1. This actress is probably D list now. A few years ago she was just about A list. She was on a very hit network television show and had just been cast as the lead in a popcorn flick that went on to make hundreds of millions of dollars. She never got to shoot that movie though because she overdosed on the set of the show. The overdose part was kept quiet, but she was quietly asked to leave the show and the movie role went to someone else who has become an A list all movie actress.
2. Back in the day before this A list all movie actor became who he is today he was just another actor trying to move up the ladder. That he went so high so quickly is not exactly hard to figure out when you hear about his casting couch experiences with men. Wait, you haven't heard about them, but you might in the very near future. It turns out that he once shared a very close, intimate relationship with one of his co-stars. She used to be A list in movies and television. She never had sex with our actor, but they became very close off-screen and he shared to her how he got the role in which they both starred and how he had got another previous role as well as his life growing up which he has never shared with anyone. Now, our actress is short of cash and has written a manuscript/historical fiction type book which barely fictionalizes those couple of months together. She envisions a book and a play and maybe a movie and apparently it is really really good. Every publisher who has seen it has loved it and then immediately passed because they are scared of what kind of wrath the actor will bring down on them. A few play producers have shown more gumption than the publishers and it might move straight to a play.
3. What do you do if you are a married executive who got busted having sex with your nanny and now your nanny is threatening to sue you for sexual harassment? You get her a role that has turned her from a nobody that absolutely no one had ever heard of to a solid B lister on a hit show almost overnight.
4. Wich tv hunk supposedly never met a casting director he didn’t lick, er, like?
1. Mischa Barton
2. Tom Cruise
4. Joe Mangiello
Was Mischa ever A list?
2. It sounds like Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis except that Kelly while at one time A list in movies (in her Witness/Top Gun/The Accused days) was never really a tv star, let alone an A list one.
bret butler = 1
I guess The Devil Wears Prada or Mamma Mia! as the popcorn flick. Not sure who was up for those younger roles.
Would Kirstie Alley throw John Travolta under the bus? He and Tom Cruise went from unknown actors to stars overnight, and Scientology will never let them forget it. Geffen got Cruise into Risky Business.
2. Cruise and Lea Thompson? He did full frontal in All The Right Moves so that she wouldn't have to. And she was an A list movie actress for a brief time in the 80s before having a hit sitcom in the 90s...
#3 I simply cannot imagine who this is...
Travolta would be grateful for the attention. He would show up to the premiere of a play based on his early life, even if it had gay elements. Tom Cruise, not so much. Anyone who says he is gay is automatically slapped with a lawsuit. But if he confided in the actress and she did not sign a NDA, then by all means, please, expose him.
3 sounds like an actress on a CBS comedy show. The blonde.
Alley inned Travolta again on some talk show in recent months. I seriously doubt it's her.
R9 Beth Behr from 2 Broke Chicks is the top guess for the actress/nanny.
R5 Aren't "popcorn movies" usually action/adventure or superhero flicks?
Rebecca DeMornay and Tom Cruise.
Wow, Beth Behrs was a nanny 5 days a week.
Cruise Control is overdue for exposure. Wasn't he a rent boy in New York?
Love these BIs. Please keep guessing!
Receipts for all this Beth Behrs talk, plz
4 is Colton Haynes.
Wow, after rereading #2 it really sounds like it could be Cruise.
And he's quite litigious, so I can see publishers being hesitant about a potential lawsuit.
Suing over a roman a clef is tantamount to admitting it's true. But he's crazy enough to do it and has enough money to be a considerable nuisance.
Miss DeMornay, we DO suggest as your prospective publisher that you consider another name than "Com Truise" for your conflicted male character.
He uses the word cruise in his stage name. I mean, I know it's his middle name, but...
Better yet, he chose the name for his Gays of Thunder character: Hole, er Cole, Trickle. Sounds like a Brent Corrigan character.
Speaking of Sean, how do you like him for the TC character in the film version of this book?
Taylor Lautner as a shirtless Tom Cruise in Daisy Duke cut-offs would be perfect casting. Emma Stone as Rebecca DeMornay. Chris Meloni as David Geffen, and Javier Bardem as Franco Zeffirelli in a caftan, as the johns.
It's Tammy. From People (1983):
Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Matthew Broderick—it seems there are enough young leading men in Hollywood these days to form a baseball league. And right at the top of the starting lineup would be Tom Cruise, 21, star of the surprise summer hit Risky Business. "He occupies this movie the way Dustin Hoffman occupied The Graduate," raved critic Roger Ebert. Playing a straight-arrow upper-middle-class kid who loses his virginity to a call girl and then provides his friends with the same service—for a profit—Cruise radiates a sexy all-American charm. "Tom is able to bridge innocence and heat," says his director, Paul Brickman. "It's a difficult range, but he's got it naturally."
That's high praise for someone who never really thought of acting until his senior year in high school in Glen Ridge, N.J. When a wrestling injury sidelined his athletic pursuits, Tom tried out for a school production of Guys and Dolls. "It just felt right," he recalls. "It felt like I had a way to express myself." Since he "didn't have any inspiration" for college after graduation, Cruise went to New York, and within months he had his first film audition for a small role in Endless Love. Director Franco Zeffirelli gushed, "Bellissimo," and signed Cruise for his first movie.
Are any of these Olivia Newton-John?
#1 Michelle Rodriguez Lost
1 sounds like Mischa Barton. She was on Dawson's Creek then was pushed in everyone's face on every magazine on the verge of being A list (although A list is pushing it)- she turned into a hippie druggie from what I can see and faded away very quickly..
What was the movie, and actress who replaced Mischa Barton her?