- My view of Murray has improved since the U.S. Open. I love his strong, muscular legs and pert ass. Pity about the face.
- No red carpet thread?
- Frank Ocean is performing Forrest Gump.
- Tiffani Thiessen's fat face just swallowed the red carpet!
- Did anyone see Tim & Faith? Damn she looked thin and she looked like she had fillers in her cheekbones.
- nicole kidman has JOWLS
- I'm glad there is a Grammy thread. I was beginning to wonder.
- Nicole Kidman has really settled into her plastic surgery from years' past. She looks great.
Flo Rida, as ridiculous as he may be, is sort of adorable.
- riri brought her fivehead with her tonight.
- I think Ryan was having some serious prison fuck fantasies as he was interviewing FloRida (who also pings to high heaven). I'm digging Ryan's longer hair, though.
Anyone else think Kelly Rowland was thinking, 'I didn't come here to talk about Beyonce, bitch', as Giuliana was interviewing her on the red carpet?
Also, did JLo miss the No Nudity memo sent out by the Grammy committee? She's not nearly as naked as she has been in the past, but she's still showing shoulder, arm and thigh. It's like she NEEDS to be talked about, come hell or high water.
- Katy Perry's breasts are gigantic. I know that's been the case forever, but this dress is really highlighting that fact.
She'd look really great with a softer hair color.
- loved katy perry's dress - but not the hair.
- Remember when the great rock was Too Good For Grammies and the awards all went to Burt Bacharach and Hal David?
Those were win-win days...
- I think Katy gained some weight.
- justin timberlake looks awful!
- I read Taylor Swift is opening. Please tell me when she is finished so I can turn it on?
- I think Adele's dress is kind of awesome. It flatters her.
- Oh, my ears. Taylor Swift...
- How many does she need on that stage to deflect the fact she can't sing live?
- agony!! by taylor swift.
- George from E! looks like he had botox, what's up with his face?
- Taylor Swift has a guy cuffed (hands and feet) to a wheel. If a man had done that all hell would break loose. So much for equality.
- Am I dreaming this opening number?
I FUCKING HATE autotune!!
It's not because it enables bad singers to sing okay -- that's what it should be used for. If you're RiRi and a huge pop star based on whatever factors, and you really can't sing - by all means, use it. It's throwaway pop anyway, so big deal.
It's now used by legit singers as a "safety net" and it strips any hint of personality, texture, character out of anyone's voice.
Okay, end of rant.
- No shit r18. It escapes me how she's a star.
LL Coool J looks like he should be selling ice from a truck at a formal prom.
- LL looks bizarre. He's one of few black men who doesn't have the head shape to pull off a good bald look. He's a mini-cone head. Hence, the tired, tired, hat.
- What the fuck is he rambling on about?
- I want to punch Taylor right in her squinty face
- Poor Adele in that dress. BIG as a HOUSE! What was she thinking?
I love Florence Machine's dress!
Pharrell lipping great tonight too.
Beyonce looks ridiculous in tha hideous pantsuit.
- 2-time Grammy winner LL Cool J is insufferable.
- OMG, Justin Timberlake!
- [quote]How many does she need on that stage to deflect the fact she can't sing live?
Was she even trying to sing live?
- Agree, R29, but I'm betting that whole thing was written for him. And, he's not going to ad lib.
- Elton John and that kid must have been sitting next to each other while getting their hair or wigs done.
- Do you think attendees are actually excited or interested? I'm betting most are terminally bored. They attend out of obligation, for publicity and, of course, for the parties.
- Didn't like Elton's song.
- Elton John actually looks hot tonight. That blue looks sexy on him.
- Love JLo's gown.
She won't have much longer to flaunt it so best to do it now while she still can.
Poor Adele. At least she's covered.
- BONNIE RAITT WON A WELL DESERVED GRAMMY FOR THE FANTASTIC "SLIPSTREAM CD.
- The lead singer from Fun has stated he is hetero! Could have fooled me!
- Somebody needs to tell Fun that powder is your friend
- I know absolutely nothing about Fun. Are they good? This seems pretty bad. Not horrible, but really not my thing. No one's playing or singing, are they?
Because of they're name, I figured they were some techno-light, pop-dance act.
- I love Adele, but she looks like Miss Piggy in that dress.
- Jesus Christ who is this kid caterwauling? He has barely hit a right note. Now they'll hand him a Grammy. Shameful.
- Oh, my ears - part 2. Nate Ruess...
- Joan Osborne looks like Phyllis Diller!
- Everybody looks and sounds HORRIBLE.
- My auditory canals just closed for the night.
- I love the song Fun "sang". Maybe I'll just find the lyrics on a mug.
- JLo's leg looks like the trunk of my 80-year-old willow that was felled by Hurricane Sandy. and it took a superstorm (and, later, a crew of five) to bring it down.
- Who the hell is Fun????
- Another fucking tribute to Bob Marley? Seems like they do one every other year. Enough already!
- I never feel my age (47) until these music award shows come on because I do not know who the fuck most of these people are. And given how they sound, I don't think I'm missing out on much.
- Time for Bob's Burgers!!!!!!!!
- Anybody into jazz here? Pat Metheny and Ben Williams won a Grammy tonight.
- Renee Fleming won the classical Best Vocal Album award.
Once won for Best Score CD
- yay Pat
- +1 with ya' r52.
OMG John Mayer looks like the top of a carny wedding cake.
- The guitarist from Fun is fucking the lovely 'actres/director' Lena Dungham.
- R52, shut up, you are ridiculous.
I'm 65 and I know who all of these people are.
- R42, you stop that right now! That was the favorite Sunday-go-to-meetin' dress first worn by Granny Clampett.
- The lead guitarist for fun is seeing Lena Dunham.
- Adele looks like shes wearing a fat suit. Reminds me of Carol Burnett when she would wear a fat suit for a skit on her old show.
- Did you know Kanye was boycotting the show?
- Fun are fun. I like their frothy, neo-New Romantic pop.
- Remember years ago when the Grammy awards included performers from many genres, including jazz, classical, gospel, etc.
I miss that.
Yeah, I'm old
- Has fun. been on yet?
- R59, I'm very happy for you. Rock on.
- Kanye is pissed that he's not nominated for Best Album of the Year by a gay man who fucked a Kadashian.
- John Mayer is fug. C'mon k.perry we can do better than him!
- Miranda's ass looks HUGE I that dress!
- I think I saw Lena Dunham standing up after Fun's performance. She had on yellow. Only about 4 people stood & clapped.
Who was that guy that ran up to microphone & said something right as Adele was going onstage to receive her award??
- Miranda Lambert could give Jello a run for her money in the 'huge thighs' department! Yiiikes!
Do any of these people own mirrors?
- Who is the guitarist from Fun! dating?
- [quote]Fun are fun. I like their frothy, neo-New Romantic pop.
I'd like it better of it wasn't all a pre-recorded track and they weren't just acting. Seriously, I'd like to hear them live. But, I guess that's against the rules now.
- Kanye's people sent out missives asking that all pics of him in that leather kilt be pulled since it offended his thug fans who thought it was too faggy.
- I saw the same thing when that guy ran up as Adele was announced. I thought he might have brought up the award but J-lo turned and looked at him as he ran off the stage.
- Is this amateur hour? WTF is Fun?
- I liked Miguel's album, even with the modern production style. But, they're ruining this with Wiz Khalifah or whatever his name is - who is about to have a baby with Amber Rose, Kanye's former fuck.'
Here, I think they're actually signing, but clearly no one's playing the instruments.
- The Grammys gave in an allowed rappers to appear on the show but you will never see one ever win for best album or record of the year.
- R74 Sadly I believe that was live.
- Actually Fun were pretty good on SNL a few weeks ago, the lead singer has a good voice. I understand, that after the Ashley Simpson debacle a few years ago, Lorne no longer allows backing vocals, every singer must sing live.
Fuck Lena Dungham and her shit TV series.
- Is Kelly Clarkson will win grammys?
- I see Rhianna is there with the woman and gay man abuser.
- Carrie Underwood's voice hurts my ears.
Cannot stand to listen to her sing.
She is so over-rated it's unbelieveable.
- Miguel didn't get a real performance? That's bullshit.
I see all the black entertainers are relegated to the Bob Marley tribute.
- Contemporary Country all sounds like the same song.
Thank God got Merle Haggard.
- Miguel has a great voice.
Why is J-Ho even there? If I didnt put that bitch on she would be working at a bodega in the Bronx!
- Janet at r87 is eagerly awaiting the JT performance.
- I agree with the Bob Marley tribute. What was the reason for it this year?
They should have done a Donna Summer tribute instead. Five time Grammy award winner, hello!!
- I heart Carrie but would have liked to see Blake and his hooded eyes win.
- R86, you are also ridiculous.
You constantly harp with your narrow opinion of modern country music.
- I knew I always liked you, Della
- oops-for Merle Haggard.
Btw, he called himself an "idiot" for creating "Okie From Musgogee."
Of course, I'm sure he's not refusing royalties.
- Yea his fans gave him hell over that kilt. I didn't get why they made a big stink about him looking "faggy" in it. Like that is supossed to be an insult? Too bad Kayne caved in. But you have to keep the fans happy I guess.
- r88, I hope someone snatches his wig. Another one I put on that's not worth a damn!
- LL Cool J is an insufferable egomaniac. What an unlikable host who comes off as absolutely pompous and full of himself.
- r91, that's because contemporary country is a narrow genre. It's all marketed to suburban middle class women.
- Jack White is up for album of the year, he is not going to win.
Why are different genres, under the umbrella pop yet still too diverse, nominated for album of the year?
What drug is Faith Hill on? She looks ill.
- Try as you might, Justin Timberfake, but you will never be as suave as Robin Thicke--the man you are so eagerly trying to impersonate with this new "persona" of yours.
- Faith Hill looks sort of rough.
- Nobody is voting for a crybaby involved with a WHOREdashian.
- LL Cool Jay is like the male version of Quenn Latifah when it comes to award show hosts. Washed up and boring as hell.
- Lena Dunham is wearing a yellow sack.
I sort of love it, just because it pisses everyone off. Does she not actually give a fuck? or is she really trying?
Why doesn't Fun. have Janelle Monae up on stage? Or at least mention her, geesh. That's a pretty bad diss.
- I disagree r96 and I hate everybody. I think his wife has cancer and I imagine he was involved in her care.
- R100 Contouring is making a come back and along with the fillers she looks ridiculous.
- [quote]I see Rhianna is there with the woman and gay man abuser.
Stupid, no-talent woman.
- Johnny Depp still sporting the Captain Jack look.
- Why do all Mumford and Sons songs sound the same?
- Faith Hill is old. She might also be back on the coke.
- R99, there is room in the world of music for both Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke.
- I love FUN. I'm glad they won.
- I liked Mumford and Sons when they first came out a couple of years ago. Then I went to one of their concerts and I was bored to death as it hit me that all their songs were arranged the same.
- Finally the talent arrived.
- Why was Jayz sitting there with a glass? Is he that special?
- I enjoy Rhianna. Beautiful woman with a lovely hart. She can be violent though.
- R108 Mumford and Sons are the McDonald's of folk/Americana
- I get it; Depp can't deign to drop the edgy, too-cool-for-school-I-need-a bath-look and, true enough, with his dough-ray-mee he doesn't have to.
Still, I wish to hell he'd put on a suit. That truly would be subversive.
- "Beautiful woman with a lovely hart."
She has a doe, a doe, a female deer?
- IIRC, the Mumford singer is marrieds to Brit actress Carey Mulligan.
- [quote]Finally the talent arrived.
Who? Mumford and Sons?
- Taylor Swift is such a below average singer.
- Yes. I know they are over played but I can put their music on and not skip a song, and I'm pretty sure I will be able to in 10 years.
- Beyonce is soooooooo boring.
- Bed, Bath & Beyonce sounds like she has a mouthful of marbles. What is is reading level, 5th Grade?
- wtf is this justin timberlake schtick?
- Isn't Rhianna embarrassed sitting next to her abuser?
- ruh, roh. Run, Fun! You in danger. Taylor Swift is giving you a standing ovulation.
- The lead singer of Fun's face is really weird.
His skin is extremely thick and always greasy.
And his mouth stretches around 3/4 of his head.
- Who's the horse that Justin Timberlake is sitting next to?
- Is Portia dressed in male drag?
- Justine is excruciating.
- Never heard of Mumford & Sons, what song are they famous for?
- I've always wondered what Justin would look like with a real haircut. More beautiful than ever.
But get Jay-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ off the stage, please.
- I love me some JT. He's doing a good job.
- Who is Fun?
- Taylor Swift - cunt can't sing
LL Cool J - corny as fuck
Jennifer Lopez - hooker outfit/thunder thigh
Justin Timberlake - at least he shaved
fun. - sing the song that put you on the map
Adele - picnic table/set fire to the dress
Beyonce - sit the fuck down for a hot second
Katy Perry - big tit bitch sucking Mayer's dick
- My sister is killing me with OMG text messages. At least it's better than his acting is all I got.
- Jf? Any comments. His falsetto sounds fine
- I find Justin Timberlake hot but these songs are awful. Who's going to buy this album?
- Justin was fine.
I like Nas's tux color.
- Frank Ocean won. Watch out. Gunfire in the hall tonight.
- Wait, there's an "urban contemporary" category in addition to R&B and hip-hop. And, there's a "traditional R&B" category which includes Beyonce.
Ocean is a great story, but Miguel's album was better.
- Frank Ocean's mom is cute and proud.
- Frank is cute. I wish I had one of those wiry frames which makes wearing clothes oh so easy.
- I love Frank Ocean!!!
- I heard Barbra Streisand and Shirley Bassey were going to be on. Anyone else hear this?
- Bisexual black emo twink Frank Ocean wins!!! Woman and gay abuser Chris Brown loses!
- I am going to watch the Grammys tonight and will have to watch two hours of Downton Abbey tomorrow plus Shameless, Californication, Girls, Enlightened and House of Lies. What's with all these Award shows on Sunday nights?
Next week is the finale of Downton Abbey.
- Was there a camera on Chris Brown when Frank won??!
- Now a Target commercial with Justine? ENOUGH!
- J-Low has a fat thigh.
- I gave up on Downton, R148, the week The Good Wife came back. I know I *can* watch it later, but I don't want to anymore.
- Love Adele, but that picnic dress is awful.
- Chris should have one
- Nas can still get it.
- I Heart Frank Ocean!
- Adam Levine is a closet case, right?
- I want to see the lead singer of Fun get electrocuted now that they're raining on the stage a la Carrie.
- I Chris brown looked shocked at the loss. I was watching his tiny picture.
- Chris applauded when he heard Frank's name called. I think he punched Frank because he wouldn't suck Chris off.
- The lead singer of Fun looks like Buster Poindexter.
- I love Adam's milky skin.
- All I've ever seen Alicia Keys perform in the past year is...
THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
- Adam Levine looks so much like a guy who used to fuck me Thursday nights in 19**. I was mad about him. No tattoos, thankfully.
I like the song he's singing at 9:20, too.
- Tell me that Adam Levine is not hot.
- There are very few people for whom I have an intense distaste and repulsion against, but Chris Brown and Justin Bieber are two.
- Which Adam, R162?
- Poor Kelly Rowland. She's need a hug. A hug and just one platinum album.
- R165 I would never tell that lie.
One thing I do not understand is this ugly Kaylie Couaojfcfdaf chick. Why is she every where? She sucks and isn't attractive.
- Why is Lena Dunham there?
Is she fucking someone in Fun?
- Is P!nk gonna perform that tired high wire flying act again?
- JLO is always showing up at award shows that she's not even nominated at. She was at the Oscars last year, Golden Globes this year and now Grammy's.
Why? You're not even nominated, in fact she's never even won a Grammy award yet.
Madonna, on the other hand, rarely shows up at Award shows, even when she's nominated.
The last 3 Grammys Madonna one she was a no show at the awards. She said in an interview once that award shows are silly and don't mean anything.
- Is Kelly Clarkson will win Grammys???
- Kelly Clarkson just said she didn't know who Miguel was....cunt.
- Yay Kelly.
Why is fiancé such a stick in the mud. Lighten up dude.
- Have you not been listening AT ALL, R170?
- Ryan Seacrest sitting with a man? No Julianne Beard?
- Why are there SO MANY people typing "one" instead of WON? Is this like an inside DL thing, or are people just really that stupid?
- R176, afraid not, will try harder.
- Kelly Clarkson is one ugly cunt.
- It's to piss you off, R178. That's why we do it. So, you can make yet another (sigh) post complaining about spelling, grammar, etc. We don't get enough of those on DL, so we're dangling bait for you.
- Rihanna has 7 Grammys. Wow.
- Rhianna is gorgeous.
- Thanks for the answer, r181.
- Here they are, R179, Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff.
- Am I the only one who thinks rihanna is odd looking?
- [quote]Tell me that Adam Levine is not hot.
Well, yeah...because Adam wasn't covered with ugly tats then.
- Rhianna one 7 Grammys?
- Ha-ha, I just though that was Johnny Depp singing with Rhianna!
Pretty girl, ignorant choices in men!
- R182 which further proves that the Grammy's are a joke, I mean she has more Grammy's than Whitney or Janet, something is wrong with that.
- Rihanna why do you have to be such an idiot? It makes it hard to pretend you aren't talented.
- John Legend is so classy, so damn hot!
- Rhianna and Frank Ocean winning many Grammys. Chris Brown is gonna give someone a beatin tonight.
- Do people get tired of Carrie Underwood winning every freaking award?
- The Dream was wearing meggings. I'm done.
- Sting is there for the Bob Marley tribute, Sting owes his career to imitating Bob Marley!
His bitch wife Trudie looks as if she's had a ton more plastic surgery. Trudie, like Madonna, has work which actually makes her look older!
- What did Frank Lotion has in her speech? I know she's usually pretentious and insufferable.
- Who's the he cute dancer in the Surface Pro commercial? I think he was once a back-up dancer for Madonna.
- Trudge is old!
- With only a few exceptions, Rhianna's songs are so shitty.
Just bland and unmemorable.
How does she continue to succeed?
- How old are the Black Keys?
- Tim MaGraw gives me a major hardon!
- What's a Janae Monelle?
- The Black Keys are mid-30s.
- Johnny Depp- wow, far out, groovy
- Did Jay-Z mouth the words "Shut Up" during Big Fun's acceptance speech?
- I was just wondering that, R201. Have they just become popular, or have just missed them somehow?
- Did they put Neil Patrick Harris and Mrs. Harris in the gay section?
- Was not really impressed with Mumford & Sons.
- R208, who else was sitting there?
- [quote]Mumford and Sons are the McDonald's of folk/Americana
Does that make The Lumineers the Burger King?
- Betcha didn't know Carol King wrote "Natural Woman", huh?
- Rhianna = Worse talent with the most awards.
No wonder an asteroid is headed our way.
- Why did Kelly Clarkson sing a Patty Page song and then a Carole King song? Carole King didn't die.
- [quote]With only a few exceptions, Rhianna's songs are so shitty.
Are you talking about the Eh-eh-eh-eh song? Totally agree.
- Rhi Rhi is a skank. What "artist" her age would sing a song like S&M?
- Why does Johnny Depp continue to dress like an aged Hippy?
- Ellen looks like a man.
- Kelly's looking rough. Just flipped past and stopped, thought it was Celia Weston from "Alice". BUT at least she can really sing.
I literally have to leave the room if Taylor Swift is singing. That voice actually hurts my ears like some high-pitched squeaky newscasters too.
They wouldn't nominate Lana del Rey but THIS? watch, Lana will have the last laugh. Grammies... vomit.
- Why is there a Bob Marley tribute this year. Is it a certain anniversary of his birth or death?
- "Why did Kelly Clarkson sing a Patty Page song and then a Carole King song? Carole King didn't die."
Pay attention, Patti Page and Carole King, as well as host of others, won Lifetime Achievement Grammmys. The photos of the winners were shown before one of the commercials.
Pianist Glenn Gould, Ravi Shankar and jazz bassist Charlie Haden, whose daughters are in rock bands, are just few of the other LA Grammy winners.
- Love this Bruno song and he channels the Poliice who channel Marley. Great performance.
- sting made me wet
- At least Bruno Mars is talented (and great presence live). Leave it to old man Sting to show 'em how to do it. His voice is right where it always was.
- The ensemble tribute is actually working. That was great.
- Bruno Mars is really talented.
He can actually sing the way Timberlake, et. al. can only aspire to.
- Cher was great!
- Really liking this Bruno Mars/Sting/Bob Marley thing.
- R224 I agree. A lot of people in that audience need to take note.
- I think Sting's ego took a hit when Bruno Mars took control of the Marley tribute performance, playing the star and frontman.
- Loved that Marley tribute. With Rihanna, the Marleys and Bruno Mars, can you imagine the smell of pot wafting backstage?
- I love Bruno Mars!
- R220 Marley has to be the most overratd singer in the history of music. The dude was a major pothead, all his songs sound exactly alike and he himself was homophobic and sexist.
Another reason the Grammy's suck, why not a tribute to Donna Summer or Robin Gibb?
- Wow Melissa Etheridge is looking quite old.
- I hope Pia Zadora is performing.
- Jack White used to be so hot. What happened?
- OMG at Faith Hill in her interview with Ryan Seacrest. Her top teeth looked jacked, but in old photos she has decent teeth.
- Anyone know of a live streaming site?
- I don't get Jack White's new stuff. The White Stripes were amazing, The Raconteurs were good, but what is this shit?
- why the fuck does faith have braces?
- Have they done the Levon Helm tribute yet?
- Not yet, R241
- "Jack White used to be so hot. What happened?"
Got married, had two kids, got divorced, well, he did get his teeth fixed.
- You never hear of the person or band after they wins the Best New Artist.
- I just want to see Frank Ocean perform.
- Has Taylor Swift started dating Hunter Hayes yet?
- [quote] Marley has to be the most overratd singer in the history of music. The dude was a major pothead, all his songs sound exactly alike and he himself was homophobic and sexist.
Pothead, yes. Homophobe, yes. But, if you really delve into the music, not just a greatest hits collection, the songs really don't sound exactly alike.
- Did Jack White sing "fuck" in that first song? If so, it wasn't censored here on the East Cost.
- I don't know who anyone is.
- I thought Jack White was good. I do miss Meg though.
- I bet Taylor Swift is going to go after Hunter Hayes next.
- Hunter Hayes looks like Prince Joffrey from Game of Thrones.
- [quote]I don't know who anyone is.
You could learn who they are (you are on your computer), or not watch, instead of posting the common, whining, "I don't know anyone" type post.
- Carrie Underwood is great.
- what the hell happened to faith hill?! she was once one of the most beautiful creatures i have ever seen.
well, that was fast.
- Prince is ageless, crazy, but he doesn't get old.
- Prince needs a facelift. Gotye is hot.
- Glad that co dependent bitter cunt Taylor Swift lost.
- Is this Goyte group good? I liked the snippet.
- [quote]Has Taylor Swift started dating Hunter Hayes yet?
No, but they are known to be good friends.
- Does prince have great skin, great makeup, or both?
- What the hell is prince's secret? The man does not age!!!! HE DOES NOT AGE!!!
- I loved the Gotye song... The first 300,000 times I heard it.
- [quote]Hunter Hayes looks like Prince Joffrey from Game of Thrones.
- Gotye's real name is Wouter De Backer. He's from Belgium.
- Goyte sounds like Sting, that was the first thing which came to mind when I heard his album last year.
Those high pitched male voices, like Adam Levine etc, they all sound very similar.
- R259 Gotye is the guy, not a group. His music is good and the albums(?) I have are terrific to listen to. They just played the heck out of Someone that I Used to Know.
- What, r266 said. When I first heard Goyte on the radio, I thought it was Sting.
- "Goyte sounds like Sting, that was the first thing which came to mind when I heard his album last year."
Same here. I read that he doesn't like the comparison.
- Uhm, why is Kelly Clarkson signing "Tennessee Waltz"? Is she releasing a standard album?
- Kelly Clarkson was doing a tribute to Patti Page who died last month.
It's not Gotye's fault his song was over played. Even NYC PS22 chorus did a version of it. It's still a good song. He also has other good songs but they're just not that radio friendly.
- I need some crystal meth. You faggots got any?
- Zac Brown is a hot looking bear.
- He's a nice guy too.
- I love Elton's blue look.
- Mavis Staples really got down with her bad self. Really enjoyed The Band tribute.
- Why wasn't Jack White asked to join in on the Levon Helm tribute? He's really into that sort of 'roots Americans' music.
IIRC, Robbie Robertson, is, and the late Levon was Canadian?
- Mavis Staples was a hot mess.
- Meant to write Americana, lol
- R271, Kelly Clarkson sang a Patti Page song because Patti Page received a Grammy lifetime tribute award earlier today or yesterday.
- We're those tats on Rhianna's tits? Ugh!
- No Whitney bump this year. What will the Grammys do for ratings?
- Making Mirrors is a great album. Gotye is a talented artist, he deserves the success.
- [quote]Levon was Canadian
Nope. Levon was American. Born and raised in Arkansas.
- Frank Ocean is at 14:59. Get the fuck off stage, you non-singing bisexual bitch.
- Zac Brown looks lke a chubby Justin Tomberlake here.
- What is going on? Forest Gump? Is this Frank Ocean? He's teririble. This is the dumbest song I have ever heard. Now he's whistling!!
- A mixed show. On the plus side, there were some great performances, including the Marley ensemble and The Band tribute. Also, glad that Goyte won.
The Frank Ocean thing is pretty dull, though I do like him.
- Agreed R287 - it is like he wanted to sabotage his career. And that yellow jacket.............wtf?
- Goyte and Sting should do an album together.
- I take that back. Fun. would have been better than Mumford and Sons.
- Frank Ocean underwhelmed with his performance. He's talented, but not yet ready for the big stage.
- I didn't realize Hunter Hayes has big biceps.
- Good for Frank. It's not like I'm ever going to win a Grammy.
- I'm happy for Mumfors and Sons. Loved that album,
- I'm getting tired of that Lumminers song, and why do they constantly cut to Taylor Swift when anyone is performing?
- Why do British artists pretend like they're so undervalued? British music has been prominent in and in some cases dominated the American music scene since the 60s.
- Met Mumford and Sons a few months ago - nice nice guys. Happy for them!
- Didn't know Rihanna had a trashy tat under her chest. That Lena girl tats look more a skin condition. When is this trend gonna stop?
- Why is the sound so bad at the Grammy's? Everything sounds mono.
- Do rappers rap in key?
- I don't get the Mumford and Sons hype. What's their most popular song for me to try on youtube?
- LL is so corny now.
- Mumford & Sons = Overrated
- R302 The Cave
- I'm pretty open to a lot of different types of music - but rap, I can't ... must. turn. off.
- Without a doubt Kimbra is the worst dressed...
- Who was the guy who took over the mic when Adele was walking up to get her award?
- Carey Mulligan was there with her Mumford husband, the lead singer.
- Who the hell wanted to see LL perform?
- That wasn't a tat under Rihanna's top, it was a bra of some sort.
- Frank Ocean sings off key. I agree with r287. That has got to be the dumbest song ever. It's so bad it wouldn't even be believable as an SNL parody. What is the big deal over this guy other than he admitted to kissing a boy? Oh, and he looks like Jamie Fox's spawn. Yuck.
- I'm 3 sheets to the wind. So, was LL performing with the Beastie Boys? Or was he just honoring their song or what?
- I'm wondering about that too  that was very strange. JLo looked somewhat concerned.
- Hunter Hayes and his biceps!
- Why is Mumford & Sons so huge? Blue grass music has been around FOREVER!!!!!!!!
- R311, no, Rihanna has a new full chest under-the-breasts tattoo spanning her chest.
There have been photos of it on radaronline.com or Daily Mail - she got the tattoo a couple of months ago.
Terrible thing to do to her body.
- Carrie Underwood's light show dress was pretty cool.
- Well it's not like she's a Rhodes Scholar, is it?
- For R302
The Cave--Mumford & Sons
- Somebody needs to tell the LAPD that Christopher Dorner is hosting the Grammys tonight.
- The Fun. guitarist is pretty darn hot in a nerd-punk-jewish kind of way. great arms.
- I like that record of year tune. Very snappy.
- I actually thought Frank Ocean's album "Nostalgia Ultra" was better than "Channel Orange".
- A lot of people did, R324.
The best songs on Channel Orange are all album tracks. The promoted songs are pretty "meh."
- Did the most deserving contenders win in Record of the Year, Album of the Year, and Song of the Year?
- For such a prestigious event, the show is so fucking boring! And also racist! Only fat white girls get to perform while fat black sangers hardly get invited. You'd think Kelly Clarkson and Justin Timberlake were soul singers the way they get hyped up. JC Chasez is a much better singer than Timberfake! And Miguel should've gotten to perform "Adorn" without Wiz K.
- Justin has the "gay voice".
- Frank Ocean is the Norah Jones of this decade. Next!
- Johnny Depp introduced Mumford & Sons...he looked disturbingly skinny. Is he on drugs?
- [quote]Justin has the "gay voice".
He is GAY honey, very gay.
- I think Justin is dreamy!
- I love JT's new song.
- He certainly sounds gay. Does that Jessica Biel chick have a penis?
- How did Beyoncé win over Melanie Fiona???
- It seemed like Frank Ocean was off key.
- Justin sounds like a total queen.
So is his marriage to Biel a sham?
- Justin Timberlake looks like a Klingon. See link.
- Yikes, I guess off key.
- Nas looks good.
- Justin Timberlake is a total dreamboat!
- Really? R341. He don't do a thing for me.
- Omg, did anyone catch Carrey Mulligan in the audience? Mumford & Sons looked like they forgot to shower.
- The rap at the end of the show was a mess, so last season.
- Yikes! Kelly Clarkson is a real Heiffer!
- Oh no what the hell happened to Faith Hill?
She is all sorts of wrong!
- People rag on Rhianna's vocals, but she is a decent singer and hits some powerful notes.
- Why don't many black people in the audience refuse to applaud? Not cool enough?
- UGH! Johnny Depp introducing Mumford and Sons by referring to them as "sublime."
UGH! x INFINITY! Prince saying that "Someone That I Used to Know" is "one of his favorite songs."
I die. I die. I die.
- We don't have to applaud that white no-talent Justine, Taylor, and Adam shit!
- Portia is looking very dykish lately.
- I heard she's a lesbian.
- Taylor Swift is terrible, just how STUPID are the teen girls these days who download her shit? Her voice is awful, she has no range, she needs to be transferred to North Korea. I'm in my early 20s and I don't get the kind of music my generation likes, if you look at the top 10 on itunes, it's largely music without a decent beat, or decent vocals.....just a bunch of random shitty songs.
- Cute pic of Ellen and Portia, with DL fave Kelly Clarkson Clinton'ing it up.
- Porta is "straight 4 pay"....how can Ellen get a hot chick like that?
- Any volunteers to lick Kelly's pussy and make her feel like a natural woman?
- [r198] His name is Cloud, and he's a dancer in the LXD. I worked on that commercial and it was so fun to watch all the kids (and one old dude) dancing their asses off.
- I'll take Rhianna over Beyonce any day. At least I like some of her songs and she has a pleasant and genuinely sexy stage presence. She's not all wig and wiggle like some of her over rated peers. And while she is not a great singer she does exhibit real, raw emotion in some of her songs. She owns the bad girl persona and does what the hell she wants. She isn't pretending to be some Fairy Princess who wed the Noble Knight. Rumor has it Jay-Zzzz has a son who lives in Brooklyn with his paid off baby Mama. Beyonce has been fucking around with the thugs since she was fifteen years old. They just seem so fake. I believe Chris Brown and Rhianna are the ones who are really crazy in love. The we rule the world schtick of Jizz and Bizz is getting really old.
- Thanks, r357! I find Cloud very attractive since I saw him in the "Jump" video and Madonna's Confession Tour.
- I agree with R358.
- R347, what notes are those? And please be specific.
The girl has no range and is always flat. No texture, no tone, no nothing. She is all image. And DV is clearly just a game to her.
- Taylor Swift was like chalk on a blackboard. Kelly Clarkson was fabulous singing as Patty Page and Carole King. She may be a bit heavier, but she can siiiingggg bitches!!
- What a cool silver bass that guy was playing with Jack White. Wow
- Ellen checking out Katy Perry's enormous rack
- [quote]People rag on Rhianna's vocals, but she is a decent singer and hits some powerful notes.
Please, she's auto tuned to death. Check youtube clips of her actually trying to sing. She's mediocre to very bad.
And, this is coming from someone who likes RiRi. She's a pop star, and a good one. I think she absolutely should use auto tune. It's not like the type of songs she records are going to have all sorts of depth added by her singing live.
- Sting and Bruno Mars voices blend really well together.
- Wow Sting's voice has not aged. How does he manage to still hit those high notes effortlessly. He must take care of himself, that's how.
- I find Carrie, that song, and her throaty/nasally tone extremely annoying. I prefer Reba or Patsy to THAT. Sorry Carrie fans.
- Ellen looks like a pery old man in the above link
- Where can I get hair like the Marley sons?
- Come on guys don't be so harsh. Rhianna is a pop singer and for that genre she's a decent singer. This is a genre that includes Madonna, Britney, Janet, Paula Abdul, Jlo.... She's not a singer's singer like a Whitney, Mariah, Aretha or Adele but she's a decent singer for her genre. Maybe I'm just in a generous mood tonight. However, I draw the line with this Chris Brown mess. She's playing a costly game as far as her career and life is concerned. She's setting a bad example.
- Wow, Frank Ocean is really flat.
- Frank Ocean is overrated.
- I know I was about to say that! Wow! Maybe he was nervous. That was not good.
OK, Rhianna is decent for Pop. I just don't consider her to be a REAL singer.
- I am so sick of Ryan Seacrest. What does he have to do with music? He had nothing to with the Olympics either but he was involved with them, too. He about ruined the Olympics for me.
Why does he get all the gigs? Surely there are other people in Hollywood who can do what he does.
- R374 was in response to R372.
- WHY is everyone so desperate to make Justin Timberlake and this new album happen? WHY are they treating him like some musical genius for doing third-rate R&B that's beneath what even people like Miguel and Robin Thicke have been doing for years?
Is the industry so desperate for a white male savior that they're gonna put all the muscle behind HIM?!!??
I'm honestly flabbergasted. He's not untalented but ever since this "comeback" people have been treating him like the second coming and it's quite odd.
- [quote]I was just wondering that, [R201]. Have they just become popular, or have just missed them somehow?
Have you been living under a rock? The Black Eyed Keys have been around forever.
- Hate the neck and shoulder tatt on Zac Brown at R286. It looks like a skin condition. And does he have herpes in his eye?
[quote]The last 3 Grammys Madonna one (sic) she was a no show at the awards. She said in an interview once that award shows are silly and don't mean anything.
I guess that's why she's always made such a big deal about appearing at the MTV Awards.
- JJ Cool L said at the beginning of the show that he had prepared to open the show another way but had to scratch all that when someone in the biz passed away suddenly last week. And then he never went back to that topic. Who died?
- [quote]Hate the neck and shoulder tatt on Zac Brown at [R286]. It looks like a skin condition. And does he have herpes in his eye?
Oh, honey...that's his guitar leather strap on his shoulder, not a skin condition.
- It seems that Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson, and Justin Timberlake are the only artists that have vocal talent, the rest are all auto-tuned.
How come Goyte didn't perform his big hit?
- i/m with you r377!!
- Seeing pompous ass Justin makes me crave tickets to see Britney in Vegas. At least she never has ideas above her station.
- I just don't get Carrie Underwood's fame. She's good but her voice is not strong. Kelly Clarkson has a much, much better voice. Maybe country fans love Underwood because she fits their profile.
Justin Timberlake was sooooo boring. I don't think his album will do well. He's past his prime, even with Jay Z accompanying him.
I think Portia looked hot but Ellen needs to grow that pixie out. It's just not attractive.
- The best Grammy awards were in 1999. Look at this lineup: Sting, Cher, Sheryl Crow, Ricky Martin, Lenny Kravitz, Tony Bennett, Rob Thomas, TLC, Whitney Houston, Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks, Lauren Hill, Missy Elliot, Madonna...now that was music.
- These people are nominated not because of talent but to get ratings for the broadcast. Some of the performances were dreadful. Fun., Swift, Rihanna, Clarkson, LL,and Ocean, just awful every one of them. Some of the veterans, though, fared pretty well. Elton, Sting, Mars, Timberlake, the Keys, Mavis, White all sounded professional and worthwhile. Just remember, Ocean has never found a note yet. Riahanna can't even sing with autotune. The Fun. guy and Clarkson mistook screeching loud flat notes for drama. It's always a mixed bag and this show was no different. Some highlights, many low (flat) notes, too.
- I like that Ellen doesn't try to look hot. Pretty is temporary and overrated. She was funny checking to make sure Beyonce wasn't lip synching talking.
- r359- he's 1/2 Asian (Japanese or Filipino, I forget which) and just recently married (to a woman). Really nice guy.
- Rihanna has won more Grammys than Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston and Frank Sinatra. She's the greatest voice of our time.
- R387 that was the year Madonna won 4 Grammy's for her critically acclaimed Ray of Light album and made out with Ricky Martin backstage!
- r377, it all goes back to his collaboration with Madonna.
- I d that Frank Ocean was so good, but I was terribly disappointed in his performance last night. I won't be buying any of his music.
I was never a fan of Justin Timberlake and found his performance boring. I suppose that dressing up in a suit is the best he can do to revive his music?
The Black Keys were great. I have to admit that I enjoyed Mumford and Sons, despite they have too much of a country vibe to them. In fact, the Grammys seems to focus a lot on country music performers these days, esp. those that s=can cross over well.
Why was it raining on fun.? I was worried someone would get electrocuted or slip and fall off the stage on the wet surface.
Rihanna is also dull and boring.
- R390, Daniel "Cloud" Campos is half Filipino and half Caucasian.
- Hopefully Britney will buck up her act, bust out those old moves, hire a vocal advisor and get to perform at the Grammys next year.
- Frank Ocean is an interesting artist, he just doesn't translate well live imo.
Also, did none of y'all notice the male pronouns in his lyrics? That song is about a male love interest. I applaud him for being so open about it.
- R388 is so right.
- R381, what LL Cool J was referring to was last YEAR, not last week. He was referring to the death of Whitney Houston one day before the Grammys (last year) and how he had to scrap what he was going to say and do "new" stuff (about her?) written for the ceremony last year, very Whitney-centric.
- R397, you have a strange idea of an artist if you think an artist does not need to 'translate well live'.
- r400 - what about Kate Bush and Britney Spears? They are no longer regarded as live performers (Kate hasn't even performed for two decades) and yet their music is still in demand - and they certainly are artists.
- Frank Ocean hit so many off-key and sour notes during his performance last night at the Grammys.
Why was he nominated for Album of the Year (or whatever) when he cannot even hit notes in a performance?
- Who was the heavy set black woman singing during the Levon Helm tribute.
- [quote]Why was he nominated for Album of the Year (or whatever) when he cannot even hit notes in a performance?
Because, while that performance was bizarrely and horrifically off, his album was far and away one of the best of the year. Anyone who is letting his off-performance last night keep them from buying his album, please don't. It is spectacular.
- Mumford & Sons are 1 of my favorites. They are very talented musicians and it was good to see them recognized last night. They always play their asses off, and all JayZee and Beyonce could manage was 3 claps of their hands. I guess talented people are going to have to wait until gansta crap and overrated entertainers are no longer popular.
- I was confused when I saw Tyler Perry dressed as Madea with a very good seat in the audience.
But I figured it out later when I realized she's an actual female and part of the band Alabama Shakes.
And as other posters here have asked, I also want to know who the guy was who spoke into the microphone as Adele was making her way up to the stage.
The first part of what he said was not clearly audible, but he finished with 'I love you Adele.' Then he calmly walked backstage as though he belonged there. Adele never saw or heard him, and J-Lo clearly looked like his presence wasn't welcome.
- [quote]Who was the heavy set black woman singing during the Levon Helm tribute.
There were two, both fabulous: Mavis Staples was the older woman with the amazing growl; Alabama Shakes lead singer Brittany Howard was the younger woman.
- Though Taylor Swift delivered the worse performance last night, I think Frank Ocean was the one who truly blew an opportunity with his lackluster performance. There's been a lot of hype about him and he's become a critic's darling with Channel Orange. But his performance last night showed he has a lot of work to do to become a good live performer. His singing was pitchy and weak; and song choice and staging were self indulgent. He blew it. A strong performance would have made him more than the R and B/hip hop singer who came out as Bisexual and the victim of a Chris Brown beatdown. Fortunately for Ocean, Brown is so vile and hateful, that at least his beating Brown for a Grammy was a redeeming aspect from last night. Ocean has talent, but he's not ready for the big time yet and I hope the hype dies down until he's better prepared.
- Why did Frank Ocean bizarrely wear the striped terry cloth sweat band on his head?
It looked ridiculous.
- Mavis Staples just had to have the last wail, ddin't she? She sucks.
- r410, when she was your age, any real singer would be quaking in their boots if they had to share the stage with her.
Notice I said **real** singers; ratty-ass wig wearing, ass shaking no talents wouldn't even have thought of being on the same stage.
- Frank is a nervous black bisexual singing about a gay song on global tv, would you be in top form?
- Yes, r412.
If I agreed to perform live at a major awards show, I would have my shit together. It's called being a professional talent.
It's not like Ocean hasn't traded on this story and dealt with the fallout for the last year.
He was absolutely horrible. I don't expect a lot of the younger acts to be able to sing because that's not what the music industry is about now. I don't mean that in a snarky way-just honestly.
However, why would he agree to that when he knows he can't sing?
I've rather seen Goyte perform.
- Agreed, R408, he blew it. It was as if his voice was suffering from multiple key disorder during that performance. I was pulling for him but it was horrendous.
- "And as other posters here have asked, I also want to know who the guy was who spoke into the microphone as Adele was making her way up to the stage."
It was the hydrangeas prankster, looking for another 15 seconds of fame.
- [quote]The first part of what he said was not clearly audible, but he finished with 'I love you Adele.' Then he calmly walked backstage as though he belonged there. Adele never saw or heard him, and J-Lo clearly looked like his presence wasn't welcome.
That was the same guy that tried to kiss Will Smith.
- Please don't sleep on Alabama Shakes. Brittany Howard is on par with Adele with the "big" girls who can blow but don't care about being a size 6 in order to be relevant.
- Am I the only one who doesn't think Brittany Howard is that great?
She bellows and doesn't have any range or subtlety, either in volume or vocal range.
It seems like the industry is so devoid of decent singers that the minute someone shows up who can project or carry a tune, s/he is hyped to the stars.
Maybe I'm just too cynical. Any singers care to comment-am I being too harsh?
- I'm fat, have a vocal range of six notes in my normal register, and channel Margaret Thatcher with my style.
Give me more Grammys and money, please.
- I can't comment on Brittany very much as I haven't heard enough of her singing to get a good feel of what she's capable of. Her appeal could be her somewhat retro bluesy sound.
- Ellen needs to fix her hair and wear makeup.
- R418 Yes you are too harsh!!
Brittany has a beautiful voice.
Give the sister a break man! Let her shine
You people allow Adele, no talent Kesha and all the other shits to shine. Let her have HERS
- I love Alabama Shakes.
- Typical DL thread -- insufferable queens with dubious tastes proclaiming what the rest of the world should listen to.
- Ellen DeGeneres checking out Katy Perry's rack wasn't the most interesting part of r364"s photo.
The bigger question is: Why did Ellen bring Hillary Clinton as her date to The Grammys?
I think Portia will be pissed when she finds out.