- Thank you!
Can i ask a question to N16 because i think i might have figured something out about one of your sources,would it be okay if i asked you something about their last name? As in how many letters are there in it?
LG - I wasn't attacking you, I fully respect that we just have different views. I do think however it is quite common for trainers to be pretty tactile (one of my friends is married to one and he has no boundaries (in a completely non-sexual way) with anyone, and will quite happily stand with his arms round whoever is nearest) after all that is part of their job. With the exception of the film last night (and Nick said he had invited him because he was the most laddish of his friends) all of the other times we have seen them together Aimee has been with them too and often other friends as well. He even tweeted a "thank you" for the invitation to the birthday party to Nick and Harry (and a couple of others) and I just don't think that's something you would do to your boyfriend! Given that he has been married, and has a child, and has never remarked upon being gay I think it is natural to say that he is straight until anything else is said.
I do think that the increase in mentions on Nick's show about his trainer are part of the desire to make Nick sound more "butch" though. I think there was a worry that the early inclusion of so much 1D would scare off the male half of the population and that's also why they now have a sport's correspondent. I also wonder if for personal reasons Nick is currently keener in getting in shape than before, after all "popstars" are quite fit....
Apologies that this became long-winded.
- C, don't worry, I didn't think you were attacking me.
Just wanted to clarify that I'm not certain on 'anything' regarding H/N & Co anymore so i'm trying to stay open minded to all possibilities!
- LG you don't think H is with Caroline Flack anymore.
I think H is gay, but Nick is just a friend.
- R6, I think it's a definate possibility but I think they're are other possibilities too, hence my general fickleness on the subject.
- McKenzi had a convo on twitter with Zane Lowe.. I think he just trains different DJs at Radio 1 and has become friends with them.
- What other possibilities do you think based on what you have heard.
I am interested as I have no contacts, just relying on what's on here.
- Continued Conversation!
- Starting to agree with LG about Harry and Caroline Flack, she was out last night with the girl rumoured to be seeing Niall.
There are just too many coincidences. They are never seen together but are always linked with the same people.
- R11 what girl? Amy Green? She tweeted on 6/2 that she has a week off and implies she is leaving London for this week,i also saw nothing about it on twitter,unless you mean another girl,i really don't know who Niall is rumored to be dating apart from Green.
- Oh you meant Laura Whitmore wow i had no idea she was rumored to be dating Niall,wasn't she dating Danny O' Reilly? If yes it must be very recent,i remember reading an article in January about how she travelled to see him.I don't think she would jump straight into another relationship with someone as young as Niall.
Laura has been friends with Niall for at least 6 months,i believe the first time we saw photos of them hanging out with other friends was sometime back in late August.Not sure about their current relationship status but it's not like Niall met her yesterday,i believe they met via common irish friends.
Also Laura replaced Caroline on "I'm A Celebrity" this is probably how they know each other instead of a link with 1D,not sure how close they are though.
- Harry is at The Hurts cobncert this evening. I bet Nick will be there. Pixie is.
- Thanks for these details, R13!
That would be great, R14...if Nick is willing to stay up late for it.
- Caroline has definitely known Laura Whitmore for years, and they both work in the same circles, definitely not a connection through Niall.
And yes, harry is at the hurts tonight with pixie and it looks like gells as well! Would be great if nick was there (I'm sure we'll hear on the show tomorrow if he was) but also cute if harry is just out with all nick's closest friends
- Remi was at the Hurts gig as well.
- I've been ignoring these threads but I'm curious now.
Does anyone care to summarize the main gossip points?
- Based on their interactions, how much times they spend together, a lot of tweets with apparent insider information as well as information by people who post here, many of us are convinced that Harry and Nick are in some sort of relationship, R18.
What else do you want to know?
- I am a Larry Shipper. A Larry believer if you will.
- Way to go Grimmy. Look at that photo of Harry looking like a deranged creeper... ugh. I'm just disgusted by all of this.
Nick is not a stupid man. He had to know that photos/video of the stripper would get out. Is that how you protect your friend who has been struggling to change his manwhore image? I have this sinking feeling that Nick hired that stripper for the sole purpose of drawing attention to himself.
I really used to like Nick and admired the friendship between him and Harry. But now... I am starting to think that Nick and that whole group of his are just a bunch of self-centered self-serving douchebags. And poor Harry just cannot see it.
Am I the only one who is sick and tired of them making a fool out of Harry?
I suppose you are referring to the photo around 0:57,correct?
Well what i see is Harry looking at the girl's butt which is what a normal teen would do? Don't tell me you are so shocked by this? My brother is a year younger than Harry and he looks at girls all the time! Not a very discreet thing to do but it's not creepier than the boys' comments on how they rate fans based on their looks or how i suppose some of them have slept with underage fans.Yes it's not a nice image but Harry isnt commiting a crime.
I also think you are being way too harsh and unfair on the "clique",they have all been friends for ages and known each other before they got famous.Henry for example knows Pixie since she was 14 and Nick from years before as well etc.They are very tight with each other and all i saw at the party was them protecting a very drunk Harry while they could easily let him make a fool of himself.Nick has a very odd sense of humor and i am certain the stripper was a joke i dont think he knew it would get this big.He only got negative comments out of it and i am sure he and the BBC dont want this so i really dont see what you see.
When Harry's photos in that hot tub with the older guys and the blonde got out and the press made a whole lot of deal out of it i didnt see you or anyone else claiming that Cal or his other american friends are a bad influence.
Harry's mother and sister clearly like Nick and so do Harry's other old friends like Corden,Winston,the Teasdales etc.If he and his friends were so bad dont you think they would have done something about it? Harry is 19 and capable of choosing his friends,he isnt an idiot.
Also i dont recall you ever being very fond of Grimmy and everytime they uploaded a photo of Harry you always said that "someone wanted us to know Harry was there" like you said for the Christmas photo for example.Or how management saw the benefits of Nick hanging out with Harry and pulling him away from Louis because Harry was oh so dependent on Louis! I do know you said those things so excuse me while i think you are very biased here.
- R21 Harry is an adult and he is friends with people that he enjoys hanging out with, they are not using him.
- Why does everyone think that Harry is trying to clean up his womanizer image? That was just all a prequel to Haylor - making him seem like he was actually settling down with her. I'm sure it's frustrating, but if he is with Nick then it's the best cover - and the stripper propagates that.
Plus Haylor shows that he doesn't mind going to extra mile (literally) for PR.
Apparently (I'm not sure if this is true) all mentions of Niall chatting up the stripper have disappeared from the few articles that mentioned him. So if 1D wanted Harry to not be viewed as a womanizer than they could have shut down some of the rumors about the blonde (Eve?).
And I think someone said that Harry hadn't interacted with the girls at the party on twitter but Eve has instagramed several photos of Harry out with her and Sam.
- Why does everything actually think Nick booked the stripper? Just because a lot of 1D fans said so on twitter (and that started during the actual evening when the photographs first came out) doesn't make it true. Whilst the quotes in the Sun from Harry says that Nick introduced her (ie told everyone to sit down, the cake was coming in etc) they carefully don't say he booked her. The following was in a quick article about Wreck-It Ralph yesterday (albeit in Heat, but it is quotes from an interview with him at the "premier")
"Nick also told us about The Incident of the Directioner in the Night-Time, or ‘that time someone got Harry Styles a stripper for his birthday’. “That was nothing to do with me,” Nick said. “It was very amusing though!” "
And really if you look at the photographs of Nick at the time although he is laughing, he certainly isn't in hysterics, if anything he is looking rather embarrassed.
However regardless of all of that I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the incident at all, she didn't even fully strip (and doesn't sound if she ever would given that this is not her normal job), Harry is 19, and as I said previously it certainly helps him looked straight, which is obviously the image which is wanted for him at the moment. So really there is no downside, and certainly no one amongst Nick's friends' is making a fool of Harry.
- Sorry - forgot this above; quick link to Hear article.
- I find the insinuation that Nick is using Harry for fame or following Harry around so strange. Almost every instance we have of them being together it's Harry following Nick. Harry spent most of August hanging out at BBCR1 with Nick. He's gone to several of Nick's DJ gigs. He showed up to watch Perks of a Wallflower with Nick, which Nick was seeing for work purposes. The only time Nick ever socializes with the rest of the 1D boys is if they are attending the same event, ie Children in Need or the iTunes Festival.
- On the subject of the trainer, I had a stalkerish look at their facebook profiles and they only have five mutual friends, Aimee, Annie Mac, Lucy Coates, Reju Sharma and one person who does not appear in the list.
- R27 - Yes, I posted an overlong comment about this several threads ago; even all of the early contact was instigated by Harry. It really does seem to be a case of Harry fitting in with Nick's established life rather than the other way round; not that he doesn't appear very welcome. As to Nick using Harry for fame I can only imagine this comes from foreign ID fans, or very young ones, as Nick has certainly been well know for a few years, after all you aren't given the Radio 1 flagship show on a whim.
- 28 - do you mean facebook or twitter? If you mean twitter they have a lot more friends in common, including Harry Styles.
Anyone see the photos of Harry from the gig last night? Gells? is in the background so he either went with Nicks friends or Nick was also there - although I'm getting to the point where I don't think its very fair to call them Nicks friends as they are clearly just as much Harry's these days!
- I mean facebook. I looked at their facebook profiles.
- Nick said he didnt get in until 1am, so he was out but he didnt say where he was.
- He just said he when to his friends 16 year old sons school concert.
- Nick mentioned the Hurts concert briefly and also said he had promised to go to the other event back in August.
- I agree, C. I didn't think he hired her but thought it was possible. I really don't get the whole fuss anyway. It was all harmless fun.
I agree with everyone who said that Nick is NOT using Harry or a bad influence or anything like that. I love whatever it is they have, whether they are a couple, which I believe, or good friends!
- It's all about Lewis and Theo.
- The whole stripper fuss is just because he's a ~teen idol in a ~boy band.
If he was an actor or a socialite or whatever, it would just be a case of "boys will be boys," but since his target audience is kids between 9 and 15, he's being ~bad.
- He went to Sienna Miller's son's concert which is why he was seen at that train station yesterday.
- Do you mean Sadie Frost? Sienna Miller doesn't have a son.
- I suspected Sadie Frost when he said the age of the kid. I often forget he's friends with her.
- Sorry, yeah, Sadie, not Sienna! I had Jude Law in my mind. No sleep last night either.
- Caught a few seconds of radio1 in passing at lunch time and Sara cox was talking about H. Something about when grim rings H. I think she meant on his show but I do like how the other DJs talk about H too I know obvs 1D are very popular atm but even so.
- Yeah, it was sweet how so many wished him a Happy Birthday or mentioned him that day! They do all seem to know him well and really like him.
- Sara has mentioned H quite a lot recently (three times in the past month or so if my memory is correct?)
Today Sara Cox was talking about H's and Alain de Botton's recent meeting and was poking fun at H's tweets. She got someone to read H's tweets and later on, she told him that he sounded exactly like N's imitation of H. Makes me wonder how much N talks about H to the rest of R1?
- Thanks for that, R44! He must talk about him a lot with how they all seem to know him well...or Harry is just there whenever he can be, haha.
- R44 that must have been it. I couldn't really hear or have time to listen. I wonder why she chose to include that feature. Thanks for the link.
- Hi R2 which source do you mean? the original people, my friend the photographer or their work colleague?
I was hoping N was at the Hurts gig, but its nice to see that H hangs out with the others without him, I often get the impression he's the one chasing around after them all, trying to be in the 'cool gang'
- I have a feeling N might have been planning to go to the Hurts gig but forgot he'd promised to go to the other concert. If that's the case it's nice to see H feels comfortable enough around the rest of the ~hipster circle to go anyway.
- Just listening back from the start of the breakfast show which I missed earlier. N talks abou eating cereal at 5.05am so before normal alarn. H also tweeted Theo at around that time!
- Good catch, R49! I think Harry might well be spending more time at Nick's since Aimee has moved out.
- R48, I could see that too. Did think it was interesting he brought up the Hurts immediately after talking about going to the other concert, when they were talking about Rocknation.
- Not strictly related but this non-event article from the DM seems a bit nudge nudge wink wink to me - anyone agree?
- I think that it might be N on this picture from yesterday`s concert.....
- That could be, N16, haha.
- R53 N? I see Theo and Pixie and Harry at the edge of the pic, not N :/
- [R52] Oh I meant to mention N16 I saw a blind item the other day which backed up what you said about C and R. There was also a small piece in the telegraph a few days ago which said that neither H nor Jake B were her "type".
Still not convinced N/H anything more than friends but if C/R turns out to be true then it certainly adds validity to your source.
- It's lovely to see Harry with the "clique",whether Nick is there or not they are clearly all very close with Harry.
- If N16's source is who i think it is and i'm fairly sure i am not wrong,then i am 100% sold on H/N.
- I like the sound of that, R58:).
- I'm interested as to who you think it is R58 - it's certainly no one well known at ALL!
- I could be very very wrong N16 and i certainly don't know them or anyone involved,i don't even live in the UK,i just think i may have figured something out but probably not.Does their last name start with G?
- N16 meant to clarify,i mean "the source" not your friend.I am referring to the person you said is an ex partner and lived for a while with someone etc etc
- R61 R62 Sorry, not a G! I really doubt anyone would have heard of them unless they worked in the fashion industry and even then they are not well known.
- Ah i was pretty sure the ex partner was TG because it fit the "clues" but aw well wrong guess!
Still believe something is going on with H/N anyway,would be fun seeing them and C/R going out all together!
- No idea who TG could be haha now I'm intrigued!
- One Direction = the sexiest men who ever existed on the Earth. The perfect men.
- N16 he is a fashion photographer and ex of HH,they used to live together as well.He definitely is friendly with N as well as Pixie and Alexa and has photographed these two,i think he knows Aimee too.
- Saw it pointed out on tumblr that in the pic Example posted this morning of Nick holding their Instagrim pics, you can see a bit of the studio in the background and there's a person at the top right wearing a bright orange beanie... Not only is that rather distinctive, but a fan pic with Harry out today showed him wearing the beanie.
- Here's a link to the tweet with the fanpic from toda showing H in the beanie
- Im a person that would love if it was Harry at work with Nick today but to me it looks like an orange light.. I see no person with a orange beanie..
- Yeah, I was hoping that was right, but I don't really see a person there...
- It looks like a person in a white t-shirt and orange beanier to me, but I'm on my phone so you probably have a better view. Not sure how it looks like a light though
- I see it now... that is weird
- Hahahahaha R68 you cannot be serious!?! There is no person in the upper right of that photo, let alone one wearing an orange beanie. But thanks for the laugh!
Maybe it's time to move this thread over to Tumblr?
LOLZ carry on...
- MOC.. U dont like Nick and u think he is a bad influence on Harry.. and If I can remember ur a Larry shipper.. so why r u here?
- I prefer Larry too. I wish there was still a Larry thread on here, tumblr is just too confusing.
- R69 - I can see the shape you mean but I don't think it's an actual person; more part of the studio; if nothing else only part of the "hat" is orange.
However for those on "sweater watch" (and as far as I can tell, that is a thing) the sweater Harry is wearing under the coat and the grey hoodie looks rather like the leather elbow padded one which both he and Nick have worn before (Nick on Wednesday I think). It is also somewhat large on Harry, so that might tie in with the early cereal eating comments of above...
- I see what r68's talking about. Looks like it could be someone wearing a light t-shirt, from behind. Left arm visible, bare and bent at the elbow. Kind of blurry.
- R78 I don't think I would have noticed anything without it being pointed out, but it does look like a bent arm and I don't think it could be some sort of reflection of Nick as his arm looks straight not bent. Interesting the orange beanie connection too.
- From what I can see it could be the back and right arm of someone in a white t-shirt and possibly an orange hat/messy hair.
But it could also be our active imaginations...
- To me it looks like the person in the reflection is sitting at the other end of the studio, maybe on a table or desk?
- R80 I would be more hesitant if not for the fact that we know H was awake around the time N said he had breakfast today, and was then later walking around wearing the orange beanie (which he doesn't necessarily wear yesterday, it's been a while and he was wearing a dark coloured one yesterday).
- Lily Cooper/Allen was tweeting about going to the WilliamVintage pre-BAFTA dinner tonight with Nick but I've been looking at pics from the event and can't seem to find any of him, though there's pics of her inside and arriving. Huh.
- R83 From the pics I saw of them getting ready I think Nick was just there while she was getting ready I dont think he was going.
- R84 I would have guessed that too except Lily tweeted "me and @grimmers are coming for you" which made it sound like he was going to attend as well?
- R85 - Think that was because they were mimicking the ad campaign which Victoria Beckham did for Marc Jacobs where she was sitting in a paper carrier bag.
- Another tweet; normally an AP at the BBC is an assistant producer, so I presume that's what her sister is.
- C.. wow If im not mistaken that is the first tweet we have gotten from someone claiming they got there info from someone inside the BBC.
- Nick just started following someone on instagram called "helloharryy" he is a young model... oh grimmy
- oh nevermind, looks like they're at the same party together or wherever Nick is?
- You just don't get it, do you?
They have boyfriends. Both of them. Boyfriends who are 'straight' for the sake of their career.
- R88 there was a tweet before from someone saying his sister worked at radio 1 in the summer and claimed there was a thing about whether or not they were going to tell people
- R91 what r u talking about?
- R91 probably refers to ~larry~ and whoever else they paired up Grimmy with in their heads,Theo maybe? Saw some ~theories~ about it on tumblr
- I think Nick is drunk...
- Also, has anyone noticed that Nick has lost A LOT of weight? time at the gym seems to be showing, his legs are tiny!!!
- I've definitely noticed, r96. Maybe it's because he's in love! (Is my tinhat showing?)
- He is looking really good!!!
- The idea that Theo from Hurts is straight because of his career is LAUGHABLE.
Hurts is nowhere near famous enough that he couldn't be out.
Theo is straight because he likes women.
- The way i see it,if H/N aren't involved with each other then they must be single and probably hooking up with people here and there.
I mean,they spend so much time together and/or with other friends that i don't see how they would have time for a relationship on top of that.Especially when they are having sleepovers/staying at friends' for some time/visiting them late at night etc,i don't see what kind of partner would allow them to spend so much time away from them.
- So i just paid a visit to Nick's tag on tumblr and i can promise i will never do that again! All i saw was larry shippers(i suppose they were)saying that the photo of Nick and Miquita is a mock photo of Louis and his gf which makes absolutely no sense at all.Nick doesn't even care about them why would he take time to mock them God help us.I know being part of the ~larry~ ship is seeing ~proof~ everywhere but this is just beyond stupid and ridiculous.
Yes i know it's not exactly "Nick and the clique" talk but seriously some people i just don't understand the way they think.
- We know Nick searches his tag. I can only imagine he finds it either hilarious or insane. I think this is the maddest they've gotten yet.
I know we have a L-arry ban here, but as this is very directly linked to Nick and what he was up to last night - do you think he discusses it with his friends/Harry?
- R101 I cringe at what N's tag has become especially considering the fact that he admits to checking it everyday. It's amazing how they relate EVERYTHING back to Larry. I particularly like when they claim that the rumours of N/H are just a cover for Larry because it couldn't possibly be anything else right?
- I think he and his breakfast team definitely check tumblr like they said they do,and i'm sure his friends do too,they probably have a good laugh out of it but they must think these girls are insane,and they surely have good reasons to think this.
- Seeing as the only times N has retaliated about false quotes etc (the Katie Hind article, the Rihanna controversy) has been when it could affect real relationships he has with people, I imagine he is the kind of person to take all this in his stride.
Americans may not know, but N is very much used to being regarded as a bit of a joke. He has been teased in the press for a long long time about being a celeb hanger on, since Lily Allen was big , so at least 6/7 years. This recent Breakfast Show job was really great for us N fans because before that he wasn't really appreciated for doing his job, just who he was friends with.
- I could see Nick dating RJ King if not Harry. In fact, my opinion is swayed by the fact that King would have little to do with Grimmy if not for some sort of romantic involvement, while Harry has the music and social link. Harry's professional links to Nick are very strong while RJ's are tenuous at best.
- Omg yahoo have an article about lily Allen and have included the pics we've seen of nick with the lampshade on his head etc
- No, Nick doesn't care about Louis at all. Except for the fact that he does.
I would be terrified as well, if I were him. That little shit looks good together with 'Young Harold'. Way better than Harry and Nick will ever look as a couple (be honest) and with more (sexual) chemistry than Harry and Nick will ever have.
But, keep 'shipping' your favourite couple. There are rumours about them, so it must be true.
In the meantime, L and H look pretty cosy on the couch. I bet they will be sleeping a lot in the same bed during the 8 months tour. Just as friends of course, and just to feed the Larry rumours.
- [R108] Are you lost?
- R106 RJ King is friendly with Alexa so there could possibly be that link? So there is that social link there too.
- R106 rather hard to be in a relationship with RJ,he lives in NYC and only visits London for work,for example he only stayed a couple of days in London this time and then left.I could say they might have hooked up but not that they are dating.He also said on his twitter he isnt gay,but could be bi.
N16 it was tiring reading articles about how N is famous because of his "celebrity pals" like BBC would give him a job only because he knew Henry Holland or Alexa Chung or Agyness Deyn
R108 you are the same person who thinks Nick is dating Theo judging from your R36 so i suggest you get a reality check
- Forgot to add,Nick definitely knows RJ via his fashion pals like Alexa or Henry,thanks for pointing it out R110
-  Jup, sorry. I keep coming back because I want to see if there is something going on between Nick and Harry. Fact is, nothing has changed since the first topic about Nick and Harry. The only thing you have is the amount of time they are spending together, and the rumours. That's all. Not enough to convince me they are together.
- How coincidental that you should link to a picture that features NYC's own version of Nick Grimshaw, r110.
I am not totally sold on my new idea that Nick could be seeing RJ King, just sort of intrigued by the possibility. For me, I'm not ruling it out because I think my reasoning is sound. As I said, the links outside of romance are tenuous at best.
- 103 I agree, they have an interesting friendship, but there is no real evidence of anything more.
Doesn't hurt anyone to speculate though...
- R113 I've been told by several people who are in N's circle it's true - I take that to be proof as I work in that circle, and the people who told me couldn't care less about 1D or H and have no reason to lie.
The day someone comes on here who knows H and he's told them the whole thing has been a cover up for him and L - well I might just reconsider. Never going to happen though!
- Oh N16 now ~someone~ will just pop up saying exactly that LOL
- I was unsure about the reliability of the tweet, link was posted here, from a teenage girl who talked about her sisters job and what the sister had heard. I had a look and she follows a lady with same unusual surname who when googled is a producer for said company.
Looks like it could well be true!
- What's this N16?! We have proof of Nick and Harry? Care to rehash for me?
I love to hear your opinions, since you seem to have closer links than most to NG, but as I don't know you at all I take everything with a pinch of salt and remain on the fence about an actual relationship.
Keep the reports coming...
- To be fair Harry had no link to Grimmy until they met at that dinner last year,they didn't move in the same circles and i doubt Harry would be friends with N's friends or know them if it wasn't for N.The Teasdales aren't that close to him so they never had a "social" link.As for the work,it's the same "professional" link any artist would have with a radio RJ playing their music i guess.
- R113 - Whilst I get the impression you only wish to find out that there is nothing between Nick and Harry rather than the other way round, as you appear to prefer a romantic relationship between Louis and Harry, I like N16 have been told directly that they are together, and not just in a FWB way. In my case, due to his job, I can't really say much about my friend's source, but he named the person and I know that they know Nick relatively well so I don't doubt what I have been told. Again my friend is not someone who is interested in 1D and only told me when he was teasing me about deserting The Today Programme after years of listening once Nick moved to the Breakfast Show.
- C, did they tell you more than that about their relationship, like how long it's been going on for example? You don't have to answer that of course:).
- Hi TriBeCa! um I can't be bothered to retype as on my phone but it's roundabout post 260 on the last thread :)
- Get her!
- R123 - The conversation I had was at the beginning of December and as far as they were concerned it was a "relationship" at that point. We were at his party at the time and conversations were a bit disjointed as there were a lot of people around. I said something about the fact that they had kept it quiet, and one of his work colleagues who was with us said that he thought there was an injunction or something in place. (But having said that he doesn't do any form of legal work so that would have just been what he had heard).
- I've had a look and I am ready to trust your good authority, N16. Unless you are a long-game troll you seem to have been on the thread earnestly for a long time and your sharing passes my standard.
Case (almost 100%) closed for me.
- Thanks, C. I do like the idea of them being an actual couple not just casual!
I agree, R127, N16's information has pretty much completely convinced me as well!
- i trust N16 as well since their info about Cara and Rita were accurate as well!
- I wonder if the posters who used to sign off as NW3 or Links are still around anymore? I seem to remember that Links had been told about it too?
I remember c when they first posted and I trust them too - it all just keeps adding up for me. The fact I've heard about N in some way from about 4 diff sets of people now just has cemented it!
I have been finding it v interesting that lately on the radio show there have been blatant hints about N being in a relationship (I think someone here pointed out this was mainly from Fiona who normally talks the least) I want to see how Valentine's Day will play out!
Last year 1D did promo in Paris and then on getting home H was straight out to the Groucho with N... and Alexa I think. Cue him being linked to her in the papers! This year it would be nice if they were together, especially with the tour so close.
- I agree, N16, I am curious as well how Valentine's day will "play out" this year for them.
Nick seems to have followed Simon Cowell recently, maybe around the same time Harry went to Scotland to meet him apparently...could be a coincidence of course...and it could mean absolutely nothing, but maybe there is a change in strategy? It's probably just wishful thinking though.
- Actually, maybe he followed Simon a bit earlier than that.
- I've always wondered if Links and NW3 are quietly lurking. Their contributions are partly what leaves me unconvinced about H&N. Without personally knowing posters, all you can do is gage their reliabilty from the tone/detail of their posts. N16 and C have always come across as genuine and I would like to assume that H&N have something based on their contributions. However, NW3 and particularly Links also seemed genuine and their sources confirmed the opposite? Obviously, it may be that their sources were misinformed but it still makes it all less clear cut for me.
The rumours clearly support N16 and C's info but a lot of the gossipy tweets cite colleagues of N as their source? Why are they being so indiscreet? I had wondered if this might have been a deliberate attempt to spread the news 'casually' but then that conflicts with the injunction rumours?
I still can't make up my mind on it all.
- R131, I had that same wishful thought!
(I feel so embarrassed that I actually care whether two complete strangers are dating or not!)
- Haha, LG, I just embrace it! I like them both a lot and the idea of them together, I don't see the harm as long as I keep my speculation away from them.
- i think NW3's friend told her H isn't gay but she said that might be because H hasn't had many encounters with men and gossip usually spreads by ex-boyfriends or people they've slept with.She also thought H/T wasn't PR as well as Links,whose 2-3 friends told her H/N are involved and one of them saw them being intimate at RO's gig at GAY.Only one told her H isnt with N and that H is seeing Swift which we know wasn't true.
I doubt there is an injuction in place,remember that tweet/reply from a guy who worked on Heat and denied the injuction rumor?
- Completely and utterly off topic. Really sorry. Did come across this by people here linking me to tumblr though so it's all your faults. But how cute is Jaymi Hensley's boyfriend Olly? I thought some here might appreciate the comment.
Loved Nick and Lily last night. I'm glad she's back on the scene. Always liked her little segments on TMS when she was out of music for a while. I find I like many of Nick's friends independently of him which makes me think he has good taste.
- R136, yes, that's all correct although Links seemed to think her most recent sources were far more reliable? However, N16 has heard from multiple sources so I just don't know.
R135, harmless, yes, but still very embarrassing!!
- R137 very cute indeed! They make a lovely couple!
I like many of Nick's friends individually as well,especially Alexa,Henry,Pixie,Fincham,Lily and Example even though i know they arent thay close.They all make a very interesting group of people,their meetings must be very entertaining!
- Nick said the other day on the show that instead of going to coachella tat him and Fincham will go on and see half of 1Ds European leg of their tour.. I wouldn't be surprised if nick did go to some dates, but see how it would be possible with the show. Does the breakfast show take a break over the summer?
- R140 i do think he might go to a few shows as well and i believe their EU tour is in spring not summer although what he said was probabky meant to be taken as a joke.
and i guess he will take a few days off in the summer but will probably pick a destination abroad for holidays like Ibiza instead of following 1D around in their tour.
- R140 There isn't a prescribed break as such but all the DJs get time off at some point - I remember looking forward to Chris Moyles' holidays as Scott Mills would cover!
Very much doubt he would go over to the US or wherever the boys are to see them though. I do think he'll go to the O2 dates (maybe more than once) and it's possible he'd go to a New York show I suppose - remember when he got Dev Hynes tickets to MSG through H?! I mean, still doubtful, but as Aimee is from there and Dev and Alexa live out there he *could* visit to coincide with H being there.
I still love that he could pull strings with Harry to get his friend a ticket to such a in-demand show at the eleventh hour.
- Nick also told niall when he called in that he would come see all their shows and niall said like well in fairness you probably will, the others laughed, and they joked about bbc being ok with nick just leaving the show. Definitely think it's good to assume he'll be going to some of them, especially in the UK. Maybe other European ones like he said too, that would be great. America would surprise me more but it would be nice if he came out once, could visit Alexa too.
- Yeah, I hope he does manage to visit a few shows!
- R140 - Yes, I think the DJ's normally have around 6 weeks off during the year.
From what I remember Nick said that he and Matt Fincham had some time off in April and were thinking of going to Coachella (12/14 and 19/21 April this year) but didn't like the line-up so were planning to go to part of the 1D European tour instead. Given that these dates don't seem to tally it may be that they haven't decided their holiday dates yet anyway. I didn't get the feeling it was completely a joke though, and I wondered if he was preparing the ground a little so people would assume it was more of a work thing if Matt was with him as well.
- If Nick was to go to some of those dates it would seem quite a coupley thing to do, so maybe he'll keep it on the down-low if he does go.
- LG - Just a quick reply about the injunction. If there is one (and actually I have seen tweets about it, I've attached an old one from an Irish DJ who knows Niall's family) then it would be press only and colleagues or people who know them through the industry wouldn't know that it existed unless they specifically had to be told. All of my information comes from an "news" related environment so that could be why one of them was aware of something.
- Ian's posted a pic of Aimee, they are at an art gallery together :) She is reasonably dressed down too, considering her normal style.
Not going to read anything more into that but fingers crossed they went together on a little date!
- Anyone on here, regardless of how long they've been here, can be lying about their sources or what they've been told. Some people are committed to their tinhatting just like with Larry, and sometimes that means anonymously convincing other people of their own wishes, and then there's all the confirmation bias.
I do wonder what happened to Links and NW3 though. Links' source that changed his/her mind was actually one that knew both Harry and Nick and they seemed to think it was a very reliable one. So that swayed me a bit. It seemed to sway them enough to lose interest in the story. NW3 was also close to the scene and did not go into why that guy told her Harry was definitely straight.
So I agree with whomever said they take N16's rock solid info with a grain of salt. I would have to take everyone else's stories into account, too. And I do.
- It is true that we cannot take anyone who posts here's word as fact, but just the fact that Links and NW3 were so willing to believe in Haylor when all the signs were pointing towards it being blatant PR made me question their sudden change of opinion. It could very well be that they did have sources and that their sources were correct, but based on everything else we've read and "observed" I personally find what N16 and C have said more believable. That is just my opinion though, but I doubt anyone here is just basing their opinion on anonymous information. There are other factors involved.
- It was me that mentioned taking everyone's opinion with a pinch of salt.
Just to be clear, I value all the opinions here or I wouldn't come back to read them. I just cannot take them as fact, more theories, which may or may not turn out to be true. Only time will tell and until then we can speculate!
- Anyone could say they had sources. I have seen it before on here. Usually they turn out to be bullshit.
On top of that everyone has their own agenda and likes to argue with anyone who doesn't agree with it.
- i agree but it's not only people posting on here,it's also everyone who's been tweeting about this story for over a year and the press innuendos and i cant dismiss all of this.
anyway whatever they have is beautiful regardless of the nature of their relationship but i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't keep it on a platonic level
i trust N16 as much as you can trust any anonymous source online but the fact that they have provided other valid info in the past makes me believe them a bit more.
- I know someone who has known Louis for years, but obviously that is of no interest on this thread. I'm here as a Nick fan and hadn't any interest in 1D until Nick started hanging out with Harry.
- That picture of Nick and Miquita does look like they are mocking Louis and his girlfriend.
I am no Larry believer either. It does make you wonder what is going on.
- To be honest i didn't trust Links very much as she seems to be changing her stories quite a lot.For one of her sources she said they knew both N and H,then she said it's a source close to N but not to H and even later she said it's someone who knows someone who N probably doesn't know but they've attended a couple of events where both were present.She also said something about her friends being drunk.Correct me if i am wrong but this is what i remember.And i think NW3 was willing to believe in Haylor because she liked Taylor quite a lot.
My guess is they just got bored of the discussion just like other posters like J for example.
I'm still here from old threads. Just been lurking trying to wait out the teen mobbing! So that pic of nick and Miquita that all the teens are wanting on about- its been hugging me all evening, is it not a pastiche of a famous album cover? Can't remember which one - could be Lennon and yoko or even the white stripes but I'm sure there is a similar iconic rock and roll image from history?
- I know there seems to be a terrible storm over on Tumblr because of the picture of N and Miquita, but it looks as thought they were just showing how extremely hungover they are to me...
I have no idea how anyone could look at that picture of Nick and Miquita and think they are mocking Louis and his girlfriend. I can't imagine the thought occurred to either of them in a million years, it's just a silly drunken photo that I'm sure could be 'matched' to any number of celebrity couple photos if you found the exact right one.
- I am just a bit jaded after the stuff that's been on dl over the years. There has been so many sources that turned out to be fakes.
It's best to take the whole thing with a pinch of salt. No one knows and probably never will for years. Not until the band is finished.
- JJ, now you've said it I think you're right - I just can't remember the original. That's going to drive me crazy now!
- Not that I am claiming N and H bear any resemblance at all to Bowie and Jagger but I can imagine had DL been aroun then, we'd have been having the same conversations, and wasn't there a thing about H modelling himself on Jagger a while back .....
In 20 years time these people are going to be writing 'tell all' autobiographies and I will start to understand why my parents are so keen on those sorts of books now :D
- I agree, jaded by experience, highly unlikely we will ever know truly what is going on, but I don't mind the are they/aren't they speculation.
- R158 There are several John and Yoko pics which are in a similar vein to the one Nick took. google John and Yoko 'Wedding album' and there is a very similar pose complete with the dour faces.
-  feel my pain- been browsing album cover art for an hour trying to jog my memory!
- Can't wait for that 'tell all' biography!
- LOL i doubt Nick would think about making fun of anyone while he was so drunk,especially Louis and Calder,and make Miquita participate in it too.He's never made any puns on the subject before and if he wanted he could have,not to mention how Calder must be extremely irrelevant to him and the only people who think she is the anti-Christ on earth are some larry believers.
I agree with isis and R160 ,and now that JJ mentioned it,it does remind me of an album cover,i will look it up!
- Actually aside from the John and Yoko wedding album pic it reminds me of the 'American Gothic' painting.
- Come on then , spill the beans.
- Are we all studying Theo Hutchcraft's gold soverign on Jonathon Ross?
- R171 If you put the letter r before the post number you are referring to - you don't need to worry about the square brackets - you will create a link to that post.
- I'm pretty sure we'll find out the truth one day,one way or another.Those boys will probably fall into anonymity in 2-3 years once 1D are done for good and the teens have moved on to another obsession,didn't they say something about a long term hiatus a la Take That?,so they'll most likely publish autobiographies in a decade or so or talk about their lives and give away all the "dirt" because that's what's left.
- R172 we alredy knew he had one,he's worn it before.
- R171 Sorry to say this but she doesn't like him much.
- r155 How does she know him, does she know any gossip.
- R177 If this were a forum with private messages I'd tell you. She has know him at least 10 years
- Any clues, without giving away names.
- Whilst there is no way of actually knowing, doesn't the figure in the back of Harry's sister Gemma's new twitter icon picture look just like Nick? (I saw something on Tumblr just now which caused me to actually go and look; they seemed to think it was Louis but it can't be as the figure is too tall). I suppose it could have been last Saturday, they were both MIA (although Nick was back in London by Sunday afternoon).
- Louis doesn't seem that nice, the nasty way he dealt with the Larry stuff, especially after they had played up the rumours.
Really he has just got lucky, no talent and making millions. A case of the right place at the right time.
- R176 - might have unleashed hell! Quick everyone duck! If the teenies get wind of that comment we will all come a cropper. I have heard similar from much less reliable source
- Harry hasn't been in HC in a while so i doubt he was present at the party(judging by Gemma's "hat" it must have been a party).The figure can't be Louis,he isn't as tall and his hair is lighter,but i doubt it's Nick as well.Probably just a stranger.
- I wish this forum did have private messaging! And again, totally get that people want to take what I say with a hefty pinch of salt - of course you should! I wish I could say more but honestly, I have a lot of gay friends who are interested in the topic of H and N (more so since I started discussing it with them too I would imagine) and they are quite likely to find this forum I think. My job is *specific* in a very identifiable way!
I can't really remember Links' different sources apart from the friend in a band that she said confirmed H and TS? I've probably bumped into her in real life tbh she seemed to know the area/scene that I'm in too. NW3 I kind of lost faith in when they revealed themselves to be a major TS fan. However real that was she/he seemed more for it than H or T were themselves! Just didn't sit right with me.
- I almost wish we could create a forum where there is private messaging, N16.
It's nice of you to share the information anyway without giving more away than you can or want to.
- Isn't it just Harry in one of his hats?
- R179. sorry I can't really say, but she certainly knows him well.
- R183 - Yes, no way of knowing for sure, but Harry was spotted in Cheshire on the evening of the 2nd and then on the 3rd according to one of the update accounts so he obviously went up to celebrate his birthday with his family a little belatedly.
N16 - Yes, I can't remember which but one of them had initially said they had a friend (I think it was NW3, but not totally sure) who had seen Nick and Harry in a bar snogging and all over each other, but then a month or so later reported the story that Harry and Taylor had been seeing each other for a year (and that was when they had only met 7 months previously) which couldn't have been true. NW3 could also quote Taylor Swift interviews which I think shocked me more than anything else!!
- That's where DS was handy with private messaging but a few of my pals there were threatened and abused via the private messages which put me off using it. Also that forum is vicious these days. even the appreciation threads can get nasty.
- NW3 seemed a bit of a romantic who simply got swept up in which ever couple she was currently supporting (& was clearly a huge Swift fan)
Links, however seemed totally legit and was a very objective poster. If I remember correctly, she heard from a friend of a friend that worked in PR that H&N had been involved since November 2011 and that CF was PR/cover. She double checked this info at a later date and the friend was adamant. She also heard from another fof that H&N were spotted snogging at GAY. However, she placed more weight on the info re H&T and N&H being platonic because it came from a more direct source. Understandable I guess. She was never that enamoured with the whole Swift stunt so I was surprised she didn't rejoin the discussion when it finished.
I'd very much support a private message function.
- Old new photos from H's party,there are a few in there i haven't seen before so i thought i'd share!
- I know these are from last weekend, but I think some newer ones ... whatever their relationship, their closeness and Harry's very obvious happiness around Nick gets me every time!
- R191 & H - They are nice to see. At the time it seemed that it was generally assumed that they were drunk (Nick holding Harry up etc), but they are plainly not; just happy together.
- They are lovely photos.
- haha H we posted the same link at the same time!
I think these photos were most likely taken when they were heading to the party,we know they left in a van,we have photos of all of them leaving and Lou Teasdale wasnt there as she must have left earlier because of Lux, so i think these photos must have been taken upon their arrival to the place as there are only a few friends with H/N.So if they were taken earlier i don't think Harry was wasted enough to need "support" from N,maybe it was just a hug :)
- Ohh that is a good point R163
- r187 Is it his ex girlfriend.
- Cute tweet from Rita.. it kind of goes with what N16 said about her and Cara, either way its cute!
- Blind Gossip outs Harry Styles and outs Haylor as a publicity ploy...
[quote] Act your age. Date your age. Oh, and try to date straight boys. They might actually like you.
How do we weigh in on this?
- R199 they didn't tell us anything we haven't heard or known already.Also i think the "date straight boys" comment goes with Swift's general reputation of being a "beard".
R198 It is very cute! Even before N16's comment i was suspecting something more than friendship must be happening between C/R since i knew Cara was bi and her sudden love with Rita looked more than platonic friendship to me,they make a stunning couple!
- You are not wrong r181. He's not a nice person. Good at seeming like he is though.
- I'm assuming you are the poster from earlier, r201. I think you want to tell us your information about Louis not being nice but don't want to reveal who you or your friend is. I say just dump your information here and we will have to take you at your word. Nobody has really substantiated their personal knowledge beyond this so far, so just telling us and leaving out names would be par for the course here.
- The person I know was not his girlfriend. I said she doesn't like him very much, not that he's a terrible person.
- Well, give us the dish. What's he really like?
- Everybody and their mother know somebody who know somebody who know Louis's ex-girlfriend. Really? Please, don't let the door slap you in the bum when you finishes with your lies. Good Lord, will you let the poor boy rest in piece? This is a Harry/Nick thread, not a bash Louis one, if you didn't pay attention.
- It's gossip related to the thread. This is what the site is for. I want to know how catty Louis is and if he is gay after all.
- It's his larger than life character which in everyday situations back home is not liked by all.
- It's an anonymous site, how will anyone know who you are. All this I know something but can't say is annoying.
So is he gay.
- Wow, I didn't realize I was on the Louis Tomlinson thread.
- I didn't realize I was on the weird control freak thread.
- You should have.
And yes, yes it is. This is a Nick and hipster circle thread. Harry gets to play here because he's a friend of Nick's. Louis does not get the same privilege. Please take it elsewhere.
- If Louis is gay or not it really doesn't matter. I love him, he is hilarious and full of life and his bandmates seems to adore him, so all this "somebody told me Louis is in fact a bitch" I call bullshit. What I know is that Louis /Harry is fan service, they play(ed) for the cameras and I don't think they are such good friends anymore(maybe in Xfactor times). Louis and Liam are the new Larry and are great together. And off course I love the Harry/Nick combo and I think they fuck each other big times.
- A simple yes or no would do.
- r211, the standard of the thread is currently low due to perceptible bias conformation, etc. A Louis insider is a shot of life into the conversation. Besides, Louis was in the rap parody video and that bides him a few posts here.
Not to mention that this insider is participating as a fan of Nick, has a posting history here, and only knows Louis peripherally. I put as much stock into what this person has to say as anyone else on the thread.
- Probably another attempt to bash Louis, like we didn't have a lot of them. I assure you she isn't a Louis insider, just another hater. I'm so sick of this.
- I'm not a hater. I wish I had remained quiet now. I haven't got much information anyway. Only what I've said, she has known him years and still has a connection.
- And...lets return to the utter gorgeousness that is Rita and Cara. Was that tweet a confirmation oftheir relationship? I'm all gooey about it now.
Bloody NG has all the most interesting friends.
- Just on the show today N made a pointed comment about Taylor Swift at the Grammys and how she was being very animated and annoying. LMC also tweeted something about her this morning. Thought it was very cute they were defending H :)
- Nick and LMC should have bring up the photo of Harry and the stripper to show how many fucks give Harry about Taylor.
- r212 It went too far to be playing for the cameras. If that's all it was they have themselves to blame for the rumours.
I think something went on between them but is obviously over now.
- That is cute that they were defending Harry, R218!
- Do you think the sentence 'I like someone who is funny, a nice person, and a nice smile' is about Nick?
He uses it all the time, and to me it feels like he describes someone.
- so concensus on twitter is that grimmy has a boyf! any guesses who? can't be harry as he is being too open on his show so who else?? i reckon he is building up to coming out about it!!!
- R220 I promised I wasn't getting into an off topic discussion but I will make one comment. Harry and Louis were no different and in fact possibly milder than the flirting between Harry Judd and Dougie Poynter. It was all done for a laugh and the cameras. Unfortunately, whilst Pudd is looked on fondly and mostly taken for what it was, Larry got completely out of hand because of the fans. I understand Louis getting annoyed as people were attacking his poor girlfriend and, if not in the right way, tried to put and end to all the rumour mongering and frankly extreme theories thouht up by the Larry shippers.
Not aimed at only R220 I don't know if Nick and Harry are together. Don't much care either. I come on here to read about Nick and friends. There is a Louis thread that was made fairly recently fo those who want to chat about Louis.
- R222 i think it is a very general phrase that could apply to anybody,Nick is definitely someone who makes him smile though so i'd say it's possible.
- I think it's just a very general statement. Part of his don't explain, don't complain schtick. He speaks in very general terms a LOT of the time so that people feel like they're getting insight without really giving anything away.
Boy's media training really took.
- What Louis thread? Where is the link?
- No clues r223. Any time we see him out it is with friends. I think it has to be somebody we know of that being the case. Maybe it is Harry I don't know. It's not Henry he's in a relationship, Theo is straight, trainer is straight as far as we know and there doesn't seem to be anyone else hanging around with them who might fit the bill. RJ King is hardly around and a couple of othets are in LTRs. It would need to be a very secret boyfriend.
- When he said it or something similar on LadzFM, R222, and Nick was giggling in the background, it seemed like it could well be about Nick. It probably is just a general statement though.
- The thread is called 'Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles the cutest couple that never happened.' I can't link from phone. Sorry. But just put it into thread finder.
- R223, I personally do believe it's Harry.
- 228, Nick's boyfriend is Harry is obvious. They don't even try to hide their relationship lately and you are doubting them? Smh
- R223 I agree with R228- if he has someone other than Harry, he's keeping it VERY quiet. And if it was anyone other than Harry (or another massive popstar) they wouldn't need to "build up for a coming out" really.
Plus, given the rise in industry/insider tweets and N16's source, I find it VERY unlikely it's not Harry.
- yeah but it can't be harry because wouldn't they hint at it so much and no way would they be building up to coming out in the open about it?! must be someone else. someone we don't know so wouldn't notice and who wouldn't be papped.
- If it's not Harry then i dont see the need to built a "coming out",noone would be shocked to see Nick with a boyfriend unless it was someone very famous.Plus i dont think many people care about Nick's personal life so that he has to prepare them about it,he isnt THAT famous that he needs to prepare the world for his new relationship.
- Exactly what "twitter consensus" are we talking about?!
- The other possibility is that he's not 'building up' to revealing anything. Perhaps he is in a new relationship and the team are just teasing him about it and dropping hints on air because it is only recently started, we don't exactly have past Nick relationships and 'reveals' to compare it to. We're assuming this is a big build up, perhaps it's just normal?
- R232 I am so cynical about any press or info that until I hear Nick or Harry admitting they are together - and not just being outed by the press if it should happen - I won't believe it. Until such time, for me they are just close friends.
- Yeah let's find someone other then Harry! Because Harry is straight, isn't he? Lol, Harry and Nick are fucking and don't even hide this! Who was with Harry at his birthday party? And the day before? They cannot say they are in relationship, but they show us everytime.
- I wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing more than teasing and there is no relationship and maybe it's just a flirt thing they are teasing him about it.I just cant believe Nick would be open about his personal life.I always try not to take what he says seriously because i doubt he would give away his personal life on the radio like this.Wouldnt be surprised if it's too much teasing for nothing,and however close the breakfast team might be i again doubt he would announce them all everything about his personal life.
- If Nick is teasing us about Harry but they aren't in fact in relationship, why the schedule to visit Harry on tour? Sorry, but he is just like one of the girlfriends (no different than Eleanor, really). He will go on 1D tour from time to time to fuck Harry imo.
I'm pretty sure the schedule thing was just a joke. As others have said, it's hard to take much of what they say on the show seriously and we probably shouldn't - for our own sanity!
- 242, I'm expecting you to say that Harry is straight, because this is what you're aiming for!
- I don't know if it will be as blatant as R241 is saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nick just happens to be in NYC (to visit Alexa or he and Aimee make a trip to see her folks) when there's a 1D show that night. Or any other major metro, really.
I have no idea if he is gay or straight, whatever his sexuality is he seems very comfortable with it. None of us actually know his sexuality, unless someone on here is actually Harry or his close friend or family, we're only playing guessing games based on bits and pieces of information and rumour.
- Harry is gay and is dating Nick, this is my position. If you want to believe in Halorine or Haylor, be my guest. Or if you choose to believe the Harry fucked 410 women in a year" bullshit the papers are spreading and not the ideea that Harry is in love and comitted to a man, I cannot help you.
- R224 is correct. You can't make statements like "it was more than friendship" or "it went too far" when you don't even know the dynamcs of their friendship when the cameras are off.
Having been a McFly fan and observing that friendship, I never "got" what people saw in Larry.
- R247 I get whwre you are coming from. Pudd forever. :)
Please someone indulge me with Rita and Cara news. Anyone else think that tweet is confirmation of their relationship. They are so cute. I more inclined to accept N16 sources now that Cara and Rita seem to be definite.
- R248 i dont think it is a "confirmation",they've been calling each other "wifey" for a while now and have taken similar photos (i think for a professional shoot) before.I really hope they do publically date because they make a stunning couple but since Cara went out to a couple of events with Jake and let people think they are a couple i don't see them dating openly,i guess time will tell :).
I also agree with R224 and R247 on the Pudd/Larry comparisson,to me in both cases it's just a flirty friendship played up for the fans and cameras.
- Due to the fact that most people are straight I think we can agree that all of 1D probably are.
The gay was played up for the cameras, Harry is friends with Nick as he wanted some hipster friends, Louis is happy with his girlfriend. Harry was involved with Caroline Flack, this really seemed like a genuine relationship to me, no idea about Taylor.
So is this the end of the thread.
- R250 if we ended the thread every time someone said Harry was straight, this would have ended back in Harry Styles and Nick Grimshaw part 1.
As this is a NICK thread first and foremost, no, that's not the end.
- Tweet from a publicist. Apologies is advance....(especially if you have to look up "cracker joke" I think they may be a UK thing).
R251 - Yes, I would have thought the thread title would have made it clear; obviously not.
- I agree Harry is straight, but likes the attention and gossip he gets from hanging out with Nick, who at times looks like a hanger-on.
I think Louis might be gay, he got very close to that hot x-factor contestant, John Adams, who seemed a bit gay. I mean no no no, I don't know, it's not, I'm just guessing, that's not like fact or anything. I don't know, I'm just sayin.
I don't know about Nick, he gets on well with Will Young sorta, kinda.
- Thank you, C, for all the tweets!
- Did he delete the tweet? It looks like it.
- I think the tweet got deleted,says "page doesn't exist" when i click on the link!
What did it say C,do you remember?
- R255 - Apparently so; I still have it open, however given he has deleted it, I will post the content without his twitter name, as that seem fairer.
"First not-quite-there homemade cracker joke penned for Christmas 2013. "What is Nick Grimshaw's favourite sexual position?" / "Harry Style""
He is a publicist who also writes for some UK papers.
- It's funny that he deleted it so quickly...interesting.
- Was the tweet posted right now or earlier C?
- It was posted about 40 mins ago, 7:20 UK time.
- Did Louis and John date? Louis turned up for Johns audition.
- He met John during the auditions of 1D's auditions for X Factor. He then promo'd him this year, but he didn't go through. He was dating Hannah when they first met and Eleanor this year. He seemed to be supporting him and became friends with him, but why this means they would be dating I don't know.
Still haven't seen any evidence to support Louis being gay myself, but each to their own theory.
- I never heard any rumour about Louis being gay (crazy Larry fans don't count), no man in his life, no gay bar visits, nothing. So I don't know how could anybody believe that Louis is gay. Harry otoh have all the rumours in the world, gay bars visits, Nick's many sleepovers plus a verry besotted boyfriend (hello Nick). Gay alert!
- I think there were some rumours on the Digital Spy forums, r263. Plus, I find it really suspicious that he has always had a non-secret, non-famous girlfriend throughout 1D's existence - something that's very rare for someone being marketed as a teen idol (unless it's to cover something up). Last but not least, there's also such a thing as gaydar (though one can't always rely on it, obviously).
- I think some fans just think Louis is gay because of his camp ways or jusy because they dont like his girlfriend.
Again,this isn't a Louis thread,i know he's brought up by association to 1D general talk but he is nowhere near associated with Nick and his friends.
- So sick of hearing about Louis on this thread.
- Ok then, here's a link to a Louis thread for those who want to continue a discussion on him:
- Thank you R267
And for the record liam has a non famous non secret girlfriend,Danielle,since TXF as well and many of the things Calder does(often visits,photos etc)are things Danielle does as well but i guess some fans just like looking at one side of things.Anyway that's my last word on the subject.
- Does anyone know if it's true Nick and George Lamb hated each other while working together on E4music, because Lamb was rumored to be homophobic. I'm sure Nick has made a few snide comments about Lamb.
- Nick looks great tonight and very dapper I might add!!
- R270 he looks amazing! love his hair like that
- If we want to talk about Louis we can, who put you in charge.
He is camp and his ex gfs brother said he's a f*****t but that was just seen as an insult because they split up.
- Louis is camp so he must be gay, what the fuck is this logic? You are so narrow-minded is funny really.
- He looks very good indeed! I love Nick in suits and with his hair like this!
R272 the fact that you are using an insult to prove someone's sexuality just shows your level of maturity.
- I'm going to reply to your point on the other thread, r268.
- R272 - It is just a matter of etiquette that you talk about the thread subject in the thread. Louis doesn't feature in this one.
Personally I have no desire to talk about him either; the only interview I have seen with him was the Swedish one, where everyone is trying to work out who is on Harry's iPhone, and he does not come over as particularly nice there. Speaking of which I don't know if it was ever established who it was on Harry's iPhone but the initial screen looks an awful lot like Nick's iTunes podcast photograph and that would also explain why one of the interviews said one of them was gay (there was a tweet about Nick and Harry from the daughter of another Swedish journalist at the time I think).
R270 - Thanks for the photograph; he looks very good, and younger too.
(1D were rehearsing in Yorkshire (!) today so I don't imagine Harry will be there).
- R275 thank you,i saw your reply but i'm not interested in going through talks on how valid Tomlinson's relationship with his gf is or not,i've had enough of those and i've seen too many posts about it on tumblr with good points on both sides.Personally i find their relationship real and as long as he insists on that i will believe him,if he comes out as gay ofc i will accept that too.I just dont care speculating on the subject.I came here as a Nick fan and then found out all 1D related gossip.If it something that concerns H/N i'm happy to speculate,if not i dont care much about 1D,sorry.
- Where in Yorkshire please?
- R278 - Sorry, I don't know; a stalk of Twitter might give you the answer though as the update accounts are bound to have something. Apparently they went up yesterday, and are due to stay over tonight as well. Rather unfortunate for Harry given that it's Fashion Week in London....
- N looks amazing in that picture and easily 10 years younger than he did a year ago?!
- R278 they probably changed location to avoid the fans,i heard they were interrupting their rehearsals,i doubt they will give away the new address or stay there for long though.
- Thanks c I was hoping i could go and find Harry and get the truth about him about Nick and put us all out of our misery. Only joking of course
It's a shame if he misses the chance of going to LFW events.
Oh and Nick does look rather good tonight!
- I agree, Nick is looking good tonight.
Looks like the fans have already found out where 1D are.
- where are they?
- Nick's at the Savoy in London R284. absolutely looking the part if I may say. I am assuming Amy and Alexa are knocking around there somewhere too as there was a pic of the three of them earlier.
- Oops! Aimee I meant.
- Gorgeous pic with Pixie and Peaches.
- Wow Pixie is also looking very good!
- Wow he is GLOWING in these pics! I'm so happy everything is on the up for him, he always sounds happy on the show these days too. Sad but it makes me happy that he is! LG is right, he's also looking a lot younger and healthier - guess it's all that healthy diet and working out! He looks like he's in his twenties now which is good, given that he still is :)
Also, thank you to the kind soul who opened the Louis thread... say no more about that.
- R282 - Have just read that Harry and the rest of 1D are up in Yorkshire for 10 days, so that pretty well covers Fashion Week; no repeat of last year for him then.
Handy that Nick agreed to go up to Example's Sheffield gig this Friday though.
- no valentines day stuff though, boo ;) not much time at home for the boys then, tour starts in 13 days and 10 days up north before. Still, for the millions, I suppose I wouldn't complain!
- Their scedule is ridiculous,i bet they moved for privacy reasons but still their tour starts in about 12 days,you'd think that their management or whoever is responsible would give them a few days to spend with their family and friends instead of dragging them around England because their fans are a bunch of creepy stalkers!
I'll have to agree with what Greene said sometime last summer,they are working them like dogs just to make more dollars out of them.
- Wow...that's a long time. When is Example's gig? Any Valentine's day potential?
- Hopefully we'll hear a bit more about what they're up to from Niall on Friday morning.
- So Example's concert is on Friday?
- R293 - It's this Friday, 15th.
In terms of their families though, with the exception of Niall, Yorkshire is nearer than London to them, so maybe that's part of the reason for being there. (It also stops Harry from being photographed with Nick at events this week which I imagine is useful too, after so many from his birthday (especially those of Harry clasping Nick's arm as he hugs him)).
- I guess for Valentine's Zayn,Liam and Louis will see their girlfriends or all of 1D might have a lads night out,i don't think they will let Harry to travel to London just to spend it with N,who knowns though i guess we'll have to wait and see :)
- Thanks, C. I checked after I asked, haha.
Poor Harry, haha, it's not fair to keep him away from Nick...I'm joking, but still :).
I do hope Nick attends that concert and maybe Harry can join him.
- Aw I feel bad for the boys, they don't seem to have much down time before such a long tour. I was so interested to see what would happen with Valentine's Day, if N/H would spend it together at all like last year, but I agree with c, they got away with more than they usually can on H's birthday, I guess.
Nick looks adorable. I love that picture of him with the Geldofs. I gotta say, Pixie is probably my favourite out of Nick's close friends. I remember a few years ago, the Geldof girls used to get loads of stick for partying (I mean, the gall of them... ;) ) and the DM was forever clutching their pearls over their 'lifestyle' but I always thought Pixie seemed genuinely fun, together and down-to-earth. Her band, Violet, seem decent from what little I've heard. Plus we know Nick has exquisite taste in friends... :)
- Where exactly is the whole "in Yorkshire for the next 10 days" even coming from though, twitter? Cause that's not exactly reliable and this makes no sense to me. The Brit awards are in 9 days so they'll definitely be back then. And I really can't imagine they would have to go away for valentines day just for rehearsal, like I'm sure even if they're still there liam and louis and zayn will be going back to do stuff with their gfs? Harder to guess what will happen with harry, doubt him and nick are going to want to draw that kind of attention by going out again unfortunately, but it would be nice if they managed to spend time together. I feel like that's what the whole Saturday night plans in probably about though, yeah.
- I hope you're right, R300, and the ten days are just a rumour.
- Interesting ONTD comment:
- Completely unnecessary mention of the amount of time Harry spends with Nick in this "Daily Star" article.
- And "Heat" reported some trademark Grimmy sass. He's going to cry every night 1D is gone.
- Nick said on the radio today that he won't be going to Example's gig on Friday because he has a dinner.
- I think it's relevant to mention that the last tweet that was linked to was from @jackcullenuk . I think it's more telling that he deleted it than that he posted it.
- The Daily Star seems to be saying that, at least part of the time, Harry lives with Nick, which is somewhat further than anyone else has gone so far. One wonders if there will be more mentions of Nick's "studio" flat in the near future (although from the pictures it does look more like a one-bedroom one).
I don't know if it's relevant but Heat used a very different photograph in their print edition. Far less flattering to Nick too. The comments are rather sweetly protective though, as it puts the emphasis on him missing Harry rather than the other way round.
R306 - Yes, I agree, who he is, is rather relevant. (I copied/pasted' the tweet a couple of pages ago after it was deleted - it's the Christmas cracker one). It was just that he had deleted the tweet so quickly that I didn't know if I should include his name.
Call and Delete with Ke$ha just now - they called a guy's number from Nick's phone contacts who he couldn't remember until the guy said his last name and then they realized he's a model who said he and Grimmy had "bumped into each other a few times."
- And when they were discussing the Brit Awards, he said they should do Monday's show from his bed so he didn't have to get up... and that there would probably be a popstar in it.
- R309 - Yes; subtle as a sledgehammer (the background sniggering didn't either). Poor Matt; you could hear the sigh in his voice when he spoke afterwards.
OR - Felt rather sorry for that guy; it took Nick so so long to remember him.
- He also said something like "I'm just saying, it'd be a guaranteed guest" Also about the idea that maybe Harry lives at Nick's part time, didn't Ed say in an interview that even though Harry owns two houses of his own he prefers to live with friends most of the time? Sorry if someone already mentioned this, these threads move so fast it's hard to keep up with what's been said already lol.
- Wow, I just got online, did he really say that, R309 and C? Hahahaha. I'll go listen now.
- If they were together and trying to keep it quiet, surely he wouldn't make a joke that drew attention to the rumours?
Incidences like that are why I don't personally think they're involved.
- The thing is he says things in a jokey way so much it's difficult to tell if he's being serious. I think a lot of what he says could be true though.
- I think he is either being intentionally more open along with the tabloids getting more obvious or it's a double bluff.
- Best way to keep a secret is to say the truth out loud but act like you are joking.
- But if he said a name that wasn't Harry, you'd say Nick never talks seriously about his private life and is really close with all his friends anyway?
You can't have it both ways, just to suit the theory.
- But he never says names, so that's not really a concern, is it?
- I'm loving the possibility or ian/aimee.. anyone else think matt is referencing ian in this tweet to aimee?
she replied "@mattfincham I guess we'll find out after the 8 o'clock news"
- Even if he was just joking because of the articles posted earlier (in particular the one that mentions that Harry never sleeps at his house alone and is usually at Nick's), it's still worth talking about.
- confirmation bias no matter how you try to spin it
- R311 I hadn't heard Nick say "guaranteed guest" the first time I listened. I listened again just now. It does rather suggest he will definitely have a popstar there. Rather than a joke. Are there any other options than the person we suspect it will be?
- On the subject of Ian/Aimee, YES! I was talking to a friend of mine on Twitter and her 8 o'clock thing made both of us raise our eyebrows because 8 AM is the time that Ian comes into the studio.
- I forgot to link the matt/aimee convo sorry
- Fine - not if he said a different name, if he was talking about a situation where it could be his trainer or RJ King ending up in his bed after a big night. You'd spin it the opposite way, especially with the trainer.
Of course it's worth discussing, I'm just making a point about the evident bias here.
For the record I'd want it to be Harry, but there's no point pretending Nick doesn't crack jokes like this all the time about different kinds of people. Just because it's a popstar and Harry will be at the BRITs - doesn't make it any less likely a joke OR about someone else.
"Guaranteed guest" doesn't make anything more or less likely, to me it just sounds like his usual joking patter.
- Here's the audio if you want to hear it.
- I agree that he is most likely joking. I just think that him joking doesn't really mean something is true or isn't. It's difficult to know with him.
- 1D's choreographer Paul Roberts posted on Saturday that he would be in Wakefield for a week and then posted Sunday that he was on his way. Wakefield is where Harry and the his band mates are rehearsing right now. Harry also tweeted Paul this morning so he is definitely with them. I assume as a choreographer he would stay the same amount of time as the boys but I don't know. If he did, Harry would presumably be back in London between Saturday and Monday.
- The thing is though is that the huge majority of those listening to Nick will think Harry is just his close friend (even Harry staying with him would fit in with that; it has long been established in the press that they are best friends). As Nick has not mentioned any names I don't think anyone who was isn't going to the trouble of tracking tweets etc, and there are not many who are, would even consider that he is talking about a straight boy with a history of "womanizing" who is 9 years younger than him. He really is in a position to hide in plain sight here.
I haven't listened back yet but at the time I did get the feeling the comment about presenting from his bedroom was just a spur of the moment thought and not pre-planned; which would fit in with Matt's rather exasperated reaction.
- I mean, yeah a lot of us are biased. We've got thousands of posts in these threads since Nick Grimshaw and Harry Styles Part 1 that are full of insider tweets and rumours and stories and pictures and the timeline that shows that every time Harry has more than a few seconds to spare, he spends them with Nick, not to mention N16's recent share.
On top of that there's the sheer VOLUME of Nick/Harry interactions. If Nick were a girl, the papers would be rife with engagement stories by now.
It's enough to create a sense of confidence in most of us. It may lead to a confirmation bias, but it's hard not to be biased to something you think is true.
- I was asking where they were in Yorkshire the other day turns out they are only 8 miles from where I work.
- 1D are performing at the Brits on the 20th and their tour kicks off on the 23rd but their first not-London date is the 26th, so if they come back on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday that's at least a week they'll be in London.
- The rest of the team seemed to freeze for a second before laughing there, R326, haha!
- I heard that Harry is due back in London on Friday. I hope it's true.
- Where did you hear that, R334? I hope it's true and it would explain why Nick won't go to Example's concert as someone mentioned above.
- Example's concert in Sheffield would have been very close to where the lads are now. . Maybe N knew this when he said yes and then it changed that H was going back to london early for some reason. We'll have to see what happens.
- @[R335]Someone tweeted it last night. I've had a look for the tweet but I can't find it now unfortunately. Yes when I read that Nick wasn't going to the concert I wondered if H's return to London coincided with that. Probably totally wrong but it would be nice if it was true.
- hiding in plain sight?
also something from Monday, when the boards were locked to non-members, did anyone else catch Sara and N's little exchange? Loosely paraphrased:
S: I'm trying to go one day a week meat free but I'll probably have a bit of pork later
N: Me too! *everyone sniggers*
S: Oh really, anyone I know? *everyone laughs* Sorry I had to go there!
N: You had to go there... yes actually!
V cheeky, but I suppose it was nearer the end of the show so most kids would have been in school!
- I did hear that, N16. It was quite funny:)!
I do agree that it is quite possible they are hiding in plain sight at the moment, yes.
- Oh, I thought you meant Nick and Harry, but I agree about Rita and Cara too.
- Thanks for the link N16. The nearest we have got to them admitting that perhaps they are more than friends. Utterly stunning pair and so cjtd with it.
- Cute I meant.
- Could anyone link me to c and N16 's insider stories? I couldn't seem to find them when looking through the backlog.
- Not at all the same as claiming nick doesn't talk about harry because it's his personal life - he doesn't share anecdotes about harry for attention, despite how popular it would be, because harry obviously is important in whatever way and he's not going to exploit that. Today was just a joke that could be taken however people want and didn't exactly name harry - there's an implication obviously for people who know how close they are or have heard the rumors but it could be anyone. It would be different if he made a joke about "being in bed with harry styles" - that would seem more like poking fun of rumors and playing up a bromance. This was a cheeky on-the-spot comment that did get a rather startled/exasperated reaction from the team and seemed to be nick pushing the boundaries a bit.
The way I see it, there have been multiple occasions recently where it's seemed like nick is hinting at being in a relationship. At the same time he's still hanging out with harry, all over him at his birthday with no boyfriend in sight, making jokes about how much he'll miss him to papers and making comments like the one today to raise eyebrows, none of which seems like it would be totally okay with a significant other. There would be no reason for nick to hide a relationship or have the need to distract from it by "pretending" to have this charade with harry. If nick is indeed in a relationship with someone I don't see how it could be anybody else. If nick is in a relationship and he is keeping it secret, presumably it would be for the other person's benefit, not his own, as he himself has nothing to hide. (Not saying he doesn't have reasons to keep a relationship with harry specifically quiet but if it was anyone else there would be no reason.)
- My thoughts exactly, R344.
- R343 - A quick synopsis of my information, as it is only from one source, unlike N16, and therefore quite quick to rewrite;
I was at a party of an old university friend at the beginning of December (he is a "writer" in London - I can't really be any more precise on this as his job/workplace would be rather telling) and he said that he had been directly told that Nick and Harry were in an ongoing relationship (he also named the person who told him, and I know this person knows Nick). One of his colleagues who was with us also said that he had heard there was an injunction in place in the press. (Neither of them work in a legal environment so this is just what he has been told). It only came up in conversation as he was teasing me about my choice of morning radio programme, so I have no reason to doubt what he was telling me.
N16 - There was a very similar article in the Sun about Rita/Cara too. I love the fact that neither paper mention that they are a "couple" despite what Rita herself is saying! I don't think she could make herself clearer.
- Thank you for answering c! I don't know much about the legal intricacies of an injunction, but I'm guessing it's done in a way that the press can hint at their close friendship and post photos but not outright speculate? Seems to be the same situation with Cara and Rita. And i understand you can't explicitly say what your friend does/who he works for. I find it really fascinating to hear these stories, as they seem to be rampant in the British entertainment industry.
- It may be about fantasy celeb couples...still interesting though:
- Apparently, Nick and Harry are one of Huffington Post's Fantasy couples for Valentines. With the caption it's only time before Bromance turns to Romance. I saw this on tumblr and am not able to go searching Huff Post right now but it was quite amusing.
- 346, if Nick's friend is so open about Harry and Nick, I don't know why you make such case of secrecy. Please, tell us what other things your friend spilled at the party (your friend also is indiscret so I don't think Harry and Nick is a secret anymore on London's scene).
- The whole HP article in in the celebrity section of HP UK. They have paired Taylor Swift with Russel Brand as they are the only celebs left that the othet hasn't dated. And the last one is of Alan Carr and Gok Wan who are the funniest besties ever.
- Seems to me like c was pretty clear about what they heard. Doesn't sound like they had a super indepth convo/analysis so I don't think c has anything they are keeping from us. All evidence seems to point to Harry and Nick not being a secret on the London Scene, clearly seen in the posts/tweets we've seen in this thread. And of course c is going to be discrete, they don't owe us anything and don't want themselves or their friend to get a dressing down.
- A new tweet. May not be relevant as I can't work out what the bloke does for a living but he's tweeted it to a woman who works in PR in London.
Look at latest tweet from about 30 mins ago.
- That is interesting, R353, thanks.
- 352, and of course you are the spokesman for C. Or the advocate. Just shut up.
- R355, C has said before that this was the whole conversation. As R352 said, C does not owe us any further explanation.
- R355 I am neither r352 nor c. Nor do I particularly buy that Nick and Harry are together but I'm not rude to those who do and it might be nice if you could do the same. C has always been pleasant and respectful on here and does not deserve rudeness. I on the other hand can be an out and out nasty fucker so lets stay on each others good sides hey?
- Please, be a nasty fucker I'm trembling already.
- I'm torn over Harry & Nick being romantically involved, swaying towards thinking they might be, but I do think Nick is double bluffing whatever the nature of their relationship. Cheeky hints, silly magazine articles, to me screams a double bluff over how close they actually are. The more Nick jokes about it, the more of a 'joke' their relationship seems and so the general public won't take it seriously. Clever game to play really. and a well known one :)
I think Nick has really obvious moments when he is actually being serious - for example him saying Taylor swift was being annoying at the Grammy's, that wasn't his usual jokey nature, he sounded genuinely like he was pissed off at her, for being a bitch towards either his friend or boyfriend or in-between!
- H, I get the impression that Nick is intensely loyal and presumably very trustworthy. It was nice to hear him sticking up for a friend like that. Just another little thing to add to my list of things I like about him.
R358 Send all your shite my way so long as you're leaving others alone.
- Taylor is actually crazy and I know 16 year olds who are more mature than her.. the whole dressing like Harry in her new video is just insane.
- A lot of crazy people here, please go see a therapist or something 360. Just please don't consider yourself the number 1 martyr of Gryles ship.
- R359, I think you're probably right that a lot of Nick's joking is to cover up how close they actually are, regardless of what the relationship is. Nick is definitely the type that seems to have very close, intimate friendships, and that's obvious in a lot of his friendships, but he does do the jokey thing a lot talking about Harry, enough that some people can pass it off as "Grimmy's 1D obsession". I think part of it is that he has to be able to talk about Harry on the radio, as if he's any celebrity, and Nick would definitely have to come up with a sense of distance between when he's talking about "Harry Styles" that the public wants to know everything about, and "Harry who comes over to my parents' house on Christmas and stays at my house all the time".
- R361, I agree but I don't think we really need to get into another Taylor discussion, lol. I can't imagine that Harry didn't know what he was getting into, and everything that's happening now with them still being dragged around the press is just getting him publicity and enforcing the kind of public image that's probably considered "safer" for him right now, so it doesn't really make a differece whatever she's doing.
- R362 You definitely need to improve your reading comprehension skills as I don't "ship" anyone. I have always held that Harry and Nick are just friends. Ihsve an interest inNG and his circle. If you want to accuse me of so caled "shipping" then you can criticise me over Cara and Rita but they are now as good as out. There I will leave you to attempt to comprehend.
- R350 - Well, I am c! So to answer your question , although I am not too sure why given your later comments: whilst I don't think my friend would in any way mind me passing on the information anonymously I am not going to say anything further about him because he works in a somewhat more serious area than "showbiz".
His friend's link to Nick is directly through his work, but I don't know whether they are also friends or not. As I said before it was a brief conversation; once we had covered his sadness in my abandoning Radio 4 he said he had been having a catch up with the "source" and they had told him that Nick and Harry were "together" and had been for a while then (early December). His colleague who was standing with us said there was also an injunction on the press, I said something along the lines of "well, that explains that then" and we moved on to something else. So relatively brief.
H - Yes, I certainly get the feeling about the comments in Heat were over the top on purpose.
I have listened back to the bit from this morning (from the website so from a little further back than the tumblr clip) and I really don't think he was thinking too much when he made those comments. I think to a certain extent he feels safe by not naming anyone, and to be fair although I have seen things on tumblr there was barely a mention on twitter so I don't think it has really has been noticed.
- c, when you say early december do you mean december 2011?
- I think the team's reactions to what he said also showed that it was not something they expected him to say...that was my impression anyway, C.
- Why do people post on here if they are not interested in Harry and Nick? You don't have to think they are in a relationship, but no-one can deny their close friendship nor should you be criticising people who believe they are, thats the whole point of a discussion forum. If people say they have sources, then either believe them or don't, but don't be harsh to them. Just state your opinion and leave it at that. And if you don't like one or both, why bother posting at all? I've never understood that.
Anyway - I always laughed at the idea Taylor would write a song to Harry when they split, I never thought in a million years she would actually do it! They were 'together' about 3 weeks, I doubt you were that hurt or upset love. Thats just called dating. Sometimes it doesn't work out!
Did people see Nick's whipped cream eating? Made me laugh a lot :)
- Thank you C.
- R367 - No, last year, and actually thinking about it, it was on the Friday, which was St Andrews Day, so the 30th November 2012.
R368 - Yes, I really don't think he was thinking when he said that. Their reaction was telling.
R370 - You're welcome.
- And two days later Harry was in Central Park with Taylor. Wow. The suggestion of an injunction and yet another person claiming they've been together "for a while" only days before that happened really does make me sigh even more about that whole debacle, not to get into it again, sorry. I just think the idea of an injunction is interesting in comparison to how the press were able to overblow everything with Harry and Taylor, especially if the Harry/Nick injunction had been in place for a while before everything with Taylor.
- Bit surprised neither The Daily Mail or The Sun ran a single thing about Nick's jokey comments about missing Harry. DM is pretty anti-Nick and didn't focus on him much during the Harry birthday stuff except for that one article bashing him, so it doesn't surprise me, but curious why The Sun didn't run it, it's not like it's much less of a story than anything else they run, and they've generally been pretty cheeky about Harry and Nick, nicer about Nick too if I remember correctly. Seems like all the other usual online tabloids had a version of it.
- It makes things like the tabloid innuendos and this fantasy celeb couple thing all the more entertaining, R372! If there is an injunction they sure seem to be trying to push as far as they can with their hints without actually saying anything :).
- Oh you donuts...
- R375, if you're implying 'Gryles' is some sort of wind up/PR stunt, I wouldn't be surprised.
- LG.. I have lost the little bit of respect I had left for u. U can not be serious.?
- R377, good for you. You're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine.
- R376 I can't fathom you out at all. I used to really like reading your posts. But lately I'm just at a complete loss for words. I cannot believe you would think that N and H would be a PR stunt. Are you serious? Really?
You have the right to your opinion. But a PR/stunt really?
- L Girl, by all means don't think they are a couple, but don't just randomly pop up and start agreeing with every single person who thinks everyone on here is 'delusional' and not comment otherwise. sure, join in the discussion but you seem to now only comment when someone else makes a comment about them not being which is going to annoy people. It just looks like you are waiting for someone to come up with a reason for them not being or someone to comment about everyone being silly and you jump in there saying yes I agree. Thats annoying. You adding you opinion to all the discussion is not.
- oh god, the next PR stunt will be corden/harry next.. crazy
- LG.. The idea that Nick and Harry is a PR stunt isn't even a opinion it just stupid.
- Agreed 379 - LG, you have every right to your opinion and I don't knock you for thinking they are not a couple, I'm not sure. But you now think they are not even really friends and its a PR stunt?! Really? ... you've gone from couple to only PR stunt. why have you turned so heavily against them as a pairing?
If there is one thing I don't doubt, its actually their friendship. They've been friends for far too long now and spent far too much time together both in front of and away from the cameras for me to believe its all set up for publicity. They've thrown each other birthday parties. Harry always goes to Nick after being away, every time without fail. Harry goes for dinner parties with Nick's closet friends, they dress identically, Harry beams around Nick, and laughs his head off - they obviously have similar interests and tastes and are clearly very good friends. No question at all.
- R379, my post states "i wouldn't be surpised" I'm suggesting it's a possibility not a certainty and I believe it is.
The volume of tweets citing associates of N or employees at R1 as 'sources' is at odds with a supposed 'secret' relationship / injunction (as is N's constant hinting/jokes)
That and many other things leave me unconvinced.
- Maybe they aren't a couple LG, but you really think just PR? Not friends?
- LG is troll troll trolling again....
- H, I certainly don't doubt their friendship. I'm just saying I can see benefits to letting a baseless rumour about something more romantic spiral (& yes, clearly drawbacks too)
- The injunction vs all the jokes is a fair point. If there WAS an injunction, and they are quite serious things, then it wouldn't make sense for Nick for be quite so open about it. I get that he could be hiding in plain sight, but again, if there was a legal injunction it would seem foolish to comment on it at all.
- I'm not convinced there is an injunction. Or if there is, its very specific that the 'media' (i.e. print press, TV, Radio, Internet Journos) cannot actually state they are a couple of obviously imply it. That would explain why people in the media tweet about it and Nicks jokes cos thats not breaking any injunction rules if it is quite specific.
If they are together, maybe there is something else stopping the media - money?
Then again, I'm not outing is something I've seen the British media do much? Maybe go on about it for months afterwards, but after the person has been forced out by getting caught or something - anyone have any examples of when an actual paper has forced someone out? I may just be being naive to the media here!
- 388 - I imagine if the injunction was about you though, you could break it? I couldn't see Nick getting into trouble for being reckless with an injunction about himself? as its about him. But then I suppose he is 'the media' so that might break the rules! Confusing!
- If there is an injunction, it might just be about the press and media but it can't be enforced on people who don't even know it's in place. The people tweeting, or many of them anyway, might know from direct contact or sources about Harry and Nick and might not be aware of an injunction. I doubt whoever put the alleged injunction in place will go around advertising the fact that it exists and thus inform people who might not know before.
- LG I am actually interested in your theories.
So why would a rumour about a Harry/Nick relationship be beneficial.
To cover another relationship, Caroline Flack, Louis, someone else?
- 388 here again.
You all raise good points too. I have no knowledge of injunctions so I don't know how they work, it was just something I'd thought about too (Nick joking about it etc).
I can't think of any instance of a paper outing someone. I'm sure they get more mileage out of Harry's womaniser image and I think if they WERE a couple, and were outed, it could potentially ruin Nick's career (although that could be another reason for him not to joke about it).
- Re: Injuctions, there was a definite injuction on Ryan Giggs/Imogen Thomas and EVERYONE was tweeting about that so I wouldn't take the presence of tweets as necessarily meaning there isn't an injunction.
- Also, papers like the Daily Mail ran lots of innuendo laden stories to get around previous injunctions like Ryan Giggs/Imogen Thomas.
- I feel as though if there is a press injunction in place, Nick probably jokes MORE as it's sort of a safety net? He can get away with it.
- I'm sure N can hint / joke about a relationship while an injunction exists. I'm also sure people can tweet (informally) whilst an injunction exists.
My point is, why would he/they? If this was a real relationship, one that is supposed to be secret, why are H&N drawing attention to it? And why are colleagues being so indiscreet regarding gossip?
Unless they are building up to coming out (a lovely idea but fantasy imo) It just doesn't add up.
- R397 Because if there is an injunction it was almost certainly put in place by Harry's management possibly against the wishes of Nick and/or Harry. So joking about it may be Nick's way of being as open as he legally can be.
- R392, buzz / awareness for N (& his show) edgier image for H, possible distraction from other relationships they might want to keep private?
(I'm not suggesting there wouldn't be drawbacks to these rumours too)
- R398 I think that kind of assumption is too far, perhaps a possibility but definitely nothing suggests it, there are plenty of reasons both of them wouldn't want it known. However I think it's impossible to try and pretend to guess what nick's feelings are about a hypothetical injunction and how he would behave? I would imagine it would be frustrating having to hide a relationship even if you weren't in a place where you wanted to be public it. Maybe he likes toeing the line with his jokes, maybe he likes to keep people guessing, either way he's not outright joking about being in a relationship with harry/fancying harry (iirc in an interview with sugarscape where he got a snog marry avoid question and one of the options was harry he even picked avoid so I'd say he is def trying to not give that impression.) but talking about date-y behaviour with a mysterious friend most people won't realize is harry is not giving that impression or even being all that risqué. Neither is making a joke about a popstar in his bed. His supposedly "open jokey" behaviour really isn't that open or obvious for most people and the fact he makes a point of not naming harry does suggest that it's different from the obvious kind of jokes that would suggest a bromance/fanserivce more than an actual hidden relationship with possible injunction.
- Out of interest has anyone heard Nick refer in anyway to Harry as anything other than his friend on the Breakfast show?
Whilst he has talked about doing things with a "friend" which certainly seem couple-like he very rarely refers to Harry by name (others have tweeted things which have made it obvious it was Harry, eg the baking evening, which Nick wasn't to know about), and didn't even talk about the birthday parties last week and really to repeat a point I made earlier (apologies if you read that too) do you think that any of the general public listening are going to think, "oh yes, he is plainly dating his much younger womanizing best friend" given the vague comments he has made.
I am pretty sure they are very few people without a particular interest in Nick, and even then, only the very curious, who have even thought twice about his comments.
- [quote]edgier image for H,
Edgy or not, I don't think "likes to have sex with older men" is the image Syco are going for.
[quote]possible distraction from other relationships they might want to keep private
I can't see any relationships they might be in that would be seen as a bigger PR nightmare.
- C- When Nick is talking about 1D its the only time he says Harrys name and not my friend.. I also agree with everything u just said!
- C, I get your point. N could be a lot more overt than he is. However, I would expect him to be more covert than he is (if they were together)
The 'popstar in bed' comment was really pushing IMO (unless of course, it's not true)
- Even Flack would be better, a relationship with an older woman must be preferable to a relationship with an older man. In the eyes of their management that is.
- Nick got a showbot question a whileback on Harry PURPOSELY wrong, which was weird. So I think when he feels the need to holdback he does.
- R402 - I agree, short of him dating Simon Cowell himself I can't think of anyone else worse either. There's the age difference, the fact that Nick is able to influence music sales through his show (this works against both of them depending which angle you take), there's Nick "reputation" for hard partying with perhaps unsuitable friends (not a view I agree with on either count) and finally, and one imagines most importantly given the lengths they went to with Taylor Swift, there is the fact that Nick is a man. No PR company is ever going to consider this.
LG - In what way hasn't he been covert. I agree the comment today was unexpected (and I don't think planned) but Matt covered for him, and it's not as if he doesn't have a lot of "popstar" friends, so that could easily just have meant he would invite someone especially. There was no mention of Harry this morning at all, so no obvious link. Half the people listening to him don't even seem to know he is gay given the constant tweets of surprise when they find out he is.
- In addition to R407 - Just to be clear; I meant worse to the "management" of 1D; not worse in my own opinion.
- C, maybe you're right and we are so immersed in this rumour that what seems 'obvious' to us, may not to others.
I've just always been suspicious at the volume of tweets originating from sources linked with radio 1 / N's colleagues.
I'm trying to understand why so many people linked to him would gossip about a relationship which if proven true, would be damaging to both parties.
- LG, you're surprised that people would gossip about a hushed up relationship between one of the biggest popstars in the world right now (being portrayed as a teen heartthrob, womanizer etc.) and a somewhat prominent/well known man ten years older than him? It's one thing to expect that immediate friends and people close with H and N who care about them would keep their mouth shut. As for colleagues who might have picked up on it or been tipped off etc... People love to gossip and this is gold. Doesn't surprise me at all.
- R402, If it were proven and communicated to all of Britain that H is sleeping with a 28yo guy, yes, it would probably be a problem. However, baseless gossip contained within a certain demographic might result in nothing more than beneficial intrigue/edge re H. It doesn to seemed to have harmed him yet?
Re gossip acting as a distraction, N is apparently notoriously private about his romantic life. It might just suit him to have have all eyes focused on a rumour rather than an actual real life relationship he might be having (the benefit being privacy rather than a PR exercise)
- To be honest I can't remember many tweets coming from the BBC; there was one from the sister of an associate producer a couple of days ago and someone commented that it was one of the first directly from BBC at the time. There was of course the somewhat unexpected tweet from the ITV news correspondent.
Most of the tweets are from PR people, publicists, and people involved in the fashion and music worlds, and whilst they will certainly know Nick and Harry from events and more general socializing it's not like any of their close friends are commenting.
lG - I don't think the rumours have harmed Harry because there aren't actually any rumours apart from amongst a few people online and those who know them in the "media" world part of London; neither of whom appear to care one way or the other.
As to Nick dating someone else, who might it be, especially since we have a newspaper saying that Harry is, at least part of the time, living with him. (And given how they wrapped that up in the fact that Harry didn't like sleeping in an empty house and tagged it onto an article about Niall where barely anyone noticed it then I think that one is true).
- R410, I'm not surprised 'people' are gossiping. I'm surprised so many of N's colleagues are gossiping when it is potentially harmful to him.
Obviously I don't know how 'close' these colleagues are to N but given how well liked he seems within the industry (& rightly so), something about all this just seems so off to me.
- LG - Which colleagues?
- I think there was a runner who worked for bbc and itv and someone who has at some point worked at bbc or has a very close friend who has worked at bbc who suggested one or more of the group are gay.
- C, I'm ignoring the Daily Star. Partly because it's the Daily Star! (obviously) and partly because H seems to be spotted in East London a lot more than he does in NW3. As for a bf, the trainer would be my guess (assuming he's gay)
I just don't believe H&N are involved so I'm simply trying to make sense of tweets stating the opposite.
If, like you, I'd heard from a trusted/reliable source that they were Involved, I'd no doubt have a different take on this.
- C, they're never named. I've just seen an awful lot of tweets claiming their source 'works with N' or at the BBC/R1.
- LG - Can you link a couple, apart from the PA back in the summer I don't remember any who said they said they knew through people actually working with Nick. It would be interesting to see if they had links to the BBC.
- @_fergyb_ tweeted saying that his sister worked at bbc (in the summer iirc?) and there was a thing about whether or not to tell people, but that's the only other example I remember? It seemed one of the more believable ones to me since he was a random 20something straight dude who didn't seem to know much else about h or n, someone who was tweeting him had to explain "shipping" to him and he was basically just saying they were together and it was covered up but no offence he wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it etc. I can try to find the link later but it was in the past few months, maybe December?
- C, I don't remember the tweeters names so can't link (not that I have worked out how to yet anyway) but off the top of my head, I've seen mentioned; a lawyer, a producer, an agent, a PA and less specifically, people have mentioned their sources work either for radio 1, with N or just for the BBC in general.
Sorry I can't be more specific but I really have seen so many (hence my suspicion)
- The other one I remember was that dj, C. There was one girl who said her sister's friend works in R1 and another who said someone at R1 had walked in on them and another who knows someone who saw them kissing at R1. All random and completely unrelated it would seem.
- R419, That is one of the ones I would be more inclined to believe due to his declaration that 'there was nothing wrong with it' and the detail re whether they should tell people about H.
- Oh, that was a guy, R419...I should have checked before assuming.
- That was my general point; none of these people are actual work colleagues of Nicks'. He is not working day in, day out with any of them; whilst some of them will know him vaguely, they are not going to have any especial loyalty to him. In the case of the couple who are reporting back gossip from family members it is not as if the actual BBC/R1 employees have been having a general gossip amongst friends, just telling siblings, and they have not even posted anything themselves.
(From what I remember of the one about someone walking in on them it was in a dressing room so one presumes during Children in Need evening rather than at R1.)
Whilst I do believe most of them, they are too random not to, I don't think there is anything suspicious or organised by a PR company, say, about the tweets, and since most of them have only a couple of hundred followers at the most we are only aware of them because of twitter search. Not one presumes something they would ever imagine anyone doing to one of their tweets.
- Yup, a dressing room, C.
- C, maybe, but a couple mentioned 'producers that work with N and that to me suggests someone as close to N as Fincham?!
Those tweets really made me wonder.
- LG - It's not just radio producers who work with Nick, television producers do too; I don't imagine for one moment Matt would say anything private about Nick to anyone; regardless of their very obvious friendship, his job is also rather reliant upon Nick's at the moment (although I do feel the friendship element might matter more to Matt given how they are together).
- C, true. They didn't specify what medium they were producing. I just assumed it was radio.
- LG, I agree, that part made it believable to me too because it didn't seem like he was just trying to gossip or spread rumors or get the juicy scandalous information out there, he was saying what he'd heard and seemed genuinely concerned that he didn't want to come off as homophobic or anything cause he was just passing on the info about worrying about image etc.
As far as I remember I think there were two separate people who said they'd heard they were walked in on in the dressing room at CiN?
And yeah, Nick does a lot of other projects outside Radio 1 - he was on T4 til that ended only a few months ago I think, he hosted Buzzcocks in October, he's lined up that new panel show, etc, and this is just off the top of my head in the past few months.
- LG - Hope you don't feel I'm haranguing you or anything, just very curious to know why you've changed your view so completely on H/N? I've been lurking around since the very first thread and you were always one of the most vocal in support of a relationship existing between H/N, although you swayed between the Other Relationship (don't wanna drag that up again or anything though) but you seem to have now done a complete 180. The things that convinced you before (industry tweets, Nick mentioning Harry) are now things that deter you. Not attacking you, just curious as to why?
I just find it strange as well I guess because, personally, I feel more convinced than ever that there is a relationship between Harry and Grimmy. Towards the end of last year I was a bit disillusioned, and even though I never believed in the Haylor stunt, I reckoned that whatever N/H had must have petered out in some way, that they'd parted ways for whatever reason. But since New Years, it's been like the summer in terms of the amount of time spent together; the fact that Grimmy was at both Harry's birthday celebrations was telling (if H was your boyfriend, you'd be at both, right?) as well as N16's source, which I take as reliable especially given that they shared on the Cara/Rita thing.
- One Direction leaves on a almost year long tour in a few weeks so that should pretty effectively kill the rumors about Nick and Harry for awhile so Nick can say whatever he wants right now.
- Zee, I understand why people might be confused / irritated that I've changed my view. Up until the New Year, I was pretty much sold on the rumours being true (never bought into Haylor and just assumed H&N were keeping a low profile after all the press about the clothes sharing)
However since then, there have been a few things about Miss you know who, H doesn't appear to spend enough time with N to be dating him (seems to spend most of his time in East London) and then there was the info from Links and NW3.
What's really changed my mind though are the many hints that N is involved with someone (that doesn't appear to be H) or at least single and playing the field? The teasing, hints, intagram pics, DM comments, time spent with the trainer? I appreciate that some of this may be joking or even misdirection but much of it seems really quite genuine to me.
I haven't changed my mind completely. I'm just a lot less convinced and a lot more open to other possibilities. I'll change my mind back if there appears more reason to believe the rumours (Re the tweets, it's not so much that I see them as evidence that they are 'not together' I was just starting to become a little suspicious of them but some of yesterday's posts has made me question that suspicion)
R431, pretty sure they are only out of the country for around 4 months and this is broken up by sizeable gaps?
- If Harry and Nick are spotted together today or tomorow this will be the ultimate proof they are a couple. Come on, 2 Valentines spent together? Too much for two platonic friends.
- On a Breakfast Show note, Fincham (and Showquizness) is annoying me SO much lately.
- This is PR. Not to make people believe they are in a relationship. But to link Harry with someone to hide the fact that he is spending time with someone else. H and Nick are very good friends, yes. But he is very good friends with Ed Sheeran as well. He is spending a lot of time with Lou, Tom and Lux. Nobody writes articles about that. For some reason, they do write articles about him and Harry. Why? To help Harry out of the closet? Beautiful idea, but probably not true.
If he was Harrys boyfriend, they wouldnt give people so much oppurtunity to write articles about them.
- R435, who do you think the person is that he is spending time with but would rather hide?
- I don't think Harry need to be helped out of the closet. Crazy ideea, don't forget he is in the biggest boy band in the world at the moment. He cannot be perceived as gay. So I don't undestand all the innuendos in the press lately about Harry and Grimmy. What, are they trying to sell us not only a false romance but a gay one also? This is not PR imo, maybe the magazines want to tell us something.
- Really, the idea that his relationship with Nick is a PR cover for another one, one more "problematic" media-wise, does not make any sense. I mean for this other relationship to be more difficult to "sell" he'd have to be involved with a married man or with a couple or something...I honestly cannot see any benefits in the media focus on Harry and Nick if it is all just PR.
To me the simplest explanation is that they are a couple, anything else seems far too complicated a theory.
- People constantly claim it can't be a cover for another relationship as nothing could be worse than N&H imagewise.
However, hiding it may have absolutely nothing to do with image. They might be hiding it simply because they want privacy. Look at the hate H's previous partner received. If hiding your relationship meant you could avoid that, surely you would.
- Hiding it is one thing, faking TWO relationships to cover it up is another entirely.
- I don't think that was the purpose of 'Haylor'
The N rumours are probably the distraction. Haylor was about promo for her single and a future solo career for H IMO.
- Then why not only date Taylor to hide his other relationship or any other random girl. As I said this seems far too complicated to be logical. I mean picking Taylor specifically with her bearding "reputation" in addition to creating the rumour that Harry is dating Nick is not a good combination if Harry is not gay.
And this person he's supposedly really dating is okay with him spending all holidays and occasions away from them?
Yeah, no, I don't buy it, I'm sorry.
- To be honest I think the purpose of Haylor was threefold; publicity for Taylor, keeping 1D in the news, and emphasizing Harry's "straightness". Whilst I think there is a fair chance Harry will go on further after 1D I don't think it is anything which is being encouraged at the moment.
LG - I know you mention that you don't believe the Daily Star comment about Harry living part of the time with Nick as he is seen in east London too often, but it is noticeable that we have never seen any photographs of Harry in Primrose Hill (although there have been plenty) in the press, so I think it is more that these are the ones they choose (for whatever reason) to publish. It makes sense that he would clothes shop there; he is hardly going to be in the West End with all the potentially screaming teenage girls, especially if he is fond of vintage.
Whilst I fully accept that the Daily Star is hugely untrustworthy the fact that they tagged their comment on to an article about Niall and his tattoo's and then didn't imply it was anything more than staying with a friend so he didn't get lonely strikes me more as PR covering themselves if it comes out how often Harry is with Nick.
- We don't know who H spends his time with when he isn't out and and about (and he doesn't seem out and about that much)
Fuelling rumours to create a distraction from a hidden relationship doesn't seem that complicated (I think Haylor was unconnected) so it's the scenario that makes most sense to me.
- It would be one thing for H to try to distract from a private relationship or keep it on the down low, but it's a bit of a stretch to imagine that they would encourage rumours about him and a guy 10 years older than him just to keep people guessing? The press is running innuendos/etc because so many people are aware of the rumours, or have had it "confirmed" by sources they think are credible - however none of this is enough to actually pass it off as true. It's obvious from the way people are tweeting about it that this is a rumor that's been going around for a long time and that's even considered "old news" to some. So obviously you"re going to get press innuendo. It doesn't make any sense as a PR strategy to cover up a relationship (because it's not like this is a public rumor that the general public are speculating about/is being written about blatantly)
- Well, we know who he travelled with, who he spent Christmas and NYE with as well as his birthday...I specifically said holidays and occasions.
If their PR saw it as unconnected then they are not very good at their jobs.
Well, it doesn't make any sense to me in this particular constellation, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.
- Is Nick involved with Comic Relief at all tomorrow?
Also one assumes 1D will be performing in the London studios as theirs is the official single.
What's happening tomorrow?? I know he's definitely involved in the fundraising night in March as one of the presenters (and 1D will also be there hopefully to perform their single).
- I'm not sure, R447. It would be great if he was and 1D were there too!
- C, I don't think H&N are a couple but probably happy to let the rumours rumble on as it's mutually beneficial (in H's case, to cover another relationship)
I can't really defend that opinion without straying into subject areas people don't want to read about so i'll leave it there.
(Will continue to read the thread & if something comes to light, will reevaluated)
- Tomorrow is Red Nose Day. It is run by a charity called Comic Relief which raises money for those in need both here and in Africa. There is a big telethon which is led by comedians and other celebs. All over the country people dress up, do silly things and wear red noses. One Direction are the group providing the official song this year which is what took them to Ghana and it seems Nick has a role of some kind too.
- A video of Nick getting asked about Harry's birthday shirt:
- R446 - Yes, the fact that Harry spent Thursday evening through to the beginning of the breakfast show on Friday and then Friday evening through to Saturday morning with Nick over his birthday is telling. This really is something you would only do with a partner especially as the other friends were different both nights (with the exception seemingly of Sam Teasdale but then she wasn't there for the small dinner and was only there part of the Friday night).
And yet none of the papers actually made any innuendos about this; all of them reported Nick as his best friend, so I am not really so sure that they press is going out of their way to spread rumours at the moment (although I do think they were when Haylor was current, but that seem more like pointed comments to their PR for feeding them what they knew was false information).
LG - I can see no benefit for anyone thinking that Harry is gay and involved with a man 9 years old than him for a marketing point of view. However as you seem to think Harry is still involved with Caroline I can understand why we wouldn't agree; which is fine.
- Isn't that in March, R451?
- Red nose day is in march, not tomorrow
- Exactly, C. That birthday "weekend" was telling for me as well. Only Nick was there the entire time.
- Yeah, it's 15th March, not Feb.
- R394 People forget that there is a difference between an injunction and a superinjunction. The existence of the latter is meant to be a secret, but not the former.
- Oh, that's a good point, R458.
Btw., I need to apologize for my bad grammar at R446. That should be whom of course.
- R446 [quote]Yes, the fact that Harry spent Thursday evening through to the beginning of the breakfast show on Friday and then Friday evening through to Saturday morning with Nick over his birthday is telling. This really is something you would only do with a partner
Or family or close friends. You especially might spend time with friends if you were single.
There does seem to be a lot of projection from all sides in this thread.
- R460, I never said that it definitely means Nick is Harry's partner, though I believe he is, just that there is nobody else who spent as much time with him and is thus MORE likely to be his partner.
- R460 - But Harry has family and close friends, and none of them were with him from Thursday evening through to Saturday morning breaking only for work. It's a long time.
I think for me it's the fact that he had two separate and rather different celebrations, one with only 4 others, and yet he was with Nick all of the time.
Even in the photographs of the crowd walking between clubs they are next to each other, talking, and in some cases hugging, and there are no photographs (and we have seen an awful lot) of that kind of contact between Harry and anyone else that evening (apart from much later with Theo when Harry was very drunk, and that was more Theo protecting him).
I agree that if you are single you certainly would spend a lot more time with your friends' but out of all of his friends there Harry was always within three feet of Nick in the photographs, and that is not really how one would normally behave unless their relationship was different.
- I agree completely, C.
I think there is definitely a danger of reading what we want to read into everything. I don't think it's all that surprising Nick and Harry spend so much time together considering what we know (or are told) about them, which is that Nick loves having people around him, staying at his house, coming with him on work things and family visits etc, and that Harry likes being around people too and prefers to stay with friends than be by himself. In that respect, their friendship (or whatever it is) seems perfectly matched and both are in a position to indulge it (no kids, erratic working hours that gives them long stretches of downtime, plenty of funds).
- The conversation in the most recent tweet attached has continued.
It's clearly not just me that is wondering about manipulation here? (& they work in PR)
- I think the "toyed with" is probably about what the media is saying versus what they are hearing elsewhere.
- LG - I presume you mean the attached. Not sure where you are getting the manipulation from, the final tweeter just says that they don't know for sure, which is perfectly likely, not everyone will!
Given their above comment of "They're just BFFs - read the' BF' as you will." (Best Friends Forever or Boy Friends Forever) it just looks as if we have finally found a tweet from someone who is not willing to actually confirm what they know under their own name online. Apparently a first!
- About Harry's birthday party, what I didn't understand is why nobody from Harry's family were there: nor his mother, father, sister, cousins etc. Why he didn't spent his day with his family? Also I noticed from his bandmates, only Niall was there. Very strange.
- C, It was the word 'toyed' that suggested a sense of manipulation but R466 makes a good point?
- R468, maybe he celebrated in private with them afterwards, on Saturday or so?
- R466 - Yes, the media is very much selling him as straight; this is from the Metro today.
- They really are, C. In a ridiculous way usually.
That's one of the more reaching tabloid articles I've ever seen, what are the chances they a) did that list recently and not weeks ago, and b) that they even put the list together themselves.
- I agree with LG, I think Harry and Nick are just friends. I also think he is with Caroline.
He did seem to really like her, perhaps he doesn't care about gay rumours and wants to protect her from hate from the fans.
Look how much everyone hates the idea of them together and you can understand why.
Sorry I know this thread is about Nick so I will leave.
- And finally, the attached of Nick from the Elle Awards because it's cute and I am impressed with the gif skills involved, and I feel I have strayed from somewhat with my posts....
- R468 I don't think it's so strange, I didn't spend my 18th, 19th or 21st birthdays with my family, which was for the best as I was hammered at all of them!
Not sure why LG is so adamant about the F word but as she doesn't feel comfortable saying much more about the rumours she's heard at work I'm going to leave that there.
I'll summarise what I've heard for the person who asked a while ago - sorry I can't remember who, these threads move so quickly!
I work in Dalston, and through work I vaguely know Sam T and friends. I have spoken to her once, round about the time of the prank call - she told me it was genuine! Some of her and N's mutual friends drunkenly told me about H and N outside a club, they spoke offhandedly about it 'they're fucking, what of it' type thing. This was just before N took over the breakfast show (that's how the topic came up)
Then friend A and I were discussing the H and N gossip and he told me he had slept with 2 diff guys when he was at uni who had also slept with N - 1 a one night stand, 1 a boyfriend. Friend A described them both as resembling H physically and said they had told him N was into a bit of S&M and fancied 'young looking' people.
His boyfriend (B) has recently told me he's heard on the scene it's taken as confirmed (gay scene in Peckham/South London)
Friend C is a photographer - he was at H's birthday but accidentally and doesn't know him. His work colleague D lived with N some time ago and dated one of his friends. D confirmed to C H and N are a couple and C relayed this to me. D also knew about R and C. I trust this source as he told me about the Jay Electronica/Rothschild affair before it came out!
Think that's all.
- Thanks for that complete summary, N16. Though I've read the separate parts before, it's nice to have it all in order in one post :).
- [R468] Regarding who was at Harry's birthday, his sister Gemma WAS actually there, you can see her in the back of the pap pictures of harry, nick and his other friends. She is just very quiet about her interactions with Harry and none of the update accounts noticed Gemma in the pics so it wasn't talked about. People were also saying that Liam and Louis stopped by at some point before heading to another party.
- Thank you N16. I had to give your letters nes to get my head round it so you now have friends called: Adam, Bert, Christopher and David. :) Excellent gossip.
- I really don't understand what this thread has become. I can buy Harry and Nick both being single or the two of them being together but I highly doubt either of them is in a secret hidden relationship with someone other than each other.
Sure, let's say by some weird twist of fate Harry does hang out with Nick sometimes to try and get the pressure of his relationship with someone else - there's absolutely no way the media would be compliant in this and there's no way the media wouldn't know. The Sun would not help hide Harry/Flack.
In other news, Nick was VERY insistant on the show this morning about how single he is. If he was with someone he wasn't hiding I doubt there would have said what a lonely Valentine he is going to have (Harry is in yorkshire). And though he mentioned not being able to go to Example's tour on Friday he said it was because only his mum wanted to go and did not mention the dinner he is having Friday. (Though he did mention to Sara when he thought the radio wasn't on that he was getting a table for 12 which may be related)
He also said he went on his second date ever last week (though that was also the week RJ King was in town they don't seem to have done anything in the evening which is when a date usually is)
- Yeah in regards Nick talking so much about being single on the show today, I do think a lot of it is, well...for show, or at least exaggerated, the whole "forever single" thing is something he's always joked about and played out and while he might no generally be the relationship type I think there are definitely moments where he's obviously playing up a character (aka insisting he's only ever been on two dates in his life, for example)
- Well N16, if you are trolling, you've gone to great lengths to do so - I know we should always take everything with a pinch of salt, but I find it unlikely that someone would come up with links like yours or random information. You never know, but I'd like to believe you!
Couple of questions, which you're welcome to ignore: you say D lived with N, is this before Hen and G? Also why the South London scene, specifically, or is this just because that's where B goes out? Just thinking that neither N or H seem to venture down south that I've seen. Not that that means the information could be convoluted - everyone's connected, in the end.
I did find Nick's date comment odd - he always exaggerrates, though. Like his insistence that he's only watched about three complete films! But if he's been dating Harry, how did he have his "second" date last week? And is it really likely to have been with Harry?
- Well H was in London last week wasn't he? If they did have a date or a nice night in or whatever I figured that might have been a little throw-out to say he did have a nice date last week despite all the going on about being single and alone and etc
- Yeah and there was the whole thing where Finchy was saying he'd get in trouble with his girlfriend if Nick kept going on about him fancying Cara Delevingne and Nick was exasperated like "you're allowed to fancy other people!" and basically went on about how in a relationship finchy couldn't fancy his girlfriend's friend but he was allowed to fancy famous people/models/etc and I guess was really adamant about it and F asked "have you been in this position?" and N said "yeah a little bit" which is basically admitting being in a relationship at some point in his life at the very least aka the whole two dates thing is prob made up
- Ha, the two dates thing is DEFINITELY made up.
- Lol agreed R485
- N16, I wasn't referring to rumours from work, it's out there as published info.
At the end of the day, H&C seemed serious, the split seemed fake, there was enough justification for a fake split and what I've seen and read since is sufficient to convince me they could still be together. Yes sitings & gossip has been minimal but they may just be effective at keeping it quiet.
However, I'm not 100% convinced so hanging around hoping someone will post something that proves me wrong.
- Minimal? Sitings have been non existant, unless you'd like to share some now. Unless you're talking her turning up to his birthday and a couple of industry parties - which the press have happily written about. There was no innuendo in the latest on her being at his birthday, except for PerezHilton I think. I have yet to see any tweets from people who would be more in the know than ourselves - except you and your sources at work.
I know you won't reveal your magazines supposedly publishing this info, but I read gossip magazines and surf the news pages regularly and haven't seen anyone questioning the split since early summer, when they were still trying to get milage out of the story, much as they will do with Taylor and with a longer life span, because she's so high profile.
Considering you used to think the press used innuendo and hints to try and clue the public in and push the boundries re H and N, this seems quite an about face in your view of how the media works for H. Do you think there's a photoban on the two of them, hence why they are never seen in public together? I can't imagine they only see each other in the privacy of their own homes. Long term feasible relationships can't really last that, and they'd have to have been operating this way for quite some time.
I respect your opinion, I just feel there are a lot of holes in the theory and in your evidence (which I have not seen, only heard about, since you won't/can't link to these stories).
- R488, it is only a theory and I don't disagree that there are holes in it (that's why I'm not 100% convinced) However, none of us (apart from those with direct sources) are sure? However, If I had to make a call, my conclusion in R487 would be it.
Re stories, they are not recent. Most were around the time they reputedly split. A few a couple of month later. A magazine that mentioned them in April was an Australian magazine that also tweeted about it. When they were accused of making it up, they were adamant that there source was 100% reliable and that H&N were current at that point. The most recent one was in November in the Daily Star. A source I dismissed earlier but will mention it just to point out that recent gossip exists.
And yes, the sitings I am referring to are the ones you mention. And yes, I agree a relationship confined to each other's homes doesn't seem sustainable but taking everything into account, I think she is the person H is most likely seeing.
I could list many reasons in addition to the press as to why I think this but don't want to bore the thread (anymore than I already have)
And as I've said previously, partly it's gut feel.
- I think the two date thing might be possible but only if he only counts very specific things at dates. I know I don't count going out for meals/cinema etc etc with my boyfriend as dates anymore. I did in the first couple months, after thats, its just a evening out! Unless my boyfriend was to arrange the whole thing and 'take' me on it, then I might, i.e. for my birthday.
Maybe he feels the same?
- Maybe Harry isn't seeing anybody? We're all assuming he's seeing SOMEONE in secret, but maybe he's single and enjoying himself.
- R491 Maybe, Although I still like the thought that he is with N. I really think they make a great couple. I shall be so disappointed if it turns out they are not a couple.
Like someone else said. It will be interesting if H and N meet up today or tomorrow.
Either way if nothing else is going on they have a beautiful friendship going on.
Still hope they're together though.
I should clarify (because my comment sounded more snotty than I'd meant it!), I'd love H and N to be together too, it just struck me as I read all the tweets over WHO he could be secretly dating that the 'plot twist' could be no-one at all :D
- Nick talking about discussing visiting 1D on tour with Harry...
- Ive just been talking to a friend who lives in manchester. A friend of hers goes drinking most weekends and she says H is quite often there too. Now either he sneaks back up there every week or thats an exaggeration. Because is that even possible?
She thinks hes the womaniser the papers portray. I'm confused now. I told her my suspicions re N back at start of August but ive never discussed it since till now.
- I think it's highly unlikely, R495. People would have seen and mentioned him at least a few times if not every time. I don't think he's really disappeared that often on weekends. Most weeks it seems like 1D have stuff to do on weekends anyway or they're travelling etc...
- That's what I thought R496 when I posted about her info. I can't seem him getting back up north very often. She said friend last saw him a couple of weekends ago. That's all I know before anyone asks.
- Wasn't a couple of weekends ago his birthday? Or is that just a random estimate and it could be a few weeks before that?
- I have to say that Nick not being bothered to go on the tour with them unless it's in Europe made me a bit sad :/
- I'm sure he's still going to go to a few concerts, R499...maybe even during his holiday. He does like to pretend things are not worth his effort, haha.
- Not certain but sounds like end of birthday weekend. I think he was spotted at crewe by someone on twitter IIRC. Think it was then. Was he seen in london sunday?
- Are you talking about Manchester itself or Holmes Chapel, R501? I think he may well have gone home to celebrate with his family after celebrating with Nick et al...or maybe Nick went home too? I don't know if Nick was seen that Sunday either.
- R501 - Yes, one of the update sites said he was back at home on the Sunday/Monday so that would tie in. Apparently according to someone on tumblr I think, his sister Gemma changed her icon picture jsut after that (she is now wearing a party hat) and if you look closely at the background both Nick and Harry appear to be part of a larger group (I must say I would not have been aware any of that myself).
I rather think Nick is preparing the ground with regards to the 1D tour visits. He doesn't normally discuss Harry and the fact that he has had two quite lengthy conversations on air now about him and Matt joining them when they are on holiday, or not as the case appears to be now, would suggest that this way he can go to other gigs without it looking suspicious (although probably without Matt). After all it would be easy for him to fly out on a Friday after his show and return on a Sunday afternoon whilst they are in Europe.
- Interestingly I just looked at a map and she lives north of Manchester about 5 miles from oldham.
- I agree about the tour points for sure, C. As I said above, I'm sure he'll go to a few concerts at least :).
- That is interesting, R504.
- R503 I don't think you can 100% say that Nick and Harry are in the back of that profile picture of Gemma's. As I mentioned, her and her boyfriend are in the back of the pap photos from Harry's birthday party in London so it could have just as easily been taken then.
- Gemma goes to school in Sheffield right?
- Yes university in Sheffield
- R505 - I was amused too by Matt's reply to Nick's comment that 1D were up for it "well, one of them".
R507 - No I quite agree, there is no way of knowing where they are, or indeed if it is Nick and/or Harry (having said that it actually does look a lot like Nick but I imagine quite a few people do from the back, and at a distance!!).
- That was indeed funny, C :)!
- C, I was also amused by how it was so clear to Nick that he'd/they'd be on the tour bus with 1D...rather presumptuous for "just a good friend," haha. I know it was all a joke, but I liked that he was so sure of his welcome :).
I love all the little mentions like that - the tour bus, and him being able to get a ticket to the Madison Square Garden gig last minute for a friend, being able to call Harry up and get him to help him out with silly links on the radio.
- Exactly, R513! It's sweet.
- I like this photo of them both from the other week. Note the flyer which happens to be on the floor between them as they walk by.
That's amazing! The flyer clearly ships it.
- I love it, R515!
- So, Harry is/was at a friend's uni party in Leeds apparently. It seems 1D were there already or something.
- Harry is great with socialising with people his own age and older, I sort of envy his ability to get on with everyone around him.
- Also, someone just came out to him? Which is... random
- That is random and sweet, R520.
- He is still tweeting about it...awwww.
- @RitaOra: Who else to spend valentines day with then the love of my life wearin my jacket like a true wife! grimmers
- Funny how both Harry and Cara are out of London.. and look who's together tonight!
- It's cute they're spending time with each other to make up for that fact, R524!
- only took ten seconds into the call with Niall for Grimmy to mention "harold." Apparently Harry was tweeting him pictures from rehearsal yesterday.
- texting, clearly. not tweeting.
- I love when Nick talks to Niall about Harry!
- According to this columnist that lives in london, there is a "super injunction" in place, and that her friend always sees N/H holding hands! It's an interesting convo..
- That was a very interesting - and cute - conversation, R529! Thank you!
- I agree, that is a very interesting conversation R529 Also like the fact that H text N yesterday.
- Are super-injunctions (not just regular injunctions) still being granted?
I thought they'd become more trouble than they were worth and that Marr's was one of the last when it was exposed.
- This lady just outed Harry and Nick as a couple. I don't think she has a reason to lie.
- I wasn't suggesting she was lying. I think it's likely an injunction of some sort is in place.
I was just wondering if super-injunctions were still being used after the trouble surrounding them last year. If they're not really used anymore, a lower level gag order could explain why so many H/N hints are allowed.
- 1D boys are returning to London today after rehearshals. It seems Harry and Nick will have their Valentine tonight. Just what I predicted.
- If there is a super-injunction she wouldn't know about unless she was involved in legal. If she were in legal she would not be writing about it on twitter.
I still think they're all just friends. Sorry to be boring.
- I hope they will, R535 :).
- As far as my understanding of press injunctions in the UK go, it would probably have to be a superinjunction rather than a simple private injunction. With a regular injunction the press could report on the existence of an injunction as long as they didn't name one or both of the parties (depending on the term) whereas a super injunction would prevent mention of its existence. Most superinjunctions seem to be around sex scandals, generally extramarital affairs, but it's hard to look into whether there is precedent for similar cases since of course the whole point is that no information is printed, you can really only go on cases that have been outed. I did read an estimation that it could cost up to 25 000 pounds if there was resistance to the claim but seeing as H has watches that cost more than that it's pretty obviously something he could afford, and one of the biggest points about injunctions seems to be that they end up reserved for the rich and famous.
- I just want to hear more about the hand-holding and romantic dinners!
- R535 that's exactly what I'm predicting too. Nick mentioned having a dinner on Friday as his reason for not going to the Sheffield concert but he was vague and moved on quickly after saying that and then when the concert came up again yesterday he didn't mention dinner at all.
- I find it a bit hard to believe that they're in the habit of holding hands in public - even if they don't have to worry about paparazzi because of an injunction, wouldn't they have to be afraid of getting snapped by a fan (or some other random non-journalist), who could then put the picture on twitter or tumblr?
- I know, R541, haha. I just like the idea!
Maybe it happens when they're at dinner or something not walking around.
- R341, The handholding bit sounds very sus?
The uk website UnrealityTV wrote an article about them in the summer about the week they spent together in August. They included the line "maybe they are lovers?"
I don't know anything about super-injunctions but I don't see how they would have been able to publish that if one existed?
- Does the same rule apply to a blog? I don't know, LG.
- LGirl, everybody treat H/N relationship like a joke, they seem to put the questions in a funny way, so it doesn't look like a outing (remember Gordon Smart in the Sun).
- I don't know which is why I mentioned it?
Just checked the article and it is basically quite suggestive and ends with the words "perhaps they are in a relationship or maybe they are just pals?"
- Thanks for the info R538. Like you say, most of the super-injunctions seemed to cover affairs and scandalous behaviour, but if I recall correctly (working with very fuzzy memory here), I think judges were getting fed up at their misuse for such casual matters.
With that legal reluctance and the backlash towards the parties involved when the injunctions were exposed, I just wondered if super-injunctions were considered worth the trouble nowadays.
But in terms of H/N I guess we'll never know.
- R542, the tone is not jokey, more speculative? (it's still online if you want to check it out?)
They wrote another piece relating to the story about N missing H whilst on tour (loaded with innuendo)
- Or maybe Harry is ready to come out (probably not tomorow, but at the end of the tour) so this is the reason we read so much about N/H in the press lately. Everybody and their mother know these two are a couple.
- I don't think blogs like unrealitytv would be aware of the super injunction if there is one: It's not exactly a proper well-read site. I'd never even heard of it till it got linked on here.
And you don't have to be a part of legal to find out you've just got to have a connection with someone who knows someone. Lawyers are just as prone to gossip and I know quite a bit of gossip because a friend's lawyer friend does some celebrity contracts.
- Maybe they are simply not allowed to explicitly out them...not that I actually think they would anyway actually.
Apparently a lot of injunctions are mistakenly being referred to as super-injunctions. Maybe this is the case here. Not even the media are always accurate with this stuff.
- Maybe, R549.
- online blogs are part of the media so i'm sure all of them would be bound by an injunction or super injunction just like the papers?! if not, newspapers that couldn't print something because of injunction would just set up a blog and spill the goss that way.
- Well, if the blog belongs to a newspaper etc... then yes, but I don't know about random blogs that don't have direct ties to other forms of mainstream media.
- why would the blog need to be linked to a paper or anything for that matter? it's the media and all media would be covered by an injunction or there would be no point to one.
- Or maybe the injunction wasn't taken out until after the first article was written; there is no direct innuendo in the one three days ago.
My friend's friend mentioned that there was one in December (see a couple of pages ago etc etc) but he didn't say how long it had been in place so it could easily be relatively recent; maybe at the time that they decided to go forward with "Haylor". (There is a tweet mentioning it in mid November attached).
- A blog is far less likely to be aware of an injunction and they can't be fined etc... if they did not know it was in place. If the blog belongs to a newspaper etc, they no longer have that excuse.
- A gossip twitter account with 1500 followers has copied and linked to part of that conversation mentioned on here a short time ago.
One person who replied to the tweet by the gossip site has also directly tweeted a person who commented in the conversation. Not sure but tweet maybe to the original tweeter.
- Tweet from a random guy, scroll of his twitter shows he lives by shoreditch though which is a bit relevant
- R558 could you link or give usernames?
- There is some interesting information here on "interim non-disclosure orders" :
By definition they are time-restricted and it seems that for the Internet contempt proceedings are rare, as online publication is apparently not considered as serious or something because it does not have the same permanency and credibility as a newspaper publication and will not be on a database.
Anyway, that is what I understood.
- Are you talking about gossip candy, R558? They and the person who tweeted the original poster are very much into larry, so not really relevant here, I guess.
- Saw an interesting tweet that was very quickly deleted.
"So apparently [h] is gay and going out with [g] and [ts] was a beard for him."
Overall not any different than the usual. No idea what that person does, however I looked at their followers and there are many PR folks. One follower works for R1 and is followed by IC/LMC.
Thought it was interesting.
- It is, thanks, R563 :).
- I should clarify that IC/LMC don't follow the person who tweeted, rather they follow one of their followers.
Sorry if that's complicated!
- R560 R562 Not sure if this is the convo you are looking for:
or this one:
not sure how to do links sorry
Gossip Candy pretty much exclusively blogs about harry/louis being in a relationship/1D in general. Those tweets were noticed by "larry shippers" on tumblr so she made a post to say it meant nothing.
- R563 thanks for sharing, weird they would bother posting the tweet at all only to delete it quickly? Could you link to the twitter in question?
- R567 Yeah. I barely even looked at the tweet because same old stuff really. But after it was deleted I was curious to who this person was. If it was just random talk there'd be no need to delete I think. But considering who some of the followers are connected too...
I wasn't originally going to post the name but it's @maratanga.
- Regarding the super injunction, I think it is far more likely, if Nick and Harry DO have a relationship, that there is a sort of "gentleman's agreement" among the British press not to bring it up. As well, outing celebrities has become almost out of fashion, or a faux pas almost? Certainly frowned upon. I don't think press abroad have any qualms about speculating on H/N (as seen on some American blogs), but they also know Nick isn't of much interest to the public there so big gossip sites/magazines don't report on it.
- R561 Found this passage especially interesting and relevant to chat on Unreality TV:
"emphasised that publishing private information in a national newspaper is highly intrusive and gives credibility and permanency (as it would then be available on press databases) to a story. This status is not attained by publication on the internet."
- Yup, that was what I was trying to summarize, R570.
- Please F&F the brit fan troll thread.
- A girl is claiming that Harry sent a Bentley to pick up her brothers friend after meeting him at a party!! Seems to me a strange choice of lie as she doesn't seem to think the Bentley thing is weird
- Curious, R573.
- Good choice, Harry. That guys is hot. I think N and H play around but are each other's main hang.
- Is this real and have I read it correctly?
- Ummmmm, wow:
"The Hot Right Now singer was actually offering the Radio 1 DJ comfort too as he spent the most romantic day of the year without his lover Harry Styles."
- I just read it too, R576!!!!!!
- Holy shit!
- I think that sentence is so blunt that it'll be interpreted as a joke... but wow nonetheless
- I screenedcapped it b/c I doubt it will be staying up for long.
- R578 I read it and I was like OMG!!
- Article will get taken down and Harry will be seen with girl draped over him by tomorrow. Harry referred to as Nick's lover twice. Interesting.
- The weird thing is that the article doesn't have a jokey tone, so it doesn't really make sense, r581. And Harry is referred to as his "lover" not just once, but 3 times.
- Haha, I did the same, R582!
- I bet you L Girl published this article. Well done, sweetie.
- I'm in shock...good shock.
- R587, Haha!
Seriously though, this is all very odd? Perhaps someones trying to prove there is no injunction?!
- I don't think he sent the Bentley for some kind of pick up? She's saying on the account that this George is just a mutual friend (with her brother) and he's the reason Harry was at the party. There's several photos of the two of them together. Not sure why or when he sent the car, but I don't think this is a hook-up; she certainly doesn't seem to be implying it is or think it is?
- Thanks for explaining, R590. That makes more sense.
Not that I can actually care about this right now, hahahaha.
- I am so confused by that article. Metro isn't the sort to be sarcastic or jokey like that...but they used the very clearly sarcastic quote from Nick about crying. Are they stupid, trolling or trying to make a joke? I can't believe that they would add that in so casually as a genuine fact.
- This is the same reporter who wrote that Harry was sending a 'thinly veiled' Valentine's message to Taylor Swift a few days ago by choosing 'Love Story' on spotify so I wouldn't read too much into it!
- It's not really about reading too much into it, R593...it's about the media actually going there. It's surprising. We'll see if anyone takes it from there or if it will get removed or just ignored.
- It is entirely possible that so much info is out there now and PR team are putting a small reference out to test the water for reaction.
Wonder if it's a total coincidence that Metro was the paper involved back in November 11 when there was a rumour H referred to finding a guy. I could never find the article though and website thy carried story is no longer active.?
Probably a total coincidence...
Also great place to test - Meteo doesn't get printed or e-versioned till Sunday afternoon and most won't see it.
Could also be a rogue journo or the press hacked off with being messed around or the time lapse of any injunction.
But it's there and its not ambiguous in its language.
- I agree, the Metro isn't known for it's jokey tone. The way they refereed to H as N's lover more than once And the way they totally passed N's joking about crying every day H is on tour. I can see H being sent out with a girl hanging over him tomorrow.
- I think they're just mocking the rumours given they're also referring to James A as Ora's lover?
It's been up for hours so presumably neither H nor N's camp have a problem with it.
- Yeah, JJ, all possible scenarios...I'm so curious how this will unfold.
- It's been up for 45 minutes, it's not showing up in a google news search yet, Metro hasn't tweeted about it yet, and it's not being talked about much on Twitter. Curious if it's just going to be ignored or if shit is gonna hit the fan when more people see.
- New thread here: