The snow has piled up and I cannot even see out my windows! I'm wondering if it would look wimpy to pre-cancel, or if I'd be seen as sensible. I am afraid to drive cross-town in this kind of mess.
Don't be a fool, cancel
Boring people problems.
Do you live in the maid's quarters of some brownstone? Dear, you're trapped!
A brunch is not important enough to risk getting stuck in the snow and ice. Postpone to a later date.
Don't cancel. Things will be cleared up by tomorrow. The subway is still running, so no need to drive in this weather.
scale back and have things to quickly prepare.
Will surprise anal be on the menu, OP?
R6 only reads headlines.
[quote]Will surprise anal be on the menu, OP?
If it's on the menu, how will it be a surprise?
If the roads are somewhat cleared and drivable take a cab, but call and 'order' it way ahead of time. Some cities you can do it 24 hours in advance. You can also do this for your return trip but make sure you pick a time that you are definetly going to be ready and waiting for it outside of the restaurant so it doesn't get poached.
And give the drivers a good tip, they definitely deserve it when the weather gets this bad