Billie JD Porter. She was all over Harry last night but he just seemed a bit embarrassed to be honest."
So perhaps not someone he was going home with.
In addition the Daily Mail describe Nick as "the main man in his life" which for DM is really quite a statement (I still have no idea where there dislike of him comes from), and four of the comments reference this (with added LOLS).
I've attached it in case anyone actually wants to read it.
- Re R339 - "their" not "there" (pedantic, I'm sorry).
- Thank you, C, for giving us the full story.
- C, I just don't share your level of certainty unfortuantly.
R329, if she was papped leaving with her bf or another male, then obviously i'd look at it differently.
R335, simply trying to remain open-minded. I posted earlier that I think H might be bi & sleeping around with both women and men (one of which could be N) The gossipy tweets and comments like the one you mention about H&N are why I think that. It doesn't mean I can't believe that there are other possibilities too.
- I find this funny, Its George Barnett (Pixies boyfriend) in to days Burberry Show!! The birthday shirt!
- The fact that he was embarrassed also fits with the article saying he had to switch tables a few times because he was being "chased" by women, C.
- L Girl, I would take your opinions more seriously if you didn't completely believe everything printed in the daily mail. or the comments below the daily mail. You flat out refuse to believe tweets or anything linking Harry to Nick at this point, yet you'll happily believe the shit posted in the mail/sun/mirror and even worse, believe the comments of those posting below. Complete double standards. You cannot take those any more seriously than a tweet. Its frankly annoying. You also, for example, took the view that as far as you were concerned the fact Caroline went to Harry's bday party as proof they were still together. Yet you dismiss every single time Harry and Nick are together as any kind of proof. Again, double standards. This is what annoys people. Bring in your differing views, but you cannot double standard the 'evidence' people bring to the Harry and Nick table. and thats what you are doing. I'm willing to bet if Harry and Nick left by the back door and in separate cabs a la yesterday, you would says its cos they are 'just mates', they happened to leave at the same time and were going to separate houses.
- Ha, I was just about to post about the birthday shirt! I saw a women in the female show in a brown heart shirt and thought, wait, that looks familiar! And then I had a peek at the mens and there it was :) I thought I read that it was his mums shirt!? People make up such crap!
- LG - It's not to do with sharing my level of certainty; I would not expect you, or anyone else, to (apart from N16 who is in a similar position). It is about jumping on every photograph of Harry with a woman/girl who is not obviously a fan and immediately posting that he is plainly involved with them. (And in a thread about Nick rather than Harry).
There have been no tweets or comments or anything else that links him to anyone but Nick (we will discount Louis for the sake of this conversation as that is different) for months. Given how "tweet-happy" everyone is how would this possibly be the case given that girls even tweet when Harry has kissed their friends on the cheek or met him in a Starbucks.
- That Billie JD Porter is known for getting around with all the famous 'hipsters' if you will, i'm not surprised if she was trying to 'woo' Harry, glad to hear that he apparently wasn't interested.
- LG, snooped the awful 1DSuperhumans for you...linked are the photos of Billie JD Porter being papped in the back of the Harry pics with another guy.
- and another:
- Isis: Please leave me alone. I'm not interested in any more of your unpleasantness.
R337, we weren't talking about Eve.
C, if 'trolling' means to upset? Then that's not my intention. I'm just interested in working it out and if posting 'controversial' views as part of that is going to result in constant 'troll' insult, then so be it. I think I'll survive.
I just don't think it's as straight forward as others do.
- R351 - Not everything is a convoluted conspiracy theory! It is straightforward in my opinion.
1. Harry is with Nick
2. Both are single and playing the field (with whatever sex(s) they're interested in.
If you want to discuss alternate theories about who Harry might be hooking up with then there's plenty of threads for that. I for one don't come here for that. I come for a bit of gossip about Harry and Nick together - what the truth is, or whether we're all succumbing to confirmation bias, doesn't matter to me as it doesn't exactly affect my life at all.
- 3. Harry is with Louis
- I wasn't talking to you LG, just a general comment to the thread.
Not interested in you or your made up stories.
- Lots: thanks. That pic does change my view.
R345, by all means, have your say but please read my posts first. I've never said CF' attendance at H's bd meant they were together? In fact, I'm pretty sure i didn't mention it all as I was trying to avoid discussing her?! As for the H&N tweets, please read R342. You'll see I mention them as reason I agree H might be sleeping with N. Thanks.
- Isis: I've offered to prove I'm being truthful. You're just not prepared to be proven wrong.
- LG - I think the problem was that you reported the comment as that the girl was
"seen all over him all night"
whereas the actual full comment was
"She was all over Harry last night but he just seemed a bit embarrassed to be honest"
which rather has the opposite meaning, and you did this just to make your point. In this case it's not putting out a "controversial" view, it's putting out a willfully incorrect one.
To be fair, I am not truly sure of your motives, so trolling might not be quite the correct word; I just don't really know what is.
- People have memories LG, you might not have mentioned CF today, but you certainly have mentioned her before and one of your previous theories was that CF&HS were in a secret relationship and that all the NG/HS speculation was to cover it up.
All based on your opinion and with no supporting evidence.
- Feel free to prove your truth LG, but I don't think you can or will, you never have before.
As I have said before you are making everything up.
If I wasn't bored I wouldn't be replying now!
- C, fair point re my lack I accuracy in that instance.
I have no agenda. I'm just questioning by nature and want to work it out. However, I do get frustrated when everything apposing H&N is ignored when maybe it shouldn't be and that may come out in my posts.
- Isis, tell me how to and I will.
- LG - Well I suppose "lacking accuracy" is one way of putting it!!
I don't think anyone minds your questioning, a lot of other people are as well, but I am unsure of what the "everything opposing" (rather than apposing? as in against rather than next to?) Nick and Harry is. I am not aware of anything which as been seen to actually show that they are not together; apart of course from PR stories in the press, and even then, when they could, they slipped in comments about Nick.
Your only comments so far about your colleagues are that they hadn't heard anything, which just tells us that they are either unwilling to comment or just don't know, not that they have proof that it's untrue.
- C, and this is not just because I agree with you, you write really logical and articulate posts. I enjoy reading them.
- LG, you often refer to newspaper comments as reasoning. and dismiss all the tweets. If I had time, I'd go back and find them. I'm also fairly certain at some point you mentioned 'case closed' about Flack and Harry due to her attendance at something with Harry recently, and that it had convinced you. You say you have reasons but you'll never explain them other than 'things in the press' which none of us have ever seen or your colleagues. I understand people want to keep fairly secretive about their work on here, but N16, C and others have given as much 'proof' as they can or at least stories from their colleagues. You have said none, other than you believe them. What theories do they have that you are so insistent on?
- Agreed 363 - you're post are very logical C, you explain what I can't write down so well..!
- R363 - (thank you).
- I find it very odd that L Girl, who once so staunchly defended the Nick and Harry theory with the many tweets from "media insiders" and "people who would know", now takes her lead from Daily Mail commenters. If this was just about what you'd heard from your colleagues re: Flack then I would understand; however, it seems like you have suddenly turned to believe about every woman Harry is linked to by the press. Stories which, in the past, you readily dismissed. You also fail to hear or see the full story before you jump in the deep end saying it's most likely a hook up.
Each to their own, but your turn around is fairly astounding.
Personally I'll wait until there is clear proof Harry is with anyone, before saying it's "case closed" or whatever. Male or female. Right now evidence points most clearly to Nick. I thought his comment to Grazia about it not being "weird" was actually very defensive; but that could be defensive of any form of relationship which is being questioned quite like theirs.
And quite frankly I don't think there is any clear or overwhelming proof that he is seeing any woman at all right now. Billie, Caroline, Eve ... There is no woman, other than the very clearly platonic Lou (or Sam), his old school friends or his mother and sister who he has been spotted with. And he is spotted almost anywhere he goes - especially when it's with a girl/woman. I find it hard to believe he could be successfully hiding a relationship.
As many have said, he may also simply be single. And possibly not even playing the field.
- LG actually knows for a FACT that Nick and Harry are dating, but she's been coming into the DL threads to misdirect.
Because LG is actually Nick Grimshaw.
- Found a "masterpost" of a sort from tumblr, quite interesting actually. Recommend people have a look, it looks like their friendship escalated quickly and they met each other's families early on.
- R368 Haha wouldn't that be great!
To add to my previous comment, it's no wonder he's defensive - just seen a tweet saying Nick is a "pa*do" for hanging out with Harry. Ridiculous and inaccurate; offensive; libelous really. It's shameful that people can make this accusations on such a public forum, when they are clearly so uneducated and being almost wilfully ignorant. I also think it's very disrespectful to actual victims of sexual abuse, but that's another discussion, really.
When people have these reactions, in the current social climate (read: the BBC's current social situation), is it any wonder that a couple with an age difference where one is younger would feel the need to hide? The implications on Harry's career aside, I imagine that IF something is happening, it would be incredibly precarious for Nick to be open about it.
A real shame, when for many straight couples with the same or larger age gap; or for any couple where theage gap is the same (or greater), but the younger is just that bit older; you don't get this kind of prejudice or name calling.
I think even just one year for Harry would make a difference, but he's in a situation where many people still see him as the baby-faced little boy who auditioned for X Factor, or the young looking seventeen year old who alledgedly slept with Flack. (And I have never felt that their age difference is really an issue, more that I don't like the woman and don't see how they are compatible; they seem like very different people, different interests, different social set.)
- Because I knew nothing about N or H before I stumbled on the early October threads in Datalounge - I spent a few evenings watching YouTube vids of the progression of 1D as a group on The X Factor from 2010-11(?). There was a silly filler scenario of young Harry and a bevy of women (contestants?) on the show who ALL thought they were 'dating' Harry. Boy, was he in trouble.
I am so sure that he is tired of being papped and written about with whoever he is standing by or exiting a building in camera viewfinder range. If there was, in fact, a request by their management to all 1D members to tone down the womanizing, I think he is more than willing to follow that and is probably relieved after the last couple of years of media gossip of him and women.
If he was changing tables to escape attention of admirers and being 'embarrassed' by anyone 'hanging all over him' then he is trying to limit this media attention.
- C, yes I meant 'apposing'
To be clear, I have no 'proof' of anything and have never claimed to. If I had, I wouldn't still be discussing the subject. All I have is personal interpretation of info available to all and a chat with colleagues who claim to have heard nothing (That's all I mean when I refer to 'evidence' it's not something I can prove)
Clearly, the above is not enough to conclude anything. Even if I think I'm sure of something (CF) something else will come along and change my mind. My general uncertainty on this subject means it takes very little to sway me so i react quickly (maybe too quickly)
That said, since xmas, I've noticed a number of things (all mentioned before) that have lead me to question H&N in terms of a relationship. Consequently, I most likely pick up on things that confirm that view (albeit subconsciously) as that's where my head is on the subject.
I'm not asking anyone else to agree with me. It's just my view, take it of leave it.
- R372 LG, I'm interested in what specific things you've noticed since Christmas. If they are in regards to doubting H/N then it is perfectly relevant to this thread.
- looks like Harry is at the pre-Brits Muse party tonight with Rita Ora and Will.i.am...wonder if Nick's there
not sure if this link to the image will work:
- Lots - just go back through thread Part 5 and you'll find her posts. Nobody wants to have to sit through them again.
- R375 will do ahaha
- Lots: I was about to suggest the same thing. I'm as bored of writing repetitive, defensive posts as R375 & co are of reading them.
- Harry. Rita and Cara tonight!
- Just to be 100% clear, that guy in the pics is defs Harry (a different one!) from Peace, and he's dating Billie.
- what does everyone think of these pics? does anyone know the guys in them? I swear I saw the blonde one somewhere before...
- well the Sun is already doing what LG is...Gordon Smart is also the one that gets exclusives from One Direction's management team (for ghana, the tour etc.) and has been photographed with the boys on a few occasions.
- Gordon Smart knows where the money is. He's always writing articles about Harry/various girl and then squeezing in articles that hint at Harry/Nick. Seemed like he was too busy insinuating Cara/Rita in this article to bother with Harry/Nick though.
- R380 Thats David Gardner he is friends with Nick! I think he is a sports agent! Its the David Nick always talks about on his show.
- Thanks R383 ! Still don't know who the blonde guy is but I found where I recognized him from...this picture on Rita Ora's Instagram from yesterday:
- Ok, I need a moment to fangirl over how adorable Cara and Rita are. I hope it's true they're together because they make a gorgeous couple.
- "Well, if Cara's taken! Harry Styles moves on from Delevingne... by flirting with her best pal and 'wifey' Rita Ora at War Child Brit Awards concert"
- Lots: that's because rightly not wrongly, it's an obvious assumption to make if your believe H is into girls which I do.
- N and H get a mention and there is an old photo in this Daily Mail article. Earlier N mentioned the article in a paper but did not mention himself.
- It's one thing to believe H is into girls, but that still doesn't make it reasonable to assume that he can't leave the house without hooking up with someone, even if they're leaving an event with another guy behind him and all pictures show him leaving alone. Personally that's what I have the biggest problem with, how big this whole "womanizer" thing has blown up despite numerous people saying it's not really like that. I mean the article about Rita for gods sake, they've been friends for months. Like Cara herself pointed out its unfortunate that H really can't seem to have any female friends or even breathe in the presence of a girl without tabloids running stories on how she's his latest "conquest". And that's gross.
- R367, I don't believe everything the rags report in relation to H and girls. I was one of the few on this thread that maintained, throughout Haylor, that it was tabloid rubbish and have never wavered from that. Also, I have used DM comments, tabloid articles etc.. as 'evidence' for H&N as well as for other theories. I've never changed the way I've looked at all this, just my conclusions.
At the end of the day this is just a gossip forum about whether 2 celebs are shagging. Who cares if I've changed my mind. It's hardly important.
- That's it: I don't believe for one second in a superinjunction concerning Harry and Nick, and those jurnalists or media people who insist with this shit are obviously lying shameleslly. Everybody in the media is talking about H/N, who have ton of articles about them, are papped every time they step outside together and we must believe they are under some kind of superinjunction?
- R388 - Yes, it is slightly odd; given that the second highest comment at the moment is "I dont think Harry and Nick is a bromance" and the newspaper's comment yesterday that Nick was Harry's "main man" one wonders if they are trying to make some kind of point....!
- R391 - If there is an injunction it will be to stop the press outing them as a couple, not to stop them photographing them in a social setting, and with the exception of the online Metro (and online publications appear to be currently safe from legal ramifications) no one has actually has said anything definite.
- Thank you, c.
- C/R392, I bet you don't get 'told off' for taking notice of DM comments..
- LG, maybe it's because we're sick of your boring, repetitive, endless crap, your Caroline Flack obsession, and your constant need to link Harry to ANYONE he's ever papped with (instead of the person we KNOW he's been spending time with public and privately for well over a year) or even rumored to have been in the same room with for more than a few seconds.
That might go a long way to why we don't take you, your mysterious coworkers, the "evidence" you have but never produce, or your comments seriously on this thread for even a second.
- LG - To be fair my comment was obviously jokey whilst yours was purposely misquoting in order to make your point; not the same.
- There's a difference between going "haha look at this DM comment" and "OH MY GOSH A COMMENT ON DM SAYS THAT HARRY WAS WITH A GIRL, CLEARLY HE AND NICK ARE NOTHING MORE THAN FRIENDS AND HE'S BEEN SNEAKING THROUGH HIS SECRET TUNNELS TO GO SEE CAROLINE~"
- C, I would have to look into UK law more to be sure but generally online publications can definitely be subject to the same legal ramifications as print publications. They could be charged with libel over anything printed and I would imagine they're definitely subject to injunctions as well. The bit from that article about injunctions that said it was harder to hold online stuff accountable was referring more to stuff like Twitter, or online users spreading information (possibly anonymously) but an actual news source would still be expected to follow injunctions rules, as far as I know. Although that just surprises me more because I definitely would have thought there was an injunction around them from the way papers were behaving and the numerous references to it. I suppose it's possible the metro broke the injunction but they could definitely be held liable if that's the case. What's interesting in this case is that the parties involved may not want to charge or say anything because it would draw attention they don't want. Alternatively the Metro might have thought that the as revenue they'd get from hits (it was their top viewed story that day after all) would be worth whatever fallout they might incur, but I don't know enough to compare that.
- Yeah, I agree, R399. I don't think websites that are part of well-known mainstream media can get away with breaking a n injunction. So either there isn't/wasn't one or it has lapsed.
As for libel, they must be really sure of themselves and as you said "management" making a fuss about it would draw attention to it, particularly if it is in fact true and they can't actually sue.
- C, I did not misquote on purpose.
R396, get your facts straight. I've ignored many 'womanising' stories. I was one of the ONLY ones who dismissed Hayor from the start and never bought into Cara.. That doesn't fit with your critisism though so I guess you're ignoring that. As for your other criticisms, I've answered them all a million times before. I'm not bothering from now on.
Half the posts on here supporing H&N are illogical, steeped in confirmation bias and tin-hatting and in some cases, are just plain crazy. However, I respect their poster's right to an opinion and ignore them. I certainly don't care enough to respond with hostile posts demanding they justify their views. Bizarre.
Still by all means, continue if that's your 'thing'
- LG - Really this is the last I am going to say anything about this, although plainly you are welcome to comment as much as you like, but your quote was
" the same girl seen all over him all night"
which was taking from your reading of the newspaper comments.
The actual quote was
" She was all over Harry last night but he just seemed a bit embarrassed to be honest"
Now either you stopped reading when you had the information you wanted to make your point; a touch lazy perhaps, or you cut the quote to suit your purposes.
This has nothing to do with your, or my, opinions on the matter, it is just making misleading comments to fuel your own agenda.
- LG - I am going to make one further comment, because having reread what I have posted above it does seem somewhat harsh. Whilst I do feel what I am saying stands, I could have phrased it more kindly, and I don't want to bully you, or anyone else, with my comments, so my apologies for that.
- c your comments are not bully, merely pointing out LG's manipulation of the text to suit her opinion.
We are all free to express our opinions and question there basis.
- C, as I said in R372, I most likely pick up on what reflects my current view. But this is a subconscious thing. Not a deliberate attempt to mislead. I'm as as susceptible to 'confirmation basis' as the next person. I've been pretty honest about that (although as I'd like H&N to be together, this is perhaps confirmation bias in reverse if such a thing exists)
You've never come across as a bully.
Sugarscape are saying Harry gets linked to anyone and anything.
"Harry Styles has only just stopped being papped out with Taylor Swift, so it was only a matter of time before he was linked with a new girl, boy, or inanimate object (seriously, we're going for a lamp in around.... June?)."
I though it was funny they say a lamp.
- Haha, that is funny, R406. It's nice of the media to have some self-awareness every now and then!
- Also interesting that they even refer to him being "linked" with boys
- Definitely interesting, R408.
- My minimal legal knowledge:
Injunctions have to be vey specific about what they can and cannot include. For example they may be restricted from publishing pics within 100m of their homes or using language that implies a physical relationship. It will be for a fixed period and could be applied for a renewal with different restrictions.
All media could be prosecuted but ultimately it's the fear of litigation that restricts printed press. Most websites have no money so aren't as worried and the PR of sueing a member of general public (eg twitter outing) would be disastrous.
Super injunctions restrict people from reporting on the existance of any injunction.
This tends to only restrict professional media as people oh find out about a super-j when they infringe it. So the person with injunction can decide if it's worth telling a publication or not.
Every paper has a legal department and is likely if there were a injunction in place - articles will have to be Pre-checked for infringement.
Can any journos let me know if this is correct?
Despite all this I doubt one is in place. Too messy and even withiut one press will still be fearful of implying something that can't be proven. Being a couple or in a relationship can't be proven. They need a snogging pic or similar (see portia de Rossi outing)
- So if is not any superinjunction in place, can we say those tweets claiming it is one are bulshitt, and in fact maybe all this Harry and Grimmy are a couple OMG!!!" may be a big lie? I don't think Harry wants to come out right not, he is under contract to looks straight. I think Grimmy is trolling us, like the morning he instagrammed a photo of him with a unknown male in bed, very well knowing the fans will think of Harry. Even if we later find out that Harry was in Ghana in that particular day. Or the instagramed photo of Grimmy with his legs on someone knees, who supposed was Harry (even if the unknown legs were too thick or short to be H and we know that evening he spent his time with Teasdales).
- R411, I don't know about super injunctions at all to say anything on that.
But I don't think that N or H are going to make up rumours about something like that when it's so clear what the majority of the public think. There are so many p*edo comments, etc. and making up a relationship like this is certainly not going to help anyones career.
N probably doesn't care that much about what people think about what he instagrams.
- I think it is possible that there was an injunction at some point or people were told there was one to try and prevent them from saying anything.
The idea that someone from Nick or Harry's circle, including them, is spreading this for fun is just not logical. Not everyone who has said they know that Harry and Nick are together has said anything about an injunction...in fact very few have.
I mean even C said the person saying there was an injunction was not that certain of it.
I think the media would be reluctant to out Harry/them as a couple regardless and metro really is an exception for whatever reason.
- O,I don't believe for a second Nick didn't know what people will think when he took those pictures. He is too smart, I don't think we should suspect him of naivete. He is a very good friend of Harry, I don't think he will encourage such speculation of a relationship if it is real. He will keep his mouth shut (because he is known to be a very private guy about his romantic life) and be discret about them. I think Nick use this as publicity, this ambiguity is good for him and his show (they share the same PR team after all).
- R414, 411, I don't think N posted those pics to deliberately 'troll' but I would agree with the rest of your posts. It was those pics that started the doubt in my mind re H&N.
- And don't forget the instagramed picture on Christmas day at Nick's house whith just some arms who conveniently displayed "Things I can't" tattoo of Harry. It was Aimee who took the photo but I bet with Nick's approval.
- I don't think at this point Nick is at all playing that card, maye sometimes on the radio but I am doubtful he is being purposely ambiguous with his Instagram photos. I don't think he is that obsessed with what we're all speculating on and is just doing what he wants (within reason).
- LOLLLLLLL, Nick is a very practical person, he wants his show to succeed, of course he wants to be in papers, to be talked, so his frienship with Harry is a big help. Bonus the ambiguity of a romantic involvement.
- Given that R411/R414/R416 used the line
"I don't think Harry wants to come out right not, he is under contract to looks straight."
I think it is entirely possible that they are a Larry shipper, and not perhaps someone who has an interest in Nick at all.....
- The rumors of an injunction could have just been an easy way to explain "nothing big will make it to the press" without going into detail about the relationship between tabloids and PR teams or the fincial incentive of posting continuous Harry/Girl articles versus one BIG time story of Harry/Nick or the tricky legal/moral issue of outing someone in the press (you'd need facts and pics)
The instagram pics in bed could easily have just been friends (even if it was Harry they could still just be friendly) and as stated before: the legs aren't actually too thick or short and Harry easily could have met up with Sam after. I'm not saying that it is Harry just that it's possible.
- Could it be possible that Harry's pr team have asked/persuaded the media not to run any big 'shock horror Harry's gay' stories but not said anything about quietly mentioning/suggesting things, so as to slowly let more people catch on so he can come out of the closet without too much fuss?
Meanwhile they can continue to run all their womaniser stories and cash in on that, win win situation really
- I think that is possible, R421.
- So if I point some strange things in the whole ""Harry /Nick are lovers" picture I'm a Larry shipper. Good one, C. This is what you preach in your blog also?
- C, I am talking about your blog, harrick tumblr.
- R424, Is this a wind up?
- Of course.
- R426 - I'm glad you are aware your comments are a "wind-up", and no, I am not Harrick (in fact I don't have a twitter or a tumblr account).
My comment that it was "entirely possible" that you were "Larry shipper" was based on the fact that you apparently, from your comments, believe that Harry is gay but are seemingly rather against him having a relationship with Nick. Now, obviously, since you have put me right, I can tell you don't believe in Louis and Harry's' mutual adoration, but you can see it was an easy mistake to make.
- Well I suppose make of these pictures what you will. However, I would say that for someone with a boyfriend she's very forward. Then again, in a loud club setting, you're going to lean close into someone to talk. I wonder if they've just met, for how she's touching him? Perhaps not, if, as someone says, she's friends with Sam T. People seemed very adamant she's taken though.
- anyone BUT billie JD porter jesus christ, would prefer t swift
- Yeah, she does seem forward, if we go by those photos and by the comment about her being all over him. It may all be quite innocent though, maybe it was loud here as you say and she's tactile. Anyway, yeah, both N16 and the media are reporting she has a boyfriend, so a big fuss over nothing.
- Haha, R429...is she that annoying?
- So according to tumblr, Audrey Kitching tweeted this then deleted it. For those who don't know her she used to be MySpace queen, used to date Brendon Urie from Panic! at the disco.. Takes me back...
- R431 I don't know what it is about her but i've had a strong dislike towards her since she was on that "joys of teen sex" programme, acts superior to everyone around her. Anyway!
- In all but one of those pictures it merely looks like Harry is leaning in to talk to her/listen to what she has to say. The first one is more 'suspect' as he has his hands on her waist.
- R433 I feel the same way and I know we're not alone. I tend to find a lot of young, pretentious and "avant garde" or "quirky" journos very irritating though. It's probably jealousy.
- I think that is just because she is leaning in, R434.
R432, that is interesting, thank you! Why are people deleting their tweets now, I'm curious.
R431, haha, okay. I know nothing about her, but anyway, as you said.
- That should have been R433, not R431 of course.
- C, you know, till Christmas I believed Harry and Nick were having sex (as fwb or a couple). But the obvious publicity of their relationship, the misleading instagramed photos, the very public display of their friendship on those two days of birthday party, the innuendos and the countinuously mention of Harry by Nick in his show, and many other things, make me to reconsider my thinking. What really shocked me is H/N very suspiciuos behaviour on bday party; when drunk you don't have many inhibitions,they didn't show any kind of intimacy normal for two people fucking (and there are about 1 thousand photos from that day).
- What is up with the DM and their friendly articles about Harry and interesting focus:
I like it, though I don't trust them to keep it up.
- Oh R438 you reminded me of all my sensible doubts. :)
My concen was the risk that they may do something while pissed.
Others on here reassured me it was probably that they had a couple of friends briefed to keep an eye but that seems far fetched?
- Hmm, see I think if you were Harry Styles, you would still be careful when drunk in a public place. Or he at least was surrounded by slightly less drunk people who were watching out for him. Nick being one of them. I think the hug pics we have from them are as close as we'll ever see them, friends or more, and was fuelled by alcohol, I doubt they'd have hugged otherwise in view of paps or certainly hidden paps as the photos are from a distance. I can quite imagine Harry being pulled back from Nick by friends Being reminded. If they are indeed together.
- Haven't seen this posted yet - some speculation about H/N:
- Actually the headline was not very friendly...oh well, can't expect too much.
JJ, I don't think it's far-fetched. I actually don't think Nick was drunk though to be honest. I think it was only Harry, so Nick would have made sure to be careful, even if Harry didn't.
- Nick is having a Pre-Brit party tonight, Rita, Jessie Ware etc are attending...
- Am I the only person who thinks the girl in the hand on waist pic isn't Porter? Could be a random hookup, or a friend or whatever. I still think he's primarily with N!
These tweets are from Billie's bf - think that pretty much clears that up. I try not to bad mouth people, but I really can't stand her, I bet she'll do nothing but encourage these rumours!
- R438, that's my view (better articulated) Add to that the Lycett comment left in a prerecorded BBC show (usually edited) and it starts to look sus IMO.
- Just out of curiosity N16, have you ever bumped into Billie around London?
- R438 - Fair enough. I don't really agree with you over the instagram photos. The one with the ring was posted when Nick knew it was obvious Harry was in Africa, the one with the "legs" really could be any of his friends as there is nothing really identifiable about the other person and the one taken at Christmas was posted by Aimee and not him.
As to the birthday photographs, the early ones show them hugging when they are sober, but there is nothing to really indicate that Nick was actually drunk that evening. By the time Harry was, he was being "wrangled" by Theo and being kept away from Nick; although apparently according to an eye-witness at the time he was making a rush for the car which Nick was in when the minder grabbed him.
I don't think Nick has increased his actual mentions of Harry; all of those recently have been made initially by someone else, and he certainly is not making any innuendo about him; that's all down to the papers, and neither of them have any control over them.
I think the difference is that they have both largely been in London for the last month or so which was not the case for the last couple of months of 2012, especially when Harry was tied up with Haylor, and have just been seeing each other more often. After the week in the summer when they were together constantly, this has been positively restrained; particularly during the last couple of days when Nick has cancelled his planned appearences at events Harry has attended.
- I think it is her, N16, just with different hair, so maybe the photos are not from the last few days? I'm not sure though.
Thanks for the boyfriend tweets link.
Thanks for the link, R442. That was quite interesting!
Harry needs to turn up then, R444!
- R447 yeah I've met her here and there, never really spoken though, she's a fair bit younger than me and in with all those Vice idiots. Not my cuppa tea!
- LG - ITV2 might be a touch hurt to be called BBC!
- C, my mistake. I thought it was from Never Mind The Buzzcocks?
- LG - No! It was Celebrity Juice.
- Actually it was Celeb Juice, if i recall. I don't know why it wasn't edited out though. N is friends with both F Cotton and the host.
- Celeb Juice is fuelled by jokes, innuendoes and banter. Nobody takes anything said on that programme seriously.
- LG - Don't think Fearn Cotton would have any editorial control over that, but it was noticeable that although Joe was sat next to her we didn't see her reaction on camera; which was unusual. And as to Keith Lemmon; given that he started a conversation with Nick about Harry when he was on the breakfast show, I think he would just find it funny.
- Well Porter just denied the girl was her:
- Haha, well good for her then, R457!
I guess it was just a random girl or a friend who looked similar enough and it went well with the story from the day before.
Ugh at the media sometimes.
- C, I know Cotton would have no influence but thought she might have given N a heads so he could try and get it removed. I guess that might have looked suspicious in itself though.
- *heads up
- What did Lycett say?
- I think we're talking about when he replied in response to the question along the lines of "who "is the the latest conquest/woman of harry styles" with "nick grimshaw" ?
- R442 Thanks for that. Rather less "close to the bone" and "subtle" and more "oi-we reckon theres something going on. Tell us please"
Of course if we really want an answer (I mean really) it would require a twitter campaign to get the article noticed and into the public awareness and force either a response or a removal.
I have a deep suspicion that HS will never state an outright lie.
- I agree on both counts, JJ.
- Thank you, r462.
- Looking at the pictures again properly, I don't even think he was wearing that jumper that night? Strange also that there was that DM comment made about her and then suddenly they linked her to him with some random photos. Hope they're not using their comments as their sources, that would be a new low ...
- What pics are u talking about? I looked at the article and I only saw on picture..
- Yeah, he wasn't, R466, they seem to be from some other random night. The girl also seems to be wearing a jacket/coat in some of them, so it looks like she is actually leaving and telling Harry goodbye or something, because he doesn't look like he is leaving.
- Any more info on this supposed pre-Brits party that Nick is hosting?
- I'd love to know more, too, lots!
- I knew it wasn't her! And now Heat have changed the article and removed the pics of the other girl. I think (whoever she is) they are talking over the noise in the bar and possibly kissing/hugging goodbye.
The article speculating over H and N is interesting but tbh I think there'll always be rumblings about them and they'll never admit it until 1D is over, or they break up, or if they stay together for years and decide to get married etc. Think the last option is completely unlikely but I'm not one for doom and gloom :)
- Yup, you were right, N16, I was wrong, haha.
I agree that the photos were harmless but suited Heat's purposes quite well.
The N/H speculation was interesting...it's progress for sure that gossip sites are actually saying things like that.
Awwww, I'm all for your non-doom and non-gloom attitude.
- Maybe not a full on injunction, but it is noteworthy that the only articles speculating on h/n have been on American websites. Unless the British rags have more respect for not outing celebs? Like I've said before I signed off, I think at the very least there is a "gentleman's agreement" with the British press to not report on it. (This even covers that metro article, which was definitely taken as a joke by most people and h/n weren't the focus or headline of the piece anyway)
- It's also worth noting that while the government are debating the Leveson Report the press are very unlikely to do anything which could be seen as unethical.
- The celeb Juice question was Who is the latest woman to fall for Harry Styles' charms? Nick was listening and tweeted Joe Lycett immediately after the question.
- Yeah I remember, he called him a "bitch". Quite funny.
- Also nothing that dodgy about the Celeb Juice comment. Absolutely in the mood of the show and NG has been vocal on his 1D crush.
Far more weird for me was Russell Howards well-documented speculation on the oddity of the relationship and the way the press covered his comments
The Sun and Gordon Smart was the originator I think with the Mail and Now covering his comments (as did many others and the online world too)
- I think Harry's comment the other day about how there was nothing "weird" about his relationship with Nick and how they were both "equally stupid" or something had a lot to do with that Russel Howard article. To me it sounded like he was referring to the criticism over the age gap, like he was trying to say they were both equals.
- JJ - Oh yes, although to be fair to Russell Howard, the comments were made on Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre podcast which doesn't exactly have a huge number of listeners, so I don't think he himself was expecting his comments to be picked up upon.
Gordon Smart on the other hand would have had to have taken notes from the audio as there is no published script, so he was seriously seeking out specific material.
R478 - Yes, I agree, it did sound as if he was emphasizing that they were equals; which is understandable however one views their "friendship".
- Sorry, R479, was me.
- Anyone else getting the feeling that NG is a real life troll?
- Ok, whatever, Nick.
- Right-I quit. The British gossip press are not even interested in what the actual story is.
They are in a symbiotic relationship with all the celebs to put as many famous names in headlines as possible, in order to get more web hits.
IT seems the truth is utterly irrelevant as long as someone wants to read the story.
Im not saying this below isnt true. Im saying that ALL the articles cannot be true as they all contriadict each other. And noone cares.
Just like the Leveson enquiry wont actually do anything (everyone stopped caring there too)
Truth is, the public want to believe a glam exciting lifestyle and would rather that the truth and the press are happy to oblige.
FFS GB sort your crap out.
Sorry. Rant Over.
- Haha, JJ, I've been waiting for this for a while and kept wondering why the press never went there! Soooooo ridiculous. Don't let it get to you though.
- I was thinking the exact same thing this morning, JJ. Plain circus. I kind of feel bad for Harry, sure it gets him press but everything around him is just ridiculous. I think, ironically, sugarscape got it right when they said Harry's being linked to girls, boys and objects at the moment. To me, the only story with actual substance is a possible relationship with Nick Grimshaw. Other than that, it's all just pseudo journalism turned trolling.
- I agree, R486.
- Whilst Im a fan of these two (I am I promise-even get up early on occasion to listen to R1), I have no sympathy and I cannot stand how the press is effectively allowing these games as it makes for webhits. (This is true of all the celeb fodder)
They are both actively (and quite within their rights) courting this fame, the Instagram, twitter, radio mentions, the fashion week, the Public birthday parties. All of it.
Both have reputations for being really good guys but that doesnt mean they aren't ferociously ambitious.
I doubt its that calculated but it absolutely is intentional to court this much press. NOw they just have to work out how close they can sail to the edge before backing off.
The reason I am interested is that unlike most media staged relationships this has an element of real and an element of smarter than the average celeb about it.
My frustration is that the press dont seem to be interested in finding out the real story. (on any of these people)
- I'm starting to believe Harry and Nick are very good friends, because nothing about their behaviour towards each other reveal any kind of intimacy. Is a very good friendship, but not different than Harry and Ed Sheraan, or Harry and Louis. Grimmy knows about speculation and like to feed them, no harm and more publicity. Look how often he is in papers now, and all because of Harry.
- R489, N's profile has risen because he has the top radio broadcasting job in the UK.
You cannot attribute it all to his association with a boyband member.
- Sorry R489 I dont agree at all.
Nick is providing credible access to Londons fashion and Primorse Hill set.
He may not have been massively famous pre-breakfast show but he is incredibly well connected.
HIs closest friends include some incredibly big hitters in the London social scene.
Just to reiterate, I do like these two and don't think there is anything wrong with ambition at all, but there are benefits for both.
- JJ please tell me what is the diference between Harry/Ed or Harry/Louis friendship and Harry/Nick to consider the last one a romantic relationship. Harry lived with both Ed and Louis, are often seen with them (with Louis is practically every day). The diference should be something special, and air of intimacy between them, and I cannot find this in Harry and Nick right now, even if all the media in London tweet about them.
- Harry and Louis have been seen together practically every day~?
No. Not when 1D's not in rehearsals or doing shows or promo.
When Harry's at work, he's seen with his coworkers. When Harry's at home? He's with Nick Grimshaw or the Teasdales.
We see Harry and Louis together at 1D sponsored media events- and that's IT and has been for nearly a year, soz.
- 493, are you joking or trolling? Harry and Louis lived together for more than a year, their mothers considers themselves mutualmommies(read their tweets from yesterday), all Harry's family was to Louis's very private birthday party, I asure you they are very good friends, not only coworkers.
- They lived together for over a year- over a year ago.
There's been silence outside of 1D events since that time.
- This thread isn't about Harry and Louis, oh god, this is going to go on for ages. Harry spends a lot of his time with Nick, including staying over at Nick's, and Louis is spending a lot of time with his girlfriend. I'm sure they're still very close friends, but they've definitely made the decision to not be as public with their friendship after the rumors got out of control, so it's impossible to know how much time they spend together when they aren't with Nick/Eleanor, so this discussion can really only go in circles.
But yeah, it's pretty clear that Harry spends a lot more of his time time with Nick than Louis or Ed/anyone else that was mentioned, and they've definitely settled into various domestic behaviour which is why some people do think they might be more than FWB and an actual relationship. IMO, Nick's involvement in Harry's bday, and even their tactile behaviour there, did seem a lot more couple-y than friends.
- R492 "air of intimacy" really? We are watching their relationship, whatever it may be, play out mostly from photographs and tweets. Not sure what you exactly expect, it's not like they are on a television programme and we can analyze every word and stare.
- The short article from earlier has been extended. Of interest to those of you who believe Nick and Harry are in a relationship.
- "When Harry's at home he is with Nick", sorry but you made me laugh. How many times was Harry with Nick in the last two months? Where was Harry yesterday, and the day before? You know for sure he was with Nick? Please don't troll. And for your information, Harry lived with Louis till September 2012, so more than a year.
- I hate to bring up "larry" shippers, but that is exactly why I'm tired of them. They keep vehemently throwing all this "evidence" like it's completely irrefutable. And yeah, I agree, Harry and Louis seemed very close, they lived together, their mothers are friends. But that was a year ago. They're never seen socializing outside of work. They don't live together, and they don't seem to have similar interests at the moment. And well, when it comes to families Harry's and Nick's know each other very well, Harry's mom and sister seem to love Nick, and Harry spent christmas with Nick at Nick's parents' house. Their families are clearly involved in their friendship/relationship/whatever.
- HI R492
FIrstly, I have no interest at all in other relationships of Harry so its very difficult for me to say the differences. This is not meant disrespectfully , I just have minimal info.
What I am certain of is that for me, (and I cant talk for anyone else) I hvae no interest in looking for an "air" of romance/intimacy as I think that tends to be the realms of tumblr gifs and classic McFly gaybaiting and also sometimes unconsummated relationships (see most great screen couplings and the tension that goes once they were known to be physical together)
I will concede though that nothing particularly in their conversations on radio seems to convey a sense of intimacy and that were they together in May, Call or Delete is a very odd thing to do to a friend"
However, I have the word of two friends of friends working in press now that the press believe they are sleeping together (though one does not speculate whether he is gay particularly and think its more a "try everything" phase)
I think they're abnormally close to each others families, family and lives to be friends for adults (BUT concede Nick is like that with lots of people and Harry is young and in a big city and clearly "collects" friends all over)
But mostly, I studied history for 15 years and like to think I know a little about source evaluation and research. Some of the tweets are relevant. Some of the newspapers use of words is deliberately tasting the water.
I realise I sound like a twat, but my interest is as much about the media obssession with celebs and their relationships, the utter homophobia of hollywood and the press; and the idea that gay and bisexual people choose to stay in the closet for purely business decisions meaning young people have less role models to follow and older people like my parents think that noone they like is gay on TV!
I am still in two minds about whether its a flirty friendship with business benefits that got out of a hand or a relationship with business benefits that is carefully managed just on the boil.
And now reflecting what I've written in the last 3 hours I am going to put my head in the oven as I have been sucked in once again to the madness. Apologies for cloggin up the thread with my ramblings
- Lots, by your logic everything that are played in front of papps are real. So Harry was fucking Taylor when he was seen doing the "walks of shame" from her hotel in NY then. Good one. And I simply asked what is the difference between H/Ed or H/Louis and the H/N saga (must be something special who prove two people are having sex with each other) , not to speak about Louis. But I don't like when people bring their lies and hates to try to make me shut my mouth.
- In the last two months, seriously? He was out to lunch with Nick the day he arrived back in the UK in mid-January, he stayed over later that same week, he was over the night they were baking together and presumably stayed over, if you can take some of Nick's comments about a male friend staying over than that adds even more nights (even if Harry is only some of those mentions), there have been multiple days when he's been wearing Nick's clothes, Nick was up for pretty much 48 hours over the span of Harry's birthday partying, which included Harry staying over at his the first night and the two of them presumably staying at Nick's the second night (he mentioned the after party being there), and then since then Harry was out of town for 8 or 9 days in Yorkshire and only got back on Sunday. Since then they haven't been out in public, presumably since attention is ramping up around them so much, but Nick has again referenced a male friend being at his place which may or may not be Harry, judging on past mentions. I'm not saying that every mention is automatically Harry, but considering that that is the way he references Harry time and time again, and it has been proven to be Harry time and time again, I do think it's worth noting, especially when he specifies that the friend is male, since the vast vast majority of his close friends that frequently stay over are female.
Also, not true about Harry living with Louis til September 2012. I know there are various arguments about the exact dates, but Harry bought his own place in the summer and definitely was staying over at Nick's even more frequently then (no, I'm not going to go back and figure out dates for you, but it was definitely frequent, plus they were spending multiple days at a time together constantly, Harry was driving Nick to work, etc.) Nick has also been making references to "a friend" staying over, or staying with "a friend" that was proven to be Harry since as far back as that too.
- Sorry, I'm one of the most vehement "this is not a Louis" thread people here, but I cannot STAND when this crap happens.
Harry and Louis haven't been seen together outside of work events in months. Not so much as a casual lunch or a fan picture has been unearthed.
Your ship has sunk, and if you're not interested in NICK GRIMSHAW or his varied friends (which includes Harry to a LARGE degree), you need to leave this goddamn thread.
- JJ I rarely post here but I have found your posts interesting. I get totally bored by the thread sometimes as I am mostly interested in Nick and his entourage of celeb friends and am also hugely cynical about any press coverage and how news is is manipulated. I don't believe anything unless it comes directly from the mouths of he people involved and then realise that editing can twist things enormously.
- Exactly, R503
- Love this bit JJ:
'I am still in two minds about whether its a flirty friendship with business benefits that got out of a hand or a relationship with business benefits that is carefully managed just on the boil.'
Sums up my opinion entirely!
It is certainly interesting and entertaining to watch!
- R502 Well you clearly missed my point but I don't think anyone is interested in this thread becoming some big argument so I'll leave it there. I assure you I didn't intend to "bring lies or hate" to the table.
RE the dinner tonight, seen some rumours on twitter about Harry attending. It's at a hotel, I'll try to find the links again.
- I'm starting to think a lot of people here are strange to say the least. Now I'm a Larry shipper. Please, I'm far from one, I want to know what make Harry/Nick relationship special, different from other type of relationship Harry is having (and I will let Louis outside, because everybody here will try to tell me they are no longer friends, they are enemies, they never are papped together OMG, their mothers was forced by management to tweett each other sweet things yesterday, somebody put a pistol to all Harrys family's temple to came to Louis select party etc), so I will use the Harry/Tom Atkin one (or maybe you will consider me a Hatkin sipper now!!!!)
- JJ, I agree with pretty much everything you've said.
- I can't really imagine him not attending...that would be suspicious in itself. Thanks, lots.
- Thanks R505
Two final points. Please learn to use google:
1) Harry lived with Louis in a aprtment in the same block as the others till Feb 2012. When he turned 18. It is unlikley he would be able to get a lease on his own. He bought a place in East London near Lou Teasdale. Autumn 2012 he bought a much bigger place nearish Nick in the borders of Golders Green/Hampstead I believe
2) Harry and Louis were spotted playing football with some friends a couple of weeks back. Yes they were filmed for documentary but they appeared to be the only 1D boys there.
Life is rarely about certainties or absolutes. I imagine the trueth lies somewhere in betweeen. And I understand the mainstream media play the games. But for people like Holy Moly, Perez Hilton etc to sell out too just pi**** me off.
JJ - The self-rightious muppet
- JJ, I'm not the Larry shipper (I wrote R503 about Harry and Louis not living together long before September 2012) BUT I follow One Direction and I know that there's room for confusion about exactly when Harry moved out, it's not as simple as the news stories. The flat was put up for sale in February but the boys did an interview in Australia in April 2012 where Harry discussed living with Louis and it was definitely still the current situation. I imagine they moved out when they got back from that tour (so more like April/May 2012). Which isn't really important, but it does show why there's rightfully some confusion.
- Well, Perez sold out a while back, I think and didn't Holy Moly have the whole beard joke with Union J? I don't know much about them, so I have no idea what else they say/write the rest of the time about Harry.
I do wish it was possible to avoid all this crap, but I can't blame Harry and Nick for this at the moment. I really don't know how free Harry is to be openly with Nick, if there is a relationship to be open about and I think there is. Nick by extension would not be able to do anything about this...yet.
- R514, Yeah Jamie East from Holy Moly made the joke with Union J about Harry having a beard. Larry shippers went crazy but I definitely think that was a reference to Harry and Nick.
- I agree, R515!
Lots, any idea when the dinner is taking place?
- I find East some thing of a prat and will say anything to be controversial. I don't believe he knows anything one way or another but will use current gossip to stir things up.
- Yeah, R517? As I said I don't know anything about them except that interview.
- Doubt this is really relevant, don't know anything about the guy, but he's tweeted about H/N before, although idk if he ever labelled them "boyfriend"
- Scope here for an interesting discussion about press reporting and manipulation. Not really fodder for a gossip thread though.
- Well, that's two people talking about a boyfriend today. Thanks, R519.
- R509 I agree that it worthwhile to look at what makes Nick and Harry's friendship different than the ones Harry has with his other friends like Cal, Gabe, Tom, Louis, Ed etc. It seems like Harry spends a lot of his spare time with Nick, but of course that would be more publicized than the others for different reasons (some are not famous, others more low-key, like Ed, and Louis because of the rumours).
One example of what sets them apart is the tweets with info from industry insiders that are clearly not meant for public viewing (they seem unaware that people would use twitter search and think their conversations are just between them and their 100 or so followers).
- Fair point re: housing situation, thanks for correction :)
As to "freedom"Im so easily sucked in but need to respond lol! Of course he is free. He can pick up a phone or laptop anytime he wants and say - this is the reality.
He is lucky not to live in a country where people have freedom of speech and sexuality enshrined by law.
If he signed a contract then that was his choice. Contrary to popular belief it is in the record labels interests to be straight about the deal. He wanted this. Add to that that he subscribes to the Moss, Jagger world of Never Complain, Never Explain PR philosophy.
But I will say, if he is gay and he is staying quiet for his career but is out to all friends and family and aquaintances then that is sad for the millions of kids out there who's lives he could influence by raising the profile of successful gay/bi teens.
If he isn't, then bless him- he is just a very smart very gay friendly boy with an eclectic group of mates.
Now back to Grimshaw- anyone have any idea of who the slew of models he bedded were)
- First tweet about the dinner. No idea if Harry is there.
- You can fuck almost any model you want if you have the connections that Nick has. People will have sex for nothing, so why wouldn't they lower their standards for a little gain.
- R516 Sorry, no idea when it starts, am still searching twitter. It's probably already started, maybe even finished, as it's already 9:30 pm in London.
Regarding that tweet someone posted, if you look at his twitter page it seems very sketchy. He is posting mostly gossip but is tagging lots of things as #gay when it doesn't seem relevant, has awkward spelling and punctuation errors etc.
- Fair enough, JJ. He is free, haha! He may have signed a contract before he ever thought he'd be in this mess and getting out of it might be a daunting prospect, if he even wants to. So you're right of course, it is a choice, but I would not dare put myself in his shoes. I have NO IDEA what kind of pressure that would be...assuming of course there is something he would like to share, and again, I do believe that.
I agree that it would be great if he were able to be a role model, but again, it is not my place to judge.
- new tweet, appears to be a uni student maybe? His friend seems skeptical lol
- Jesus R519 - great find. He writes the blind items and Green Room for Metro newspaper ( in my experience he is pretty inaccurate) but still!!!!
- Thanks, R524. I really hope he is!
- Thanks, lots. The tweet R524 posted is already from almost an hour ago, so no idea if it's still going on or not.
- Ooooh, he does, JJ? It all keeps coming back to Metro at the moment, haha.
- JJ, whoah really?? I didn't even know that. He's definitely tweeted about them multiple times before, I had no idea who he was though. I don't have links right now to the old tweets (though I'm pretty sure most were discussed here), but I took screen shots of some of them, and they included:
"Nick Grimshaw spotted with Harry 1D .. he must be so happy over split #gays #onedirection #radio1 #bbcradio #gossip #onedirection" on January 10th
"Harry 1D ditches Ms Swift .. free now to finally come out & live whgile your young #id #onedirection #gays #harrystyles"
and "Nick Grimshaw of R1 is planning to keep a low profile on his 1D Harry obsession" wise given the climate #id #gays #radio1 #radio"
(both the latter tweets were a few days before I think)
The "boyfriend" thing is definitely new in his tweets then, if he went along with the Swift stuff.
- Oh, btw, JJ, I did not mean to imply you were judging, or shouldn't, just that I'd rather not.
- R527 I assume you are referring to H? If so, then I assume he signed that contract when he was sixteen and even may have had to have someone sign it for him. Not sure of the legalities of contracts where sixteen year old's are concerned.
I could of course be totally wrong, it was just a thought.
- So the dinner definitely seems like more of a private thing then an event, if it's just Nick's annual thing he does with friends (which is also the impression I got when he brought it up on the radio).
- I had not considered that, R535. Thanks for pointing it out.
- Seems like the official pre-Brits dinner party is at Buddha Bar in Knightsbridge (NOT the club funky Buddha). I think it is just starting as they are RTing people saying they are on their way. No mention of Harry or Nick that I can see yet.
Their twitter is here:
- Yeah, R536. That could potentially mean Harry being there without us finding out.
- Oh, so there is an official and a Nick-held dinner? Thanks, lots.
- R538, thanks! So the party is from 7pm-1am, it says. Interesting that it does seem like an official pre-BRITS party, although the other girl was referencing it as Nick's annual dinner - maybe he just normally has the same-ish group at a table? I spy Pixie, her bf, and Alexa in the picture (and is that Example at the end?)
- Maquita Oliver posted pics on her twitter about 3 hours ago
- Maybe he books a room/section and then they move out into the main party (which is sponsered, so must be official)? If they go to the main party I imagine there'll be pap pics or ones taken by the restaurant itself.
- Maybe and I hope so, R543!
- Didn't nick say it was for nominies this morning on the radio? I wasn't listening properly as other things werd going on so not 100% sure.
- R527 - took no offence at all!
Think it's likely his parents would have co-signed. But either we think H is mature enough to be in a relationshio with a 28 year old or he isn't. And Also, they all re-signed (rather than resigned! Lol)- before Christmas.
Finally, I urge you all to follow that twitter account. The guy used to write blinds and gossip bullet points for the metro. Not sure if he still does. Reads like an aged desperado losing his looks and spouting vitriol at everyone younger and better looking. He is/was infamously inaccurate at the metro, or even better, weeks past the in saying stuff.
But he appears to be having a meltdown with his online bank and life in general.. Kids this is what happens when your media career goes wrong.
- Pic from the dinner!!!!
- Rita, Nick and Harry. Now give me Cara. Pleeeaaaseee!
- Are these pics of Harry and Nick from tonight?! Not seen them before ... they both look SO good :)
- By the way Nick is looking absolutely delicious in those pics.
- Love this pic! They look so happy!
- Oh god, I was not prepared for these pictures. Hello boys!
- I'm glad, JJ.
Of course, I think he is mature enough. I just have no clue about contract legalities, haha. It makes sense that he would have resigned at 18 though, you're right, so that argument can probably be ignored.
I thought you'd said he was accurate...oh well then...it seems he's accurate enough this time given that he's only saying what so many others are, haha.
- Not in the best format (watermarked etc) but the Getty Images page from this evening so far.
- Yay!!!!!!!!! I love the photos!!!! (Forgive my excitement, haha)
- @H Neither was I.
They look like they are having a ball. Really nice to see them together.
- They look so happy!
- I apologise for my moment of fan girl-ing - I promise I am a grown up ;)
I so often think they are just friends but when I see pictures, I wish them to be a couple cos they'd make a great one.
- Maybe it's because I like them both as people, but I do think they compliment each other!
- Great pics. Thanks all posters. They do make a lovely couple! Looks like Nicks party is this place to be!
- I'm sure I'll be shot down for saying something 'pro' N&H now but I have noticed (and seen commented) that when they are out together, they really seem to stick by each other's sides. That does seem slightly couple like.
- Welcome back LG.
- So many pictures - I love how every speculates and then bang, so many! Not that it means everything but they are together in nearly every pic :) albeit with every combination of guest!
- They seem to be taking ALL their photos together pretty much.
LG, we all just want to enjoy so I'm glad you're enjoying with us!
- They look closer to the same age in these pics. Nick really looks good.
- C, haha, still on the fence but happy to jump off it if I continue to see pictures like these...
- I really like the group pics with Henry, Pixie et al in too. They are all such a close and seemingly warm bunch of friends.
- I wonder where Aimee is? But these pics are adorable, very nice to see!
- LG - It was meant that way!
It appears they are at Hix rather than the Buddha Bar (which doesn't surprise me terribly as the ceiling was all wrong for the Buddha Bar - their's are barely more than pipes oddly).
- R565 I agree Nick looks so happy, in fact they both do, it's like they are just happy and relaxed. It's really good to see.
@LG Glad you are enjoying these pictures with us.
- Good on Nick. Blurb says its his first annual awards season dinner and is at Hix. Cracking restaurant.
The guest list is crazy good. sponsored by Phillips Sound.
Good for him! (Shows he can keep things on the down low hen he wants too - didn't hear any major mentions on the radio this am)
Looks a cracking party.
- I may have slipped off the fence a little with those pics but will be firmly back up again tomorrow. First time for everything I suppose. It was the pic of the two of them laughing together that did it.
- I have jumped off the fence for tonight too!
They look happy and are wearing complimenting suits a la Ant n Dec!
- They've got tons of pics with loads of other people but are constantly together in all of them! If you check gettyimages tag for just Harry, there are two pictures of him by himself and every other picture he is with Nick.
- Oh God, don't start on Ant and Dec. I snorted laughing when you wrote that.
- I love it, R575! It just convinces me even more.
- I think it's the fact that Harry is sitting right next to Nick at the table. They are not as far away from each other like they usually are. That's really nice to see.
- I get the impression that they're hosting it together, I know that's not the case but bloody hell
- Yeah, it really is, R578.
- I snorted when I wrote it, but that's what struck me!
- I went "awww!" out loud. They look so good together! And they're right next to each other in pretty much all the pictures. Very cute.
- R573, the picture of the two of them leaning against the table was all it took for me..
They look great and far closer in age than they did this time last year.
- I thought it looked like they were hosting the thing together but I suspect that is just my over-active imagination!
- Just picked myself up off the floor after looking at all those photos. They are brilliant.
- I just noticed Nick's suit matches Harry's shirt. Seriously. AW!
- I know, R586...awwwww indeed.
- We need a new thread ASAP!
- where did the last 5 comments go
- You know. I'll be so sad if they're not a couple. They look so good together.
- Here's part 7
- Super cute pics! Of all involved, but particularly N and H. Slight tangent but how gorgeous is Jessie Ware? Stunning!
H looks very happy and smiley when with N - just have to compare these to the pics of him from the War Child gig last night, where it's all polite and professional!
- R590 Indeed. It would be a real shame. They look amazing together.
- I agree, N16...he glows and giggles around Nick and what could be better!
- I just realized I've been sitting here with a big dopey grin ever since I looked at the pics. I can't help it! They look so happy. Very sweet, whatever their situation.