- DL fave Constance McCashin.
- Ken Wahl
- Richard Moll
- 99.9% of people from the 70's and 80's.
- I thought Michael Pare and Ken Wahl were mostly seen on the big screen.
- John Schuck
- June Lockhart
- Barbara Sian Allen
- Cristina Raines
- Peter Barton
- Didn't SSJ retire from the business after "Kate & Allie" went off the air?
- WHET Michale Pare? He was IT, man, back in the day.
- Wasn't SSJ married to a big television exec? Dick Ebersol, maybe?
- Pamela Hensley
- Jo Anne Worley has been doing a lot of theater work in recent years.
- SSJ is married to Dick Ebersol and their family was in a plane crash in 2004. Her youngest son died and she was actually getting sympathy e-mails and writing the people back, I remember reading an article about it where she was encouraging people to write her because she needed something to do.
- William Russ.
- Jay Thomas! My god, I wanted him to fuck my entire hole back in the early 90s.
- I just saw William Russ in something. I think it was a crime show and usually when you recognize the actor he turns out to be the perp. But Russ had about two lines early on, then disappeared.
He can't even get arrested on t.v.
- linda purl
- [quote]June Lockhart
She's a NASA rep and was in LA recently to welcome the Shuttle to our Space Museum.
- ...was recently in LA...
- Anyone have the Susan St. James e mail address. I would love to reach out to her.
I adore her.
- Johnny Whitaker
- ha, Rock Hudson hated Susan Saint James. For some reason.
JoAnn Worley was just on "Curb Your Enthusiasm", the last season. To my surprise.
- Martha Byrne. She was the friggin' diva of ATWT for a billion years and then she quit and that was it.
- Susan Saint James lost her youngest son in a plane crash and had a rough time with it...
- Shaun Cassidy, Parker Stevenson, Leif Garrett
Milton Berle's footlong trouser snake
- Oprah had SSJ and family on a year or two after the plane crash. God, it was heartbreaking.
I think that she was very involved in the Connecticut special olympics after she retired from acting.
- Joe Regalbuto had a guest role on Southland, but seems to have moved behind the camera. He has directed several episodes of Hot in Cleveland and Happily Divorced this season.
- Susan has been acting a bit.
She was on several episodes of Suits in 2011.
- Michelle Green
- That curly haired blond who played a hero
- I love Susan Saint James!
The Ghost of Nancy Walker
- Rusty Hamer
- STEPfanie moved to Las Vegas a few months ago in order to establish herself as a chanteuse.
- Some of these people are still working, they just don't get press anymore or are under the radar or work sporadically.
- Phyllis Davis from Vega$
- [quote]That curly haired blond who played a hero[/quote]
Flying away on a wing and prayer, who could it be? Believe it or not, it's just me -- William Katt!
LOVED that show! One of the great tv theme songs, too. Whenever I hear it on the 80s station at work, it makes me smile.
- "Kiss my grits!"
- Jay Thomas is on Sirius radio
- Buddy Foster (Jodie's older brother) from "Mayberry R.F.D."
- Peter Barton and Kevin Brophy (another WHET) each received an inheritance of $500K from someone they never knew or met.
Laurie Prange. She was everywhere during the 70s.
- Speaking of Phyllis Davis (who I always thought was really beautiful & sexy).....not too long ago, I watched a 1982 TV movie called "The Wild Women of Chastity Gulch" on YouTube, in which Davis played a prostitute named Sugar.
Brought to you by Aaron Spelling, the cast was a veritable who's who of early '80s television -- Joan Collins, Lee Horsley, Priscilla Barnes, Davis, Morgan Brittany, Lisa Whelchel, Donny Osmond, Howard Duff, Pamela Bellwood, and Jeanette Nolan. The women of a southern town -- both reputable & irreputable -- band together to defend it, while all the men are away fighting in the Civil War. One those "so bad, it's good" TV movies.
- Lee Horsley. Yum...and his side kick from his PI show Matt Dallas. Can't remember her name. Erin something?
Jaye P. Morgan and Nipsy Russell seemed like they were everywhere in the seventies.
- [quote] STEPfanie moved to Las Vegas a few months ago in order to establish herself as a chanteuse.
I saw Stepfanie perform her American Songbook show here in L.A. a couple of years ago.
She was very good, and very sweet when I met her after the show.
- Never mind. Nipsy is dead.
- Nipsey Russell died a couple of years ago.
- I'd almost forgotten about William Russ, R17. I thought he was sexy on Wise Guy.
- Buddy Foster was my first crush as a little boy. hot kid especially when you're a kid too.
- Karen Valentine
The Landers Sisters
Pamela Sue MArtin
- Sarah Palin
- Chick who played the original Fallon on Dynasty....
- Stephanie Zimbalist
- Haywood Nelson
- Lee Horsley has a small role in "Django Unchained".
Honestly, he didn't look that good.
- Shelley Fabares
Mary Kay Place
- Yes, R54! Loved me some Stephanie Zimbalist!! As I recall, she did a few TV movies & guest spots, post-Steele, but then more or less disappeared from TV, into regional theater.
- Arlene Golonka
- Shari Belafonte.
- It`s Matt Houston 45,you aren`t trolling ,aren`t you? Matt Dallas is ,as we all know, the Kyle XY actor who came out last month .And Lee`s sidekick was Pamela Hensley.
- R57? There's a good reason why Debralee Scott hasn't been seen for awhile. She's been dead since 2005.
- I saw a "Flying Nun" rerun over the weekend with Ruta Lee AND Dick Gautier! Jackpot!
- There's a Debralee Scott section on Findadeath. In fact, I bet many people we haven't heard from lately may be on there.
- Crusader Rabbit
- Susan Saint James is on Twitter. She's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and she opens up ever spam direct message she receives, causing all of her followers to be spammed. A week later, she'll apologize and then do the same thing over again. This happens with hilarious regularity.
Of course, clearly I'm not the brightest either, because I continue to follow her.
- Shelley Smith - beautiful blonde who was on every hourlong drama in the 1980s (and was probably the best player on Pyramid ever -- obviously super-brainy). She got out of acting and became a therapist.
- Ann Jillian, who recently had a hilarious thread here on DL that ran for pages.
Audrey and Judy Landers, who were all over TV in the 80s and then as soon as the decade was over they disappeared.
- Wasn't William Russ the sexy dad on Boy Meets World? So Wiseguy wasn't the end of him.
He was so sexy.
What happened to Stephanie Powers? Is she living on and running William Holden's African refuge?
- Stephanie Powers is about to play Tallulah Bankhead in the national tour of "Looped" because Valerie Harper dropped out due to illness.
- Erin Gray, the beautiful female lead from Buck Rogers in 25th Century & Silver Spoons.
I actually looked her up recently....she now runs a company called "Heroes for Hire" which books former sci-fi actors for conventions/personal appearances, and teaches tai-chi classes.
- If the Boy Meets World spin off gets a series greenlight, we might see William Russ again on TV.
- P.S. she was smokin' hot in her Buck Rogers spandex body-suits.....
- Pinky Lee.
- Susan St James was stunning back in the day. I loved her voice as well.
- Michelle Greene was a good pick. A lot of these names pop up on DL from time to time, but I haven't heard of Michelle since LA Law went off the air.
- I loved Michelle Greene on LA Law!
- Michelle Green was (is?), for some strange reason, a big star in Mexico.
- Speaking of Susan St. James (from TV's 'Kate and Allie'), we never hear about Jane Curtin, 'Allie,' any longer--who was also famous as the co-anchor, "Jane, you ignorant slut" on SNL's 'Weekend Update' with Chevy Chase.
- Kit McDonough!
- Jane had a pretty good run on "Third Rock From The Sun" R79
- R81. Oh, okay; didn't know that. I hardly watch any network television. I always liked Jane Curtain.
But my facorite on SNL was Larraine Newman, and I don't hear about her any longer either.
R79, MSNBC viewer
- I thought Lorraine was the least talented of the original cast..
- Dianne Kay, Connie Needham, Grant Goodeve, and pretty much all of Eight is Enough.
Judy Norton, Kami Cotler, and pretty much all of The Waltons.
Fred Grandy, Lauren Tewes, Ted Lange, and pretty much all of The Love Boat.
Sarah Purcell, Skip Stephenson, John Barbour, and pretty much all of Real People.
- All of WKRP.
- [quote] All of WKRP
Well, Gordon Jump is dead.
- r84, Skip Stevenson died a number of years ago.
- Yes, Gordon Jump is playing Tarzan in Heaven with Gary Coleman, as they watch porno cartoons.
- Wow R87, you're not kidding. He died in 1992! He was 52 -- I didn't realize he was that old on Real People, I thought he was late 20s, and he was actually 10 years older.
- Christine Belford. I can't be the only one who remembers her - she guest-starred on pretty much every tv show for a good 10 years or more.
- Helen Lawson
- Connie Needham runs a dance company. She recovered from ovarian cancer a couple years ago. Dianne still acts some, still looks great. Ditto Grant.
- I remember her, R90. Mostly as Joel Higgins' ex-wife on SILVER SPOONS.
Her last credit on IMDB was in 2007. She's been married to Nicholas Pryor since 1993.
- Erin Gray...the mother on Silver Spoons.
- Season Hubley
- Click on the link and throw a dart. There's an 75% chance you'll hit a name that you haven't heard from since 1983.
- Reading through the names in this thread is really bringing back memories - I remember almost all of these actors and actresses. What strikes me is how so many of them were familiar presences on tv shows for years - working steadily - and then suddenly they just seemed to stop working and disappeared from the public eye. Hollywood can be a weird place.
- What happened to Meredith Baxter-Birney's ex from Baxter loves Birney or whatever that show was called?
Lots of tv people have disappeared. I assume they found alternative careers if they were smart.
- I miss Neely O'Hara.
- Oh, who's that adorable little cherub of an actress? Played a nun or a chicken or something that flew? So quaint! So much charisma and she was just made for the small screen.
- Ethyl, The Flying Squab?
- Delta Burke, WEHT? And her husband Gerald McRaney? And his co-star Shanna Reed from Major Dad??
- WHET Parker Lewis?
That girl who played the daughter in MY Two Dads and Where are the Two dads. WHET them?
WHET to the Black Ranger from Power Rangers?
And the Cast from California Dreams WHET?
- Parker Stevenso
- R85 I loved WKRP in Cincinnati so much. It was easily one of the best sitcoms ever made. It's a shame the show (in its original form) will never be seen again. The syndicated episodes had all the music changed (from popular hits of the late '70s/early '80s to generic crap '90s-sounding music). Some of the dialogue was changed as well. Some episodes just do not work without the original songs. It's a shame that younger people will never know this show as it was originally presented. It's also a shame that the original fans of the show will never see it as it was again. Great stuff.
Gary Sandy's Moose-Knuckle
- Igloo Sue and the Eskimo Crew.
- Diana Muldaur.....she made a huge SPLAT in L.A. Law as Rosalind Shays....
- Kristy and Jimmy McNichol. Probably the most talented teens on TV at the time. Both were terrific actors and they made at least one awesome hit rock album together (circa 1978). Their album was the one I played over and over again in my early teens. Jimmy was my first crush, along with Lance Kerwin (another WEHT).
- [quote]linda purl
She keeps busy: she's done guest spots on True Blood, Homeland, and The Office
- The McNichols both have "problems". What the hell happened to them in childhood?
- Michelle Lee
- Karen Valentine owns this thread.
- Markie Post (in fact the whole Night Court cast except for Larroquette)
- I saw Susan Saint James yesterday as a defense attorney on a rerun of SVU.
Christine Belford, who played the Baroness von Gunther, also lived in the Amityville Horror house growing up. Not surprisingly, she said it wasn't haunted.
- R24 -- Johnny Whitaker is still around. Barely. Take a peek at his latest grade z venture, a part in one of David Cock-teau's "films".
I dare you to freeze the frame at 0:57...
- Gerald McRaney was in "House of Cards" with Kevin Spacey.
- R117 I assume Gerald was the top.
- R116 I saw Johnny Whitaker somewhere recently and was almost floored. He looked exactly like his TV father, Brian Keith. I was shocked. The resemblance was uncanny.
- Gerald is on Mike and Molly
Joe still directs sit come
- R119 -- that's exactly what I was thinking. He does look a lot like Keith, except perhaps older.
He's supposedly 52 years old, but looks closer to 75, if not older, especially in that clip at R116.
- Pam Dawber! Where the hell has she been since her sister Sam was murdered by that stalker?
- R84, Grant Goodeve is on television here in Seattle 5 nights a week, for the last 14 years.
And he looks great for 60 years old.
- R110 - I loved Linda Purl on Homeland.
- Lyle Waggoner
Paul Michael Glaser
- Dick Van Patten
Vince Van Patten
The Entire Cast of The Love Boat
Cast of WKRP in Cincinnati
Philip Michael Thomas
Jimmy Walker, Ralph Carter, Bern Nadette Stanis
- R125 I saw Julia Duffy in a production of "The Heiress" (with Richard Chamberlain) at the Pasadena Playhouse last year.
- But really, WEHT Phillip Michael Thomas? Did he ever do anything after Miamai Vice?
And if not, why not?
He coudn't have been any more of an asshole than Don Johnson and he Don kept working (for awhile).
- Good for Grant Goodeve. He is still really good looking.
There are so many actors in TV that it must be very difficult to stay on the top of a casting agent's list; once you begin to age, you must realize that you're no longer on the "go to" list.
It's probably depressing and disheartening.
If Goodeve found success and happiness with his family in the NW hosting a local show and doing some HGTV, well he pays the bills and is still to some extent in the industry he wanted to be a part of.
- I doubt anyone remembers him but I used to be crazy about Kristoffer Tabori. He had a failed series back in the early '80s ("Chicago Story" on NBC in which he played a doctor opposite Maud Adams) and did several TV movies in the '70s. He's also the son of the late Viveca Lindfors. Anyway, I thought he was so fucking hot back in those days.
- Gil Gerard
Clarence Willaims III
- Gerald McRaney has been on Justified the last coule of weeks.
Shelley Long pops up on Modern Family as Claire and Mitchell's mother.
Peter Scolari has most recently appeared as Tubby's father in Girls
- Bess Armstrong
- R122, Pam Dawber seems quite content with being Mrs. Mark Harmon these days. I don't think they ever worked as a couple where both of them were ridiculously popular at the same time.
- I saw Pam Dawber being interviewed on some sort. I know she isn't really Mindy, but she was such a cunt, I was disappointed.
- I'd love to know whatever happened to Mark Shera. He was so hot and worked a lot in the '70s, but eventually seemed to vanish off the face of the earth.
Also Kin Shriner.
- R78, Michele Greene is actually half-Mexican, and she's an excellent singer in both English and Spanish. She fronts a band.
Several years ago, she married and divorced within the same year. Shortly after, the city of L.A. had some kind of mishap that caused a ton of sewage to flood her "house that L.A. Law bought." Greene woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of water entering her home. She had to run downstairs through the raw sewage to rescue her dog and cat.
- I went to college with Mark Shera when he was Mark Shapiro.
He was very handsome back then but so bland he never got cast in important roles (this was around 1970 when bland was considered deadly). But that very handsome blandness got him to Hollywood TV land and he is the only person from school who ultimately had much professional success as an actor in any medium.
I, too, wonder weht.
- R137 She'll never be the face of Carnival Cruise Lines.
- I remember Kristoffer Tabori in a prison TV movie where he got raped ("Not a feather on him", the rapist says, which made me shudder in a good way, ha) by another prisoner or many. First time as a kid I knew that could even happen and must say it stuck with me all these years, ha. He was adorable.
- Speaking of Johnny whitaker, METV will have a block of Family Affair this Sunday.
Mark Shera....so cute. Watched SWAT just for him but even as a kid, I had a feeling he was a few cans short of a six pack.
I think Paul Michael Glaser went into directing.
- Bruce Penhall from Chips
- Anyone from "Rich Man, Poor Man" who wasn't Nick Nolte, particularly Peter Strauss and Susan Blakely (who still looks great, by the way).
- Billy Moses, who played Cole on Falcon Crest.
I recently saw a clip of him on an early 80's edition of Battle of the Network Stars. He was a great athlete and looked really good sporting his speedo.
R136, it was recently announced that Kin Shriner will be returning soon to General Hospital as Scotty Baldwin.
- Billy Moees was in the original Mekrose Place as Keith, Alison's boyfriend turned stalker.
- Yeah, I just loved Billy Moesese on Mekrose Place.
- Really, R144? Nice. Though I don't watch GH, I might tape an ep one day just to see what Kin looks like now.
Back in the day he was THE finest thing on tv in my opinion, with an ass and a swagger I just couldn't get enough of. But also saw him interviewed a few times and always found him to be very strange, though I also got a gay vibe from him (which may have been just wishful thinking on my part).
Anyway, thanks for letting me know.
- Dan Gauthier - still gorgeous
- Dirk Benedict, of Battlestar Galactica & The A-Team. He had a cameo in the A-Team movie, couple years ago, but hasn't done much else in way of acting, in recent years. I think he looks pretty good for 67....
- [quote]Markie Post (in fact the whole Night Court cast except for Larroquette)
I don't know about her acting career, but Markie Post is really into competitive cake decorating. A friend of mine goes to a convention in Vegas every year and Markie is usually there. According to my friend, Markie is talented and really nice. I've heard negative stuff about her in the past, so I'm glad she's nice to the cake crew.
- Doug Barr, formerly of "The Fall Guy" with Lee Majors
- Markie Post was in There's Something About Mary. But I guess that was 10-15 years ago. Time flies...
- ROSE MARIE!!!!
- Phyllis Diller. Why don't we see her anymore?
- R154=Larry King
- R68, one of the Landers sisters played Bruce Campbell's girlfriend on Burn Notice.
- Morgan Stevens, who played a teacher in the early seasons of "Fame."
- `he Don kept working for awhile`,R128? Phillip Michael Thomas was working Don Johnson? Hmmmm...
- Many TV actors with steady gigs in their own shows eventually become just reliable guest stars (on the A-list shows of today).On the other hand,there are really hundreds of shows for them to appear in in ,and if that pays their bills...
- Morgan Stevens was seriously injured I believe by the police.
- A picture of Stevens
- One of the reasons we love the Warner Archive Home Video website is because they bring us miniseries from the heyday of TV dramas in the 708s and 80s - featuring many of the stars mentioned above (check out their latest releases, like Morgan Stevens in "Roses are for the Rich")
- Speaking of "Fame," Michael DeLorenzo, who also went on to star in "New York Undercover" in the '90s.
You still see Malik Yoba around but MD, despite a few obscure titles of late on his IMDb page, more or less vanished after it was over.
- "That curly haired blond who played a hero"
He is the son of Della Street.
- r125, I heard that Joe and Perry used to fool around together...
- [quote] Doug Barr, formerly of "The Fall Guy" with Lee Majors
I always preferred his sister, Gay.
- Mark Shera! My God, had such a crush on him in his Barnaby Jones days when I was a little kid. Nice pic of him on his imdb page. Not sure if it's recent, but if it is, he looks really good for 63!
- r140 - That TV movie was called "The Glass House". It was adapted from a story by Truman Capote.
- The date under this photo of Mark Shera says June 9, 2012, so yes, fairly recent and yes, he looks good.
According to IMDb, he has no credit since 2002, so wonder what he's been doing since then.
- According to his imdb board, Shera gave up acting and runs his own sound production company in LA called "Impromptu, Inc."
- John Calvin. Had a crush on him.
- Cynthia Gibb.
- Add me to the Mark Shera fan club. I think he was my first gay crush watching Barnaby Jones with my grandma as a young boy back then. Glad to see how good he looks today. Very little info about him online. Married? Kids?
- Stephanie Zimbalist
- [quote]ha, Rock Hudson hated Susan Saint James. For some reason.
Wrong, they were close friends until Rock's death.
Lot's of these actors do the autograph show circuit. Erin Gray is an agent who books them.
- Speaking of Erin Gray, guess we should add Gil Gerard to the list.
Also Carlo Imperato (Danny from "Fame").
- R174 - I loved Stephanie. She's still working, though not as much. She will be in something called Hamlet's Ghost (see link).
R176 - I thought Carlo/Danny was the least talented of the Fame kids.
- Last I heard, Stefanie Kramer was sing oldies at a gay bar in Palm Springs. Life's a bitch.
- They all moved to Connecticut. No, really. Susan St. James, Polly Bergen, Karen Valentine, Lucie Arnaz, Christine Baranski......
- Mel Harris of thirtysomething
- Timothy Busfield
- Lyle Waggoner started a company called 'Star Waggons' that rents trailers to movie and tv productions, and he's made a killing off of it.
- Vesta Winthrop
- MONTE MARKHAM!!
Just saw him in a GOLDEN GIRLS episode last night, looked him up, and he's still kicking. And working!
- James Sutorius
- Jay Thomas appears on David Letterman every christmas for the traditional knocking of them meatball off of the christmas tree. He's still a hot little daddy.
- The girls from Give me a break! Ha, I only said that because everyone seems to have listed the all the obvious choices.
- One of the Gimme A Break girls left showbiz and became a successful lawyer. It was the brunette daughter who didn't wear glasses.