- I posted this in the Maurice is bi(polar) thread, but I guess it bears repeating.
My heart just broke for Kevin and Lucy and poor dead Alison. My favorite thing about Lynn Herring is how she can pivot from being campy Lucy to being sad Lucy on a dime. And her chemistry with Jon Lindstrom...they've still got it.
I always liked Erin Hershey Presley. I wish Alison had gotten to stick around longer, but maybe she'll get a happy ending yet.
The Voice of the Night
- I think the son Rafe is supposed to stick around. I didn't watch PC much at all, so I'm kinda lost.
If Frisco and Felicia have amazing chemistry again, I don't know what the hell I want to happen. How bad would it be if she took the charming deserter back again?
- Everyone is loving Lucy's return. Or it seems that a lot of people have expressed that, anyway.
- [quote]I think the son Rafe is supposed to stick around. I didn't watch PC much at all, so I'm kinda lost.
Alison's true love was Lucy's cousin, the vampire slaying angel Rafe Kovich (don't ask). At a certain point towards the end of the show's run, she got ensorcelled by Caleb into being with him, and she ended up (indeed, the very last scene of the series focused on this) pregnant with Caleb's child. The kid is supposed to be Caleb's son, or in whatever weird logic they've got going on.
A few small details that probably went over the non-PC fans' heads: The metal arrow that Alison had was a magic, vampire killing crossbow bolt that Lucy was supposed to use to stake Caleb at the climax of their first vampire story "Tainted Love." Livvie actually did use it on him at the end of the next story. I'm pretty sure that army surplus jacket that Alison was wearing was is one that Rafe Sr used to wear.
I thought it was kind of sad that Amanda Barrington has apparently passed on, especially since Ann Jeffreys is still alive, but I'm sure that she and Lila are having high tea somewhere in the hereafter.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote[ I didn't watch PC much at all.
Not many did.
I personally wish Claire Labine's show (the other show that ABC was considering for that slot at that time) would have been chosen.
I am at least glad GH is revisiting Lucy and Kevin.
- R5 What show was that?
Voice, it all sounds incredibly convoluted,then again what soap opera doesn't? I suggested that they go all the way with this since they've gone into Vampire territory but they have no choice. RC broke convention with actors playing altogether different characters and people not confusing them for their previous character. In my opinion, he's opened up a can of worms.The whole arrow thingy itself is confusing without any explanation. It would be intriguing if this is all explained away with mass hysteria rather than actual vampires walking around PC.
- Kissing you is not what I had planned
And now I'm not so sure just where I stand
I wasn't looking for true love
But now you're looking at me
You're the only one I can think of
You're the only one I see
All I need
Is just a little more time
To be sure of what I feel
Is it all in my mind
Cause it seems so hard to believe
That you're all I need
Yes it's true we've all been hurt before
But it doesn't seem to matter anymore
It may be a chance we're taking
But it always comes to this
If this isn't love we're makin'
Then I don't know what it is
All I need
Is just a little more time
To be sure of what I feel
Is it all in my mind
Cause it seems so hard to believe
No stars are out tonight
But we're shining our own light
And it's never felt so right
Cause girl the way I'm feeling
It's easy to believe
That you're all I need
You're all I need
- r6 In 1996, when it became clear that The City (which was morphed out of Loving) was not going to be successful, ABC started thinking about replacement soaps.
Clair Labine, just off her 2.5 year run as GH headwriter, wrote a bible for a show called Heart and Soul. Show would have transferred Ned and Lois from Port Charles to Brooklyn. Wally Kurth and Reena Sofer (Ned and Lois) would have starred. Show would have been filmed in NYC. Since Jane Elliot was based on the East Coast at that time and had started playing Tracy Quatermaine on The City, she was rumored to have been a part of the new show as well
At same time GH executive producer Wendy Riche developed the bible for Port Charles. Her big selling point was that it could be a companion soap to GH and cross over characters easily since both shows were shot in LA.
ABC opted to go with Port Charles rather than Heart and Soul. The City was canceled and Port Charles debuted in June 1997.
- [quote]No stars are out tonight But we're shining our own light And it's never felt so right Cause girl the way I'm feeling It's easy to believe That you're all I need Ahhhh You're all I need Oooooh
Every now and then this part pops into my head and I remember that I liked this song and thought he sang it well.
- I thought soap thread were banned
- Britt gives great "Oh Shit!" face.
The Voice of the Night
- I preferred Jack Wagner's other big hit titled ... Um... Errr...
- [quote]I've been hearing this song a lot more lately....
Where the fuck are you that you've been hearing that POS "a lot more lately"?
- Jack Wagner sucks. Frisco didn't even write that song for Felicia, I think it was for his first love, the one with the greasy hair, I can't remember her name but I think she was B.J.'s mother. Anyway, if anyone here is familiar with soap opera central's soap site where all the fraus post, it makes for funny reading. Half of them are all pissed off that RC brought the PC vibe into GH and they hate him and want him gone for ignoring GH and focusing on PC characters. The funny thing is, most of the PC characters involved ere GH characters to begin with. I have to agree the show is pretty convoluted right now; there must be a million stories going on and it is very confusing. RC got into a twitter fight with some of the fans. I think he loves pissing people off. Very much the diva! FV seems like a nicer guy.
- RC is an asshole. Always ruining the histories of characters on shows he writes.
- [quote] RC is an asshole. Always ruining the histories of characters on shows he writes.
Ah yes, the I hate Ron troll. Surprised it took you 15 responses to say something.
- R16 I hate to break this to you BUT there are more than one RC hater out there!It's nice that he's bringing back all these storylines but what camp.The vampire redux is extremely confusing and silly.What next Marlena the Exorcism on Days again? Passions ends up on the internet like AMC and OLTL?
RC needs to make Spinelli a nelly queen. Only so that the DOOL fans can stop talking about how gay Freddie Smith is so fat.
- You are getting ladies mixed up, r14: Frisco's first love was Tania (Hilary Edson), who went on to marry his brother Tony. Tony later married Bobbi Spencer (Jackie Zeman), who was B.J.'s mother.
Lucy and Kevin's scenes on Thursday were wonderful. Herring has been so campy and over-the-top that it was a pleasant surprise to actually see her tone it down and really act. It was like she and Lindstrom haven't been gone all these years.
I'm taking this vampire stuff in stride. I am curious as to where they are going with it. I am hearing that Easton will be double-dutying as Caleb (John and Caleb may be facing off against each other) in a couple of weeks to explain everything that has been going on. The question is: is Caleb really a vampire?
- [quote] the show that gave him his start?
It was actually the x-rated show 'A New Day in Eden' is where he got his start
- [quote]You are getting ladies mixed up, [R14]: Frisco's first love was Tania (Hilary Edson), who went on to marry his brother Tony. Tony later married Bobbi Spencer (Jackie Zeman), who was B.J.'s mother.
Tania was BJ's biological mother. Bobbi, due to abortions she'd had when Luke was pimping her out, was barren.
The Voice of the Night
- The song written for me was " Lady of my Heart"
He sang it to me on our wedding day
- A lot of oldies radio outlets rotate their playlists to the time of the year when the song was originally a hit. All I Need was a winter hit from 1984/5.
- R14 here - no I was right about the ladies, I just couldn't remember her name. Tania - yes that was it - she died but she gave birth to B.J., Bobbie adopted her when she married Tony.
- Ugh, yes, Tania.
Hilary Edson, who was awful on GH and then went on to be awful on Another World and then awful on Guiding Light.
- "I've been hearing this song a lot more lately"
We can't pick up the radio station in your head
- Easton says he's off the show as of next Friday.
- Jack Wagner got a Grammy nomination that year.
- All I Need was kept out of the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 by Like a Virgin by a singer you may have heard of called Madonna or something.
- What R2 said. I have a feeling Rafe will be the new romantic interest for 'up and coming author' Molly.
- That really sucks that Easton is out. I'm not a huge fan of his character John McBain (okay I hate that character) but I LOVED him on Port Charles and was really looking forward to him reprising the Caleb character for the vampire arc they just started.
I loved his chemistry with Kelly Monaco when they were Caleb and Livvie.
- Is his departure temporary or permanent?
The Voice of the Night
- They can easily bring Easton back as some version on Caleb. The other 2 are going to be more difficult.
They all have contracts with ABC, not PP.
- What VOTN asked. Is Easton going to OLTL webcast?
- OP, thanks for starting this. I posted a thread about David Gregory but it didn't work out the way I wanted. Didn't draw any attention. Thanks for coming on board with this.
- I think Easton, Roger H and Bovina are at least temporarily going to OLTL Webcast, and then will at some point return to GH - I would assume by May sweeps.
- Hilary Edson was so pretty she was a poor man's version of Natalie Wood.Didn't she win a Daytime Emmy for GL?
R31 Supposedly McBain and Todd will be back at some point. I had heard that they wanted Easton to double on both shows. Starr Manning is the one likely to be gone for good.
I don't hate the OLTL characters but I'd rather see old GH characters return in their place. In addition, I hate the vampire storyline. With Easton leaving for the time being it could be the proverbial nail in the coffin for this storyline....
- [quote] Starr Manning is the one likely to be gone for good.
((((((dances a jig of utter joy))))))))))
- [quote]Voice, it all sounds incredibly convoluted,then again what soap opera doesn't?
It's probably worth pointing out that as originally conceived, Port Charles had more in common with Grey's Anatomy or the second, excellent season of Night Shift than with Dark Shadows or Passions.
The shift into sci-fi and fantasy started when they entered into a phase of "throw shit at the wall, see what sticks" in order to save the show. No matter how the drubbing is now, it managed to work about two years, so it wasn't all terrible. I know Kelly Monaco has been a slug on GH, but she was really, really appealing when she first showed up as Livvie. I still wish Filipina actress Joy Bisco who played gutterpunk spitfire Casey had transitioned to other ABC soaps like some of the other PC actors.
The Voice of the Night
- Here's Michael Eastons message
I heard a rumor of some lovely people who were going to stop by the studio for a certain riff raff's birthday. Some others who wanted to deliver a cake. Even more wonderful folks who wanted to send cards and treats and I want you to know I am incredibly humbled by these gestures but unfortunately I will not be around to enjoy them. I've been informed, that due to some ongoing legal this and that, I cannot be at "General Hospital" after February 8th and since I know many of you go to great trouble to do something special, I just don't want to see anybody's efforts go to waste (especially the lovely person who always sneaks in the fine Irish Whiskey). If it's not too bold, may I suggest a donation to The American Cancer Society instead. Then some good will have come out of this...
- When he says he can't be at GH beyond Feb. 8, does he mean taping episodes or on air?
If he has to be off the show by Feb. 8, they must have had to scramble to rewrite everything.
But if he can't tape beyond Feb. 8 (airdate 3-4 weeks later), that at least gives them time to wind the character down.
- They can have Starr and I would even be okay with losing Todd, but they need to find a way to keep McBain. I never thought I would say that, but he's 100x more interesting on GH than he ever was on OLTL, and I don't want them to lose the fun, spunky Sam who seems to have emerged from her Jason-induced coma.
The Voice of the Night
- The actors have a contract with abc not pp. the characters the actors are portraying are the property of pp. pp can recast the oltl characters.
- That sucks. I liked him so much better on GH.
- [quote] they need to find a way to keep McBain. I never thought I would say that, but he's 100x more interesting on GH than he ever was on OLTL, and I don't want them to lose the fun, spunky Sam who seems to have emerged from her Jason-induced coma.
I agree. Never cared for him on OLTL. Much better in Port Charles.
- EDITOR! Please delete this thread immediately. Thank you.
- So what happens with Roger? I think he's the bigger talent of the 3.
- I don't understand the issue, because PP licensed the characters from ABC, who are still the rightful owners.
It sounded initially like they were going to use the characters to launch OLTL, but based on the Soap Opera Digest post it now sounds like they just don't want GH to use those characters anymore, and if Easton stays at GH he will have to play Caleb, not John. Roger Howarth would need to play another character, as well.
Hey, PP: The best way to alienate the people you'd like to watch your show is to make sure these folks can't be on GH. Way to shoot yourself in the foot, assholes.
- For CHRIST'S sake, PLEASE let GH keep all three of those annoying characters!
All Llanview needs is Viki, Dorian, Tina, Gabrielle, and the Ford Brothers (preferably in flip-flops) and the reboot is good to go!
- R4 aka Voice, I think it was an aunt down in Florida who was pimping out Bobbie -- not Luke. I want to say Ruby, but I think there was an Aunt Pat along the way, too.
Sad about Amanda; she brought an Enid Nelson snootiness to PC affairs.
The show pretty much wrote off Jimmie Lee yesterday, too, with Tracy telling Luke he'd long been dis-inherited.
Why wasn't explained, but I always thought Steve Bond was odd casting to play a Q.
- I thought it was good that they at least named-checked Jimmy Lee.
[quote][R4] aka Voice, I think it was an aunt down in Florida who was pimping out Bobbie -- not Luke. I want to say Ruby, but I think there was an Aunt Pat along the way, too.
I could have sworn Luke was involved with it as well, but you might be right.
The Voice of the Night
- I, too, was glad they mentioned Jimmy Lee Holt.
They probably got complaints about not mentioning Jimmy Lee during Edward's funeral. So, they inserted that line to take care of it.
Sad to hear Amanda Barrington has passed away. Always liked her character.
- Why don't they bring back Jackie Z? Please don't bring up the bad plastic surgery. Leslie Charleson also has bad plastic surgery and she's on GH.
- With Jackie, it's probably a question of money. Depending on how long they don't have to pay Roger Howarth, Michael Easton, and Kristen Alderson, they might free up some additional capital.
Rafe Jr was in the credits as "Rafe Kovitch," so I guess that answers that question. I know I probably shouldn't find this story so engaging, but I do. I know it's partly because of my fondness for PC, but I think a bigger part of it is WHY I was fond of PC: The actors all commit to it and don't keep winking at the camera.
The Voice of the Night
- Last time I saw Jackie Z on GH her face was way worse that Leslie's. It was very hard to watch her.
I hate to say it but I don't think AMC and OLTL will make it. It's a shame GH would have to sacrifice Todd and John for it. They are fitting in quite nicely right now. What's even more surprising that I like McBain on this show is that I'm even likng Sam these days.
- I want Tristan Rogers back as Robert. I like him more than any other vet.
- Here's the most recent picture of Jackie I could find. She looks more like Octomom's mother than herself.
Felix needs to work his hair magic on Liz.
The Voice of the Night
- PP paid good money for the show characters. They have ABC by the balls, don't they?
- So now there's this....
- What a fucking mess. PP is looking very bad in this.
- Carly Schroeder is returning to GH as Scott and Lucy's daughter Serena.
Perhaps Sonny can get her hooked on drugs and stripping in a dive like he did Scott's other daughter.
- Isn't JZ selling that sex gel that gives extra thrills to women?
- With Todd, John and Starr gone, they at least have Laura, Scotty and Frisco back on canvas to ease the shake-up, not to mention airtime to give these vets the airtime they deserve.
That said, I wouldn't mind Todd and Starr never coming back, but John has become too established in an important new couple storyline. Todd's big romance with Carly fizzled before it even started - she's got AJ to turn her crank now.
- [quote]Carly Schroeder is returning to GH as Scott and Lucy's daughter Serena.
Good. I'm glad they hired her back. She's not unlike Kristen Alderson, except that she grew up to be rather pretty.
I guess Serena and Starr 2.0 can fight over Michael.
The Voice of the Night
- This smells fishy. Even though ABC licensed the characters to Prospect Park, the characters still belong to ABC. I'm not up on my copyright and trademark law, so help me out here.
- Sure. Although I *always* heard this song on the company's chosen radio station when I had to work a night shift job just a couple years ago. Same with "Somebody's Baby" by Jackson Browne.
As a twenty-something, I feel very privileged to possess this knowledge.
- Robert Scorpio is my all time favorite character. He never took himself too seriously.
- I don't watch GH, but you people must be crazy to be fighting over keeping JOHN FUCKING MCBAIN! There's no way that character, or his horrible portrayer, could have changed enough to be anything but shit!!
- R66, I LOVED when Robert was on recently, solving the Faison/fake Duke plot. I would take him ANY DAY over Luke.
- r67, I was where you are with McBain - couldn't stand the sight of him on OLTL - but he fits much better with the GH set and with Monaco. One of the most pleasant surprises of the FV/RC reign for me is how much I actually grew to like Easton/John and Monaco/Sam. It's a shame to have to break this up right now, especially since the success of the John/Sam pairing was such a fuck-you to Steve Burton and Bob Guza.
- r15 - did you like the way Bob Guza respected GH history with the Rick Webber murder story? Or making Holly Scorpio a bioterrorist? Or making Jerry Jax a psycho? Or Noah Drake an alcoholic wife killer? Or... oh, forget it.
- R70, we have a Ron Carlivati troll here who always badmouths Ron's work and praises Guza to the high heavens.
Perhaps it's Bob himself?
- All-man Bob Guza on a gay board? Never ....
Guza's had more work done than Jackie Z.
- Giza is such a nelly--I was shocked when I read that he was married and fancied that he was writing a "Sopranos"-equivalent in the daytime. Not so much, Gooz.
- R58 Easton will play Caleb,Howarth will play the lost Quartermain spawn,Mikos Cassadine's love child or Casey the Alien's half human's son!Ms Starr will become a fluffer in the service of Sonny! Now all the Starr haters will be happy.
R55 I agree. Bring back Thaao Penghlis as Victor Cassadine and have the two Aussies square off each other. Tiffany should come back too for good measure as well.Maybe without Sean to add a little romance with Robert.It would be a nice surprise for the 50th anniversary.
R57 PP is cutting off their nose to spite their face. Then again RC and FV brought the OLTL characters on GH knowing that PP could start making shows again. A very unsound decision on their part.
For the person you keeps on talking about a RC hater, there are more than one! I like the fact that RC has brought all these characters back BUT it's been pure camp.It's almost like GH has inherited the James Reilly mantle from Days and Passions and plans to wreck the show with this silly vampire storyline.I know they did this on PC BUT it's a potential mess if anything else.
- [quote]Tiffany should come back too for good measure as well. Maybe without Sean to add a little romance with Robert.
Not likely, unless it's as a bad accident victim.
- [quote] This smells fishy
Bovina must be around....
- R77 I hope Sharon is OK now. What a shame.It was almost two years ago.
- Why do you think they aren't bringing Robert Scorpio back? I've tweeted FV and RC and they just ignore me.
- [quote] I don't watch GH, but you people must be crazy to be fighting over keeping JOHN FUCKING MCBAIN! There's no way that character, or his horrible portrayer, could have changed enough to be anything but shit!!
A lot of us didn't like him on OLTL, but he works really well on GH. He's a good friend for Anna, partner for Dante and Robert, and love interest for Sam. He's the character most of us least expected to work, but he's integrated the best. It's like he was always a GH character and just didn't know it.
The Voice of the Night
- Absolutely, VOTN.
- There are no vampires on the show and there are not going to be any. It is not a vampire story, it is a story about Lucy apparently having suffered a mental breakdown and imagined it. I think the "vampire" Caleb will turn out to have been just a sleazball evil guy and this way they will be able to keep ME on the show.
- R80 He knows that Robin is alive.Because of Kim's non involvement with GH ,they really will have to keep Scorpio in a coma for as long as Robin doesn't show up.That's one corner that RC and FV painted themselves in. Scorpio one of the best characters in GH history is in limbo because of a plot quirk( a terrible one I might add) that they created for him to serve the story.
- Here is PP's response tonight. Notice that RH is not included.
Prospect Park statement on ABC and ONE LIFE TO LIVE Characters On GENERAL HOSPITAL
Prospect Park released the following statement regarding its licensing agreement with ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE In 2011, when Prospect Park decided to reboot these shows, they lent characters to GENERAL HOSPITAL until shooting began for the new programs so that the characters could stay alive with the fans and also so that the actors could remain working. Everyone at ABC and on the production staff of "General Hospital" understood that this was a temporary arrangement until production started once again on "One Life to Live." Now the time has come to start production and Prospect Park wants to, once again, cast these characters including Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr). See statement below:
"Prospect Park understands that ‘General Hospital’ has featured Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) among others while we arranged production of the new version of ‘One Life to Live.’ These characters, who we own under our agreement, are obviously essential to our production efforts, and a large reason we licensed the program. We also understand that legions of ‘General Hospital’ fans have grown to love these actors and characters in a short time. So even though we are paying ABC millions of dollars to license the shows, we have been, and continue to be willing to equally share the characters with ‘General Hospital’ and ABC. It's a win-win for the actors, the shows and fans, who love all of the shows and storylines. We hope to work out these agreements with ABC and the actors."
- [quote]These characters, who we own under our agreement
Bullcrap. PP doesn't own those characters any more than Michael Malone does. Disney owns them and allows PP to use them.
The Voice of the Night
- Who are the kids that Kevin keeps talking about?
- Lucy's kids with Scott. Serena, who is biologically Scott and Dominique's daughter that she carried, and Christina, who she and Scott adopted.
After Lucy and Kevin got married, they sort of time-shared the girls with Scott.
I'm curious about how they're going to fudge all the stuff that has to have happened in the "real" Port Charles, even though we're supposed to think that PC was Lucy's delusions. She and Kevin didn't get married until after the vampire stuff started, they've already established that Karen Wexler is dead.
The Voice of the Night
- PP does -through the licensing -own the characters. However the actors have contracts with ABC. There in the problem. Today has been one huge press release battle - probably sponsored by their legal reps. Quite a day.
- I thought Scotty raised Serena not Lucy and Christina happened on PC so I wondered if that really happened. Thanks for the info
- Scott took Serena and went on the run until she was about eight. Once he returned to Port Charles, she was more or less Lucy's daughter. It was also pretty clear that Dominique had intended for Lucy to raise Serena with Scott.
The Voice of the Night
- Nothing makes me more sad than that news on Sharon Wyatt. Lovely woman.
Remember when Tiffany, Heather, and Jackie Templeton all lived together? It was around the time that my slutty niece Susan got popped.
- I am hoping they bring back Carly Schroeder as Serena. If worse comes to worse they can recast Bovina as Christine.
- The Prospect/Hulu venture is seen to be a long term major new profit source for Disney Media, which has a stake in Hulu. Thus they are supporting Prospect's plans versus ABC and GH trying to hold onto the OLTL characters. It's also quietly known that when GH goes off, its new life will be online at Prospect. All very neat.
Everyone in daytime, despite the GH imbroglio, wants the PP venture to work and give the soaps a future. To that end, rumor has it FV may be back in at Prospect Park,, resuming his planned role as head of serialized programming. The new Frons.
- Without FV, GH will become a part of PP sooner than later. Too bad.
- Why isn't RC going to PP? He knows OLTL and I liked his writing on that show. Anyone know about him?
- The networks who have stakes in Hulu do not make major money at all. I can't imagine why FV would want to jump ship unless the pay is better and he misses NYC.
- There are still negotiations going on. Looks like Roger Howarth is out. But for the other two - their contracts with ABC will have to be re-written in order to allow them to crossover to OLTL. That's what the union lawyers have declared. I assume it can still be worked out, but who knows. Also, it is Disney who is handling this whole thing not ABC Daytime.
- Maybe FV knows something
- Don't know if it's true but Ron can't write both, though his ego would make him try.
I like Ron and love his GH but he needs some humility. The OLTL HW team is damn good and deserves a real shot. Ron's belief that he owned OLTL led to some bad stories in thr last couple years. Like a poster in the last big thread said you cant tell him nothing. He still tweets that the rapemance was love and Bobby Ford was not a rapist. He can focus on Port Chuck for awhile.
- There's a very good chance Roger Howarth wasn't mentioned because he's already signed. His family is in New York and he enjoyed working with Susan Bedsow Horgan. If you add in Frank...
- So did Franco ever mention a daughter, or are they just rewriting history? I'm pretty sure I saw that entire shit storyline, and have no recollection of this new Q heir.
- Franco mentioned a daughter to Carly. He was married and the wife left him and took their little girl with her. RC is using history that has already been established.
- R98 And we thought the whole Sony/Days/Y & R/Maria Bell/Eileen Davidson was a big problem.That was solved with a modern day Gordian knot solution. Y & R didn't want to let Days use Eileen's services so Sony fired her!And of course she ended up on Days with great results.
As per the OLTL characters on GH , this gets more confusing by the minute. Just ship them out to Llanview already! That just about solves it all. I had heard that two of them were supposed to be doing double duty BUT if not go on I say. Let RC concentrate on GH characters like Scorpio and others who have not come back yet.
As for getting rid of GH, ABC/Disney is cutting off its nose to spite its face. Sony's Soap City getting off the ground would have made more sense for the industry in the long term as B & B,Y & R and Days are all Sony Soaps.I still get soapnet BUT it was supposed to end by now. You'd think taht Disney would eventually broadcast AMC and OLTL on Soapnet....it looks like they like taking the hard way out of everything.
- Both Ron and Frank would be fools to leave a network gig, with network salaries, for an online venture that will last at the most, a year. I hate sounding like a Debbie Downer, but this thing is doomed to failure. Why do you think Easton, Alderson and Howarth want to stay their asses on GH.
- What do folks know about Frank and Ron on a personal level? I can't find any bios on them online. If you check imdb, Frank came up through the ranks on OLTL as a director, but it looks like Ron has only been with soaps for about 13-15 years. What did he do before that?
- Ron started at OLTL in 1996 just before Michael Malone was fired. But he's watched for decades.
The only source claiming the actors don't want to go back is 800 lb Jamey Giddens, who is ride or die Cartini even though he only started watching OLTL in 2004.
- There are multiple issues with just about any assertion made by silly Giddens. Boulder-of-salt-type issues.
- That fat pig Jamey Giddens clearly wants to bottom for both Ron and Frank, as if Ron and Frank would even go near him. Despite all the fawning over them, have they ever given that site an interview?
Anyway, I do believe him when he says that Alderson, Howard and Easton don't want to return to GH. It would be silly for them to give a good thing like GH to go back to OLTL.
- But Roger has a contract with ABC! He can't just quit. I guess if he had outs maybe he could. But wouldn't that be announced?
- Just read that it looks like Roger's contract with GH was one year - and he is taking a hike and going back to OLTL and PP. I have to hand it to him. Some guy from SON is saying it. Says FV is fit to be tied.
- If that's true, I bet he's doing his best Rumpelstilskin imitation. Can you imagine losing two leading men in one year?
They've already got Carly screwing every man with a pulse. I can't imagine what they'll do with her now.
- Ron Carlivati gave DaytimeConfidential an exclusive interview on their podcast a the week after OLTL ended.
- Easton does double duty as John and Caleb this week, and the whole vampire thing is resolved this Friday. There will be an explanation as to what has been going on with Lucy and who Caleb Morley really is.
- I know nothing but I find it hard to believe RH would want to join a web series with an uncertain future.
It seems unrealistic for an actor to want to leave a network show.
- R114, you meaning the story--tape wise-is resolved this Friday which is Michael Easton's last (for now) tape day on GH. The story will air through mid-March.
- R115, I was surprised as well but that seems to be conventional wisdom.
- Rumors say Howarth is less than thrilled with the writing at GH. He is looking forward to working with the writers who have signed on with PP's OLTL.
He wants to live in NYC, not L.A.
- Somebody said is family likes living back east.
The thing with taping 4 half hour episodes a week - I would imagine that would only mean an actor would work 1 day a week. Leaves him to do whatever he wants.
- Michael Easton had signed on with PP originally. I don't see why he can't just go back there. He's been a OLTL actor a hell of alot longer than he's been a GH one. Besides GH will be going online at some point anyway.
- This is hilarious. Is this written by someone from DL?
- That "blog" reads like a delusional fangurl.
It's also totally wrong. RH is going back, and FV likely let him because it sounds like he's at PP.
- But Howarth always wanted to be west coast based. He would negotiate outs in his contracts with P&G and ABC that he could leave for pilot season every year. It makes no sense that he would leave an LA gig to go back to a web soap in BFE Conneticut.
- Sad Roger will not be staying on GH. ABC really fucked this up. Todd is the type of character the audience forgives no matter what he does. Roger looks so hot this time around. Loved the Britt/Patrick/Sabrina scenes. Say what you will about RC but he can turn a bad story around very quickly. I think FV and RC are miracle workers. This time last year GH was dead in the water, now it is getting tons of press. They need to revive a shirtless Jagger and Zander and I will be happy.
- Isn't RH's side piece still living in LA ?
- Oh tell me more R125. I only knew about the ATWT actress he was fucking. Do you mean her or someone new?
- That blog sounds like someone is pre-menstrual. There is a better chance of GH staying on another year or two than these webseries making much of an impact.
- ITA, R124. Howarth will be missed the most.
- Kristina aged better than Jack.
- "This time, you'll be a traitor. And that can't be good. As women and gay men, this is you essentially leaving us for another woman when we're pregnant. And that's ugly."
I LOVE this blogger's psychotic-ness! Hell hath no fury like a soap fan scorned!!
- That blog is a festival of fuckery.
Scroll down past the linked post and enjoy - especially the post about all his/her pretend boyfriends!
- According to the blogger profile link, it's a female.
- Is Brian Gaskill still interested in playing Victor Jr? If so I think at this point I would take him over no Trevor.
- [quote]Isn't RH's side piece still living in LA ?
Roger's side piece.
One of you more talkative posters should adopt that as a sign off name.
Roger's side piece is still Marie Wilson.
- Aren't they both still married to other people, and havn't both parties emphatically denied any affair?
- I doubt it's something they would admit. Being married means nothing.
- Wasn't Marie Wilson supposed to be fucking Chris Goutman? So she was doing Roger too?
The Voice of the Night
- Marie Wilson is polyamorous. She has committed, sexual relationships with Chris Goutman, Roger Howarth and the man she's legally married to.
I'd heard rumors about Marie and Roger but when the hell did the Chris Goutman thing come into play?
- Roger's son is a teenager but I think he's got a young daughter and she's based back east. He signed a one-year contract for a reason. Dude has always done stuff like this. It usually works out for him in the long run. RC can't write Todd, that much is OBVIOUS. He couldn't write Todd when TSJ was doing it and he got a do-over opportunity with RH in place but he fucked it up...AGAIN. At least Susan wrote Todd during his heyday. RH gets paid (there is something about pay can't be less than what the actors already make as minimums in soaps), he gets to see his kid, he's working less days a week and he probably negotiated some perks with PP (they have connections with some USA series and other tv things).
Todd is the only one that's necessary for OLTL and wasted on GH thus that works out well for fans of both GH and OLTL. McBain seems to work well on GH, which is a surprise. He sucked big time in OLTL but got leading man b/c RH left the show and they needed a new leading man so they had him in the wings. Hope PP/GH work out a way to share McBain worse case scenario.
KA is just terrible at GH. She might have done better under a different writer than RC so it's possible that her character can be revamped. She's not completely necessary but it would be nice to see her work with RH on OLTL one last time.
I'm excited for RH and Erika S. teaming up in some good scenes. They haven't had really good ones since 2002/3.
- Re: Marie and Goutman. Rumor had it that she banged him for more story on the show. That's why her character got tons of story even though she's not a particularly good actress. Goutman dictated story while drunk Jean Pissante penned what he wanted.
- Marie Wilson never had an affair with Goutman.
Goutman had a longterm affair with Ellen Wheller. It started when she shadowed him at ATWT.
I never could figure that one out. He has an attractive former soap star wife (Marcia McCabe). She's an alcoholic though. I guess being married to Goutman may lead one to the bottle
- r129, the thing I do appreciate about Jack Wagner is that he hasn't done anything weird to his face (botox, fillers, ratshit-whatever), which look hideous more on a man - though it doesn't do any wonders for women in the age of HD. Years of alcohol abuse aged him a bit, but he seems quite comfortable in his skin. Of course, that could do with his mammoth male ego.
- [quote] Goutman had a longterm affair with Ellen Wheller. It started when she shadowed him at ATWT.
No, that one SURE didn't happen. Ellen is about three steps from being asexual.
- RH and Marie are or were reportedly fucking. It was quite a thing. All over each other at industry events. I never heard the Goutman part.
I had heard about Ellen but that was at least 10 years and a lot of lost mental health ago for her.
Looks like Roger is going back. I wonder if the FV defection is true and that tipped the scales. That would make PP's hope for more GH crossovers easier.
- Anne Jeffrys is still alive and working according to her imdb. It's a shame GH seemingly finished off the Barrington family this week with a throwaway line about Amanda being dead and killing off Allison after two episodes.
There are 2 secret Q heirs. One is Franco's daughter Lauren.
The other is Rafe - because either Alison or her mother Rebecca was the product of an affair Alan Q had with a Barrington years ago.
- Place your bets that Ellie will turn out to be "Lauren".
- I figured one of these newbie girls - Ellie, Britt or Sabrina - was going to be Franco's daughter.
- Could Britt or Sabrina turn out to be Lauren?
- Anne Jeffreys is a fabulously classy and beautiful actress. It would be fun to see her come back.
They brought Alison back to function as some cheap trick? Sad actually. Could they have at least developed her character just a little bit before offing her? Then again it's RC. Bring back an old character and write a shitty story for them, have them hardly appear and then they are gone or dead!
- How old is the actress who plays Britt? She looks far too old to play Lauren, I thought she was going to be Faison's daughter. I'm still holding out for Sabrina to be Anna's kid, hence Emma's attachment to her. Making Ellie Lauren would be too much, so if they go there with it, then I hope they drop the Sabrina familial connection.
- The poster who insists that FV is defecting is wrong, wrong, wrong.
- I really wish that Cartini would find a way to work Dillon and Brooke back into the Q family.
- [quote]Ellen is about three steps from being asexual.
Ellen was once married to Tom Eplin, who is anything but asexual.
- Alison's mother was Elizabeth Barrington (not Rebecca). She was featured in Port Charles and at one point got involved with and later married Stephen Clay (the vampire Caleb's alter ego--a rock star). Stephen dumped her on their honeymoon to seek out Livvie/Tess (Tess was Livvie's alter ego--the good part of the character that was taken out by Caleb--don't ask) whom he wanted back.
- SO I assume Caleb, the nonvampire who's just an evil person, killed Alison?
BTW, does anyone fear that Caleb, as written by RC, will turn into one of his cartoonish villains ala Mitch Lawrence.
- That would be a great boon for OLTL 2.0 if they got Roger but I would hate to see Blair/Todd reunited 109th time. Actually, I think I'd like to see more of him and Florencia. I like their chemistry.
- Is Skye being used on GH right now. If Lucci does not come back she could fill the void of high maintenance women with father issues. Although they basically cut her Chandler ties, and I don't think David Canary is coming back. I liked Erica (when she was written and used correctly) but no Adam (and Brooke for that matter) will also be a huge void to fill.
Zach Slater or David could possibly help if they don't make Zack so tedious and be more than just part of the Kendall - Zach angst and they move David from being a cartoon mad scientist. They need to pretend the mass back from the near dead storyline never happened.
- [quote] Ellen was once married to Tom Eplin, who is anything but asexual.
Yes, she and Tom had a nasty ugly breakup and she had some sort of breakdown, as I understand it.
She'd abandoned some of her family's conservative religious views but readapted them with her new husband and kids.
She was said to be almost asexual by several people who worked on the GL set. Point being, it would be the deepest level of unlikeliness that EW would have had any affair, let alone one with loutish asshole Christopher Goutman.
- Let's not start another legal battle here over Robin Christopher/Skye r160 LOL.
- For what its worth, Chris Goutman is a major poonhound. He makes Paul Rauch look like a celibate monk. He was fucking Ellen and it drove poor Marcia further into the bottle. I think these days Marcia just accepts that Chris needs side pieces and doesn't say much about it.
- If all you fuckers want, I can come back and play Celia.
I still got it going on.
- R152 I suspect you are from that soap central site with all of the bickering, complaining fraus. There is some underlying anomosity towards Ron Carlivati that is totally bizarre and over the top there. What old characters has he brought back, gave a shitty story to and then killed them off? Are you by any chance that poster Black Rose, because you sound just like him/her. Most of the vet returns are still alive from what I see, and a lot are involved in stories, especially A.J. There seems to be an influx of straight females here lately.
- The AMC reboot just seems pathetic. The characters they have are just random members of the community, with perhaps the Hubbards as the only in-tact family base. PP claimed they would have more cast additions announced by now; there hasn't been.
- R166, the AMC reboot seems pathetic right now in terms of casting. But I think that has a lot to do with the dismal state AMC was in when it off the air. Contrast that with OLTL, which was getting very good ratings and was in excellent shape when it went off the air. Frank and Ron are to be commended for that. And I think THAT is key as to how and why OLTL has been able to recruit most of their cast for the reboot.
- I mean why PP has been able to recruit most of the OLTL cast for the reboot.
- AMC was the one soap I watched, but it was in pretty bad shape the last 5 years and in mediocre shape the five years before that. I also think some of the veterans felt a bit burned at how things were handled at the end with the move, and a number of things they were misled about (the decision to cancel was going forward when they were asking people to move, they told Lucci prior to her book tour they had plans for the next and then cancelled as she finished the tour, not to mention some pretty bad story lines).
I have a feeling, that some of the vets have moved on, and are set enough to retire or work on smaller projects. Lucci has a couple of acting projects, her businesses, young grandchildren, and Canary looked tired at the end (although he might have just looked tired due to having a love interest 40 years younger than him), so they might be happy not putting that grind back on their schedules. I am not sure about Michael Knight, but he seemed bored and sleep walking through his role the last five years he played it.
- David Canary actually lives in the town that AMC will be taped.
- The actress who plays Sabrina used to be Jasmine at Disneyland and Disney cruises. Yes -she can sing. And has quite a body underneath those scrubs.
- Too bad Sabrina won't have a chance to sing on the show or show off her hot bod in a designer dress.
- You know what I would do with the AMC reboot.
I would restart the show from the beginning. I would take the first year of Agnes's scripts and just recast the roles and retell the stories from the beginning, updating where appropriate.
- OMG Who could play Phoebe?
- Actually the first year of AMC could translate very well to present day. Phoebe could be a republican snob, pro gun, pro war, etc. Linc's wife could be a liberal who clashes with her at every turn. Mona could be divorced woman who just lost her job with a hell cat daughter who wants to marry the rich boy.
It is really all there, if someone wants to do it.
- R165 Soap Central? I don't post there or at any soap sites for that matter. Secondly, I'm male. It doesn't take a frau to see that RC is writing some shitty stories. The soap has descended into camp and not the "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane/Valley of The Dolls it's so and it's good kind of camp" either. Hopefully with Laura,Scotty and Frisco and the OLTL contingent leaving the tenor of the show might change for the better.
- GH is heads and shoulders above where it used to be. Would anyone really want Guza back? Yes, GH is better with FV/RC but it's not OLTL. That was my show. I still miss it.
- There are Guza fans out there believe it or not.RC/FV saved the show for the time being but this period isn't on some all time high point.One thing that Ron and Frank have done is to bring back these classic characters and that in and of itself has created a buzz.They haven't worked magic with the classic characters yet BUT that remains to be seen. Once again, Alison comes back just to serve as a cheap plot point to a silly storyline? Faison was underused as well.
I have always liked OLTL and they did a better job on that soap. It wasn't my favorite period of OLTL but it was decent enough.
- RC does events and plots. He doesn't write character driven story. He fits the character into whatever he wants them to do whether it matches the character or not. He ruined a bunch of OLTL characters (Brody, Marty, Todd, Messica Jessica, etc) and he's on his way to making characters with possibilities such as Ellie into some lunatic over 'Damien' and Todd into a boring Carly pantylicker.
I do find some of his stories funny and camp but the problem is that it isn't sustained or he doesn't know when to change course (e.g. Kannie, Sabrina/Britt inanity, and so forth) and get it back to the true nature of the character.
He is so much better than Guza. At least GH is tolerable. Some stories suck big time and he should not have killed off the pretty Allison and he has three current stories which need to change course pronto b/c they are completely STUPID and FF material (Kannie, Sabrina/Britt, Maxie/Ellie/Spin) but it's better than the shit from Frons/Guza.
- I disliked Guza's mob-centric GH, but to give credit where credit is due, I have to admit Guza put together a seriously talented writing team. There was more overall story depth than there is now and the dialog was better, all because of the writing team. Guza's pacing was also better than RC's scattershot approach.
- R175, I agree with you. Phoebe was a great character for class conflict.
Class and class differences have been more hidden (or concealed) in America in the last few decades and that's what a lot of the best stories, and best soap stories, were about.
- If Guza's writing team was talented, I could not tell from 2001 going forward.
- Guza told a very male centric story. It was almost good enough for cable. Dark, haunted characters who made bad choices. Ron likes plot and camp and light. Neither style is bad, they're just different. Guza is Breaking Bad, Ron is Dynasty.
- ITA with the comment regarding RC's shitty scattershot pacing and repetitive dialogue. I really wish he got help on those fronts too.
- I would take the Cartini GH over the Guza/Phelps era any day of the week! It's not perfect but they are trying to honor GH as a whole not just the murderers
Guza wishes he was Breaking Bad.
He was horrible.
- [quote] It was almost good enough for cable
Cable access in the outer reaches of Pocatello, Idaho....maybe.
- LOL, it is easier to pace stories better when there is only one story at a time going on. Most of the cast sat on the backburner during Guza's reign while Carly, Sonny and Jason were on practically everyday and doing and saying the same thing over and over ad nauseum. Guza also killed off most of the legacy Quartermaine family in an effort to turn GH into the Sopranos. As for no depth, yes RC needs to layer a lot of his stories better but it is wonderful to see the whole cast utilized and onscreen. He is entertaining and that is the bottom line.
- Breaking Bad????? OMG what a laugh. And what cable station would that be on? Before Bob Guza's ego got out of control, he wrote some decent soap type stories as a staff writer. He was a dreadful headwriter who did not know how to tell a story. That ripoff of Claire Labine's heart transplant story, was a total joke and an insult. I think he and RC have one thing in common, they have great ideas on paper but the execution of the story falls short or sputters down. Still RC makes GH way more watchable.
- Y'all are basing the whole of Guza on the last year. He was burned out towards the end, but he gave some excellent soap before that and he has the Emmys to prove it. I wasn't a fan of the the Jake death storyline, but Tony Geary did amazing work. That intervention was some of the best storytelling ever done.
- Sherilyn, you and your pig-face need to stay gone and let the only glamorous, stunning sexpot of a Quartermaine give GH some voltage! It's waaaay past time I was thawed out!
- Guza could not write anything with a heart. Horrible romances, no family relationships, lots of violence, and no pay offs. He was a passive/aggressive writer and he drove his audience away.
- Loved the Britt/Patrick/Sabrina confrontation on Friday.. can we please get the Sabrina makeover soon? Are they holding out for the Nurse's Ball? I've seen headshots of the actress Theresa Castillo and she's quite attractive...
- R193 Britt is pretty hot,honey. I'm as gay as they come and I would hit that. I will admit that Sabrina is cute in a geeky way though. Sabrina and Felix make a fabulous fag and her hag type of couple.Felix is so adorable and fine. He has a flair and charisma that is on point.Any minute now Freddie Smith haters will come out of the woodwork and claim that Felix is even fatter than Freddie!
Is it me or does Patrick really look like Rick Springfield?He might not be the best actor but they hit the nail on the head looks wise with that casting.Guza cast him right?
Emma is so cute in her hatred of Britt. Britt's hot BUT she's a bitch.I hope that Emma's dreams come true.
- R194 Writers don't cast, though they might have input. It was casting director Mark Teschner and then the producer Jill Farren Phelps who cast Jason Thompson.
And he's a damn good actor, likely to be nominated this year for his performance during Robin's "death."
- R194, this is what Sabrina looks like without the glasses. She's pretty hot, too. Gorgeous hair!
- Once Brian Frons named himself Creative Director of GH, the show went on a steep downhill slide from which it has yet to recover.
Linking to article about Bob Guza's wife, Meg Bennett.
- R190 I didn't even watch Guza's last two years of the show. What he wrote in the years leading up to his last year is what caused me to turn the TV off. He destroyed the Qs and don't get me started on his destruction of the Luke/Laura stuff.
- R196 TC is certainly dolled up(as my dad used to say) in those pictures. You can tell from her playing Sabrina that she is cute.Not as hot as Britty that mean hussy but she has something just the same.
Someone on one of the Coe Coe threads mentioned that the girls on GH are better looking than the guys on the show.Which is a pretty weird distinction. You think that for hetty hausfraus and the male gay contingent they would offer up better choices with the male cast members.
R198 There's room for a dark story on GH just not all the time. It's gone to another extreme with all the camp. It's starting to remind me of James Reilly's DOOL a little bit. I'm waiting for Eileen Davidson to show up and twirl her proverbial mustache at some point.
- R194-- R193 here. I agree the actress playing Britt is hot. Have you checked out some of her modeling photos? Her character Britt is just enough of a bitch that I like her.
- He destroyed the Qs because Frons wanted the Qs destroyed. As for Luke and Laura, Guza was the first writer to tell the truth about that couple since Doug Marland, who quit the show rather than be forced to tell a story about a damaged girl falling in love with her rapist. And don't take this as a defense of Guza, but the fairy tale of Luke and Laura is built on nastiness and darkness. And that is the point that Tony Geary has been trying to make for years, Luke is no hero. Luke and Laura is not some great love story.
- I couldn't watch Luke and Laura after he raped her, especially after Gloria Monty claimed it was a grand seduction.
People talk about the mob era on GH, but I was so turned off by the Avengers-lite 80s I stopped watching GH back then. I loved The Avengers but I couldn't stand all those vapid hair models GH brought on to mimic them.
- Agree R201
- R202 Who was Emma Peel? Laura? Steed was Scorpio and Luke?! I loved The Avengers but it all reminded me of soap opera doing Bond. Luke the Rapist saves the world.....as silly as it sounds I bought it at the time and still loved Monty's original run. She was wrong about the rape....it was rape-rape(hats off to Whoopi). Then again Todd Manning was redeemed in that shitty storyline where the kids vouched for him!As crazy as the WSB was on GH and the DOOL Exorcist storyline,that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen on soaps.Those litte semen stains were so annoying, i just wish they would go away.
R201 I rooted for Scotty when he showed up at Luke and Laura's wedding.It was a great shock that he was back but I wanted Luke to get beaten down.
- [quote]Who was Emma Peel?
The Voice of the Night
- R204, I agree The Avengers was a bit soapish, but Bond was incapable of having a relationship like Peel and Steed. Emma was a force to be reckoned with. The Avengers was a lot more fun than Bond, partly because the show never took itself seriously.
- R201 - You are wrong. Whether or not it should not have been a great love story is beside the point. What is written on a show is canon and therefore writing scripts which contradicts what an audience saw on screen is rewriting and trashing the show's history. I am not even a Luke fan - I think Tony Geary stayed in the part because he was smart enough to know his own limitations as an actor and Luke was kind of a cartoonish hero much like Jason. The 80s at least had the good guys vs bad guys even though it featured some of the dumbest stories - Casey the Alien and the Ice Princess. The best era of the modern age was the 90s when Clair Labine wrote the show - but even she wrote Luke and Laura as a couple in love but with disagreements.
- Yes, what is written on the show is canon, even when that writing course corrects blunders by previous writers. Guza pulled the curtain back on the truth about Luke and Laura and called it what it was. That is why in the end Luke and Tracey was such a great pairing. Tracey wasn't Luke sick obsession and Tracey didn't need a hero to save her.
- [quote] Guza pulled the curtain back on the truth about Luke and Laura and called it what it was.
That it was a seduction on the disco dance floor.
- Luke himself said it was rape, right after he did it. I watched that scene recently on YT and he's very clear and obviously feeling miserable and guilty about it, no equivocation on his part in the scene.
The grand seduction crap only happened because viewers liked Luke and Monty decided to capitalize on his popularity.
The rape being flipped and turned into a seduction was the rewrite.
- You are correct, r210. When that scene was filmed, there was no question it was a rape. I remember watching it as a kid and seeing Laura running through the park, clutching her ripped clothes and sobbing.
- I don't think anyone wants Luke and Laura to be a "grand love story." And both Claire Labine and early era Guza mined the complexities of L&L to great effect. But let's not give Guza all the credit for "pulling back the curtain." Much of that was a push by associate writer Michele Val Jean, who in fact was HW of GH for a time and who Geary explicitly trusted with writing many of those scenes.
The issue many of us have with Guza is that he wrote for Luke and decimated Laura in the process. That may have been due, in part, to other factors - Tony was perceived by ABC as more valuable to the show and Genie was slowly pushed out, and there were also issues between Tony and Genie. But nonetheless, the character of Laura got the short end of the stick.
Guiding Light managed to tell a similar story in a very wise way between Roger and Holly. The setup was slightly different (Roger and Holly were married when he raped her) but GL played the two characters together masterfully, always showing two sides of the coin for both and Holly's aversion/attraction. THAT is how you tell a complex, fully human story about human imperfections.
I can appreciate that people liked Guza's grittiness. But the show was tremendously off balance during his later years. It was perpetually dark and ugly, and focused on only a handful of characters. No writer is perfect and I agree that Ron Carlivati reaches for the "crazy bitch" button too often when he writes his shows. But GH as a whole is far more balanced and we see far more characters acting like we've long expected them to, and not just Jason/Carly/Sonny and whoever's romantically involved with those three.
- [quote] That is why in the end Luke and Tracey was such a great pairing. Tracey wasn't Luke sick obsession and Tracey didn't need a hero to save her.
Luke and Tracy was really Guza's best story - at least, in terms of respecting GH and character history while forging a new story and new life for those characters.
- [quote] I don't think anyone wants Luke and Laura to be a "grand love story."
I should say, no one wants that now. That's what they were sold as during the Monty era, yes.
Most GH fans want something more realistic now.
- Here's the Luke and Laura rape. I've seen a YT recently where Luke talks to Boobie right after and he tells her he raped Laura. I'll look for that one too.
- Genie may have gotten screwed, but she is far from blameless. It was her outdated thinking and demands that created the initial problems. And the fact that she had let herself go didn't help matters. Thank god she didn't go the JZ or LC route though.
- Here are the scenes of Laura when she's found in the park after the rape.
- "I'll never be clean again."
Here's Laura at GH after the rape:
- Pat Falken Smith and Gloria Monty later had Luke and Laura clarify what happened saying the incident was a 'Seduction'
- In those YTs, Laura sure looks like she's been seduced. That was a stupid rewrite.
I'm still looking for the one where Luke tells Boobie he raped Laura before the rewrite.
- Luke definitely raped her but the "seduction" thing did not come about because people liked Luke. He was scheduled to be killed off early after that but the actor playing Roy got a primetime role and he was killed in his place. Tony G and Genie F had fabulous chemistry together so that is where that idea came from. They would never get away with that today. However, saying Luke and Tracey were a good couple is also for the birds - Luke used her like an ATM machine, constantly cheated on her and took off with no explanation whenever he wanted to. Guza made the once formidable Tracy into a pathetic, lovesick doormat. She may not have needed a hero to rescue her but she enabled Luke's drinking and was afraid to challenge him too much on what a crappy husband he was because she was afraid he would leave her, which he eventually did. Luke liked Tracy because he could continue to be the irresponsible piece of crap he always was. Tracy was not his sick obsession, she was his enabler. They were never believable as a couple and I am not sure why anyone would want a rapist with any woman but whatever. Tracy is much better since RC took over, gave her a backbone and story of her own without being all needy. Everytime Geary took off on one of his extended vacations, Tracy was not seen for months.
- Voice I like that choice(Anna) except that Anna came on long after that poster stopped viewing the show.
For the person who knocked the Ice Princess storyline,hey it worked. That propelled the show unto another echelon. It was so bad it was fabulous! John Colicos and Thaao Penghlis were really great at their respective roles.Tiffany came on board and Scorpio got himself a love interest in the process.
Also for the queens who keep on saying how cutting edge teh vamp storyline on Port Charles was...come on guys. There was a soap many years ago that was on called Dark Shadows...you might of heard of it. It was also resurrected as a nighttime soap with soap alumni like Joanna Going and Mike T Weiss.Days demonic possession storyline in the 90s brought a decidedly supernatural element back into daytime as did the Reilly helmed Passions.What is done before in daytime is regurgitated time and time again.
Was Carlivati a Days fan at any point? I know he loved OLTL and GH but GH is taking on a Days/Reilly era camp factor.
- R213 In terms of respecting GH history? How so? Tracy was not on canvas for most of the Luke and Laura story and yet would go into these spiels about how bad their marriage was when she would not even know about it. And also, when I was talking about canon on the show, I meant that for years we saw, no matter how it started, that Luke genuinely loved Laura and was happy when she became pregnant. Sorry, please then don't tell me a writer is respecting history by Luke saying Laura saddled him with kids he did not want and trapped him into marriage, because that ain't what happened. It is fine if they want to have them drifting apart and moving on, and Laura realizing that Luke is pretty much of a punk. I personally thought the great thing Guza did was re-address the rape and have Lucky be disgusted with his father and Laura finally facing her anger over it. But they did not split up then, it was several years later over Stefan Cassadine possibly being Nicholas' father. I wonder what some people think of Luke suddenly being in love with Anna and does Anna even know about the start of Luke and Laura's relationship and the rape. I wonder if they will bring that up.
- [quote] I personally thought the great thing Guza did was re-address the rape and have Lucky be disgusted with his father and Laura finally facing her anger over it.
Credit for that should go to Michele Val Jean, not Guza.
The Voice of the Night
- "Our Patients Are Insane And So Are Our Wages"
The Voice of the Night
- Holy shit Jack Wagner looked fucking HOT
- r192 hit it right on the target. Guza wanted to dismantle everything that was remotely "soap opera" romantic and expose it as a can of worms. In the case of the Webbers, to Guza they were the proverbial 70s family that was a plethora of lies to him, turning the father into a sex addict, the mother into Miss Denial and the daughter into a damaged mentally ill mess. With the 80s charming con artist (Holly) he exposed as a sociopath. Etc, etc. He hated romance. So GH became a nightmare version of soap opera.
But no one paid for their crimes, no one upheld any morals against the immorality. Guza was a pessimist. Not exactly the kind of guy you want writing soap opera.
- Strange when Rick Webber came back to town, no mention of Ginny Webber, Mike Webber or the baby Ginny had with Rick
- R227, Pratt had a hand in a lot of that along with Guza. Pratt had a reputation for hating soap families and apparently it was true. It's weird that writers took job on soaps when they hated what soaps were about. I guess it was for the money, but it's stupid that they were hired and it's equally stupid that they accepted work in a medium they detested.
- When Rick came on the scene he was a playboy doctor who was into fucking. Then he was romancing Leslie while fucking Monica. So it wasn't that much of a stretch for Rick to be a poonhound. And don't get me started about young Laura and her mess. Guza took it way dark, but he was just playing on themes that had already been laid out or hinted at. I hate that it sounds like I'm defending Guza, but soaps have always had an undercurrent of darkness running through the stories of love and romance.
- I disagree R230. Pratt kept Guza reigned in somewhat. After he left things really went to crap.
- I believe Rick did tell Monica that he and Ginny were divorced when he returned to PC - he was romancing Monica in some never-disclosed story of a hospital takeover he was involved in and it was dropped. There were rumours at the time that the character of Zander was supposed to be revealed to be Mike Webber or Rick Webber Jr., but that whole storyline was written and rewritten as it went along that nothing made sense. Originally, the redhaired nurse in the attic was going to turn out to be Bobbi, and Rick was going to be Carly's father ... but at the end of everything,the whole thing amounted to a mess and Rick was killed off and no one was happy with what it all came to.
- As exciting as it was to finally have Rick Weber back in Port Charles in 2002, they sure fucked it up completely.
He and Leslie barely even had any scenes together. She's back from the dead and they couldn't bother to write scenes for her and her husband.
That was one of Guza's first plots upon returning. An omen of all the bad things to come.
- I was a kid during the Luke/Laura disco era and even then I picked up on the fact that what Luke did was criminal. I was too young to get the full implication but I remember wishing that Laura and Scotty would get back together b/c Laura staying with Luke after what he did to her really skeeved me out.
Can't wait to see Laura's return along with being happy that Scotty Baldwin is coming back.
The actress who plays Britt is super gorgeous. Sabrina and Ellie are also very pretty. The guys on the show are mostly dogs. They need to get some real men for Maxie and Ellie since Spin looks bad. Patrick is too old for Sabrina and too dumpy looking for Britt. ME is too thin, RH's looks depend on how good a hair day he's having and BB looks like he has some sweating issue. Now I know that BB is a hot guy but I don't get why they have to make him look unattractive. SK and MB are fine for their age.
Sadly, we don't have hot looking 20 and 30 year old men for this show. The women definitely are much hotter looking than anyone they are paired with (with the exception of Alexis/Shawn). I hope they bring Jax back now that RH and ME are out of GH for the time being.
- I don't understand how that Spinelli cat has a career. He is butt ass ugly. I am surprised that Frank didn't 'Ford' the place up with hot guys all over the place, but now that I think about it, GH was never the hot guy show. Except for a random few, GH has always had average looking guys unlike Days and YR.
- GH had all the good actors with mostly average looks. MB was super hot years ago, Mac is still pretty hot and in great shape. Jack Wagner looked pretty good today compared to how he looked on the Bell soap. Patrick is a cute guy but why would a hot piece like Brit, who could have a million guys, be so hung up on him, especially since he is tied down with a kid and is pretty dull. I could see her going more after a Jax type - good looking and uber rich.I remember when Luke got to be the star of the show, I was pretty puzzled that such a funny looking guy was a sex symbol with the women; Robert Scorpio and that guy who played Joe Kelly were way hotter.
- Thanks for mentioning Mac, R236. I'm hoping you mean John J. York because people overlook him most of the time. I've always had a thing for him.
Britt is supposed to have ulterior motives when it comes to Patrick. She's the daughter of the doctor who's keeping Robin sedated in Switzerland, so she's involved with that mess.
- Has poor Mac ever had a hot romance? He's kinda always like the nice guy who doesn't really have chemistry? I guess Felicia would be the closest?
But I think we are about to see some real chemistry again. Poor KW. She took that charmer back so many times for him only to cheat on her again!
This must feel like art imitating life. Did he cheat on Heather?
- R235 Yeah Spin, the doughy regular dude. Even though there are very few sex symbols on the show he certainly ain't one of them. Look he's a character actor type,it's as simple as that.
R234 Britt is so hot right? She's two fries short of a happy meal though. That's what is so fabulous about her, so gorgeous and nuts! Elizabeth is so pretty BUT she's leaving GH.Sabrina is cute and she belongs with Patrick as geeky as she is.
R236 Mac still looks good but I never liked his fake Aussie accent, he was wise to get rid of it though Tristan sounds just as Aussie as he always has.
R230 The Webber family was ruined in the 80s when mom and dad ended up on Another World. Laura left.Then returned being kidnapped as a Cassadine. Leslie was killed on the show.That set a horrible precedent.Blackie Parrish was sent to prison for accidentally being responsible for Lou's death. What happened to little Mikey? I see he ended up playing Stallone's son in Over The Top....
- Where the heck is poor Blackie? They should've had Lesley mention him when she came back a few years ago.
- Bring back Alan, Victor Cassadine and Blackie for the 50th anniversary. Oh and don't forget Bobbie. Stamos doesn't need the money and he'd be slumming BUT it wouldn't hurt to ask him.Can you imagine if Demi Moore did GH again?What else is she doing...she can do a guest spot.
- New SoapNet promo with Laura, Scott, and Frisco.
The Voice of the Night
- Former One Life addict--I am so in to General Hospital now there is no way I can give it up.. and I never thought I'd say that. I started watching last summer around the time Kate/Connie was in the nut house, Maxi (the replacement) was in jail and Todd was back on the scene. The OLTL characters plus Robin M as Heather Webber are the reasons I stuck around. Took me several months to figure out how all the characters fit, story lines but I am hooked now. I will give my beloved OLTL a chance on the webcast but will probably ditch AMC which was the other show I use to watch. I can't give up on Port Charles now.
And thanks to other people on these threads who have patiently answered my questions about back stories, who's who. Special shout out to VOTN!
- R243 Very cool. RC has created a bit of a mess with the Caleb/McBain conundrum now.It looks like Lucy's quest might be cut short because of ME's return to OLTL.Or does Duke become his doppelganger,Joshua? In the end, it's too convoluted for it's own good. I like OLTL as well BUT I'd much rather see the imported OLTL characters on their own show and not GH.
There is no one in the history of soaps that captures that cunty,evil, queen,hysterical vibe like Robin Mattson does.I would love to see Ricard Dean Anderson pop up and go head to head with Heather.
- From what I heard most of the vampire story has already been taped.
- Personally, I think that McBain fits a lot better on GH and I would be happy if they found a way to keep him. His chemistry with Sam has me interested in Sam for the first time since, well, ever. I also like his friendship with Anna, they have a fantastic rapport, and to a lesser extent he has that with Dante as well.
While I enjoy Todd's occasional comedy relief ("Our Patients Are Insane and So Are Our Wages!" I literally laughed out loud at that!), I think he's undergone a huge personality transplant from the Todd I used to know back when I watched OLTL. I didn't watch OLTL towards the end, so I don't know if part of the metamorphosis began there, or if he started acting this way once he hit PC, but it's too jarring for me. At this point, I could take or leave him.
On the other hand, Starfish can go. Now. Immediately. She adds absolutely nothing to any scene or storyline she's involved in. Horrifying actress. I want nothing more than for her and Sabrina "Everyone loves me!" Santiago to bite it on Pier 52.
- [quote]Personally, I think that McBain fits a lot better on GH and I would be happy if they found a way to keep him. His chemistry with Sam has me interested in Sam for the first time since, well, ever. I also like his friendship with Anna, they have a fantastic rapport, and to a lesser extent he has that with Dante as well.
Me too. I never liked McBain on OLTL.. like him here with Sam.Wish he'd stay in PC.
And yes, the funnier, lighter, screwball Todd began on his last OLTL stint.
- I repped the second CoeCoe thread and now I'm stuck posting by phone for my trouble.
Debbi Morgan and Robin Strasser have tweeted the respective production start dates for AMC and OLTL: February 25th and March 11th.
- John Stamos has been very open about returning to GH for a guest appearence. He's all for it. He'll be there for the 50th anniversary special.
- How are they starting AMC so soon with only a measly trinkling of cast members?
Frisco, Felicia and Mac: it was like they've never left.
- r239 - who says Elizabeth is leaving?
- Has Kirsten Storms ever had a scene with Jack Wagner before?
- For the record:
After the failure of Revolution and the new management taking a hard look at Cartini's turnaround of GH, ABCD decided to ride the wave of media sentiment and go with a modest soap revival. GH is almost certainly safe through to 2014. But more importantly, they became keen to reacquire their rights to AMC and OLTL. The idea was to mount summer miniseries of each during the day. Three guesses who they'd put in charge of those.
Now Prospect Park is back, and their long-term goals for streaming programming take priority at Disney. In the end GH will likely go online too. Everyone in daytime wants this to work. The only question is, will Frank V go back to PP to continue being master of the universe, or is he already back there in a liaison capacity?
- R250 Those scenes with Mac/Felicia/Frisco were great. You could feel the tension.
- No one noticed how tired and worn Frisco sounded when he talked? He had the labored, drawn-out speech affect of an 80 year-old man. I wonder if this is really how Jack Wagner is, or are they perhaps setting up some kind of Frisco being sick and ready to retire from the WSB angle.
- I'm surprised VOTN didn't notice that Caleb's ring shown at the end of yesterday's show was identical to the magic ring from the last arc of PC. The wish granting ring which made Caleb and Alison fuck.
- Rafe the Angel has to show up at some point, right? I wonder if he could bring Allison back to life. Maybe he has a "wish-granting" ring, too.
- I doubt they'd offer Brian Gaskill and his drug problem the chance to return.
The Voice of the Night
- Great idea R173 When this Prospect Park talk started last year; I Tweeted that someone should do the same with "As The World Turns."
I'm no copyright lawyer, but it seems to me that ATWT and GL must both be public domain. Their creator, Irna Phillips, has been dead over 20 years. It seems to me they could be re-launched in a re-interpreted form, updated but with the same basic structure-just faster moving, etc. It would be a lot cheaper than licensing existing shows and expecting fans not to have a meltdown if the sets, wardrobe, etc. don't look exactly like they did on ABC.
I think what really matters is the characters, dialogue an feeling like they exist in a real community of people. All the money spent on designer clothes worn once, the enormous flower arrangements, etc. can go if you ask me.
R173 sure has a good idea. Even having a "Pheobe Tyler" type character would be an asset. I was kid when she was on, but my Mom watched AMC before going back to college and getting a job. I was fascinated by the campy, over-the-top snooty Pheobe. Ruth Warrick was a genius.
- Someone mentioned "A New Day In Eden." I always wondered about that show, but never found much about it on the Internet. It wasn't really "X-rated" was it? It was on Showtime or HBO right? How far did they go in terms of sex/nudity? What were the stories like, and why was it canceled?
I someone knows of a fan site or blog for it please post a link, I'd be interested.
- [quote]I doubt they'd offer Brian Gaskill and his drug problem the chance to return.
So what? BG could be replaced easily enough. Lucy's been invoking the crap out of Rafe's name lately and I'm not sure why they would do that if it wasn't a setup for him to appear. They've also made a point of saying that he's still "around," but no one is sure where he is at the moment. We'll see.
- R260 I believe ANDIE was a weekly cable primetime soap like Dallas.
I also heard that Jane Elliott showed her boobs in one episode
- Do we know that BG is still using drugs? Sean Kanan is back on GH after he was fired because he was drunk all the time.
- R263, excellent point. If Sean Kanan, a formerly big lush/druggie would be asked to return, then why not Brian?
- Wasn't Brian Gatskill only on PC for a couple years? I think Sean Kanan played a major GH character for much longer. Besides, I don't know how much further they can push the supernatural stuff on GH. I never watched PC and don't have a clue what story they're trying to tell.
- [quote]Wasn't Brian Gatskill only on PC for a couple years?
I think it would have been about two years. He originally appeared in three episodes from the "Tainted Love" story, but the character really clicked with the audience, so they brought him back in the next story, and he was there for the rest of the run.
The Voice of the Night
- [quote] I'm no copyright lawyer, but it seems to me that ATWT and GL must both be public domain. Their creator, Irna Phillips, has been dead over 20 years.
Nope, the creator isn't relevant here - rights were bought years ago by Proctor & Gamble and/or they owned them even from the start.
P&G could have continued GL and ATWT online (and, if they were smart, start an Edge of Night reboot) but the list of things they mishandled and just plum did not understand about how to make the shows in more recent times is very long. For P&G, the executives at the company who gave a shit left 15-20 years ago and the shows just became bumper content in between their commercials.
It would take someone buying the rights to all that content, and probably at a more inflated price than anyone is willing to sell.
- He was on PC longer than Kelly Monaco. I think all the hair models in the supernatural stories did 2-3 years on PC.
- No, he wasn't. Kelly Monaco was on the show for at least a year before the supernatural stuff started.
The Voice of the Night
- I was going by IMDB. I guess it's wrong, as usual.
- R259- Unfortunately, ATWT and GL are owned by Proctor and Gamble and they had offers I understand from the Lifetime Network for the rights to certain characters; they turned them down, but I forget the reason.
- R271 And while claiming that they were trying to place the shows with Lifetime....ugh. I think Lifetime was looking at making several 2-hour movies with the characters (an excellent idea, in my opinion).
PGP wanted the shows to still run an hour and be paid their 80s fees for making them. Sorry, no.
Where did you hear Elizabeth was leaving GH ?
- So Jack Wagner was still married to Kristina when he was carrying on with Jekyll and Hyde co-star Colleen Sexton? Is Sexton still in the picture?
- Gurl...I haven't ever been an everyday fan of GH and still...when Maxie saw Frisco today...
...my ass cried.
- Yeah! Jackie Zeman (Bobbie) is coming! JZ just announced it on Twitter.
Sorry folks--even with her bad plastic surgery, I still love JZ's Bobbie. I love her relationship with Luke and Laura.
- Bobbie is the greatest (worst?) enabler ever. This should be good.
- Britt gets somebody killed.
- I HATE BobbieHo. I wish they would kill her off followed by Moronica.
- What about that bitches face? Dear god, will our screens be able to handle it?
- I agree R280. No excuse to have to be subjected to women who screw their faces up like that. It's scary to look at.
- JZ promised a while back that she was going to stop using fillers. The scary cheek implants (that made her look like she was a member of the chipmunk family) and lip implants were bad enough, but the fillers were maybe the worst. She was definitely headed for Jocelyn Wildenstein territory for a while there.
I wonder if she kept her promise...
- Why was the Connie Ford thread closed? Bitches always complaining about soap threads! If you don't like don't read it!
- My thread was closed?
Well, ain't that a kick in the cunt!
The Constance Ford thread has not been closed.
- Constance Ford was not just a soap actress anyway, so it does not qualify as a soap thread.
- I howled at the photos McBain used of Todd and Lucy. Outrageously bad photos. Glad Roger and Lynn were good enough sports to let such awful photos be used.
The Constance Ford thread has most certainly been closed.
Not deleted, but closed. You cannot add more replies.
- r260, in 2002, I was asked to do an interview with Lara Parker (it never happened) and I was asked to include her memories about working on Marland's cable soap. When I was attempting to do research, I was frustrated there was hardly any info available at the time. I did end up getting in touch with a guy in Poland (of all places) who claimed he had all ANDIE episodes on tape and was willing to sell them for $75. The project ended up being cancelled and I never followed through with the purchase. Now I regret not trying to get my hands on them - they would be a goldmine to have.
- Marland created and head wrote the show; Patrick Mulcahey (Santa Barbara, GL) was one of the writers; and Susan Flannery was one of the producers. All 133 episodes filmed aired on Showtime. Because it was a cable effort, its hook was that it could be racier and sexier than the network soaps. It promised to delve deep into taboo subjects like rape, incest and homosexuality (not much to be surprised by today, but in 1982 it was tantalizing to the more constricted network audiences). It also touted the use of nudity. As far as I am aware, there was no full frontal nudity - only tits and ass. Also, there was no male homosexuality. There was a quasi-lesbian story that was actually a twist on the villainess getting her man by eliminating her female rival: the show's Alexis character seduced her boytoy's young girlfriend in a pool scene, making the young lady fall in love with her in order to lure her away from her boytoy (played by a young Jack Wagner).
A young Anne Lockhart (Battlestar Galatica) quit because she wasn't comfortable with all the nudity. Doug Marland later said in an interview that there was a young actor who was the most difficult he ever worked with, calling him a bad actor to boot. He never named the actor, but did say he was surprised this young man went on to become one of the hottest actors in daytime. Deduction clearly points out Wagner as the actor he was referring to.
Flannery was reportedly upset Showtime decided to cancel it; the other producer Michael Jaffee, who always seemed at odds with the sexual gratuity, wanted to wash his hands of it. Mulcahey has gone on record saying his time at ANDIE was one of the the worst times of his career (interestingly, he said the same thing about his time on Marland's LOVING).
- Bump for the return of Botox Bobbie!
- Someone please explain to me how anyone behind the scenes keeps a straight face when they have that troll doll Starr try to act like she's some sex kitten. I can't decide whether to burst out laughing or just look away in horror. And then they have that Bambi twink Chad Duell walking around in a towel? It's like watching two twelve year olds pawing each other.
- I would LOVE to see Bobbie finally have a scene with Sebastian Roche's Jerry just to give that story (even if it was with another actor) some closure. It's ridiculous that those two never shared scenes when JZ was still (even barely) on GH.
- Bobbie is the next to return. Who's after her....My predictions:Alan Q,Victor Cassadine,Blackie Parrish,Jagger or Brenda.Damon probably comes back for good on contract . Penghlis comes on for a star turn for the 50th anniversary storyline. Stamos makes a cameo.Mr Italian Stallion Sabato and Ms Marcil will wind up back somehow. In a limited capacity not as contract players.
- Please no more bedroom love making scenes with Starr and Michael. I know she is heading back to Llanview so go ahead... go.
- [quote] And then they have that Bambi twink Chad Duell walking around in a towel? It's like watching two twelve year olds pawing each other.
LOL and so true!
- Stuart Damon is not well enough for a full-time return; I think the plan is to continue giving him ghostly chances of appearences.
FV and RC want Brenda to return for appearences. Most likely to happen.
Stamos is making an appearence, probably as Blackie for the Nurses' Ball. Frisco will be singing at the Nurses' Ball. Rumours are Blackie and Frisco will reunite as Riff-Raff for the concert.
The Victor Cassadine rumours are pure internet-based. But RC and FV keep their feelers out and read everything. A Cassadine is scheduled to return, but insiders are saying it is Stefan.
- I was about to say what R297 did. Apparently they wanted Stuart Damon back full time. What he is ill with, I am not sure.
So far, most of the returns have been rooted in history, all good, etc. but at some point they need to either start spinning new story for those characters, or introduce new characters connected to them. The fat dork playing Rafe Jr. was not what we had in mind!
- [quote]What he is ill with, I am not sure.
The Voice of the Night
- Last I heard, his health is improving and he's looking forward to a return.
- I'd love to see Alan Q alive, but it will take some fuckery to explain how he was "dead".
- My dream scenario for the Nurses' Ball: Felix discovers that Richard Simmons started out his career as an areobics instructor at the Campus Disco back in the early 80s. It is then he reveals his big secret to Sabrina: Felix was once over 250 pounds overweight, and it was Richard's tapes that saved his life. "He's like my fairy godmother - he's got to come to the ball, Sabby. He's just got to!" All attempts to contact Ms. Simmons are futile, and Sabrina tells her friend that it may be too much to expect such a wish to come true. Felix, however, refuses to give up on his dream.
The day of the ball, Feix falls asleep and has a dream in which Richard appears as his fairy godmother and grants the single nurse a date for the Nurses' Ball. When he awakes, Felix is surprised to find a pair of bright red prada shoes laying next to a glittering gold lame tux.
Dressed to the nines, he heads out to the ball and finds, outside his brownstone, a leather clad rebel waiting for him outside on his motorcycle. Dude takes his helmet off and its a grinning Jagger Cates. "I SHALL go the ball!" Felix minces, snapping his fingers in his best sistah-imitation; he jumps on the back of the bike, rolling his eyes in his best downtown style as Jagger tells him to hang on tightly and floors the pedal to the ground.
Later, Felix squeals in delight when PC's former aerobics master Richard Simmons makes an appearence on stage with Claudia Johnson Phillps (Bianca Ferguson), Bobbi Spencer (Jackie Zeman), Annie Logan (Susan Pratt) and Kathy Summers (Linda Lungren) dancing to Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical", dedicated to the memories of their former club members Diana Taylor and Susan Moore, whose respective photos flash on a screen behind them.
"That her!" Felix screams to an amused Jagger, "That's my fairy godmother! She's real! Dreams do come true! Dreams DO come true!"
Sweating and gasping for breath, Richard brings things to a serious note, reminding people of the troops overseas, and to be nicer to the people "who bring sparkle to our lives". He then spots Felix in the crowd and asks the glittering spectacle to join him onstage for a duet of "It's Raining Men!" in which all GH hunks past and present prance around behind them in swimsuits and fireman helmuts.
- Here's an informative thread about A New Day In Eden including some sample scenes from scripts:
- Originally, Jack Manning was supposed to be the new guy in Molly's life (hence her sudden connection with Todd and Connie via her stolen manuscript), but that was dropped due to the PP renewal. So we get Rafe in his place.
There is a rumour that the dead Allison Barrington will turn out to be Alan Q's daughter, making Rafe a Q, which means he will be a missing heir.
That is fabulous!!
- Frisco is back! Yay!
- R294, they've wanted to bring Stuart Damon back for some time, especially after Jason's death. He is diabetic and has some serious health problems or we'd have seen him already.
- Not a GH scene but one of my favorite Stuart Damon performances.. and a lovely song!
- Kristen Alderson playing anything geared toward the sexy is pure uncomfortable comedy.
- Alderson and Duell looked like a couple of slugs mating in their love scenes. It's hard to imagine two young actors being that unattractive together.
- Yes, originally, Anna was supposed to have discovered Alan Q in the Swiss hospital where she found Duke alive. It was a nod to the history of Anna discovering Edward Q alive when he was presumed dead all those years and they brought David Lewis back to the show. But Damon's health forced them to rewrite the story.
It appears Laura will catch on very quick that Maxie is lying about her baby. It's cool to see that Luke and Laura will be mixed up in the same story with their successors Frisco and Felicia, something that hasn't happened since the Mexico story back in the mid-80s. And, of course, Felicia was Laura's old rival in the 90s for Luke. Lots of history being played with this.
- Chad Duel looks constipated when he is doing a serious scene.
- Chad and Alderson are fucking in real life. Her pussy is so good that he left his wife for it.
- I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, r313.
- Jack Wagner is dating Ashley Jones.
- A friend sent me some of Alderson's tweets where she tried to defend herself when she was attacked as a homewrecker. Trying to hide behind her good girl image, she claimed she knows right from wrong and is doing nothing wrong.
- Did Duell really leave his wife for Bovina??
- Apparently so, R317. They weren't hiding it at first but I heard they are now.
- Yeah, r318, you just heard it here now on this board.
- I am LMAO at these remarks about Starr because over on the SOC GH site some posters (including straight males) are always talking about how gorgeous and hot she is! I think she is kind of normal looking but not that pretty.
- WOW! I had no idea Alderson and Duel were dating. Interesting.
I knew that Jack Wagner had an affair with Ashley Jones a couple years ago. It sent Heather Locklear off the deep end. But I thought it was just a fling. Are they really still seeing each other R315?
- all i need is to stop seeing tiffani thiessen's fat face.
- Chad and his wife had their marriage annulled right? Thy were married only a few months.
- Not really, R319. A friend has been sending me stuff about this for weeks. When the rumors first started flying after some soap columns did B.I.s, I didn't believe it. My friend did, from the beginning. They've become gossip fodder in the online soap press now.
I didn't believe it initially because of Alderson's squeaky-clean close to her family image.
- I am surprised by all the CD-KA hatred here on DL. This seems to be the only board that hates them so much.
- Tiffani was probably thinking the same thing about Dennis Haskins, r322:
- Alderson's badussy brings all the boys to the yard. When Chad is fucking her, does he cum on her forehead? Does she use his cock as a microphone to sing into during foreplay?
- LOL R327
- r327 - wish it were me!!
- Hold the phone - Chad Duell is straight?
- Chad is not only straight, but is reported to have a massive cock. Like porno sized. I knew him in his Disney days. The crew called him tripod after he fucked a PA and broke her cooch.
- I just really want to suck Our Chad off and finger fuck his perky little ass.
- What do you guys think of my 'soon to be new boyfriend' Rafe?
Molly Davis, Novelist
- He's as white bread as you are, Molly. Neither of you has a single interesting thing about you, except for his twinkness.
- Before I comment, how old is he?
- Didn't Kristen fuck the dude who played Cole? I've read stuff in the past where she's always having guy friends over her house. What happened to her gay best friend who played the younger brother of the gay triplets who had John Wesley Shipp as their daddy?
- I actually like the kid playing Rafe. He's cute and has some potential.
I think you are refering to Nic Roebuck at r336 but he was not the youngest Ford brother that was Lenny Platt. Roebuck and his bf relocated to L.A. last year. To my knowledge the new OLTL will be Ford-less.
Kristen Alderson being the OPP of ANYONE at ANYTIME for ANY REASON is the most comical, tragic, hysterical thing I have heard on this board for YEARS.
Chad's OK but Michael #1 (adult Michael #1) was so much cuter. And with this new Rafe kid they've found another dorky, sorta fat young man - another Dillon Q.
Would it hurt to cast some blue eyed, dark haired dude with biceps for days and a bulge that will take yer eyes out?
- I don't really like you people.
none of this is even remotely interesting.
- That's okay, R339. We don't really like you either.
Part of it is your personal hygiene issues.
- No one is really dead dead on a soap. Stuart's health is getting better and seeing him every week would be a great boost to the show.Stefan Cassadine is pretty dead,dead and Stephen Nichols(as great as he is) would be better on Days right now. Days is quietly doing better in the ratings lately.They need to pull a GH and bring back some classic characters to further that ratings boost.Kayla also needs to get laid! Enough of her playing Mrs Doctor.
Thaao going back to GH makes perfect sense. If Ron and Frank are doing an Ice Princess redux then he would be perfect to be back. It would be cool to see him try to exact revenge on Scorpio and Luke for putting him away. Unlike Alan or Stephan, we didn't see him die. His return would be easier to explain. Thaao on Days would be cool too. He was great in that extended storyline featuring Kristen,Peter Blake and Stefano back in the 90s. I think that Eileen Davidson needs someone breathing down her neck and Tony/Andre' would be a a nice foil for her. The problem for a Days return is that bridges have been burnt on both sides.In addition, with Brad/Chad/Whatever his name is,EJ who are in the DiMera family, Stefano is not even getting enough face time so I don't see it happening.
- What is it about all the KA hate? Is it because Britt is so much hotter. Or that Kelly Monaco is that much cuter? Even Sabrina is cuter. I really don't give a shit about Todd and/or Starr in a GH context so I'm glad they'll be gone. I like ME's contribution BUT maybe he can come back as Caleb. That's if Lucy doesn't off him.......
- How about some stories for Scotty's dad and step-mom?
- I don't hate KA. I used to love her as Starr when she was a kid, but like a lot of kid actors she was unable to transition successfully into adult roles.
I dislike adult Starr and consider her expendable. It doesn't help that KA is not a good actor and is simply not attractive or charismatic enough to warrant all the time she spends front and center. Add to that her sad attempts at singing and dancing and it only gets worse instead of better.
I have no idea why FV/RC have tried so hard to force her on GH viewers but it seems to have backfired pretty badly.
- r341, out of all the soaps, DAYS has never really turned its back on its history like the other soaps had/have during the 2000s. It has consistently brought back favorites again and again and again over the last couple of decades but have never managed to give them storylines that befit the characters' original
popularity. Like an annual happening, they have brought Jack back again and again and again and they always end up giving him his walking papers; they have brought Jennifer back over and over again and they never really know what to do with her; while GH was decimating its history and flouting it in the face of its long-time viewers, DAYS brought Patch and Kayla back to be showcased in a story that included all of its popular 80s couples, including Marlena and John and Bo and Hope, in yet another 80s-like adventure; we've had Tony back as Tony and Andre, Leann Hunley has been back as Anna, Arleen Sorkin dropped in as Calliope, and even Shane and Kimberly were given some significant time for a reunion. Crystal Chappell was back for a time, as was Louise Sorel. The most embarrassing return has always been Lisa Rinna, who returned once as a cop in a story that went nowhere and recently as an undercover spy in a story that went nowhere. Christie Clark and Patrick Muldon's much touted return was a dud.
I always think soaps should keep its history intact as much as possible, and what led to the ultimate destruction of soaps (GL, AW, ATWT, AMC especially) is a complete disregard for who and what each show has been. However, in DAYS case, I really think the best think for it to do is start to move away from its 80s/90s phase. Whenever there is a change in writers, we always see an old favorite (or more) returning and it's all done in a sad attempt to focus the show. I personally think they have exhausted these characters (or they were exhausted by over-the-top sensational stories in the 90s) that they have lost all credibility. They need to move on.
- It's hard to tell who's more excited about Kin Shriner's February 19 return to General Hospital — him or us! The most beloved third wheel in suds history, Shriner's Scotty Baldwin was married to Laura (Genie Francis) back when she famously fell in love with Luke (Anthony Geary). Will the poor guy finally get revenge? According to an ABC rep, "Scott Baldwin returns to Port Charles as most of the town is gathered at the Haunted Star for a Valentine's Day party and the first person he sees is Luke. Things will escalate very quickly between the two of them." TV Guide Magazinespoke with Shriner — a veteran of 12 serials — about the best job he ever had.
TV Guide Magazine: We haven't seen Scotty since 2008. Were you dying to get back on GH for the 50th anniversary?Kin Shriner: My goal is to always keep playing Scotty, which I've now done in five different decades, which is crazy! He's been through so many incarnations, what with hundreds of writers, plus my own meddling. He's been a goodie and a baddie. Hey, when you're happily wed to a woman who runs off with her rapist, it'll tarnish you. I'm just wondering who else they can dig up for the 50th.
TV Guide Magazine: John Stamos is showing up, right?Shriner: I'm sure Stamos will come back because he knows GH started his career. And, of course, Ricky Dean Anderson. We need to get MacGyver back in the mix! We're like an old family from the '80s and I think we'll always feel that way. I'd love to work with Stamos again. As Blackie, he was Paul Drake to my Perry Mason, my footman, my go-to guy. "Go find this out, Blackie!"
TV Guide Magazine: Word is, GH is going to revisit that incident where Luke's daughter Lulu killed Scotty's son Logan.Shriner: That's what they tell me. I kinda thought we played that out so I'm wondering where this is headed. Scotty took Lulu to trial and didn't win. He didn't really know Logan very well — one day the kid just suddenly popped up in town — but maybe Scotty's still disgruntled.
TV Guide Magazine: Funny how we still want to call him Scotty, rather than Scott, which the network has been pushing for years.
Shriner: [Former GH executive producer] Wendy Riche is the one who got that "Scott" stuff going. One day she suddenly made a big deal about it. "You are now playing Scott Baldwin." And I'm like, "Why? Why is that, Wendy?" I never did get a real answer. But, whatever. It's Scotty who's coming back! TV
TV Guide Magazine: When did you first realize GH was a juggernaut?
Shriner: I remember it clearly. It was 1979. Genie and I were in Fort Lauderdale having dinner at Stan's. Right in the middle of our conch chowder, I look up and see a line of people around the building wanting our autographs. We knew we might be onto something.
TV Guide Magazine: You and Genie are still tight, right?
Shriner: Yeah. (Laughs) And we still cause a stir! A couple of months ago I had lunch with her in Calabasas, where she lives, and she made me go to the market with her. There was quite a fuss in the produce department when people spotted us. They were asking us, "Hey, wow, what are you two doing together? Are you guys a couple now?" And I'm, like, "No, Genie just needed a couple of melons for the morning and I tagged along. Really! There's nothing going on!" Of course the people recognizing us were all in their fifties. They enjoyed those times back then. We remind them of their college days and smoking pot. (Laughs)Because that's what everyone was pretty much doing in 1981!
TV Guide Magazine: Tony and Genie have been very open about the dark side of their GH success, but for you it all seems to have been a lark. True?
Shriner: I know some of it was bumpy for them, but I've had the time of my life and made the greatest friends. We've all stayed connected in hopes that we can connect again as our characters. Lynn Herring [Lucy] and I have had a thousand phone calls — we talk at least once a week — where we're, like, "Wouldn't it be great if our characters came back to Port Charles and did such-and-such." And now it's actually happening! (Laughs)
- Why are there two identical All I Need threads?
where is the second one?
- Kin and John Stamos are BFF. Have they had the mansex?
- You all don't think of me as a super hot sex kitten?
- [quote] What led to the ultimate destruction of soaps (GL, AW, ATWT, AMC especially) is a complete disregard for who and what each show has been.
- OLTL and ATWT should still be on the air. Both AMC and GL felt dead before the end, and it showed.
- R344 I knew there was something wrong with him,he's an actor not an actress!;) They need to get a real actress instead of a tranny to play Starr. I knew there was something mannish about her/him. As you can probably tell, I can't stand the gender neutral title of actor...actress sounds so much sexier with a ton of finesse to boot.
RC/FC are OLTL junkies. That's why they brought over the OLTL folks to begin with.
R345 They've brought back and jettisoned people as much as any other soap.It took them 14 years to get the brilliant idea to bring back Eileen Davidson AND she was on contract to another soap. One owned by the same company BUT controlled by Soap Sleepmakers, The Bells.GH did decimate a lot of its history BUT so did Days(in a different way) when it became The Eileen Davidson show in the 90s. How involved were the legacy characters in the Exorcist storyline? Even Days had a recent reboot where Chad was Jessica Tuck's son then he's a DiMera!
Lisa Rinna was so misused this time. She should have been fucking half of Salem instead she's become a glorified extra.
R349 Homosex betweeb JS and Kinny? Hey why not? Sounds hot......
I've mentioned Richard Dean Anderson before. Heather seeing him again is a trip.He would be slumming like Stamos BUT it would be a glorious form of slumming. Forget Legend, Forget Stargate,Forget MacGyver...GH is his real home!
- Do Kin and Billy Warlock still fuck around?
- John Stamos admitted to screwing one of the Olsen twins? That's just ewww
- Is it true that Kin has a huge cock? Like, ten plus? That's always the rumor I heard.
I am glad he's back and I understand all of us age, but he does look a little pudge-o in the previews.
The guy they cast as Scotty's son was a mega asshole and was apparently making both the actresses that play Lulu and Maxie uncomfortable so they fired him. But he was a hottie.
- I wish Heather Locklear and Demi Moore would join GH or Days.
- R356 Speaking of Maxie,is it me or is she getting fat? I know she's preggers on the show BUT she makes Freddie Smith look like Slim Jim.When she met Frisco for the first time in ages she had more triple chins than Frisco, Max and Felicia combined.DL Favorite, Lady Bovina seems to be in better shape than Maxie, does.
Where did he admit this?
- I hated Demi Moore on GH
- Sorry, don't see Maxie as being fat. She looks fine to me.
- R355 Not sure where it originated, but several on DD claimed that they knew it
- r355, WHEN did he supposedly do this? They were minors when they were on FH!!!
I think you may be confusing the sick joke creepy Bob Saget used to tell in his so-called comedy acts about boinking the Olsen twins as a way to appear more edgy to the crowds.
- Laura Wright is tweeting that ME, RH & KA are returning soon. Hopefully this is true!
- R364 But as who?
This isn't clear yet whether GH can use their original OLTL characters or whether they have to use new ones.
I would think the hyper negative reaction Prospect Park got to that news probably guarantees that those characters will remain at GH. But then again, these soap producers have done some stupid shit.
- Does anybody know what happened to the site Mediadomain?
- It's been dead for a while R366. I am not exactly sure why but I think the infighting on that board killed it.
- I heard it's impossible to post anything on the SoapCentral site too. The fraus patrol it and delete anything edgy. Interesting site though, lots of good historical soap stuff, lots of bad writing too. And a little too safe.
- Infighting? I didn't come across any infighting on MD.
- Question. Is Lucy and Scott's daughter Christina considered canon in the GH universe? I ask because when Scott was transplanted back to GH in 2001 Serena was still mentioned all the time but I can't recall them ever mentioning Christina. When Scott returned a few years ago they mentioned Serena being off at boarding school but it was as though she was his only daughter.
I thought Christina was Lucy and Kevn's daughter.
- Scott and Lucy adopted Christina together. When Christina's biological mother kidnapped Christina and left town, Lucy and Scott's relationship fell apart--and so did Lucy for a while. After she and Kevin got back together, Julie, the biomom, came back to down, dying of Soap Opera disease. Kevin convinced Julie to give Christina back to Lucy, and Kevin and Lucy agreed to share custody of the girl with Scott, although she lived with K&L.
Since she's been back, I'm pretty sure either Mac or Felicia has mentioned Lucy's "kids," so she probably does still exist, if needed. Unfortunately, having a Christina Baldwin along with a Kristina Corthinos-Davis would probably be confusing.
The Voice of the Night
- Maybe a nice Alzheimer's storyline? We'd knock it outta the park.
- Mediadomain was pretty tame. However, I think I heard participation was falling off and maybe the people that ran it didn't think it was worth it. SOC is a pain in the ass. I used to go there for updates and spoilers and the average poster seems to be either 15 or 75 and they whine a lot. The moderators are Nazis and you cannot criticize actors at all or say they stink or they ban you.
- While I never watched PC I appreciate Cartini trying to find away to mix PC history with GH. Guza failed to acknowledge the PC universe. I imagine both Serena and Christina will show up at some point in time.
- Love this thread. That is all.
- Well we do have two "Johns" on this show at the moment.
- Who's the other John aside from McBain?
- John "Johnny" Anthony Zacchara
- Oh, duh. I forgot about him.
They usually call McBain McBain though, unless he's having a delicate scene with a ladyfriend.
- The simple soltuion to the dual-Kristina problem would be to get the current waste of space off the canvas. Christina Baldwin would be far more interesting to get involved with.
- Even with that, I'm sure they'll have to call her another name. Two Christinas would be WAY too confusing.
- The Vampire storyline is so silly and wonder how many GH fans actually watched PC.I also am not found of Todd and Starr either. RC and FV crossed a line that is an unwritten rule in soaps...when an actor who has previously played a role on a soap plays a new one there is no confusion as to who the person is.
Duke and Anna are reunited and we are subjected to fangs and Todd Manning! Enough already. With Laura, Scotty and Bobby coming back I have some hope that the plots will go in a beeter direction.
I have to give props to RC for wishing Stuart Damon, a happy birthday on his twitter account. I know he wants SD back and hopefully that will happen soon enough.
- I guess they could always call Christina "Tina," and be done with it.
The Voice of the Night
- Anthony Geary is top billed on GH
Why him and not Leslie Charleson who has been there longer than AG?
- Leslie isn't a contract player any more.
The Voice of the Night
- GENERAL HOSPITAL
LESLIE CHARLESON'S PLASTIC SURGEON
- LC isn't getting paid what Tony Geary is either.Also Tracy,Monica,Scotty and Luke are family in real life too. I wonder who else plays for the other team there.....
I love the Maggie DOOL fan/troll that keeps on posting Maggie as their star. That must rankle DH to no end.......
- [quote] Tracy,Monica,Scotty and Luke are family in real life too.
U mean they are related?
- In my fantasy, it's
The Voice of the Night
- No, Jane Elliot is NOT a lesbian.
- Epiphany's dead son Stan was Jason's first computer hacker, pre-Spinelli, and was played by the same actor who was Jamal on Port Charles.
- I'm sure that's exactly what she said when Deidre Hall was eating her pussy.
The Voice of the Night
- Thank you R392! I like JE. Don't say she's a lesbo.
- [quote]I like JE. Don't say she's a lesbo.
This is a gay site. If you think saying someone is a lesbian is an insult or a disparagement, you clearly should not be here. Shame on you.
- [quote]Epiphany's dead son Stan was Jason's first computer hacker, pre-Spinelli, and was played by the same actor who was Jamal on Port Charles.
Kiko Ellsworth was one of three actors who played Stan. I think he was the last, and was playing Stan when he got killed.
- R392 Voice, I think they are the dildo type of lesbians. Not that there is anything wrong with giving head.
R391 Janey is a dyke. A clamboxer. A woman lover. Deal with it.
R394 I like Janey too BUT she is a lesbo! She worships Sappho darling and Dee Hall as well.
R389 I mean family as the codeword for being gay!
- Yikes, don't give RC any ideas, r392! No need to remind him of that.
I am wondering where this vampire story is going. We were told no vampires, just a nice homage to GH history (its PC stage). But it seems to have taken too much of a life of its own (no pun intended). Caleb really exists? Is he a vampire or just a serial killer?
- Jane Elliot is gay. Despite the long-term DL rumours, however, she was never involved with Dee Hall.
I always wondered about Susan Brown, who played Gail Baldwin. She was a very close friend of Doug Marland's (as was Jane Elliot). I just always got a lesbo vibe from Mrs. Baldwin.
- R399 I never did get a dykey vibe from her. Janey yes. Dee Dee no ironically enough.But Mrs Baldwin....not really.
IS that hot hotty Rose Kelly coming back for a spell with Joe Kelly? Maybe for the 50th you think. She was such an adorably cute thing. As was Doug Sheehan......
Oh no more PC people! I've had it with Caleb and the whole Dark Shadows PC storyline. The show was eventually canned so that tells you how successful the Dark Shadows redux was.
- For what it's worth Jane and Dee are very close, best friends if you will. They were with Tony in Amsterdam not that long ago. Can you imagine those three getting high at a cafe. I think the Dee and Jane thing is more legend than truth. I don't think Dee would be Jane's type.
- R402 Jane was that composite character best friend in Dee's TV movie. They are besties BUT the urban legend about them is true.
About Amsterdam, does Tony's companion ever come to LA? And how young is his lover?
- I'm a lesbian and there ain't nothin' you can do about it!
- I think my daughter's original name, Joan Crawford, Jr. for one of the Christinas would allay any confusion.
- Tony Geary, Deidre Hall and Jane Elliot at the same table together, sitting back and bitchin'. How cool would it be to be at the next table getting a view of that?
- I had stopped watching Port Charles by the time they started the telenovela formats, so this is the first time I've seen Michael Easton play Caleb.
I gotta say, I like Easton a lot more as Caleb than I do as McBain.
- Why hasn't RC brought a gay love story to GH yet? Maybe Scotty will be gay......art imitating life possibly.
- R395, I am gay so this IS where I belong.
- FV is hiring way too many people. With all the damn commercials the show is only about 35 minutes a day. He needs to slow down or start firing more people.
- [quote]The simple soltuion to the dual-Kristina problem would be to get the current waste of space off the canvas. Christina Baldwin would be far more interesting to get involved with.
No too confusing. They would both be about the same age and I'd rather have Serena back. Best to just forget the other Christina existed. Serena needs to come back a hellcat, spoiled rich princess. Carly Shroeder could play it to the hilt she was a very talented young actress.
- I'm loving the new iPod Shuffle style of stories on GH, characters are front and center for a few weeks and then they let another set of characters take the lead.
Not sure if it's the best deal for all the actors to essentially be recurring, but it prevents fans from getting tired of characters on all the time.
Likely also helps keep the show on budget.
- I posted at R391. Have said it before, will say it again.
I've heard from several people (including someone who used to write for Digest) that Jane isn't a lesbian. Dee has been (varying degrees of outness) and they are very close friends, but they are not lovers.
Jane had a much older married lover for years. She's just very not hung up about gay people and always has been cool like that, as many of her friends (including Dee and Doug Marland) were.
She and Nancy Lee Grahn love cock too much to be lesbians. Seriously.
- Jane Eliot and Tony Geary went on vacation together. Which is nice to know they are that good of friends.
- It is going to be interesting to see if Genie behaves herself this time around. Rumor has it that she wants a Laura/Scotty endgame.
- Genie comes off as such a cunt. I doubt that Geary's a walk in the park, but he still seems better than Francis.