- She's considered to be 15-20 lbs overweight. Yeah, it's unbelievable but at this point in life, nothing surprises me anymore. Some people just aren't satisfied unless women look like skeletons.
- The hip hop men's magazines have revolutionized the image of the female shape - ever notice some of those covers ? OMG
- I thought Victoria's Secret/swimsuit models were supposed to look like that? It's not like she does runway for Balenciaga, is it?
- I blame Kiiera Knightly's skeletor frame. The Dachau look.
- She's a blimp. Put a Goodyear t-shirt on her and float her over a stadium.
These unprofessional women who don't know how to behave to maintain a proper weight for their craft - even a plus-size Amazon like her.
Disgusting. Women have NO control.
- Remember the supermodels of the '80s/early '90s? Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, and Claudia Schiffer were definitely not stick-and-bones, but they had firm and defined bodies -- almost like Amazons. Work-out videos were all the rage as women scrambled to get fit and "buns of steel." But then Kate Moss arrived on the scene and the so-called heroin chic look was in.
- I have to admit that her looks looked chunky on David Letterman. She looked like an Amazon woman in an unflattering way.
- I mean to say that her LEGS looked chunky.
- Grinning at r5.
This isn't for a student candidate's portfolio for admission to Parson's School of Design.
It's Sports Illustrated, the mainstream sports bible for straight guys. Large boobs, a baby-got-back ass and curves are required.
- Couldn't they find a nice slender girl for the cover?
Is that so difficult?
- The micro-bikini is doing her no favors.
She'd look so much better in a one-piece.
- Her torso is gross. No, she's not fat, but she's shapeless. I don't find her sexy at all.
- I think shes gorgeous.
- Please. This is a false controversy to cause buzz.
Have you never heard of PR campaigns?
- She's a fuckin' tractor-sized hippo, for Christ's sake!
- Um, WHAT THE FUCK?
Is she supposed to look "curvy" and 15-20 lbs overweight in the photos at the link??? Because if so, that is another whole level of insane to anything I've ever seen before. She's not even "curvy"; she's skinny.
And who exactly is supposed to be making these "criticisms"? There seems to be some reference to generic criticism but no actual quoted source.
Anyone who says that girl is too fat is mentally ill.
- It's much ado about nothing. If you click on the link in the OP's article, there are no specific criticisms cited from anyone, just a reference to her responding to criticisms and quotes from some other models.
- She's not fat but has a god awful shape.
He mid section is square, no waist. Just a rectangle with big boobs.
She needs to tone up or corset train. The hourglass look is ideal and she's far from it.
But no not fat.
- God she's so fat she makes Freddie Smith look like an Olympic athlete in comparison! Those fun bags are starting to look like udders I tell you. Some of these hetty supermodels think that are so gorgeous that they can eat Mickey Ds,Shake Shack and In and Out Burger for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
R9 In all serious, I agree. Curves and boobs are in for hetty guys. They love all those boobies and bottoms up in their face. They don't want stick figures or a twinkette that is rail thin.
R2 I think that the acceptance of African American and Latino women is definitely happening. They are on TV,in film, on magazine covers ,in the media so that Twiggy white girl thang is long dead and gone.I don't know how much the big ass booty has been embraced by white culture BUT hetty guys certainly are attracted to Black and Hispanic women these days.
- I'm sticking my fingers down my throat as I type.
- She does have a weird shape. Her waistline sits really high.
- I have heard criticism about how the strings on her bikini bottom seem to cut into her flesh. I don't think her stomach area is very attractive, either.
- For a model, she is. I don't really understand how she rose to this level of accomplishment, not necessarily because of her weight but because I don't see how she's sexy and "desirable." I think she oozes average, try-hard high school girl.
- She's got real tits. They hang. People aren't used to seeing big old squishy titties anymore.
- R23 I hate to say it but she's cute.she's kinda/sorta chubby but she's pretty.Any hetty guy would probably agree with me about this....
- New pic of Kate Upton
- r23, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is almost a cliche, but, that doesn't make it any less true.
While you see "average" I see a breathtaking young female. I first spotted her on the red carpet at the White House Correspondent's Dinner and I went "Wow. Who is that?"
You write "for a model she is." I'm no expert but I believe professional mainstream models, generally, are catgorized. Upton definitely falls into the what-straight-guys-want category as differentiated from, say a designer's showroom or runway model.
I do agree that her trunk seems a bit long, but, trust me, the eyes of a straight guy wouldn't notice that; her breasts are gorgeous.
- Why are there so many Haters in the world that pick on others supposed flaws?
- wow the Kate Upton publicity machine is in full swing right now.
- R29, The "average" thing is not about her looks; it's about what she exudes to me.
If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, why say so?
- She shouldn't be criticized for being (so called) fat. She's isn't. She should be criticized for being an attention whore. She is in the tabloids every single day. She would attend and does attend the opening of an envelope
- Manufactured controversy. There's so much pron out there that SI doesn't sell enough swimsuit issues anymore.
- She isn't just a sports illustrated type though which makes her a bit more unusual. Not sure if she has done much runway but she has been in high end magazines (pretty sure she has done a couple of vogue shoots).
To be honest i didn't like the latest SI photos as I thought they were even tackier than usual, but then I am not the target audience. She looked good in the vogue shoot
- What R24 said. That's exactly what it is.
- She is fat for being in the SI swimsuit edition. Look at the old SI girls: Elle, Paulina, Carol Alt. If she were in a Dove soap ad she would be perfect. Everyone can say "in the real world she wouldn't be fat" and that's true, but this isn't the real world, it's modeling. If someone is getting paid millions a year then they can work out and maintain the look. Flight attendants have to maintain a certain weight and they certainly aren't paid millions for it. If you cash in on your looks be prepared for people to trash talk you otherwise get a different career.
- She does have an odd midsection:
- R24, Not all "big tits" are squishy but at least they're not rock hard like the fake ones. Every woman's breasts are slightly different in shape, position, firmness, etc. That's one of the reasons females are so individually beautiful, despite the media bias towards totally unrealistic "perfection." Kudos to the mags, initially aimed at Blacks and Hispanics, that champion diversification in the female form. Big Booty anyone?
- [R35], have you been on a domestic flight lately? Not many flight attendants, male or female, are skinny or even trim. I was on a recent flight (granted through Charlotte, US Airways' hub) and the female flight attendant was barely able to fit down the aisle.
The 70's and 80's are over. No more skinny, attractive "stewardesses."
GOOP, in View From the Top
- If you're not underweight you're fat. That's how some people see it these days.
- Upton IS fat. She's a sow and has no business calling herself a model. She's also extremely average looking. The straight guys I know all think she's chunky and "meh".
- I've NEVER heard anyone criticize her for being fat. I have heard people criticize her for not being curvy/hourglass.
The girl is short waisted, big titties w/ no hips or ass. Her body is not shaped to do swimsuit work b/c she's not hourglass. She's not emaciated thus she isn't going to be modeling fashionable clothes.
She's has an okay face but her body is what we see now with girls who have no waist and lack toned ass/thighs and who only care about having big ole tits. Having tits doesn't mean a woman is curvy, it just means she has a rack.
Upton has great boobs but the rest of her body is nothing special. Maybe she's fucking someone to get these covers and whatnot. Any Victoria Secret or Boston Proper model with have a better body.
- "I thought Victoria's Secret/swimsuit models were supposed to look like that?"
No, a lingerie model is supposed to be emaciated, with waist that's noticeably narrower than her hips, and fake tits.
- R43, Who is dictating those awful standards for females? It's lingerie not high fashion.
- R41 The straight guys you must know have gay fuckbuddies and go to gloryholes to get polished off! C'mon don't be silly. Most of the straight guys out there would fuck her.They are not looking for 100 LB emaciated twinkettes that look like 12 year old boys.
R42 Dyke, I know she's fucking Justin Verlander from the Detroit Tigers beyond that I couldn't tell you. She's definitely a cute girl with a nice rack. Most horny straight guys would go for that.
- The thing is women are supposed to be curvy. I've heard many people call people like Jlo, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Beyonce fat. It's bizarre because evolutionarily speaking, women are supposed to have bodies like that. Women are not supposed to be stick figures. Outside of the warped Western world, the three women I mentioned would be much more desirable than a stick figure Kate Moss. Anyhow, Kate Upton doesn't have a nice body shape; it's too square.
- I love how gay men speculate what sort of women straight guys like.
Girls, let me tell you, straight men like holes. As long as it has a hole to stick his dick in, he's happy.
Women and gay men are concerned about body size, shape and fat. Straight men don't give a shit as long as there's a hole to fuck.
- that's true, R47
- Yeah, I agree with R47. Straight men don't give a fuck about looks or body size, it's all about the hole. Straight men would be all over this chick in the pic. It's all about holes you morons.
- She's not fat or chubby, but she is Amazonian in shape. I'm glad that SI is showing at least a little diversity in body types.
- Straight would be all over this hole too. You guys don't know what you're talking about morons. It's all about the hole!
- Fat? FAT!?
She may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, and fat, but she is *not* a porn star!
- New pics
- Most of the guys I know fetishize asian women. They adore females with the bodies of adolescent boys. No breasts, no ass, no shape AT ALL.
Personally I don't get it, but it's what I observe.
- She isn't fat, but she has no shape or a behind. Her torso is so long and it has no defined waist. If she didn't have blonde hair(and big boobs), no one would be gushing over her. That is not to say she isn't cute facially.
All of this fat stuff is just a PR ruse, as was mentioned earlier in this thread. This chick has the strangest body south of her boobs.
- It's not that strange of a body. I've seen many women who are full in the boobs and then are straight down below that.
- R54, Not all straight men have the same ideal type of fantasy women.
- That's why I said "most of the guys I know", R57.
- Well, she *is* a little chunky. TMZ leaked her SI cover shoot back in December and have pics that are not photoshopped (click the "Click to See More Photos"). On the SI cover she looks great, but without photoshop.. well.. She has absolutely no waist at all.
- She looks fine to me.
- R58, So how many hetero guys do you actually know, and that are 100% honest?
What's with the name calling?
- [quote]Most of the guys I know fetishize asian women. They adore females with the bodies of adolescent boys.
Is it that they fetishize the figures of adolescent boys...
...or the figures of prepubescent girls?
Based on my straight male friends, and a few straight male friends I grew up around, I would much sooner suspect the latter.
- She looks fine, but I have a hard time feeling "sympathy" for her for being criticized by nameless faces on the internet. Shes making bank on her looks, who cares if some people dont like her body? Are we all forced to love her and lavish her with praise? Seems like a pr move, women especially fall for this since most of them are insecure with their bodies.
- I regret to say this is a result of the prominent voice gay men have in the fashion arts designing for their ideal figure, which is the body of a 12 year old boy. Fashion was never about women but about little boy bodies.
- Speaking of odd looking and anorexic models, why all the hoopla over Karlie Kloss? She too skinny and not very pretty.
I was shocked to hear that she was American, from some flyover state no less!
Kloss looks like one of those Chinese/Russian mix models.
- Karlie Kloss is alright. SHe looks pretty good in some pictures. I like her better than the Upton person.
- R64, I thought that fashion was designed to sell clothes. Most tall, skinny girls I know look good in almost anything, so they feel that they don't need to spend as much money as other ladies with "figure problems" to disguise.
- Here she is with some other models: Is she the hottest?
- Her face is highly highly attractive. Body is still very good. It's hilarious how vicious women and gay men can be regarding a woman's appearance considering they are not the one's fucking these women anyways.
- Anne V is the prettiest supermodel around right now. Not chunky with thunder thighs like Kate Upton but not too skinny either. Cute face too.
- Yeah, fatso Kate is so chunky and shapeless. I guess that's why straight guys all over the planet are jacking off to her "Cat Daddy" video.
- oh shut up, r71. someone can still be chunky and desirable. you act like they're mutually exclusive. kate is chunky. get over it.
- Anne V does have a nice slim, but not scrawny, body.
- I think R71 was being sarcastic.
- Video of Kate
- I know R71 was being sarcastic AND super defensive. R71 acts like Kate being chunky is a barrier to her being desirable.
- You seem to have taken my post more seriously than was intended, r76. Certainly it is very possible to be simultaneously "chunky and desirable," but Kate doesn't look the slightest bit fat to me, especially in the video I jokingly posted.
Insist that she's chunky if you like, but not everyone agrees with that assessment.
- In another 10 years the world will probably in famine...let's enjoy the fat while we have it.
- She's a good 15 lbs more than other models...refreshing.
- What was Adam Levine thinking cheating on Anne? Fucking idiot.
- Katherine Webb is no twig either & I think she's prettier than Kate.
- "The 70's and 80's are over. No more skinny, attractive "stewardesses."
Most women these days strive to have a real career instead of working as a trolley dolly.
- On Fallon
- Vogue baby
- She's got a Sofia Loren kinda body. Smoking!!! I can guarantee you that most het men are watering at the mouth.
- Similar, though I think Sofia had a little more of an ass.
- She looks gorgeous here, if a little plump.
- Kate in a Vogue Brazil shoot.
- ate Upton waves an onlookers as she arrives at LAX Airport on Friday (August 30) in Los Angeles.
The 21-year-old model was just named as the Model of the Year by the 10th Annual Style Awards, according to the Huffington Post.
- She's lost some weight.
- R90 Black is slimming.
- she looks well-fed, confident, rested. she's charismatic. every guy I know thinks she's a goddess.
- I like this red dress on her.
- r93, she does look great. that's what a woman is supposed to look like.
- Seriously...why would any gay man outside of the fashion industry even CARE about what a woman's body looks like?
- Poor taste in clothes
- Wow r87, Cameron Diaz looks 30 years older than her in that photo.
- R97, Cameron is about 20 years older than Kate.
- She says she wants smaller boobs but is proud of her size.