- When I heard this I decided I'd had enough. I'm weeping as I type this. I'm praying for her. I'll continue to pray for her.
- Low ticket sales.
- R2 what is the connection between Lady Gaga being paralyzed and low ticket sales?
- Fecal Impaction.
- Really? That's odd, she looks perfectly fine in this pic ( and she has slimmed down, haters). I wonder what's going on. Get well Mother Monster!
- When a Kennedy hands you a roofie colada, run!
- Back issues? They can be paralyzing.
- Odd that she "postponed" all those shows where ticket sales were the worst and seating was abundant.
- She has LUPUS!!!
- Is that like POTUS or FLOTUS, R9??
- Meat shoes
- [quote]Low ticket sales.
Her tour has been going for years. It's been a success. Enough with the meme. The show has been winding down for months. Her new album is coming out in the summer or fall.
- [quote]Odd that she "postponed" all those shows where ticket sales were the worst and seating was abundant.
False. The tour has been going for years. The 'ticket sales' story was ridiculous. Go pull up the numbers.
- r12 doesn't know what he's talking about. The North American leg of her tour just started a few weeks ago. And yes, she's having a hard time selling tickets. Hence the "injury" in select markets.
- Combo of slow ticket sales and weight gain?
- R14 is correct. She is unable to sell anything out, even with mass amounts of tickets being given away for free, and hugely discounted tickets. Sorry r12, your Mama is no longer The Queen.
- $25 tickets were released in Chicago shortly before this announcement. Just sayin'
- The sad truth about it is..is..is that nobody gives a fuck about GaGa anymore. She went bad faster than a meat dress in the sun.
- Those nasty infected pussy lips fell off and now the infection has entered her spinal column rendering her unable to walk. This time next week, the infection will have spread to her brain and killed her. And the world will be a better place. That vile heeb gash
I have no disrespect, but she is a drug addict.
The biggest gun, heroin. It is easy to tell.
- [quote] $25 tickets were released in Chicago shortly before this announcement. Just sayin'
No one wants to see Lady CaCa....
- Two years ago, we had to hear about her every single day.
- [quote]$25 tickets were released in Chicago shortly before this announcement. Just sayin'
Yeah what a coincidence, huh?
[quote]The sad truth about it is..is..is that nobody gives a fuck about GaGa anymore. She went bad faster than a meat dress in the sun.
Correct. She fell for her own hype and got overexposed and now people are sick of her and her ego.
- Walk This Way!
- I bet she took the antibiotic Cipro, Levaquin or Avelox. They're all crippling poisons.
Caused by either starving herself, or drugs
Something probs caused an imbalance. I've see this shit happen before. In Gagas case it's worst when there is "low ticket sale"- itis, and inflammation of the ego
- Gaga, we love you, please get up
- She's been touring for too fucking long. Even Madonna, who had always been in excellent shape, could not tour endlessly. Gaga needs to take a break and put out a new album, something more like her first ones and less like the last one.
- She needs to go folk, or maybe put out something with yodeling.
- She's STILL around? I thought she'd gone away finally.
- Lol. I'm guessing all those fucked costumes and shoes fucked her body up pretty quickly. Ah well, at least genuine talent will see her stay relevant in the long term, right?
- What she REALLY needs to do is give middle aged rock star Gwen Stefani a call.
Why doesn't Gwen have a problem with touring? She even adds a workout into her performance, just to prove she can. Take notes, young Gaga
- Gonorrhea, Chlamydia ---> pelvic inflammatory disease ---> difficulty walking
"The PID Limp"
- Heeb gash?
- Dear Lourdes.
- Hope she has one of those Lifealert pendants!
- The media mentioned her as having something, but I didn't catch what it was
- R37, they said "a big nose."
- Let's Dance.
- She has performed in my hometown three times in the past two years, that's why she's having a hard time selling tickets. I hope she takes time to write the songs on her next album because this last one kinda sucked. She needs to quit being so damned pretentious!
- [quote]What could she have done to render herself unable to walk?
Borrowed Lena Dunham's shoes.
- I heard DJ Bill Bennett say on the Frank DiCaro show, that she has been high for 8 months. Heroin apparently.
- She must be getting ready for the 27 club
Doesn't she have a birthday soon?
- Lady Gaga has fallen and she can't get up.
- Not to mention this lawsuit from her former PA, where she's quoted as calling the PA a "hood rat" for insisting on fair pay (a woman who was a friend before The Fame Monster hit). To quote Ken Anger, "All those red hot headlines hurt".
"Edge of Glory" was her only hit from BTW that's still getting airplay and even I found it sleep-inducing. My theory is that she was obsessed with Luc Carl and tried to remake herself over into a metal queen so he'd want only her. She could have any guy she wants , but picks out this dumb musclehead from Nebraska who works in a shitty bar. Of course she has a handsome actor to take her arm in public, but I'm not sure she ever quit chasing Luc. She got Roger Mays and Clarence Clemons in his last performance on her last record. All for cred with this guy.
Even if that's not the case, all those non-sell outs are looking bad. She's been overindulged and given her way too much, and has driven it into the ground. She needs a long rest, detox and depression meds, but what will she do without a show? Funny too how they won't specify why she "can't walk".
- [quote]She could have any guy she wants...
- Gaga loves her drugs too much to have Madonna's career longevity. That's a big reason why I never bought the "new Madonna" thing.
- Even an energizer bunny keels ever when the battery is empty.
Bitch was going on and on for quite some time without any time to rest and time to recharge. But she fully knows that the day she takes a break is the day she's completely forgotten.
- Typical flash in the pan, made-in-China, disposable Wal-Mart celebrity. Mass marketed crap for tacky young fagettes.
Eventually that shit breaks and has to be replaced by something cheaper. Her base, 21 year old tweaking twinks, have cultural ADD and they grew up quick and moved on to the next musical abortion act.
For goodness sake, Gaga, it's really not hard to predict an audience nowadays. You fucked up girl, by thinking you were something special. Pop music, pop anything, is lightening fast nowadays. What an ego to think she was anything better than the next temporary thing. Maybe if she invested in creativity instead of cheap theatrics, she'd have a decent career.
PS-I'm not an eldergay, I'm only in my early 30's and have observed and listened as pop music got sucked down into an abyss of garbage over the years.
- [quote]For goodness sake, Gaga, it's really not hard to predict an audience nowadays. You fucked up girl, by thinking you were something special. Pop music, pop anything, is lightening fast nowadays. What an ego to think she was anything better than the next temporary thing. Maybe if she invested in creativity instead of cheap theatrics, she'd have a decent career.
Why do you think she's been on non-stop tour? She's snatchin' and grabbin' that money while she can!
- What's new? She's always been lame.
- Lindsay Lohan is almost 27 soon too [R43]!
- I don't get it. I think she is a better artist than Beyonce, Rihanna and Katie Perry. They are all still around making crap music and haven't faded. Why did Lady Gaga crash and burn so quickly considering she had a much wider audience than them world wide?
- It's time for her to write a children's book.
- I don't think she is over. She has tons of fans and if she took a break and disappeared she would be in high demand in 6-12 months.
- Too gimmicky.
- Blah. Her and Gwen Stefani are ugly ginzo girls. Bad I-talian genes.
- a back injury will lay you low.
- She needs to dress up like a mermaid and perform in a wheelchair again.
- r53, Beyonce, Rihanna and Katie Perry worked their way up to the top and have been around for years and accumulated a fan base. And they have a bigger, broader appeal, especially to hetero audiences.
Lady Gaga was dumped on your gayborhood's doorstep like a pound of crack in the ghetto. Cheap dance music sung by an outrageous androgynous chick who stole her whole act from other outrageous androgynous chicks from years past who did it better. It was envelope-pushing for a month or two, and then got stale when there was no more envelope to push and her lack of creativity dried up.
She was a niche artist who fancied herself as important as the gay answer to the Beatles.
- Gaga peaked with her debut album, but I don't think that her carer will completely crash and burn.
Artpop will sell around 3-4 million worldwide, OK numbers but hardly blockbuster territory.
And every album she releases after as well as every tour she does will gross lesd than the previous.
She doesn't have that reinvention thing that Madonna does.
I think a few years back when everyone was praising gaga and saying she was replacing Madonna, were just people who hated Madonna and just latched on to Gaga for wishful thinking purposes
What most people fail to understand is YOU GOTTA WORK FOR THAT SUCCESS and Madonna whether you like her or not has always worked for her success and made her own modest talents into her own brand of performance art.
By having confidence and believing in herself and not caring what people think or getting involvrd in drugs Madonna became the biggest selling female artist in the history of the music industry.
- Britney Spears has low self-esteem, does not do drugs, but is hands down better than Madonna or Gagoo.
She is and has been more radiant and charismatic than them all, for what they do.
It is BRITNEY who will reign as the QUEEN.
- Britney is dead in the eyes. Any charisma she has is heavily damped by the schizophrenia medication she's taking. And she's still under her father's control. It's all very sad.
- R62 this has to be a joke post? It's pretty obvious Britney is on some kind of medication
And Britney doesn't have the album sales, hit singles, tour grosses and definitely not critical acclaim that Madonna has had throughout her career.
I definitely can't see Britney going into thr Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, like Madonna did her first year eligible.
If deserving artists like Whitney ain't in there Britney will never be.
- Honestly, R53, two are sex symbols and the other has a huge rack. In other words, they are much more attractive than Gaga. But also what R60 says is true.
I do think Gaga is over. She became way overexposed and gimmicky and she crashed and burned. People got tired of the gimmicks and Adele's success had a lot to do with people being over the Gaga gimmicks. When your fan base largely consists of teenagers you aren't going to have any kind of longevity.
- r60, don't forget the music in all of this. Her producers deserve a lot of credit for making catchy music that gave her a wider profile in the mainstream press. I think her music was solid enough to push her past the "new weird artist" phase.
I think Gaga is also burning out because she toured so much it burned her out. That, and she is rumoured to be into booze and drugs big time, like a mini-Amy.
The others are popular because they are hot or have big tits and appeal to horny guys and tween/teen girls. That is a marketers dream.
- "I think a few years back when everyone was praising gaga and saying she was replacing Madonna, were just people who hated Madonna and just latched on to Gaga for wishful thinking purposes"
Whatever do you mean?
- [quote]When your fan base largely consists of teenagers you aren't going to have any kind of longevity.
Justin Bieber's been famous as long as Gaga and is still going strong.
- She'll end up being another Cyndi Lauper - first album will be her best and each album afterwards will be more boring and sell less than the one before and she'll then start doing the gay pride circuit.
- If you consider 3 or 4 years longevity then God help us all.
- R70 Hey Madge! How's your latest rented boyfriend?
- The ENTIRE tour has been cancelled now for "surgery".
- I wouldn't say I'm a big fan, I've never bought any of her stuff, but I've definitely enjoyed it and looking at the last track listing I thought she had several good songs: You and I was really good, Marry The Night, Born This Way, and Edge of Glory.
- Where's everybody going?
- Gaga's been diagnosed with deteriorating ticket sales.
But seriously, Madonna's over twice her age and seems to endure the physical demands of a tour. Or are Gaga's bones brittle from all the drug use?
She has lupus.
- From MTV:
Lady Gaga Cancels Born This Way Tour, Needs Surgery
Mother Monster cancels the rest of North American trek due to 'labral tear of the right hip.
By Emilee Lindner
After postponing four of her Born This Way Ball shows on Tuesday night, Lady Gaga has canceled the remainder of her tour dates due to a severe performance injury. A post on LittleMonsters.com states the singer will need surgery for a "labral tear of the right hip."
Gaga went through additional tests Wednesday morning after making her joint pain public on Twitter following a performance in Montreal.
"I hid it from my staff, I didn't want to disappoint my amazing fans," Gaga wrote. "However after last nights performance I could not walk and still can't."
Gaga's Born This Way Ball kicked off January 14 in Tacoma, Washington, along with the debut of the Born Brave Bus. Gaga personally attended a pre-concert tailgate to christen the bus, which was covered in artwork by her Little Monsters, and is part of her Born This Way Foundation's larger campaign to build a sense of community and promote self-acceptance among her fans, including providing them with access to mental health services, school psychologists, volunteer opportunities and bullying and suicide prevention resources.
She will need "strict down time" to recover after an operation, but fans have been extremely supportive on her social media site, urging the star to put her health before her tour.
"Gaga hope you get well, i am very sad for you, not only more all u.s. fans that you love. You are our life was thank you have no shame that we do. You taught in a face our fears of front and fight them," Gabriela Guiao wrote.
And on Twitter, the concern was equally as evident. "We love you+want you to be healthy. Sometimes, you need to put yourself first. Your health is always a primary concern. @ladygaga," @MarcMonster wrote.
- Wow,I thought Madge would be first in line for hip surgery!
- Madge is completely bionic now. She will be around flashing her cooch for the cockroaches after the apocalypse.
- Although I am sick of her, and she stopped being relevant years ago, Madonna was very focused and kept her shit together. For three decades. GaGa is already saturated and seems to not have any gameplan. That deposition she gave also made her seem either crazy or on drugs (or both). Maybe she has to go to serious rehab? But canceling a tour at her age for hip surgery is sad. I hope she gets better for herself, not her fans because they have moved on.
- Isn't she very short? Short people have a hard time keeping the weight off as they age.
- FFS, you bitches are cruel.
I have a friend with Lupus, this is no laughing matter! Criticize her later!
I'm not even her fan, but since I have a very very good BFF who has Lupus I've been following this Lupus/Gaga thing.
1. She tested pos for Lupus years ago then said she didn't really have it. I just think she was in denial.
2. Lupus can kill. It killed Lucy in 2009(of Lucy & The Sky With Diamonds - Beatles song fame), it killed Gaga's aunt in 1974. This shit is deadly.
3. It is debilitating, and my friend with Lupus, who has a sister who denied she had Lupus....the sister is now out of work, not even getting SSI. She was a VP of a big company, now nothing.
4. Gaga has been working way too hard, wearing those heels that probably did her no good. She's actually NOT going to recover from this, she will never be like she was again.
This is probably the first deadly horrible Lupus flare she's had.
I do not like or care about her but the Lupus thing is deadly & I hope she is out of denial that she has it.
She will never be able to tour like she did. I hope she made oodles of money because her money making days are behind her & she's going to need great health care.
- I hope she will do an acoustic album now that she probably won't be dancing again. She's actually a very good singer and musician. There are some clips on youtube of her playing the piano and singing, no gimmicks, just singing and she sounds great.
The studios always force these artists to become something they are not just so more records can be sold. Britney used to belt out songs on the Mickey Mouse Club, better than Christina even. Then they changed her voice into that sexkitten baby-doll sound she has now.
- I worked with a lady who had lupus. She died from it at age 38.
- LONG LIVE GAGA! Get well soon!
- She's just annoying and sad now. No one cares about her anymore.
- R80 I always laugh when people say Madonna hasn't been relevant in years.
Her album sales since 2005 have been quite strong considering people stopped buying CD's around that time
Confessions on a Dancefloor sold 11 itmillion. Ww in 2005, the biggest selling album released that year
Hung Up the first single set a Guinness World Record by going to #1 in 43 countries it also sold more than 9 million copies the biggest selling single of Madonna's career.
Hard Candy sold 4 million copies in 2008 one of the top 10 biggest selling albums of the year
Lead single 4 minutes went to #1 in 37 countries, sold more than 6 million copies including over 3 million in the US making it her biggest selling single in the US at 50 years old!
Then she did her Superbowl halftime show which not only became the most watched halftime show ever but the most watched show in US TV HISTORY!
MDNA did set an iTunes record at first by going to #1 in over 50 countries, but then quickly fell off the charts due to lack of promotion, barely none, and ended up only selling 1.8 million.
However she is still selling more than any over 50 artist and even more than 40 something divas like Janet and Mariah did with their last albums
I don't even wanna bring up Madonna's record breaking touring numbers since 2004, let's just say since then her tours have grossed a combined box office office of over 1 BILLION DOLLARS with only 289 shows played.
- R87, can we keep this thread about shitting on Gaga and not make it into another one of those unmourned Madonna-and-her-fans vs. The World threads that were the rage in 2012?
- Let's have a look at Madonna's chart success in the 2000's
According to IFPI the international chart system Madonna was the 5th biggest selling artist worldwide during the 00s. The 4 artists that sold more than her were Eminem, Britney, Robbie Williams and Norah Jones
Madonna was the 3rd highest grossing touring act of the 00s and top female the 2 artists who's tours grossed more were US and the Rolling Stones. They however did WAY MORE SHOWS than Madonna
Madonna had 9 #1 singles on the United World Charts more than any artist during the 2000s, she has a career total of 22 #1 singles on the World charts more than any artist in history
Madonna sold more singles than any act during the 2000s and won Billboards Top Selling Singles act of the decade award. She sold more singles in both the US and Worlwide.
Where's this Madonna hasn't been relevant in years shit coming from?
- I read that she tore her labia.
- R88 sorry for going off topic, but I just hate when people talk out of their ass and you present them with FACTS and they have nothing to say.
- Fuck who cares about this has-been.
Next 2 minute wonder please!
- "Britney used to belt out songs on the Mickey Mouse Club, better than Christina even."
Oh, my sides!
- Britney plus Christina don't even equal ONE Annette.
- This is karmic retribution for the Little Ghouls making cracks about Madonna breaking a hip.
- So true R95 Gaga fans are scary.
- Except for Madonna, the successful Pop stars now are associated with Jay-Z: Beyone; Rihanna; Rita Ora; Timberlake; etc.
- If she has lupus, it makes sense why she's "over touring". She knows her time is short.
- [quote]But seriously, Madonna's over twice her age and seems to endure the physical demands of a tour.
Madonna is a fucking genius when it comes to performing.
She surrounds herself with high energy dancers in their 20s.
Most people never notice that she only does maybe 1 out of 10 of the dance moves and a whole lot of posing while singing.
She's got it down to a science.
- Isn't Lupus one of those diseases that only women (and gay men) seem to get.
- Since when does she have lupus?
- W&W, R88.
Bitchy and witty, with self-reference to old DL. Classic.
- r99 correct
r102 she tested positive for lupus, but in the linked article it didn't say her results. She tested positive, I read that elsewhere. Article is from 2010.
She never should have been smoking pot on stage or in her personal life with this disease. She was pictured smoking joints on stage. Oh well the ego is big, till now.
- Here's where she says she has it "kind of" at the link in 2010.
There is no "kind of" when you test positive for Lupus, you have it (pos) or you don't (neg).
Now it seems to have kicked in.
BTW, it's a black mostly disease with a lot of Italians getting it and some others. The reason the Italians have it are that the and blacks & Romans/Italians mixed a lot more a long time ago. Also the Moors were black as well.
- Gaga also feels that Lupus will end her career.
- She burned herself out, I predicted this a few years ago. She's too intense all the time. Hope she gets better.
- Lupus is more likely to occur among women of color in general. Does she have it or not? I'm confused. She's still over, though.
"Lupus is two to three times more prevalent among women of color -- African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Asians, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders -- than among Caucasian women"
- r108 yes she has it. She tested positive for it - she told her fans in 2010 that she tested positive for it via the LAT link. But she said she only had it "a little bit", which I've explained is bs. There is no little bit. She has it. It's kicking in.
- "Lady Gaga @ladygaga
I hid it from my staff, I didn't want to disappoint my amazing fans. However after last nights performance I could not walk and still can't
12 Feb Lady Gaga @ladygaga
I've been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for sometime now,over the past month it has worsened. I've been praying it would heal
12 Feb Lady Gaga @ladygaga
There's an unfortunate announcement coming out right now, concerning myself and the Born This Ball. Im so sorry. I barely know what to say."
Chronic pain for a month. Unable to walk. Lupus has kicked in and it's horrible.
- Lupus is a disease more common to women of color r101, not white women. Thus, there's no advantage in faking it for drama and sympathy. If you have it you get sick and eventually die--period.
- I think your point about why an Italian woman would get it is proably right, R109. I wonder how prevelant it is among the Spanish. I guess you can die from it.
- "This is karmic retribution for the Little Ghouls making cracks about Madonna breaking a hip."
But enjoying this news is the height of compassion.
- So much ignorance here.
Lupus is actually highest among the Swedes.
An sorry... nope... Italians have no more black blood than other white folk:
- r112 - I have no idea about Spanish women getting it. The only people I've known that have had it are real life black people that I've known, real life Ital-Amer, and celebs usually black that get it or Italian-Amer. But that doesn't mean that it's not mixed in with Spanish blood. I'm sure it is.
Lucy Vodden (Lucy in the Skies With Diamonds) was blonde/Irish/Brit & got it too.
The UK has the biggest best Lupus clinic - found out last night from googling. It's the Louise Coote Clinic at St. Joseph Hospital. However getting a referral from one's GP in the UK almost impossible. Many go to a private clinic to get the initial dx bc the UK's fucked up like that. You have to get referrals to specialists, and if your GP doesn't refer you you're kind of stuck.
"Lupus is a world-wide problem. As the diagnosis depends on a complex clinical and laboratory tests its frequency is only accurately known amongst some American groups and West European Caucasians. Its frequency has been estimated to be between 1:2,000 of the population in Sweden and 1:10,000 of the population in some southern European countries and parts of the United States. It is often thought that the relatively high frequency in Sweden is due to the close monitoring of the health service and that the frequency elsewhere may be higher if the patients were examined or monitored more carefully. Those who take this view generally support the idea that lupus may be equally common amongst Caucasian populations amounting to a frequency of approximately 1:2,000 which suggests that, as a serious disease, lupus ranks with other diseases such as multiple sclerosis and sickle cell anaemia as a serious world health problem.
- according to this .gov website
"African-American women are three times more likely to get lupus than white women. African-American women tend to develop lupus at a younger age and have more severe symptoms than white women."
- How do you "test positive for lupus"? There is a universal blood test for lupus?
- Black women - 1 in 250 have lupus - dx'd. That doesn't include the un-dx'd due to poor health care.
That is MUCH higher than Swedes which is 1:2000
- & it's not just BW or IAW, it's black men. Seal has it, so does Nick Cannon.
- r118 it's an Anti-Nuclear Antibody Test. If you test positive like Gaga did, you have it. More at the link.
- Can we get back to Gaga being ova please!
- The stats are really interesting in the UK vs the the USA. In the UK the stats for ethnicities with Lupus are this:
"in the UK:
one in every 5,000 white women will develop SLE
one in every 1,000 women of Chinese origin will develop SLE
one in every 625 African Caribbean women will develop SLE"
Whereas in the USA, it is 1 in every 250 AAW.
- Oh damn, I think I murdered this thread.
- Um, she has hip problems.
Something about the ligaments in her hip.
Surgery and time off.
- Actually, this fiasco is ideal for GaGa.
With a diagnosis like this, she can cancel her shows and remaining tours and her tour insurance will kick in and cancel any debts she would have incurred. Everyone's contract get's paid off, payments are made to the venues, and GaGa does not have to go through the utter humiliation of trying to fill seats in her tour with ticket giveaways, 2-4-1 specials, Groupon deals, etc.
- r125 - it's called Synovitus and it's related to Lupus, in fact it's a Lupus symptom.
- Surgery isn't going to fix the Lupus. She said she's had it "for over a month". Lupus is an immune disorder, yes it can mock Fibro, but you can actually test for it, and she's tested positive.
- I know this is Snark Central, but there hasn't been any celebrity in the last 10-20 years who has tried to do as much for gay people and she isn't even gay.
- Here you go, bitches. From today's Popbitch newsletter:
Which pop star is really starting
to feel the affects from their
monster cocaine habit?
- If she can't walk, it's probably because of those fucked-up shoes.
- The drugs (like coke, mj) would only exacerbate the Lupus symptoms. She's a full on idiot if she was messing with them. I only know she was smoking mj on stage about a month ago, now she's totally ill.
There could be a connection to her Lupus symptoms, pain and being on stage. She said she's been in chronic pain "for over a month", which could be why she gained weight, smoked on stage, etc.
- "Although there was wide variation in the prevalence of lupus worldwide, the highest prevalences were reported in Italy, Spain, Martinique, and the UK Afro-Caribbean population."
Someone was asking about Spain & Lupus. I think this was just a UK study though.
- [quote] Anti-Nuclear Antibody Test. If you test positive like Gaga did, You have it.
I had a positive ANA test and I had Lyme, not Lupus.
- The stats for Italy & Lupus are one of the highest in Europe, percentage wise. There's only 58m people in Italy.
300,000 people (nearly) have Lupus out of 58m. Very high.
PS, ty WM for saving this thread. I hope we can get the msg out about Lupus.
- [quote] She said she's been in chronic pain "for over a month
She's been in acute pain for over a month.
Chronic pain is long term. Much longer than just over one month.
- Maybe she was smoking the marijuana to help the pain and nausea from lupus. Going from coke to pot might also explain why she gained weight.
- Sorry CUNTS but she was epic at her Los Angeles show on Feb 20th.
And I'm an old bitch.
r129 speaks the truth!
- Positive ANA tests are associated with other disorders besides lupus:
dermatomyositis or polymyositis
mixed connective tissue disease,
- So...there is a chance she will die?
- Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
- r140 - possibly she could. Lupus flares do kill & her aunt with Lupus died in 1974.
- Ugh. McDonald's makes a lot of money, but no one confuses it with nutrition. Madonna is not making good music. Has not for a long time.
- Madonna's last great album was Confessions on a Dancefloor it came out in November 2005 sold 11 milliin worldwide (without 99cent Amazon ) discounts. It has a 84% positive review rating on Metacritic and won her another Grammy.
It actually jumpstarted the whole EDM movement
- Re: lupus
"Tests for the disease, though, are problematic; no single result cinches the diagnosis"
You don't "test positive for lupus." ANA testing can be positive in other disorders and it is positive in some perfectly healthy people. You don't automatically have lupus because you had a positive ANA.
- Lupus is a syndrome--you're considered to have it if you have X out of Y symptoms. Blood tests are not definitive for it.
- In total, 22 shows were cancelled, forcing the refund of roughly 200,000 tickets worth approximately $25 million in gross ticket sales, Billboard estimates.
Through Jan. 17, the “BTWB” tour had grossed $168.2 million and moved 1.6 million tickets to 85 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore, with Asia, Europe, and South American legs already completed in 2012. The North American leg, which was to wrap the tour and was almost completely sold out, would have likely put the tour at more than $200 million gross, easily in the top 20 tours of all time and probably in the top 15. As it stands, Gaga finished sixth among all touring artists in 2012, with a gross of $125 million and attendance of more than 1.1 million, according to Boxscore.
- She better save her pennies from this tour then. She won't be dancing for awhile
- R147 I wouldn't say her tour was an all out flop but it was nowhere near the hit her and her obnoxious monsters were predicting
By comparison Madonna did 88 dates on her MDNA tour, it grossed $305 million (years #1 tour) and had an attendance of over 2.2 mimillion
Her delusional monsters were running around saying Gaga would slaughter Madonna om tour, that Madonna is old, she should be dying soon and joking that she should be doing concerts in retirement homes.
It was not only disrespectful, considering without Madonna Gaga wouldn't even exist, buy delusional if they think this glorified drag/tribute act with a well known cocaine problem would ever topple the REAL Queen of Pop.
Madonna has been in the game for over 30 years, she's witnessed and outlastd all these pop bitches.
Shit in the late 80s people were saying more wholesome female artists like Debbie Gibson, Tiffany and Paula Abdul would replace Madonna. Look what happened
Madonna's legacy is secure she's in the R&R HOF. She's the biggest selling female artist in music history and now the highest grossing solo touring artist of all time.
Gaga not so much she has too keep touring and releaseing albums because if she doesn't she's done and her deranged little monsters will move on to the next flavor of the moment
- All this talk about cocaine has me craving something fierce!
- I don't believe she can't walk. I think her problem is low ticket sales and too much coke.
- r151, the truth is probably a combination.
If she does have lupus, or any kind of autoimmune syndrome disorder, I can't imagine that cocaine wouldn't exacerbate it.
The person who posted about the hip injury being related to lupus is correct.
I have a feeling Gaga is trying to walk a fine line between announcing it outright, which would seriously hinder her career, and not mentioning it, which would prompt rumours about other issues.
- Thanks, R133. I was the one who asked about the prevalence of lupus among the Spanish. I had a feeling that it would be more prevalent among the Italians and the Spanish.
- I once had the butterfly rash my face due to medication. I am white, male, and due not have any black ancestry.
I believe it is due to immunity issues.
- I once had a butterfly smash into my face due to medication.
- Synovitis is a serious fucking condition - but surprised she has it at her age - this doesn't bode well
- Yeah OK, but let me get this straight...she still CAN die, right?
- Knowing how Lupus works, I believe her 100%.
- She burned herself out, I predicted this a few years ago. She's too intense all the time. Hope she gets better.
by: Anonymous\treply 107\t02/14/2013 @ 05:27PM
Thats about it. Coke burns you out quick also all that traveling binging tweaking and pill popping plus low ticket sales.
- She seemed to tour an inordinate amount of time for the amount of time she had been around and the number of albums she had released.
Is that simply because touring is where the money is?
I never really liked her music, but she seems to have had a very good run, albeit in a relatively condensed period of time. I wonder if she'll still be huge after this setback. I mean, she was already starting to get repetitive, so what can she do now?
- Touring is where the money is. Record sales are nothing. It's why Rihanna, Katy Perry, Beyawnce, etc always tour.
So for gaga, it's prob the end of the line for touring like that with Lupus rearing it's head.
I have no idea about the coke references in this thread, but if she used coke, and she was doing endless tours & she KNEW damn well she was pos for Lupus...she's an idiot. Still I feel sorry for her. Lupus is horrific & can kill.